Speaker 1: It's night.
Speaker 2: Une Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: By the way, this is going to be the last call for Paul. Paul a week ago. Last night, you were the closest predictor of the number of electoral votes that the winning presidential candidate would achieve. And we now have made two or three shoutouts for you. So I'm going to do one more and tomorrow night we will pick the second closest winner. UH, and so you will. You will not get the prize that if you call tonight. Let's just call Rob uh and you you picked Donald Trump with three hundred and fifteen electoral votes. You were off by three. I'd like to get the the night Side tope bag to you, but I'm not going to keep uh. If that was just the one time only, you're gonna you happen to listen to us. And he made a lucky guest, so be it. But we'll give you another one more night. If if someone knows Paul in South Boston as a regular nights I caller, I don't know that he is, but if he is, he needs to call Rob and let him know who he is, and we'll we'll get him the dope back. Simple as that congratulations, Paul. I think waiting in the wings will be Pelvis from Middleton. Paul was three votes away, Pelvis was five votes away. So Pelvis, we may be calling your name tomorrow night. All right, we are talking about the election. We're talking about some people who are quite upset with it, some of the stars from Hollywood, some of whom have threatened to leave. Now tomorrow, I guess just before lunchtime, former President Trump meets with current President by at the White House. I think it's going to be interesting whether or not it's a friendly meeting. I hope it will be, and who knows. The way it's set up, maybe President Biden will invite him to have lunch. I don't know, we'll see. My hat's off to Joe Biden for holding this meeting. He did not have the benefit of a meeting with Donald Trump in twenty twenty. So we're at least getting back to some sense of normalcy or normality, whichever word you'd like to use in the meantime, getting your reaction to what's been transpiring. And let me go to David san Antonio. Dave, welcome, you are back here on nightside. Go ahead, sir, Hi David.
Speaker 1: Good evening, Dan, Are you hearing me?
Speaker 3: Well, you always ask me that question and my answer is always the same. I hear you.
Speaker 1: Fine, Good, that's great. I just remembered a long time ago you told me to call you when I want to discuss the vik Ramaswami again.
Speaker 3: Please don't, please, don't kill my audience. But go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, I I mean I.
Speaker 3: Was You know, if you want to mention that he's going to be involved in the administration, that's great, But I certainly don't want to devote a lot of time and effort to, you know, someone in the there's a lot of people to talk about. What do you want to say?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Well, you said you would admit you was wrong.
Speaker 3: Well tell me what I was wrong about? Did I did I tell you that that he was going to win the presidency? Or what? What? Did what did I tell you?
Speaker 1: You told me that I told you that he was going to be very important in the administration. He said, he's hardly known at all, And don't you know? And and well he hardly know.
Speaker 3: How How well did he do in the in the primary?
Speaker 1: Not very well?
Speaker 3: Not very well? Yeah, And when was our conversation? If I could ask if you I mean, I remember.
Speaker 1: The Iowa before Iowa.
Speaker 3: Okay, so so before Iowa. Let's see how long did it take before he dropped out?
Speaker 1: He dropped out after Iowa?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so I think I was right in that point. But if he gets a position in the administration, he's a smart guy, Dave, He's a smart, very smart guy, self made business man. I'll give you all that credit, But I think that the conversation we had was how well he was going to do? At least that's my recollection of it. Did you think he was going to win the nomination?
Speaker 1: No, I thought he was going to get the vice presidency.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I didn't, so I'll take I'll take the win on that there. But well we were Do you know do.
Speaker 1: You know who I predict me?
Speaker 3: Do you know who I predicted? You listen a lot. You know I said it would be the vice president. Do you know who it was it was? I said on this air And people will tell you that that this was This was probably I'm guessing a long about June. I could have to go back and look at but Rob will tell you I said it would be jd Vance.
Speaker 4: Well, there you're going and the reason I thought.
Speaker 3: That, the reason I thought that was Vance has an incredible story of survival. He came a really difficult situation.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: JD. Vance has had three last names in his life. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just you know, he had a very difficult life.
Speaker 3: Well, his first name was Bowman, Okay, so his dad's Bowman bow m a n and then his mom married another guy. And I can look it up for you if you want, but it's something that the average person doesn't realize. As matter of fact, I'm going to do it for you because you're a you're a good caller right now. I was done to find that out. He was not born JD. Vance, Okay, And it is indicative of what a difficult life, you know, he had. He's only forty years old. Went to Ohio State. He was born James Donald Bowman August second of nineteen eighty four, okay, and then his mom married. He was born in Middleton, Ohio, to his mom, who was a Vance, and Donald Ray Bowman, who died in twenty twenty three. His parents divorced and who's a toddler. After Bowman was adopted by his mother's third husband, Bob Hammill. His mother changed his name to James David Hammill to remove the father's name while using his uncle name to preserve the nickname j D. And then and then she married I guess she married someone who she then gave him her family name, which was JD. Vance. So this is a guy who's had three last names, born into object poverty. Yeah, so that's you know, I mean, give him credit, its credit is due. It's I kind of imagine. I you know, I don't know what your background is, but that's a pretty non traditional background. To be.
Speaker 1: Sure, I've only had one last name in my life. I've had two first names. I've had two first names. I had to tell you. I was given a Jewish name first, but they wouldn't let me take it to the Catholic church. So I got the name David.
Speaker 3: You got to be named after a saint, I guess, if I'm not mistaken, was named after Daniel in the lions Den.
Speaker 1: And at first, at first my mother named me Falk f Alk it was the last name of a Jewish family Inschwitz. That guy didn't make it out, and out of sympathy, she gave me that as a first name. And when she went to baptize me as Catholic because my dad became Catholic also, and you know, they wouldn't let me be named f Alk Falk, so I took the name David.
Speaker 3: I think they've loosened up a little bit on that now recently. David. Always great to you, you voice my friend again.
Speaker 1: I just called to tell you something that you Cary.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, Okay. If I if Alex Jones is the next White House Press Secretary, I will fly to San Antonio, Texas, and I will genuine flect in front of you. He is a nut job. You know who's going to be the next White House Press secretary. The woman who is the press secretary on the campaign, Carolyn Levitt, who's from New Hampshire. Young woman. She ran for Congress in New Hampshire in twenty twenty two. She had the Republican nomination and she lost to Congressman Papace in New Hampshire. Take that one to the bank. Okay.
Speaker 1: They were also talking about Laura Lomer.
Speaker 3: Well whatever, I don't know who Laura Lomer is, but I'll you know again, j D. This guy Jones, I mean, he's anathema. He has done more damage to people here in New England with his lies about what happened. He's he's a huge, He's a he's a he's a he is a he is a guy who has made blood money and he's lost that blood money now. Thank God to the parents. Gotta go, Dave, do me a favor. I don't want to ever hear his name. Pass your lips again. That's how deeply I feel about that. Okay, thanks Dave, talking good night.
Speaker 1: A man.
Speaker 3: Look, I I allow all points of view, but that guy is is lower than he is. He is a snake. Okay, he's a snake and he has gotten everything that he deserves. He's nothing but a phony. He's a The words that come to mind I cannot use on the radio. We'll be back on night side. Feel free join the conversation. My blood pressure will be down by time I come back.
Speaker 2: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World, Nice Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Back to the phones, would go. Let me go to Bill and le Sington. Bill, bring me back to reality. How are your Bill?
Speaker 1: Bill? I'm yeah, I'm doing well. How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 3: Very happy to talk with you. I just I have strong feelings about that guy who who harassed and the new Town parents.
Speaker 1: Can Yes, it's a new day. We could all breathe freely. Now. I've never I'm fifty years old. I've never seen an election in my lifetime create so much stress amongst people with one side or the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I can, yeah, I can be I can understand that. And I'll tell you why. I mean, there were a lot of people in the Trump camp who were convinced, either they convinced themselves or they were convinced that the twenty twenty election was stolen. And I think that that this election gave lie to that. Donald Trump ran a better campaign than the vice pop Yes, uh, and the issues were better for him. He you know again, he he had a lot of mistakes in the first in his first administration. If he if he repeats those mistakes, then then he'll suffer a similar consequence he has. You don't often get a chance at that level, a second opportunity, do you know what I'm saying, Well or not?
Speaker 1: And there's only one in history where that's ever occurred.
Speaker 5: Again, and most people don't know much about growth Cleveland, and they know less about Benjamin Harrison, the guy that beat him the first time, I mean Benjamin Hair and again, you know, to be.
Speaker 1: Honest, for you when you just said that name, that was the first time I can remember hearing it, like, you know, but he's undred percent. But I do believe he's setting himself up with success. He's putting right out of the right places. And I would rather pay a dollar eighty eight a gallon for gas in three eighty eight or four eighty eight in the right down the line. And I just you know, I just feel that America made the right choice in the America spoken volumes.
Speaker 3: I mean again, he you know, he succeeded in twenty twenty four where he failed in twenty twenty. Uh And I'm not in any I don't even want to talk about the twenty twenty election because it's been literated. I think he made a huge mistake bring those people together in Washington on January sixth, with the language have stopped to steal and all of that is great.
Speaker 1: I will tell you. I did chuckle a little bit when I saw the results from DC and it was Kamilla Harris like ninety six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I understand that, and I led up. I think when Ronald Reagan beat Walter Mondale forty nine to one in nineteen eighty four. Mondale did carry his own home state of Minnesota, and he carried the District of Columbia when Nixon beat McGovern And remember we had the bumper strips up here. Don't blame me, I'm from millions. Yes, Massachusetts, he also won the District of Columbia. I just think that there's a lot of people in the District of Columbia who are Democrat. As a solidly Democratic district, they do get three members in Congress, although they do not vote. They're not voting members of Congress. There are three representatives of the District of Columbia, which is probably why the District of Columbia never should become a state, by the way, because it's a small little area. It was designed to be a non state because that.
Speaker 1: Was Nona exactly. And all of a sudden, I think a lot of people are breather of a better breath ofrea today than they were last week.
Speaker 3: Well, some people are. There's a lot of people who are very disappointed on the other side, and a lot of people on the other side. And by the way, we've talked about Seth Molton. I hope to have him on either Tomorrow night or Thursday night. He's he now is sort of the skunk at the garden party for the Democrats because he raised some issues that he thinks the party should talk about. And it's one of these things where the party is is not learning from their mistakes and they're saying, well, you shouldn't even raise that issue. And look, that's an issue that probably helped Trump. Trump use that issue. Do you know that Harris had a billion dollars in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that she spent in weeks and weeks she raised a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and it was almost as if they had so much money. I'm still trying to track down, uh, and I really don't want to go there. But but there's been some talk that some of the entertainers that appeared and endorsed her they were paid for their adherence. Now I understand that maybe in their head they're going to say, well, I'm gonna go endorse the candidacy, but but I'm also going to say sing some songs. I want to find that out when when all of those filings are made, because if any of those entertainers took money from the campaign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the lot. I have a lot of friends of mine right now, Dan, that are saying Robert de Niro was dead. To me, I'll love a watching of a movie he's never been in. He chose to make, he chose to make some serious statements.
Speaker 3: He was he was pretty vituperative. I mean, but he obviously feels that way. He's he lives in a country where where you have the right to say that, and he has the ability to say that, and and he he will not miss a meal by having said it, you know. So it's let's sell it.
Speaker 1: That's the United States. You have freedom of speech, and thank god we have that. You bet than we maintained that.
Speaker 3: You bet. Your your a voice of sanity. I'm the voice of reason, but your a voice of sanity. Thank you, man. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Call you are you are the voice of reason. Dan, always a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Thanks buddy, Touch you soon. Let's go to Joe in waitmouth, Joe, there's no nice I appreciate you calling in. Get you in here before the newscast at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, thank you for pritiiculing my call. I'll be quick. I I don't what's that?
Speaker 3: What's that you're talk in the background. You sound like you're riding in a in a horse drawn carriage for a moment.
Speaker 6: Sorry, that's my directionals in my truck. Okay, I shut them off for you. I'm I won't be sorry to see anybody leaves that doesn't think that they need to be here anymore. Trump is and I think maybe we could solve the housing crisis also if that happens.
Speaker 3: Very very good point, very good point. I mean, some of the celebrities who are threatening to leave or have threatened to leave, they live in big, big houses. Maybe we could turn them into public housing or something.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 6: Absolutely we need to, you know, think about other things. And it just does I mean, it doesn't make a lot of people happy that mister Trump is president elect, but it gives us the thought that we have four years to figure out that of all the people in this country, we've got to be able to find at least two people that are qualified to run for president. This was just awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean, look, we'll see what happens. He did not have a great first term, particularly after COVID hit. Now that's an unexpected surprise, so you give give him a little bit of flexibility there. He did some really dumb things and and I know f be upset that I would say that he you know, some of the phone calls that he made. I just don't want to go all there. I'm willing to wipe this slight clean. Let's see who he appoints. I thought that he made an appointment today which I think was a good one, and that was Mike Huckabee as the ambassador to Israel. How could he happens to be Christian? But I think that he would be well received in Israel. He's been a big supporter of Israel as I am. I think that's a good appointment.
Speaker 6: Yes, that that sounded good to me when I heard that.
Speaker 3: Also, Yeah, let's see what Let's see what happens. I know that the Democrats are putting some pressure on Justice. So Tamayor, who's only seventy years of age, which is you know, in terms of Supreme Court justice, is fairly young. She's been there for a while, but there are some Democrats that want to get her out so that this Congress can President Biden would have a chance to nominate it. I think that's wrong. I think that's wrong. The pressure was being brought brought to bear on her. You know, let's see how it all plays out here. I was happy to see that Senator Schumer today relented and allowed the Senator elect from Pennsylvania, Dave McCormick, to participate in the uh the first day for new senators in Washington, the orientation session. I thought that was a good thing. Look, let's let's see how how this evolves. I mean, Donald Trump has has a second chance to make a first impression. You bet you at that level, you'd be like if you want to have an interview for a new job, and you during the interview you throw up on your shoes. You're so nervous. The next time you get a second chance to goin and you're very composed and you handle it. Well, good for you. So let's see what happens. That's that's all.
Speaker 6: Well, we we just have to give everybody a chance, that's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, Joe I said through for four years, Joe Biden was my president because we all have one president. And there were a lot of my my listeners who are upset about that. But I think every American and there'll be there'll be people on the other side of Donald Trump's not my president. That's not what this country is supposed to be about. We're democracy. The majority of people have voted. Now if President Trump makes mistakes.
Speaker 6: Oh absolutely, that's we only have one president. You have to respect the office. You don't have to respect the person in the office.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And and I hope that that that judge down in New York one merchand does the right thing and says this case is over, because that stuff should not be. I don't want that stuff hanging over his head. That was a political prosecution in the first place, in my opinion, and.
Speaker 6: I think that's a pretty widely held opinion.
Speaker 3: Let's see what happens.
Speaker 6: Let's see what happens.
Speaker 3: Joe, great to talk with you. I enjoy the conversation.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Dan. All Right, have a good nay, have.
Speaker 3: A safe trip home. Good night. We'll take a quick break eleven thirty here at the bottom of the hour. I've got a bunch of calls and I'm gonna be talking with uh Laurie and Idaho. Always a pleasure. Bill in Pennsylvania, Alex and Joeann and Waltham and I have one one line open and it is this six coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 2: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get back to the phone. It's gonna go to Laurie Idaho. Laurie, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, No snow yet, Thank you very much. So I'm going to start out with just a little bit of humor. Maybe you're was it? Was it Paul the Bay guy? Maybe he's already even snagged by Biden for a position in the station. All right, I mean, and uh, excuse me, Trump for a position administration.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe, I mean he hit the he hit the he was three three electoral votes away, so you got to give the guy some credit. But I don't know where he is. Dope, Bak's going to go to someone else. I'm going to give it. IM going to send that out to you. No, we'll we'll get it to whoever it was second closest, unfortunately for Paul. So what do you think about?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: How's the lunch going? How is the meeting at the White House going to go tomorrow? In your opinion? I think this before you know.
Speaker 4: Well, So here's my thing with experience with people with dementia.
Speaker 1: They have no guile.
Speaker 4: So as far as Biden goes, it's going to be fine. Up well, and then I'm not being and then I'm not being demeaning. At any point, it's going to be fine. He's going to be genuine to the point he can be, and I think it's going to go okay, And so it because that's well, he's also a career politician. That's in his blood.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, no, no, no. But my question is it supposedly is the meeting is before lunch? What do you think the chances are we should put this on some sort of a betting website that that Biden turns herund and says, hey, Donald is great to see you. Come on, let's have lunch. I mean, I don't think lunch is on the schedule. I think the meeting is scheduled, but I don't know that lunch is on the schedule. So the question will.
Speaker 4: Be, well, I think that depends how much Jill is involved. Did you see the suit she wore when she went to vote yes?
Speaker 3: It was a very red suit carry.
Speaker 4: Yes, And somehow Biden got to get to Kamala hervy to any of them wanted to, and so I think she's a little bit on the revenge to her. So I think it will go quite well, and I think it will be quite charitable. And he may say for lunch if Biden wants, I mean, I if Trump wants to. But yeah, I don't know. Well, I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: Going to be.
Speaker 3: Don't think it'll be what.
Speaker 4: I don't think it'll be acrimonious by any means.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, it was going to be acrimonious, would be first of all, Uh, there's no reason that that the president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I mean so.
Speaker 3: And and by the way, you got to give Biden credit. He was not extended the courtesy by Donald Trump. Obviously the circumstances were quite different.
Speaker 4: Does he remember that though.
Speaker 3: I suspect he probably does. To be honest with you, I mean, I know what you're saying, but I think that probably sticks in his mind. We'll we'll see. I'm I'm gonna be fascinated by it, what they say. And obviously they'll do the the the walk in the room, sit down in the two chairs, shake the hands, How are you, how are you? Thank you? For the invitation, thank you for coming, and then the what the what the White House the Biden pressed me, thank you, thank you, time to be lieve, let's go. And of course they will be shouting questions. You'll hear the the the barking dogs of the White House media, and they'll be failing questions, so that neither President Biden or former President Trump will even hear what was being asked. I think it's yeah, but it's great that that, unlike other countries around the world, we have something like that tomorrow. I mean that seriously. I don't I don't want to, you know, get you know, romantic over it, but I think there's something very nice about that and reassuring. I wish it had happened four years ago, but it will happen tomorrow. So let's see.
Speaker 4: Well, and before you're I mean cod and codin COVID. COVID screwed us up so many years ago that everybody screwed up, even Trump was from I think Medica Agency was taking and everything else.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be longer than just a handshake. I think Biden will get into it and be into the the pomp and circumstance unless his wife doesn't let him.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is that, you know, Joe Biden will be sitting there. The cameras will be turned off. They'll show pictures of Donald Trump. Maybe he greets him at the front door, Maybe he doesn't. Maybe I don't know. It's just to be interesting how the protocol will play out. I'm looking to see the protocol. Does he greet him at the front door, do they walk down the corridor together? I assume it will be in that meeting room where normally the president receives guests. Does and again, if it is a thing where Donald Trump walks into the room and President Biden is there, stands up and says welcome back or whatever he says, you know that. That'll go for about ten seconds, some platitudes back and forth, and then the White House media first people will okay, cameras off, thank you very much, thank you very much, and then we'll hear from them later. We'll hear from Trump later he meets apparently he's gonna meet with the Republican members of Congress up at the Capitol before he goes to the White House. So it's one of those great days we can look as Americans and say, hey, this ended peacefully. I mean it really is.
Speaker 4: Will be more friendly because Jill is going to make him be more friendly because he's really ticked off at the people who put him out of office. That's my my girls for politics thing. I'm thinking that he's going to be more friendly because she's gonna make him to be more friendly. She's really ticked off.
Speaker 3: Well, well do you know that missus Trump Malania is not going to the White.
Speaker 4: House with their I'm not surprised at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she and she's upset that they when they rated Mari Lago that apparently they they trifled with some of her personal items.
Speaker 1: If you get my drift, I don't even want to go.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they supposedly the complaint. The complaint was that they went and they searched the private.
Speaker 4: Quarters her personal her personal residence there exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so that's that's that's the side story.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I I think I think Jill Biden has more more control over Joe Biden in this thing. She's gonna she's gonna be happy if he's like friendly and great and wonderful to the Donald coming in because she is so mad at what the Papa Masters did.
Speaker 3: Well, I think, I think again, we still need to get the story of who was behind the plan to move Joe out of the out of the.
Speaker 4: Nomination out of them, we don't know, but she's probably pretty ticket whoever you're gonna mind, I think.
Speaker 1: She's can be friendly to Trump.
Speaker 4: So okay, thanks Laurie, it's always your thanks.
Speaker 3: Let me go to bill and Pennsylvania Billia next on NIGHTSID welcome.
Speaker 7: Oh thanks, man, Hey, I just want to give you a rundown what I'm hearing down here in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 7: The first big news was that the Democrat vote coming out of Philadelphia around the area of Philadosia was down about twenty percent.
Speaker 3: I've heard that.
Speaker 7: The second information that's coming out is that this is one of the I think basically the first election okay, that the Menna Nights and the they okay, had an effect on the vote, on the popular vote, which is really something when you think about rural Pennsylvania. Yeah, you know, it's always been It's always been Philadelphia, Allentown and Pittsburgh and then the rest of the state. Well, yes, if rural Pennsylvania Okay, is getting involved in these in these elections? All right, that's a big, big deal here in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you this. I saw I saw a piece last week that said the Trump campaign actually, you know, campaigned and they went and they asked the Amish and the Mennonites to vote. I don't know the difference between the Amish and the Mennonites, but obviously they are they they use horse and buggy. They don't use cars, and there's all sorts of you know, electrical appliances that they don't use. But have they in prior elections? Have they not got involved? Is this the first election that they voted in mass.
Speaker 7: Or Well they're they're trying to figure that out. But anyways, you know it so for those people, uh, it depends on what their bishop tells them.
Speaker 1: Dan. If their bishop says, you know, you guys should go out and vote, that will vote.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well the reason the reason I say that is I'm assuming that unless they applied for votes by mail and they mailed the ballots in that on election day, they should. Those people, the Mennonites in the Amish, you know, dress in very distinctive fashion. You think that they would have seen people walking in and out of voting locations.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't need Yeah, they're putting it together now, but that's what we're hearing now. I think what really turned everybody. There's a lot of people who are sitting on the fence, even up to the last couple of days. And what I think what really that those ads that we saw Kamala Okay in her own words saying about the you know trans if you're in jail and your trans you should get we should pay for your sex change. That that was a big one. And the other one was people people down here, Okay are watching before the you know, way back when, watching how bad Joe was, and they and the Democrats keep saying, oh, he's sharp as attacks. So that had a big effect. And I just think that what's gonna be interesting for me is when Donald takes his hand off the Bible and I think maybe right there at the podium, okay and his he's going to pardon himself and his family and mostly will be most of the Jay six inmates.
Speaker 3: And did you're talking about uh Trump?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought talking about Trump pardons.
Speaker 3: I think that would be huge. No, first of all, first of all, I think most of the he certainly, I think most of the federal charges are going to be dropped. I think that those those charges will go away. He will not have to pardon himself on those, and I think that Judge Marshawn is smart. He will vacate the the guilty verdict. The only case that still might be open is the Atlantic case, and that one is the weakest of them all. In my opinion, I hope that he does not pardon the j six defendants because I think that is some of the maybe cases where there was a misapplication of justice, but people who smashed windows at the Capitol, that's way over the top. Bill. I mean, that would be a huge mistake, a huge mistake.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna Yeah, in the past, he said he's going to do it, so I think he's gonna do it, and I think he's gonna. I think he's going to give himself a pardon and his family a pardon, because remember they were going after both of his sons and and uh and all that all that uh stuff.
Speaker 3: The Trump well, he has four years to give himself a pardon if he wants to number one and number two whatever that his sons might have been investigated on the statute of limitations might expire in the meantime, So we'll see, well, ye know, we'll we'll we'll see. I will remember it. And if he does it that way, I want you to call and take a victory leap. I got to run here because they got a bunch of calls behind us, and I got to give everybody a shot.
Speaker 1: Thanks than you need you.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. I appreciate it. We'll take a quick break, joe In, Alex and Kristen. We will get you in. I promise gonna be a little bit tighter on time, but we'll get you in.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And if anybody else wants to try, give it a shot. Six one seven, six one seven. I have two lines open, one on each of those numbers. Give it a shot. If you get in, great. If you don't, that's your problem, not mine. Coming back on night.
Speaker 2: Side now bent to Dan Ray Mine from the window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's run the table here as we say, Alex and Millis Alex next all nights.
Speaker 7: I go ahead, Hey, good eating, Dn, think uh, the meaning will go pretty cordial. I wanted to say one thing.
Speaker 1: I ran.
Speaker 7: I ran into our neighbor that lives on the other side, and she commented me on on my on my signs on my lawn. Although you said, I wish I had done that, but I was afraid of my neighbors. So till this day, people still you know, we're not We're not as united as you would think. Uh, you know, they hold they hold the crude. I don't know if that's gonna last, but uh, you know.
Speaker 3: Well I think it's gonna I think there would be some people who will never forgive. I don't know what's wrong with your radio there, but need to turn that radio down.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think tells people that you're in the radio down right.
Speaker 7: I'm in the bad with me at the firmas sorry about that. You what it was the furness kicking on opened before.
Speaker 3: We just got a bad kndation, Alice, And I'm sorry, I have no idea where you're calling from. But try it again another time. Okay, thanks, Alex, appreciate it. Uh look, look, look, folks, they're trying to run a radio show here so that people can hear what's going on. And Rob, what was the problem with that? Phone call. Yep, no problem. They go to joe In and in Waltham joe In next on nights. I sorry, Alex, was just it was indecipherable what you were saying. Go ahead, joe In.
Speaker 8: Good to hear you, great.
Speaker 3: Joe In, go right ahead. What's your take on all of this?
Speaker 8: Well, as far as these movie stars and singers, will anyone even notice if they leave the country?
Speaker 3: Oh? I suspect some of them have a pretty high level notoriety. I mean, I think that if Barber starts saying word to leave, people would notice that. I don't think people would particularly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but would they care?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. But I mean I think that, Gee, if Barbara Sid wanted to make a great and exit as she said and moved to is what she told the CBS Late nine show show host. I forget his name. I actually repressed his name in my mind. No, I don't know. I mean that we'll have to see these these threats have been made before. So far nobody has left the best pology if there is.
Speaker 8: No, I think of them already have places in Europe and you know.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm talking about giving I'm talking about giving up your citizenship. I'm not talking about like absenting yourself for six months and going to uhha A, Aruba and spending six months in Aruba. I'm talking about actually saying, hey, I I I'm leaving. I'm so disgusted as an American. I'm I'm I'm surrendering my citizenship and I'm going to become a citizen of another country if if they'll have me.
Speaker 8: I don't know, and I have to tell you. At two in the morning on election night, when Trump and the family came out and they played, you know, proud to be an American, I brushed out crying.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I.
Speaker 8: Just well, I just it was like all that tension and pressure of four years was released, and I finally, unlike Americans, get it. I was so proud that American people saw what was going on with the Democrats.
Speaker 3: It's a fifty to fifty election, and the Republicans can't sit back in their laurels. The Republicans have to do a good job.
Speaker 8: You'll, yeah, I know, but he did get more than you know, he got the majority, more than a good majority.
Speaker 3: You know, he got fifty two fifty point two percent. At this point of the popular vote, fifty two, right precisely. Now he did better in terms of the electoral college, and that's that's that's important as well, Joanne, I hate to quimp you here, but I got Christine in Deim.
Speaker 8: I'd like to give her about find Okay.
Speaker 3: Call more often when I miss hearing from you. Thank you, good night, Christine. Gonna, Well, how much time we got here, Rob? What are we looking at it? Two minutes? Okay, I got a minute for you, Christine, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Okay. I think I think today it's going to be a chilly reception at the White House.
Speaker 3: Oh you think it's going to be a little frosty huh Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think they'll shake hands, are all? I really don't.
Speaker 3: Oh they will, I'll bet you uh an ice cream cone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll shake.
Speaker 3: They will have look the one whoever off is it? Look? I think those shake hands. I do remember, uh Kamala Harris and President Trump, President like Trump shook hands after their debate, or actually before their debate, if you remember, she kind of went over to Yeah, so I think they'll shake. I think they'll shake. I think it'll be friendlier than people realize. In my opinion, we'll see. Okay, well I'm if if it's really chilly, I am going to give you all the credit in the world.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, thanks Christine, all.
Speaker 3: Right, talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: And share.
Speaker 3: Okay. I don't think she's gonna go. Thanks Christine, talk to you soon. We're done for the night. I am set up to go on Facebook Live Nights Out with Dan Ray immediately after the show. I'm going to be there pronto. I want to thank Rob Brooks, want to thank Marita, want to thank the callers, especially all the listeners. I'll remind you as always, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heap and that's what my pal Charlie Ray is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who would pass. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see again tomorrow night on Nightside. We will have reaction to the Trump Biden meeting tomorrow at the White House tomorrow night. I promise, thank you everybody. See you on Facebook in about ten seconds,