Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Just under the Ocean View Boulevard overcrossing where the two ten splits off to the two just after that overcrossing is where this guy who was doing about one hundred and fifteen miles an hour on the westbound two ten ended up swerving into the back of an empty dump truck and just ripped open the side of the Honda CRV.
Speaker 3: That he was in, fell out of the side.
Speaker 4: He was half hanging out as yah thing was coming to a stop.
Speaker 1: And there is a trail of stuff human and blood and things on the road. They replayed it a handful of times there on NBC, but you didn't really know what had happened because it happened so quickly. But yeah, it looked like he came up the truck was ahead of him again, like you said, he was doing one fifteen one sixteen, and it just kind of ran the driver side of the broadside of the driver side of the car right into the tail of that truck and it just ripped that side and everything inside apart. And they did try some resuscitations.
Speaker 2: The CHP was able to pull him out of the vehicle completely, but you could tell right away they weren't concerned that he was a Thrian anymore.
Speaker 3: CHP officers, they ain't phased. I mean they were just standing there going.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it was anybody else seeing the detritus that was that former human, you would be you would be crap in your pants.
Speaker 2: And then they do chest compressions and they're trying to save right life.
Speaker 3: My god, first responders.
Speaker 1: Man, I can't even get my elbow scraped without streaking out.
Speaker 4: Let's cleanse our palace a little bit.
Speaker 2: Tonight, the Dodgers take on the Braves in Atlanta, first pitch just after four o'clock. He can listen to all Dodger games on AM five to seven e LA Sports Live from the Galp and Motors Broadcast booth. Stream all the Dodgers games NHD on the iHeartRadio app. Use the keyword AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Well, have you heard about Trump's birthday plans? Is where we kick off swamp watch.
Speaker 5: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies.
Speaker 4: I'm stealing that lollipops. Yeah, we got the real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 3: The other side never quits.
Speaker 5: So what I'm not going anywhere?
Speaker 4: So that is now you train the.
Speaker 3: Swat, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 4: You know, Americans have always been going at president. They're not stupid.
Speaker 2: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 4: Have people voted for you with no swamp watch? They're all counting on.
Speaker 1: Get off the two ten, you can take what the one seventy or down to the five, one thirty four around?
Speaker 4: Yeah, keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the options are going to be meduse. That is going to be a problem for a long time. There to ten towards Pasadena there, if you're on your way headed there eastbound from the La Crecenta area.
Speaker 2: Well, the Army is going to celebrate another birthday coming up in June, June fourteenth, to be exact, you know.
Speaker 4: Else is celebrating a birthday on June fourteenth, Donald J. Trump. He'll be seventy nine years old.
Speaker 1: Detailed army plans for this potential military parade on Trump's birthday call for more than sixty six hundred soldiers, at least one hundred and fifty vehicles, fifty helicopters, seven bands, and a couple thousand civilians. These were documents obtained by the Associated Press. They are dated this week and they have not been publicly released, but they do represent, according to the AP, the Army's most recent blueprint for its long plan two hundred and fiftieth anniversary festival on the National Mall. Now, how much of that is about the Army's birthday and how much of that is about Trump's birthday? I guess it depends on who you ask. Some people would think that all of it is a gross display of military But would the Army put together such a big celebration if it was just the Army's birthday?
Speaker 4: Do they need to show their size of their I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think we do that.
Speaker 4: I don't need to.
Speaker 3: We haven't done that.
Speaker 2: I have full faith in the American military. I don't need But again, I mean you pointed out last time, I always talked about this. Air shows, fly you know, flybys at the National Anthem, you know, major sporting events.
Speaker 4: I don't know why that rings different to me than this one.
Speaker 3: Partly it's entertainment.
Speaker 1: It's not just the show of force, but it's a time to get everyone together.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's more of an event, isn't it.
Speaker 1: But I guess you could capture this could be something you bring the kids out to.
Speaker 3: It's an event. It brings everyone together. I don't know.
Speaker 2: On the one hand, we don't do enough to celebrate but these military But we don't need to do it this way. This is the way that people do it in third world country.
Speaker 1: Let me say this, there's artistry that comes with flying, especially the kind of flying you see at an air show. Sure there's precision and artistry, and wow, you roll a tank down the street, there's no artistry there. There's no talent to behold.
