Speaker 1: Spring changed into summer, summer changed back into winter, and winter gave spring and summer to miss and went straight on into autumn.
Speaker 2: Well that's weather in the city of Cincinnati and in greater Cincinnati area. Thank you, just trick for that SoundBite. Oh beautiful, excuse me, been apologizing a lot for clearing my voice here on the fifty five Hearse Morning Show. Brin Thomas happy to be here in spite to my uh ongoing and continuous coughing and hacking. I'll do my best to hit the cough button and stop that from happening. But I feel fine. It's just that everybody's got it knows exactly what I'm talking about. Time I run into somebody. Ohiah, I've got it to three weeks now, I still have that cough. Yes, I know, Lord knows what that's all about. Anyhow, I love hearing from you, whether you've got a call or not, so feel free to call the Morning Show today five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk down five fifty on AT and T phones, and of course, as always, remember fifty five care Sea dot com. When you cannot listen live you want to hear it again. Judge Nita Polaitano Biden's lust for war yesterday A nice sort of continuing conversation from the conversation I had with Daniel Davis the prior day, which you can also find a fifty five care sea dot com on the deteriorating situation going on in Ukraine and Russia. I State Representative Jennifer Groszer in the program yesterday. She returned to talk about the Ohio vote for news Speaker, which we've got now apparently unanimous decision.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 2: We'll get to more details on that a little bit. Buckeye Institute licensing requirements and the Ohio Energy Program, A couple of great things going on from the Buckeye Institute. Was great hearing from them, and you should definitely listen to the podcast on that if you are interested. Plus Hamilton County property owners, hold on, I'm in it. We'll get to that local story here in the first segment. Remember the property Remember thirty years ago when they built what was then I guess, Paul Brown Stadium. And you're all promised, and oh, we swear to God up and down, you're gonna get a property tax roll back.
Speaker 3: Just pay for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, Yeah, they never really quite made good on that, did they. Well, still talking about today as we negotiate. I suppose negotiations are going on behind the scenes with the Brown family over all the upgrades and obligations that we, the Hamilton County taxpayer, will have for the now pay course stadium, which I still have trouble speaking out loud. Pay course, this doesn't sound right anyway. I'll refer to it as Paul Brown Stadium as long as I damn well feel like it anyhow. Fifty five Casey dot com for all the details, and remember tonight's tonight for the Elvis thing. Empower Youamerica dot org is where you log in for that a show with two twenty five North and Boulevard and enjoy a nice conversation, some more dervs, some food and entertainment from a live band featuring in Elvis impersonator if you are so inclined, that's going on tonight starting at six point thirty, and you can get details again empower Youoamerica dot org or fifty five cars dot com. I think there's a link up there on my blog page for that one as well. Whatever coming up in the fifty five cars see Morning Show, The Return of Donovan and Neo Americans, Prosperity, High State Senate Leader and Speaker. Again we're talking about that looks like the dust is settled in No Blue twenty two things going on at least thus far, although I understand there's another step in the process which could lead them out to some weird results, but it's unlikely to happen now. Bob wetter or mister Humanitarian and Solf returns at seven fifty to talk about the wish Tree. It's that time of year. Wish trees are up all over the place. Get yourself one of the ornaments off the wish tree and make some under well someone living on life's margins, someone who is.
Speaker 3: Not doing well out in the world.
Speaker 2: They need size, they need a coat, they would like a nice maybe brand new toy or something. It's hanging on the wish tree. It's your way to help out someone right here in our area. It's a beautiful humanitarian effort that Bob started like thirty years ago, and I'm happy to promote that here in the Morning Show. Bob's a really great guy. And if you've ever been to the Christmas Listener Lunches, which is going to be the first Wednesday of December at Pricel Chili. I feel very confident I'll find out today if Bob's going to be there dressed as Santa Claus, which he does every single year, of course, to promote.
Speaker 3: The Wish Tree.
Speaker 2: Darryl Harnsgi with the book The Rise of Blue Anon, joins the program at eight five, and I love my Thursdays. If for no other reason, I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe Spirit Airlines filing for chapter eleven. We got an air traffic controller ordering an American Airlines flight to expedite a climb.
Speaker 3: To avoid mountains.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm really curious about that one. I don't think we should need to rely on our air traffic And course the controllers tell a pilot to pull up to avoid running into a mountain, I'd like to think the pilot's on board, you know, aware enough of that reality to do it himself. Anyway, Another reason that we do want pilots in the cockpit as opposed to perhaps artificial intelligence. Well maybe not, maybe this is an argument for it. Anyway, That's what happens with Jay Ratliffe. Also Southwest Airlines playing in Dallas struck by gunfire. I brought that up the other day because to scare the living hell out of me. It's one thing if it happens in Haiti, where there is like constant civil unrest. It has been a deplorable state of reality in Haiti for as long as my lifetime and longer. Go ahead and blame colonization or whatever. They have never been able to get their act together in Haiti, and it continues to be a deteriorating situation, overrun by gangs and mob rule. Literally anarchy, at least a form of it. So I can understand on some level that a plane might get shot, but when it happens to Dallas, that really worries me. Flight canceled and out of service for days after one hundred and thirty hamsters escape. That's coming up at eight to thirty. You got to wait around for that. If you can't listen live, remember to go to fifty five KRCI dot com where they'll get your heart media app. I don't know nothing about Richard Gere in the little summary that I have on my rundown Joe perhaps having something to do with the flight cancelation. Oh you mean the Hamster. There's a connection with the hamsters. Oh, oh yeah, I do remember something about that when I was a young person. I wonder how many people might listening audience have any idea what you just brought up, Joe, you think most of them do?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I have nowhere to go this morning. I have everywhere and nowhere to go. I really wasn't quite sure what I would be focusing on. So let us turn back to this property tax now. The Hemlon County commissioners are talking about the property tax roll back and it's likely, according to Scott Wartman from the Choir, it's likely we may be getting a little bit more back from the stadium sales tax next year than this year. According to proposals from the county administration. However, taxpayers could get even more. Two of the three Hemilton County commissioners expressed the desire to give back the full amount promised thirty years ago. Wow, wait for it, it may come. Commissioners apparently going to be voting today on what we the property tax owners in Hamilton County are going to get. We could, or rather would get a rebate of sixty two dollars and fifty cents per one hundred thousand dollars of property, which is a one hundred and fifteen percent increase from this year when we actually got thirty one dollars and forty five cents per one hundred thousand. Increased property values, of course, led to the higher proposal, cording of the Hamilton County spokes when bridget A Daugherty against speaking with the Inquirer, with the county commissioners in twenty twenty three approved this year's rebate, they estimated the value would be forty three dollars and seventy cents per one hundred thous actually amount ended up being less because of the soaring property values, which seems counterintuitive to me. Property tax rebate percentages based on the total sales tax revenue, meaning the larger the overall property value, the smaller amount for each property owner, which to me just translated to this is a promise that was made thirty decades ago. Whatever the amount is, how come we don't get it all back as we were promised originally? Anyway, we should get one hundred and six dollars almost one hundred and seven dollars per one hundred grand if the commissioners gave the full stadium sales tax rebate that was promised thirty years ago. And thank you Scott Wartman from the EDGUAR for reminding your readers that prior to voters approving the half cent sales tax that paid for that monstrosity that is paying now pay Course Stadium, and of course the Great American Ballpark, which I approve of more than pay Corpse Stadium. Beyond that, heven kind of commissioners pledged the rebate to taxpayers thirty percent of the sales tax proceeds every year, but it was not written down. It was just a promise from politicians. So sucks to be you. That's why we haven't gotten the full rebate as originally promised. Don't vote for something unless it's written down and in writing, formalized and guaranteed, so le action can be brought if they fail to make good on the promises that they've made to us. Any year, let's see year sales tax revenue from the first thirteen years between nineteen ninety seven and twenty ten made enough money to give back the full amount and cover the obligations on the two stadiums. However, we've only received the full thirty percent back three times since twenty eleven. Now here's the only reason I kind of want to dwell on this. And folks outside Hamlin County area like, wait, we don't care about this, Yeah you do. You know why. It's the point that's brought up in the article. So that this budget hearing earlier this week was on Tuesday, Commissioner Stephanie Summer Dumas and Alisha Reese, we're talking about giving back the full thirty percent, which, of course, again it was promised to us thirty years ago. She apparently Alisha Reese has been advocating for a long time for a full thirty percent, and good for her plans on introducing this resolution today for the full rebate. Now she's done this before and again props to her, Well you haven't gotten at least she's made the effort now for her part, Stephanie Dumas asked the administration to look at using are you ready people outside of Hamilton County as well as in using federal pandemic relief dollars that the county still has to give back the full thirty percent, saying and I quote, it would be really I would be really excited about that. It has said many times people are struggling and everything is going up. What the hell see, I've gone back to this COVID relief money that just literally trillions that I have chucked out into the world. You know, what it was was a simple ability for cities all around the United States to take taxpayer dollars from the four core owners of the United States, people that had nothing to do with running up massive deficits, massive pension liabilities, massive promises from government, massive huge holes in fiscal budgets that these left wing Democrat cities, with all their promises and all their showering of gifts down on literally everybody, they dug themselves a hole they could never get out of. And lo and behold, COVID comes along. Oh my god, We've got to throw money at literally everything under the sun. Magically, all these different projects get funded. We're using COVID relief money, We're using COVID relief money, We're using pandemic relief money. Federal pandemic relief dollars are going to give the Hamilton County voters who paid for a damned stadium on the promise that we get the money back from local government. No, it took somebody in Poughkeepsie, Iowa, as I pick as a random city in America, taxpayer dollars from them through the federal government, through the creation of pandemic relief dollars that flowed down like a man of from heaven on every city to pay off the damn stadium and give us the credit that we were promised decades ago. That should piss everyone off. It clearly does me, and I wonder if they'd even be having this discussion today, the Hamilin County commissioners if there weren't federal pandemic dollars left over five nineteen right now, if you five krcity talk station, feel free to call chime in. You can feel free to vent your splining this morning. I'm open for it regardless, So hope you can stick around. Be right back.
Speaker 5: As Trump makes his pick and I were not politicians, the left fields dicked.
Speaker 4: There will be pushback.
Speaker 6: Nobody who President Trump nomine is just going to get sixty votes.
Speaker 3: Businessman, no business being in that position. Most of the people.
Speaker 6: Making these decisions, from healthcare to the Department of Defense are failing on effectiveness.
Speaker 5: Because they have no accountability to come join the conversation.
Speaker 7: I love the fact that Trump is appointing businessman.
Speaker 8: We're never going to find the perfect candidate.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Time for the nine first warning weather forecast goofy weather conditions today.
Speaker 3: It just sounds by opening up.
Speaker 2: The morning show, so you got a winter remix with snow at times this morning, roads are made wet, they won't get accumulations too warm on the ground. Thirty three this morning, the thirty six for the high later today overcasts breezy, windy snow resumes after three pm, and it will be heavy at times. They're suggesting overnight little of thirty with scattered snow showers and some slick spots posted along the road. Tomorrow, winter remix in the morning, light rain afterwards, and I have forty three overnight down to thirty seven with mostly cloudy skies and on Saturday, mostly clouds during the day in a high up fifty Right now, it's forty degrees. If you give out a KERCB talk.
Speaker 4: Station, winter is coming.
Speaker 2: Stating me obvious, you know that's a true statement, even in August or June.
Speaker 3: Eventually it is.
Speaker 2: With no place in particular to go this morning and no guideposts leading me the way. Feel free to call if you care to. Two things. I don't care about celebrities. I normally don't and I usually don't read about them. But it looks like some of them are at least making good on their promises to leave America. In the aftermath of Donald Trump getting elected, somebody said Robert de Niro was leaving, and I was really happy about that one. Not a huge fan, and what an idiot, but you know, you open your mouth and say what you wanted your own when you're all right whatever. Anyway, Ellen DeGeneres has left. She has fled to England as a consequence of the presidential electional there's some said she was already there anyway, kicked out of show business basically for being a pretty much genuine jerk in terms of her workplace environment on her prior television shoe. She and her wife Portia de Rossi have moved to rural England. So there's one down and then moving over. Jaguar, Jaguar struggling mightily, you know, in terms of the world of automobiles. I always kind of liked the look of Jags, but they came along with a pretty terrible reputation. Catching on fire was one of them. I had a friend who's actually a fraternity brother Order for Brother, owned a couple of Jaguars. Both of them burned up completely internal combustion other spontaneous combustion. Anyway, they debuted a brand new advertising, failing to learn from the mistakes of bud Light and getting a lot of backlash on social media under the slogan copy nothing to thirty second video featuring androgynist models, including a guy in a skirt, promoting the next generation of electric vehicles. Maybe it goes hand in hand with EVS. You draw your own conclusions on that men wearing skirts drive evs. That's a takeaway. Is that the target market?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 2: The compound and the frustration that I have just generally speaking with this type of marketing. There isn't a model of the car featured. They don't show cars. It is nothing on vehicles. It reminds you of literally every insurance company that runs ads like the Duck or the EMU or whatever, what are you blanking selling? Why would that draw you to a phone and make you want to call up to discuss insurance when you've just got this idiot running around telling you nothing about the product they're selling. Okay, now you've got a bunch of I don't know, transgender, androgyness whatever I mean. You can't even draw a conclusion to whether the men or women dressed in these bright, flowing colors trying to push you to call up or go to your Jaguar dealership to get one of their brand new evs. How does this work? Am I that old that I don't understand marketing these days? Or am I just maybe too common sense to think if you're trying to sell a product, you might want to point to its features. It's the blessings of owning one why it's important that you might want to choose a Jackaguar electric vehicle over one of the multitude of other ones that exist out in the world. Now we got half a dozen weird looking people just in flowing robes, waving at the camera telling you, well, create exuberant, live, vivid, delete ordinary break molds. I'm gonna guess this won't work out very well for Jaguar. Not my problem wasn't in the market for one in the first place. But I gotta say, over the years at least from the body and the look of the cars. They've made some pretty cool cars over the years. Six six Cam is on the line. Hang on, Cam, I'd love to talk to you, but I'm out of time in this segment. Just looked up at the clock as I am a little late. I'll be right back though.
Speaker 3: This is what's happening. Stay current mass deportation back. That's not going to happen on my watch.
Speaker 9: RFK, the Department of Health.
Speaker 3: Big Farmer, and big Food, very concerned. Fifty nine care I see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the talk station. I don't know why my weather tends to temperature disappears from time to time on my info screen. Here over the phones we go, Cam, thank you so much for holding over the break. Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Friday, Eve, Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 10: I'm on the topic of taxpayer front of government programs. I have a group that I've belonged to there in the Carolina area.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 10: The situation, as they say, hasn't really improved that much. Temperatures that part of the country kind of cold, and yet we still have people living in tents. Can my attention. There's FEMA is there, but they really haven't shown what they could. I guess what it's possible, but it does take me back to a time when Katrina happened and they had trailers available for those it don't need a shelter, so I'll just leave that. Brian, you're very good at at pointing things out. So I'm glad you're in good health and you have a good day, sir.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Camin thanks for bringing that back up to the top, because yes, there are people still struggling in the airframath of a hurricane. How quickly do you think a house can be rebuilt? Hell, in the best possible conditions, Like you know, pick a like right here, Hamilton County, go ahead, call builder right now. How long is it going to take you to your house built? You you get a hurricane that comes through, wipes everything out, it's gone history, and you're in a rural environment, and you're surrounded by other homeowners, well former homeowners, people who've been impacted by disaster. Everything's wiped out. How many contractors will it take to address the needs of those people, and how many of those people actually have the financial means to have their homes repaired? How many people had flood insurance. I mean in the mountains of around ash North Carolina, some of those beautiful country in the United States of America. I did one of my favorite memories in my life, the motorcycle trips. My uncle and I used to take.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 2: You go out for three or four days and just ride and ride. And we went down through you know, the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had tailor the Dragon multiple times, drive around the Chira Hall Skyway and all around that area. It's just epic beautiful. If I had a home then, I used to watch poetic about that. The one place I always used to say, I'd love to live in the mountains of western North Carolina outside of Asheville, someplace when I retire. Would I have ever thought about getting flood insurance. Now, look how high up you are, man, Well, I'll tell you it happens. Those people are without. And that's where FEMA is supposed to step up to the plate and really help provide for disaster where disaster hits, in disaster in a way that you really can't imagine planning ahead.
Speaker 11: Four.
Speaker 2: I have less sympathy for someone living on the beach in Florida. Hurricanes happens all the time. You know it's going to happen. It just becomes a question of when.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: It's not to say that I don't feel for people who like Inland, like my friend Laura down there and Jim, who were coming in this weekend. I mean, they didn't have the they're living in like four or five miles. They got walloped and now they got bills to page that they can't manage. Someone started to go fundme page for him, and you know, and thank God for the people who donated, including me. You know, I had to give him some money because I love them. Ill prepared, so many people were and ignored. I mean, how many reports we read about Femis showing up with a seven hundred and fifty dollars check. Meanwhile, with twenty million illegal immigrants having stormed the gates of our southern end, even northern borders of the past four, five, six, seven, eight and years, they get to live in luxury hotels, they get snap cards or whatever. They're fed their clothes, they're sheltered. These schools are overwhelmed with brand new kids that come in and overwhelm resources that your taxpayer dollars are covering. They can't speak English, meaning that while we're all directed at trying to manage that dealing with the volume of children alone, trying to manage trying to teach them, while your kids are like sending in the corner going well, wait a minute, what about me? I thought I was supposed to be learning mathematics today or something. I mean, the world's upside down, it's turned on top of its head. Please don't forget about those folks, the extent you can help out, because clearly this is the time when you have to realize and I think it's an important point to make here, most notably with regard to FEMA. There's a finite amount that government can accomplish on any subject matter. But if you're thinking that government is going to be the one provider for you, that is the fail safe that exists out there, that will just cover you in all times, will satisfy your needs in the worst possible times. I got a bridge. I want to sell you five point thirty six fifty five krs. The talk stations stick around plenty more talking about stack. It's stupid coming up Otherwise, phone calls. I'd love to hear from you if you have a comment, so feel free to do that, but stick around right back after the news.
Speaker 3: It's the return of.
Speaker 13: Belder, richer, safer and stronger.
Speaker 3: So return and return control to the people.
Speaker 5: Two three, four times today for the return American come Back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: The Talk station Red Scans the reds Pick six plan presented by Penn Station is on Sun Happy Friday Eve.
Speaker 2: Gonna go to the phone three five and three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk go one pound fifty five to fifty on AT and T phone, hit Kenco re Fop President on the program. You actually listened to the segment We decided we knew how to fix the problem with violent crime with juveniles, one of which you need to get in touch with your uh your prosecutors, get in touch with the judges, your elected officials, and tell them to be tough on crime. Just trek are print out like five pages of arraignments in bond hearings, and all these liberal judges strangle somebody and get an own recognizance, bond, possessing of weapons on a disability, felonious assault, breaking and entering own recognizance, unrecognizance, own recognizance. Unrecognizance therein lives one of the problems inherent in the system. Yes, you voted for that. Thank you for calling this morning. Welcome in the Morning Show.
Speaker 12: Tomorrow, Brian.
Speaker 6: I wanted to call in and ask your thoughts on s to since you're in the media this latest congress man comall claim a congressman, first transgender woman out of Delaware in Biden's area into the Senate, and we had this Nancy Mace had to initiate the bill for federal bathrooms that you had to use the same bathrooms as your side sex. And I keep hearing the media. I won't name the source that I was watching last night, sure, but they keep referring.
Speaker 1: To him as a he.
Speaker 6: So I feel like these commentators in this media and that they keep perpetuating this nonsense wokensm even though they were you know, against it, or they you know, they were along the lines of the thinking of myself, yeah, on how ridiculous it is, But they still continue to refer to he as a she.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I don't understand list if it's a duck walks like a duck, duck gets a duck. So I don't know why they don't address the real issue and just call it what is, what he is or what she is, and get rid of the pronoun stuff. It's stupid. I want to know what your thoughts are.
Speaker 4: On that, hy Larry.
Speaker 3: You know what I'll do.
Speaker 2: I will refer you because you know how much anyway lives is the Wall and listens to me in the morning knows I love the Wall Street Journal because of the excellence in the reporting and the wonderful opinion pieces they offer today, I, sir, will refer you to John Mascow, who wrote a op at a piece called shy Conservatives keep the Left in its bubble subtitled Otherwise reasonable people believe crazy things because nobody dares challenge them. Here's the fundamental problem, boiled down for your particular point is everybody in the media has just embraced this nonsense. Going back to you, if it walks like a duck, if it looks like a duck, it's a damn duck. Look down. Is there a male genitalia present right there?
Speaker 3: It's a man. It's a man man.
Speaker 2: And they can claim that they believe themselves to be a woman. And I do not argue with that. How can I argue with what someone's own perception and owned mindset believes. I'm a more traditionalist along those lines. I believe that that necessitates perhaps some counseling rather than enabling. But we live in a world where the media has enabled this. The loudest, squeakiest wheels get the grease, and my friend and we have been dominated by the loudest, squeaky wheels from the farthest left corners of the political and I might underscore social spectrum for so long now that nobody will challenge it. You, sir, just challenged it. And as far as I'm concerned, you make a valid point. Now do I care that that elected official believes that he is as she? No, I don't care. But you see what's happened because of her his individual belief systems. We now have a fundamental problem that's intersected with normal social reality, which is X and Y chromosomes and acts and X. You have well, see this is the time when I run into sec compliance problems. You have the concept and Christopher Smithman brought this up, believe because he's concerned about his daughter and maybe illegal rants murdering our You have the idea that an eight year old it's going to be in a bathroom and some forty five year old man who believes that he is a woman.
Speaker 3: Is going to have.
Speaker 2: Jenna Talia hanging out in the room. And maybe, just maybe he really doesn't believe he's a woman. He just wants to be in the bathroom with your eight year old five point forty six. If you five K City Doc Station, feel free to disagree. That's what the program's all about, but feel free to speak about it, and don't be shy about pointing out something like that. Because I am a biological traditionalist. I believe in science, and I understand and believe in chromosomal reality. But I also understand we live in a world filled with a diverse group of different people. That's the beauty of living in America. Judy Carre, fireplace stove, got to take care of right now, your safety, think safety. Ah, today's a day wintertime descending upon us. We're gonna get some snow, it's gonna be slick out there, it's gonna be cold. You're gonna want to light a fire, and you're gonna want to enjoy the beautiful warmth and glow of the fire. But did you take care of your safety yet? That's what chimney Care, fireplace and stove it was all about comfort and safety is to think safety first before you enjoy the comfort, so you can enjoy it with peace of mind knowing that you don't have a carbon monoxide problem. You don't have a well, my chimney is on fire problem because you failed to get your chimney swept on a regular basis, get it inspected from the professionals. A chimney Care fireplace and still the best in the business, been around since nineteen eighty eight award winners across the board, A plus the Better Business Bureau and well maybe even prevented my house from burning to the ground. I would like to point that out. I got the inspection many years ago. Found out the old firebox I got when I built the house was a builder spsil, cheap garbage thing, and he had the event problem, meaning heat was building up behind it whenever I used it. Gas it is, but it's still represented a fire hazard. So out with the old, in with the new. Architecturally much more beautiful ties the room together quite nicely and technologically off the charts advance. I absolutely love it. Maybe you've got a wood burner. They have in search for wood burners. You can get a self feeding wood waste pellet stove installed. Have it installed now, enjoy it all winter long, but at least have the inspection, and while they're there, have your dryer event cleaned out. Ask yourself a question, when's the last time my dry event was cleaned out? If you can't answer that question, I guarantee you it needs to be cleaned out. You're paying too much to dry your clothes. It takes longer to do it when the dryer's clogged, and you also have that carbon monoxide and potential fire hazard issues, so haven't take care of that as well. Online learn about all the things that they can do for you. It's Chimneycareco dot com. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Tom Bryan said, how man you call for your appointment five to one, three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 4: It's the Marketers.
Speaker 2: No whiner remix this morning, wet roads although no icy roads, but please still be careful out there. Later today overcast, breezy, windy show snow showing up after three pm. Heavy ad times. I have thirty six over night little thirty with scattered snow showers and some slick spots on the road. Winterymixed Tomorrow morning light rain afterwards with a higher forty three or night mostly cloudy thirty seven for the low and on Saturday mostly cloudy skies with the high fifty forty degrees. Right now, time for traffic from.
Speaker 4: The UC Holt Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Get personalized education and treatment options from the experts at U see health.
Speaker 4: Learn more at UCHealth dot com.
Speaker 9: Stop found seventy five crews are working with an accident on the ramp till westbound two seventy five.
Speaker 4: Left side of.
Speaker 9: The ramp is currently blocked off for a tow truck to get a semi out of the grass down the left side. You can still squeeze by on the right. They were fifty five they talk station.
Speaker 2: Five fifty three fifty five karosite talk station. Going to jump straight through the phones. Got a couple of callers online a few minutes left from the segment, So let's begin with CJ, who's been on line longer. CJ, thanks for calling this morning, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning to you.
Speaker 14: You know, last night Russia launched an i CBM into Ukraine, and I am probably far to the right of most people in about Ukraine.
Speaker 1: I have no problems of arming them.
Speaker 14: The problem with this is is it's the same story with every Democrat who comes into office, is that they never tell the Russians what the red line is until after they hit that red line, and it just creates more escalation after more escalation, after more escalation, after more escalation. When Reagan was in office, there was absolutely no doubt that if they did anything in Poland, every gain or winning to Afghanistan, we would not allow it. And the same thing was.
Speaker 1: True throughout George W.
Speaker 14: Bush kind of allowed to have this start with Georgia in no response, in not giving a true statement on it. Obama was a complete disaster with Crimea. And that is why you have to have a president that people are a little scared of internationally, like a Trump and like a Reagan, because otherwise they will take complete advantage of us, especially when they feel we are weak as we are right now, as they did in eight and Georgia because of Iraq. And also Obama just didn't even give a crap about Crimea and just gave the Ukrainians a bunch of blankets.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a good point. I don't even know what our goal is there in Ukraine anymore?
Speaker 3: Do we have a goal?
Speaker 12: Is there?
Speaker 3: An outline?
Speaker 7: Is there?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 2: And you know, in arming a country and allowing arms to be sold to we will call an ally. The Ukraine isn't an enemy of ours, obviously not a member of NATO. But if they're dealing with challenges from an invading empire that we aren't friends and cozy with and allowing them to buy arms and defend themselves, don't necessarily have a problem with that conceptually. The broader problem exists when we are there operating the arms and the armaments and launching offensive action into the invading country that makes us a party to the war, and when that other side, in this case Russia, has nuclear weapons, it creates a bit of an existential problem for the United States. I like to have an outlining policy up front, But the biggest problem I see with this escalation going on in Ukraine is that we're there in country on the ground, operating these longer range missiles and dropping them into a nuclear power country or a nuclear weapons owning country. Somebody can figure out the reality on the ground over there and come up with a solution.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 2: I welcome it. And maybe Donald Trump has it. He keeps saying he's gonna lay hands on the whole problem, make it go away. I will admit to being a little skeptical about that statement. I haven't seen it outlined on paper. I haven't seen it explained away. I haven't seen the you know, the steps that Donald Trump is gonna take. Other than I will acknowledge and agree with you, sir, that he does represent a bit more of a problem for our enemies abroad because he's much more of a loose cannon when it comes to those things. You really don't know quite what Donald Trump's gonna do, and that seemed to have worked for him during the four years he was president of the United States. We'll see what the next four brings us New Hampshire, Gary, Hang on, brother, if you don't mind holding over the break. I'm looking forward to having you back on the show. I got a break though. It's five point fifty seven fifty five KR City Talk Station.
Speaker 8: Your voice for reasonable America.
Speaker 3: Anyway, fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 15: Brought to you by the Capital One Quicksilver Card as a founding partner of Iheard Women's Sports Network.
Speaker 2: See the talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Friday. He has I like to refer to Thursdays. Feel free to call them and jump in the phones here in a moment. But first off the number five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or hit pound five fifty on AT and T phone seven thirty. Donovan ONEO returns talk about the Ohio Senate Leader and speaker as he will be followed by Bob Wetter or mister Humanitarian himself for the Wish Tree. It's in full. It's the Wist Trees are out there. It's that charitable time of year. Get an ornament off of one of the wist trees are at located, They're at businesses and all over town. Thanks to the efforts of Bob and those involved in the Wist Tree. There are folks out there on life's margins that would really truly enjoy a nice little gift, and many of them just kind of regular items that you and I take for granted. So find an ornament, grab it by the gift and bring it back to wherever you got the ornament from, or get in touch with the Wis Tree.
Speaker 3: They'll pick it up. Eight o five.
Speaker 2: Fast forward to Dave Dave Harsh signing you with the book The Rise of Blue Anon, and then a bunch of fun and games with iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay rattlif at eight thirty. Lots of fun stories on that list, at least for my judgment.
Speaker 3: Go to the phones.
Speaker 2: We will thank you New Hampshire, Gary for holding up the break. Welcome back to the program, my friend, Thank you.
Speaker 12: Brian Hey. I was just reviewing YouTube and pulled up a commercial of this is an apple. You can call it a banana, but it's still an apple. I think somebody was watching the CNN on earlier. You know, I couldn't help but to think, oh, yeah, we know exactly why they're doing what they're doing. When they call somebody ah and the sheet taken make you believe that a man is a woman. They can make you believe anything, so they think. Second second thing is I was on listening to your Ukraine gentleman, who was talking about Ukraine and the missiles and it's just so happened. I pulled up Thomas Massey on x and it seems like just yesterday the Biden administration proposed HJ Resolution two twenty four, which they're trying to gift four point six five billion dollars worth of debt to the Ukraine. So that's taxpayer. So it's the first entry on Thomas Matsey on his ex on Twitter.
Speaker 2: And let me guess we're projecting into my mind what I think Thomas Massey might have said about that.
Speaker 3: He's not a fan of doing that.
Speaker 12: Oh, oh, no way, He's kind to let them know. But I think there's a circle in this that we give money and weapons and we grieve all the poems over here that defense contractors who give money to Congress and to the Biden administration, and it funnels down and then we give that money to Ukraine, and then we forgive the money that goes to Ukraine, and Ukraine gives the money back to Congress. It's a money mixed machine all the way around.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, yes, it's absurd that it actually exists. It's one thing, like I said before, if you have a country out there on the globe or in the globe that doesn't manufacture its own weapons is being attacked by an outside force that not friendly terms with the United States. In other words, one of our enemies, either from an economic standpoint or literally from a war standpoint, selling weaponry to that particular country might be a good thing, and why not allow them to defend themselves, Like I believe in the Second Amendment. Right, I don't care whether Republican or Democrat, is a communist or whatever. You should have the right to buy and keep and bear arms for your own personal defense whatever.
Speaker 3: So let them buy them.
Speaker 2: But it's another thing for us to go through this circuitous Oh my god, the f SEC is just running headlong into my reality this morning, in my head. Anyway that you say you're going to let them buy them and then end up forgiving them the debt that they owe you for the purchase. In the first place, we're just handing over taxpayer dollars and there is an unlimited demand out there, and there's an unlimited number of hands that want to reach into the American taxpayer cookie jar. And go back even further and ask yourself, wait a second, what's the point of this exercise?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: I mean I feel sorry for the folks in Ukraine, but you know what, the reality from a political and emotional and ethnic standpoint is there a hell of a lot of people that live in Ukraine that are sympathetic and want to be part of Russia. I mean, I think of California. Look coming to Californians want to break away from the state of California. I have no problem with them trying to do that. California doesn't represent their values. Yet their taxpayer dollars are stolen from them and spent in San Francisco and a bunch of left wing, nonsensical policies. Please, Dear God, let me out. Fortunately, we have the bit in freedom to travel in this country. But I imagine there's so many impoverished Ukrainians out there that still sympathize with the Russians. They can't get out. They are where they are, They've been their generation after generation, and yet their whole political climate has changed over the years. World War two have to kick in. You had World War One to deal with you, the division of all those different countries into at Yalta, where FDR sold out much of Eastern Europe. I mean, the world's a complicated place. There are no simple solutions, But I want to know what our goal? What is our policy objective? What in the hell are we hoping to accomplish by throwing billions of dollars of American taxpayer money when we're already thirty four trillion dollars in the hall at a war?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Thanks Gary, Yep, buddy.
Speaker 2: Got me wound up, man, It's easy to do anymore. We'll see what Bobby's got this morning, Bobby Walker in the Morning Show. And Happy Friday, Eve to you.
Speaker 8: Happy Thursday, my brother. I got a couple of things I'd like to coint out. I don't give a plant about California, New Jersey, all these other states. I'm concerned about the state of Ohio right now, and we can't even be honest about it. Sanctuary cities. People don't want to say anything about Cincinnati because their paycheck may be involved. Dayton, Columbus. What kind of government do we have? Mike the Wines as surrogates, They're nothing but blue lobbyist. Has he ever made a decision about JD. Van's replacement? See what I'm saying. I'm concerned about my own state right now, and we can't even take care of it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, one could even make the argument that I'm concerned about my own city or my own township, my own neighborhood. I mean, the problems just get bigger and broader and more challenging as you move away from your local community and outward. That's what we elect people to deal with, Bobby. But they're supposed to deal with these challenges, as difficult as they may be. You're right on the silence from Columbus. I've been just baffled by the reality going on in Columbus, Ohio for years now. You think it'll be simple to solve the problems along a more conservative, you know philosophy, which is what Republicans typically offer, you know, smaller government, cracking down on illegal behavior, dealing with these challenges, you'd expect the craziness from left wingers, but that's not what we've elected in Ohio. We've been a red state for a long time, and yet, as you point out, we are faced with multiple problems that they should and could be dealing with, and yet they don't know.
Speaker 8: We're a partial We're a partial red state. Look right here at the Corporation Land of Cincinnati. How about Dayton, How about Columbus, how about Toledo? All these are all blue cities. Starve them out. Why are we propping up these cities for they're all surrounded by red counties. Why aren't we going ahead of just doing that with these blue lobbyists and everything else. Mike Dwyane hasn't said anything about an appointment for JD's danced the places yet, has he?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 8: Those are the type of things I want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Well, what wouldn't let me just ask you that the boiled down reality is Bobby, if Governor de Wine immediately named and appointed someone to replace JD. Vans, do you think the challenges that we're talking about more broadly would be addressed by that, regardless of who he picked. No, No, exactly that. See, so, that to me is a lesser issue. Dealing with the overwhelming number of illegal immigrants coming to to Wachland or Springfield. That seems to be something that could be dealt with. However, you have a challenge of the federal government and the challenge of woke blue cities who refuse to cooperate with our federal authorities to get rid of people who are not here legally. Challenged by and interrupted by the reality that federal law governs immigration, meaning states have little control over what the federal government does. And when Joe Biden implements a policy to literally fly people from their home countries into our countries with the stamp of legality attached with it, they're no longer in the country illegally. Ergo, you have no ability to eject them from the country because they have been declared here legally, maybe extra extra legally or beyond the legitimacy of the power that they have to do that. But nonetheless, that's the reality that we have facing us right now. States have tried and tried and tried year after year to deal with the immigration problem, always to be met by the reality that shows up in courts, which is, hey, immigration is a federal issue. You got no control over it. It's not a state governed issue. It's like abortion. It's a state issue now. It was a federal thing under Roe v. Wade, but now it's a state issue. Pissing off always half of the people and appeasing the other half of the people. I mean, it's easy to just identify the problems, but when you run into the realities we face, legally, technically, politically, it becomes a hell of a lot bigger issue and a hell of a lot more complicated, so much so that well, naming a replacement for jd Vance is not going to solve the problem. I hear your frustration, and I share it. That's one of the problems of living in this republic. It takes time, and quite often our elected officials are not interested in solving what you and I see in front of our faces as real time, easily fixable problems. Six seventeen I fifty five K see the talk station. Your hip pain, You any pain you're joint pain, maybe not easily fixable. You've been probably dealing with doctors if you have hip, knee and chronic pain from arthritis or injury, and you know you've been down the road to steroids, and you've been down the road to pain pills, and then your doctor says, hey, how about surgery, and you're going, man, I don't want to deal with that the recovery time, the idea of getting a replacement. Is there anything I can possibly do?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: If you are tired of that pain, how about trying something alternative? Your body has its own natural healing properties, and QC Kinetic knows all about that. They take your body's natural healing agents and they concentrate them and they put them right there where the pain is, and those healing properties are concentrated there, so it helps alleviate the pain and restore those achy areas. This treatment now available here in Cincinnati through QC Kinetics, which is the nation's leader in regenitive medicine result moving again without pain. QC Kinetics has treated thousands of patients having incredible success. So talk to the folks who know all about it. Find out if you are a good candidate. Avoid the surgery. At least give it a shot. Call them up for a free consultation. If you don't qualify, if it's not going to help you, they'll tell you straight out on that one. But it could be that you can get rid of that knee, shoulder, and hip pain by working with the folks at QC Kinetics. So to schedule that free consultation five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine one more time five to one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 3: Nine fifty five krs. The talk station, What's up?
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 2: It's Peter Schrager nine. First one of what if we're gonnas? So we got to sell wintery mixed kind of thing going on today. So we've got some potential snow at times this morning. Roads will be wet but not frozen. So today's hiavy thirty six. They say snow will resume after three pm and it may be heavy at times. Also a bit breezy today. Overnight scattered snow showers, slick spots on the roads are possible.
Speaker 3: Thirty for the load.
Speaker 2: Tomorrows high forty three with the wintery mix in the morning and spotty light rain at any given time during the day overnight, mostly cloudy skies. Thirty seven for the low and mostly cloudy Saturday with a high of fifty forty.
Speaker 3: Right now it's time for traffic.
Speaker 4: You see how Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes kept personalized education and treatment options from the experts at U see help learn more at uc health dot com. CRUSE continue to work with the wreck on spbound seventy five Ramp two seventy five, left side of the ramp that is blocked off in Erlanger that traffic starting to back up towards Buttermilk Pike, wet roads to deal with him. Quite a few other spots from rain and some snow flurries shot Ingram on fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Six on Thursday. Fifty five KRC dot com. You try to Heart media apps. You can listen wherever you have to me and check out the podcasts and content and stream the audio. And you'll also stream it directly from fifty five KRC dot com if you choose, feel free appreciate doing that too. Actually, really really good for the show. Let me go over to the phones now. Steve was kind enough to call this morning. Steve, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Glad to have you on.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, you've had some real good callers today. Hopefully I'll keep the trend going and I won't have it blow up in my face.
Speaker 12: Here.
Speaker 7: Let's talk about you never know what you're going to get when you elect a president. But with Trump, you have some idea since he was a president before, and he's got a chance, really getting a second chance to do this, which is maybe even better than having been re elected four years ago. It's time to reflect the time to put good people in a position around you, and we'll see how it works well.
Speaker 2: True and real quick, let me interject on the heels of the last what's going to be four years and look what we have got with four years of the Biden administration. I don't think there's anything that Biden can kick back and rest on Laurels, because what has he accomplished. We've got nothing more than greater division in our country. We have more debt, more obligations, we have a less secure world. Our military is ill equipped to even deal with its own issues like protecting Americans from threats both foreign and abroad. I mean, the litany in the list is long, and the suffering of people is huge, and the incompetence of government has been demonstrated over and over again over the last several years. So it's a great springboard for Trump to actually accomplish something really great. That's why I keep looking with just perhaps overwhelming and ridiculous positivity that this independent DOGE agency is going to be able to accomplish something like getting rid of so much of the bloat and fraud, wasted abuse in government. The stage has been set to get it done thanks to the last three and a half, coming on four years, you and.
Speaker 7: I both voted for hope and change. But unlike in two thousand and eight when people voted for hope and change, we actually kind of know what we're going to get. This time. We're certainly going to get the change, and hopefully it'll be like it was four years ago, because things were pretty darn good. But if you had gotten Harris Walls, they managed to go through more than one billion dollars of campaign money in a little more than one hundred days, so we know that money was going to be being spent hand over fist was in office, so that was just a little sampling of what you might get. Massive spending. Apparently her campaign, even though they espouse man made climate change, they were flying private jets all around. I mean, you don't want to get on a commercial jet where you have to, you know, sit with ordinary people, and you know, why not put an airplane in the sky that was sitting on the ground so you can dump more carbon in the atmosphere so they you know, plus you get celebrity endorsements and we find out apparently, like if I was running for office and I wanted Brian Thomas to endorse me, and you did, and it turned out I was paying you for that endorsement. That's really kind of shallow and kind of dirty, isn't it unethical?
Speaker 3: From my standpoint?
Speaker 7: Kind of weird? Yeah, but so at least you know, hope and change. Let's let's see how it works out well.
Speaker 2: And you know, you point out the hypocrisy of so many people who embrace this nuns it's a global warming crap. Yes, they do fly around in private jets. They don't care about their own consumption. Many of those celebrities that scream at you and me about our ridiculous consumption and our SUVs own them themselves and live in twenty thousand square foot homes that require massive, you know, electricity consumption to heat and air condition to their particular desired level. Because it's not being controlled by government. I mean that we're aware of that. That's what this election was all about. That's why with the call her earlier, I said. Read the op ed piece from John Masco in Today's journal. Shy conservatives keep the left in its bubble. Otherwise, reasonable people believe crazy things because nobody dares challenge them. You've been afraid to say things out loud. I mean, this is my job is to say what's on my mind. I got a firm set of beliefs. I'm more than happy to say I believe a man is a man, as a woman as a woman. But I'm happy to accept that you don't believe that yourself. That's your job. You can't change my world, can't change the world around me, but you can believe it. I'll let you believe it. Go ahead, But otherwise, reasonable people don't want to see, you know, Haerrol said a penis in the women's restroom for a multitude of reasons. That's a reasonable position to have. Where have all the reasonable people been for the last four plus years, challenging this ridiculous left wing notion that we're supposed to accept that that person with a penis is a woman?
Speaker 4: Where are they?
Speaker 3: Where have they been?
Speaker 2: I think that's I think, really, in my heart of arts, I really believe that this woke ideology was one of the defining reasons Donald Trump won the election, more so than the economy. It's just no one is willing to stand up to the screaming and the narrative that has been just propelled out in the world, to the exclusion of every other counterpoint as legitimate or perhaps even more legitimate than the point that's being made by the left wing media and social media. They have removed your commentary if you dared even utter it. They have presented you with this perception that the.
Speaker 3: Whole world is on one side, and you are the lone.
Speaker 2: Individual who believes still in the realities of scientific biology, among other things, global warming. Do you ever see anybody except me or a bunch of other I mean, there's a whole bunch of people out there that are on my side of this. Ledger point out the reality that the temperature of the globe has been ebbing and flowing forever and ever and ever. Oh no, no, no, in your lifetime. It's your fault. Without explaining away why the globe has ebbed and flowed in temperatures for millennia. No one holds them accountable to that explanation. And here we are bending over backwards, cutting our own throats, making your own electricity bills go through the roof, limiting our opportunities and our financial abilities by well just embracing it because some dude set it. Ah, it's frustrating some days and I bet I've lost a lot of people that otherwise would have been friends with me over the years because I say what's on my mind. I say what I believe, and I welcome the opportunity to engage in a discussion about it. I just don't want to talk to someone who's simply gonna yell at me and call me name because that's not debate, folks, and I will not cower before someone who wants to yell at me and call me names. Is not going to change my opinion. That's not debate. Debate may bring about a change in mindset, or a change in thought, or a change in philosophy. If you can prove to me your point is better, You've done through so, done so through logic and re an explanation, not screaming and yelling and name calling. Six point thirty fifty five k CD Talk Station USA. I'm sorry, Prestige time for Prestige interiors, for great kitchen remodeling.
Speaker 3: John Ryan is the man to work with.
Speaker 2: He is a sweet, kind, honest, and brilliant man when it comes to kitchen remodeling. The man's been doing kitchens almost exclusively for more than thirty years.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Three plus decades of seeing literally and working on and transforming literally every type of kitchen out there, from tiny ones to giant ones, from little projects to large projects, helping you stay within your budget, if your budget minded, if you want to go a whole hog, got the whole thing, start from scratch and get an ultimate kitchen space, He'll do that too. He's got terrific ideas and he is truly your partner with a kitchen remodeling project. One stop shopping with John. You want something done, you call John. He makes it happen and ideas galore too. So that's what I always say. We did our kitchen remodeling project.
Speaker 12: We did.
Speaker 2: We took John's advice on a whole lot of things and all of it worked out wonderfully. A plus with a better business biller, you're working with the right man when you're working with Prestige Interiors, which is John Ryan. Find his website, go to Prestige one two three dot com, Prestige one two three dot com tell them. Brian said, how can you call him up? Five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Turn up your radio.
Speaker 3: Here's a Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 16: I don't understand why, and I have a whole list of new resistance among blue state Democrats. Why are they so interested in protecting the right of people that didn't respect our laws, our borders, our sovereignty, entered this country with the help of Joe and Kamala Harris ate it and embedded the law breaking, invited them in and didn't follow through.
Speaker 3: It is insane.
Speaker 16: We have had hundreds and hundreds, if not that thousands of Americans victims of violent crimes.
Speaker 3: And I dope for the life of me, and I will never understand it.
Speaker 16: Why the left in this country is not standing up for the rights of Americans. Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 16: So you can't wait for Black Friday, well neither can Blinds dot Com, and they are kicking off their savings early with Black Friday mega deals all month long. Now the holidays are right around the corner, but there's still time to upgrade your home thanks to Blinds dot Com and swapping out those old blinds for custom window coverings. It's a small project, but it has massive and big results and blinds dot Com makes it simple, easy and affordable. Now a blinds dot Com design expert can help you make the perfect selection on your schedule. They can even handle everything for measuring and installation and you can and you can get the window treatments for your whole home installed for just one low cost. Whether it's one window or one hundred, You're gonna love blinds dot Com Now shop Black Friday mega deals all month long. When you go to blinds dot com, get up to forty five percent off site wide plus a free professional measure Right now. That's up to forty five percent off site wide plus a free measure for a limited time thanks to blinds dot Com.
Speaker 17: Rules and restrictions may apply for decades. The team of Close snow out there early this morning. Wet roads, be careful, but no freezing roads, they say today. Snow will kick in after three pm. They may be heavy at times, Overcast and breezy conditions all day.
Speaker 2: Thirty six for the high down to thirty overnight with scattered snow showers and slick roads. Wintery mixed Tomorrow morning with spotty light rain afterwards. Forty three for the high overnight down to thirty seven with clouds Saturday, mostly cloudy high A fifty forty Aine time for traffic.
Speaker 4: From the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Got personalized education and treatment options from the experts at ucl Learn more at uc oh dot com. Highway traffic be okay. Cruise continued to work with the accident on the ramp from South seventy five to seventy five in Earlwinger.
Speaker 4: But they're just about ready to clear that out of the way.
Speaker 9: Left lane shouldn't be open to it again, shortly charging romo fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: Sorry for that long tear there. I obviously want over time, but they do. I will take it. Go ahead and take a call even though it's six thirty five mics on the phone, Mike, thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Morning show.
Speaker 18: Y right, real quick about the man made glove of war with it call it uh go on about our solution, but we got to keep it on down it and it's handed videos over in New Deli with the small fIF hal over there.
Speaker 3: No that it doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: Look like, oh that's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 8: They can't.
Speaker 12: You can barely see it hundred feet in front of their cars.
Speaker 2: Yes, kind of like Pittsburgh used to be back in the sixties and fifties and forties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's over there.
Speaker 19: It's kind over here, so they don't care about it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, but you know, you do make an argument. This is one of the reasons that global warming advocates want to take money from US. Wealthy countries were able to overcome their pollution challenges because they're wealthy. You don't start cleaning up until you can actually feed and clothe and shelter your own people. And once you get past that standpoint, everybody's got indoor plumbing and electricity, and wealth begins to build. Then you can say, oh my god, we polluted the world. We have benzene dumped into the ground directly by manufacturing facilities that didn't have a concept about how to take care of the environment. We need to clean this up. We got hot spots, we got brown fields. We need to clean this up. The only way you can clean it up is because, well, you've got money, and plus technology has evolved over the years where you don't have to have a city surrounded by all that pollution, which is where these global warming advocates are so well, that's why wealthy countries need to sacrifice themselves. They need to cut back on their spending and their consumption and give the money to these third world countries so they don't have to live in an environment that you can't see three feet in front of their face. Although after saying all of that, I remember flying into Oakland Airport out in California to go to a legal seminar with my wife. I couldn't see across the street. And that was within my lifetime. So you know, there are areas of the world where that just does happen. Hence be like climate related, humidity related, weather condition related. I bet one day you wake up New Delhi doesn't look like that. A couple days later, with the climate a little bit different, then you can't see across the street. Complicated, of course, six point thirty seven fifty five caresee de Talk station the USA insulation to solve your complicated energy bill. It's complicated because you can't pay for it. Energy's gone through the roof. Hey, look we're talking about global warming again and sacrifice and raising the price of energy for the whatever reason. It's going up. You are not going to avoid that reality. The price of energy has gone through the roof and it continues to go up. So how about getting in front of that. Getting your home insulated with the USA's premium phone and at only ninety nine dollars a month with no interest, that's interest free. You can cover the nut and it's like maybe sacrifice one night out during the month. You've covered the price of the USA Insallation's foam, and then you get the wonderful benefit of that energy bill, which is guaranteed to be lower. When your home is under insulated. You're just paying too much to heat and air conditioning. So let's move away from that. Get the phone in the exterior walls. It's the highest r value on the market. It's a low, low price. In ninety nine bucks a month interest free, you will be eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year, and you'll be immediately more comfortable. It is a noticeable improvement from day one, So don't put it off. Your only regret's going to be as they've been. I've been told over the years by the listeners that did it. I wish i'd ha done this earlier three eight one, three six, two six. See if you were under insulated or were uninsulated with a free inspection three eight to one foam online, USA Insulation.
Speaker 3: Dot Net fifty five KRC for the Claremont County of that.
Speaker 2: Jujuy nine, first one and one forecast. I got a winter remix of snow this morning. Roads are wet but not frozen too warm. Today will be an overcast day, breezing and snow. They say we'll resume sometime after three pm with heavy snow at times thirty six for the high over.
Speaker 3: Night down to thirty with some slick spots on the road. Along with that, scattered snow showers.
Speaker 2: Winterymixed Tomorrow morning, spoty, light rain afterwards one up the forty three tomorrow down to thirty seven overnight with clouds and mostly floty.
Speaker 3: Saturday high of fifty. It's forty right now.
Speaker 4: Traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: You one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes. Get personalized education and treatment options from the experts at you see help learn more at u see health dot com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape. Even with some wet roads. This morning they cleared the accident southbound seventy fives ramp to two seven in Erler Plane is open again. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 5: Six.
Speaker 3: If you off KRCD talk station, Happy Friday, Eve, Thursday, phone calls always welcome.
Speaker 2: One of the things I haven't talked about this morning is sort of all over the map this morning, no particular direction I tend to be going. So I've been enjoying the engaging conversation with listeners. But one of the things has to come up is this ethics report on Matt Gates. Now allegations behind the scenes. We haven't seen what the ethics support says, but that he had sex with a seventeen year old. There's a witness to the event at the alleged event. How Ethics Committee yesterday said they will not release the report on this alleged misconduct by Gates. But you know, many observing that given the accusations and the gravity of the accusations, it's going to continue. And these rumors, allegations in any wind who are going to continue to swirl and the Senate who's going to be responsible for approving or not, has the right to demand to see the report before confirming his nomination. Now, the ethics media yesterday held in private. Everybody's waiting around to find out what there was, and the chairman, Michael Guest Republicans, there was no agreement by the committee to release the report. Susan Wilde, on behalf of the Democrats, said there was no consensus, but that the committee agreed to reconvene in a.
Speaker 3: Couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Now as it's the Wall Street Journal observed anyway, and I have no reason to doubt them. They say, for understandable reasons, the norms that such ethics inquiries are closed after lawmakers step down. But they point out, and this is a legitimate point. I'm all about sunlight and disinfecting. I like to see everything. I want to draw my own conclusions. Yeah, I got the steal dossier that was rolled out and given to everybody's attention. Law and behold, after all that time, we finally found out it was filled with lies. It took some time, but the truth ultimately came out. Now, Gates quit Congress immediately after Trump announced his nomination, so that normally you know when someone quits the idea is that, well, they quit in the face of these, you know, damning allegations, and so we're not going to release them. They're out of our way, they're out of office, they have moved on. So this is sort of different. He quit because he's being elevated, and then the Senate must must do its due diligence and consider whether this person is qualified and appropriate to do the job.
Speaker 3: He's like, they're right.
Speaker 2: It's one thing to keep sort of details private when a lawmaker accused the misbehavior is chastened enough to resign to go back to private life. But it looks like more of an effort to dodge accountability by simply getting the promotion. And of course a lot of the details are getting out in this report. One of the lawyer for the two women who spoke with the committee went on ABC this week said the Gates paid both of them for sex. One also testified, Hey, and I know the background on this. Allegations come out of the woodwork about elected officials and other popular celebrities only for the benefit of that individual's salacious details. Oh my god, get a payoff and move away. Happened to Trump at gazillion time. Some of it may be true, some not. It's all lost in the blur, and there's an opportunity here for lawyers and for individuals to make claims. It may not be true, but this was investigated behind the scenes, of course, and that's what this report is all about. And wouldn't you want it. The other one testified the according to the attorney, that in twenty seventeen, at this house party, that she was walking out of the pool area, she looked to her right and saw Gates having sex with her friend, who was seventeen. The news reports say this is corroborated by the then minor in an account. So there's something to see here, and whether or not it's been true and it was him or not is worth looking into. We're talking about a high level appointment here. Now he's denied it and he's entitled to do process. Of course, Justice Department looked into it, but didn't bring criminal charges. Trump of course standing by them calling these allegations baseless. But an ethics inquiry is not a witch hunt, is the journal observe, and I agree with that is the normal process when a lawmaker is accused of misconduct and the attorney general is the nation's highest law enforcement official. We're making responsible for making tough calls on all kinds of things, and you don't want someone saddle with a bunch of baggage. It might come out later if he is indeed appointed, that find out, well, this is real, this is true. That is going to be a dark stain on the Trump administration right out of the gate. So maybe he wasn't the best possible choice here, but I like the sun a disinfectant, and the Senate's going to ultimately end up, you know, releasing this now flipping over to this somebody who sort of kind of agrees with me on some level on this, Marjorie Taylor Green screaming at her GOP colleagues yesterday for having asking for this report to be put out posted on X. Colleagues in the House and Senate, we're going to release ethics support and rip apart people from their party that President elect Donald Trump is selected to be in his cabinet. They are, then they should put it all out there. Quote from my Republican colleagues in the House and Senate. If we are going to release the ethics report and rip apart our own that Trump is appointed, then put it all out there for the American people to see. Yes, all the ethics reports and claims, including the one that I filed, all your sexual harassment and assault claims that were secretly settled paying off victim with taxpayer money, the entire Jeffrey Epstein files, tapes, recordings, witness interviews.
Speaker 3: But not just those. There's more.
Speaker 2: Epstein wasn't slash isn't the only asset. If we're gonna dance, let's all dance in the sunlight. I'll make sure we do well. Marjorie Taylor Green, I applaud your efforts in that regarding Yes, I agree, put it all out there. Why would be Americans who are supposed to have our candidates vetted properly and their issues and problems and pluses and minuses brought to the attention of American public so that we can make informed decisions when we vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, let's see it.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: And why can't we? Six forty nine?
Speaker 2: If you five k s the talk station plumbing done right, it's plump type plumbing for residential plumbing. Plumbing done right. You gotta get that every time. With plumb type plumbing, I can assure you of that I've been around in a plus with the better's business beer I think since what ninety nine, and ethical pricing, licensed plumbers doing the work, Exceptional customer service which is established right out of the gate. Eighty plumbing job, no matter how big or fall a small from Foss's the toilets, leaky pipes, water heaters, some pumps, basement backups, pressure issues. If you've got a plumbing problem, and especially if you have an emergency, they're the leaders in twenty four hour days, seven day week emergency service. I do know that from personal experience you can call them up five one three seven two seven Tight five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three ton schedule appointment online as well. It's easy to do learn more about the company while you're there.
Speaker 3: Plumbtight dot com fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: Uh winter remixed this morning, I guess we get a little reprieve though later today they say snow rezoom around three pm. Could be heavy at times one up to thirty six today, overcast and windy, down will thirty overnight with little scattered snow showers and some slick spots possible be pair full wintery mixed tomorrow morning spotty light rain after forty three for the hind down to thirty seven overnight with clouds and a cloudy day Saturday with a high of fifty.
Speaker 3: It's forty now time for traffick.
Speaker 4: From the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes kept personalized education and treatment options from the experts?
Speaker 4: Hey, U see health. Learn more at u sehealth dot com.
Speaker 9: Highway traffic doing okay with the wet roads so far this morning, no REX to deal with southbound seventy five is ramped. Two seventy five is now clear from problems earlier in Erlanger shot Kingbramont fifty five KRC Deep Talk station.
Speaker 2: Six fifty three, almost sixty fifty four. Let's go straight to the Phone's got Steve on the line. Thanks for holding Steve. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 12: Hey, Brian, how are you a.
Speaker 2: Little wound up today? Beyond that, I'm doing great, Steve. Thanks for asking what's on your mind?
Speaker 19: Hey, I'm praying for your health there, brother, and so it's good to hear that things.
Speaker 12: Are going well.
Speaker 20: But any way, I've got some inside information that I have it on good authority. That the young lady that Matt Gates is accused of having sex with actually at the time identified as a twenty one year old woman.
Speaker 19: So according to the woke left, I don't see that we're going by their rules, Brian, So you know that's all I got to say.
Speaker 3: So absolutely not a problem.
Speaker 2: Always welcome to bring a calling my attention like that's the I love Levity on the morning show, Greg, Welcome to the program, Happy Thursday.
Speaker 11: That was a good one.
Speaker 2: It was you got a follow with though, Greg, that's a tough one, man. Sometimes the warm up band is better than the leading act.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Oh, yes, that one is.
Speaker 11: Because the other day I was reading and Blaze somebody did the background report of the investigation which has been going on for over three years into Gates, and as you stated, the Justice Apartment was looking into it as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And as Massey said is if.
Speaker 11: Gay even had a jaywalking ticket, they would prosecute him and try to throw him into prison. So if there's anything remotely there, I can guarantee you that the Biden Justice Apartment would have crucified him six ways from Sunday.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 11: So the only bad thing about the ethics report and keep in mind what New York did to Trump on those rape charges. That lady took it to the civil court and nothing was any remotely close to proven true, but she still ended up with a multi million dollar judgment.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, there is the challenge with the legal system. But you know, if they did not prosecute, which they didn't, and if they did have something, which I agree, they would have gone after him, you know, hammer and talk, then they would have. Which is why do you want to fight over whether or not you release it. If there was insufficient evidence that have probable cause bring an indictment, to bring him to justice for some criminal activity engaged in, it would have been done so that ethics reportship clearing.
Speaker 3: So by fighting over it.
Speaker 11: All right, understandable, And I think I agree with you, and it probably will. Gates is if there's nothing there, I'm almost all bet you he will say it. But they'll bring other stuff in there.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, listen, man, that's why I brought up the Steele dosia. Yes, they brought that out. You all read it, and you all read the solicious details, and you thought Donald Trump urinated on some prostitute or something.
Speaker 3: Guess what Over time, the truth came out. It took a while.
Speaker 2: Justice wheels spin slowly, but ultimately we found out that we were absolutely lied to, over and over again. Welcome to Donald Trump getting elected again. We knew it, we got lied to. We're sick of it, and we said no more time for a change, and the sunlight of disinfection would be a beautiful thing. Going back to Marjorie Taylor Green's point about you know the steam files, apparently they got a lot of information about elected officials hanging out with Epstein. Well, he was still alive before he committed suicide.
Speaker 3: Let's see all that.
Speaker 2: How come your taxpayer dollars were used to settle sexual allegation claims?
Speaker 3: Used your money to.
Speaker 2: Settle as opposed to them being drug into court like Donald Trump was in a civil case where you had a jury make the determination. No, they got it taken care of behind the scenes, just using your money. Six fifty seven fifty five KRC the talk station, be back after the news, your voice, Thank you for taking call your country.
Speaker 19: Thanks refreshing for here it every day.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krs the talk station. This report is.
Speaker 17: I'm going to be certifying Trump's electoral College, Victory, Clay and fuck.
Speaker 3: Today at noon on fifty five krs the talk station seven oh six.
Speaker 2: Thursday, Americans will prosperity Donald and Neil the bottom of this hour on Ohio Senate Leader and the Speaker, which is Senate President Matt Huffman. It looks like he got the full vote yesterday. The final vote will be next year, so that decision out of the way. Bob Wetter from the Wish Trees coming up fortieth year for the Wish Tree, great charitable opportunity for us to help those in need. He'll give us the deets at seven fifty in the meantime, straight from the horse's mouth. And one of the reasons I'm excited about Trump's election a variety of reasons, not the least of which it isn't Kamala Harris running our country or reporting to It's this whole doge thing. I'm excited about this. This to reduce the size of the scope of government would being brought to you by Elon Musk and Viva Gramma swimming open letter on why and what they're going to do, and you can report yourself. Elon Musk and Vive Gramaswami, the doge plan to reform government, and they both write together an open lid to you, telling you what they're planning on doing. And this is why I'm excited. And I sure as hell hope that I don't look back and say my excitement and my positivity has been misplaced. Our nation was found on the basic idea that the people we elect run the government. That isn't how America functions today. Most legal edicts aren't laws enacted by Congress, but rules and regulations promulgated by unelected bureaucrats, tens of thousands of them each year. Most government enforcement decisions and discretionary expenditures are into made by the democratically elected president or even his political appointees, but by millions of unelected, unappointed civil servants with government agencies who view themselves as immune from firing thanks to civil service protections. This is anti democratic and antithetical to the founder's vision. It imposes massive direct and indirect costs on taxpayers, and thankfully, we have a historic opportunity to solve the problem. On November fifth, voters decisively elected Donald Trump with a mandate for sweeping change, and they deserve to get it. President Trump has asked the two of US to lead the newly formed Department of Government Efficiency or DOGE, to cut the federal government down to size. The entrenched and ever growing bureaucracy represents an existential threat to our Republican politicians have abtedit for too long. That's why we're doing things differently. We are entrepreneurs, not politicians. We will serve as outside volunteers, not federal officials or employees, and unlike government commissions or advisory committees, we won't just write reports or cut ribbons, will cut costs. We are assisting the Trump transition seem to identify and hire a lean team of small government crusaders, including some of the sharpest technical and legal minds in America. This team will work in the new administration closely with the White House Office of Management and Budget. The two of US will advise DOGE at every step to pursue the three major kinds of reform regulatory recisions, administrative reductions, and cost savings. We will focus particularly on driving change through executive action based on existing legislation, rather than bypassing new laws. Our north star for reform will be the US Constitution, with a focus on two critical Supreme Court rulings issued during Biden's tenure. One of my favorites personally, in West Virginia versus Environmental Protection Agency, the justices hells that agencies can't impose regulations dealing with major economic or policy questions unless Congress specifically authorizes them to do so. The other great case in Loper Bright versus Riamanda, the Court overturned the Chevron doctrine and how that federal courts should no longer defer to federal agencies interpretations of law or their own rulemaking authority. Together, these cases suggest a plethora of current federal regulations exceed the authority that Congress is granted under the law. That is so true, Dose will work with legal experts embedded in government agencies, aided by advanced technology, to apply these rulings to federal regulations enacted by such agencies. Doge will present this list of regulations of President Trump, who can, by executive action, immediately applause or pause the enforcement of those regulations, and initiated process for review and recision. This would liberate individuals and businesses from illicit regulations never passed by Congress and stimulate the US economy. When the President nullifies thousands of such regulations, critics will will argue or allege executive overreachs.
Speaker 3: In fact, it will be correcting the.
Speaker 2: Executive overreach of thousands of regulations promulgated by administrative fiat that were never authorized by Congress. The president owes lawmaking deference to Congress, not to bureaucrats deep within federal agencies. The use of executive orders to substitute for lawmaking by adding burdens some new rules is a constitutional affront, But the use of executive orders to roll back regulations that wrongly bypass Congress is legitimate and necessary to comply with the Supreme Court's recent mandates. And after those regulations are fully rescinded, a future president couldn't simply flip the switch and revive them, but would instead have to ask Congress to do so. A drastic reduction in federal regulations provide sound industrial logic for mass head count reductions across the federal bureaucracy. DOGE intends to work with embedded appointees and agencies to identify the minimum number of employees required an agency for it to perform its constitutionally permissible and statutorily mandated functions. The number of federal employees to cut should be at least proportionate to the number of federal regulations that are nullified. Not only are fewer employees required to enforce fewer regulations, but the agency would produce fewer regulations once its scope of authority is properly limited. Employees whose positions are eliminated deserve to be treated with respect and dog's goals. To help support their transition into the private sector, the president can use existing laws to give them incentives for early retirement to make voluntary severance payments to facilitate a graceful exit. Conventional wisdom holds that statutory civil service protections stop the president or even his political appointees from firing federal workers. The purpose of these protections is to protect employees from partitical political retaliation, but the statute allows for quote reductions in force close quote that don't target specific employees. The statute further empowers the president too, in their words of the statute, prescribe rules governing the competitive service. That power is broad. Previous presidents have used it to amend the civil service rules by executive order, and the Supreme Court has held in its cases Franklin versus Massachusetts that they weren't constrained by the Administrative Procedures Act when they did so. With this authority, mister Trump can implement any number of rules governing the competitive service that would curtail administrative overgrowth, from brought from large scale firings to relocation of federal agencies outside of the Washington area.
Speaker 3: I love this idea.
Speaker 2: Requiring federal employees to come to the office five days a week would result in a wave of voluntary terminations that we welcome. If federal employees don't want to show up, American taxpayers shouldn't pay them for the COVID era privilege of staying home. Finally, we elon Muskive and Grandma Swimming are focused on delivering cost of savings for taxpayers. Skeptics question how much federal spending dogs contain through executive action alone. They point to the nineteen seventy four Impoundment Control LAC, which stops the president from ceasing expenditures that were authorized by Congress. Trump has previously suggested this statute is unconstitutional, and we believe the current Supreme Court would likely side with him on this.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 2: But even without relying on that view, dogs will help end federal overspending by taking aim at the five hundred billion plus in annual federal expenditures that are unauthorized by Congress or being used in ways that Congress never intended, from five hundred and thirty five million dollars a year to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and one point five billion for grants the international organizations to nearly three hundred million to progressive groups like UH Planned Parenthood. The federal griments procurement process has also badly broken. Many federal contracts have gone unexamined for years. Large scale audits conducted during a temporary suspension of payments would yield significant savings. The Pentagon recently failed its seventh consecutive audit, suggesting that the agency's leadership has a little idea how its annual budget of more than eight hundred billion dollars is spent. Now, critic claims, we can't immediately close the federal devils without taking aim and entitlement programs like Medicare and Medicaid, which require Congress to shrink, But this deflects attention from the sheer magnitude of waste fraud in abuse that nearly all taxpayers wish to end, and the Doe James to address by identifying pinpoint executive actions that will result in immediate savings for taxpayers. With the decisive electoral mandate in the sixty three conservative majority of the Supreme Court, dog has an historic opportunity for structural reductions in the federal government. We are prepared for the onslaught from entrench interest in Washington. We expect to prevail. Now is the moment for decisive action. Our top goal for DOS is to eliminate the need for its existence by July fourth, twenty twenty six, the expiration date we have set for our project. There is no better birthday gift to our nation on its two hundred and fiftieth anniversary than to deliver a federal government that would make our founders proud. Amen Elon Musk and Vivek Gramma swimming, godspeed, best of luck, and may you accomplish your goals on behalf of each and every single American taxpayer seven to seventeen fifty five care seat the talk station affordable medical imaging. You can improve your bottom line nowhere near the problems and challenges those two are facing. But think about saving three thousand dollars from your own pocket by getting your scan. Your CT scan, for example, at Affordable Imaging Services, where the most expensive CT scan you can get six hundred bucks. That's one with a contrast. If you don't need a contrast, it's only four point fifty. Talk to my friend Jeff about that. He personally saved three thousand dollars from his own pocket going to Affordable Imaging Services. Yes, the overhead is quite low, not a whole lot of bells and whistles, but they have the same equipment that hospitals use and the same professionals operating in Every scan you get, whether it's an MRIT CT, Echo cardigram, ULTRASCROUN lungs screening, or cardiacs CORN comes with the Board Certified Medical Examiners report. So your doctor's gonna get everything your doctor needs, You're gonna have the scan done, You're gonna save heap loads of money. So don't spend five thousand dollars at the hospital on that CT scan or maybe three thousand for an echo cardiogram. Affordable Imaging Services for all the pricing and understand more about what they can do for you, and you do have a choice.
Speaker 3: You can go wherever you want.
Speaker 2: It's five one three seven five three eight thousands to schedule the appointment five one three seven five three eight thousand. Check them out online for all the information. Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. You've never been to an event like this.
Speaker 2: I'm Spencer Fordes. Good time for a Channel nine weather forecast. It will mix the snow this morning. Roads will be wet, but maybe not. They won't be icy, just careful so we have breezy conditions today, snow after three pm and it may be heavy at times. Thirty six for the high, down to thirty overnight with scattered snow showers and slick spots out there, a wintery mix tomorrow morning, a spotty light rain after that Tomorrow forty three to high overnight down to thirty seven with clouds, and a fifty degree high Saturday with clouds forty Right now Traffic time from.
Speaker 4: The UCAL Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Got personalized education and treatment options from the experts you see help learn more at uce help dot com. Northbound seventy five and an extra fifteen minutes out of Erlbanger into downtown.
Speaker 4: Wet Road's not helping any this morning.
Speaker 9: Southbound seventy five break lights through Lachland and inbound seventy four backs above Montana northbound seventy one. There's a single car wreck just before you get into Kenwood. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: It is seven twenty two. Here fifty five KRCD talk station. Next segment, Donald Neo Americans for Prosperity on Ohio Senate Leader and the speaker which looks like it's Matt Huffman. In the meantime, going over to the phones, you can feel free to call to five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk. Hey, Bill, could hear from you this morning? Welcome to the program.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Brian, I want your opinion on this conspiracy.
Speaker 12: Theory that I have.
Speaker 1: We know the Democrats will do anything, and I mean hold on your power.
Speaker 13: So the Russian said, if if Ukraine uses missiles are sent to them by the United States, they would declare war. So what about intentional that the use of these missiles to cause the war, and then they could invoke the War Powers Act.
Speaker 8: And we don't know how far the War.
Speaker 13: Powers Act can go, even affecting the inauguration of Trump.
Speaker 2: Well, there are literally a multitude of ideas and opportunities and potential problems out there. I mean, I've been always worried that someone would use perhaps this but you know, impending war as to invoke well, to suspend our liberties and to suspend our constitutional powers, you know, And and it's certainly possible to do that in times of absolute chaos and crisis.
Speaker 3: Just wait for it.
Speaker 2: I can't understand any possible reason why we have given Ukraine the permission to use these weapons to launch into the interior of Russia, which require and this is the most important component of that. You want to give the Ukrainians missiles and let them operate them, and let them shoot them, and them make the decision making fine global powers fund other countries and give other countries or sell other countries weapons all the time, we, however, are operating them. We American US military forces must be behind the controls of these longer range missiles for a whole bunch of security and military purposes. Others do not have the capability of using them, so we are directly engaged then in warfare with Russia through Ukraine. But yeah, so that's a real problem. That's why I'm kind of really really irked and pissed off about the reality where we are. Why did Biden sit around and wait till after the election before selling them and giving them these weapons along with the military personnel to operate them. Ask yourself the question, and then, of course it invites conspiracy theories and concerns along the lines of what my last college is brought up martial law? Right if your popcorn out, folks, Maybe a bumpy ride. I'm hoping it's not, but it may be. Seven twenty five efty five. Care see the talk station. We'll talk local or at least state politics with Donald and Neil coming up next.
Speaker 3: Good man, he is and great.
Speaker 2: People over at Colin Electric for all your residential electric needs. Andrew Cullen and his team of outstanding electricians will take wonderful care of you. They really have a great amount of respect for you, the homeowner your home. They do wonderful electric work. They enjoy an a plus of the better business Bureau, and when they do work for you, you get a ten year wiring warranty, so no concerns whatsoever. I relied on Cullin for more electric projects than I care to even remember over the years, and always done to my satisfaction, and always at the right price. You'll be happy you called Cullen. I know I always have been, and that's why I'm pleased to recommend him onto you. To learn more, check them out online Cullen CEE U lll E and Colin Electriccincinnati dot com. Give Andrew my regard when you call Andrew Cullin at Calon Electric five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC. A minute of hope is.
Speaker 2: General nines as we have kind of on and off wintery snow kind of things going on today. I got a little mixed this morning. Today they say the snow will resume after three pm. Could be heavy at times. Today's high thirty six also breezy overnight, a few scattered snow showers, maybe some slick spots.
Speaker 3: Careful on the roads. Thirty for the low.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's high forty three got a wintery mix in the morning, follow by light rain afterwards, overnight low of thirty seven with clouds, and a cloudy Saturday with a high of fifty.
Speaker 3: Right now it's thirty nine or thirty eight. It's cyber traffic right.
Speaker 4: You see how Traffic Center?
Speaker 9: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes got personalized education and treatment options from the experts that you see how learn more and you see how dot Com. Plenty of traffic to deal with on the highways. Northbound seventy five close to an extra twenty minutes between Turfight in Town northbound fourth seventy one backs to grand there's a single car wreck northbound seventy one before you get the ken Wood Road.
Speaker 4: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: It is seven twenty nine on a Thursday, and a happy one to you. Welcome back as always, great to have month for the five KRC Morning Show. Helping things out in Ohio Stewart in the right direction politically speaking, and one of the reasons we now have Senator elect Bernie Marino, Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity. Welcome back to the morning show. Always great having you on the show. Brian has always a pleasure to be here. Can I just ask you real quick, unrelated to the topics we're talking about today, which are the Ohio Senate leader and the speaker. I'm I'm perhaps overly enthused about this Elon Musk Vivik Ramaswimmi doge outside entity looking to reform government. Are you do you have optimism in this regard? Do you think they will actually be able to accomplish something along the lines of what they're promising to do.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty excited as well personally.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've got vote.
Speaker 5: You know, you have one of the richest men in the world, guy who is sending rockets to Mars, right, and then you've got a bio entrepreneur.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 5: You've got two folks who have found their success in the world not by living off of the government dime and dollar, but innovating and creating products that people care about and want. And when you can send those folks to Washington or they they're they're raising their hand and saying, hey, I want to help make this country great. That's an exciting thing. And so yeah, you know, like a lot of folks excited to see what can be done here in a few weeks. Once once we get into the new year, new Congress, president's sworn in, and there's some exciting opportunities next year to do things folks were really desiring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking about the I know, I.
Speaker 2: Just you know, when I ever get so really excited about something, it's like you don't want to say something out loud, you know, for fear that it won't happen, Just like you don't want to say something bad, like I haven't been sick in four years and you wake up the next day with a cold. I'm just reluctant to be so enthused about it. But it sounds like such a wonderful idea, a great plan. They don't want any money for it. They're outside of government. They're just offering these solutions which can easily be embraced that America will be able to look at, read, consume for themselves, draw their own conclusions, and then stare at their elected officials when they don't do anything about it, and say, what the hell are you doing? Look at these great ideas that have been presented to you to pair back this ridiculous, overbloated intrusive government that has been unleashed on Americans to the expense of thirty four trillion dollars every moment, growing exponentially, and the debt service we got to take along with it. It's time to do something about it. We are killing ourselves. Look the doctors are in office. Look at they're making a diagnosis. They're giving you opportunities to change your lifestyle. Smack upside the face with everything that comes out of this Doge Committee, I just think it's a great idea at least give us the information and AMMO to talk to our elected officials about it head on.
Speaker 5: It's a start contrast from what you typically hear how to politicians.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: I think that's why you and I are so excited about it, Brian.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 5: It's folks who are you know saying like, Hey, this isn't what we're going to This isn't These aren't ways we're going to find to spend your tax dollars or new ways to grow government or expand its reach into your.
Speaker 3: Day to day lives.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're going to go rein that in, We're going to peel that back, We're going to find basic you government out of your lives and how to make government more efficient, so the tax dollar you send to Washington goes further. And that's it's refreshing, it's exciting. It doesn't happen very often. And let's hope they can get it done.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just worry that I'll wake up from my libertarian, well erotic dream that I seem to be having right now over the whole concept.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you.
Speaker 12: You let me do that.
Speaker 2: That's my show. I'm allowed to say something like that in my own peril. Donovan and Neelhouse state a Senate leader and Speaker. It looks like they got the speaker taken care of yesterday with the vote for President Matt huff and I supposed to be a final vote next year, but Matt Huffman seems to have gotten the job.
Speaker 5: Well. Yeah, and you know what we have here with leadership, right with Speaker elect Matt Huffman said, a President elect Rob McCauley, and the leadership teams in both chambers, it's it's stacked full of folks who care about making Ohio prosperous again. Right. It's folks who have a record of introducing and working on legislation like the backpack bill or tax you know, elimiting the income tax rating and spending curving regulations, all the things that we here at afp Ohio I've been talking about for a while. And so we see some really great opportunities in the next session with those folks at the helm of both chambers to be able to introduce legislation, well, encourage their colleagues' interduce legislation right and help shepherd that through the process and ultimately hopefully get some really big transformative pieces of legislation to the Governor's desk as we go through go through the one hundred and thirty six the General Assembly next year.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the importance of these officials that I mean the speaker is responsible for bringing the legislation. I mean that's where we get bogged down in federal government. They come up with a great idea, like, for example, the House will pass something along the lines of immigration reform that we would all embrace and enjoy, only for it to be held up because the Senate won't even bring it up for a vote because many Senators don't want to be embarrassed by their vote on that something that was reform minded. That'll help America. But no, they're on the wrong side of the political ledger or their party is, and they can't vote for it, so they'll have to vote against it. So why don't we just deny the American public the opportunity for them to vote on it so we can see what they're voting on and the way they vote, so maybe we can throw them out of office or support their decision making. It's got to be brought up and presented for a vote for that to happen. That's the importance of these roles.
Speaker 3: Well, bring it up for.
Speaker 5: Vote, but also, you know, casting that bold vision right you've got to take. You know, if you're the speaker of Ohio House right now with the majority caucuses sixty five members, or the Senate President with a CAUCUSUS twenty some members, that's a lot of folks, and you've got to be able to pecular articulate a clear vision for what your chamber needs to get done in the two short years that it has to do its work, and more importantly, the six months where the budget process happens, which happens to be the biggest policy making season for the state. There's really six months from January through June thirtieth, where a lot gets done and you need effective leadership, effective vision casting, and whether it's you know, Rob mccaully or Matt Huffman, both of these individuals as leaders have cast a vision that is raining and spending, empowering families, rolling back taxes, and ultimately getting Ohio into a place where it's going to be more prosperous. And you know, that's I think what they're going to be able to do in why we had a fol hire. It's so excited about what twenty twenty five can hold for us here in Columbus because these folks at a record are getting it done and now they're leading their respective chambers to do just that.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and I know Huffman's a big fan on like private school vouchers giving parents the flexibility to choose the direction their children go from an education perspective, which I have always sort of viewed as not bearing a political stripe. As a parent of two children, I of course had some choice in where we sent our children. They did go to public schools. I have no regrets along those lines, but opportunity to send them elsewhere. But everyone should have that flexibility regardless of where you know, regardless of their of their economics system, our positioned and by allowing those tax dollars to flow to a family for the decision making, to me is a neither a Republican nor Democrat thing. Go to the public schools if you choose, go to a private school, if you choose, you have the flexibility under this type of education system. Now certain people don't have any flexibility whatsoever. So I embrace that that seems to be something that could be easily accomplished. But also I understand they're looking at maybe eliminating any income tax here in the state of Ohio, which would make us far more competitive. If you look at where all of these businesses who have fled the Blue states over the past four or five years have gone, Texas is a big number one because they don't have any income tax.
Speaker 3: Am I righte on that?
Speaker 5: Well, we always allen talk about Texas, Tennessee, and Florida, right and we do you know, we've had politicians earning our vote. It's getting sent to Columbus on the promises of working to eliminate the income tax. And that's something an organization that sets sites on for a number of years. You know, we really, truly, Brian, have the opportunity to be the first in the Midwest, the tenth in the country to eliminate our income tax. And what we you know we can do it, We don't. You don't need to do it even overnight. You just need to set that trajectory right, phase it out over a number of years. Make sure we're not putting ourselves in a situation where we can't make sure we're providing the central government services through a potential economic downturn that could happen. But you can set the trajectory to get Ohio a zero percent income tax. The legislation is out there. We've had the Buckeye Institute do the research. Folks know it's possible. What's going to take is leadership that will restrain the spending. Just don't grow it as much as they have by an by anium and then put those put those constraints on on themselves on government, because say we're gonna we're just not going to depend on that source of revenue any longer, and we're going to put that money back in the harder money back in your pockets. As Ohio wins. It's phenomenal and yeah, we have the opportunity to do it, and I think we've got the leadership team now in the House and the Senate that can help get that done and build a package in the budget process to send to the governor and accomplish that in the next six months, the first six months the next.
