Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to the latest episode of Jeff Jeffson Sorry Adventure. I have a sore throat, so whether I'll be able to maintain this timber till the end of the sentence is anyone's game. But it's looking good. No, no, I got Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gave it a really good shot.
Speaker 3: Thought that just burned out.
Speaker 1: You know what I've been saying that my whole life. To my left kind of it's uh, the captain of the lead raid squad, it's Lucy James Games.
Speaker 2: Wait, hang on, let me have a sip in my coffee. Hi, John, I am delighted to be here. I'm so excited to talk about Zack with you five folks today him.
Speaker 1: And to her right and known as the savior of the Midlands. It's two more.
Speaker 4: Oh. I don't think I can provide that level of energy, but I'm also glad to be here. That's that good.
Speaker 1: But you know what, we can work on it.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to be hell up and I love you guys, and I can't wait to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we want to Now we want to bring it, bring it because.
Speaker 4: Now now we mute myself and work on it.
Speaker 1: Now, Now, what you've done is that you've provided an impossible standard for Jeff to live up to, and we all know that he doesn't have it in them.
Speaker 3: Nothing is impossible if you try hard and raise your voice. As we all know, the true level of authority comes from your diaphragm. Isn't that right? And also, John, I want to wish you specifically a very happy I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be real, that's more you guys thing.
Speaker 3: But okay, this from what I've told, from what I've learned from.
Speaker 1: Irish American Heritage Month or so no one, no one asked me, but none of us.
Speaker 3: I understand being look as someone who is oft confused as an irishman, But really, when I have more hair, you, Tim, what the fuck do you know?
Speaker 4: Fucking white people was trying to be exotic? Just shut up, relaxed.
Speaker 3: Irish doesn't feel exotic to me. Number one. Number two, it's not a stretch for how I present. You know, I I look Irish sometimes it's not present. Was a pinball fan and nothing else? Cool? Well, this is going well. I I think.
Speaker 1: What do you mean what I mean look Irish? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I really want to say I've been I've been looks an entire nation for by no fault of my own, just by living my life and living where I live in America. You know, everyone's like, hey, hey, you happy Saint Patrick's Day. And I'm like, why me specifically, and they go, well, you got like a red beard and you kind of look a little like, you know, a stereotypically Irish. And I'm like, look, I can't help you. I don't know what to say to that. Absolutely in the in the traditional American stereotype of what an Irish person looks like, not in the slightest.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So as the person who looks the most Irish on this podcast, I would like to wish everyone out there a happy Saint Patrick's Day. May all of your parades go well, and you know this and that and whatnot. Take it away John, how.
Speaker 2: You expected to take it away from that?
Speaker 1: John Like, uh, yeah, I don't know just what no notes appropriate, perfect intro, insulted, and just you know that the potato famine, Jeff was it was a very serious thing to a lot of That's not what I'm talking about here, you know, I mean he kind of kind of, you know, kind of is.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite bit of flocking Irish Jeff.
Speaker 4: Me, you're gonna say, what's your favorite bit of a potato?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Probably drop, gig Murphy's all right, flogging Molly.
Speaker 4: You know that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow did you drop when he said, uh, the favorite part of his potato? The there's an infamous, infamous fucking story on the internet, like a scan from a magazine about a couple that doesn't want to have sex, and there's a woman. The woman in the relationship is like, you know, when she gets in the mood but doesn't want to give in to the temptations of the flesh, she reads a book or goes and calms down. And then there's just an incredible line where it says the husband eats a whole potato raw.
Speaker 3: Whenever I want to get onnhorny, I do that.
Speaker 1: Just go pound one out, dude, jesus, a whole potato.
Speaker 3: Well maybe that's code. Maybe eat a whole potatoes code for that.
Speaker 1: So like you want to, you want too, I'll be right back, eat a whole potato. So, guys, I'm watching them. I'm in the middle of watching every installment of the Leprechaun horror series.
Speaker 3: To celebrate.
Speaker 1: In the first one, and she is.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe you. You just sat there and talked about Irish and then immediately followed up by being the most stereotypical thing that you could be.
Speaker 2: Corn.
Speaker 4: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Well okay, okay, so first of all, like leprechauns, that's another American thing. I've never had a conversation with another Irish leprechauns.
Speaker 3: Ever where did that come from? You think? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: It's some like old Celtic like creature. We have way cooler creatures in Ireland than leprecauns. But so I've always been curious about this series, mainly just because I love the horror genre of spooky little guy. You know, you got your critters, you got gremlins, you got your graboids, which is maybe a little maybe a little different langoliers. I like spooky ligolies. I like spooky little mischief makers, and this is kind of a genre of horror that falls into that. And you know what, I will say, it's not really that offensive towards Irish people until the third movie, where the leprechaun develops what I can only describe as vampire likabilities, where if he bites you, you become a leprechaun, and apparently, and so he bites a guy and the guy literally starts going, oh, potato, potato, potato, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa.
Speaker 1: Fucking okay, that's that's not the great.
Speaker 4: Do they shrink as well? No, like full man sized leprechns.
Speaker 1: He's a man sized leprechaun, which is very unsettling size. The titles of each Leprechaun film before we.
Speaker 3: Move on to preserve please Yeah, I was waiting for you to do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Leprechaun. That's ninety featuring Jennifer Aniston.
Speaker 3: What is she? Is she the leprechaun.
Speaker 1: Battling the Leprechaun.
Speaker 4: Where it's like alien aliens lepren leprecorns.
Speaker 1: Said that, Tim, That is my favorite naming convention in horror films, Like that's just make it plural. It's the best anyway. Leprechaun and Leprechaun two. That one doesn't have a subtitle, but you could call it Leprechaun two, Leprechaun in New York. Then uh, Leprechaun three again no subtitle, but you call this one Leprechaun in Las Vegas. Actually, my favorite one Oh, good to know Leprechaun four in space.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah, No, why do they do that?
Speaker 2: Lepreca the one thing we didn't want to happen Spice.
Speaker 3: That's weird, huh, I I do indeed, indeed.
Speaker 4: It doesn't. It doesn't.
Speaker 1: One has no number in the title, but it's simply called Leprechaun in the Hood.
Speaker 4: Oh okay. I was about to say, say the.
Speaker 1: Next one, the next one does not have a title Leprechaun back to the Hood.
Speaker 3: They went back. They went back. They were like, they're like, oh, we have to ride the high that we achieved the first time in the Hood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Leprechaun in the Hood was such a smash that they needed to do it again. We then have the twenty fourteen film, Leprechawn origins, the twenty eighteen film, and I really think this title is a choice. Leprechaun returns.
Speaker 2: Sorry, how many of them are?
Speaker 1: Eight? Lucy?
Speaker 2: When was the last one?
Speaker 1: Twenty eighteen?
Speaker 3: So it's been a minute. They might be done.
Speaker 2: That's much more recent than I expected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they might be done. That's that's almost seven years ago, gone on seven years there. I feel like it might be done there it.
Speaker 2: Was like two years ago. Dude, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta say. Only cool thing about Leprechaun is that's kind of a cool word if we're just looking at like the sound of words, like the espra Khan is a.
Speaker 1: Cool Irish board game convention called lepre Kahn, And I deemed that appropriate. When I think of Leprekun, I think of Wayne's world, when Mike Myers.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, he's like, I'm the lepre Kaan that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: He is a freaky looking little fella. And Warwick Davis does a great job as him.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't know it's work Davis.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Leprechaun series is really important to Aric Davis because it helped him get over the tragic passing of his child child.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought it was his wife.
Speaker 1: I think I think it was a I think it was a miscarriage kind of deal. But yeah, he really and him and Jennifer Aniston fell out because he felt that Jennifer Aniston was ashamed of the first Leprechaan movie because she never talked about it.
Speaker 2: How often are they coming into contact?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna see he's just he's I think he just won an award. I think he just win like a sag like a Sag Award or something.
Speaker 1: But he's he's he's great in the films. He's he does a really good little Leprechaun. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: He seems like a really cool dude Leprecaun.
Speaker 1: If you guys want to watch one of the movies. The first Leprecaun is genuinely like, it's just a fun horror movie. The third one is fucking book Wild. It's so insane. That's the one. In Last Day we're.
Speaker 2: Looking we're looking for some like bad films to watch at the moment. Last night we watched Crave in the Hunter.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that in like a fun way or was it just kind of No?
Speaker 2: It was bad in a boring way.
Speaker 1: It was boring.
Speaker 2: I was sad because I fell asleep during Madam Web when we watched that. But last year Ben and I watched.
Speaker 3: Moon Moonfall, Moonfall.
Speaker 2: Where the moon is falling. But can I John, I'd actually love for you to make a video for it, because do you know the premise of Moonfall, is it that the moon's falling. It's the moon is falling, but it's also that the moon is a hyperstructure, a mega structure.
Speaker 3: Oh come on?
Speaker 2: Uh. And it's so good because it has Sam Tarley from Game of Thrones in it, who pronounces Nasa not one, but two different ways.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the second way Nasa get out of town?
Speaker 2: Yeah, at one point he says Nasa. And my other favorite thing is that because the movie was co financed by like net ease, there are multiple points where they say, thanks to our Chinese friends, we're able to go to the moon. Like it's kind of insane, it's incredible. Also, Oscar Winner halle Berry's in it, and so is Patrick Wilson. Patrick Wilson's to be the only person who is acutely aware that he is in a camp ass movie like this. Oh and he he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Where's Tim Robbins? Where do you go?
Speaker 4: He's in?
Speaker 1: Isn't he in?
Speaker 2: He's in Silo?
Speaker 3: Oh? There he is.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know I was looking for it.
Speaker 2: Well, Silo season one is good. Season one Season two ship.
Speaker 1: I've I checked out a few episodes. We think you should leave and it wasn't really London with me is the kind of thing.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's Tim Robinson. Tim Robbin that's Tim Robinson. I'm talking about the the prestigious Tim Robbins at the actor Redemption.
Speaker 4: You should like.
Speaker 3: I think you should leave. Also, I need you to go back and do your homework. It's very hit or miss, for sure, but the hits are there are good. So I'm gonna need you to watch all three seasons again if you could. Okay, I think the first season is still the best, but two and three have really good ones.
Speaker 2: Jeff, do you didn't because I went to that.
Speaker 3: Life show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've seen some unaired skits.
Speaker 1: Do you guys want to hear a Facebook status update for me from fifteen years ago?
Speaker 3: More than anything, More than anything.
Speaker 1: Sometimes Facebook shows me these. I still use Facebook to like message some people. Oh, oh my god, you will.
Speaker 3: I have a burner for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go an hour and a half into f F thirteen. I would greatly appreciate if the game would start soon.
Speaker 2: Damn got him?
Speaker 1: Man, John Savage, Jesus, Damn John.
Speaker 3: Have you always been this funny?
Speaker 1: Jeff? I would say, But I feel like the evidence is it's right there.
Speaker 3: It's overwhelming, it's overhowling. How old were you back then?
Speaker 1: I'm twenty three.
Speaker 3: That's cool getting on Facebook talking about FF thirteen being a wise ass.
Speaker 2: If I have one for my Facebook memories.
Speaker 4: Mine is usually around watching like latest episodes of TV shows and being like today's episode was good slash bad hey.
Speaker 2: Two years ago? Because it also it also includes your Instagram now two years ago, I was trying to play Diablo for and I couldn't get in.
Speaker 3: That's kind of recent and less interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me go away back, let me go all the way back. Um, see, I guess I never posted store like status's.
Speaker 3: I get it. You didn't have a lot going on. It's okaying.
Speaker 2: Pictures of me going out and enjoying time with my friends, Jeff, something that I know you can never relate to. You definitely have posted because you've You've sent me them, some of them, some of them have deleted. There's one that I always remember and I always enjoy it. Coming up every year is the time that my mom is getting some fitted wardrobes done. And she asked if she could see the bleached ash sample of the wood, but instead she asked him if he could if she could see his bleached ass.
Speaker 1: Speaking of bleached grasses, Griffith lies wounded after after the after the battle with Zod and we encounter are we encounter a group of we'll say, troublesome nobles. We got we got, we got, we got, we got Corcus two point zero, and we also have the little this little eggheaded fella who I'm just gonna say it, trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he seems like trouble. He's just bad virus, bad virus.
Speaker 2: What was Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's little spiders, did he not?
Speaker 1: Here's little his little birds.
Speaker 3: These little birds talk to me and they tell me things about middle Well, what's the place we live in the realm? Realm? We're not just general realm general Westerner's gossip.
Speaker 4: He was mostly just just he was mostly just ratting on people, shagging, wasn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's ragging on people because he didn't.
Speaker 1: Have the B but he also he also had that. He also had that, he had that wizard in the table.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry the.
Speaker 1: US has Like he's like, what do you know the one who mutilated me? And he's talking to whoever he's talking to is like okay, and he's like, would you like to see them? And then he just like lives up the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, American weird I just don't have any Game of Thrones knowledge anymore.
Speaker 4: The way you presented that was was just like joker, like you want to know how I lost this dick.
Speaker 1: That's so sick.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so he's he's a general shitster, this little egghead.
Speaker 1: He does seem to be a professional shitster, like that's kind of what he does.
Speaker 3: What we'll get to the end of the end of the episode. A really shown his colors there, we'll get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we sure will. And that's when our boy Guts shows up and immediately we just get this fucking guy. There's like, okay, look the timecode is three minutes and thirty two seconds into the episode, but yeah, he just immediately makes this face of guts and it's like, oh my god, this fucking dude, let me see.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's what's up face?
Speaker 4: What is that guy?
Speaker 3: What do you are? They like paupers, like what would you call them? They're just like they're like the they're like congress people, like shitty elite congress people, like.
Speaker 1: They all have like they're all from rich families and have places in the king's court, and they wreck them.
Speaker 3: We have superior blood. It's obvious, right, that kind of because that's the voice I'm doing for Brazark's on One Trick Pony, and that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, Jeff's gonna have to ask you to save your Corcus voice for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Here, fair enough, no problem, this is my normal voice.
Speaker 1: And Guts basically stamps on the dude's toe and he's like, kind of stuff you a weenie, and the dude is like, my blade shall have your blood and our boy Guts just just fucking stares. Just give me.
Speaker 3: He's like, what's that, bitch? What did you say?
Speaker 4: Bitch?
Speaker 3: You talking to me? And yeah, it's pretty sick.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty fucking cool. Goods catches up with the rest of the band a hawk outside I guess some kind of like Middle Ages infirmary, and they're all kind of looking at big Gloam. They're all kind of looking looking like a little sad read.
Speaker 2: Up on the history of medicine. You'd be looking glum too, I said it like that.
Speaker 3: You'd be gloom too.
Speaker 2: If you've been to the Welcome Collection and Welcome Collection, I don't think so. A few years ago. I don't know if they still have it. I don't know if it's the standing exhibits. The Welcome Collection is a gallery in London, like a museum in London, and they had all of these devices from the history of medicine, and let's just say there are some spiky looking things to go around, so I would love you know, you know what the coolest thing they had was so they had they had like like a slice of ham but of a person from to toe. I think it was it was so so thin that you could basically like see through and you could see where the lungs were and all the organs and the skin. Yeah, it was cool. And then it was like you know when you put stuff on a microscope, like a piece of glass to go under a microscope, it like it was flat. It was really cool. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: You can got body Works in Las Vegas and you can see the body parts.
Speaker 1: I was actually just in Amsterdam and they had that there as well.
Speaker 4: Work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Michelle's like, I want to see bodies and I'm like, oh, okay, Well.
Speaker 2: The problem with Bodyworks is it's the exhibit itself. It's really old and it's all this really old plastic that's not really been taken care of the best, because when I saw it years ago, there was like bits snapped off and all that. But it was cool that guy used to do autopsies live on TV, Jeff, and that's what we used to watch in the UK.
Speaker 4: They used to show that on like Friday Night, a man doing a live autopsy and like embalming preservation and explaining what he's doing with a live studio audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Speaking of live autopsies, Griffith is being basically swarmed by these nobles who are all kind of like getting behind him and being kind of like, okay, this this guy is the guy, and I want to make sure that I'm at his bedside while he's injured because he can't run away from me. Yep, yep totally. And Guts is like, well, let's just go in, and everyone's like you can't do that. Goods. All the nobles are in there. They get Griffith first basically.
Speaker 3: And yeah, they get to smell him first. You have to wake your turn to smell him.
Speaker 1: And Goots is basically like nah, and just just proves these two guards to be the most ineffective humans possible. He basically trips them up, and when he trips them up, both of them are just like, well I had my chance and just stay down.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of in this yeah, which I enjoy.
Speaker 4: Also, I think the bers universe there's a very noticeable shift in Gutz's demeanor as well, like he's being shitty, Like he's being really like snot nosed to everyone, which is which isn't like what we like. In the last episode, he's still very broody in this episode, he's like, I'm gonna be an asshole to everyone. And I think it does come from, you know, that wounded ego where he got his ass kicked by Nozaratuza and then got like admonished by Kaska. So it feels like his ego has been hurt and now he's just being a bit of a shithead to kind of reassert some of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think maybe there's a sense of it as well, where it's like he senses these nobles closing in on his boy right, Yeah, he doesn't like this boyfriend. Yes, oh, Jeff, come on, there's no like I.
Speaker 3: Want to get in there. There's my my boyfriend, my leaders in there.
Speaker 1: Any boy friend slightly this episode.
Speaker 3: No, you're right, John, I could not agree more, except for the twenty minute gay scene that's about to happen because there is a leaf blowing in the wind gay scene that takes up the majority of this episode, where almost nothing is set except for do you want to do you want to go out? Like for real? For real? I don't know, do you want to go out? For real?
Speaker 1: For real?
Speaker 3: Let's just sit here and stand.
Speaker 2: You know what, we'll get there.
Speaker 4: Let's just sit here and stand.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what they did. They sat down while standing only.
Speaker 2: In We should have sent him the Garfield hates mondays.
Speaker 3: Cut totally yes of that scene because it oh my lord, oh my lord. Anyway, I'm sorry, Joan. Yeah, I've seen nothing, okay, John, Oh yes, very very familiar. Yeah, I know you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't a question.
Speaker 1: That was that's Vandyke Garfield and Berserk is just me?
Speaker 3: That is that is intersecting mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But before it gets can get in, Caska lands the meanest fucking right on him, and our boy goes down, stumbles, his knees are wobbling, He's he's down.
Speaker 3: Yeah's just like Casco.
Speaker 4: What the fuck was that.
Speaker 2: Me too? He just like he just looks he knows what he did.
Speaker 1: Corcus's face here is fucking incredible. I'm gonna looks.
Speaker 3: Like he's melting, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh I I have the episode open and yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Scrubbing through it.
Speaker 1: Yep. It just helps. It's I am really bad at taking notes, and I actually just prefer like looking at it and being like, oh ship, yeah this bit and just again some some real weird drawns of Casket, but some just fucking beautiful drawings of her as well, Like I think she looks so cool in this and that bit with the punch. It's like, I feel like Casket in these early episodes comes across like maybe a little a little like yeah sometimes, but moments like that make like a little goods like you.
Speaker 3: Know, oh sure, like a like a like a sibling kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah she could. She spends a lot of time being angry, guts and complaining when I think like, there's there's a lot more to her than that, but it's like that that side of it we get, but little moments like that I just think characterized her so well.
Speaker 3: I can never understand her pants, Like can I understand if like she's wearing pants or not, or if it's just really high boots. You know, I'm not sure where women can wear pants. Yeah they can, of course they can't. I just don't understand them the way they're Hey, a little bit of calment, a little bit of calm beat tam if you might know. But like that's what I'm saying. Like anyway, it's just an observation about the way she's drawn, that's all. Okay.
Speaker 4: This is also the part where it becomes as obvious as it will be that she's very jealous of Guts.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the next scene, we find Guts just hanging out on some stairs and he's just swinging his sword over and over and yep, and that is when he has encountered Bike Griffith. And this sure is a scene.
