Speaker 1: It is time for the Minnesota good Bye. And I gave you the email address up front if you want to be part of the Minnesota Goodbye. It's Ryan Show at KDWBET dot com. Because I read somewhere that people a lot of the time they don't listen to the entire podcast, not just our podcast, but any podcast, because if you're out on a run or going on a grocery run or whatever, what if you don't make it all the way to the end. Yeah, and let's say you're listening to, you know, like some sort of history or drama or true crime podcast. What if you don't have time? Right, but if you're done with your workout, well you don't hear the email. Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.
Speaker 2: Good thing you told us early.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so the show is mostly based on emails. You know, what's just occurring to me because we've talked about this on the show, and I don't want to keep bringing it up and trying to be morose, but it's obviously kind of like encompassing. My entire frame of thought was Josie dying. And then somebody wrote in a little while ago and they said something like, yeah, our dog went through the same thing and they couldn't it up, and so we you know, gave it a day or two and they fully recovered. And I'm like, oh, because I will tell you this is one of the things when you put a dog down, you wonder whether they would have gotten better, you know, And I'm nearly certain she wouldn't have. I think she had a stroke and the vet agreed it was time. And she was sixteen. Yeah, but it's one of the things that you wonder, like not anythings with the hard part about putting the dog down. Yeah, is it time? Do we do it now? How did you know when you had to put Mickey down?
Speaker 2: Jenny?
Speaker 3: It was Andrew's decision, Like that was his dog. Originally she lived with us and everything, but he got her when he was like twenty years old, So that was his decision to make. And it was just a matter of like, she couldn't really go up and downstairs anymore. Her eyesight was so so bad. She could never find if we She kind of knew our house decent enough, but she could never find her a way around anywhere else. And so just her quality of life had declined so much that Andrew thought it was time to put her down, Okay, Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes, you know, and some people might have different standards, and I think it. You know, I was putting Josie out the other day and sometimes she would step off the front porch and she would stumble and like roll over, and I thought, Man, if somebody would walk by, they might think, good lord, let that dog go. She's not in any good shape. But she didn't stumble all the time. Yeah, just some of the time. There was something else that's going to ask you about, Mickey, and I can't quite remember. Maybe maybe it'll come to me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mickey only had two stairs off of our back porch, and she would fall off of them like every time, pretty much towards the end of her life. It was she just couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I know it is going to ask you, did Mickey, or as you're listening to this podcast, does your dog intimately know your house and your neighborhood? And isn't it cool? How like I would let Josie out of the candle and she knew which way to run to get to the front door. Yeah, Well, of course she did, because she'd done it a million times when she'd come in through the front door. She would run to her food bowl because she knew exactly where it was, even though it was a ways from the front door. And we'd go for a walk around the neighborhood. She would know when we got back to our house because she would pull to go up the driveway. Yeah, and if we were on the other side of the street a block from the house, she knew we had to cross the street to get back to the house. And I was always very impressed by that. It's like, that's a pretty smart dog to know, Hey, that's your house is nowhere near here, but you know you need to cross the street to get back home.
Speaker 2: Didn't Mickey know that she knew the house pretty well.
Speaker 3: I mean, she was pretty old by the time we did move into my house, but she did know. I mean, the sunroom was her room. That's pretty much the only room she ever stayed in. She slept on the sunroom couch most of the time. She just wasn't as active in the later part of her life. She still liked to go on walks, but they had to be pretty short walks. There was like one walk I remember taking around that I had to carry her the last like block because I could just tell it was like too hard for her, Like she could have done it, but it was like I had taken her too far. So but yeah, she definitely knew the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Susan took her for a walk, like a two mile walk the other day and she's like, that's probably what killed her, And I said no, I said, that was probably really good for her. And I think one of the reasons Josie lives so long is because, like the rest of us, she was weigh into fitness.
Speaker 2: She's super inofinitous, she was.
Speaker 1: Weighing to fitness. Yeah she loved, Yeah she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has burger in my mouth.
Speaker 1: She she was always I mean she she ran with me for years and years, probably put thousands of miles on that dog, and then lots of walks and lots of hikes. So and I think that helped her live a long time. Anyway, thanks for all the nice messages. We appreciate that. We're going to move on to something completely different. Remember last week we had some debate about whether you should sit in the first class section if you have an infant and the infant might scream and cry the entire flight and ruin the flight for somebody else and most people. Jenny says, you absolutely should. Friends of mine, I asked them and they said, yeah, you should. What's the problem with it? And this text for rachel or a message she says, I want to provide a counterpoint to the person who email on Friday about babies should be able to sit in first class and if you can afford to sit in first class, you can provide afford to buy noise canceling headphones. But what if I never fly first class and I saved up and splurged on a once in a lifetime trip for me and it's the only time I'll sit in first class and it's ruined by a baby crying the whole time. I would be pretty annoyed. Honestly. The expectation is people that sit in first class are all richer people that fly that way all the time, But that's not always the case. To Jenny's point, it's not really fair to the people in economy to hear a baby crying either, but I feel like it's more expected as people rarely sit in first class with a baby, and if someone who doesn't normally sit in first class splurge is to sit there. I think the expectation is that it will be nicer, fancier, quieter experience. That is my two cents. Yeah, I kind of agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good take on it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a hard thing to say because I feel like you're in a public place and I think you had equated it to going to like a Hilton versus some Super eight motel or whatever. It is, like you choose one way or another. But I feel like on an airplane it's one, Like it's classless on an airplane, like, yes, you can afford first class, but at the same time, like I guess I don't really understand.
Speaker 1: Well, think about it this way. If you're in first class, you're going to die first when you plunge into a mountain side.
Speaker 2: I like to sit at the back of the plane.
Speaker 1: So you have a couple of extra milliseconds to live until you die, and you can see the people in the front basically explode into flames fun and you'd be like, oh damn, and it's over.
Speaker 4: What if it turns into like a pile up? So everybody in front of you, and then since you're in.
Speaker 1: The back row, y'all skid to the front.
Speaker 4: Well, no, like you get to you're on top, so you actually get out alive because you were.
Speaker 2: In the background, on top of the people, on top of everybody else.
Speaker 1: I think I like that way of thinking.
Speaker 2: Sounds right.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you we've flown first class a few times, and it's not worth it to spend a lot more extra money in first class. It depends on what you considered. Like when we flew to Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago, we looked at upgrade into first class and it was like five hundred dollars apiece to upgrade to first class. We're like, oh, no, it's just not worth it. I mean, I guess it depends on what your upgrade level would be. I I'm gonna throw something else at you. Yeah, ahe speaking of not being able to afford things, I got a little thing with I'm going to go back to the dog thing for a minute. So my sister, Vivian, she's about seventy seven years old. Her husband died about five years ago, and she had a dog named Sheila. Sheila died, so Vivian is all alone. Vivian doesn't work she's pretty lonely. She's got a daughter. She's the mother of my nephew in prison. So she's got a wonderful daughter. Her daughter is wonderful. Vivian has dropped a couple of hints that she would like to get a new dog, but she can't afford it. Well, I said, don't worry, I'm going to buy you a dog. How much is it. She's like, well, two hundred dollars down to the shelter. I can't afford that. I will gladly pay for you to get a dog down to the shelter. And if you need vet bills and food and shots or whatever, I'll spring for that, too happy to do it. She's lonely and a dog is a wonderful companion. But her daughter said, no, don't get her a dog. She can't afford it. And you don't want to push a dog on somebody who doesn't want one. And she said, I know that you're all in your fields right now about Josie, but you don't need to get my mom a dog. And I was like, it wasn't me wanting to get her a dog, it was her kind of asking for a dog. And I don't know, it was just kind of a weird thing. It's like, I do want to buy her a dog? Yeah, because she's alone, right, And do you.
Speaker 3: Think it's a matter of Okay, I know you said she's in her seventies. Dogs can live for a certain amount of time, so maybe the daughters thinking like, hey, well, what happens that dog? If anything happens to my mom, am I now responsible for that dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that would be a hard one. I wonder what happens when people like don't want mom or Grandma's dog, and mom or Grandma die and then it's like, oh God, I get this dog that I don't want, Well, well I give it away, And that seems really sad. The dog goes from a loving home to an unknown home at the age of seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean that's if she gets like a puppy or a young dog. But there are plenty of dogs that are older that also need home, So she could get a dog that's already seven and then yeah, I mean, I those dogs need homes.
Speaker 1: I'll let it sit for a while, but I think I want to write back to my niece, who is a wonderful person, and I don't think she listens to the podcast podcast. But she's a wonderful person, but I want to give it a little bit of time. It's like, no, this has nothing to do with me being in my fields about Josie. Yeah, it's your mom's lonely, right, Yeah, And she's got a fucking son in prison, and she's got a great daughter, but she also sits alone in her house a lot of the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's not that she's like, don't get my mom a dog, but you're getting your sister a dog.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a little nervous about when so my younger sister lives at home with my mom, and my younger sister has a dog. That dog and my mom are so tight now, like to the point that I think the dog might like my mom a little bit more. But my mom treats that dog like better than she treats me and my sisters. And so I'm nervous for when my sister moves out and takes Clay with her, because I feel like my mom's gonna get really lonely, and I'll probably feel the same way as you Dave, like I'll.
Speaker 2: Want to get her a dog or something.
Speaker 1: We'll see okay next one. Email Ryan Show at katiwb dot com. Send your emails. We always love that. Hey all, you can use my name, which is Megan. I had a memory pop up that's nothing to do with meeting you, but a memory from the show. Eight or ten years ago. My partner works overnight sometimes at a company in man Cato. On his way home from work one morning, he saw a woman get hit by a semi. He got out of his car and noticed her Doberman was running around the intersection where she was hit. Luckily, when he got to the woman that was hit, she was awake and alive. About three months later, I'm listening to my favorite radio show, Jenny in the Morning Zoo, and this woman wrote into when tickets are something I can't remember. She wrote in said she was from man Cato and was about to go back to work after being laid up because she was hit by a semi. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I thought, there's no way it was the same person. Then she mentioned her dog that was a Dobernwan Doberman named Diesel. No way, it's not a different person. Anyway, I thought it was a cool story. My partner thought I should have won. He should have won tickets for calling the ambulance for her. Thanks for reading my long story. Isn't that funny how so many people have different connections to Katie Bow. We hear about these all the time, So thank you. That is a really unusual I don't remember that to you.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry I don't.
Speaker 1: Remember another one. Let's see a Good Morning FAM staff writer Julia here. I don't don't think I've read this one, but if it sounds familiar, stop me. First want to say, this current group of Yappers is quite possibly the most cohesive that's been in some time, and I am here for it. I'm finally at home, listen to the show as supposed to driving, and I got to write into Bailey's ideal way of meeting a guy. I'll keep it short. Although I can't speak on events and adventures, I hear this deep membership fee weeds out a lot of weirdos and provides fun thing to do as opposed to always having to plan your own dates. So events and adventures you charge for it. It's more, maybe more expensive, so that means like you know the guy that works at Jimmy John's part time and lives in mama's basement. Smells like piss. Yeah, he's not going to join. He can't afford it. Yeah, okay, well he does he smell this smells like pits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll pass on that guy, But I mean, is he hot?
Speaker 1: Anyway? She says, to speak more to tender. It has a bad rep, and I can understand that, but it casts the widest net. And then she goes on for quite a long story about meeting someone on and they said they did meet my current partner the day after Thanksgiving, and anyway, it sounds like everything is working out. Okay, Like I said, it's a rather long email.
Speaker 2: On Tinder, she met them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like they met him on Tender.
Speaker 4: So yeah, quite a few friends that met their partner's husbands whatever on Tinder. And I just I don't know. I don't care for the swipey apps. I just don't want to do it anymore. I've done it before, I did it all of my twenties and it just like I opened the app and I immediately get the ick, and I just don't want to be on it anymore.
Speaker 3: My sister said that Tender rebranded for the fact that it was kind of known as the hookah app that now you can straight up put in your profile or pick like a certain version where.
Speaker 4: You can say if you're interested in Yeah, they have like where you I'm not sure about Tinder because I haven't had that in a while, but like they have it where you can say interested in something casual, something long term friendship, blah blah blah. But I think honestly, guys just check it all of the boxes because they're just interested in anything, like I'll take what I can get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay. Next one, please from Jennifer, Please teach me grammar because based on this show, I have been taught all wrong. I think she means this show my friend, me and my friends versus my friends and I. I think the rule is if you were to leave out the other people and just include the first word, would it sound right? So if you're like me and my friends went down to the hockey game, take out my friends, me went down to the hockey game. Yeah, that doesn't work, so you would say my friends and I. Because if you take out my friends, you could still say I went down to the hockey game. Is that the way you remember it.
