Speaker 1: App yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 2: I was piping mad Poppin', mad poppin Mad. I was hot under the collar at Tricia and our sixteen year old daughter to the buzz.
Speaker 3: Mad, I mean you really were to the point where Landry, our daughter, and I kind of exchanged.
Speaker 1: Looks like, uh so tell everybody what you did.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So Landry, she's our sixteen year old daughter. She and I love Benson Boone. We're going to the concert in September when he comes through. But he's partnered with Crumble Cookie and he has his own cookie from his new album American Heart. There's the single Mystical Magical and then they have collaborated with him and they've come out with this amazing cookie. So our daughter and I went to Crumble. We got one of the Benson Boone cookies. We got back in the car, we did a little video. We had the song playing in the background. We opened the box. You get a little prize inside the box with each Benson Boone cookie. We were all excited. Brought it home, halved the cookie, ate it and ate it. You are nowhere around. I thought maybe you might be asleep in your room with your door closed. You come out about ten minutes later, said where's my cookie? We didn't get you a cookie. We didn't know you.
Speaker 2: Wanted a cookie, even though I told you I wanted a kid get me one too.
Speaker 3: I don't you That was like hours before we went on the show.
Speaker 4: But I don't remember you saying that. I did not hear you say that.
Speaker 3: And you've poop pooed crumble cookies in the past, and they had too many calories.
Speaker 1: In them, and they're so expensive.
Speaker 3: But they're delicious, they're not worth it. So all right there, we didn't get you a cookie?
Speaker 4: Why said?
Speaker 2: I was only mad for about five minutes, and then I was like, you know what, They're not worth it? Nine million calories? And how much was that cookie? Eighteen nineteen dollars?
Speaker 3: No, one cookie was not nineteen dollars. That cookie was nine hundred calories though, but Landry and I split it. But I did there a zero recollection, and I was like, you have a piece of cake in the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: You're still mad, and as mad as I was, not one ounce of you is like, let's just sneak off and go getting one.
Speaker 4: No, I never ever thought about the house game.
Speaker 1: Don't you even think about getting me one for my birthday.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to because it ends. The promotion ends when Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I mean you could have got one Friday and kept it in.
Speaker 4: The fridge, but I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: I know you're not going for but it's just so selfish.
Speaker 4: It's not selfish. I know you wanted to win.
Speaker 1: Here's what the listeners care about. Was it cookie any good?
Speaker 4: It was delicious?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: It was like a super nice chocolatey cookie and then they had like whatever, the whipped cream butter cream on top. We it was just kind of lemony, kind of kind of cotton candy eat candy eat.
Speaker 4: It was really good.
Speaker 2: Did you have to knock over any teenage girls to get one? No?
Speaker 3: There were not many people in the crumble cookie when we went in, so there was no violence needed to get our cookie, all right.
Speaker 2: You can see this amazing cookie on our Instagram account at The Sandy Show Official. Stay with us, We've got more coming up on Austin's eighties station one O three point one.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram.
Speaker 2: At the Sandy Show Official, Brad Pitt's talking about his trip to rehab and what it was all like for him Chrisia's got that story for you in just a moment. Thanks for being with us. By the way, if you're a new listener, my name is Sandy. This is Tricia over here. Hi. It's important for you to note that we are married. We're a married couple, been married for seventeen years. It's a very unique marriage. It is Our love language is making fun of each other, yes, telling people to shut up, tricking, scaring, and trying to hurt each other.
Speaker 3: Right, you need this information because you will hear us say things that if we weren't married, we'd have hr breathing our mex a lot of it.
Speaker 4: That we are married, so right, things like things.
Speaker 2: Like this, your booble is good in that shirt. You can't say that Lisia married. I just courts.
Speaker 1: Just an example, just an example. The stories we love.
Speaker 4: Lie from the Lesterholtz Studio.
Speaker 1: Here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 3: So. Brad Pitt was on Dak Shepherd's American Expert I'm Sorry Armchair Expert podcast recently. They talked about how they both were in rehab together. Brad said he had to reboot himself after his divorce with Angelina Joe Lee, and here he is talking about how much he respected that experience.
Speaker 5: I was pretty much on my back on my knees, and I was really open. I was trying anything and everyone, anything anyone threw at me. Difficult time. I needed rebooting, I needed to wake up in some areas, and it just meant a lot to me. So gives you permission in a way to go, Okay, I'm going to step out on this edge and see what happens.
Speaker 1: And then I really, you know, I just really grew to love it. That's Brad Pitt talking about his experience that rehab.
Speaker 3: Right talking to Dak Shepherd. I love both of them. I'm super in love with Brad Pitt. It's a new love that has recently come up.
Speaker 1: You love him more than just his looks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel it. Yeah, He's one of my booze for sure. I have a boo list of people I love. I love him, but I love it. I I mean, people should know Sandy has been sober for a nine and a half years now.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, you did the AA thing. You loved it.
Speaker 3: People who talk about their experience doing that and how much it helped them and for some reason particular for me, guys, I just it opens up like a whole new level of respect for me, for them.
Speaker 2: Something that Brad said that's very very true is it gives you permission to step out on the ledge, you know, like going in this case going to a rehab but are going to any type of treatment, whether it's a twelve step program or anything like that. It gives you permission to kind of be honest, right and vulnerable.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 3: One of the things that stood up to the most was that he was and just thought it was incredible, incredible that men were sharing their experiences and their aches and missteps and all this stuff with each other.
Speaker 4: It's normally not a dude thing to do.
Speaker 2: You know what happened, though, is when you get into those groups, and I've been to hundreds of them, thousands of them, is that what you realize really really quick is that every single person in that room has probably felt the exact same way, done the exact same thing, and there's nothing you can say that surprises them. No one judges you, because they're all sitting there going, yeah, done that.
Speaker 4: And they've done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You think you're going to shock them, and you're.
Speaker 1: Not going and there's no and there's so there's no shame right there.
Speaker 2: You're speaking the same language when you're amongst your peers in this situation.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So I have a question because I did listen to part of this interview and he was like, I attended a men's group. Yep, And he goes, we call it a men's group, right, And Dax Shepherd, who's also he goes, I call it AA. But you're supposed to call it a men's group. Is there some kind of a rule about talking about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one of the one of the big rules in AA is that you're to remain anonymous at the level of press, radio, to fit TV, radio and film. You're not supposed to. It's an old nineteen thirties ruld. They didn't have the internet back then. But yeah, you're supposed to because if you go out and you're like, hey, I'm an AA guy, I got sober, it's the good thing, it's the great and then next thing, you know, stumble.
Speaker 1: You stumble. That sets other people back.
Speaker 4: From oh gotcha.
Speaker 1: Right. So, but there are guys.
Speaker 2: There are men's only meetings, and there are also women's only writings, and they're completely a different animal.
Speaker 1: You know what, I mean, so good for you, Brad Pitt.
Speaker 4: He got Brad. They got sober a little bit before you did. He's ten years Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good for him, Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 2: No one ever said getting sober's a bad idea, No nobody.
Speaker 1: That's the story. We love Tricia.
Speaker 2: If I told you that Ricky Gervase was fifty eight years old, would you say he was older or younger?
Speaker 4: Fifty eight? I feel like I feel like older.
Speaker 1: Ricke Travasse is younger. He's fifty four.
Speaker 4: He's fifty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fifty four years old today today.
Speaker 4: Maybe because sometimes he's crotchety. I thought he was older.
Speaker 2: I freaking love Ricky gerva Like anybody that says what they think, they don't give a yay dang what anybody says about him.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 2: Ricky Gervais was on years ago. I mean this was back in two thousand and nine. I dug deep into our archives here and he was on inside the Actors Studio, and he talked about how Ricky isn't short for anything, like that's his name, it's Ricky.
Speaker 6: Ricky is normally a diminutive of a longer name, like Frederick.
Speaker 1: But I think that's not the case with you.
Speaker 6: I I was born named Christian Ricky Ricky Dean Jervais. I should have been the Country and Western singer Un Deane is about Dne and my mom says my dad.
Speaker 5: Was drunk, because I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 1: The chunks was.
Speaker 6: What is your father didn't know he was drunk till I saw him so but once it was Sunday.
Speaker 2: Morning, here's Ricky Jerrei's making fun of journalists who say he's too rich to relate to the rest of us.
Speaker 6: I know my life has changed, just it, but it wasn't always like that. And the reason I'm telling you this as a famous person who sort of read about yourself, you know gossip and you know Twitter and everything, and that one thing kept cropping up even when I was not preparing for this tour, people saying, oh, oh, he's out of touch, he's so famous, he's rich, he's mega rich. I could up this place burned down for a laugh. No, but they say things like, oh, he's an observational comedian, how can he say things that relate to ordinary scum? And I say, I say, don't call him scum, all right, But even the papers they try and get around to it. I do interviews and they always been say, oh, do you always fly first class?
Speaker 1: I go no oft in private.
Speaker 6: And the number of times I've answered this question right, they say, do you know how much a pint of milk is? I was meant to make you look out of touch and I don't know, but that's irrelevant, right, next time a journalist asked me that I don't know, mate, but there's a grand run and get me well.
Speaker 2: And finally, as we celebrate Ricky Gervase is one of our favorite comics of all time, as we celebrate his birthday today, Trisha's favorite all time favorite clip from Ricky Travass is when he talks about social media.
Speaker 6: People take everything personally. I think the world revolves around them, right, particularly on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm not tweeting any well, I'm just tweeting, okay. I don't know who's following me. I've got twelve million followers. I don't know who's following. They can be following me without me knowing, right, choose to read my tweet and then take that personally. That's like going into a town square seeing a big notice board and there's a notice guitar lessons and you go bars, there's a number ere all right? All that right?
Speaker 1: Are you giving me a tall lessons?
Speaker 4: It's not for you?
Speaker 1: Then just pull away.
Speaker 4: I'd worry by the.
Speaker 2: More. I should say one more people on Facebook and Twitter and all the social media they need to remember that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, they need to hear that, because that is what it is.
Speaker 1: It's not for you, not for you.
Speaker 4: Just keep scrolling.
Speaker 2: Happy fifty fourth birthday to Rake at your base, Stay with us. More coming up on Austin's any Station. What O three point one quick question for you, a Trisha. We have a household rule. It's just a blanket rule in our house that we're not allowed to tell each other what our dreams were.
Speaker 3: Right because no matter how interesting you think your dream is, nobody else thinks it's that interesting at all.
Speaker 1: Does that will apply to nightmares?
Speaker 4: I mean today? Okay, short and.
Speaker 2: Sweet mine, I might get I don't have a whole lot of details. I can tell you what my nightmare was like.
Speaker 4: Is it terrifying?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: All right, so on a terrifying scale, I'm going I feel like we can. You're allowed to tell this nightmare, but you have to keep it.
Speaker 2: It's be less than ten seconds, all right, but first tell everybody what nightmares can do to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A new study found that too many nightmares can kill you, kill you.
Speaker 4: That people who average.
Speaker 3: At least one nightmare a week are three times more likely die to die before the age of seventy.
Speaker 2: World.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's stress or something related.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They tracked people for two decades, and people who had nightmares at least once a week three times more.
Speaker 4: Likely to die.
Speaker 3: It makes you age faster, it makes you I guess, it releases cortisol in your.
Speaker 1: Body, which just read about cortisol.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cortisol's real bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: It's because they think that your body response to the stress of the nightmare just like it does of the stress and real life. So prolonged elevations of cortisol can kill you dead. Oh man, But you have no control over what you dream about.
Speaker 2: Right, I know, and so and I never have it, So I'm not worried about nine for seventy. Something else will get me. But I mean not because of nightmares, because I never have them. But I actually had one last night, and here's what it was. Okay, I have no idea why what I did or why but I was going to prison for two years.
Speaker 4: Oh that's like your worst thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my biggest fear. I one of my biggest fear. I'd rather fight a gorilla than go to prison for two years. Fight a gorilla. Yeah, I'd take my chances. Yeah, I mean it was terrifying. Yeah, I didn't know what I did. That was the problem in the dream is I didn't know what I did right.
Speaker 3: Please know that that is one hundred percent a nightmare that I have of.
Speaker 4: You can be falsely.
Speaker 3: Convicted of something based on just random circumstances and end up in prison, Like I have done nothing wrong, And I know the prisons are full of people who didn't do anything, but I'm saying literally, they're a legit people who just because the things looked and seemed a certain way, like in have in prison. It's sometimes one of the things I worry about. I haven't done anything right.
Speaker 2: I know someone that did fifteen years in prison for something they didn't do, and it wass been reviewed by lawyers and judges and they're like, how this person was convicted?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. You know them, Yeah, I know them really well.
Speaker 4: I know them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, no, you don't know him. You know, you don't know you know one of the lawyers that looked at it, though, Oh I do. Interesting, Wow, how this person was convicted.
Speaker 1: I'll never know. Those were his exact words, really exactly.
Speaker 4: But I mean, but then once you're in, you're in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it stays with you when you get out.
Speaker 4: You know what, I think of a lot.
Speaker 3: You know when I think of that the most, because you know, I'm a super tidy person. I keep my scent folder cleaned out, I keep my deleted folder cleaned out. I clean out all the folders and stuff on my my phone and on my computer.
Speaker 4: And based on.
Speaker 3: All of the hours and hours of datelines and forty eight hours that I've watched, that sometimes sometimes can be a red flag to detectives and prosecutors that I was getting rid of evidence.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think about that sometimes when I'm just being tidy.
Speaker 2: I know, you're just planned to kill me. I'm sure that's why you're watching those datelines. See how you can get away with getting.
Speaker 4: I've watched andough I already know how to do it.
Speaker 1: It's just timing.
Speaker 4: At this point.
Speaker 1: Stay with us. We've got more coming up,