Speaker 1: Chum looking for excitement. Jumpbu Casino is here.
Speaker 2: Play anytime, play anywhere, Play on the train, play at the store, play at home, Play when you're bored. Play today for your chance to win and get daily bonuses when you log in. So what are you waiting for? Don't delay? Chumpa Casino is free to play.
Speaker 3: Experience social gameplay like never before. Go to Chumbuck Casino right now to play hundreds of games, including online slots, bingo, slingo, and more. Live the Chumba life at Chumbacasino dot com. Bwroom no parce necessary, board were prohibited by lossy terms and conditions.
Speaker 4: Eight plus top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences, and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to new heights.
Speaker 4: Just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong. Their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours can too. A job that can take you farther and a place you can't wait to come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at call Ohio home dot com.
Speaker 6: Baby, I'm a gamester too. It takes at a tangle. Baby, I'm a gangster. Touch Baby, You're a game.
Speaker 7: Statue for the warners, this podcast is designed to take you outside of your comfort zone and make you question reality. Listener discretion is a vie.
Speaker 1: Fellas.
Speaker 8: This ain't my first time at the rodeo. M all right, everyone, thanks for being here. I'm so excited for this episode. I have one of my best sties in the podcasting world, Drew, on tonight, and we are going to cover one of our favorite movies, or at least, let me just speak for myself, one of my favorite movies of all time. But before we get into it, Drew, how are you?
Speaker 9: I am? Good, mate, really good. I'm really happy to be on for this film because, like you said, it's not just yours. It's one of my favorite films of all time as well. It's an epic eighties film, the tail endb eighties. But I really can't wait to get into this one because after going back and watching it with a keen eye this time, I picked up on a lot of things that just went straight over my head as a kid growing.
Speaker 8: Up watching this, oh for sure, And like I said, before we started recording. I hope we didn't find all the same stuff. I still hope to blow your mind a little bit. Like that's always I have to set the bar, like if I don't blow Drew's mind, I've failed. So hopefully I found something. But it is the verbs. And of course, you know, with Tom Hanks and everything, it's one of those conspiracy theories that even people who aren't into conspiracy theories are starting to know about. You know, it's always Tom Hanks that gets brought up. He's like the conspiracy candy at this point.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Tom Hanks has become very much a thorn in the side of the Q people. He's this big personality that when everyone talks about Hollywood and the city Underbelly, Tom Hanks just happens to be the lead head of this. It's like he's some kind of a patriarch of the of the pedophilex pedophile satanic elite or something. He's just Yeah, and it came out nowhere too. America's Dad, as he's been known, has somehow become the most nefarious name in Hollywood.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it was also he was also linked to all that Isaac Cappy stuff and just all the weirdness, you know, and like one of his sons is like pretty hot. Actually he's like a buff dude and doesn't really look like Tom Hanks at all. And then you have his other son, Colin, that has been in a lot of movies that looks almost just like him, like a twin of him, And you almost wonder, like, are they into all this stuff too? I guess they'd have to be right, it's like that's their dad. Guilt by association. But I mean, I guess it's one of those separating the art from the artist or whatever they say. Because I still love the movie. I still watch Tom Hanks movies all the time. I always talk about The Money Pit. I don't know if you like that one, but.
Speaker 9: It's pretty good. The money Pit, Big passed away this all these great Hollywood films of Tom Hanks. Like I said, when you think of the elites of Hollywood and people who were genuinely entertaining in their craft, Tom Hanks is rought up there. Oh so for all these conspiracy theories to come out and say at bare minim the last five to six years, that just blew up the scene and conspiracy big time. Because we all grew up on Tom Hanks A fantastic.
Speaker 8: ACTA one hundred and I know you have a little bit of an article do you want to read for everyone, just maybe to get us started, Yeah, sir, little tease test.
Speaker 9: Absolutely So this is an article I came across and I'll just bring it up on the screen. It really spins the tale of what conspiracy theory is for Normish and probably what i'd say is left wing politics in America and how it's considered today. Tom Hanks movie that explains modern conspiracy theories, The Burbs, continues to be underrated by Cracked dot com. A lot of Tom Hanks movies help us untangle the complexities of the modern world. Philadelphia taught many of us about AIDS discrimination, Apollo thirteen was a painstakingly accurate look at the space program, and of course Larry Crown was a hard look at well whatever it was that happened in the Larry Crown. But we'd like to take a minute to talk about Tom hanks most sadly underrated projects, the nineteen eighty nine comedy The Burbs, directed by Joe Dante. The Suburbs been a subject of a lot of political discourse this year. Donald Trump's reelection strategy heavily involved stoking racist fears among white suburbanites, and earlier this year, the Republican National Convention hosted Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the recently indicted gun toting rejects from the Freedom fifty five commercial who threatened Black Lives Matter protesters. The couple warned viewers that the Democrats were attempting to abolish the suburbs, presumably their warning that Joe Biden would personally bathe in the blood of each and every peer one shopper, shopper that was cut for time.
Speaker 8: What the fuck right?
Speaker 9: This is varied, politicized spin, every single conspiracy theorist as a gun toting white American. Of course, the American suburb's real story is inherently racist one the state's sponsored housing projects purposely segregated communities out of the fears of property values of white homes would decline Otherwise, One could argue that the urbs exclusion of black characters in the story about suburbans and a phobia is a giant oversight, But the film also grapples with another theme that are sadly relevant today. Ultimately, the movie is about how fear, privilege, and isolation are the gears to crank out the conspiracy theory sausage alarmingly quickly. Hanks and friends convince themselves that their residents foreigners are Satanists and reflect in real life Satanic panic of the mid nineteen eighties, the massisteria of the Satanists were abusing children throughout the country, sometimes through the unholy vessel of the Smurfs. Certainly has echoes in today's batshit crazy QAnon conspiracy theory, and it to has been spreading in the suburbs. While the verbs ultimately ends in the revelation that the mysterious foreign invaders did commit murder, the twist almost feels like an aft of thought and they could easily exist solely in rais fractured psyche. The points that this titular verbs can be conserved as the perfect breeding ground for irrational, toxic obsession. And while so has gone through like twenty Batman's since nineteen eighty nine, sadly that hasn't changed. What the app a compolete absolute drama of politics that's been thrown into this.
Speaker 8: What do you know when we do episodes like this and I have people say like, oh, you're grasping at straws. Oh you're splitting hairs, you're doing this, and now that article, that article is doing that.
Speaker 9: Okay, exactly, it's the article is.
Speaker 8: Doing that, not us, not the stuff. No, no, no, no, no, that shit is grasping at straws.
Speaker 9: It took something that was a nineteen eighty nine classic comedy and made it purposely political for no reason. If anyone's stoking the now and yeah, it's stoked the fire division by making it race related, not at all about the actual content of the film, but anyway, it just hintsept things like Satanism, which are clearly within this film by the way, yeah the script, but let's just go off that and everyone's a gun toning Trump supporter. Wow, I just found that article very interesting in my research.
Speaker 8: Dude, that is fucking wild, Drew. I'm telling you, they hit us at every angle with some shit like that. Like somebody who wasn't like us, who wasn't into this stuff, come across an article like that and they'd be like, oh, I never knew that about the Burbs. It's like, what the like what That's not what the movie was about at all.
Speaker 9: Not at all it's it's one of those like lecturers at university which has a whole unit on white oppression of minority groups, and they'd use this as a focus for their students reading something into it that's not actually.
Speaker 8: There, right right, Okay, Well we're gonna have to school people now because we gotta we gotta make it right for anybody out there who found that article. We got to tell them the truth about the fucking verbs. How do you want to get started? You you always do like the kind of like the overview and the names and stuff. You want to do that first?
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's get in so I've got synopsis there and did you know your facts? And then the etymology of the names.
Speaker 10: All Tom Hanks wanted was a quiet vacation at home.
Speaker 9: This is what I need, Carol, I need this.
Speaker 10: Welcome to Mayfield Place, a typical street in the burbs whine Water where nothing much ever happened. I just tick a dump on Rumsfield's lining until the Clopex moved in Clopex Clopex clopek. No one goes in, no one comes out. Neighbors from how it was a nice place to live, he said.
Speaker 11: He thinks the Clopex are evil incarnate.
Speaker 1: Well you're much too smart to fall for that, aren't you, honey?
Speaker 10: But no, Carol, you would't want a visit there.
Speaker 9: Ray, This is Walter.
Speaker 10: The Burbs.
Speaker 12: I'm going over the fence when I'm not coming back till I find a dead Bonnie.
Speaker 9: Great.
Speaker 12: Do you wanted to take your family kidnap and tear their livers out and make some kind of satanic pante We Ron, Walter.
Speaker 13: We got a real problems, Ron.
Speaker 9: I love this street.
Speaker 10: Tom Hanks, I think we are overreacting. No, the Urbs, it's one hell of a neighborhood.
Speaker 11: Hey, Hi, I think we should move.
Speaker 9: So. The Urbs is the nineteen eighty nine dark comedy thriller written by Dana Olson and directed by Joey Dante that tells the tale of a typical American neighborhood.
Speaker 14: It is Ryan Seacrest here. People always say it's good, too unwined, But that's easier said than done. The exception Chump of Casino, they actually make it easier done then said. Are at least the same chump. A casino is an online social casino with hundreds of casino style games like slots and Blackjack, play for fun, Play for free for your chance to redeem some serious prizes. Sign up now. Collect your free welcome bonus at umpacasino dot com sponsored by chump A Casino. No purchase necessary. VGW group void where prohibited by Law eighteen plus. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 4: Top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences, and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to.
Speaker 4: New heights just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn even Neil Armstrong. Their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours pan too.
Speaker 15: A job that can take you further and a place you can't wait to.
Speaker 4: Come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at call Ohio home dot com.
Speaker 9: When new neighbors come to leave in the Haus, next tool to write Payson, he finds that least people are really strange. Nobody's ever seen them. The Haus is a real man, and during the night, weird noises keep coming from their basement. The only thing they know is their name, Clopex. One day, Walter, an old man in the neighborhood, suddenly disappears under mysterious circumstances. Ray begins to question the CLOPEXX involvement, while his friend and fellow neighbor Art is convinced that the new family on the block is part of a murderous satanic cult. Straight off the bat, Joe Dante as the director.
Speaker 8: Don't even say anything because I got all the shit on the drug. You know, that's my thing.
Speaker 9: I just got to just just a little bit Dante Dante's Inferno, the literal story about a man who goes to hall to save his wife who's committed suicide. I just jumped off the bat for me as a historian and a literary lover. Sot on the dragon.
Speaker 8: I actually this is an m Nate Charmalan twit in our episode because I'm not going to reveal anything about the director until we get like halfway through the breakdown because there's a specific scene that triggers the conspiracy. So I'll get to it like kind of halfway through. But let me hear about the names. Give me the name, Okay, I'll.
Speaker 9: Go through the names. Then we'll go through some did you know facts? Ray Peterson. Tom Hanks plays our main character in Old German tongue. Ray finds fitting roots in Reagan, meaning counsel or advice, elevating the bearer to a moral learned stature. Peterson, meaning Peter's son, is derived from the given name Peter, which is from the Greek Petros, meaning rock or stone. So Ray is the bedrock of his small community of Mayfield Place. He forms his council with fellow neighbors, seeking advice on the new mysterious neighbors and what they've been doing within the confines of the dark and ominous home. So he's the counselor and the bedrock of his community.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Carol, his wife, Carol, just being synonymous with folk songs and religious significance, she's almost like his moral grounding. She's his voice of reason throughout. Oh you're crazy, you're looking too much into this, So she's almost like his balancing scale. In this film, bitch was wrong though she was very wrong. Yeah. Mark Rumsfeld, who plays the neighbor who's like a grizzled Vietnam Veteran Roman Latin name Markos or Martkos has been thought to mean god of war and warlock. Rumsfeld is Old English, which means wild Garlic. It is believed that a strong sense an essence of garlic repels creatures, protecting individuals from their harmful intentions. Whiles association with vampires is mostly mythical, the symbolism of garlic is a potent guardian against darkness still persists. Mark is a grizzled war veteran from Vietnam, a man with a keen eye on what happens with his street. He forms the physical protect for the town, using his military tactical knowledge to keep those he cares about safe, repelling those who mean to do them harm. He's the physical soldier and the esoteric guardian of his street.
Speaker 8: He definitely is that.
Speaker 9: Art Wagner, which is the conspiracy theorist in this film who kind of aligns with what our thinking is. It's hilarious loved art Art Winegardner Art is a Celtic masculine name meaning bear and figuratively means champion, whereas white Gardener is a German surname meaning wine. Gardener. Art embodies the essence of his namesake the as he wanders in and around the town and the street, going through people's houses, eating their food, sitting down, lazing about. He also enjoys a good drink. In this case it's beer, not wine, so he's just the lays of our easy going guy. The last one in the small little group is Ricky Butler, who's played by oh from Grimlins with his Corey Feldman Corey, one of his last films before he dropped off the face of the earth. Butler German origins meaning powerful leader or brave ruler, and it's a short form of Richard, whereas Butler is Old English meaning a bottle bearer. Ricky is the leader amongst his group of youthful friends doing the typical things of those in his age, hanging around partying drinking. He brings the beer, the location and the entertainment for his friends group, so you see throughout this film he's always got his young group of friends around watching what other people are doing and not going out and partying like the stereotypical things of the kids at that age. Last one doctor Werner Clopek, which is our villain for this film. Werner is a name of German origin, Werner meaning the defender or the defending warrior. Clopek is Polish in origin, a diminutive vermin version sorry of Kloss a nickname from Kloss roughly translates to ear or spike of cereal, which generally means in Polish tongue, probably for someone who's small or lanky. Doctor Werner is a small man and fierce defender of his family's ancient Germanic Slavic arts, practices and secrets. Whilst he cannot defend his family in the sense of martial strength and power, he does so through his intellect, charm, and panash. We see this guy as a very well educated, very worldly man, very different from his brother and his nephew, but he defends them in that manner through his intellect.
Speaker 8: And he is small as fun like he looks, Yeah, he looks like a fucking madjit or something. But you know, I thought that it might be significant because they kept bringing it up in the movie, like Klopec, Like what is that a Slavic name? Like, they kept bringing it up in the movie, so I thought, like it might be I don't know, do you think it fits the care well or do you think it was just some randomness.
Speaker 9: I think they wanted a Pollock Slavic type of name, but it tends to be the more Germanic in their origin. In this film, and it kind of comes back to one of the key sequences later on I'll get into, but it refers to a Zoroastrian god or demon in this case.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Drew, why are you going to come in with the heat so early on? Geez what let me grab my water real quick, Hang on, no problem, Okay, So the beginning of the movie, let's just walk ourselves through it. Uh, did anything strike you? I'm talking about even the opening of the opening of the movie when they're zooming down in on the house and like everything after that, did anything strike you right off the top?
Speaker 9: Well, straight off the get go. If you're going to go down to conspiracy routes, it had and it's the producer of the film, the company that helped build it and fund it. It goes stretch to the globe earth versus flat earth analogy, because we've got the globe. It shows the globe that zooms in, It goes specific part of America and goes down to a straight level straight away. It's setting up the idea or the sigh up that the Earth is a globe versus a flat plane. And if you're a biblical person, it's a flat plane.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what. That's the first thing that I noticed too, right, Like they got the globe model going for us, and then it's zooming down in and you know, compared to everything else on the street, obviously the Klopex house, everything is fucking dead. The grass is dead, the trees are dead. The house looks fucking dilapidated. Which doesn't make sense to me because if they had just moved in and just murdered the Naps, why weren't the Naps keeping up with their shit, Like they moved in and literally everything fucking died overnight or like what I mean. Obviously it's just part of the movie for the theatrical version of it, but they had literally freshly murdered the Naps, and fucking the whole house looks like it's been vacant for seventy two years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it almost looks as if the land's cursed because you've got the immaculate lawns on everyone else's front yards and there's literally a delineation of lime grain that suddenly stops. There's no overlap of a little bit of grass slowly dying. It's just dead in lines, as if almost it's like cursed earth. Assaulted earth.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, so now we have to take into consideration. Just teer me out that it goes beyond just the physical aspects of these guys being fucking weird, because if you can kill grass overnight and trees, then there's probably a spiritual aspect to this, like everything is dead around these motherfuckers. And the next scene, like when I put in some stuff that I just thought was funny, but like the newspaper boy is doing his route or whatever and he gets to Tom Hanks his house and he splashes the coffee at him, like I don't know, but it just gets me every time. It's so funny.
Speaker 9: The hilarious thing I found was the name of the straight Mayfield Place because it's a winking a nod to Mayfield, which was the town which the Claves lived in, and leave it to Beva. Oh so it's trying to type, Yeah, it's trying to tie back into that Americana like golden age, white pick offence Tom frame.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, And like we kind of get introduced in a way to all of the characters in this like first five minutes of the movie, because you know, Tom Hanks, he splashes his coffee at the newspaper boy, and then it kind of goes over to Rumsfield and his wife, who is smoking hot. By the way, if we were gonna rate like eighties wives, she's right up there. I mean, she's classic eighties wife material. Rumsfield's wife is smoking hot.
Speaker 9: And good twenty years younger than him.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, definitely, definitely. And you know, I think we see Walter, you know, his dog takes a shit on Rumsfield's lawn. We see Corey Feldman aka Ricky Butler, and uh.
Speaker 2: Every day when you log into chumbucasino dot com, the ultimate online social casino, you get a free daily bonus. Imagine if you got daily bonuses in other parts of your life.
Speaker 1: I chose French Fries, overloaded French Fries.
Speaker 3: I asked Stuart from accounting about his weekend even though I don't care.
Speaker 16: I updated my operating system without having to call tech support.
Speaker 2: Collect your free daily bonus at chumbacasino dot com. Now jump and live the Jumba life.
Speaker 9: Don't We're necessary? Boy?
Speaker 2: Reprohiited by lotsy terms conditions eighteen plus.
Speaker 4: Top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sign and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to new heights.
Speaker 4: Just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong. Their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours can to a job that can take you further and a place you can't wait to come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at call Ohio home dot com.
Speaker 8: I don't think we see art until a little bit later. But did anything strike you between like the opening and then the kitchen scene. Uh?
Speaker 9: Noria really kicked off in the kitchen, saying that's where I stopped.
Speaker 8: To me too, Well, I'll let you go first and then I'll tell you what I found in the kitchen.
Speaker 9: So this is the scene where we do get introduced into art. Kanna just makes his way over and starts eating the food and they're chatting. I noticed a little nod to a previous Corey Feldman film. In the background there's a box of Grimlin cereal sitting on the shelf. I guess I'll go first, go for it, please.
Speaker 8: All right? So first I want to say, though, in the kitchen scene at the beginning of the movie, when he's walking through the house and he's arguing with Carol about whether or not he's gonna go on vacation. There is a painting in the background of a little girl in a red overall dress with what looks to be a bullet hole in the middle of her head, and it's like kind of creepy, and I zoomed in on it and made it extra big, and it looks like there's just a dark circle like right in the middle of her forehead. Like She's like, it's like a dead girl in the painting, and I look at all the background stuff. Right then we get into the other part of the kitchen scene and they're they're either eating Grimlin cereal or they are it's on the counter. Obviously, the Grimlin cereal is out. I me and my sister do this with me. By the way, we were both watching it. She was born in the eighties. She knows things I don't know. I said, is that a real fucking cereal? I was like, did bitches be eating Grimlin cereal? She was like, oh my, oh god.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And so I watched the commercial for the Grimlin cereal and it goes satisfy the demon inside Ah Okay, that's what the Grimlin ceial commercial says. And the director of The Urbs directed the Grimlins bro like literally, and there is a lot of shit in the Grimlins that is fucking conspiracy theorists shit like there is. The term Grimlins came from the conspiracy Fuck me, it came from the conspiracy theorist guy in the Grimlins, because he was like, they're all coming to get us. There's Grimlins everywhere. So even that word came from like a conspiracy theory. And he's also one of the directors of the Twilight Zone movie. He directed the Twilight Zone movie alongside of Steven Spielberg. And there were two kids in the Twilight Zone movie that got their heads completely decapitated and uh in this fucking horrible helicopter accident while they were filming. And so there's all this weird darkness around this director, and he's putting little clues about stuff in the Burbs. If you look for it, it's there. He's already referenced the Grimlins there. Corey Feldman's wearing a Batman T shirt underneath his other T shirt and quite a few scenes. But I mean, what do you think about that? I think it's interesting.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 17: I will.
Speaker 9: You mentioned the artwork, right, So I looked at that artwork and something. I didn't notice the bullet hole, but I noticed the style in which it was painted. It looks eerily reminiscent of some Pizzagate guest.
Speaker 8: The paintings, right, the painting eerily similar, very much so. And then you get like the the way that they set up everything in the background. It has to be on purpose because it catches your eye. The Grimlin cereal box catches your eye, and the painting in the background caught my eye for sure. But anyways, so after this scene, actually, and why I know it's got to be on purpose, is because Art comes through the backyard and he's got a fucking gun and he there's no other figurines in the entire backyard, in raised backyard other than what an ow, a fucking owl, and he shoots the head of it off. So I mean, do you think I'm grasping at straws because I think.
Speaker 9: That there's the council of like a council of owls or wisdom of owls, and the owl is very reminiscent of certain now elates that gather together at a certain grove and raise this Moloch. It's almost as if they're trying to symbolize the death of one kind of ancient deety to ushering another one lighter in the film, mm hmmm hmm.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I thought it was interesting. And just again in the kitchen scene, they're kind of at the table and Art is talking his head off, and in the background they're watching a cartoon. Did you catch the cartoon in the back?
Speaker 9: Now? I missed it? What was it?
Speaker 8: All right? So again, props to my sister because she recognized it. I never would have. She was like, oh, I know exactly what that was. They're watching Felix the cat step.
Speaker 10: Into the world of power, loyalty and luck.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.
Speaker 10: With family, canoli's and spins mean everything.
Speaker 13: Now you want to get mixed up in the family.
Speaker 10: Business, Introducing the Godfather at Champa Casino dot com.
Speaker 13: Test your luck in.
Speaker 10: The shadowy world of the Godfather slotch Someday.
Speaker 13: I will call upon you to do a service from me.
Speaker 10: Play the Godfather now at Chumpacasino dot com.
Speaker 13: Welcome to the family.
Speaker 1: No, we're just necessary.
Speaker 3: BDW Group have wait wait phibited by Law eighteen plus terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 4: Top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to new heights.
Speaker 4: Just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong, their careers all took off in Ohio.
Speaker 15: And yours can too. A job that can take you further and a place you can't wait to come home.
Speaker 5: To have it all in the heart of it all.
Speaker 4: Launch your search at call Ohio home dot com.