Speaker 2: Let's also point out tanks are not designed to drive down streets, and there's that the amount of damage that can be show is not just the price tag of fueling those things up and shipping them in from other parts of the country. You have to do the It's like it's like toll than the than the elephant Pooper. Scoopers that are coming through the story also out sort of in the reverb from Mike Waltz that's been ousted as National Security Advisor will be nominated to be the ambassador to the UN. Is that the Politico is reporting that there will be a purge of White House staff, a mass firing that they're talking about could come as soon.
Speaker 4: As next week.
Speaker 2: One of the insiders had said a lot of employees will be let go over perceived loyalty concerns, the president preferring to announce their removal in one sweeping gesture rather than in a piecemeal fashion one by one. According to Politico, the outgoing advisor made some quick enemies in his role by behaving in an arrogant manner. He's a staff, but he's acting like a principle. They haven't said to who that is. Waltz also attract suspicion from the MAGA wing of the Republican movement because he was considered too much of an establishment figure and may have been the leaker. So I don't know if she Laura Lumer, for example, I don't know if she is suggesting that he added Jeffrey Goldberg to that signal chat on purpose. That was one of the theories that ran ran around when it first happened.
Speaker 4: A couple months ago.
Speaker 2: But a person close to Mike Waltz and the deputy Alex Wong that were let go was why is he picking secret neo cons for these jobs. That's not how this administration is going to work, which is bs but that was the view, and that's at the stage for vibes of distrust and tension.
Speaker 1: We've only been talking about it for five hundred years, but the real id rush is upon us.
Speaker 3: It's this week, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You've got to have the real id by the time the conclave goes into its cloistered quarters.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a literation. If you just hear it, you know, you don't see it.
Speaker 2: If you don't think about it, see it.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Kentucky Derby is tomorrow. Of course, king are out. They lost to the Oilers again, six to four, their season's over. Clippers actually won last night one to eleven against Denver, one eleven to one oh five against Denver, so they forced a game seven.
Speaker 4: That Game seven is tomorrow night in Denver again.
Speaker 2: Don't look now, not only have the Angels lost Mike Trout to another injury as of right now, but they've lost six in a row.
Speaker 4: They had a good well.
Speaker 1: I blame Michael Monks because he decided to take on a baseball team and he picked the Angels and then they just ended up dying. It's heard when Justin Worsham decided to pick an LA team and he picked the Rams, and then the Rams just died.
Speaker 4: Angels lost last night ten to four.
Speaker 3: Not sure I think they won Super Bowl the following year, but.
Speaker 2: Well there is that. Dodgers are in Atlanta today four fifteen. As a matter of fact, listen to all the Dodgers games on A five seventy LA sports stream. All the Dodgers games in HD on the iHeartRadio app. Used that keyword AM five seventy LA Sports Zen she handcrafted sushi made fresh daily the Ralphs and right near the deli camp.
Speaker 3: We happen to have one thousand dollars to give away.
Speaker 5: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars just enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Green.
Speaker 4: That's green, g R. E. E.
Speaker 5: N Ederan now at KFI AM six forty dot com. Slash cash Howard by Sweet James accident attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 4: That keyword goes on the website.
Speaker 2: Make sure you keep an eye on your email since that's how we notify you went the winners. And then just about every hour we're going to give you a chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Yah retired Army Well he was. He's a tank commander. He fought against Rommel in World War Two. Show some respect, please.
Speaker 2: Okay, full respect to all members of the military veterans. Full respect. My point is you don't need to use the blood, sweat, tear, and lives of service members to pump up your own ego.
Speaker 1: I think that this one was my fault because I said that it and I take it back, but I would like to clarify it. I said that it requires artistry and talent to fly the way you fly at an air show, and oh and acrobatics that way.
Speaker 3: I understand it.
Speaker 1: It takes a lot of talent and artistry and all of the things, and the testicular fortitude and all of that I understand with every role in the military five hundred thousand percent.
Speaker 3: That's not what I meant.
Speaker 1: I just meant in the realm that it would be used on that day in terms of operating a tank on that day.
Speaker 3: Of a parade.
Speaker 1: It would not be seeing their their their them in their use.
