Speaker 1: Hi. My name is Tom Welling.
Speaker 2: I played Clark Kent on Smallville and you are listening to Always hold on to Smallville.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Always hold on to Smallville. In this podcast, we talk about each and every episode of the Young Superman Show that we're from two thousand and one to twenty eleven on the WB and the CW. I'm your host, Sack Moore, and I'm drown by two guests for this episode from the Krypton Report. Tyler Patrick, what's up? Tyler?
Speaker 3: Hey, Zach glad to be back. We're in season ten. I can't believe it. I was talking with my co host. I told him how we were recording and I said, man, I recorded with Zach back in season one. Yeah, And I was like he was just getting started. And I found him when we started chatting, and I was like, now here, we're like his podcast has blown up and it's been awesome, and now we're recording for season ten and it's like, wow.
Speaker 1: It is hard to believe. Right, You're not the only returning to guests. We have longtime patron in front of the show, John Curcio. What's up John?
Speaker 4: Ah, very good and very good, very good. Zach happy to be here. I think last time was almost at the halfway point. I'm pretty sure, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, though I was very season four. Yeah, yeah, so it was. It was forever so literally forever ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been forever. It's perfect, John.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've rewatched that episode since, and I'm not sure if I will anytime soon. No offense to that outisode likewise likewise House Wax. If I'm gonna watch House of Wax, I'm gonna go watch House of Wax. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, both versions, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: But hey, you said it, Tyler. We're here in season ten, all right, second episode, so we had a long way to go still, but we're here in the last chapter. So, you know, John, let's start with you, man, what are your thoughts on season ten and kind of where it falls in the Greater Greater Smallville season ranking and just kind of overall vibe of it all, like like, where where's your fandom for season ten?
Speaker 4: Interesting enough? I actually did season ten. It's insane. It's almost schizophrenic, and that's actually kind of what I like about it. I feel as though it's trying to do everything when they started announcing all of the guest stars and they were all coming back. I mean everybody from like you know, Lucy Lane and Sam Lane all the way to Lionel Luther. And I'm like, Okay, so this is gonna be in Everybody in the Pool type season and it's gonna be kind of crazy, and they try to fit everything into this some episode, some of the weaker ones didn't feel kind of like an old school one off Monster the Week type episode. Then there's a lot of mythology building episodes, even though we're literally hurtling towards the end. And also I know they couldn't get Michael Rosenbaum back for the entirety of the season, but I do kind of like the mad scientist insanity of the Clones, especially because like big, grandiose mad scientist plots go back to classic Lex Luthor, like all the way back, and so I kind of like when Michael's Lex gets to do that. And since he did come back in the season finale, the series finale, it kind of felt pretty well bookended. I don't know overall, I enjoyed it. I've only rewatched it once. This will be the secondary watch so far. I'm still enjoying it. I understand a lot of people's issues with it. It's qually not perfect. And I know this usually ends up towards the end of most people's lists, but I don't know. I kind of dig it. I never I didn't get to bent out of shape, even for some of their decisions, like as you like to say, the John McCain death strip.
Speaker 1: Yes he's coming, he's coming, He's close. I will say on the kind of the Mad Scientists clone legs with your stuff. I enjoyed that as well as a president for it in the comic books, right, And look, the creators and writers, they were faced with this impossible task, and they did the best they could. They brought back previous younger actors who had played Lex and kind of played in that story. They're bringing an altered universe Linel into this whole thing. Like, they did the best they could. And Rose's moom coming back at the end kind of made it all okay, right, Like if he hadn't come back at the end, we would have been sitting here still, Like, can you believe they used the guy that created Cyborg as a Lex of the premiere?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: And he was fine, And we talked about it in last week's of Was Lazarus. It's like he was fine, but it's interesting. Yeah, m McKenzie gray. He went to play Jack Seward Man of Steel as well, so he kept that schaef head. Look. I guess he liked it. But and and again no offense to mackenzicate, right, but you see that, and then you kind of imagine, like, man, what if Rosebaum was saying those lines in those scenes, just what it elevated so much It kind of makes you appreciate when Michael brought down so much more too.
Speaker 4: His cadence was so on. His cadence and mannerisms was so on point. If you kind of if you kind of stop half, if you kind of half pay attention when you're doing something else, you almost your mind can trickute into thinking that Michael's in the scene. Yeah, but yeah, and throw a big throwback to Gene Hackman in the in the premiere where he tells him he has to choose between you know, which calamity he stops.
Speaker 1: Even if great speed you can't save the.
Speaker 4: Boss exactly exactly. I love it, And yeah, if Michael was doing it, it would have been extra special. But you know, as it stands out, it's pretty solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Tyler, what about you, man, how do you how do you feel about season ten?
Speaker 3: Well, when season ten first aired, a lot of what was frustrating because I guess I had more expectations because it was the last season they even you know, premiered like small the final season be there, you know. And over time, I've probably watched this season with my wife more than any of them, just because she really likes Lois and since in this season it's very just it's it's all in Clark and Lois stuff, so she always likes to come back and watch this one, and it is kind of all over the place. You know, we have a lot of characters. There's a few things that happen that I think they kind of dropped the ball with a little bit with certain characters that kind of just don't really get I think a good conclusion. But I mean I like it. It's probably the least Smallville Smallville season. This fact that there's so many characters in this season that are taking place, and you know, there's a few things that happen that are just kind of like makes you question, like where'd that come from? Like certain episodes. You're like, that doesn't quite make sense, but you know what made some choices on the villain. I like the idea of it. I think it's a great way of introducing that character in a way of if you had gone on longer to bring that character back, don't want to you know, spoil but you know, we all know what I'm talking about. Darts with the d ends and aside, but I enjoy season ten. I mean they really were like, Okay, we're gonna put pretty much almost everything into this season, not holding much back. You know, characters get introduced, ideas. It's it's very comic Bookie for the final season.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah, And it really kind of put like you know you were talking about too, John, like it brings all these characters back and it's like, okay, we got to bring everybody back and the celebration of what we were and all that sort of thing. And in that way, it is very different than season nine. Season nine, it was like we didn't tell our own story. And I love you as it's one of my favorite seasons.
Speaker 4: Right. It was a tight, very tight season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything was all connected and it was led to another and was already thought out and then you get some like season ten, it's like, okay, we got it into corp. All these pieces that don't really fit together, but here they are like and on their own. I'll say this, I think some of the the highs are higher sometimes in season ten. Yeah, the low's are hustle ower. And it's really like back and forth and uve anoun seasonnine, which is very consistent, you know. Yeah, all that being said, let's get into it. In Shield, we all got a boot with our name on.
Speaker 3: People about to die.
Speaker 4: I always think that that's special.
Speaker 2: Won't be able to go on without them.
Speaker 3: The truth thing, it's a person.
Speaker 4: Just find someone else.
Speaker 2: In The.
Speaker 1: Shield is the second episode of Smallville's tenth season and aired on October first, twenty ten. Was written by Jordan Holly and directed by Glenn Winter. This is Glenn Winter's last episode that he directed. Yeah, he was a prolific smavel director. He directed twelve episodes and then went on to do a lot of stuff with the air overs and I'm just in a cinema photographer throughout the course of the show. But this is his final episode, So I just want to make note of that. We're gonna be seeing a lot of those final things as we go through the season.
Speaker 4: Here I shout out to Glenn.
Speaker 3: I want to say with Glenn what I find most fascinating with Glenn is he's one of the few directors that have directed two different versions of Superman. You know, he directed both Tom and then he would go on to direct Tyler and Supergirl, and I think I think he also did Superman and Lewis an episode, so it's it's just kind of interesting. I think him off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: I feel like Gregory Smith directs every episode.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, I feel like he does a lot. Yeah, yeah, but I know he directed Tyler and Supergirl.
Speaker 1: He did know he did the season two two part opener for Supergirl and that's the fantastic introduction of that Superman. So yeah, he's got his wbcw cred.
Speaker 3: And then I think David Nutter is another one off the top of my head who was directed as a Superboy and then he directed Tom Welling. I don't I don't know all the directors who did Lois and Clark, so there might be another one that sneaks in there, and.
Speaker 1: There's a couple little crossovers there. I don't know. Off the top of my head either. But I know there's some some crossover tein Littles and Clark and Smavel every now.
Speaker 3: And then, you know, and of course Jene Schwartz.
Speaker 1: General swork, right, I mean, uh, two Supergirls. So but hey, here in the last stretch of the show, we're during the ratings watch or ask you guys, Hey, what do you think the ratings were for this episode on a Friday night in twenty ten? To give you a little context, the previous week, the season premiere, Lazarth's got two point nine eight million viewers. So John, let's start with you. What do you think Shield got a week later?
Speaker 4: Two point nine eight? Wow, that's that's pretty solid. What's it called? God? Do you imagine any shows would kill for that? These days? I would say, probably what date? What? What's the date that this premiered? Again?
Speaker 1: October first?
Speaker 4: October first? Okay, that's not helpful. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna say that a lot of times. The second episode, you know, might dip a little bit because everyone gets hot for the premiere. I'm gonna say two point seven.
Speaker 1: All right, what about you, Tyler?
Speaker 3: I was thinking, I'm same logic I'm gonna go two five just because he took two seven.
Speaker 4: So prices right.
Speaker 1: Actual rating two point three eight? Closer?
Speaker 4: Who that's true? You workle yet you got it.
Speaker 3: Part of me, part of me thought just two, but I was like, ah no, I think it would do a little bit better. But you know this is I think about the time frame, you know, these latter seasons. DVR was a big thing.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: And also I'm like, I think about this too when it comes to ratings. I had the first show i'd ever bought, like digitally iTunes was season eight of Smallville. I just pre bought the whole season and that's how I watched it because our cable provider kept dropping the CW. So I think about stuff like that too at this time, Like those things don't factor into ratings, you know. Yeah, And they're pushing that CW app too, because I remember a couple of episodes in the season ten I ended up watching on the app.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah I did too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, my wife and I had moved and we I remember we had moved into our first apartment and it was actually the Blue Beatle episode. I was sitting in our kitchen and uh, because we had just gotten married and I was watching on my laptop.
Speaker 1: Sitting in your kitchen, watching exactly American. Oh man, Well, this episode starts out with previously on Small Villa. We see, you know, some of the events of the finale, some of the events of the premiere. Just I stopped a little bit of Hawkman, a little bit of his backstory, you know, talking to Green Arrow about Chiara and like how they were destined to fall in love and watch each other die. And then we see a little bit of the prisoner exchange between Oliver and Chloe setting up uh, well, rick flag and the suicide squad and uh suicide some kind of suicide squad. We're going to talk about them, and yeah, that kind of puts all the the pieces in place. You know, Lewis is in Africa. You know, I love that they keep her using this clip of Michael McKean. I don't know what the rights are or to that I have to pay him, but like he's like, hey, what do you say, kid, go to Africa. I'm like, that's dude. You have Michael McKean for one episode and using him on every I mean I would.
Speaker 4: Too, That's how they keep him on the show. They just keep showing that clip over and O way, it's like Edwood with Bella Lagosi.
Speaker 3: Like it keeps him in your mind, so you feel like, oh, yeah, he was in there a lot. Like now he's lying two episodes two? No, I know I saw him more than that.
Speaker 1: You know he listed two episodes and then one episode with a voiceover for the.
Speaker 3: Just I just do that number out there because I knew, because I could think of two episodes off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: That's it. And I mean mary to anetto tool. That's like they could have got him back more. But anyway, anyway, he's a Look, he's an expensive actor.
Speaker 3: There's no budget.
Speaker 1: Season ten. We have four main characters. We'll talk about it. We get to the opening credits, but no, we go we transition from that what do you say kid Africa? Right then we cut to the opening of the episode proper and it's it's uh, the Sahara desert and like some cgi village off in the tent of tents offt in the background ice home. Oh yeah, Lowis gets off her bus and and they this is in the opening credits, right, the shot of Lois pulling her her scarf off.
Speaker 4: They use that shot a lot. I just that shot is just burned into my head. So yeah, they use it a lot.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's in like all the DVD promos. Just yeah, everything, very very good school shots.
Speaker 4: Shot. Yeah, it's a ethic shot. Erica looks great, when does she not?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And to y'all's point about keeping Perry around, She's like, Perry this is lately, And I'm like, okay, yeah, she's she's quote unquote talking to Perry light on the phone. Guys, he's still around. But hey, I didn't remember. I mean, obviously it makes sense now. But thinking back, like she's here to investigate the uncovering of the tomb of Isis. Can we say that? Am I gonna? I love for lying here about my dream job is turning to one thousand and one Arabian nightmares, which is that's a good line.
Speaker 4: I thought, Yeah, her puns really work.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they're setting up the ice Nicholas here, right. Hey whoever said seas intend didn't have a plan?
Speaker 4: Huh exactly?
Speaker 3: They were like, oh, yeah, we got this one because she and what's interesting how she references raw, you know, the sun god.
Speaker 4: Daniel Jackson Clark.
Speaker 3: Oh, I I love Michael Shanks's Carter Hall. I think he's a great Carter Hall. His Hawkman. It's a little like I didn't need the voice you tried to do.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: My biggest thing was like you look at Hawkman in the comics, like he's this like super muscular, big dude, you know, and you look at Michael Shanks You're like, all right, You're okay.
Speaker 1: He probably still is the best Hawkman, like live action Hawkman, because it's certainly not the one from their over I love.
Speaker 3: I love the one in Black Adam though.
Speaker 1: I do too, but they just as with that movie's biggest problem is it's so surface level. There's nothing about reincarnation or whatever. Like I had assume Aldre's Hodge. I was like, oh, he'll be my favorite hawk Man. I'm like, oh, he kind of ended up not being fault of his own.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I used to live in my building. Actually, Alvis Hodge, he actually used to live in my building. His mail still comes here. I'm not going through his mail, his magazines. His magazines keep.
Speaker 1: I still go through his mail.
Speaker 4: That's how I know. Yeah, and I completely forgot that he played Hawkman for a second.
Speaker 1: I like, he's a great actor. I mean I saw him first on Friday Night Lights back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was Supernatural season two. Okay, he's the one that kills He's the one that kills uh Sam Winchester in season two. He's the one that stabs him in the back.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're right. I forgot about it, which.
Speaker 3: Causes Dean to sell his soul and sets up seats.
Speaker 4: The first of ten times. Yeah, yeah, he does that a lot.
Speaker 1: I forgot. You know, this episode, it's a it's a backdoor pilot for saving Hope, right with the with the Erica Durance and Daniel Jackson, who's now now as you mentioned a stargate, I forgot that. What's what's his name? Michael Shanks, Michaels Shakes. They yeah, because they went on after I guess they somebody's they probably they both submitted this to the un their demodel somewhere and they're like, you know what, those two have chemistry. And there's this entire hospital show. The film in Canada for like ran for like five seasons, and the two of them were the main stars of it.
Speaker 4: So I never even knew this thing existed.
Speaker 1: Always hold on to staving. So we're getting married. I got a hustle, baby.
Speaker 6: He didn't invite me the wedding, so presumably you're still in love with me, right, Oh.
Speaker 2: Honeymoon doddors Oh we got a week off next month, soul, don't distract me.
Speaker 1: This is hard work.
Speaker 2: He was probably an apt starting IVY schools.
Speaker 1: He's a chief of surgery. He's not gonna wait.
Speaker 2: He's been unconscious for thirty seven minutes. Wait a second.
Speaker 4: This is how it happens.
Speaker 2: You leave it all behind, everything, everything you love, everything you know, and all you can do is hope.
Speaker 1: We just go await it up. You want me to tell you whether I want to resuscitate him if her codes again?
Speaker 6: Yes, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 2: You can see me?
Speaker 3: Can you see me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, wallet, No nothing, guys a John.
Speaker 3: Doe, you died loget everything we could.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Gray. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 4: A baby's head? I want this freaking thing off now.
Speaker 3: Man, he has PTSD.
Speaker 1: Have you thought about talking to a psychiatrist? Call it travel tam, give me the I'm showing.
Speaker 2: No kidd it.
Speaker 6: Charlie is twice the surgeon you will ever be.
Speaker 2: Don't you give up on me.
Speaker 3: I'm still here.
Speaker 1: I totally agree that he is like Carter Hall a plus. Like I see this guy coming in because Lewis is in there looking around the ten and you see the subtle lot of this Indiana Jones looking guy like he's and I'm like, man like he he looks so much cooler here than he didn't, Absolutely justice Frankly Jones.
Speaker 3: He's in his environment, you know, he's in he's he's going back to like his hair. I always thought with Hawkman, it would been really cool to get different like when you do like flashbacks, you get different actors to play Hawkman at different times. But is he supposed to be reincarnation?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doesn't exactly mean you're going to look the same.
Speaker 3: Right, And that was all was my thought, Like was.
Speaker 1: I never that never occurred to me? But that actually makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like because I thought about that a lot during Legends of Tomorrow when they tried to do like the Hawks and they told their story in the past, and I was like, you know, this actor doesn't really look like he'd be an Egyptian.
Speaker 1: Prince to me, Yeah, he really doesn't look like a Kufu shout out. Shout out to the guys from always on the Arrow. They always have a good laugh and they talk about Prince Kufu about looking about as white as I am.
Speaker 3: So like, I always just thought, you know, it'd be great for like each because they always talk about he recognizes her, you know, he doesn't know it's her, Like it's about the soul bond, you know. So I was like, they always get reading Carnea as different people, like it's the soul that comes back. So I just thought it would be cool to get different actors to be hawk Man.
Speaker 1: So we get this whole set up here where you know, Lois looks at some hieroglyphic of them right of Shiara and Carter. What's his uh, what's his name? What's talk man? Yeah? But what's what's the what's the Shiara version of his name?
Speaker 4: Oh? I oh?
Speaker 3: Is it like isn't car Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like it's like cartour, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 4: He and Gwynn.
Speaker 1: I really like how the Justice League animated series. Well, I like how that did everything, but I kind of really liked how they did the whole hawk Band story and they did the Thanagarian thing. With Aliens and like, well, here's an Egyptian guy, and like they kind of put all that community out there for you. But Carter Halls, he's almost looking at this. He's like there were lovers and Starcross lovers. And I was like, oh my god, it's Carter Hall, and we know who he is. She doesn't know who he is. She's never met Carl Hall. And you think, oh, what a great reveal. We're gonna cut to that. Somebody's safe. No, we keep going, we keep going. In the opening credits here, it's interesting, really stretched us out right. So, uh, Clark is trying to trying to call Chloe as usual because he needs help, and uh, some random guy gives him a newspaper and it's like, hey, Lowis Lane page three and it's like Lois Lane joins Perry White at the It's like, how was what kind of weird self promotion is.
Speaker 3: That she's that's in my notes right here. I said, what the paper really take up that much space in their paper self promoting their reporter getting a promotion?
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially because Lois always seems to be getting into trouble, so it's like it seems like she's there's always some sort of an issue, and then they're making a big deal out of her, you know, getting this big byline with Perry White.
Speaker 3: And they still work in the basement, right, Yeah they do, because I mean.
Speaker 4: That's the set that they will never Yeah, they could have just redressed it. They just I just think because they had the steps there, they just decided they're just always going to be in the basement.
Speaker 1: They built this set in two thousand and five. Okay, So there they are milking and it's a beautiful setutiful, but it is like, aren't you guys like this is the basement like Interim Coloye's supposed to work at and you guys are like real people. But anyway, Clark, you know, sits down at his desk and he's like, well, I gotta I gotta go to Africa and get her right. So he prints out a take it to Cairo and round Tribune movie. Fine, I'll take a screenshot this, look at the prices what they were all the years ago for airplane and take.
Speaker 3: A ten I thought about that.
Speaker 1: So he's like this is this is like setting up like he's gonna go get her right, and then he see he gets up and he sees his purse, Alis's sys. He's like Lois and then Cat Grant appears and she's like, no, everybody Cat Grant with a C not to take the confused of that woman on TV from season nine because there must be two, because there's two Cat Grants. Now, I'm glad they at least addressed it right like we would. The whole time would have been like wait a minute, just like the Supergirl in season seven. The whole time we would have been like wait a minute. But the show addresses it. The address it.
Speaker 3: There's two.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing. U. Cat Grant carry Lynn Pratt, who I have come to know from Jack and Bobby. I don't know if anyone revers that show, but she was on that show. I've recently I have been tracking it down because it's as unavailable everywhere. But it's really cool concept for a show. Go check it out. But anyway, she was on that show, and I guess that was her claim to fame on the WB before this, and maybe that's how she got in the orbit of all these castling directors. So she's super annoying she's supposed to be, but that doesn't make it better. So John what do you think about this character?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in my notes, I forgot she was in this episode. So when the camera panda tilted up and she introduces herself, all I wrote was katgrant dot dot dot dear God. Yeah, no, I agree.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 4: You know, if a character is supposed to be a little grading or annoying, it's okay if they get under your skin a few times, but if they're kind of grading on you the whole episode, it makes it it it takes you out of it a little bit. I will say, I definitely prefer the latter half of the episode when you see obviously the twist and turn of her character. Yes, and in terms of having to okay, so the super Girl, I'll give them, I'm gonna give them a break on that, you know, because as we've as we've you know, said that season five clearly was originally meant to be the end. So having her show up, you know, they're like, well, we're never going to see Supergirls, so you know, bringing her up in the in the you know, now the first half of the series wouldn't matter. And then of course they got far enough they're like, well we'll just bring her into it. But with Kat Grant. This was just last season, so you know what I mean, it's not like one of those like, oh, you know we're wrapping you know, we're wrapping up, we might as well or we didn't go. We were gonna go. They didn't think we were going to go this long, So we're going to have a new one in there. It's it's it's a bit on the weird side, but we've we've accepted weirder things on this show. But yeah, so I definitely prefer her more in the latter half of the episode than she does commit. The actress very much commits to it, so I and and she has good timing, so I'm you know, I don't want to I don't want to just bash the actress. It's it's just the writing. Ultimately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she comes on just so strong in this first scenes. It takes a while for that for bad first impression to wear off, because she does get better over the course of the episode and the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ooof man, it's it's a rough first impression. What do you think of her? Tyler?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, my first question is where does this version of cat Grant come from? You know, because I've been rereading a lot of the comics and early two thousands. This feels very much and I could be wrong a version for the show itself of how Cat Grant is, but yeah, it was. It was weird because like she said, like you pointed out, like that was just last season and even even in this episode jumping ahead, like she's not really Cat Grant, like she changed her name to Cat Grant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was strange. I don't I don't think it's ever been the case for the character, but maybe I don't know exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, not that I've run into. So it's it's it's really weird. And yeah, she is annoying, and I feel like it does a little bit tried towards the latter half of the season to make you kind of like her or not seasoned episode like her when she kind of lets her guard down and you see things. But yeah, it was it was just weird. It's a very weird version of this character. I don't need like the Lois and Clark cat Grant, you know, Yeah, but this Cat Grant feels like they're like, we have to do the exact opposite of what we did over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, I'll tell you what. By far, favorite, Cat Grant pull us to flock cart.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I totally forgot that. That's I totally forgot that she played Cat Grant, huge.
Speaker 1: Part of season one and big reason why season one's my favorite season super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. From the few clips I saw of the show, she stole what what you know, whatever moments that she was in. I didn't. I didn't watch any of season one. I pretty much only started watching when John Criers Lex Sluthor came on to the show and I'm like, well, I guess I'll be watching that I watched.
Speaker 1: I was not watching super only more by that point, but I tuned in for every John Carr episode. Absolutely I understand. So turns out Cat Grant is also very anti vigilante. She pulls out our radio turns on you know talk radio Godfreed. Hey, yep, sne slip in Think Things Through.
Speaker 3: That was a nice slip. And then she's like, I'll give you the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because so Clark's listening to this guy talk all this this the you know, just the slander these vigilantes, right heroes really and then he like slams his hand on the radio turn off. He's like, hr is a strict the radio policy at work, Like that's good.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: And you know, we've all been around people who like, I don't know, I don't care what it is, but it's something's turned on in a place of business and annoys you, and you're like, you all want to do that. So we are all Clark at that moment. And uh and then she starts talking not only that, so it's like this escalation of like she's talking mess about that. Then she starts talking mess about Lois Lane. It's like, oh, Clark's like, hey, this desk is not for you, so oh yes it is. I'm a new partner. And she throws Lois's name tag away. And then in response to this, Clark the cookie that he had graciously taken him a cat rant, be careful their extra goody had just pain in this morning. Uh, he throws that in the trash, takes Lois's name tag out. That last shot. That's how we go to somebody saying. She's like, I don't think you get it. I'm a new partner, And just that whole like exasperated expression on Tom Wrlingk's face is really good, Like he excels at comedy. Yeah, he excels at being a villain. He excels a comedy, and he excels at all his interplay with Ericar Durantz. Those when he shines on their show, so great little.
Speaker 4: Moment comedic whise he is he definitely uh, he definitely excels in looking frustrated, annoyed, or completely taken off guard that the surprise. The surprise Tom Welling face could basically be a meme of you know too itself.
Speaker 3: Is how I got We all have a personal that at work. You just you're like they just keep going like they have no filter, like try to get to know you and like what you're like or what you know upsets you. They're just like, oh, Godfrey's so right, you know what I'm talking about all this? And Lois Lane did all this and He's like, you just started here, like you're already just want to talk trash about people?
Speaker 1: Is he is Jim Hoppard in search of a camera in those moments?
Speaker 4: Definite.
Speaker 1: I do I give the show credit for, like, because I was talking about he let's bild out the data planet staff. We need more than just three people we talked to, right, So I give him credit for bringing in this character, so I don't be too hard on how annoying she is, and she does get better, but I'm like, whoof man, she is tough tills follow when she first shows up. We got the opening credits, we come back, we see a lot of great scenes from from season ten. We do indeed see that Lois in the desert shot, and we see a bunch of We see Lois and Glasses, we see Clark and glasses so much false advertising.
Speaker 4: I love the glasses.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is the first opening credits with just the four of Tom America, Justin and uh Cassidy, and it's like, wow's four people, right.
Speaker 4: They really spread the names over the over the.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that they put that Alison Mack only an episode she was in, but I guess she had that shorter contract this season, and because because another other characters, like you know, or another actors, like when Erica Drantz first started or John Glover, like they had these like thirteen episode contracts. That's still like enough, but like if Alison Macs she was like what like in five or six, five or six episodes, you can't have her in twenty two.
Speaker 4: Every sea, Yeah, because then you have her fans who don't, because I mean for us who are in this space and we like learned, like I heard from interview, is how many episodes John Glover was doing, how many episodes Alison Mack was doing. That's for us, for people who watch the show and you know, maybe you know and maybe you know, like Chloe's character, If they keep coming back every week and seeing and Alison Mack in the credits and she once again isn't on it for you know, and that happens like seventeen times, that's you know, that's that's kind of a blow for them. So I definitely get why they opted to remove her for the episode she's not in.
Speaker 1: Do you wish she would have been in all these though? Like, do you wish she would have been in the full twenty or not? Just I'm not to the credits, I mean just as the character.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm glad to take a break from her. Quite frankly, I was agreeing with every every single annoying Chloe moment that drove you insane for the last for the past two seasons. Zach I was on board. I was on board every single time she I feel like they kind of assassinated her character and then rebuilt the character too many times. At this point, they kind of it was good to still have her for the history and to have both to have at least two cast members that made it through the entire series, so just for the history of it. It was cool to kind of technically have her a part of the main cast, but not really. I don't think they really knew what to do with her anyway. And then the episode where they bring her back this we're not going to.
Speaker 1: Talk No, no, I don't off the look and see who was on the schedule for that one. Apologies in advance. That's the Matrix episode. That's pretty rough, But Tyler, you feel the same anything Chloe's gonna play out by now.
Speaker 3: It is one of those where you get a character that people like and then you just keep them around. You're trying to find something for them to do, but you don't have anything for them because they serve their purpose. Yeah, and I think by pulling her back when she did show up, it made us more excited to see the character.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you were.
Speaker 3: Talking about like her and the credits kind of reminds me of a back in the day when you'd watch Batman sixty six and all of a sudden, you get the batgirl. Yeah, and you're like, oh, back's gonna be in this episode. It's kind of like that, that's.
Speaker 1: A good that's a good call back, that's good.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, I just I feel like it's interesting because I think about we're approaching the final season of Superman and Lowest and we know they had budget cuts and they were they pulled back who are the main cast you know of that show, to where like you said, on this show you only have four main cast members and nowhere else is like guest starring. Yeah, so it's a it's a it's a season of guest stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah. More, I mean because you get John Shrier, you get John Glover getting into a tool all back from multiple episodes, right, So it pays off. But in Chloe's absence, Tests is now gonna be Chloe, right, because Oliver's at the Watchtower and Test shows up. He's like, hey you he gave me a call, and Ili was just like, I can't find Chloe's gone. I can't find anywhere. And then this is when I think the reverencing back to the Legion episode right where he's like Chloe's been totally raced, just like there's no there's no evidence of forever. And I'm like, is was this them trying to because the whole thing with with you know, Chloe was its place in the future, right And they have the Legion put that line and it's.
Speaker 4: Like, oh wow, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 1: Look at them paying attention. But the Legions like we have no record of Chloe solve and like what does it mean? And like.
Speaker 4: Slay the ultimate tool for the record?
Speaker 3: Yeah, only My favorite line was only Chloe could erase Chloe so dramatic.
