Speaker 1: Shall need advice so you don't happen.
Speaker 2: Come run into.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as you can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: Man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 2: Hello, what's happening today with us? It's car Day? Or you could say car Friday. Every Friday. By the way, the show in general will not change that much, except will emphasize cars a little more. You can still call with any other consumer issue. You know, there really is no place to discuss consumer issues. You can discuss politics and religion and philosophy, but.
Speaker 6: There's no word to really unload.
Speaker 2: And to just say, come on, man, this shouldn't be happening, or this should be happening, or why are we doing this? Or why are we doing that? And you probably, as a result, did not hear a lot about the Big Beautiful Bill as it pertains to certain consumer issues. The Big Beautiful Bill, did you know, excludes tax credits for solar So in the latest edition they've dropped out all tax credits for solar systems. Now, think about that. Solar system installations were down in twenty twenty four thirty anyway, and then the industry was making big adjustments a lot of companies went bankrupt. Now we have, of course Red Rocks RS, Red Rocks, roof and Solar. Of course they're they're a dealer, they're an installer, they're a servicer. Will always be a lot of service and stuff needed. But until they do it. Now, this is not a commercial here. I mean not that it matters. If it was, who cares? I love them, But you can still get in under the old law. You can still do it. And every indication is is that it's not going to be around anymore, but they might put it back in. If people write to their lawmakers saying we think tax credits are important.
Speaker 7: Why would you do that though?
Speaker 2: Why would somebody write saying we think tax credits are important for solar systems if they.
Speaker 8: Think they're being taken away for cars as well, electric cars?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah, Well, my personal opinion is the tax credits. Of course, they cost us money, right, so we have to weigh the costs with the benefit. I think personally that evs and solar on houses helps not just the environment.
Speaker 6: Okay, we they it does have a footprint.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's going to stop climate change or any of that stuff. I'm not getting into that because to produce the batteries and stuff, there's a cost. There's an eco cost to everything. But I think it helps air quality. I think it helps local air quality, especially in cities like Denver. But I think that it's just I just think solar is a good idea.
Speaker 8: I don't believe in local air quality. You don't believe in want Mark local air quality. Hell, there can be a fire in Canada and we have it here downtown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you're you're right, You're right, air is air. But what I meant was there are a lot of cities though, where evs I think can make a dent and help. So what Mark, do you think we should not have incentives as you do you think?
Speaker 8: I absolutely love my Teslas one hundred percent. I did not get any tax credits, but I kind of liked it when it was out there because it helps Elon and Tesla, and I own a bunch of their stock. Now if I didn't own their stock, i'd feel a completely different way. I generally don't feel I should be paying for Jeff Solar System or anybody solar system. I don't believe in tax credits for much. I think it's a good way of cheating.
Speaker 2: Okay, So in general, you don't like incentives and tax credits for people.
Speaker 7: For almost anything.
Speaker 8: I think Denver gives so much money for like free electric bikes. I mean, why am I paying for someone else electric bike?
Speaker 7: That's insane?
Speaker 2: And let me bring something up that I feel is pretty cool. And he's been consistent for years. Mark, He'll tell you he is a selfish voter and he is an I don't mean that in a bad way. He is a selfish voter and a selfish observer of the current climate. He wants to know how is this affecting me? And a lot of people don't do that. They don't do it, but.
Speaker 7: I think they don't say it, but they do it.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, Mark, I think most voters vote because of what they think is going to affect them personally.
Speaker 2: Okay, But well, as Mark said, they don't say that. They they they talk about lofty ideas when it comes to the environment or other things, but they might vote against that privately. I believe that's so A lot of.
Speaker 7: Think most people are that way.
Speaker 8: They want to act like their self right or yeah, self righteous, you know.
Speaker 7: But in general, if it affects you it affects you.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to RZ. I believe, I hope I'm pronouncing it right.
Speaker 10: R Z.
Speaker 6: Arz I RZ that.
Speaker 11: Thank you pronouncing it exactly right.
Speaker 2: Well, what's going on with you? RZI? What's happening?
Speaker 11: Thanks to Martino Lows my oldest sister, I lost my mother, I lost my dad and another sister just about all at the same time. Well, I have a young lady that's my younger sister, and I got doubts about that as far as that goes. But I became the personal representative of my parents of state and my oldest sister Coosetta, and I got an attorney from where my wife used to work, and williams we Pepple and through.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't need to need to know each and every name or or syllable or needs you. So go on with your story, though I'm interested. So you were a personal representative for your mom and your older sister.
Speaker 6: Keep going.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And the the people that were my attorneys, they got Incoho's here with my supposedly youngest sister.
Speaker 2: Now I need to ask some basic questions, Arsie, how many people? How many people? Right? Now are surviving in the family, You and your youngest sister and who else?
Speaker 12: Two half brothers?
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going then.
Speaker 11: And I am the oldest of them.
Speaker 2: Old I got it. One sister and two half brothers. So where are we going with the story? Though? You're saying that the attorney is he making private deals with what is he? And who chose this attorney to represent the estate?
Speaker 12: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay? And how did you find the attorney? I don't need to know a lot about the attorney, but how did you find this firm?
Speaker 11: My wife worked for the firm.
Speaker 2: Now you understand, as personal representative, you can fire that firm if you think they're making underhanded dealings. But it might just be your imagination. Arzi, tell me what you think they're doing wrong?
Speaker 11: Well, they've taken the estate out of my hand? How well they who kind of way went to the court or something? Man, I'm not the person or representative anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on now, hold on, hold on. I did not realize so they took away that They could have only done that if one of the heirs complained. So did someone who complained? Your youngest sister? Yes?
Speaker 6: Did the two brothers?
Speaker 2: Did the two brothers go along with her.
Speaker 11: That's what is happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on and hold on, because what I want to do is get maybe Dan McKenzie on if we can get him to discuss this RZI. It's very difficult to displace someone as a personal representative. I can only assume that there were some evidence or something there, or that you didn't put up a stink.
Speaker 7: But are they what are they claiming?
Speaker 8: Are they saying like you're on drugs, or you're an alcoholic, or you're a felon. They must be alleging something, whether it's miss or mishandling the estate.
Speaker 6: What are they accusing you of?
Speaker 11: They're saying that I misshandled the estate, okay, but do share reasons of whatever it is. And then saying that I stole money.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's really important.
Speaker 11: That's a lie.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not saying it's true or not, but they must have had They must have had something for the judge to act. So hold on it. We'll come back to you. I'm Tom Martino. Joe wants to talk about an oil change, John wants to talk about a solar issue. All of that right after this waterpros dot net The best water systems, the lowest prices anywhere. Get your drinking water reverse osmosis just twelve hundred dollars three oh three eight six two five five five four. Never buy bottled water again. Waterpros dot Net. I'm Tom Martino, You're a troubleshooter. By the way, speaking of things for your house, fix at twenty four to seven is doing that extreme clean check in tune and believe me, you're gonna need it. You've already need it right Your air conditioners work hard. They did it for me. Spend about two hours disassembling that ac. It looked like, my god, a complete rebuilding of the system, and it works better and will last longer. Fix my home dot com book now, Fix myhome dot com book now. Now let's go back to Arzi, because I think Mark what he did was what we call bury the lead, meaning that the main issue here. He was removed as personal representative from his and from his mom's estate and his oldest sister's estate based on alleged improprieties.
Speaker 7: That's one way you'll say it.
Speaker 6: That's right. Alleged he was accused of stealing.
Speaker 8: Money, missing and then depending on what he spent the money on, apparently a judge thought it was not good to spend the money on that.
Speaker 2: Why don't you go ahead, Arsie and fill in the details for us.
Speaker 11: Okay, first of all, I haven't spent any money. I haven't touched any of the money except the money that I took that my sister was spending. I put it. I put it in uh a cashiers check at the bank that I ended up everything in my sister's name.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, Arzie, you did this while she was still alive.
Speaker 13: Wow? Who cos thata?
Speaker 6: While you're yeah, well you're okay.
Speaker 2: So you made a cashier's check, you said, on money she's spending. Well, what the heck does that mean when she passed away? How much? Well here's what I need to know. Well, how much money came out of the estate after they both passed away. Just I don't need to know what it was for and if it was right or wrong? How much total came out of the estates.
Speaker 11: We don't know, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What do you mean we don't know you were in charge? How much money was withdrawn from their accounts?
Speaker 14: We don't.
Speaker 11: I don't know that they have put me out of Marzine.
Speaker 2: Before they kick you out, hold on, before they kick you out.
Speaker 6: These two people died.
Speaker 2: You were appointed the personal representative at some point. How long were you personal representative? A day or a week, a year?
Speaker 6: How long?
Speaker 11: Maybe a good five five or six months?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: During that five or six months, how much came out of the estates? You can't say. I don't know because you were in charge for that five or six months. How much came out of the estates?
Speaker 11: Mister Martino, there's the attorneys that I had chose to make Barris a sister, my younger sister, a co personal represented.
Speaker 2: Old personal Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 6: So so you don't know what she was doing.
Speaker 2: You only know what you were doing, So you don't know how much was taken out. What proof did they What proof did they offer in court that you were stealing money?
Speaker 15: And nobody's gone to court?
Speaker 2: Okay, So they just made the accusation and the judge appointed your sister instead of you.
Speaker 11: I was a pointed the personal representedgy. They added her as a co personal representedgy.
Speaker 2: So what's wrong with that? What's tell me how this is affecting you?
Speaker 11: I don't I'm not a part of any of it anymore.
Speaker 2: So, why why do you care?
Speaker 11: Why do I care?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 6: Why do you care?
Speaker 11: I want my mother to state in my sister the state back and to do what I was supposed to do with it instead of it advance.
Speaker 2: Okay, all ri Rzie, I'm arsie. I'm letting you control this conversation. You want it back, to do what was supposed to be done. What was supposed to be done.
Speaker 11: I was gonna split the money, that's what.
Speaker 2: Split the money. You were gonna split the money four ways? Yes, okay? And instead of splitting the money, what did your sister do with the money? What is going on with the money? Now?
Speaker 11: They've taken it all?
Speaker 2: What do you mean they have taken it all? Who is they?
Speaker 11: Her attorneys and her and they've taken every bit of it?
Speaker 2: And how much was it? How much?
Speaker 11: I don't know all of that either. I know this sounds crazy, but.
Speaker 2: How do you know? Here?
Speaker 6: You here, listen to what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I was my sister has made personal representative. She and her attorneys, in cahoots with the judge, took everything. So how much is everything? And if you don't know, then how do you know they even took it? How do you know it's not still there?
Speaker 11: Because I'm not able to reach any of.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean it's not there. Arsie. You made an accusation that every dime has been taken, Yet you don't know what's n.
Speaker 11: It Hay every time?
Speaker 2: How do you know?
Speaker 11: I don't have access to it.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm asking. If you don't have access, how do you know it was taken? Who is who are you talking to? Arsie? Arsie? Who are you talking to? Who? Who's right over your shoulder there? Who is it?
Speaker 16: Who?
Speaker 14: My wife?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Does she want to talk to us?
Speaker 2: Maybe I can speak with her seriously, I want to try.
Speaker 17: To help you want to be doing?
Speaker 2: What's rs What? What is your wife's name?
Speaker 18: M A?
Speaker 2: R I?
Speaker 8: Mari?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me talk to Maria. I'm right here, Hey, Mari, what do you think is going on? Just give me what your gut is telling you.
Speaker 19: What my gut is telling me is that.
Speaker 3: Rsi's sister.
Speaker 19: And her attorneys have helped her steal the money out of the estate of Kosanna Hammock West and his parents, Clifford and Thelma West.
Speaker 6: How do you know that.
Speaker 19: We haven't seen are these parents passed? Away, Arthy was the oldest child, which the estate should have gone to him.
Speaker 2: That it's not that is not necessarily true. It doesn't. It doesn't automatically go to the oldest that's you know, you're quoting laws that don't exist. So what if you guys don't have access, How do you know the money has been taken?
Speaker 19: Because we had an account where the money was held at one point.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and how much money? How much money are we talking about?
Speaker 19: Well, at the time that we were looking at it there it was well over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars. It could have been.
