Speaker 1: It's been a year in the making, and am I ready? We'll hopefully York, it's time you.
Speaker 2: Where it's about to get weird. Be prepared for it to get weird. Thinks are gonna get weird. It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it. Let's get weird. Let's get it word where get?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric?
Speaker 3: I'm ready open you Listen, guys, I listen it to the two hundred and twenty six episode of Let's Get Weird.
Speaker 1: My name's Hoddy Amware, and every week we come together to give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the sheets, the yups, the downs, the all arounds and your aus.
Speaker 2: We just have a good time.
Speaker 1: You know. Sometimes you forgot that your microphone wasn't on, And it's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 2: It's just the introid NBD. I can project, I couldn't sing, un.
Speaker 1: Dance, No, no, you can hustle. I saw them quick feats over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I mean you jealous, that's the problem. No, it was just like it was.
Speaker 1: A cute Eric moment. So if you didn't see it, Eric atmospheric fee and Martin r ic kV. So I thought someone spotted you in the wild it was just filming you, But.
Speaker 2: It was your friend. It was a yeah, former coworker of mine.
Speaker 4: They were in the David bus as well with their son at a birthday party. And I brought Max after his baseball game and there is this football thing where you got to pretend like you're running through tires and you got to move your feet.
Speaker 2: So my quick feet were on how many tickets did you get? Thirty?
Speaker 4: Because then Max walked away and I was like, look at what I'm doing it, Max, look at me.
Speaker 1: Reverse you're trying to impress him, impress Look, that's not that lazy.
Speaker 4: And then uh, and then he walked away and I was like, oh, I got I gotta stay with my kid now, a buddy, if you gotta stay with.
Speaker 2: The Max and the buddy.
Speaker 1: You instilled upon Max that he needs to save his tickets or just blow them all out whenever you get them.
Speaker 2: That day we blew him out.
Speaker 4: But we have another card with over a thousand tickets, and I'm like, let's keep building. Let's keep the fourteen hundred tickets. I think it, so let's keep building. You know what I mean, because there's some cool stuff that they have in there sometimes because.
Speaker 1: More and I went, we went, we went to the Swingers golf opening.
Speaker 2: We got a lot of taking.
Speaker 1: We're like, let's let's save them if we come back and then we can just bookoo buy the Big Bear.
Speaker 2: You know yeah, no, I mean it was a big bear. What's the big Bear? It's it's a big tench you were into bears? Ho he I mean look at you look at it.
Speaker 1: What's like, what's the top prize out of David Busters? Now, like is it a PS five? Still you have a game in system? The PS five or switch?
Speaker 2: I think they had.
Speaker 1: That, and then like the Pokemon games would be there and those with like the mid Thods are still higher, and then they'd be like, okay, here is an action figure that's maybe achievable.
Speaker 2: A couple of appliances at the one in Silver Space, like a microwave. Microwave.
Speaker 4: No, because my friend Blake, him and his wife when they used to be the one at White Flint, they would go to that all the time when they you know, when they were you know, dating in a relationship instead of going out partying, and they would go to dm B and just like a date night, some cocktails, get some games and then they won. I think, didn't they won a juicer or they won like two other things. No, there s a lot of money on the.
Speaker 1: For a juicer they could have bought for like one hundred bucks and gold.
Speaker 2: But enjoyment, but enjoy hours of enjoyment together.
Speaker 4: And also too, the one if you grew up in this area, the one at White Flint Slapped. It was huge because it was an old movie theater or it was part of an old movie theater, and it was it was Legit also had pool tables, had golf simulator.
Speaker 2: It was really nice and even.
Speaker 1: Buss a lot more adult oriented, right because you had to be twenty five to get in back in the day.
Speaker 2: You couldn't be just willing nilly whatever. You had to be over twenty five.
Speaker 4: And that Dave Busses, I saw a great I ad a great experience. One night, a bunch of people got pepper sprayed as there because a fight apparently experience. A fight broke out, so the cops rolled up and they started to pepper spray and anybody that walked out.
Speaker 2: So that was fun to watch people getting pepper spray in the face. Well, you know it's always a well have you been pepper sprayed?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: You want to? You want to try it? Kind of you buy that? You can buy that. Yeah, you can buy it. You can definitely buy it. We should put that on prep.
Speaker 4: No, because John's not gonna do it. He's gonna be puss out to it when I'm not here do it. Not getting pepper sprayed in the face.
Speaker 2: Why you don't got contacts in? You're good? It'll mess up my contacts and I can't drive home.
Speaker 4: Take them out. Yeah, we can buy it for thirty bucks. You can get two canisters.
Speaker 2: Do you want to? We We're gonna sek Kristen. Christen has some right now. She always has. She's a pepper spray, taser and a knife always on her. Maybe we should do that, but then we have to buy another pepper spray and we do a roulette. Who gets pepper sprayed? Oh? I kind of want to get tasted. Would you rather be taste or pepper sprayed? I think the tas would take both. You're down the off, dude. Do you think the pain would offset? Oh that they equal out? Yeah, I think the.
Speaker 1: Pepper spray would hurt more because it taste is like that moment and it's done with pepper spray.
Speaker 2: Don't need milk to clean it out of your eyes. I don't know. There's a lot of things you got.
Speaker 4: You gotta use water and milk and you can't run, but you just got to run like water.
Speaker 1: Like if you get pepper sprayed here, like we're all kind of trying to get back home, you know, you take it over home.
Speaker 2: But like that's a whole the whole deal I got. Yeah, well, in the safety of my home. Your wife wouldn't let you do either.
Speaker 1: One, let's be serious, would get into it, and Teddy will have a taste for pepper spray and Teddy dog can't eat pepper spray. Probably kill But speaking of David Busters, uh was the Star Wars pod still there?
Speaker 2: That's my game and there's no tickets, but it's so much enjoyment.
Speaker 1: They had a little pod playing some Star Wars Klo pod.
Speaker 2: The t Rex one or the Jurassic Park is a staple. They also had this. It looked like it was a sniper. Yeah, sniper thing, but they're fixing it. And then the axe throwing Max and his buddy through act guitar hero, No guitar hero. The wooded silver spring isn't it's it's it's manageable. I like it. Instead of Daytona five hundred. It's the Mario Kart. No, it's cruising USA. Okay, yeah, which you can like literally, you don't even have any driving skills.
Speaker 4: You just got to make sure you're ahead of everybody. M hm, because it's just go fast and see what happens. So yeah, well yeah that was a quick fee.
Speaker 2: I wish I had that video, should say to save the video? Well, it's in my insights, is now you never have it? It's never again. It's in here somewhere. But I'm excited.
Speaker 1: This weekend your boy best man brother's wedding is ready to go.
Speaker 2: Do you want to see it? No? I don't want to say. Why not because it's going to make me feeling about my speeches.
Speaker 1: I could show you all the note cards, at least how many note cards you got?
Speaker 2: Six of them? Six of them?
Speaker 1: But like I spaced out so I could read a metaligibility. It's on my normal writing.
Speaker 2: What do you mean is not your normals?
Speaker 1: You said I have tiny handwriting? Yeah, you do have, because this did. I made sure I didn't have lines so I can write bigger on them, because when I have lines, I try to write.
Speaker 2: In the lines. Yeah, you really do have a lot of what I do.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't go to leave Thursday on the Amtrak gonna have fun and not eat an Amtrak hot dog?
Speaker 2: Why not? I don't need that at nine o'clock in the morning. Who doesn't need that?
Speaker 1: And then we're getting our gentlemen's haircuts on Thursday, Friday's rehearsal, Saturday's wedding, Sunday post wedding buffet is.
Speaker 2: What we're doing. Are you BADAYU?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Monday late? So you're really gonna leave me that long?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it happens when you go to a wedding. I remember last time you were at a wedding in Mexico. I think it was the last time. But that wasn't my wedding.
Speaker 2: Wait, how many weddings? I had three weddings last year, my wedding, your wedding, Julian's wedding, and no, no, my last wedding was a year before my wedding. Whose weddings that I have last year? Hmm, ponder maybe make some noise gets the podcast going, Oh my god, Oh my god. Whose wedding was it? Last? Was Julian's the Mexico one? Right? Yeah? Because I had three in one year? Yours Julian Robbs. What? No, Robs is two years before mine? Are you sure you group them all together? Are you sure? Yeah? Rob got married in like twenty two. When did you get married twenty four? No? I think Jay got married in twenty three.