Speaker 8: And my sister actually found the exact episode they were watching in the movie, and it's called The Rainbow Parade in Technicolor. And if you look at the cover for this cartoon, this episode, it's like all Wizard of Ozzie and there's like rainbows and just the symbolism is off the charts. And they're watching that episode in the background of this kitchen scene. But I mean the funny part of it. If you're not looking at the background and you're looking at the forefront. Art is eating his fucking ass off, and Ray looks at him and he's like, why didn't you go with your wife to her mother's house? And he's like, hey, I'm eating here.
Speaker 9: So why didn't you go with suzetto a mother's house?
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm eating here. Okay.
Speaker 12: Can you imagine me and the two of them alone for a week, I'd rather chew broken glass.
Speaker 9: Then he eats.
Speaker 8: He eats a dog food out of the dog food bowl. I mean, there's so many iconic moments. There's there's actually Aunt Jemimah's syrup on the table, rip Aunt Jemima But like, also.
Speaker 9: Do you guess what he grabs out of the fridge as well? Ribs, ribs, and damn pineapple. He pulls a pineapple out and pineapple in Hawaiian culture is a symbol of hospitality, friendship, and fertility.
Speaker 8: But it also upside down means swingers, so it's a sexual reference and.
Speaker 9: It's that's the fertility side of things.
Speaker 8: Right yeah, yeah yeah, But I mean the kitchen scene in itself is pure comedy because I mean, if I was going to be a character in this movie, I'm one art there is no other character I would be. I'm actually like that in real life. I can't stop eating and I can't stop talking about dumb shit. So I'm Art, I think you're I think your RUMs Field really unless you I mean, I'm not gonna tell you who you identify with, but if I was gonna say who, probably probably Rumsfield.
Speaker 9: I probably would be yeah, you're not wrong.
Speaker 8: Thing.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So why don't we go to next?
Speaker 9: So this is where because prior to this this scene sequence where we see Art talking to our main character about the neighbors, we've skimmed over a little part at the start where our main character played by Tom Hanks, he goes out and he's watching the neighbors. There's some weird noises coming from the basement. You hear over and you see Rumsfeld having a cigarette or a cigar in the window, watching over at night. Being he's creepy little self as well, and they start to get into the minuture of you know, he's got a week off, he's on vacation. He doesn't really want to do anything. He wants to lays about, drink a few beers, doesn't want to go anywhere. But this storyline starts to take over his life. He's a bit too invested in the neighbors and the issues are surrounding them. And the weird noises he hears and sees. And this is where Art really tapped into the schizo conspiracy society of things. When he's eating his food and he's just blah blah blah, going off about all the things that he's noticed about these neighbors. He says, one thing, though, I spoke to the real estate agent about the Clopex buying the house, and that's how he knows the last name. So the only thing we know about him the last name Clopex, which is interesting later on the film, there was no sale of the house. The house wasn't purchased spoilers. So how does is Art just talking shit or.
Speaker 8: Or we catch a f.
Speaker 9: We catched a flood, that is, there was a massive error in the continuity of the story, or Art's actually in on it.
Speaker 8: Maybe I still think I would be Art, though in this story it would be like me to be like fucking hiding some shit like that too, Like I did some fucking digging and shit fucking spying on the neighbors. Well, you know, when they're standing outside the garage and he's like, oh did I show you these these tools? It? Carol's dead, got me and you know, they're talking back and forth and he's like, oh, yeah, those are beautiful. What are you gonna build something with those?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 10: What are you gonna do first? I no, no, hey, that show you my new tools. No, were great.
Speaker 9: Carol's father gave.
Speaker 11: Him to me for Christmas.
Speaker 10: Huh Oh, those are beauties.
Speaker 9: You're gonna build something with us?
Speaker 10: I think so.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's just so, it's just pure comedy, pure comedy. He's like, you want to go stop by the deli and get one of those sandwiches. I mean, I just love this movie so much. It's near and dear to my heart. But there is so much stuff in there, and you know, raise a pussy like for the first like half of the movie because even when they're standing outside at you know, talking back and forth in the garage, fucking this is where we see the first low peck fucking Hans makes his debut. And I don't know, Drew, I mean, I'm not a hater against Gingers, obviously for apparent reasons, but damn, okay, they couldn't have picked a more crip keeper ass looking purple circles under the eye of fucking nasty ass Ginger. I mean that dude looked like walking hepatitis.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean obviously some of its makeup, but god damn, Hans is fucked up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is this is where we see him. They notice him because no one's ever seen these people, and he's standing out the front and everyone's like once, you guys say hello, No, no, you guys say hello. You're his neighbor. You're his neighbor too. You're in the same could a sec Yeah, but you live right next to him, you share a border. And it's like that almost like the kid type of a ringing the doorbell. Now you're ring the doorbell a parts. And this is when a comedy really comes into its own, where we say these characters, although they've got this conspiracy going on, they're trying to figure it out. It's very reminiscent of almost like a pre teen kid's story about them ding dong ditching houses and that weird neighbor that's trying to figure out, but they've transplant it to an adult thing.
Speaker 8: Mm hmmm, because just in the kitchen something else I think I guess I forgot to mention is like arts eating ribs and he's talking to raised kid and he was like I saw him in the backyard digging and like grave. Yeah. So they know nothing about the family other than their last name, but now they're grave diggers and you know all this stuff and fucking they're daring each other to go up to well, you know, he's about to go back in the house. You could just say, oh, you're gonna miss him, You're gonna miss him, and like they're daring each other to go say hello, and he goes back. Hans goes back into the house, and they pretty much dare each other to knock on the door. And this is where some more conspiracy stuff comes in. I'll let you go first.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, So this they go, I'll go if you go, and they work up the courage. They go up to the front door. As they're walking in book goes through the decking of the front of the house, lift their foot up and as they go to knock on the door, it's originally stated as house six six ' nine knock on the door, nail falls out and becomes six sixty six. Very intentional on the film and to be the Devil's number. But the interesting part is when they go to hit the doorbell and they push their finger through and the bees start coming out from everywhere. Now, this is a purely comedy effect that they're getting chased by bees and the neighbor has to wet them down with the hose. But the bee itself is very symbolic of masonry, the form of a hive, mind, the hexagon, the bear, the idea that the bee is a sacred symbol and has this energetic field around it that can heal and be used for certain things. It's built into the fabric of freemasonry because it's like the perfect structure in nature and bees the capable of building it. So I thought that was a bit of a cheeky nod to it. They kind of distracted us with the six sixty six, which was very intentional, but hit away bees as being the real symbol and what's going on there.
Speaker 8: And the door knocker is a little devil with a little devil horns.
Speaker 9: It is, and that'll come back to a certain deity later on, which I find very interesting that the house already had that structures associated with it before they moved in.
Speaker 18: Ah Okay, all right, Yeah, so I think that within the five seconds they were standing on the porch, we found three things, right, like the six six six obviously, but the bees and the knocker to the door with the.
Speaker 8: Little devil head on it. I actually have in my notes. They used the color blue a lot in this movie, and blue I was kind of looking into it. It's supposed to be related to expression and communication within occultism, but I kind of saw it as like some times they use blue in movies to convey a certain emotion, like isolation and shit like that. But I felt like they were using it a lot in this movie. And it's almost like they're getting into our minds because everything you see on screen somehow translates into your mind as something else, right, So by bombarding us with imagery and certain colors, it does trigger something in the mind. So I did notice that a lot of the outfits, a lot of the houses, a lot of the just random stuff. It was like blue pig.
Speaker 9: Is said, is Ryan.
Speaker 14: I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I'm a bit of a fun fanatic. When I can, I'd like to work by I like fun too, And now I can tell you about my favorite place to have Fun Chumba Casino. They have hundreds of social casino style games to choose.
Speaker 9: From, with new games released each week.
Speaker 14: You can play for free, and each day brings a new chance to collect daily bonuses. So join me and the fun. Sign up now at chumbacasino dot com.
Speaker 19: Sponsored by Chumpba Casino. No purchase necessary. VGW group board. We're prohibited by Law eighteen plus. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 4: Top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering.
Speaker 5: Life sciences and more.
Speaker 4: You'll start to new heights just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong. Their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours can too. A job that can take you further and a place you can't wait to come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at call Ohio home dot com.
Speaker 8: And uh yeah, so I just wanted to mention that, And then did you do you catch anything right after that? Because I have something in my nose. But it's the next scene.
Speaker 9: Well, there was another gaff that occurred in this scene, and I thought I was hearing things and had to go back deliberately and like, listen to it three times. There's someone screaming, help me, help me, at the top of their lungs, and I thought, oh, maybe this is one of the people in the basement. Turns out depends on which edition you got a hold of. There's background noise which has been saturated into it because that lot which they filmed on was right next to the Jaws ride, So people who are on the ride are screaming, help help me, Help me. It's a part of the ride. And it was put into the original soundtrack of digital backing noise, and they're only deleted at post production. But there's some versions of this that you can get that are old enough. It has the scenes so you.
Speaker 8: Can hear it. Oh my god, Well that goes along with the movie. They probably should have amplified the sound of it and made it part of the movie, like somebody was like screaming in the basement or something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so there's the sound saturation that was in there the house we just spoke about. Beyond that, this is where we move into starting to understand and get to know the neighbors a little bit more. And this all kinds of coalesces are around. Walter disappearing. So the old guy at the start with Queen, the cute little black toy poodle, he's just up and disappeared. And the only reason they know he's disappeared is because Queen is running around out in the street by herself. Ironically, Queeny is the exact same dog that played Precious in Silence of the Lamps.
Speaker 10: This film.
Speaker 15: Oh she's so cuteye it.
Speaker 9: Is right, just got these weird owners. Queenie runs up to Queenie runs up to uh to one of Rumsfeld's wife, and she looks after him. Mother, there's something that's got to be wrong with Walter, because Walters wouldn't let her by herself. And they go to check the house out to see what's happened to Walter, and it's locked. They can't see him there until we see Rumsfeld. He is in through the back, you know, very cloak and dagger. Special forces goy pulled the glass out and they go into the house to check on rumsfeldt to check RUMs out to check for Walter, and he walks in. The first thing he notices the TV's on, but the chairs on the ground looks like there's been a struggle here.
Speaker 8: Sign a struggle A.
Speaker 9: Chair a chair over isn't really a sign of a struggle there. And they're just looking around the house. And it's quite funny during this whole time, because what we end up seeing is that at a certain point in this sequence they're looking through at the house and they're looking for things, and we've got Art looking for food. Ironically, he's like, hey, I found some cookies, and he opens the door and smashes and breaks things. When he leaves the house, he's got two wristwatches on, so he's pinched one of his watches. These starts off going in with one watch, leaves of the second one. So there's something about this guy WHI bit off, he takes advantage, he watches what else he's.
Speaker 8: Doing, literally a fucking kleptomaniac. Maybe I'm not art, Maybe I'm not. No I am I am minus the thievery, I'm definitely art. But is this before or after Ray sneaks out of the house to have a cigar and they talk outside. Is that before do they go to Walters before or after that? Okay, okay, because what my notes pick up on that conversation when he takes the dog for a walk and goes over and talk to Art and Ricky Butler because Corey Feldman. Ricky Butler brings up the movie The Sentinel about a doorway being opened up into Hell, and I went and watched the trailer for this movie. It's got like Jeff Goldbloom and Christopher walking and it actually looks like it would be a really classic horror movie. I had never seen it before, but it reminded me of the original Exorcist a little bit, So it's a real movie. I don't know if you had any notes on that part in particular. But Art also tells this story about Skip and murdering in his old house. Did it not remind you or was it not similar kind of to like maybe John Wayne Gacy a little bit murdering people in burying him in his basement, and he was a big fat.