Speaker 15: Up to two three.
Speaker 11: Even more than that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: What happened to the house.
Speaker 20: Now which we had?
Speaker 2: Well, which any of them? Any of them? What happened to the real estate in general? What happened to it?
Speaker 16: We sold a.
Speaker 19: House, We sold the houses?
Speaker 2: Okay, So right now, Mari, is the bottom line this and I don't mean this in a bad way.
Speaker 6: It is our z calling because he wants his share.
Speaker 19: Sure, well, yeah, we wont our share.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on a second, just hold on a second.
Speaker 2: You know it is it is. It is befuddling to me how many people are accused of wrongdoing when they're brothers and sisters and friends. When it comes to the States, it is it is nasty. Mark. How many times have we heard people being accused of stealing or being in cahoots with the judge? Really well, really good?
Speaker 8: I mean it's well. Being in cahoots with the judge is just silly. I mean unless he's a relative and someone left that out. Why would the judge be in cahoots with anybody? No, there's no reason why.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly, Here's what I want to do. I want to get Dan mckenzion, not to try to solve this problem at this moment, but to do a general what do they do to get a general accounting and to make the estate at least report to them. So get Dan mckenzion to talk in general terms for us. I have to take this break now. We are working on this oil change problem with Joe. He's going to be next, along with John who has a follow up from a year ago. We'll look into that. I'm Tom Martine. Jeff Thick is in the studio. He's with Kimera Transmission and we'll be talking cars today as well. I looked up some very interesting information on cars that last long and cars that don't.
Speaker 6: All of that coming up right.
Speaker 2: After this seven one, three, eight, two, five five. Okay, so we're going to wait on Dan McKenzie for that estate issue. Let's talk about oil changes. We have Jeff fake Kimera transmission. Joe wants to talk about an issue with an oil change. What the heck's going on, Joe.
Speaker 17: Hey, I just want to comment first on.
Speaker 21: Your opening monologue about electric vehicles. All I have to say is, man made global warming is a scam.
Speaker 17: It's a farce. Uh, it's a joke, and I hope you guys don't do.
Speaker 2: Too much well Joe, you know I wasn't discussing I wasn't talking about evs to stop climate change. I mean, people can come down on that issue wherever they want. I was talking about them. I just think they're a great alternative.
Speaker 8: I have the same opinion as you do, and I own two Teslas, but I don't I didn't buy the Teslas right to be green. I bought them because they drive themselves and they're the fastest car made.
Speaker 22: I got.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, Yeah, I'm with so.
Speaker 21: I have no problem with electric vehicles, none whatsoever. But I they're not driving any they're not driving salvation from climate change.
Speaker 2: And Joe, Joe, you know what, I come down kind of on your side too. Here's what I think. There are definitely meteorological changes taking place in the atmosphere and around the world in cycles that have been happening for millions of years. What Here's what I find funny that we believe when Joe Biden used to talk about his legislation for climate change, he's passed more legislation or got more things through for climate change than any president in history. What I'm getting at is what folly it is to believe that we are going to change climate cycles. I mean, that's what I think. I just think that I don't know where I come down on the issue on the causes and effects and all of that. I'm going to profess my ignorance. But one thing I do know is that we as individuals and as one country or another cannot change the climate.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 8: One volcano, one big volcano is equal to what I forget. It's like years, you know, years and years and years of vis and years of oil and smoke and everything. Or a huge fire like in Canada or Colorado, same thing.
Speaker 2: Look, there is something going on, and Joe, in general, I believe we should all be good stewards of the environment. Obviously we don't want to purposely damage our earth. But I'm when I talked about evs, it had nothing to do with you know, climate change or do it for this or do it for that, or sustainable energy. I just like evs and think they're a great alternative, and I like stuff like that, and I like solar systems for homes because it can save you money. So anyway, so what's going on with your oil change?
Speaker 21: I'm just curious what the curate that current thought process is on whether or not an oil change is necessary after your first thirty thousand miles in a new vehicle.
Speaker 22: Jeff, Oh, I definitely would. Yeah. So I mean you've got all sorts of stuff that you know it's wearing in, so you're going to have particular that's going to actually accumulate there. You want to get it out.
Speaker 6: When would you do it, Jeff? On a new car, when.
Speaker 2: Would you do it?
Speaker 22: One thousand mile mark that he just mentioned is a good point. That's a good place to go. I mean you probably go up to two thousand, or maybe even twenty five hundred. But yeah, an early oil change, I would consider it necessary.
Speaker 17: Yes, all right, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: I'll do it.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 2: What kind of car do you have? Man? You can't get off that easy?
Speaker 6: A kind of car?
Speaker 21: I don't want to say, because I'm scared to death that the training's gonna fail on me after.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 17: No, it's an one?
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 22: Yeah, they're having problems with those ten speeds out there right now.
Speaker 2: You said that last week.
Speaker 7: There there must be a ton of problems.
Speaker 22: There is a ton of problems.
Speaker 7: What is the main deal?
Speaker 22: They're just a lot of the engineering and a lot of what they put into it. You know, the trash can that's in there, it's aluminum, you know. Now the aftermarket's come out with a steel want to fix it it? The converters have a captive clutching there that does not work properly. We've gotten them bad right out of the box. The new solenoids they've got in there, they actually worked like a mechanical solenoid. They don't they're not diverting oil. They actually push on the valves themselves. The keepers actually start to wear out the solenoids are moving in and out of the Voel bodies, causing all sorts of shift complaints, poor design, poor design, flat out Wow.
Speaker 20: So they're trying to be there.
Speaker 21: I think, in my opinion, they were possibly over an engineering it to be green compliant.
Speaker 22: Well, the engineers were actually mechanics themselves, so they understood the car. Yeah, they're just engineers.
Speaker 8: Well, and plus a lot of those regulations were rolled back. Man, I mean we're going to start seeing cars built better, hopefully, hopefully.
Speaker 2: You know what. It's a really really nice looking truck, though, isn't it? Man? It's really nice, look nicely, Joe, what color did you get?
Speaker 21: It's gray, beautiful of dark gray and a platinum so it's got all the bells and whistles.
Speaker 20: It's a beauty.
Speaker 21: It drives like a dream.
Speaker 2: Now do you need a pickup or did you just get it because you liked the vehicle?
Speaker 17: I do not need a pickup.
Speaker 21: I haven't driven anything but a pickup for thirty or forty years.
Speaker 2: There's funny, Oh boy, isn't that funny? There are so many people like Joe, and I'm wondering how many if you had to make an admission right now, have a car for other reasons other than mission, Like the mission would be of you're a contractor, you need to pick up. But if you are not a contractor and you don't ever use a pickup. You know, how many people are there that have cars they don't need, Like there are people that have SUVs they would never use, or vehicles that are excellent for off roading, but they never off road. I'm just curious how many people buy cars for just I don't know, just for what they I do for Yeah, just because you like it, right, you don't look.
Speaker 6: At the mission, Just like with the EV you have.
Speaker 2: You love the EV. You love all the all the bells and whistles and the self driving and all of that. So but I wonder how many, Jeff, I wonder how many people you get in there that have a vehicle because they need it or is it just because? You know?
Speaker 22: I never tend to ask that question.
Speaker 2: I don't. Yeah, I know it's not a question that's often asked. Anyway. We have more coming up. I'm Tom Martino. Hey, welcome to the show. I have a fun index that I want to go over when we have time on the most American made cars, even though some cars are assembled here. If you take all of their if you take all of their components and stuff and add them all up, there's a score this one website, dude on the most and the least most American made cars. Anyway, let's go back to the phones here, John, you have a follow up from a year ago. Now, what did we do a year ago with this problem? Let's just start there. What did we do because I can't find it anywhere.
Speaker 14: Well, I had called you to let you know about Palmetto.
Speaker 2: Solar and what was the problem at the time.
Speaker 6: What was the problem at the time.
Speaker 14: What they had told me is that they had to remove the.
Speaker 13: Oak tree in on the south lawn.
Speaker 14: Before it would have enough sun to do.
Speaker 2: You know what that kind of that kind of rings a bell with me. So are you still calling about that same issue or what are you calling about?
Speaker 14: I just wanted to call you and give you an updated.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 14: They said that they were going to remove the tree with no cost to me. And I had an agreement with a guy named Scott Anderson who set up the whole thing, that there would be no talk of any financing until the.
Speaker 13: System was turned on and tested. So they come out to turn.
Speaker 14: It on and test it. And I had asked them. I said, well, you said you're going to remove the tree first, so let's get that done.
Speaker 13: And then I pretended, like you know, they never said.
Speaker 14: They were going to that, They never said they needed to remove the tree. And I was confused, and I said, well, first of all.
Speaker 13: Uh, you said you had to remove it and you were.
Speaker 14: Going to test the system before we talked.
Speaker 2: About Yeah, Bro, John John, let's just John without John, without John, without having that in writing, none of it's going to matter because they're just going to deny it.
Speaker 14: Exactly. But what I'm getting at is the person that set up the whole thing, Scott Anderson, said it would be tested to prove that it would produce enough electricity to cover my electric bild before they even talk.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to talk hold on a say I know why you're calling. I I know why you're calling, even though it's been a year, because you were you you had the system without any payment whatsoever, and now that they want to be paid, now you're bringing up problems. What I want to know is why weren't why weren't you working on these problems for the past year.
Speaker 14: I have I hired a lawyer. They paid the lawyer off. She went away.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, John, John, Wait, John, John, you can't make statements like that and keep going. You said you hired a lawyer and they paid her off. Now that's a pretty serious accusation, and that alone, right hold on, John, that alone, right there will win you your case. So what proof do you have that this took a payoff?
Speaker 14: Because she gave me my two thousand dollars retainer back and said that you either take their deal or leave.
Speaker 6: Okay, why do you believe that?
Speaker 2: So? So do you have do you have proof? Every once in a while, John, I want you to listen to me. Do they Do you have proof of a payoff from them to her?
Speaker 14: No, just the fact that she paid me back the retainer.
Speaker 2: Is it possible?
Speaker 6: I want to ask you a question.
Speaker 17: Is it possible put two and two together?
Speaker 2: You know, is it possible? Is it possible that this attorney really thought what they were offering was the best deal? And I think she sounds like an exceptional attorney. You see, some attorneys lie to their clients and make them spend a lot of money over a non issue.
Speaker 6: Now, what I'd like to do is look at the issue.
Speaker 2: You had a palmetal palmetto install the solar system and when did you notice you had a problem with the system?
Speaker 6: Was it ever activated?
Speaker 14: I found out when I started getting calls from goodly pancing companies saying that I owed them forty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: See John, I'm not talking to John, have you Okay, let's put John on hold. Unless John can answer my questions and stay on topic, I'm not gonna help them. Okay, there's nothing we can do. I know why he's calling. He's calling because he owes money. That's why he's calling. But I want to talk about the system, and if you let me, I can help you if you answer questions.
Speaker 6: More coming up on The Troubleshooter.
Speaker 23: Show, ripped up, need you don't help? Running?
Speaker 4: Just as the cad the Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martine, Hello Tom Martina.
Speaker 24: Here.
Speaker 2: Today is Car Day on the Troubleshooter Show. In our forty fifth year, solving problems, answering questions and taking complaints. And it's car So on Friday we concentrate on car calls, but we'll take any call, any and all calls, and any problem question complain. So cars dot Com did a a survey, not a survey, a research project where they went to each and every make and model of each and every car, and they looked at every component, and they looked at where the cars are assembled and came up with a score on what's most American made? And obviously it's Tesla, but not all models. The Tesla why is the number one? Well, not one percent, but most American made car? It's the model why Tesla. Honda Passport is second. So they looked they even break it down into models. Hey, let's talk now, John, you have a solar system problem, but I need to get some basics when you how long ago did you have that system installed?
Speaker 14: A little over a year ago?
Speaker 2: Okay? And and at the time, how much did you pay?
Speaker 25: Uh?
Speaker 14: That was what I was calling you about the agreement I had with Scott Anderson.
Speaker 2: What do you do I want to know. I don't want to know the agreement with Scott Anderson because that won't hold up it will. I need the agreement you had in writing. What agreement did you have in writing?
Speaker 14: That's the only agreement I had in writing? That he was going to design the system and test it and then we would talk about the finances.
Speaker 2: Talk about what by talking about the finances, are you telling me you had no idea what this system was going to cost you?
Speaker 14: That's exactly what, right, That's what he told me.
Speaker 2: So, so if it what? What if it turned out to be five hundred thousand dollars? What would you have done.
Speaker 14: Five hundred thousand?
Speaker 2: John? I'm John. You just told me that you had no idea. John, You just told me you had no idea how much this system was going to cost you. You had no idea. You you made a contract that was playing okay?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 2: Did the contract have a price on it?
Speaker 14: He said, if I will, if I agreed to the installation and the test, that we would talk about the contract in the range of forty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And that's what the contract says. We're going to do a test first and then talk about the system. Yeah. I told them, Okay, I need to see a copy of the contract. Do you have a dude, listen, I think we can help you a lot. Do you have a copy of the contract.
Speaker 14: Do you have the contract? No?
Speaker 2: Okay? It was so so you don't if you don't have a copy of the contract in agreement, you don't have a copy of the contract. But you you're telling me the contract says that. Beat there. You're telling me that the contract says before they do anything, they're going to build a complete system and test.
Speaker 14: It correct because I was wanting to make sure that it produced enough electricity.
Speaker 2: I get it. So your contract, said, Bill, Your contract says that first they're going to build a system and let you test it and will not hold you responsible until after that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's what I signed in front of Scott Anderson.
Speaker 2: Well, Mark, don't you think that's a slam dunk victory?
Speaker 7: I don't believe it.
Speaker 6: What don't you believe? I don't just said I.
Speaker 8: Don't think anybody's gonna be if I'm understanding this right, They're going to build the whole system and make sure it does what and then if the guy doesn't like it, he's not gonna have to pay for it.
Speaker 7: I guess I'm a little loss.
Speaker 2: Did they Yeah? John? If the test didn't work, John, if the test didn't work, then what what did the contracts say they would do?
Speaker 13: But we never got to that point.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, John, is what did you? May I ask something? Are you are? I want to ask a question. Are you working right now? Do you have a career or are you retired?
Speaker 14: I am a truck driver. I can't deliver at.
Speaker 7: I'd like to see the contract. Why don't you send us over that contract?
Speaker 2: He doesn't have the contract? Oh well, he has no contract. So here's what John is telling how the.
Speaker 14: Police report the the Aurora.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, wait, a police report for what?
Speaker 14: The lawyer got a copy of it for the pro is there? Admitted? Because they went and John playing it?
Speaker 6: Okay, tell us about the police report.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, okay, because they took that the agreement that I had with Scott and wrote up a different agreement they called an installation agreement, and they grafted my signature onto that saying that that's what I signed, was not what I signed.
Speaker 2: Okay. So you're gonna tell me even if we get a copy of the contract, it's gonna be fraudulent. Yeah.
Speaker 14: And it's been filed with the the Aurora Police Department and the Colorado State Attorney General's Office.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that John, I'm gonna give you some news. I'm gonna give you some news. I want to give you some news that you're not gonna you're not gonna like, but I'm gonna tell you you're gonna lose this case.
Speaker 14: I've never even had had the case go to court, yet.
Speaker 6: It will and you're gonna lose.
Speaker 14: They they won't They won't take me to court because they won't even test the system that they agreed to test before.
Speaker 2: We John John no one wrote, no One wrote A. Now, I believe there could have been There could have been a salesperson that lied to you. There could be to get a commission. They lied to and said, hey, John, don't worry about it. But we don't have to worry about this. We don't have to worry about any of this until it's up and running and we test it. Mark, I believe there could have been a salesperson who lied to him and tried to get it.
Speaker 8: Decide does that have to do with anything? If there's no proof when you're in court.
Speaker 6: Right nothing.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying to John is if he has a system on, does the system operate right now? John?
Speaker 14: No, they've never turned it on.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he has a system, you know where there was a basic Wait a second, he has a system it was never activated. He claims they did not hold up their end of the bargain and their promises. He has no proof of those promises in and he said any proof that they offer will be fraudulent because they forged his signature. Go ahead, that's it in a Hutchhow.
Speaker 7: Here's a real attorney. Have a copy of it?
Speaker 9: Can he get it from his attorney?
Speaker 2: It's not a question of getting it doc because it doesn't matter if we get a copy of the contract. He's simply gonna say they forged his name. He is a moving target.
Speaker 8: Well, listen, here's something that might actually work. Brooke has told us numerous times that most of these finance companies do not get or most of the people getting paid by the finance companies the solar companies, if they can't get it on and turned on onto the grid, generally she can get the loan canceled and they'll go back after the installer. Let's ask her about that, because that's the only real out I see for this guy.
Speaker 2: I Mark, here's the thing. He's got all these things that were promised to him and John, you really.
Speaker 10: Do know, I forget that they had said that they had to remove the oak tree on the south lawn before it would actually get enough sun to work. That's their words.
Speaker 2: And man, how are you gonna be done?
Speaker 6: How are you going to prove those words?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 6: How are you going to prove him?
Speaker 14: Well, you're subpoena. You get them in court and you have them testified to what they had told you about the system.
Speaker 2: Okay, and they're gonna admit it.
Speaker 6: They're gonna admit it.
Speaker 2: They're going to admit.
Speaker 10: Everything that you just have to.
Speaker 2: Oh really, really, so they wouldn't. They could never lie. That's impossible.
Speaker 14: They're gonna lie in front of me after they already promised me this in front of John.
Speaker 6: Have you seen an attorney about this that you?
Speaker 10: You did see.
Speaker 2: An attorney, John, didn't you? And when you saw an attorney, I'll just keep talking as well as you're talking, because you're not listening. Your attorney said to take the deal. What deal were they offering?
Speaker 14: Oh like four hundars less than the forty six thousand?
Speaker 2: Okay, So your attorney looked at this and must have thought they had a solid contract would make what would make you happy right now? What would make you happy right now?
Speaker 13: I would be happy if they if they tested the system, improved.
Speaker 14: It worked, and if it does, then what cover the electricity?
Speaker 6: Let's say it does, then.
Speaker 14: Electricity of my electric bill.
Speaker 2: Let's say they test it and it.
Speaker 14: Works like Scott Anderson promised.
Speaker 2: Let's say Scott Anderson is gone, so forget about that. Let's say they test the system and it's producing electricity. Then what.
Speaker 14: We see how much electric If it covers or more than covers of the deal, then I got a deal right. If it doesn't, ever and hold on the center of the deal, like the referrals you hear online, John, you're.
Speaker 6: Making up Okay, just forget it.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's We can't help John, Honest to God, I'm not going to take this case.
Speaker 6: We can't help him.
Speaker 2: He makes up terms and conditions as he goes along. He says, you know, I heard online ten percent of the deal. I mean, he's making up terms and conditions as he goes and he talks about Scott Anderson as if it's biblical truth. He's not going to win this case. It's a losing battle, and we're wasting our time. We are absolutely wasting our time. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three O three seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five. Today you can get an insurance checkup for complimentary now. A compass does insurance checkups to make sure you're not paying too much for insurance, that you're not undercovered, or that you're not overcovered. The Insurance helps Center dot Com three nine six nine thousand by Tom Martine. You're a troubleshooter of three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Let's continue here, And I really I want to say this. I do want to help people.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 2: One guy said, Tom, you didn't help that guy at all. Well, I did help the people listening. I helped the people listening know not to be such a stupid person. I mean, that guy is so ignorant. He doesn't even know how ignorant he is. See, those are the worst kind of people that think they have facts and figures. And he's gonna go win. This guy had nothing in writing, nothing, and the stuff that was in writing. He's going to insist his signature was forged, and he will decide to pay for the system based on how much electricity it generates. Then he'll talk about it. He truly believes that that company needs to cowtow to his all of his terms and conditions.
Speaker 8: And they don't even care because they got paid by the finance company.
Speaker 7: They really don't give a crap.
Speaker 2: And then here's the other thing. He says his attorney was paid off anyone who doesn't agree with him.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a shame.
Speaker 2: It's truly a shame that he's a hard working truck driver and this man is going to go through life getting flim flims his whole life.
Speaker 8: He really should, though, reach out, and I hope he's still listening. You need to reach out to the finance company and tell them they never turned it on, they never finished the job. If that part's true, you might have something there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know every day, I mean, come on, forty five years and fifty years elsewhere, if you count up my career, I have to call it like it is. Sometimes there are people that are just stupid.
Speaker 6: Is that bad to say they're just stupid?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: And okay, so now let's talk to Richard about his excel smart meters, not stupid meters, but smart meters. Richard, what's going on?
Speaker 26: Okay, So I've got solar on, I have a house and a garage, separate meters.
Speaker 6: Do you like Solar?
Speaker 2: I don't mind it?
Speaker 7: Okay, what was the hell of a could you elaborate on that question though? What does that mean?
Speaker 25: Well?
Speaker 26: I got it because I've seen the power belt keep going up and up, and I figured at least with Solar, i'd.
Speaker 22: Have one even payment.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so continue your story. So you have solar, you have a meter on your garage in your house. Keep going yep.
Speaker 26: So the way it was set up is the would credit the garage first and then aggregate down to the house.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's been.
Speaker 26: Perfect last three years. I've always produced way more power than I needed for both buildings. So my bill has been about twenty two dollars on each building.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 26: So, and that's just all the connection fees stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, how long have you had the system?
Speaker 6: How long have you had the system?
Speaker 26: June will be I think four years?
Speaker 6: Okay, got it.
Speaker 26: So when they put the smart meters on the first month or the first ball I got, the garage was two hundred and twelve dollars and the house is two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: What give me nothing? Else changed. Your bill went from twenty two dollars a month to over two hundred. Yes, sir, nothing else changed, No, sir, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 26: And so I called him and I was like, hey, since the smart meter has been on, what's going on? Why is my bill so high?
Speaker 2: And they gave me, well.
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 26: I don't think your solar's producing. I'm like, well, according to my app it is.
Speaker 23: Well.
Speaker 2: Did you also tell him that your history has been twenty two dollars a month? Yeah? I told him.
Speaker 26: I was like, look back at my previous bills for the last three years. You'll see that it's I have solo. That's why why my bills are solo. And then this last bill I got because they said, okay, we'll look in do it get back to you, and of course they never did, so I got another bill.
Speaker 2: Now, by the way, was the smart meter something you selected that you wanted to do or did they tell you you had.
Speaker 26: To do it that I got an email said we're coming out to install smart meters on your property and that was pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yet, well, there's got to be an explanation.
Speaker 8: There's no way your usage goes here's the deal, and I think Brooke can probably talk to this better. But the bottom line is because of that smart meter, what I'm guessing is it's not registering the overflow of electricity that they're buying from him, or that's going back to the grid. I bet you that's it. I just have no idea how that's rectified.
Speaker 2: We got to get Brooke on. Let's try to get her on. I mean, we do, okay, So anyway, what what tell me the latest? What is the latest you're hearing? And what's going on with it?
Speaker 25: Well?
Speaker 26: My second bill was five hundred and fifty dollars for the shop?
Speaker 2: What what do you do in that shop?
Speaker 26: On a car on the weekend occasionally?
Speaker 2: And and your bill's five hundred dollars fifty?
Speaker 26: Oh my god, I thought he said fifty nothing.
Speaker 7: So there's definitely a problem here.
Speaker 2: Let's just mark it went from twenty two dollars to five hundred and fifty.
Speaker 7: When was the smart meter installed?
Speaker 14: It?
Speaker 7: Did all this come about after?
Speaker 26: Yes, sir?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, let's get her on. She'll know the answer.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's just hold on a second. We got to figure out this guy's getting screwed.
Speaker 7: And then, I mean there's no way till Susanna Attixel. We absolutely do, so I can send it over to her.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's get info of what they need to look at, and we can get dishandled and get you that credit.
Speaker 6: Bro Yeah, there's got it.
Speaker 2: Well, Richard, what's the latest that Excel tells you though? What's the latest?
Speaker 26: I talked to him two weeks ago and I said, I looked on your website and seeing these meters are optional, I want I'm off my building.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good?
Speaker 6: What did they say?
Speaker 26: They said they'll schedule something and get back to me for the house. And they said the garage, even though it's personal, since it's an outbuilding, is considered commercial and everybody in the commercial side is out until July.
Speaker 6: Are you kidding? What are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Come on, I.
Speaker 26: Asked them for their business plan, so this is like a joke.
Speaker 2: It's like a joke, man, Yes, sir, Okay, hold on, We're going to try to get you some help. Let's mark this pending, get Brooke on and then let's get somebody over it exceled to look into this problem. All right, hold on, Richard, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. Don't forget Genesis Total Exteriors if you have storm damage. They do everything from the roof to the siding, gutters, painting, dex and more. Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com. Tom Martina here, Welcome to the show on Carday. And by the way, some of the top selling vehicles happen to be the top depreciating vehicles as categories go.
Speaker 6: In the first five years.
Speaker 2: For example, evs, SUVs, hybrids, and trucks are the top four categories for depreciation. They're also the top four categories for sales. Isn't that weird? So people are buying and they're saying, Hey, you know that's because people don't really understand depreciation. In fact, I doubt anyone checks figures for depreciation on models.
Speaker 6: I know I didn't.
Speaker 2: If I did, I would have found that in all of the cars in all of the categories mine the specific series I bought for BMW ranks number two in depreciation.
Speaker 6: The only thing worse is the Maserati.
Speaker 7: Well electrics.
Speaker 2: Well actually mark on this on this particular let me see here, I wonder why the two things. Nope, I'd appreciate more than you do, way more. Yeah. And now now electrics and they are up there, but not what you think. For example, on a list of the top twenty, Tesla's number nineteen Tesla Model S, I'm number two.
Speaker 7: Wow wa, wait a minute, wait a minute. I'm doing just a quick little research here.
Speaker 8: What's my honey, Tom and hold on? The number one is an electric car? That's that Jaguar.
Speaker 2: Well, we're looking at a five year depreciation schedule marked from MSRP and this poll done.
Speaker 8: By Yeah, this says Jaguar I Pace is number one, followed by the BMW.
Speaker 2: I have the Jaguar as nine. But anyway, okay, so I'm still number two though, okay, you know it's I'm not proud of it. By the way, I'm not bragging saying, oh yeah, cool, it's nothing to brag about. And not only on them. Let me just go back to the phones. I'm getting myself pissed off. So what are we doing with what We're already taking care of the smart meter, aren't we? So I I don't want to take that back again. Let's let's talk to Christopher with a window company. Christopher what's going on with you?
Speaker 12: How are you doing, Tom?
Speaker 2: What's happening man?
Speaker 12: Yeah, So recently I had several windows were placed in a bush that I'm fixing up.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what kind of windows did you get?
Speaker 3: Just new?
Speaker 12: What would they be made out of? Yes, vinyl? Sorry what brand? I don't know the brand. But I got it through a company here in town. I price out for a few different people. I obviously went through Anderson and some of the more known companies. And this guy had some good prices. Seemed like a decent fella.
Speaker 2: And who is it? Who is this? Who is this decent company?
Speaker 6: And fella.
Speaker 12: All windows and doors plus.
Speaker 6: Okay, and how did you find it?
Speaker 12: He was referred to me by another contractor.
Speaker 2: Actually, okay, so keep going with your story.
Speaker 12: So the house that I'm fixing up is actually two houses in one. It was a law office and I'm turning it into a duplex. So he did half of the house, no real issues. Second side of the house, he had a few windows that he measured incorrectly. Had to come back and reinstall those. But the reason why I'm calling is in the back, I have a big bay window that overlooks the Pike's Peak in the front range, and rather than enlarging it, which I had asked him to do, he made it smaller. And now he has claimed that I owe him the money for it, that I signed the contract and therefore I'm on the hook. Even though I explicitly told him I wanted it to be larger. I didn't go back through the contract and look at every single measurement and line it up with the windows. So I feel like that that is my fault. However, I do feel that you know, she agreed to make it bigger, and that that would be on him.
Speaker 11: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Okay, Christopher, you have a contract, and I don't think any of us ever go through each and every item on the contract and measure up or even or I mean, we don't look at a lot of specifications. We here's what all. Here's what most of us do. We talk to the guy or the woman, they make up a contract, and then we sign it and we assume everything we talk. I know it's really weird, but that's what we do. I mean, technically, technically, you probably did agree. When you go back and look at the contract, does it have the correct size? I mean not the correct But does the size in the contract match what they put in? Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay.
Speaker 12: Now I asked for a sixty inch with to twenty four inch on either side, and he put in a forty three inch with to twenty four inches on either side.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, when you did the original contract and you said you wanted it bigger, you wanted it bigger than what? Was there an existing window in there? Was there an existing window? Is it the same size as the previous window or smaller?
Speaker 12: It's the exact same size.
Speaker 6: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: Do you have any kind any kind of notes or stuff that he wrote to you or anything to indicate that you wanted it bigger?
Speaker 12: Well, I was with my designer at the time, and when she was drawing up the plans for the building department, she actually put in a sixty inch window. Who did then my designer?
Speaker 2: Is your designer? Does your designer work for the contractor all windows and doors? No? Will your designer testify that she heard the conversations between the two of.
Speaker 12: You, Yes, as would my contractor.
Speaker 2: Now, Christopher, listen to what I listen to contract, Christopher, and listen to listen to what I'm asking. Will they testify that they heard directly, not you saying what it was, but you talking to the supplier All Windows and Doors, and that you clearly made it that you wanted a bigger window in the back. Will they do that?
Speaker 12: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay? So your contractor, your designer, and who's All Windows and Doors? If they're not your contractor, who are they?
Speaker 12: Just the supplier, the supplier and installer.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your contractor, they worked under your contractor.
Speaker 12: So All Windows and Doors was a name that was given to me by somebody that works in the industry a while ago. And the contractor I'm working with now has no relationship with him.
Speaker 2: Well, but the contractor'rect the contractor you're working with, did the whole project. Is that right?
Speaker 12: So he's doing the entire project, and I would say that the windows are outside of his purview I hired.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what you're hold on, that's what you're saying. But why didn't he notice if he heard you say I want these windows bigger? I'm going to ask you straight up, Christopher, was this guy there when they were putting the windows in.
Speaker 12: Or the contractor there when they're putting the windows in? Yes, and he said this window seems smaller, called me, I was at the office.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, So you had knowledge before it was completed that they were installing something smaller.
Speaker 12: They had, they were already in the process of installing it.
Speaker 2: And what did you do? Okay? And what did you do? Did you stop them?
Speaker 12: As soon as I got home, I called them and said, hey, I think you made a mistake. This window is not what we had talked about.
Speaker 2: Okay. And what did they say? Then?
Speaker 12: He said, well, I'm looking at our contract here and it says we have a forty three inch window and this is what you signed.
Speaker 2: Right, gotcha? Gotcha? Now, when did you have a discussion about making it larger? Where the designer and the contractor were present. Describe that conversation. You guys were all sitting around a table or what.
Speaker 12: We went through the house, looked at what windows were going to replace, and.
Speaker 2: All four of you, all four of you, walked through the house and talked about Okay, this is good stuff, Christopher, all four of you walk through the house. And those two will say that you definitely made it clear you wanted a bigger window. Yeah, But then the contractor will say he even brought up to you that they were putting in a smaller window.
Speaker 12: But I may have misspoke when the window had already gone in. He said, this doesn't seem like the size that we had talked about.
Speaker 2: It was after it was already okay, after it was already installed. Okay, Well that's good. Okay, gotcha. So will they offer any kind of solution whatsoever, maybe even a cost adjustment? Or are you saying it's so hideous you want it either enlarged or taken out and you won't settle for anything else.
Speaker 12: You know. I even told him I was willing to just split the difference in cost if it's more expensive, and I would split the labor to have the windows taken out and then reinstalled. And he told me to kick rocks.
Speaker 6: Who are you dealing with it? All windows and doors?
Speaker 2: Plus who is it is?
Speaker 12: You want his name?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: His name is Haven Haven Scott.
Speaker 2: Haven Scott sounds like a movie star. Listen, man, this is a tough one. Mark. The contract has a forty eight inch window and that's what he got or forty three.
Speaker 6: Whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And yet he had discussions saying he wanted a bigger window.
Speaker 8: It's codect the only real proof unless the other person acknowledges they screwed up.
Speaker 7: Is going to be the contract?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the contractor and the designer were there.
Speaker 8: Hey, here's the good news. It's not bigger and he wanted it smaller, because no hell of a thing did he wanted it bigger. Yeah, I know which I'm saying. They can probably cut out. Well maybe not. Actually I don't know how they framed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how important is it because this is gonna be an expensive battle more right after this? Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Christopher, here's what I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna if this ends up in court, let's just say first and foremost, I want to dispel something, and this is something you I hope you believe it's even if you don't want that window, your option is not to pay zero for it. You can't claim it has zero value. Okay, but but you do have a somewhat of a dispute. I think that you're gonna lose this just based on the fact that you sign the contract. And I agree with you, by the way, and I believe you one hundred percent. I believe you one hundred percent. Many times, salespeople just want to make a sale. And I swear to God, they say things and they nod their heads and they get people to sign. Like that guy with the solar system, I'm.
Speaker 6: Positive that he was lied to.
Speaker 2: But when it gets down to court, mark and I have seen our share of cases where the judge doesn't care. I mean, I swear to you, it almost it's almost brutal. It's not like they say, oh, this poor homeowner up against this big contractor. They don't do that. And when and when your people try to try to submit ear witness testimony that they were there when you talked about it, they're going to say, here's the way it would go. Okay, so he wanted it enlarged. What size did he say he wanted and what will they answer? What will they answer? They'll say, well, we don't know. He just said he wanted it larger. Well, then then shouldn't he have measured it and checked it? In other words, I'm just telling you the bad news. First, I think you're gonna lose it. But if you want to fight it properly, the way to do it is to pay the bill and then go after them for the differential and then use the testimony of those two people and that all keeps it within small claims court. But if you try to do it any other way, you're going to spend a lot of money for nothing. In my opinion, I'm Tom Martinet.
Speaker 10: You don't have.
Speaker 4: A good good coming, man Dix.
Speaker 5: Is the Troubleshooter Show, No, Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Tom Martino, and this is the consumer show, the Troubleshooter Show, the Troubleshooter Network Show, the Mark Major Show, the Suess Major Show, the Well you give it whatever name you want. Just make sure you join us Monday through Friday ten to two to four hours a day, or join us anytime you want on YouTube, download our podcasts on all the popular podcast platforms. We have so many people that do that. Most people post to lay this show. Do you know that we have a bigger audience that downloads and post delays. Hey, listen, we're talking cars today. It's Friday, It's car Day. We've had a lot of different car issues. We'll go with it right now. And then we're also were talking about things you remember from your childhood, and we were talking about some of the drinks and one that I associated always with New York. I don't know why, but it's the egg cream. You'd go to a soda fountain they call it, and you sit down and have an egg cream, and an egg cream would be an egg, seltzer, water and flavoring. And then they did away with the egg but they still did some cream and some dairy along with seltzer and a flavoring, usually vanilla or chocolate. And then one of the biggest treats I always had, and you just don't see it around that much anymore.
Speaker 6: Are you Who's.
Speaker 2: Us a big deal?
Speaker 7: You Who's everywhere you can buy?
Speaker 2: Are they still everywhere? Okay? Okay? And then I love you who with barbecue potato chips? That used to be my jam. I don't eat barbecue potato chips anymore, but I I remember it went went on a summer day. We'd go and get cold you Who's and have some barbecue chips. I I thought I died. I went to heaven the first time I tasted a barbecue chip. Anyway, what I'd like to do is, if you have any go on YouTube or gone or text me, uh five seven seven three nine. I'd like to know some of your favorites from your kid growing up. Another thing that used to be big that I don't see a lot of. Of course I'm seventy one. That could be why I don't see a lot of it. But you don't see kids with it anymore. Wax stuff, wax lips, wax teeth. Do you remember that wax mustag like little wax soda.
