Speaker 1: Uh channel I says today and tomorrow mirror images of each other with the high of eighty seven, sticky and sonny in between sixty six with clear skies. And that goes for tomorrow night as well, Independence Day, mostly sunny all the way up to ninety one degrees sixty seven. Right now, typer traffic from.
Speaker 2: A frantic center. The University of Saint Sainami Cancer Center hands the most comprehensive one cancer center in the nation. To future a cancer care is here called five one three, five eighty five.
Speaker 1: You see wreck is clear.
Speaker 2: Northbound seventy five in the cut, but the backup.
Speaker 1: Is into Florence.
Speaker 2: It's still an extra hour into downtown east two seventy five slow out of Taylor Mill to Fourth seventy one northbound fourth seventy one, backing up past Rand southbound seventy five slow through Lachlan Chuck Ingram fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: I'm forty eight fifty five krcit the talk station. Welcome back to the fifty five carse Morning Showsteve Bolzoxcutive director of the Claarmont County Veteran Service Commission, helping out our American veterans each and every day. God bless you, Steve and already there for what you're doing for our veterans. What a great program. It's an awesome program, right, And you know one of the things you offer, and we haven't talked and focused on this, we've mentioned it, you brought it up, of course, but transportation, right, transportation to medical appointments. This is something that Clamort County Veterans Services does in fact offer, absolutely, and what a great thing. Yeah, you think.
Speaker 3: About Uncle Joe, Granddad. Yeah, they're they're up in age, they're they're still getting around, but putting them in Cincinnati traffic is the scariest thing. Right, So if you can have someone who can transport your loved ones to and from the VA from their home, yeah, what a phenomenal opportunity to get dad or mom off the road that you know they're being driven safely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a really excellent point when think about the seniors. But you know, the practical reality is all of us have, you know, issues that crop up in our day to day lives. A lot of us are still working and we can't take dad over to get his appointment as much as we would want to as family members. It's just not possible, absolutely valid. So how does the Clamont County Veteran Services manage the transportation? And we'll talk about you know, how do you get in touch and arrange at all the details on that, Steve right right?
Speaker 3: You know, we are Every county in Ohio has our office, the Veterans Service Office. Every county handles transportation different It's up to the county commissioners, the border commissioners of the Veterans Service. It's different from your county commissioners to design what that transportation is going to look like within their budget.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Orlando Sonza would be working with the Hamilton County Veteran Services to decide how they are going to offer transportation, which maybe different than Clarmont County.
Speaker 3: Absolutely And you know there was a lot of rift a number of months ago about Hull Hamilton was handling the transportation of the veterans, but they were going to change that and they're trying to adopt a new model to transport veterans around it and good on. The county's a big county, Clairemont, We're a little different. We have four vehicles, I have nine drivers with a manager over them to schedule all the transportation needs. So as a veteran calls into the line and says, hey, I need to ride down to the VA. But the interesting part is the VA is trying to extend their service time frame to handle veterans, usually by sixteen hundred, usually by four pm, their services stop at the VA. So what the VA has done is they've contracted individuals physicians outside who are able to see appointments even later through the afternoon. Oh good, so now we're not just people think, wow, this is only for a VA appointment. If I'm going downtown to the VA. If the VA has scheduled the appointment for you, even if it's with doctor Jim on the West Side, we will take it to doctor Jim on the West side. If you're a Claremont County veteran.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so you will travel outside the county then yes, yes, how about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the VA and Cincinnati schedule the appointment on your behalf to be seen by a physician, and you're a Claremont County veteran, we will take you there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you want to know where you do that? Clemacattyveterans dot Com that's the website. Are there any physical restrictions for those who can ride in the in the vehicles? Yeah? Another yeah, you're hitting it.
Speaker 3: I would say ambulatory only, meaning those people who can maneuver on their own. So what we do not have are handicapped wheelchair accessible vehicles.
Speaker 1: So what do we do for them? Well, we have my next question. What about those guys? Ah?
Speaker 3: Great leading, So thank you for that low hanging fruit. So for those individuals, we have a relationship with Claremont County Veterans or Claremont County Senior Services, who then will transport the veteran. They have the wheelchair lift, they have the individuals who are trained to handle individuals, lock the chairs down and try I support them to and from the VA as we would.
Speaker 1: Have perfect so they are adequately covered along this correct. All right, Now let's get to the fundamental point because some of that there is going, well, I need a ride to my doctor's appointment. How does one How does the veteran schedule their ride with through the Clarmont County Veteran Services.
Speaker 3: So typically with the VA, you will know well in advance that a appointment is coming up because the VA will annoy you with four texts a week and a phone call with reminders, so there is there's plenty of lead times, So we need a phone call five days before you're a reasonable the management team can ensure that we have enough drivers working that day and can schedule the routes to pick veterans up. And that phone number directly is five to one three five three six. I'm sorry seven five one three seven three two seven four seven to one.
Speaker 1: I'm going to make sure you clarify that because that was counting my notes when you started out there.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Clima County Senior Services, I was giving you I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Seven three to two seventy four seventy one. That's correct, fair enough, And there's a separate number for the Senior Services UH and Klement County Veterans dot com. Can you schedule anployment directly through the website?
Speaker 3: You cannot? You cannot, you cannot. It will give you the phone number direct to transportation.
Speaker 1: All right, now, what are the guidelines and veterans need to be aware of that are wanting to use the Clemont County Veteran Services Transportation.
Speaker 3: Sure one of them is you need to be in our system as a veteran, So we will need a copy of d D two fourteen. This is all held as as PII Personal identifiable information, so we keep it secure.
Speaker 1: Now, wouldn't someone who's already hooked up with the since ANYVA have that or you need it on separately on file at the Veteran Services.
Speaker 3: Separately on file with those we are not the VA, right right, So although we if we have a power of attorney, we can see into your records at the VA and substantiate that. However, to make it easier, if if dad, granddad or the veteran has a copy of the d D two fourteen, bring it down, bring it with you the day of your trip. Make a copy. Our service officers are able to validate yes, this is an actual d D two fourteen.
Speaker 1: And so once that's on file though, it's one and done, correct, Okay, So for further transportation down the road, you've already got the records.
Speaker 3: Secondly, if they were to take their D two fourteen to the Register of the County in Clarmont County, they will give you a Claremont County Veterans ID.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've talked about that, and that's a good thing to get. Absolutely federal holidays. You know that VA is quite unique for a federal organization. They continue working on federal holidays. It's medical care, it is right. Many think, well, well it's fourth of July, department. They're not leaving Uncle Bob unplugged and unmonitored the fourth of July. Right, So the VA still schedules appointments during federal holidays. So if you have an appointment on a federal holiday, my drivers are working fantastic. Claremont County Veterans die com online can't schedule the transportation there. I'll give you that phone number again. It's five one three seven three two seventy four seventy one. And they offer a wealth of services to the veterans out there in the community. So I recommend, regardless of whether you need a media transportation, get the information go to Claremont County Veterans dot com so you know in advance what they can do for you when the need arises, like provide transportation. Steve Bell's out, keep up the fantastic work. My friend, can't thank you enough for the work that you do. It's a pleasure to be here with you. It's always a pleasure to having you in seven fifty six fifty five k SEVE talk stations. State Senator George Lang, he'll be talking about the Ohio budget right off the top of the our news, followed b Judge Ennita poulatano I. Sure, hope you can stick around. Big things are happening.
Speaker 2: We're coming to you live right now.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you more at the top of the hour six and eighty arrest just in this one, operation fifty five krc D talkstation. This report is sponsored by