Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm doing you Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: The fourth and final hour coming up here on a Wednesday night in Boston. My name is Dan Ray, and this is WBZ, so let us reset here. Okay. We talked last hour about kind of a pre Halloween conversation about haunted homes and how they might affect people who live in haunted houses. And I want to thank my guest, Rachel Person, a realtor up a new report. Her group is a person in person group dot com and look, they deal with antique houses. I want to switch our focus now to the presidential race that is six days away a week from now next Wednesday. This race may be called maybe not. I want to share with you what my concerns are, and I hope that you will share with me your concerns. I have watched this race develop now, when you think about it, over eight years, going back to when Donald Trump first came down that escalator at Trump Tower and presented himself as a potential Republican nominee, I had real doubts about his ability to be elected, and certainly after the famous Billy Bush tape in twenty sixteen, I suggested and advocated that he would withdraw from the race. He didn't, and he got elected. Watched him during his presidency. You've heard my comments about him, which there were many of his policies which I think were good policies. But he survived himself with the cast of characters who some were competent, some were not, some were loyal, some were not. In twenty he lost to Joe Biden, and the the vote against Donald Trump was the vote for vote Joe Biden, I think was much more of a vote against Donald Trump. Now once again it appears he has become the the center of the race. I don't know that any Democrat would not have been able to do pretty well against him. The vice president Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris. Again the pronunciation of the name even it's people have pronounced it differently, but it's it's Kamala Harris, like comma and then law uh. She she's on the press precipice of becoming the forty seventh president without having at this point won a nomination. That's it's been. It's been a strange, strange year, and I have a feeling I was hopeful that there would be a decisive victory that either uh, former President Trump or the vice president would have a decisive victory. I don't know. Maybe that's still possible, but I'm not encouraged by it. Having talked the last two nights with Spencer Kimball of Emerson College and Dave Paleologus of Suffolk University, and I was stunned. I was absolutely stunned when I woke up on was it yes Monday morning not yesterday Monday morning to learn that a comedian who I guess Donald Trump doesn't know, but who was a part of the presentation at isrally at massive Madison Square Garden just in aged and you know, a real racist, outlandish comment. Now it's like the gang that can't shoots straight. I don't know if there are I think the Vice President today made a very sensible comment. She almost contradicted the president. The President, who last night was engaged in some sort of a roundtable discussion, made a comment in which he Joe Biden upped the ante. And I want you to hear what Biden said. He was on a zoom call with Voto Latino dot org, and somehow the issue came up about this stupid joke that this dumb comedian call told how the Trump campaign would have had such lack of vetting on the people who they were presenting at Madison Square Garden that he would tell the joke. I think all of you know the joke. I'm not even going to repeat it, but you know the context of the joke. This was President Biden yesterday compounding the problem. Now, I think he stepped into it here. Let's just cut one, cut one please do or.
Speaker 4: Puerto Rico where I'm in my home state of Delaware, they're good, decent, honorable people. The only garbage I see floating down there is his supporters. His his demonizational scene is unconscionable, and it's on American.
Speaker 3: So I think he pretty clearly called Trump's supporters. He used the same phrase that the comedian used. Is there nobody out there in the political realm? Now again, I think the Vice president today actually made some comments that were were helpful. Okay, one of comments what was made last night, so it was made before the President made his comment. But it's just got so personal here. I don't know how this country's ever going to come together. You go back to Hillary Clinton, where she was made the famous comment about the deplorables in twenty sixteen, play cut one beef for me if you were.
Speaker 5: Dead, you know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables.
Speaker 3: I mean, that certainly didn't help her campaign. You would think that some of these politicians would learn from this. Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro was on CNN yesterday with Caitlin Collins, one of their reporter slash anchors, and she kind of put it to Shapiro, and Shapiro, well, he dodged. The question is as simple as that cut three.
Speaker 6: Governor.
Speaker 7: First off, just what's your response to that comment from from President Biden where it sounds like he's calling Trump supporters their garbage.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Look, I had not heard that until now, Caitlin, so I'm kind of giving you my fresh reaction to it. I would never insult the good people of Pennsylvania or any Americans, even if they chose to support a candidate that I didn't support.
Speaker 3: But he didn't answer the question, and Colins didn't follow up with, in my opinion, a strong follow up. This was her follow up. It's pretty weak stuff. It's cut three.
Speaker 7: A did Oh in the White House is trying to say that what President Biden was saying, they're putting an apostrophe there in supporter saying it's the singular I guess referring to the comedian that supporters comments. I mean, it's hard to really look at that when you can listen to it for yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is what the President said. So what I am struggling with now, and I'm hoping that some of you might call, and I would invite anyone to call, but I'd love to hear from some new voters. How does this affect you? I don't know how this country comes back together irrespective of who wins. I was hoping that there would be a decisive victory and that we would be able to work ourselves out of this the standoff. Now, maybe I'm just being idealistic, but I just want to open it up. I'd love to hear from some people who could give me a little bit of hope and say, hey, irrespective of who wins, maybe this country needs to be shocked into something. I don't know. I've never seen it this bad in America, and I've covered and been around for a while I've covered going back to Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan and Walter Mondale and George Bush and Mike Decaccas and Bill Clinton and George Bush and you know, all the different standoffs and the George Bush forty three and President Obama and Trump and Biden, and here we are. I'd like you to put aside for a moment who you're going to vote for, who you think is going to win. How does this country recover? How do we, on beginning November sixth, the day after the election, come to the realization that we have more in common than we have indifference. And I'm hoping that I'll hear from some new callers, and particularly from some young callers. I just feel we have spiraled down, down, down. And so we have a comedian at a Trump event making a really stupid joke. It wasn't even jokes are supposed to be funny. I don't see where that was funny. And then President Biden maybe he stumbled into it. It didn't sound to me like he stumbled into it. He basically equated Trump supporters with garbage six one seven, two four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Uh, I'm I am really concerned at this point as to where we're headed as a country. UH. If if you, if you would like to try to convince me that I'm wrong and that there's a way, there's a path forward. I don't see it, but I'd love to hear from you. Six one seven, four ten thirty, triple eight nine two nine ten thirty and six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Let's try to get positive here for the last hour, and then we have two more nights coming up. We will on Friday night have a conversation between a conversation, a discussion, UH on the whole question of psychedelics, which is question four, which I think will be an interesting conversation on Friday night with two folks C. J. Le Conte, who I had on last night UH and doctor Gami, who I spoke with on November not November, October seventeenth. They are on opposite sides of the issue. But tonight, let's talk about where this country's headed. Coming back on night's side lines of lighting up got one line open at six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. Let's let's go past these politicians. I think let's go past these politicians and try to try to figure out where we're going from here, because you know, November sixth, or November seventh, or November eighth is coming and there will be a president elect. I don't know how we how we work ourselves out of this situation. Coming back on.
Speaker 2: Nightside now back to Dan Way live from the Window World to night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go. Let's let's get it going. Ladies. I want you to participate in this conversation as well. Again, Uh, this is something we all are going to have to deal with because I don't care which side of the great divide you're on. There are friends and family members on the other side of the divide. Let's go first, off to my Mike and data. Mike, thank you very much for calling in your first this hour and Nightside. Go right ahead.
Speaker 10: Hello, Mike, three great, can hear you?
Speaker 3: I can hear you. Now, go right ahead.
Speaker 10: Okay. I see three great divides and in the country maybe even maybe even abroad as well. Okay, asigned from the election, you you have a problem whereby three problems, liberalism and conservatism will never meet eye to eye. That's that's the first thing. That's that's well, that's not.
Speaker 3: A problem because they're two different philosophies. And we've had conservative presidents in my lifetime and liberal presidents in my lifetime, and they somehow, uh, you know, the pendulum swings back and forth. That's one of the strengths of a democracy.
Speaker 10: All right, Well, I see it differently. But the other two things of this the religious ideologies as well. But the big big creates a big wedge in the country. And lastly, the conflict between uh, the affluent versus the versus the non affluent.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what then, what solution? First of all, I think that those are natural divisions. I think that in any in any democracy, you're going to have some people who are looking for one form of government and other people looking for another form of government. It's coexisted in this country. We've had you know, we fought a civil war over issues. We always came together at the time of crisis, World War one, World War two, Great Depression. Ronald Reagan was a great president, a conservative. Bill Clinton was a very successful Democratic president. He was Barack Obama was elected twice. He certainly is different from Reagan. So you have. I mean, I don't see that as a problem. I see that as an asset. Do you think everybody in America is going to think exactly the same way philosophically.
Speaker 10: No, I doubt Actually my past Buscatta, I have to let you go, but thank you.
Speaker 3: Your cause about the had told him sorry about that, Okay, I'm not sure what point he was making, and he was He's talked about a great divide religiously. There are some people in this country who have who fervently believe, and there are some people in this country who do not believe. That's one of the great things about this country. Try living in Iran and being a non believer. Try living in Iran and being gay. Try living in in Iran, uh and and and not support the government publicly. You got problems that the beauty of this country when you talk about UH rich and poor or wealthy and poor. Look, wealthy people UH create companies, create businesses that employ people. We have a society here and and a system of government of capitalism which allows people to through their own great device devices, devices to to improve their lot. We have examples of people who were born very poor in this country who end up wealthy. We also have an example of people who who fritter away I could use a different word, fritter away their wealth. Anyway, let's keep rolling. You see what others think. We're gonna go next to Dave in New Hampshire. Dave, you next to Nice. I go ahead.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 11: I'm not sure how you vote for this, but historically Americans have done the best when there's been a president and a Congress and it's been divided and the government only grows by about one percent per year. As long as the economy is relatively on track, we don't get a lot of violence, right, So the Eisenhower years and the Clinton years.
Speaker 10: That was what was best.
Speaker 11: But there's no way to vote for that, and presidents hardly ever seem to push for that. So I think what each of us can do as individuals it just makes sure we never push for federal spending. That's where these six and seven and four percent per year growth comes from, is because from people pushing for the federal government to spend more money.
Speaker 10: Just stop doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Dave, I have the advantage of knowing where you're coming from philosophically, So you're a hardcore libertarian, which is fine, okay, but I don't want to get into the conversation with you at this point about what programs we have to cut in order to, you know, to employ that philosophy. I would dispute with you when you talk about the Eisenhower years. They were wonderful years of peace and harmony. However, during that those years we had a great civil rights struggle Brown versus Board of Education. We had segregation in southern states, which federal truth were called in to make sure kids could go to school in Arkansas. Historically, it was a period of time where we were the number one power in the world. After World War Two. It was a period right where I think America, the American people took a deep breath. The Clinton years were The great benefit of the Clinton years, in my opinion, was the success of the Reagan administration. The Soviet Union collapsed, we had no other competition around the world. So yeah, we did have a great years with Clinton. And as a matter of fact, Clinton was small enough to work with Gingridge, which I think is the point you're making. But you've got to go through some tough times to get to better times. My concern is that we are so divided as a nation that I don't know that whoever gets elected president, whether it's Vice President Harris or former President Trump, that the majority of people in this country are going to give either one of them a chance to succeed.
Speaker 11: We can handle the political division as long as the government doesn't bankrupt us and turn the political crisis into an economic crisis by spending too much.
Speaker 3: Well, look, someone will say that we have a spending problem. We do have a spending problem. But how are you going to eliminate the spending? I'm realistically, are you going to say to people who have earned social security, we're cutting your social security? Are you going to say to people who who now benefit from I was in line at a grocery store today and there was a woman in front of me who, you know, looked as if she was She did look poor, She was well dressed, and she ran up a bill of about I don't know, fifty dollars in groceries, and she handed a card to the clerk in line, and the clerk put the card in and her bill was reduced from fifty dollars to seven dollars. And you know, she had some sort of government program card which allowed her to get fifty dollars with the groceries for seven dollars. You're going to take those cards away from people at this point. I don't know. Maybe I don't know. I don't know what the answer is.
Speaker 11: But well, the thing I'm speaking in favor of here, although it's not perfect, is it's not cutting the government necessarily. It's just reducing the rate of growth to one percent like it was under Eisenhower and Clinton. That's all I'm saying. You maintain social security.
Speaker 3: If you do that, where do you cut?
Speaker 11: I'm not saying you have.
Speaker 10: To cut anything.
Speaker 11: If you're you're increasing by a percent a year, that's not enough. The government's already three times what is it three times as big as it was under Clinton? Is that's not big enough?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know that. We have not gone over the cliff already, is what I'm trying to say. And I think that if if if you know what our GDP is, and you know what our debt our debt is, you know we have a federal debt of what thirty five trillion dollars? Now, how are we going to pay that off?
Speaker 11: Well, one way to not pay it off is by increasing the government more than one percent a year.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because it's help point, we'll have to do something very dramatic. But I don't think the average person understands that concept. Our GDP is significantly less than thirty five trillion dollars, and whatever the gd Whenever the debt exceeds the GDP by that percentage, by that amount of money, we're in we're in trouble financially. But and we can talk about that some night. I'm just trying to figure out how we can get everybody kind of on the same page and at least say, guess what, I disagree with half the country, but they're not bad people. There's just too much invective going back and forth. If you can't get rid of the invective, I don't think anyone can govern it. Maybe that's what I'm saying. Dappreciate your thoughts, and I appreciate you continue to be a listener and a contributor to this program, and we will sure be dealing with a lot of the issues that you've just raised. I'm trying to I'm trying to get to a point where people at least will talk to each other over Thanksgiving dinner. And I'm not sure that's going to happen this year in my opinion. Thank you, Dave.
Speaker 8: Nothing to add, Thank you have a great night.
Speaker 3: Six month, seven thirty. That's the only line that's opening right now. I've got a couple of lines open there and ladies that love to have you contributed this conversation because I think we're in a bad place, and I think that I think it's only gotten worse in the you know, with everything that's happened in the last few months. I don't know. I think we're going to have a close election. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the posters are wrong, but I think it's going to be a close election. It'll be probably a disputed election, and we might be back to something like twenty twenty again, which will not be a good thing for the country at all. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 2: Night Side with Dan Ray, I'm Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: Let's get back to the calls we got Sean in Revere. Sean, you're next on Nightside. Welcome, thanks for checking in.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna tell a little story, but it's gonna come back around if you don't mind. Go right ahead, all right. A few years back, when Trump was in office. I tried running for Congress. I went around tracking and one of the people I started at.
Speaker 3: Home, do me a favorite, Sean. You're breaking up on me. Dan, take Sewan's call and see if you can get him in a spot where we can hear him because he's breaking up. Well, tell Shawn, I'll come right back to him. But he needs to get by a window or something on a cell phone. It's just a bad connection. Let me go to Mark in Cambridge. Mark, you were next on nicside.
Speaker 8: Go right ahead, Mark, you know I did.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, bark.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I'm trying to make it short and simple. I think it was a disrespect. First of all, I'm not trush, I'm not garbage, and I am a Trump support him, And what Joe Biden said was an insult, disrespect to all of us. And what's his name there, comedian making talking about Puerto Rico being garbage. That was aweso an insult. But he did not represent Donald Trump or the Donald Trump movie.
Speaker 3: Well, I disagree with you a little bit, to be honest with you on that, Mark in that he was at a Trump rally at Madison Square Garden and he was an invited speaker. Now, if someone in the audience who had walked in had jumped up and said something really disrespectful or stupid, I could buy that. But this guy should have been vetted by the Trump campaign and he should have been told, look, you know he apparently this guy has a reputation of being a nasty comic, one of those guys. I guess he was involved in the in the Tom Brady roast. But when you when you're appearing at at Madison Square Garden as an invited guest, as a you know, a presenter, I think that the Trump team had an absolute obligation to make sure that he he didn't say something that vile and that stupid and that that racist.