Speaker 7: Bottles with them in the office here?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, wax teeth from the local candy store, gas girl Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wax used to be so freaking weird. You would wear the wax, of course, just as a joker. Then you would take it and chew it anyway. Jerry wants to talk about a car sale. Jerry, what's going on with you? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I went on Monday with my granddaughter to buy a car. She and everyone, Well, we got the little flip that present five days that.
Speaker 2: Two days later, what kind of wait, wait, tell me first, what kind of car did you buy?
Speaker 27: It's twenty ten Nissan Morano.
Speaker 2: And how many miles.
Speaker 27: Ninety three ninety eight thousand miles.
Speaker 2: Ninety eight thousand, and what did you pay?
Speaker 27: I want to say, sixty four hundred.
Speaker 2: Fish all right, do you have the radio on?
Speaker 27: Yeah, I'll turn that off the bat.
Speaker 2: It's really confusing as hell. Yeah, So he bought a twenty ten Nissan Morano ninety eight thousand miles for about six grand. Right, okay, so what's the problem.
Speaker 27: Yeah, so no problem?
Speaker 14: Will we got it?
Speaker 27: Two days later, the check engine light on went on. She had not got an admission, but when she went to like AutoZone to get the report on why the check edgin light on, it came back saying that it will pass, it will fail emissions. I reached out to.
Speaker 2: The sales guy.
Speaker 27: He assuredly they would address it, but they can't get it fixed for they have their own auto guys. They kind of get a six till two days? Is there anything more I need to do at this point?
Speaker 2: Broll you you better, Jerry, you better protect yourself because here's what I think is going to happen. I don't know this dealer from anywhere. You didn't mention the dealer, but you have a window to get that that that emissions, and if it doesn't pass and you go past that window, you're screwed.
Speaker 6: So what was the deadline?
Speaker 27: It will be five days from Monday. So I'm guessing what Saturday, Do.
Speaker 6: Not keep the car?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm telling you that if you hold on, you either get a new voucher or you return the car.
Speaker 22: If you keep test so that you've got a failed emission.
Speaker 2: So you stand on. Yeah, do you have the failed emissions?
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 27: So all I have is the indicator for model zone saying it will not pass the mission.
Speaker 2: Jerry, that's not good man.
Speaker 7: You've got to go try to get it to pass.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, No, that's not good enough.
Speaker 7: You better go do it today. Man.
Speaker 2: Now, Jerry, I'm gonna tell you something. Listen carefully. The emissions is not a warranty program. Because here's what I want to tell you. We've had people in this situation where they go to pass emissions and the guy says, it's not going to pass emissions by the way, you need it needs some adjustment. Now you take it to a mechanic. The mechanic says the engine's bad. However, it will pass emissions if I adjust this carburetor here, or adjust the air mixture, adjustice, or adjust that. And you might think to yourself, oh no, don't adjust it. If it's got a bad engine. I want to return it. It's not you can't use it for that. In other words, if you can make a slight adjustment, even with a bad engine, and it will pass emissions, that's the only responsible ability the dealer has with you is that at pass emissions, not that it pass emissions with flying colors, not that it pass emissions with a new engine. That at pass emissions even if it limps by. You got to keep.
Speaker 7: That in mind.
Speaker 2: Do not let them delay you. Go get the failure if it does fail, and take the car back. And if they say to you, if you give us a few days, we will fix it, make them issue you a new voucher. Okay. Now, now, Jerry, I have some questions for you on this. You bought it as is. Did you get it checked out?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did it occur to you that that would be a good idea.
Speaker 27: I occurred to me that there were no indicator lights or anything. And that's what I rambling. Oh kay, were no issues on the life and you know everything.
Speaker 2: Didn't say check Jerry, Jerry, that's not a good indication that there are no lights. That's not a very that that's only a small, small indication of his health.
Speaker 6: But listen, here's what you need to do now.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, I would get a used car checkout right now. Get the failed emissions and the reason I tell you to get a used car checkout, so if they say to you, you know, we're going to fix it so it passes emissions, you can make sure it's not one of those major problems lurking you're gonna have, You're gonna you might have a tough time in my pass emissions. I don't know, Hey, Jeff, what does that auto parts to or do to predict whether it's going to pass?
Speaker 14: Do they actually run it?
Speaker 22: They've got some cheaper hand health scanners. It'll pull you know, the majority of codes. They don't always go deep enough to get to the rest of them.
Speaker 2: And then they'll did auto is it AutoZone that did this?
Speaker 27: Yeah, this is my granddaughter. She took it there and sent me the report.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 22: And then basically people say, okay, you'll you'll pe seven one three, and they'll tell them what that code is and they you know, there's usually a recommendation for whatever part that they're trying to sell them.
Speaker 2: You know, here's something that's really weird. They love it when he called and said the reader said it won't pass, and they said, don't worry about it, we'll take care of it next week. They're trying to get them past that grace period. How many times have we seen that mark where they go past that grace period and they're screwed, oh big time all the time. So anyway, make sure you do what we said. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three zero three seven, one, three eight two five five One clears rest garage doors for your garage door knees, all of them, from the spring to the hinges, to the panels on the door or the door opener itself. They handle all garage door knees and all of their prices on their website one Clear Choice Doors dot com. Hi, I'm Tom Martino. You're Troubleshooter. One guy says. My kid treat One of my favorite kid treat was something called a Mickey flip. Who have ever have you ever heard of.
Speaker 6: A Mickey flip?
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's a taco shaped.
Speaker 6: Like a twinkie, a Mickey flip.
Speaker 2: I don't even I've never even heard of it before. Mickey And once again, my computer fills it in before I even put it up there because I'm being spied on, Mickey flip.
Speaker 6: God, I've never even seen it.
Speaker 2: I can't even even when you google it, you don't find anything.
Speaker 23: Nah.
Speaker 7: Maybe his mom made it for him, like a good old house burger.
Speaker 9: Hey, Tom, you remember having a lime Ricky to go?
Speaker 2: Let me cream? What is that alive?
Speaker 7: Rocky with cherry soda and lime juice?
Speaker 2: No, never had it. I've had a cherry cos Yeah. Anything?
Speaker 23: Andy?
Speaker 2: Oh no, not Andy. I'm sorry, Frank, Frank, Frank, go ahead, what's going on with you? Frank?
Speaker 27: Question?
Speaker 28: I wanted to tell you that my computer does the same thing my phone. If I think of a song, it'll already have it when I go press it.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, if you think, Wait, if you think of a.
Speaker 28: Song, it'll already be there, no matter how random it is. Because I'm being spied.
Speaker 2: On, just like Yeah, but it doesn't spot Hold on, Frank, it doesn't read your mind.
Speaker 8: He probably talks out loud, doesn't realize he's talking right anyway.
Speaker 2: What did you call about today, Frank?
Speaker 28: I called because I want to wondering if I could put some cell towers at my house. I live in Cheyenne, Wyo means and of course I would have to check with the municipalities. But a friend of mine they approached him and they said, hey, we'll pay you this much a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, And you don't, by the way, you don't have to check with your municipality at all. All you have to do is this, call the cell phone companies and tell them that you are willing to grant them the rights to put up a tower. Okay, that'll work, and then they will do they will do the research to make sure it will work on their grid, and then they do all of the application process and all of that. But remember, just because you want it doesn't mean it's going to be allowed. It may not be allowed, right, but you can get you can get paid for it. And I know people who have rural property that love these things. How much is your friend getting paid.
Speaker 3: I think they're.
Speaker 28: Giving them about three hundred bucks a month. And it's only one company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just a small tower.
Speaker 17: Yeah, Okay, it's.
Speaker 28: Just that I think it's ridiculous the ones that I see going towards Capital Rock because okay, they still look like some cell tower, but they put a couple of branches.
Speaker 8: You want to you want to call the cell tower company, So don't call up at and T. I mean, you're never going to talk to anybody. There's like r F Towers. Yeah, r F Towers and Cheyenne.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Frank. I got to move on to Colleen. She's been waiting a while. Oh no, Andy's first, Andy, what's going on with you? Andy?
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 14: Hi.
Speaker 29: Well, I'm just running down to get my partner here to help me. So I had reached out to air Chimney to have my heart and my fireplace redime back in November.
Speaker 2: And what's the name of the company. What's the name of the company?
Speaker 29: Ar Chimney.
Speaker 2: Aar Chimney, got it, okay? And what's going on?
Speaker 20: I't me to just run through a real quick time minds Neil. So we had a contract with them for a replacement hurt and to have what was it slate work done?
Speaker 29: Yeah, just like the faith of the face of the child.
Speaker 20: Yeah, And we had given them the whole cost of the was fifty four hundred dollars. We gave them a deposit of twenty five hundred dollars. We're supposed to set this up for November.
Speaker 27: It was like made November.
Speaker 20: Like November twenty third or something like that. Andy had contacted them the day before saying, sorry, that day's not going to work and there's a problem with that, that we rescheduled. They said, absolutely, no problem. They suggested December twelfth. Unfortunately I had forgotten that's my birthday. It's a Saturday, you see. Contact with them again the day before and said, look, we have to reschedule again. I'm super sorry, and they said okay, little you know, thumbs up and thumbs up emoji. Well, our situation changed a little bit in March, and we weren't we we we uh, We told them that we currently cannot proceed. We have to sort of pull back a little bit on a number of our renovations. Renovations and we.
Speaker 2: Have did you have it, by the way, did you have a contract with them?
Speaker 26: So what we have with them is we just pulled this.
Speaker 2: If it's if it's listen, if it's just a proposal, if it's just a proposal and a and a deposit, they can't keep it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, I would totally agree with that. So it is listed as an invoice and there's the heat installation in parts sorry installed pree purchased heat for the client and then a stonewash. And they told us when we said that, you know, look, we can't go forward. They we have all texts written out on this thing, which is a super helpful. Yeah, they sold Andy it is non refundable. There's nothing in the document that even has the word non let alone refundable. Yeah, And we started to complain with them a little bit about it.
Speaker 14: We were able to.
Speaker 20: Pull back our initial credit card deposit of about five hundred dollars. We have that that we done a credit card and Mark so Andy called up the credit card company said it was a fraud issue. They pulled it back. The company recharged us three days ago.
Speaker 2: So how much did.
Speaker 6: They recharge you?
Speaker 2: Did they recharge you that five hundred dollars?
Speaker 22: Whatever?
Speaker 20: That amount was? Four hundred thet written out folks ninete, But where.
Speaker 2: Did the other two? Where did the other two thousand come from?
Speaker 20: So I paid them via Venmo, which I have obviously the documentation for that, and I asked them very nicely, could you could you is.
Speaker 2: The name is the name of this company? Is the name of this company?
Speaker 20: Any a r Yees are chimney pros.
Speaker 22: They're based in Lakewood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why do they Here's what I don't understand. If they didn't expend any money, why do they think they should keep it? Or are they claiming they purchased money for your stuff for your job.
Speaker 30: No, they're not even saying any of that. Like, the property is ten minutes outside of us, that's park and I do a lot of money. I do a lot of renovations, and this is like a mountain hustle. This happens to.
Speaker 29: Me all the time. So when I called them, I said, I'm not going to let you do this because I'm doing something for the community.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter what it doesn't matter what the reason is, Andy, it doesn't matter what the reason is. They need to give your money back. I want to give this to Deputy doc. Doc. Are you there? What do you think of this? A bunch of they listen. Under the Contractor's Trust Act, they can't keep anything unless it was marked non refundable or it was used for the job. But then they'd have to prove that, Andy, these people should not keep your money. I mean tells me. They the fact that they're not giving that money box tells me that they spent it. Let's have Doc call that.
Speaker 16: It's a.
Speaker 20: Tom.
Speaker 2: I know it, Doc, I know it's an opening shot, small claims court. I think they'll get a judgment, but I still want you. I want you to call him and see what they say. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven to one three eight two five five. Hi, Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Frank Ran the real estate Man dot com. If you need a market valuation of your home what it will sell for, he can give you a complete, an accurate idea.
Speaker 31: Frank's been doing this for more than thirty years and he'll go over everything in your neighborhood, your comps, supplying demand, interest rates, all of that time on market and give you an idea of what your house will sell for. And it's completely free of charge, with no obligation, and it's professional. Frank Dran the real Estateman dot com.
Speaker 2: Mary, what's going on with you?
Speaker 7: Mary?
Speaker 6: What's happening.
Speaker 3: Him?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 3: We kind of touched base really briefly the other day about a auto repair shop in Littleton wait Waite.
Speaker 2: Was this when your car was on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then yeah, it took me four months to raise money with like gofund me to pay for a new engine and got the car back.
Speaker 2: Let's back, let's back up a little. Now, you're the car that you had. How long had you had that car? Well?
Speaker 3: I just bought it in March of last year, and then I drove it up until August, I think when it.
Speaker 2: Broke and when you when you had it, Toad, So when your car stalled and it was towed to Tailor Automotive, that was back in August of twenty twenty five four.
Speaker 3: Yes, I believe, so, I don't have the exact No, that's okay.
Speaker 2: Then what happened then in September? Well, okay, that's a long time ago. What happened after that?
Speaker 3: Well, because I'm a single mom of four and I had some injuries. I couldn't do massage anymore. My only job was Uber deliveries and yeah, so I lost my income and it took quite a while to pay.
Speaker 2: Was the engine blown? What was wrong with the car?
Speaker 3: Well, honestly, it didn't like it didn't seem like it was just throwing a couple codes for like a camsheft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what did Taylor say with what did Taylor say was wrong with the car?
Speaker 3: Originally they told me it was just the timing, and then they told me that I needed to have a whole engine replacement and they were also going to do the redo the wiring for me. But cut to four months later. I had actually, like a local business paid a good portion of the cost for me and my kids to have the engine replaced. And after that, after I got it back late December, three days later, the bumper fell off and like the headlights.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me get this straight. Let me get this straight. When did you finally get your car back? A friend paid for the repairs? And when did you get your car back?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was it was me and then a local business.
Speaker 3: And a friend.
Speaker 29: I got it.
Speaker 2: So when did you get your car back? If you could answer that, that would help me. When did you get it back?
Speaker 3: It was in late December, but it did go.
Speaker 2: Okay back to the shop okay, And so there were other problems. Did you ever get it back after that?
Speaker 3: Yes, so I got it back. It was just continual issues with the engine. And I have like videos and stuff where they.
Speaker 2: Do you have any would you have any warranty work on this?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 3: Part of the problem was that they didn't even communicate with me and get my permission to do work that they were doing.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, let me are you okay? Are you saying you never authorized the work?
Speaker 12: Sorry?
Speaker 31: Cut out there, God Garbily, are you saying you never authorize them to work on your car?
Speaker 6: You didn't want this work.
Speaker 3: Done, not the work that they did once it was returned to them. They were didn't tell me what was.
Speaker 2: Going on when it was returned to them. What work I just need to know this. What work did they do that they were not authorized to do?
Speaker 6: What work?
Speaker 3: There was several things. What they would do is end up saying, oh, come pick up your car after a week or two, and then they would make up some story about what was wrong with it and often tried to blame me or even claimed that somebody.
Speaker 2: What work did they do that you did not authorize?
Speaker 3: Well, part of it I don't know because they won't give me records. But they did do supposedly replace the oil filter housing, which they claimed a vandal broke in the middle of the night in my Highland's ranch. Neighborhood by doing an oil change.
Speaker 2: And Mary, Yeah, what work did they do that you did not authorize that you had to pay for? What work did you pay for that you did not authorize?
Speaker 3: For sure? I know that they claimed that they replaced multiple relays and again the same sensors that had already been And how.
Speaker 2: Much did you pay for the work you did not authorize?
Speaker 3: Somewhere around five hundred dollars. But they also were like charging me for parts that should have been included in the engine replacement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what.
Speaker 3: Gaskets and seals? And I did send over the record from Audi of Denver the other night, and like, this engine repair is just completely botched.
Speaker 2: Well where let let me let me ask you something right now? Where does it stand? Where is your car right now?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: My car is sitting outside of Broadway Jewelry and Pond because I have a friend that works there who's a really nice guy. It's basically junk, Like I can't even it's not safe to drive.
Speaker 2: So how many before this happened to your car? How many miles were on it?
Speaker 3: Somewhere around it was literally right around two hundred and twenty two thousand.
Speaker 2: What kind of car is it.
Speaker 3: It's a two thousand and eight AUTI a four.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you understand that that car was worth nothing.
Speaker 6: At all?
Speaker 2: I mean, in other words, it was junk to begin with. Whatever they did, it's not great, but they did and cause it to be junk.
Speaker 3: Well, they did. They damaged a bunch of things, like the it's.
Speaker 2: A twenty it's a twenty year old car with two hundred and some thousand miles on it.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean I paid for a whole new engine.
Speaker 2: That's how much did you pay?
Speaker 6: By the way, how much did they charge for that?
Speaker 3: Four thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Oh? Why would you spend that much money on a car that wasn't worth it?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm really low in home because of the injuries I had and just doing Uber deliveries. And one of the issues I've consistently have is you know, do you because I don't just have a large chunk of money all at once, and I couldn't finance car.
Speaker 2: Got it? I got it going. I understand car. So right now, Mary, right now, I need to know something. What do you want?
Speaker 3: I want a refund for the engine.
Speaker 6: You may be entitled to that.
Speaker 2: If they did junk and if they truly cheated you. You might be you may be able to get that through small claims court. When you I mean, it would be smart to get that money back and have your friend help you buy another car instead of putting money into this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the plan. I mean they were like, they mistreated me and my kids. And there's a whole list of just you.
Speaker 2: Know, but that part here, Mary, people are jerks and if he mistreated you and all that, none of that's going to matter. Here's the only thing that matters, the only thing. Did they cheat you?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean in the road from Audi of Denver shows that they did.
Speaker 2: Okay, what does Audi of Denver say about your car?
Speaker 10: Oh, there was.
Speaker 3: There was a lot, a long list. But in regards to the engine itself, yeah, I was charged again multiple times for these gas sets and seals suppose and I do have videos where the shop has admitted that they probably never needed to.
Speaker 2: What I want to know is what does Audi of Denver say about the engine job that was defective?
Speaker 14: It's Scott.
Speaker 3: I mean, i'd have to refer to the list that I sent you.
Speaker 2: Just roughly, just roughly, do they say you were cheated or or do they use words like they never replace this, they never did this.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, exactly. They said they were not new seals that the engine has issues.
Speaker 2: But here's what I want to know, though, did you get charged? See here's what we have to make. We have to make a case for fraud. So Mary, it's not important that it was a poor job, believe it or not. What's important is if they cheated you.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you what that means.
Speaker 2: That means that they charged you for things and lied to you about it. They didn't replace it, or they replaced something with a used part and they claimed it was rebuilt. I need to know if Audi have denver made any of those kinds of statements.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I did kind of gather some of that and send it over the other night. So it's it's very clear that that's exactly what happened. Okay, admit it in some of the videos I have too, And Okay, like they were trying have you ever thought vehicles on fire?
Speaker 2: How so you you want the four grand back?
Speaker 6: Have you asked them for it?
Speaker 3: I tried to reach out to one of the owners just via text, which was how we had been communicating, and he.
Speaker 6: Were the owners there, Taylor Automotive.
Speaker 3: One of them is named David, and he's he's a harder one to do with verbally. But then there's a man named John. I believe his last name is Thornson, and I had texted with him off and on for a while.
Speaker 10: He do they offer you?
Speaker 2: Do they offer you anything at all?
Speaker 26: No?
Speaker 3: He claimed that he didn't work there anymore, and then later in the same conversation, claimed that it was okay, that's number anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't you know one thing you have to know, Mary, I don't care about all that side stuff. I don't care about it at all. We got to stay on track. Did they offer you anything at all?
Speaker 6: I guess she's no longer with us.
Speaker 3: Sorry, No, it's got garbled there for a second.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm sorry. Did they offer you anything at all? No?
Speaker 3: They are just deflecting and mostly avoiding me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we first need to have someone reach out to them and just reason with them to see if.
Speaker 6: They're willing to do anything.
Speaker 2: We need to First, we need to see that invoice that you have from outa of Denver. I want to make sure that that invoice as the same thing you say it says, okay, like I want to see it. So, Kachina, if you could arrange for me to look at that invoice from Audi of Denver where they check the car out, then after that, I want to give it to one of our people to look at. Jeff Vic Kimera Transmission will tell you this.
Speaker 6: We'll talk to him after the break.
Speaker 2: But you can have an invoice where things are done but it wasn't worth being done, or it was done poorly, but it was done. That's different than fraud. So we'll come back and talk about that and more right after this. Hi, Tom Martinez here three on three seven, three eight two five five. All right, so let's give that to Deputy Bow and see what we can do to help, because really and truly, God, these used car problems are killing me. Think about all the problems we get. I mean, people are buying cars with two hundred thousand miles on them, and then they almost act surprised when they have a problem.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's not your fault.
Speaker 2: I'm not blaming you for buying cars with two hundred thousand miles on them. I understand that you're doing what you can to get the price down, but I have to make a blanket statement here, never never buy a car, never with more than one hundred and fifty thousand. Never, And if you buy a car with one hundred thousand, don't ever expect not to have problems. You will definitely have problems with a car over one hundred thousand miles and over one hundred and fifty thousand miles. Almost any repair is not worth doing, So you have to understand something you're throwing money away. Case Welcome, what's going on? Case?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 5: Tom?
Speaker 14: Are you there?
Speaker 2: I'm here? Hey?
Speaker 24: So, I just want to give a shout out to a concrete company who I found through.
Speaker 25: Your show on the referral list, pro Form Concrete. Yes, recently, I'm in Centennial. They just recently redid my garage floor and driveway. Super happy with Curtis and Pedro and the work that they've done. So yeah, I just want to give a shout out to.
Speaker 12: Them and let them know that you're full be calling them for any residential contract concrete.
Speaker 2: You know what, I really do appreciate that, really I do. Was it messy to redo your garage? Why'd you have to redo your garage to begin with?
Speaker 14: It was heaving and it was stained with oil.
Speaker 24: If I just recently bought the house and it looked like once we pulled the concrete out, maybe they had done some mud jacking or something previous, but it was it was very clayey soil where I'm at here in Centennial.
Speaker 25: So yeah, he just needed to be your place.
Speaker 2: Well case, thank you very much. I appreciate it. We have another hour to go on The trouble Shooter Show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We're helping you solve problems, answer questions, and take complaints. Give us a call. You can call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Get right in right.
Speaker 23: Now, ripped up.
Speaker 2: Didn't need advice, so you don't have to.
Speaker 11: Come running.
Speaker 1: Just as as as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 5: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show, the show that brings you great information, quality products and services, and problem solving skills. With a bunch of retired executives and doctors and lawyers and accountants and people that are actively working to help consumers. We put together the Troubleshooter Network for that reason. And I'm Tom Martino, your host, and I wanted to mention this hour brought to you by K and H Home Solutions, which now brings you also K and H Painting pros and so you have a company been around sixty five years now adding painting and so you can depend on those guys kwindows dot com for K and hpainters. Now I am going to promote this. I waited a long time to do it, but I think sues we should promote it. It's our discord Oh yeah, I was started by one of our morons, that's right, Tom. So if you go to discord dot gg, which is the u r L for Discord discord, what would you call it, Sues is a chat community.
Speaker 6: It's a private chat community.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so a lot of our morons are there, but I want more of them there. And so if you go to discord discord and look for Slash, so Discord dot gg Slash Morons. So that's a pretty cool name, right, Slash.
Speaker 14: It's like the inside show, behind the scenes of our YouTube show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so YouTube's behind the scenes and this is behind the scenes of YouTube. So discord dot gg then backslash not backslash, I'm sorry, forward slash morons disc discord And you know, prior to this, I really haven't been that familiar with discord. But it's a pretty fun app and I've noticed a lot of people on there in different on different forms.
Speaker 3: So hey, you know what, Tom, You can share pictures, videos, and it's like an after hours kind of chat too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a nice little community. Yeah. I would say it's R rated. I don't mean like that, I don't mean like sexually. Yeah, Joe's got a problem getting paid. I hate when people are screwed out of getting paid. So, Joe, what's going on with you?
Speaker 32: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 14: Tom?
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm doing okay, but it sounds like you're not. What's going on with that payment?
Speaker 15: Oh man, the guys left the country, left us with ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: No, wait a minute, wait a minute, tell me who owes you the money?
Speaker 15: Well, this is the guy.
Speaker 14: That we've known for.
Speaker 15: I want to say about about ten years.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what what did you? What did you do for him?
Speaker 15: We did the We did all the carpet in his condo, We painted and retatured all we took up all the pop pun on the ceilings. We textured it and painted it painted on the walls.
Speaker 2: And you and you say, you knew this guy for more than ten years.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so you.
Speaker 15: Know, we felt comfortable and the fact that he was in the pays or and he had a little pickup truck, and we said, well, you know you don't have the money. You know, well what they payment in the pickup truck. Well, about a month ago he sold the pickup truck without anybody knowing. And we all we we knew that he was going to leave the country. Was did he leave? Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait, wait wait, did he leave the country? Yeah?
Speaker 15: He left he left our tuesday without anybody knowing.
Speaker 2: We got he found well this okay, Joe, not all is not lost.
Speaker 6: Hold on how much does he owe you?
Speaker 15: He owes us about ten thousand, he owes us about six, and he owes us another guy that we know about.
Speaker 17: Four Okay, in total, well, in total.
Speaker 15: About ten ten thousand. And what he left behind, Okay, you're trying to figure out, I don't know mething on how to collect it.
Speaker 2: Well, you throw hold on, Joe, Joe, you don't have to connect anything. You're overthinking this thing. Bro, you did work on a condo, Is that right or not?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's a condo down there, Centennial.
Speaker 2: Then go put a lien on it.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting? When was the last time you were on the job.
Speaker 15: Oh, this was already already in December of last year. Then if we have enough time, No.
Speaker 6: You screwed yourself.
Speaker 2: No, too late.
Speaker 15: Yeah it might be too late.
Speaker 2: It is too late. But that's that's your fault. That's your fault. You could have got aleen. You could have gotten a lien and gotten it paid for.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we should have followed a lien before. Like that's what I was thinking too, is like, oh man, well yeah, so let me.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something. Let me ask you something. Is the condo sold?
Speaker 15: It's sold as a Tuesday of this week.
Speaker 2: So he did sell it, So you're screwed again. It wouldn't matter he sold it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we have no recourse. That's what I was thinking too. We can't how.
Speaker 6: Did he so so? How much?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 2: So he owed ten grand to you guys, and he sold the condo and he didn't tell you about it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he didn't say nothing. And uh, he was not necessary a close friend but pushing that. We we would regarded like we would touch He's touched the ball. He's a trustable dude, so.
Speaker 2: We would so have you. But do you have his Do you have his phone number, his cell number?
Speaker 15: Yeah, we've got his number and everything. He said Turkey right now, he's whare on his way to in Turkey?
Speaker 2: What's he doing in Turkey? What is he doing in Turkey? Maybe he's getting a hand transplant? Yeah? What is he doing in Turkey? Seriously?
Speaker 15: I think he's on the layo or to get to Greece or something. So that's where that's where his destination is in Greece.
Speaker 2: Is he gonna live there?
Speaker 15: Yeah, he's he's yeah, actually plans to live up there in Greece. He's not on vacation or nothing.
Speaker 2: Joe, you're not going to get that. You're not going to get this money, bro, You're not going to get it. It's it's a waste of time. I mean, you don't do you have any proof he even owes you the money? What if he says, I have no idea what you're talking about? So how would you prove he owes you money?
Speaker 15: Uh? Yeah, there's really no contracts there. But I do have a material list and a dog. One point in particularly so.
Speaker 2: That condos sold yep, I don't. I don't see Joe. I'm being straight with you, man, there's no way you're going to get paid. It's just not going to happen.
Speaker 26: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Well, I mean that's all. I wanted to give you a call too, And to other listeners, you know, just be careful.
Speaker 2: So there are WHOA my god, I hope I hope those listening to me already know that, Joe. I mean god, I would hope yeah, because it's just it's terrible.
Speaker 6: Thank you for calling, Joe. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 2: Man. Listen, people, when you stop, when you stop working on a job, you only have four months to file that lian, and first you have to file a warning that you're going to file a lean. Mike, what's on your mind today, Mike? What's going on? Man?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 26: Man, Hey, I was caught in that hail storm. I live in Milliken, and I want to know do I call the insurance company first or the adjuster to get him out to look at my house?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't call either of them.
Speaker 6: Here's why.
Speaker 2: If you call your insurance company and they send an adjuster.
Speaker 6: Or the adjuster director.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, and there's no damage to your home, it will count as a claim. Correct, So you shouldn't call You should not call your insurance company. First, you should call a reputable roofer. But here's what I want to tell you. When you call a roofer to come check out your house, do not sign any contracts. Yes, and that means don't sign anything. If they say, well, you got to sign here to give us authorization, No you don't. I want to tell everyone right now, there is nothing required that you sign for someone to look at your roof. Nothing is required, not by the homeowner, not by the county, not by the state, no one. So in Millican you can call really good roofers. I mean you can go to my referral list and call Excel Roofing. I believe they go up to Millican. Hey, Tom Yes Jr.
Speaker 3: From the road texted me hail photos from Millican.
Speaker 7: I sent them to your phone.
Speaker 2: And I think they are incredible.
Speaker 6: I know he has sent those to me earlier.
Speaker 2: I mean that one looks like a freaking baseball.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I got tenno's ball size hail or.
Speaker 2: Lemon or whatever. I mean, they're giant now is your roof your roof's I'll bet you it's damaged, isn't it.
Speaker 26: It's damaged. Yes, and some of my sighting is damaged as well. Okay, it's crazy. I had at least ten roofing companies right after the storm, same day, and I just send them away.
Speaker 9: Hey, Tom guy, I asked you a question about not signing anything. Do you does a homeowner ever have to sign a release of liability so that if something happens, so that's on the roofing company to cover.
Speaker 2: Their own injuries. They're okay, do you have to sign a release of liability for someone climbing on your roof?
Speaker 6: To look at it?
Speaker 2: No, why would you who are you releasing from liability? Doc?
Speaker 6: Who would you be?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 2: What, Doc? Who would you be releasing from liability?
Speaker 9: If somebody climbs up on your roof and suffers an injury and then claims something against the homeowner?
Speaker 2: I was just asking, Okay, well, it wouldn't matter what you signed.
Speaker 6: You can't sign away someone's rights.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, you don't have to sign anything, and there is nothing you can sign. I mean, what Doc is talking about is having something that says you can get on my roof. But if you get hurt, don't come after me. Well, that's going to be held up by the law anyway. I mean if you didn't do anything wrong and somebody's climbing on your roof, I mean if you had spikes on your roof and you didn't tell them about it, that might be different. I would say this, you get a reputable roof for you don't ever have.
Speaker 6: To worry about it.
Speaker 2: They have insurance if somebody gets hurt, they have workers comp.
Speaker 6: I would I would start with excel roofing.
Speaker 26: Okay, excellent. Let me give you their number one other at one other question.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Their number, by the way is three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred, seven sixty one sixty four hundred.
Speaker 6: What's your other question, sir?
Speaker 26: I'm looking for a good used car. I was thinking about a Toyota Prius A used.
Speaker 2: One bad bad idea bad bad the worst used car you can buy.
Speaker 26: Really, Okay? Do you know why up with good mileage?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 26: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Because they don't depreciate and you got you got batteries to worry about. Why would you want to buy a car that doesn't depreciate? You want a car that depreciates like crazy if you're going to buy it used. So if you're going to buy a used car, if you want to buy a used car and get the most value out of it, then buy a used for it or Chevy. If you want a new car that's not going to depreciate, then buy your Prius. All right, it's just the opposite. It's just the opposite of what you think. You don't want to buy anything that people think is a great car.
Speaker 26: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you don't want to buy because the percent the market perception keeps the.
Speaker 6: Prices outrageously high.
Speaker 2: So if you looked at five grand or ten grand, let's say ten thousand dollars, that ten thousand dollars will buy you way, way, way more in an American car then it will in a Japanese car.
Speaker 26: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, if it's a new car, just the opposite, right, Okay, So what else do you want to talk about? That?
Speaker 26: Was it just those two?
Speaker 2: Yeah? If you're looking for a good use card, what are you looking for? What do you want an suv?
Speaker 10: Uh? No?
Speaker 26: See, I got AA Ford F two fifty dthel and it only gets like fifteen miles per gallon unless I'm pulling my fifth wheel. But I hate driving it every weekend all over town. So I just want a good car that okay, guess, let's travel around town.
Speaker 2: Good good, yep. Then you want to buy an American.
Speaker 6: Car that depreciates like crazy.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think I have a list of cars that depreciate like crazy.
Speaker 6: I'm really serious.
Speaker 2: People say, well, wait a minute, Tom, it depreciates a lot.
Speaker 6: Yes it does, you moron.
Speaker 2: That's why you want to buy it used because it's almost like new, and they sell like crazy. So uh, good cars that depreciate a lot. Look for a VW. Look for an Odyssey Honda Odyssey Honda originally wait wait, oh no, these are the best, not the worst.
Speaker 6: Wait no, no, these are the worst.
Speaker 2: You want to you want something that depreciates a lot. Then then you want to go on and go on and Google or ask artificial intelligence for cars that depreciate a great deal, and then go and look for some of those cars, like did you know a Lincoln Navigator depreciates a lot? Some of these, you know, you'll you'll find good cars, but Ford's and Chevy's Jeff Fick camera transmission Jeff don't you agree with that. Uh, these cars that depreciate a lot doesn't mean they're bad cars.
Speaker 22: Correct, correct, But any of the cars you look at, I mean the one thing that people neglect to do, and it happens all the time, go get it checked out before you buy it.
Speaker 6: Oh that's right. God, there's so many that don't do that.
Speaker 2: But thanks for calling. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got it. You got to get rid of the car.
Speaker 2: Uh, excuse me, not get rid of it, get it checked out before getting it.
Speaker 6: All right, let's take this break. I need to take a break and we'll come right back.
Speaker 2: Hi, Tom Martino here three O three seven one three eight two five five. I was looking over the paperwork that was sent to me by that woman who said that Denver Audi said she was cheated. Nothing, not one thing. Not one thing says she was cheated. It said it was poor quality work. Nothing said she was cheated at all. What's going on in your life?
Speaker 6: Larry?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Tom.
Speaker 32: Uh, before I have my car question, I have a real quick comment about the guy that was complaining about outrageous power bills.
Speaker 2: Yes earlier, Yes, he said. After he switched to the smart meter, his bills went from twenty something a month to four hundred.
Speaker 32: Well, he needs to get several bills from prior to the switch, and to get the bills since the change and look at the actual power consumption and the rates he was charged. Without doing that, you can't tell what the situation is.
Speaker 2: So that's that is a good point. That is a good point.
Speaker 32: Oh and XLL did my roof yesterday?
Speaker 6: Oh good, I'm glad.
Speaker 32: And you know, it's totally the second time in my life that I've ever hired somebody to do anything on my house, and I was kind of apprehensive.
Speaker 2: What were you going to do your own roof?
Speaker 32: Well, at eighty three, I think I'm beyond doing my own roof.
Speaker 6: But did you used to do your own roof?
Speaker 32: I did the roof seventeen years ago. When I added on to the.
Speaker 14: Back of the house.
Speaker 32: I did the whole thing myself.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, brother, what's going on? You're eighty three. I'm catching up to you.
Speaker 32: Right Well, you better hurry on my car. I've got a ninety nine Mercury and my air conditioner sometimes does not start up right away after I start driving. Sometimes it'll be two or three minutes. Sometimes it'll be thirty minutes. And I'm wondering if I might have a vacuum leak to control or.