Speaker 3: That's the well I think my friends and I would be. Then my friends went down to the hockey game. Is the way that you just did the example.
Speaker 1: No, no, she checking out, you're taking out the.
Speaker 4: Friends, or my sister and I went to the bar. Yeah, so it's still proper.
Speaker 1: If you take out my sister, you would say I went to the bar, but you wouldn't say my sister and me went to the bar, because if you take out my sister, then the sentence becomes me went to the bar.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense to Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I know that's right. And I my dad is such a grammar guy, and he would get on me and my sister all the time. So I also know when people say these ones are those ones, that's incorrect grammar. You're supposed to just say these or yeah, yep, not these ones those ones. And then you can't do something on accident. You do something by accident when sim's like, oh yeah, yeah, your.
Speaker 1: Dad sounds like a dick.
Speaker 4: I'm joking a joke, but he would, I mean, he'd get on our case all the time about it.
Speaker 2: So me and my sister are very very cool.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't have a grammar in my house, and it was like it was a lot of aints.
Speaker 4: Ain't And Tuesday go to the car in Wiscon and here are the grammar there?
Speaker 3: Because it's not there's none. There's no proper grammar in Wisconsin. It is hilarious.
Speaker 1: I want to go to a bar with Scott's more emails on the Minnesota goodbye. Let me push the correct button, and she owed, this is the same one she was talking about my friends and me versus my friends and I. She says, I've been taught that if you leave out the other party, the sentence should still make sense, and that's kind of what we just said. So I'd like to settle this once and for all, which is correct. Well, you are correct, because this is exactly what we said a little while ago. If you leave out the other party and it still makes sense. My friends and me are going sledding.
Speaker 2: Me are going slowly.
Speaker 1: You take out my friends. Yeah, it's now me are going sledding. So my friends and I are going sledding. So I am going sledding. Yeah, Bailey and I are not speaking. Bailey and I are not well, I mean, Bailey and me are not speaking me are not speaking? Yeah, okay, that's a bad example. Anyway, Enough on that one. Thank you. That was very interesting.
Speaker 2: Why aren't we speaking?
Speaker 1: Your attitude? What Jenny was pondering her name if she married Andrew? Consider these options? What is your last name, Jenny?
Speaker 2: Mine is Lutenberger, and what's his name? Newton?
Speaker 1: How about Jenny Newtonberger cute or Jenny Newton Lutenberger, Jenny Newton, Jenny Newton Lutenberger. I like that one.
Speaker 2: I like it, just too long.
Speaker 1: Jenny Newtenberger Newton Berger.
Speaker 3: I feel like that one's a little bit better, But then his full name is still in there, and only part of mine is. I can't decide it doesn't and it's not a decision I need to make right now anyways, So that's true.
Speaker 2: No, Schuttenberger.
Speaker 4: I'm not engaged and or dating anyone, but I have a feeling I would never want to change my last name. I feel like my mom has led me to believe that I am Bailey House forever until I die. So though my first boyfriend's last name was Darling, and I always thought that.
Speaker 5: Would be the key Judas Bailey Darling name Ever, can I tell you My wife goes to a doctor whose name is doctor Harder, and it makes me laugh.
Speaker 1: Doctor Harder, Doctor harder than doctor Harder. It's a woman though. That's a funny thing, Doctor Harder, And I hope this doesn't get back to doctor Harder and embarrasses her. But at the same time, she's got it, She's used to it. I'm an eye doctor, and I'm not making this up. Doctor doctor. His name is doctor doctor.
Speaker 2: Is it spelled docto r?
Speaker 1: I believe so, yeah, wow, doctor doctor.
Speaker 4: I would love to marry someone with the last name of Bailey because that would be absolutely hilarious if I was Bailey Bailey and I would one hundred change my last name to Bailey.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Bailey Baily.