Speaker 9: Guy in like a little bit, And they kind of reference aspects of that that there was a certain time in American culture in which people were almost activated to be serial killers. And they seem to be like the average person. They all seem to have had military experience where they'll probably brainwash but they just snap and they kill people. And the skip story of this guy that would serve Stas at the Sarta Fountain and one night he just snapped and kiwity his family put the bodies down the cool room, but the pow went out that summer and everyone could smell that they composing bodies, very reminiscent of us serial killers that just you know, hid bodies in their houses.
Speaker 8: Hid bodies in the basement. Yeah, it's crazy. And they were like, yeah, I just snapped one day and just went back to making it.
Speaker 20: Can get lonely climbing, Mam McKinley. So to entertain myself, I go to chumpacasino dot com. At chum a Casino, I can lay hundreds of online casino style games for free, like online slots, bingo, slingo.
Speaker 8: And more.
Speaker 5: Plus I get a daily login bonus.
Speaker 20: It's just too bad that up here I don't have anyone to share my excitement with.
Speaker 3: Jump live the Tumble Life anytime anywhere. Play for free now at chumpacasino dot com. Each necessary Ford loss, terms of conditions, eating.
Speaker 4: Plus top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to new heights.
Speaker 4: Just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong. Their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours can too. A job that can take you further and a place you can't wait to come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at call Ohio home dot com.
Speaker 8: Cherry phosphates for the whatever you said. But the thing is, though, is it reminded me of John Gacy just because of the bodies in the basement thing. And then later on in the dream sequence, there's an appearance by Skip and it's obviously art, but it's like a big fat guy who makes fucking ice cream treats for the townsfolk who ends up snapping. And they always make serial killers out to be like that, but in my opinion, it's it's always by design in some form or fashion. Like serial killers. Some of them may be, but a lot of them don't act out of random acts of violence. It is definitely more programmed, in my opinion. But I thought that was interesting that they included that as a tidbit in this movie.
Speaker 9: And They almost try to saturate it into the public psyche because they preface it with every small town's got one of these stories, and then he tells me a story about skip. It's almost like planting the seed that would later become the serial killer phenomenon that we see, which mean white housewives who are hooked on these podcasts about and every goddamn town seems to have one of those stories. Right. My own hometown has one of these stories where a guy killed his wife, buried her, and then built a shed over the.
Speaker 8: Top shut up the town.
Speaker 9: Someone in my town. So I used to walk past this guy's house as a little kid on the way to kindergarten, and he killed his wife. No one knew what happened to her, buried, he built a concrete slab over the top, built a shed on top of it, and they didn't find it until I was like twenty five, twenty six years old.
Speaker 8: So he did he blab or they just found her body.
Speaker 9: I think they found the body, but he must have been talking to someone for them to look had.
Speaker 8: To have been you know what my sister said the other day, she's worse than me about watching true crime shows. She's got this whole thing worked out where she's gonna if it ever needed to happen, she would kill someone and bury them up and down, straight up and down, and then bury a dog over top of them sideways, so that if they ever went.
Speaker 9: Flicking, they find pick out that dog.
Speaker 8: I was like, you know how deep of a hole you'd have to take to bury someone standing up and then bury a dog on top of them sideways like that. She's put a lot of thought into this.
Speaker 9: To south to not be alone with Julia's sister.
Speaker 8: I'm living with her.
Speaker 9: How do you think.
Speaker 8: Did I do the dishes well enough.
Speaker 9: For your sister? I didn't put the towels back on the regulation? Can I get you anything?
Speaker 8: But yeah, no, So I thought that was a little interesting thing that they tossed into the movie. And do you have anything else after that? Because the next note I have is something that Ricky Butler was saying about the neighborhood to his little girlfriend. That's the next scene I have.
Speaker 9: Not signed right, just to finish off when they went into Walter's house to check if he was alive, there's a photo of Walter and Lucy ll Ball on one of the side Cabinets group, which is interesting because Walter is played by a man named Gordon, who actually was a character on a lot of Lucy's Bowl shows. I Love Lucy my favorite husband, and they were on these television shows together. Now, this could just be a wink and a nod within Hollywood that these people worked together before. But Lucille Bolin in herself has a conspiratorial background surrounding.
Speaker 8: Because she does. But you know, Drew, this is why I say, and I'm so glad you brought that up, because I know I've already said this. But when people say that we grasp at straws or we're splitting hairs when we do episodes like this, because we're looking at the background, we're looking at all these minute details, and they think that it's just a coincidence or we're you know, trying to make it something that it's not. But putting all those little clues in there, that's not an accident. Like he, like the director he directed Gremlins, puts the gremlin cereal in there. You know, the small little details like that are on purpose. And so having that picture sitting there, that wasn't an accident. You know, there is stuff going on in the back round of these movies.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the average person would say that these are easter eggs or little just nuggets put in the artistic flare. But I tend to think that there's probably a bit more revelation of the method and kind of showing their hand without overtly saying it, and doing it through symbolism of having things in the background, in the foreground, hidden away in dialogue, that type of.
Speaker 8: Thing, and like the imagery, you know, even if it's just a flash of a second of seeing something like that, you may have not processed it, but it went into your mind, you know.
Speaker 15: And so the.
Speaker 8: Next notes that I have is that Corey Feldman is saying watching people in his neighborhood is more entertaining than going to the movies because it's real. And I was like, isn't that the truth? Because reality is always stranger than fiction. And the way Corey describes living in that neighborhood, it's very stuck in the matrix c kind of vibe because everyone has a routine. It's almost like the Truman Show. He knows exactly what each of his neighbors does at each you know, given time. Oh, he's about to walk out of his door and say he's taking the dog for a while. Oh, he's doing this, always doing that. And it does tend to be like that when you live in neighborhoods that are so you get up, you nine to five, it, you come home, you watch the same show at night, you do your little routine. It's very stuck in the matrixy. It's really a study in human psychology almost how people get stuck in these matrix neighborhoods. It's almost like is anything real? The only thing that seems real to me is the Clopex.
Speaker 9: That dialogue that where he says that it's everything here is real, it's better than television. It throws away to a lawn Later in the film, which I've got to mention. Now Tom Hank's a main character. He goes on a bit of a rant about how you know the Klopex were good people and where you were the monsters all arong along where the bear guys, where the evildoers? Well, was that just revelation of the method in himself? Considering the controversy surrounding Tom Hanks and Podesta emails and Pizza Gates, is he just putting it out in the open telling people what really is going on allegedly.
Speaker 16: Oh good catch, Like we are the monsters and the ones that we make out to be the monsters are not, even though they were, but it's like in that context, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 8: That was a good catch. Did you have anything before Hans drives to the end of the street and beats the garbage with a stick.
Speaker 10: I've never seen that.
Speaker 13: I never seen anybody drive their garbage down to the street and then bang the hell out of it with a stick going I've never seen that.
Speaker 9: I don't I just had the way in which he was really going to town on my cottage.
Speaker 5: That's one of.
Speaker 8: My favorite seats is like, who do you know that drives their trash down to the end of the street and then beats it with a stick?
Speaker 9: Well, this is a funny thing because some driveways in Australia can be kilometers long at some point, So my wife's family home, where my father still lives, you literally have to drive half a kilometer down the road.
Speaker 8: He beat it with his stick, though.
Speaker 9: Sometimes depends on how.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I hope he's not a redhead. Is fucking Hans Hans is your father in law?
Speaker 9: Quite, but.
Speaker 8: So I actually have some notes on the next morning, after Hans beats the shit out of the garbage with the stick. Should I go first or should.
Speaker 9: You please go for it? Let me value it?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 8: So one of the garbage men has a rainbow badge on his coverall okay, and he's talking about metaphysics and quote unquote the power of crystals, blah blah blah, literally talking about witchcraft and tells the other guy he needs to open himself up and talking about the laying on of hands and shit, and he's wearing this Democrat pin on the other side of his Coverall that, says McCarty. And so this dude, I mean, you can break in and tell me what you think. But I mean I never noticed that until I watched it yesterday about that conversation they were having.
Speaker 9: Well, likewise, I knew you'd pick up on the crystals and the metaphysical stuff, so I didn't take too many nights on it. But I found it really interesting that it was the Democrat.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: What's going on with.
Speaker 8: The rainbow badge?
Speaker 9: The inversion of the rainbow? Right, the rainbow and Christian theology is God's promised not to flood the world again, but for the Ages that means something completely different. And he had almost like this weird dialectical conversation with the garbage man who is from Grimlins. You know, Dante's just re using the same cast, exact same character too.
Speaker 8: He's the conspiracy theorist in the Grimminals, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Right, and he's having this conversation about you, like you said, the metaphysicals of the world and how you can lay hands on people healing, this new age type of approach. And this guy's very much a grounded, solid blue collar worker just wants to put the rubbish in the bin. And this is where we see our art run over, grab the rubbish and start just dumping it on the ground, and he starts going through like the legal ease of things you have according to the law. You know, people have access to garbage. Once it's on the side of the road, it's becomes public domain. So they're very much focusing on some legal le's that I thought was very strange. Can see in the context of the film, and.
Speaker 8: It's almost like, of course, the Democrat guy with the rainbow stick around his coveralls is the one that's like you can't tell him he can't throw garbage in the street and all the and then the person with the common sense that's got to pick it all up is like, what the fuck are you doing throw garbage in the street. It's almost like the juxtaposition of people who are in their right mind and people who are not. He's literally just got done talking about laying on of hands and crystals and metaphysical and you need to change your life and talking about witchcraft, and then the other guy's like, you're fucking bonkers. And he's also the one that's like, why the fuck are you thrown trash in the street, Like he's he's the grounded, common sense guy, and the other guy's in fucking lala land somewhere, like what does that sound like that it's still a problem?
Speaker 9: Well, it sounds like it sounds like a little sayg that we're familiar with, do what thous wilt m people just doing what they want. And it gets to the point where the garbage man's like, can you help this guy out, like, you know, stop the guy from putting robbish on the ground, And what's he doing? Helps him?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he starts putting more garbage on the ground. That's the thing, though, isn't it. It's such a like that scene in even in itself is kind of like telling of a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Every day, when you log into chumbacasino dot com, the ultimate online social casino, you get a free daily bonus. Imagine if you got daily bonuses in other parts of your life.
Speaker 1: I chose French fries, overloaded French Fries.
Speaker 3: I asked Stuart from accounting about his weekend, even though I don't care.
Speaker 16: I updated my operating system without having to call tech support.
Speaker 2: Collect your free daily bonus at jumbacasino dot com. Now to jump and live the Jumba life. Don't you rememb're necessary boy, We're phibited by locksy terms, conditions, eating plus.
Speaker 4: Top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to.
Speaker 4: New heights just like the Wright Brothers, John Gleunn, even Neil Armstrong. Their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours can too.
Speaker 15: A job that can take you further and a place you can't wait to come home to.
Speaker 5: It all in the heart of it all.
Speaker 4: Launch your search at call ohio home dot com.
Speaker 8: But so I don't know how quickly this next scene happens. But my notes go to when they're in the basement with the uh Demonology book? Did you have anything before that?
Speaker 9: No, you keep going, okay, so let's.
Speaker 8: Keep the They're in the basement. I actually had this. I don't know if you remember or ever heard it, but I had this scene as my intro to my showy.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yes, this has always been near and dear to my heart because I find it absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 9: Oh, I can't believe you're still bringing that out.
Speaker 10: Dream A plane was going to crash, or it took the bus to Las Vegas.
Speaker 12: If I'd have been on the plane it went a crash, And it doesn't matter. This was in a dream. This was a vision. I'm telling you. These people are Satanists. As I sit here, they are Satanists.