Speaker 2: Man on that age. When was the last time you had that service, that ac system?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 32: At least twelve fifteen years ago. I'm wondering if the refrigerate's low, if that would trigger you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it could be. It could be anything. So you're saying that when you turn on your air, you don't get air immediately.
Speaker 32: Correct? Now, Sometimes when I'm just driving down the road, two or three minutes later, it'll start. Sometimes I'll be drying, driving down the road and it'll stop and it won't go back on for half an hour.
Speaker 22: Are you saying the blower motor quits running or it quits blown cold?
Speaker 32: Well, it just quits. I mean it could the blower quit. And that switch is kind of squirrely because I think it operates a vacuum circuit or something.
Speaker 2: You haven't had it, you haven't had a service in twenty years, and you're asking.
Speaker 6: Could it be low on refrigering?
Speaker 2: Absolutely positively, it could be, but it could be seals or any It could be any number of things.
Speaker 32: Well, fifteen years ago, I had a problem with the blend door, and I knew that's what it was, because some that would stick shut or open or whatever, and so I knew that's what the problem was. And so I took it in and the service the air conditioner, and I told them, well, what about that problem with the blind door, And so they said, oh, well, we're going to have to investigate that. Well, it turns out they had to almost disassemble everything in the in the dashboard to get to that, and it cost me six hundred dollars. Of course, you know, because hey, fifteen years ago, so uh I you know, with the age of the car now, I mean I grew up, I didn't have air conditioning in a vehicle tow I was forty five. So it doesn't bother me to roll down the window, all right. I just was wondering an opinion if it would be more likely the refrigerate or maybe a vacuum lea.
Speaker 22: It could be the one on the car that age. With how many miles you've got on a fifteen years since it's been touched, you're going to have any other number of things.
Speaker 2: Thing Larry Larry it's unreasonable to even think it's one or the other. It probably needs to I know you don't like spending money. I can tell by what you just said. I mean, but God, sometimes you by putting off maintenance, you just cause yourself more maintenance.
Speaker 32: Well, there's only been happening for the last two or three years, and like I say, eventually, when I'm driving that road, it'll come on and it works perfect.
Speaker 2: It works well, then, Larry, if you don't mind it, you're not going to get I'm going to tell you something right now, that problem. You're not going to get out of that problem for one thousand dollars. It's going to be one thousand dollars minimum. Wouldn't you say that, Jeff easily? What do you think seriously, with a system that old.
Speaker 32: If I just go in for a recharge of refrigerant, a thousand dollars is not reasonable?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: That hold on, Larry, No air conditioning shop is going to give you a recharge on a system that old without going through it.
Speaker 22: We're gonna have to troubleshoot it.
Speaker 2: Yep. Not one, not one shop.
Speaker 32: Will give you a reach and they're just looking for an excuse to charge me by hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually fix the problem, Larry. If you're going to have a recharge, and let's say a recharge is going to cost you four or five hundred bucks, they're not going to want to do that. It's like wasting money. Larry. You're living in the past. Brother. I can't help it. But people are actually charged for what they do, and and even to have that system recharged is going to cost you three or four hundred Did you.
Speaker 32: Know then, I've seen advertisements for recharges for one hundred and forty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, no one is going to work on your car for one hundred and forty nine. And if they do, their steel money from you, because it's going to be useless. Why would you put what tell me this, Why would you recharge your system if you don't know it's going to hold a charge.
Speaker 6: Why would you waste money like that?
Speaker 32: But it evidently has refrigerant now, and it might be low in twenty years. It's bound to leak out maybe a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, Larry, you didn't call Larry, Larry, you didn't call for help. You don't want to hear the truth. You're living in the past. You know what I say, Roll your windows down. No, no, I'm done with Larry. Roll your windows down. You've been getting along fine, just roll your windows down. When it kicks in, you can roll your windows back up again. Look it, man, I don't have time to talk to somebody with a.
Speaker 6: What is it a two thousand? How old is this car right now?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 22: The nineteen ninety nine? It is a mercury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's God love you that you want to save money, but you're really I don't have time for it.
Speaker 6: Okay. What you're doing is you're just you're just not realistic.
Speaker 2: Okay. And you know, I know you think everybody's out to cheat you. But that's life, bro Okay, it's just life. You have a twenty six year old car and you expect to get one hundred and forty nine dollars charge.
Speaker 6: It ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Anybody with any reputable, any ethical mechanic. Would you put a charge on that? Would you just put a charge on that, Jeff.
Speaker 6: Metal, Of course you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Because you know it might leak right out again. Any shop is going to want to check that system out, any shop unless they're I mean I guess you'll find people to steal money from you. Yeah, give me one hundred and forty nine. I'll give you a charge. Be on your way. But he's convinced because it still has refrigerant in there, it can't have a leak. Paul, what's going on with you? Paul? Welcome, what's happening?
Speaker 26: Yeah, Hi, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 14: Tom.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, Paul.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'm looking at buying a in Denver, sort of West Wash Park and it's an old home. It's over one hundred years old, and it would be a rental property. But the strange thing that came as to me is that when you walk the property, property is great. The next door neighbors there's one of these small lives, you know, start on the front street.
Speaker 2: Is there something wrong? Is that with me, Shannon? Or is that with his phone? All right, hold on, let's come right back to him and see if we can re establish that connection. Right after this, I'm Tom Martino. Jay has a comment on Larry. Larry's the one with a twenty six year old car and didn't want to spend more than a couple hundred bucks on his AC and thanks. Everyone's out to cheat him go ahead, and Jay, what is your comment?
Speaker 16: Oh, A couple of things on that old car. That's a really really, really simple, not at all sophisticated system. It takes literally five minutes Frank good tech to tell him if it needs a charge or not.
Speaker 17: Okay, that's not.
Speaker 14: Too big a deal.
Speaker 2: But if it needs a charge, that doesn't mean if it needs a charge, that doesn't mean it's going to hold a charge.
Speaker 16: No, but if it's still working after twenty six years, that'd be one hell of a slow leak, so it might be worth it for the summer. But they could tell him in five minutes it needs to charge a lot and if it does, it does it does?
Speaker 2: Can they tell them? Can they tell him how slow the leak is?
Speaker 16: If it's been twenty six years and it's just now given him problems?
Speaker 2: I can tell you, well, how do we how do we know it was twenty six years but the problem happened all within four weeks.
Speaker 6: I mean, we don't know how slower fast that leak is.
Speaker 2: JR. You don't have enough or j I'm sorry you don't have enough information to go on.
Speaker 16: I know a lot about those cars.
Speaker 22: I do you know?
Speaker 2: Oh, you got a big deal. You got a twenty bro, you got a twenty six year old car. You don't know when it started leaking. How do you know if it's a faster slow leak.
Speaker 16: Well, actually you can easily charge it, put a die in it and see how.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what I said. Now, what do you Okay, we are in agreement. So Jay, what would that cost?
Speaker 16: I don't know what people are charging to top off a car these days. It's pretty coop.
Speaker 2: I didn't say to top it off, to put a die in and do a leak down. How much would it cost to do a leak down test on an air conditioner to determine if it can take a charge.
Speaker 16: Well, let me tell you the process and you can guess as well as I can. Okay, if it is low, you put in, you put in a guess that die in it. When it starts having a problem again, you look what your UV light to see where the leak was. You gauge about how long it took, and then you know where the leak is, so you it's sleek and move on with your life. It could be the rest of us life. You may never leave again. You know enough ever matter it might be called out in a day, but it's going to leave a trace or at leaks.
Speaker 2: And how long? How long does that take? Jay? How long does that take to test it?
Speaker 16: A matter of minute?
Speaker 2: Okay? How much if you go into today's auto shops and you do a complete leaked down test of that system, how much is it going to cost?
Speaker 16: The first thing I would personally is just top it off with a see.
Speaker 2: But Jay, you're not in business, and that Jay, you're not in business. And this is probably why, because you know every everyone says, oh, you know a few minutes here, a few minutes there. I'm asking straight up if I drove into a shop and ask them to check my system for leaks and pressure and to recharge it, what would that cost?
Speaker 16: You don't need You don't start that way. That's what I'm trying to take Tom.
Speaker 26: That's not how you started off like that?
Speaker 6: How do you start it?
Speaker 16: Thing you need to do? You start by seeing if it's even low. If it is, then you fill it up for die, then you let it go.
Speaker 2: That's or Jay, Okay, that's exactly what just said. To fill it up with die and to check it you're checking for leaks. How much does that cost? Are you telling me that shops now are doing that stuff free?
Speaker 17: I don't remember ever saying I really don't.
Speaker 16: I'm not sure why you're.
Speaker 2: Yelling at how much? Jay All, I'm asking how much will it cost? This guy thought he was going to go in for one hundred and forty dollars.
Speaker 16: Ask the mechanicals sitting there, what would they charge to put the cages?
Speaker 22: Yes, you've got you've got a minimum charge of one hundred and seventy five dollars for dieag once we start any repairs, we apply that to the repair.
Speaker 16: Okay, So one hundred.
Speaker 6: And seventy five And will that gets you the whole test?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 22: That would not include any refrigerant. If you have to first evacuate the system, see how much is in it, Then you have to ref then you can refill it, then you can ad.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how much is all that going to take? If you had to do a check like that, would you do it for less than two forty nine?
Speaker 22: But we don't actually do it with the shop up the road from us. I believe they charged it. I believe it is.
Speaker 16: But I mentioned one time on this show right here that I would think doing an air conditioning shop would be a really cool way to make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: And that I think you're right, Jay, I think you're one hundred percent right. There aren't people that specialize in it as much as we think.
Speaker 16: Could be a good business.
Speaker 2: It really would, because you could set yourself up to do these tests routinely.
Speaker 6: You could set yourself up to get all this done.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think a lot of shops and correct me if I'm wrong, Jeff, but a lot of shops they think air conditioning is a pain in the ass.
Speaker 22: But there's a lot of money in it though, So I mean, they do do it.
Speaker 2: But the reason there's a lot of money in it is because it's expensive. It's very so yeah, so this guy. All I was trying to get a cross to this guy is no one is going to for one hundred and forty nine dollars slap a charge on that acty.
Speaker 22: Simple fact of the matter is time is money.
Speaker 6: Okay, I got to take a break.
Speaker 2: We got more coming up. Hey, I'm Tom Martinez, your troubleshooter. Listen. You know there's a number of people telling me that I'm wrong.
Speaker 6: When it comes to air conditioning.
Speaker 2: That apparently people should be able to pull into a garage and for free get it all checked out. Now, air conditioning is some of the most expensive service you're ever going to pay for. And I have never once heard someone take a twenty year old car and simply throw a charge on the air conditioning system. Never once. They will want a pressure leak, pressure tested. Sometimes they have to evacuate the whole system.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry I missed a lot of this, but a couple of things. Just because I own shops forever, you know, we would never do anything like that for free. We would pump red dye into it, then check it a couple days later. But saying that, you realize, Tom, you can go out to Walmart and for about thirty bucks by a can of you ozone killer and put it in yourself.
Speaker 22: Okay, don't know what you're doing. You can also have that can explode in your hand and you can overfill it. You can overfill it, but if you roll on the high side of that system, it will blow that can apart.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all right now, Joe, I'm not sure we can. Maybe we can get Deputy Doc working on the problem. What's going on with your landlord tenant?
Speaker 25: Are you.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's they coung up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was gonna take him and have Deputy Doc take care of it. But listen, here's what I'm getting at. Okay, people I don't know. I'm filled with talking to I'm filled up. I'm over talking to people who buy cars with one hundred and fifty thousand miles or two hundred thousand miles on him and are surprised when.
Speaker 6: There's a problem.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, they buy them as is with one hundred and fifty, no even two hundred and fifty thousand miles, and then are pissed off when there's something wrong with them. Don't ever buy a car ever with that much mileage. I'm Tom Martino. Don't forget three oh three Martino. We'll try to help you the best we can, but you can't be stupid three O three seven one three eight.
Speaker 6: Two five five.
Speaker 5: Follow Tom Martino at Real Tom Martino and stay connected with all of us at six thirty k kayhow dot com and on the iHeartRadio app. This is Denver's talk station, six thirty k House