Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, Peez's.
Speaker 2: Rod, Yes, sir, wake you wake your hands off, Snake k Rot Ryan show check it in throw Back Thursday.
Speaker 1: Hope you're ready to do a little voting today online to get that song you want to play. At nineteen thirty Tommy the Gun Morris going for number four, freshout of manhead to your head. Let's get another person in that Hall of Fame. He's two games away, four questions away, Monster Jams. Saturday, we'll be at NRG. We've got a four pack of tickets with pit passes, Homer of you're getting those on the fun Fact Flashback. I got Breaking Benjamin tickets Stained Dawtry. I got that show coming your way at seven twenty pit tickets to Corn and Go Jira sold out Woodland's Pavilion. Read my lips. Some of you have already started to send your word suggestions into me.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com one thousand dollars alternative income at about nine ten, about nine point thirty. We'll give you an opportunity to get into our alter ego fest and then we'll leave you at depth tones tickets to nine o'clock hours, bit and banging all week. Let's get after a good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning Homeroom.
Speaker 5: So the big news is really the pop music world paying tribute to the late Liam Payne. If you didn't know, the former Direction singer Liam Payne is now dead. He's only thirty one. He was only thirty one years old. This after falling from his hotel balcony in Argentina. So according to the police there, they say he fell from a third floor balcony to the lobby on Wednesday, although it's unknown whether it was intentional or an accident. If he didn't know, Pink got his start on The X Factor back in two thousand and eight, and they put him in this big boy band group with Harry Styles and zay Met Malik and I believe Neil Horn. But they formed One Direction together and this group became one of the highest selling boy bands of all time. They've sold over seventy million records worldwide before an indefinite break in twenty sixteen. So this was devastating news. In fact, Onlooker is still gathering outside that Buenos Aires hotel where he fell from the balcony. So we'll be talking about that this morning. That's kind of the big national story. Then here in Houston, Brookshire, specifically, the Waller County officials are investigating the cause of an explosion and a fire at a propane distribution center. Fire crews responded yesterday afternoon to the Rapid Exchange for Paying center. On FM five twenty nine, the Fire Marshal Darren Waller County says the building and the fire surrounding grass fire. It was all under control by four pm. There was a man who was injured. He drove himself at the hospital. He is in stable condition. All right, let's talk about Thanksgiving because Butterball is deep in the Thanksgiving game and they have unveiled a new cook from frozen Thanksgiving turkey. You know, okay, it goes straight from the freezer to the oven.
Speaker 4: I say it's.
Speaker 5: Possible because of this specially formulated brine, and they claim it comes out just as juicy, tender and flavorful as a normal turkey. Does you know a lot of people have trouble with well making sure that it's completely thawed. It can take up to three days in refrigerator to thaw out a completely frozen turkey.
Speaker 1: This has got to be baked then, I know what you just were saying, Alex. There's no way this you could use this as a fried turkey. No, he's gotta be a baked turkey.
Speaker 5: It literally says unwrap and cook. That's what the direction say.
Speaker 4: And it's also for people who don't like touching raw meat.
Speaker 5: So there's no neck or giblets like right, And you can't stuff this one. You can't suff this one. You gotta do your stuff stuff on the side.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: The extended family of the Menendez.
Speaker 5: Brother is the subject of the second season of the Netflix crime drama series Monster are rallying for their release from a California prison. Eric and Lyle Menendez were found guilty of killing their parents nearly three decades ago, but they've always maintained they didn't come for the money, but because their father had been molesting them for years while their mothers stood by him. On Wednesday, on Wednesday, their relatives demanded their release based on new evidence. They say they feel buoyed by the announcement and the La County DA They are like happy that they're at least reviewing the case.
Speaker 4: But they think they should have.
Speaker 5: Been convicted on manslaughter because that would have garnered for a release. Maybe like a decade earlier. They went in when they were really young.
Speaker 4: Okay, no arrests yet the Jake e Lee shooting.
Speaker 5: The Vegas Police Apartment issued a statement, and really there's not a lot of new information other than that no arrests have been made. You do have Ozzy sharing his support and really his shock for Jake after he found out about a shooting. He's like, look, it's been thirty seven years since I've.
Speaker 4: Seen Jake e Lee.
Speaker 5: But that doesn't take away from hearing about what happened. He says he sends his thoughts to him and his daughter.
Speaker 4: So those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: So that means it's been thirty seven years since Ozzie and Sharon ripped him off. Ah, that's why they haven't talked.
Speaker 4: Maybe they can send Aim a edible arrangement make up for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wrote all these songs and are like, you're not getting any of that, Like, you write down you want to be in the band, you write down that. Ozzie wrote that they do that stuff. It's crazy, dirty business. Look what do you got? Last night?
Speaker 6: In the MLB playoffs? The Dodgers butt the Mets ate nothing to take it, two games to one lead. In the NLCS, today, Yankees and Guardians are gonna play Game three of the ALCS. That'll start at four. Weight can watch it on TBS. Then at seven eight it's Game four between the Mets and Dodgers.
Speaker 1: That game is gonna be on FS one on Thursday Night Football.
Speaker 6: We got Alvin Kamara and the Saints hosting bow Nicks and the Broncos. Broncos coming to this is three point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch that.
Speaker 1: One on Prime Video. And some basketball. Rockets are gonna be at home tonight.
Speaker 6: They're gonna host the Spurs in a preseason game tip Office at seven. You can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Rockets open up the regular season on Wednesday. That is what's going on in sports all right.
Speaker 2: Here we go, man, four hours of paid Jilly open up these phone lines.
Speaker 1: Who wants to talk? What do you want to get into for that first phone call? Just about anything goes to get us started. Sometimes you have absolutely set the tone for the whole four hours, so that first phone call is up for grabs. Seven one, three two send me those words suggestions for reading my lips at eight twenty Busy, Busy, Busy, the most interactive show on the radio. It's this one ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Throw Back Thursday. I don't know if Wizard had this from last week and then he maybe put it in a folder, he forgot about it, and then he brought it out this week. Throw Back Thursday. Shine down if you could, if you only knew theory of a dead man, hate my life, Sublime, smoke two joints an awesome Last Thursday, he put it in the wrong folder. It's all right, everybody's still kind of riding the high from the party. Who wins Sublime? I'd be shown is gonna win that. Yeah, it's the biggest song. It's the biggest song.
Speaker 6: I mean, it seemed like the crowd was team Sublime, team Sublime. If you were out there on Saturday, Yeah, this is a great he seems to shine down all right.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a great way to kind of relive everything that we kind of went through on Saturday. So Chile's got that up on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. I'd like you to get out there and do a little voting this morning. Tell me the gun. We could use some more people in the Hall of Fame. He's I mean, we're not just gonna hand it to him. He's going for win number four today, fresh out of bed. Head to head comes up at around six twenty Monster jamp Is This Saturday. We will be down there pit party. Can't wait to see you guys, take pictures, sign whatever you want, signed, to meet the kids. All of that will be with our truck, and we want you to come over and say hi to us. Okay, and then I mean we get it. There's other really really big trucks. There's all those there's all those superhero trucks and Sparkle Smash and all that. So it's gonna be fun. I want to see Sparklesmash, Sparklesmash so much. I'm gonna be disappointed in his eyes. Sparkle and Smash and as I think it like, we might not even see my kid in the pits. She's just gonna hang out with sparklesmash. She might not even like I'm not gonna go see my dad truck right break you Betdamin tickets at seven twenty that song. More so, our emails came in and man, just ninety five percent. I would say approval of that new Breaking Benjamin, so long as we world premiered it all day today or all day yesterday. I don't know if I Wizard's gonna like get us that today to maybe play for you. It would be nice. I'd like to know the spin of that. It was really really good. Breaking Benjamin's in town with staying in Daughtry October twenty fourth, seven twenty. We'll give you those tickets and then read my lips word suggestions coming through. Thank you. That's for the sold out corn Go Jira show, not just any tickets pit passes going to the winner. Tessa takes on the Chile.
Speaker 4: It's in time for the first phone call.
Speaker 1: Ba is it?
Speaker 3: Nini?
Speaker 7: How?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just Niini? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mee? How is hello? And Chinese?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 1: How okay? It says, it says, Nini Howe on there?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Nini?
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning? How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 8: Right, I'm good.
Speaker 9: How are y'all.
Speaker 8: I'm a five time, five year listener, first time caller.
Speaker 1: Okay, first time on what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 8: So I was listening. I did not know that that was the reason why the Menindez brothers after dad until Tessa just ruined it for me. Everybody's always given Tessa a hard time. Yeah, allegedly, and I hate to do it. I'm a girl's girl. I love you, girl, Tessa. But I did not know that. But you know what, now I kind of want to watch it.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, wait, what part didn't you know? The sexual allegations against the parents exactly?
Speaker 8: Bingo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's kind of widely being talked about. Yeah, I don't think it's a spoiler alert.
Speaker 8: I think I always just thought it was the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is why it's in the news right now because of the years of abuse by the parents. That's why they've reopened the case and now that's why they're working on getting them out. So that's a part of the headline. I think it's not It's not like, you know, hey, old Yeller dies at the end of the movie, or you know, or Bruce Willis is also dead in the sixth sense like he Yeah, Bruce Willis is dead the whole movie of the sixth sense. I mean, you find out at the end that he's dead, Meani, that's why.
Speaker 8: His family a lot.
Speaker 1: You know what, the Titanic sinks at the end of that one, so I don't know, you.
Speaker 8: Know, has water in the pool?
Speaker 1: Yes, I heard though there was water in the pool. Yeah, that damn ship sank, Meani.
Speaker 5: I haven't watched this on Netflix, but I always kind of knew that that subject matter is just a little too dark for me, because if they were and they were being abused, you know, that's like a whole different ballgame. But yeah, a lot of people talking about this because of that, but I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't watch it because it's really heavy, and I usually watch Netflix before bed. I don't want to have night news.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, but you know what, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: I'm glad I could give you some information that you didn't know, even though that information is probably around forty years old.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh I'm not even forty.
Speaker 4: So got one more year. I got one more year?
Speaker 8: Oh, one more year? Okay, Well, yeah, I enjoy you guys. I listen every morning, thank you, say hello, and I really enjoyed the show. Joy, it's meany just just is just meany. Yeah, I don't know what he's hurt.
Speaker 4: Okay, know what Chili was saying?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Spoiler alert With the Menandez brothers, please spoiler alert for spoiler alert. One of those guys was wearing a wig at the court dates. I know that because I see the mugshots. Now, how does one brother have all the hair and the other brother doesn't?
Speaker 4: Oh, just the genetic lottery you play.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen my bro in a while, but he had a full head of hair last time I saw him, Jackass, I got nothing, all right, thank you need all the World War two movies. Sorry. Spoiler alert the US wins. Oh yeah, on the flip got a reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game Rock and Alter.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz Rod Ryan Show, Home Room. Baby, you cast your vote yet, She's got the link up on links and guests.
Speaker 3: Would you vote for?
Speaker 1: Who did I vote for? I haven't voted yet. I think I'm gonna vote for Theory of a Dead Man. You would you would that mean? What does that even mean?
Speaker 6: If you were blown away by Jacob as well and you were gonna go sublime with me?
Speaker 3: You have.
Speaker 1: As brothers, iow, I don't take part in the Devil's lettuce like you. I'm your own well at Jamaica shine down theory of a dead man and Sublime is who you're voting for today on the world famous Rod Ryan show page at the buzz dot com looking at girls food blog page, Crazy criminal blog page. I mean, it's another one of those we get at least one every year where somebody got busted in the hov lane with a skeleton in the passenger seat. Every year, every year there's one of those. You know, Okay, what's trending?
Speaker 5: Nick Jonas fled the stage because a laser pointer was aimed in his direction. He was in Prague giving a concert that Jonas brothers.
Speaker 1: I got this on the music blog page.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one of the trending stories right now, so I figured i'd mention it. I know you got it on the music blog page. A couple of stories down.
Speaker 1: You can see the footage is of him backstage. He comes off, he's like taking his hand and like he's waving it under his chin. He's like, get me out of here, get me out of here, and he just he just trots off. Now, it was probably a laser pointer, but us watching the movies, we know that when there's a laser, when there's a laser pointed at you, you feel like that's at the tip of a gun. That's right, So that's how he treated it.
Speaker 5: Also, the Ariana Grande hosted episode of SNL is the most watched episode of this show in.
Speaker 4: More than three years.
Speaker 5: According to Nielsen, five point six million people watched it live and then there were also same dey viewers on NBC. That's the most since Elon Musk hosted the show back in twenty twenty one. Grande's episode also became the most watched episode of SNL ever on Peacock across its first two days.
Speaker 4: You were able to view it on Sunday and Monday.
Speaker 5: So they started very happy about the Ariana Grande episode.
Speaker 1: I started watching it yesterday a little bit. Yeah, she's super talent.
Speaker 4: She's been talented since she was a little girl. She's been a child actor. She can sing her ass off, like, yeah, she's.
Speaker 5: Gonna kuits are better when the people are talented.
Speaker 1: She's not the musical guest. So her opening monologue was like, I'm not going to sing in the handle of Mike. She immediately starts singing.
Speaker 4: Impersonating everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like when she does Britney Spears singing, it sounds like and then she goes into Gwen Stefani. She goes into that effortlessly. She's really talented. She as an Italian boy. Also, oh, I didn't see that one yet. I have a funny okay.
Speaker 5: Also our Inkstagram Thursday so far as leading the links on links and guests, thanks for clicking on it, and that's what's trending on EDDI four five the good one than everybody.
Speaker 10: It's Tommy the Gun Morris. Now you're fresh out of bed head to head three day chammers, join me on Throwback Thursday when I will make it four wins bitches.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is his eighteenth game. Yeah, he does. Feel like he's been around. Has he played whole month? Are we're doing something different?
Speaker 4: This is Tommy.
Speaker 1: It feels like he's been on Tommy since like October third, he started his run and he's sober and he's still only going for win number four somehow seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five if you want to take him on, No, he is the scariest morning show on the planet. You're listening to the rod Ryan showed Scared on ninety four five, The Buzz Buzz Ai c Man in the Box Rob Ryan Show. Six thirty ten percent chance of rain sunny high today of around seventy six. It's fifty three outside. Right, Oh boy, I see him. Now you're sweating. You got sweaty feet, so sweet. All right, she's got ug boots on. I don't know that it's necessarily time time for those, but I see why you're excited. And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 7: Listeners to New York Corners.
Speaker 1: All right, nobody moves, nobody gets hurt. Tommy the Gun, good morning, some stuff. You're going for win number four? Yes, sir, okay. Does it feel like do you think you've been on this show a long time or is it just me like I think you started on October second. It's the seventh time.
Speaker 10: It feels like it's been dragging for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, you're taking on Rachel, I think Rachel. Good morning, Hey, Rachel welcome back. When was the last time you played? Okay? And I mean I know you lost, but did you win a couple of games? I lost?
Speaker 8: On day five, Adam wrote me a ticket for seating.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well I just said, nobody move, nobody gets hurt. But I don't know. Rachel knows how to play this game. She knows what she's doing. This has got it. This has got all the makings of a great matchup. What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I have a pair see highly suspects?
Speaker 1: Wow, good ticket too. Okay, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Rachel, Are you ready?
Speaker 7: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: All right, Here we go, Rachel, Tommy. Question number one? What part of the tree changel? We'll see if she timed it right? Rachel, leave. You heard me say that, I said, I said, I said changes as she was saying her name.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: What part of the tree changes colors during fall?
Speaker 4: She got it, She's in. It's a game.
Speaker 1: They change their sleeves in the fall. Okay, Rachel's on the board. Wow, what timing on that? Here we go, Rachel and Tommy. What do witches usually have a book? Tommy? Tommy spells you guys are good. You guys are good.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 1: I didn't know you heard enough of that either. What do witches usually have a book full of spells? Spells? Okay, here we go, guys usually spells. Our recipes are like toad toadstool and you know, yeah they are.
Speaker 4: Consequences are much more dire, little.
Speaker 1: Love street, blonde Dragon. Here we go, Rachel and Tommy. We got a great game here for the win. What do birds of a feather do? Rachel, Tommy the gun. It's a lot together.
Speaker 12: Good game, Good job, guy, o god totty, good luck, money, thanks, Rachel, good great.
Speaker 1: Damn it, Rachel.
Speaker 4: He was really good.
Speaker 8: Trying. I'm trying, Rod, I really am.
Speaker 1: That was a really that was a really really good game. And all you did was warm our boy up for tomorrow's Hall of Fame game. I mean he needed that. You slapped him in the face.
Speaker 10: Tommy, Hey, I was sweating it over here.
Speaker 1: That was about the best barring partner we could have got for you before your championship game, before your game tomorrow to go in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll walk in there with a black eye.
Speaker 1: From that one. Yeah you will yeah, you will in a swollen chin hang on the.
Speaker 9: Right right Show celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz, Green Day's Dilemma. Rod Ryan Show on a Throwback Thursday. I just told Alex you better do something about it if you want your shinedown song to win. It's in the last place right now. Sublime smoke two joints, first place. It's early theory of a dead man, hate my life, shine down if you only knew theory in second place? Right now? Where do you vote? Links and guests on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Low chances of rain sunny today him seventy six. We're in the fifties right now, and I'm loving it. A fresh out of bed head to head China.
Speaker 7: Yeah, here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: All right, everybody tell me the gone Morris still at it. I am your fresh out of bed head to head four day champions. Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt. Join me on free beer Friday. I want to make it win number five.
Speaker 1: It's is okay? Is he gonna get it done? That was a good game today. That was a really, really good game today. All right, I brought us some fun facts and what have we given you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Monster Jam. We got Monster Jam tickets coming up.
Speaker 6: It's that to the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go, we make you look smart your bodies. It's the fun that to the day, Alex. Time to lift the ban, It's time on what cream cheese? It's time to lift your band Here's yes, here's the fun fact. Despite the name Philadelphia cream Cheese was invented in New York State and not in Pitts or not in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: Plenty of the brands out there. The year was eighteen seventy two, Alex.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was not marketed as Philadelphia Cream Cheese until eighteen eighty. At the time Philadelphia in that area, they had this great reputation for high quality dairy farms, so they just kind of like hopped on that bandwagon. It's New York Cream Cheese. Bro, Yeah, it's New York Cream chees band. I will not use that brand you're still used to even with this fun fact, I use.
Speaker 5: A TV brand because I know it was from Texas out a kid got a kid out.
Speaker 4: Or I just thought you could you know these these are longhorns.
Speaker 1: If you. You can eat Philadelphia cream cheese and feel good about it. Can, but I'm not going to Okay. Ferris wheels were invented in the sixteen hundreds. They weren't called Ferris wheels. They were called pleasure wheels.
Speaker 9: That is.
Speaker 4: Who so pleasureful?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chili's like, send it to me. No, we don't want to hear what your thoughts are on pleasure wheels. You know he's gonna say something naughty.
Speaker 3: You see that pleasure wheel on the Pleasure appear.
Speaker 1: Okay? The zip in zip code? What does zip mean?
Speaker 4: Zip zip zip?
Speaker 1: Nope, that's not what it means. It means Zone Improvement Plan. That's NEAT created in nineteen sixty three to help the mail carriers deliver the mail more efficiently. And they even said it so they could zip along on their roots. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in front of your body.
Speaker 11: It's the funk back to the day.
Speaker 1: Would that be their routs depends on where you're from. The roots rut, the ruts gotta get my hair dyed. My roots are showing, that's my mom My roots are showing me. All right, what do you offering off here? A surprise.
Speaker 5: I have a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Hey on this Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, your fun jam is made from fruit. Jelly is made from blank watch it. Watch your mouth over there seven one three two one two five nine four five. We finally put that one to bed yesterday.
Speaker 6: On the Fun Facts, it's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain cash.
Speaker 1: That's have the cash. The guy's three and a half feet from me right now. I can't believe it. Hi, Hell, good morning, three and a half feet I measured. I can't believe it. What how do we do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 13: It was a good down Wall Street. The DAW was up three hundred and thirty seven points. Kickoff this morning at forty three thousand and seventy seven NASDAK up fifty one to eighteen thousand and three sixty seven. Benchmark ten year Treasury is trading at a four point oh three percent and oil stands at seventy dollars thirty eight cents a barrel to the most active the big studs Cisco, Visa, and the United Health. The big duds Intel, Amgen, and Merk. On the economic calendar, this morning's pretty crowded. We'll get retail sales for September in business inventories for August. Right now, futures. Hey, they're on the ipside. Hang on to This will be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 13: I'm met here. This is Halin Menature director with Raymon James, Porterfea The Rid Ryan Show from Ramy James on Saan Fleep and AUGUSTA. Don't forget to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 14: Beaman's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James and associates. Income Ever, nat AT, IBC, I ART Radio or AT sponsors, informations and sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmiss We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your aim. This program is are educational and informational services on It's based on movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five. The bus, welcome back and we go. We get Kenny on the phone. Kenny, Hew's going brother road great. I need you to complete this sentence for me jam is made from fruit. Jelly is made from blank jelata. No, geez, that's having such a good morning dude.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Kenny, Kenny makes it. Sorry, it's packed in, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Kenny?
Speaker 4: We hang up on him.
Speaker 1: Kenny just stopped by. Kenny. Hey, Matt, good morning, Good morning. We talked about this yesterday. It was the one that we highlighted the most because of the old Dina joke. Jam is made from fruit. Jelly is made from what.
Speaker 15: Juice?
Speaker 1: Fruit? Juice? Yes, yes, juice, juice, juice, got it? There you go. Yeah, jam is made from fruits. Jelly is made from juice, which I hope that's what you said.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Preserves have chunks of fruit in them, and marmalades have peels and pulp like it. I like an orange marmalade. I love an orange marmalade. Congratulations, Matt, you are the winner. What are you giving them? Oh?
Speaker 5: You get a four pack of tickets which it passes to Monster Dam this Saturday. You better come say hi to us at NRG.
Speaker 15: Congrats definitely, thanks you off so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, So truth be told, there was a fourth song that was gonna be played this hour, and Kenny ruined that way to go, so wizard, It's not my fault that I'm dropping the fourth song. Okay, we gotta get into the headlines because of Kenny. Kenny no packed it and kick you in your pectins. All right, Sunny's guys today, ten percent chance of rain hines of around seventy six probably fifty five outside right now is awesome. All right, let's put the Kenny behind us. What are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: We're gonna start with some really sad to use.
Speaker 5: Former One Direction singer Liam Payne is dead at the age of thirty one after falling from his hotel balcony in Argentina. Stay Police say Payne fell from a third floor balcony to the lobby. This happened again Wednesday, although it wasn't it was unknown. It's still unknown whether it was intentional or an accident.
Speaker 4: If you don't know, Pen gained fame as a.
Speaker 5: Member of One Direction, which formed from The X Factor. They had a best selling album called Midnight Memories. Payne also had a solo debut, and one of his singles did reach number ten on the Billboard Hot one hundred.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that all those dudes were just randomly out there. I know that Simon put them together, but I didn't know that they were X Factor. I thought the band came on in one direction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, so that's what he did.
Speaker 1: I just thought that Simon had put them together and then put the band on X Factor. I didn't know that he plucked them from X Factor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, individually and kind of kind of orchestrated the whole thing. But yeah, this is by far the biggest headline from the day.
Speaker 4: The pop world in total mourning over this.
Speaker 1: It's said.
Speaker 5: I wanted to also talk about the Federal Trade Commission, not because I'm into the Federal Trade Commission, but they're making it easier to cancel digital subscriptions, which I am into. So it was announced that they would soon put in place a final click to cancel rule. This requires sellers to make it easy for consumers to cancel their enrollment. As easy as it was for you to sign up, it's got to be just as easy for you to cancel. Like, hey, you want to do your seven day trial, Yeah, no problem, just click here and you're in for seven days.
Speaker 4: Of course, just like in order to cancel before the eighth.
Speaker 5: Day, you kind of maybe have to jump through some hoops for the FCC says, nope, you got to kind of make it fair. A final click to cancel rule would require sellers to make it easier to cancel, almost as easy as it is to sign up.
Speaker 1: I like this a lot.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 1: I stay away from those things that like, hey, try it for thirty days. Dummy over here is gonna forget I put.
Speaker 5: In my calendar. I'm so cheap. I'll have sudden alarm. I'll be like, cancel this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll I'm not that organized. I've paid for NFL Plus.
Speaker 4: I'm not organized. I'm cheap. Let's be clear.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 6: I did like trial so you can get the NFL Plus thing to watch preseason games, and I was like, oh, hell yeah, I'll just remember to cancel this. And then this year i'm preseason, I was like, I gotta probably pay for this. Oh never mind, are you have any count this is paying for it for a year to think about it.
Speaker 1: That's common. And then if there's a show that you want to watch and it's on like Showtime or HBO Discovery Plus, most of those will have thirty days for free, and you're like, hey, in thirty days. I can. I can watch all the Game of Thrones finally, and I'll get it done and then you forget. I did that with Your Honor. Yeah, I did that with Your Honor, and that was on Showtime I think before it was really like HBO Max or whatever. Now it's on Netflix. Yeah, yeah, And I wanted to see that just because Brian Cranston is just the goat. So Your Honor was filmed in New Orleans and I wanted to watch it. Yeah, thirty Days. I'll just check out the first season. I I'm paying for that. Still, I've never watched anything since.
Speaker 6: If you already have your credit stuff like on like if you have like an Apple TV, you're well obviously I didn't give them credit card information.
Speaker 1: Oh crap, it's already logged in the already have it. I wonder if this includes some sort of it. I'd like a notification like, hey, dude, the thirty days is tomorrow.
Speaker 4: That would be great.
Speaker 6: That would be awesome like that, and then fine, they can just we tell you at the bottom of the thing, call your.
Speaker 1: Friends at the FTC. I'd like a little reminder that my thirty days is like dinging tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Okay, well reminder, okay, hey, let's talk about chips.
Speaker 4: Who's two of those chips we love chips on this show.
Speaker 1: Chips.
Speaker 4: Freedoa is adding twenty percent more chips to.
Speaker 5: Some of its bag and this is after years of complaints about shrink flation. So there was a study done in twenty twenty one that found one version of Tostitos had dropped from thirteen ounces of bag to eleven, another drop from twelve to eleven.
Speaker 4: There were similarity.
Speaker 5: There were similar issues with Ruffles, which are also free too.
Speaker 11: Lay.
Speaker 4: So Freedo Lay says.
Speaker 5: Look, we have a plan to add more chips to their quarterly earnings call. They use the term bonus bags. Now, it's not happening with all their products. It might just be their jumbo size bags, or maybe only with a few of the products that are most popular like Tostitos, Ruffles, and Doritos those were all mentioned by name.
Speaker 4: But they're selling these new.
Speaker 5: Bonus bags at select locations, so ones that normally bags that normally have sixteen ounces will now have eighteen. So like it's happening with their variety packs like those are getting bigger, and then those big big bags that like the party size.
Speaker 1: This is great because all we hear about is shrink flation. Yeah, they're paying more and getting less.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you need to you need to up the quantities. You need to put more chips in the bags. We love to chew on the chips. Doctors in the UK announced the second ever recorded of try failure. That's when a man has not one, not two, but three units below the belt. They only found it out this guy died seventy eight years old, donates his body to science and.
Speaker 4: They're like, hey, you got like a triple Weiener thing going on.
Speaker 1: Did you see this? Because I didn't send it to you. Chili put up a link and I'm like, I'm ever gonna put it through this. She's gonna like bitch at me about sending your weird three piece story.
Speaker 4: Very weird. This is a very weird story.
Speaker 1: You did this on your own.
Speaker 5: Totally totally because I find it very interesting. The other Yeah, because one of his units was normal and the other two were internal, so you couldn't actually see him, but it could have him having those internal ones could have caused him issue, so like he might have had like UTIs dysfunction, and it's possible none of them worked, so it's a good thing. He donated his body to science. Even die Folia is rare. That's when you have two units, but there's only been around one hundred recorded cases of it worldwide. Of course, you can read more on our blog page Units Science.
Speaker 1: I wonder if we got we could have extra units. Yep, we don't know it.
Speaker 4: You'd have internal ones. You don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: Metallica is getting an updated version of their pinball machine, Stern Pinball release Metallica Pinball in twenty thirteen and wound up being one of the most successful pinball machines in history.
Speaker 1: I got one. I bet you do?
Speaker 4: Oh you do do have one?
Speaker 1: I got a Metallica Pinball game room.
Speaker 5: Okay and then okay, wait, Metallica and Kiss.
Speaker 1: I got Metallica Kiss guns and Roses.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: So now it's back as Metallica remastered, so it's got a full color LCD screen.
Speaker 4: Do you want this?
Speaker 5: All new animations, even live concert videos. You have to want this.
Speaker 1: No, I paid a million dollars for the first one. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: Well, there's just five hundred units globally, so this one's going to be like ten million. Those are Houston's headlines was ten million dollars dude for happiness.
Speaker 1: It's many more millions that I have, that's what. Million is way more than that. So the only one that I've come close on was the Foo Fighter pinball machine, and the ac DC one is great. It's so good, but I just often you play those pinballs not often.
Speaker 4: I played it with London one time.
Speaker 1: Little King comes over next door. He's like, hey, can I play the pinball machine? He I'm like, yeah, go ahead, Yeah. He plays it more than I. I loves it, all right.
Speaker 7: What do you got?
Speaker 1: In the MLB Playoffs?
Speaker 6: Last night, the Dodgers but the Mets eight to nothing to take a two games to one lead in the NLCS. Today, the Yankees and Guardians are gonna play the Game three of the ALCS. Yankees are up two to zero in that series. That's gonna start at four to oh eight and you can watch it on TBS. Then at seven o eight that's Game four between the Mets and Dodgers.
Speaker 1: That game is gonna be on FS one.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night Football, we at Alvin Kamara and the Saints hosting Bonix the Broncos Broncos are three point favorites heading into this game. Kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video.
Speaker 4: What's the count with the Dodgers and the Mets.
Speaker 1: It is two to one Dodgers, so.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be Dodgers Yankees? Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 1: I do not know who?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I do not know who will be?
Speaker 1: That is one possible. Yankees Go Yankees.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night Football, Alvin Kamar, I already did that part alread that fart. My bad, you threw me off. In basketball, Rockets are gonna be at home tonight. They're gonna host the Spurs in a preseason game. Tip opposite seven and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. Rockets are gonna open up the regular season on Wednesday night against the Hornets. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Paola just sent me her words for read my Lips. She's an active participant. She sends me a lot of great word suggestions. Saw her out at the anniversary party. Guys, keep the words coming in. Send me your word suggestions. We're still we still have time. We're not playing until late twenty, but I will have some breaking Benjamin tickets coming up for you in about twenty minutes, So sit tight for that.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Rock.
Speaker 14: Last, The Morning Show from six to ten am, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, Foo Fighters, and Learn to Fly. Things have been pretty quiet on the Dave grol New Baby infidelity, you know, having a kid out of wedlock. I think it's been crazy quiet. I mean it was pretty loud for a while. No, no, no, for a week. It was loud for a week. And what happens when that something like that comes out, You run the risk of I just always go back to Tiger Woods. When Tiger Woods, when that Perkins waitress, when that Perkins waitress said hey, he had an indiscretion with me. That opened the door to all the other women that said, oh yeah, me too, me too. And then it was you know, it was Tiger's Angels. Every day there was a new girl coming forward, right. You know, I've seen a couple of other things about Dave Grohl, like oh he may have been with this girl and this girl here and then I don't know what carry were was chiming in when you know she dated him back in the day. For the most part, it's been pretty quiet, other than him canceling the tour dates because he doesn't want to handle press. He doesn't want to be out in the public right now when he wants to work on his marriage. I think it's been crazy quiet, right, Yeah, I'm surprised. I mean, he's like one of the biggest rock stars on the planet for.
Speaker 5: Sure, and he's been like pretty much beloved in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Yes, but it.
Speaker 5: Was because of the whole Like, this guy's a family man.
Speaker 4: He loves his wife. He's such a good dad.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying that takes away from him being a dad, but he's definitely.
Speaker 4: Not a good husband. Like he's definitely not a good husband.
Speaker 1: No, not if you have a kid out of wet lock. Like yeah, and that was one that we got the announcement. So all right, food Fighters on hold right now. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. It is throwback Thursday. I asked Alex if you wanted to do some song clips. He said, yeah, let's do it. We're gonna reminisce a little bit about last Saturday, and The Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. I got three bands that we just hung out with last week and Shine Down, Alex you predicted them to win. They're in last place, still very surprised. But when they hear this, well they be for it. Now there comes the chorus. It's a great song. Yeah, it's a great song. Shine Down's got thirteen percent of above.
Speaker 4: They were so bad.
Speaker 1: Lion, all right, what about this sig? Always begging for this good time? I love this band. I love this band. Tyler is funny. I don't know how much of the set you caught, but I mean he's just a funny guy. I got to interact with him a little bit in the green room, and then immediately before they went on and after he's a funny guy, did some crowd work. Yeah, this is the theory of a dead man. Hate my life. They're the only ones that asked for a beer too. They're like, hey, this is the brewery. We get some beers on here, some luxuries. He's like, hey, that's a fine beer. Yeah, So he had a couple of beers up there on stage.
Speaker 11: Ge always welcome back.
Speaker 1: This has got thirty three percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: Don't have a can?
Speaker 9: Why my job on the marriage first side, everyone.
Speaker 1: To the beer.
Speaker 9: Nothing turns out right, there's now anyside mine.
Speaker 1: It's a great song. Come on when in second place? Second first place. Sublime Smoke two joints. We Winnsday, we'd Winnsday, Alex yadd Yeah, dude, Yeady pass it over, my god. Sublime Smoke two joints. Fifty three percent of the vote right now. Uh, those are great songs. Those are great songs.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you want to vote, you vote on the world Famous rod Ryan Show page at the dot com. Uh, it looks like we're going to spend that new Breaking Benjamin song for you again on the flip of this break. The approval rating was through the roof yesterday, maybe one or two if you haven't heard it yet. So I'm excited for you to hear it. We'll play new Breaking Benjamin. We'll give away Breaking Benjamin tickets. Man, stay with us Rock.
Speaker 11: And Alternative The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Six. It's a new one.
Speaker 1: I Ah, that is a new one. Is there a new past the gravy pot up? Yeah, brand new one.
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 4: That's other dudes, Pat.
Speaker 1: Dudes, more dudes, over there dudes on gravy, Yeah, okay, brand new podcast alex is it up on links and guests is okay? Great, you go check go check that out. Hi, good morning everybody, ninety four or five. The buzz is what you're listening to, and we are all appreciative. Ten percent chance of rain, nothing above that. Sunny's guys. Today, cold front continues. Everyone seems to be in a great mood. High of seventy six today it's in the fifties out there. I went without, like, I know, you got all ug booted out and stuff like that. Yeah, ridiculous, so warm. I I was going to go for the hoodie and I said, I'm not gonna want that hoodie. Later I did the same thing, right, So tough it out in the morning a little bit, and then boom, you look like a superstar, like you predicted what was going to happen.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tough anything out anymore. There's no more toughing out.
Speaker 4: For me in life.
Speaker 1: So happy with what we're dealing with now. Those trending please you look at a girl's bog pages doing well.
Speaker 4: You got some city sweeny on there.
Speaker 1: Okay, can we talk about that for just half a second.
Speaker 5: Sure, sure, let's talk about it, because some pictures were leaked and we had kind of started discussing it a little after the show yesterday.
Speaker 3: But what you got.
Speaker 1: I am almost infuriated when, and it seems to be with some of the gals in Hollywood when they say that they went through this massive transformation to be in a movie, and then I go to look at them and they look the same. I will bring up a specific I will bring up Gloria Sophia Rgara. What was it Matilda she was in? Or what was that movie?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a Netflix it was a cartel lady.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, she looked the same to me. She made it seem like she was being so unbelievably brave to put herself out there. She looked the same. I'll tell you this, Sidney Sweeny, she's putting herself out there, she looks like a different human being. She's gonna Selda Griselda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she had a prosthetic nose, and that was an aesthetic nose.
Speaker 1: She still got her boobs all jacked up and everything. She looked the same to me.
Speaker 5: I think it wasn't more when you're used to being very beautiful, and your features are very symmetrical. I think when you do something like that, I think it is to her huge and out of her comfort zone.
Speaker 4: But yeah, to us, we're like you. There was you're just you're hot with with a bigger nose.
Speaker 1: There was a fire. There was a five percent change at most in her appearance.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Sydney, So what do you think? Sidney has a different color, hair, muscles, she put on some poundage.
Speaker 3: She's got to be.
Speaker 1: Twenty pounds heavier. Yeah, you can see her arms and everything. She looks like a different person. I will bring up the movie Monster.
Speaker 5: Oh dude, now we'll always that's like the goated of transformation.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, we're going there. What's her name, Charlie Saron.
Speaker 1: She is maybe the hottest person that's ever walked the earth, and she and for her to transform to the character Monster, that's set, that set the mark, and Sidney Sweeney actually looks different.
Speaker 4: So that's why I'm looking at a girl's dunbpage.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Okay, I like that.
Speaker 5: I like your ranch. This is not very like tighter bright, but it is significant. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles will pay eight hundred and eighty million dollars. They are settling over a thousand child sex abuse lawsuits. The historically large settlement was announced yesterday. It'll compensate thirteen hundred victims. This is the largest single child sex abuse settlement with a.
Speaker 4: Catholic arch diocese ever.
Speaker 11: That is huge.
Speaker 4: News almost put this in headlines today.
Speaker 5: It's not like Tighter Brie, but it is a big happening in our world and a lot of people are talking about it.
Speaker 1: Disgusting.
Speaker 4: It is so gross. It is so gross.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's get back to more of the things that we do. People are voting on the throwback Thursday songs and they are clicking on the Ficstagram Thursday link. That is what's trending on any four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, you have some tickets?
Speaker 7: I do so.
Speaker 5: Breaking Benjamin and Stained and Daughtry will be at Woodlands Pavilion October twenty fourth. We got to listen to some amazing new breaking Benjamin music yesterday. I think the ticket stock just went way up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. If they're gonna be I mean, you know they're gonna include this in their set now that has been released. If you want to go see the Boys on October twenty fourth of the Woodlands. I'll take Caller ten seven one three two one two five nine four five World premiere this one yesterday it's Breaking Benjamin Awaken ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz?
Speaker 17: What what was that?
Speaker 1: That was brand new music from Breaking Benjamin. It's called Awaken. I don't really have much as far as you know, when's the album coming out, what are they and what are they doing. I just know that they're out on tour right now, so they're kind of managing the tour. Let's sell up these remaining shows, Let's give you a taste of what's coming, and then that's really about it. A lot of times when bands will put out a new piece of music, you'll get the full Okay, the album's coming here and you're getting all this stuff here. They didn't really do that yesterday unless I didn't see it, but they didn't do.
Speaker 3: It like that.
Speaker 1: Even on their Instagram with that I was following. They put out the clip of the song and they just said, hey, you know, we're going to release this and this is what you're gonna hear. I resisted hearing the clip just because I wanted to hear the song with you guys. Everyone's still liking it. Yeah, it's good. That's good. It's really good. Hey, good morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 18: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 1: Just asking your name? That's it. I just thought that was an easy one. Good morning.
Speaker 3: I'm just wondering, good morning.
Speaker 1: Do you not want to tell me your name? Are you in the witness Protection program or something?
Speaker 3: Did you not hear my name? My name was RJ.
Speaker 1: Brother. I'm sorry, Oh it's RJ okay, yeah, yeah, no, it got real dark after that. I asked you your name, We didn't hear anything. RJ. Your caller number ten?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah. Breakie Benjamin, which you just heard stained in Daughtry coming up on the twenty fourth at the Woodlands Pavilion. And I think it's one of the last shows of the season, dude, and it's a good one.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: What did you hear the new Breakie Benjamin song?
Speaker 19: I did just now, yes, sir, And I think yesterday'll.
Speaker 1: Play to do yea yea yeah, we did the world premiere yesterday. You like it?
Speaker 10: It sounds kind of like original, so yeah, I really do.
Speaker 1: Actually, all right, bro, I'm glad because you know they're going to put that in their set. Now, congratulations, RJ. Have a great time with that show. Okay, thank you so much, brother, what you thank you?
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 4: Je's nice?
Speaker 1: No, RJ is nice because he's still there. I'm not hanging up on.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, RJ is nice.
Speaker 4: RJ was and continues a bullfrog be nice.
Speaker 19: Where did that come from?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's Jeremiah.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I thought I wrote them.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Jay, I'm gonna think about it.
Speaker 11: You hang on there.
Speaker 1: Can I share with you an email? And I mean it's about to get pretty personal too on this whole thing. But okay, I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there. I've heard of this before. No names, brother Rod, Congratulations on twenty years. I've been listening to the show for about ten now, and it continues to get better. Great team. I have a question for you. Do you think it's normal to sit in your car after you get home from work and decompress. My wife has been doing this for years. She will sit in the car after she pulls in our driveway for up to thirty minutes. Now, both our kids who are driving age do it too. I don't understand it. I want to get out of the truck as soon as I get to the house. My wife says her friend's husband can fall asleep for up to an hour in the car after he gets home in the driveway, the wife has to go out and wake him up. I get it. Some people don't want to walk into the badness of a house. But I can't wait to get out of my car and get immediately inside. Yeah, okay. I had a friend who was married, and I used to use this all the time. This was long before I got married. And he said he would get home and he would sit in his car for up to thirty minutes. He didn't want to go in. She was in there. He didn't want to go in. He didn't want to go in. I think about the song this is super Tramp and the song is called the Long Way Home, Rush to get home, You take the long way home. Yeah, this it reminds me of that. Even in the song it says your wife thinks you've become like the furniture, and he says in the song, she used to be so nice, said damn, but now you take the long way home. So it reminds me of the same scenario. Now he doesn't say that his wife is unhappy or anything. She just likes to decompress in the car. I can tell you when things were going south in my marriage, and I knew that that was inside. I never did it before. I'd pull in, I'd sit there for a minute. Yeah I would, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I mean we've kind of talked about this, like, remember, like we've talked to couples they're like, oh, we've been married.
Speaker 4: For twenty years, it feels like two months.
Speaker 5: You know, and we're like, uh, that sounds like a really good relationship, and then you could be married for one year in like, I feel like I've been married.
Speaker 4: For an eternity.
Speaker 5: I think this is kind of along those same lines where it's if you are so stoked about what's on the other side of that garage or in your house front door. Yeah, like you should be stoked about the life you've built for yourself.
Speaker 4: I mean I think not.
Speaker 5: Every day, because every there's bad days and not everything's perfect, and you need the lows to kind of balance off the highs and appreciate them.
Speaker 1: So he's he's not going there. He's just saying that this is something that my wife does. Yeah, before she gets in the house after the stressful drive, she'll sit.
Speaker 7: In the car.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and now the kids do it.
Speaker 1: That's funny. So it's not coming from him, the guy that emailed me no names. I'm cool with that. Hey, Chili, I'm gonna I'll open up a couple of quick phone lines here, Chili, do you do this? Sit in the car? And again, it's not Miss Christina is an angel, Okay. I imagine that you want to jump right out of your truck to go see her after a long day of spending your mornings with me. Yeah, of course. Nah, you sit in the car and decompress a little bit.
Speaker 3: Not really, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't do this either.
Speaker 16: I don't know about it. I mean, once I get home, I would just want to get home and then just get in the house. Yeah, just get in the house and chill and not do anything or think anything about work or anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, on the phones seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five, anybody in the room doing this.
Speaker 5: I do this before I get to CAPARISI because I know once I get in that building that it is going to be non stop. It is going to be non stop, like go go go, go, go, go, go go go. Yeah, and then yeah, So right before I go.
Speaker 4: In, you sit in the car for take a couple of de breast and I'm like, you've got this how much time? Not tired?
Speaker 1: I mean, are you spending ten minutes in the car before you go in?
Speaker 5: No, So what usually happens is I'll get there. If I get there at like eleven twenty five, I'm like, okay, I'm going in at eleven thirty. If I get there at eleven thirty one, I'll be like, okay, I'm going in at eleven thirty five.
Speaker 4: I give myself like three or four minutes.
Speaker 1: Alex, you got listen again. This is not a bad thing. It's just you go in. You got the kid, you got the wife. Yeah, you just got out of it. I mean, you don't have to deal with a whole lot of traffic. You don't have a much of a long bride. So I was just taking work in the morning. A lot of people to know this book.
Speaker 6: I'm here at two am, and I'm just decompressing about like four then I come in. No, I don't do this at all you like, if I'll respond to like an email or whatever, like, I'll finish it accomplishing something.
Speaker 1: But it's not like to decompress, right, Yeah, Oh, he's excited. You can't wait to get in the house. Got a new kid in there and stuff. I'll wait in the car if like, if there's if I'm if I'm listening to the interview on a radio show podcast and listen to I'll finish that. If I'm listening to talk radio and they're on a topic that I'll enjoy, I'll sit in there. And I've sat in my car for five minutes. But I feel like my neighbors are watching me, like, what's the weirdo doing? You know I'm walking in it's just voody waiting for me. Okay, I guess I'm weird. Mandy, Good morning, Good morning You sitting in your car if you get home in your driveway?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, who is in the house that you're not going in to see immediately?
Speaker 4: It is not that I don't want to go in the house.
Speaker 12: It's as a mother, a wife that works full time, huh, you get very little time to yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And for me, after working all day, I need just a few minutes to myself to get my mind right and to get rid of the stress of the day.
Speaker 4: Before I go in and do the mom and wife than give.
Speaker 1: It's not that I don't want to go in, okay, yeah, sure, And he said the same thing. The emailer is not saying that anything is bad between him and his wife. It's just that's what she does. What is an average time that you'll sit in the car before.
Speaker 6: You go in?
Speaker 4: Fifteen twenty minutes?
Speaker 1: Fifteen twenty minutes. Yeah, okay, you got to keep it now in the summertime, I imagine you got to keep it running with the ac on.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, And so a wife, a mom, and a full time gig girl, Yeah, take your twenty minutes, take your twenty minute, Rebecca, Hi.
Speaker 1: Hi, you do this?
Speaker 8: I do a case.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So kind of the same thing that Tessa said and that Mandy just said, because after work, you know, you need to decompress a little bit before you get into whatever else you're doing. That's NonStop as a mom, and when I used to work in a school, it was like children all day, every day. And so before I went to go pick up my own kids, I needed those few minutes to just like breathe, and then I could hang out with them.
Speaker 1: We we've talked in terms. Also, we just assume that everybody hates traffic, and most people do. But some people will say, listen, the radio's on. That's before I'm going home. Be all the chaos. I don't mind that it takes me forty five minutes to get home, right, I need and that some people are decompressing as they're driving home. I don't know how it. You know what I mean, Driving in traffic is complete chaos. People have tried to explain that to me, and I never realized it until right now, Like that, people just need that little bit of time. Rina, good morning, Good morning guys. We're talking you decompressed. You sit in your car in the driveway before you go in.
Speaker 4: I sure do, right, I've been in m A for almost ten years.
Speaker 20: Like literally, I work in the medical field, and my recent job is working in obi Jin, and sometimes we have very hectic days, you know, and we just need to sit down for a minute and just kind of decompressed. Like everybody's been saying, I have a three year old and I'm I'm married too, and literally I can't go from dealing with babies all day or pregnant women all day to going to a screaming toddler sometimes, so sometimes you just need to sit in that car.
Speaker 15: Let it cool off a little bit.
Speaker 1: Every phone line's running. This is popular.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of women.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of women.
Speaker 3: But I didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see, uh, let's see. Maybe it's wreck Thank you, thank you, Rina, hey Rick, good morning, Hey Ron.
Speaker 3: How are you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 18: You do this?
Speaker 3: No, I don't do this.
Speaker 1: My wife does it now. It's like it's that's.
Speaker 19: Hell she doing and she's like, I need to decompressed. I'm like, from what I'm like, she's staying out with my daughter. Well, if not selling me so much my daughter, I guess my age year old is on her all day and she just think a break, and so she lets flowing into the house and then she sits in the car for thirty minutes and just got social media.
Speaker 5: I think you A lot of women are natural nurtures, so we want to be there for the people we love.
Speaker 4: But like sometimes that pull that tug on you. I mean when I go home, like.
Speaker 5: My mom my, sister, I'm like, oh God, we got good out of here.
Speaker 1: We gotta leave corpus, right, Rick, are you when she's out in the car and are you in the house and you're wondering, Yeah, I'm home. I'm at home with my daughter's home and she's on her iPad. I asked worth moms like, he's in a car. Do you guys ever feel can you not go to like a room? She's doing that because of me. She doesn't want to come in yet and see me.
Speaker 3: Do you live with me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think she needs to break with my daughter. Very good.
Speaker 4: Okay, so tricks, you could not possibly be me.
Speaker 1: And go back to the email where he sent me. He's talking about his wife is doing this, and then it's a learned behavior that kids are now doing it.
Speaker 5: Hey, take care of yourself. Take care of yourself, because you got to take care of number one before you can take care of others. And I find a lot of women are taking care of a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a great, great email today. Thanks for all the calls.
Speaker 11: Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: Four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. I'm over here laughing like an idiot. Yeah, what the hell's so funny that sonds like, what are you laughing about? And I'll read it on the air. I just read this email, and you know, that's like a soft song, and I'm gonna come out here like laughing, like what Rod? What a jacket?
Speaker 5: And I have a very sad story for headlines. But please in the middle of these sad things.
Speaker 1: Okay, a million emails about sitting in the car and decompressing along the lines of the initial email that I sent you. The guy who's talking about his wife sitting in the car for up to a half hour sometimes in between work and going in the house. This is after her commute home. He sent me a pick too. I just dropped off my son at school and I got home. I'm listening to the radio while sitting in the driveway, listening to your story about sitting in the car while I'm sitting in my car.
Speaker 4: That what's up? He said, that's what's up, dude.
Speaker 1: Before he goes in the house. He's listening to us sitting in the He's listening to us talk about sitting in the car while he's doing the exact same thing we're talking about. Wonderful sends me a picture of his coffee. There's his knees, there's the radio on the buzz. He's like, yeah, I'm just letting you know. This is where upsitting like, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going in yet. He then he ends it, fine, I'm going in now. Thank you, Max. That's funny, all right. Super low chances of rain, sunny skies high of seventy six today. We're still in the fifties out there. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: The pop music world is paying tribute to the late Liam Payne. The One Direction star was only thirty one years old when his death was announced yesterday after falling from a Third Fo Hotel balcony in Buenos Aires. Now here's the thing. We have one of our great listeners, Cool Karen. She said, Hey, good morning, beautiful. They are saying that Liam did jump off the balcony, and apparently his mental health struggles were well known, he says. She says, I'm unfamiliar, so I'm just passing this along. So I clicked the link. She says, the new source I use. They're not afraid to go late on stuff. My news source does not want to be first on anything, but you do have Yahoo News tweeting it out saying that there were reports of like just after five pm local time, there was an emergency call from the hotel where he was saying where he was saying, and saying that there was an aggressive man who could be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. So that's kind of they that's kind of correlating to him possibly jumping off the third floor balcony. People in the entertainment world are in shock. People are tweeting out their condolences. Charlie Pooth. You have the One Direction guitarist, and Richard's on his Instagram story that he's still trying to wrap his head around at all. I think that's what most people are doing right now, trying to understand how someone not only so talented, but someone so you know, they're handsome, they're talented, they have what seems to be everything fortunate right.
Speaker 1: Right in front of them. And you said the fame, the fortune, and I'm sure this kid was rich. Stuff doesn't matter, right, Stuff doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: If you're struggling internally, which I think correlates to people, you know, spending an extra five ten minutes in their car trying to get their mind right.
Speaker 18: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that's the big story here in Houston. There was another breaking news story yesterday. Waller County officials are now investigating the cause of an explosion. There was a fire at a propane distribution center in Brookshire. A fire crews responded around one to fifteen yesterday to the Rapid Exchange Propane Center on FM five twenty nine. The building fire and a surrounding grass fire were under control by four pm. There was a man who was injured. He drove himself to the hospital where he is in stable condition. Butter Ball unveiled a new cook from frozen Thanksgiving Day turkey that goes straight from the freezer to the oven, takes five hours to cook, and they claim it tastes.
Speaker 4: Just as good.
Speaker 5: It's for people who want to avoid the disaster for getting the thaw their turkeys out.
Speaker 4: It can take three days or more in the fridge.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of people that have that story of Wow, I didn't think you only get burned on that once. But I think you said it's a big burn, but it's coming up, and it's coming up in your story. It can take three days for that turkey to thaw properly, that's right. So you buy that frozen turkey from your wherever you go to grocery, you know, from the grocery store, and you put it in your refrigerator. Don't think you're just gonna pull that out of the freezer of the night before. If it's a fifteen to twenty pound bird.
Speaker 5: This is a common enough disaster that Butterball has probably heard about, because you remember too how they had that Butterball hotline where.
Speaker 4: You could call with like any issues you were having with your turkey.
Speaker 1: I bet, I bet. The number one question is how could I rapid defrost? What's the rapid defrost right right? What's that outside? Put it in the sun, under a micro under a magnifying glass.
Speaker 5: Okay, So people are like, how can you even do this? Like how can you go straight from freezer to oven? They say, it's especially formulated, Brian, and this is also great for people who don't like touching raw meat, no neck.
Speaker 4: No giblets.
Speaker 5: You always see the videos on turkey on Turkey Day or Thanksgiving week where they're showing their kids like, Okay, this is how we make a turkey, and they're reaching in and they're reaching in and they're bringing out the giblets in the neck, and the kids are like throwing up because.
Speaker 4: They're like, this is how you make our turkey.
Speaker 1: If only we had a turkey video, I know, if only we had something like some viral moment. Its flocked away somewhere. Alex doesn't like it, does.
Speaker 4: It doesn't hit?
Speaker 1: Why is that father yelling at his kid? Is that the short of a full one? It's a couple of different This is the found.
Speaker 4: He's just way what he found.
Speaker 1: This is what he found. All right, first turkey.
Speaker 4: This is just in the time. All right, let's first time frying a turkey.
Speaker 12: Stay inside, please stay inside right now?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, good thanksgiving a video.
Speaker 7: Mom.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm going to the next story now, Okay, talking about the Menanda's brothers. The extended family of the Menanda's brothers, who are the subject of season of the second season of the Netflix crime drama series and Monster, are rallying for their release from California prison. Eric and Lyle Menendas were found guilty of killing their parents in Beverly Hills nearly three decades ago, but they've always maintained they didn't kill their parents for the money, but because their father had been molesting them for years while their mothers stood by him. On Wednesday, relatives of Lyle, who is now fifty six, and Eric, who is now fifty three, demanded their release based on new evidence. They say that the the Los Angeles County GA said that they are reviewing the case. The Vegas Police Department has issued a statement on the shooting of former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Jake E Lee on Tuesday while he was walking his dog. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of new information on the statement other than there have been no arrests made so far. You do have Ozzy Osbourn chiming in saying it's been thirty seven years since he's seen jake E Lee, but it doesn't take away from the shock of hearing what happened to him, just another senseless act of gun violence. He sends his thoughts to his beautiful daughter, to him and his beautiful daughter. He just hopes he's okay. And that was a statement that Ozzie shared to TMZ. Those are Houston's headlines go.
Speaker 1: Ahead out last night.
Speaker 6: In the MLB playoffs, the Dodgers bought the Mets eight to nothing to take a two games to one lead in the NLCS.
Speaker 1: Today, Yankees and Guardians are going to play Game three.
Speaker 6: Of the ALCS. That'll start at four to eight and you can watch it on TBS. Then at seven o eight, it's gonna be Game four between the Mets and Dodgers. That game is going to be on FS one on Thursday Night Football, we'll get Alvin Kamara and the Saints hosting Bonix and the Broncos. Broncos are three point favorites coming into this game. Kickoffs at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video. In basketball, Rockets are gonna be at home tonight. They're gonna host the Spurs in a preseason game. Tip Off is at seven o'clock and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and on the sports blog page Today do it.
Speaker 1: We got a goalie goal? Yeah, we got a goalie scoring a goal. Philip Goussifs in of the Wild squored an empty netter.
Speaker 6: Against the Saint Louis Blues. It's the coolest thing happens in hockey, dude. It's coast to coast, like buttered toast. Yeah, coast to coast like peanut butter and toast. Go check it out, sports blog page, Shit.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six.
Speaker 1: Am ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Half what part of the show pabout halfway pointment? See their two remedy. All right, throwback third let's kind of catch you up on everything that's going on here. Throwback Thursday. Yeah, I would say it's low votes. See if we are at the halfway point of the show, it's low votes. Then today's Throwback Thursday songs Shine Doown in first place? Who predicted that?
Speaker 16: Me?
Speaker 1: Okay, forty four percent want Shine Down, thirty one percent wants Sublime, Smoke two Joints, Surprise Chee Chain voting for that one, and then Theory of a dead Man's in the last place with just twenty four percent of the vote. So Sublime was in first place. It's still about fifty votes separating everybody, so things can move around. The winning song is not going to be played until around nine to thirty. So that's Throwback Thursday, and it is kind of a reflection on what just happened on Saturday out there at the Carbock Brewery. I was just talking about it links and guests and looking at what you guys are looking at fix the Graham Thursday is our number one link today. Looking at Girls is the number two link today, and it's coming on strong. Just because, I mean, Sidney Sweeney is kind of like an it girl in Hollywood right now, and she's awesome. I love her just because I want euphoria and I feel like that's where she really started to make a name for herself and now she's everywhere. I am infuriated when the Internet tells me that a celebrity like they go from a center part to a side part and then the headline is Chloe Kardashian unrecognizable. No, she parted her hair two inches to the one side. I recognize that.
Speaker 3: I know who that is.
Speaker 1: I am recognizing exactly who that is. She is not unrecognizable in this case, Sidney Sweeney. I know it's her, but she really is going through some sort of a transformation. Yeah. I think I saw a documentary on this boxer. Wasn't she like the first woman on the cover of Sports Illustrated and then she killed her husband? Is this the girl that she's portraying in this movie?
Speaker 4: I think I know it's a boxer.
Speaker 1: So see, so Sidney Sweeney super hot. This boxer, sorry, was not super hot. So what are you going to do to Sidney Sweeney to to make her fit for this role?
Speaker 4: Andy Martin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the name boxer, Christy Martin. I would say, Sydney Sweeney looks she's got number one. She's known as a blonde. She's got brown, curly hair. It's a mullet because it's of the time that the woman was boxing or boxing. And she's got to have twenty five pounds on her. Yeah, and it's not in her gut. Okay, like she's got arms, she's got muscles. Sidney Sweeney was skinny, you know, she was like skinny with big boobs. She's got to have twenty pounds of bulk on her right now.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying she's unrecognizable, but this is something. This is a transformation. Yeah, and this isn't her with all the makeup. Remember we saw zac Efron. We saw like a picture of him coming out of the trailer, and I don't think that we knew that he was doing Iron Claw yet, but he had that weird eighties haircut like a bowl with the Bangs and he was this he was bigger than we had ever seen him before, Like, what is he doing? What role is this? And it was to play one of the Von Erics. You know, he looked different in the Von eric movie in the Iron Claw movie. So I think a lot of people are kind of going to look at that. She looks very different in the upcoming movie about real life boxer Christy Martin.
Speaker 5: So Christy Martin was actually attacked by her husband.
Speaker 4: So she was left for dead by her husband. She was like, he stabbed her, he attacked her, And so that's the story, not the other way around, because there is.
Speaker 1: There is a there's a woman that of the same era that the husband was the manager and she used to like wrestle people in the living room, right, she was a real wrestler.
Speaker 4: Was the Netflix you got me to watch it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That was a Netflix documentary. And I think she was a bodybuilder.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, I thought maybe those two stories were the same.
Speaker 5: But no, no, no, Christy Martin was an actual like she was like a champion, Like she had a stupendous she was a professional boxer who had a crazy record, and I believe her her husband was just really abusive.
Speaker 4: We're thinking about Killer Sally. Killer Sally was a Netflix documentary I made you watch and she was good. That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Dudes would like pay her money to wrestle her in the living room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she bought all her husband's steroids. He was like addicted to the bodybuilding.
Speaker 1: I love documentary. Hey guys, that's read my lips? Music? Do I are we playing?
Speaker 4: I gotta get my mind right. I need ten minutes in the car.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back. I don't have enough words. I don't have enough words to play right. I need okay, I need you to email me words suggestions right now. I need you to stop what you're doing and email me some words that you think would be great right now. All right? Not enough words?
Speaker 15: Set it right now.
Speaker 1: Rod at the buzz dot com. Two people in this room are laughing. Alex is not. He doesn't. It's like, I don't not sink it's funny.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: He making sure he doesn't. He doesn't understand how a parent could ever yell at a child. He yelled at I was. He's never seen it before, he's never been on the receiving end.
Speaker 4: I have a he stood seven those words right now.
Speaker 1: He doesn't. That's funny.
Speaker 4: He's fake.
Speaker 1: Stop yelling. Stop yelling, Jack. I'm now on email me. I'll go through. I'll have enough words. I have just enough right now, but I can interchange some good ones. Chile is taking on Tessa. They're gonna try to win your pit. Tickets to the sold out Corn Show coming up, Houston's.
Speaker 11: Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show twenty four to five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. You guys, oh, you guys. Use guys, You're so good. I said I needed some words about fifty emails. Come porn in with great word suggestions. I got enough for next week's game already. This is an email from Daniel Whistlin, Bunghole, Spleen Splitters, Whisker Biscuits, Honky Lighters, Whosker Duos, Whosker don'ts see where this is going, Cherry Bombs, Nipsy Dazers, Scooter Stick, Whistland, Kitty Chaser. You know that is no Joe Dirt as Joe dirt and he's yelling at the fireworks stand. Guy.
Speaker 4: Sorry you made sorry, Sorry, I don't have it.
Speaker 5: I'll memorized like you guys and sorry, my segment trending is coming.
Speaker 1: Out, and tell me you don't have any get whistling bungholes?
Speaker 3: Call you do it?
Speaker 4: What's trending?
Speaker 7: Alex?
Speaker 1: You not getting the joke?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: What is trending?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm so glad you asked.
Speaker 5: Did you see this viral video of Rihanna's song so os just being eighties titles that are all strung together?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's an old song and she's just finally now coming out saying nobody got it.
Speaker 4: Nobody The writer came out and said, no one ever figured this out.
Speaker 1: It blew me away. This is this is a song? Was this a cover?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 4: So that song so O s.
Speaker 5: All the lyrics are like take me on, I Melt with you, head over heels, the Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson. It was all eighty songs, Tainted Love, I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight.
Speaker 1: She just used all of those titles in like the one verse, and no one ever said, wow, it's all eighty songs. Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's yes, it's a really really interesting it was it was.
Speaker 4: A recent interview, done it was very very clever.
Speaker 5: Also, if I go over to links and guests, Instagram is still doing well, looking of girls, still doing well, People still voting on the throwback Thursday, And I mean it's kind of it's it's just Liam Payne everywhere. Ten million plus searches on Google. That and the Kamala interview from last night on Fox.
Speaker 1: That's all my freaking Twitter was. And it was like, I don't care about about it.
Speaker 4: That's what's trending on Edyico five of us.
Speaker 1: It's time to read my looks. I got tons of words. Thank you, thank you. Chili is going to play the game today. Tessa is going to play the game today. Is that right, Alex, you're timekeeping. I'm so stoked excited about that. Not having to play this game. Okay, you're in the lead on the year. I don't care.
Speaker 4: It's not for long. Not for long.
Speaker 15: Start tearing right now.
Speaker 1: See he thought that was a horrible thing.
Speaker 4: I laughed at it.
Speaker 1: You didn't laugh. You're not hard on YouTube. He's lying. If you want Chile or Tessa to be on your team, you call seven one three two two five nine four five and we'll play. Read my lips for sold out corn tickets and super sold out pit passes to that sold out show.
Speaker 11: Twenty years So Mayham in the morning with the run Ryan Show only on ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five of us, It's Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, pod Youth of the Nation. Listen. I like all the AGB commercials and I'm sure you guys love Fat Joe, I'm all the way, I'm a whatever song that is they're using pod boom right now with using the Texans, Yeah, and let me tell you, automatically, it becomes the best, the best HIV commercial. I'm thrown with all the astros. Did it in Spanish?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Is Gregman and mccullor is also speaking Spanish the whole time too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah's great Spanish.
Speaker 1: But just using that it's my favorite pod song. Sorry Chili, but it's my favorite pod song. But using that in that HGV spot is killer. Hey, Chili's right here? Are you out today?
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'm gonna be at the pet Boys on the North Side today doing a monster jam tailgating party.
Speaker 1: Are you with Sparkle Smash?
Speaker 3: Sparkle Smash?
Speaker 1: This is my kid's gonna be so jealous.
Speaker 4: You have bearing the lead on that, Bro.
Speaker 21: I know it's gonna be at the pet Boys on one O two seventy five North Freeway.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're out there. I don't even know the driver's name, but the truck is just something that like, kids are gonna lose their mind over. I mean, my kid is losing her mind over this.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of losing my mind on where it just because that's so much hype on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of hype. Okay, cool, go see Chili today. All right, you're playing, bro, You're in You're in game roade. It's time to get my lips.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, I'm where is Sparkle smash movement is?
Speaker 1: Nothing can stop me. I'm all aware taking on Tesla. Sorry Tesla, you don't have your own music?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry me too.
Speaker 1: Who's the returning champion? Met? I haven't played this song. We do have a song for you.
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 1: We have time? Why not due? It is the best song ever just for you. Somebody said this to me a while ago, Wow.
Speaker 9: The bay.
Speaker 4: Nothing has ever made me happier.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It does have her own song.
Speaker 4: That song has a video. It's very good.
Speaker 1: Hey justin good morning, good morning, Hey, man. Who's playing for you today?
Speaker 7: Cheery Chile.
Speaker 1: That means Daniel, Good morning, Daniel, good morning, just Dallas Daniel, Yes, Dallas Daniel. Probably some evil can evil beers as a gift for my twentieth anniversary. Thank you, Daniel. You didn't have to do that.
Speaker 4: It's so nice.
Speaker 1: You're on the team testa today. Who's chiming in back?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's my I'm gonna put it on mute.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 1: We're waiting on my kids school. That's all good, that's justin. You're a little kid. What's your kids name?
Speaker 3: Gambit?
Speaker 1: Hey, Gambit?
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 15: Where's Dandelf?
Speaker 16: Hi?
Speaker 1: Okay, mister Chili's in here, and he might say some bad words, so I'm sorry, don't say bad words Chili.
Speaker 15: Okay, I'll be good. I'm gonna lose because your daddy didn't pick me.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, who's going first?
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. With my new music, I'm I'm going to win today.
Speaker 3: Well you want you're the champions? You want to do?
Speaker 4: Chili?
Speaker 1: The question I asked?
Speaker 4: Sorry, Sorry, I forgot Chilie.
Speaker 3: Now you know when nobody made it? All right?
Speaker 1: Little kids listening, clean it up? All right, get the family show hold on, we have some Oh god, I'm just looking at the words. Oh God, get those kids. Get some meer muffs. That's what you get for doing God, those poor kids. All right, justin, please turn it down.
Speaker 3: When I have to use your phone. Alex here here, okay, I usually have.
Speaker 1: Way to get things set up beforehand.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Sorry, well he did have it. He just didn't realize that was gonna mess up on that.
Speaker 4: It's the new Sultan's curse.
Speaker 3: It doesn't working with the old headphones.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Keep buying them, guys, Keep buying them. Guys, you're making me lots of money. I did it from my apple Stock. All right, Chili, get those headphones in.
Speaker 3: We're good. There's rue.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, we're not.
Speaker 3: You only have one in. I'll only hear you with one here anyways.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, here we go, Alex, you're time keeping. I'm gonna say the word twenty seconds. He's gonna try to figure out what the word I'm saying. Good God, I hope that kid's not listening. I've looked at the first word and I'm like horrified. Thanks Heather Combs up, thumbs up, triple Wiener trip.
Speaker 15: I'm thinking of the little kid in the car.
Speaker 1: Man Triple Weianer, triple triple, triple Winnie, like a triple Wiener, like triple Weener.
Speaker 4: Yeah, say say you guys.
Speaker 15: I'm trying not to say something else.
Speaker 1: That's why triple Wiener.
Speaker 4: Why am I cheering for him?
Speaker 1: Because he's a lovable guy?
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Nine full disclosure. I had this story this morning.
Speaker 4: He did not send it to me.
Speaker 1: I did not send it to you. I said, I still wanted people to click on it, but I didn't. I wasn't going to force you to talk about that. Well, triple Wiener all on your own.
Speaker 4: Consider it's done all on your own.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. He's probably thinking that he could take the ear muffs off of the kid. No is a gambit, Gambit, gambit.
Speaker 4: Little baby gambit.
Speaker 1: Don't listen to this, uh jingle Blake who has just a weird mind, thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's roll.
Speaker 17: Crap nugget, crap donkey, crap nugget, crap crap nugget, crap lun case, crap nugget, crap Johnson crap nugget, crap junkage crap nugget crap junkage.
Speaker 1: It's time, it's time, It's time. It's don.
Speaker 5: Crab juggage, Grab, grab a nugget, Oh nuggets.
Speaker 1: Shingle Blake, it's jingle Blake.
Speaker 4: It's shingle Blake.
Speaker 1: Can we get something that's not dirty? Please ask your friends? Okay, don't listen to them. You did a great job sending me words today. Guys did a wonderful job. Okay, here we go, Uh Todd, why is that carpet wet combs up? Let's go all right? Playing for Justin this morning. I'm sure he wanted Alex to get this as pless puff pass, muff bag, puff pass, puff pass, puff pass? Boy got.
Speaker 18: You like that?
Speaker 1: Cheech? I like that he got it. I like that you know that I'm talking to you when I say cheach, I like you know exactly.
Speaker 11: What you're speaking to A.
Speaker 4: What did you say, muff bag?
Speaker 1: Gambit's in the car. Yeah, kids in the call My eye got her.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Justin that kid still listening. Yeah he is, damn it. Sorry, Gambit. His mom mom talks like that. Okay, he's used to it. He's used to crap nuggets. All right, this is for Dallas Daniel. Now the team Tessa. All right, Daniel, here we go, good luck, here we go. Thomas sent us this was sent in by a lot of people today.
Speaker 3: Okay, should be foreign thumbs up.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, there we go. Robot finger.
Speaker 4: I was just pretending to be one of these robot finger.
Speaker 1: Robot finger.
Speaker 15: Sounds weird this.
Speaker 3: She's doing a robot dance before.
Speaker 1: Robot finger.
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a AI prostate prostate checks now. No robot fingers in.
Speaker 3: My brown nugget aker.
Speaker 1: Uh Sean, thank you for sending this in. I guess everybody's still thinking about well, I'll just leave it at that. Thumbs up. Michael sent this one in Thong Bong what song thong ball? Thong bong dong bom thong bom bomb fired today, Chili.
Speaker 15: I mean must have gotten that rusty trambone yesterday.
Speaker 1: Is that a thing? Is a thong bong?
Speaker 22: A thing?
Speaker 1: Chili?
Speaker 3: I never?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Alex, Alex, you know what this is. I would not know what's a bomb. I don't know. Tell me after the show. I will not because I don't know what it is. So you don't know what it is, meaning you do know what it is, and you tell me after the show. Okay, you guys are tired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, him, is this one or we go to overtime?
Speaker 1: Sean sent this in.
Speaker 3: Thong bong. Never heard of it.
Speaker 1: Me neither.
Speaker 3: I'm not cool me neither.
Speaker 1: I don't hang with the cool kids.
Speaker 3: Thumbs up ready only no peer bongs Vier?
Speaker 1: Did I say, Sean? Or Havier? Did I say yet? Hobbier sent this in little heavy heavy? All right, here we go.
Speaker 23: Pumper Nickel, mumbo jumbo, pumper nickel, mumbo nickel, pumper Nickel, humper nickel.
Speaker 1: She got one word, winner, all right, I don't care winner.
Speaker 4: That's one word, uh, pumper nickel, humper nickel.
Speaker 1: Is that the bread they put out it o'bck the brown bread.
Speaker 4: Log of I think it is.
Speaker 15: They have like a pumper nickel bread, But I don't think it's that bad.
Speaker 1: That brown Now that the brown loaft they bring you is pumper nickel.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 3: Us?
Speaker 15: Like a wheat? Yeah, it's like a bread though.
Speaker 4: Either way, it's delicious and I won I need.
Speaker 1: Outback online one immediately. What is that brown bread?
Speaker 3: You should know days.
Speaker 1: Dallas Daniel is the winner today, Daniel there for.
Speaker 5: Oh you it is my pleasure to give you these pit tickets to corn Goes.
Speaker 11: You're a spirit box.
Speaker 4: Damn you guys are gonna be there this Sunday. Congratulations, awesome, thank you so much. Oh, you're welcome so much.
Speaker 1: All Right, Alex, help me out over here. We're gonna go into a break here. We're just getting into this crazy We're gonna get into this crazy nine o'clock hour where you have a chance at one thousand dollars Alternative Income National Contest alter Ego Festival. Closer to around nine point thirty, we'll get you in to see Offspring and Incubus and all those other great bands. We'll give you a chance at that, and then we're gonna leave you with Deftones tickets on know the show that's just in the nine o'clock hour, the last hour of the show doing more than the four hour of their turns on the radio in this market.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four or five, the Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Lincoln Park eight point fifty one, and everybody seems to be enjoying this cold front door. I mean, bugs in my house, bugs everywhere like the mosquitoes didn't leave from Tuesday to Wednesday, still hanging out. So they were still hanging out. But I still wanted all the doors open in my house. So I got bugs everywhere. It doesn't matter. Yeah, I wanted the doors open. I wanted fresh air. I have a cool day out there. The high today of seventy six one final time Houston's headlines please Onlookers.
Speaker 5: Have been gathering outside the Buenos Aires hotel where a former One Direction band member Liam Payne fell from a balcony to his death. We have reports saying that he actually is reported to have jumped to his death. Ban started to show up after the news of his death spread, and they have set up a vigil to him. The circumstances were under investigation, but the more details that we get it seems to be that he took his own life. This is someone who, apparently, after doing some research, did struggle with some mental health issues. It's really it's really a sad situation. It's really left the pop music world, the music world in its entirety, in shock.
Speaker 4: He was so young.
Speaker 5: He has been a part of the one of the highest selling boy bands of all time. One Direction has sold over seventy million records worldwide before they broke up in twenty sixteen. Okay, let's talk about the Federal Trade Commission.
Speaker 18: What is on?
Speaker 4: What is on right now? What am I hearing?
Speaker 1: I don't know how on an your computer? Is it mine?
Speaker 4: No, it's it's our backfeet there it is okay.
Speaker 5: The Federal Trade Commission is making it easier to cancel digital subscriptions. It announced it would soon put in place a final click to Cancel rule. It would require sellers to make it as easy for consumers to cancel their enrollment as it was to sign up.
Speaker 4: The chair of the FTC said that the rule will end.
Speaker 5: Businesses tricks and traps, saying they make people jump through endless hoofs just to cancel a subscription. Breeta La is adding twenty percent. We have more chips to some of its bags. After years of.
Speaker 4: Complaints about trinkflation.
Speaker 5: A stud You've done in twenty twenty one found that one version of Tostitos had dropped from thirteen ounces a bag to eleven.
Speaker 4: Another dropped from twelve to eleven.
Speaker 5: There were similar issues with ruffles, which are also free too lay so the company has revealed a plan to add more chips in their quarterly earnings call. They use the term bonus bags. It's not happening with all their products, Tostido's ruffles and Gridos. We're all mentioned by name, though it sounds like it might just be their jumbo bags and then for a few products that are popular with football fans. So some of the variety packs are getting bigger. Ones that are normally have sixteen bags will now have eighteen. And they're also only selling the new bonus bags that select locations.
Speaker 4: No word on which ones yet. We're all unique individuals, but some of us more than others.
Speaker 5: Doctors in the UK announced the second ever recorded case of trifailure.
Speaker 1: Oh triple wiener. What was the word today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a That was a Wien word.
Speaker 5: This is when a man has not one, not two, but three units below the belts. Okay, they found out about it after this guy died, so they wouldn't have found out about it if this guy hadn't donated his body to Signs eighty, a seventy eight year old man.
Speaker 1: No, wait, before we go any further, isn't like three like you're okay, you're calling them units? Yeah, Okay, these appendages, these three units aren't all out like utters. No, there's just one unit out and the other two are like yeah, insigne.
Speaker 5: This is why it's a breaking new story. It wasn't like, hey, dude with three weeds donates his body to science. He only could see the one, but he had two internal which could have caused complications with him. So there have only been one hundred recorded cases of diphilia.
Speaker 4: That's when you have two units. So this like two extra appendages. This is this is why it's breaking news, guys. This is why we have a blog page.
Speaker 5: It is possible none of the three units worked because, as I mentioned, well, if he had like Erechtel dysfunction, it would maybe effect all three of them. If you got UTIs, it could have affected all three.
Speaker 1: He donated for a reason. He knew something was up, something was He's like, hey, listen, there's some extra stuff down there. I don't know what it is. Check it out after I'm gone.
Speaker 4: Stern Pinball has released Metallica Pinball.
Speaker 5: They actually released the original one in twenty thirteen and it wound up being one of the.
Speaker 4: Most successful pinball machines.
Speaker 5: In history that I bought now it's back as Metallica remastered.
Speaker 4: This features a full color LCD.
Speaker 5: Screen that shows all new animations and even live concert videos.
Speaker 3: BRD.
Speaker 5: You gotta get the upgraded machine, no doubt. It includes expanded gameplay and twenty two songs, which is eight more than your original machine has.
Speaker 4: That's that's a decade old. You gotta resell it. You sell that one, and then you upgrade.
Speaker 5: There's only five hundred units globally, so when you've tried to buy this, you might run into some bidding stuff, but you'll be fine.
Speaker 4: You get it. You'll have the latest Metallica pinball. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: I think there's only five hundred. I bought the Master of Puppets edition that was like the highest end one. I think there was only five hundred of those. It's stamped. It's right on there.
Speaker 4: Maybe he's just gonna be worth more now that this new one's up. Make that a vintage, all right?
Speaker 1: What you got, Alex?
Speaker 6: Last night in the MLB Playoffs, the Dodgers blew out the Mets eight to nothing to take a two games one lead in the NLCS. Today, Yankees and Guardians are gonna play Game three of the Alcs. That'll start at four oh eight and you can watch it on TVs. Then at seven o eight it's Game four between the Mets and Dodgers. That game is gonna be on FS one on Thursday Night Football. Alvin Kamara and the New Orleans Saints host Bo Nicks and the Denver Broncos. Broncos are three point favorites in that game. Kickoff is at seven to fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video. In basketball, the Rockets are gonna be at home tonight. They're gonna host the Spurs in a preseason game. Tip office at seven and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, all right.
Speaker 14: Guys Houston for Houston's Alternative and helm Oft the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 7: The buzz.
Speaker 1: Bus as eg Gibus and Drive is a part of that.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, good job company that I work for that. I heart Alter Ego, Festival Cage, the Elephant, Glass Animals, Lumineers, Offspring, Incubus, Saint Vincent, Head in the Heart, and the guy that's the lead singer of the band Moniskin. They're all going to be playing early June. January. January is the first month of the year.
Speaker 4: Are you going to go to that?
Speaker 1: You know what, Here's what I was gonna do. Wizard's gonna be here today. He wasn't here for Bosses Day yesterday. There was his loss. There was some kind of you know, because Wizard's got a boss, and then that boss has a boss, and I think it's like that in most places. But they were doing something for the bosses at nine thirty yesterday for Bosses Day. There were maybe mimosas and some treats and things that were laid out on the table, and they chose to do it at nine thirty. I didn't feel invited. I didn't feel invited to that.
Speaker 4: Why because your show's on at nine thirty? Were working at nine thirty, like even you're working ob even other.
Speaker 1: Shows like why not at ten? You know, I would have liked the little uh you know, prosecco.
Speaker 4: No, you love prosecco.
Speaker 1: I love prosecco. I don't know what they were serving, but that would have been nice. All right. Well, you were asking if I'm going not on the company's dime, I'm not important enough. I am not going. My heart's not going to put me up, give me a room and all that. What I'm hoping for is maybe Wistard can make a call and get some tickets to it, and then I'll have to go get the airfare in the hotel. Yeah, so I would like to go to that show. It's really really well done. Sonny's guys today, low chances of rain, high of seventy six, Shine Down in the lead, lower votes today, Guys, what's going on?
Speaker 4: What the heck?
Speaker 1: What is going on here with the lower votes? I mean, you know, it's it's okay. I mean last week at this time we had two thousand votes. We have seven hundred and seventy four votes. Shine Down fifty percent of the votes, Sublime, smoke two J's twenty nine percent of the vote. Theory of a dead man twenty percent of the vote. Guys, it could swing, It could swing by by nine point thirty today. A couple of things. This is hard for me to believe. They asked three thousand Americans, are you generally enjoying this election season? Or do you wish it was over? The results sixty seven percent say they can't wait till it's over. That's me. It's too much. It's too much. It doesn't mean I'm not going to vote. It doesn't mean I'm not going to get involved. It's just the non stop barrage. Is that the right word? Sure of commercials and advertising and everything, it's just NonStop. You're trying to watch your favorite football team or something. You're just trying to like get away from the world and put reality on hold and watch something on TV. And then I got Colin Allred yelling at me. You know, we're talking abortion ten in between NFL court it's cruise. You got to mention them all. So sixty seven percent say that they can't wait for it to be over. You can count me in on that. Twelve percent not sure. Twenty one percent. One in five Americans say they are sad that the election season is coming to it and why there's people that enjoy it. That's just the one thing You've got to realize. There's people that enjoy it.
Speaker 4: They must write with all the things, because that's what pay like. If if no one was watching it, it wouldn't be wall to wall coverage. People are enjoying it. That blows my mind.
Speaker 1: Well, hang on a second, what you're talking about. I agree with, but I think there's hate watching going on. So I think watch, but I don't know that I know somebody that enjoys it, and they're one in five people are sad that when they touch talk about how many days there are until the election, they're getting sad about it, like it's going to go away. Okay, that's fine. Everybody likes different things. But the one thing that I can't wrap my head around, Oh my god, rod Ryan Show's talking politics, not really in that term. What I can't wrap my head around is if it's CNN or Fox or any of the other ones. It doesn't matter when you tell me that you have a room full of undecided voters and you talk to them after, whether it's a debate or something. I don't believe that there's somebody walking around right now undecided. I don't believe it. Yeah, and not for one second. I'm not saying that you love the candidate that you're going to vote for, or there's people out there that won't vote. But I don't buy someone that is planning on voting and telling me right now that you're undecided. Let's just talk to presidential election. I don't believe you that you're undecided? What heven't you heard from these two of people talking to you about being undecided? Exactly that right there?
Speaker 6: All I need to ask me who I want to vote for, and I'll bring up a couple of points that I think that our original, but everybody else also has heard these points.
Speaker 1: You're a great accent, okay, and we're only talking about people that are planning on voting. That's it.
Speaker 15: I get it.
Speaker 1: I know that there's a bunch of you that said I'm not doing this. Do you believe that there's somebody that is going to vote in the presidential election? Do you believe that there's somebody that's undecided at this point with these two candidates being so opposite, Do you think that there's somebody that just, you know what, it's gonna be a game day decision. When I get in there. Somebody looks like in a coma right now. Maybe it's somebody that like is sleeping, yeah yeah, yeah, and then they wake up on the day off. Do you make a choice.
Speaker 5: I do think that there are people who say, God, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Who I like less like, I don't know who I like less like.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's that like that, but I do think there are people are like.
Speaker 4: Okay, who do I hate less?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe that's it.
Speaker 5: Now, I got to figure it out because I kind of equally hate both of them.
Speaker 4: I think that's more common.
Speaker 1: Think of it that way.
Speaker 4: That's the only way I think of it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, before somebody, before somebody starts yelling at me that we're going politics on this show, we certainly are not. We are not at all. I just I am amazed that there's somebody that's just I mean, if your name's not Brett Behar, I get it, Brett Bear is probably having a great time. Okay, Okay, I get it. But there's there's somebody out there that's listening to the show saying, Rod, I'm gonna be so sad when this is over. I'm gonna be so I'm gonna miss the signs in the yards. I'm gonna miss the commercials. I'm gonna miss the people standing on the corner of the gallery of signs. I'm gonna miss all. I'm gonna so miss it. Rod, Please stop talking about it, because it's it's coming too quick. It's happening too soon for me. Whatever, you're into man. I'm good with that. I'm good with that. I'm just glad you're listening to us. Please, we're gonna talk about that alter ego. That was the one that Tessa was asking about. Am I going yeah, if I pay, awesome?
Speaker 4: Are you taking the team?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, if you pay?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take you if you pay for everything?
Speaker 4: No, what take me means you pay?
Speaker 1: That's not how it works. That's not how it works here, Casey yellophant class animal luminars. We're gonna get to that coming up just a little bit.
Speaker 7: You have that.
Speaker 1: We're doing it this week, right all this week? Yeah, okay, come on, Madge is coming up after you. Yeah, are you ready to go?
Speaker 18: Do you?
Speaker 1: I am ready?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: You gotta new podcast the other thing also, but now I'm ready to do this thing. You got a new podcast up, brand new podcast, Past.
Speaker 6: The Gravy, number five eighty seven called Slender Witch. We came up with hybrid Halloween monsters, pretty crazy, talking about Christopher Columbus shields. Why isn't the Army you shields anymore? It just seems like they kind of just disappeared, were using Chinese food and we got into football and a little baseball talk.
Speaker 4: Good stuff. Ali, sit on your shields because.
Speaker 1: We don't throw rocks at each other in wary.
Speaker 19: You can stop.
Speaker 6: Like you can make bulletproof shields, like they have riot shields for police, Like, why don't we use those in combat?
Speaker 1: You just make those? Huh, I don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm sure you could get a good I'm not a required person, but I think a smart person could do that.
Speaker 1: Have you mapped out when episode six hundred is we're podcast. We're working on the spectacular right now. So we right, but you think it's gonna hit February, it'll be right about February. Yeah, you can do something big for six hundred, We got it. Yeah, we've always done a live episode, except independently.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, well here online it's.
Speaker 1: Alix Online ninety four five the muz All right, what you got? All right?
Speaker 6: Today's aol is a very simple one. It's called bubble Pop. And all you're doing is just popping some bubbles that are floating around you. Not there's no score, you can't win, you can't lose. It's just kind of a satisfying feeling of just you know, click the click, the bubble and it pops the bubble, It pops bubble. This bubbles popped and popping. So many bubbles right now. And when you're done with it, you refresh and you pop the bubbles again.
Speaker 1: Are you going to do it? Into your uh, into your.
Speaker 6: Nice and relaxed we go check out bubble Pop its well fis road Rye showpage, the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: That's really good, Rod, proud of you.
Speaker 1: Like a human sound effects machine. Okay, thank you, Alex. It's just the alter ego thing. This is, guys, take me with you if you win, now your chance of a drip toord iHeart Radio Alter Ego. The next the.
Speaker 11: Nationwide g word rock to the number two hundred, two hundred. You'll get a confirmation sext and info. Standard data and message rates apply in this nationwide contest. That's rock Town two hundred.
Speaker 7: Prove back first.
Speaker 1: Ninety four the Buzz Would you put that back in Rome?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please, thank you? Ninety four five the Bucks. Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. That's the Gorillas de la Sola's on that track. It's called feel Good Ink. Okay. So the song is playing and I'm getting ready to you know, I'm running to the bathroom. It's a three minute song. It's a good one. I got plenty of time there, Yes, and I'm walking out and you just go it is good, And I said stop, I stopped. I stopped. I go, Wait a minute, is that what they say? I thought it was just going.
Speaker 4: The song is called feel good ink.
Speaker 10: I know that.
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just put it together, so.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: It's feel good.
Speaker 4: I think, are they hang out?
Speaker 1: He's saying feels good there, feel feels feel feel It's called feel good ink topic nobody talk way one more time?
Speaker 3: See that one was just.
Speaker 1: Also feel good?
Speaker 4: Sing it, Alex?
Speaker 1: Okay. I heard that one, feel feel good, Alex to sing it? Okay. I didn't know they were saying that, Alex, you got to.
Speaker 5: Practice for the natal anthem's practicing.
Speaker 6: And today year old, today's year old? That they say feels good. I know the name of the song, okay.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of songs that the title doesn't match the chorus already. I wonder why they name it that. Yeah, it's just like a feel good song. It's feel good incorporated. You know they don't say this is good ink, this is good?
Speaker 7: Do they.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna kick you like this mule in this Three things you must see today. There's an island off of Maryland and they have wild horses. There are places Fatigue and Acidtigue Island Island. I've been there. Okay, why no, my dad is from Maryland. These are wild horses in this day and age, not dvances with wolves time. There are places that buffalo roam this country and there are places where wild horses still room. They must be protected. You can't go out and shoot one can and like kind of like swim a little bit. Okay, So yeah, because there's a beach ye and you gotta leave alone. You go look at him?
Speaker 3: Have you seen him?
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 1: I was a little kid when we went. My grandparents used to take us when we go. I got a guy in espeedo. I got a guy in aespiedo on the beach trying to pet one and it kicks him right in the junk.
Speaker 6: A wild stallion. Because wild horses, these horses want to be tamed. They've seen their tamed brother in and they're like, that's not me, not me. I know what you're gonna do. You made me work.
Speaker 1: So where is it that those influencers take pictures with those big pigs with the black spots.
Speaker 4: On the Bahamas firefest especially, Yeah, Bahamas.
Speaker 1: Do they really roam there or they put there?
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know if they were put there the originally.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely out of control over there.
Speaker 6: Okay, a lot of these start like probably I would imagine that somebody at some point was like, we should leave some horses here, this is cool, and then there, Wow, there's a lot of horses now horses start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well, if you want to see a guy in a speedo get kicked in the junk by a horse, I have that for you on three things you must see today. Thank you. And then Alex knows.
Speaker 6: All about it except for the junk and the spas and the clams on Shin continu Nasty Island are fantastic.
Speaker 4: Wow, Alex, you season little rebel. You always told me you only go to Jamaica for vacation.
Speaker 1: Finally, when I fly in, when I fly into Baltimore, b w Y. What where is the cramp that I like? Ubreki's Oubrex do you know that one with the crab the crab? Yeah, crab like a crab sandwich crab cakes. Crab cakes.
Speaker 6: We usually flew Charlotte and then we would do a connecting flight to Salisbury.
Speaker 1: No, I've seen your mom and dad. Yeah at the airport when like other flights are booked. Okay, because I brought it in your mom and dad at the airport.
Speaker 6: I only really flew into BWI with them a handful of times. Okay, we'd fly through Philadelphia or Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Somebody knows Ubrex or something. Oh my god, it Phillips crab House. No.
Speaker 3: No, and.
Speaker 1: Like you're gonna order a crab cake in an airport, bro, It's like what do you eat gas station sushi? No, it's not like that at all. It's like there, it might be the best crab cake I've ever had. Yeah, Okay, moving on, can we do throw back Thursday?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess like you guys want to ask about.
Speaker 1: A Baltimore horse Thursday. I feel like these guys on the you know, the boring baseball game. I had a lasagna last night. Oh, swinging a miss and I learned that today too. What a great day, What a great day?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: One final update. It is a it is a reflective throwback Thursday, reflecting on the great music that we all or a lot of us witnessed on Saturday at the twentieth anniversary show, Theory of a Dead Man last place seventeen percent, Sublime, Smoke to Jay's Sorry Alex thirty three percent, Shine Down. Just about fifty percent of your votes went for this one. Right here, Mom, It's so back Thursday.
Speaker 4: Whatever the hell that is.
Speaker 1: Here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five, The Buzz Still If you only, I.
Speaker 7: Said, that's my fe.
Speaker 1: You sup, It's I swear.
Speaker 7: It's s sometimes spring only think that I'm.
Speaker 12: Still if you.
Speaker 1: If you moll, I mean simes. I counted the words A been, if you want, I refused to let you go start when you own.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 10: Don't regrets s.
Speaker 18: S s.
Speaker 7: It's missing out to sometimes working still.
Speaker 9: It I still hold on to the land. You return, you help me live l It's all three and I can't sleep with that. You next to me out tossing town.
Speaker 7: Next.
Speaker 1: I try tell me next Spring, Jesus read your presence. I still.
Speaker 22: A Rod Ryan Show, The Bus Ryan Show, popa roach scars. Sunny today, beautiful weather continues.
Speaker 1: Low chances of rain hi today of around seventy six. Appreciate all the votes. I don't know why it was down. Those are three really good songs. I was well. Alex predicted shine Down with the Wind Sublime was leading most of the morning. Oney thirteen votes. That's a thousand shy of last week's vote getting. I don't know what happened on that. It's the videos on there, and you know, you're thinking, we'll shine down? What are they doing in throwback? They've been around a while now forgot You almost forget Brent. He's so clean cut now and kind of fit in P ninety X or insanity, you know what I mean. He's had long hair, a rocker and it's you're looking at it, it looks like a different person. He's so sensible looking these days. He's very sensible, you know. Yeah, tucked in colored shirt, yeah tie. He could have been on any golf course in America out there. I used to have long hair. It's a really cool video. I forget that. The videos are always up. Chili puts those videos up. So if you want to see some of that stuff, or if your song wasn't played, you want to rock out to it a little bit, you can go to the throwback Thursday page. Thank you Chili.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: We given away? We did so many national things in the nine o'clock hour. We got something local here, right, Yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Got the Deathtones concerts, death Tones, Mars Volta. We'll play Toyota Center March sixteenth. This this concert's going to sell out. There are a few tickets remaining at Toyota Center dot com.
Speaker 1: Close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you know the show, you might be able to win some.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll have a question for you on the flip of this brake.
Speaker 11: Stay with US Rock and Alternative the rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: And find the buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, guys, let's do what we got to do to get out of here today. Turn the loose on a Thursday. All right, what you giving away? I have the Deaftones tickets and uh I heard you and I think you are right. There's uh, there's a few limited tickets remain and are on sale now Toyota Center dot com. They're trying to win them from us right here. All right, what's your question?
Speaker 5: Well, I feel like Chile was really bearing the lead, Like what is Chila doing today?
Speaker 4: He's going to an event and he will not be the biggest thing there, or will he?
Speaker 5: I mean, Chila, the Chila maniacs are strong. But what is Chila up to today?
Speaker 4: Tell me that and I'll give you the Deaftones tickets. Chila loves the death Tones.
Speaker 1: I thought his followers were the Chili Dogs.
Speaker 4: The Chili Dog I like that better, actually, you know.
Speaker 1: And then we could play the song before we get out of here.
Speaker 4: Okay, well we can still play the song.
Speaker 1: Just just tell me, all right, who's he tagging with? Seven one three two one two five? Which is heavy Halloween from The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the Buzz. That's it, guys, we gotta go. Well, let's give away some tickets first. But that, yeah, then we got to get out of here.
Speaker 22: That's out of Here show, Thursday, October seventeen, getting killed over here.
Speaker 1: Can we make sure can we make a note of well, it's me saying, Alex. Can we make a oak? Could you make a note? Could you make a note little girl creepy Halloween? Yes?
Speaker 7: And then.
Speaker 1: Slut City, Okay, tomorrow you do that maybe after the kids.
Speaker 4: Poor little nez Bit what is his name? Gambit, Gibbet, gibble, Gidget.
Speaker 1: All right, good morning everybody. Brod Ryan Show wrapping up a throwback Thursday. It's time for another show. He's now time for I just had that this show. I just said all of that. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this Jeremy, I Jeremy, Welcome to the show. Do you know the show? Do you know the show? Okay, Tessa, what's your question? Jeremy says he knows it.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jeremy, I thought Shelly was bearing the lead today. What's he up to?
Speaker 1: He's giving away Monster Jam tickets. It's the Pep Boys. Yeah, yeah, but he's gonna be there Sparkle Smash.
Speaker 4: You gotta say Sparkle Smash.
Speaker 1: This guy knows the show's huge. Jeremy knows the show.
Speaker 4: All right, you're going to Deftoes of the Mars Volta. You know the show. Congratulations Bro, awesome, Thank you guys so much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Man. I appreciate you listening to the show. Where are you from here? Thank you? Jeremy from Houston? Will you hang on for me? Yes? All right, bro, hang on. I'm just gonna pull up some Deathtones. We're just giving away Deathtones tickets here. Oh, this is my favorite one you didn't want to play.
Speaker 3: Waiting.
Speaker 1: Oh, we have time, okay, Chili's gonna be out. Can we have that? Okay, in honor of Chili being out today. Plus we'll check in with him and see what time and where.
Speaker 24: Sucking on a chili does, Sucking a chili dog on your headphone. If you know a chili do, supping on a chill lead dog, you're missing it. A chilli do, sucking on a chili do. Come on, socking now on a chili dog, Sucking on a chill lead.
Speaker 4: Doll, sucking on out.
Speaker 24: Chilli, sucking on a dog, sucking on a chilli doll, chilli sucking up a chili doll, sucking on the doll, sucking on.
Speaker 4: A chill li It does, suck it off?
Speaker 1: All right, we gotta go. Jeremy's the big winner there and that's it. That was perfect. We just gave away Deptones tickets. They're close to selling out. Get your tickets now at the Toyota Center box office online. Tommy the Gun, he got ruffed up a little bit by Rachel this morning, but he still came out on top. He's gonna go for the Hall of Fame tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 1: That's gonna make for a great game. That's gonna make for a great start to homeroom. Tomorrow morning, six twenty, we played the fresh out of Bad head to head. Uh, they get back inside drop because it is kind of a thing. I mean, I know we kind of sneaked it in all year long, but that is a Thanksgiving drop because they're frying a turkey. Yeah so, and it's cold outside, so sure so throw it back Thursday. Great job on those of you, the the three people that did vote today. I'm throwback Thursday. Thinks the Graham was the number one link.
Speaker 7: Feel good, feel good.
Speaker 4: Glad we clear that up to right.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. I cannot believe it. Feel good ink, he says feel good in the song. Everybody that submitted words today, great job on reading my lips. Tessa won the game today. She makes them sure that I know that before we leave.
Speaker 4: Right, we're gonna beat it.
Speaker 1: We're on a twenty hour break. We got Fanny Friday tomorrow. We have opened phones Friday, the last hour of the show, Free beer Friday. And what are you giving away Octoberfest stuff?
Speaker 15: With every case?
Speaker 5: Right, so Island Octoberfest, which is in Galveston. It's free, but we're gonna give people some like coupons to get the German food and the beer and stuff out there.
Speaker 4: So I don't have the exact number, but I know it's it's good enough to get you out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's coming with all the cases of beer tomorrow Real is in for Jeremy, brand new past. The Gravy Podcast got a brand new one up right. Why aren't we using shields War anymore? Yeah, it's very important. Questions Chili, do you have specifics on where and when you're out today? Big Stretch, He's already shut down. Okay, Chili's out today.
Speaker 4: He's ready now.
Speaker 1: Oh you are? Hi, Hi buddy?
Speaker 15: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 3: Many body?
Speaker 15: Okay, I'll forgive you just because you're playing death tunes right now?
Speaker 1: Wearing when today pet Boys.
Speaker 21: One O two seven five North Free Way from three pm to seven pm. They evans going there, but I'll be there with the buzz from three pm to five pm. Markle Smash spark Barkle smash.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna have to wait. All of us are gonna have to wait until Saturday to see that truck.
Speaker 4: Not me put a picture, Send me a picture, je get.
Speaker 1: A picture with sparkles, slops, Sparkle smash.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna try to wear a sparkly outfit for it.
Speaker 4: Please do all right?
Speaker 1: Testa's on Houston like today at one o'clock.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's everything, guys, I too, I'm gonna try to wear a sparkley.
Speaker 1: We are on a twenty hour break, but we'll come back tomorrow and we'll have some more fun with you, am.
Speaker 7: Fir Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.