Speaker 4: If she had sunglasses, he should have taken them off as she was was who said that?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 4: Was that tests? Or is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Should do the day with Caruso. She's the redhead. She's got it already, absolutely, But I know that there's no digital record of Chloe Slovan anywhere, and I think this is I think this is what they were trying to tie those loosens together. But anyway, then then we it's like she never existed. But then this is them kind of positioning test to take over for Chloe, which which makes me think they had some inclination about this at the end of season nine when they had that episod over, there were like bonding together and the which they didn't end up bonding as much as I remember them doing when I actually episodeless, but there was that like, hey, we're more alike than we think, and you'd be the perfect person to take over for me because you're just as broken as I have kind of thing right, and I guess, like I don't know, that kind of does work out because Test is now kind of on the Good Guys team quote unquote, and we need something for her to do other than be like pseudo lex is she good as she bad? We're kind of moved past that. So she does slide in here very nicely. But then Oliver gives her this this this like goodbye letter that Chloe wrote Oliver and he thinks Tess wrote it to like because she's responsible for Chloe being gone, And you know, it's an interesting moment because Test reason it gets pretty emotional, right, She's like, Oliver, I didn't write this. Chloe did. And it just makes me again, reminds me that, like rewatching the show, I'm like, yeah, I'm way more of an Oliver Test shipper than an Oliver Chloe Chloe ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with that. There was something, Yeah, there's something more tragic about it when when you have a superhero who's a lot i mean left for all intensive purposes. Test was brought onto the show to be an antagonist, to be a shady antagonist that you can kind of use for multiple purposes, whether she was the full on villain, whether she was a supporting, you know, anti hero, something like that. There's something so interesting when a when a heroic character falls for a character like that, because there's always this feeling of the hero is attracted to their dark side in them, and then you know, then the other half is attracted to whatever light that you know comes from them. In a sense, you know, they kind of make a perfect pairing. But at the same time it's also very complex. But with Chloe and Oliver, it felt like, well, I mean, we need to give Chloe a honky guy because we've been we've been we've been keeping her away from from Clark and we've been killing her boyfriends, and so let's get the great at the end.
Speaker 1: I have always went that way. I was like, well, I mean, Chloe did it of a superman, but she ended up with basically Batman in this universe. So that's great. I'm glad because I just I wanted her to get a happy ending. Yeah, I was so sick she going to go crazy? Is she gonna die? Right? And then I'm watching the show because I was like in love with Chloe when I was a teenager watching this show, right of course, you know, I wanted her to have happy any with any get and then rewatching it. I mean, Johnny Mitchell, like, I was getting so frustrated the character. So now I'm too, Frankly, I'm like, yeah, let's get some let's get some new uh just those guilt ship and she to Clark and all this stuff, and I'm like, I'm just I'm kind of over.
Speaker 4: Somebody out of completely out of line. So many now, let's the show is littered with people who are hypocritical. Let's be honest. There's a whole lot of why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me? Chris crossing from all of them. But the tide was she basically like I can't remember what episode it was where she blatantly blames everything that happened to Jimmy on Clark and I'm just like, I don't understand what logic you're standing on here. Like literally every time Clark tried to do something, especially sending Davis into the phantom zone to avoid, you know, murdering him, and she was like, no, we can't do that. They they really really pig ponged her character, her motivation, and I wonder even, well, we're not going to find out now, but I wonder what Alison Mack actually thought about the writing for her character during during those during those periods, because it definitely.
Speaker 1: I can't wait when she's on Talk Fill and they can talk all about it.
Speaker 4: John Absolutely, yeah, yeah, so it should be very interesting from behind bars, that should be that would be very interesting. But I guess you.
Speaker 3: Brought up Tests writing the letter. You know, Test is like the tragic character who never quite gets embraced as one of them, Like she's brought in, she's fully accepted, and she's one that like in the end, like when she dies spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: We don't spoil the series finale on the show, Tiler, what is wrong with.
Speaker 3: I've been listening to the show for years. Nobody cares or it's like worst Tests or what happened to tests, like, yeah, it's like an open thread that just you know, she dies protecting them all and there's never anything that's like for tests.
Speaker 1: Well that that is super tragic. And that's why I think she resonates so much as a character ultimately, because she she is never really all these She loves Oliver and you know Oliver's moved on from her, and yeah, she's kind of got a thing for Clark Luthor, right, but he's evil and tries to kill her, and it's just like it's rough for her. Right, she loved Lex, I think before she knew he.
Speaker 4: Was her brothers. Cassidy's a great actress, and I think that's the reason why, like they kept writing interesting stuff for her, even if some of it was contradictory, you know, making her a looser. My opinion is that I say, in every writer's room there's a gigantic whiteboard and there's a whole lot of back door, trapdoor yeah things that they could use elements to keep characters on the show. And it's kind of creepy that they were like, well, you know, we're not quite sure if Tess is you know, Lex's sister or you know, mess around Buddy just yet. So let so we'll play it one way and then if the story goes in another direction, we'll just say, you know, Lionel select with another person, which, lets be honest, that track, Yeah he cleaned up, Yeah, Lionel definitely. Yeah, yeah, he's got more than a few kids out there.
Speaker 1: Definitely. In season eight, Hitch, I loved you. I'm like, yeah, that was a that was a loved things definitely. But here's the thing, right, Oh, also, all this odd stuff in season nine weird, but I kind of liked it, like it was really weird.
Speaker 4: That Yeah, that was pretty cool. It was a power thing. Yeah, it was a sexual power thing between the two of them. You know, they both felt strong that neither of them felt particularly weak. Each one was a very specific chess move every time the two of them did something evil or dirty.
Speaker 1: But I think them figuring out finally that oh she's Lena Luther, basically Lea Luther. Oh like perfect, because okay, secret siblings it's a thing, right, Usually it infuriates me when it's like, oh, yeah, this character had this other sibling we never heard about for ever. Lean Luther exists in the comics, right, So it's not like you just made this up one and two. To your point, John Lionel got around so he it totally like to me, that didn't feel like a ridiculous rick On felt like, oh now I finally understand why this care, how she fits in everything. I think it actually enhanced the character.
Speaker 3: It also explains why this character we hadn't really heard of had a prominent role in Luther Court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do you think I recruited?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Treated like my own flesh and blood? Like you know.
Speaker 3: It kind of makes you feel like okay, like okay, that makes sense because you know Lionel always kept tabs on things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wanted to make sure no one was coming Freddie for his money, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like his big son Lucas who giant role.
Speaker 1: Bottle of small history.
Speaker 4: Where the world is Lucas Luce. There, there's your sped off that they never did.
Speaker 1: All they had to do was write. I'm sure they thought they wrote him off with like a lion somewhere, and they just forgot like, no, you never said he died.
Speaker 3: He's just all you had to do is have Lex sitting there and someone comes walking in. He's like it's done. We put him in the ground and then he closes the laptop, like good.
Speaker 1: We spend more time with the clone Julian Luthor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Vampire Diaries, it's on the network. Just have him come over for like a day and just wrap that character up if.
Speaker 3: You wanted to. How easy? In season ten, the opening is Lucas walking into something and then there's one of the Lex clones. They're just like pop and sat down.
Speaker 1: So far past that eight years later, right, But anyway, so that sets up kind of we're sirely sending what Tessa's role is gonna be this season. H We'll go back to Cairo and Lois is looking at the IIS necklace, right, She's like, well, I thought those Sex and the City girls had got his taste. Was this before or after the Sex and the City movie where they go to the desert? I don't know.
Speaker 4: After that, right, I'm pretty sure it's after the first one came out, when The Dark Knight came out the same weekend. That is crilliant, absolutely, yeah. Yeah, the originally it was one of the original Barberheimer's kid.
Speaker 1: So Lois refers to Curter Hall here as you some kind of Inana Jones. You come to make sure that these are authentic artifacts and yeah. So it's like, okay, fair enough, you can tell. He's like, oh my gosh. So he texts Clark and he's like, Lois Lane is safe. You owe me big time. So I like how, I like how this doesn't just happen to be Oh my god, look good talking man, Like this is all planned, This is all you know, set up this way. And they start talking about the sun god raw and then she starts talking about what if the guy's seen across from you was the sun God raw? So this is her like trying to talk about this without talking about it. This is a cute scene.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: And then especially when he drops the line, why don't you just go ask Clark? Yeah, because he just gets tired of her talking like in circles and like trying not to stuff. He's like, look, let's just get the cat out of the bag. Let's let's get it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we'll just cut through it. I love it, and this character would do that, right. But hey, let's not forget that. A tea comes in and brings them some tea, I assume, and that's uh, it's uh Barry Allen and Iris west S daughter from the Future. It's yeah, she is still a terrible actress. She gets better by the time she's up in the Flash. I guess she took some I mean, look, I'm just being real all she's she's not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love her in the Flash. She had better chemistry with Grant Gustin.
Speaker 1: Than everyone great Tyler, everyone had better chemistry than Kenny Scottons.
Speaker 3: I still wish. I still go back and say they screwed up and they let Patty leave the series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had great chemistry. I fell off the show at the middle of season four. I just I couldn't anymore. It was brilliant, but you know, it's just star Yeah. I don't even need to get into that. They're writing was got awful.
Speaker 1: But they're they're sprinkling in the suicide squad here, So we see Plastick here. We don't know you ever gonna see her again. We're gonna see her fiery eyes and know that I know that that was her. We'll talk about it, right, But that's such a I don't like the suicide squad in Smallville like I I mean, Aero obviously has the best live action suicide squad.
Speaker 4: We got to spend a little more time with them too.
Speaker 1: We do we and there's so much better they are the better.
Speaker 3: It's the characters they chose, like Plastic and then parasite, like the small vill.
Speaker 1: Like that's the Injustice League, Tyler. Let's not be confused.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: But plastic at all. She's on all the lame teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the off shoots. Yeah, all the off shoots, the off brand versions. We had the suicide squad at home.
Speaker 1: We haven't suicide squad at all. That's that's who these guys are. Oh my gosh, at least John McCain destro is not leading the suicide squad.
Speaker 3: That is the one that's probably the one casting to his whole series. I'm like, what were you thinking, Well, it's.
Speaker 1: Like he has an eyepatch on Bostar Galactica, so I guess he can be slaved. At the time, I didn't underst I didn't understand how wrong casting that was because I didn't really know much about death Stroke or anything for the comics.
Speaker 4: And likewise, same thing. Actually, I didn't think much of it. It was Michael Hogan is a is a sort of an iconic science fiction actor and he was playing this you know, you know this antagonist. Yeah, exactly, And so I'm like it's a role that he'd play, he could do in his sleep. So I didn't think very much of it. But yeah, once I started understanding the mythology of the character and seeing him on Justice League as well, I'm like, oh, okay, yeah, I think he's someone owed him a favor or I don't know someone.
Speaker 1: I mean, all the Canadian actors up there with BSG, like, it was all a lot of crossover a lot of those actors.
Speaker 3: So it took me a minute to realize that he was like death Stroke. Like he said, Slade Wilson, I just hadn't put the name with like the character yet. And then he yeah, even when he says that, I was like, that's kind of funny and.
Speaker 1: The most inous lines to me of this show.
Speaker 3: And then later on I was like it dawned on me, like oh my god, that's oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was just like, ah, that's all right, and hey, you know what Hawkman talks about dying and who kills him John McCain, Dead Strokes. There was no escape from that conversation. But uh we uh we cut back to Uh Clark and Cat and uh they're going out to out to Kat's car and uh, and we see this guy with an eyepiece and it's got a bunch of stats on it and he's looking at I think it's just like a like a Dodge something. I I want to say it is. I want to say that, you know, my best friend Lance Last from Ice on Air. I'm pretty sure he had the same car. The inside looked very different, I would hope, so I think this was his car, Lance, let me know. But then what I don't Why is dead Shot a cowboy? Right?
Speaker 4: Steep punk cowboy thing? I didn't get. That threw me off completely.
Speaker 3: I have that my notes, like when did dead Shot become like a cowboy? Like when did we get the wild West dead Shot? Like, I don't remember that in the comics unless these are from comics I never read or new existed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like dead Shot? I mean obviously, again, the best one is from Marrow. He had a great story arc there. And then you know Will Smith. I love Little Smith. So yeah, he's fine. We'd be some kind of suicide.
Speaker 4: He's doing his thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did what he was hired to do in that triangle bitch.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: So we see this magic bullet, it's the JFK bullet, it's the bending bullet. I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's supposed to if if you're if you're a Bond fan, when the Scaramanga sends him a bullet with the double oh seven etched in it, that was That's the first thing I thought of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that has gotta be the inspiration.
Speaker 4: Right, if he was a cooler villain, it would have been awesome. They should have made it more like Scarabaga.
Speaker 1: Christopher Lee so wasted though, and then one of the worst James Bond movies.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh yeah, yeah, he's the best thing about the movie. He's the best thing about most of his films. He is, he is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we get that. We we just follow this bullet kind of zooming through all this stuff, and he goes into the tailpipe of Cat Grant's car and she makes them really obnoxious like Grandpa always said, buckle up, and I'm like, oh my god, yeah, and the car blows up, like please let her die, and this explodation.
Speaker 4: It's the opening credits a casino. The opening credits a casino with the car going up and then the flames everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's true, so it's an epic super save. Right, he gets her out of that car, and because it's season ten, we gotta like Clark's entire body blocks the car blowing up behind them, so we don't really have to see a lot. It's very clever blocking, right, Yeah, but yeah, it's like her car is upside down on the street and and flames. We cut the commercial. We come back and Clark is holding, as you said, the this Caravega bullet right, it's it's yeah, and it looks like it has the letters cat Grant on it, but as we find out, it really has the letters Clark Kin on it.
Speaker 3: So my question to you about that is, what's what's his whole point? Like, what is he trying to accomplish?
Speaker 1: Well, later on it makes sense because it's like, oh, clark Kin is bulletproof. How are we going to shoot him? I know we'll attack somebody that he's closer. Yeah, but then that, but but then that doesn't really explain this, and it also doesn't explain an All they need to do is hit him with and it doesn't have to kill him. It just leaves a marker on him. For them to track them, right.
Speaker 3: That's all they want is to track him. And then we see later on that Hawkman just puts water on his face and it does the same thing. So I feel like it's so convoluted and drawn out that they're just trying to track Clark. Yeah, you know, and they're trying to make it a mystery and a twist like Nope, they're after Clark, not Cat.
Speaker 4: And I'm starting to think they chose Kat Grant's name purely so that they can do the twist of it being because of the amount of letters that are sim Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if that's the whole freaking reason they used it. Just goes ah, look at the names. They have the same, they have the right letters in it. We can missmash it.
Speaker 1: They wrote this whole episode and the song's like, hey, guys, didn't we use her last season? Like all right, we'll write a lie in it. Ron Troop doesn't have the same letters as a Cat Grant unfortunately, so she's.
Speaker 3: Not really Cat Grant. She's just she stole that name. She's really this person that's later on in my notes.
Speaker 1: What's funny is Cat Grant is like I was a valuatorian who would want to kill me and Clark' say maybe they confused you with somebody else. And it's like, remember we just talked about how you're not the woman from the TV show. This would have been the time to lean into that more. But that's such an afterthought, right, But then she starts going off about how Lois Lane's and conspiracy theorists and you sound like her and you know, always rallying against you know, normal people. He's like normal people and like it's like lifestyle choices, like whoa you know, so like the other they're trying to get in political Yeah right, this is this is them. Okay again, I like there's other characters of the Daily Planet, and I do look, I do give this. This episode is a really messy set up for a plot line for the whole season, and it's about like hey, vigilantes and coming out of the shadows and all that sort of stuff. I like that idea, but like you were talking about, Tyler, it's a very convoluted set up and it's all it kind of gets lost in this in this half baked mystery, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It is like it's just once you watch the other and you go back and you're like, if they're just trying to tag them, there is a much easier way.
Speaker 1: M hmm. Well, and well she doesn't make a good point because Clark's like, wholla, she used to say these things about these people if they can't defend themselves, and she's like, well, why don't they just come out and speak out for themselves. I was like, well, yeah, that's actually good point, and that's I guess that's why Oliver, you know, says I am iron Man.
Speaker 4: Later this season, they played the Black Sabbat song afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this Believe or Not, y'all, this is post iron Man, right, I mean we were small list so long we were we were the MCU was ongoing right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it started before that. It started before Sam Raii's before Sam Raimi Spider Man, and it ends right after the beginning of the MCU. It's pretty wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do love or She's like, well, who would want to kill me? And Clark's like, okay, well that like half second of like oh my gosh from Tom Well, like it's a great, great moment there. He's like, hey, you know what, you can stay at a friend's apartment they won't mind. And I was like, what what friends apartment is she gonna be in? Like I don't I'm trying to think, and I'm like, oh, it's the talent because again, we built that set town in two thousand and three or whenever we first saw that set. So we're gonna use all these sets all we can. We're gonna go on a three hour ride to Smallville.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they couldn't just redress some of these sets. I just find because it's it's not like it's not like the Talent apartment is so rich and complex that they can't do anything with it. It's like, move some furniture around block, get differently and say that this is an apartment in Metropolis. But I don't know. I feel like there's this sort of like they want to keep reminding you of Smallville, and it's like, we understand, we understand you guys didn't want to change the title. You shouldn't have anyway, because I mean, it just wouldn't make sense at this point. There's really no need to constantly be reminding us of Smallville. Lois already calls him that every episode that's about.
Speaker 3: To say you know that the switches that the meaning of Smallville goes from the place to meaning him exactly. It's like, instead of naming the show Clark Kent, we call it Smallville, you know his nicknames. That's the legacy that that show takes on because it's like, you know, it's him. And Yeah, to your point, that goes back to what I was saying earlier about certain characters even even settings that outweigh or outlast what they're needed. And we were at a point now where from season eight on, like they had to find a way to get back to Smallville. And Zach, I know you and I had this conversation. You've had it with a lot of people. The distance between Atropolis and small vill keeps shrinking and shrinking and shrinking, Like it was like a three hour drive, you know. Now it's just like a ten to fifteen minute commute, maybe thirty maybe thirty. No one will be looking for you in Smallville. I just that was a funny line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, creating that Like what was that like that train or that let that rail from what they're still using that right or was that exclusively for season.
Speaker 1: They've they've mentioned with the trade down like they've mentioned that, so I'm sure that's it.
Speaker 4: All they had to say was that all literally literally one episode, you have Lex donating a lot of money for a big project that could get you from small Villa metropolis in ninety minutes. That at least I'll accept that, or an hour, I'll accept that at least. But it's just sort of, you know, you just sort of has to accept the fact that apparently these people really really enjoy a nice long ride to work in the morning. You start early, leave at three am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, right, but hey, who is that the talent apartment? I guess Clark didn't check with anybody before sending Kat Grant there. Because Oliver is there just going through stuff. He sees this picture of Chloe, the selfie of her in like bed. I'm like, when was this cake in? Right?
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, like that was a weird self was one of those? Maybe maybe she sent him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice for her to leave that there for him, though, I thank you.
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting she printed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she also leaves this bottle, like this empty bottle. What could it be? We'll find out later. But Oliver he hears he hears somebody coming in, So he ducks out and Cat Grant comes in. She's got the classic grocery bag of a you know, a loaf of bread and a and a piece of lettuce. Every that's every Hollywood grocery bag. Just love that. Look here's the deal, Cat Grant. She's kind of annoy right, and she's pretty anti you know, quote unquote vigilanti. She even had like a newspaper article about like the green arrow was like the mean arrow in her old newspaper. That was pretty funny, right, So she turns around who she see but the mean narrow himself. I'm like, I guess Oliver stashes green arrow gear with him when.
Speaker 3: He my My biggest quote was wow, that was a fast change. Like he changed faster than like Superman, Like all of a sudden, he's he's in full I'm just like, you know, the jacket, the shirt, the jeans. Then like he hears a sound boom, full green arrow costume.
Speaker 4: Like David Spade and Tommy Boy on the airplane. If anyone gets you, anyone gets you that reference. He walks into the bathroom wearing one thing, comes out wearing a different thing in about two seconds.
Speaker 1: I mean it would have been more since that he was just already in the green arrow costume. Yeah, yeah, I guess he's Oliver. He has a right to be there already. But whatever, but she just she pulls out like a pepper spray and a taser and an air horny. He just defeats one after the other. That was a rather amusing exchange, and he's I'm not doing it for the moody. The voice changer's back. I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the voice changer on him, Darler.
Speaker 1: They're really whiting it, hope. Though when restored it was like this, I know, I feel like it was a little bit like this, and all of his voices like this, and it's like, guys, there's there's almost no point in doing. And now she has eyewitness testimony that vigilantis have been torturing people in the brewery by the docks, and on her BlackBerry, he said, shoot that, and he takes a BlackBerry and he disappears and does the whole Batman thing. So that's what that feels like. But that this is a crucial clue actually for Oliver because this is where he was. He was the person being tortured down by the found by the docks.
Speaker 4: Right, and then in the in the dank warehouse or whatever with the chains all over the place.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: You know, the other think it's funny when they talk about Vigilannes in the shadows, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, that's their whole point, that's the idea. Yeah, it's just like when we committee.
Speaker 3: Like, why are you wearing a mask? That's the whole point. Like so you don't know who I am? Like, have we not ever read a book or watched a movie? Here a show or something like? Do they not exist in this world?
Speaker 1: War Angel? People?
Speaker 3: People know exactly what I say, Warrior Angel, Like, why did Warrior Angel hide his identity?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The classic, the classic of secret identity thing has definitely been kind of scrubbed away from from superhero media for for a bit now, And there was like a period of time where you almost got frustrated with it. You're like, oh God, why you just tell people? And then now we're on the flip side of that, and I'm like, now now they're kind of it's like the boys, like they're more like in the universe, they're more like celebrities as opposed to you know, superheroes who are just doing this because it's right.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's you effect, I think, because there's you and I'm one of those people. John, I'm like, hey, yeah, I please bring back secret identities. There's there's so much fun story potential, so much of the whimsy of these characters comes. It's built in.
Speaker 4: It's built in conflict. It's right there. Yeah, Like, well, narratively, you have a conflict right there you can.
Speaker 1: Use because we can all relate to that. Not that like we have these double lives and we're off saving the world, right, But it's like because things that I'm just trying to protect my secret identity.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: But it's like you have a confide, you have something you want to do, something you need to do, and you always like I gotta do what I need to do and you can't do what you want to do and you can, like you know, relate, teaches you like responsibility and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Speaking of secret identities, we find out the cat Grant it's not her real name.
Speaker 3: Tyler, Nope, Mary Louise.
Speaker 4: Sure, she looks like a Mary Louis. She looks like a Mary Louise. I'll buy it.
Speaker 1: I looked that up and I was like, I couldn't find any precedent for.
Speaker 3: That, So that's how they work around that. She's Cat but she's not Cat.
Speaker 1: I guess that's what she just took that lady's name from the TV. I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess if I was being hunted, I would change my name to Zach Moore. There you go, There you go, talks about Superman. Must be the same guy, not the one for the podcast.
Speaker 1: But Clark's down He's down there looking at personal files on the Daily Planet and hard copy like not on the computer, but I guess it's twenty eleven, so sure whatever.
Speaker 3: That's how he had to get to find out her name was changed her digital files.
Speaker 1: But Tess is down there and she's like, oh, yeah, for to have a lot in common, Like, oh, I get it because the secrets and you know, sure, there's still this interesting like Clark still doesn't really like and trust tests and she keeps wanting him to trust her, and like, I don't really blame Clark because she's been some shady stuff for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, because every time she every time she helps, she'll help with something that's great, and then he'll find out two other things about her. Hey, he'll find out that in helping him she did something very sinister duplicit is, or she'll he'll find out another thing like he was. She was helping him, but she left out some information, so it was lying by omission. So I mean, you know, he's got a lot of trust issues, stretching back to his first boyfriend, Lex the So I mean, I get it. I mean, Tests is it's the thing is, it's just her nature and that's kind of that's her arc this season is the part of her that's looser and the part of her that wants to be something else. I mean that goes back to Lex in the first few seasons. But when they did it with with with Tests with Cassidy, it it fortunately to me at least, didn't feel like they were just treading old ground. I felt like her relationship with Clark was very interesting and you understood why she for her. I feel like if Clark fully trusted her, she'd finally feel as though, maybe not full redemption, but she'd actually you know, feel like he's atoning for for all of her, for a lot of her evil actions. But unfortunately, when you become desperate for something, you then start doing you know, desperate things. So when she does that, then it shows her darker side again. So every time she gets a little bit ahead, she gets knocked back a few steps.
Speaker 1: But she she's always willing to help Clark to kind of proof for you know, Willing needs to be one of the good guys right now, right, and that's that's what that's what we're going for now. And you know, it's funny Clark, men, She's like, something's going on with Cat Like you're speaking suspicious phone calls and like, yeah, these suspicious phone calls going to go. They're not like her son, for guys, it's just funny that that's the first place he goes, right, But he goes in and say, like, you know, her car got blown up today and the explosion was caused by a bullet launched perfectly in the combustion chamber. It's graved. The letters that you can see are AAR N T, which could potentially be catrant and they could also potentially be Clark can't. But Tess has seen this work before and she I loved for her old her old Apple computer on her desk like that that takes me back when like I like I think it was like coffee shops I used to go to had those kind of computers to use and like the giant white ivacs. Anyway, she pulls up FBI five most funted fugitives like this basic Microsoft painto Graphic website. Dead Shot pulls them up right, makes sense. The test with being the chickmate world, you know, she knows about these kinds of thing. Check me. Could never I d him, but they just called him dead Shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dead Shot. He's right up there with Bin Laden and Hannibal Lecter on the on the top five.
Speaker 1: Shot. So occasionally I'll alter it if I can't really hear something, I'll you know, turned on the subtitles of rewind and look again. So I did that with this episode for a couple of times, and they have to be on for this this scene. It says dead Shot Southern accent but for dead Shot, which should we laugh?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: This dead Shot he's played by Bradley Striker, and I guess him and Justin Harley hit it off because he was most recently in an episode of Tracker, so he's you guests started in that. He was in an episode of Arrow, So he was in an episode.
Speaker 4: Of fringeisode Fringe Classic not appreciated enough.
Speaker 1: Love Fringe It's It's it's half the length of the X Files, and even better.
Speaker 4: So because it actually ends, and it actually gives a propert.
Speaker 1: Closer to their arc and payoff for all the I highly recommend French, could not recommend enough. But I just wanted to call that out. I thought it was interesting that he's, you know, he's still hardworking actor day and he was on Tracker with Justin Harley recently.
Speaker 3: So throw he was also in Supernatural.
Speaker 1: There you go, Supernatural.
Speaker 4: Everyone was Supernatural exactly. Even I was in Supernatural at some point. I mean, every every every everybody's been on that show.
Speaker 1: So this establishes the dead shot didn't know that Clark Kent was bulletproof. But again, what so why would you blow up a car if you're trying to Mark Clark. I mean, to your point, Tyler just makes no.
Speaker 3: Sense once you find I mean, we're gonna get a line here later. I want to bring this up right now about Kat. You know, Adam her son, and they had to take her from his dad. Wouldn't have been better if just Floyd was Adam's dad or something? Yeah, you know what I'm saying, like he's after her for his son, you know.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's the whole thing dead Shot, his backstory and his daughter, right yeah, so I mean they can a child whoever, right, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I'm just saying like they could have made something or like the dad had hired him or something. I don't know, because, like I said, once you figure it out that it's Clark he's after and he's there to marking and we don't really see like he's testing Clark or he's trying to like figure out his powers or anything, then you're just kind of like the what.
Speaker 2: Was all this?
Speaker 1: Like dead Shot needs to be his own one off episode. You call it dead Shot and it's a guy trying to get Clark and then eventually makes a krypt Night bullet or something like. That's what you do.
Speaker 4: Like he's just running the who's running Checkmate? Or the suicide squad? Right now? Who's Rick Flagg answering to do? They ever? That's it. It's just he's just he's the top.
Speaker 1: Dog and then.
Speaker 4: In charge, right yeah sure, yeah, but it's it would have been interesting as if we found out that, yeah, like if we had done if they had done something like that, and Flag had you know, had lied and manipulated Floyd saying, hey, you know this that and the other thing is happening, and you know your kid this that, and then just manipulates him into into trying to kill Clark or whatever insane thing that they were trying to do. Because at least that goes to just how how ruthless and unscrupulous Checkmate or suicide squad is that that they would use his vulnerabilities against him to make him want to have a little bit more of a dog in the fight, because he's just kind of like, yeah, I'm a part of the suicide squad, I'm going to do this. I'm going to do that. I'm the bad guy. And if you gave him, if you know, he gave him a little bit more agency, and you actually gave him a little bit more stake in it, then his desire to kill one or both of them, it makes him more of an an intimidating villain. But as it stands, he's just a very strangely dressed henchman who's just been unleashed to commit this very strange, convoluted.
Speaker 1: HiT's like a bond villain at this point wed.
Speaker 4: He's kind of there. They should have made him more more like Francisco Scaramanga, if they made him more like that, like you know, like why not, Like he's he's a guy of high society and he likes but he also likes to, you know, kill people for a living. That would be kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: So this eyepiece he has, I want to say, it's the same one the guy from Arrow has his big red eye. Fies like it might be the same prop I don't know, but it's just this probably giant steampunk looking red eye Fe's is all kind of the same to me. I don't know. But after dead Shot loses his eye, and that's the other thing. It's like at least Arrow had the balls to like actually bake dead Shot and one eyed. You know, that was pretty cool, right, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, ditch Shot has done significantly better on that. I mean a lot of things are done significantly better than that.
Speaker 1: Season Season ten of Smallville has done better in season two of Aarro. Let's just's just so much of these characters, right, Dead, death Stroke, dead Shot, you know down the list, right, But anyway, that establishes the greater plot with dead Shot. I'm like, okay, well all you remember about him is this goofy cowboy for no reason. That's all you remember.
