Speaker 1: Always look to the sky.
Speaker 2: The Doctor Sky Experience is on the air seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 1: Now Here's Doctor Sky.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the weekend, and thank you for spending time here on this powerhouse blowtorch signal Talk Radio, seventy seven WABC, Proud to be broadcasting from the center of the universe, New York City to the nation in the world. Welcome once again to a unique show called The Doctor Sky Experience. A show about the many mysteries from the realms of astronomy, space, aviation, weather, celebrity guests and stories of American exceptionalism mixed in. And we like to call it a sort of a theater of the mind, the show where you can simply learn something new each week as we employ the techniques of critical thinking with dialogue. Reach out to us. The contact number is always proud to have you to come into our theater one eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two or simply one eight hundred eight four eight w ABC and proud to promote Why not download the WABC app because once you're in the Theater of the Mind, imagine all the other rooms that you can explore in this vast broadcasting empire. So much for you on the WABC app as always, the contact number once again one eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two, And I want to thank our helmsman navigating this signal when you call in, so that you're heard loud and clear across the nation and around the world. We thank Bill and tonight Ian for doing those particular duties that make this show and all these other shows so important. Ladies and gentlemen, Tonight's adventure as we talk and continue about the Dog Days of Summer, just in case you missed it last week, the Dog days of Summer officially are from that period of time right around July the third to August, the low named in honor of the brightest star in the heavens other than the Sun, the star Sirius, the Magic of the Dog Star, a star that was so important to the ancient Egyptians, not only in the alignment of the pyramids, the great engineering marvel that may have had some outside help we don't know, but during the beginning of their period, the agricultural cycle and the planting season, the star Sirius would rise around this particular time of year. They called it the helical rising of Sirius. In simple terms, it rose before the sun and it was a marker. But we know the dog days of summer right here in Phoenix. The high temperature today where I am broadcasting from one hundred and seventeen degrees fahrenheit. How about this with a low to night of ninety seven degrees, humidity from eighteen percent, and a due point of fifty eight and that is fifty eight degrees muggy. But what about your weather? What are the concerns that you may have not only about weather, but about the climate. And in tonight's adventure we continue with that. One of our most popular guests, Tom Harris, executive director of the International Climate Science Coalition, and in simple but reform. The International Climate Science Coalition is a nonpartisan group of independent scientists, economists, and energy and policy experts formed back in two thousand and eight to promote better understanding of climate science and policy worldwide. The ICSSE aims to create an environment in which a more rational, open discussion about climate issues emerges, thereby moving the debate away from implementation of costly and ineffectual climate control measures. The ICSSE encourages assisting vulnerable peoples to adapt to climate variability in continuing scientific research into the causes and impacts of climate change. Mister Harris lives and works in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, where his temperature is a balmy sixty five degrees and clear. He has some thirty years experience as a mechanical engineer, project manager, science and technology communications professional and the technical trainer. He was the science and technology advisor to former opposition senior environment critic in Canada's Parliament from two thousand and six to two thousand and eight, and he was the executives vector and the executive director excuse me of the National Resources Stewardship Project in Canada. And with that, Tom Harris, welcome back to our journey and discussing climate and in tonight's edition an episode, we'll get into a whole bunch of other topics because it'll be open forum later where people can ask their questions about many of the subjects that we'll bring together, from avigation, from space, et cetera. Welcome to the show, Thanks for being up here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's great. One hundred and seventeen today in Nevada in Las Vegas. Eh, wow, it's the record.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Phoenix, Oh, in Arizona. Okay, yeah, you can tell I'm Canadian. I don't even know it's today, that's okay. But yeah, if I look at Arizona, the maximum temperature was one hundred and twenty eight one hundred and twenty eight, yeah, thirty two years ago in nineteen ninety four. So it's nothing happening now. That's unusual. Unfortunately, one seventeen is not too abnormal for you.
Speaker 5: Is it.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. And it's really upsetting because not only our electric bill is going to be off the charts. Can you imagine when you plug in your electric vehicle? And who knows, we have one of the largest power plants just to the west of US, a Poaloverti nuclear power plant, which of course is now pulling in energy and transferring it to all other needy individuals and other cities. But the whole story we begin with you, Tom, and it's so amazing to have you on these subjects because there's so much to talk about, and throughout this program I want to also mention first I should say, first as a host your website ICSC dash Canada dot com, because so many times when people call in, we want to refer them because of the limited time that we have. But you're a writer for so many different periodicals in the digital form. Talk about a few of those, because I think it's America Outline, which I think is where you highlight so many of your articles. Tell people about that, And let's dig into some of these climate issues that are perplexing to people. And I throw this question out to the audience, do you really feel that ism, gentlemen, that we've been hoodwinked on so many other things. Naturally, many people may just say, well, of course, we want to keep it open and fair because maybe there are people out there that totally disagree with the content. I would imagine wondering why, because you seem to present and always do a great job in presenting evidence. Because one of the main things I learned from listening to you is that we should listen to those that disagree with us. Please continue. I think you said something that's worth a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, And that was how I converted from climate alarmism to climate realism. I actually listen to a scientist, local scientist here in Ottawa who doesn't want me to identify them, because of course, it's dangerous for people to speak out against the climate scare if you're still in academia, and that's why, of course, the main scientists who do speak out are people who are retired. You know, americaoutlud dot news is where most of my articles are published. We also have a radio show there called The Other Side of the Story, and in the past couple of weeks we've had some young people on. Actually I was on vacation in Spain, and so my daughter, who's the master's of physics, she's pretty knowledgeable about climate as well. She interviewed Lennel Lukin from the Heartland Institute, who's a young engineer actually who works for Heartland, and Chris March who works for the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow. He's their meteorologist. I think he's only about twenty five. So it's very encouraging to see young people actually speaking out against the climate scare and in favor of a real environmental protection. Both of them spoke actually at Heartland's International Climate Change Conference sixteen in Washington back in April. And you know, these are really outstanding people. I mean, I'm seventy three. I'm not going to be around forever, so I love it that these young people are picking up the torch.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about something else here. I want people to understand that we're being objective here in your opinion, and I'm a good listener on this at least I hope so. But give us from the climate realism side some of the issues that people should be concerned about that you agree because you're not denying things. You're talking in the terms of realism. So just before we get this interview rolling here the engine and the steep climb as we go up a hill and then we cascade over to the other side, give us some realism of problems that really do exist out there. So people don't think in your presentation we're going to be biased against anything that has to do with the term climate. Please continue on that. I think it's only fair to let that out of that out of the back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: And you know we're not climate change deniers. If anything, I'm a denial denier. I deny that I deny climate change. So you know, I mean, if it weren't for if it weren't for climate change, i'd be sitting under two kilometers of ice because during the last during the last glacial period, where I am in Canada and northern United States had in this case two kome is of ice right above us. So thank goodness, we have climate change. And in fact, we're in a very nice period right now called an interglacial It only lasts for typically five to ten thousand years, and we'll be coming out of that and then enter into a ninety thousand year glacial period, during which time we won't be able to live in Canada. So yeah, climate always changes, and there's no question that we have to help prepare for that. And a good example is the Super al Nino that they're forecasting is now building in the Pacific Ocean. They're saying that they'll be Yeah, they're saying that there's going to be record breaking global temperatures, marine heat waves, more and more ice melt. So the bottom line is that, yeah, climate changes, and you have to get ready for it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: The interesting thing is I was just in Europe and they only have about twenty percent of homes with air conditioning. You know, you have seniors homes, hospitals don't have air conditioning. It's ridiculous. In the United States, it's ninety percent of homes. So you have to get ready for climate change, because it always will change. At times it will get colder, but in the near future it's going to get pretty darn hot because of this eel nemil. So we really have to adapt to it and then prepare for it.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: In Phoenix. Not to be funny, we carry in what one hundred and twenty percent of that We make sure we even carry one on our back, at least we wish we could. But again, we choose to live in this environment. But let's talk across this foreig and wide radio broadcast network here not only the United States, but around the nation and the world. It's so interesting and some of your articles that you write on it, I'd like to highlight a couple that people can go to in greater detail, climate and armism and the mental health of young people. You write an article here on this particular website that we've been talking about here America Loud. This comes to you and to the audience back in watch July the twenty second, so it's fresh. Give us the synopsis. It sounds interesting as to what you dig into here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Well, they've done various polls, especially in Canada because Canada is still rapid up in the climate scare. Happily, the United States is backing off of it, which is really quite wonderful, and there's some very good developments we can talk about later on that. But in Canada they find that a very high fraction of young people are depressed to the point of clinical problems, where it actually interferes with their ability to live life because they're so worried about climate change. One of the impacts, of course, is that less and less young people are having children themselves. And one of the reasons. One of my sisters, for example, she told me, until she finally realized there was no climate emergency, that she wasn't going to have children because, in fact, you know, we had to save the earth from climate change, you know. Vogue magazine, and we see this across a lot of left wing magazines. Vogue magazine said the greatest act of environmental terrorism is having a child.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So this is really a very serious thing, and in a way it's a form of child abuse because they come through high school and they only hear one side of the story. My daughter, the physics major, she's actually thirty three now, but she saw al Gore's film. I think she said five times over her high school career, you know, so they don't expose it to the other side. And one of the main points we made in this article that you referenced is that there's plenty of information out there. There's one thing called the Climate Change Reconsidered Series of reports, and people can check it out at climate Change Reconsidered dot org. And they've been putting out reports which bring together thousands of references and hundreds of scientists from all over the world that show that there is no climate emergency. And I have to give real credit to the Climate Change Reconsidered Series because as early as night as twenty eighteen, which is when one of their volumes came out, it was the one on fossil fuels, They said that the forecast that was being used to scare everybody and to generate all these massive headlines, which was a scenario of massive increase in coal use and therefore huge temperature rises. It's called RCP eight point five. They said, point blank, this is ridiculous. This would require more than burning all the fossil fuels on the whole planet. You still wouldn't get our You still wouldn't get our CP eight point five. So They pointed out as far ago as eight years ago that this was nonsense, and finally, finally the UN has backed off and said, yeah, it's a ridiculous forecast because it would require increasing coal use by something like five times, and that simply hasn't happened. I mean, we've had a massive conversion to natural gas, for example. So you know, this is something people have got to look up Climate Change Reconsidered dot org and what you'll find is that this is what the media has been ignoring forever. It's it's just as significant as the IPCC. It's put out by the NIPCC, which I was laughing. You know, it's not not an IPCC, it's the Governmental International Panel on Climate Change. So that's what young people should be exposed to. They should be given the whole story and then make up their own mind.
Speaker 3: Our Theater of the Mind continues on the Doctor Sky Experience. Always great guests, as you tell us my email Dr Sky Doctor Sky at WADC Radio dot com, And ladies and gentlemen, if you have questions for our special guest, who is he? For the two hours of this particular as we call it, Tonight's Adventure, Tom Harris the executive director of the International Climate Science Coalition. All I ask is when you give us a call at one eight hundred and eight four eight nine two two two, that we at least try to stay on measure for at least these particular segments, because we will wander right tom into so many other subjects that you have some expertise in and we'd like to share with the audience kind of an open forum as we move forward. In the radio show, Climate Alarmism and the Mental Health of young people, you've explained that to us. I think that's pretty interesting. Another article just to give us a quick summation, and I'm going to read the headline Beyond the Bear, America's oil industry and the road ahead, relating that to what you talk about. What's the details?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, that's interesting. That was an interview with Linnea Lucan, and she was previously a petroleum engineer. I guess she still is, well if she's working for Heartland. And it turns out the United States, because of fracking, they have come across, of course vast quantity of oil and natural gas, and the United States now is a net exporter of natural gas, or I should say petroleum in general, and this is because of fracking. Fracking has been a wonderful find. You know, back in Jimmy Carter's day when you were importing a lot of oil from the Middle East, you know, he put on his sweater and he said, we all have to conserve energy. But things have massively changed. A lot of people will say, well, fracking is dangerous, it's going to destroy the water table. You got to realize the water table only goes from about surface level, because you know, you have swamps and things down only a few hundred feet, whereas they're drilling for fracking, you know, a mile down, I mean the way down below. And so this is a very safe technology. They have minor you know, so small you can't feel them at the surface. There's minor tremors of course, because they're breaking up the rock to get the oil out of it. But yeah, the fracking is a huge boon for the United States. The Marcella's shale, for example, in the northeastern United States. Yeah, that is that has really made the United States, well, we don't really care how much oil do we get from Iran?
Speaker 3: Almost for Tom Tom in legacy media though, so if you would agree with this statement. I've done the research too, but you have much more of a focus like a laser on this. Many in the legacy media do blame the whole concept of many earthquakes somewhat severe on the continuance of fracking. How would you respond, I mean, you just gave us the point that it's not really dangerous to the environment, and thus what not really setting off anything but minor quakes is not an effective correct statement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. You can measure them with instruments, but you can't feel them. They're very, very small, and of course they're down a mile deep into the earth. They you know, they have to be sensible in where they're going to frack. You're not going to frack right on a fault line, for example. But generally speaking it is extremely safe. You know, they haven't really had any major accidents. And of course, you know, the silly thing is you look at wind and solar power for example. You know, with the big storms that recently hit I believe it was California, it destroyed many many acres of wind farms. But you just don't have that with fracking. You don't have that with petroleum in general. So and you know, one of the things I find really incredible. They call it green energy. And if you watch Michael Moore's film Planet of the Humans, you can see that wind and solar power when you actually look at how they're made, you know, with the cobalt from the children and the congo and all the different minerals and things that are needed, and the huge areas that have to be used, you know, one hundred times more than a nuclear station, for example. You find that wind and solar are the least friendly energy sources on the planet. So the green energy label is just nineteen eighty four newspeak.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a hell of a controversy over the whole windmill thing. I mean, that's for subjects that we could go into and spend many hours on. But are you seeing, I mean from your research out there, there are lots lots of people are just abandoning the wind concept. I mean, the ROI from that apparently is not what anybody thought correct because if you don't get a steady wind, you just put up a lot of expensive stuff and you're not getting your ROI. How do you dig into that deeper? What's the latest on that?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's interesting a few years ago Robert F. Kennedy, of course, who was a junior, who was a very strong climate alarmist. He's not talking about it now, he's following Trump's directions, but he said, look, when you build a wind farm, you're building natural gas stations because the wind only has a capacity factor. It only operates about thirty percent of the time, so seventy percent of the time the wind's either too weak or it's too strong. So I mean it's a fairly narrow window that you can operate wind turbines in. So I have something that only gives you power thirty percent of the time on average. You need to have a reliable backup so you don't get away from fossil fuels anyways, because you need something that can ramp up and down quickly to compensate for the wind change, and that would be natural gas. Now, the problem, doctor S guy is that if you run a natural gas station at a continuous rate, you get high efficiency, low pollution. But that's not how these are being run. These have to go up and down and up and down, as if you're driving a car down the street at two miles an hour, sixty miles an hour ten miles an hour, you know you're gonna have terrible Yeah, you have terrible gas mileage. So the bottom line is you don't get away from fossil fuels, you just simply use the plants very inefficiently.
Speaker 3: Well, let's do this. I'm going to be reading this, and again, I don't want the audience to think that I'm just a genius. That may be purported, but that's certainly not the case. The concept of weather and climate. Let me just read this, and I want to get your definition further. Weather the state of the atmosphere at a place in time with regard to heat, drying it, pressure, sunshine, wind speed, rain, et cetera. And moving on to climate, the average weather in a given area over a longer period of time. And let's say in this what I'm reading over a period of thirty years, and there's five types of climate that people need to know about in your of course, extrapolation, tropical, temperate, arid, continental, and polar. What would you add to those that from your side studying it with the International Climate Science Coalition, Is that a fair and accurate reporting of what those are?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's actually very good, And you know that's why a single heat wave or even five years of heat waves doesn't prove climate change. You'd have to have that over decades because climate, of course, as you say, is a thirty year average. And the idea that we can control climate, I mean, this is a very far fetched thing. There's one case where we can, and that is, of course, the urban heat island. When you cut down a forest and you build a city, you'd definitely affect climate in the local area, and it can change temperature by five degrees in comparison with the countryside. Atlanta is a great example of that. They can see it from space. But you know, climate is driven by many, many factors other than humans, and this is why they generally don't interview geologists, because geologists can look through the long history of the Earth and they can see there were times when CO two was not fifty percent higher, you know than today, because you know the fifty percent rise since about eighteen eighty and people get all excited about that, But there's one thousand percent higher CO two levels millions of years in the past. And there was one particular instance which I always this is what turned me around quite frankly, when I when I saw this with the geologist who was my original mentor four hundred and forty million years ago, there was a period that some believe was the coldest in Earth's history, when in fact even the oceans were perhaps covered with ice. They call it the ice ball earth theory. And at that time when it was very cold, CO two was more than a one thousand percent of today, it was very high.
Speaker 3: So Geo, I think you're referring right, You're referring to the odivation period where again four hundred and forty five million years ago, or they say rapid global cooling incredible in that period.
Speaker 4: That's right, and that's where we don't see any correlation between CO two and temperature over the hundreds of millions of year type timeframe, because we can go back about a half a billion years by analyzing seashells, you know, they grind them up and they look at the ratio of oxygen isotopes and they can see what kind of temperatures there are, and they have other methods to use proxies to measure CO two. The thing is, if you look at that half billion year period, you find that there's no correlation between CO two and temperature. It just simply isn't there. If you look at the last few hundred thousand years, you find that, okay, temperature follows sorry, CO two follows temperature. So what happens is the earth, the earth worms typically because the Sun is more active, and then the oceans give off more CO two. So centuries later, after the Earth has already warmed, then you see a CEO two rise when it comes to the last few hundred thousand years. So the whole climate sort of mantra that we're being driven to a climate catastrophe by CO two, which is the main gas they're concerned about. The geologists just laugh, they say, oh, come on, that's ridiculous, and that's why they never interview them in the media.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and you know it's equally important. I just want to remind people seats are still available and what we like to call the theater of the mind. We see your calls like Tom and Boston, Greg and Michigan and for all the others that would like to come into this theater of the mind. What do we call it that, because obviously you're not looking at a video screen, you're looking at what they call imagination, and yet imagination with facts brings us to the Doctor's Guy Experience one four eight nine two two two. So many things to speak about, and with our special guest as always, Tom Harris, Executive directly the International Climate Science Coalition. Check his website out I csc dash at Canada dot com. So there's so much to get into, and hopefully even an hour two if you don't mind, Tom, I'd like to get into some of the other subjects that I think are fascinating for people, such as the launch today, I'm shifting gears on you. Starship number thirteen successfully launches from Bokachika, Florida. It does something interesting. We'll save that for later. And also talking about solar activity that's going very strong, and also a little bit of a conversation with you and myself and the audience. Most important about the legacy of Apollo eleven, some of your stories, some of my stories, but what's more important, it's the stories of everybody out there who come to the Doctor Sky Experience one eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. And like I mentioned before, why not go ahead and sign up and download that's the modern technology word. Download the WABC app where you can find so many different rooms to go into that you'll find not only about this particular radio show as we are live, but you learn about so many of the other great hosts that adorn this radio station. A station, folks, that is well over one hundred and four years of age, heard in one hundred and seventy three countries, all fifty states, and I'm sure even out to the cosmos. We'll be right back as we excite you during the dog days of summer, as we continue to move through time and space. I am Steve Kates, Doctor Sky will be right back.