Speaker 13: I don't know, I don't think he I don't think Donald now exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he didn't. But at the same time, I think that I think that that let us say that, well again, we'll we'll just disagree to disagree on that one, mark, Okay. I just think that that if he was someone who was telling a joke in a in a comedy club, you know, twenty blocks away, Donald Trump's hands are clean. But he was an invited speaker, entertainer on the program at a Trump rally. Why would why would they not? Why would they not have have just pulled the guy off the stage and said, hey, that's just wrong. I mean, what else could have he said that? I just don't understand it from I don't understand why you would allow someone to be associated with your campaign that way.
Speaker 14: I don't know, Oh, maybe he's voting for Kamala decided to go to Madisons where I gotten to say that.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, here's the thing. You almost look at me and say, was this guy there intentionally looking to him? I mean, he did a great job. If his job was to embarrass the Trump campaign. Whoever vetted him for the Trump campaign, Uh, failed miserably. And I've never heard of the guy. I've never seen him perform before. But it sounds to me like he was an insult comic and that was what that was, what his h his stick was. I guess the only way I could describe it. All right, Thanks, thanks, Mark.
Speaker 13: Appreciate for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling in. Keep calling. How old are you?
Speaker 8: Mark? I am fifty.
Speaker 14: I just turned fifty six, all right.
Speaker 8: From Central Square, Cambridge.
Speaker 3: Mark, m all right, Mark, keep calling? Okay, Thanks very much. Again, I'd love to hear from some young people tonight. I meant, you're the one who's going to inherit a badly divided country and the only lines open are the only lines are open at six one seven. Let me go next. We lost Sean. Did you ever pull Shawn's line back up or no, Dan, he just dropped. Okay, Sean, if you call back tight at six point seven, we will get you. We'll get you back in line, I promise. Okay, let's go to Joke in Boston. Joe next on Nightside.
Speaker 8: Good evening there, and my brother.
Speaker 3: Joe, how are you tonight? Right back at you, my brother, go ahead.
Speaker 15: I'm grat, but I'm a little disappointed in you.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 14: Tell me why in this so you were sounding earlier when.
Speaker 16: You first started, like you were joke at sicking on calling a game. Well, you know, there is a fly ball and it's a last tile. He sound like you were disappointed about Kamala Harris being on the bottom of this time.
Speaker 8: I don't know why, but in that was my perspective that I.
Speaker 3: Was disappointed in Vice President Harris being weird Joe, like, you know, like he.
Speaker 16: Was down because of all these mens that have transpired right now that actually, but if it's nobody because we are so divided that it's just you know, insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just think that when you have a comedian calling a group of people garbage at a Trump rally, and you have Joe Biden the next day calling the Trump support is garbage, just like, where's where where's that respect for each other going, Joe? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I just think they're just showing them through colors.
Speaker 16: Then, to be honest with you on both sides, on both sides, because I mean, this is unacceptable.
Speaker 3: I mean totally, it's totally unacceptable. Yes, and I'm probably going to alienate people on both sides. But I got to tell, how would I really.
Speaker 17: Believe Joe exactly? I mean, this guy came out nobody better him. I mean, we just sometimes to do and that's what happens. So trumped on the first I mean, as trade, and he did.
Speaker 16: Not know what to do or how to go about broadning the business of the White House.
Speaker 8: That's why it was a shamble and.
Speaker 3: He paid and he paid a price for that inability to to hire competent and loyal people, and I'm.
Speaker 15: Sure he should because he didn't know any better. I think that right now he knows much much better. I do not know if he's going to get in, but if he does, I think it assumed that he's going to be surrounding with much better people.
Speaker 3: Whoever gets in, I hope they surround themselves with with with better people.
Speaker 8: I just.
Speaker 3: I'm worried, Joe about it. Just seems that we keep going to lower and lower and lower, and you.
Speaker 8: Know it is im.
Speaker 16: I'm worried, just and I get that when it comes to Kamada Harris, we do not know who she is or what he represents because he hasn't told anybody what you represent what she wants to do. Jesus have a few words that she has on her mind, and it's just recorder of her mind. And that's why she claims at all times.
Speaker 8: You know, when she comes out, he hasn't.
Speaker 16: Doing an interview with anybody of essence to say, you know, this is my plan for the country or.
Speaker 8: This is that.
Speaker 16: On the other hand, as much I do, I do not like Trump myself. I love his policies, I don't like the guy.
Speaker 8: I crange every.
Speaker 14: Time I hear him. However, they are helping him. Of all the other people that they have, from Tamala Harris to her vice president, to Donald Trump, and he's vice president, I think the.
Speaker 16: Most qualified of the all four of them is.
Speaker 14: The vice president Trump Man.
Speaker 8: He's the only person whounds normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's It's amazing how we end up with the two major parties with candidates who are in In Donald Trump's case, UH is still standing after everything that that he has gone through. UH, and the Republicans chose to back him. And on the Democratic side, UH, they must have known that Joe Biden was losing it, and Joe Biden should have stepped aside earlier and said, look, I'll continue as president, but I've decided that I cannot go any longer. And and therefore the Democrats could have had a primary. Joe, I'm way passed my break, so I got to run. But thank you for calling. And I think that we do see the world in a similar fashion. And I think I think we worry about the same thing. We worry about our kids and our grandkids in what sort of country they're going to inherit.
Speaker 8: I know, Dan, I mean, it was really on the Democratic site was reading and running. The show is a big media.
Speaker 16: They are the ones they first they put this first guy that it was a big guy like Ernest comes to camp.
Speaker 14: Ernest comes to the presidency.
Speaker 8: Right now, what do they have.
Speaker 14: The mcdonna comes to the presidency because you have nothing?
Speaker 8: Good night, Dan, I love you, my brother.
Speaker 3: Right back at you. Thank you, Joe, thank you so much. Talk to you soon. Good night. Well, take a very quick break. I'm going to try to get everybody in. I do wish that Mark, who we lost, could call back.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: If if you do call back, Mark, we'll we'll get you bumped up. No, no, yeah, it was Mark and Cambridge that we lost. We'll be back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Light Sight Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 3: Brother Ware, I was mistaken that with Sean and Revere. Sean call back some other night. I guess you were in a car according to Dan, and we lost you. Okay, I'm going to try to get everybody in. It's going to be tight, it's going to be tough. Let's see what happens. Alex and Stowton. Alex, give it me quickly, go ahead, Alex.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I just want to say you talked about earlier how we can have a conversation at the Thanksgiving table. I'm a twenty five year old guy. You know my family. You know, if my grandparents certainly more conservative than I am, and for me, really the only limitation is when you talk about human rights, when you talk about you know, I don't like people because they are other in some sort of way. That's my line. But if you want to talk about the economy, you want to talk about policy.
Speaker 19: That's reasonable.
Speaker 3: I think that's reasonable. I think that's an absolutely reasonable position to have. And understand that your grandparents are still your grandparents, and they've loved you their entire life, and they're not perfect. None of us are perfect, so you know, just you know, try to rationally reason with them and maybe you'll bring them around. I suspect that a conversation will do more than yelling back and forth.
Speaker 18: I think, certainly, just a little bit of try.
Speaker 3: By the way, I gotta tell you, the Dodgers have just won the World Series. Just it's all over. The the Yankees have lost. The Dodgers have won.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's a wonderful thing.
Speaker 3: To hear. Well, you heard it well on the radio, Alex doing your favors a twenty five year old. I want you to become more of a regular caller. You make a lot of sense, man, and I need to hear your voices because you're gonna inherit this country as screwed up, maybe as we're gonna leave it to you.
Speaker 18: Okay, definitely want to call again. And yeah it's a bit screwed up, but you know, we'll get through it.
Speaker 3: Is this your first time calling, by the way, first time calling?
Speaker 8: Yeah, gotta give.
Speaker 3: You ron of applause. Come on back soon, Okay, appreciate it very much.
