Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family. Let's not play one on Tom. Let's wind it.
Speaker 3: I love writing me these guys after the show, just thank you.
Speaker 4: Give me are your attention, your fire and not a pisson.
Speaker 5: This is world champion, Dodgers, world championing for a small soft time.
Speaker 6: They get a people what they want to die to arow two is special.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache.
Speaker 7: One of a con.
Speaker 8: This ball's gone. You ready to go? Hell time to.
Speaker 5: The sound grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 8: And go to the show.
Speaker 5: And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Bassey.
Speaker 7: What a game, what a homestand this has been really exciting. The Dodgers get the win tonight, six to five in ten innings over the Mets, thanks to Freddie Freeman's walk off, and some thanks to Brandon Nimo because he really misplayed that ball and it could have been a lot different story if he was able to play it.
Speaker 8: The way he normally would.
Speaker 7: But nonetheless, the Dodgers will take it as they beat the Mets six to five in ten innings. Tanner Scott with the win. He was big. He got through the teeth of the Mets lineup, including Soto and Alonso, in the top of the tenth inning to give Freddie Freeman and the Dodger offense that chance to win it in the bottom of the tenth inning. A very different story than just twenty four hours ago, as Tanner Scott gave up the go ahead runs in the tenth inning and the Dodgers lost to the Mets last night in extra innings. But the Dodgers fought back. And I have said this all season long, and it's becoming very apparent, and you know, not really breaking news here, but this is the best offense in baseball.
Speaker 8: And when they're at home and you get.
Speaker 7: Give them an opportunity to come back with the last at bad of the game, there's a very good chance they're going to deliver. And if they don't, I'll say I've said it before, I'll say it again. You survive the Dodgers more than you beat the Dodgers. But the Mets are a very good team. I would say the Mets and Phillies are the two best teams the Dodgers have played so far this season. I said this last night, and I think we can all agree on this. Yeah, the Yankees have the best record in the American League, but the American League is not very good. And that was apparent because the Mets are a much better team than what the Yankees are, and the Dodgers have really had to fight in the first two games of this series to even have a chance to win the games. And so far the Dodgers have been able to hang in there with one of the best pitching staffs in all a Major League Baseball. They scored five runs off of Tyler McGill out a long beach, but then after they scored those four runs in the first inning.
Speaker 8: Tyler McGill.
Speaker 7: Was able to settle in and mix in his off speed pitches rather than just going heavy fastball, and retired sixteen of the last seventeen batters that he faced. And it reminded me of Tony Gonsolin last Friday night against the Yankees. Gives up four home runs in the first three innings, but hung in there and retired the last nine in a row that he faced to give the Dodgers that opportunity to come back against Max Freed, and that's kind of what Tyler McGill did for the Mets tonight, as they were able to take the lead in the fifth inning thanks to a ground ball that Max Monsey will tell you he should field and the Dodgers would have been out of that inning Instead, it opened the door for the Mets to take the lead four to three. It was Munthsey's ninth era of the season, and certainly nobody felt better and more relief than Max Munsey when he hit his second home run of the game to tie the score in the ninth inning off of Huascar Brazuban, who is trying to close the game because Edwin Diaz had been used in three the last four so the Mets could not go to him again tonight to close the game. Ryan Stanek was not available either. He had been used quite a bit as well, so the Mets bullpen was a little thin, and certainly the Dodgers were in a great position the longer this game went, especially after Munsey tied the game off of Brazabon in the bottom of the ninth inning. Eight six, six, nine seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 8: Let's head downstairs.
Speaker 7: Right now to the Dodger club House to hear from the World Series MVP and tonight's hero Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, honestly, everyone was a big win, but after the last couple of games, it's it's nice to get back on the winning of the quiz.
Speaker 8: The credit to Ben.
Speaker 9: That was a huge outing coming in for Kursh and then obviously Max, we wouldn't be in this situation with that.
Speaker 8: What were you seeing there from Botel in the game.
Speaker 9: I was just trying to get something up and hopefully hit the ball in the air. Just the main thing was just not ground to a double play, just in case so we can give Taylor a chance if I flew out or something like that. So I'm just trying to get something up and get in the air. You just kind of start reading demo, kind of struggling to find it as you're round on the basest, to be honest, but I was just kind of running and hoping it went out because I knew I hit it high and over there. But I think once you know that, I think we all know what the dudes on the mats of the dugouts. You know it's gonna be hard to hit one out. But I'm just glad to I was able to fall.
Speaker 1: For you guys line up with you have Max kind of finding the power, that kind of highest.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I think Max has been doing this for about a month now, right, He's he's been looking like Max again. So to have him and Andy down there too, and I mean our lineup is pretty deep already, and you have the guys down there and hay Sung down at the bottom and create havoc down there too. So I think it's just a lot of good things that can happen in the game. We started putting it together lest year.
Speaker 8: That's what Freddy Freeman wants to do.
Speaker 7: He actually told me before the game today, I want to start hitting fly balls again to the opposite field, to left field.
Speaker 8: Well he did it, and that was a big hit.
Speaker 7: And look, when Freddy Freeman came to the plate in that situation against who Jose Budo, you felt pretty confident he could get a base hit to score Tommy Edmond from second base. But that ball that Freddie Freeman hit, you know, he just said it. There's been some do and it's been a lot of marine layer laid in the game here at night the last two nights here at Dodgers Stadium, so the ball's not flying the way it would or the way it was even just on the last homestand so last night a lot of balls died late in the game. Sho Hao Tani had to hit a ball one hundred and thirteen miles an hour to get it out, And that's part of what happened there in the tenth inning where Freddie Freeman thought he hit it out, but it turned out to be a walkoff double hitting the warning track at the base of the left field wall. I would say, if you watch that replay, nine out of ten left fielders, nine out of ten times Brandon Nimo probably catches that fly ball. And it's a much different game because Tommy Edmond tags he's at third base with two outs.
Speaker 8: Who knows what happens from there.
Speaker 7: But that was a ball that brandon Nimo got turned around and he just did not know which way to turn, and it was very unusual to see in that situation. And brandon Nimo was outside of the Mets clubhouse just moments ago on SNY and spoke to the media about just what was happening there on that Freddie Freeman walk off double?
Speaker 2: Brandon?
Speaker 10: What happened on that fly ball?
Speaker 1: We were played in to try and be able to throw out? Say, you got a base hit, and as soon as you hit it on you, I said, well, put my head down to get back towards the fence. When I put it went over the left shoulder. When I looked looked up, it was still over the left shoulder, And uh, I guess now, am I right? When I was looking over and then I checked the wall real quick and put my eyes back up, and then and moved to the other shoulder. So by that time there's not enough time to recover. So I acted a little bit differently than than what I'm used to. But sometimes that happens in the game. So it was unfortunate. I would have loved and made that play. I have two outs and you know, a chance to get out of there and and go and try again. But you know, unfortunately sometimes that happened. Sometimes the ball doesn't doesn't go the way you think you're not used to, even just the way it was taking it when I looked. When I looked back, it was still over this shoulder. And in the time that I went and I and I took a small glance at the fence to kind of just check where I was, and back it had already gone quite like quite a bit over that way, So that means it had some pretty good side spin, which I know Freddy's balls do that, but I was not obviously prepared for how much that one went at the end. Normally it's it's a more gradual kind of slice for a lefty. That one happened pretty pretty sharply, pretty quickly. So, like I said, by the time I saw it again, it wasn't wasn't there, and it was over the other shoulder, and it was quite a bit away from me. I was probably fifteen feet on the other side of me, so I didn't have enough time to put the foot in the ground and make up the play.
Speaker 7: All right, there's Brandon Nimo on s n Y explaining just what happened there and how he got so turned around and upside down on that walk off double by Freddie Freeman, who obviously puts a lot of English on the ball and he hits it the other way, and certainly that's just part of it, right, And that's what makes Freddy so great, and that's why obviously that's his game plan to hit it that way, and certainly that's textbook Freddie Freeman, and he delivers a six to five win for the Dodgers in ten innings. Eight six, six, nine, seven two five. Seventy is the phone number. We're having some trouble with our phone lines right now, so keep trying. We'll get you in. But we got to get to Tanner Scott right. Tanner Scott has struggled recently in his last seven appearances coming into the game tonight, He's given up as many earn runs already as he did all of last season. But he came up big for the Dodgers tonight in the tenth inning, and I loved that Dave Roberts brought him back out there because he really didn't have any other options after using Vesia and Banda and Casparius, he had to bring in Tanner Scott with the place runner at second base. Tanner Scott was able to strike out Juan Soto, He was able to strike out Pete Alonzo and then got Brandon Nimo to ground out to in the inning. Let's head downstairs to hear from Tanner Scott Tonight's winning picture on sports Net la.
Speaker 8: What's the difference tonight?
Speaker 9: Just kind of using better location on the fastball to set up the slider.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I mean me, Connor, Bardo and Mark did a deep dive and definitely had to clean some things up and it was a process and still I mean tomorrow's new day and go back.
Speaker 8: Right to it.
Speaker 1: We see this week.
Speaker 8: If you guys like what that uh?
Speaker 11: I was flying open lower half leading to upper half and everything was popping out a little early and not staying through a pitch and it was leading to locations being terrible.
Speaker 9: Is that the stuff that you like you working through and catch relate?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: For sure, like it like you kind of to keep working for.
Speaker 11: I mean it's something that you keep working through. I mean, tomorrow's a new game of catch and just go right back to keep.
Speaker 9: They say as a pitcher or reliever, when you have a bad out and you want to come right back the next night, Is that how you felt.
Speaker 11: Dred percent? I mean, I mean I always want to be there and do well. I mean our team's pretty good and I always want to be out there and it's my job to get out and I'm gonna keep trying.
Speaker 6: To Probably been doing this a long time.
Speaker 9: But like does the night like tonight just do a lot of confidence.
Speaker 1: Why it is just able to bounce back to me, it's kinds some stuff.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, but tomorrow's a new today and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 7: There's Tanner Scott on sports Net LA coming up big for the Dodgers and the tenth inning going through the teeth of the Mets lineup. I still felt like there was the pitch that he struck out Soto on where he uh, Sodo just missed it. It was an eighty eight slider in the big part of the plate and he just missed it. I mean, flat out swung and missed it. That's a pitch that Sodo should have hit. So for me, it got better for Tanner Scott tonight. But he is still leaving pitches in the big part of the plate and hopefully that changes. But certainly it was big for him to get Wan Soto and Alonso striking them out and then being able to get Brandon Nimo to ground out as well. Eight six, six, seven, two five seventy is the phone number the Dodgers beat them at six to five tonight in ten innings. Coming up in the bottom of the hour, we'll hear from Jose Mota. Plus we'll hear from Clayton Kershaw coming up here in the show. And I had a chance to catch up with Tyler glass Now before the game. Yes, Tyler glass Now, who also is very encouraged about where he's at. I know yesterday Dave Roberts talked about him having a setback. Glass Now completely shut down that notion and said, I just had a little soreness in my back and I'm back to getting close to throwing off the mound. So you'll hear from glass Now in a moment. But as far as tonight's game goes, and really the first two games of this series, you can't ask for anything more. This was playoff like baseball, and it's been playoff like baseball all homestand long. With the two teams the Dodgers faced in the postseason last year, beating the Yankees in the World Series, seeing them beating them two out of three, and then welcoming in the much improved Mets, who they beat in six games in the NLCS. And tonight was a big crowd sellout crowd of fifty three, four hundred and twenty four. This was playoff like atmosphere, and it was playoff like baseball. Both these teams certainly brought their a games and it's a good measuring stick. And let's not forget the Dodgers lost two out of three in New York and they already have lost despite sweeping the Cubs in Tokyo, the Dodgers lost the season series to the Cubs. Now, I'm not buying that the Dodgers are going to have a worse record than the Cubs or even be tied with the Cubs, but the reality is the Dodgers aren't a much better division than the Cubs, so that equals itself out. So when you're talking about October in June, if you care about October that much, you should care about tie breakers for home field advantage, and the Dodgers don't have it against the Cubs, and they need to win the next two games to have it over the Mets. So tonight was a big game in that respect, and I would say there's a greater chance at the Dodgers and Mets end up with the same record, and you would love to have the tiebreaker in that type of situation. And we saw last year how big home field advantage was for the Dodgers, and you don't just want to discard that, especially with this offense.
Speaker 8: You give this.
Speaker 7: Offense the last at bat of the game in a one or two run type of deficit situation, that's a huge difference in swing than being the visiting team. So that's why home field advantage is so important for the Dodgers. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Mets tonight six to five in ten innings. As far as Kershaw goes tonight, look, he's you know, he had him pitched in almost a year. He's diminished from what he was even two years ago, and he just battles. He just competes. That's what's getting him through this. And his smarts and his intelligence and understanding and being able to read swings now smarting the opposing hitters. That's how he's getting through this. Tonight was one of those extremes where he didn't have his curveball, which is really tough when he doesn't have his curveball and he's throwing eighty eight eighty nine, and compound that with the feel for the slider was in and out tonight. So I don't even know how he got through four and two thirds innings and hung in there for as long as he did. I know Dave Roberts was talking about counting outs and trying to manage the bullpen. I completely understand that. But I was a little surprised with Casparius up in the bullpen that after Kershaw was able to escape getting Sodo in the fifth inning with a four to three lead, that he didn't go to Casparius right there against Alonso. But he obviously understands the big picture of not only tonight, but the rest of this week, the rest of this stretch for the Dodgers. But Casparius was up anyway, and he was in there and was very, very economical. And Casparius now, in his last five appearances eight and two thirds innings, he has not allowed to run. He has thirteen strikeouts, two walks, and has allowed just one hit. Where would the Dodgers be without Jack Dryer and Ben Casparius this year? They absolutely have been the MVPs of this Dodger bullpen so far. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs, right now to the Dodger Clubhouse to hear from Clayton Kershaw on Sportsnet LA.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just didn't make enough good pitches. You know, I got ahead of some guys, gave us some two strike hits, walk guys, gave some hard hit balls. So you know, overall, not a not a great day. But you know, the team team played great, bailed me out. Got a big win there, you know, Freddie with the big knock months with two homers, so that was that was great to see. You know, we've been lost a couple in a row, so it's nice to get that win today. But yeah, just just need to pitch better. You kind of play a lot start.
Speaker 11: You're getting a bitterer idea of how you're gonna get to like where you want to get to.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think so. I mean I it's kind of in and out for me.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: I think like I'll go on a stretch of making like ten or eleven good pitches in a row and then just you know, make enough bad ones to make you know, get some damage done with this spa. So I just need to put it together for a whole game. Figure out how to do that wish. I think I can do and we'll do just better be soon.
Speaker 9: You know, at this point, are you kind of able to differentiate people?
Speaker 6: I mean, you know kind of the right.
Speaker 9: I mean, you have pitched in a while, you are coming on you know, surgery and stuff.
Speaker 10: You know, it's kind of the rustiness so to speak, and just kind of where you are at, like thirty seven years old. Yeah, I mean physically I feel great. I don't feel old, you know, I feel my arm feels good. So I don't think that there's no there's not really any excuses, you know, it's just just pitch better, pitch like you're capable of. I think the stuff's there. I think the stuf's there to get people out. It's just need to be more consistent for sure.
Speaker 9: Those like tug strike at bats that you can finish off, like where the execution.
Speaker 3: Of the pitch is kind of where you're looking for, Like how do you kind.
Speaker 10: Of I think if it was, it would have ended the bat, you know, so I haven't looked at it again. You know. I felt like, you know, especially you know that first inning to Alonzo. You know, I felt like I made some good sliders. He just I mean, he's a good hit or too. You know, Mide filed off and filed off some tough, good sliders. I thought, so I'll look at it tomorrow a little bit kind of, but you know, I definitely the curve ball tonight wasn't good, so I need to get that going. Can't just be a two pitch guy out there, So definitely need to throw my curveball butter for sure.
Speaker 8: All right, there's Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 7: Obviously the guy understands himself better than anybody, and he said it himself. He didn't have his curveball tonight and was able to hang in there for four and two thirds innings. Jan Sodo hit a two run home run off a Kershaw in the third inning, and when Kershaw was facing Sodo in the fifth inning with the game on the line at that point in time, I know he was able to get Sodo out in that third in that fifth inning, but he hung a curveball that Sodo missed in that fifth inning instead, he popped it up to Mookie Betts in the fifth for the second out of that inning. But that was another pitch that want Soto missed. He missed a couple with the game on the line and the Dodgers are very happy that Wan Sodo is not hitting on all cylinders just yet. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Mets in ten innings tonight, six to five. Let's go out to Abby, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 8: Abby, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 12: Hey Dave, So I talk to you on Sunday.
Speaker 6: And I'm so happy today. I mean parents, Scott made me believe, I gotta tell you, and benk experience is the rookie of the year, and Vonda even made me believe.
Speaker 12: So there you go. I have absolutely no doubt that Kershaw will get it together, Mookie will get it together. Was so great to see him back tonight. And you know, Freddy's freaking freeman.
Speaker 6: Love that guy.
Speaker 7: I love it too. Freddie freaking freeman. That's a good way to put it. Used to be Aaron freaking Boone. I think New York is saying, uh, Freddy freaking freeman because he crushes their teeth.
Speaker 8: What's that, Nicholas de Toros, Freddy freaking freeman out?
Speaker 7: Well, none of the New York teams can, that's for sure. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, we'll check in with Jose Mota. You'll hear from Tyler Glass.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: I spoke to Kirby Yates. I got an update on him as well. So the reinforcements are coming for this Dodger bullpen. They hang in there and they were a big part of tonight's win as the Dodgers come from behind and beat the Men six to five in ten innings on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: He theming off second held on by the shortstop Lindor pitch.
Speaker 7: Swyna hit day to laft back those Nemo still going back. This ball ahead off the wall around paradise.
Speaker 8: I've been the Dodgers are gonna win it. Freddie Freeman will have walked off Tuddle and the.
Speaker 7: Dodgers win it six to five and ten innings, fifth time this year the Dodgers have walked.
Speaker 8: Off and Freddie Freeman. That came winning hit.
Speaker 7: Freddy Freeman the best hitter in the National League. That's what the batting average says. He delivered again with two doubles, none bigger than that one in the tenth inning to walk the Dodgers off to a six to five victory over the Mets in ten innings. David Vasse live at Dodgers Stadium. This is Dodger Talk. We are still having some issues with the phone line, so we may not be able to get to your calls tonight, but certainly an exciting win for the Dodgers as they come from behind for the twentieth time this season. That's the most comeback wins by any team in baseball this year.
Speaker 8: It was their fifth walk off vic of the season.
Speaker 7: That's the second most only to the Giants, who have walked off six times this season. Daniel Steelers presents the home Run Forecast. Go to AM five seventy lasports dot com use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Steeler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniel s Jewelers Own the Dream. You also hope that big picture wise, what took place in the tenth inning, top of the tenth thinning is the start of good things for Tanner Scott, because obviously he has not pitched well the last eight or nine appearances, including last night giving up two runs in the top of the tenth inning as the Mets beat the Dodgers in ten last night. But tonight, you know, he was able to keep his composure and be able to get the teeth of the Mets lineup, striking out Soto Alonso and getting Nimo to ground out to end the top of the tenth thinning with that placed runner at second base. So hopefully this is a big confidence booster to Tanner Scott. I know he could talk about, you know, pitching mechanics and all that stuff, and I'm sure that's part of the equation, but confidence is equally as important as all that. So hopefully his confidence goes up from here and he got results against the teeth of the Mets lineup, and it certainly worked out for him. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number before we check in with Jose Mota. I just want to give you an update on a key starting pitcher for the Dodgers, Tyler glass Now, who's been out now for weeks and not really sure when he's going to return. Dave Roberts said yesterday he had some setback with some soreness and it was his back. He felt something in his back, but it was very minor. When we spoke to him today, he's throwing from one hundred feet on flat round. He's gonna throw a bullpen session over the weekend, and he is very eager to return, which is a great sign. And we had a chance to talk to glass Now before today's game, and here's what he said as far as his update and why he's on the il.
Speaker 3: To begin with, I think it's like the spine angle stuff, and like my stride was really straight and I would just I would never laying closed. I was just opening up, so I would just put a lot of stress on my shoulder, and like v Low was down, stuff wasn't good. Command was really bad. And when it clicked like anything, it was fine, but it was just every time I wasn't on track, I didn't really know how to fix it because it was just so new. But it was just everything was just I was just late on everything. I think that's a pictures Like that's every picture's issue in their delivery, like landing later, not being on time, and I think it was just more late than I'm generally used to. Like it would be a great long term fix, but I just don't think I was like doing it correctly. But I think like the addressments now and like kind of trusting my natural throw, it just seems to be on time a lot more and there's just not so much stress.
Speaker 7: Or were you at a point where you would be at the beginning of spring training?
Speaker 8: Is it that type of six week build up?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 8: I hope not.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 3: I really don't know, but like Velo's good and like recovery has been really good, and like I've been on the mound, I'm going on and on this week, so I'm just taking it bullpen by bullpen and just see what it is. Hopefully I can face hit her soon and I'm trying to get out there soon, but not I mean, I have to be healthy. I want to be here for playoffs. So it's like listening to them and just trying to figure it all out, but like just coming back as soon as I can in a healthy way to help the team in the playoffs is my goal.
Speaker 7: That's encouraging. Tyler Glass now is motivated to come back. He said that he's getting closer to not only throwing a bullpen session, but also facing hitters. And look, there's a balance. I understand the Dodgers want to be careful with Snell and Glass now, but you can't expect these guys to come back in August and be in rhythm for the postseason. You got to give them, if they're able to healthy enough, which I believe they're going to be, you got to give them a rhythm to the season to ramp up so they can.
Speaker 8: Be peaking in October.
Speaker 7: You can't expect these guys to come back in August and all of a sudden perform at their peak level in October. If it's if they're able to come back sooner. So I think that's where both those guys are at as well. Also in the immediate near future, the Dodgers are going to get some reinforcements in a big way to their bullpen. Michael Kopek is expected to be activated this weekend at the latest, according to Dave Roberts and also Kirby Yates, he's going to throw to hitters tomorrow and if all goes well, he should return at some point on this upcoming road trip. So the Dodgers are getting guys back, and like I said last night, I really believe that when they return home, and even by the time they get to San Diego after the weekend series in Saint Louis, their bullpen's going to look a lot better and a lot deeper than where it's been recently, and that certainly will be a boost. And not only the guys that are coming back, but also the guys that have been put in high leverage situations on a regular basis. Eight six, six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's get back to this game and check in with Jose Mota.
Speaker 4: It's tough to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 7: Jose Mota joins us after the Dodgers come from behind and beat the Mets tonight six to five in ten innings.
Speaker 8: Where do we start, Jose?
Speaker 7: Why don't we start with Max Munsey, who hit two home runs tonight but felt awful about his error in the fifth inning, but he redeemed himself with that game tying home run.
Speaker 2: I mean, what a win of emotions for a guy like Max Monsey throughout the season with the defensive struggles, the ball finding him his situations that have become key in Dodgers games lately, and then Max Monthsey finding his stry with a bat. I mean, you know any anybody who's been in that situation, And obviously, if we play the game, you business as situation. You know that when you falter with your glove, you want one chance or two to redeem yourself with a bat. And for Max Munsey, I'm so glad that he made a nice adjustment against Brazawan and got the sinker up connected very well control, swing, deep, deep contact by the way for Max Munsey. But you got to feel good about a guy that cares so much, and Dave, you get you know a lot of emotions out of Max Munsey, and you know very well how much it hurts him when he doesn't play well, when he doesn't defend well, and what a relief it is when he's able to go out and do something with a bath to make up for it.
Speaker 7: Jose Freddie Freeman, what an incredible player, one of the best of this generation. What did you see on that walk off double? Am I being a little bit too hard on Brandon Nimo? I mean he was really turned around. That looked like a ball that should have been caught.
Speaker 2: He said it should have been caught. And now hearing Nimo explain it, I mean he was absolutely just turned around and also talking, you know, hearing you talk about Freddy's swinging. Freddy's a guy that does not take away the outer half and just leaves it alone. He takes the outer half and does what he needs to do with it. In other words, he's not a guy with you know, the long arms. He's gonna have the outer half and just try to pull the ball. So with his swing, because he repeats it so often, Daves, he is able to create so much spin, not just backspin, but that slide that guys that play left field and that are guys that throw with the right hand have a tougher time catching the ball because if you're a guy that catches the ball with the left side with the right hand right you're a lefty thrower that slides is going to play a little bit better into your glove. But when you're right here to field the man, it is so tough to get a read the balls in the air and you go, Okay, he's got backsmen, so it's going to go back. And then the side effect is just the one that gets you there. But I don't think them will have an explanation about it. It's just the fact that when Freddie hits the ball that way with authority, you just never know what the ball is going to do, and it happens in the enfield. Look at how many balls Freddy Freeman has threw the box in Rice center field. They turned the doubles on the ground because he has the effect of ball getting away from the second basement because of the swing consistency. And it's something you can't teach, but if you practice it, well, let me tell you become not as good as Freddy Freeman, but you're gonna give yourself a lot of chances on guys missing balls Likenimo did tonight, and.
Speaker 7: To have that opportunity, Tanner Scott needed to deliver, and for the first time in what eight appearances, Tanner Scott did deliver. I know we talk about mechanics and all the pitching inside stuff, but how big of a confidence booster is that for Tanner Scott not only to give the Dodgers that opportunity by getting the Mets out in order, but the guys that he got out, Sodo, Alonso and Nimmo.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can't put a price on it. I mean there, you can't put a price on the tag on what he accomplished today to go through that part of the order to snap nap slider. He missing a couple up in the zone. But let me tell you something too that you were talking about this. When you come in into a game like this and guy like Soda sees that snapping slider that he's really going out there and ripping, then your swing has to change too. And you're thinking about catching up with a pitch that you saw break, you know, six inches more than you thought it was going to you know break, And before you know it, you catch yourself almost him like a backup slider, which is the worst pitch you can calculate because you don't know where I was going to go. So all that is a result of really driving through his legs, but getting on top of the ball. Number One, pitching with conviction, with confidence, and being able to finish off and double up and triple up on that slider. But there's no doubt he needed this. The Dodgers needed to see this, the Dodgers fans needed to see this because he is a valuable piece, and hopefully we're talking about just not being stubborn and staying where you're at. You got to make adjustments every year as you become successful, because the league makes adjustments. And I'm glad that you guys like Mark Pryor and Ken McGinnis in his ear to continue on doing it.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers come from behind and win this game six to five Jose and ten innings, but they came very close to losing this game. And I thought a key inning for the Dodgers was the eighth inning against one of the better Mets relievers in Reid Garrett. They got him early, so they had second and third and nobody out, and they didn't score a run because he was able to get back on track. But I really believe that the Dodgers could have tied this game in the eighth inning if Shoe a Otani gets a better read on that ball that Mookie Bets hit that was in no man's land. He was dancing halfway to second base and he could have scored on the wild pitch that got runners to second and third. What was going on with the reed there from Otani and of.
Speaker 2: The bat Molkie bets he's watching guyans centerfield name Tyrone taylorho seems to make every single play against the Dodgers and city feeling here and he went o very well. Also, then that we're an offense is not really clicking. You're more cautious. I'm making misticks on the bases, and yeah, I mean if he gets read, if he knows where the fields point, maybe he gets a third base. But in that case, I really have no issues on him playets safe right there, especially knowing that you got Freddy coming out in the oscar in that kind of situation. But if you have a lead right there, you might take a chance. But I think just getting closer second base, maybe a little closer second base would have been ideal. But then Taylor makes a catch, he doubles him up at first base, and that's another resson. But I'm just still had it worked out the way he did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think so. But there were some things that Dodgers need to clean up. They were very fortunate to come from behind and beat the Mets tonight and base running and fielding and all that stuff.
Speaker 8: It matters, and I.
Speaker 7: Thought it was a little lackluster early in this game, and I thought that was.
Speaker 8: A key play, you know.
Speaker 2: And one thing too is beyond that play. The group on the rebai Otani is have you noticed that the pattern going now is a guy like Gil today early fastballs and then he got away from it and he pretty much is neutral. Lots of Dodgers goes on off speed breaking balls and makes us a goo level that cutter, Yeah, what hell? Comes in, same thing, the lefty, this guy had and pitching the biggest since twenty twenty one. Garrett comes in and he great stuff, but he goes, you know what, I gotta go and just go second therey pitches and third pitches. And it's a pattern because he saw what happened with the fastals against You know, guys that we're throwing the ball well right, and guys getting work from fastballs are an issue right now for the Dodgers wearing fact I mean collectively and you know, through the season, I've been one of the best teams to say any off speed and non fascles, but that's been a trend so far, and guys getting worth for their fastballs, and we're talking about a Mets team has obviously one of the best stats in baseball.
Speaker 7: All right, Hose, thanks for checking in. We'll talk to you tomorrow night. And the Mets and Dodgers have given us two really great games that ended in the ten thinning. Everybody goes home happy as the Dodgers beat the Mets six to five and ten.
Speaker 8: We'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Going a heater, now, going a heater.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, I'll try to go on that heater, thanks, Ose. Like Max Munsey, he's on that heater right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: Tyler McGill was phenomenal. After giving up four runs in that first inning, he retired sixteen of the last seventeen Dodgers he faced, and he just shuffled the deck, like Jose Motis said, went away from that fastball, starting to mix in some other off speed pitches that kept them off balance, and he became more unpredictable than he was where he was just pumping fastballs in that first inning, and the Dodgers got him for four runs. Now, tomorrow night, the Dodgers will have Tony Gonsolin on the mound in Game three of this four game series. He's three and one this year with an ERA of five to twenty three going up against Griffin Canning out of UCLA. Canning is five and two with an ERA at three twenty three. The Mets have taught him this so called kick chain that really has helped his season, So the Dodgers will be prepared for that Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at six o'clock tomorrow with first pitch from Dodgers Stadium at seven to ten with Rick Monday and Tim Nevertt on Sandykofa's Replica Jersey Night. So we'll see you out here at the stadium and it should be exciting as the first two games have given us everything that you would want in an NLCS rematch against the much improved New York Mets. Thanks to Colin Ye back at our Burbank studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks for listening. You can find the show on the iHeartRadio app. We'll get the phones up and working tomorrow night. And in case you missed our conversation with longtime umpire Brian Gorman, who now is basically the Mike Pereira for Major League Baseball broadcasts on Apple.
Speaker 8: You can also find that on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Coming up next, Ben Maller on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: So again.
Speaker 7: The final score tonight from Dodgers Stadium. Freddie Freeman walks the Dodgers off with a double in the tenth thinning as they beat them at six to five.
Speaker 8: We'll talk to you tomorrow. See them first