Speaker 4: They thought they were doing Jonah Hexts and then they realized that they were doing dead Shot, but they already made the costume.
Speaker 1: Dude, that was totally I could say my notes on like Jonah Hex's question mark because you see, like he has a scratch on his face, and I was like, is this.
Speaker 5: Like it?
Speaker 3: When did Jonah Hext's movie come out before this?
Speaker 1: So maybe something Yeah, maybe the costume, like hey you can use this.
Speaker 4: Maybe they were like through the trash, do you want to use it?
Speaker 1: Is Jolin's costume?
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: Maybe they were going to do like he was Jonah Hexts and they're like, oh, you can't use that character, and they had already like started and like, h We're just going to change into dead Shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would make even less sense than dead Shot here though, Tyler unfortunately, right, Oh.
Speaker 3: I mean it would. It's twenty ten when that movie came out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the summer before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe they were so inspired, they were so inspired by that masterpiece that character. Bring that yeah, bring that energy.
Speaker 1: You know, some some people some people say Supergirl or Batman or Robber are the worst comic movies of all time. I say, Jonah Hacks.
Speaker 4: I saw that absolutely. You know, Supergirl and Batman Robin have a great charm about them. There's a lot of creativity, there's truth, you know what I mean. See, you could always find something fun, especially if you're inebriated. It's always a blast to watch either of those.
Speaker 1: Even Catwoman has that insane basketball scene.
Speaker 4: You know, it's yeah, it's absolutely I think there's one.
Speaker 1: Of Jonah Hacks other than an interesting point that people forget Michael Fassman for Yeah, I was just gonna say he's in that John Malcovich.
Speaker 4: You know, it's always good to see John.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of French, and so is uh Jeffrey Dean Morgan's and I think.
Speaker 1: That's right, he's that corpse he talks to see Olet you watching Hex But no, it really is the worst chromic movie of all time. So except for the flash, am I right? Anyway, let's move on, mcal we come back from commercial and of course Kat Grant has a I Believe in Unicorns t shirt, which is like, okay, we get it now. It is cute that she's wearing this bulletproof vest the whole time. I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that feels like it would be someone who's paranoid after being like found out there's a bullet shot and you're scared and being attapped by the green arrow.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, it's kind of the it's sort of a perfect it's sort of like a perfect what do you call it, microcosm for her character because she's well, like pink and bubbly on the outside, but then she has this sort of dark secret. So in this case, she has her her bubbly outfits, but she's also wearing kevlar underneath it. So yeah, that that definitely works. Every time they have a bad idea, they've got something that kind of works out fine.
Speaker 1: I also am really impressed by I don't know if it's Kloe or Lois or who claims as a part of any Mormon, really impressed by their knife set because when Kat hears the noise at the door, she pulls giant knife. It looks nice knife. You know it's Clark and he's here, and he's in his red shirt, blue jacket, and I don't think you've seen this outfit a while when when he stopped wearing the blue shirt red jacket. They took out the red shard blue jacket from the rotation too. I don't this very well. Maybe the last time we see this combination of clothing, we'll have to keep an eye for it. I didn't do a counter for this, you know, quote unquote bizarro combination.
Speaker 4: I think you do see it again. I think you do. I'm not one hundred percent positive, but I think there's at least one more time.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're wrong, we're gonna laugh at you, John.
Speaker 4: That's fine. That's fine. I laugh at myself every day.
Speaker 1: But it is a wise decision too. When he's like, you know, when he goes and throws away the blue shirt red jacket, it's like it would make sense to not wear this as well. So because he's I really liked his I really have really like Clark's wardrobe and season nine and ten because he's like wearing normal clothes. He's not this silly. And yes, I know the irony for me saying this because Superman comes from the com books, but he's not the silly cartoon character of a person anymore. Wearing the same thing every time. It's funny.
Speaker 3: It is funny because we talked about before, like an earlier season where like he'd be like a white T shirt with a flannel, a flannel, yeah, around jacket. And then there was an episode Zach I was on with you we talked about he wore a white shirt with like a yellow and black flannel. It's the only time we've ever seen wearing yellow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looked good on him too. Yeah, like my, my, my, My two passions are film and fashion. I love clothes. I have way too much. You're one hundred percent corrects. Back in the earlier seasons and even just the previous season, they were like, let's see Tom Welling in more than one outfits. You have this, you know, you have this character who has more than just blue and red. You could incorporate gold and yellow and all that, and they for some reason just decided to turn him into a cartoon character and give because I mean, obviously we know that in some season seven and eight it was meant to be his proto costume. Yeah, but it's not. It was a jacket.
Speaker 1: Least I'm gonna put this when I do superheroes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then that's all he wore, and I'm like Is he sleeping in that stuff? Does he just does he have like Bulky.
Speaker 1: In every premiere It's like he's always in that, always in that costume.
Speaker 4: Either of you seen last action here out with Arnold Schwartze, Oh yeah, yeah? Is this scene where they go into his apartment and he opens up the closet door and it's just red shirts, just brown leather jackets, jeans and boots. And I'm like, is does that? Is that what Clark has? Or is he just very fast at washing the only set he has over the.
Speaker 1: Kids bought in bulk when they bought their clothes.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, exactly, he bought in bulk. He found what worked. Gonna stick with you.
Speaker 1: The thing was like it was it was like he's they started that. I think there might have been one instance in season one when it was a different jacket, but he's like he kind of had a red jacket over a blue shirt or something. And then in season two they started to stink that in. It was like a really important episode. It's like Insurgents Rosetta, right, It's like, okay, big time stuff. But then by the time season four came along, I think seasons four through seven literally every two or three episodes, and that's why I have that counter which is ridiculously high. But I decided it's a different blue shirt red jacket than the biker jacket we're going to talk about at the end of this episode because and that's and that's kind of my problem with the biker jacket, because it's kind of the same, but it's kind of different. But anyway, enough about his clothes, although we consider another hour talking about it.
Speaker 4: I could talk about what looks good on Tom Welling all day. I wish the costume designers could have had that conversation too.
Speaker 1: Oh it's true. It's true. So uh, Clark starts stalking to Cat and we get we get the real backstory about like, hey, you know, I had a son running away from his father. Things went bad, it changed my name, and it's like so she becomes like she becomes more sympathetic knowing about like she has some real world stuff she's dealing with, and she's not just this like you know, you know airhead, you know, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Her son is that her his grandparents, which would be her parents. And I guess if I was trying to find my child, those were one of the first people I would track down.
Speaker 4: Mmming to Sarah Khan mother.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, if it was like well, if I can't find my wife or my girlfriend or whatever, her parents would probably be a good place to go to at least find on information about where she might be. So, you know, I've always I always joked with my wife we ever had to hide our kids or whatever, Like I have some trusted friends who live you know, distance, like I would put my kids there because.
Speaker 4: If something that situation ever has to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah exactly. But you know what I'm saying, Like one of those jokes you're watching the show and you're kind of talking about, well, if I was doing this, I would be like this.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're apocalypse plan.
Speaker 3: So because like, oh, we'll put them with your parents or you know, with my brother. Yeah, the first places people would think to look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the thing that KNT Grant's sort of the thing that the character suffers from is that she was used as a lynchpin in a story with too many disparate storylines, and it just doesn't come together. It doesn't gel well together. And I guess considering the character is as nuts kind of quirky as she is, and how kind of insane the plot is. I guess they figured all of this is happening in such a breakneck pace that they're kind of expecting you not to ask too many questions. I mean, that's a lot of episodes. Yeah, that's them of a lot of episodes though, and it's you know, it's what you do when you love a show like this.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say that that her parents took her son to a safe place that her ex does not know where.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 1: That's what we're gonna make my assumption. Cabin in the woods, Cabin in the woods, say there you go, Nothing bad ever happens at a cabin in the woods.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 4: But it's not the inn that they it's not the the bed and breakfast that they all went to last season, the McDougall in, Yeah, that's where they ended up going.
Speaker 1: I will say this episode has a little bit of a theme going on to it about like relationships and stuff, because like obviously it's like the Oliver Chloe things going on for Oliver, and you know, without Shaira and Carcter Hall, we didn't really I keep I can't believe we keep I mean, forgetting what Hawkman's name is. I guess it early is.
Speaker 3: Cartar, It's Carter, but like it's like yeah, it's like it's like how you pronounce it, like trying to break it up.
Speaker 1: Oh man, this is what we get the reason Shaiir we know from Justice League the cartoon because I say it all the time, but like, there wasn't Jean Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's yeah, exactly is Jean. And then he's like John.
Speaker 1: Hawkman and hawk Girl. They have their thing going on. And then Clark's here talking because cast's talking about relationships. Clark's talking about you know, him and Lois and you know, he's like, you find someone, it feels right, but then it can feel wrong because you're trying to do something for other people. I don't know. They're kind of opening up to each other now and it's and it's good. It's it's a good bonding moment between them.
Speaker 4: I like it. Yeah, they go very big on The relationship theme is very heavy in this, which is what makes the Suicide Squad stuff feel very It feels like it's being almost jammed into this because you're right, just about every other set of characters has something to discuss. Oliver and Tess are obviously talking about Oliver and Chloe and Oliver and Tests themselves already have a connective tissue a former relationship. Then you have Clark and Lewis, you have Lois and Carter talking about their significant others. And then there's of course a lot of like you know, wearing a certain face for certain things, lying by omission for protection's sake. There's a there's a lot of that going through, and it feels a lot more smooth when you're not focusing on the suicide squad stuff. I feel like they they they kind of just wanted to jam these these things together, and that's why it feels a little off like this. You know, there's we have all these discussions of relationships, and then you have like Rick Flagg, you know, Quasi flirting with Oliver in their little torture session at the very ends, like something, oh you were you were the only one I couldn't break. I'm like okay, and there's chains on the floor and all that. I'm like this, this this is starting to get a little weird, you know.
Speaker 1: I gotta say it didn't strike with the rewatching this, but you know, yeah, there was the low list theury C H L O. I s where Chloe was gonna come Lois Lane right in course of the show, and I when the show was on, I was a thousand per cent behind that theory. And I still feel like the other should have done that or maybe never had Chloe on the show at this point, seeing how the character ended up, right, you know what I'm saying, like they just anyway, they didn't know what to do with her.
Speaker 4: Eh.
Speaker 1: But right here, right here, in this very episode and this very scene we're talking about, we have Cat Grant saying now I have to hide behind the power of the pin and a new name, making sure nobody knows who's behind the words unprinting. I'm like, there it is there. It is in a show where we got Henry James Olsen.
Speaker 4: They can love doing that. Yeah anyway, Yeah, and there, I mean there was that theory for a while that Lionel was gonna end up being lex.
Speaker 1: Remember he shaved his head.
Speaker 4: His head got shaved. That's it, I Luthor, that's it.
Speaker 1: So you have to do the prosecution rests case closed absolutely, But Clark, hey, he he points out the Cat grant, Hey, what you're doing is just like what the Vigilanes are doing, and that kind of like hits hers like oh wow, so you go now, but she is still kind of anti Vigilanti the rest of the season, and she is I recall.
Speaker 4: So yeah, anyway, I forgot she's in the rest of the season. To be honest with you, I haven't. I haven't continued to Supergirl yet.
Speaker 1: There's she's in four episodes of season ten.
Speaker 3: Four okay, because I remember there's some point where she has a confrontation with Lois.
Speaker 1: I think that's in the Booster Gold episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I watched that one last year and for some of the don't.
Speaker 1: I know she's in it because she's like, wants to be in she wants to be Booster Gold and he's like, yeah, I'm gonna wait a little lane. So but this is a good line for her, and I think this is a good line for parents everywhere, single moms as well. Right, you know, the world but never see me as some big hero. But by Sonwell, oh my god, maybe Sunday by son Well. I'm like, yeah, it's a good message. You know, she's a goofy person, she's she's she can't. She's kind of annoyed to people, but she's doing this first sun and I really respect that that resonated with me.
Speaker 4: So even the most irritating people have had some good qualities exactly.
Speaker 1: So, uh Clark is a text from test and he's gonna run off, and uh Cat's like, hey, whe where are you going? Car's like, no, stay here, You'll be safe.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: She looks over to the coat rack of the talent and she sees this trench coat and this wig. Does this count as Lois's costume closet?
Speaker 3: My friends?
Speaker 1: I guess that's the only reason why that's there, right.
Speaker 3: Because Chloy didn't wear it for anything, Like I always forget who's in and out of the apartment, you know, But Chloe didn't wear it.
Speaker 4: And but that awful black that the awful black wig is a I mean, I guess, God that that wig looks like that. It looks like Courtney Cox's hair and screamed three. So yeah, it was. It's brutal, and it looks awful on her too. I mean, yeah, I guess, But I don't recall seeing this hair in the past. But considering all the all of the disguises, that she's accumulated. I wouldn't be surprised if she decided, what if I want to have the worst hair I've ever had? Imaginable.
Speaker 1: I leave it to the guests, but it sounds like we're in alignment. We're calling that Lewis's costing closets, so so we're like, what is she gonna do with that? But we'll find out shortly. Now we cut back to Africa, and I like the look. It's two people sitting in a tent drinking, but the direction's pretty cool. I got a little three sixty camera around him, bring some dynamic stuff to Carter and leis here and she's talking about like, hey, like what if are you supposed to make his life easier or harder? And you know, like and then she guesses that like, oh, they sent you here to make sure I was safe, huh and uh. He's like, yeah, he worries about you. You know, they don't know that you know, he has his powers and anyway, it's this is a good scene between them, right and then and then we slowly get into the Carter's talking about Shira, right and he then he he's waxing poetic about how like they would find each other and all this sort of thing. It's some good romantic stuff. But then we we see his point of view and we see Lois and this is the only time we see hawk Girl on the Smallville, right we see her turn into Shiira, and then Carter goes and gives her a kiss. And I was like, you know what, I've totally kind of forgot about this aspect because shame.
Speaker 4: I totally forgot about that too.
Speaker 3: I did it because I hate it.
Speaker 1: I laughed so much. Oh, I hate it too, but I laugh so much about how Lois like dates or kisses every single Justice League member on this show, and I forgot Hawkman is on the list. So yeah, Tyler, tell us your feelings about I just.
Speaker 3: I get how he's caught up and he sees Shaira, but I just didn't like it, like because I mean, we already have to wrestle with Oh, she dated all of her, she dated, she tried to date Ac, and now Hawkman's making a move on her. I just would have preferred if it was more like because what.
Speaker 4: It is like.
Speaker 3: As we find out, he says later in the episode that when he has these kind of omens or premonitions. It means that his death is coming soon and that he'll soon join her in the afterlife. I just would have preferred that kind of thing where he sees her and there could have been something from the actors who played Hot Girl, like motioning her hand or like a smile, and that's it, Like he's like he's looking past Lois or he's looking and he sees her. I just I just really think that the whole kiss thing just kind of it almost tainted the scene and tainted what they had built up in this camaraderie, because like he really was someone that she could lean into to understand what she's going through. Yeah, and I feel like it just it just kind of undercut a lot of it.
Speaker 1: So well then well then later like feels kind of weird because he's like, I trust we're gonna keep last night a secret, and I was like, yeah, I'm like that sounds.
Speaker 4: Wrong, Like, yeah, I didn't like the dialogue there. Yeah, I was not like going full on the defense of it. It was the thing that was able to get me kind of through the first part of that was they've they've been drinking, you know, the two of them are having they're drinking, They're being very vulnerable. They're talking about the love of their lives. They're talking about this and that, and when you're drunk. The fact that they were able to kind of the fact that they will talk about that deep stuff and not get you know, and not get overly emotional. I get the feeling that it was And I'm not really don't want this to sound like he was drunk, so it's okay, because you know they were. They were both very inebriated. He and he was talking on the love of his life, and I think it was basically a hallucination. They really don't feel like it was him, you know, going after Lois per se because I, yeah, it wasn't necessary. I think that they could have done something a little maybe even a little funnier, like his eyes start to kind of glaze like he's about to pass out and he leans for kids, and then she just gives him a well right across the face and you know it says, wake up something like that instead of because I agree like they they kind of had her work through too many members of the Justice League, and I did, like, I really liked their camaraderie. They almost felt like they were gearing up for a buddy cop story with having their Marion and Bellock drinking in the tent. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: I like the idea that his love for Shaira is so strong that no, like, even through drinking and everything, he would know that's not her.
Speaker 4: They he would certainly hope, so.
Speaker 3: You know, and like he wouldn't even have the impulse, he would just like. I like the idea that he sees her and he knows what's coming, and it's kind of I would have liked her, honestly. I would have liked that he sees Shaira and he kind of like some sort of facial expression or something like maybe he closes his eyes and kind of shakes in and takes a drink, and he doesn't tell Lois that when this happens, he knows he's gonna die, so we as the audience can interpret it as like some sort of like an omen or a calling or something like that's gonna happen, because then, of course, you know, later on things do happen. But yeah, I just I just think it could have been done better. It's my one knock, like real big knock.
Speaker 4: On the episode they dangle Lois too much as they they dangle her too much as like as a prize sometimes and it's like everybody and everybody's trying to get lowist and all that. It's like, you know, she portrays she's desirable all on her own. It's not necessary for everyone around for all these characters to remind us that she's desirable. You don't need every superhero to try and woo her and date her and you know, come on to her like that. It's it's not necessary. I think it's just one of those things that originally they did that so often because you know, they were leaning heavier into the CW drama here, it just kind of felt like it was just kind of thrown in there for the hell of it. It wasn't really necessary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Honestly, my favorite part of the whole scene is right before that, because he's telling a super romantic story about an evil man killed us both and like lo was a vental Savage, was it, Curtis Knox. No, But they don't tie the together here in this in this year we have not on Earth one sixty seven. But he tells a super romantic story about how their their love was so strong they found each other through attorney and Lows is like, that's a terrible story. That's pretty fad that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: And then of course when he kiss her and she's like trying to get in the next thing, you'll be kissing as.
Speaker 4: My fist, I was like, goodf you was yeah, yeah, I'm glad that they had that in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She walks off and he's like, but, like we all said, it's because he's truly seeing his visions his wife. It's like, okay, but like but it's just the the overall optics and vibe of him. But it's like, yeah, we could have done Dicky, we could have done without.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have cut it like in post like how like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like you could have cut around that, But then you had the follow up scene we'll talk about last story now, which is awesome. I really don't like.
Speaker 3: I don't like that even more so anyway, it's like sending, hey, hey, buddy, you're my best pal. Will you go check on my girl for me? Make sure? She said sure, bro, then you come back. Yeah, bro, I kissed her, But what.
Speaker 4: How does you know? You're just like, yeah, I think the reason why he said he's going to die soon. Is if Clark found out, he certainly would.
Speaker 1: So we cut to the Daily Planet and it's, uh, Clark are writing because Tess had texted him. He's like, hey, yeah, thanks for doing that. Test is like, I don't want your things, I want your trust, and he's like, eh, like he's still it's I agree with him, like I do. Like how she's not just immediately, you know, and that's also kind of make sure tragic character they don't like. Look, eventually she's at the bachelorette party and they're watching Dancing Elvis and they're watching home video. Yeah, hooking up with doctor Hamilton, right, talk about there must be two second doctor Hamilton. Uh, that's why they called him doctor Emil most of the time.
Speaker 4: Doctor. Like he's like, it's like what it's like what a kid calls their their pediatrician doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't call them by their last name. They called them by their first name.
Speaker 1: So funny. It's yeah, really entitle of them. Conductor.
Speaker 4: We're going to doctor Emil today.
Speaker 1: Tessa, you know, had some lab work done and she she turns around her CSI bullet recreation and it expands from what we thought was Cat Grant And they pull out the bullet and the letters say Clark Kent. The target is me yep, so I guess our assass was themver after Hello Kitty. That's a pretty funny line because Test is picking up those those kinds of dialogue. So, but they're trying to figure out, like what's the point of this, like if they're so yeah, like yeah, so yeah, but they determine like, okay, well maybe they didn't know that you were bulletproof, and now he does what are they gonna do? This guy never gives up, that's his m O. And so like, well, if they know that you're faster than bully, it's the only place to aim is that someone he knows you'll save. It's like, okay, but why did he blow up Cat Grant's car?
Speaker 4: Like there's other people to choose other than her. She's not the one. She's not she's not the lynch pin there, She's not the one I would be like, now that's the one that's really gonna lure him out of the shadows.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, Oas is gone and Chloe's gone, and Lana's gone, I mean who else is there? Right? His parents are gone? So uh, the new character we just introduced this episode is a logical choice. But apparently test lowjacked cat because Clark's I gotta get back to small Ville and chuck on her and test is like, it's too late. Our kitten reporters on the move, and we see this little cat grant like name tag moving to the Tropolis bus station, not the Smallville bus station, Metropolis bus station. So did she how did she get there? Her car got blown up? She's in Smallville, which is three hours away, but she's in the Metropolis bus station.
Speaker 4: Guys, well it's just outside the city. So was.
Speaker 1: It not night just then? And now it's day?
Speaker 4: When?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was night?
Speaker 1: What day is it? What time is it? Tyler helped me.
Speaker 4: They walked to Metropolis. They they walked in there. You go that it only took it. It only took a couple of days with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was night when he left her and told her to stay and then at the bus stations during the day.
Speaker 1: But then we could have this cool high noon showdown with dead shot. Though I let you better as a blonde.
Speaker 3: It would have worked better if they had done it like that sunrise type thing, like she's getting on the bus at sunrise, you have that sunrise and you have the cowboy walking out spurs and all, I.
Speaker 1: Think, what they tried to do here, Tyler. But then it just it's so weird that he's this cowboy cosplayer, because like it was weird enough and he was on his own, but now he just like in a normal environment. It's like if you just walk through an airport and there's a dude dressed up as a Viking, I'm like, what are you doing? It's so strange.
Speaker 4: The Western motif is ridiculous, especially in like, you know, like Tyler said, like if you were to at least like kind of film it in a way that sort of gives credence to him even dressing up like this first place, doing a you know, a high noon or something like that, by just playing into it. But they don't play into it. It's just this is the guy's shtick and he does not care.
Speaker 1: She pleads with him about It's like, hey, I have a son. He's two years old. Is that Matt? He'll move on three or four years from now. He wanted to remember your face. I was like, what do we talk of? Dead shot? He's got kids, that's his whole thing, and you just.
Speaker 3: Thought, yeah, he should have been like that should have been his weak spot, or for you would have said then, like it ain't really about you, lady. You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it should. It could have given him pause, even if that was just a little bit for the character, it could have made him stop for a second, and for those who know the character, you'd understand why or if forbid, they actually did their character work and showed that that was one of his motivations. That could have been an interesting moment.
Speaker 1: Well, what a weird statement here. He's like, people about to die always think that the special loved one won't be able to go on without them, but they always do. And it's like wow, Like what he's trying to speak harsh truth to Cat Grant, Like what do we even in a better constructed episode? This is like Lois and like Clark and Hurt kind of on the rocks, and this kind of helps reinforce their relationship. And right, what I'm saying like, but this is this is nothing like but but in Cat Grant's like I realized that some people are just born dead. I'm like, well, because he's dead shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the whole, like the villains doing the whole? Do you want to know what the way people are before they died? It's so overdone. I think everyone wants to do the Heath Ledger joker, you know, do you want to know which of them were cowards? You know? Like I feel like so many villains love doing the do you know why? You know? In their last moments, in their last seconds and all that that kind of extra stuff. So many so many writers think that they're writing something really really sharp for a villain to say about people in their last moments, and a lot of times it just comes off as, you know, trying to write something cool for a bad guy to say, as opposed to it actually having any sort of weight or meaning.
Speaker 1: And then his whole plan was to chase her into this I don't know alleyway, and then Clark would catch up and get hit by Like I just like, it's this very elaborate plan, right.
Speaker 3: It feels like two episodes smashed together, Like, yeah, has it just been a suicide squad based episode? You would have done a lot more character work and a lot more to really build this up, you know. I think it was cool that he got her where he wanted her. That's kind of neat. But then the fact that he said Clark's gonna happen to show up to save her there when you don't even know if Clark would find her in time.
Speaker 1: Well, like how would he know that she was going to be this bus station? Anyway, This is like a spur of the moment's decision. You know, he's got this whole like gun set up. He's he's it's kind of lame, se he dead shot. He's like a cell phone to like launch a other gun. That's O. Don't Yeah, it's kind of lamb, But hey, I really liked Clark super speeding up to him and punching him. This is like, this is like straight up George Reeves action here when the last time he Superman punched normal people like this in the face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I said.
Speaker 3: I was like, he punched him. I'm like, that's cool. He's gonna pull back and you know, not do anything physical.
Speaker 4: You know, it's usually like holding them up by one hand to be threatening or you know, knocking them out of the way, and it's like you know, during super Speed in a way that they won't be able to see him but yeah, seeing seeing Tom just wail on somebody's great because he's a big guy. So when you see him like really deck somebody across the face, he looks like a superhero.
Speaker 1: Well, and I love the shop where he's like running and the bullets there. I love whenever Smubble does this like faster than the speeding bullet and the technology was finally here. Right, So he's running and then he glances his shoulder and he sees it full and he reaches out in front of it and he catches it, and so that's badass. And then yes, he races up the cat, puts her on the ground, acting like that, oh she got shot, but he, you know, was just there to help her, and then puts the bullet on her bulletproof vest. Like that's that's great. It was very clever and cute. Yeah she's like, oh, I have a saved by my bulletproof vest.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I like the idea that it was sort of like normally on your average show, if somebody gets shot, oh no, they're you know, they're dead. Then they get up and pull the shirt open and it's the and it's Kevlaar underneath. But in this I like how the bulletproovest probably was not going to save her, so so for her the usual twist ending of I had a vest the whole time, you know, that's what saved the day. But in actuality, Clark was just smart enough to be like, this will be the fastest way for her not to think that anything else happened.
Speaker 1: Up save Yeah, for sure. And this is like it's a cute scene between the two of them. She's like, oh, that was so brave. And I don't know, like Kat Grant traditionally has like a crush on Clark Kin. I don't know if they ever really do that that much on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lowis and Clark, she had a crush on everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes she did. Like you know, that's about real flesh and blood heroes like you, Clark, and you're my hero.
Speaker 1: And they inspire people to stand out into the light, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean that's another thing. I feel like they definitely felt like there's a lot of thematic stuff that they're they're they're trying to pack in here, but I think it's it's the convoluted storytelling that kind of lets it down a bit. But yeah, that's there are themes that they're just sort of like at the very end of something, they'll be like, well, this is what this was about, just to remind you if you weren't, if you weren't following along.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like a I don't know if you guys know about the Godzilla movies.
Speaker 3: Right, but oh have you have you ever heard of my son? Oh yeah, the Godzilla Fan got's own Godzilla podcast?
Speaker 1: Oh really sent like so like obviously Godzilla started was this metaphor for nuclear energy and war and all the sort of thing, and it's a lot of anything. Godzilla minus one is really brought that back, and yeah, life while Godzilla Fan I've seen all the I think all Zilla minus one is the greatest gods of the movie. Like legit, I'm one of those people who's like the newest thing is the best thing. It really, it's true this time. It's true this time. And that's not a slight thing of the other ones. I'm just saying, like this is perfection. My point is that a lot of those old movies, like when they is the series went along the movie series like they would kind of like lose the message, but the end of the end, they'd be like a group of people watching this island blow up, and they're like, well, that just goes to show you that, you know, we all must work together to stop a nuclear catastrophe in the world today. I'm like, guys, you can't just wedge that into the end. And you're absolutely right, John that that really does feel like what they're doing here, because you're talking about the light and the darkness. I'm like, hey, that's dark side stuff, and that's your whole like plot, like you gotta store the light and you just speak extinguished and they're trying to I mean, credit to them for trying to set it up here, but doesn't fit here at all. So this episode is just a big missmash of all kinds of stuff to set up this season. So it's an unenviable task, you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Exit to do that. The second episode of the second episode of any series is rough, especially if you have a big season premiere, and especially if it's your final season, because I mean, The X Files is something I always think of because they would always start their seasons with a banger. They would always start their seasons with like it's appointment television, you got to see it, And then the second episode it was always interesting. It would either be something that would blow your mind, it would be you know, a one off, it would you know, it'd be something really rich and exciting, and then sometimes it would fall a little flat and it would deflate it a little bit. And so with with Smallville, I feel like this was the last season. They wanted to get a lot of things up and running, and they and this episode almost was like a sacrificial lamb. They're like, well, we need to get a lot of things started, so we'll just start a lot of them here and then we'll iron everything out of the next you know, the next half season. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes you got to do that. That's just the nature of the network TV back in the day, right, and had a lot of sacrificeing.
Speaker 4: Episode had a lot of pros and cons.
Speaker 1: I mean people say, like, you know, serialized TV is the way to go. I'm like, I don't know. I kind of like how everything you know in the old days, like there was a beginning, middle, and end to stories. You're not watching chapter five of eight and he's like, wea go a week till it's a LOWERD really appreciated man. I'm like, I don't know, I'd rather like appreciate it. While I'm watching it, I'm just saying, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the show gets good during the last two episodes. Well, I don't watch it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get through the first season and then you'll really love it.
Speaker 4: It's a bit of a lit's some work there.
Speaker 1: But hey. At the end of the scene, after cat Grant inspires Clark to make his new costume we'll talk about in a second, we pan around the back of Clark and we zoom into his shoulder and we do the CSI zoom in and we see that his dermal structure has been marked by this skull and bones logo, which is is that the Suicide Squad logo?
Speaker 4: I was going to ask that I don't recall. I've never seen this logo outside of this episode. That's why it's confused.
Speaker 1: No, it's like a pirate logo or something. I was just like, okay, like Checkmate had a logo, fine, but the Suicide Squad, I've never seen him have a logo like that. Maybe I'm mistaken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm not that well versed in Suicide Squad like old comments or anything like this.
Speaker 4: Like it just so I don't know but yeah, I don't think we saw it in either. I don't think we saw it in either of the films.
Speaker 1: I can't there was like there was a skull because like so it's like that's not like this is a logo, like that was just like yeah, suic Squad death right there it is.
Speaker 4: But this is branding. Yeah, this is branding.
Speaker 1: This is Brandon as Maclis episode. But this is branding. Yes, there.
Speaker 4: You got one in. I appreciate that you're at least able to get one in than.
Speaker 1: I really, I'm really careful about that stuff. Sometimes they just the jokes right themselves.
Speaker 4: So you got you gotta laugh, John, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Otherwise I'm gonna cry, So I choose to laugh.
Speaker 4: So it's either a comedy or a tragedy, that's right.
Speaker 1: So we get this montage of the Justice leaguers who we have in this episode of getting marked by the Suicide Squad plastique. We see her fiery eyes give Carter Hall some water and that water splashes on his face and and he gets marked. I assume Alcaman and all those other guys and girls are getting marked off screen right now, Black Canary and everybody else. Then we have this scene that we kind of referenced earlier Johnny were talking about when Rick Flagg gets all kind of weird with Oliver. He's like, we had a bond, we had something special, Like what is what is this?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: But they have this standoff they basically Rick Flagg. By the way, Rick Flagg played by Ted Witsall, who was in Power. Yeah, he's and he's in uh, the Suicide Squad movie he plays.
Speaker 3: He's in Suicide Squad.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, let me rephrase he's in the first Suicide Squade Squad.
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta be careful with those phrases.
Speaker 1: Oh man. He apparently was in an episode of the Taken TV show, and I love those Taken movies, but I can never watch the show because Liam Neeson is the appeal of taking.
Speaker 4: Not exactly, it's the whole reason you watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't watch it for what, Let's strike those Kurt, No, no, no, no no no. I want to watch Liam Neeson. I'm gonna watch all his other terrible direct video movies because I like him doing things that he should not be doing. That's why I like the takena.
Speaker 4: And Brian Mills isn't exactly Jason Bourne or James Bond. You know, it doesn't have anything distinctive about it.
Speaker 1: It takes him thirty seven cuts to jump over a fence, but he's anyway. Ted Witzhall's Rick Flag here offers all over a place on the suicide squad like, hey, we can use you, right. He also says everybody thinks they're dead, so like Oliver was like, oh, that's a good point. And then he pulls out his crossbow to shoot him, and then he gets shot by the bullet that the same dead shot bullet that marks him. Like this whole thing about the dead shot bullet. Who cares because all the other characters are also marking their heroes, So you do.
Speaker 3: Like I said, Carter was water, he literally takes the water and he's like sh all slow motion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we see that little skull and crossbones. Now he's got Rick Flag in the leg with his little crossbone, and then you know, he starts beating him up. Where's they say she took a sidin Eyede pill because she did a prisoner exchange for you and her and she didn't give anybody up and she didn't break and she's dead and I'm like, what I'd totally forgotten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I completely forgot about that too. I just look at it as he's he's just lying to get under his skin. I mean, I know that they turned low Chloe into a superhero him set herself, but I don't recall her taking a side eye pill and then finding out later on that she's somehow what happened.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't understand, because like because Oliver's like he finds this medicine that she took before she took the cyanide, because there's excited night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on twenty four. How they how they every time they kill off a character like oh, he slowed his heart rate down to just the right amount when no one knew he was alive. They used that so often in action and science fiction.
Speaker 1: I'm just so sick of like they did this with Lana and Chloe multiple times, like oh they're dead. Oh they fake their death. They're not, They're really dead, they're out there. I'm like, I'm kind of this is played out. It's played out with both of them, and I'm like, Okay, here's another plot. The only the only reason we're doing this because Alison Mack was not on every episode. The season, we had to write her off somehow, and it just feels like, Okay, once we get rid of all this business out of the way, we can really get to the to the season at hand. But this just feels like they got to clean up all this off.
Speaker 4: Just the prisoner transfer was good enough. The prisoner she's been black bagged, and she's been put in a car. If you put a character in a black bag and in a car, you can just they have been written off and you'll figure out when you bring them back. There's no need for anything else.
Speaker 1: And the suicide squad is using her to be their it, their IT person, and then you know that's what she's been doing this whole time, to save all of her I'm like you, I'm like, fine, don't know this whole fake deak stuff. But then at least this dramatics quote unquote dramatic scene between Clark and Oliver and the watchtower and all the lights are off and there's there's thunder outside for some reason to kind of add to the mood. And Oliver's mad about everything. He's mad that Clark Letchoy run off, and you know, and Clark.
Speaker 4: He's angry at it. He's always angry at Clark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just that this is you know, I thought you guys were in a good place. But Oliver's like, I found this in her apartment and it's it's anti said, and she faked her own death, and uh, okay, sure fine. But then Oliver's like, all these people are gone. The woman you loved is gone, the woman I love is gone. We protect people so we can come home to people we love, and they're all gone. And maybe we shouldn't have secret identities. And I'm not sure that's the conclusion I would have come to from all these events, not having secret identities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't seem like maybe more like maybe we shouldn't do what we do.
Speaker 4: Like it's a very roundabout way of trying to get back to that theme, Like they're really trying to, you know, the bullet going through all of those weird things and all that. That's the plot of the show. It's desperately trying to find its way through everything and kind of make its point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: And I also I talk about played out Clark and Oliver shouting at each other at this point kind of already got out as well, Like there's a brief moment. I don't know if it's in season eight or nine where they're on the plane and they have like this back and forth that's very funny where Clark talks about quote unquote his father and Oliver's like, wait, so which father is? This is someone that's like the recording in the alien technology in the North Pole, And it's like they have such a funny, fun dynamic. It would have been nice to have more episodes whether the two of them were on the same page and doing the same thing, But it's always why didn't you tell me, Oliver? And then Oliver's like, well, I can't tell you anything, Clark, because this then the you don't have the guts to do this, And I'm like, I'm so bored you guys keep having this argument.
Speaker 3: Clark's wearing his blue on blue, you know.
Speaker 1: He is, He's I like the blue on blue. I've always liked that for him because it's it's not normal people that for some reason that looks has such a different vibe than blue on red or vice versa. Just the blue on blue now red on red would be gaudy. I thank god they never did that.
Speaker 4: That's a bit.
Speaker 3: This is empower Rangers, right.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, you know this mood this moody scene ends between Clark and Oliver, and then we cut to some prison cell somewhere and Break Flag is either infiltrated him as a security guard and he's got Plastic with him and they let out dead shot and he's like about time and Plastic is like, oh, how do I say, bite me and cage in or whatever? I don't know what she says. Jessica Parker Kennedy clearly had not taken that acting class yet that she took before she got on The Flash. She's as bad. I just I was so shocked. As I've seen her on The Flash years later. I remember her being a good actress, but she she was.
Speaker 3: On what was that pirate show, Black Flag, Black Sales, Black Sails. Yeah, she was on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know she's she's yeah, she's kind of chewing on that dialogue a little too much, because the dialogue itself is already corny and campy, and so adding on that extra layer of it just becomes way too much. And I feel like there was she she was doing the whole like I'm going to be the the sassy spark plug of the group, and I'm gonna on the wise ass and that those are those characters are fun. But if they're over if they're overplayed, then it just feels like someone trying to puff out their chest and look tougher than they actually are. When this character, I feel like it's supposed to come off as like you're genuinely supposed to believe that, you know, like she's nasty and she'll you know, she'll go after her own you know, she'll go after her own partners if she had to, if she was if she was pissed off. But I don't get that vibe from her. She comes off a lot more as as playing dress up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, but hey, once we spring wyatt rp here, we can start tracking her cost like she.
Speaker 4: Would even know who wyatt earp is. I'm sorry, girl, that age has no idea who the hell wyatt earp is? Please, she wasn't she Probably she probably didn't even know who Clint Eastwood was at that point, so there were you know, you know, I don't know. Maybe you're right, Maybe maybe she was a Tombstone fan. It's a great movie.
Speaker 1: That's a great movie, But they all walk out of the prison together, and Rick Flagg has to say, let's give these boys a taste of what it's like to mess with the suicide Squad. I'm like, mess with the suicide Squad. They have done nothing to you. You were the one I don't understand, Like, I guess Oliver shot you, but I guess that's it's but that's because you kidnapped him, Like I don't, like I am convinced by the way, and I know he said this last week like the end of the most disappointing follow up from Salvation was that they're not Kendorian right because clearly, yeah, lying around, we're like gonna be parademons, right because it's dark sided. And then somebody said, hey, we don't have the budget for that, Like, I guess we'll just make them the suicide Squad, but make them the lamest version of the Suicide Squad ever, And that's what we haven't smaveled. Unfortunately, it's it's it's it's rough. I really don't care about these characters, and fortunately they're not. They don't play that big of a role. But then we wrap up in U Africa and uh Lois and Carter are gonna never tell Clark about their kissed the night before and just the way again, the way they phrased it is kind of really weird. But she's like, oh, that book was an autobiography, you're immortal and you're a hawkman and all that stuff. And then he explains how him seeing his wife and Lois means he's going to die soon. So that, again, that kind of explanation made that kind of thing okay, but we all still are on the same page. An I won't really you could, didn't need to do that. But then we get we get our Meetschee reference. Right, call him back to season one the Suberman.
Speaker 4: Behold the Superman Man is something to be overcome?
Speaker 1: Does Chloe say Superman in the series finale?
Speaker 4: Yes, and that was the day the boy became Superman? Right, Isn't that that's she's telling her story to baby Oliver.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like that that's the that's the only time Superman has really said properly yeahs an finale. Everything else is always reference to the quote, which is just translating.
Speaker 4: Because apparently every every one of these kids know who needs you is? Kansas is very cultured, I guess so yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: So Carter's like, you gotta you're his Shiraloe, she gotta go back to Clark. And she says this line out of context, my future is here in Africa.
Speaker 4: Until next episode?
Speaker 1: What off they just say my features are in Africa?
Speaker 4: I never but I just don't believe that at all. I don't believe that she's found anything there that feels like it's her calling. It just feels like she's there and this story is happening, and she's probably gonna come back soon. So I don't know why they're putting that kind of false drama in there that she's never coming back. I get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well, also, Chloe's do dead all right or whatever? Like oh yeah, like this is ther non sustainable things.
Speaker 3: They'd be like if she would have said something like, but my future is here in Africa, like you know, kind of like a question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not certain.
Speaker 1: That's what's so hilarious about you, Like, my future is here in Africa? All right?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 1: Now are we to think of this conversation? Is why she names Clark Superman because we never see that these are all the things that we'll get there, y'all. Jeris Fonelly like, Oh, these are all kind of milestones I thought we were going to see but we never saw. And so like this is as close as we get to Lois thinking, oh, yeah, he's a Superman.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I mean, it's definitely the evidence is there because because the conversation and she knows that he knows about Clark's powers and stuff, so Clark is kind of being referenced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be that she had in her mind, like she's waiting for him, and maybe it was just something that in her head she was just thinking. Then eventually, once he finally you know, came out of the superhero closet as it were, then it just sort of dawned on her, kind of similar to Margot Kidder, where she's just sort of like thinking and then it just kind of comes to her. And so it might be something that's in the back super mind at that end, what a Superman? Now?
Speaker 1: There was one deleted scene in this episode, and I believe they might have intercut it with Clark walking out of the shadows. Is the Blur or the new the New Look Blur. It's Lois in Africa and she's looking up flights out of Cairo on her phone, and then she she's packing up and she's the Isis necklace gets in her stuff somehow that kind of explains why she has it. Later, I'm like, oh, okay, good job Carter Hall protecting those artifacts.
Speaker 4: But then she kind of like customs, Yeah, you know what if they get the hands out and then.
Speaker 1: They're on the Daily Planet private jet.
Speaker 3: No they're not.
Speaker 1: She wrote a cameo for eleven hours allegedly out there. But yeah, this is kind of like I can see them intercutting these because it'd be weird to cut from like Lois packing up to Clark walking out. Soide, I feel like they would intercut these is you know a smavel often did a montage at the end, Yeah, because because then Lois is like a slow motion like walk out of the tent she was in, and that would have fit what's going on with Clark here. So there you go. Check out that deleted scene on the WHME video releases. But we get it here. We get Clark slowly walking out of the shadows on the roof of the Daily Planet. I guess on all else is up there. He feels confident about walking out there in his new leather jacket, a very popular look. I see people wear the Sick conventions all the time. Tyler, I believe you have this leather jack there is you can't see what He's just showed his holding of his red leather jacket. Let's discuss. I am a huge fan of the black look from season nine. I love the trench code. It's like a cape. It's an evolution of what he had. Tyler also has the action figure. I was like, so you're gonna defend this look. I'm sure you are trying to. I just felt like this is to me, it's kind of a half step back because it's a red jacket and a blue shirt to me, and it's very constraining because it's his motorcycle jacket. Please you like this jacket. Tell us what you like about it.
Speaker 3: What I like about it. It's not perfect, But what I like about is they finally put him in a costume that's more identified for him, because, like you know, one thing is like every Superman has their own symbol, and we talked about that before. How they took they kind of you know, forced in the Superman Returned stuff, and this kind of felt We're like, okay, we're kind of giving him his own identity and look, and he's always been you know, blue shirt, red jacket, so now he's wearing a red jacket with his family symbol, his symbol on it. Yes, I like the black look, but that was supposed to be like you know, him in the dark and cutting his humanity, and he looked candorian. I do like it does kind of bug me, Like it is he is just wearing this jacket with jeans and like biker boots. So it's like kind of a mixture of what he wore in season nine and what he wears now. And I just I just like it because it was finally him and his own kind of Superman costume. They could have done it better. It could have been a little bit you know, there could have been some things with it, could be more color on it, because I always hate when people post pictures of like Tom Welling and Superman photos. They always like put him on a wrong costume or try to make a costume. And I'm like, you could just put him in this in you know, standing the different.
Speaker 1: Superman like I would like of them. I'm like, either put him in a put him in the season nine costume, put him in this or put him in the last shot of the show, but don't, for God's sake, don't put him don't use a photo shot from two thousand and six of him in the Super Returns costume. That's what I see half the time.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm just like, just use like a shot from like him here, because like it it just for me was something because like you look at the costuming for all the other characters, they're all like jackets and hoodies, and you know that's kind of the motif of everyone has like a hood and a jacket. So like, you know, this jacket it worked, and I just liked it because it was finally him and like something with his family crest that's you know, more colorful.
Speaker 1: Did Martha make this you think?
Speaker 3: Or I don't think we ever touch on it, like because I know like later in an episode that they're trying to put a hood on it and stuff and he just like rips it off and stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, because it's like, oh, hey, if I was Clark and like, hey, mom, Darrell took that really cool costume you made, could you make another one? I'll just wear that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But because Derell's at the Super Returns costume to the Fortress. He has to wear this. I will say this shot, it's a pretty epic shot. Right. It is him on the roof of the Daily Planet, American flag flapping behind him, right, very very classic Superman there and truth justice in the American way and it kind of looks like a cape flapping behind him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great, a great American iconography.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And one way, I feel like this this jacket's like too late, you know, like I get that or eight, Yeah, because like you know, it's especially him stepping in the light, but still like he doesn't really allow anyone to see him.
Speaker 1: Right, that's the disconnect. That's the disconnect, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's like he's wearing this and like you know, season eight would have been good where he's doing more because it takes place at that It takes because I mean the jacket's not used that much in this season.
Speaker 1: No, it really isn't you know what? We keep an eye. Maybe I should have a counter for that.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think it's the last season? You might as well.
Speaker 1: I haven't added a counter for a long time. Yeah. What what should I call this by biker jacket or what do you guys want? What do you say we're going to decide right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, biker jacket sounds flacker jackets. I usually refer to those jackets as a moto jacket, and it means that it means the same thing.
Speaker 1: Red leather jacket, red leather jackets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the red the super jacket.
Speaker 1: Red red, kind of like red leather jacket. Maybe do it red rolls off the tongue more than biker jacket.
Speaker 3: You said he retired his proto costume, and it would have been cool to see him wear this more than because he was doing stuff and like as the blur and stuff. And I think it would have been much better because here I feel like, you know, the trench coat gave that appearance of the cape and he was running around in black, and here it's like he just wore he's wearing a jacket with jeans, but still no one's seeing him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Still I don't think we see him go burning the s everywhere anymore, do we?
Speaker 4: I think that's done with Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just feel I feel like there could have been more to this reveal, like why he decides to finally because you know, put on his own suit after you because it's a nice kind of adjustment if you look at what he was wearing last season and what that represented, and there had been something like conversation between him and Oliver that he wanted to step up and actually have a suit kind of you know, because he hadn't worn one until season nine. What he created so for this to come out and be his big jacket, I don't know. Like I said, I like it because it gave him his own Superman identity in a way compared to just taking on the Superman returns. Do I wish they would have done some things differently, but it is what it is now.
Speaker 1: So well, John, what are your thoughts overall on THEO on the red leather jacket as we're gonna call it now officially?
Speaker 4: I agree that I loved the black costume in season nine. It just made sense thematically from what he was going through and the fact that you know, he's facing off with the Candorians the whole season, possibly you know, and possibly you know, joining with them or facing off with and the fact that they all kind of are wearing black and black jackets, so it feels almost like he's like, it really does feel like he's stuck between two worlds because he had because he seems almost like he's dressing like the Candorians, but he obviously is sort of like Earth's protector. So I really like I liked that. I think it definitely worked for that season. Him sort of being quote unquote killed off at the end of the season was a perfect way of phasing out that costume because Zod killed that Clark for all intents and purposes and getting back to the blue and red. I really get the feeling this was like I almost feel like this was done by committee, like they were all trying to find a way to get him to a red and blue costume, to get him out of the shadows again, but they weren't quite sure how far they wanted to go with it and how much they wanted to pull back. I think the jack the jacket itself, I wish it was cut differently. I actually wish it was a little bit more of like a traditional moto jacket, kind of like what Barlon Brando wore and street car named Desire or something or not the streetcar the wild Ones. That's what I meant. Something I don't know, because at least it'll have a little bit more character to it. Yeah, because I mean I mean, the jacket is fine as is, but I think just kind of it being just zipped up straight and then occasionally hanging open, and it occasionally zipped up all the way. It really makes it very casual.
Speaker 1: As I recall, most of the time we see him with it, it's it's open, I feel exactly. So you can see that blue shirt, yeah, doing superhero stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like even the back of the figure box right here, like it's half zipped, so you see the blue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like this was done by committee, and I feel like this was the most comfortable that they were able to settle on. Tom was definitely in the room figure with them when they were figuring out what he was going to wear, and so I just think it's one of those cases where they would like push a little forward to something a little bit more radical, and then we're like, no, no, Like I know, we're in the last season, but we need to pull back. We can't, you know. So I feel like this was the kind ofybrid that we got the you know, he got the jeans and the boots like he's still on the farm, and the T shirt and red jacket remind us of the way he was before the black outfit. Yeah, you know, so, like overall, I think it's fine. He doesn't wear it very much. He didn't you know, he doesn't wear it very much. If he was wearing it every episode, I don't know where my opinion would have gone, because I you know, I think as it stands, I think it works as a it works as a costume. Yeah, so that's really Yeah, so it's it doesn't bother me. I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it. I just think that it was something that was I feel like it was almost like politically created, is the best way I can put it, where everyone had kind of a stake in what it should look like, and this is ultimately the compromise that we got.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna keep track and find out how many times Clark wears the red leather jacket. And last thing I'll say about the scene, he just kind of drops that plane ticket into the street. I mean, I it's kind of littering for one also to get her. Yeah, it's like we're gonna decoculate the costs on that are I'm playing ticket to Africa, not shape for a cover.
Speaker 4: Port making a lot of money as a reporter. Probably I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Think got Oliver Queen is a friend. The private used his super brain and memorize's credit card number. He's like, Oliver will understand.
Speaker 1: I get the symbolism of him, like dropping that ticket. Where's like, I'm gonna let that go the whole all these conversations like hey, I respect Lois and she wants her space, going to give to her that kind of thing, right, and he just lets that ticket float. I'm like, I don't like, I don't know, man like. But this is why I think the juxtaposition. I think of them editing to get her. That deleted scene of Lois like him letting go but her coming home like that that would have fit together. Well that's why that's I don't know if that was the case, but I assume that might have been what they were going for. But yeah, I just see she drops that ticket. But it's a great shot of him. Whenever the season ten sizzle reels, this is one of those images they use of him standing on the roof of the Daily Planet. I would have loved to shot like this in the series finale, if him in a Superman costume. But selav.
Speaker 4: What up.
Speaker 6: A very street echanti boy, they said, he wanted.
Speaker 3: Very So what about you matter?
Speaker 4: Supermad?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: And what if my soulmate comes along and I'm too blind to see it.
Speaker 2: Just follow your heart and you'll always do the right thing.
Speaker 4: A magic.
Speaker 3: Past my what needs your quirk? What about what we need to man need?
Speaker 1: O sandcakes?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 4: He said? Who are you?
Speaker 1: Lois? Lois Lie greats?
Speaker 3: Hello, It's just swim.
Speaker 1: And you're more than just a hero.
Speaker 2: They're superhero.
Speaker 6: Give me a nerd with glasses any day of the week.
Speaker 1: Whatsome, Something dark is coming.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be like you have never been tested before.
Speaker 3: I know my destiny.
Speaker 1: A small film season premiere of Next Friday at eighty seventh Central.
Speaker 3: New on Blue Ray and DVD. This is where it's all been leading you become.
Speaker 4: That's great to say it.
Speaker 3: More than two hours of special features.
Speaker 4: The final season of Small Tale on Blue Ray and DVD November twenty ninth, and on the Complete series collection on DVD.
Speaker 1: Shield got a seven point nine out of ten on IMDb, and Douglas Trumble from the Superman homepage gave it a two point five out of five and just to read a little bit of what he said here, because I think he sums it up nicely. Let's call it a two point five worth watching for the introductions and the costume reveal, but nothing you will hate yourself for if you miss it. Well, pretty fair summary, I think there, Douglas. But I guys on the letter grade scale E to F, what would you give Shield John, Let's start with you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give it a solid C. I can't and there's not enough to elevate it to a B. But I don't think it's offensive enough to drop to a D or an F. I think it's quite It's funny. Everything feels middle of the ground with this episode, Like everything down there, even Douglas literally did a two point five out of five. I think it just simply comes down to everything, even down to the jacket is they kind of had to compromise and make certain creative decisions a certain way to get things done in a certain way. So they did a lot of a lot of hard groundwork. So I feel like with all the work that they did in this episode, it will at least help some of the story threads that are going to be moving forward after this episode. So yeah, I mean I'd give it a solid C.
Speaker 3: What about you, Tyler, I'm with him. I'm gonna a C plug just because my highlights for this is minus the kiss, I love the lowest and Carter stuff. I think that should have been a big focus. The jacket reveal is cool just because it is, like I said, stepping out and trying to do something and with the character got a great car safe you know that's in the in the bullet catch scene are exciting, but you know they're trying to hype it up with the suicide Squass didn't really do it for me. We've already talked about that. So, like it is just kind of like there's a lot in this episode, but nothing's really paying off. I think the way they intended, like the cyanide, the anti the antidote, the suicide squad character introductions, the tension of oh they're being marked, it all just kind of feels like it fell kind of flat. And then of course you know they're like cat Grint and then you're like oh sweet. Then you meet it and you're like, okay, what is this? But yeah, see C plus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm gonna go C plus as well. I mean, it's kind of feels like, oh, they're that low. I'm like, I don't know. This is like I think we're all smart guys here, and I don't think that suicide squad plot added up at all. And I just think that's a major problem. Hey, you know what, I would have tagged Oliver when I had it enkidnapped. Maybe that's why I tacked Oliver throwing that out there. It's just I don't know. I don't think we missed anything.
Speaker 3: I just think it's like if if I would pitch this to you, like on paper. Like In the next episode of Small vill Lois meets Carter Hall, the suicide squad introduced Cat Grant comes to the Daily Planet, and Clark reveals his new costume that sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: The Wikipedia summary of this episode is A plus. Uh, the actual episode is a C plus, but no, John's gonna eve to see. Tyler's giving it a C plus and I am also giving it a C plus. That brings us to the tally board. We have an episode title some episode plus one because Clark when he's talking to I'm gonna be their shield to whoever close the shield act their shield, and it was it's funny because in my head I always associated shield with oh, yeah, the new costume. That's shield on the but it has nothing.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought it was too. Yeah, that's what I thought that was called.
Speaker 1: I would have thought they would have never said shield and been like, oh, that's why it's called shield. No, they actually say shield. So that brings us to eighty two. So far, we have a plus one for Lois's costume closet because Kat finds that stuff on the coat rack and uses it. That brings us to nineteen. And finally we have red leather jacket. Plus one is the debut. We talked about it in depth, and we're gonna keep track of how often he wears this. We'll see if it's even double digit. I'm really curious because I feel like he doesn't wear that often in season ten, for all his hoopla about his big new costume.
Speaker 4: Because when I think about that, when I think about him in that I only think of two scenes. I think of him on the roof and I think of him during the funeral, like that's it. Those are the only times that mentally I could mind you, it's been years since I watched this season. It's more than that.
Speaker 3: But and then the one I think of is when HiT's him and horor like in the nightclub.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the size nightclub or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then there's the part where I don't know if it's the same meths are different, where they're like we talked about earlier there but trying to put the hood on it, and he's like with Lois and it's not working.
Speaker 1: He's a Jonathan's grave with its coming. And then I think he wears it in Patriot with ackamand and with John McCain death stroke. I know where's it there?
Speaker 3: But what if we just named every what if we just named him six of them?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll find out. I look, if the over under is ten, I'm taking the under taking the under. This will be a fun one. I didn't even this is great. We gotta do category.
Speaker 4: I agree with you on that one. I agree with you on that one. I'm gonna go under.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Tyler?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say under?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, like I paid attention, like they're you know, you always did the Bechtel tests and there are no two female characters that actually talk to each other.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's the last. That's the last. Catea go here bechel tests fail. I mean the cat grant never talks to tests and Lois is an Africo. So but Lois will be back and hopefully we'll start passing the test again.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was interesting that no two females ever talk to each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need more females on the suicide squad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's another female who didn't talk to other females. You literally had four female characters on this and this episode and none of them spoke to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's a fail.
Speaker 1: But y'all, this conversation has not been a fiel a lot of fun. Thanks for taking the time to talk about Shield with me. John. If people want to find you out there on the internet, or if you want them to find you.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, if you want to. I don't really have anything up right now. I just have my Instagram and it's more or less like a fashion blog. So if you're into that. It's a gentleman's armor, which is taken from Kingsman, and armor is spelled with a you because I'm pretentious. That's pretty but that movie pretty much had me kick off the fashion blog because I love suiting, I love dressing up, and that kind of started. And I actually been thinking about doing a starting my own podcast about fashion the way it's used in movies and television. But we'll see when that happens.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that'd be great. So if you want to see a sharp dressed man, look up John on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Always appreciate.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Zach absolutely and Tyler. What about you? How are things going with the Krypton Report.
Speaker 3: It's doing good. You can find me anywhere where podcasts are and social media find Krypton Report always something to talk about. We've had some fun episodes recently, just trying to take you know, have some good times.
Speaker 1: So that's gonna do it for this conversation. We'll be back next time talking about Supergirl. Guys, can you believe there's an episode of the show called Supergirl but there's not an episode of the show called Superman? Yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 4: I actually for this show, I one hundred percent believe that. That's not even kind of checking.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we didn't even mention they talking about bringing everybody back right Lork redver care Ow she's back, So I mean, that was a must, that was an absolute lust and they did it, so kudos to them. How they handle that will discuss this season, but exactly until next time when we talk about Supergirl. Always hold on To Smallville.
Speaker 5: Always hold On To Smallville is part of the Always Hold On To network of podcasts and brought to you by listeners like you, Chris Fuchs, Cavante, Chillis, Joey Diedinberg, TJ dowinna Isaiah Goodrich, Corey Moore, Nathan Ropatcher, A Tief, Chic, Thomas Navian, John Cursio, Andrew Parker, Madam Rouge, Markets Foppin, Patricia Carrillo, Michael Hartford, Jim Crawford, Casey Vatch, macan Rich Hum, Alex Hamilton, Matt Douglas, Daniel Courriel, James B Travis Holl, Nathan McKenzie, Steve Rodgers, Molly Facuilla, James Lee, Joe Michael, Jason Davis, Patrick Bravo, Jacob Stevenhart, Dana Bias, Tay Tay, Meryl Smith, John Bob Tina b Darren Kirsch, Dylan D'Antonio, Nick Crime, Magdoza, Eddie Bissell, Jim Thomas, Clunk, Kent Nicholas Fansler, John Law, Ruth and Cruz, Travis Kill, Mike Thomas, Nina j Nicholas Cosso, Jerry Gibbs, Anthony Anderson, Jas mcgelly, Keith Falls, Rob O'Connor, James Hart, Anthony De Siatto, Crystal Cross, Jake c. John Sweitzer, Karen Kumar, and Lorenzo Valdez. Thank you so much to all these patrons, and you two can become a patron by going to Patreon dot com slash always Malville with one S. Hope to see you there, Always so on too.
Speaker 1: Smallville's theme music is by Lance Laster and our podcast art is by Tom Gurky. You can follow us on Twitter at always Malville with one S. You can find us on Facebook at always hold on to Smallville, and you can send us an email at always Maalville at gmail dot com. Once again, with one S, thanks for listening.