Speaker 2: It's not the most difficult tasks that they've not the exactly.
Speaker 1: Like when you watch the air show, you're watching them do the stuff they're doing in wartime. If you're driving a tank down Pennsylvania Avenue, that's not when you're at your best doing your thing, is all I.
Speaker 4: Meant, no disrespect.
Speaker 3: What do you have your idea?
Speaker 4: I'm just making sure that I have my real idea?
Speaker 3: You do? You've checked?
Speaker 4: I do You've checked.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've checked every time we do checked at They have you terrified, they have people running so scared right now about having your real ID.
Speaker 1: Do you also worry about shutting the garage door after you leave like O C. D.
Speaker 4: No, I often have left my garage.
Speaker 3: You're open, you have and that doesn't bother you.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it bothers me because I feel like I'm moron. I mean, I'm backing out of the garage. How could I not?
Speaker 3: And then your neighbors are like garage door open again.
Speaker 2: If you don't have your real ID, you're in trouble because starting Wednesday, travelers in the United States United States. Travelers of the United States need a real ID or a passport or some other federally recognized document in order to board a flight. So in the state of New Jersey, as an example, seventeen percent of the state issued IDs are real IDs. No other state had a lower compliance rate, which is surprising. I thought what I thought California was up there. The problem a lot of places are having is they are booked out. Even those DMVs that now do reservations or appointments, like the California DMV, they're having a hard time finding People are having a hard time finding open slots to get into. This has become sort of the new adventure of the last couple of weeks is finding the slow DMV. That and by slow, I mean it's just not busy, not that it's a slow.
Speaker 4: As everybody's kind of slow. That's why they made the sloth in the movies be the DMV people.
Speaker 3: I love a sloth.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but I remember going to the DMV feeling like I was going to get this completely wrong and trying to follow every single rule they had laid out about the ID need.
Speaker 3: To realize that the world is made for very, very dumb people like us.
Speaker 2: Well, they said, you have to bring, you know, things like your passport or your Social Security card, or a birth certificate or a bill or some other or your current drivers.
Speaker 3: I brought all of it. Everything I know you did.
Speaker 4: I brought follow my DNA test.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: I get well not sperm. But I did give them a cheek swab. I didn't tell you what she and I right there in the old valley of the Double ham.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna bring up the Double Hams that I learned about this week on the Gary and Chandon Show. You haven't learned about it yet, because it's going to happen to you this weekend.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: Who's that when we said it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh, it's on the Weekend Fix. Oh that's our podcast.
Speaker 4: You get that.
Speaker 2: You listen to the podcast, right, but you subscribe to it and Saturday mornings episode just pops up on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, learn this week on the Weekend Fix. What Gary and his wife call each other's asses that's a tease, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Your face makes it sound like it's.
Speaker 1: Not well because I already know what you guys say, which is weird.
Speaker 4: To know that the surprise is gone.
Speaker 3: It is weird. I'd like a little mystery.
Speaker 1: Gary and Chennon will continue how ozempic is eating away at the body positivity movement. We talked about Lizo and how some backlash she's getting because she her whole deal was like, Yeah, I'm big and I'm beautiful, and what I'm going to live my life. I'm gonna do my thing and I'm freaking beautiful. And then she started getting into the skinny world and posting the skinny picks. Well, as soon as the body positivity movement seemed to be picking up steam, it's kind of disappeared.
Speaker 4: People started losing weight. Yeah, that's up next.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We have talked many times about the ever changing world of body positivity and Ozembica is having a other GLP ones are having a just a field day when it comes to this issue.
Speaker 1: It's got to be a conversation, doesn't it. In advertising departments, promotions departments around massive brands.
Speaker 3: We saw so many brands, whether it be.
Speaker 1: Gap or Dove or Target, move away from the super skinny models in the TV ads, even the mannequins and the stores with Target, and I believe Gap and Dove were some of the first adopters of just showcasing regularly sized women in their ad campaigns. And now there's so many of those regularly sized women who have gone with the GLP ones and they love it. Now I have friends that have taken or taking the GLP ones.
Speaker 3: They don't care about it. They don't have any qualms about it.
Speaker 1: They are open and honest, I'm taking this and it's working great, and I love it. I don't think that they would be offended or they would be any less apt to buy a brand that's stuck with the body positivity movement.
Speaker 3: For the women that choose to not be on the GLP ones, that was a little hard to follow, But I think, I.
Speaker 1: Well, there's some women who are just fine with the way that they are and they don't want to take the GLP ones for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: And isn't that just a definition of what body positivity is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not going to allow other people to tell you what to feel or how to feel about yourself.
Speaker 4: You have to feel about yourself. I mean, you gotta be honest with yourself.
Speaker 3: It's nice to.
Speaker 1: Have people like Liz O per our conversation before you know that celebrate it and that are famous or what have you.
Speaker 3: To show that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you do get money and everything else, I still want to be exactly who I am.
Speaker 2: It's funny that you mentioned money because money has apparently been sort of the gatekeeper for some of this. Because it can be pretty expensive, and because insurance coverage can vary widely, they may not always be accessible to people with the who don't have higher incomes or they don't have the best health insurance.
Speaker 3: People are capitalizing on this too.
Speaker 1: I feel like every other ad I see on social media is for a don't have money for GLP ones, try this.
Speaker 3: This is the next best thing kind of a thing.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it is, but it certainly seems like people are trying to make a lot of money off the people that don't have the money for the big named brands.
Speaker 2: And again, this is amazing because the growth of these drugs, specifically over the course of the last maybe two or three years is exponential. In twenty twenty I'm sorry, twenty nineteen, there was about five hundred and seventy seven million dollars spent on these drugs drugs in this category. In twenty twenty three it was four billion dollars, as eight time increase in the amount of money that was spent, and that was two years ago. Think of what it is right now with the popularity, with the numbers with here's probably the biggest issue. The evidence that people can see with their own eyes about the people who have been taking these drugs and the white the weight changes that they have gone through the way.
Speaker 1: Loss and it's not just the people who need to lose weight. Now you're seeing the ads of you don't need to be overweight to use GLP ones and the people that are GLP one curious who are not overweight, maybe they just want to lose that final fifteen pounds or what have you.
Speaker 3: And that I mean, I don't I'm not a doctor.
Speaker 1: I have no idea, but I don't think that GLP one should be seen as recreational. And I've heard anecdotes that they're being treated as such, like oh, I've got one of my buddies, got a little extra GLP ones over there. Let me throw some of this in there. See what happens. Maybe I lose five pounds by the weekend. That's not how it works well.
Speaker 2: And remember these were all not all these were originally touted as diabetes treatments. That was the way that they were marketed. Originally. It was the realization that they lessen your cravings in many cases, not just for food, but for drugs, alcohol too, and all of those things. When you lose weight, they can have a cascading effect of making every other aspect of your life that much healthier. They've talked about not only can you shed fifteen to twenty percent of your body weight, you see better blood sugar levels, lower blood pressure, improved cardiovascular health. And the questions now government wise, are should the government pay for some of these things, Because the end result is going to be a healthier populace. It's going to be cheaper for people in their sixties, fifties, sixty seventies to be covered with the GLP ones than it would be if they had full blown diabetes. So we have to weigh which is better economically for the rest of the country. Should we force insurance companies to cover it more? Should we force the drug companies to lower prices on these things?
Speaker 1: Does everybody hear diabetes and think about Tim Conway Junior?
Speaker 3: Not because he is diabetic. I don't know if he is or not.
Speaker 1: I do wouldn't know, But I hear diabetes and I think diabetes, and then I think of Conway.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's everybody, right, that's all of us.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a common thing.
Speaker 1: Now, what do you think about when do you think about John? Do you think about John? When do you think about anything?
Speaker 4: Every in and out restaurant? I drive by, Yeah, I think John.
Speaker 1: I was driving by an in and out last night. I cannot believe the lines. It was like eight thirty something like that. Yeah, the lines that snake around, That's what I'll have today. In and out is wild. I mean, it's it's that has been the way it's been ever since all those in and outs opened where they where they did not once exist. They opened to great fanfare, great massive lines, and the lines persist.
Speaker 4: And they never go away.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 2: And then you could drop a GLP one in your hip and eat.
Speaker 4: As much as you want, but you don't want to eat it.
Speaker 1: That's the thing is I was just going to say, I don't think you want to eat it right.
