Speaker 1: Toby and Chili Mornings on Demand on ninety seven point one wash Out.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Toby and Chili in the Morning, ninety seven point one wash FM.
Speaker 3: I'm kidd o'she in for Toby.
Speaker 4: Uh huh am. I imagining something right now by looking at you there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kid, I don't know. Chili. Does my eye left eye look a little red?
Speaker 4: It does? What do you think it might be?
Speaker 2: Well, anytime I think anybody wakes up with a red eye and just only one eye, your first thought is pink eye, I have pink eye? Yeah, but you okay, how do you get pink eye? Do adults get pink eye? Yes?
Speaker 4: Adults absolutely can get pink eye.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's a kid thing. It mostly is a.
Speaker 4: Kid thing, but adults definitely can. From you don't have any children. Let's let everybody know you don't have any kids.
Speaker 3: No, but I do have a dog.
Speaker 2: That was when I came home yesterday because our schedules are a little off with me filling in for you and my partner had to go into the office yesterday, so he was lonely and he was laying on my pillow. He does not normally lay on my pillow and then I took a nap yesterday and I'm just one. So you're blaming the chiua I am blaming the five pound chuaa at home.
Speaker 4: Okay, I do know there's two types. There's a viral version or there's bacterial. We don't know. You're gonna go see somebody today, I hope.
Speaker 2: At one point, and I don't know. I'm hoping it's gonna heal itself.
Speaker 4: You're wearing glasses right now, which is good because it'll keep you from touching your eye and spreading whatever it is around. Notice that I'm at least four feet away from you, and I'm gonna stay this way.
Speaker 3: I don't think I can pass it on that way.
Speaker 4: No, it's not that easy. I mean, but it is. No, no, no, let me let me correct it. It's very very contagious.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you're touching your eyes, and that's why kids stay home from school, because so I'm going to behave. I've got the wipes out, I've got the disinfectant out, we're spraying down the studio.
Speaker 3: It doesn't hurt, it's not oozing anything. So maybe it's just a bloodshot eye.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's true. I mean, that's true. You're gonna come in here with an ipatch tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We'll see. We're glad you're starting your day with us. I hope your day is all to a better start than mine. Top stories are on the way next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, the DC Council reportedly reached a stadium deal with the Washington Commanders. I've got some more details on that in just.
Speaker 3: A few minutes.
Speaker 4: Top Stories, Top of the Hour, Top Stories presented by Celsius Energy Dreams. Glene Maxwell, currently serving a twenty year sentence for sex trafficking, has been formally subpoenaed by the House Oversight Committee. Now she's set to be deposed on August eleventh, as lawmakers push for more transparency around the Epstein case. The DC Council has reportedly reached a stadium deal with the Washington Commanders, with Chair Phil Mendelssohn approving it after negotiating changes with the team. Details of the changes have not been released, but public hearings are set for next week ahead of a final vote. Montgomery County Council has approved a zoning change which will allow multifamily housing on single family lots along major roads. Now. Supporters see it as a step toward more affordable housing, but critics sphere it could disrupt the character of their neighborhoods. The Manassas City School Board has introduced leadership reforms. This includes a two year term limit for the chair and a rotating vice chair position. Supporters argue it promotes fairness and sharing responsibility, while opponents warn it may limit effective leadership continuity and uh oh hershey raising its chocolate prices is the cost of cocoa and other ingredients continue to climb. The price surge is largely due to crop damage in West Africa, where climate change and disease have taken a toll on cocoa production. Forecast today sunny Sky's humid highs around ninety three. Right now sixty eight in Chevy Chase.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm kiddoshe in for Toby coming up next. We're always trying to help make sure your day starts off great. That's why we reach you a little quote. It's our morning mindset that's on the way next Banana Rama ninety seven point one Wash FM. It's kiddoshe along with Toby and Chile in the morning time for our morning mindset.
Speaker 4: So Mel Robbins says, everything you want is on the other side of not giving up. This emphasizes the importance of persistence and resilience in achieving your goals. You know, success fulfillment and personal growth often comes only after you have to push through some challenges, setbacks, and moments of doubt. It really is a reminder that a lot of folks they give up just before reaching that breakthrough, and continuing to try even when it's hard is often what separates those who achieve their dreams from those who don't. So Mel Robins says, everything you want is on the other side of not giving up, And if you want, you can find that quote on the Toby and Chili page at wash fm dot com.
Speaker 3: Love me some, Mel Robbins.
Speaker 2: All right, yesterday, Chili, we were talking about whether solo trips were a good idea or a bad idea. After I took a trip on my own. If you missed it, one caller said, my relationship is in bad shape.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But after that, we got a message sent to us using the talkback feature inside the iHeartRadio app, and this listener said, don't worry, he actually has some good advice for all of us.
Speaker 4: And just to be clear, it's not just a solo trip. It's a solo trip when you're already in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, we'll share that with you next on ninety seven point one wash FM, Toby and Tilly in the Morning ninety seven point one wash FM.
Speaker 3: I'm Kiddosche from Good Morning Washington.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, we were talking about whether or not taking solo trips when you're in a relationship is a good idea or a bad idea after I took a short little trip to Baltimore for the night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, it really depends on the relationship you're in. So we ask people for their thoughts, and boy, we got someone calling with quite a stance.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One guy said, my relationship is in bad shape. Take a listen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think separate vacations are a good idea.
Speaker 5: It's best to stick together.
Speaker 6: You want to be apart from each other. Then there are bigger issues that need your attention. Probably work on those first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, work on those first. Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 2: Just so you know, I was gone less than twenty four hours, and my partner and I do this all the time, and we travel together all the time.
Speaker 3: So after that, we weren't able to get to all of your calls.
Speaker 4: Right, And we also weren't able to listen to all the talkback messages that we got through our iHeartRadio app. But someone left you one I guess yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a really nice message with some good advice. Take a listen, all.
Speaker 5: Right, this is clean them from fair facts. I think solo trips are okay as long as there's clear boundaries as far as like what time they're leaving, when they're coming back, and where they're staying. And I believe it also should be an expectation about how much money they were spending during this solo trip.
Speaker 2: Now, now, if you look at my text records to Kyle, my partner that night, he knew where I was staying, he knew what I was doing.
Speaker 3: The money parts, that's none of his business.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Top stories are coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Here it's Toby and Chilly in the morning ninety seven point one wash FM, and you can join our conversations anytime by opening up the free iHeartRadio app. Make sure you're listening to ninety seven point one wash FM, Save us as a preset, and then use that red microphone to send a Semessage.
Speaker 1: Top stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 4: A second court has blocked President Trump's executive order to limit birthright citizenship. The Ninth Circuit Court ruled that the order violates the Fourteenth Amendment and granted a nationwide injunction to stop it from taking effect. A federal judge in Maryland has blocked Ice from immediately detaining Kilmar Abrego Garcia if he is released from jail, requiring three days notice before any deportation move, he can remain in Maryland under federal supervision with regular check ins. DC Council Chair Phil Mendelssohn has reportedly reached a deal with the Washington Commanders to revise the financial terms at the proposed stadium agreement. The changes clear the way for the Council to potentially vote on the deal within days following public hearings. Professors at George Mason University are criticizing the Board of Visitors for failing to defend President Gregory Washington amid multiple federal investigation into the university's DEI efforts. They called the board's silence politically motivated and also harmful to academic freedom. Prince George's County is considering running its own grocery store in underserved neighborhoods where private retailers won't open, aiming to improve food access without relying on outside incentives. And according to a recent study, giving kids smartphones before they turn thirteen may harm their mental health later in life. Those who got phones younger were more likely to struggle with suicidal thoughts, aggression, and low self worth. Forecast today sunny and humid, highs around ninety three right now seventy in Centerville.
Speaker 3: Toby is off this morning. I'm kidd o'shee.
Speaker 2: You've probably seen this story online, Jenna Bush calling out a guy for wearing a speedo while at the beach with his kids coming up. I'm gonna tell you why those comments would not fly here in DC or at Rehobeth Beach. There's a specific reason why. That's that is Miles Smith, Nice to meet you. Ninety seven one WASHFM with Toby and Chili in the morning. I'm kiddo'she from Good Morning Washington. Should men be allowed to wear speedos? That is the discussion we're having right now. You've probably have seen this story online. Jenna Bush Hager on the Today Show calling out a guy for wearing a speedo while at the beach with his kids, and I.
Speaker 4: Guess the internet was divided, you know. So I'm saying, as long as you can pull it off, it doesn't matter. And others like, I don't care what kind of body you have, speedos or no go And why do you have such a visceral reaction to this, Well.
Speaker 3: Because Chili, I am a speedo wearing man. Really, Chili, He's known me for a long time and this kind of shocks her.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised. When did you start wearing the speedo?
Speaker 2: Probably ten years ago when I moved to Washington, DC and the pool that I belonged to had a lot of men that were wearing speedos. Okay, So I've put the list together of the reasons I think it's okay for men to wear speed o's.
Speaker 4: Okay, sure, let me hear these.
Speaker 2: Number One, it's not uncommon for men in other parts of the world to wear these all the time. That's just their regular swimsuits. We just have a stigma here in the United States. Number Two, when you're in the hot summer sun and it gets hot here in.
Speaker 3: DC, it's nice to have less on It just is and it is less material on your body.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: And number three, if you visit the Vita Pool on Sixteenth Street, which was the pool that I belonged to, or Poodle Beach in Rehoboth Beach, you will see more men in speedos than you won't. And I don't want to generalize that it's all gay men, but I'm just saying it's not uncommon. There is not a stigma, and it is men of all sizes, all shapes, and no one really says anything.
Speaker 4: Can I see? Let me see right now, let me show me a picture of because you said you may have one on your phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually was just my partner and I did a staycation at MGM National Harbor and we went to the pool and I had my speedo on.
Speaker 3: I said, take a picture of me, because I you feel.
Speaker 4: Greatly we are wearing a speedo. Yes, wow, okay, good, Well, look to each his own. Don't take it personally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, knowing all that, now, how do you feel about this?
Speaker 4: I'm not a fan of the speedo, but listen, I'm also not a fan of cross Okay.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chilli's nearly impossible question, and.
Speaker 2: I assure you I will not be wearing my speed out Montgomery County Fair.
Speaker 3: What what is today's question?
Speaker 4: Six percent of adults say they never learn how to do this basic household task? Okay, what is it?
Speaker 2: Montgomery County Fair tickets plus unlimited rides of four pack? Yours right now? Eight sixty six nine two seven four three six one. That's eight six six nine two seven four three six one. What's that question again?
Speaker 4: Six percent of adults say they never learn how to do this basic task? What is it?
Speaker 2: We'll get the nearly impossible question answer plus more music to start your Thursday. Next on ninety seven point one Wash FM, Toby.
Speaker 1: And Chilli's nearly impossible question.
Speaker 2: I'm Kiddoche and for Toby, we're playing for unlimited rides and tickets to the Montgomery County Fair a four pack.
Speaker 3: What is today's question?
Speaker 4: Percent of adults say they never learned how to do this basic task or skill? What is it?
Speaker 3: Eight sixty six nine two seven four three six one.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Nancy, thanks for being a part of the show. In Sterling. You've got the question. What do you think we're talking about?
Speaker 1: So a button back on?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a great guess. Now, are you an adult who knows how to do that or no, it's okay to admit it. If you don't, we won't judge. I do know.
Speaker 7: My mother taught us how the men close replace button, six hymns, the whole shebang.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's impressive, kidd o'shee. Do you know how to sew on a button?
Speaker 2: I could probably get it on for a day, but it would fall right back off.
Speaker 4: Uh, Nancy, that's an excellent guess. And yes, six percent of adults say they've never learned how to sew on a button. Congratulations, Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're going to the Montgomery County Fair. You got free tickets of four pack and unlimited rides as well.
Speaker 4: Oh that's great. Well, enjoy the Montgomery County Fair and the fair food is fantastic.
Speaker 2: Can't wait another chance of playing Win tomorrow morning, same time right here on ninety seven point one wash FM. Toby and Chile's Top stories are coming up next.