Speaker 2: Bit, that would be a bit Bailey da Bailey.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see what else we got here, kind of skipping around a little bit, hold on, that might be it. Okay, there's one. There's one more, uh, Brandon writes in super random as I scold scroll through my reels. Now, I'll explain what he's referring to. First. Here there are videos where somebody will sit in their car and they will purposely get pulled over by the police, and they have the video rolling the entire time because they want to catch the cop doing something wrong. For example, there's one I watched the other day and it's this guy and he's like a middle aged fat ball guy, and they pull him over and there's two cops that are saying, we're arresting you because and he's like, he's like, fuck you, you can't arrest me. And they're like, you know, whatever you did, you disturbed the piece. He's like, no, fuck you, blah blah blah. And so they just annoy me because I know that. Let me read Brandon's email first, and then I will tell you my side of the story. Okay, So he says, I find it interesting, Dave, that you don't like the social media people that get views by interacting with cops in a way that demonstrates his citizens' rights. In my experience, every video I watch with this theme is followed is following the law by the person being pulled over, and they are demonstrating what is legally required at a traffic stop. I appreciate the work police officers do, but I also know that some abuse powers and take advantage of their position. If anything, I think these people are. These are very specific examples of constitutional rights being violated, and the videos are proof of that. Okay, I don't think that you should poke the bear. Cops are human. They might have had a bad day. They might not be aware of every rule and regulation that you went on YouTube and now think you know because a lot of these people are misinformed. They think that it's illegal for the cop to look at them cross eyed, but you know what I mean. So they'll be like, ah, you looked at me cross eye. That's illegal, And it turns out that they're wrong, and a lot of the time they are wrong. But at the same time, cops have got a shitty job. They got to pull dead bodies out of a car wreck, They've got to interviewing in a domestic dispute, they've got to break up a bar fight. They've got to go to somebody's house and say, your dad just died in a car accident. Why are you going to be a fuckhead and deal and mess with cops just to prove how smart you are? And I get yes, cops should be trained and they should know all the constitutional intricacies and all of that, but why fuck with them? You know you've got a hard job. I wouldn't want somebody who comes in here who's an expert on radio and say, well, you know, Dave, what you really should say is blah blah blah, be like, you know what, fuck you your thoughts, Jenny, your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that people will do anything for clicks nowadays, So I'm kind of just disgusted by anything that is like sole purposes to rage bait people.
Speaker 2: I just don't like those in general.
Speaker 3: I do have feelings about the way that law enforcement is in one way or another, but that's my own part, personal opinion. And yeah, I don't know. I don't watch those videos because I I don't like them.
Speaker 1: Well it's not your it's not I don't really like them either. This annoying to me.
Speaker 2: Just seems like a weird thing to do with your day, Like do something else, do anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, next one, and we'll do make this a last one. Remember the March bucket list and the January bucket list, So this is Kaylee. She's back again. Here are our March bucket list calendar items and I'm gonna zip through them kind of quickly, but you can always, you know, rewind on the podcast, and and you know, write down or remember the ones that appeal to you. Here we go, start seeds indoors, have a spring cleaning day, make a spring craft thrift, an easter basket, paint a rainbow, visit a butterfly sanctuary thrift a pastel clothing item, make your own flower pot, memorize a poem, explore budding flowers, paint wooden easter eggs, decorate for spring, go bird spotting, make a bird feeder, wear green on St. Patrick's Day, and have a four leaf clover hunt. Happy almost spring from Kayley. Thank you, Kayley, that's really cool.
Speaker 4: I wrote down start seeds indoors because I have a little bitty tiny garden and I always think I should start my seeds early and.
Speaker 2: I never do. And you reminded me. So I wrote it on my hand seeds.
Speaker 1: You wrote it on your hand.
Speaker 2: I'll do it today.
Speaker 1: I'll do it. Do you really I've never noticed that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I can remember to do it drives my mom insane.
Speaker 1: But I can't write on my hand. It hurts. It's very uncomfortable. Nobody why, I just well, I don't like the feel of a pen digging into my flesh.
Speaker 2: Why are you writing that hard?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know, because it's not a very good pen. Yeah, that is enough. Send your emails in to Ryanshow at KDWB dot com. Seriously, we love it. We every time we open this email box, it's like Christmas morning. It's like, what are we gonna get? Send it in Ryanshow at KDWB dot com. I will say, there's a few that we did not get to today that we will save for tomorrow. But it's always good to have an abundance