Speaker 1: Don't be bare. It's the internet. You're busy. Let's do this for February fourteenth, twenty twenty five. I wanted to say Friday. I mean, it is Friday, but I don't usually say that. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game Mess Mornings Live with me Jeff Grubb. Today, love is Dead as the elder Ring Night Rain network test encounters major problems on PlayStation. But first please join me and welcoming today's co host a Game Mess Mornings. It's two more. Who's saying, tam, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I am here and I am alive. What more do you want from me?
Speaker 1: Uh? Huh, all right, okay, you know what I was gonna ask more, but now I'm feeling like egg on my face? What am I thinking?
Speaker 2: It's also, you know, it's Ostall weekend, nba' Stall weekend. YEP, it's being held in the YA area. I'm expecting to hear a lot of E four E being blasted. Maybe some too short.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Damn. How are NBA fans feeling about the All Star game right now? Because All Star games kind of across the board being you know, kind of crappy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's not been great for the last couple of years. So this year's one was created in collaboration with the greatest basketball player of all time, the one and only Number thirty, Steph Curry, of course, so they hit him up and they're like, Yo, we're gonna come to your your backyard or come into your house. So what should we do with this NBA thing? And now there's a tournament format which is going to be cool. Yeah, And I think at one point the rookies are like the best rookies are going up against like the best vets, which is bound to cause some some like intense play because those vets don't want to lose our rookies and rookies want to be some vets. Yeah, it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 1: That's always the thing. It's like, Yeah, I just want to see at least some interesting game play, and usually these All Star games you don't get that. You have to create some sort of steaks, So hopefully that works.
Speaker 2: I'm on the other side where I'm like, we still have a season to play. So I didn't go like dumb hard on like a goof games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, for sure, go ahead.
Speaker 2: They have like four days off to recover hopefully. We just we played the Warriors.
Speaker 3: I say we.
Speaker 2: I didn't touch a ball. I had no impact on that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Warriors played the Houston Rockets yesterday. US Rockets, I believe are third or fourth in the conference, and we beat them, which was good.
Speaker 3: It was a bit touch and go.
Speaker 2: The Warriors are doing this thing where if they play a dog shit team, they will somehow lose. If they played their best team in the NBA, they will cook them.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I don't know why they Well what's going on over there, But we got Jimmy Buckets.
Speaker 1: Now that seems like it's going to go pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's going well so far.
Speaker 2: He's uh, he's doing it. He's he's he's showing up. He's like he's been playing really well. And then he did like interviews and he was like, I'm not in basketball shape. I still need to I didn't play for a month, so I need to get fit and I still haven't learned any of the actual like plays and offensive plays. So he's he's still getting warmed up, which is good.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Excited about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know have enjoy your All Star weekend. It's also the four Nations tournaments still happened for hockey, and it's kind of like, oh, this it's been really good, but you're right, they're all really trying because they're playing for their nations and they are they're like getting in scraps after the plays, like you know, not fistfights like happens in hockey, but like hey, no pushing and shoving and people being thrown into the net and stuff like that because they're playing hard and there's already been a couple of injuries. It's like, oh, oh man, they got to go back and play for their teams after this, and some of them are going to be hurt now because of this. So it's like, okay, these games have been amazing, but is that worth it? It's tough.
Speaker 3: It's about yeah, So what's the state of hockey?
Speaker 2: Video games like right now? A NBA like basketball games aren't. Well, there's the two K games and they're great, but like they don't they're too sim for me, Like I'm a jam guy.
Speaker 3: But what's it like over there?
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's NHL from EA uh and and that's about it. There You know, there are more indie hockey games like Arcadie games happening than than ever before. None of them have really like hit super hard. That puck game was a lot of fun. That first person hockey game that we played on the site of a couple like last week, I think, And that one's weird because like you have full stick control with the mouse, so you can like lift it up and down and left and right, and it's very difficult. It's like quop but hockey that's actually it's a really good time. And then there's kind of nothing in between that and EA's attempt at a SIM game that's been pret pretty rough for years. My question, I was just gonna say it, like, we used to have it so good, Tam. We used to get so many different kinds of all these sports games, arcadie games, sim games, everything in between that was legit just better. I know, it's always like, oh, things used to be better. You can't always say that that action was better.
Speaker 3: My quest.
Speaker 2: I remember I talked about trying to play NBA Jam on a modern console. Yeah, it's been fruitless, sadly, but I noticed that nets have a game coming up called The Dunk Dynasty Dunk CE Dynasty.
Speaker 1: D Dynasty.
Speaker 3: I wish it looks.
Speaker 2: Like the most I think it's the most free to play ass game. Of course, it's like a five v five game, but it's got like stylized versions of modern basketball players. Like it's got like James Harden steps and there, Kevin Durant is, then the NIS is in there, and then Joel Embiid absolute bomb flop fucking is also there as well. Some reason, my man's on break full time getting paid for it.
Speaker 1: I I like those weird mobile games that happened a lot of times based on these sports, like, oh wait, they're still doing those. Uh. They are all kind of trash, but they must somehow always also get major stars to be in them. So it's fun to.
Speaker 2: See if anyone knows how I can play NBA gam not the original one, right, because I know how to play the original one good.
Speaker 1: It is backer compatible because you buy a disc, right, and those are hard to come. I know.
Speaker 2: It's the the on Fire edition is the only one that I think is available or whatever, and the one that you need is a different one. I think that's why it's it's it's weird something weirdness with.
Speaker 1: That well, his Lord Xenu has some answers for you. That may or may not be the name of an emulator. Actually it's Xenu or Xenu.
Speaker 2: I can't remember when i've I have already explored the emulator, which is which, which works for me, and it is good, But like I don't want to stay in front of auba.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get it on your steam deck or something. Cut that going there? Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's explain what we do here most weekdays, I, Jeff Grub, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you're watching live on twitch welcome, You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with switch To units are reportedly selling for forty thousand dollars on the Chinese black market. This is from Ali Reynolds at Nintendo Life. According to our recent post on the switch To subreddit, this via wccf tech, early units of Nintendo's upcoming new console are being sold on the Chinese black market for nearly forty g's. This is supposedly sourced via the same leaker from the Jonghaus shoe forums. Uhgo she how zu? I like that one. I don't know what it is, but I like that now? What's moorth feeling dominic Decoco forums, who revealed that the the CAD model for the switch To in twenty twenty four, So the people that did that also apparently are selling them for forty thousand dollars. They're selling them within an accompanying screenshot showcasing messages between the leaker and the post had accompanying messages that showcase the conversation between the leaker and a black market seller, albeit with much of the detail blurred out. You have to wonder why anyone would be willing to spend so much on an early switch To unit, but the theory is that the leaker is effectively shopping the unit out to accessory manufacturers. Building products based on specs alone is one thing, but having the ability to actually test out access with a real switch to unit might well be worth the hassle and money, given the potential payoff in the months and years ahead. Of course, it's possible that this could all be a load of rubbish, but you know what these leakers are like. Give it a few weeks and we'll probably see blurry cropped images of the unit itself on Fami boards or something like that.
Speaker 2: This text conversation looks suspicious as hell. Yes, it's not even yo, my uncle has this.
Speaker 3: Do you want it? It's just like I have do you want? Yes? How much I can make that? Shit? Man, I'm not saying it's not out there, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean yeah, But at the point here clearly is just that it's getting wild out there for the switch to and the fact that wait, whether this is real or not real, or if it's happening, it's the kind of thing like I can imagine this being real because people have just gone nuts, and they know when Nintendo was promising to talk about it next April. Second. Yeah, people still have very little chill when it comes to a waiting for that.
Speaker 2: Who's paying forty grand for that? Come on, man, what are you getting out of that? You're getting like an early version. You cannot resell that thing, Like you can't be like I bought an early version of the switch and now I'm like, I'm I've got a one of the kind of thing because the moment you try and sell that or show it to anyone, Nintendo is gonna stick a knife through your throat immediately, like you're cooked this, You're done.
Speaker 3: So what are you doing with this thing? It's not even like it's just it's just for your own benefit.
Speaker 2: You're like, I lost forty grand and I have this bundle of wires and PCBs that is the switch too.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't even like get interpol or the FBI involved or whatever, And it's tend to be like we'll handle this ourselves and just to centegrate you, just yeah, they'll melt you where you land.
Speaker 2: El Sakarai, you can make his YouTube video tomorrow. We need him for something, and Sacarai just straps up and he's like, this is why it takes me so long for make Smash games.
Speaker 3: I have to fucking kill.
Speaker 1: In house assassin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like can imagine that when sakara is not making Smash he's basically living the John Wick life style.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's that. What was that movie where the guy was the game show host and he like used like the award for the show was like, Oh, the couple gets to travel around the world and it's like, you're traveling to Moscow because he needed to go like to Moscow to secretly assassinate someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what Sacarai is doing. He's out there living that life. Okay, yeah, forty thousand dollars, you're right, what what do you think? I get the like theory here of you pay that money and then you take the thing around and you go to all these Chinese manufacturers who won't care where you got it from, and they see like the chance to get out ahead of the curve and have products ready to go for them to switch to launch because they got a model early and we're able to test it out make sure everything worked.
Speaker 3: Are they paying for that access? I imagine?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I think they would pay for that access at least. You know, again, this is all just I could I could see that being the way things work, though I wouldn't be too surprised if that's mostly the way A lot of this stuff went down. Although you know, they really can make these things based on the CAD models. Sure, it'd be better to have a physical hard wherever you take the CAD models, you three D print your own thing and get.
Speaker 2: As close as I have seen switch to accessories yeah, that people have made in person and held them in my hand and it's like, oh, so this is what a switch is going to feel like. I've held like a three D version of the switch too, because it's like, yeah, yeah, it was whatever. It's everyone that you don't need to pay forty grand for us crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I Also, I'm like skeptical that it even turns on this forty thousand dollars switch to and if it does, it's like booting into the bios or whatever and you can't even get into the operating system.
Speaker 3: So no chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just I says that it's just a dumb thing that someone is doing. Probably if it's real, it's just like, why are you doing this?
Speaker 3: Good for you man?
Speaker 1: Yep, exactly. Wait a couple of weeks and we're gonna get all more information.
Speaker 3: I have a request for you.
Speaker 2: I needed to load up your so onboard with you know the you know, the the kind of announcements on the street fire two when they go to a different country, whereas like China, China, you should have one of those ready for each area, so that if we were on this story you would have pressed down, it would have been like China, and then you could like carry on.
Speaker 1: Actually love love that, actual get like the motion graphics to come up with like the stream decks so it can be China and then actually has the plane flying or whatever, and you.
Speaker 4: Can like a yeah, you're also slande England to super prefer to when they put came in there, England wasn't the one that why are you doing it like this?
Speaker 1: You have changed up your energy for this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Super England? Uh from Software apologizes for eldin Ring Night Rain tests server problems. This is from George Yang at game Spot. From Software has issued an apology for the connection issues currently plaguing the elden Ring Night Rain network test. From Software's Japanese player support account on Twitter said that servers are currently congested, which is making it difficult for players to match with each other. The account suggested to continue trying and apologize for any inconvenience. It seems that like the PlayStation servers are being hit particularly hard night fare, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: It's crazy that they have to apologize for this thing when the express purpose is for this to happen. Yep, it's like it's for any development. This happens with order others that we're so sorry that you cannot connect to this network test.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm always like, man, I couldn't do this that job where I wrote this message because I'd be like, oh, I'm sorry you couldn't connect. Well, let's give you your money back. Oh you didn't pay for anything, Okay, Well then what go do something else with your time? Like what are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: I mean like it's like again it's a symptom of people thinking these parts of the kind of cycle are old to them. And also it's like, you know, the publishers shouldn't use this as a marketing be like I don't think from software does that.
Speaker 3: There are a few companies that I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, if you play early, you can get into our beta test, if you know what I mean, which is like if you did that, then you've got a leg to stand on where you're complaining that you can't get in. But I think most people should be like a little more. I think companies should be a little more clear about stuff breaking, especially from like they're not super super well versed in like large scale networking in games. Even they're like core games, they almost have a a kind of like a drip feed of networking in their games unless you go into PvP and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: But this is the first game that they've made which is like very very very focused on put a network element of it.
Speaker 2: They should just come out and been like, big text, this is going to break. It's the point, do not complain, yep.
Speaker 1: And you could see like, of course there's going to be conflicting desires of what like the different sides want to get out of this. You know, from software clearly just actually wants to test and see if this is going to work. And then Bandy namcoes like, great, we will kind of like position it as like a big exciting thing for fans, so they could start building up momentum for the for the marketing, and I'm sure from Stuff's like okay, that's great, but no, like we have a specific purpose here, like yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: We went to a preview event and the networking was like not great there, Like it had a stumbles and that kind of stuff, and it meant we were limited and how much how long we could play, like we were getting like one player would get kicked out like halfway through a run and that kind of stuff. And I remember like the Namco people, just like the Bandaid people, freaking out. They were like, oh my god, this sucks. I was just like, hey man, you do not have to worry about it. That's this is the point, Like this is gonna happen. Just just it will be fine, Like I'm playing enough to get a good feel for it. And I felt so bad for them because it felt like they owed us something which I guess they might have considering like we flew out there and you know that kind of stuff, and they had they had, like you know, intention to have like preview coverage artist. But I was just like, it's an online game, pre release in a very weird environment where your networking isn't ideal in any way. This is gonna happen. And I was just like, oh man, I wish I wish it didn't. They didn't feel this like under the gone to have a perfect experience already, and like I played it. I played it enough to write a preview and also like talk about it, so I had no issues with it. But yeah, it was it had a it was Bomby. That's what it's going to be like, It's going to be there. It will probably be that way when it launches.
Speaker 1: That I suppose we're gonna ask you, like, where, what is your expectation level for this ability at launch? I'm with you. I think that it's else.
Speaker 2: Almost every like multiplayer focus game has a has had a rough goal of it to begin with, or has a high chance of it. I can't think of very many games that came out and launched perfectly like no issues. Most, I guess the only ones that I could reliably say, now, oh it's going to be fine.
Speaker 3: It's call of Duty. But that's because it scaled up.
Speaker 2: Remember Modern Warfare, like the first one, when Quality for Modern Warfare came out, I remember having a rough time with that BA and so also when the game came out, it was a bit rough.
Speaker 3: But they've had what almost a decade.
Speaker 2: Of being able to scale up and also use the same kind of infrastructure to move from one to the other.
Speaker 3: Game like Overwatch was rough for a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think the only one that I can really think of recently that didn't have an issue big enough for it to become like newsworthy was probably Marvel Rivals. I think, yeah, because that, as far as I can tell, just launched and has been fine interesting for a long time, right, so interesting for a long time. And NETS is a company that has a lot of online games, much bigger than most.
Speaker 3: People, Like they've got these weird freaking games.
Speaker 1: Games with huge audiences because exactly exactly, and you would see I guess the expectation most people would say as well as Banda is a huge, huge company, they should be able to hook this up and figure it out.
Speaker 3: And it's like they are a huge company.
Speaker 2: Name the one Bandai game that is online, it's techn like that's the that's the biggest game they have, and that's a very different kind of infrastructure network wise. Again, like if I'm I don't think there's I'm not trying to make excuses for for either of them. I think that I have more personally, I have more willingness to let this stuff figure itself out in the early days. And also like I'm just trying not to be entitled.
Speaker 1: Two things yep. Yeah, Well, you know, we'll get this game when it comes out, and like you said, probably be rough in the meantime, a test going down. I'm not gonna let it ruin my time. You know. Clearly this is what they want because they are only letting people play at certain times, right, so they won a funnel everyone in at the same time they're stress testing. So this is the whole thing working the way it was intended. All right, let's keep moving here. Microsoft has more games slated for PS five this year than Sony, and then in parentheses so far this is from Chris Compiendo or Compendio at GameSpot excuse me. Microsoft's cross platform release strategy puts the company in a unique position this year. As it currently stands, there are more Xbox first party games than Sony titles confirmed for a PlayStation release in twenty twenty five. The February twenty twenty five State of Play live stream on Wednesday contained announcements for several games, but the presentation showcased very few first party PlayStation games, instead highlighting many third party titles like Monster Hunter, Wild's and Borderlands four. The only notable Sony published PS five titles shown where a Day's Gone re release Lost Soul Aside and House Marks Sorrows, which is schedule for twenty twenty six for those keeping scrack, and as pointed out by Eurogamer, Sony's PS five confirmed PS five games confirmed for twenty twenty five are Days Sewan remastered Lost Soul Aside, MLB The Show twenty five, which also releases on Xbox and Switch, Ghost of Yota, and Desk Stranding two on the Beach. Release Windows from Marvel's Wolverine Intergalactic, The Heretic Prophet, and Marathon from Bungie have yet to be confirmed. Marathon supposed to come out this year. It is supposed to that is supposed to launch this year. Yes, we probably don't hear about it until Bunchie talks about it themselves sometime around April. They do their own events like that around that time of year, so they'll talk about that then either way, though, I mean, I get what this is that I think there was an expectation coming out of the last two ish years that Okay, Sony's had some time, PlayStation studios have had some time. We didn't get a ton of games from them in twenty twenty four, so twenty twenty five should be when a lot of things begin to hit, and that also doesn't seem to be the case. Not that, not that I think Sony's output for twenty twenty five is embarrassing or something like that. I think it's pretty solid. It's just as fun. You know, Xbox has more games on the PlayStation than Sony. That's a weird thing, and I think worth being like, Okay, what's going on over there? And I just think it's a combination of factors, right, tam, where the live service strategy clearly distracted them and making games takes longer. Is there any other thing that you're that makes you worried that, oh is there something some deeper problem?
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't make me worried at all. Like I'm I'm I'm a normal I think I'm largely a normal person, Like I can, I have the ability to be normal about So when Microsoft is like, hey, we're putting this game on PlayStation, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't it would automatically freak out.
Speaker 2: And be like, oh my god, my beloved box has one less game when it or locked to it. It's just like I don't care, man, Like you could put that on anything you want, I'll play it wherever I can.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that it's a symptom of Microsoft specifically. I think it's the result of the kind of the economics of making and releasing games in twenty twenty five, with the in the state of the world as it is, like and yes, to some degree, the fortunes of Microsoft and Sony dictate where they put these games and how much outside of their own box and their own like traditional wheelhouses they go. But like if Microsoft was in a better position like they were, you know, they were still like doing three sixty numbers, and you know, Halo was still as popular as it was in the Halo three days, they probably wouldn't be putting any of their games on of course.
Speaker 3: On anywhere else. But we're not in that world.
Speaker 2: We live in a world where it is insanely expensive to make a game, and then when you release that game, for you to recoup the cost and even make a profit, you need to sell an astronomical number of copies. That would take most games will take maybe like seven, eight, nine, ten years of a long tail sales kind of lifetime for you to get close to doesn't make sense to lock it to one thing anymore. You have to put that thing everywhere. You need to make your experience as ubiquitous as possible to stand any chance of being financially viable or stable even for the going, you know future. So that stability has to come at the cost of something, and it is exclusive access, and that is how it's going to be. And people are gonna moan about it. That's that's on them, Like it's that's what you're gonna It's gonna happen whether you like it or not, because ultimately they need to make money their corporations. They want to make money. They don't care that you feel sad and bad that you're green is now playable on the purple. It doesn't make any difference to them. Man like complaining all you want, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I expect that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised if Sony started putting games on Microsoft consoles.
Speaker 3: At at some point.
Speaker 1: Point.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I mean like they have MLB, so like there's one there, you go like that. Sony is more focused on PC right now, which makes a lot of sense because that's again ubiquity. It's there. Microsoft has already been in PC, so they don't have a lot of they're not seeing the return that they probably want from it because they created an ecosystem that involves Xbox and PC. So the only real un you know, on unexplored territory is the PlayStation or even the switch. Who knows when that comes out, and it's if it feels like it's like capable of run decent, if it's Cape, if it's on par with a series s at least, they'll probably be like, hell, yeah, let's pull all our games on there, Let's put Game Pass on there. Let's do it because we need that money. So it's gonna happen. I don't think it's an issue with Microsoft. I don't think it's an issue with Sony. I don't think one is doing better than the other leading to this. I think it is the nature of the business and the economic context which they exist in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think what happened was they looked at their own performance, and not even relative to Sony, just like their own performance, especially Starfield, and Starfield's clearly the one that just Okay, we're gonna put out Starfield, and this is the one that is going to kind of set the tone and it's going to be this massive console selling game, and it wasn't for the most For the most part, I mean, I think I'm sure it's doing sure, I'm sure it's sold fine, but I don't think it changed the factor of how many Xbox they were selling. And once they realized Starfield can't do it, nothing can Nothing's going to be able to do it like we thought Starfield might, So we have to kind of shift our strategy. As far is PlayStation though, Uh that that lineup for this year, how do you feel about it? Again? It's let's the Day's Sewan Remastered, Loss Source Side MLB, The Show twenty five, Ghost of Yo Take Death, Randing two, and Marathon. That's good. You know we're gonna list them all out like that. That's a number of.
Speaker 3: Decent run yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, it's very clear which one of those games is the big Sony game, and it's Ghost of Your take. The smash hit success of the first Ghost of Tushima is has given them plenty of reason to expect big things from this game, and I expect it's going to be really good like that. That team hasn't put out a awful game ever, as far as I can remember anyway, Like even though even the the worst Infamous game is still pretty good and enjoyable, and yeah, that is a solid, solid anchor game for this year. I do think that they probably the rest of the games around it, other than Death Stranding, are probably not as a big deal, right And I think even as someone who loves, you know, PlayStation games and Xbox games, you generally want a kind of you want these landmark games to look forward to, and perhaps Only doesn't have a bunch of those right now. And for me, like these you know, random character action game that looks like every other random character action game of today is not doing.
Speaker 3: It for me. But I'm still not upset about it.
Speaker 2: Like there's still I just I just don't put as much reliance on first party games being the games that I look forward to and enjoy, Like I've got Monster Hunter coming up, Like I just played a bunch of Avowed, you know, There's there's a whole load of games out there that are coming out, you know, and and I'm not too worried about it.
Speaker 1: And I think that's like what we saw in that last quarter from Sony's earnings yesterday, where it was like that the best quarter ever sold a ton of PlayStation five so a lot of that was the PlayStation five Pro launched. Sure, but I think a lot of people are just saying, hey, I want to play games, and I know the PlayStation is going to have them, and then they and the third party games did very well in the last quarter for PlayStations, so I think, yeah, that is going to be the thing that that just carries it. But its like, is video games by and.
Speaker 3: Large, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: I do, Like maybe it's unfair of me, but I do discount a lot of these conversations where it's like, no, he needs more of these games as as like they're a bit like disingenuous, so like they don't come in.
Speaker 3: They're not a good faith kind of discussion.
Speaker 1: Narrow the very narrow vision what game.
Speaker 2: They also, Yeah, because I feel like they are discussions that happen with the undertone of team sports where the reason, yeah, the list was, the reason that they are mentioned is because they need to be a you know, a clip in the in the PlayStation ammove reserve to use against the opposition, because if you actually cared about just having good games, you would also factor in all the third party games, all the indie games that are coming out work conversation, Like you would factor those in and be like, oh, no, it's fine. We don't have a Spider Man three, but we have x y Z game, small game, hair, small game, hair, third party game, third party game. I'm not too worried about it. But no people specifically want I need a Sony game because then I can lord this over someone else. And yes, there is some value to having a Sony game because you know, they make games that are certain type and they have you know, institutional knowledge about the hardware which is pushed forward. But I don't think most people are thinking about that. They're thinking about how can I shit on Xbox fan over heir, over there, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: It may be.
Speaker 2: Like the Warriors, the best game come out, banger, it's so much fun, Like no, it is really count and it was like sitting down and being like I'm waiting for a new Warriors game, but it's out there. Like what you're complaining about as a new game like it came out a surprise is good play it.
