Speaker 1: See I can do. I can do Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Welcome to CEEO pre show for episode Does that say four fifty five?
Speaker 1: I think it says four thirty five, four four thirty That last week?
Speaker 2: That was last week?
Speaker 1: We were so sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brought to you by the wonderful patrons over at CEO podcast. Wait what is it patreon dot com slash CCO podcast nailed it, whether they like it or not.
Speaker 1: Now that's what I was supposed to say. I missed my spot there too. We're get distracted. We got a bunch of people hanging out in the studio and it's like, man, we just got to get this pre show going because there's so much talking about.
Speaker 2: There's so much going on, and we got lots of lots of business to get to. Lots of our very good friends are here, which is very distracting because I want to talk to them and tell them about all the things that they know nothing about.
Speaker 1: That dude knows magic.
Speaker 2: By the way, why does it call himself ugly kid Joel when he's so hang.
Speaker 1: Because he's a dungeon master and he can call himself whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: Wait, is that real?
Speaker 1: No, but he could be a dungeon master quasi, Yeah.
Speaker 2: We wait, hands to jet Is this a sex thing? Because if this is a sex thing, we should say the regular.
Speaker 1: Fantasy D and D. Sorry all right, all right? That yes, not to be confused with the dungeon that you got set up in the basement what or sorry, the one that we always talk about here that the show used to come from. Where are we at right now?
Speaker 2: We look behind his hands, it's probably in front of that dumpster fire like that. The fire will burn eternal in our hearts and in this alley that we are sitting in. It's like right now.
Speaker 1: Like the tire fire in Shelbyville is exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just never stops. It's just it's just burning. And that's just hard. Is that way we're not in the basement here anymore? Is because you said have some kind of weird sex dungeon for Joel.
Speaker 1: He's my dungeon master man.
Speaker 2: This is a magical place where all anythink dreams come true. Holy hell, Okay, we got some business. Ryan made sure that we got to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and first and foremost, thank you again to Ryan for allowing me to fill for him. I know this is his baby and it's very very important and crucial that we perform very well. So thank you for believing in this. We won't let you.
Speaker 2: Downe Rebecca just came in together and drug him out of here by his bad foot to make sure that she he actually laughed. I felt like, no, I'm I thought it was kind of funny. Actually he laughed. We're still laughing on the inside.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Rebecca for so much, just for putting up with it, forgetting him out of hill after an absolute legend. So thank you for being so cool.
Speaker 2: Left me a whole card full of notes. But these are important. So last week we had a couple of giveaways for people commenting telling this the first commander they ever built, and just interaction with the show. We always really appreciate that. We're gonna have another interaction point for you in a minute. But last week our YouTube comment winner is DJ underscore Kitty underscore scribbles. I hate that YouTube makes us use those like those names instead of the one that you gave yourself, because now I don't know who anybody is. So if DJ Kitty scribbles, dig scrib kit scrib DJ kitscrib in the house, wicked wicked, Well, we talked all about gangster rap we did on those your show on Friday.
Speaker 1: You just discovered nw A.
Speaker 2: I did, I really I listened to n w A for the very They used lots of bad words, but like it's good, it's fun. I kind of like it. I see why it changed the whole industry. Yeah, DJ Katy scribbles you have. You have one yourself, your choice of a Ceco sticker pack, CCO token pack, or a boring ass pack of magic gathering carts. So just get us at Commander Cookode at gmail dot com. Let us know what you want. You gotta have your real name, your full address with postal zip code, and let us know what you want. What you want and we'll get it sent off to you as soon as we. Meaning, Ryan have a healthy leg and can go do those things. Yes, and honor system for everybody else or you'll screwed up for everybody.
Speaker 1: We have a bonus.
Speaker 2: Winner as well, because for the next little while, just if you're a patron of the show is help and support. We want to thank you, so randomly you're going to pick a patron each week. Nice to get a the same prize pack that we just talked about. This one is Derek Vaughan. I don't. I don't have a nickname.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you have to come up with one for that, man, No, you do. I can't. I'm not the new one.
Speaker 2: You're just you are. Of the two of us, you are the new one. If Ryan was here, you'd still be the new.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see. Okay, well, let's let's think about this. Derek Vaughn there, and then he'll go okay.
Speaker 2: I got it. Okay, okay, Yeah, you're doing well, doing well.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the latest Patreon subscribe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big, thank you and f you too.
Speaker 1: Devon White. It's a baseball guy. I guarantee you Ryan will love that one center fielder for the tront Blue Days, one of the greatest of all time. I know it's not funny or vulgar or crasp, but Don Wright was awesome.
Speaker 2: That's what we're gonna call him. That's how it's done here, That's how we do it, and that's how we do it.
Speaker 1: That's got a nice little final fantasy undertone too.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh man, man, you're good at this. So video games, see, we do love those because Gary doesn't play a lot of magic gathering yet yet he does not play a lot of magic gathering yet, so I thought we would be an interesting topic for tomorrow's show. Is we are gonna try and figure out what kind of magic Gary would play if Gary played magic. But the only way I can explain that to him is by similaring them to video games that I know that you like. So we're gonna combine our two loves and we're gonna see We're gonna talk about like how magic decks work mechanically, which ones are more interesting, what you're in for when you're gonna try and play them. We're gonna condense that whole conversation down. Hopefully the veterans are gonna have something to be entertained with and have something to show their newbie friends, and the newbie friends that they eventually show them to will get excited to play the game, as I assume you will as well, because I've been practicing this all day and I'm sure that it's going to be fine.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited just to finally finally talk about a deck and me in the same sentence.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: It's so hard just to get to that point with this game.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of learning and a lot of stuff to go on. Another couple of things we got to touch on before the pre shows over it. Lil Brookman, how how long are we doing on the clock to have time for a quick story? He says, yes, okay, nice. So I promised I was gonna tell this story last week. Yes you did so last excited last week we talked about secret Layers. Yes, secret layers, very limited run format, all the stuff. So I went out to buy one of them a couple of weeks ago when they went on sale, right, I didn't set an alarm, but like I was looking at my clock, I made sure I got in.
Speaker 1: So when you say said out, are we talking to lgs or are we talking online?
Speaker 2: Only available online?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: So I'm online. It goes onto the website. I know that things are going to sell out real fast. Because I want the one that everybody wants. We got to make sure I get it. So it goes on. I scroll down, add it to my cart, go through the thing. Wait on the online lineup because you wait in line online. Now, buying online doesn't even save you from waiting in line anymore.
Speaker 1: What's the point, I know, what are you even doing?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: So blah blah blah blah blah. Check out, everything happens, everything works. They say, congratulations, you are now the proud owner of the single secret layer that you wanted Brando, congratulations, will ship it off to your right away. Oh I'm so excited. Oh man, I got this thing I wanted. And then the PayPal notification comes in saying, hey, you have paid three hundred and eighteen dollars to Wizards of the Coast. Oh boy, And I looks at my phone and I goes, pardon what, Because I know shipping to Canada is ridiculous. We joke about it lots, and it is insane, but like, it's not that bad. Right from forty dollars to three hundred and seventeen dollars, that's many dollars, big jump, many dollars. So I goes in. I'm like, what the fuck did I order? So I goes down and longtime Cecio National eds are going to know this because this has happened to me a non zero number of times. Where in my haste to add the one secret where I wanted to my cart and then purchase it, I added all five to my cart and purchased them and as we all know that we.
Speaker 1: Went through fully purchased.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are no refunds on Secret Layers. So I have all five Secret Layers on the way to my house and it's awful and god damn it, like I can't be trusted with anything.
Speaker 1: Are you sort of happy though? Like the like.
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't really want them, Like I don't the one. I wanted the one, and I'm sure I thought.
Speaker 1: You were just getting screwed out of the money. At least you got something for them.
Speaker 2: I did get something for the money, but man, it just like.
Speaker 1: How that bad of secret Layers?
Speaker 2: Yes for me because it don't want them. If you don't want something, then.
Speaker 1: You definitely don't want to put money into.
Speaker 2: Yeah what are you doing? So? I mean, I don't know. Maybe I'll trade them, maybe I'll give them away. I don't know what I'm gonna do with them, but I got them, and I feel like an eating How can it be so difficult to shop online? Everything's so big and like there's a color and you know what it is. Man, I just got you have so many chances to reread what you've ordered.
Speaker 1: You said it perfectly. Online isn't online anymore? Online is just reality. We went from having no lineups online to having lineups online. We went from having no commercials online to all the commercials online. Everything our reality is now online and it's just as poopy. So we gotta fix that. We gotta kick in the butt some Oh man, I can say, ass, I'm kicking the ass. I forgot where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Either, we're on do whatever we want out here, you know, yeah, you will appreciate this. Actually, do you know what? The date that Skynett becomes self aware and takes over is August nineteenth.
Speaker 1: We made it through Baby hold On. We did defeat Skye.
Speaker 2: Yes, we beat them, did man Like, I don't know?
Speaker 1: That makes me so happy?
Speaker 2: Was it number three where we find out that oh no, oops, sor I only beat it a little bit? In number two? We're ret conning the happy ending of number two and the supreme sacrifice, the final sportsenegger.
Speaker 1: And get used to because we're gonna keep doing that over and over and over and over. Nothing matters. Everything sucks. That's what's kine to Yorinator movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is terror. Those were good movies. Man, you learned a thing like the whole no.
Speaker 1: Fate dude, he's talking about all the time. That's the first time I cried watching a movie when he dies the thumb going down.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude, that wasn't for me. It was when Optimist Prime died. For me, I couldn't. Yeah, I was seeing my dad get killed on TV. Like, that's not how it is. I wasn't there for that, dude, that's not my thing.
Speaker 1: Minimus Prime over Oh, I like that.
Speaker 2: That was really good. Optimis Is you're Pappy, then I would I would be Minimist.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was afraid You're gonna call me rohdomous and I'd have to just be sad, just beast and eat that beer can over there. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you better get us out of here.
Speaker 2: Before we get out of here quickly. We should have people interact with the show. So this time I'm thinking on the show, I'm gonna tell you a story. I'm gonna tell Gary a story to lead us into what we're gonna talk about. I have built the deck I always wanted, and it does exactly what I wanted to do. Love that, but it's I'm questioning is it what I actually wanted?
Speaker 1: Oh? And so you went through all the work, you got to the finish line. Yeah, and it's now your second guess.
Speaker 2: Not only does it do everything I wanted to do, it does it really really really well?
Speaker 1: Is this a case of doing it too well?
Speaker 2: I think so. But if I tune it back, it's not doing what I want it to do anymore. And what I wanted to do isn't win Immediately. I want it to do the thing that the deck does, but it turns out that the thing that the deck does is just really really really good. So my question to everybody that's in the nation is have you ever done that? Have you ever thought like, Man, I'm so excited for this, and you just build it to do the thing and you're not building it to win, You're not building it to to crush all your friends. You're just this is the deck I've always wanted. Let's build it. And then it's like, ah shit, like I nobody wants to play against this, this is this isn't good.
Speaker 1: I've gone too far.
Speaker 2: I've gone too far in the in this direction. And like, what do you do in that case? Like do you just keep it and never play it?
Speaker 1: Do you? You know?
Speaker 2: So, if you've ever been in my position, What deck was it with and what did you do? I'm I'm honestly curious because I need I'm not taking this deck apart, Garry, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: You put too much work in. I've wanted it for too much.
Speaker 2: And if anybody's curious, you can also guess what commander it is too. There's all sorts of ways to get entered in, to win and just be a part of the nation, and we really appreciate all of you. And I guess are we going to be back tomorrow on what's the episode of brands?
Speaker 1: Four? Five? Five four or five five?
Speaker 2: Written on my little card here very clearly and underlined that's very important. Hell yeah, so we don't balls it up this time.
Speaker 1: So I guess we really should?
Speaker 2: Should we hit our themes on Burber bibermhm