Speaker 3: You don't have that that would be a tough thing to get over.
Speaker 1: Is because your brain tells you you want it right, but your body's telling you you don't because you're taking the GLP WANs and that's a tough that would be a tough dance.
Speaker 3: I would assume that's the hardest.
Speaker 4: Part about the things.
Speaker 2: That that's why I would want to take it, because I don't know what that would feel like to not have that craving right. And I don't I mean it does it feel weird to people like they know when they usually drive by this part of town they can smell the smoke from the part place.
Speaker 1: Get into your brain into the corners that say you want that?
Speaker 3: Does it work that well.
Speaker 2: I'll just hold up a stop sign and say, you're not going to intrude my brain with that thought. Yeah, I don't know. That's why I'm That's why I'm curious about me too. Not that I wouldn't take it just for that.
Speaker 3: No, but I am curious to hear I've never asked those questions.
Speaker 2: I am, well, what does it feel like to not have those craves to see that I mentioned I mentioned.
Speaker 3: Earlier, nothing of it.
Speaker 2: If I crave pizza first thing in the morning, you did today, It's hard to get that out of your head.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do about that?
Speaker 1: Do you have an avenue to get pizza at some point today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called a pizza restaurant.
Speaker 1: I know, but like you're you're not gonna go home and order a pizza And then your wife comes up.
Speaker 3: It's like, what are you doing? What's going on in here?
Speaker 4: Can I yell at her from the corner? Don't look at me?
Speaker 2: Time the dog. I'm holding a fly swatter so the dog won't come near me.
Speaker 1: I ate ice cream for dinner last night? Is that okay? Yep, okay, yep. That's what you get to do when you grow up.
Speaker 3: Kids up.
Speaker 2: Next, we were interrupted by the car chase. But Rust the movie comes out. Are you clamoring to see it? And why there's only one person who's gonna make money on the whole thing.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: A movie opening this weekend is a movie we've talked about many times, probably more so than any other movie in the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: And that is rust and I have no desire more than any no.
Speaker 3: Desire I've ever had not to have a desire to see this movie.
Speaker 4: You could care less.
Speaker 2: This is the movie on which Alec Baldwin mishandled his weapon and shot and killed the cinematographer and injured the director Joels who'sa Hala Hutchins, Helena Hutchins, Sorry, I was forty two years old, survived by a son and her husband. That movie comes out this weekend. And a couple of things. First of all, I was surprised that they continued production on this. They were able to bring in another cinematographer, a woman named Bianca Klein, who kind of stepped in when the shoot resumed. And the other aspect of it is, even though the armorer on the movie was convicted of it involuntary manslaughter, the case against Baldwin, as the producer of the movie and the actor in the one handling gun in the first place, a judge determined some of the evidence had been mishandled, so that case never went anywhere. The agreement that was come to though when it comes to the producers, was that no producer on the film, none of the executive producers at least, was going to.
Speaker 4: Make any money.
Speaker 2: Hutchins was named as one of the movies executive producers the husband, and he is the only one who is going to make movie, sorry, going to make money on this movie.
Speaker 4: Now, the other.
Speaker 2: Aspect of this is it's still a movie and there are still going to be reviews of it. The New York Times actually said that this is a very interesting kind of movie where all you think about is the production, not the movie itself. And in the last paragraph of their review by Manola Dargis that came out just yesterday, Manola says the images are nicely composed, dramatically lighted, with bright, sometimes moody, big sky exteriors that suggest freedom, and many interior scenes pushed to claustrophobic darkness. There's a scene sorry, there's a sense of cinema history. It may be reassuring for some viewers to see Rust as a kind of testimonial to Helena hutchins talent. What is undeniable is that because Rust looks as good as it does every time the riders on horseback appear against a florid sky. It isn't the characters you think about. It's Helena Hutchins.
Speaker 4: It's not rated.
Speaker 2: It's about two hours and thirteen minutes. It's in some theaters. It's available to rencher by on most major platforms. But again, none of the money goes to the producers, with the exception of Helena Hutchins widower and son.
Speaker 1: Well, look, that is the massive twelve o'clock hour. It's here already on this all Request Super Friday, back to back to back hot requests right here on The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 5: Listening to the.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app