Speaker 3: And why is that? Why would you describe it as a scene? Is it because it's forever forever that they It's very long.
Speaker 1: It's a long scene. But I think there's a lot here that is very important to this general relationship and ynamic and sure.
Speaker 2: Things breathed, Jeff, you don't have to have you know, you know, we're not making Bersik for the TikTok generation here.
Speaker 3: This is Oh, they made a meal out of this scene. That's definitely what happened. Uh, you know, it's just a series of like, you know, it's just dudes being dudes. Let's be honest. Like he's like, hey, I gotta ask you something, Griffith, just like, why are you always like putting your life out on the line for me? Like do you need a reason? You need a reason? Like He's like, yeah, I don't know reason, but do you want one? Yeah? I need it. Maybe I guess i'd like a reason while I clutch my gigantic penis sword.
Speaker 4: What a reason?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's they're both yes, a lot of sword clutching. Okay, so let me I'll throw it back to you, John, What do you think is like the one sentence takeaway from this scene on this little landing here in the wind, in the blowing leaves.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think the takeaway from this scene is that there is something about guts that makes Griffith act in a way that he would not normally act, and specifically putting another person over his dream.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 3: But do you do you think they're see I think they've established that already before they see.
Speaker 4: I think they've established that, and I think, sorry, I think this is what I take away is actually the other way around, Like it's it is an interaction where guts the mercenary, who are traditionally avoided committing to anyone or believing in anyone, as a conversation with someone charismatic that he's connected with that that has an impact on him in a way that he fully commits to someone. That's why he has that bit where he's like, you know, my life has been one way, but I'm gonna fight for him. So it's like his he's the person. Cuts is the person that's changing based on what Griffith says, where it's like do I need a reason for this? I just I just want to do it. And I think that's the first time he's had that since ever because he was born you know then it was just Gambino treating him like shit for a really long time being on the run, so you never trusted anyone up until now.
Speaker 1: I think that's pretty I would agree with all that. And that is when the King comes out and he's basically like Griffith, my boy, and it's here you see Griffith kind of he sort of goes right back into like playing the game, playing the noble game, right, He's like trying to appeal to the king, and the king's brother is here, and the king's brother is like Corcus three point zero. This fucking dude is so angry at Griffith all the time. Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: He's all.
Speaker 3: I just I just liked how he was sort of just like standing beside him, and he's like, look, I'm super old, but you make me pretty horny for fighting. I gotta say, no, one's really I haven't had that feeling in twenty years. But when I see you fight, it makes me think I could get back on the horse, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It stoked my fires.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, his furious brother is just completely what's what's the opposite of eyes dilating, ice dilating is when they get big right, sneering?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait, no, no, no, okay. So I don't know how much smut you guys read, but what I don't know, So there's this thing where a lot of like smut and romanticy whatever his ex bloated in popularity in the last couple years. No that it wasn't always big, but like through TikTok and whatever.
Speaker 3: Even like horny, like horny novels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there are.
Speaker 2: Always these phrases that they use, and there's stuff like his jaw tightened and what John is talking about the phrase is his eyes darkened. But they were like, what the fuck does that even mean? What does it even mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what it means. But like you, but I know what.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that this is an audio podcast, but Jeff, can you darken your eyes for me?
Speaker 3: No? Exactly, not at all all, but but as a but as a literary device, I know what it means. It means like blood is flowing, if you catch my meaning.
Speaker 1: So I actually I can show you blood flowing. I agree with Lucy on this one. This is one of those things where like like, this is the kind of thing where you're using words to describe the feeling you want to convey, as opposed to communicating it in a more visual way. So like every lead. Classic example of this is someone being like he jealously turned around, right, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is the issue with a lot of the smart books these days. Like I like people, I haven't they always been like I read all of the court Thorns and Roses.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 2: There was a book that I stopped reading because the this bitch, this girl who is the main character, bit the inside of her cheek six times in one chapter, and I was like, I'm done, Jesus, this bitch has got she's got saws. Okay, it sounds like it hurts. Yeah, she's got ulcers. Now anyway, this is my big pet peeve that we've accidentally started.
Speaker 3: That's what's smutters now.
Speaker 2: And that's why now I'm reading a book about the history of the home.
Speaker 3: Mhm Okay.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of dragons smut as well now in those oh dragons happening in those books.
Speaker 3: I was on a dragon.
Speaker 1: I sent to dinner with some friends recently, and the my friend's wife was very into like spot and stuff, and she was telling me about some of them. And she told me one about dinosaurs and oh really the trecerah tops and bottoms.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, no, I was thinking of a different one. There's a there's some about vegetables that went viral recently.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Yeah, dude, I mean, hey, look all kinds of people out there, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all walks of life and you know, get it where you can find it, as long as you're not hurting anyone, right totally.
Speaker 1: So then I think we've seen her in one or two scenes before, but this is the scene where we're kind of more introduced to Princess Charlotte. Yes, that's just this, the shy, retiring little princess who I don't wanna. I don't wanna, you know, I don't want to speak for the princess, right, but I think might have a little might have a little speak for Griffith here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this sleepy little princess who can barely speak, I guess seems like it seems like she's got the hots for our silver haired boy.
Speaker 4: But they say that she's very like. She doesn't like and doesn't like being around traditionally like military men. She doesn't like it. So she sees Griffithan's like this man is a feather blowing in the winds. I love him.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. And then let's talk about the slowest trip imaginable.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I think maybe maybe maybe maybe the princess was like a trip slowly. Maybe she got some game.
Speaker 2: You know, he's got a lot of she's got a lot of dresses and stuff. Maybe that's slows down, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: It looked slow. But I remember when I was in school one time, my friend falling off his chair and it was the slowest thing I had ever all my life. And I get, I get the various points. I knew I could stand up and stop him from falling. He was going that slow, and I just watched it happen. And at the end he looked at me and went, why did I fall so slowly?
Speaker 1: No, there's nothing. There's nothing like a good slow fall. And like you know what, it'll happen in like several steps where there will be several failed attempts to write one no one.
Speaker 3: Because no one gets hurt in a slow fall. The impact is just too brief, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Never but the damage to one's aura is so high.
Speaker 2: It's like a psychic damage that you carry with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like it's it's like your trade in physical damage for mental damage.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, this clumsy little fuck, let's hear it. What did she do?
Speaker 2: I I'm gonna tell a story about my slow fall.
Speaker 3: Okay, sure.
Speaker 2: I fall. I had a slow fall. That was one of those things that no one saw, so you don't have to even believe me, but it was the most incredible thing that ever happened to me. I kicked a football.
Speaker 3: Because wait, you weren't the one holding it.
Speaker 2: Hey, damn it. I was trying to make that joke myself.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I kicked a football and I kind of kept going with the force of my swing of my foot and the ball bounced off the wall, came back, and my butt landed on the on the ball I was falling, so.
Speaker 4: It didn't get any air. It just went forward and back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was like right next to a little wall.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. Yeah, no one was around to see it.
Speaker 2: And no one was around to see it. If if a girl lands on her ass in the forest and no one's around to see it, she really happened.
Speaker 1: I just find it like, there's she have an anime podcast she can talk about it on because in that case, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Just want to know the backstory of why you're alone just kicking a ball at the wall, because it has very much like.
Speaker 3: Charlie Brown and yeah, no, I mean was it a football football or like a European soccer hall.
Speaker 2: It was a football football.
Speaker 3: That's even a stranger because of the oblong shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In the UK, you would play out every night after school and I was waiting for my friend Colleen to come out, and I was playing.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, her story is air tight. Oh I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just want to know.
Speaker 2: It's a memory. Yeah, yeah, who lived opposite. I'm not going to say her surname, but I still remember it. And she was like the eldest of like five kids, and she loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which I had not really seen at that time. But we used to play outside all the time because I would go to my anti Branda's after school. Lovely.
Speaker 4: Damn Colleen sounds huh, I said, Colleen sounds amazing. Buffy the Vampire Slayer at that age just locked in.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, oh man, I was into Buffy the Vampire Slayer the second that shit came out.
Speaker 2: I was a bit later. Oh, it wasn't there from the.
Speaker 1: Beginning, being like eleven and watching Buffy mind blay.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, the first thing I watched of Buffy was the original movie, and I was like, ah, not great, and then when it showed up again, I was like, I'm all right. I didn't realize it was like, oh damn. But then I watched it and I was like, this is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, it's such a good show. I've been meaning to rewatch forever, much like I rewatched this scene where Griffith catches the princess and immediately corks three point oh fucking backhands the shit out of Griffith. He is not happy about this mercenary putting his hands on the princess?
Speaker 4: What did he want for the fall?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: I don't think he can see.
Speaker 3: He thought he was just groping her. What do you mean come on? Yeah, yeah, he's like, my bad.
Speaker 2: Because he startn't looking for any excuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just hates Griffith so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Griffith is so cool.
Speaker 1: And to goods lying everything. I mean that, I mean we we literally get a scene later that's a bunch of girls being.
Speaker 3: Like, they really don't they don't mince words there, No, they really don't.
Speaker 2: Girls do not. Yeah, I mean it's group, it's teenage girls.
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: And so we then get a scene and it's got the real goods theme playing the real dramatic Oh finally, and look, I'm not saying that the sword isn't a penis. But I just think the scene has multiple meanings.
Speaker 3: M yeah, multiple penis meanings. I mean, it's I'm not even I'm not even exaggerating. I'm not even exaggerating, you guys. My man like tucks that sword back and forth in the most obvious of ways, and he's just pointing it at the moon, being like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, griffits the moon, Jeff, and he wants to reach it.
Speaker 3: Shot for the moon. Yeah, sure, it's it's everything's cool, It's all cool. It's fine, this is yeah, everything's cool.
Speaker 1: Look, you know, we can all agree that there is no symbolism in this shot. Of agree it's holding his sor and thinking of Griffith.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's just sometimes things just are the way they are.
Speaker 2: It's I think you're reading into a bit much.
Speaker 4: It's like I do too. It's like that time I was walking back from trade to Joe's and I had just purchased two melons and I was holding it at chest height and walking down the road and people kept looking at me. It just sometimes it just happens and you don't understand, you know.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's like it's a It's why I don't really enjoy buying toilet paper because every time I come out of the shop, people see me and they're like, oh that girl shit you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, Ever, it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, but Lucy, like, I don't like people seeing this ship. I can't think a way to continue this conversation in a way that I feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed, Okay.
Speaker 2: Minute, we had mood. Men, we had mood. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: That's the best man on him grabbing that handle on that sword man.
Speaker 1: I mean, there is one shot and it's it's so gratuitous.
Speaker 3: Yep, whatever, Let him have his fun right on that rooftop. No one's there with your guts, baby, do do your thing?
Speaker 1: Oh goots. We then cut to is it? But I always forget this guy's name.
Speaker 4: It's no the boss.
Speaker 3: It's like Cabalowitz or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a very weird name. But you're you're conflating Bosconi and doctor Boskonovic.
Speaker 3: His boss. It's the guy he like fights for.
Speaker 4: We've only seen his mouth.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so he's basically there and he knows that the band of Hawk has been sent to uh raid his like stronghold, and he he's like listen, dudes, I've got this great fucking plan. We're gonna put all our strongest soldiers up up front.
Speaker 4: And that goes on for so long.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. What where does castle come from? Seems uh convenient?
Speaker 1: Wait no, hang on, UK. I feel I feel, I feel like we we we go through this every episode. Okay, there's the Midland, which is just a big fucking land full of castles and fields. Okay, full of them.
Speaker 3: But what I'm but what I'm saying is if this is the most penetrable fortress, why is that not impenetrable.
Speaker 1: It's not impenetrable.
Speaker 2: Impenetrable, you said.
Speaker 3: Oh, because I almost said in a craig, yeah, that one. Why not have this one? Just be the one?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What are we doing wasting our time with other stronghold.
Speaker 2: There is based on the UK.
Speaker 1: You know, but there there there is an impenetrable strongholds, but we have not got there yet. This is.
Speaker 3: This is like a mid level ball.
Speaker 4: He's the one that says it's impenetrable, and he's saying it while he's explaining how cool. Then he isn't how good I get.
Speaker 2: The guy who made the Titanic said it was unsinkable. Okay, Like.
Speaker 3: He did say unless you hit an iceberg. He said that specifically. That part never gets quoted, but.
Speaker 2: He did said, unless you hit an iceberg.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, unless something real sharp and icy and burgee hits it, then.
Speaker 1: We have a b sharp and icy and Burgie. I can't think of anything. But if something like that were to exist, yeah, like you know.
Speaker 2: Was another hyperfixation of mine. And yeah, the fact that the water could just go over the blast.
Speaker 3: Doors was why were you obsessed with the Titanic? That's weird because we.
Speaker 2: Grew up in the nineties. You couldn't escape that ship.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, Kate winslet's the Titanic.
Speaker 2: No, But then I became obsessed with the actual ship.
Speaker 1: Did you ever get ever get into the the Alexander mummy ship on the Titanic?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What puting a mummy?
Speaker 1: Yes? This whole fucking weird thing. I won't go into it. It's a big part of the nine to ninety nine game. It's it's it's one of those things I read about it in a video game and I was like, that's so weird and specific. It kind of sounds like there's something to it. And then I looked into it and there was and it was weird. It was really cool.
Speaker 3: Interesting, that's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: What else is kind of cool is that we then see the band of Hawk about to attack this castle and we just get this look right at the end of the episode in Griffith's eyes and it's real, like real like narrow pupils. My dude is fucking locked in his.
Speaker 3: Eyes, his eyes darkened, eyes darken, his eyes darkened.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's a predator before he this prey like like a cat, like locking in on a mouse.
Speaker 1: And oh man, I was thinking about that today, like what what if they did a Leprechaun versus movie?
Speaker 2: What would it be?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, he's a very magical little fella, like he's the closest in powers, is like Freddy Krueger in each dream state. But but that's not what you really want to go for, is it. You don't want to magic users, you want you want Freddy versus Jason. Yeah, so maybe maybe a leprechn versus Michael Myers.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there you go versus ghost face.
Speaker 1: Oh mmmm, yeah I could. I could see that Apricaun doesn't know how many ghost faces there are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, so every time he runs into a room, he trips over a couch and.
Speaker 1: Like, so there's slender Man. There's a sequence in the first Screen movie where it's like forty seconds of ghost Face just getting his ass handed to it, yeah, by by the girl and she's like Judo flipping them and he's like crap, and it's like he's not very good at it.
Speaker 4: It's it's the movie horror movie equivalent of the Heavy Rain Jason falling over a scene where he's like failing every fucking qut and it's just every yeah, it's every time I see ghost Face and like that's the same thing.
Speaker 1: So at the start of this next episode here, Oh, first of all, what did you guys think of Episode seven?
Speaker 3: It was it was a little slow, but I thought it was a okay you know, I just as much as I like to make fun of it, I just I like how this show takes its time. I just do you know. I like White Lotus and everyone says, oh, White Lotus is taking too long to get going. I'm like, you know, what, something something about it I think shows I.
Speaker 1: Just can't wait to watch those three women to kill each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna be fun. They all must die, by the way, they all must die. No, I yeah, I'm just like, uh, I think slow boils are fun sometimes, and this show earns it for sure.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: I think that's the thing where it's like knowing what I know about what's coming. The fact that it is taking the slow approach and not rushing to any of the stuff is very like it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, and I think, like, you know, having experienced this story however many times now, there's a lot in that last episode that I'm just like, oh, okay, I see where we're I see where we're going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's there. Is there is payoff for the pacing y Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know how they do it in the anime, but after reading the manga.
Speaker 1: At the start of this episode, it's kind of interesting. It's like a three minute, like really intricate sequence of basically getting a bunch of horses across the lake.
Speaker 3: Kind of funny looking too, right.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed it, and they like they've built this pulley system so the horses can't run away. De Yeah, you can tell it's interesting. You could. You can tell that this costs a lot of money, because when it pans over the forest, all of that looks like shit, it's just terrible drawings.
Speaker 4: It's like, what the fuck happened here? Like, oh yeah, they use the production budget on the beginning and the end of this episode. Yep.
Speaker 1: And so the band of Hawk gets to the top of the hill and just starts screaming at this castle and our boy. They really do. And at first, at first and the night the night dude in charge of the castle is like, well, time to go out there and fight them in the field, and it's like, what the fuck is wrong with you? First, and the guy's like yeah, yeah, and then it's like, well, I guess we'll just have to go ahead and fight them. And then he's literally like last second he's like, wait, no, let's not do what I just said.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, dude, this guy, this guy, this is a reference for people who have watch Dragon ball Z. This guy has the exact same energy. I missed a Satan and it is so annoying. Both characters are exactly the same, and missus Satan behaves just like this.
Speaker 3: Wait, there's so named mister Satan. That sounds cool.
Speaker 4: Now, he's not really, He's not any in any way demonic or devilish. He's just the man who pretends that he can do fighting and gets his ass kicked constantly.
Speaker 1: He's like the strongest normal human who is not trained by Masteruoshi, which means he's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he lives in a world where basically superhumans are everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: But he's also the person who like ends up taking credit for all the big bad guys being beaten, and so he's like a big celebrity and Goku's kind of like, ow whatever, it's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then, and I think maybe the the infiltration of the back end of the castle here is a little weak where they're just like, hey, could you let us in doors open? I don't see any problem with that, and then Guts just starts murdering people straight away.
Speaker 4: There's also that bit where they there's also a bit where Guts and Griffith are murdering people and then they cross paths and synchronize for a single glance. Lucy, can we get the smart novel description of that glance?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Their eyes locked and Griffith's jaw tightened, They eyeball wheeled his mighty sword.
Speaker 3: They totally have a moment.
Speaker 2: Got to wipe the sweat from his brow. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's just it's just life and death, death and destruction all around them, and they cross paths and they're just.
Speaker 2: Like, so yeah, going back on my psychology degree here, and also most of this stuff was debunked, so you know whatever, but there was we were all taught when we were studying. Attraction is that you are brought together more in instances of high stress. So there's this infamous experiment where they had people on a rickety bridge and more people were kind of attracted to each other if they crossed paths on the rickety bridge than they.
Speaker 3: Did because they think they're gonna die.
Speaker 2: And so that's the thing where it's like I together has has brought them together in such a way. But the thing is, it's like all of these psychology experiments that you were kind of towards when you're studying psychology at like GCSE and a level whatever, even when I was doing my degree, right, it's like, none of that ship happens in real life. No. I mean sometimes, yeah, you might meet someone on a bridge, but you know, it's not.
Speaker 3: How did you two meet we were in a bank getting robbed.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I always thought, growing up, I thought bank robberies were going to be a much bigger deal.
Speaker 3: No, the joke is quicksand the joke is quicksand growing up on cartoons being much less of a problem.
Speaker 4: I feared quicksand brees. I feared quicksand. But I think, deep down I knew my chances of encounter and quicksand were very low. Whereas I went to I saw and went to banks fairly frequently, So I was definitely off the school where I thought bank robberies were going to be a much bigger part of my life.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, Actually this is quite worrying. When I was so I worked in a bunch of law firms when I was a teenager. Right, they would give me the money to take to the bank, like sometimes people were paying cash and I would just go in there with a big fucking envelope of a wadch of cash and take it in. And I was like, I'm gonna get robbed. You get robbed, Z it have to do that.
Speaker 1: I remember being little and like again also being very concerned about quicksands and deciding that I was just never going to go to a country that had quicksands, and that was my solution.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think I was as worried about quicksand because The Princess Bride is my favorite movie, and you know, I just assumed like Wesley would come save me.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 4: There's always a copy of Princess Bride in the quicksand, so there is.
Speaker 2: With those rodents.
Speaker 4: I still haven't seen quicksand in my life, so I think that means something.
Speaker 3: Same never encountered it. So our boys do great in the fighting year.
