Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. Two days, two podcasts. Well, I don't really know when this is getting released, but you know, we'll figure it out. But we've been cranking them out, you know, because we got a lot of stuff to talk about. We're back in the saddle. I love it. I know Tim loves it, even though I don't. I don't get the vibe that he's loving it. I got the vibe that you were loving it yesterday. You know, you had your shirt off. You were just free flowing like you're ready to go.
Speaker 2: I got a busy day today. I'm just.
Speaker 1: Today. You're the one with the heart out.
Speaker 2: I got the hot at today. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So about thirty five minutes, we'll try and crank through some more of the topics I know on the on the most recent episode, we hit on GG poker buying the Basic, and then we hit on laptop gate, which I think we were corrected on Twitter saying whatever, same thing. So we hit on that sort of stuff. We got a couple more items that we do want to tackle and get our thoughts out there about and discuss first things first, WSP Paradise is back. It was announced recently. They announced it, and then everything happened with laptop slash, Salvergates, the gd Poker bought the ws A p and it almost feels like that people kind of forgot about WSP Paradise for a little bit. I'm assuming that momentum will will rebuild for DOBASITPY Paradise. So we're gonna hit on that. We got Scott sever winning Player of the Year, which.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He had one of the most incredible summers ever, if not the most incredible summer ever, and it just feels like no one's talking about It's just like like, is there an even an article on WISP dot com. I don't think so. I mean they bounced it via a tweet at like twelve thirty four in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, they did do that. I have Patrick Antonius announced, I have Chuck Todd Durant preview Paradise Paradise Cherokee preview s. Yeahswer to you is no, it was not an announced.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Patrick Antonio's he's in the Hall of Fame. Now we're going to hit on that. I know that's that's somewhat old news. But hey, listen, this is our podcast. We do what we want. We're going to hit on it, and then of course we do need to touch on the PGT. The Poker Growth Tour is entering the second half of its season. That second half of the season starts with Super High Roller Bowl slash Super High Roller Series slash Super High Roller Bowl Series however we're calling it. That is coming up in a few days time. Tim is going to be traveling across the pond to Cyprus to be at the events. Maybe we'll be able to get some live pods from the floor. We'll see, we'll see how things work out. That would be lovely. So as always, please like and subscribe to the podcast, leave a review, and if you do leave a review, send it on it into podcasts at PokerGO dot com. This episode of the Poker Go Podcast is brought to you by storm X. The easiest way to earn crypto just head on over to storm x dot io to activate crypto cash back offers. Once you go over there, create an account, you start shopping online. I know many of you shop online, so just do as you normally do. And then if you shop through the eligible vendors that are listed on storm x dot io. You can earn crypto on confirmed purchases. A variety of tokens are available, Bitcoin, doshcoin, and more. Earning crypto doesn't have to be hard with storm x, Earning crypto is easy. So ws to be Paradise. It's back, baby, and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere. I don't know if you listened to dat this week, this recent one. I only listened to maybe fifteen twenty minutes of it, but there was one line in there from Daniel Legrando when he said, wisbe Paradise is not going anywhere, And the way he said it was like, if you want to contend with us in December, meaning gg poker slashsp then good luck, have fun, because we're doing this every year and we're doing it big, as evidenced by the fact that in the second year it returns to Atlantis in the Bahamas with a fifty million dollar guaranteed main event or I should say sorry, super main event. Okay, the largest tournament guarantee ever this year it does come with a twenty five thousand dollars buy in. What are your thoughts over there when you saw the news fifty million.
Speaker 2: Huge, massive, and then I saw that it came with the twenty five K prize points, so I lost a little bit of interest, to be honest. Now, my first thoughts was, is this pocustars? You know, this is a very PSPC ish Nothing wrong with that, honestly, Look, not a fan, not a fan of the battle between them and WPT. I'm not a fan of a twenty five k main event, you know. But they're doing what they want to do. I don't think they're going to miss the guarantee. We said that all last year that they wouldn't miss a single one. They didn't. I feel the same this year. The series is pretty pretty damn robust for uh, you know, the client tell they're targeting, so it'd be fun. I wouldn't mind going to to be on site, but you know, I can't really afford some of these buyans, so I'll have to skip it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So speaking of some of the buyans, I mean, of course we mentioned the twenty five thousand dollars super main event. I'm just going to hit on on what the schedule is and then I'll give some thoughts as well. And Tim and I'll talk about this a little bit further, But you have a WSP Mini Main Event five million dollar guarantee, that is event number one, twenty five hundred dollars buy in. You have a Triton Million. That's something else that is coming with the Bisbee Paradise this time around is that they have partnered with Triton. So this Triton Million is it's a million dollar buying in the format of one VIP slash businessman, slash invited player, I don't really know how to call them, and then one pro and those people kind of like team up together in a way like if you're the VIP, you can invite one pro. Each person puts up five hundred thousand dollars and you play. So the buy in is listed as two times five hundred thousand dollars. You have a pot limit Omaha Super high Roller one hundred K. You have the gig Masters Online Championship with two and a half million guaranteed, twenty five hundred dollars. There Dealer's Choice Championship twenty five K Deep Stack Nolaman hold them five thousand dollars, the Triton Main Event for one hundred thousand dollars, the PLO Championship for fifty kbs AP Super Main Event that we already talked about, twenty five k buying, fifty million dollar guarantee, Paradise Pot Limit Omaha, ten thousand dollars buying Mystery Millions Online, five million dollars guaranteed, twenty five hundred dollars buying the GG Millions, Nolamit Hold Them Championship, five million dollar guaranteed, ten thousand dollars buying nolam Ath hold Them high Roller, fifty thousand dollars buying the Super Saver one million dollar Invitational, one million dollars guaranteed in that one that is a free roll slash invite only event. And then you have the closer a Nolan hold Them Bounty tur about five thousand dollars buying. So yeah, I mean you touched on the buy ins, Tim, I mean, what are your first thoughts on what they're presenting here? Lowest buying being twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: It's big, bring you money, as simple as that. Like I touched on before, that they're targeting a certain group of players. They're targeting obviously people coming and playing a big package of events. I think they may have missed on some things, like the twenty five k Dealer's Choice I think is going to not work at all. There's no there's no other mixed games to really convince mixed games specific players to come. But sure, yeah, Daniel Togron to Seande josh Aria, they're going to be there, they'll play it, but you're not really getting any of the mixed guys, the mixed only guys out there. So I feel like they could have gone without that and just added another twenty five k no limit hold them heads up tournament or something, you know, like something that fits the majority of the player pool that are there. We all know Ohamas as expensive, so you can't really have three hundred dollars buy in bracelet events. You need to start at that twenty five hundred price point, and even who knows, maybe that's a little too on the low side, but it's a good schedule for a lot of people out there, and I think it's going to just have as much interest this year pending a few keys, and although we haven't heard anything, that's the most important thing to make this successful is basically doubling down on the incentives they gave players, So there was lots of free rooms, there was lots of packages given out. There was also those I guess you could call it rake back promotions, the bracelet promotions, the cashers promotions, stuff like that really incentivize people to go. And that's how they hit all their guarantees. Now, if none of that comes back, will they hit these numbers? You know, we always talk about the first year is always the best year. It's the second year is the hardest. We found that in our series. You know, other tours have acted the same way. So if they don't bring if they don't bring those you know, incentives back, will people want to go to the Bahamas? Or will they want to go to EPT Prague, or they want to go to WPT World Championship. Will they want to just stay home for Christmas? So I think that's pretty important and hopefully the quicker they get that stuff out, the more likely they can stop filling rooms and making sure they hit all these numbers.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the incentives is already out there, and that is the Super Saver one million Dollar Invitational. So this takes place on the looks like the final day of the series. So the series does run December sixth through nineteenth. The Super Saver Invitational kicks off on December eighteenth, so second to last day there. So this is a one million dollar free roll tournament that is open to bracelet holders who participate in the Super Main Event. So if you have a WSP Gold bracelet, it sounds like it doesn't matter where it comes from, online, live, GG poker here in the States, whatever it may be, and you play the twenty five thousand dollars buying Super Main Event, then you qualify for this million dollar free roll tournament. It's also open to one hundred K package early bird purchasers. Now what this is is for a limited time only. This is all listed on doubysip dot com, So if you guys want to find this stuff, you can go over to WISP dot com slash twenty twenty four slash paradise. So it says limited time only early bird one hundred K Paradise package. It's limited until November first. So if you deposit via the doubsip plus app secure your Passion package, deposit ten thousand dollars by September thirtieth, and ninety thousand dollars by November first, that's option number one or just one hundred thousand dollars by November first. This is very confusing how this reads Atlanta's front wire of one hundred thousand dollars by November first. Free fourteen nights sweet room. I mean, I've been to Atlantis. It's expensive as all hell to go down there, so free fourteen nights is good. You of course get entry into the one million dollars Super Saver Invitational. You get VIP airport pickup at NASA Airports. So I mean, listen, if if you're one of those people who are gonna go down there, you know, like a lot of the players that play in these high roller events, whether it be Triton, whether it be the PGT or elsewhere, you should probably just do this, you know, get your money in and then get the free fourteen nights room. Of course, you get into this million dollar free roll, So there's that. And then it's also open to to GG Poker package winners, so the Super Saver Invitational bracelet holders, who participate in the Super Maine hundred K package, early bird purchasers, and GG Poker Package winners. So that's printy enticing, I think for a lot of people to go down there. Now, I don't fully know about the price points. I mean, it's clear that they're tacking a certain area of the playing community, right the high rollers. I'm assuming with a lot of this stuff and a lot of these events, a few of them at least you have the GG Masters Online Championship, you have the whereas its Mystery Millions Online.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming WSP Super Main Event is going to have online stuff in it as well. Maybe even this WSP Mini Main Event will have online stuff. So probably have a lot of online to live formation of these tournaments. So I will say that it's probably not entry point of twenty five hundred dollars for all this sort of stuff. It's probably entry point if you can, you know, get on GG poker and play. I don't know what they'll they'll have there just yet. I don't know if that's been announced. Apologies of it has and I missed it to them, But I'm assuming there's gonna be a lot of different avenues, different pathways for people to you know, funnel themselves into these events, win packages, all that sort of stuff. Like you I get some PSBC vibes from the Super Main Event and about the supermin Event, I'm kind of surprised that it was allowed to be called the Super main Event, saying that now is different than when this announcement first came out. This announcement came out before GG poker announced that they were buying the ever Speed yep right, obviously saying it now gg pokern can do it at once. Okay, I mean the deal is not fully complete. I think it's going to take till the end of the year to like actually get approved and all that sort of stuff. But for all intents and purposes, it's done.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Super Main Event implies that it's better than the main exactly.
Speaker 2: I hate so.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't the was main event in the summer is the flagship. It should always be the flagship. Like so, so is this and I could be getting people in trouble for something that hasn't been done yet. I don't know. Is this assigned to the future of ideas for a bigger main event. You're calling it the super main Event. You have a bigger buy and there's always been that that conversation, not that you and I agree with it, but like, will they have a raise that it be main event? Buy in. You know, ten thousand dollars today is what it was ten twenty, thirty years ago, et cetera. Like there's always that conversation. So is this like a plan going forward? I mean, you're you're coming out with a fifty million dollar guarantees. So not that you're not that you're challenging the WSP Main Event price pool yet, which is you know, almost pushing one hundred million now, right, But I mean coming out with fifty million, you're setting the foundation for this quote unquote super main Event pretty lofty. So is the goal to you know, eventually have like basically a second version of the WSP Main Event that takes place in the summer I at a Caesar's property for the next twenty years according to the press release, like at Paradise. Is that kind of the plan here? Or long term? I'm talking long term? You know it's gonna obviously this isn't gona happen this year, next year or the year after that. You know, it's going to take five, ten, fifteen years, whatever. So is that the plan here? I don't know. I'm just I'm just throwing stuff out there.
Speaker 2: I think the plan is this variety in the scheduling in the WSP brand. I think it was a little bit of a failure to call it the super main event. I mean, super is the wrong word. It should be something related to the price like but I think they I think maybe it's more of like, how do we differentiate the main event from the main event? As in, so there's a world where maybe next year we see the WSP year, it may event be five K, you know, something like that, where it's a different price point, a different kind of style, so that then all three main events are slightly different. I think that's where they may be leaning towards more than anything else. But who knows. I don't think that the Vegas one will ever be twenty five K. I don't think. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I agree, you know, but what I'm getting at is, does with the buy in, with the guarantee, with the the marketing aspect of calling it super, you know, does this in a way take some shine away from the WSP main event. I don't know yet. I'm just this is me just kind of working on some takes on the fly in my head. I'm not sure where I'm going to come out on this this all. I mean, the man event is the biggest and the best, and I think it will always be that.
Speaker 2: I don't think it would take anything off the luster of the main event, the main the Vegas main event is the main event, and I think everyone sees it that way. It would take a lot, a lot.
Speaker 1: I understand that. I understand that it would take a lot. But if you were if you were the person who had a lot to be able to do it, wouldn't you do some things like make something named better than the other thing, have a bigger buy, and come out with a massive guarantee the quarter. That also doesn't mean live poker.
Speaker 2: There needs to be more of that. Think of the history the fifty was it fifty two years or something? Fifty five years of the ten thousand dollars event?
Speaker 1: And you can talk never you could never battle with history.
Speaker 2: You can't battle with history. And like maybe in fifty years we can have a discussion, but right now it's yeah, it's not happening.
Speaker 1: I'm basically just all I'm doing right now is I'm planting the seeds. I'm asking various questions that maybe in ten years you and I can get back on a podcast someday and see if we're right or wrong is all I'm doing, you know, because this obviously isn't going to come anytime soon. This twenty five K Dealer's Choice is certainly the ugly duckling of the schedule, Like it's just it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I mean, it's just it's there. It's at a price point that's very high. So I'm I mean, it's clear that this whole schedule was attached or was made to attack a certain clientele of player, right, and then you just kind of shoehorn that one in there. And I don't know how many of the players that you're going after also play a twenty five K Dealer's Choice. It just it seems a little bit weird to me.
Speaker 2: It will probably get forty players because you'll get Danny Tang registering for it and stuff like that. You'll still get an okay turn out. You're not going to get Sure. You're probably not getting David od b Bacon. You're not probably you might get Senheimer. You're not getting the the mixed game guys, you know, that's.