Speaker 1: Top Stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 4: President Trump's attempt to limit birthright citizenship has been halted by a second court. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled the order unconstitutional, citing the Fourteenth Amendment, and issued a nationwide injunction Columbia University is going to pay two hundred million dollar fine over allegations from the Trump administration that it discriminated against Jewish students. The move will restore hundreds of millions of dollars in federal grants. Purceville Vice Mayor Carl ben Nett and interim town manager Quasi Fraser were arrested yesterday after a state investigation. Both face felony charges tied to bid rigging and also miss use of official resources. Montgomery County Council has approved zoning change that will allow multifamily housing on single family lots along major roads. Now. Supporters they see it as a step toward more affordable housing, but critics fear that it could disrupt the character of their neighborhoods. The Leesburg community is rallying behind Leah Marie Johnson. She's a twenty two year old preschool teacher who's in a coma after she was hit by a car on her first day of vacation in Argentina. A GoFundMe has raised about a third of its one hundred and fifty thousand dollars goal to help cover the steep medical and transport costs, and according to recent survey, sixty one percent of parents say that meal times are one of the most or the few moments that they get their kids full attention. Okay. Thirty eight percent of parents say they feel pressured to make dinner meaningful, and common meal time struggles include picky eating, food complaints, and simply getting everybody at the table at once. Forecasts for today sunny skies, humid, highs around ninety three. Right now it is seventy in Oakton.
Speaker 2: All right, Toby's off, I'm kiddo'she from Good Morning Washington, speaking about meal time. What's your advice when it comes to teaching your kids' life skills like cooking for themselves? Chili's going through this right now with her son Donado, and she's getting a little frustrated. So we're gonna find out why. Next tomorrow. We've got a bunch of eighties music for you on our Best of the Eighties weekend, which kicks off at five o'clock with Sabrina Conti ninety seven point one Wash FM.
Speaker 3: It's Toby and Chilly in the morning. I'm kiddo'she.
Speaker 2: What is your advice when it comes to teaching your kids life skills like cooking for themselves chili.
Speaker 3: You're trying to do this right now with Donato.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's eleven years old, and I want to do for him what my husband never had done, which is he doesn't know how to cook. My husband cannot cook. Reheating food does not count as cooking. Okay, So I thought, you know, I'm going to start inviting my eleven year old into the kitchen while I'm making dinner so that he can see what it takes, you know, cutting stuff, Yeah, cooking, sautain what everything is called. And it's really been difficult because he wants no part of it, absolutely no part of it.
Speaker 2: It's not like those influencer videos that we see online where the mom's teaching the kid to cook and everything's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I roll my eyes at those because that's not my kid, okay. And also he intentionally will complain, whine, do it wrong, not pay attention to the point where it's very triggering and it annoys me. So I kick him out right, I'm like, you know what, just forget it. This is taking way too long. Forget it if you don't want to do this, and I and he gets what he wants in the end, right, he gets to go back to do whatever he was doing.
Speaker 3: And you're making dinner by yourself again, and no one's learned anything, and.
Speaker 4: He's going to have to be doing TV meals for the rest of his life. Yeah, his problem, not mine. No, But seriously, I'm not going to give up just yet. But I am curious whether you think it is a good idea or bad idea to cook with your kids. It's in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love this question. So eight six six nine two seven four three six one. If you've been through this and you have some advice for Chile on how it worked for you, or maybe it didn't and you just gave up, I'll let us know. Eight six six nine two seven four three sixty one. We'll get to some of your calls coming up in just a little bit here with Toby and Chilly in the morning.
Speaker 3: But next we have a crazy first date for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Laura in Germantown was on a romantic stroll with a guy when the unthinkable happened, something she cannot unsee, but then he acted like nothing happened. You'll find out what it was coming up in just a few minutes with Toby and Chilly in the morning on ninety seven point one way Chef Out.
Speaker 1: It's Toby and chillis crazy first Dates.
Speaker 4: Laura in Germantown is here with a crazy first date story. So tell us what happened.
Speaker 7: I was meeting up with the Sky and we went to this cute little Italian restaurant and.
Speaker 8: Everything starts out fine.
Speaker 1: We're getting along perfect.
Speaker 7: We get appetages, you both got pasta dish desr he picks up the bill.
Speaker 8: Then we start walking. We're walking along Georgetown Water and all of a sudden, he shoves me out of the way and he starts growing up everywhere. He threw up on somebody's steps, and I'm like, oh my gosh, what is going on? And then we just kept walking.
Speaker 7: Like nothing we had even happened. And then he throws up again, and he just was acting like nothing was going on, and then he wanted to go back to his house, and I was like, oh my gosh, uh, I'm not sure tonight. But then we did end up going on again.
Speaker 4: And why did you agree to go out with him again even though this very bizarre thing happened.
Speaker 7: Because other than that, he's a great guy. But obviously that's still leaders in the back of my head.
Speaker 4: And why didn't you ask him about it? Laura. It's one thing for him not to bring it up, but for you at some point, even maybe on the second date, be like, hey, what was that? Was that food poisoning? Like are you sick?
Speaker 7: I didn't want to kind of ruin things in cases. It's like he was just gonna be so familiar ahead.
Speaker 4: And whatever happened to this guy? Did you guys keep seeing each other?
Speaker 7: Yes, Suit said, and we're now married.
Speaker 4: And because you shared that crazy first date story with us, Laura, we'd love to send you to go see The Weekend at Northwest Stadium August second, thanks to our friends at Live Nation.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: I love the Weekend.
Speaker 4: And if you've got a crazy first date story like Laura, we would love to send you to go see The Jonas Brothers at Nationals Park August twelfth, Thanks to our friends at Live Nation. Call eight six six nine two seven four to three six one right now to become an instant finalist. Coming up in just a few minutes. We're gonna get you up to speed on all the news headlines with Toby and Chilli's Top stories on ninety seven point one wash.
Speaker 1: FF Top Stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 4: President Trump was reportedly informed by the Justice Department in May that his name appears in the Epstein files, but unverified hearsay, among hundreds of other names. This all comes after a Wall Street Journal story about a birthday letter from Trump to Epstein, which then led the President to file a twenty billion dollar lawsuit against the paper. A former manager at the Chinatown Walgreens in DC was sentenced to over twelve years in prison for helping orchestrate seven inside job robberies between twenty twenty three and early twenty twenty four. Police A Michael Robinson, passed cash, transferred details to his nephew, who then coordinated armed thefts with a third man. DC Council Chairman Phil Mendelssohn has reportedly reached a deal with the Washington Commanders to revise the financial terms of the proposed stadium agreement so now. The changes cleared the way for the Council to potentially vote on the deal within days following public hearings. The US park Police faced social media backlash after arresting four people Tuesday night in Logan and DuPont's circles for alcohol and marijuana offenses. Officials say they were just enforcing a federal crackdown, but critics called those arrests excessive. And Uber is launching a new women Preferences feature. This will allow women writers to request pre book or set a preference for women drivers. The feature is making its debut in La San Francisco and Detroit before being rolled out to the rest of the country. Forecast for today sonny and humid with highs around ninety three right now seventy one in Gaithersburg.
Speaker 2: And I'm kiddo'she from Good Morning Washington in for Toby. We need your help this morning. Chile is trying to teach her Sondnado how to cook for himself and running into some roadblocks, but we think you can help eight six six nine two seven four three sixty one. If you've been through this, we'll get some of your calls next. Thank you for starting your day with Toby and Chilly On ninety seven point one Wash FM two hours commercial free coming up at eight forty.
Speaker 3: I'm kidd O'Shea.
Speaker 2: What is your advice when it comes to teaching your kids' life' skied like cooking for themselves chili. You were telling us earlier, you're running into some roadblocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my son is eleven, and I'm trying to get him to learn how to make some basic dishes because I think it is an important life skill. He wants no part of it. I mean, he complains the whole time. He intentionally will you know, do something to upset me. The process takes twice as long as it should, and of course I end up getting frustrated and just saying, never mind, just get out of the kitchen.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I mean, is it a good idea to cook with your kids?
Speaker 2: Well, Jill in Fairfax City is standing by eight six six nine two seven four three six 's one Jill, you say.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's important to cook with your kids because it kind of makes them feel like an adult. And on top of that, the earlier they learn a life skill, even if it's dangerous, the better they will be at it when they get older.
Speaker 4: I agree, which is the reason I'm trying to get to learn the stuff in the first place.
Speaker 2: You've never heard him say, mom, let's do more in the kitchen. Derek and Rockville, welcome to the conversation, do you cook with your kids in the kitchen?
Speaker 6: Nope, not a chance. I need to have everything exactly the way I need it, and I love my kids, but they mess everything up. They're still little and having them in the kitchen with me is just a bit too much for me to handle when I'm trying to cook.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I think we've learned a lesson here. Yeah, you need to start an account and call it the door Dash account because your children were never going to learn how to make food for themselves.
Speaker 1: Want more, Toby and Jilly head over to washefm dot hom or the iHeartRadio app.