Speaker 17: Look.
Speaker 21: Look, the world is all of these kind of things.
Speaker 12: Look at this black masses, mutilations, mutilations, the ink us, the suck of us. I'm telling you, Walter was a human sacrifice.
Speaker 11: You should have gone to the lake.
Speaker 12: I should listen to your wife who listens to their wife.
Speaker 21: Listen, you gotta listen to me. You know what deal is. What we gotta do is we gotta go down to the religious supply store. We gotta get ourselves a couple of gallons of holy water. My cousin Jerry's a preat you can get us a deal. No, no, we gotta then we gotta go to the market. We gotta get ourselves a couple of those big strings. You know they string that garlic, A couple of big strings of garlic.
Speaker 12: We gotta get ourselves some fresh lambs blood, and then we gotta ray. Do you want them to take your family kidnap and tear their livers out and make some kind of satanic pante I'm not going to Hey, you're chanting, unconscious chanting. You're chanting.
Speaker 10: I want to kill everyone.
Speaker 6: Satan is good, Satan is our pal.
Speaker 12: Ray, ray, you're chanting. Hey, once they get in here, it's over.
Speaker 10: Pal.
Speaker 8: They're reading a book called The Theory and Practice of Demonology by Julian Carswell, and I did a lot of looking that I didn't ever do before because we're doing this episode. But doctor Julian Carswell was a character in the British horror film Night of the Demon from nineteen fifty seven, which in which an American psychologist travels to England to investigate a Satanic cult and it turned out that doctor Julian Carswell was the leader of the cult. So it's one of those twist m night Shyamalan fucking endings, and that this is the book they're reading in you know, it's not a real book, but this is where a lot of the conspiracy theories come from, because he's down there and he's like, they're gonna they're gonna tear your livers out and turn him into a Satanic pat and all this stuff. And he's like, I'm not going to listen to this.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to chance chess.
Speaker 8: You're chanting. Once they get in here, it's all over pale. Like That's why I say I'm art, because I have a tendency to go to tin with stuff like this, and that sounds like me talking to people about stuff like that are not really into conspiracies. I'm like, listen, they're coming for your kids. They're coming from and they're like calm down, calm down, Like fucked, this.
Speaker 9: Is stacking up more and more I think is the sacred, like actual practicing occultist, Like he's he's.
Speaker 8: Gotta be because he's so into it.
Speaker 9: He's got the book, he knows all about it. You could say, yeah, that's conspiratorial level understanding. He shoots the head off an l with which I think was intentional. He was also trying to kill a crow or a raven, and the crow a raven is symbolic of the eyes of odin being able to view and say things. So it's almost as if he's trying to take out the competing criminal syndicates within the area. Like he sees this level of occultism and groups, and he's got his own little control on the town.
Speaker 8: That is interesting, And he's got the scoop on all the murderers and shit, he's got his wife's out of town so he can do whatever he wants. He's at home by himself. I mean, it is kind of crazy, but yeah, that's one of the best scenes in the entire movie in my opinion, because it's so it's just pure comedy. And the next bit of notes I have, unless you have anything else about that scene, no, that's it. So Ray goes upstairs and he's watching TV. He's trying to like wind down, and he flips through through three channels, specifically three channels all playing horror films, and a couple of them you will know what they are right off the bat. At least I Died the Exorsus nineteen seventy three and The Chainsaw Massacre Part two easily identifiable. But the first movie showing the ritual murder of a woman behind a bonfire is not as easily recognizable, and it actually comes from a horror film called Race with the Devil from nineteen seventy five, in which motorists accidentally witness a satanic ritual and have to fight for their lives. So what do you think about that? And like the whole dream sequence, Well.
Speaker 9: It's a bit on the nose that all three of those shows are on prime time television at the same exact time, right, yeah, that one right after Yeah, It leads into the dream sequence of a main character, and each of those elements appear and is not mere. So we start off with he's going down the stairs and the chainsaw comes through the wall. He tries to escape it, and he ends up on this barbecue, which is almost like the sacrifice scene from the first film, yep, and then we get skip the appearance of our serial killer and he comes in. Yeah, it's almost foreboding of what's going to happen later in the film. In a lot of ways that we know that. It gives us a real glimpse into the colpex, who they are, and maybe the satanic kind of background behind them and their practices as a people.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And if you notice, in the dream sequence, everything is blue, Like I was saying, very interesting to me, how they use colors in certain ways. Everything's blue in the dream sequence, and he wakes up to mister Rogers.
Speaker 9: He does. Ironically, he later plays mister Rogers career it's right, that's right, a beautiful day in twenty nineteen. He would later go to play Red.
Speaker 8: That's interesting. I forgot about that. I forgot about that. I mean his pedo ass of course he would volunteer to play anything that's connected to having children around.
Speaker 9: But just very ironic, because do you know what Tom Hanks was adamant against being in this film. What he fought Dante on this every single way he could. He did not want to play a father. He didn't want to be around kids.
Speaker 8: Why, oh, why uh, but yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 9: Didn't want to be a father, and according to the mainstream approaches, he didn't want it to impact his career where he was typecast as a father for the rest of his life. But he went from big where you're surrounded by children, went into the burbs where he didn't want to be surrounded by kids. That almost sounds like someone who has an addiction. And first off in Big was made a year before this. He was surrounded by it and had the of something allegedly then moved on. He has almost had that like where addicts go. No, no, I can go on the straight. Now I just have to distance myself from it. I can't be around it.
Speaker 8: Like the odd like the alcoholic that doesn't want to take one more drink.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, the day before they're on the biggest bend there of the life, and the next day they wake up and they start pouring the rest of the alcohol down the drain. It's almost like he slipped on a script.
Speaker 8: Wait till I tell my sister, because even while we were watching this, she was like, Julie, I don't want to believe that he was doing stuff to kids, And I said, I know, Sis, but it's this is the world we live in. This is the reality. Now I'm going to tell her that shit, she's really gonna fucking blow. It's gonna blow the tits off her chest. Because I did not know that. I did not know that. And but he still went on to like do stuff around kids, obviously because he just went full on into it because he wanted to become Tom Hanks. You know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, and this is this is where we get into the really deep sadie side of things. Corey Feldman has publicly come outultiple times in interviews saying that there's a pedophile problem in Hollywood and both he and Corey Haim were victims of the abuse on set by directors and prominent actors. He's never come out and publicly named them, but it's very, very telling that Corey Feldman would go into this one of his last big name films and then disappear. It's like this was one of his last films, so much so that there's talk between what was going on behind the scenes. Carrie Fisher was one of his confidants and spoke to this guy every day just to keep him on the straight and narrow. To finish the film because he was losing his mind. He was about to completely lose himself, and she kept him on set. So was there something on set around him that was a previous abuser? Allegedly that could be true. We don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, right, fuck have you seen him recently, Drew? Yeah, he thinks he's like the generic Michael Jackson, and he's like the fucking he's like fucking doing all this shit like wow and stuff.
Speaker 9: Because he was friends with Michael Jackson. Guess who visited the set Michael during the film. Michael Jackson and Bubbles the Monkey was often on set on the burbs.
Speaker 8: Yep, really, you got MJ and Tom Hanks.
Speaker 9: All on set? Whoa with Corey Feldman, the guy who was supposedly molested by Hollywood of lights.
Speaker 8: Dude, he's come off as rocker. He's like out of his fucking medulla. He is totally bonkers, bonkers in his little MJ act like nobody's buying it. Corey, you don't fucking look like Michael when you do that shit, you look like you have fucking Parkinson's. He looks more like Michael J. Fox than Michael Jackson.
Speaker 9: Okay, he looks like serious.
Speaker 8: But this is the world we live in and everybody's blown smoke up his ass Like good job, Corey, Like I get it.
Speaker 14: He's fucked up, Ryan Seacrest here. When you have a busy schedule, it's important to maximize your downtime. One of the best ways to do that is by going to Chumbuckcasino dot com. Chumbuck Casino has all your favorite social casino games like spin, slots, Bingo, and Solitaire that you can play for free for a chance to redeem some serious prizes. So hop on to Chumbucasino dot com now and live the Chumba life sponsored by Chumpa Casino. No purchase necessary VGW Group void. We're prohibited by Law eighteen plus. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 4: Top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to new heights.
Speaker 4: Just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong. Their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours can too.
Speaker 15: A job that can take him further in.
Speaker 4: A place you can't wait to come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at carll ohio home dot com.
Speaker 8: He's been through a lot of stuff in his life, but it doesn't mean he's he's a great musician or anything. I feel sorry for him when I see him, like it hurts my heart because he's so screwed up.
Speaker 9: I feel really sorry for the guy because he came out roughly the same time as the Me Too movement. Everyone believed the victims of Me Too.
Speaker 8: He came out, Drew, Drew, your thing is cut out. Your sound is cut out. Yep, it's muted. I can't hear yet. Fuck oh back back, go ahead.
Speaker 9: That's right, why we'll do so. The interesting thing is that Corey came out during the Me Too movement with his allegations. All the attention, all the black went to the victims of me too, with prominent businessmen, actors, directors. They are all believed. Corey Felman comes out with groundbreaking allegations and things that should be investigated, swept under the rug, and he started.
Speaker 8: Some of the worst dude, like the stuff about the Crisco and all the very very intense abuse. So and the poor guy, I'm telling you, it's just it's sad. It's sad. But and Corey Ham too. I mean that shit is just the worst shit I've ever heard, well, not ever heard, but it's it's up there. I mean, it's really bad. I just can't when I go back and watch these movies.
Speaker 18: Though.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you do this, but almost just if I want to watch the movie, I just I can't think about it.
Speaker 9: No, you have to like almost put yourself into a state of just watching, like a vegetative state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, enjoy, Like.
Speaker 8: Even when I watch the Goonies and stuff. I love the Truffle Shuffle. I love all those movies. You know, they're just it's just core memories for me growing up watching that ship and even the next thing I have in my notes is one of the funnier lines after the dream sequence that they have Rumsfield and Art come over to the house like their.
Speaker 16: Kids, asking can.
Speaker 9: You come out and play?
Speaker 21: Come on, we've got a plan, Come on, we.
Speaker 17: Got sorry boys. My husband's not feeling well. He has to stay in his room. Oh come on, please, Carol, let him come out.
Speaker 11: Come on.
Speaker 21: He can't come out until he resembles the man that I'm married, Carol.
Speaker 17: We don't have that kind of time.
Speaker 21: Please let him come on, come on, I think that I have given you my answer.
Speaker 8: And Carol goes, he can't come out until he resembles the man I married, and Art goes, Carol, we don't have that kind of time.
Speaker 9: He even does the thing where he kicks the ground. He's like a friend, yeah, oh, and.
Speaker 8: This is where I don't know if you have anything after that, but arn't slips this. I know what you did last summer note under the door.
Speaker 9: And yeah he's like yeah, he says. He comes over and he tells hims like I slipped a note under the door, when in the sequence he actually slipped it through the mail slot. Could just be a saying anyway. He's out there talking and as they're having this argument about like, you know, you're being too conspiratorial. There's nothing to it. I just want to relax and have some beers on my time off. The dog has a femur, a human femur, in his mouth and he's running up and they're throwing it. The whole time. They touched like three or four times during this sequence, and he goes, do you know what this is? It's a bone? Why I throws it again. No, this is a fema. Yeah, do you know intro to biology? This is a human femur.
Speaker 13: Do you know what this is?
Speaker 11: It's a bond.
Speaker 10: It's a femur bond. A femur just happens to be a human thigh bone.
Speaker 11: Right, wait, how do you know that biology?
Speaker 8: One on one?
Speaker 10: I mean, look at the size of this thing.
Speaker 21: I think this came off a chicken or something.
Speaker 10: Where the hell the vins get this?
Speaker 9: He dug it up from underneath the fence and.
Speaker 8: He looks that right, He goes, you think this came off a chicken or something.
Speaker 9: You think it came off a chicken. Then then they noticed someone's walking around in the backyard of the clopex, and we say, the shadowy figure walk past the slats, and then the piece of paper gets thrown over, and we naturally know that it's the note again, and he goes, oh, what is that And he goes, oh, could just be a bit of rubbish or saat, maybe it's my note And he freaks out and he's cracking it. And this is the where the wives really take over. They try to be the common sense approach to this, and they try to stomp it out. Fucking fucking whole scene. Everything, this whole scene foreshadows what's about to happen. So when the dog finds the femur, we get the great foreshadowing. After they find it, Carol says, before anyone falls off a roof or sets themselves on fire, let me put an end to this right now. Later on the film, Rumsfeld falls off a roof and Ray sets himself on fire with the explosion.
Speaker 8: Yep, yep, yep, yep. One hundred, one hundred and so my next bit of notes is when they go over to the house, I found two things, and one of them I found from an article about the movie. Actually, it said that filmmakers inserted several visual clues that things aren't what they appear, and when they first get to the Clopex house there's a sh shatto of a noose on the wall. One and then it also said it's easy to miss if you're not looking for it, but when Reuben walks past the front door, the window frame forms a large backlit inverted cross, which of course is the anti Christianity symbol in pop culture. So those were two things I don't know about. You, Drew, if I wouldn't have read that article about it. I fucking I don't know if I would have seen that shit in the movie.
Speaker 9: But I didn't catch the.
Speaker 8: Other one, the inverted cross.
Speaker 9: Did not catch that one.
Speaker 8: If you go back and watch it, you'll see it and it's like, damn, it's like right there. But of course everything is right. It's right in plain sight and you're just not looking for it. Before they get into the house, though, fucking. Another pure comedy moment is when Rumsfield steps through the porch and he's like, go there goes the goddamn brownies. Brownie's flying everywhere. She picks them up. They got fucking leaves and shit on them. Something for the old sweet tooth.
Speaker 9: And you see this house inside it hasn't changed since it's been built.
Speaker 8: No, it looks like dark shadows, right. It looks like Barnabas Colling shit in there.
Speaker 9: Which leads you to think where the original people own the house shadier and not of the up and up themselves, because nothing has changed in this house. The door knocker, a lot of the artwork that we see in the houses of the original household, they haven't really changed anything.
Speaker 8: Now this brings up a good point because we know later on that they murdered the naps, but when in this moment is pure comedy as well, when he goes, oh that's a pretty girl.
Speaker 11: Oh, pretty girl, fund yours no game with the frame? Game with the frame?
Speaker 8: Yes, because it came with the frame. Is that did it really come with the frame? Or is that like the naps, like family photos and shit that they just never like dig down?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Is it something that they like take as a trophy when they've killed people?
Speaker 8: Because the great he said it came with the frame, but we don't know that. We don't know that a game with the frame that could be like somebody else's whole family pictures in there. I mean they murdered the naps and just kind of moved in.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Did you notice when the doctor was coming up from the basement that his shadow actually defied the laws of physics?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure, because he's like a midget.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but actually where the light source was coming from, it looked as if the shadow was moving out from the wall towards the people. Ooh, it's going up the stairs. So it's almost like there's be foreshadowing of something coming before him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I don't really have a lot else of notes from when they're in the house other than than.
Speaker 9: Sardines. Impressed gardine.
Speaker 8: Dude, the sardine sardine.
Speaker 9: M m.
Speaker 7: M m h m hmmm.
Speaker 17: So how are you enjoying Hinckley Hills.
Speaker 10: We just love it.
Speaker 8: He's like eating it with that little tiny pretzel, and I just this is why I say like, I can't, I can't cancel these movies because I used to laugh so hard I fucking needed a bladdersling after watching this movie because when he puts that little fucking sardine on the pretzel and choose it up, I mean just hilarious, hilarious, And the candles on the table.
Speaker 9: Uh, I thought it would be romantic for the ladies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, painting and shit. Yeah, no, it's just there's too much. There's too much. It's just so funny. Did you have any other notes though from the when they the first.
Speaker 9: Visit, So just on the Rumsfeld playing with the painting. It's a painting of like an open surgery, and Rumsfeld's trying to figure out which orientation it goes, and Rumsfeld keeps putting it from the patient's perspective. So the orientation of you of the patient looking up and when the doctor comes along lighter to Ray said it, he sets it to his perspective of Hay's doing the surgery mm hmm. And he makes it that he's been painting down in the basement and that's what the red was on his hands. It was paint right.
Speaker 8: Right right, yeah. And I paused it on a couple of different scenes when he's flipping it because I was like.
Speaker 5: What what it really is it?
Speaker 8: And if you flip it in a certain way you can kind of tell like it's an open heart surgery or whatever. But I always thought that that part of the kitchen Chloe Peck kitchen scene was kind of interesting because the doctor guy is such a pompous ass and you can tell they're fucking hiding something. He's the only one that's openly social and shit, and those are always the ones that are the most fucked up, Like the other two are visibly fucked up. Hans looks like he just came out of a concentration camp, fucking the but the doctor guy, he's just so debonair and you know, it's like, what are you really up to? Doctor Kloepeck.
Speaker 9: And this is where he gets into the we start to have a seeding of doubt that maybe the wife's are right all along, there's nothing about these people that they're just being conspiratorial. And he talks it's about they've had to move multiple times, and you know, because of the university, and they've just moved into the town and they haven't had a chance to meet with people, blah blah blah. The whole time we have our Vietnam vet just drilling them through information. Is that a Slavic name? No, verydly, no, it's not Slavic. And he's asking all these niggling little questions hoping that they'll slip up, and they don't. And he gets to the point where he says, well, we're going to be out of the house tomorrow. We've got to go to the university about possibly moving again. And their eyes kind of prick up like awesome, they're going to be out of the house. That's our window for opportunity. They leave the house and he's then the wives like, see, you boys were just going crazy? Is nothing to it, okay? And the men go down into like the man cave and they're having a beer and he's like, are you siding with the girls. Now, how are you beginning to chick show us your balls? You have balls or not? And Tom Hanks starts to riffle around and he's very short shorts. Well, man, we'll just kidding. You don't need to show us. He pulls out the two pay of the neighbor who's disappeared, the two pay that was originally seen in the house. So we now get the idea that the Klopex have gone into the house, they've taken the two pays. So the men are running with the idea that they've killed Walter. They've taken the two pay as like a souvenir. And they get to the grand plan of they're out tomorrow that at the university all day. That's when we're going in that backyard. I'm scaling that fence.
Speaker 8: There's another digging scene too that like kind of adds to the like, what the fuck are they digging for? It never really says, now the bones in the trunk, What the fuck were they digging in.
Speaker 9: The middle of the not during Rhine.
Speaker 8: Star his fuck and yeah, just digging and shit. And so they come up with this master plan They're gonna break into the house while they're out and fucking Art has to cut this electrical line. Oh my god, this is why I say I'm Art, because that's some shit I would do. Fucking electriccute myself up and down the fucking neighborhood. His fucking fingernails are black, the fillings in his teeth are boiling lava hot. He goes to like get something out of his wallet later, all of his freaking credit cards and sh it's just, oh god, it's so funny, and like Tom Hanks is totally in because like he thinks they killed Walter. So when they break in the house, they're down in the basement freaking shoveling down to like the sewer lines and shit, and they don't find anything. They find nothing in the house.
Speaker 9: This is the using thing about Art again. He likes to wear costumes or disguises. He dresses up in golf clothes to sell deal. Oh, we're gonna go play some golf later. Do you think she bought it? Then in this scene he's wearing an electrical company shirt and overalls, Like does he actually work for the electrical company or is that another disguise this guy has Because he's starting to become very suspicious.
Speaker 8: Literally, he's literally like have you ever watched Pineapple Express? Yeah, he's like the guy who serves people. He's got all these costumes and shit, he's a doctor. But it just makes you wonder, like, art, what do you do?
Speaker 20: You can get lonely climbing, Mam McKinley. So to entertain myself, I go to chumbacasino dot com. At chum a Casino, I give lay hundreds of online casino style games for free, like online slots, bingos, slingo and more.
Speaker 5: Plus I get a daily login bonus.
Speaker 20: It's just too bad that I'm here.
Speaker 9: I don't have anyone to share my excitement with.
Speaker 1: Um live the tum a life anytime, anywhere.
Speaker 3: Play for free now at Chumpocasino dot com ewroom no necessary FORID recivity. My loss in terms of conditions eating.
Speaker 4: Plus top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to new heights.
Speaker 4: Just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong, their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours can.
Speaker 15: To a job that can take you further and a place you can't wait.
Speaker 4: To come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at call ohio home dot com.
Speaker 13: What do you do? Art?
Speaker 9: Please doesn't mention it at all in the shop.
Speaker 8: No, he just has costumes on costumes, just hidden in his house.
Speaker 9: Sorry, as you said, They test the fence, security alarm doesn't go off. They've cut the power, ends up cutting the power for the entire street, maybe even half the town. They scale the fence and we get these time lapse where there's no holes in sudden there's holes all over the backyard and Art's being extremely lazy laying in one of the holes. He's like, how are you going to find anything? Is? I don't know. Maybe you could start digging your own hole. He's like, oh, you know, but I've done this and I've done that, and I fell out of the powerpole, my fingers hurt, blah blah blah. Maybe we should check the basement. And this is where they go in. And they go down to the basement and the furnace is very prominent in this scene. The furnace has the exact same symbol of a demonic entity on it from the door knocker, from the door knocker, the exact same one. So this is already in the house. They haven't brought this with them. They did make some adjustments to it, as we see with the rigged up yacht batteries and the furnace being much higher and higher than it should be. But it has the entity's name on it. It says on the top of it Ata a a r Ata was the god of fire and the element itself, son of Ahura master. He's depicted as a flame and follows behind Mithtress's chariot into battle. Fire was considered the presence of Ata himself in rich rules and after the rise of zoo Astrianism, and is present in the horror Mazda worship. So this is like an ancient Iranian god. Right. Fuck they fied the god of firesonification of flame itself. What do we see leap out of this furnace? Huge amounts of flame?
Speaker 8: Dude, drew you fucking crushed that. I didn't even worst that.
Speaker 9: The worst part is it says something underneath it in a script, and it says something something cometh and it's I can't make it, but it's Ata something something cometh.
Speaker 8: Fuck, dude, that is intense. That is intense. And they got it on the door knocker too. So it's like when you come in the house, you're like.
Speaker 9: What are you like?
Speaker 8: Like, like Corey Feldman said in the Sentinel, like they opened up a portal into hell in the guy's apartment or whatever. It is the same thing. When you walk into the house, you're walking into some type of fucking god knows what. But I did not see that on the furnace. Great catch, ten out of ten, great catch.
Speaker 9: And this is where we break into. They figure out the furnace burns way too hot, and they make the connection with you know, furnaces that burn this hot, they burn bodies. And he's like, they've burnt the bodies and they've buried them somewhere, and they start digging within the basement itself. They find that the soil is loose, so they start digging. And during this time, we see what's happened outside. It's become dark now and the kids are out there watching and drinking along, laughing at at our Vietnam falling off the roof, and he's going off all those great little comedy tropes. The guy's just sitting on a roof with a firearm. I don't know if that's just an American thing, but a little bit concerned, right. It runs, which it never says what he was, It never says his rank, but he's wearing a command over ray, so you would assume that he's special Forces to some degree. And he's like the spotter. He's there with the radiators and special lead.
