Speaker 1: Juicy moves, Hot gods.
Speaker 2: Come, stay on top in the shovel. Okay, So I don't want to oversaturate our audience with sinners talk the movie, but because been talked about it yesterday and I was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to see it's not great. I'm not gonna give you anything away. Let me say that movie is great. It's fantastic.
Speaker 2: And uh, I've been yesterday said that movie's great. So we're sitting here, two guys on the shower going this movie is great. You guys gonna see it is in yours.
Speaker 1: On your radar.
Speaker 3: I would love to go see it, but I'm probably gonna wait until it's streaming.
Speaker 1: I think there's in the theaters. Out of business.
Speaker 3: Christiana No, I was just there for the Zeppelin documentary.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, she earned it for the month.
Speaker 4: I think I'll probably see it as soon as I see Rust.
Speaker 1: Did you guys not hear Tom Cruise asking you to go? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, I usually immediately do the opposite of whatever he asked.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? You know what? I probably will be in the theaters to see A Mission Impossible too, that last Mission Impossible?
Speaker 1: Thank you? That is going to be really good.
Speaker 5: It's the series finale of all seventeen movies.
Speaker 4: I got to see all of them first to fully understand what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, what has happened to Ethan Hunt? Yeah, it's the final reckoning though. Oh so here's the situation. Watch the movie. And then I was walking out to my car after seeing the movie, and I thought of something. And it was an old question because I had a bad question about the movie. There's an old question every buddy, Chris Arnold, I want a question. He's somebody he said, and the time he said that the monkey from the Planet of the Apes movie from probably ten years ago should seriously be nominated for Best Actor because it was such a great performance, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Cgi I'm not real sure that wasn't a real monkey. It was an animated monkey or some commuter was.
Speaker 5: But there was an actor who was like, yeah, dressed up in a green suit, yeah, make it facial expression.
Speaker 1: Voiced it, you know, you know, all right.
Speaker 2: The point is it was one of those questions that made me think yep. So as I walked down the movie, I had a thought, and I know this is good because Ben without even before I'd even said it.
Speaker 1: Ben is like, oh, I know what you're thinking. So in this movie, Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan plays the character of Smoke and he also plays the character of a guy named Stack. Smoke Stack, the smoke Stack, the Smokes, the Smokestack brothers, not cousins, the Smokestack brothers, the twins. And as I was walking on the movie, I was like, Okay, so does Michael B. Jordan get to be nominated twice for Best Actor?
Speaker 1: Or is he in?
Speaker 2: Is he a possibility? Is he a candidate if you're voting on the Academy Awards. He's playing two characters. I think there's precedent for this. What I could be wrong Kramer versus Kramer. No, that there was a husband and wife.
Speaker 4: Oh, and that was a great Meryl Street and Dustin Hoffman, and it was the prete movie about divorce in the early eighties.
Speaker 3: Okay, Parent Trapp or Lindsay Lohan could have been nominated twice.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, though, what what was it? There was a show where they were twin cousins.
Speaker 1: What was that? Remember that premise? It was Patty Duke.
Speaker 4: Patty Duke was on a show where she played twin cousins, which is the dumbest premise of all twins. Look it up Patty Duke Show. Patty Duke played twin cousins on something. No, but I believe and I could be wrong on this. The movie adaptation. Didn't Nicholas Cage play two versions?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: And didn't he get nominated for I think one of them?
Speaker 1: I think for one of the characters. I think, because that's the whole whole thing.
Speaker 2: He is legitimately two different characters, and their storylines are different, they go off in different places, are the performance is vastly different.
Speaker 5: Kind of Okay, so they are they are twins, and they're supposed to It's a pretty deep movie.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 5: You could watch it and just enjoy it on a surface level, or you can really get lost in all the Easter eggs. But it's you know, there's this blues guitarist, this idea of the guy that sells a soul to the.
Speaker 1: Double the Robert Johnson character.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's that's that's what it is in Sounds of Hell, and so it's uh, the two twin brothers are supposed to represent a good angel on one shoulder and a bad angel on another. Okay, so one wears red and one wears blue, and they're totally different. One is impulsive and always getting into trouble, the other one is trying to make good decisions and but they're you know, they represent the choice you have to make. And it's like the whole movie is like, okay, voodoo, there's voodoo, and then the white man has forced Christianity on all of these recently freed black slaves, and it's like, what is the hell is happening in the South?
Speaker 2: And through all of that in a vampire movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: I thought the whole time I thought it was a vampire.
Speaker 1: Absolutely vampire.
Speaker 4: But there's this whole idea of the Gothic South, and this is we just talked about this the other day because we're talking about Alan Ball. What was that vampire show on HBO that we took No, no, no. He's the guy that wrote American Beauty and six Feet Under Uh. And the next show he did for HBO is that vampire show in the True Blood, and that is based on An Rice. And Ann Rice is a writer that specializes in vampires in the Gothic South, Okay, the American South. So it sounds like that's what we're laying all out here, because you know that New Orleans area and where voodoo and all that is, that's a mixture of different cultures. There's been a lot of really good movies.
Speaker 1: About all that. Bro, you you're I think you would dig this. There's some I do want to say.
Speaker 5: It's the idea that through music, there's voodoo magic tied into music. Music has this ability to hire in a different ages and generations on Earth, and so there's I don't want to ruin it for anybody, but there's this one point where a song is being performed and it's so good that suddenly there's ghosts from the past are there jamming and and and goes from the future as well.
Speaker 1: Do you guys know, God, we gotta should we care that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: D'angelo's second record, Voodoo No one listen knows what No, no, no, This was big. D'Angelo came from a Pentecostal family, Okay, And there's this long history within the Black Church of the idea of whether you're gonna do secular non secular music and whether or not you're gonna make the choice to make the devil's music.
Speaker 1: That's what this is about. What's this whole thing?
Speaker 4: Credits and and d'angelo's second record was called Voodoo. Yeah, I mean there there's like a really cool long history.
Speaker 1: It's deep. Yeah, it's the you would dig it, you would know, you would know more than most.
Speaker 5: Of us, all right, because you got to hear this new intro.
Speaker 1: Just over three minutes away.
Speaker 5: We're gonna hear Kat's new intro for Rangers Talk coming up in just over three minutes.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep