Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome to this Guari.
Speaker 2: It's Friday, Emptonnon in the Tri State.
Speaker 1: Things appear great today, but all hell's about to break loose tonight and tomorrow with rain and hailstorms and high winds and tornadoes and more. Better stay tuned for that. Keep your feet on the ground, but keep your eyes on the sky for the next two or three days. Joining you and I now is Leland Vender of News Nation every Monday through Friday at nine o'clock, Leland Vidit welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: And Leland.
Speaker 1: First of all, you did a segment the last couple of nights about about a wartime president, and I thought it was excellent because we may look back on the start of what's happening in the Ukraine. What's happening now Putin appears to of course, he likes peace, of course, but he has his certain conditions which make peace impossible. We're dealing with a maniacal mass murderer in Vladimir Putin. So before we talk about tariffs in Canada becoming our fifty first state, talk to the American people about the wartime president and your war notes dot Com and why you think this could be a precursor to something much more dangerous in the world.
Speaker 3: You know, Bill, American has been through some pretty difficult times, and we forget that, right the Revolution, Civil War to World Wars, the Great Depression nine to eleven, and every time our president has rallied us together and has told us that the times that we are in our difficult these are the sacrifices that are going to be required, oftentimes the ultimate sacrifice by brave Americans. But it's going to be worth it in the end.
Speaker 2: And here's why.
Speaker 3: And that I think is what's missing from Donald Trump's rhetoric right now, is that we are very much a wartime country. He is a wartime president economically, trade, warwise, certainly when it comes to Ukraine. There is a real war that America is involved in the Middle East, and we haven't yet heard that kind of rhetoric from Donald Trump. The American people are remarkably resilient and also remarkably accepting of sacrifice. Think about how Roosevelt getting re elected during World War Two when you know tens of thousands of Americans were dying. So America is will thinking about Nixon getting reelected. Americans are willing to sacrifice and to stick by their leader when their leader is telling them why they're sacrificing. I think, especially when it comes to the economy in tariffs, that is something really lacking right now from President Trump.
Speaker 1: And including George Bush and twenty oh four, Bush forty three was not much of an order. He was, I think a failed president for all kinds of reasons. But he was able to rally the nation in twenty oh four with the Trilateral, the Three Demons of deceit all over the Middle East and also in North Korea and China and Rondo. You know, he was able to do it. And I think Trump has it in him. When I watched about half of the speech and the Joint Session about ten days ago, he had soaring rhetoric at the end of a speech. But the character of Donald Trump is to punch and CounterPunch and keep punching and counterpunching until your opponent is gone.
Speaker 2: And I'm not sure he can.
Speaker 1: Be I suppose, but if you would ask the average person in New York, Atlanta, Cincinnati, or Las Vegas, hey are we.
Speaker 2: On a wartime footing?
Speaker 1: I think ninety nine percent would say no, the American people don't feel like we're on the beginning of World War three, which the Trumpster has talked about. But the American people don't appreciate the trade wars in the southern border Ukraine and Israel.
Speaker 2: We got North Korea.
Speaker 1: How about this that China has these large barges they've put off their coast to have a to have like a D Day invasion of Taiwan. I saw the photographs on a satellite last night. I'm thinking, you gotta be kidding me. These large barges are ready to launch against Taiwan with tens of thousands of Chinese soldiers and also tanks. And why would they do that if they weren't planning soon on invading Taiwan. And if that happens, then I'll hell breaks list. Why don't the American people recognize what we're going to war somewhere in a big way?
Speaker 3: I think the American people recognize that they're hurting. You At the average American in any of the cities that you talked about, Hey does your paycheck last to the end of the month. Hey, are you better off now than you were before COVID? Do you feel do you feel economically more secure? Hey, how do you feel about the world right now? Feels kind of crazy, doesn't it. They may not articulate the wartime, they may not like the connection, but that's how they feel. And that to me is that the president needs to respond to how the American people feel, and he's not.
Speaker 2: Not at this point. Not at this point.
Speaker 1: And I pray to God China does not invade Taiwan. I like to think Vladimir Putin say, you know what, a million Russian soldiers have been killed and mained.
Speaker 2: It's time to stop that.
Speaker 1: I would like to think Hamas would say, okay, unconditional surrender. We lost the war Israel, you one come in, we will surrender our hostages and give up.
Speaker 2: I don't see that happening.
Speaker 1: And on the southern border, we're about to deputize I think large numbers of private contractors to exact from this country illegal aliens, which is going to cause more of a frame.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about the Eric Prince play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Eric Prince, Yeah, it's not going to happen. I don't think so, but I know it's being discussed. But well, it's up to the leadership.
Speaker 3: Eric on this Eric on the show.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna happen, and I think that would cause turmoil. But at this point, we'll see. All I can say is we'll see what happens. Secondly, about Canada, you did a great segment on this, and I mentioned it about a week ago that why in the world would a Republican president every went Canada to become the fifty first state when they're a little bit bigger than California. Give us the numbers if this happens, which I think would be fanciful, that what would happen if Canada became the fifty first state?
Speaker 3: So Canada gets sixty seven electoral college fifty five members of the House, which ensures unquestionably no Republican ever wins the presidency and Republicans never control the House representatives again, and I'm likely to control the.
Speaker 2: Senate full stop right there, full stop.
Speaker 3: Look, math does not lie. So you can choose your own you can choose your own opinions, you can't choose your own facts. Those are the facts. It is perplexing to me. I guess the best argument Donald Trump could have if he wants to turn it into like a Puerto Rico like a territory or a protectorate, which again, why would you want to protect it. The fact that they have universal healthcare up there, which is our guest point out last night, is not universal. Less to healthcare is universal access to a waiting room and to high taxes. But I think the bigger point here is the Donald Trump trolling of Canada. It's kind of funny, but it might be missing the larger issue, which is that it is doing the opposite of what Trump wants to have happened in Canada. Because what Trump wants to have happened in Canada, it's a worthy goal, is to get rid of the liberal lunatic policies and government of Canada and replace it with a government that is more sane both on climate and therefore energy production, more willing to be an honest trading partner of the United States, more willing to commit to NATO, and more willing to have reasonable and tough immigration laws to stop the Chinese from exploiting Canada and from mass Muslim migration. Five very valid points. The problem is by continuing to call Canada the fifty first state, he is emboldening the liberal leadership in Canada. Canada we're about ready to elect a conservative prime minister. Now they're back on the liberal train. So we've got we may have to figure out how the art of the deal, the weed is going to come back here.
Speaker 1: In fact, months ago, it was an article of faith that liberalism had failed in Canada and their ex prime minister was to the left of Gavin Newsom, and that Canada was ready to try like constitutional conservatism, republicanism. That's out, that's out completely. And now the Canadians have united against America. And I would also point out, relative to the tariffs of this place into Canada, that I looked it up that Canada produces every year about two million automobiles, two million light vans, trucks and cars. Two million, the great majority come to America. And so a US senator friend of mine, I talked to him a couple of nights ago about this.
Speaker 2: I said, is Donald Trump this smart? He said, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I said, Well, Canada produces two million vehicles, the great majority of which come to America, and that the two major imports into America from Canada are cars from four GM Stillanis and others. And the other thing is energy. And honestly, he wants those cars. There's two million vehicles to be made here. And he also we have all the energy that we need. However, it's much cheaper to have it from Alberta than to have these new plants and pipelines, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I said, but long.
Speaker 1: Term, does he hold Canada's economic future in the palm of his hand?
Speaker 2: Referring to Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: And if you eliminate automobile production in Canada, which is a huge business two million cars every year, and on top of it, energy production, Canada almost collapses. And that's not good either, to have a collapse failed state on our northern border. That's angry at us. So I would ask you Leland Venderte of News Nation. Is Trump that smart or is he blundered into this blindly? To this is something that's going to hurt us in the long run because we need a stable trading partner.
Speaker 2: But they've been taking advantage of us.
Speaker 1: But can you imagine the Canadian economy with two million less vehicles and all that entails, plus no energy coming from Canada, What does Canada look like?
Speaker 3: What does Canada look like? It looks like a country that then looks to China.
Speaker 2: Well, they're begun.
Speaker 1: That turned now that they're talking about having closer relations to China and maybe Invoo, right, and I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: What and they did all this? They did all this after Donald Trump started talking about wanting to fifty, wanting him to be the fifty first state.
Speaker 2: Well, but.
Speaker 3: The problem with treating the presidency like a reality TV show, And We've done a lot of stories that the chaos theory in Donald Trump's way of doing business works. A lot of times. It yields results, and it does, but it comes at a cost, which is you turn something into a reality show, and sometimes you get these unintended consequences. You start talking about Canada the fifty first state, it sounds funny, It sort of galvanizes public opinion. It gets everybody a flutter, and it owns the libs in the United States and gets CNN, MSNBC all a gas, which is what Donald Trump like. That's all fine. Sometimes it works, sometimes it yields big results. But in this case, what it's done I think is it's had an unattended consequence. And and clearly when you do the you know, ready firm routine you missed sometimes disappears to be a mess.
Speaker 1: And I would say that Trudeau is more popular now and Canada has ever been. That the new premiere is one hundred percent organizing Canada against US, and maybe in the long run some deal will be struck where they're going to lower their barriers a lot more of our products into Canada and vice versa. You also have picked a huge fight with the fight with the EU. You can't find a Chevrolet or a Ford anywhere in Europe, but BMW's and Mercedes they're all over the all over the world. Here Ferraris, they're here, And doesn't Trumpster have a point that reciprocal tariffs make sense and that we don't have reciprocity now, and that Europeans are now getting mad at them for all kinds of reasons. I don't care much about Europeans. It's basically Europe right now is a museum. It's not a compilation of countries that are functioning. Europe is largely a museum for tourists to go and look at the glories of the past. But he's picking fights with everybody all over the world. And I go back to my conversation with his US senator. Is he that smart? Can he look ahead? Four or five moves and say, all of a sudden, the EU is going to lower their tariffs and our forge and Showy's going to be there with Canada. He's got them all riled up. At some point in next year or two, there's going to be a deal struck, and that we're going to have more farming products going there, more lumber going there, and that maybe a million cars we made in Canada instead of two million. And then on the southern border, we're going to have no illegal immigration whatsoever. And I hope Donald Trump is that smart, and I think maybe he is. If I had to vote today for him, I'd vote for him again ten times rather than the alternative, which was a disaster on the southern border. And whenever I argue with somebody who said, men, it looks like a lot of chaos, I said, he imagined the other side. What would America look like?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe Biden, these always say, don't compare me to the almighty, compare me to the alternatives, and everyone that's really great, and people came. It did work for a while, and that was how he talked about, don't compare me to Donald Trump and the chaos and it doesn't work because the American people don't think about the alternative. They think about their lives right now, and the blaming Joe Biden and the oh it could be worst line. It works on cable TV, and it is something that you know kind of right now because people still remember Joe Biden will have will be effective. It's not going to be effective in six months. It's just not That's not how the American people think. And Trump supporters can say it over and over and over again, but history tells us that that type of rhetoric just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Joe Biden didn't have the linguistic skills to overcome the arguments. And when Kamala Harris was talking about I promise to continue the Polish Joe Biden, that was the death knell of her campaign. If we could look at in six months, and let's say it's the middle of September and we have a the tax cuts are in effect, He's worked out trade deals all over the world, that Vladimir Putin has stopped his advances on the Ukraine, that Hamas largely has surrender had been obliterated by the by the Israeli military and the Chinese for those large barges off the east coast of their country ready to invade Taiwan doesn't happen, and there and there's flourish and there's great economy, the markets back up.
Speaker 2: Uh, would you be surprised?
Speaker 3: I think that is a awfully lot of bounces on the pool. Shot on the pool table, boom boom, Right? Is it? Is it possible? That? And I would think, really, we need to look to for a year, okay, and in that that Trump has brought about significant good change into your point, trade deals have have changed, that there's something different in Ukraine that the continuing meat grinder has stopped. I wouldn't. I would be surprised if Vladimir Putin had been put in his place. Really, that the Chinese, in one way or another, back down, and that Israel has wiped out her mind.
Speaker 1: Oh well, and and no illegal migration, that's all stopped.
Speaker 2: There's balanced budgets in the States, he's.
Speaker 3: On the border, he's won the board. And why they're not talking about that more? I don't understand. It's perplexing to me. Take your wins and celebrate your wins, which is rule number one in politics. He did what Joe Biden. He did in one month with Joe Biden said couldn't be done in four years. So that's an important point. But I think that did Donald Trump sort of legacy right is going to be written after for years and certainly after a year this all these like all the and I asked them Republicans yesterday, you know, the freak out in bed wedding for lack of a better term over tariffs, and that, you know, the the ten percent dip in the stock market and everything else, said get a grip, really like you may be right that this is going to be bad for the economy. You may be wrong, but we don't know right now. And the procrastinations are a lot. But the one thing that I think is clear about Trump. If he has a he has a game plan. He's following tune. You got it. You've got to see where this ends. And what is remarkable to me, and I think it's an undercovered story, is how Donald Trump has destroyed the Democrats. Democrats said Trump was going to destroy America. Trump has destroyed Democrats. They are right now. You've got Democrats rallying around a pro Haama Syrian and saying he can't be deported and refusing to vote for a bill that bans boys and girls sports. That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: That's real impressive, because when you rally around that Khalil character and say that boy, we're going to take our future on Khalil and boys playing girl sports and men playing in Wimbledon against women, and you stake your political life on that hill, you're going to die on that hill.
Speaker 2: But all right, we got to run.
Speaker 1: But Leland vetter to Warnotes dot Com Monday through Friday every night on News Nation, and to begin, you believe the president is a wartime president, and we pray that he wins these wars. As America generally does not accept World War two, but Leland vedit. Once again. Thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Leland, you're a great American. Thank you very much. Always fell God bless you. Let's continue with more. If you would tap on the shoulder of the average American and say, you know what, are we in a wartime footing? No, we're not on a wartime footing. He's worried about prices, worried about the stock market, that.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW