Speaker 1: We are getting ready for Game three in San Diego the NLDS and we're here with Dodger catcher Will Smith, Will number one. Thank you so much for the time. Appreciate it, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You've been in there. You've been part of postseason games for a long time now in your career. Can you just describe the emotions between these two teams so far in this series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been you know, two exciting games. We are able to get the first one they took yesterday from us, but you know, back out there today, I guess for Game three.
Speaker 1: It always feels like, and I've heard Dave Roberts say this, the momentum of a series starts with your starting pitcher. Do you feel that same way as well?
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, for sure. You know, it's it's important to get off to a good start in the game. You want to jump on their guy, put us some runs first.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I know you're a guy that doesn't really show his emotions too much. How do you handle a hostile environment like you're going to face tonight in San Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I always enjoy it. I love when Krawser, rowdy love and Dodger stadiums like that. It's it's fun. Uh you know, I just try to embrace it, you don't, You just just embrace That's how I go about it. Just enjoy it and go out there compete.
Speaker 1: How important is it for the Dodgers yourself included, not to try to get baited by anything. Uh As far as emotions from that side of the field.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know. I think you know, we're gonna have emotions. We're gonna show emotions. It's the playoffs. It's it's fun, it's exciting, it's stressful, it's it's it's you know, it's what we play for all your longs to play in these games. So uh, you know, we're gonna out there play our game. And uh yeah.
Speaker 1: I know you were one of the players that kind of organized the team being together and eliminating you know, outside distractions. Was the purpose of that for moments like this, because you will face adversity in any playoffs series. It's never going to be easy.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean, you know, we spend a lot of time with each other all year long. I think it was more about just staying in a routine at the field, standing in a full mindset instead of you know, really checking out for a few days. So you know, that's kind of what the watch party is about. Yeah, it's I don't know, it's really not as much as it's made out the scene. It was just you know, as watching baseball and eating food.
Speaker 1: So yeah, what's the biggest key in your mind for you guys to be able to win two more games?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just gonna go there and next cute. You know, we gotta put together good at bats, drive guys in. We gotta do that and obviously pictures used to go out there and execute. You know, yesterday they took advantage of us just by you know, hitting homers on our mistakes. So you know, kudos of them. They they jumped on him. We didn't.
Speaker 1: So yeah, what's the biggest thing for Walker Buehler? I know, the first inning he said, is very important. Maybe you guys score could score a run in the top half of the first and for him to put a zero up in that first inning, certainly with quiet this crowd. What's the biggest key to help him get through the game tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just gotta get him settled in yeah, looking for stuff, finding out what's working, you know, just going to their and executing pitches. Yeah, obviously we want to put up a few runs in the first inning and put up a zero. That'll definitely help. So that's kind of a no brainer.
Speaker 1: I know it can't just be Otani, but it's got to be all of you, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure, it's it's it's all twenty six guys in the roster. That's that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time. I really appreciate it. We get you out of here clean and certainly looking forward to a Dodger win tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, let's do it.