Speaker 2: This is the Doctor Sky experience. Always look to the sky. Seventy seven WABC. Now here's Doctor Sky.
Speaker 10: Listen closely to the cosmic wind. Every atom in our bodies was once part of a dying star. We are not just looking at the universe. We are the universe looking back at itself, made of stardust, destined to.
Speaker 3: Return the energy of DOUG Radio seventy seven WABC, moving through time and space. Our special guest, Tom Harris, the executive director of the International Client Science Coalition. He's with us for the entirety of the two hours. Let's go to the callers. They've been very patient online too, we welcome Tom into the theater. He's in Boston. Good morning, thanks for being a post.
Speaker 8: Thank you you and Tom listen. I've always been a skiptive of this. I believe it's a money making deal for people like Algoa. But what bothers me the most doctor s guy, if you could speak about this, I understand because of air conditioning. No air conditioning in Europe, I mean the lack of tens of thousands of elderly elderly citizens in Europe are dying.
Speaker 11: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know, but I'm going to go to Tom on that because that's his area of expertise. But stay with us Tom, let him respond on this. Yeah, this is good.
Speaker 4: And they've gone through various phases where thousands of seniors have died because of heat waves. Because of course, what happens in France, for example, is that in Paris, the young people and middle aged people they go, they leave the city it's too hot. So you end up with a lot of seniors without their family around to help them. And if they're living in non air conditioning environments, then indeed, you know it's a very serious risk. In some parts of Europe, they don't even have air conditioning in hospitals, if you can believe that. Twenty yeah, twenty percent of homes in Europe have air conditioning. In fact, it's interesting. I got there and I stayed in an Airbnb and they didn't have air conditioning, and it was thirty one degrees in my bedroom, which, of course we're a Canadian, is pretty hot. And yeah, that's right, being jet lagged, I guess that's one hundred or something being jet lagged. I lay in bed with an ice pack on my head until I eventually caught up with my sleep. Then I kind of got used to it. But you know, it's really a problem. I mean, air conditioning is a critical thing, especially in hospitals. And I don't have the exact statistics, but if you look at the number of people that died over the last few years because of heat in the elderly community, you're talking about thousands of people. And of course the opposite is true. The opposite is true as well. Tom In the United Kingdom, they have an axiom they say, or a slogan they say for seniors in the winter, it's eat or heat because electricity electricity prices have gone through the roof because they're trying to stop climate change. So you have Yeah, so you have so many thousands of seniors in homes in the United Kingdom who are literally either starving themselves are freezing to death. So the climate scare has serious consequences. But it's not climate, it's the fact that we're not prepared for it.
Speaker 3: From Tom to Tom, we go back to Tom in Boston. You have another comment because I hope he answered your question. I think it's amazing what we all heard.
Speaker 11: Absolutely ja doctor Shah. Yeah, thank you very much. I appreciate I appreciate you very much.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, sir for your kindness, and I hope you'll join us again as we continue to talk about these experiences and what's the goaltime. I like to say this over and over we learn, hopefully something new. And I say that with absolute respect to our guests and the callers on every particular show that we try to push out in this vast audience that's out there from talk radio seventy seven WABC. Let's continue with the callers Line one. We go to Greg in the state of Michigan. You're on with Tom Harris. Good evening to you.
Speaker 5: Are you doing sir doctor Sky, mister Harris, mister positive boom shack alackah. I got to ask you when we talk about weather. I read philosophical books and they say that when a butterfly flaps its wings, how does it affect the weather? And it does it do things that nuanced that little minutia create an effect that causes weather and climate change.
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, that's an interesting question. I mean, theoretically everything affects everything, you know, you go to the microscopic level. But you know, one of the things that they're starting to conclude is that the Earth's system is not a fragile system on the verge of you know, on a knife sedge verge about to fall over. Patrick let's see Patrick Michaels, who was Cato Institute and also with the University of Let's see Virginia. He said that the new paradigm is a robust Earth paradigm because if in fact small changes to temperature, for example, are big changes to CO two was enough to drive the Earth to catastrophe, it would have happened many times in the past. So very fortunately, most of the feedbacks in nature are negative. In other words, you get a certain effect, but then nature dampens that effect. Okay, so you don't see an acceleration where as you say a butterfly flapping is going to eventually change the climate. What you find is that nature is very smart. It has a negative feedback which dampens things long before you have a runaway. So the truth is we've got a robust, a very robust earth, and it's a darn good thing because otherwise we would have gone to hell in a handbasket when CO two was a thousand times one thousand percent of today's level. So yeah, it's a very robust environment for well.
Speaker 3: Greg and Michigan. Here's something interesting I'm wanted to add, as Tom explained it in great detail. A friend of mine who passed doctor Edgar Mischel of Apollo fourteen. We sat together and I didn't realize other than his one singular trip to the moon and his moonwalking with our first American in space, and he told me something interesting. He was part of a group called the Noetic Institute, and people should.
Speaker 7: Look this up.
Speaker 12: Ah, he said to me.
Speaker 3: And you probably know this, Tom, but just to hear and maybe Greg knows it. What you were saying, Greg about the flapping of a butterfly's wings having more causation to other things like storms, maybe typhoons, hurricanes. He said to me, look up something, Steve. He said to me that we've come up with called the quantum hologram. And I scratched my head and I said, boy, that's a lot of words to you know, to get out what is it? And he said that, in simplicity terms, Greg, everything in the universe that we have, and particularly here in the Earth, every single you know, thing that every little thing does, has some sort of like a long connected line. So if you could see it, it would be it's amazing how everything simply is interconnected. Isn't that amazing? Greg, It's amazing stuff.
Speaker 5: Very much. Love you, doctor Sky. Everybody go for your dreams.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I can I add something to that, Yeah, for sure. You know, it's interesting because so often people say, oh, you know, the Earth is this lonely little sphere in the middle of the vast universe. Well, in fact, the universe and the Earth are hugely connected. We're connected to the stars in many, many ways. For example, when a supernova goes off in a distant part of our galaxy and eventually the galactic cosmic rays get to Earth, they ionize air molecules to produce clouds, and the clouds cool the Earth. So Earth's climate, believe it or not, is partly controlled by supernovas hundreds of light years away. So we're actually part of a very dynamic and very much involved universe. It's very much evolving. And you know, I love that little intro you had to this section of the program. Yeah, there's a scientist I worked with. He's an anthropologist, and he's largely an anthropologist of the future. He looks at where is humankind going in space? Okay, what impact will I have on our consciousness? What impact will it have on the universe? And you know, he's also one of these people who say that humankind, our sentience, is the way in which the universe comes to know itself, because otherwise, if there's no other sentience, although that doesn't seem probable, then the universe is just a dead sort of existence. But as we move into space, he maintains. This is doctor Charles Laughlan, an anthropologist. He's currently living in Washington State. He's told me, he says, look, we're going to see a massive evolution of consciousness where people will change they'll come to respect their environment more because of course they'll come to appreciate how special the Earth is. And that was one of the main impacts on the Apollo astronauts, Edgar Mitchell in particular.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know, it's interesting. We have many as we or to their rejoiner. We've put together a number of these and you'll hear them throughout the various shows that we do. The voice is great, but the concept of what it's talking about is we're all stardust, and every molecule and every atom in our body is simply that, as you're explaining so hopefully right, maybe someday we'll learn to all get along. Maybe war, Yeah, craziness will be something of the past.
Speaker 5: Well, that's right.
Speaker 4: And there's something they call the founder effect. And this is so cool. I got to tell you. I know it's not climate but it's no go ahead.
Speaker 3: We're going to have an open forum on that. In many ways, this is not just yeah into one time.
Speaker 4: Well, the kind of people they choose to go into space are people who are very cooperative, they can work together well in a group, they're intelligent, they're healthy. This is a special group of people. So as they move into space. They'll be establishing colonies with the very best of humanity. Now, the interesting thing is that when their children grow up, they of course will be spacelings. They'll be used to living in space, and they'll be the ones that expand out further. But there's something interesting in evolution, and this is an interesting feature that anthropologists know about. It's called punctuated equilibrium. You know, if you keep everybody in one mixing pot, you don't see evolution happen very quickly, either in consciousness or biological But when you have a small group of in this case, very healthy, very cooperative, very intelligent people move into a new environment, they change quite quickly because they have to learn to adapt to the new environment. They learn new characteristics, learn new ways of thinking, and then they influence the people, the population from which they came. And you see that all through history, you know, biological and geological history, you see that this punctuated equilibrium has stability. You know, all of the particular species stay in a particular ecosystem and they don't evolve very quickly. But then some brave ones go off and learn new things and evolve quickly to adapt to a new environment. Then influenced the whole. So what Lachlin is saying is we're going to see a big advancement to human consciousness and generating all sorts of things that we need today, such as the ability to be cooperative instead of fighting each other. We're going to see this accentuated and evolution of consciousness as we move into the cosmo. So it's much it's much more than spinoffs. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Well, Tom, what you said is true and again not you know, not kissing up here. But to be reality wise, as you talked about before, it's important to listen to those that disagree with us and the late, you know, the late, the sad you know, death almost a year away, a year from now, are saying, time wise, of Charlie Kirk, what did he do? He sat and listened to people, tried to be you know, open minded and the critical thinking, even the worst of the worst. But the point is maybe that's a step toward humankind, maybe trying to reach some goals that we're talking about here, not only in the climate world, but as we explore other civilizations or other locations in the solar system. We of course want to be optimistic about it tomorrow night as we shift ears on the Doctor Sky Experience, we have some other interesting guests we're going to talk about in detail. I'll leave that to later in the program to tell you who it is. We're going to be talking about individuals that are in the privatized area of space and the building of different rockets, and they are on the right path because so many of these young entrepreneurs are doing amazing things that NASA couldn't achieve even though they did great things. We'll be speaking for two hours with an individual who's looking to put space mirrors up above the Earth beaming down the sunlight to certain regions on the Earth, and of course there's controversy in that too. But stay tuned tomorrow night on the Doctor Sky Experience as we move upward and outward talking about space, capitalism and the privatized side of the discussion. We'll be right back with your questions and comments. We see Melvin in Indianapolis, Martin and Upstate New York and Robert and Philadelphia and you as there's plenty of seats in sun the Theater of the Mind one eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. We will be right back.
