Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 3: It is six oh five here Kentucky and it's Morning News with Nick Coffee on News Radio eight forty whas So, the folks that are in charge of of making sure people are following the rules, meaning those that have liquor licenses, they're they're out and about doing their doing their job. John mentioned Brad Sylvieia who's the director of Metro ABC and that, and I know Brad a little bit, not at all surprised to see he's holding those accountable and doing.
Speaker 1: His job the way that he should.
Speaker 3: But this got me thinking when it comes to having a fake ID and trying to use it, I'll admit it, I probably shouldn't. It's six oh five. Moms not up yet, so she may not hear this. If you know my mother, please don't tell her this. But I used an ID that wasn't mine a couple of times, so it wasn't a fake ID. It was just an ID that wasn't mine. Clearly I shouldn't have done that, and I only tried. I only had the stones to try it once, not actually twice, and then after that I chickened out. But there's a big difference in having an ID that isn't that is not a real like it's it's a fake card, it's not real, it's not legitimately issued. And then there's the ide that you used that's just someone else's. And I've often wondered what would be what would be the more serious offense, because I assume a lot of people who use fake IDs that are college kids just trying to go get some some you know, trying to go get some beer. And I shouldn't act as if like it's just something everybody does. I'm sure there's many that have not, but it's also not something that is extremely uncommon. But when you're at that age, it wouldn't shock me if you are not even really thinking about there being a difference and not really thinking about getting caught. I think maybe this just speaks to me. When I was that age, my real fear was they'll just take it and I'll be embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Right right, right? So which is a real which is a real?
Speaker 3: You know, that was a real worry of mine, But you know, you're you can also be charged with different crimes depending upon what it is. So if you have a fake counterfeit ID, meaning that it's just not a real ID, at all and it's got a picture of you, but it's a fake. The charge there is possession of a forged government document. It's actually a felony in many states. Oh, you can also get forgery or criminal impersonation, a misdemeanor or a felony, depending upon intent and state law. Tampering with government record that is also the charge in one state, that's Texas. Now, if you use a real ID that belongs to somebody else, the potential charges here could be misrepresentation of identity, which is often a misdemeanor, criminal impersonation, or identity theft unlawful use of another person's ID, which is a misdemeanor in many states. So again it varies as far as the severity of the charge. But having an actual, actual ID that was created not by you know, not issued by the state, that is the more severe, the more severe crime essentially. And I don't think many college kids who try to use that often consider it, but just something to keep in mind. And I will say they probably don't fully I mean, I imagine a lot of places they just take it exactly and they don't fully pursue it as far because the people who are checking your ID more often than not are not law enforcement, but maybe they It wouldn't shock me at all though if they do see that somebody's gotten like if there's a plug if you will on a campus, who's producing fake id's that are really legit looking, and they start to realize we've been duped by a lot of people. That's whenever you got law enforcement on hand, and the next time you see you now have an identifying something that something you now know that that clearly shows this is one of the really good fakes, and then they just want to know who's making it. And if you get caught producing mass different IDs for people, it may sound like a harmless way for college kids to try to get some beer before they turn twenty one. Or you could also have a legit criminal issue on your hand.
Speaker 4: That's it, because when you stop misrepresenting people and with IDs and whatnot, you can go into a whole of the realm of problems that are out there. I mean, you could be a criminal that has a long ram sheet and now that you have a fake ID, maybe it's got your picture, but you get pulled over by law enforcement.
Speaker 1: I mean, eventually I think that would catch up to you.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if you've got somebody who's mass producing, just like they do with credit card fraud, if you've got somebody's mass producing credit cards out there, I mean, it significantly changed over the years. But if you're a kid that's just buying beer, which can you imagine being a police officer in a college town like that, that if you were, that's solely where you're Okay, we got to go, we got another fake ID, we got an this, this, and this.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, there's there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of questions and even if you are doing your job as best you can and you feel like you've got a good balance of holding those accountable but also knowing you know what to fully pursue and whatnot, but you also know it's never ending.
Speaker 1: That's it kids, exactly. Kids.
Speaker 3: They're going to try to find a way to get access to booze before they turn twenty one, and that I don't see that ever changing.
Speaker 4: I was actually having my nose. My son goes to Xavier and there's a place I go. They have the best beer in the world in this capies and it's right literally across the street from the campus, and it's one of those places where they sell it, and they also have like a little bar right there so you can taste it and sample and have a beer. And I was talking to the guys when I was there. I said, so, do you get a lot of fake IDs that come through here? He said, We used to, but we become so attuned to it now we know what to look for. And the kids aren't going to come here. They're going to use them at some off to shoot place that's hidden way off a side street somewhere.
Speaker 3: And I think that's how people get caught, not the people with the fake id's, but the businesses that get complacent or maybe they just don't care about the rules. Is that kids are going to know I got a much better chance of my fake working at this place, and then it's hard to keep that discreete for a long time, and then you know, you get you get caught. So all right, We've got more sports coming your way in about fifteen. I do want to let you guys hear some of the Kentucky fans reacting to the Vince Mayrow news.
Speaker 1: They didn't take it well. We'll get to that.
Speaker 3: Also, another update of trafficking weather's coming your way right here, right now. On news Radio eight.
Speaker 1: Forty whas.
Speaker 3: It is six sixteen here at Kentucky at his morning news with Nick Coffee on news Radio eight forty whas. So the big news on Monday afternoon will probably be officially official.
Speaker 1: Maybe any moment now.
Speaker 3: And that is Vince Marrow leaving his position at the University of Kentucky, the associate head coach for Mark Stoops, to take the GM role at Louisville with Jeff Brohm, a beloved coach, maybe one of the most beloved coaches that Kentucky has ever had, that is not the head coach who has been a big factor in their success. Nobody would really deny that, although I have thought in the last forty eight hours roughly this really tells me what you guys think about Mark Stoops, because it sounds as if you're of the belief that that Vince Marrow is the only reason that there was really ever any success. So I do wonder if he'd gone to a different school. Well, actually, I know the reaction will be a lot different, but it being Louisville has led to UH fans just understandably upset. That's the best way, That's the best way to put it, and Matt Jones put this out there yesterday that he was told that major UK football downers were not aware of Marrow's departure until it became news via Pete Damil. And he didn't let anybody know, and.
Speaker 4: That falls in love what we were talking about yesterday. Those are some power moves. You don't let people know your next move.
Speaker 3: But doesn't it also and I don't want to reach too much here, but if you don't, even if you don't tell anybody, Yeah, and it's just they find out via Pete Damil of ESPN. To me, it's more plausible that there's a real personal thing going on here to where it's not a love you brother, but I got to do.
Speaker 1: What's best for me. It could be that.
Speaker 3: But also it sounds like there's been a real power control, not with Stoop. Stoop's the power, but sounds like Eddie Grant, a former OC who then took a role as I mean, he's been with Stoops for a long time and his title, his position has has changed over time, and I think there was a shift. And who really is I guess the top dog no pun intended. That's what they call Vince Merro Big dog, but the top dog under under stoops and it sounds like some of that was shifting back to Eddie Grant, So maybe there is a real disconnect to where the two are no longer close at all. But yeah, that that's that's still surprising when you think about it, not that he left, but that he went to Louisville of all places. But as mentioned yesterday, there is a connection they Jeff Brahm and Vince Mayor have known each other for a long time due to their days in the XFL. And when you're in the praternity that is coaching, obviously you know you're gonna network, and you're gonna you're gonna meet people that you respect and and and and admire. And clearly those two guys have have have admired each other for a while. That's actually been somewhat out there, but you don't you don't want to yell about it because you're not supposed to like your rival, right It's supposed to be contentious. And there was a real shift in respect from the Kentucky staff towards Louisville once Jeff brom took the job. But here is here's how some of the some of the Kentucky fans reacted yesterday to the news of the Big Dog, as they called him, leaving to go to the rival.
Speaker 2: You went ahead and soldier sola here too early. I'm done with big fan of you events, but not if you go to an inferior institution. L's down, Little Dog, El's down our event. I'm glad you're listening because when you throw the l's up, I hope to God your hand cramp. I hope that you know when you go do the karaoke of simple Man in acc all six of their fans at the ACC tournament, all six of their fans are gonna love it. Okay, but at the end of the day, you are not a big dog anymore. You are no more than a toy poodle. And I hope you stub your toe we have your press conference. I think this probably that is low life patroll move, as the coach could do a.
Speaker 1: Little extreme huh. You know what's interesting. And I can't tell you how much I love that. By the way, I used to.
Speaker 4: Be said fan in so passionate about out and I think I don't know what it was that turned me off. I think one of my good friends that I work with is an Ohio State fan, and we would gather each day everach year to watch the Michigan Ohio State game.
Speaker 1: And it was it was like two people watching a game. And that's in two when I did my.
Speaker 4: College football show that I bless you guys, when I quickly realized that, you know, there's a way to enjoy a rivalry like I used to be those people I used to get caught up. I used to have nothing good to say about Ohio State. I still don't for the most part. But it's all to hate, brother, I know, no, I do, trust me. But it's also you see it from a different person. I don't get as white hot angry as what I used to same here.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably for me it's it's more And for those who don't know, I'm a I'm a big Louisville fan. Sure, so I think maybe it's growth maturity, but also just honestly, what we do has helped me sort of balance it. That's what I was going for because with this platform, you know, you especially getting sports for over ten years, you you hear from the most passionate folks and those who would call and and you know, make those kind of comments. Those are the people that are that wrapped into it, and that's that's what makes it special. I mean the rivalry again, to go back to what I said a moment ago, you don't get a full day of it being the only talking point on Kentucky Sports Radio with people calling and reacting like that if it's not him going to Louisville. And it's because of the rivalry factor and rivalries that's one of the biggest things I think that makes sports great.
Speaker 1: And we hear in Louisville.
Speaker 3: Specifically, there's so many of us that coexist in this city. They work together, some of them are married to each other. You're just you're always going to be or it's you know, good luck completely isolating yourself from the other side. So it's a passionate rivalry. It's not it's not serious to the extent that you got to worry. You know, people shouldn't be nasty to one another. But it's a there's a real I don't want to say hatred, but hatred's the right word to use when it's coming to like sports. It's not legitimate personal hatred, although to some it might be.
Speaker 1: But I love it.
Speaker 3: I can't get enough of it.
Speaker 1: Good stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, we got another update of trafficking weather coming your way. Also another update on sports with Scott so keep it lock right here. It's Kentucky and its Morning News with Nick Coffee on News Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: Thank you, John.
Speaker 3: It is six thirty five here Kentucky and it's Morning News with Nick Coffee on News Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: So, ozembic is.
Speaker 3: Still a very very popular resource for folks to lose weight. So much so, guys that McDonald's is blaming some of their recent shortfalls on I guess people not excuse me having the same appetite. So McDonald's shares fell about one point seven percent yesterday. That is according to a research firm Redburn Atlantic, and it says that appetite suppressing drug such as ozempic could pull twenty eight million annual customer visits from the chain and shave roughly four hundred and eighty two million in revenue. I mean, I'm familiar with ozimpic and I know what it does. And I can see, I mean this might sound I can see there's I can see some listening right now thinking how in the world would they be able to know that this specific weight loss drug is truly impacting to this level with these precise numbers. Well, first of all, it is an estimate from analysts, but I could also see that those that have had a lifestyle change courtesy of this drug, their lifestyle no longer includes the many visits to McDonald's, right, I.
Speaker 1: Can tell you. I can tell you brothers, someone who used it.
Speaker 4: Fridays were always my fun day, and that was the day I went and I telled the folks in the office, I'm going out to have a burger because I could, and that was something I look forward to and McDonald's was one of my stops.
Speaker 1: But after going through the weight loss, I can't tell you the last time I was in a McDonald's, dude.
Speaker 4: And it used to be when I went in and I don't want to pick on just McDonald's fast food.
Speaker 1: And sure, yeah, and you know every time I would go. We will take road trips with the family.
Speaker 4: They still eat McDonald's, which is cool, and we'll go in and we eat while we're on the road so we can get where we're going. And they open that bag and I'm gonna lie the smell if McDonald's is intoxicating.
Speaker 3: So you you don't you don't eat any fast food not really good for.
Speaker 4: You, man, not really Yeah, and so and beauty about all that is, once you get past that initial craving and you get past that point, you're home free. And that's what I was saying, is that even when we're in a car and my family opens that bag, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Lie that smell. It's it's intoxicating.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I'm also at the same point where I've got it upstairs in my head. I'd love to bite into a cheeseburger, but I can't. Now that's not to say I don't ever eat that anymore.
Speaker 1: I do. I allow myself to You gotta allow yourself to live.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not not out there eating tree bark and leaves, so you do eat it.
Speaker 3: But that stuff has been out of your body for a long time.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: That's those types of foods, and it truly was a lifestyle change to where you can be exposed to it and not fall into the temptation. And my guess as to why ozembic and weight loss drugs, weight loss medications similar are effective is because it truly makes it to where you don't have the ability to eat as much therefore without you really, I mean, it's doing the work for you as far as just I think portion control, and then over time it just becomes the new Norman. There's people that I know that have gone off of it after a while, and they can tell when they've gone off of it, but there's been a big enough change to where there's still they're still in a better place than they were prior to going on it.
Speaker 4: Well, now to your point though, now on TikTok, there's plenty of folks that will tell you, hey, here's my fast food hack. Now that's not saying I couldn't walk into McDonald's. Let's just say I want to get a quarter pounder, Zach.
Speaker 1: Is that your go to? Oh yeah, I did it? Oh yeah, quarter pounder value, load it up. I could go into a real fat day.
Speaker 3: I'll do a double quarter pounder and then feel and I'll feel like garbage for ten days, both both physically and mentally.
Speaker 1: Right, so I never was able to do the double. I do the single.
Speaker 4: Now I could go into McDonald's and pull that quarter because I do like the way they it's a simple seasoning for their beef, and I do like that.
Speaker 3: It's probably also kind of fun to try to recreate it on your own, right, you could you could.
Speaker 4: Pull the patty off, sands the butt, depending on what you're what you're looking for.
Speaker 1: And I could eat McDonald's.
Speaker 4: I was surprised when McDonald's took the salads off because I went in one day and I totally forgot.
Speaker 1: This was like post COVID.
Speaker 4: They took the salads off, but or bring the bring when they brought the snack wraps back, but you got to put it in a wrap that's not so carb heavy for me at least.
Speaker 1: Everybody has a different, different story.
Speaker 3: But your body's become used to at this point of of of a certain probably amount of food to eat, absolutely, and and foods that are cleaner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Clean.
Speaker 3: I knew you. Really, You're really told on yourself as far as being the the healthy one of the show. Whenever John and I were talking snacks last week, he's talking about hammering some gurridos, I'm talking about putting away some bush lights and oh man, I just can't control my sweet tooth watermelon at night.
Speaker 1: Nona is watermelon's regularly night.
Speaker 4: But the weekends, my man, chocolate is my kryptonite. I went crazy this past weekend on straight chocolate. Nothing healthy, straight chocolate.
Speaker 3: So the one is it both days of the weekend or just one day. We're even really loosening up Saturday.
Speaker 4: I really loosen up. Sunday is a little bit more healthier on A girl will do shit and then.
Speaker 1: Right back into the routine on Monday. Oh good for you, man, Yeah, it's it's nice. We'll get to this later.
Speaker 3: There's actually a new benefit to ozimpic that men are discussing, and we'll tell you the latest on that. We've got an update of traffic and weather coming your way right here, right now, and we also will have more sports coming your way in about fifteen minutes. It is six forty one at Kentucky has morning news on news radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 1: It is six forty six here Kentucky.
Speaker 3: His morning news with Nick Coffee on news Radio eighthas take us with you wherever you go. You can listen live on the iHeart radio app. Also listened live at seven Almost did It?
Speaker 1: You Almost did It? You can listen to seven ninety if you can.
Speaker 3: But we encourage you to listen to us at whas dot com. I've had a couple of slip ups, which honestly you want to avoid those, but I expected there to be more some feeling pretty good about the the You know, you got to keep in mind how often I mentioned the name of said station and how you can listen to this station throughout the four hours we're here. So I'd say my success rate as far as at least you know knowing what station I'm on, I'm doing pretty good. It's got to be one of the first boxes to check in radio know what station you're on, so you can actually I mean it's I guess it's good for you to know, but if somebody's listening, they know because they know what station they're on.
Speaker 1: Well, an iHeart app is pretty phenomenal stuff.
Speaker 4: I like going out in the yard on Friday afternoons cutting the grass. Listen, and you and I have a common interest. We both like petros and money.
Speaker 1: Yes, they are awesome.
Speaker 4: I remember them listening back in my days when I lived in southern California, and yet it's so weird to listen to them. And then you hear my man Dwight whitt and come on with an adam.
Speaker 1: Like when did Dwight move to la? Oh wait, I'm on the app.
Speaker 3: Yep, you can listen to I mean there's you could be anywhere in the world and if you've got some type of connection, you can connect with us and yeah, listen to uh listen to all of our shows here and yeah. It's it's the way a lot of people consume this type of content every day. But it is wild that what thirteen fourteen years ago, it didn't exist. I mean you couldn't. You couldn't you had to be listening live on on the radio or I guess it's been a it's been around for a while that you could just go to a website and do it. But nowadays a lot of people are just on devices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so, do you have a laptop that you.
Speaker 3: Use at home, a computer or you more of it?
Speaker 1: I have the Station one.
Speaker 4: I do, yes, when I do, because when I do show prep it's easier to use.
Speaker 3: So I I've had probably two laptops in the last seventeen eighteen years, and you know, I take them everywhere I go, even if I don't need it, Like it's just been been my world, my life. I created a website long long ago, which first got me in the door to be able to have a platform. And I did it all from my first laptop that I got whenever I was twenty years old. And you know, I just I've always worked on a computer, but now I'm finally making the shift to where I use the computer every day here at work. But as far as like getting things done, I can do almost anything on my phone. And also I have an iPad that is super, super resourceful, So I find myself now no longer really relying on a laptop. And I'm thinking, I'm sure there's a lot of people that's the same way. Like you probably have a desktop computer at home potentially, or maybe you have a laptop, but as far as you know, lugging it around with the with the with the power cable, and you know, it's not like it's a total inconvenience or anything, but it's much more convenient in you're able to do really just about anything you can do on your computer, you can do on your phone now. So I'll bring that up to say that whenever you were streaming radio long ago, you had to be in front of a computer screen. Now it's just all device driven, just like everything we seem to do in life is device driven now, right.
Speaker 4: Well, what's doing We were walking around Derby and in fact, when I had a chance to catch up with Kirk Churristreet, that entire interview was recorded on my phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even a few years ago you wouldn't have thought to do that, but now we realize, yeah, these these devices have high quality microphones to where you really wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah's and that's what people say all the time. I was talking with some TV folks who were out of Derby as well. They're like, yeah, sometimes we get better results using our phone to record the audio and then we'll shoot the video with the camera and put the audio to that overlay it with that.
Speaker 1: It's it's a phone, Yeah, it's it's a phone.
Speaker 3: It has gone from a level of convenience to where, all right, it's in a jam, we could do this to where I think you're starting to see, Okay, no, this is actually not only a smoother way to get things done, it's a better, better way to do it, and you get better quality and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I'm a nerd for videography. If if you, and.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's some that are aware, but the type of cinematic type of filming you can do with your smartphones, the latest iPhones, in the latest Samsungs, I mean, it's it's unbelievable, all right. It makes sense as to why these phones if you just purchase the straight up retail no plan, there's a reason that cost what they cost, because you can pretty much do anything on them.
Speaker 1: Makes you it makes you wonder, are they even do we call them phones anymore?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's so much more than that. That's a good point. Yeah, it's I mean, that's it's to me. Yeah, I can make a phone call, but that's what I do maybe three percent of the time, maybe less than that. Yeah, I'm not calling many people. It's a phone, but yeah, probably shouldn't be called that anymore. If we ever do get a change to what we refer to the cell phone as I'm gonna give credit to scutf Is Jerald for putting this in.
Speaker 1: Motion because he's got a good point. It's way more than a phone. It is.
Speaker 3: We got another update of tracking and other coming your way. Also more sports right here on news radio weight forty whas