Speaker 1: Even like even if the people that aren't like in the list war they're still like a work backward from like this point of Oh, I spent a lot of money on this console. I'm deeply invested. I need something to make it feel special to justify that, and that's where I think the like the best case scenario or the best read. But I think most of the time you're right. It is something to lord over others, and that's where they feel the value comes from. And that is you're right, disingenuous and bad faith and not really worth considering. I just think, hey, overall, games are taking longer, and it's definitely not making things easy on Sony, and obviously that live service was at this point, I think we can call distraction because it's not their strategy anymore by and large. But I think a lot of this just comes down to the timing. Windows got shifted around, and twenty twenty six definitely should be a really big year for PlayStation first party. If that is something that you're deeply invested, then.
Speaker 3: I want to say something about one of these games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hit it.
Speaker 2: Marathon bungeee yep, I'm begging Mary than got that name, get rid of that name. Nobody gives a shit about the Marathon name, other than maybe you and some nine year old farts some fuddy duddies, And you could just put any other name on there and act like it's a brand new IP, because let me tell you, you ain't saying selling a lot of games based on the Marathon IP.
Speaker 5: Also, your SEO is dog shit already, Like you are fighting decades of running people, the running people, so the running people are going to beat you.
Speaker 2: Also, it's just like a bad name, like marathon. I call it something, call it something else, man, anything else, just not Marathon. I'm begging you give the game a chance by calling it any other name.
Speaker 1: I do look forward to see how they try to position this game, and like, when they like really start talking about it, do they even bring up the mac game in any explicit way. I bet they barely even reference it, if they reference it at all. I mean, I'm sure they did in that first trailer, But going forward, how does it? How does that help them? It doesn't.
Speaker 3: What's the what's the benefit?
Speaker 2: Like, there's no benefit because everyone goes, we don't care, we don't we don't play games.
Speaker 1: Do I need to play that? First? I gotta go get a macintosh.
Speaker 3: It's available on like PC now.
Speaker 2: But again, it's not that good man, it was, and it wasn't that good back then either. Like so, I don't know why you're like other than like this is all heritage. Witch, who cares? Man, get over and grow up.
Speaker 1: Hey. People used to say that was good for a Mac game, and that meant something.
Speaker 3: Steve Jobs cared.
Speaker 1: Okay, he didn't care about anything, all right, fading to black for a quick break. We'll be right back after this, everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me one second to grab something.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna bring back bring us back in while Tam is taking care of that. He's actually sitting down right now. There we are, Okay, I'm bringing us back in right now. Microsoft has Oh nope, I just did that one. Astrobot gets PS five Pro support and new levels starting now. This is from Georgian at GameSpot PlayStation is.
Speaker 3: Well, nobody cares about that again. Let's move on.
Speaker 1: Game of the Year from the Dice Awards and from the ki Lees. So hey, pretty good spread there to get both the game developers and the games journalist. PlayStation Is announced that PS five Pro support has been added to added to Astrobot, and the first of five additional levels is live in the game today. According to the PlayStation Blog. The PS five Pro support comes with a constant resolution boost while still running at sixty frames per second.
Speaker 3: The first what's that constant resolution?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't, I don't really know.
Speaker 3: Us stopped boosting, Yeah, boosting, just.
Speaker 1: Clear boosting NonStop, never not boosting. The first of the five new levels will be added today, which is TikTok Shock. Imagine it's one of the game one of the levels using the slow down power slow.
Speaker 2: Motions, coverment or come in for it. They're gonna be like, let me shut that TikTok clock thing down.
Speaker 1: TikTok Shock no way. The remaining ones will be released weekly on Thursdays at six am Pacific time. It's awesome they keep supporting this game. Uh yeah, and they clearly I had a plan. I do that.
Speaker 2: It's also cool that it's not just like we have a new themed level. It's actually like separate from that stuff. Yes, hey, we got an actual level. We made this and the kind of like selling point of it is that we made a new level, not that it's got character from X game in it.
Speaker 3: It's good for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I also like PS PS five Pro Sport cool. I bet, I bet you don't see it too much like when you're playing the game. I bet you don't notice it because that game already ran great and looked fantastic, right.
Speaker 3: I reviewed the PS five Pro.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you don't see that thing in many games at all.
Speaker 1: That's just where games are at, and I think this one's going to be especially so. But whatever, people spend their money on a PS five Pro, you want to see that the game is going to support it. And I bet, I bet these kinds of things like add up over time, right, They build up over time, tam where okay, it's getting new levels, and now it's got another batch of new levels. Oh and it supports PS five Pro. Okay, yeah, and well oh at one game of the year and it's just one game of the year from Dice. These things build up, and I think eventually it like breaks the seal on a new tier of people who were maybe never really considering this game until all that stuff happened, and now they're more likely to buy it.
Speaker 2: If you want to see the power of the PS five Pro, I'll tell you exactly how you can see it, right, this is specifically how you can see it. You fire up Demon Solisery mastered. Right you go into the first area of the tutorial. After you run through that little tunnel and going through the water and come out, there's a little corner that has a flickering flame on it. It's got like a lantern there. Keep an eye on that lantern and then fire up Demon sells remastered on another PlayStation five, an older one. Put on side by side and you will see the power of the PS five pro. But because let me tell you that flame looks legit good on. I stayed at it and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, this is sick.
Speaker 3: Anyways, moving on.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred dollars flame right there. Hell yeah, it was all right, let's keep moving. UBI Soft revenues decline thirty one point four percent to nine hundred and ninety million euro. This is from Sophie McAvoy, a games industry dop is. Ubisoft has released its financial results for the nine months ending December thirty first. The firm remains optimistic, despite a decline in revenues and netbookings, that the upcoming release of Assassin's Creed Shadows will turn their fates or turn the fade around. Pre sales of the title are reported to be tracking solidly and on par with the franchise, the second highest earner Odyssey, but just kind of across the board over there at Ebisoft, everything is down. Revenues down, their back catalog sales, uh, you know, those are down there, and that's for like the last nine months, they're down like thirty percent seven percent. Uh, and then for the last three months things are also down pretty significantly. You know. Really, it really is coming down to Assassin's Creed Shadows must perform, must perform and kind of maybe overperform. So the game has to be the best Assassin's Creed, a Game of the Year contender, and then just all that needs to then snowball into getting a bunch of people to want to buy the game. I think for them to really stand a shot of turning things around over there, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know a rough position to be. It's kind of like the they kind of have made their own bed right now by having Assassin's Creed be a almost yearly franchised so long that it just kind of perennially has existed in the background of video games for so long that people just will automatically know already whether they give a shit, Like as Assassage created sells massively, right, Yes, but there's a significant group of people who are like, now, I'm good with it.
Speaker 3: I don't need to play Assasage great.
Speaker 2: I played that last one, or I played it seven years ago, I played ten years ago.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I'm done with that thing.
Speaker 2: But the can they can this game being a new entry in a long running franchise that has you could arguably say is oversaturated the market a long time ago is like the fourth of iteration of this version of the game, can that sell enough to rescue a company? I hate to say it, man, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, best case scenario does really well. Best case really want to yeah, But you know a likely good case scenario here is it does well enough that they can point to investors and be like, this is the kind of thing we're going to do more of, and it's we're on an upbor trajectory once again, up into the right. That's what you want to see. Uh maybe? But I also think that maybe people have felt burned by you be soft a number of times now. I remember years ago ubisofts like, oh yeah, our stock price is down a little bit invest now because we're going to be back, you know, it's ubi stuff. We always come back, and then it's been kind of just declining ever since then. I think a lot of investors don't want to take a chance on this anymore. And then uh, the alternative of like ten Cent winning in the wings to be like, hey, we will take you over, but a lot of conditions and caveats and losing control maybe for the Gumo family, which maybe probably be a good thing, but still like it just seems like that's not what you be soft in the Guimo family wants to do, so they might they might be forced to. Who knows how this is actually all going to play out either way, though just the numbers are diar here, they're rough.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: I feel like, again this is a company that is a victim of economics and also its own decision making, because I feel like if you had a more diverse portfolio actively in kind of like in the market, you might be in a better position. But they doubled down on one franchise and kind of like rained in the business strategy to be like chasing a certain type of game monetization games as a service, open world. They kind of narrowed their focus, which probably made sense back then because it was what was popular, but they did it in a way where they shot so many doors that it doesn't you know, none of those games are available now, None of those projects are available now in a timely manner that could help them, Like imagine what Maybe it's not huge, but I imagine they might be in a better position at least in terms of the perception around them, the optics around them, if they actively had a spent a cell game that was in the market or at least look like it was in them coming to the market at some point soon. But it's not like no one believes that that thing exists. They announced it, but like not seeing it since they're not even doing the thing where they show like a like fake stuff like they did with like Beyond Good and Evil to to try and juice the numbers, it's not even happening.
Speaker 3: Like that's gone. There's no ray Man.
Speaker 2: They just took Prince of Persia, the last good one, and just like kicked it to the curb. They treated it like it was just they throw away game when it could have been so much more. They have nothing else but Assassin's Creed to rely on. And sadly it's a bed that the Guimeaus made of their own making. They made that bed. They got asleep in it now, which is unfortunate. And it sucks because I've said this before. I always say CEO is making dumb ass decisions that the people below them will have to pay for, Like they gemos will be fine, absolutely fine. But all those people, those developers create, the designers, the people who work in PR, people who work in like editorial at Ubisoft, they're going to suffer because of this.
Speaker 3: And it sucks.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a rough situation. They employ so many people around the world, around the world, and they've and they've said, you know more, you know, restructuring is coming, So we know what that means and what that's going on.
Speaker 2: About restructure by getting rid of the a few of the executives and letting that money go elsewhere.
Speaker 3: How about that.
Speaker 1: It's obvious where the restructuring is needed. And it is who runs that company and has ran that company for years now. It is the gem saying to get out.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying ten cents going to make it better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, who know.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: And I mean, like maybe it will, but at the very least, what you can definitely say is these clowns have no idea.
Speaker 3: What they're doing.
Speaker 2: Like they they have they have put everyone else in a real bad position. And they don't deserve that, because I know plenty of people who act there, and they're incredibly talented their former colleagues as well, Like they're people who used to work out GameSpot and you know, contribute to a lot of stuff on Giant Bomb and like various other parts of the industry as well, And it's just like, you didn't deserve this, man.
Speaker 1: They did point out one positive the crew Motorfest as having like the most players at one time that's ever had, I think, or something like that. It was a session days increasing to increasing by thirty eight percent year on years. So hey, shout out to Motorfest. That's not a bad game.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you'd be stuff got here by you know, kind of overdoing it with open world and live service games.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh my god, there was Avatar.
Speaker 1: There's Avatar and you know, Star Wars Outlaws. I like both those games, but clearly like they did not hit an audience. They were big, massive, expensive and they have several live service games that have failed, so let's get to this next story. Tam UBSFCF says the plan is to focus on open world and live service games year after year. This is from Chris Calling at VGC, the CEO of Ubisoccess. The publisher is focusing mainly on open world action adventure games and live service games in the coming years. During a Q and A and following a presentation on the company's financial results for Q three of its twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five financial year, one caller asked if the executives on the panel could shed more light on their development pipeline going forward. Yeves Gimont replied that the focus was mainly going to be on open world adventures like Assassin's Creed and live service games like Rainbow six, Siege or The Crew Motorfest for the foreseeable future. We have been investing significantly for a big pipeline of products for the coming years along our two verticals, these being open world action adventure as well as games as a service native experiences, and that's what we want to deliver year after year.
Speaker 3: Their class, dude, that is that is awesome?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's idiots like, Hey, Eve, your company released a game called Fock Cry three. Buy that bad boy up. There's a chart in there called vas It's gonna tell you something. It's gonna begin with, do you know what the definition of insane is? Just let that one play out for a little bit. Just play that game. It's a banger. Just listen to that for a bit and then play the rest of the game. There's a weed burning bit and it's cool. But maybe you learn something that's something elite dumbas shit happening there.
Speaker 3: It's believable.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy. Like even just to say it, let alone do it. You gotta be like, oh, well, we're trying some other stuff. We have other ideas, other irons in the fire, and know it's like it's the same irons, the ones that goddess here. Yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: Like, how how are you?
Speaker 2: How are you convincing the people who are gonna decide what happens next that there is better times coming? When you're saying you're gonna do the things that you just did, that is failing.
Speaker 1: It's not even they're not even like promising that we're gonna bring the Ubi soft innovation that we're known for to bear on the genres, and we're gonna like do new things in it that are exciting in the open world in live service space. He's like, just know, we're gonna do more of this year after year.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a crazy thing to say to investors when you're trying to convince them that you're going to be different in the future.
Speaker 2: Say say you're gonna you're gonna follow up on the success of Rainbow six Siege with a new entry in that franchise. You're gonna take the Siege model and make it bigger and better because Siege was a smash his success and it has like powered your esports and all that kind of stuff, and it's beloved and that kind of stuff. Try that, I don't know, Say Sam Fisher is definitely back, has a bit of gameplay, yep, and try anything else, say Rayman is back.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want. No, they're gonna do though.
Speaker 1: The only other thing they did mention is one or one hundred seventeen Pax Romana.
Speaker 3: That's gonna save them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're city building games. That's a little different, right. I bet that has life service stuff in it. And then they're gonna do some more stuff on mobile. All this is coming along well. We haven't provided more color for fiscal year twenty twenty six, but we will have more to share by the time of May. And as I've just said, we have a strong platform for future years across these two verticals.
Speaker 2: It's never been more clear. How out of touch these people are is unbelievable. This is definitely dementia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah, for French dementia too, which is really rough and just no idea, which you just said, Yeah, all right, so let's keep going here. Why some fans are cheering the return of loot boxes in Overwatch twos is from Kenneth Shepherd over at Kataku. One of the funny things about being entrenched in the games community for years is that you sometimes forget how it might look to someone on the outside. That happened to be this week when Blizzard announced it would be bringing back loop boxes to Overwatch two in season fifteen, afterpping the mystery cosmetic packs when the sequel launched in twenty twenty two. When I saw that, my immediate thought was, oh, so the people who wanted those bag finally got what they wanted. And then I mentally moved on to the next thing kind of goes on here, right to explain, like, oh, this must look weird to people who aren't into Overwatch two, who are like, wait, why is everyone cheering loot boxes again? What's going on? Have I slipped into some other dimension? And it's like, no, this is the one game where everyone's like that was just better, mostly because you could earn enough free currency to get a free loot box once every couple of days if you were playing regularly, and that felt like a pretty fair thing versus what it became, which was really expensive items in the shop and you kind of couldn't grind out free things over time. Although of course it's always like, oh the compared, so what's better than that's just random gambling and hoping you get what you want in a loop box. It's like, well, turns out, yes, that's the case. You were like huge in Overwatch. You were. I know a lot of Overwatch fans felt this way that the loot box were better than what they went to. Were you in that crowd?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the loop boxes were not. I feel like early Overwatch days, the loop boxes were a thing that would make you feel good about playing and you didn't necessarily need to buy them. I did buy a few times, but it was mainly because it was like, I have now played this game for one hundred hours. I'm going to spend a bit of money. Kick them some money every now and then to to you know, yeah, make make sure that the wheels are still greased and they can keep making stuff. It didn't feel predatory, is the thing. That's not to say it was a predatory, because it still existed at a time when still people were using loop boxes to be predatory in a lot of ways. But the predatory nature of how you you know, monetize games shifted in a way that now over Watch two reflects, and it was you know, it was the counter Strike Global Offensive skins market that went in to the Valoris shop system, which both together basically made it so you would buy a skin for like thirty to forty dollars baseline, and if you wanted a really good one on like in the count Struck, you could find the skin that you could then sell for like hundreds and hundreds of dollars. I know at least one person, my younger brother actually, who like found us, got a skin, sat on it and then sold it and built himself a new PC just with the with the what just with the kind of like money he got out of that and I had money left over. And I was like, damn, good for you man, Yeah, good for you man. But I think he also fucking tricked me into sending him that skin because I had that skin my count so he was like, Ah, this skin sucks.
Speaker 3: Can I have it?
Speaker 2: Like sent it to him and he was like aha, moltivleyeah, And I was like, I don't care.
Speaker 3: You could have just told me you're going to do that, or to give it to you.
Speaker 1: I think I got a skirt in early PUBG that I sold for fifteen dollars you know of Steam credit doodle.
Speaker 2: When PUBG first came out, they gave Press a series of like skin stuff like equipment that was exclusive to Press only for a very long time.
Speaker 3: That shit was crazy expensive.
Speaker 2: If you sold it on the Steam marketplace, it was like selling for a few grand yep, yep.
Speaker 3: You can believe it had a wild economy.
Speaker 2: That shit was just like rotting in my inventory years And I was like, oh, I get a shit about this. I don't know anyone that sold it, but fucking that is, I remember the hearing stories about how much that thing cost to buy as well.
Speaker 1: All right, last story here. AMD to introduce the world to the Radiant RX nine thousand series. At the end of the month, we'll see how this all pans out. But yeah, February twenty eighth, they're going to have a you know, a show to showcase these new GPUs that will be meant to compete with the RTX five thousand for Nvidia, although you know, enthusiasts in this space are kind of all agree, don't expect anything that's going to compete with like the fifty ninety, and probably not even the fifty eighty. AMD has just kind of giving up the fight on the high end, which is one of the reasons why people are so disappointed with the fifty eighty. It's because they don't in Vidia doesn't seem like they're worried about what AMD is going to do. That said, you know, fifty eighties one thousand dollars, most people do not buy graphics cards that are that expensive, and once you get kind of below that that point, anything like seven hundred in below, AMD does compete really well and actually does keep the prices down a little bit and probably will have really good alternatives. I think, you know, the problem just continues to be if you want to run a game at like fourteen forty sixty, there's a lot of there's a lot of graphics cards out there that are already going to do that very well. And then if you want to like get the extra little gizmos on top, like Rage Racing, well then you kind of are stuck back. Going over to in video, yeah, actors and stuff is just better.
Speaker 2: I when I look at AMD, I think that it is competitive, but I think of it as competitive in a responsible way. Yeah, because they're not trying to match end Video because AMD isn't the same kind of company that n Video is and Video. I don't know if people are paying attention, but and Video is one of the most valuable companies in the world right now because it is not just making graphics cards.