Speaker 1: All you're gonna You're only going to get the mixed game guys who also play the big no limit stuff, correct, And it would be my guest. I mean, unless there's probably there's probably some people that might go some mixed game people who are well versed enough in No limit hold them and want to play the Super main event that might go like you might get those people too, right, So I think it's interesting. I mean, they're clearly going big from this schedule. I mean, it's it's out of control. It's fifteen gold bracelet events. I mentioned the two Triton events, the Tradon Million and the Triton Main Event. Not only do you have that fifty million dollar guarantee, you have three five million dollar guarantees, you have a two and a half million dollar guarantee, you have a one million dollar guarantee that that's super the Savior Invitational. So, I mean, it's just it's robust. It's certainly headline grabbing where I sit right now, and this is going to start to lead into our well, actually, first before I get into that, the partnership with Triton Poker is is interesting. You know, it creates a bit of a three headed monster in a lot of ways. You know, you obviously have GG Poker and WSP who have been partners for you know, several years, and now GG Poker recently you know, acquired or at least announced the acquisition of the WSP brand, and now they are partnering with Triton to bring that in. So you're probably gonna get all the all the Triton players you know are going to be going down there. And we know how big and crazy and exciting and fun and competitive those fields are that happen in all the different Triton events around the world. So you're going to have that one thing that this has done. And I mean, from where I sit right now, Tuesday, August thirteenth, nine forty six am, they won December.
Speaker 2: I mean, na get out of here.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, let's go here. I want to hear your argument.
Speaker 2: I mean, what why have they won December?
Speaker 1: Well, can you tell me where the WPT is? Hello, WPT wake up please. I don't know if you saw, but your biggest competitor has dropped the largest live tournament guarantee in history and it's coming out with an absolute bang. Has pardoned with Triton all this sort of stuff. Where are you guys, They're coming, They're waiting, they're coming, They're planning. Okay, Yeah, where huh huh? Like where are they? Look, I always had all we've had for months now are dates.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Dates is okay. I've blucked it off on the calendar. It's good. I know when it is. Look, we know what's going on, and we obviously have some behind the scenes knowledge though you know, we don't really need to discuss, but you know they're going they're both playing chickens with each other. All.
Speaker 1: First of all, I have zero behind the scenes A lot. If I had some behind the scenes knowledge, I would I would have some insight here. But I have nothing, And that's why I'm wondering where the heck is WPT.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. Look, look, WBT announced that dates when like March or something. They announced it very early.
Speaker 1: Way early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is fine. You put a luck Now we know. The next step is wait, let's see what WSP does. They announced their big chop. So once they announced their big chop, WPT and I go, okay, now we have that info, let's figure out how schedule. Are we doing a twenty five million guarantee? We're doing a fifty million guarantee? Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: Questions to you, are what's their guarantee going to be If you had to guess what was it last ya forty and they missed, it's more than two million.
Speaker 2: It's going to be forty again guaranteed. In my mind, I don't think they're going down. I don't think they I don't think they can go down.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the whole argument that we put forth last year, is why you don't go twenty five exactly? Yea, then you can't go down. Like we've had this problem within the PGT, you know, like we're like, once you do something, you can't put that cat back in the bag. It just ain't happening. And if you do it, if you put stuff back in the bag, it looks negative. People come at you for it. You know, they wonder, oh my god, is stuff really bad? Behind the scenes, because you know, they're not going as big as they once did. That's why you just gradually build up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they're probably planning that stuff. They're also planning the side events. You know, it'd be very smart for WPT to stay completely away from the high rollers and and like we've kind of done on the PGT, focus on that price point of sub ten K. I think that is a really big price point in America. And then, and the reason I say Bahamas hasn't won yet is because I think we know first hand the amount of our players. And I've had out one of our players speak directly to me and said and ask, like I would I want to be I'd rather stay here, so like then go to is regardless of all the stuff that's there.
Speaker 1: Like well, and for that player, I'm going to give you fifty Triton players that are going to Paradise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might. You can obviously change his mind. There's ways to change his mind. He's just saying that. I think the I would say ninety seven percent Now, that's that's ninety seven percent of the player pool that's targeted for Bahamas that lives in America outside of Florida would be more interested in going to Vegas than going to Bahamas. Now, doesn't mean that ninety seven percent only goes to the win. You know, there's ways to incentivize them to bring that percentage down. But there's definitely going to be players that just like I ain't going to Bahamas. Doesn't matter. You can't convince me otherwise. I am ten minute drive to the win. Why do I want to go spend twenty k in accommodation and travel expenses in the Bahamas.
Speaker 1: So well, if if GG Poker you know, comes out with you know, we've qualified x hundred players, you know, all this sort of stuff, if they if they take you know, kind of stealing from what the PSBC did, what Poker Stars did with that event, you know, really really putting those qualifiers in the spot like where you saw like you know, some random guy from a random casino is playing his first tournament buying over two hundred dollars, Like, you know, they put that stuff out there, and like they kept doing it, and they did it with like three hundred qualifiers that that draws in the pros, right. I think it was a couple of our PGT players who basically said, like, you know, for every one amateur slash recreational qualifier type player who like doesn't belong in these high roller fields, it draws in like six to seven pros. Like that's how they kind of equated, you know. So so yeah, if they really go gangbusters with like putting it out there, who are these qualifiers are? How they got in? Like this guy won for one dollar, you know, he normally plays you know, one dollar flipping gos on GG poker, blah blah blah, like this is his story here he is like, you know, put him out there like that really starts to invite you know, the sharks to come feast on the minnows down there in the Bahamas. So I'm interested to see how that marketing element plays out. I'm always very like I mean, I do a lot of marketing within the industry, and I am always drawn to like what other places are doing with their marketing. So I'm very interested to how they're going to approach that. So looking forward to that, I have one question for you, sir, Where does phil Ivy go? Does he go with his Triton boys or does he go with the WPT overlords. Where does he go in December?
Speaker 2: Buddy? He does both? I think he confidently does both.
Speaker 1: If you're WPT, don't you have to force him to stay in Vegas? But we know how that goes.
Speaker 2: Send me the contract, let me read it. See if that's even part of the contract. I doubt it is. Ivy Chase process all summer. I think he'll do it again, and obviously he has. He's trying boys so he'll be in Bahamas and then you'll see him play like two events, three events.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if he's going to Bahamas, which I also agree that he's going to go to the Bahamas, you're getting ivy. You're for sure getting hellmuth. You're getting to grow on you. How is WPT winning December? How what are they going to do? Let's wait for the schedule, have another marching on the breaks of the tournament.
Speaker 2: They lose points for that. Like, I bet we see the biggest win field, whatever last year's number was, we top it this year.
Speaker 1: Well, the biggest win field is the WPT Prime.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm saying that whatever we had last year, I think we beat I bet you we see another massive prime event bigger than last year. And if if the guys over at the wind Slash WPT make a good enough schedule, you know, with some really good events, I bet you we see massive fields in those two. I'm bullish on the wind being just in people's backyards and not having I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're in my backyard, you know. I'm I'm gonna try and play stuff at the wind you know, I mean, I I obviously have other reasons why I can't go to the Bahamas. I mean, I'm not taking my whole family there. It's just too expensive, you know, playing these types of buy ins, et cetera. It's just difficult for me, right, you know, I'd rather just go to the win. Yes, I think in my shoes. And this might be something where if people are on the fence, I don't know, maybe they consider this to some degree. But like having been to the Bahamas so often with the PCA over the years, like I don't it's not a draw just to go to this destination, Like the destination isn't a draw for me, which which is is fine. You know. I think a lot of people out there will enjoy going to the Bahamas. They get out of bad weather, all that sort of stuff. I totally get it, you know, just for me having been there, like the destination itself doesn't sell anymore. So I'm just curious. I guess if there's a lot of other players out there because the win is now like the premiere poker destination. Like you go, you play at the Win, the property is absolutely incredible, you know, it's just it's top notch playing there. It's it's amazing. It's you know, it's it's in Las Vegas, which I think a lot of people like, but it's also like it's at the end of the strip, so you're not like jam packed in the middle. You know, it's at this particular event WPT at the Win is in December when the weather isn't you know, one hundred and fifteen degrees outside, which I think also people like. So so that is a big selling point for a lot of people. Of course, money talks at the end of the day, so you know, fifty million dollars guaranteed, I think there's gonna be a lot of people that travel down there. I just if I'm if I'm WPT and I'm the win, I'm very much going within every man focus, meaning I'm catering to I'm catering my schedule to the population of poker players that play four and a dollar to five thousand dollars tournaments. I'm packing my schedule with that sort of stuff, probably keeping the five thousand dollars price point pretty selective. And then I just have the ten thousand dollars main the world the World Championship. You know, I really push the accessibility, I push the everyman I try and pump out, you know, massive massive fields you mentioned, you know, having the largest field at the win ever, you know, trying to do stuff like that. You know, have like a massive six hundred dollars opener, which they did in the past, but like bumping up the guarantee for that, you know, bumping up the guarantee for the one thousand dollars WPT Prime Championship, stuff like that, you know, and then just probably doing something that like filters people into the ten k. You know, I think there's gonna be a lot of people that come out for that price point that whether they win money or not, you know, sell some action, all this sort of stuff. They kind of take their shot in the World Championship for ten k, and it's it's a bit more palatable, it's a bit more accessible to go that route. I would I would almost just entirely scrap high rollers, Like I wouldn't do anything above five thousand dollars except for the WPT World Championship.