Speaker 1: No, look up Mexico and it'll be like twenty twenty three or whatever for you, buddy.
Speaker 2: I feel like I had all these weddings in one year. Well, you know, time flies when you're having fund Hey, it didn't pull up anything. Mexicano Mexico tequila bottles and Corona bottle. Those tequila bottles gotta be from Mexico. No, they're not, buddy, they're not an Is that where? No? It was? Let them you let them mop that up? Waiting, Hold on, how do you do? How do you do? Uh? Yeah? How do you get?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: I gotta go each locations? Where is it? Where is it? Media type? No? Not favorites not deleted on album? Oh my goodness, how was this so hard? Come on, Eric, you can figure out mino sabe me and no say no map there we go. Map all right, scoochin, alrighty go that way, go that way right right. Well that's Ven, that's not that's Guatemala City, that's El Salvador. That was a Vanessa trip with our Mexico I'm in Mexico. Any photo from it's not showing anything from Yeah, he loved him out of nothing, nothing. What the heck?
Speaker 1: So you didn't take any photos during you're outside of work best friend's wedding.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, my friend, My friends outside of work don't take as many photos as you. You did. You did though, I saw them photos.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: We had your wedding post on Instagram. God, we had three weddings last year. But I'll find it faster than you. I bet you will because you're speed demon on this thing. I gotta go to your instagram. You have the native the native Eric go through all the I don't have any weddings on here. Oh well it wasn't then, No, definitely not that.
Speaker 5: That's when me and Max and his mom went to the dr. That's before the wed See Eric's wedding. Show me potato salad, bro. You know he posted about it. I didn't and didn't.
Speaker 2: I swore you did. Did you take it down?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Why would I take anything down? God to good to know. M Okay, well, well all right, Julian, we have to talk to you about what's going on. He talks our logo to a friend. Okay, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Uh. I just gotta make sure I have my two props and my note cards with me at all times during that wedding.
Speaker 2: Do you have the ring yet?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I don't know a ring bear who is? They have kids being the ring bear. You're supposed to hold the ring though, right, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: What I'm actually doing till a rehearsals, so like during the actual wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blake's wedding, I had the rink because I was the best man. You had it before the wedding. I think they gave it to me that day rehearsal probably is when you got it, and then Edwin gave it to me that raz. Did you give it best man speech for Blake's and Julian's. For Blake's Julian's, yes, they were short, sweet into the mine's like three minutes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mine was literally like glad we're here. Everyone for coming out. We really appreciated. I love hanging out with you guys great times. Because I have too many inappropriate stories of too many friends. I don't want to be mann' I don't want to be that best man and uh I yeah.
Speaker 2: I just was like, this is great, thanks for coming out, Appreciate it, and I have a great time with love it by peace out.
Speaker 4: No, there's too many embarrassing stories that I have with those guys that I don't know what to talk about.
Speaker 2: Bro, who's three weddings that I go to last year? This is gonna drive me crazy. Now at that one wedding that you were invited to but didn't show up. That was tomorrow. That was like ten years ago. No, that was like four years ago. No, it was definitely ten years was outside. I hate weddings. I hate weddings so much. Are you gonna take it out?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yes, you are marking it just in case we feel salty later. I don't feel sulty. I'm a jackass. That's two weddings that I've done that too. Two. The other one tomorrow is years ago.
Speaker 4: He was on New Year's Eve and I was helping my brother set up his house for New Year's Eve party.
Speaker 2: He's always a great jade. Ye. No, this is pre that house.
Speaker 4: And I was his house, his normal house, and I was exhausted and I was like, I'm not coming to your wedding.
Speaker 2: Also, don't do a wedding on New Year's Eve, Like come on, I what do you think?
Speaker 1: I think you can, But it's gotta be just like family. You can't be expecting friends to becoming that wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was an open bar.
Speaker 1: I still unless you had it at a spot like say like we had it at the Gaylord National and they are already we're doing something for.
Speaker 2: New Year's Eve, all the random riff rapid.
Speaker 1: But most weddings are done by like ten o'clock nowadays because like the curve noise, curfews and stuff, so like then you have two hours to do whatever, depending on where you do the wedding, Like my brother has to be done by ten of mine was done by tennish or something like that.