Speaker 1: Is like.
Speaker 2: Head of the spear on AI and like various other chip manufacturing stuff. They are like company number one when it comes to that kind of stuff. So their AMD isn't capable of making a graphics card that also is you know, loaded with AI driven technology that will you know, generate frames to make things run better, and they're not set up to responsibly compete in that market, and if they did, if they tried to, I imagine it would probably sink them pretty quickly. It's just like the n Video is punching so far above anyone else's weights that wait that you just cannot compete with them, which honestly good for them, Like they they they made good they make good graphics cards, they make good tech.
Speaker 1: And the early investments in AI and a lot of stuff was like hey for gpews and it turned out that paid off real well for this whole yeah business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hope is that they also don't price out people and become like you know, they too too expensive for most average people, because then that would mean people will start looking elsewhere. And AMD is already a good option if you want a good graphics card that isn't too expensive.
Speaker 1: Intel's becoming a really good option at the country level, like so yeah, there's competition there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And ny video also has some like low lower, lower kind of priced graphics cards that are still very good, like you can buy I think a thirty eighty now or relatively cheap and it still runs games really really well. I know because I have a thirty eighty in one of my PCs, and pretty much every recent game that's come out, that's what I.
Speaker 1: Use on this PC on the TV over here. Yeah that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, same, the same.
Speaker 2: Like I have the two PCs hooked up to that TV over there, and I just a lot of the times I'll use the one that has the thirty eight in it because it's just like, I don't need to fire up this more powerful like a PC, just leave it as it is. And yeah, there are there are options out there. It's just AMD is not able to kind of compete with n Video because n Video isn't It isn't making graphics cards anymore. It is defining and innovating technology and hardware and chips and AI and algorithms in a way that makes them not a company that makes graphics cards.
Speaker 3: They make cars.
Speaker 2: They make Because I went to an end Video event and they were showing off what the new graphics cards.
Speaker 1: Are being used for AI and car.
Speaker 2: They were showing us things they're AI and cars. They also showed us this lengthy kind of presentation on how they've built a an AI model that lets you effectively plan out how factories work and you can integrate AI to help people more efficiently work in factories. And it's had like a lot of these little drones just knocking about, moving things away around and people moving in between them, and I was like, this is insane, this is crazy, and like that, and like buildings like architecture, that's what in video makes now.
Speaker 1: Yep, and the like. When they do focus on the AI business, they are selling like cards that are ten thousand dollars, not one thousand, two thousand dollars, you know, fifty ninety. There's some one card that's ten thousand dollars and they're selling ten thousand of those cards to one vendor at a time. So like, you know, that was the thing like oh, Deep Seek, the Chinese AI company, Oh, they bought like hundreds of millions of dollars worth of Nvidia GPUs apparently or something like that. And it's like that's just one company off of them. Oh yeah, exactly, And all these companies are doing the same thing. There are massive investments, and Nvidia is kind of the only company really providing the chips for that kind of AI in a lot of ways. Although you know that one of the things deep Seak apparently did was fine. Ways to get it that stuff to run better on less powerful.
Speaker 2: GPUs Deep Seek is one of the funniest moments in recent tech history.
Speaker 3: But they were just like, ah, we did it. It's cheaper.
Speaker 2: These these people who are telling you a expensive and only they can do it airline yep, see you.
Speaker 1: All right. I got to pull a question from yesterday. Let's get to it. Grade the state of play where four stars is the highest. See here, what will work our way up? One star? Eleven percent people? Eleven percent of respondents gave it one star season, thirty seven percent of respondents gave it two stars, forty seven percent gave it three stars, and then five percent gave it four stars. So you know, the bell curve is weighted more towards the lower side, but more like the plurality of people agree three stars. Almost half said three stars, which is what I voted for, Tam, I think that showcase was pretty pretty good, pretty good, said not everything for me, but pretty good overall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say three is about right, yeah, about right?
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, we got the result results from that. I have a new poll question. We'll get to here in a second. Before we do that, though, Tam, why don't to tell people where they can find you on the internet what you have going on, all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You'll find me everywhere tomorrow H. I am on Instagram as tomorrow H please follow me for various life reasons that will help me massively. And I'm on plase guy tomorrow H dot com, Twitch is tomor H.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm all tom H everywhere and all over that shit. You know I'm saying, You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right, So let's see your new poll question. What March games are you most looking forward to? Your options are Split Fiction, Assassin's Creed, Shadows, Sweek It in one and two remaster, and the first Berserker Kazan starring Ben Starr. There you go. We'll get the results of that. Talk about it on Game US Mornings here on Giant Bomb on Monday. Trying to think, bot.
Speaker 2: If you want to have actual discussion about split Fiction, yes, you can go watch Rising Rising Revengeance. Now, I guess Giant Bomb Revenge.
Speaker 1: How's that possible, Tam? How that game's not out yet? How will we possibly be able to talk about it?
Speaker 3: Previews?
Speaker 1: Sam? To go play that? To go play it?
Speaker 2: So Jan Lucy, we were there playing it, but I think it'll be me and Nikki talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yep. We'll also be talking about Avowed, Tam. You've been playing that as well. I'm looking forward to that conversation. And then we will have Nathan Grayson on to talk about his book stream Big It's about Twitch. That'll be happening at one pm Eastern, so about an hour from now. Look forward to that. Additionally, we'll have a upf after that, and then everyone should go enjoy their Valentine's Day. That's what I say.
Speaker 2: Hi, Oh man, I have got my Valentine ready.
Speaker 1: Oh this is right? Oh there it is. Look at that. Look at that beauty. I already got that. That's Peggy sixteen. Excuse me, Bloodborne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the love of my life.
Speaker 1: You guys you look so happy together. Oh look at that.
Speaker 3: Oh good, it's just for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, just keep it. Got to keep it a tease, Keep it a tease.
Speaker 3: I do have a side piece though, Oh yeah, I got I got a side piece.
Speaker 1: Yeah go look oh there you go. Okay, man, that's a side piece. That's pretty good too, dark souls. Okay, all right, Tam, thank you so much, hanging out with me today and talking about video games despite your torrid love affair with the from Software Library.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody for watching, Thank you for listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.