Speaker 2: You still need to do the alpha stuff, but you do it at the very back of the schedule because you want to you want any centimize people to come from Mohamas to play the ten k, Like how do I get author Materrosen to come and Makita Beziakowski come play the ten k and then we have a twenty five and one hundred like on the off days. That's how you get them to come.
Speaker 1: I mean, why why do you need them to come?
Speaker 2: You don't bet like I think you should offer it anyway, it's going to fill up. They had good numbers lost here in those ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but last year you weren't going up against the WPG paradise.
Speaker 2: It is ended by then at the end.
Speaker 1: It seems like a natural fit to me to partner with the PGT to some extent. I should just say av Poker and Triton Poker and Triton are all in bed over there. You know, maybe we do some PGT events at the win, you know, entice our players to get in there, chase some points.
Speaker 2: You know, you have my number, Adam, You're probably not, but.
Speaker 1: Just call your your country made over there and let's go. Let's go get Savage on the horn. Have you just had him on the podcast of the day? I mean, come on, yeah, I mean that's that's what I would do, you know, And I'm not a fan of what they've done. With with Alpha eight, I think they need to scrap the brand or put it back to what it was.
Speaker 2: So I like the name. I just yeah, the name is good.
Speaker 1: The branding was good, The idea I think was good. But like trying they're basically trying to take that brand and then shoehorn it into now like twenty five k's and stuff like just have everything be WPT like a WPT high roller. Why can't it just be a WPT high roller? Like what you know? Why has it got to be a trifecta, quadruple, quintupled alpha eight, Like I don't think it's just really confusing to me. I mean another option that that I don't think is on the table at this I don't know. Now that I say that it is August thirteenth, but move to January question mark, Yes, I mean right like yes, I mean that obviously has to probably do with like we know. I mean, at least I know because my wife works in the casino industry. I know how these things work. We've been around the industry for long enough that convention space and and the amount of convention space that they need for an event like this at the wind is not easy to come by, and this stuff gets booked out long in advance, so like I'm sure they can't just call up the win and be like, hey, we want to move to January and when it's like, ah, funny, we've been booked for three years in January. You know, like like that's just so that's the hard part there.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is this is the lost year of the deal, right, so maybe they actually have a plan to move to January.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is three years, three years.
Speaker 2: Maybe they have a plan to move to January and they already have that space bookvill twenty twenty sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be interesting also now that you bring that up, because yeah, it is they I remember they announced a three year deal that whatever happens this year I think points to like where the relationship is going to go going forward. Meaning if they scale back and do like, let's say a twenty five million dollar guarantee, that that might be like you know, they're kind of just cutting their losses in in a way, being like, hey, let's put out a guarantee that's big that we can hit not cost any money, and then maybe this relationship doesn't go any further. But if they come out with another banger, like you know you mentioned do forty again. Then it's pretty clear to me that this relationship is going forward. Right, So maybe I'm reading a little bit too in the lines there, but but listen, the WPT World Championship schedule has not come out yet. I've been asking them many times, you know, kind of where's the schedule, where's the schedule, where's the schedule? So we'll see. I'm assuming it's going to drop. I think it's going to drop this month. I don't know when. And then once that happens, you know, we'll talk about it a lot. Maybe we'll even get Matt Savage back on to discuss it. I'm going to be very interested to kind of put WSP Paradise and ws AP World Championship Schedule is basically by side and be like, okay, like you know, what can we expect here, Like who kind of won this event that event? You know, what are the what are the overall vibes that we're getting, Like is WPT going to lean into the every man accessibility stuff or are they just going to try and really go head to head with what WSP is doing. I mean, who knows, right, we don't know yet because the schedule is not out, so so let's see and let's see how it goes. Moving on, we got to hit on Scott Sever winning WSOP Player of the Year. Of course many of you listening tuned in to our daily WSOP shows. Sever won three gold bracelets three not many people have done that. He now has seven total bracelets. Not many people have gotten to that amount either. Four four hundred and three POY points for sever Michael Rocco closed out the w so P strong. He won the what ten K six max events in the final days. He ended up finishing in second place with threey eight hundred and three points. Jeremy Osmas, who made seven final tables, ultimately did not win a bracelet, but had many deep runs. He had three thousand, six hundred and eighty six points. Interesting just about the top three quickly is that I think many people probably assume that Ozma's finished second just because of the way that it was the race that was happening between him and Stever, everything that was talked about with Ozmas, how many final tables he made, all that sort of stuff, But it was actually Michael Rocco who had a pretty damn good wsop overall, I do want to hit on kind of some honorable mentions, but I'll get to that in a second, just after we get done talking about some more sever stuff. He'll turn forty in April. So I know we had this conversation before. Is he going to get in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: He has three seven total, he has a WPT title. Obviously high stakes cash is there. You know we talked about all this sort of stuff before where it's like now sever enters that that conversation, So is he going to get in? Does he get in right away? Like all the who's He's well, Jeremy Osmas number one?
Speaker 2: Who else?
Speaker 1: Josh, Josh Harrier, Nick Shulman. Remember remember the conversation we had, we had sever or Shulman?
Speaker 2: All Right, you know what if we would have if we would have voted now, who.
Speaker 1: Are the finalists this year? Madam? Yeah, so I mean they're they're likely, They're not that they're likely to be back as finalists, but they'll be top of mind. Osmas wasn't a finalist this year.
Speaker 2: Here's my take. Ready, if we voted now, Siva would get in.
Speaker 1: But recency bias, yes, but.
Speaker 2: We have WSP Europe. We have WSB Paradise, we have WSP Vegas, we have one hundred and forty five. Actually, we have one hundred, nearly two hundred more bracelet events between now and when you cost your vote. Shulman could rip off three bracelets. Osmus could rip off three braces, Aria could rip off three braces. Civa could win another three. So there's a lot that can happen in the next two hundred bracelet events before the current Living Hall of Fame members need to vote. So yeah, it's it's it's still very open. I think it's Siva if it was today, but it could be any number of people, you know, in two hundred bracelets time. I know it's a soft answer to it. I think we have to realize the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, listen, I tend to agree with you. I'm just looking at the list of finalists for this year. Of course, Patrick Antonio has got in and we're going to hit on that next. But josh Ari on there, We mentioned him, Barney Bobman was on there, Miami, John Sernudo, Ted Forrest, Kathy Lieber, Mike mattis Ow, matt' savage, is Hei Shinberg, Bill Smith. So some, if not all, will you know, make it back next next year? You know, it's kind of how they carry over. But Armie Ostmas isn't on there. Nick Shulman, I believe will be forty, so he'll likely make this list.