Speaker 2: Do we have an after Yeah, we did have an after yours. Yes it was bar the Bar Louis. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then I oh yeah, then I had to oh yeah, oh well we're going for the afters for my brother's wedding. Yes, it's it's like bullpen levels really on the weekends when no baseball's playing that type of level.
Speaker 2: So we going to see what happens. That's right across the hotel. Baby, oh man, oh baby. Do you find any any of the photos from Mexico? Still? No, Well, while you're doing that, his time was up me good action.
Speaker 1: This is where we read actual Mexicans from Washington, DC that guys like that, or I have a good time. See who's fregure in DC? Maryl over GM and I got themselves. I think it's like why we No, we don't know what it was a time, but go.
Speaker 2: On there finding any photo from Mexico?
Speaker 4: Dude, I don't have any what's going I don't understand this damn app right now, this thing is.
Speaker 2: Driving me nuts. Our first.
Speaker 1: Ooh, our first misconnection. You're the athletic guy Keethersburg. You felt like you weren't getting what you needed from your girl at home, so you'd hit me up on your way home from work. I'd help you out and you'd head on home. It was drama free, easy fun. You're a white gym rat who was very verbal and take charge in your late twenties and early thirties, Ethersburg, a little bit near North Potomac. Yes, Quincy's Orchard Road around there road getting done. This is in Springfield, right by the I ninety five accident to the light skinned female driving the bluest Mazda who kept mouthing words to me. You're very cute. I was trying to catch up to you, but I hit three ninety five and you went the other way. Want to ride one? To ride this pone out in my car?
Speaker 2: But you know something else? Into dooke? Do you all right? Our next one will be package store? Oh I got a package for you. In Nova.
Speaker 1: You helped jump start my car at a package store. Couldn't help, but notice your jumper cables next time? Would you like to jump on me?
Speaker 2: Thank you? In Nova in the Vienna, Vienna area. Oh yeah, there you go. Eric's still looking for the photos. That's why he hasn't run the connection. It's wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, well uh and we'll go next one. Oh do I want to test my Spanish?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay? Last I hate you manassas part. Oh thank god, it's just the headline. Such a beautiful song. We used to chat throughout the day I missed the feeling of excitement and get it to know you. I'm an old man my forties looking for a woman to connect with now, looking to change my situation at yours. Please be local and not crazy. And this is right along the Vre in Manassas, old time Manassas. Yes, you get to pick one.
Speaker 4: Eric broken down truck Saturday May Doorwood, Marlind you were the Latino whose truck broke down. I offered to give you a jumpstar to you and you said your mechanic was on his way. I wanted to help you out with your tool too. You see this, let me know where you broke down, so I know it's you to help.
Speaker 2: You with that tool. Get it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And that does it for a misconnection laps on this podcast. We'll be back next week recapping holl The wedding went.
Speaker 2: And I got to figure out how many weddings I've been to because I don't remember.
Speaker 1: And maybe Eric will finally find a photo from Mexico when he jesus it's right in your WhatsApp for sure.
Speaker 2: Definitely one year old to three weddings. Who's three weddings were?
Speaker 1: There was rock, because the whole thing about my wedding was like, oh, if you had to get a new jacket or something for my wedding, No I didn't. Yeah, maybe it was Rob's wedding you got to get a new jacket. It all blurs together, it really does.
Speaker 4: Man, these are the years that go by. Rob's wedding was in May, right of twenty two, so that's when I probably had Julian's wedding in twenty two.
Speaker 2: Are you sure? Yeah? Was Julian's wedding before that? I have no idea. Oh my god, such a bad you know what. Let's look up.
Speaker 1: I bet we can actually find this if we google Eric out emails and pinpointed when you were gone. I don't use out of inbox. Uh no, but for like, oh I'm gone emails. You know, No, it's not gonna happen. This is is too long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not gonna find it. It's okay, you'll never find me, Jason morning. Well that does it for us on this week's Let's get weird. Like I said, we'll be back next week. But as always, you can follow Eric mister Eric V that's m r r icy KB. You can follow me at Andrew Hoodie with so Why I always remember it's okay to be weird and sexy.
Speaker 5: It got weird, didn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah,