Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, Welcome into the Thinking Crypto podcast, your home for cryptocurrency news and interviews. I'm your host, Tony Edward. On your way in. Please sit that subscribe button as well as a thumbsub button and leave a comment below. If you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify or Apple, please leave a five star rating and review. Okay, folks, I'm sure many of you saw the news already, and that is the Clarityact has officially passed in the Senate Banking Committee through the markup phase. So the vote was fifteen to nine and the bill will now go to the Senate floor. So a major win for crypto here. I know this is just part one of the five part phase of getting through the Senate to the ultimately being voted and then going to President Trump's desk. But we're seeing progress right. There are people who are saying this bill won't even make it out the markup phase.
Speaker 2: Well, he just did.
Speaker 1: And in fact, it was a bipartisan vote to advance is bill with two Democrats voting in favor. Who are Senator Rubin Gallego and Senator Angela also Brooks if you recall Senator also Brooks and Tillus were the ones who worked on the stable coin compromise deal. So bipartisan support on both fronts. So very bullish. We got ways to go, but this is a big win.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: A lot of folks weighed in about how great this is. I'll just share what Brian Armstrong, ceof Coinbase, said about it. Obviously, you guys can go read the comments and tweet them everybody else there's so many. By the way, Brian said, the Crypto Market Structure Bill has passed the Senate Banking Committee with a bipartisan vote. Historic day for crypto and for the future of digital assets in America. Grateful for the countless hours from lawmakers and staff to strengthen this legislation. Big improvement from where we were in January on rewards, tokenization, DeFi, and CFTC authority. I'm proud we stood up for our customers in that moment and the bill is better.
Speaker 2: Because of it.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to a bipartisan law that cements the US as the world's crypto capital. Let's get clarity done so again, huge win for the industry folks. Now, of course, not everyone was happy about this. Elizabeth Warren was on a tear and you know, she showed up with her same all bullshit talking points that were handed down to her from the banksters.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So one of the things she said, I'm not gonna play the clips because I don't want to have to listen to her voice.
Speaker 2: But she said this.
Speaker 1: Will blow up the economy, So all types of hyperbole and nonsense.
Speaker 2: But what she's really trying to say is, this is gonna blow up my bankster friends. They're gonna lose market share, they're gonna lose their big bonuses.
Speaker 1: Right, going back to the stable coin neal compromise, you know, we were talking about the banks don't want to give any type of yield to you or higher interest to you. They want to keep the majority of the money for their year end bonuses. And you can imagine Jamie Diamond, who's her best friend, right, they teamed up to bash Crypto. If you guys recall in early twenty twenty four. In fact, John Deeton, who ran against Elizabeth Warren and obviously was really instrumental in the Ripple lawsuitcase against the SEC or the SEC's lawsuit against Ripple. You know, he highlighted that even in the Epstein situation, Elizabeth Warren did not once, did not once ask Jamie Diamond in that hearing anything about that, even though JP Morgan got fined and they.
Speaker 2: Paid that fine.
Speaker 1: So Elizabeth Warren, while she's put up this facade over the years that she's against the banks, she's not.
Speaker 2: She's a puppet for them.
Speaker 1: And she had her attack dog Gary against her unlawfully attacking the crypto industry under the Binding administration. But it's a new day, and you know, she again showed up with a whole bunch of nonsense, and she had the most amendments to the bill around forty four. I mentioned that in yesterday's podcast. So, same old Elizabeth Warren, up to her shenanigans. But she's on the losing side of history. In fact, Senator Bernie Moreno called her out on this hyperbole statement of when this will blow up the economy. Crypto will blowup the economy, he said, in just fifteen months, Senator Warren has predicted economic arm again in more than six times. Today's apocalypse, the claritiac will blow up the economy, same script, different target. Maybe the only thing crashing is her credibility innovation over fear. I don't even know what to say. Look, Bernie Marine is obsolutely absolutely right. But again Elizabeth Warren again those big fat checks, right, so she's gonna go out and say all the craziness. So, guys, what happens next? Obviously this is a big win. Well, the bill now goes to the Senate floor for a vote, and the bill will need sixty votes to pass in the Senate. We don't have a date yet. The reporting we're getting is this is going to happen soon.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Patrick Witt at the White House, the White House crypto advisor, said they're targeting to have this pass by July fourth, right, so that would be a major win. The big part is to get it out of the Senate, which is it's really hard to move bills there. Right, If you guys caught my interviews with folks like Cody Carbone or Ron Hammond and all these guys, it's really really tough. And after the bill passes through the Senate, it has to go to the House of Representatives to be passed again. Because the Senate updated the bill, right, they changed fit twenty one to clarity and did a whole bunch of new things. So the House will have to pass it, But I don't believe the House is going to have any problems Again. They passed the FIT twenty one and then it will go to President Trump and that's the easy part. He'll just sign it into law, just like he did the Genius Act. But we got to get it through the Senate. And of course Elizabeth Warren's not going to stop here. She's going to continue to fight, and the banks are going to continue to lobby. You know, they could certainly go after more Senators and say, hey, look, midterm elections coming up.
Speaker 2: I'm going to send you a check.
Speaker 1: Right, don't vote for this bill, protect us.
Speaker 2: Where are the banks? You guys know how it all works. So that's what this is.
Speaker 1: Where we can't guarantee anything's going to pass, but at least we're seeing progress and we're making it through the different hurd and today we crossed the big hurles. So I'm optimistic and I believe overall the US has to get this done from a global competition standpoint and to unlock innovation in this industry for more capital to come in, for jobs to be created and much more. Plus, Look, even though some of these incumbents are fighting back because they want to slow it down so they can catch up.
Speaker 2: They're still building, right JP Morgan.
Speaker 1: All these banks are still building, launching tokenized acids, stable coins, crypto.
Speaker 2: Investment products, and much more. So.
Speaker 1: It's not that they are against the technology, they just want to control it. They would but they would love to wipe out all the crypto native firms and just control blockchain and crypto. That would be their dream, right, But it's not going to happen. So disruptions at their doorstep now something we do have to be aware of. There were some last minute negotiations between the Banking Committee Republicans and Democrats over multiple amendments, which were brokeered this morning in an effort to secure bipartisan support for today's vote of the claritiac. This is being reported by Eleanor Turret. She says, however, the compromise came at the cost of a specific change to Senator Lumis's amendment that remove language from Section three oh one of the bill referencing the Blockchain Regulatory Certain Act, disappointing some DeFi advocates who say the move could strip out critical protections for software developers as.
Speaker 2: The bill moves forward.
Speaker 1: So we know the other major factor outside of stable coon yield. The other major factor these banks and incumbents have been fighting is DeFi.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They don't like that again, they want to control it. Remember the letter Citadel sent to the SEC regarding this. So Eleanor continues saying, notably, Senator Mark Warner, Democrat out of Virginia, did not vote to advance the bill, despite positively referencing the changes during the markup. That said, Senator Bernie Moreno said during the hearing that there's still work to be done on section three oh one, suggesting discussions will continue in the coming weeks as the Banking Committee and the Senate Agriculture Committee work to merge the texts ahead of the full Senate vote. So we got to watch this because we've got to protect DEFILE again. The tratifying commans would love to eliminate DEFILE, and they want to make it more centralized versus decentralized. Again, they want to control the piping, right, So this is something we got to pay attention to. It was something that was stripped. But look, you're never going to get a perfect bill. Initially, you gotta keep it moving and then you know, as you go along, the process like Senator burning moreno highlighted here, you start negotiating and adding these texts in. So we got to get it done though. It's so important because if you don't have clarity, another administration can come later on and just wipe out everything that was done by the sec, CFTC and other agencies. So clarity will put the rubber stamp of saying this is law, and if you want to change it, you got to go through the whole legis later process, right, versus a president coming in or so doing an executive order and wiping out, you know, again, what the agencies have done. So it's important that we get this bill through. Yes, we still got to fine tune it, but we're making progress here, guys. We are absolutely making progress. And there's a saying perfection is the enemy of progress. Right, you aim for perfection to get everything done, it ain't gonna happen. And again, we gotta be carefully because you got people like Elizabeth Warren who are not giving up. Right again, she's getting those big fat checks on the banks, so it's not only herd as others as well.
Speaker 2: So we got to get this done, all right, guys.
Speaker 1: Quick word from our sponsor, and that is I Trust Capital, which allows you to invest in crypto as well as precious metals like gold and silver in an IRA. You may say, why should I invest via an IRA, Well, you get huge tax advantages. That's the big selling point here. And if you have a long term view on crypto and precious metals, which obviously precious metals have performed incredibly well and obviously we know there's super upside for crypto. Right we're still early legislations on the cusp of being passed, and you have the long term view, you can do it via a IRA and again get those benefits. So within the IRA you can buy, sell and trade twenty four to seven. It's low cost, no monthly fee, and if you have an existing iray of four to one k, you can roll it over to I Trust Capitalist version. So on the crypto side, you get access to eighty plus crypto assets. Bitcoin XRP theorem, Solana, you name it. You go down the list a lot of assets. Even stable coins like Circles, USDC and Ripples are l USD. Now they also offer a great custody solution called Premium Custody Account. So I believe this is the second safest way to custody your assets behind self custody where you control the private keys. Why is that is because they use institutional grade crypto custy such as coin based Prime Fidelity Digital Assets. Black Rock uses coin based prime, right, So you're getting tier one level custodial services here, and it's low fees. You can go in and out of it twenty four to seven and it's a closed loops at them, so if someone hacks into your account, they can't withdraw anything. So this is very secure. And again it's using tier one institutional grade custody. So guys, great, great option here to invest in custody your assets and you get exposure to bud crypto and precious metals and folks, if you sign up with my link, you can get a one hundred dollars funding bonus. I have an account with I Trust Capital, so check them out.
Speaker 2: Link will be in the description.
Speaker 1: Okay, folks, we've got some big chain link news here. Crack in to replace Layer zero with chain link to bridge assets across blockchains. So this is a pretty big adoption of chain link. I think yesterday we also covered some chain link news. I'm a link token holder. I bullish on this project. The solutions they've built on chain Link is being used by other blockchains, by tradi fi and crypto native firms, so it's pretty incredible. This is one of my long term bets for sure. So cracking is replacing Layer zero with chain Links CCIP as the exclusive cross chain infrastructure for KBTC and future wrapped assets. This sees a total of over three billion in TVL migrating after a two hundred and ninety two million dollars Layer zero powered bridge exploit involving KELP. Rival crypto exchange Coinbase has also selected Chainlink CCIP as the sole bridge for about seven billion dollars in wrap tokens. Last year, moving ahead, CME Group and NASDAC announced launch of crypto index futures tracking, which includes Bitcoin, Ether, Solana, XRP, Cardano Link, and XLM in a single contract. Look at the names CME and the Nasdaq. The Nasdaq is stock exchange right. The CME, sim Chicago Mercantile Group have been around long before crypto. They're building financial products around different crypto assets. Guys, we are seeing the maturation and crypto going mainstream. Amazing stuff now here's another example. Darthmuth Endowment invest in Solana ETF holds fourteen million dollars in crypto exposure. So we've seen a lot of universities have been investing in these crypto ETFs and they're looking to get exposure to obviously increase the value of their holdings. So I think as we get the Clarity Act pass, we're going to see a lot more a lot more again because the risk.
Speaker 2: Will be off the table. Obviously there's risks involved.
Speaker 1: In investing in any asset right stocks, real estate, and so forth, but crypto is being held back because there's not clarity. There's no rules of the road. So a lot of companies are like, I'm not gonna put that much. But once there's legislation and everybody knows what the dos and don'ts are, the capital will flow in. So the nine billion dollar endowment of Ivy League University Dartmouth College reported new investments with exposure to cryptocurrencies, increasing the digital assets in its portfolio since January. Any Thursday, filing with the SEC, the Trustees of Dartmouth College reported that the university endowment held about three point three million dollars worth of bit wise Salona Staking Exchange Traded fund, so bit wise close friends of the podcast have had Matt Hogan on many times. So great to see that they're getting their ETF invested in. So the trustees also disclosed about three point five million dollars worth of gray scaley Theorem staking ETF and about seven point seven million dollars of black Rocks I share bitquin ETF. Incredible folks, and they're not the only one. Yale Harvard, all these guys are doing it. So again, this will continue to increase. I think we're seeing to drop in the bucket here, and once we have clarity, the floodgates are going to open. I have the thesis, I know, I've said it many times that with all these on rams being built, ETF's financial products and not so much the on ramps for retail, but institutions which hold the big money. With all that being set up, right, you got Charlis Schwab, launchain crypto trading, you got e Trade, Morgan Stanley, all that, and then you have clarity pass. There's your kickoff of the supercycle, right, which is going to drive the valuations of the tokens higher. Obviously, all right, moving ahead. Turnkey raises twelve point five million dollars in round back by Circle Ventures and Sequoia Capital. So Turnkey bills, wallet and key management infrastructure for crypto applications. The company said the new capital will support development of Turnkey Verifiable Cloud, a secure computing product for digital assets and sensitive workloads, ahead of its public launch. So the New York based firm was founded by former coin based custody employees Bryce Ferguson and Jack Kearney. Its infrastructure is used for non custodial wallets, automated on chain transactions, and policy controls signing.
Speaker 2: So with the twelve point.
Speaker 1: Five million dollar raise, it puts their total funding to sixty five million dollars. A lot of folks participated, including Baying, Cryptocapital, Light Speed Faction, Galaxy Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and Variant. So, guys, we continue to see lots of capital being invested in companies building the infrastructure of the market, right, So this is very healthy, very good, and of course these companies are also investing in the tokens themselves, so really great to see. Now here's another example. Stable coin powered neobank facet raises fifty one million dollars to expand across emerging markets. So the money is It's to expand its stable coin power banking platform with backing from Japan's SBI Group, Invests Corp and Turkey's ours Port Foy I think I butchered Dad, but anyway. The Los Angeles based startup uses stable coins to move money across more than fifty payment corridors in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, processing over thirty two billion dollars in annualized volume for more than one thousand small and medium sized businesses in one hundred and twenty five countries. Facet said it plans to use the new funding to enter additional markets, build lending and trade finance products, and grow its proprietary own network infrastructure. As stable coins gain traction for remittances and cross border commerce. So again, guys huge investments and the building continues. Final news item here Black Rock Janie Henderson tokenized funds yet instant redemptions with new one billion dollar facility. So Grove launched a liquidity network offering up to one billion dollars in daily stable coin liquidity for instant redemptions for Black Rocks and Janie Henderson's tokenized treasury funds. The facility dub Basin aims to fix a key weakness in the fifteen billion dollar tokenized treasury market by providing instant stable coin payouts against approved redemptions while underlying fund settlements proceed on traditional rails. Major asset managers and crypto firms including Securitize, Centrifuge, Anchorage Digital, Galaxy Digital, and falcon X are partnering on the platform. As tokenized US treasury products grow rapidly and institutions increasingly part of cash on blockchain based funds. So many of you know black Rock has a tokenized money market fund called Biddle. Recently it was announced they're going to expand and create more funds, right, So it's great to see the innovation to help improve these products and the network and liquidity and the piping and the infrastructure around all this so incredible what's being built, guys.
Speaker 2: We are at the tip of the iceberg. There's so much more.
Speaker 1: Again, once we get like full tokenization clarity or guidance from the SEC, once we get clarity Act PASS, you're going to see.
Speaker 2: So much more of this.
Speaker 1: It is going to increase at a rapid pace. So very very bullish news. Again, have the long term view. I know right now the market's not reflecting this news. It will guys, even like today the Clariact making it out of the Senate. You look at bitcoins chart, it's still stuck between eighty one eighty two K. It didn't break out. There wasn't a massive green candle. In fact, one could argue this markup was already priced in. But patients. Market moves in cycles. We are climbing our way out of a bear market. They're still the potential for a bitcoin to roll over and go test fifty AK or sixty K or potentially lower. Again, I'm not saying that's going to happen. I'm not saying it's guaranteed. I'm saying it's a scenario because we're talking probabilities. No one has a crystal ball. So let's see what next week brings us. I do believe there's still some bullish momentum here for bitcoin. There is a CME gap at around eighty four K, so let's see what happens. The stock market continues to make new highs. This SMP five hundred is going parabolic. It hit seventy five hundred. Today for the first time in history, the NASDAK is also ripping like crazy. Now they're both in the overbought zones, super super overheated here, so we do have to be cautious. There may not be a lot more time for this respective rally. It may correct very soon. I don't know if there's going to be some sort of black Swan event that makes it crash, or there's just a healthy correction.
Speaker 2: We'll see. Right again, when I.
Speaker 1: See things overheated like this, I'm always worried because markets don't go up in the same direction forever, and you use the signals like the R side to see where if we're overbought or over sold, right, So when we are we were down in the oversold zone in March, I was like, hey, look we are getting ready to rally, but now that we are in the overbought zone, get ready for a pullback, right, So just be cautious, guys. Obviously, if you have the long term view, this is just ebbs and flows, as it's saying, goes. Time in the market is better than trying to time the market. So you want to obviously buy when it's blood on the streets and hold and position yourself, right, So this is where we get to watch it closely and hopefully you know, Bitcoin has one more run up to eighty five, and we want to see some rotation to the alts, which has already started.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We see total three has broken out individual all coins are starting to move, but I think there's still more to go here. Definitely. I think XRP is setting up to run as well. So we really got to be patient and see how this all plays out in the coming week and weeks.
Speaker 2: Anyway, guys, that's the news.
Speaker 1: Let me know what you think. Leave your thoughts and comments below. Hit the thumbs up button subscribe if you haven't as yet. Be sure to support the podcast by subscribing to my free email newsletter on substack. It's one hundred percent free. Be sure to grab a copy of my book on Amazon. It's available in paperback in digital. And check out my course at Mycrypto course dot com. This is a comprehensive course that teaches you everything you need to know about crypto and right now we have a huge sale.
Speaker 2: We got a bear market sale.
Speaker 1: Use the code bear b e a R at checkout to get fifty percent off the price of the course. And this course is comprehensive. It's packed with tons of insights. It features expert commentary, which no other crypto course offers. So check it out. Go to Mycrypto course dot com. All the links will be in the description. Folks, thank you so much for tuning in. I appreciate you all, and I'll talk to you all later