Speaker 1: They infiltrate the behind the castle, then they swing the front doors open guts and Griffith have their have their little moment of gay longing in the in the battle, and everything's great.
Speaker 4: I just want to point something out the Band of Hawk, right, every time they go into a battle, everyone's like, wow, so clever. They've done the pincer move about eight times now, like every single time they go into any siege, they just use the pincer move and everyone's like, oh, these guys are so clever. It's like someone else do the pincer move, And you think.
Speaker 1: Do you think? Do you think tam, they're slow or.
Speaker 2: Someone else just assumed that the pincer move is coming.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the enemy that like enemy guys are like looking at like the battle on a table and they have like the band of hawk here and they go, okay, so if they're gonna attack us from the front, and then they're also gonna do it from no, I don't I don't know, I don't know. Just just defend the front. Just defend the front like we always do. I can't say they never be they would never be so bold as to try the pincer movement a fourth.
Speaker 4: Time, exact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then but but hey, listen, they're undefeated, you know, forty three forty three. And now from my from my account.
Speaker 1: Get this strange little moment right at the end of the battle where everyone's celebrating, and next thing, Judeau whips out a throwing knife and just mrks some guy across the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, excuse me, what's the context there?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I think that the purposes of this moment is to show that judeou is a cool motherfucker. And I think that's it.
Speaker 3: Because I thought it was like, oh, there was one more bad guy. I thought, I thought that's what they were doing. Was Okay, it's just an odd little detail. I feel like, how do you guys think? Yeah, weird?
Speaker 4: I think it just reinforces competency and also, like, you know, it's another moment that kind of builds the idea of camaraderie and the group being tight knit now and aware of each other. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: So then are the little the kind of crew cut, blonde night guy who's just had his castle taken by the Ganda, by.
Speaker 3: Thelowitz from.
Speaker 1: Sure, he meets the leader of the Purple Rhino Nights, and you get to feel like Kiborlowitz, he's kind of its kind of a chocolehead.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, he's a he's a he's a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this, this Purple Rhino Night he ain't nobody fuck around with. Is the feeling feeling I get from this guy. And he's basically like, get your fucking castle back.
Speaker 2: This is the last time I'm telling you go.
Speaker 3: Get it back. And then I loved how the guards he was with he was talking about like, oh, this raft has been in my family for five hundred years or something, and then they're like, oh, it's five hundred. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you said two fifty yesterday.
Speaker 1: And we then get we basically get the Nighting of Griffith.
Speaker 3: He's becoming a count.
Speaker 1: His a count now, and is it it?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's accounting, do it?
Speaker 1: You guys know what he what? Know what he means him?
Speaker 4: It's just jokes. It's just good to remember that he is a dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. It's gotta bust them out somehow, like the little little dad jokes.
Speaker 3: Someone out there is gonna laugh. And whoever you are, listener, you will be a father to kind of you're my kind of person.
Speaker 1: Another And it's interesting like standing behind the king as Griffith is being made count, is like all these characters who are actually gonna be like pretty important in the next couple episodes. But it's just kind of cool to see them like planted here. I guess, hm, that queen sure has a nasty look on her face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got a bit of the old RBF.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so severe looking.
Speaker 2: Maybe she just maybe she's just not get any lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of very much so very certainly certainly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We then get a Corcus three point zero and he encounters.
Speaker 2: Voice ready to get the voice ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, actually know what we have in our Carcus sections episode, Jeff, could you do? Corcus preparing a meal for the band of Hawk. But he's he's gonna give Guts like very small portions compared to everyone else on casion.
Speaker 3: I've been slaving over this kitchen for four hours, nobody coming in to help me. Whatsoever a problem? What like this? It's not a problem. Oh is this God's portion? Maybe maybe a couple of pubes?
Speaker 4: And oh good Lord?
Speaker 3: Soope, Oh he won't notice. Not my problem. Guts your problem? Now, drink up?
Speaker 1: Okay, Guts enters the tents. Corcus, did you just put pubes in my dinner?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: How'd you talking?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You were, You were talking really loud. I was outside the tent and I heard. I heard you very loud that you put.
Speaker 3: Oh not pubes, cubes, ice cubes. It's too What is an ice cube? Ah, they've I haven't. I've invented them. Have you ever thought water should be hard? That's what I've done, and I've I've made it chili and over time it'll be water again. You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Cube is in my soup?
Speaker 3: It was, and now it's not, and therefore your soup is easier to eat. But how less hot?
Speaker 4: How does that explain the fact that you're not wearing any pants?
Speaker 3: Oh that? Oh? Whenever I cook, I need I need my undercarriage to flow freely in the wind. I'll I'll turn it into a pumpkin. I don't know, don't ask. Don't ask me that you're not supposed to see it. You're not supposed to see a chef in their prime, in the in the working environment. Thank you, Please leave my kitchen.
Speaker 1: Incredible, incredible, beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's true. I've been working on Corcus all weekend. I'm glad I was paying off to stay.
Speaker 2: How's Stacy finding.
Speaker 3: That not a fan, not a fan, does not like it?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, questions.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. I'm I'm protecting her from it for now. I just don't. I honestly think she would like it more than JoJo's, but I have to protect her from it. I don't. I don't you know, I I I think I know too much about where this will go, and I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I will say to this stuff we've kind of we've kind of experienced.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, yeah, I just I don't know if yeah, I don't, I don't she's you know, she's not a big cartoon person.
Speaker 2: I'm not listening, but there was a moment of self recognition.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, come on, we're watching Common Side Effects, which is a cartoon and it's extremely good, and you know, let this maybe be like a sort of ice breaking sorry cue breaking thing right where you know, an onboarding two more sophisticated stuff.
Speaker 1: So these three young maidens are basically like Griffith is so fucking cool and he is so much and they're literally like, I wish I was as beautiful as Griffith, And I mean, who amongst us has taught that at some point he's luscious?
Speaker 3: Hats Yeah, I mean I know why you dye your hair like that, now, John, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I was thinking about this the other day and I think it's one part I like silver haired anime villains and one part of Spike from Buffy. I just think he's a cool dude put on like kind of trench trench coaty kind of thing. The other day and I looked myself in the mirror and I was like, this is like a bad Spike cosplay.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, I think you look great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you should try it.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll give it a think. Okay, So this dude basically calls across the courtyard at these women stop that, like yeah, to.
Speaker 2: Me, leave me alone.
Speaker 1: I'm standing right here hello, and they're just like oh sh sorry loud As Caucus, and then we get the eggheaded Noble once again. And I love this scene because the egg headed Noble just keeps trying to bring him there, and the guy's like, wait, did you say that he's he's protecting the king and then and the Ediquetta guy is like, yes, well you see the thing about the band of Hawk protecting the king and then he's just like that's bullshit, that's bullshit and I won't stand for him. And guy's like, yes, but perhaps there's an opportunity here and he's like, fucking Griffith's he can't get to it.
Speaker 4: It's just sowhelmed.
Speaker 1: This scene is five minutes long of just him being like that's bullshit.
Speaker 4: And the best part of it is when he when egghead Man reveals some like cunning suggestion to him, he does the eye opening thing. But because this idiot doesn't get it. He has to reveal multiple times, and he keeps having to do the eye opening thing.
Speaker 1: He kind of gives it like this, like he keeps one eye close. Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah. He's like, I'm telling you to kill him. What what else do I have to say.
Speaker 1: When I stamped a wrong arrow?
Speaker 4: When I say, what do you think? He mean? Sneaky tid?
Speaker 3: You're dense. I act like you've been here before.
Speaker 2: Dude, come on.
Speaker 1: Like he even gets angry and he like grabs him by the scruff of the shirt and he's like, I hate that this is happening. Why are you telling me this? And then several minutes later, the dude's like, shure would be a shame if a stray, poisonous arrow hit Griffith.
Speaker 4: While he's in the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just stumbled into that.
Speaker 4: And the guy was like, well, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: And then after another several minutes he's like, wait a minute, there is.
Speaker 3: He's an Arrow's Johnny's like, when you say, when you say a straight arrow, I just I want to make sure we're on the same page here. You mean shoot him in the shoot him in the body within arrow? Correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, And that arrow, that's that's where that's That's where I'm lost. Where does the poison go on the arrow?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do I have to buy it?
Speaker 2: How does it go on the feather?
Speaker 3: Do you know an alchemist who who provides the poison?
Speaker 1: Just so clear, it would be us doing this. We're not just hoping it will happen.
Speaker 2: So you know if one of us, if one of us takes the falls with this, we both go down.
Speaker 3: One of us has to do this, right? Is it? You just making sure? I feel like you're the idea.
Speaker 2: Guy, But I'm the I'm the I'm gonna get stuff done guy.
Speaker 4: Now where would I find an arrow?
Speaker 3: Those are the pointy things?
Speaker 1: Oh and the episode I.
Speaker 4: Just want to I just wanted to cut to another scene where he's got the boat and he's trying to put a sword in there and he's like.
Speaker 3: What the yeah, and he's like this isn't working.
Speaker 2: Someone told me it was point I don't know, And.
Speaker 1: That brings this episode again. I would say, not like, you know, it's a little bit of a slow episode. But I really like the slow episode. I think we do a lot of interesting stuff and I think, like, you know, Griffith's momentum going up the noble Ranks is very intriguing and like as that changes his relationship with Guts and Cask. I think they all feel like they're kind of they're kind of losing their boy a little bit. And I don't know, I just I was watching this this morning and just being like, man, I fucking love Bersark so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm enjoying it. I I gotta say, I think, you know, it's so much more linear than JoJo's, Like it's so much more on the rails, Like I can't even be like, I'm I'm surprised by its like competency in narrative competency right like where I'm just like.
Speaker 2: It has been referred to as one of the greatest pieces of fiction of all time.
Speaker 3: All Right, I mean that that's good to hear. I think coming from JoJo's it is like, you know, the most grounding of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I love it is like there's a vampire in Egypt and then forty episodes of high Jinks and then there.
Speaker 2: Is and also just like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the trigonometry that's involved in every like scheme is just you know, you get it's exhausting. It's like when you where this is like, oh, this is building.
Speaker 4: It's like when you write a story as a kid and then carry on rank stories as an adult, and you go back and read your own story when you're a child and you're like, oh, I was just this freestyling here making people fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, Jeff, I'm curious where right now, where is Berserk standing to you in terms of, like, you know, we would watch One Punch Main, We've watched Cowboy Bebop, We've watched JoJo's. How's how's Berserk stuck it up to them?
Speaker 3: I'm very fond of Cowboy Bebop, So I think that holds a very unique and special place for me, you know, Judge, I think JoJo's is like the nice JoJo's is like the regular, like old, you know, reliable anime. I can kind of it's it's the comfort food of anime, you know. Yeah, in many ways, in more ways than one, where I am. I feel like I'm unlocking a new level of awareness and appreciation with Berserk that I've not been able to achieve with the other shows We've watched. One Punch Man. I was it was a great little departure for sure, big fan. Uh, But this is this is on a different level. I will I will say that we.
Speaker 1: Are going places next next time, so very.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 3: They are very good places.
Speaker 1: Okay, loose James, Where can the people find you?
Speaker 2: Hello? You can find me everywhere at least James games watch all the GDC stuff. Depending on when this episode goes out, I'll go back and watch our GDC stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch Block or game Spot and it's what who's saying? Where can the people find you?
Speaker 4: The same? Hatre and everything washing Block. I hope you enjoy it. I want to shout crunch roll again for sending us the blu rays for zuik pick up. Tyler been very very helpful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeff, where can people find you?
Speaker 3: You can find me anywhere, you know on Blue Sky and that's it.
Speaker 4: Where can we find Caucus?
Speaker 3: Well, you could find I'm trying blue Sky out now it's much more normal. The next Finally, place like Jeff.
Speaker 4: Caucus exists is better suited for Yojo for some reason, what no.
Speaker 2: As many voices?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry? What was that, Lucy?
Speaker 2: We haven't had this many? Like, I don't know, We've got Caucuses recurring character in every episode of our podcasts, Like why have we not had that kind of thing?
Speaker 3: Before like, well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Chefs just reached a level of proficiency with anime that he's unlocked to new ability.
Speaker 2: He's just like, by the time we do next season of this, Jeff will be in anime. Can we make that? Can we make that a thing where it's like we have to get Jeff in an anime?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's just I'm getting flustered just thinking about it. I can't handle it. It's too much. It's too many cool words and a phrase.
Speaker 4: There, John, can people find you.
Speaker 1: Can sert Roy patch Wolf, and I'll most likely show up. People want to offer a little prayer that w W stop fucking me around, and I can release this two and a half a video that would be wonderful.
Speaker 3: If only we had someone on the inside there.
Speaker 4: We don't know. We don't anymore.
Speaker 3: We don't I'm saying, I know I'm doing serious. We used to, and we don't anymore. That's the predicament.
Speaker 2: The way you said that, it sounded like you do something on the inside.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, Jeff, thank you for those free moments of false hope. We'll see you guys next time.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm here for. Bye.
Speaker 4: Bye Bye.
Speaker 3: Jeff. Jeff's Bizarre Adventure is hosted by timur Hussein, Lucy James, John, Super Eye, Patch, Wolf Walsh, and me Jeff Backlar. Our post producer and editor is Jean Luke Sepke. Our logo is designed by Justin Vashon and Jesse O'Brien. Thanks so much for listening, Animy