Speaker 1: I love this sound. You know, when I leave the studio every day of Foster life. See they wait right by the escalators. Then they jump out of nowhere and start taking pictures.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: They're taking pictures out of morbid curiosity of the face. What's that thing? What's wrong with its face? Why is it droopy?
Speaker 1: Click it or skipping?
Speaker 3: Hang on, I'm getting a I think we're getting.
Speaker 1: Pretty good at identifying the housewives slash reality show people.
Speaker 3: I'm getting a get an email from Field of Screams. They said there they're trying to staff next year's haunt. Would you mind being a.
Speaker 1: I am to get droopy faced from doing Ocempic for Health not wait.
Speaker 3: And you asked Tony if he would be okay being a droopy face demon?
Speaker 1: Mean, go ahead?
Speaker 4: Are you ready for click it or skipping?
Speaker 3: Headlines?
Speaker 4: Tell me if we're gonna learn more or not headline?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift will be at the super Bowl?
Speaker 1: No kidding, geez, Really, it's not a story because of course she'll be there. She's gonna go to every game but the Super Bowl stop. But she is in part of the prop bets. Is she not the first celebrity to be shown after the kickoff, so the kickoff has to happen, and.
Speaker 3: She was the number one choice.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, but sometimes they show the celebrities before kickoff, like before the National Anthem Right kickoff, and then her she is the number.
Speaker 3: One bet on the prop bets.
Speaker 4: So we're skipping that one.
Speaker 5: Yes, headline, Giselle, she gives birth.
Speaker 2: To baby number three. She got pregnant by the karate guy. Let's find out right, Oh yeah, cook it. Sources have spilled your tea that Giselle has reportedly welcomed her first baby with boyfriend and Fortemer jiu jitsu instructor, yeahucke.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The supermodel previously opened up about her new relationship to The New York Times, saying, this is the first time I'm seeing someone that was a friend of mine first. It's very different. It's very honest, and it's very transparent. When news of her pregnancy broke in October, a sourcepilled to US Weekly that she had informed Tom Brady beforehand out of respect, noting she wanted to give him that courtesy and knew their kids would tell him either way. Wow bough Brady was reportedly shocked at first. He knows Giselle is a great mom and was destined to be a mom again when she shares her kids Benjamin and Vivian with Tom.
Speaker 1: They divorced so a few years ago. Yeah, that's a tough one, man. And again I tell guys that get dumped or cheetd on. It's like Tom Brady got cheated on. Dude, Tom Brady got dumped. And then she's even having babies with this instructor.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I mean he's I don't think he's that good looking.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously he's mister karate man. But whatever, dude.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I remember talking to a buddy of mine. He used to take his family down to Florida for They would stay for five, six weeks, and he would come back and he was smiling, going, ah, they're down there, and I'm up here by myself, bachelor for a week or two. And he goes, But you know, I did fly her, his wife's tennis instructor down and I was like, what what was her name? He was like what I said, what? He goes, Yeah, I flew the tennis instructor down. I was like, you know what the tennis in structor is doing to your wife right now, right, yep, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 2: Didn't think of that. She didn't because you're dumbner telling her girlfriends. He's even shipping him down here for me.
Speaker 1: No paid for the Wait a minute, this dude paid for the airplane ticket to go down to sleep with his wife.
Speaker 3: You had an affair with your tennis cause.
Speaker 1: And then then the tennis coach guys like, he's got to know, right, and he's gotta know honey.
Speaker 3: He says, down on the two more coaches along with him, my backhand coach and my forehand coach.
Speaker 1: He's got a six pack, and he's standing behind her, and she's in a tennis skirt and he's doing here.
Speaker 3: Do this, grab your hand, this racket?
Speaker 1: Can you do it again?
Speaker 4: Are they still together?
Speaker 1: I have to uh no? Uh?
Speaker 3: She left him for a pickleball coach.
Speaker 2: Headline uber Blake Lively sued by Crisis PR firm.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, this girl is a complete mess and she she's not good enough.
Speaker 3: Isn't this Steve Guttenberg's wife?