Speaker 8: He does so much stupid ship.
Speaker 9: He just need a special helmet. He's sitting there and he's watching. He's the lookout and he communicates to Art that you know, watch out there coming. And while this is going on, we've still got Tom digging a hole in the basement. He's covering the radio with mud. He's digging that far and he's like, we've found that, we found something. We've hit it. And he goes back in and he realized he's hit a gas maine. He's like, hit a gas maine. Run just bailing like little kids again, like, oh no, we've set the house on fire. Light runs out saying there's a gas that's going to explode. And as soon as he says that house explodes behind him.
Speaker 8: And we assume he doesn't bothered to check on Raye.
Speaker 9: He was on his way out too. Ray's still within the building and the neighbors are there with the police now because they've seen that the house is being interrupted. They've called the police. Is fire, EMT ambulance. All this stuff going on, and we think raised it explosions happen. The house has collapsed, is on fire. Then Ray slowly walks out. He's staggering along. His clothes are all torn, he's burnt. He comes out. The house collapses behind him. Just as he walks out. His eye is swollen, one eye. He literally has one eye. So he walks out injured, burnt. He has the one eye swollen, that one eye symbolism. Just after this scene we see the EMT. He's got to him. They bandoned him up. They splint his pinky finger. They splint it in such a way that when he rants later on towards Art that you know where the bad guys where, the monsters where the bad people? He's pointing aunt him like this, Hello, it is Ryan.
Speaker 14: And we could all use an extra bright spot in our day, couldn't we just to make up for things like sitting in traffic doing the dishes counting or steps, you know, the mundane stuff. That is why I'm such a big fan of Chumba Casino. Chumpback Casino has all your favorite social casino style games you can play for free anytime, anywhere with daily bonus. So sign up now at Chumbuck Casino dot com. That's Chumba Casino dot Com.
Speaker 19: Sponsored by chumpb Casino. No purchase necessary. VGW Group ford Ware prohibited by Law eighteen plus. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 4: Top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences and more. You'll start to new heights just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong. Their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours can too. A job that can take you further and a place you can't wait to come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at call Ohio home dot com.
Speaker 9: He's pointing at him, using the Masonic symbol for the horns show Arley telling you he's telling you where the bad guys wear them, and he's actually showing it in symbolism and the horns. He's doing the horns. He's pointing out him like that, you're the monster wear the monsters.
Speaker 8: It's funny you bring that up because in my notes I have that Art when they are fighting, he bites that finger too, he does, like they make it a point to draw your attention to that hand into like the broke finger, and like, so, yeah, I mean that I didn't even notice that. That's crazy with all the other stuff that they've put in the movie, there's no way that's that's an accident.
Speaker 9: This this becomes even more interesting. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. If is really an esoteric person, He's bitten the symbol of the devil's horns. Right. What happens to Art's house later on in this sequence, fuck ambulance drive.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, damn, I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 8: I mean, there are some really funny parts of this end scene too, because he's like, I've been blown up, and you fucking.
Speaker 17: Fretcher, I've been blown up. Take me to the lot, not sick, honey. I'll just find out what hospital they're.
Speaker 1: Taking it to and then I'll.
Speaker 9: Follow right along.
Speaker 17: Okay, okay, honey, and.
Speaker 9: You fucking.
Speaker 8: Fretcher fucking throws. Yeah, and this is where we see for the first time doctor klopexass is a murdering psychopath. And he's got some unidentified green liquid and a syringe and he's like, I know you saw my skulls.
Speaker 9: I know you did.
Speaker 8: And he's like trying to get Tom Hanks and fucking is like, hello, how does it feel when people are trying to forcibly inject you? Doesn't feel nice, does it, asshole? He was I love the dialogue on the fucking vaccine. Fucking you know what I'm talking about. So it's like, exactly, fuck you.
Speaker 9: The dialogue before this is hilarious. He's laying on the beg. I'm so sorry, doctor Klopek. When I get out of jail, I'm going to help you rebuild your house. I've got to set the tools my wife's my wife's father gave them to me.
Speaker 13: I love that far.
Speaker 8: It's just pure comedy and so oh god.
Speaker 9: It's funny though that the liquid is grain.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 9: People always associate red with being an evil color. Red's really a symbol of passion, anger, ferocity. That type thing great is really the symbol of evil. Yeah, he's got a green syringe.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 9: Green is associated with lucifer as well, chrisipharius, the glowing substance, and this looks quite glowing.
Speaker 8: And that's the thing too, is I mentioned that in the John Benet episode because there is so much green that surrounds things about that case and John Beney herself. So green is actually where people should be looking, not red, not even blue, I mean, but green especially is the color to look for.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Well, and green is the combination of two primary colors, blue and yellow, which in themselves we say blue and yellow symbolism. Ever, everyone points out Ukraine, everyone points out the blue and yellow symbolism during COVID, But it's a combination of the two, which is the green, which ironically, in Australia all of our COVID vaccine advertising was on greening.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm talking about. And like I put down in my notes about like the forest injection and shit, because out of all the ways that you could kill someone, he had literally all those bodies burnt up in his basement and shit. But while all of a sudden it's he changing his mo and now he's injecting people, you know, like it just was so interesting, the forced injection thing, and Tom Hanks later in life is like trying to forcibly inject like, Oh, I'm Tom Hanks and I improved this message. Fuck you fucking doctor Clopec you fuck her like that. That was so foreshadowing of real life too, you know, kind of. And so they get in a scuffle whatever. Hans drives through Art's house and you know, they roll out of the back of the ambulance. The they hit the back of doctor Clopex's car and the trunk flies open and all the skulls are in there. Do you notice how the black guy at the end of the movie pronounces his named doctor Kloppik.
Speaker 9: This is your vehicle, doctor Clappick. He's like, are these your skulls, Doctor Kloppic, And He's just like, oh, maybe maybe.
Speaker 8: But before I say anything else, I just have to get this one last part out and then I'll let you go.
Speaker 9: Ham.
Speaker 8: The funniest part of that whole end scene is when Hans comes out of the ambulance.
Speaker 5: Hey, I know you.
Speaker 17: Where are you going? Gotcha?
Speaker 13: Don't you make a move, Sonny.
Speaker 10: I was eighteen months in the bush and I could snap your neck in a Heartbeat.
Speaker 8: And fucking Rumsfield is like, hey Pinocchio. Yeah, hilarious and also foreshadowing of real life, seeing as how Tom Hanks would go on to play Geppetto in Fucking Pinocchio.
Speaker 9: And the whole story is about pedophilia.
Speaker 8: Boom. So we got in just the last scene, we got Pinocchio, we got forced injections, We have fucking devil horns, Like is there? I probably am even forgetting some shit, but like, that's a lot this in the last couple of scenes.
Speaker 9: It's a huge amount. It's ridiculous how much you notice post watching something as a kid and enjoying it for what it was. These things pop out, and like you said earlier on in this episode, you have to train yourself when watching films now not to look for this stuff. But when you really zero Internet, the stuff pops out, and it's not reaching, it's not grasping at straws. It's very very evident when you see what they're doing, like the biting at the hand. What happens when you bite the hand that feeds you, you're punished. His house catches on fire, the two houses in the street that catch fire. The Satanists who are killing people, an arts house, an house dabbling in the occult for sure, now that you mention it.
Speaker 8: And all like this stuff he knew about. And like, I'm pretty sure the book they were reading was from Art. Like, I'm pretty sure that was art.
Speaker 9: It was his book.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So, I mean, did you have any other notes, like about the end part or did we pretty much crush it? We nailed it.
Speaker 9: I think he nailed it. The only other thing that I came across was that Paulie Shaw, a very young Pauli Shaw, was considered for the role of Ricky, but the director, Joe Dante, was not impressed with his audition. More so, it was Pauli Shaw's mother who put the kaibosh on it. Pauli Shaw's mother, for people who don't know, used to run the comedy store, the stand up Place La. She didn't want him getting involved in Hollywood at a young age. She wanted him to be older before he got into Hollywood. Now, a woman who's in the know was stand up comedy in that part of the world. Why would you be so protective of your child if it was all copasetic and fine, Well, maybe she knew what was going on with kids on sets especially wanted him to be of age, right right.
Speaker 8: I mean, look, it's like we were seeing earlier with Corey fucking not only you don't know what happens on set, like obviously Tom Hanks, but Michael Jackson showing up about of nowhere, and then you know, it's just do you think he's dead by the way, or you think you think that's all that's a conspiracy, the.
Speaker 9: Whole Q side of things, where he's been executed via a military tribunal.
Speaker 8: That type of jazz who Michael Jackson.
Speaker 9: Or I thought you're talking about Tom Hanks. I think Michael Jackson probably is dead.
Speaker 8: You think he is dead, okay?
Speaker 9: And all kind of ties in. There's this whole huge Q conspiracy that mj somehow faked his own death and he was giving information to the white hats and that's how they got Tom Hanks. And Tom Hanks has been arrested and executed and someone else is an actor playing him. It gets really into the weeds. Even for conspiracy theorists like me, it becomes too wild. I think it's probably more along the lines of, you know, allegedly a lot of this stuff has been going on and there's so much power and wealth associated with just the name of Tom Hanks that these people can cover this stuff up.
Speaker 8: They get away with it for fucking sure. And the thing is I am a conspiracy theorist, of course one percent. But sometimes I really do think people just die, like you know, a lot of Epstein. Don't get me wrong. I think that motherfucker is probably still alive. But like Michael Jackson some of these other people, it's fifty to fifty for some, but I think he probably is dead. And I think he probably was touching kids, which is another thing that people are like fancign that Corey Feldman said that nothing ever happened. Well, McCaulay in fucking whatever whoever is seeing that nothing ever happened. There's like a gang of other children who are like, yeah, I know, fucking shit was happening, including his own sister. LaToya Jackson said he was touching kids, So I mean, it's like, what would she have to gain from coming out and seeing that.
Speaker 9: You know, I think this is the This is the danger that you see in these types of conversations with the way trauma works. With sexual abuse of children, far more often than not, the traumatized end up becoming the predators in the future. Yeah, the trauma that they've gone and they por portray that type of trauma on other people. And you know, if these people have grown up in that kind of a system where it's accepted within the Hollywood culture that you know, you have to go on the casting couch. Regardless of whether you're an eighteen year old girl or a twelve year old boy, You're on the casting couch with these people, and they don't care. You grow up in that system of where you either think it's acceptable or you start perpetrating that trauma on other PayPal ends. I think that's why you say a lot of these people collapse up within themselves, their career goes to shoot.
Speaker 1: Because you know how to have fun anytime, anywhere. Step one, go to chumblecasino dot.
Speaker 9: Com, jumbacasino dot com. Got it.
Speaker 1: Step two, collect your welcome bonus.
Speaker 9: Come to Tappa welcome bonus.
Speaker 1: Step three, play hundreds of casino style games for free. That's a lot of games, all for free. Step four, unleash your excitement.
Speaker 3: Champ the casino has been delivering thrills for over a decade, So claim you're free. Welcome bonus now and live the chamber life. Visit Chembacasino dot com e group what pre necessary for We're phiby by lossy terms and conditions each plus.
Speaker 4: Top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to new heights.
Speaker 4: Just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong, their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours pan.
Speaker 15: To a job that can take you further in a place you can't wait.