Speaker 18: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You're very welcome. Great call that made my night. That one call there has made my night real quickly here going to go to Charlie and Saugus. Charlie, gotta be quick for me, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hian, thanks uh.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: One lot that comes to mind is if we can look at each other as all members of one big him and family and treat each other with neutral respect, that would help a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we can look at each other as one American family, I mean, you know, human family. Whatever you want. I mean, there are other families around the world who would like to destroy all of us if they had a nuclear weapon. They were dropping on every city in America, and we should not forget that.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's why the respect is so important. Neutral respect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a key word of the night. Charlie. Thank you for joining us. I appreciate your call. I'll give you more time next time. Okay, thank you, my friend. All right, have a great night. Gene. You got to be quick for me. I'm going to get you in a couple more and go ahead, Gene. I Dan, so.
Speaker 20: I don't feel like there's any anything to talk about at the Thanksgiving table. I went food.
Speaker 3: Shopping and be a pretty quiet place at your house then.
Speaker 20: Okay, yeah, I went food shopping today. I felt like it was in a foreign country. There were people from all other countries.
Speaker 21: Okay.
Speaker 20: One guy had his face all tattooed, all the way down the neck and arms.
Speaker 3: All right, Jeane, that's not what we're talking about tonight.
Speaker 20: I'm not talking about tonight. It's a little scared at that point. No, but Dan, this is this is it. There's not going to talk about because it's right. The writing's on the wall.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well, I'll tell you that's a pretty dystopian view, and if that's your view, I'm not gonna in thirty seconds change you on it, hopefully over time.
Speaker 20: Let me just say, the lady in front of me spent two hundred dollars on food. She had an EBT cut, and she gave her the lady fifty dollars in cash. Me I spent one hundred and thirty in cash. I still have to go back in two days and figure out meals for five dinners. Okay, I don't have an EBT cut. All right, this is the mystery, Gane.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you go because they have other folks who have called. And again you're a little off topic where I was trying to get to tonight. But feel free to call again. Thank you so much. Bob Hockey to.
Speaker 21: Dan will be real quick. Do you remember what I cattle and Allbright said eight years ago?
Speaker 3: What Madeline Albright said eight years ago? No refresh my recollection.
Speaker 21: Okay, she was at the college and she was supporting and endorsing Hillary Clinton, and she said, any woman who does not vote for Hillary Clinton is a special place in hell for them.
Speaker 3: Now, I remember that comment, and that certainly didn't contribute to a rational conversation. You know again, you know there's been crazy statements made on either side, on both sides.
Speaker 21: And I agree. That's why I'm an independent after being you know, a Democrat for years. When I ran for the Governor's Council of ninety two, i left the Democratic Party, but they really left a lot of us.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you about appreciate you calling. How much time left?
Speaker 16: Dan?
Speaker 3: Please? Half? Okay, We're gonna try to get everybody in. Jim, I'm going to give you about thirty seconds. Jim, go right ahead. I'm sorry, we're really tired.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'll be very quick. Sean, you shouffle your feet, you lose your seat. Hey, think about all the things Wanda Sykes has said, and think about when the Stones went on, Ed Sullivan and the other thing. When you do comedy, you always take the risk of telling a bad joke. The guy told a bad joke. Come on, it was it was.
Speaker 3: It was worse than a bad joke. It was a stupid racist joke, which reinforced.
Speaker 14: It was about He wasn't even talking about the people. He was talking about the island.
Speaker 3: He was talking. He said, we'll disagree. We'll disagree, Jim, you can just send that one if you want. Thanks, Man, talk to you soon, all right, last last of the night, Karen, I got twenty seconds for you. You're late, Go ahead, Karen.
Speaker 19: All I wanted to say is I wish people would try to get along more. And these politicians, both Trump and Kamala, will tell us the plans more about the plans that they have for our country. And that's really and then I just wish it'd get along better.
Speaker 3: I'm with you on that one. Thanks, Thanks, Karen. Okay, we'll talk soon. Okay, give you more time next time you called a little too late. We're done to the night, Dan, great job tonight. The Dodgers are the world champions. They've beaten the Yankees four games to one. We had an interesting show tonight. We'll be back tomorrow night right at it again. I'll be on Facebook Live and about a couple of minutes, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's where Mike Pal Charlie Rays who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who were passed. They loved you. And you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again tomorrow night on night side. Everyone have a safe and happy Thursday, and we'll be back tomorrow night. Thanks