Speaker 1: No, don't you dare?
Speaker 3: Whose wife is this?
Speaker 1: Ryan Reynolds?
Speaker 3: The same thing?
Speaker 1: I click on it? Please? Okay, she's a mess, dude.
Speaker 4: Stop It.
Speaker 2: Jed Wallace, owner of the public relations firm Street Relations, has sued Blake Lively for defamation. This comes after Lively claim the pr firm had launched a digital army against her as part of the ongoing feud with Justin Baldoni. Wallace issuing Lively for defamation, claiming he had nothing to do with the alleged smear campaign. Wallace's involvement was allegedly shown with text messages from Baldoni's other publicists obtained by Lively's attorneys referencing Jed and his role in shaping.
Speaker 4: The online chatter during the feud.
Speaker 2: Jed's lawsuit seeks damages of at least six million dollars and a declaration clearing him of liability.
Speaker 1: Good for him. I think this girl is a mess. You hear so many stories now from people that were on the set with her through her movies and TV shows that are like, dude, she is a psychopath and allegedly, but this is not going anywhere, And this is going to be the trial with the Johnny Depp and if this is good, this is going to trials. This is gonna be the summer. Yes, it's gonna be our Summer Entertainment.
Speaker 3: D unless unless cash Ptel releases the Epstein. We we got so much to look forward to, the Epstein List.
Speaker 1: We've got Peachcot who's got the Epstein List? How many people do you think have the Epstein list?
Speaker 3: One? And his name is?
Speaker 1: If I work in an office, I'm like, I don't want to see the list. I don't want that list. I don't want to know. Hey, Tony, Hey, you want to know who's a list?
Speaker 3: Hey, Tony, can you take these papers down to the xerox machine and make copies for all the Well, what is it? It's the Epstein List.
Speaker 4: It's a black car following you.
Speaker 3: So we got that hopefully coming, and we got the whole P Diddy trial coming. We're gonna have We're gonna have so much.
Speaker 1: I think the p Diddy thing has a potential to take a law. I mean it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying we're gonna have a lot of topics coming forward.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, headline.
Speaker 2: Jason Kelsey hangs with his clones at New Orleans Lookalike contest. Oh they're doing this, click on it. I guess can't get enough of Jason Kelsey. We'll go to New Orleans, where there are dozens that look just like him. A gathering was hosted by Marriott Hotels Tuesday for lookalikes, and dozens showed up. Some speculation it's for a Marriott TV ad as camera crews were on hand for the gathering. According to TMZ, Jason with super friendly with his clone army, posing for selfies and chatting with those on hand.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's about it. But I mean he's six six or something like that, something like that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think we only got two days for we do this super Bowl weekend. I don't think he'll ask her to marry her. I don't think no. I would you steal from the Super Bowl moment.
Speaker 2: Unless they lose and he does it right when the Eagles are accepting the super Bowl trophy.
Speaker 3: That would be great. That would be way. What's going on in the background, Yeah, look at this.
Speaker 1: I don't know that would man, They would Philly fans would hate him for Oh that'd be awesome, though I haven't heard jumping up and down for crying.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Headline Marcus Jordan name drops his dad demands Mariah Carey music during his arrest.
Speaker 1: Is this Michael Jordan's kid. Yeah, click on it. Marcus Jordan was arrested this week in Florida on multiple charges. But you may be wondering did the cops know exactly who they were hauling in.
Speaker 4: Of course they did because Marcus told them.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: In bodycam footage, Marcus can be heard telling the arresting officers, I'm Marcus Jordan, I'm Michael Jordan's son.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing anything wrong. That's what he led.
Speaker 1: Off with cops. Love that, love love that.
Speaker 4: I pay your salary.
Speaker 2: After things went south and he was arrested, he then made some requests, including for specific music. Can't you play some holiday music or some blank play? Some Mariah carry up in this blank while requesting holiday music in February is not a crime.
Speaker 4: He was charged with DUI and property.
Speaker 2: Damaged, possession of cocaine, and resisting an officer without violent But.
Speaker 1: His dad's proud. Oh man, he's gonna be probably the Suns in his late thirties.
Speaker 4: I would think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: But for some rapper in Kentucky that got pulled over by the state troopers, Yeah, they kept yelling what his name is? I forgot what it was. Like you know his nickname.
Speaker 1: Well, he is kind of funny. He was requesting music. Well, long as I'm going in, Well as I'm going in, can I hear some some good cool carry up in his blank His dad is obviously the most famous living athlete in the world. He's got a billion dollars yeah, and a whole bunch of businesses that his kid could probably run. But apparently he's not no headline.
Speaker 2: You too can wear a castle on your head like Jaden Smith.
Speaker 1: You're so ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Want to look just like you belong on the red carpet.
Speaker 2: You can go the Jaden Smith route for a reasonable price. The musician showed up at the Grammy Sunday Night sporting a black castle on his head, which confused a lot of people but stood out. If that look appealed to you and you want to make it your own, good news, you can get your own castle hat for four thousand, six hundred dollars. Gosh, the company responsible, Abode Transylvania, said on Instagram. The artistic combines the mysterious elegance of Abode Transylvania with a bold, modern design inspired by Transylvanian history and the vampire Legends of the Bathoi poor kid, go to Abode's website if you really want this.
Speaker 3: That's what stupid saw him with a castle on his Head's poor kid?
Speaker 1: Least is so insecure.
Speaker 3: My friend Ashley Braden made a comment on that and said, celebrities they're just like you and a.
Speaker 1: I think your comment originally is accurate. You're like, he thinks he's thinking he's going to be the talk of the Grammy. Kanye's wife shows up completely nude on the carpet, uh and stole all the thunder and you can see his face looks like that too, because he's kind of like in the he's disappointed, his little face in the in the front door of the castle, of the castle where the drawbridge could be.
Speaker 3: So how pissed off would you be if you finally get to go to the Grammys and you pay thirty five hundred whatever the damn ticket is, and you've got a great view of the stage and then some there's somebody sits down with a castle on their head in front of you.
Speaker 1: There's no way. Plus, I think that they do tables up front and then seats in the back, so celebrities probably sit at a table not in the stands. Not in the stands.
Speaker 2: Even still yeah, headline The Goonies cast reunites as Ka Huet Kwan is honored at TCL Chinese Theater.
Speaker 3: I still haven't seen this shit, and I want so the I want to see the Goonies.
Speaker 1: The Asian kid that played the he had all the inventions and stuff in the first Goonies I type casting basically, well basically he didn't do anything between Goonies. And then he did a movie two or three years ago and he won an Oscar.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought the kid was on like a Indiana Jones.
Speaker 1: Oh he did India?
Speaker 4: Was he doctor Jones? Doctor j Jones?
Speaker 1: Was that not sure? I don't think that's him.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that's him. No, it is him. I'm sorry it is him because I remember they had a reunion of of of the darn Indiana Jones.
Speaker 3: I still haven't seen Goodies. And I told my wife about a month ago. We got we got to just watch it.
Speaker 1: It's fun, is it with you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you watch?
Speaker 3: I was in the demo. I was out at bars and hanging out and stuff.
Speaker 1: He came out, we were sophomores in high school.
Speaker 3: My point exactly, all right, the luxurious St. Andrew's Puff.
Speaker 4: Sorry are we clicking?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's click it. Let's hear it.
Speaker 2: The Goonies may never die, but they did say yes to coming together as one of their own was being honored. K Khui Kwan, who played Data in The Goonies, received the of getting his hand and footprints in cement at the TCL Chinese Theater on hand for the ceremony, screenwriter Chris Columbus co stars Corey Feldman, Jeff Cohen, Kerry Green, and Josh Brolin. Kwan is an Academy Award winning actor for his role in twenty twenty twos Everything Everywhere, All at Once, but he says he'd be thrilled to be a Gooney once again. I love that movie so much. It's one of the greatest adventures of my life. I would be so happy to revisit that character and of course go on another Goony's adventure with my fellow Goonians.
Speaker 1: Josh Brolin is clearly the most successful. Who was the football player that died, that played that played the goofy looking dude? Oh you didn't see the movie?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't remember Merlin, Rosie Greer, No stop it he apprehended hand Righthsky, No stop. Paul Horning, no stop, just yelling names, yelling name, James.
Speaker 4: Headline.
Speaker 2: Ewan McGregor files restraining order over obsessed.
Speaker 1: Stalker McGregor, me and McGregor you, Ewan McGregor, me and McGregor is no, that's his name?
Speaker 4: Ewin down by the schoolyard.
Speaker 1: Click on it, you and McGregor.
Speaker 2: Otherwise known as Obi Wan Kenobi in the second three films. So he has an assessed stalker and he's taking steps.
Speaker 3: David, I have a question for yes, fire Away to White. Kind of all the actress that Kenoby's, which is your favorite?
Speaker 2: Well, it's got to be the original Alec and he didn't want to do the role. He thought it was beneath me, beneath them, Mart He's a thespian.
Speaker 1: Click on it please.
Speaker 2: He's fouled a restraining order against Angelica Gorentz. According to court documents, Corentz sees herself as Youwan spurned lover and believe eaves his wife, actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead, stole him from her.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, things.
Speaker 2: Ramped up when Gorenz drove from Minnesota to California and showed up Christmas Eve at the home of his ex wife, where you and Mary and their children were all celebrating the holidays. Since then, McGregor alleges that Gorenz has made deadly threats while referencing Dexter and a sniper rifle she was researching hope by a judge granted the tro which requires Garenz to stay one hundred yards away from his family and his ex wife and must have no contact.
Speaker 3: What's so dark story?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had one and Dwight and all them thought it was funny until the list came out where she had a list of everyone that worked there, and they didn't think it was so funny.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, the people she aims to kill this.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exactly what the list.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll finally get to someone you do care about, get on the damn list.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you were close to the top. It was close to the top the top. I was, Yeah, that was scary. He's broken my house twice. Can you sat on the end of my bed while I was sleeping?
Speaker 3: Christy after Tony, it's creepy, dude.
Speaker 1: She ended up getting obviously put away, and she used to be. She knew I was a huge Black Crows fan. And I ran into a guy that works out out at that facility, the site board out there, and he was like, yeah, there's some girl he always talks about you. And I'm like, what really? I go, what's her name? And he told me I don't remember the girl's name. He goes, she paints these giant black crows on the floor.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, and I went, I know who that is.
Speaker 3: We're cute.
Speaker 1: Uh, she needs she needs help and she's getting it, but she's not. She's very cute. She was very cu Yeah, you know my stalkers are.
Speaker 3: I prefer my bunnies hopping around the witt In house not boiled.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: If you want your rabbit boiled, you could date her.
Speaker 2: Maybe you and should get a disguise and start with some sunglasses.
Speaker 3: Listen, if you were sunglasses, we're the best. So what's the best. The best is shirt shady rays. You're gonna love these high quality sunglasses. I personally want to recommend Color Rush. Go out to the Oxmore Center. Try them on for yourself. Look at different colors, see how much more bright and vibrant they are. Maybe you're a golfer or have a golfer in your life. Well, President's Day is coming up. Where you gonna get that special someone for President's Day? How about some green Wolf Shady Rays specifically designed for golfers. Are you a University of Well we'll fighting Cardinal fan. They got you covered too, U of L Glasses a couple of different options to choose from Kentucky. They got you covered too, but that's in store only at the ox Moore Center. Here's the best part. Heads up. If you lose them, if you break them, if you scratch them, even if they're stolen, they replace them. Shady Rays Online is shady Rays dot com or the ox More Center.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, I'm going to be off because Christian Brothers is going to be at the house.
Speaker 4: You can and our gutters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I gotta have them come back to because I've got a leak in my roof again. All this length, the rain and the snow melting exposed and difficult tails in my rear. Said they're gonna have to get up there and fix that. Christian Brothers Roofing go to Christianbroroofing dot com or two four to four zero two zero eight. They are gonna go over. They're not just looking at the roof, right, are looking at gutters and gutters.
Speaker 2: And maybe some siding. There's a little siding in the back by the bedroom windows.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, dude, the new sighting is awesome. It's just like that looks like a completely different house. It's not like the beige little plastar looking through. You could get that real wood looking paneling and pick a color blue, whatever it is. Man, Christian Brothers Roofing will take care of They've been arounds since nineteen ninety six. They originally put that roof on your house anyway.
Speaker 4: Right eight two years ago, twenty.
Speaker 1: Two years ago. Christianbro Roofing dot com two four ford zero two is there right now.
Speaker 2: We already have the upgraded windows. But if you don't, Dwight, he's not here. He's not there, he's walking by. Okay, let's just go to break this.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh wait a minute, the key one unlocked my door.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Hendricks Redhouse News Radio eight forty WHS, for over three decades, as my Next Guest, has helped serve as catalog director for Jimmy Hendrix's family Company experienced Jimmy Hendrix else I wandering bringing him in right now. John McDermott, Hey John, how you doing man? I'm doing fine, Matt.
Speaker 6: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for coming on. I wanted John because there's a lot of things Hendrix going on right now. And let me tell you, I love Jimmy Hendrix and I find it fascinating that he's been gone out. He left us fifty years ago at age twenty seven, but here fifty years later, a twenty seven year old has basically influenced every rock musician out there, and we're still celebrating the man and his music every single year thanks to folks like you. I find it fascinating he made that much of an impression and we only had him twenty seven years. What are your thoughts on that, John.
Speaker 6: Well, I think you hit it right of the head. I mean, he packed a lot of living into a four year career. You think about it from nineteen sixty sixty seventy, and you know there's something about Jimmy Hendrick. He didn't give a lot of interviews. He was a quiet guy. He was really the antithesis of what you saw on stage. You know, didn't chase celebrity. He really wasn't that guy. So there's this air of mystery about him. And I also think we're lucky that he didn't really come to popularity during you know, the video MTV E because you know, then at that point, a video defines you forever. What's so great about Jimmy is that every generation makes a direct connection to him. It could be wearing the shirt, could be seeing you know, pictures of him. It could be hearing his music in a movie or on the radio, or in a television commercial, anything like that that brings you to this authentic, original guy. And you know, as you say, fifty plus years later, you know, like the Beatles, like led Zeppelin, it endures because of the quality and the uniqueness. And today where you've got kids looking on their phone, you know, trying to find out about music. You know, they don't know that it's nineteen sixty seven to them, Jimmy Hendricks is a singular, unique artist. He's cool. They add him to the playlist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And one of the things fascinating about yourself is not only are you working with the family for the past three decades, I want to get into that. But you also four books. You've authored four books pretending to Jimmy Hendrix. One of them is called Sitting the Record Straight, which, by the way, Chas Chandler, the man who discovered Jimmy Hendrix and managed him, helped produce The Legendary Guitarists. He says, it's the best book written about Jimmy. What are some of the things that you can set the record straight when it comes to Jimmy Hendrix, because, like you just said, he didn't do a lot of television, radio interviews, interviews. It's quite mysterious. I know. There's one story that Lemmy Killmister from Motorhead says that he was he was a roadie for Jimmy Hendrix an interviewer interview. He said, well you can't. You know, people say you can't trip on LSD two days in a row. But he said he learned that he can because he had to get it for Jimmy Hendrix and Jimmy said, just double the dose and ob no problem. Was the drug use really that prevalent with Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 6: I don't think so. I think I think contextually, you know, if you think about the contemporaries that he was with. You know, I don't think that Brian Jones or Keith Richards. I mean, there are all kinds of folks you can point two that probably probably had uh. You know, I always say based on the people that I talked to that had a close association, you know that aren't you know, kind of dipping into hyperbole like like like Lemmy might be doing. There is that you know, he did less drugs than you thought, had way more sex than you thought, and he was a lot smarter than you thought.
Speaker 3: Oh, guy was brilliant, not to mention. I mean he was in Fort Campbell right here in Kentucky, hundred first airborne. I mean, just a fascinating life packed into just twenty seven years. Out of your book, What is uh, what is one thing you would like to set the record straight on Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 6: Well, I think he was a very loyal guy. He was somebody that had had a really hard upbringing, you know, in terms of poverty and you know, trying to you know, his dad was brought him up essentially as a single dad. His mom passed in the fifties. I think it was you know, it was a difficult time for them financially, and I think, you know, he went left Seattle and went into the US Army, was a paratrooper at Fort Campbell. But you know, this is a guy who is the most creatively free artist I think I've ever come across. You know, when he started in Fort Campbell and left and went to Nashville to it was to really join the Chitlin circuit, and you know, thinking that was the path. And when that didn't work, he went to New York and was a sideband for groups like the Issy Brothers and Joey d and you know, again he wanted more. And so you know, he said, okay, I'll go to Greenwich Village. There's a scene there. He goes there and he's struggling. There. Chas Chandler of the Animals meets and says, I'll take you to England. He said, okay, I'll go there. So I think he was so determined to you know, find his path in music that he was willing to really do anything. He wanted the opportunity to record, He wanted the opportunity to express himself. And that that I found fascinating. I mean, never relented. He could have taken the easy road, been a sideman for other artists, and you know, we never would have understood him in the manner in which we do now. But he was determined to make his way.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to remember that. Didn't he auditioned for I'm going to get this wrong, John. Was it the Monkeys or no? No.
Speaker 6: What's hilarious is that when he came back to America. You know, Paul McCartney had recommended to the folks putting on the Monterey Pop Festival that you've got to have Jimmy Hendrix. He was He had blown up in England. Everybody loved him there. He you know, he and the experience came back to Monterey and his manager, Michael Jeffrey thought that, well, you know, the Monkeys, they're they're really popular, and Dick Clark is doing this tour and he's a big name in music, and we'll put the band on there. Well, of course it was a terrible fit. He did eight show and it came undone pretty quickly. But you know, the Monkeys did treat Jimmy really, really well, but it just wasn't a fit for that audience. They had no idea what he was bringing to the stage.
Speaker 3: I want to get. I want to get back to your books here in a second, but I got to get to the twenty twenty five experience Hendrix's tour, which, by the way, a couple of local dates you might want to go ahead and pencil in right now. The Taft Theater at Cincinnati, Ohio. That's going to be March eleventh, right around the corner. And then also Indianapolis twentieth Indianapolis, Indiana, the twentieth of the Maraud Theater. And this is when hell of a show has been going on for years, and just just like I was saying, we're still celebrating the man, We're still celebrating the music and artists vary from city to city, but name some of the artists we get on this tour because people line up to go on this thing.
Speaker 6: Well, you do you know, just an idea that I had twenty years ago, and Jamie Hendricks and I have been putting it together. It's not something we do every year. We actually have and done it since twenty nineteen. And you know, it's a presence, it's a celebration of Jimmy Hendrix's music. That's really the best way to do it. It's a collaborative thing. You know, people are playing together. It's not a free wheeling jam session or anything like that. I mean, it's also not like a Beatlemania thing where people are dressing up as Jimmy. It's not that at all, right, But it's people like Marcus King, like Duisel Zapple, like Kenny Wayne Shephard, like Zach Wilde. I mean, who are really you know, are diverse in their own music, but yet still feel the hendricks influence. And there's something cool about having everything from the blues to metal in a show like that where the common denominator is Hendrick song. So yeah, we just felt that, you know, we don't have a living artist to represent. We have these great songs and by sharing them and celebrating them that we feel helps to keep the music going.
Speaker 3: You got to be honored, John, that the Hendrix family gave you the nod when it comes to helping out with this and all the other projects, because for over three decades you've been doing that, and most recently you have a book out with his sister, Jimmy's sister. But how did how did you get into this? How did you get connected with the family and what the you know, how did you get this gig? Because I got to think.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I worked in music, you know, writing and producing and you know, directing and producing video and films and things of that nature. You know, when Eddie and I wrote the book Hendrick Setting the Record Straight, the next thing that we did the following year, in ninety three, is we created a tribute record with Felix Carkano Cole Stone Free Attributed to Jimmy Hendrix, which had Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck and Pearl Jimmin's soundguard, and Buddy Guy, all these wonderful artists covering Jimmy and the purpose of the record was to establish scholarships in Jimmy's name at the Natio College Fund, and that still continues today from that one one record. And when we finished that record, we thought we had done Jimmy. Well, Eddie and I went back to our own projects. But I had heard that the Hendricks family's lawyer was trying to sell their catalog out from under them. Jimmy was one of the rare artists who owned his own masters and publishing and his songs. So you know, I volunteered during that time to assist them, had a great team of attorneys working with them as well, and you know, by nineteen ninety five they had won everything back and asked me to come on board. And it's a wonderful it's been a wonderful opportunity for me. I've loved it. It's you know, I often laugh, it's the greatest job you could have. But you know, it just was something that that what a challenge and what an honor to be able to present, you know, this great artist music in a way that we hope, you know, on a global basis, gives people a deeper appreciation and understanding of this true original guy.
Speaker 3: I find a fascinating and sad if this number is accurate, because we're talking about a guy that dies at twenty seven years old fifty years ago and influenced everybody. But the time of the death, only one hundred and fifty thousand dollars was his net worth. Did he get taken to the cleaners like so many artists by the record companies.
Speaker 6: Well, no, you know what's interesting about Jimmy is that, you know when he passed, he was asset rich, cash poor. I mean, he was the first artist to fund and own a commercial recording studio. So you know, in nineteen sixty nine when Construction Electric lay started, you know, he was the top grossing concert act in the world. The Beatles were no longer touring, Bob Dylan, they weren't touring. Jimmy was the man. He headlined all festivals like Woodstock and Atlanta Pop. He was the guy. But you know he was funding that himself. And when you know, when the studio cost overruns came in, he went to Warner Brothers and took an advance against his royalties and had started making payments on that loan by the summer of nineteen seventies. So you know, he he had the ability to make a tremendous amount of money. But you know, back at that time, you didn't go to a bank. Jimmy Hendricks couldn't walk into a Chase Bank and get a loan, you know what I mean. So what he was doing was he was going out playing a concert at the La Forum, coming back with shopping bags full of cash, paying carpenters. It just was there was a wild West element to it at that time. There's you know, when Jimmy Herricks became famous, there were a lot of people who came out of the woodwork and sued him and made problems for him. There's no doubt about it. That always happens in the music industry. Sadly it is you know, even to this day, that kind of thing still happens. But he just, you know, his death came at a time when he was right in the middle of a lot of things that were important to him. But he just you know, he wasn't sitting on a mountain of cash. But as I say, you know, he owned his own things. Even when he toured, he was you know, he was making ninety cents on the dollar. He was one of the first artists to get a hold of merchandise and control it in a way that the Beatles, for example, had never been able to do. So he was, you know, he had the opportunity had he lived, to have made a great deal of money.
Speaker 3: He's Josh McDermott for the three decades, over three decades, catalog director for Jimmy Hendrick's Family. Go out and see this tour, Cincinnati, Ohio, March eleventh, Indianapolis on March twenty, Hey, John, thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Look forward to having you back on.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks man, I appreciate it all right.
Speaker 3: Take care there you go.
Speaker 2: Lots of Pasta Louisville dot com. You want to do something different for Valentine's Day, you be the cook. Don't wait in line and try to get reservations at your favorite restaurant. Go to Lots of Pasta. You can break out a family sized entree. You can get some goat cheese ravioli. That's what I'm gonna do, drizzled with a little bit of olive oil and some garlic bread. You can make your own pizzas, easy desserts, really delicious craft beer, those famous artisanal waters, even cavia if you want to do that. Make it a very special Valentine's Day thanks to Lots of Pasta, Lotsapasta, Louisville dot com.