Speaker 4: To come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at call Ohio home dot com.
Speaker 9: Their reality finally dawns on them all. Is a victim, always abused. These things have happened to me, and no one cares, and we say.
Speaker 8: That I know, it sucks. It sucks, and like I for the kids out there that are like coming out and saying like this happened to me, and like these are the things and for people to just turn a blind eye, like imagine if it was your kid. I've been covering a lot of this stuff in my new show, like for the Cult of conspiracy about like things that have happened to kids. Nobody will ever know their name, nobody will ever know their story, nobody cares to look into this kind of stuff. It's just really sad that this is the world we live in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, when you've got big money and big personalities running the show, they are mm hmm, they're gonna cover it up, and people talk about it, it just doesn't gain the traction. Like the Me Too movement which I referred to before, that was allowed to gain traction because it was a great distraction from a lot of the more nefaries evilshit was going on. People will recognize it's downright atrocious and disgusting that men in power will exploit that to get sexual favors from women who want to progress their careers. That's terrible, don't get me wrong. That's far far more evil when children are involved, and that just seems to be skimmed over.
Speaker 8: I know, it's just fucking gut wrenching, And it's like we were seeing at the very beginning of the episode, Tom Hanks America's dad quote unquote, and I mean.
Speaker 17: There are.
Speaker 8: Movies like The Money Pit the Burbs, and I'll always have a soft spot for them and watch them, but it just I don't know. Even Castaway, I used to watch a lot because it's a really good movie.
Speaker 17: And.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen him do a lot recently, if I'm just being honest, And I think that's where a lot of the conspiracy theories are coming from. AHw, he's dead and there's like an actor playing him or whatever. Maybe he's just like, you know, when you get to a certain point when you're doing all this shit, like it catches up to you at some point. Maybe he's like worn out. I don't know, like he's just posted up somewhere with a fucking bag of a drenochrome dripping into his balls. I don't know, like at some point your body just gives out from all the evil shit you've been doing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you look at the background of Tom Hanks, and we're not the first people to go into this, but you see the humiliation rituals early on his career, where he was forced to dress up as a woman on TV and rolls within movies, the whole drag scenes that go on early on. It's almost like the initiation ritual that they have to do for their careers went from that into things like Bachelor PARTI, where's very so actualize that type of nature. He then somehow falls into the role of Big where he's surrounded by kids and he's a personification of a child in a man's body, which is very pedophilic. The fact that he sleeps with a woman in that film pretty disgusting when you think about it now, regardless of him being a grown up man. Then goes into this film which is almost like, let's cover up the conspiracies. Let's make the white suburban American who's starting to notice things look crazy. I think that's the real message in this we read I read out the article at the start, which is kind of pushing that idea again onto the mainstream public. But it's the inversion of that. People are noticing things because they're out in the open now, yeah, and they don't care what's being put out there. If we've got the ability to put two and two together, that's the dangerous thing for them. So now they're running cover and saying that, you know your conspiracy theorists again, it's Trump supporters, it's the maga Republicans. They don't know what's really going on. It's all about white guilt and blah blah blah. It's really not there's things you can generally notice and connect the dots with.
Speaker 8: Well, where would you rank it in Tom Hanks movies? Would you rank it as like number one? Number two? Like do you have another favorite?
Speaker 9: I would put it as maybe a number two. I really enjoyed Big as a kid growing up.
Speaker 8: Maybe we should just refresh the listeners. Let's see Tom Hanks movies in case I'm forgetting some biggies. Let's see Splash. Did you watch Splash?
Speaker 9: The Mermaid one? But it's not something that I'm deeply invested in.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna go through every single one, but these are some of the ones that the listeners might like. For me, money Pit and then Uh Turner and hooch Uh Sleepless in Seattle. Oh, fuck Forrest Gump. That's gonna Oh I definitely am putting that up there, say private Ryan Toy story, You've got mail cast away? Oh Drew the Green Mile, Fuck about that one too.
Speaker 9: The Man with the One Red Shoe.
Speaker 8: The Man with the one red shoe? Where did you get that?
Speaker 9: For? I've never seen nineteen Tom Hanks is the Man with one red Shoe nineteen eighty five, Red Shoe Club, Red Shoe Club. There we go.
Speaker 8: How about Polar Express, the Da Vinci Code. Uh, let's see.
Speaker 9: He has done a lot. This is the thing. This is why he's America's dad, because he's been in these not always blockbusters, but they're culturally rich films that people will always remember. The Burbs is a great example of it. This movie bombed in the box office. It wasn't really that.
Speaker 8: I can't believe that.
Speaker 9: Then it became a cult hit after the fact.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was in Elvis.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think he was the manager, wasn't he.
Speaker 8: Oh right, Okay, So it's got obviously it's got like Pinocchio and some of his newer stuff, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Greyhound, fucking Cloud Atlas. But the ones that I'm going to go with, Uh, I'm gonna rate money Pit as my number one, The Urbs as my number two. For Scump is my number three. I quote it all the time. And I'm gonna go with cast Away for my number four. And coming in at number five is the Da Vinci Code.
Speaker 9: Yeah, fair, I'd probably go Turner and Hurts number one, big as too. The Burbs is number three. I can't go past the toy story even though it's just voice acting.
Speaker 8: The first toy story stories coming in number.
Speaker 9: Four for you, yep, and then the grain Mile.
Speaker 8: Green Mile coming in number five.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 17: That is it.
Speaker 8: That's a good lineup. That's a good lineup. I probably should have shared my screen while I was doing that.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, So.
Speaker 8: The Burbs itself one to ten klopex on conspiracy.
Speaker 9: I would probably go maybe an eight on conspiracy. I wouldn't go full ten because there just wasn't enough. It was spaced out well enough within the film that kept you paying attention looking for it. But it wasn't just bang bang bang one after the other that were in small bite sized chunks at the start, the middle, and the end. But on the on their face, they were really good enough to dig into the weeds. Yeah, to find out that ata like this God of Fire was literally the one was that you.
Speaker 8: Blew my mind with that ship. That was a really good catch. That was a super good catch. I was gonna also, I don't want to have the same answer, so I'm gonna go eight point three three chlopex. I think it's it's almost right up there with like being one of the more obviously conspiratorial movies. But when I compared to some of the other episodes we've done that were ten out of ten, I would say our coverage on the Alien franchise was ten out of ten. I think even Dark Shadows might have been a ten out of ten for me, just like when you really dig into it. But the Urbs, I'm gonna get eight point three three on that. Did you watch, by the way, since I have you the new alien movie.
Speaker 9: Romulus, Get Romulus, I have yet?
Speaker 8: Okay, do you want to give me like the cliff notes? I haven't seen it yet?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 13: Is it good?
Speaker 9: Is it bad? Is it? It's not really, Scott, It's it's the era of alien and Aliens. Though I've gone back to the aesthetics look just like it's not the Prometheus type of everything's somehow more advanced than what the previously was. The technology looks like Alien nineteen seventies storyline. It's perfect, though, I'm telling you, fIF actually okay, it ties up all the loose ends of Prometheus. The alien that we saw ejected out of the spaceship in the first Alien film, turns itself into a chrysalis in space and whaling you Tiny gets a hold of it. They grab it, they take it back to a space station called Romulus and Remus, so straight away we've got the esoteric stuff. On the rome they start to re engineer the Black Goo, the Black Coup, which they call Prometheus five, and Prometheus was the fifth film in the Alien franchise, so they name the goop. They start genetically engineering face huggers. Something goes around on the Space Shuttle, which they don't know the space station, which it doesn't really explain until a young group of kids who want to get off a mining planet want to escape the planet and go to a new world, a free zone that's not owned by the corporation or the colonies. They go there to get some cryer beds because they want to like survive the sixty keylong trip. Right, howl ensues lots of aliens hybrid creatures.
Speaker 8: If you haven't seen it, so it has nothing to do with Covenant, then not a direct time, no, because it's not peaking up off of Covenant.
Speaker 9: Not exactly. It takes place in between alien and Aliens, but a long time after Covenant. WHOA, So there could be a third, another one a third in the Covenant Prometheus series that would help tie it all in, but it does it in this because they describe Whalen. Bishop Whalend went to the planet, found the goo, and they're naming it after his Prometheus five expedition.
Speaker 8: WHOA all right, all right, all right, I gotta watch it. I gotta watch it. That sounds fucking fucked up the face huggers.
Speaker 9: Really by Saga's drones. There's a Harbord crater at the very end of it that comes from a pregnant woman who's injected with the girl. I don't want to give buy spoilers, but it's god damn good. Opacially, it's akin to the Originals.
Speaker 8: When I watch it, I will I will have to message you and let you know what I think. But I mean, I'm excited now because you know, it looked kind of gay, like they weren't you know, they weren't like picking it up right off a Covenant. It looked like some other totally different thing to me. So I didn't know if they went in like a gay direction with it, or if they were gonna keep it with like the cool shit about like what makes alien. So cool. You know, so it sounds like they did and now I'm excited to watch it. Fucking face huggers.
Speaker 17: But so Drew.
Speaker 8: When we team up and we do breakdowns together, I always get so many compliments. Everyone loves the energy you bring, the research. Everything is dynamite. Thank you so much for joining me for yet another breakdown. And if you could those who are hearing you for the first time, let them know where they can find more of your work.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Drew, missing from your Missing the Point podcast, am I doubles and find in all the usual podcatches also co hosts a show called Conspiracy Theater three thousand, in which me and the guys Moral Bob and Ryan Dean we break down films similar to this. We do watch alungs, we do commentaries, we do breakdowns, all that good stuff. And thanks again for having me on Julia's I love these, always look forward to them. We always pick great movies, stuff that we tend to miss on Conspiracy Theater three thousand. So you're indulging me with these types of conversations, which I really enjoy.
Speaker 8: Oh, I was gonna say me too. I love teaming up on these. I think we pick some fun ones from our childhood fun ones that people would think about Harry and the Andersons. That was a great one, But so I'm looking forward. We'll team up on another one. It doesn't even have to be a breakdow. We can just pick something random maybe, but uh yeah, I hope everyone goes and checks out more of your work. Thank you again for joining me tonight into all the listeners out there. Thank you, and we will catch you on.
Speaker 5: The next one.
Speaker 12: I think the message to psychos, fanatics, murderers, nutcases all over the world is, uh, do not mess with suburbanites because frankly, we're just not going to take it anymore. You know, we're not going to be content to look after our lawns and wax our cars, paint our houses.
Speaker 10: We're out to get them.
Speaker 13: We are out together.
Speaker 17: Hello.
Speaker 14: It is Ryan and I was on a flight the other day playing one of my favorite social spin slot games on chumpac Casino dot com. I looked over the person sitting next to me and you know what they were doing. They were also playing Chumpa Casino. Everybody's loving having fun with it. Chumpa Casino's home to hundreds of casino style games you can play for free anytime, anywhere. So sign up now at Chumbuck Casino dot com to claim your free welcome bonus that's chumbacasino dot com and live the Chumba Lane.
Speaker 19: Sponsored by Chumpbu Casino. No purchase necessary. VGW Group Ford. We're prohibited by Law eighteen plus terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 4: Top reasons your career wants you to move to Ohio. So many amazing growth opportunities, high paying jobs and technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering, life sciences, and more.
Speaker 5: You'll start to new heights.
Speaker 4: Just like the Wright brothers, John Glenn, even Neil Armstrong. Their careers all took off in Ohio, and yours can too.
Speaker 15: A job that can take you further and a place you can't wait.
Speaker 4: To come home to have it all in the heart of it all. Launch your search at call Ohio home dot com.