Speaker 1: All right, if you want to catch a hundred plus coyotes in a year trapping, this is your episode. Colt with Coyote Academy is on right now. Hey, I'm kJ, dedicated lifelong hunter.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: If you've got an interest in all things hunting, you're in the right spot. Whether chasing quail across the plains of Oklahoma or in pursuit of belk in the back country of British Columbia, you'll always find me on the hunt. Welcome in all you gun talk hunters. I'm your host, kJ, and you know what we're We're going to close out this year in style, you know. So I'm sitting there and I'm cruising the interwebs like you do on the socials, and I guess the powers that be really came through and I guess I had said coyote hunting or I'm sick of coyotes, something to that nature, because a channel popped up on my Facebook feed. Never seen this guy before, never have talked to him, but the videos he's putting out got me intrigued. I mean it was like hook line and Sinker. So hang on to your hats because this one's gonna be a fun one. This one is brought to you by Ruger range Ready Studios, Silencer Central, Savage RCBS, and Hodgeden Powders. With me today is Colt. Colt owns Coyote Academy, and I'm gonna let him tell you about it. But this is the channel that popped up in my feed and I had to get a hold of him because one, his videos are ridiculous. How many coyotes he is able to trap and maintain like that pace is unbelievable. Cult. Welcome on, Hey, thanks for having me kJ.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Man. I okay, let's get a little bit of your background and then let's dive into Coyote Academy and how this Coyote Academy came to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely so. Growing up, I grew up in a kind of a rural setting, you know, middle class, lower middle class, and if you lived where I lived, you worked at a sawmill or you're a farmer and not a big farmer, but you know, just made ends meet. So I went through high school and wanted I said, I don't want to be stuck here in the you know, the same whirlpool, and went and got a college degree and then went I did seven years and became a physician assistant and I do orthopedics now, and so I also run an urgent care part time, so I have a full time man a part time job, and then I run Coyote Academy. I was in, you know, the end to the end of my schooling and I had always trapped growing up. I actually had a really good mentor that lived probably in my and a half of my house, and he came up and you know, asked me if I wanted to go trapping, and then I was hooked, you know. So it's like you guys getting buck fever or something. I just you know, seeing that and knowing you did it and you got that animal to get so close, and it's just like, you know, that was That's my adrenaline, that's my drug, I guess, and not saying I have to go out and you know kill or dispatch hundreds and hundreds of animals. But if there's a need for that, then by all means, use use the tool that you have. So I finished up my schooling and was able to make a good living wage, so I was able to buy an arsenal of traps. I bought, you know everything. I bought the best equipment because I couldn't when I was younger, I didn't just didn't have I didn't have the means. And so you know, everyone says, you know, what's the best tip that you can give a new an upcoming trapper, new upcoming outdoors, and I say, you know, try to become financially stable in whatever you're doing, because you know, trapping is not cheap. It's not cheap. A dozen traps doesn't get you far. And you know those around three hundred bucks. Well, I have twenty dozen traps, you know, just of one brand. I have other brands with multiple so you get thousands of dollars. And then I build my own building in twenty four by twenty four building to do all of my processing, bait making, lure making, collect getting urine and getting it you know, bottled up so that it's perfect. I've actually even been working on a deer scent, so I'm going to try and come up. But yeah, you can find all that on my website, like you mentioned. And the coyote bug really came in twenty seventeen, and that's when I started seeing all these guys bought videos didn't have I don't. I have a good professional education, but no formal trapping education. Didn't go to any There's a lot of trapping schools out there. The ft A has the Trappers College that's accredited by Purdue, I believe. And so I didn't have any formal education. So I was more boots on the ground, reading books, watching videos VHS's even because they were so old. I don't even know if people remember VHS's now.
Speaker 1: It's the thing that has this like tape thing that and it goes in and then every once in a while you'll jama like peanut butter sandwich in there. Yeah one of those, yeah, or you.
Speaker 2: Get us unspoiled. So I saw these guys catching big numbers of coyotes and and really doing it, and guys like up in New York doing it, Guys in Pennsylvania, Maryland, down in North Carolina. There's guys that catch a lot of predators, and I wanted to be like, I mean, I wanted to do that. I was emulating those guys. I looked up to a lot of those guys and still do. But I never really heard of anyone catching over one hundred coyotes in Ohio, and so I wanted to do that, and I wanted to do that on a consistent measure over a three four year span. So over four years, I caught one hundred coyotes in Ohio pretty much trapping the same areas, building and building on to properties and then cutting away from properties. But I tried to be really really efficient, got on a bunch of deer leases, and that you know, just it was a win win for everybody. And so I did that for four years, and I said, well, man, I'd like to go out of state. I mean, I see all these guys being able to do it, and you know, it's just another challenge and very very goal oriented, probably like many of your listeners or you know, even you and I just one day put the the the pencil to the paper and started getting everything figured out how much it was going to cost me, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Right, So is I guess I guess in this development, is there is there one thing about coyotes other than like that differ from you know, your bobcats or your foxes, even wolves. Like that drew you to like kind of really kind of start to focus in on coyotes so.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of a lot of the little small farms. Like I said, I worked. I worked on a couple of them as a farm hand growing up Okay, and they would always have coyotes getting into you know, their their when they're caving, or even the after birth or just trying to come up and be an opportunistic animal. And it was the biggest predator that we also had in Ohio that I could legally trap. We cannot legally trap bobcats in Ohio, Okay. So far we're the only Midwestern state that doesn't allow bobcat trapping. Although yeah, although I you know, I took out fourteen bobcats in a month in one county of Ohio, so you know I didn't I caught them and released them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. When I said, oh, I bet that's a dangerous situation. It has so pretty much as a giant board and you walk in on them.
Speaker 2: No, No, I use a like a dog warden pole.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yep, loop it around.
Speaker 2: There kind of like a kind of like you're doing like a real naked choke to them. You get under their arm pit and around their neck and then just put like kind of tightly you don't send it down completely, but you you snug it up right, can them push them down to the ground, take the trap off, move them away. You want to make sure that if you ever do release a bobcat or even even like a bigger lion, don't have any like don't have your truck park there, don't have your cyber side because they will run underneath of it and.
Speaker 1: Just sit there.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sticky situation.
Speaker 2: Learned to learn that lesson the hard way, man.
Speaker 1: So what I mean, so, let's let's dive into a little bit of Coyote Academy and then I've and then once we hit our break, I've got a kind of an off the wall question about scent lures and stuff like that and how you come up with those. But let's let's tell the viewers. I mean, we're talking to Cole from Coyote Academy and he came up with this on his own, and and it really is. I mean, it's very affordable to learn how to trap. I mean, it's going to take a lot of time, and I think one of the things that you stress is it's going to take your Your success is determined by your work ethic. Yeah, and I saw that quite a bit through your your website, and I really appreciated that because this isn't a you know, I'll try this on a weekend or something like this. This is something that you're helping farmers, you're helping ranchers, You're helping these guys, and it takes your whole heart and dedication because they're doing the same for you. Right, So talk a little bit about the academy.
Speaker 2: So, Kirot Academy is essentially something I had thought about throughout the years, and since I didn't have any formal education, I learned everything by book by video. So I thought, well, you know, I did all that over these you know, say, ten fifteen years, why can't I just kind of get that segmented up into a course online. It's ten ninety nine.
Speaker 1: A month, I mean, right, That's why I'm saying that this is a phenomenal deal here.
Speaker 2: And there's and the thing is is there's always new videos being so every time I learned something or if I have a success or failure, yeah I will post that. I'm not afraid to show my failures because you know, you never you don't really fail unless you quit. So I'm not going to quit trying to be successful at trapping or efficient or or even proficient. So you know, with that being said, you get to see all that online and that's pretty much almost real time. Once I get the video done, Like once I get it all taken, I edit it usually in one one to two nights and then try and get it uploaded. So I put a lot of stuff on YouTube, but then I cut out all the informational some of the the big informational pieces and put those on the masterclass side. So with that, though, you also get to go to a private forum. You're not going to get on that form and you're not going to see you know, did Lebron James win the scoring record? You're going to get one. You're going to see outdoorsman stuff, you know, topics or even nuisance trapping or even guys getting on there be like, hey, I have a like I had a fellow reach out to me in Indiana wanted to pay me, you know, good money to come out there and trap, you know, And well I could punk that to someone if I knew other individuals in Indiana. I do, but I don't know if you're in that area, and you know, I would much rather that offer that to someone on the class than just a freebie to someone else. Yeah, well, it's just that you get to I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt.
Speaker 1: Oh you're good, you're good, go for it.
Speaker 2: But with the with the master Class, you you get the private form, you get the all the free private videos, you get a twenty five percent discount on all products. So you get, you know, a member deal. Even if you want to renew that following year, you can use that twenty five percent discount on already the discounted one hundred and twenty dollars fee for a year subscription.
Speaker 1: So man, you're talking good gosh, you're talking like catch poles. I mean you're talking about a lot of stuff first aid, kid action cameras, drones like stuff that you're you're selling, and your lures and all all the stuff like that. Man, I just sit here and I think about my area that I hunt in Oklahoma, and how beneficial Because what please, if you if you're watching this, if you're listening to this, go check out Coyote Academy because I found him through Facebook. That's where I found him through. And it is like he has some shorts of reels whatever your Facebook calls him. But like you hit like like there'd be a shot of you walking up to you know, your traps, and you've got like six or seven coyotes all at once. Yeah, Like how did like how is that possible?
Speaker 2: You got to find the grocery store man?
Speaker 1: Apparently you're you're very good at finding grocery stores.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not those little small dollar generals. You got to find the big the big markets.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're you're finding the super centers. I mean, it really is impressive. And how how often does that happen for you?
Speaker 2: Uh? So, Like I went out and I trap Oklahoma, And when I go out of state, that's where I trap. Everyone always goes to Kansas and they go to like the Dodge City and Garden City. But I didn't want to. I didn't want to be like a tag along and go out, so I did. All the laws changed really for Oklahoma when it comes to trapping. You used to have to put signs out in the yard as a non resident saying I got traps here. You don't have to do that anymore unless the landowner requests it. So if you're on private if you're on private ground, trapping you don't have to put those signs out anymore, and you used to only be able to bring like fifty traps to so But anyways, the segue back to what you're saying. I went out I got to Oklahoma, and when I go out there, i'm I'm usually there for anywhere from a week to ten days, and I usually average around twenty Last year I average we averaged twenty kyots. And then this year I went solo and did twenty one coyotes a day. So twenty one coyotes a day, yeah, I did. I did one hundred and four coyotes in five days.
Speaker 1: The landowners up there have to love you.
Speaker 2: Oh they I'll tell you what you know. That's they say. It's like the Bible belt. Is it correct? Is that?
Speaker 1: Yep? Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Those those folks out there are so generous and nice and good people. Yeah, I mean, it's it's unreal.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna we're gonna jump in here with a break a word from our sponsors. But on the backside of this, I've got a hair brained idea about a lure that I heard about that I have to find out if it's legit or not. Unmatched precision with the Ruger American Gen Two. In the heart of the wilderness, precision matters, Ruger introduces the American Gen two rifle design for hunters who demand excellence. The Ruger American Gentoo offers enhanced accuracy, smooth bolt action, and durable design. It's the perfect companion for any hunting expedition, providing reliable performance every time you pull the trigger. Trust the Ruger American Gen two to deliver win it counts. Visit Ruger dot com to learn more and find you your next hunting rifle. It's time to prepare for the shot of a lifetime. Whether you're a season hunter or new the sport preparation is key. I preach it all the time. At range Ready Studios, we offer the training you need to make that shot of a lifetime. Chris Serino is on staff and he has a host of instructors on hand to provide personalized trainings in state of the art facilities and practical exercises that build your confidence and skills from precision marksmanship to quick target acquisition. We've got you covered. Don't leave your success to chance. Visit range Ready studios dot com to learn more. In the backcountry. Every ounce counts when the hunt takes you to the extremes. The Savage Ultra Light Elite is built to go the distance, featuring a carbon fiber wrapped barrel and an MDT HNT twenty six stock for perfect balance. The Ultra Light Elite is engineered for hunters who demand performance at the highest elevations, precision power, all in a rifle wing under six pounds. The Savage Ultra Light Elite designed for the backcountry, built for the hunt. Let's talk about powder Hodgden dot com. That's where you find a lot of your needs. Let's talk more about Winchester Stable match. This temperature insensitive double base ballpowder is stable in extreme hot or cold conditions. So to me, what that means is, if I'm reloading in the hot temperatures of Louisiana, man, when I take off to Oklahoma and the temperatures absolutely tank, I can count on that ammunition, I can count on that powder to be stable. And you know, typical of a stable a ball powder. Precise metering contributes to consistent velocity and pressure with lower standard deviations. Ingredients that are paramount to match grade accuracy. Now you're looking at like with Stable Match, what you're looking at is two two three, Remington two two, Voor Valkyrie twenty two two fifty three to zero eight Winchester and thirty odd six and a couple more that if you want to test it out. So find out more about Winchester Stayball Match at Hodgenen dot com. Backslash Winchester. All right, we're back with Colt from Kyote Academy. Give him a look Kyote dash Academy dot com. You're gonna find a bunch of products there. You're gonna find the master class and if you're looking at a class, just a just to help you either grow your skills as a beginner or refine them as if you're a master trapper man this I'm telling you, Colt's got it going on. Just check his stuff out. I'm enamored here because I hate coyotes.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: They decimate our fond populations. They're hell on you know, ranchers and stuff like that. So they've got to be controlled. And Colt's definitely the guy pushing the pushing the envelope out there. Okay, Colt, I'm gonna give you a hard one here, and now you be honest if you've ever heard this, because or call me out. But if you haven't tried it, I want you try it and then get back with me and tell me if it works. So I was talking to a trapper out in No, it was a guide. He wasn't the trapper. So the guide tells him maybe he's full of full of crap. But he sits there and he says, Okay, here's how I catch coyotes. He goes, this is the best lure I found. He goes, You're not gonna believe me. But what he does is he has this little auto sensor that he puts in a hole and he sprays it with Chanelle number five. I'm not lying, this is what he says, Chanelle number five. And he says, so coyote finds that sticks this hole in the nose and then the motion sensor goes off, sprints is a little sinide in his nostrils, and the he dies is that did he pull one over on me?
Speaker 2: So I've heard of the Cinid guns for sure, okay, but the Chanel number five, I've never heard of Chanelle number five.
Speaker 1: No, okay, man, I will get you a bottle of it. And I'm gonna send it to you to try. Just go, let's see, I'll put it on a trail camp. Yes, but that's what he said. He was like, he goes, you won't believe me, and I still to this day I don't because I've never tried it, or I haven't spoken to anybody who has heard about it. Right, But he said Chanell number five. And then he says for his Bobcats that he traps out in Texas. He says he uses CDs in trees. Yep, that's legit.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's legit.
Speaker 1: Okay. Maybe maybe he's not fooling me with the old Chanell number five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I know, so I don't know. I've never heard of it. Maybe he puts his lure or his scent in a Chanel number five bottle.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, you know, but I do. But why would it be a Chanelle number five bottle? Why couldn't he, Like, I mean, he could get something a lot, probably less expensive. I don't even know how much Chanelle number five costs. Maybe maybe it isn't and it is an expense.
Speaker 2: Of his wife. Might be bougie.
Speaker 1: Oh he's using his wife's perfume? Is Oh? That guy screwed. Yeah, it's one hundred and eight bucks a bottle.
Speaker 2: Does it have castor in it?
Speaker 1: Oh? It might?
Speaker 2: Castorium might a lot of a lot of beaver casters used in perfumes.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, I mean it's got hints of uh May rose, jasmine, bourbon, vanilla. I bet it's the bourbon.
Speaker 2: Yep, it has to be.
Speaker 1: It's got to be the bourbon. I'm telling you. But uh so you talk about lures that you sell online, how how do you come up with with your formulas and what they like and what they're attracted to? Are you just reading what you've seen all these years?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So Pokatella. I believe it's in Idaho. Yeah. They they did a lot of research studies, government research studies, and those are all published, so you can look those up and read about them. But fatty acid scent is so like if you break down fats into you know, fatty acid. You have lipids, and then you break them down further into fatty acids, and so you're pretty much at skunk. Fat is a really good attractant. Once it's broke down, it has a pretty much kind of like a sweet rancid smell. Really, but it's a fatty acid fish oil. You know, you catch a lot of bull head and you want to make fish oil. You can make it out of the belly meat or the belly fat, and it makes it very good. Once it's broken down, it makes a very good scent. And then what you pretty much do is either you're fortunate enough to have a recipe already given to you, or you have to kind of formulate your own off of what you think. And luckily I had a few older mentors that were kind enough to, hey, look, I think this will serve you well. If you're going to try and pursue this, you know, just don't screw it up.
Speaker 1: That's me. Yeah, don't screw it up. That's that's I mean, I wouldn't want to screw it up. But you offer. What's I gotta know what this is? What is K nine pudding?
Speaker 2: It's so that's it's called Comanche is the name, and uh, it's pretty much just a concoction of plans and other types of lure bases that I use, and then it has a little bit of castor and some other additives to it just to preserve it. Like sodium benzoate is a preservative. Methyl parabin is a preservative. Your benzoates are going to like really work on your bacterias, whereas in your parabins are going to work on your fun guys. So you're not getting fungus in it. It's just like if you're trying to are food.
Speaker 1: You know, that's interesting. Man's learning so much? How much so if someone reaches out to you, like you know, a farmer in let's say western Oklahoma who really likes his deer and hates the coyotes? How much? How much acreage? I mean, how much acreage can you work with? I mean, are you working with a lot of smaller farms? Are you working with a lot of big ranches? How does? How does? How do you go about finding the right piece of property to hunt coyotes on?
Speaker 2: I try to find the livestock, honestly, whether where there's livestock or where there's deer ranches, you know, even out on those plants, the plantations out east on those guys's ranches, I guess as you can call them, but they call them plantations.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It really it doesn't really matter on the acreage. It just matters on what what hub you have, what source where are they all going to funnel into and out in Oklahoma? Or I trap. I have probably over one hundred and fifty thousand acres that I trap on ok And some are you know, guys with livestock, and then some are just ag ground, whether that's milo or you know, trapping on center pivots where the water's at. It's so dry out and you know Oklahoma that they need water, they need food. So you find those two resources, you kind of got it whipped. If you have if you have a water trough or you know they have all of them sitting around where there's livestock, there's gonna be water there. Man.
Speaker 1: It's it's fascinating to think because you're going through this and I'm going, okay, yeah, I know where that is on my property. I'm just thinking, and I think that's I think that's where the master class would benefit a guy like me is because if you have property or you want to get into this, that would be the route that you would need to go. Like you, you're starting to think, and I think you spur a lot of thought in your classes trotructional videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially with the private forum because if guys don't understand something on a video. They can literally take a picture of it, put it right on the forum and be like, hey, what's going on with this?
Speaker 1: Or you know, can you can you.
Speaker 2: Elaborate a little bit more on that. It's just it the way we go with the way I we have it set up. I had someone go through and set this site up. So the way that we set it up, I tried to make it as user friendly as possible, you know, not having to get photo bucket and then download that and share it to a forum. Have you been on any of those forums? Oh yeah, Oh yeah, it's sometimes it gets rough.
Speaker 1: It is rough, it's tedious, it's it makes it not worth it. And that's and really I mean, and you go to public forum, go to any of them, you do not know what you're gonna get. No, Like, that's the thing. It's the wild West. They're not vetted, they're not you're not mond. You're not getting a lot of good monitor monitor not monetization monitoring. Yeah, you're not getting a lot of that. And I think I think this type of forum would really benefit especially a newbie like myself.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And that's the thing too, is there's a lot of there's a lot of guys on there that have knowledge, a lot of like my mentor is on that site, and we don't poke fun. We don't say that's the dumbest question I ever heard, you know, because we're I've been there, We've all been there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Try try not to you know, belittle anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean that's important because man, I don't like me asking the Chanel number five. I mean, you could have gone, dude, I think I think you're getting hose. But how do you know if you don't ask someone who knows what they're talking about before I go spend one hundred and eight bucks for a kyote lure that probably doesn't work. I mean, I guess I could give it to my wife. Yeah, I mean she's like, why do I have half a bottle? Who did you take this from? Like the question? Then I got a lot of answer to. No, Honey, I swear it was from It was it was for kyote bait. She's like, kyo bait. Really, Yeah, that's how it is. So when is when is the best time to trap?
Speaker 2: And well, that just really depends on if you're going for prime for or if you're going for predation work, okay, prime for you're going to wait till your you know, obviously your later months when it gets cold. And they say, you know, daylight does a lot with it, and I don't. I don't really buy into that whole philosophy. I trap as soon as I can. I love trapping. I love being out there. I love the challenges, the adversities, you know, the the triumphs. So I start as early as I can. And when you start early, you're catching the young of the year that maybe there's one to two year old pups that you know, haven't really been out and about as much, but they have beautiful fur. Their fur is because they haven't been through too many years where they have you know, laid down and got froze, stuck to the ground and pulled out their guard hairs, or they've been in fights, or they've got shot at or you know, went through barbed wire and just you know damage. So you get a really good pelt. And then I also sell tanned fur, and I get that. I don't have it on my website yet. I'm I'm in the process. I'm in the infancy of getting it all done. So that's that's what I do. I go out there and I try and help those landowners out west. But then I also I try not to waste the fur or waste the animal. So I take the glands out, I take the skulls off if I can, the vaculums. I try to repurpose every part of that animal, because as much as I want to get rid of them, I also really really respect that animal. Because you try and get rid of them, they just they just keep coming.
Speaker 1: They they do know you're right, that's cool that you're able to repurpose everything. And really, because you know, there's a lot of guys out there that I mean, probably not most trappers. I think I feel that most trappers are doing it for the right reasons. You're going to invest the time, and it sounds like the money because I've got way too many hobbies. It sounds like to start spending you know, three hundred dollars per trap, like especially on some good ones or whatever you might need. Right, they're doing it for the right reason.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, A lot of guys. You know, there's knuckleheads in every outdoor genre or cohort, but a lot of guys are doing it all for the right reasons. And you know that's those are the guys I look up to. And you know, I don't want to sit I don't want to sit here. And you know, have your audience think I'm the the king or the Krim Dela Krim. I'm not. There's a lot of guys out there that are. You know, they probably forgot more about trapping than I know.
Speaker 1: But man, you know a lot more. You know that much more than I do. I mean, so, I mean, you know a ton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, most of those guys are getting up into their sixties. I think the average age for trapping for a trapper is sixty two.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: You know, so we're losing We're losing a lot of the younger generation in trapping. And that was one reason I started posting publicly was to try and get maybe some of the you know, the younger guys. You know, I'm thirty four. I'd like to get some of the twenty to thirty year old gents you know, or even ladies involved. And but I get a lot of backlash from that. You know a lot of people, Oh yeah, you know, I got telephone threats like I don't know. I can if you want, I can try and play the voicemail.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, yes, do that. It's amazing, is it? Sorry, like I want to hear it? It is this PG thirteen because oh yeah, yeah, yeah it's PG thirteen. I mean there's threats thrown about all over the place.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, like, is do you allow cussing? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we can beep that. We can beat that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're playing a threat to Colt from Coyotia Academy.
Speaker 2: Hey, Marma, I don't want to kill you, you know, and your whole family for killing all those animals. I want to kill you. My country song was Ohio and I want groll with you. I want to show you one.
Speaker 1: Holy crab. Yeah he sounds serious. Gosh, I don't for all the critters I've killed, I don't think I've received something. I mean, that's a badge of honor right there. Well congratulations.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just try and I try and put it out to the public so they can see it, you know, And I try to. I don't try and do them, you know, any I don't try and do those any animals any ill harm on video or anything.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be as as humane as possible.
Speaker 2: As I possibly can. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, but a guy like that here, this is a prime example of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, that leads just first with their like, I could tell you probably what kind of yard sign that guy has in his yard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean he doesn't. He doesn't lead with logic, he doesn't lead with science. He just it's an emotional response for him. That's a that's that's a creature that How could you kill that? Come? Cut? Cut me a break here, Like you know what that thing does to a fun like populations on whitetail or. I mean, that thing's killing way more than you have, way more.
Speaker 2: Yep, they don't. They don't see you that though. You know, they don't know, don't.
Speaker 1: That's it's emotion driven, That's all it is. It's emotion. Now I'm gonna get all my soapbox. I better not do that.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. They called. They called two other times after that, uh, and I answered. I the first time I wasn't able to answer. I answered, and they just hung up.
Speaker 1: Oh god, ah, that's I definitely know what kind of yard sign they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I wanted it to be documented. So I called my local police department and then called my cell phone carrier, and you know, they both said, I'm sorry, we can't do anything to help you. And I said, I figured that as much.
Speaker 1: At least at least yep, it's documented. So man, I hate to hear that you get those kind of calls, but I mean, we get our fair share of hate around here too, and it's, oh yeah, it is what it is. Like we're it's not going to change.
Speaker 2: What I do. It's just a hurdle.
Speaker 1: You just got to get over it. That's right, man, Colt dude, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day and answering a random Facebook message. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed talking with you.
Speaker 2: It was a pleasure, man, it really was.
Speaker 1: Man. You guys go check them out. Kyote Dash Academy dot com go look them up. Are you on Instagram?
Speaker 2: I'm on Instagram, YouTube, TikTok.
Speaker 1: Everything, it's it is worth a look. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. And I mean, I have to tell you I know what I'm asking for Christmas. Now, I'm gonna I'm gonna start trapping some coyots. So uh so. Anyway, Colt, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Not a problem.
Speaker 1: All right, all you gun talkers, you gun talk hunters, you know the drill. Keep those muzzles pointing in a safe direction, and always be on the hunt.