Speaker 2: He turns for there was a list going out of like who turns forty next year? Well, we should, we should. I was actually going to create something. I just haven't had a chance.
Speaker 1: But so Phil Galfond is currently thirty nine years old. This is according to Wikipedia and January sixteenth, So.
Speaker 2: I don't know when missed forty. Like I didn't understand that part.
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't it when they say, hey, we're voting, then you have to be forty?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, is that? But like to your point is that May first? Is that June first? Is that July first?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: You know, like what's but Galfon should be in there?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah, who do you think is the favorite right now? I have no he Man, I mean seven Shulman is a lot closer than you think.
Speaker 1: No, I and I think we recently talked about that during one of the episodes when I when I brought it up during the World Series of Poker, because I mean, there are a lot of similarities there, you know, a lot a lot of bracelets. Both have a WPT title, sever does win in the bracelet category. Both have played high stakes cash, right, I mean, I think I think nowadays sever plays more high stakes cash than Shulman does. Shulman is like kind of fully in at least from what I can tell on the tournament grind. But in that regard, like you know, Shulman's got a Triton title, Shulman's got PGT titles, et cetera. Like Sever is a little bit more void in that area. So how do people wait that sort of stuff? Then? Like, I don't know, because it's voted on by the living Hall of famers, Right, So how much of how much of Shulman being out there as a commentator and as good of a commentator I see? Is like how much does that weigh in their mind? How much does the popularity aspect weigh in their mind? Right? So I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, pocularity is the biggest, the most underrated waiting in all this voting, and it shouldn't be, but I think it actually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think I think popularity has trumped at times, even most recently, Patrick Antoni is getting in like I would have I wouldn't. I do think he's popular, yes, but I would have thought that maybe josh Arie got in because he's I think I think he's more out there in the spotlight, et cetera. And going back to when popular, when David Oppenheim got in.
Speaker 2: There he's super Oppenheim would be super popular, yes, popular, but like not, he's not in the forefront of everyone's mind. So like when you say everyone, do you mean the voters or do you mean the public?
Speaker 1: Well, I think public perception might play into some voters' minds, is what I'm getting.
Speaker 2: If you don't think I think it's all like who do I want in my my my boys club?
Speaker 1: I disagree with you and I have well I won't. I won't name names, but people have asked us. People have asked us who they should vote for. Yes, yeah, that is public. That is not them thinking of their own stuff like that is them, like you know, like, hey, what are the arguments for this person of that person? Whatever?
Speaker 2: Like that is say Matt Savage every time.
Speaker 1: I mean, I always say side, but I have also said for a long time. You do say, yeah, I see I I also say, Patrick Antonius, I guess, I guess just a thought that popped in my mind. Does anything change in regard to the Poker Hall Fame now that GG Poker owns the b possibly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean do they.
Speaker 1: Have more people get in there?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: You know, how how does like do they even address it? Does it just carry definitely.
Speaker 2: Needs like a like a commissioner or something, and it needs it does need a shake up. Maybe that's adding more people. Maybe that's changing the requirements, like it's forty two young. I would say maybe yes, But I guess we'll leave it up to them. You know, if I was a betting man, I'd probably say nothing would change.
Speaker 1: I've always thought, and I think I think you and I might have talked about this. If not, I think you'll agree. But at the live version of the WSP in the summer, I've always thought there should be a room, a section, a hallway, whatever it is that's basically the basically a museum largely about like the Poker Hall of Fame have a bunch of busts. There have nice displays with photos and then paragraphs underneath where people can like walk through like you walk through in a museum and you say, okay, hey, this is so and so this is the history here. You know, I'm gonna move on, like almost like a whole little room that people could enter and just that was it. There was a path to walk you know, there was various exhibits. I know that that's me probably in my whole pipe dream mentality, but like I think that there is so much rich, rich history as it pertains to poker and then specifically the WSP that you could have that sort of thing as a big exhibit at the World Series of Poker.
Speaker 2: And we have it. We have it at the Poker room, pictures on the wall. What's funny you say? That is actually I discussed with that, you know.
Speaker 1: But that would be wouldn't that be a cool exhibit?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, I as you know, I've been collecting things in case something like this happens. I have it in a box at the office, he stored away, ready to pull out if needed. But my I had a grand envision, a grand plan once to actually convert some of our set, like you know, the say the outside of that table be like the back of the stand where people you know, where there's nothing. Turn that into like some kind of hall of fame display. You remember back at the Rio in the Brazilian room where there was when we had the bracelets in the little plexiglass boxes and they were Yeah, so take that concept, but for hall of fame stuff. So I could put hypothetically, let's talk about some of the cool stuff I have. You know, you know Doyle Ronson's last seat ticket that he ever played. You could put that in a box, little story about it. You could take negran Who's signed button from his fifty k in put it there. You could talk to You could talk to Matt Waxman and ask him would you want to donate your bracelet for for the six weeks, so you get people to donate stuff just for the exhibit.
Speaker 1: While also that would be just quickly that would be like one cool exhibit portion is like the bracelet over the years, Yeah, like the first one, the second one. Like people can like literally walk down and be like, oh this is when it changed to this is when it like that would be still.
Speaker 2: Do stuff like that, and like I would build it into the set, but you know, I mean spending a lot of this money on the set, do we we don't own the Hall of Fame, so we're kind of stealing the idea, you know, are going to rob people the wrong way. So we never did it this year, but like it was always, it was discussed internally very so for a very limited amount of time.
Speaker 1: A little bit of a side story, but this is kind of about this in a way. So when the when the World Poker Tour first was going to have the final tables at the big Esports Arena at Luxor, I was working with the World Poker Tour at the time, and one of my big pitches was that have you have you been in that arena the hyper x Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So, like you walk in, there's like the first little area where there's some gamings off, there's like some you know, there's basically like a check in desk, et cetera. And then you go kind of down like a little hallway. There's double doors that opens up to like this what is it like a little it's like a little it's like a little rotunda area, you know, with like an elevated ceiling. There's actually a balcony up top where people people that are up top on the second floor can look down and then there's like another hallway and then like all this basically leads into like the big arena. Yeah, my vision that I pitched was to create like once you hit, like once you get past the checking desk and hit these like double doors basically create the history of the World Poker Tour as you walk from the check in desk all the way into the arena and then like you know and like that, so like as you're entering, whether you're a player or a fan, like you just start really getting that vibe, that energy, like you feel the history building, and then it culminates with you going into the arena and either playing or watching that final table. Same sort of thing like I could see for the WSP, Like you walk into like where the final table stage area is, and like it's you know, there's a there's a walkway or a path where you can go where you can see the the different exhibits. You can you can pause and you can you know be like oh, hey, like this is this is Doyle Brunson's like first win, this is the winnerfold, like this is that this is like all that sort of stuff I think would be pretty dope. So yeah, so now that now that gg Poker owns it up. See Michael Kim, if you're listening, he's want you want this idea, you can come to Tim and I and we will happily put it together for you. All right. So anyway back to that, because we are off tangent Scott seever, so he'll turn forty in April. We talked about that, We talked about his time to get into the Hall of Fame. I think he will eventually get into the Hall of Fame. I just don't know if it'll be next year first year, because yeah, but seven WSP bracelets for him now, he won three this year, one WPT title. He's got almost twenty seven million dollars in live tournament earnings, high stakes cash. He certainly has stood the test of time. I think he's respected by his peers for sure. So I've another question about Scott sever And I heard someone make a comment to me recently. I forget who it was exactly, but the comment was about twenty five K fantasy and how much sever will go for next year. And my thought, initially without having any information right now, is so let me see he went for thirty seven dollars this year, which based on his performance, three hundred and thirty four points the third highest point getter is a criminal underspend. But if he goes for what eighty ninety dollars next year, do we know Scott Severs going to play a full schedule this year? We knew, Yes, we knew ish so quickly. Just one reason why, like we weren't in on Scott's sever even though he had put out there that he's going to be gunning for, is that we drafted him a couple of years ago. He actually won the was it the twenty five hundred dollars tournament early in the summer, and he told us he was going full on for the whole series, and he, you know, he basically won that tournament early and then kind of went back to cash games. So we were just like, you know, how much how much is he really going to go? Right, even if he says it's he really going to go full on, because it's a freaking grind, we all know that, right. Obviously, he went the whole thing, He went to the wall, he went all out, and he won three bracelets and he won fasby Player of the Year. So are we going to get WSP Player of the Year contending Scott sever next year, bracelet bets all that sort of stuff. Scott sever next year or are we not? If we're not, he should not go for ninety dollars, right, and then somebody will vastly overpay if he's just if he was like, this is the year, I'm all in, I'm gonna do this thing. I'm going to dedicate myself to these tournaments. I did it, I achieved it. I got the Player of the Year banner. You know, great, Now I'm going to go back to playing high stakes cash when the cash games are crazy during the summer, and yeah, I'll pop in here and there. And not that Sever shouldn't be drafted, because he should, you know, It's just it's a volume game at that point. So I just going into next year, I would probably wonder if he's going to be overvalued or undervalued just based on what we can expect from him. So would you expect Sever to go like all out like he did this year again next year or maybe in the next like three years.
Speaker 2: Let's say, I mean he made a commitment to do this this year, he had some bets. We have to just know that he's doing this next year or not. He may be the him and Jason Mercier may be the peak. The number one drop picks in unreliability when it comes to WSP because they will play cash and NonStop like they don't care that much unless they actually care, and that means like bets or side bets or whatever they have. So yeah, if I was drafting Siva, I would people, hey, hey, buddy, what's the plan this year? Like I need to know, because yeah, he could be worth one hundred and twelve dollars or we had twelve dollars.
Speaker 1: Had that plan before and he even like he told us he was all in.
Speaker 2: But I need to know the bets. I need to know how much he has in play. I don't care like I need to know your dollar, your net worth, spend percentage allocated to bracelet bets with Texas mic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's tricky, and you're not always gonna get honest answers or the full answers you know that you need, so then it makes things a bit tricky. But I'm gonna say that right now, he's not gonna be the same Scott sever that we saw this year in terms of volume. Of course, when he shows up Scott Severs as one of the best players in any field that he plays. You know, don't get me wrong there, But from a volume perspective, I'm gonna say that this was more of a one and done type of thing. Also, like, are people going to be lining up to bet Scott sever after he just achieved what he achieved?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It's like they got burned and they're out.
Speaker 2: I can't repeat it, though, Yeah, but you can't repeat that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I wouldn't. I wouldn't bet against Scott's sever in repeating it. So he might, you know, he might be surprise next year in fantasy where like somebody gets him for one hundred dollars and then you know he ends up playing only like twenty events and everyone like that that team is pissed, right, you know. So so yeah, that's just a tricky spot there. Anyway, moving on to Patrick Antonius, he was inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame, in my opinion, in extremely deserving inductee. Happy to see Patrick Antonius, one of the absolute legends, one of the absolute goats in poker, getting into the Hall of Fame. I think twenty twenty was the first year that he was eligible, and as far as I'm concerning, he should have been nominated or in a finalist every single year. I don't know if he was exactly, but should have been. And yeah, I've always thought Patrick Antonia should get it, get in. So it's good to see him get in. I think he was very happy, very thrilled about being able to get in. You know, it's one of those things where in a way it's it's you know, it's great to see that your peers, you know, these fellow Hall of Famers were affect you in that light to put you into this very elite club of people. Also, you know, on the Hall of Fame front, you know, there's not many Europeans in there, so getting another European and then Patrick Antonia's being a finished getting him in there as well. He doesn't have the tournament resume that a lot of others have, you know, he doesn't have all the bracelets, the WPT titles, all this sort of stuff, right, He's you know, he's been playing a lot of the Triton stuff of course, but Antonia's mainly plays cash games, and in that regard, he's as far as I can tell still an absolute beast plays the highest stakes around, you know, all summer long he's playing four thousand, eight thousand, three thousand and six thousand and five, ten whatever the heck it may be. And then just recently he was at that Triton Cash game festival playing you know, one thousand, two thousand and one, two five. I don't know what it was, pulling these savage bluffs with ten high, like just absolute banana's goat shit from Patrick Antonio. So it's good to see him in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: What say you? Yeah, I just checked the Finland all time money list. He's on top. I wouldn't have actually expect to be. He's crushing it well, I mean on top by so much, just twenty three million. The next up you high helping nine million. I didn't think it would be such a big I think on the.
Speaker 1: Big scores in the recent years, with all.
Speaker 2: The trades, yeah over the Trent and stuff. Yeah. I think we said during the series that he was going to get in. I was basing that all on popularity and the cash game side of things. Very worthy to get in. Good just you know, you made a really good point. Good to see European get in, trying get rid of these the heaviness of American players in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: But well, Americans are just the best poker players. But yeah, I don't know what you're I don't know what you're talking about. Disagree absolutely, okay.
Speaker 2: But no, I mean I got no problems with it. I would have still liked to see some others get in. We should have more people getting in, but that's up for another day, all right.
Speaker 1: So congratulations to Patrick Antonius for getting in there. Poker Hall of Famer. Now, I love to see it. I wish he would play more tournaments like WSP stuff, you know, because I think he would. He could put up some numbers there. But of course for him, it's all about crushing the cash games and he certainly.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll see him next week, maybe.
Speaker 1: I would guess he might.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Would he go down to Bahamas Paradise.
Speaker 2: Possibly if there's games on boats they remember.
Speaker 1: Yes, trust me, I do remember. All right, you mentioned might see him next week. That would be for Super High Roller Series, slash Bowl Slash Bowl Series.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't really know what it's it's supposed to be called I don't know the official name, but yeah, so Super high Roller series is kicking off in a few days that is capped off by the Super high Roller Bowl. I expect numbers to be pretty big overall. I think you an article the other day that said sixty players are more than sixty players.
Speaker 2: Sixty three confirmed players for the series though, right, not for the series, sorry, not for the ball for the series that includes some PLO only players. Obviously, people may have dropped out, people may have added, you know, had some players reach out to me the same. Yeah, I think I might go now, so I don't know. I think sixty two was sixty three was much better than I thought heading into this. The key here is that all the events are freeze outs at this stage, so that you know, we're not going to.
Speaker 1: Have a stage putting that in there for sure because it might change.
Speaker 2: Is that why? Well, we have two mystery bounties that are freeze outs, and that doesn't make any sense to me, and I feel like they may change other day. But yeah, they're all freeze out events, so that does help. I guess the quote unquote whales feel a bit more comfortable playing these big of my own events and does it. I think so. On that list, I saw a lot of names. I had no idea who they were.
Speaker 1: Okay, but did you like, I like, did you look at those names? Compare them to a trading list, because there's a lot of people that play Tritons that I have no idea who they are, and they're in there blasting and they can put as many bolts as they want those things.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, I'm just make it one re entry if anything. But this is what they want to do, so we'll we'll support it, and we'll see how it goes, see what the players think, and you know, who knows, see what the numbers are. Maybe we get some people trickling in closer to the three hundred k buying and firing that and they also the hundred k before it.
Speaker 1: Was Tony G on your list.
Speaker 2: I think I'm at liberty to say who's on the list unless they gave me the okay to say that they're.
Speaker 1: On only because on the Trading Cash Game Festival, Cypress was brought up with Cypress is where this series and Super highrollerbar are being held, and Tony G said that I think he said that he would come with Leon. I'm assuming that's Leon Supernecks. Oh yeah, they were talking about it.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe we get them in so.
Speaker 1: So, you know, could could be some people like that. I think at the time Ivy was in the game.
Speaker 2: Uh, Robert, I heard he's coming, but that he was not in the original list, but I did hear he's attending, so that's kind of exciting.
Speaker 1: I would think Ivy would be there. I would think Robber Young will probably be there.
Speaker 2: Where was the cash game Montenegro sh fly Away right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would guess we'll see a fair amount of the of the Triton guys. You know, I'm not sure how many of them will end up coming, but but we'll see. I I do think that it was it was probably the right move. I'm not probably. I think it was the right move to move super High Rollable out of the States. You know, maybe we lose it a couple of players that might have played here in the US, but it's just hard to run an event that size in the in the US given the current landscape. So I think these type of events, you know, it's just better served elsewhere in the world. And this Cypress destination nor Cypress at was it? Merrit Diamond Royal, I believe is the property. So Merritt has several properties, and I think this is the biggest and best, most luxurious one.
Speaker 2: Got it. I'm so confused, but I'm gonna figure it out once I got that.
Speaker 1: I went to one years ago with Mickey Doff. Shout out Mickey Doft when I think it was a WPT event, but like a full tilt event as well, like the WPT full tilt something, and it was at I want to say merrit Crystal Cove, which is one of their like lower scale properties, but still extremely nice like that, if that makes sense. Not to downplay how awesome that property was, because it was great. It was right on the water. You walk right out, you know you could, You're in the sand, you're swimming in the Mediterranean. Food was great, people were awesome, weather was awesome. So so yeah, a lot of fun there. So I'm a little bit jealous that you're you're getting to go to this one.
Speaker 2: It's tough. If it's tough, man, I'm flying in a die early. I got to die off. I'might have to take a boat out on the Mediterranean. Who work twelve days? I'm going to go to Greece for three days, tourists fly back.
Speaker 1: What's on the schedule?
Speaker 2: All right, we're kicking it off with some hold them events. We're going to have as a little bit of a weird schedule. But there's three to twenty five ks eight max, then a seven max and a six max. Okay, we're going to do a fifty K seven max. We're gonna do one hundred K eight max. All these events two day events played down to a final table streaming the next day on Poker Go. Then we have a mystery bountie.
Speaker 1: By the way, shout out to about those streaming. I think it's Jeff and Brent on the commentary who we're going to be waking up at the ass crack of dawn, maybe even when it's still dark out because of the time difference, so.
Speaker 2: That no, it's not that early.
Speaker 1: Good luck, guys.
Speaker 2: What are you talking them?
Speaker 1: How early is it check in? How what's the time difference?
Speaker 2: Eight nine hours, eight am, eight am specific time.
Speaker 1: You think Jeff Platt wakes up at eight am, Brent for sure, because he's got kids. I get it.
Speaker 2: Jeff does chef's up early. By the way, these are actually the lay is like six hours anyway, after that, we have the three hundred k Super High Rollerball that's three days of poker streaming every day on poker Go. And then to conclude the series, it's not being streamed, but we have a twenty five KPLO, a fifty k PLO and then the twenty five k PLO Mystery Bounty. So lots of fun events. Ten events schedule, big, big, big, big prize money going to be awarded over in North Cyprus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think it's it's great, you know, Like I said, I think moving this event over to a different location outside of the US is the correct move. So gonna be big. Are there a lot of US PGT regulars heading over there to play?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Would you say?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you the two biggest names. Are you ready for this? Jeremy Osmas I saw he was selling action on poker Stage. Let me check you right, they're heading there real quick. On that, I know we're probably gonna so well. Yeah, they're the two big American PGT players that are heading over that currently rank fifth and sixth on the PGT leaderboard. Another name confirmed outside the top ten, thirteenth place, Santosh Suvanna is heading over. But yeah, Aram Osmas they're coming for I think they just one or two results, they'll be on top of the leaderboard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just quickly. Both Aramzobian and Jeremy Osmas have action listed for this series on poker steak dot com, so you can get in there. Jeremy does have the Super High roller Bowl itself three hundred and six thousand dollars buying in total. He's got twenty five percent listed. He's sold just over half of that so far. So if you get in there before that event kicks off, you can get action of Jeremy Osmas. And based on the summer that he just had, why would you not have.
Speaker 2: He's definitely he's definitely due to finish third.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know he's also due to kind of win one of these things. Yeah, Jeremy has the Super High Rollable, the three hundred K. He also has a fifty K on there. He also has one hundred and two K on there as well, and then aram Zobian has a bunch of different events on there, a couple twenty five K bullets, fifty K bullet, and the hundred K is on there as well. So if you guys want to get action on those guys, then I would head on over to poker steak dot com. There's also some Poker Masters action that's starting to be listed. That's that's to come in September, so not too much on that. But again, if you want to action on some of these elite players, you can have on over to poker steak dot com. So the leaderboard for the PGT, you mentioned that if these guys have a big result, they could move to the top of the leaderboard. The leaderboard currently is Michael Rocco up on top eighteen hundred and thirty five points, follow followed by excuse me, Jonathan Tomayo, the twenty twenty four WSP Main Event champion. He's got seventeen hundred and thirty points. Jesse Lonis is third seventeen hundred thirteen points, Daniel Negraanu sixteen hundred and sixty points, Jeremy Osmas is in fifth fourteen ninety nine. Then it's a Ramzobian in sixth, Dylan Wiseman in seventh, David Coleman eighth, Jordan Griff who finished second to Tomio, He's in ninth, and then Kristen Foxen is in tenth place.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could see a bunch of these names in the top ten heading over there. We're definitely gonna see Ozmas. I'm not sure on Jesse Lonis. I know he's in Florida.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe these guys get some pomo and yeah, get out of the horse.
Speaker 1: I would guess we see Dylan Wiseman. Do we see Dylan Wiseman?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think we will.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see Aram for sure. David Coleman, I would guess is going he No, he.
Speaker 2: Was out and then he was in, and then he was out and then he was back in. So I don't know what he's done.
Speaker 1: Well, he also usually puts action up on Poker Steak, so I'm assuming if.
Speaker 2: He's also skipping pokemases, I believe. I mean, why he's gone to Australia to play WBT fucking three K main event in Australia.
Speaker 1: Have fun with that.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the kangaroos, buddy.
Speaker 1: Will we see the Foxes? Do they travel the Europe? I think Have they played Triton events and stuff?
Speaker 2: Oh? Maybe, I don't know. I feel like we could see Victor blom well, yeah, like like he was not on the list. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I like, can we see Leana nine hundred? But he hasn't. He played some Triton stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but man, the the big fifty five on Stars is under way that day, so he well it's not w coop yet, So that's what I'm saying, Like, maybe he's just like I need to lock down the WOP.
Speaker 1: Well, we could get Victor Blom, like you said. And if we get Victor Blom, I'm guessing we get Michael Rocco because those two were like going to the hip during the diacopy hanging out together. You mentioned roommates. Yeah, you mentioned Santos, Brian Rass. Do we get him, He's a could Brian Kim. I think we'll get Brian Kim, Nick Seal Shulman.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know about Shulman. He's he's a wild card as far as i'm.
Speaker 2: Big Hooney was in and then I think he's out now.
Speaker 1: But too much, too much club and for Big Hunie, he's.
Speaker 2: Got to prepare for the next July fourth party.
Speaker 1: Do we get Jared Blesnik No chance with the plow stuff. Yeah, even with all the ship talking he was doing about the Nola and hold him, guys, he's not gone. We're definitely gonna get Adrian Matteo's I saw quote on him. I saw quotes from Ben Heath, phil Ivy. Our guess is, yes, we should get the Finns Elis and Yoni and whoever else there's.
Speaker 2: There's two Finns confirmed, Yoni and a guy that had never heard of Aku Nistu or something.
Speaker 1: He's he's a big finish Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: They were confirmed, but that's all I can remember seeing.
Speaker 1: What about Sammy Sippolo.
Speaker 2: Didn't see his name on the list, Jonas Cronwalder didn't see his name on the list. I would.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we're gonna get Sergio Aido. No, he's oh, he's in Okay, Yeah, he's just like a quote. He's been on like a freaking foodie tour.
Speaker 2: In preparation, in preparation for Cyprus.
Speaker 1: The ones that I'm wondering about are like these big trading guys, so like Danny Tang obviously Paul Fois, those types of guys. We're gonna we can get those guys to cross on over to to play this series. Or Jason Kohn, for example.
Speaker 2: Not sure. Yeah, those names were not on the list, wouldn't surprise me. I mean, obviously I was looking at a list of reservations that were a couple of weeks ago, so a lot can change in the last two weeks. I mean, maybe we have one hundred people that are registered. So I guess we'll see once we Childwick kicked the tour off. Didn't see his name. I mean I would probably see Chidwick. We probably see Petangelos in. Yeah, we've probably in. We probably see Sean Winter, Seth Davis is in. Isaac Hackson. I can't remember saying his name, but I feel like he's one of the couple names that I would I feel like ik is someone that just I.
Speaker 1: Kind of I kind of lean that they're going to get in, even if they might not be on a list that you saw or whatever. It's feel like it, you know, in eric'sidell, I think is probably gonna come and yeah, we'll see. I mean, if if there's like Christoph Voegel saying, I think would certainly play, Ben Heath is a good one because obviously he doesn't come over to the States to play PGT events, you know, but he'll play a lot of the trit and stuff. He's obviously going to play this one. If we're getting Ben Heath, if we're getting Nick Pachangelo, I'm guessing we're getting Orpen Cogloo come over and play. So so yeah, it's gonna be a good feel. Chris Brewer, we're gonna get him.
Speaker 2: I can't remember saying him made that.
Speaker 1: Actually, I would think we might get Brewer. I would think we would get not Cho Barbara, although I'm not really sure. What's interesting is that a lot a lot of these these players that we are either going to get for sure because we know, or we might get like like a Jeremy Osmas for example, he's never played super high rollable. Yeah, and a lot of these guys have not played super high rollable. Maybe maybe there's somebody like Jeremy who you know, is an American, right, and he just hasn't played in the States because it hasn't been something a tournament that he's viewed as valuable.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But now that it's it's over in Europe, the field is going to be much larger. Maybe he views it as a little bit softer, so he's going to take his shots. Sell the action. It obviously helps to win a boatload of money like he did at the World Series of Poker this year, of course, so he's going to make the jump to go play there, and then a lot of these other guys you know that that don't come over or at least previously haven't come over to the US to play the Super High rolevel when it was in the States, partly because of the laws and the taxes and all that sort of stuff being a hindrance. And then also just at the Super High Rollable in the State, it's given all of that sort of stuff is just it's harder to get a larger player pool. So because of that, you know, you're gonna get a lot of those guys that will frequent all of the Trident stops, for example, come and then hopefully play this series, hopefully play the Super High Rollable. So I think that's that's really cool. I think we saw that a couple of years ago when we did the Super High Rollable Europe in Cyprus. You know, we did what was it two installments of that. You know, you saw a lot of guys that we wouldn't see for the regular Super High Rollable stuff. So I mean big picture, like, hopefully a lot of these guys get in there, they're able to bank a bunch of PGT points and then that then entices them to continue to chase that leaderboard standing so they can finish in the top forty and they can ultimately qualify for the million dollar free role. I would love to see that out of specifically phil Ivy, that's the one I want in the free roll, So let's go. He had some results of course at the World Series of Poker, he won a bracelet, So can we get phil Ivy in the free roll? Can we please? One time?
Speaker 2: Let's let's go.
Speaker 1: So after Super High Rollable Series, Slash Bowl, Slash Series Bowl, also the debut of the new Onyx Club. By the way, at the venue, we got Poker Masters coming up in September, that schedule is out and then recently announced we got the PGT Poo Series coming up in October. So it's a pretty jam pack. Yes, baby, let's go.
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 1: Are we still the highest PLO tight now but our highest with tide for the highest But like Trenton didn't, didn't do one hundred and twenty five kre some right, not yet?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know not yet, you know, like I love the trade stuff and it's just a matter of time before it comes. But like I saw the WSP Paradise schedule has one hundred k PLO on it. I know Trenton did one as well. You're gonna have to raise it one oh five next.
Speaker 2: Year, come on one ten, let's go. No, I should just be WPT and make it two hundred and twenty five ks Weeks said.
Speaker 1: Let's go, baby, No, that's that's cool. That's coming down. The pipeline is there. I mean, I know we're still a couple of months away, but is there a lot of interest for that still, like, because that's a very specific player pool that you always talk to.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think there's interest now that it's out, and as we start approaching the timeline, I think we'll gather some I'm going to do a little bit of promotion while I'm inside press.
Speaker 1: You better be collecting emails, names, phone numbers.
Speaker 2: I'm going to I already plan it. I'm going to give them the schedules, BUD schedules, a letter for the ARIA wiring information, and then I'm going to write a personalized letter inviting them to come play. Better tell and give it to every everyone that plays the PLO.
Speaker 1: You better tell them whatut the free role? You better have everything in there.
Speaker 2: I've got it. I've got it. I know what I'm doing. I'm just saying my first radio.
Speaker 1: I'm just making sure. Let's go, baby, all right? So uh, on poker Go starting in. When's it start? When's the streaming start?
Speaker 2: It's on Sunday, right, yes, so what's that date? Am?
Speaker 1: Nineteenth?
Speaker 2: The first stream is the eighteenth or Sunday eight am Pacific time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so on Poker Go, you guys can catch all that action, of course, culminating with the big and bad Super high rollerbrowl. I'm going to be tuning in every day. I love this high buying stuff. I think it's absolutely incredible. And yeah, that's all we got to talk about here. Looking ahead next well, hopefully we can do some pods while you're in Cyprus. Maybe you can grab some winners afterwards, maybe we can jump on a phone call, whatever it may be. I understand if audio quality may not be the best, but we'll deal with it because we're going on the road, baby, or at least you're going on the road for this series. So it'll be good to check in with some people over there, get a vibe of what's happening, all that sort of stuff. And then the kind of the biggest thing that I'm looking out for, and I know we hit about it earlier, is I want this WPT win World Championship schedule to come out like I want. I want to see it, I want to dissect it, I want to look at it. I want to see how it compares to the way Paradise stuff. December is going to be massive, of course, of course, and that's what I thought I'm looking forward to. So well, that's gonna do it for us. My name is Donnie Peters, his name is Tim Duckworth, and we'll talk to you guys soon.
Speaker 2: Thice Express