Speaker 2: The Doctor Sky Experience is on the air seventy seven WABC. Now here's Doctor Sky.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 7: This is Mark Brano, author of The Great Reset, Global Elitia.
Speaker 6: And The Permanent Lockdown.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Doctor Sky Experience on WABC, New York.
Speaker 3: The fool do not think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. That a quote from Shakespeare's comedic play As You Like It. For many in the entire world to think they have all the answers, but they may not. It's also known as the Dunning Krueger effect. As we continue at forty eight minutes after the hour, Tom Harris joins us for the entire show. That is two hours. The executive director the International Climate Science Coalation. Thank you and welcome back.
Speaker 13: Tom.
Speaker 3: Let's continue with the callers. Line three. Melvin in Indianapolis. You're on the air.
Speaker 13: How are you, Doctor Sky. I want to talk about natural solar energy.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 13: When I was in third grade, I learned that the sunlight hits the leaf of a tree, and the sunlight gives nourishment to the leaf, so the leaf can make nourishment for the tree. So the sap that goes up and down. The tree is like the blood for the tree, and the solar energy that goes to the leaf goes into the sap. That energy makes the tree grow. I learned that in third grade. Forty years later. You get a chainsaw, you chop the tree down, and you make a little bonfire in the back of the house and you get a stick of some marshmallows and you cook some moas with the wood that's spurling. When you stay by the fire, you feel the heat of the fire. That heat of the fire is solar energy. Tree is a battery that stored the energy for forty years. When you like the match, you're now releasing the energy that was stored for forty years. Well said solar energy.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like a kinetic thing. But Tom, this is interesting what Melvin brings up. It's a whole process, and this process from solar energy in solar particles light continues. Describe that to Melvin, because I think he said it better than I could ever say it.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, he did, he said it very well. When sunlight hits the leaf, it triggers of sensitives, which is energy obserption. And it's interesting because what they have are green pigments in chloroplasts which catch the light energy and it stores it. I mean, you're totally right, and in fact, the same things with coal, and you know they're basically a battery from millions of years ago when the plants were growing that eventually turned into coal. So yeah, we actually have solar power when we burn our fireplace.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Melvin, appreciate the excellence. We need more like that, and I appreciate you. Hope you'll continue to be part of our theater of the mine. Thank you for joining us. Let's continue to go to line number two. We say good morning to Martin and upstate New York. You're on with Tom Harris. Good morning to you.
Speaker 6: Good morning, doctor Sky. I don't know how you move down there over one hundred degrees.
Speaker 3: You say, well, it was one hundred and six when we started the show, and that is we're a three hour time difference. We're on. I know, to figure this out. It's even crazy. Arizona doesn't go on daylight Saving time, so we're California time. So it was three hours. We were at one hundred and six and I haven't checked lately what it is, but you kind of get used to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 6: You don't do that daylight saving time, that's independence. Don't do it.
Speaker 12: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Well, there's going to be big changes coming. I think if the Senate approves the bill that passed the House, you're going to hear some amazing things come about that. A lot of people are against it because they don't want little children out there in the dark and other times of the year. But please continue to work early.
Speaker 6: In the morning. I worked early in the morning. I like to have a go back to stay in her time when I was working outside. And uh. And I would rather work in the cold than the than the heat of the summer. It's hot enough in New York.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I tell you.
Speaker 3: And tomorrow we're supposed to be at one eighteen. How about that, Martin oh Jee.
Speaker 6: Anyway, doctor doctor Harris or Tom Harris. Tom Harris, you even to know what you're he seems to know what he's talking about. And uh. In my opinion, my personal opinion is that man made climate change is sort of a gateway lot that the globalists used. If they could sell you on man made climate change, they could. If you would buy that lie, then you believe in uh. Men can be women you could believe in.
Speaker 3: Uh, or the next vaccine, right, the next vaccine that you better take, right right, Martin, that would be it. The next vaccine that you must take because we know better than you. But that's another subject.
Speaker 6: They know better than all of us. Oh yeah, they tell us what the like man Dammy in New York, in New York City. Thankfully, I don't live in New York City. I'm upstate, so but I hear all about him. Uh, he knows better than everybody else. It's incredible. I mean, I can't believe these people. I can't. You know what, when I was in school, there was a there was a sort of an artist depiction of the Cretatious period, the Jurassic period, with with the with the flora and the creatures that exist. So you've got a sense of the climate at the time, you know, and you've got a sense of climate change Shahn, climate changed over time, you know. And I bet you today they don't even teach that in school. They just tell you in school.
Speaker 3: Well when you got Martin, no, I hear you loud and clear. But why don't we jump in before Tom? Want to give Tom a fair chance at you know, responding here. But that's why I continue when we talk about our American exceptionalism concepts, because you know, I did military, and a lot of people did. I did some law enforcement, a lot of people did. But here not to be on a soapbox. I believe so strongly in the concept of truth justice in the American way, even though I go into the realms of science. But here's the thing. I say, I'm against anything, and I think Tom would agree. You've said it pretty clearly, Martin. Anything that takes away freedom and liberties from individuals, I'm one hundred percent against, and I would think you would agree. But Tom, let's jump into that. I think Martin makes some really good points there about what's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's right when he said it's a gateway drug climate change. I mean, obviously we cause a small amount of climate change. And you know it's interesting, William Haffer, He's put out papers that show that with a doubling of CO two, you know, you're not talking about a very large temperature change, perhaps a degree over a century. But you know, the interesting thing is that the consequences of the climate scare are that the government can control more and more of society. And one of the best examples is fifteen minute cities. You know, in Oxford, England, they just went nuts on this fifteen minute city. You get a fine if you go from one part of the city to another with a car unless you've had a certain you know, if you've gone more than your share of times. They want to restrict air flights, you know, they don't want anybody to fly, of course, except for the delegates to go to the massive climate conferences, which is a bit ironic.
Speaker 13: But the whole.
Speaker 4: Climate thing is is driving a reduction in our freedom. And I'll give you another example. For example, if you force and solar power on society, the only way that you can make it work is if you have massive government subsidy. So what it means is that government becomes in charge of your energy infrastructure. You know, if you have coal, for example, you don't need any government subsidy. It's a solid energy source. We have, you know, hundreds of years of coal ahead of us to use if we use proper pollution control. It's a very clean source as well. We don't need government control of coal. It is just a great source. Same thing with oil and natural gas and nuclear. It requires a lot more government support because the cost is huge, and of course it requires decades to build up proper nuclear infrastructure. But yeah, you're right. I mean it removes freedom. That's one of the main consequences of the climate scare in so many ways.
Speaker 3: Well, Martin, I appreciate you and thanks for being part of our show spot on on the subject matters, because again I believe deeper than what we're talking about here when we talk about science, which is our main topics. You know, the sky and they're the wonders of the universe, learning something new each week. I hope is that freedom and liberty don't take it away from me, and certainly not to have the people out there listening have that taken away. We could get into other side, you know. Tangential is the word conversations, But for now, I just want to mention something before we go to the top of the hour. If we don't get Robert and Philadelphia, Tony in New Jersey, Jim and the Catskills, and Frank and the Bronx on obviously during this short first hour, if they're kind enough to stay on the line, we'll do everything we can to get you on the air.
Speaker 1: So tom.
Speaker 3: One of the major things is this big CO two myth, and I think you were alluding to some sort of a video and tell us about that, because the lengthy part of that, people should watch the video to learn the truth over history about how CO two is not this toxic gas that's going to wipe out the earth, quite the opposite.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, exactly. Martin Dirkin who originally wrote he was the director of the film The Great Global Warming Swindle. I believe it was back in two thousand and nine, and boy that gesure raised a lot of hackles, but it was a really excellent film. Quite frankly, he's come out with this new one on CO two and there's on the Gorilla News network when he works with this particular group really soon he's an astrophysicist, he works with them as well. They've put out a really excellent video and people should go to I believe it's called Gorilla News. I'm not sure exactly, but the bottom line is this video is wonderful and he shows the statistics. He shows how you know, the temperature now is actually lower than it's been for most of our history, and CO two is also lower than it's being for most of our history and that the two do not go up and down together. And Martin Dirkin shows us extremely.
Speaker 3: Well interesting so much more with Tom Harris, executive director of the International Climate Science Coalition Coalition, excuse me talking with us, not at us, about so many of the things that are happening in the world of climate. He talks about climate realism. Just so as we end our number one, we want to make sure that we're not the he's not dissing the entire concept of what's happening with climate. He's trying to offer some honest solutions from people that have great knowledge about this. And again your calls and your questions about these subjects as many people are waiting to get in an hour number two one eight hundred eight four eight nine to two two and Tom, we always do about a minute here before we go to the break. We talk about the things in the heavens. So if you're out there and you have clear skies over the next few days, and particularly right now, the moon is next to a star in the constellation Scorpius called Ontaris. If you see this reddish object to the side of the Moon that stars some five hundred million miles away, light years away. Excuse me, and what we're seeing is the moon moving on to its full phase, the full thunder moon. We'll be back with our number two. How time flies through time and space on the Doctor Sky Experience.
Speaker 1: Always look to the sky.
Speaker 2: The Doctor Sky Experience is on the air seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 1: Now here's Doctor Sky.
Speaker 3: Thank you for inviting us into your homes as we spend part of your weekend with all of us here from the powerhouse blow towards Signal Talk Radio seventy seven w ABC, proud to say it often broadcasting from the center of the universe, New York City, to the nation and to the world and probably even out to the Cosmos. We call it a theater of the mind, where obviously we hope that you and I and everybody else will learn something new with our great guests about these realms and the great mysteries of the universe, from astronomy, space, aviation, weather, and celebrity guests and stories of American exceptionalism. The contact number to get into the theater of the Mind, as we like to call it one eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two and always proud to say it. Why not download the w ABC app because if you're in our theater of the mind, there are many other rooms that you can explore and listen to this particular show and all the other great hosts that permeate the airwaves here on WAPC. We want to thank our helmsman Bill and Ian and now we continue with our special guest and our number two, Tom Harris, the executive director of the International Climate Science Coalition. Welcome back to I'm always an experience with you that's very positive and just by a number of people calling in, let's continue online. Number four. He's been patient. Robert and Philadelphia, Good morning to you.
Speaker 14: How you doing so hy Doctor skuy is always is good to talk to you. Loving the show as always, and I really appreciate the great guests you get, Like mister Harris, I had a couple questions, well, a quick question and then a forward looking question. My quick question is what are CO two levels now and at what level do plants start to die? Number one, because I've always thought we needed more COO too myself. But the second question is you were mentioning the interglacial period that we're in, and I'm wondering if maybe human activity might alter a small dynamic or future technology might be employed to forestall or mitigate the next ice.
Speaker 4: Aid Wow, yeah, yeah, really good questions.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right now, we're just over four hundred and twenty parts per million. That's still a trace gas. That's very, very small. But if you get down to as low as one hundred and fifty, that's when plants start to die. We got very close to that during the last glacial period. It got down to about one hundred and eighty parts per million. So, you know, it's interesting because Patrick Moore, who was one of the founders of Greenpeace, he changed sides. He's now on our board of directors. Believe it or not. But doctor Moore, he has a PhD in ecology. He actually shows that CO two levels have been dropping gradually over millions of years, and if humans had not come along and started to liberate CO two with fossil fuels and cement production, he says that we would have seen the end of life on Earth because if you follow the trajectory down until we started to increase it, it was heading to below one hundred and fifty parts per million. That wouldn't happen tomorrow, But he says he says we saved life on Earth because the natural cycle was bringing it down to one hundred and fifty or lower in the not too distant future. So yeah, CO two is you know, at times in the past it was one thousand percent of today's levels, so we're still very low in comparison with most of ours history.
Speaker 3: What was your other question, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 12: It was whether or not current human activity might be lot for one of the dynamics, or if future human technology might be used to first all the interglacial period.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a really good point. In fact, it's interesting that you know various scientists Zella covid s out of England, she's originally Russian, and others, let's see, out of the Polkovo Observatory, Abducemotov. These people are saying that we're actually headed into global cooling because of cycles of the Sun, and at around twenty sixty we're going to see a cooling era, but because of our CO two emissions causing some warming, it probably won't be as severe as it was during the seventeen hundreds when we had a solar minimum vent as well. But looking even further to the future, the speculation is that our CO two emissions may delay the onset of the next glacial period. So that's a very very that's a very good thing. Trying to stop the glacials entirely is going to be maybe impossible, because they're driven by something called Melankovitch cycles, which are changes in the orbit of the Earth, the tilt of our planet's access axis, and of course there's wobble. So what you end up with is this hundred thousand year cycle that we're currently in between glacial and inner glacial, and that's being affected by the orbit of the Earth and the way the Earth moves on its axis. So I don't think we're anywhere use to being able to affect it in the long term.
Speaker 3: And I think Robert, to add to this what Thom is saying, look up the terms nutation and procession. These are astronomical terms which we don't go into in great detail for the lack of time, but they're also indicative as you're telling about these, Malanka, it's the cycles all things in the heavens, this whole thing of celestial mechanics. The Earth's orbit is not the most perfectly circular of all the planets Venus as that, but there's many other changes, but Robert, more important than what I just said. Thank you for being part of our show. You always bring something interesting and we're all trying to learn something new. So thank you, my friend. I have a good weekend.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's continue on. We go to line number one. Tony and Clifton, New Jersey. She's a regular caller, Tony, Good morning to you. How you doing.
Speaker 15: Hi, that's the sky you know when you when you gentlemen were talking about global warming. The first thing that popped into my mind, and I want your comments on this, both you and your guest, is first of all, you know, heating was discovered. This is what it says on my age on my computer one point nine million years ago and forty two thousand years ago, people would do the hearts style heating, you know, and they put it in a heart. Air conditioning, on the other hand, was discovered in nineteen oh two, and then I remember as I was growing up well before that. In the twenties and thirties, it became more popular for the homes and then by the seventies everybody had it. So there must be something to why it took so long to get air aditioning. If everybody was so hot.
Speaker 3: Well, it's Onny, not to cut you short. We'll talk Phoenix. I didn't believe this. I'm a native New Yorker and I lived out here for about thirty seven years, and I asked people, I said, why did they start stowing air conditioners? And the person said, here's what we did. And this is now talking about sixty years ago. Maybe people didn't have a lot of money. Let's say they took wet sheets and towels or big bedspreads, you know, they wet them and they hung them over the side of their homes, over their patios, and people would sleep out there and if any breeze came through with that moisture in there, that was there. That was their conditioning. But you bring up some good points, tom, Not to steal your thunder on this. Tony always brings up some good points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. I mean humanity has lived through hot periods, you know, for many times. In fact, the Medieval warm period was warmer, the Roman warm period was warmer. You know, it's cold that we really have to worry about. If you look at history, that's when it was in fact, you know, famine and wars and all sorts of things came. They actually did a study recently in the UK was published in the Lancet, the Medical Journal, and they looked at millions of deaths across the world, through many countries, many climates, and they found that twenty times more people die from the cold than from the heat. So if we get a bit of warming, which we probably will because CO two is rising and it causes a little bit of warming, that's actually a very good thing.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: The interesting thing, also, Tony, is that the warming is forecast to happen most in the Arctic at night in the winter. So what that means is that instead of being a minus eighty, it's going to be minus seventy five in the very coldest parts of the earths. And I don't think that's a bad thing, quite frankly.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Tony. Thank you always bring up some good points here, and I appreciate you as being a regular caller to the doctor's going to experience. You have a good weekend. Let's continue. We're being inundated, and that's a good thing in the theater of the mind. Right to Tom. Let's continue line number three gymsmen patient and he's in the catskills.
Speaker 12: How are you this morning bag?
Speaker 7: Leaving doctor s Guy and Tom. Two things. One's the thought that I've had for a long time. What the second one actually concerns me a lot, But anyway, the first one is how come they can't have perpetually charging electric vehicle with say, alternators on each wheel and a solar paddel on the roof that constantly charges the battery.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I never thought of that.
Speaker 4: Wow, well you need an incredibly you need an incredibly big solar panel, that's for sure. You know, it's funny. We bought some solar panels to charge a battery that we have. We have one hundred pounds lefium ion battery and it's great. It runs your refrigerator for something like seven days. But the bottom line is we have to have oh gosh, it must be about twenty square feet of solar panels to charge it in the course of a day. I mean, so if you're trying to run a car with solar power, you'd probably have to have a solar panel about twenty times bigger than the car. So I think it would be pretty cumbersome.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny, Jim, we had a Tesla at one time. One of the earlier models. I think it was I don't know when S Tesla S or something. And the reason we didn't like it the seats in the car, not the knock Tesla that at the time, they just weren't as comfortable as other seats. But here's the point that car. Look how long it took to charge it, right, tom Right, It's amazing. I wonder does anybody have any information on how quickly you can now charge these evs, because again it's not as quick as putting you know, liquid fuel gasoline in your car. I wonder any idea time have these batteries improved that they're recycled time recharge.
Speaker 4: They've improved a little bit. But you know, one of the major problems is it takes so much longer to charge an electric vehicle than it does to just fill up with gasoline. They're going to actually have big problems with respect to the area required for charging stations. I mean, you know, a car goes in and five minutes later they drive out their full tank of gas and they continue their trip. If you have to go into a place and charge for it, say half an hour to an hour, then you're going to need massive areas to cover, you know, parts of cities to charge cars. They're just gonna be sitting there for a long time. And so in fact, we did we did an analysis for Ottawa and found that there simply isn't enough space in the city to have all these cars sitting there charging because it doesn't take five minutes to charge like gasoline. You taken a half hour to an hour. So you have to have massive, massive parking lots of charging vehicles all the time.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Jim and the catskills that follow up from you. You've been patient and thank you for being with us. Please continue. I guess he's not there. Well, let's continue line number five. The callers continue to come into the theater of the mind. Frank and the Bronx. You've been patient, Good morning, how are you Hey.
Speaker 16: I'm trying, Nay, Paris, I love you, look for yourself. Come on, dame cool comments. Okay, you know it's here. Uh well, Earth, there's a turn into genius by the bye to work or if you don't have a less of call. But no always so allo, cause create more common block side than common goot side than guess because you have to burn coal to create the electricity while they say that.
Speaker 3: Well, how practical is the whole thing? You're right, You're right, Frank, I mean, you know all these evs. I'm not against evs, it's just that I think the problem is the power drain. Look at the data centers. Oh god, right, town, don't talk about data centers. Right now, there's water revolution of sorts, maybe with a capital small are where people are revolting in data centers because look what it's doing, not only taking up the amount of the grid, and it's also putting in the necessity which is so precious. And we're talking here in the West. Now, let me not be selfish. Water is an important thing to everyone. I guess up in Canada you're also concerned about water and if the electric rates are so high. And look at the state of New Jersey, if I'm correct, on this time before the current governor was elected, that whole gubernatorial campaign, so many people were just stressed out, and rightfully so, about how electric rates raising in New Jersey. But what about other states? Right, It's a very interesting subject that we were talking about here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting. Just on the first part of that. You know, the head of Tyota told the Japanese government that if they converted more and more to electric vehicles, they'd eventually get to the point where they cause blackouts across the country. That they simply could they could not convert, you know, major part of the automobile industry to electric vehicles because they just simply wasn't enough electricity. And this is the you know, the head of Tiota, who actually have a very strong vested interest of course in being able to sell their evs, and they said, look to look government, it's it's not possible. You can't convert to evs because there's not enough power. You know, you'd have to build nuclear stations all over the place to make electricity.
Speaker 3: Well, we appreciate you, Frank, thank you for bringing some common sense points here to the audience in the theater of the mine the Doctors Guy Experience Line number two. George in West Eastern County. Good morning, You're on the air with Tom Harris. How are you doing this morning.
Speaker 17: Doctor Sky and mister Harris. This show rocks the house. You guys are unbelievable and I just like to not really I love this kind of stuff. But the thing is, first of all, let me just throw a name out that's never mentioned. What about Bruce astronaut Bruce mccanvas the second and what he did forty two years ago?
Speaker 3: Right, absolutely, we did that little man maneuvering unit. And he was the only astronaut at least that I remember that actually was away from the shuttle under the power of this little robotic chair. I guess if you want to call it that, But your spot on there, continue on. This is interesting.
Speaker 17: He had a steel set. But anyway, guys, the technology we have, we put people on the moon, we all our technology is always number one. But I just wonder, because when America becomes a third world country, We're not going to have this technology. This is going to be scrapped to the side. You take a guy like Elon muh scared. Everybody loves him in this audience. He voted for Trump in twenty four but he voted for Joe Biden in twenty twenty. And he also has a big auto plant in China. To me, he's like a political free agent.
Speaker 9: But they don't realize when when a musk, when not musk, but when Omar and courties and all of them and to leave become really the most powerful people in the country through the Third World were not these programs.
Speaker 17: Are all going to be scrapped, private and public. They're going to go after everybody. They and talking about colonized and America will be colonized.
Speaker 14: By the Third World.
Speaker 17: If you ain't seen nothing yet, that's.
Speaker 3: Well, you're giving me, you're giving us some information. But God help, you're scaring us, because let me tell you, it could happen if people don't wake up. But let me go over to Tom for a response on that, if he wants and wants to respond. But you're right on you know, we want to make sure we keep American exceptionalism. But then again, your response, if you have one, Tom, to what was talked about by George.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting. I was watching a Musk interviews just a few hours ago, and and he's said, you know, he's very much concerned that America is going to change when you bring in so many cultures they're antithetical to Western civilization. And you know, this has nothing to do with our climate topic. But but I think you know it's it's a real concern. Are we going to see the United States become like Iran? I mean, if you bring in more and more people who believe in the things that are in or at least the leaders that Iran believe in. You change the society. And you know, it's interesting because and again this is nothing to do with the climate.
Speaker 6: There's a couple of.
Speaker 4: Cities in the United States. I believe it's Dearborn, where they now have a majority of Muslims. Of Muslims, that's right, And and they're renaming streets after you know, various famous Muslim people who in one case, he was actually in supportive a mass. And it was interesting because the mayor held the community community meeting and a white pastor stood up and said, look, I don't want my street it's named after this character who supports a mass. And the mayor apparently told yeah, And the mayor told him, you know, you are now in the minority. You are not welcome in this city. I'll have a parade the day you leave.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: The interesting thing and that was reporting is a trite free press and all over there.
Speaker 3: This spreads to Canada. Look, we don't want sharia law in our town. We've covered this when I did shows long long time ago on a thing called a caul to rights. I mean, obviously I couldn't be more pro America. I mean, everybody else that's pro America. You're my brother or sister. But the reality is what was brought about by George is that maybe somehow in this country we'll realize that this is definitely you take away my freedom and my liberty, and these are the two most important things. In other words, we're free, at least that's what we think. And well, liberty, you know, the freedom to make decisions. We don't want any of these large corporations. We don't want any of these large you know, massive data surges like China has what a credit score, not a credit score financially, but a personal you know, come on, enough is enough. But my words are not going to do much other than people getting together. So George and Westchester, you bring up the same theme, which is a positive one. But do we want to stay on measure Let's continue before the half hour runs out Line four. Anthony and Long Island. You've been patient and you're on with Tom Harris.
Speaker 4: Good morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 18: The elephant in the room, respectfully, our aging fleet of nuclear reactors were designed so long ago, and it was when they were licensed they were to be shut down by nineteen ninety six, and the waste stored in the Yuka Mountain, well, Yuka Mountain has been being done an unsafe repository for this waste, so they no longer have or go to place to place it. And all these reactors have to upload a third of the fuel rods that are in them now to maintain their functionality. So thereby they have been storing all this waste in the holding pools that are supposed to be for the waste that are in the the transfer stage. So we have actually incrementally increased the waste. And then the breached reactors burn six hundred times hotter than the sun. So what effect is that having on the Goldilocks zone of planet Earth? Because they knew Oppenheimer, Einstein, they all wrote that this is a horrible thing to do to our genome. And if for one reactor breaches containment with a meltdown, life on Earth is done. And that you're spot on an is dumping radioactive water into the ocean as we be.
Speaker 3: Tom your response on this one from Anthony, he's definitely on target with this, but at an environmental issue. But it's a climate and you know, it's just a safe haven thing that he's talking about. What do you say about that? I mean, he brings up some very very powerful things about nuclear waste. Where does it go? What do we do with it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's interesting. There was a study called the Seaborne Commission study in cana where they were considering putting nuclear waste a mile underground in cased in concrete in the Canadian shield. Now, this is a huge pluton. It's a massive geologic formation that hasn't moved in tens of millions of years. Now, the interesting thing is that you take a can do which is a Canadian reactor, you take their cand reactor bundle, and it's high level waste, and certainly it's dangerous, but it's only dangerous for about four hundred years. You can hold it in your hands after only four hundred years. So when people say, oh, it's dangerous for millions of years, they're talking about low level waste, which is not particularly dangerous in the first place. So what we need is we need to put it into very solid, long duration storage, deep deep in the ground. Now, the sad thing is you say, well, why aren't we doing that already? I mean, we could be taking in American that's right, we could take an American nuclear waste and put it in the Canadian shield as well. But the reason was this. The study said that technically and scientifically and from an engineering point of view, this was super super safe because you only have to hold it for a blink of an eye in comparison with geologic time, during which time the shield has been very very stable. But they said it wasn't socially or politically safe because most people thought that it was dangerous. So it's sad that they haven't built it because of this politically correct view that somehow it would be dangerous to put waste. Well, hey, it's a lot more dangerous to leave it on the surface, you know, just like the caller was saying. So we've got to go ahead with this deep geologic storage because it is very very safe and certainly much safer than just leaving it on the surface. The only advantage of leaving on the surface is that someday we may be able to use it in breeder reactors, because you know, there's still lots of energy in that waste that can be extracted.
Speaker 3: No, it has to be something where education campaigns are very strong for people don't let them think that all nuclear is no good. But on the same light, what Anthony brought of this table and the theater of the mind is very profound because if you'll come out and I know where it is everybody seemingly knows in the Nevada desert, you know how much get that stuff can you pack into the ground because half lives of some of this stuff goes way beyond the ages that will live. But we have to be concerned about this. Let's not pollute the earth in that regard with anything like nuclear waste. Very interesting, We're running up at the end of what half of our number two already. Isn't that amazing time? How time flies and space time continuum. I just want to mention again you can get Tom's website by going to or I should say, simply just go to his website. I see sca dash Canada dot com. And also tell us about your America out Loud. What's the website. I mean, if I'd given it, just tell us specifically how to get to your articles.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, Americaoutloud dot news and that is a very exciting website. I mean, they have some really exceptional writers. I don't know if I'm in that I don't know if I'm in that category, but certainly if they go and they search authors, they'll see my name there, and you can see our radio shows and you can read my articles, and you know, the radio shows are great fun because we specifically called it the other side of the story, because we'd like to take issues and look at it from a different point of view.
Speaker 3: And it's good to listen to those, as you say, and it's not your you know, trademark quote, it's good to listen to people who don't agree with us, because how can you have critical thinking and dialogue if you do the other thing. We'll be right back here on the Doctor's Guy Experience, what we like to call the Theater of the Mind. And believe me, ladies and gentlemen, there's many seats that you still can come into the Theater of the Mind. One eight hundred and eight four eight nine two two two Carl in New Jersey. If you're kind enough to stay with us, we will get you back on the air. And Jim, I guess you're calling back on the Catskills. Sorry we cut you off, and I think you might have heard it. Tom. Maybe some solar interference on some of the phone lines snap, crackle and pop, but I think that's probably due to something out there in the cosmos. We'll be right back on the Doctor's Guy Experience.
Speaker 2: The Doctor Sky Experience is on the air seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 1: Now Here's Doctor Sky.
Speaker 10: Like travels billions of years just so we can watch a star say goodbye. But in this darkness, every end is just the beginning of something beautiful.
Speaker 3: We're all made at Stardust. Thirty two minutes after the hour, we continue with Tom Harris as we move on to the conclusion of number two, and we ask you kindly to stay in touch with us for Saturday into Sunday morning as we can talk on the Doctor Sky Experience in our theater of the mine with the company called reflect Orbital and their CEO as we talk about space capitalism and their design of space mirrors. This is a young company that has funding and has many plans that are going to do some things that are interesting, somewhat controversial to some. Let's stay tuned at the Doctor Sky Experience on reflect Orbital and space Capitalism. Tom Harris, thank you for continuing to be with us. Let's go to line number whatever it is, and we wann see the line number. Let's go to Carl in New Jersey. Carl, you're on with Tom Harris. Thanks, good morning, Hello gentlemen.
Speaker 11: Regarding the area of energy sources of energy, what comes to mind is the research going on at the Large Livermore where they're able to produce more energy out than going in infusion process. And also MIT has a group working on colfusion. And also cars are being manufactured now that are running on hydrogen fuel cells, which means getting it for water.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, so that should be addressed in a big way and maybe some major fundings should go to some of these different sources of energy.
Speaker 16: This is.
Speaker 11: Not burning gasoline, so in that case, there's no problem with fossil fuels and things of that nature.
Speaker 3: Carl, I appreciate you. It's not your fault. We're hearing a little bit of static and a lot of the callers out there, but I think most of us can can at least hear the question. You're right, hydrogen is something Tom that weren't there a few cars, a couple of big manufacturers mainstream, you know, the major car manufacturers. Weren't they doing hydrogen cars and somehow it evaporated to my right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Actually it's interesting because when it's around freezing, you know, the byproduct of burning hydrogen of course is water, and so they found that it was actually slicking the highways with ice. So there are issues with hydrogen cars. And of course you have to make the hydrogen somehow. Typically, you know, they might associate water, they might you know, reform methane. That's a typical way of making hydrogen. But you know, I wanted to comment on Carl's point about the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. I mean, that is one of the biggest physics milestones of the century. I mean that is so so important, the Lawrence Livermore and National Laboratory. They're in the news because it's the first place on Earth to achieve what they call scientific fusion ignition. That means that they produce more energy form fusion than the laser energy delivered to the fuel, right.
Speaker 3: Even though it's a tiny tiny amount, though I understand, to let us up the record straight. I mean, it's some what it just appeared and then it kind of disappeared or is it some scorable thing? Right?
Speaker 4: They only hold it for tiny fractions. I believe it's only holding fractions of a second. But but I mean, the bottom line is, in December twenty twenty two, I'm just reading it from the web here they produced three point one four mega dules of fusion energy from two point oh five of laser energy delivered to the fuel capsule. And that's the first time humanity's ever had a net energy gain from control fusion. So, I mean, fusion is super worthwhile continuing to work on I mean, if we ever have fusion, we will have energy forever. It'll be clean energy. You know this, This will be an absolutely wonderful thing. This is unfortunate saying is that Princeton, for example, puts out a T shirt saying that we're only ten years from nuclear you know, nuclear fusion it's controlled to actually make electricity. But they put out that same T shirt every ten years. So you know, the fellow I used to work with a Princeton PhD. Jay Lair, he's passed away. Now he thinks that we're still quite a long way. I mean, many decades from a time when we can have fusion powering actual electricity generation. But wow, we better keep working on it and this announcement that Carl brought up. Yeah, it is a big, big deal.
Speaker 3: And what if we could go back into the nineteen twenties when one of the physicists at the time will spare the name right now, who is developing and working on the concept, not developing, but working on the concept of antimatter. Could you imagine if you had that antimatter event where you could utilize the energy. But tell us this, it's really too much of an uncontrolled environment explosion. So they're saying, if you had a tiny little bit of antimatter and it was used incorrectly, it could wipe out like a whole city. I mean, it's that much where you don't have the controls. It's like your foot. You don't have the ability to put the brakes on that one. But imagine that though in the universe, is still that reality that antimatter is there, but we just have to go ahead and figure out how to do fusion first.
Speaker 11: Carl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're still there, Carl, sorry to cut you. Do you have a follow up or did you disappear.
Speaker 1: Into the eth Oh no, no, No.
Speaker 11: It just really amazed me to discover that they finally achieved the point where they were able to get more energy out than input. That's amazzing kind of thing. What about the idea of vision being used now in the space rockets as a matter of fact, Oh yeah, isn't a.
Speaker 19: Plan that.
Speaker 11: Nuclear vision will be used on board one of the rockets going to Mars?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. I mean when John Kennedy announced that we were going to land a man on the Moon and return and safe to leave through the ears, a lot of people don't realize, but the latter part of that speech was in fact that we had to develop nuclear power for spacecraft for propulsionous. Yeah, that's right, because currently it's about seven months to get to Mars with chemical rockets because of course most of the time you're just coasting, and then you have to you know, stay there for a certain period of time. I believe it's about five months until the planets are lined up in another seven months strip back, and that's a very close planet. It's a very close destination, you know, seen from a cosmological point of view. So I mean, we have to get much much better for pulsion. Nuclear propulsion was the original goal, and they're getting back to working on it now, so I can see that this will be. And of course with nuclear propulsion you can have a gradual but continuous thrust over a period of months. It doesn't just burn for a few minutes and then coast. So yeah, nuclear fusion and fission, you know, both of them are are wonderful sources of power, and if we can get our spacecraft operating on them, who knows, it may open up a large part of the galaxy.
Speaker 3: Carlo, New Jersey, thank you for being part of the show. We do appreciate you. Well, go to gym again. I'm sorry in the Catskills if you're there, did do we get cut off or somehow you got lost?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Go ahead, I got cut off, thank you, doctor Ski. Well with the electric cars yet, I realized the solar paddle will only be a little bit. But what about alternators on each wheel to keep recharging the battery, even if not completely, to keep it to a higher state of charge if it does need to be recharged.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know much about that, but I do know that with some cars you get energy back when you're braking. Isn't that right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: I've heard that also, Well, guys.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the concept? No, excuse me. Isn't that the concept when we have a hybrid vehicle that as you're driving the vehicle, it's what charging the battery. If I'm correct in that assessment. Is that right?
Speaker 7: I would think, But you still still have to be recharged.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: But my second one which really concerns me is Elon Musk. He knows his personality, how he has aloofness, you know what I mean. So he's been diagnosed of have Asperger's high on the spectrum he's going to have. He's going to have an irrational temper. People that he worked with say the same thing, and people with Asperger's lack empathy. So that you have the world's richest man racing for you know, super intelligence who's creating millions of robots to replace human labor. Then there's another factor also, he's very close with his mother. And his mother I've read practiced version of right that she practiced. She practices a South African version of a Luciferian witchcraft, and that also one of Elon Musk's former wives, Grimes Gothic singer, she practiced Luciferian witchcraft. And Elon Musk was at a galla with his mother it was like a Halloween thing. But he had a red vest on with like a very elaborate picture of a bats and met demon on the front and upside down across on the back. That that concerns me that.
Speaker 3: Well, it does me too. You're right, I mean, Jim who knows. I mean, obviously we read this stuff. I don't know him, you don't personally know him, but you're right, I mean, when you're in that capacity. I don't know how he does all the things he does and stays sane. But I guess he's also involved in doing mushrooms and I don't know, I've heard ketamine and all these other things. But God bless if he's going to build rockets and do things in space. I think the overall thing is he's moved us right tom on the chessboard. He's moved the parts far away from what we would see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he has a goal I think which more people in the space program should have. He says he wants to preserve the light of consciousness, so the humans will become eventually, you know, not immortal and not you know, we will still die, but well as a species. Yeah, that's right. If we expend far enough into space and we use proper technology, we could make humanity as a whole last a lot longer than if we all stay in this little pot. So I mean, I think his goal of bringing consciousness to the universe, you know, keeping the light of consciousness going by expanding into space. That's exactly what Charles Laughlin says, I mean. Charles Wachlin, the anthropologist. He says the single most important activity for humankind in the twenty first century will be the establishment of permanent, self sufficient off world presence. He says, that is that is key if we are to have a functioning and prosperous world and even survive for that matter.
Speaker 3: Jim and the caatsilas, thanks for calling back, and again we're hearing a little bit of solar flare activity. I don't know that for sure, but if you're coming through the phone line, we have no idea why. But again, our helmsman Bill and Ian they're doing a yeoman's job of getting nuts thing solved, and we do appreciate their help because without them, imagine this what kind of show we would have where we couldn't hear what you folks have to say. When we come back in just a moment for the last break of the two hour show, we're going to shift gears a little bit. Tom and I have at least decided to talk about some other things. The historic Apollo eleven, which of course many people were not even born that are listening to this radio station now wherever you are, a most amazing achievement. I still can't believe, Tom, how people believe that we never went there. The simple answer, I'm looking at it at my desk and I don't think it's photoshopped. Is the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, which is out here in Arizona, Arizona State. There's an office there and they have a little kind of a mini control panel there. It's a small little unit in a satellite, like the size of maybe a little refrigerator. But I'm holding in my hand the imaging of the Apollo elevening landing site and the long walk that Neil Armstrong took. You can still see the footprints to the little West.
Speaker 7: Amazing.
Speaker 3: So you can check that out by going on the web go to Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and Tom, you know, time and space controls the show and we will be right back on the Doctor Sky Experience. As we move to the conclusion of our number two, we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: This is the Doctor Sky experience. Always look to the sky. Seventy seven WABC. Now here's Doctor Sky.
Speaker 9: Hi, this is you.
Speaker 1: Downs You're listening to Doctor Sky on aviation and space and life.
Speaker 3: I neither think I know nor think I know it all. A quote about humility and truth from the great Socrates a long time ago. Forty eight minutes after the hour, we continue with Tom Harris, executive director the International Climate Science Coalition. Check his website. I see sc Dashcanada dot com. I wanted to do a quick review of the Apollo eleven. You know where you are? I was thirteen. I think I know where I was. I was home. My parents had to have permission to stay up late at night on the East coast. That was nearly eleven pm. But the interesting truth is what an experience, because you know, I spent some time with buzz Aldrin and he told me a story, and it's actually come to light that when they got back into the lunar, you know, the module to do the ascent stage, he had backed up inadvertently into the breaker panel and broke the little switch for the button switch or whatever where you would then launch the rocket to get off the surface of the moon. So lo and behold, he didn't tell that to Houston, and they're ready for the countdown, and what does he do, tom He takes out a felt tip pen and shoves it in the hole and the rest is history. And that pen supposedly was that auction. I don't know if it's Sothebees. I think it went for over three hundred thousand dollars. And when they were coming down the ladder, that is Neil Armstrong, he reminded buzz Aldron not to close the door on the lunar module it theoretically could have locked. Now, those are some amazing stories, but you're analysis of that whole experience, it's just amazing. I don't see how people even say that we never went there. I mean, come on, what's yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well had twenty five thousand people. My five thousand people worked on the Apollo.
Speaker 13: So are they all lying?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: But I mean I've had dinner with Harrison Schmidt, you know, who was the only scientist to walk on the moon a PhD in geology on Apollo seventeen. And to think that all these guys are lying. No, I just just don't buy it. You know, the Apollo moon landing was an amazing activity. I mean I was sixteen at the time. I collected all the newspapers and I still have them from all over the world. Actually, and I met, as I say, several of the Apollo astronauts, a very very brave people, because you know, they had one rocket to get them off the moon. If it didn't work, they were stuck, and I don't believe they had any ability to get them to actually rescue them.
Speaker 3: Well, President Dixon had a backup speech, and we interviewed the gentleman too, not to go through the time tunnel here that wrote the plaque, you know here men from the Earth came, you know, in peace and landed on the Moon. We had that gentleman before he passed a speech writer. But Nixonsident Nixon had a backup speech, which would be very depressing if indeed that door was locked or somehow something happened catastrophically on a great event in time. But let's go to the few callers that we have. We always want to go to the callers. If you're still there, Line number two, Steven New Jersey. Thanks for your patience. If you're on there, Good morning to you. How you doing Steve and New Jersey? Give it one more time?
Speaker 19: Hello, doctor Sky, Hello mister Harris. Can you hear me? Yeah, a great, mister Harris. I've had a hypothesis for years. I want to run by it right now. I never bought into the mid I never bought into the global climate change and doctor Scott, I always sort of as a way to control us, take away our freedom, all right. Having said that, mister mister harrs if I believe if we detonated every nuke on the planet, we would destroy man and all the structures and the atmosphere on the planet, but we wouldn't destroy the Earth. The Earth would still continue to exist. The atmosphere would be screwed up for a while, but eventually do act of God, which I believe, or forces in nature, the atmosphere and the planet would return to a normal state. If there'd be life, I don't know. But what do you think about my hypothesis? What do you think?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean it's not an experiment I.
Speaker 13: Want to see tried.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they're saying that there's some insects that would survive cockroaches, for example. So yeah, we'd have a very different ecosystem, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I grew up at a time during the Cuban missile crisis, and I remember my dad had between the wall of our house in the basement and the oil tank, he had a little sort of bomb shelter and he had lots of food, startup and everything else. And thank goodness, it never actually happened, you know. So we were very glad that Kennedy and kruse Chef came to their agreement, you know. But I just you know, concerning one thing that doctor Sky brought up, and that is the people have got to go to the Air and Space Museum in Washington because they have the lunar module there and they even have the command module of the Apollo eleven, the actual spacecraft. They have help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the space shue that's so dirty because all that lunar dust is not very compatible unless you use oxyclean to clean it.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know it's not the topic that was just brought up, but it's something people got to go to and it's free. It's free.
Speaker 3: I like that. Well, thank you, ste If you bring in some insight as always, and that's why we love the callers that come into this what we call in the theater of the mind. Almost out of time here, but I wanted to bring up something else that you talk about all the time about what's really going on in the world of climate and you're a climate realist. I want to say that again. His website ic Scdeshcanada dot com. You can learn so much more America out loud the other websites that you were talking about here, here's something interesting from the world of astronomy. We'll talk about it more tomorrow. Here about this. This is interesting. LHS eleven forty B is the first rocky earthlike exoplanet discovered to have an atmosphere in a star's habitable zone. It's forty eight light years away and features get into this helium rich upper atmosph sphere. So it's about seventy percent larger than the Earth five point six excuse me times heavier, and it circles a very dim red dwarf star. So here's what's interesting. Can you imagine if we do really confirm this the first time in history humankind that we've actually seen something that may have a potentially habitable planet, which means there may be water there. Your thoughts, I don't know if you were aware of this discovery, but it's forty eight light years away, not that we're going to get there anytime soon, but it gives hope alive to another subject off the topic that we're talking about, about the possibility of life existing in the universe with the number of stars based on a mathematical equation called the Drake equation.
Speaker 4: What say you, Well, I don't know anything about that particular discovery, but the water is almost certainly under the pack ice on the moon Europa, which is one of the moons of Jupiter. In fact, Arthur Clark wrote a very good fiction, actually, All the Sea and the Sky about about an astronauts that went to Europa and they went through the ice into what was in fact an under ice ocean, and that's what they speculate is going to be found when they actually can get through the ice, and you know, if it's actually liquid water, and it's very probably is, they say there'll be more water there than in the whole of the Earth. So and it's kept liquid partly because of the tidal forces from Jupiter. So yeah, there may be life who knows in our own solar system, and we get to Europa with our robots and stuff, we're going to perhaps find it.
Speaker 3: Well, author'sy Clark said it, and I know we don't have a lot of time to go through it. He did say in the twenty ten sequel. At least it came through in the movie. What did they say to them? Don't touch Europa? Yes, a sacred a sacred place. But you're right. The probe that's headed there is not going to land. It's going to actually survey and do some analysis. But one day, hopefully we'll find out what lies underneath this, because it's improbable in my opinion. You know that with all the number of stars out there and some like stars, and now this discovery of LHS eleven forty b, this could be something really interesting. Can you imagine if you just multiply that by so many other stars and systems where planetary objects exist, where all star dust. As you're hearing in some of those little promotionals by the voice, how about that, yes, of whoever's.
Speaker 18: Doing that, you know.
Speaker 6: Arthur C.
Speaker 4: Clark also had a perspective that because you have to not just be close enough to extraterrestrial life to detect it, you also have to exist at the same time, you know, and humanity's only being chromagnon or what about three hundred thousand years ago, which is a blink of an eye in the history of the universe, So we have to overlap with other life forms. They have to exist at the same time as us. And so one of the conclusions that Arthur Clark came to was a pessimistic conclusion, but I think it's probably realistic, he said, among intelligent life in the universe, and he felt there would be other intelligent life. Probably the most common characteristic is loneliness because we may never actually overlap in time with when they exist. So I think that it's going to be a long time before we ever, if ever discover eccraterrestrial intelligence. But yeah, let's keep looking.
Speaker 3: Well, absolutely, and you hear many hosts on this radio station talk about it in great, great depth about this whole UFO experience and what's happening with the government releasing all the data. But yeah, I want to be an optimist. I mean, I've studied the subject, I've known so many of the abductees from Travis Walton to Betty, the Betty and Hill Betty Hill experience. This is the most documented UFO case. But still, where's there one bit of credible evidence that shows anything to date? I mean, it's like we're looking at things by people telling us stories, many of them have passed on. But show me one credible shred of evidence. Let me see a piece for something, let me see some weird hieroglyphics or good hieroglyphics. Let's do some analysis, and what about what David Grush is talking about?
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, yeah, I used to discount, Yeah, I used to discount that sort of thing entirely, but I don't anymore. You know, I'm starting to see when when we look at the videos that have just been released. In just a few days ago, there was an amazing series of videos that were released showing things that look like spacecraft. Quite frankly, I'm now saying that, Okay, I'll listen to David Grush and others because I'm not dismissing them. I think they who knows, they may be right. I have a friend who was a ceases agent, which is like your CIA, and he says that there's a lot of evidence that we are in fact being visited by extraterrestrials right now. And you know, I don't know if that's true. I don't necessarily believe it, but I have a lot of respect for this guy, so who knows it might be true.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Tom Harris. I see Scdshcanada dot com. You're always welcome here in the Theater of the mind, and by the number of people that call in and take a seat, we do appreciate your time. We'll have you back and keep us in there in the know here about these things about as you talk about, very sincerely and straight. Not a climate denier, but a climate realist. Thank you for your time. We'll talk soon. You have a good morning up in Canada. Thank you, sir. Yeah, thank you, and stay tuned to Talk Radio seventy seven WABC for another side of midnight as Lineel takes us to the break of dawn as he talks about many fascinating subjects. As we continue to talk about the mysteries not only of the universe, but what about mysteries in general and answers that we seek. And thanks to our helmsman beer Anian and navigating the airwaves and getting you ladies and gentlemen on the air, We'll see you tomorrow with a whole new edition of the Doctor Sky Experience Theater of the Mind.
Speaker 6: Have a good week.