Speaker 2: Year well, and hopefully we'll also get something done by way of We had the Buckeye Institute on the program yesterday Donovan and talking about getting rid of all these licensing requirements. We have this ownerous licensing requirement, like one of every five jobs requires a license in the state of Ohio. Most of them are completely unnecessary or overly burdensome and restrictive. So there's a genuine opportunity right there to get that kind of reform in place, as well as energy reform, going all in on all types of energy and creating different energy generation mechanisms, like allowing brown field sites to have these small, common packed gas powered energy generation facilities. You can put them all over the place. They won't bother people, but it would make us more competitive and might even provide an additional amount of electricity. Not only do would act as a lure for folks out in the world looking for a state that has inexpensive energy, but something that's a salable product. If we generate too much, there's always somebody out there that's willing to buy your extra energy.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, yeah, Licensing reform energy that you know, energy reform that's not built around new subsidies or insider deals, but actually unleashing generation opportunity. The other pieces is rains. It's you know, which is regulatory reform right where we actually have the legislature need you know, when when the governor wants to create new regulations, the legislature has to give its permission, and we could finally we could finally start to hold folks accountable if they allow the scope of government to grow too large. There's there's a multitude of opportunities here, not just in a large part because of the folks who the caucuses in both the House and the Chamber have selected to get a lot of really good things done. But there's opportunities because we have a number of members who care about these kinds of things, who care about unleashing prosperity here in the Buckeye State that you know, there's work to be done, but we can get it done, and there's a multitude ideas. The grassroots is fired up, the thing takes like Buckeye Institute are fired up, and there's a fresh group members coming to the state House next year are going to be sworn in who want to see things get better. It's a really exciting time to be a conservative, to be Ohioland and to be here in Columbus working to make those things happen.
Speaker 2: It's awesome to feel optimistic for a change, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Donovan?
Speaker 5: You guys might be winning.
Speaker 4: Brian, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's see what happens.
Speaker 2: I can only pray that this has legs, and this idea and this concept of honing down this massive intrusive government, whether on a federal or a state level, maybe even a local level, can actually come true. We'll see it through fruition as long as we support your organization, Americans for Prosperity, as well as the Buck Eye Institute. You can hear my conversation from yesterday on my blog page as well as this conversation when Joe posts it up. Donovan and el keep up the great work. You're always welcome here to give us an update on things happening here. In a state of Ohio, and I appreciate again your most diligent hard work and the enthusiasm you generated among my listening audience to help out and get Bernie Marino elected here in Ohio.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, if we don't talk before, then have a happy Thanksgiving next week.
Speaker 2: Thanks man. We probably won't, but you know what you two, and I sure appreciate that. I dearly love Thanksgiving. We'll give thanks for the current set of circumstances and hope the world doesn't catch on fire between now and then. Take care of brother seven forty two fifty five care see the talk station, get in touch with John Rouman and the team underscoring the team John Roman's I saw him yesterday, his phone ringing off the hook. He's working extra late hours, burning the midnight oil because so many people are getting in touch with them about their medical insurance.
Speaker 3: Of course they are.
Speaker 2: When you explain to someone that there's a better way, a different way, a better path, and that he is willing and the team that covers since he's willing to look at what you have by way of medical insurance coverage or lack thereof, and come up with a better path for less money. Getting you better coverage. The phone's going to ring. There's no obligation for you to call them, reach out, start the process online, fill out the form of the website, or give them a ring, or give you the best information in a moment. But you can save like forty percent off what you're currently paying, maybe through your employer. Hell, if you're buying your own medical insurance independently, I guarantee you've got a massive out of pocket liability. He can close that gap and save you money. If you're a small group, you're trying to ensure your employees, he can improve your business's bottom line, getting your employees better medical coverage, making them really, really happy, and creating a huge amount of loyalty with your employ because you're providing them with these wonderful benefits. It's cover sincey give them a call or fill the format. It's a call to set up the conversations easy five to one three eight hundred call. That's five one three eight hundred two two five five. Who works with hundreds of insurance companies, access to thousands of medical insurance policies, and that's how he can customize something specific for you. It'll be several different plans packaged together. He'll explain everything. And the beautiful thing about working with cover Sincy is you continue to get the benefit of John and the team after you're insured, because they'll solve all of your problems claims, denials. He will be I don't understand the explanation of benefits. Why wasn't this claim paid? Don't deal with the insurance company. Call it John on the team, let them handle it. Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it. That's why his phone is ringing off the hook. Guys is brilliant at what he does Online. Coversincy dot com fifty five KRC Channel nine says wintery mixed today. They don't know if you have any more snow this morning. They say it will show back up around three o'clock or after three. Could be heavy at times the snow. It'll be breezy and overcast regardless, thirty six or the high down to thirty overnight with some.
Speaker 3: Scattered snow and slick spots on the road.
Speaker 2: Wintery mixed tomorrow morning with spotty light rain afterwards, going up to forty three down to thirty seven overnight with clouds. Saturday of the mostly cloudy Dana Hi have fifty.
Speaker 9: It's thirty eight right now, time for traffic from the UCUP Traffic Center. You one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes, got personalized education and treatment options from the experts at you see help learn more at ucehealth dot com.
Speaker 4: Northbound seventy five.
Speaker 9: That's running over a half hour to lay out of floor and send it downtown this morning. Southbound seventy five not much better heavy from Tailandsville to Union Center than through Blacklan. There's an accident northbound seventy one before you get into Kenwood. On the right, inbound seventy four, backs above Montana. Chuck ing Ram on fifty five KRC talk station.
Speaker 2: Fifty fout kerr CE DE Talk Station, A very happy Thursday to you of the air News. David Harnes CI with a book, The Rise of Blue Anon. How they democrat became a Party of conspiracy theorists in the meantime mystery humanitarian himself Bob Wetterer, the creator of the Wish Tree back in the program to remind everybody is that time of year forgiving and reaching down and helping people in need. Turn back the clock to when the Beachmont Mall actually existed. It was demolished in two thousand and three. Bob was there in nineteen eighty five where the Wish Tree started. Welcome back, Bob, good to have you on to talk about this wonderful charity.
Speaker 4: Morning, Brian.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. It is that time of year and it's snowing outside.
Speaker 3: That's perfect timing for that man.
Speaker 2: Everybody the Christmas Spirit or complain a lot out of Some people love it and some people hate it. But the idea of the Wistrey, I mean, this has grown tremendously. This is the fortieth year and congratulations. You put a lot of smiles on a lot of young people and needy families faces over the years. And you've got to feel really good about that.
Speaker 1: I do, and I believe that it's all the success of everybody who helps with the Wish Tree, yourself, you know, Jim Scott in the day and Bag Davidson in you now. And it's wonderful and you know when you know you can wake up on Christmas morning and there's nobody else's smile because of what you had a little part of their life to do is give them something they may not have received otherwise. Hopefully they wake up on Christmas with a smile.
Speaker 2: Amen to that, And that's what charity is all about. It is great for the recipient, and we wish there wasn't a need for it, but the idea of giving it puts a smile. It fills your heart with joy. You get to benefit from it yourself, and there's not a thing wrong with feeling really good about helping someone in need. Wishtree Program dot org with this idea is you have these trees. They're in businesses, they're all around the community. You have them outside in places. They're little ornaments hanging on them with a wish, a gift that you can buy for someone in need. Now, what does and we'll run into these. You're gonna have one at price will chill you for the listener lunch. They are the first Wednesday of December? Right, They always have one, don't they?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes, and Ron's Ruth puts one out. They're everywhere and can people still get a tree? If if there's a business out there that says, hey, I'd like to help out, can you still get them a tree?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All they have to do is call five one three, eight five two one five. That's the Wish Tree line. Oh yeah, I'll get to it right away and we'll call them. They supply the tree, we supply the tags.
Speaker 4: As up tomorrow night the Purple People.
Speaker 1: Bridge it gets and the scott Wish Tree arnament's already on it. So it's exciting. So the bridges will be live properly tomorrow night. Usually they do ceremony, but this year they're strictly doing.
Speaker 3: The lighting of it.
Speaker 2: All right, But I note from the information I got, what an amazing thing you did last year. Fifty thousand gifts were purchased by my listeners and other members of the community and donated people in need. That is really an accomplishment. I mean, one small season lasts about a month here, fifty thousand gifts that otherwise would not have been given to these families in need.
Speaker 3: Man, that is amazing.
Speaker 10: Bob.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing about it is all these charities much appreciate it. They all donate their time to help make it work, and other volunteers do this also. And you're right, we've got the rons, Russ, We've got little businesses, big businesses. You know, you've got car dealerships. It's just wonderful, and we are. Some of our charities that changed their name a little like Alder President was my original charity. Now their new path Holy Family over in Kentucky now is Holy Cross Little Sisters of a Poor.
Speaker 3: They're now Devin.
Speaker 1: Acres Senior Center. But we have twenty two actual charities, but they have all these divisions, so it's a well over forty five different charities, all right.
Speaker 2: And the way it works, explain to my listeners. They see the wish tree, there's an ornament there, they grab the ornament, they say, I'm gonna buy this gift. What do they do with the gift after they buy it?
Speaker 3: Okay, due to.
Speaker 1: The pandemic is over, we will accept them back to the location we would prefer because of the amount of volunteer hours. Say could drop it to the charity, or they can mail it to the charity. And a lot of people are using Amazon now and they just deliver it straight.
Speaker 3: Oh what a idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we will definitely have a way to pick anything up that comes in.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So if someone if if the easiest way for someone to do it, or the only way they can manage to get the gift in your hands is to go back to where the wish tree is located. That business will hold onto the gift and your folks will pick it up. Otherwise, mail it directly to the organization that's on the wish tree ornament. And you got it all covered. And I don't even necessarily want to approve Amazon or not, but you can send directly to anywhere you want through Amazon. So that makes it unbelievably for convenient for folks to help out and they'll get that gift, Bob, I will look forward to seeing.
Speaker 1: Then there's also the other one is with it with Amazon.
Speaker 4: If you go to my.
Speaker 1: Website, some of the charities actually have list on there, so they can't get to a tree itself up on the list on the website and find something and they can order it any which way or go to the store.
Speaker 2: Vibe, we don't you know whatever it Amen, brother, you made it easy. Let's get involved Wish Tree Program dot org. Just put the link up on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com. I am going to see you at Listener Lunch at Price Little Chili, right, Bob, Well you'll see art. You'll be dressed as Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: We all know that.
Speaker 2: Bob, God bless you man. Keep up the great work. Thank thank you for all that you've done and the smiles that you put on everybody's faces. Stick around Dave Harcioni with the book The Rise of bluing On and Jay Ratliffe coming up next your voice.
Speaker 5: Thank you for taking that call.
Speaker 4: Your country gives us all somewhat to think about.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is sponsored.
Speaker 12: Ignorant on the campuses talk about it.
Speaker 13: They're just getting away with all this rather.
Speaker 3: Than knowing back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: It's ato six here, fifty five kr CD talkstation, and it being Thursday, we'll hear from my heart media aviation expert Jay Rather at the bottom of the hour, as is always the case, a welcome edition to the fifty five KCY Morning Show. I'm pleased to announce David Harsanyi my next guest. You may have read what David has written in the past. He's a senior writer the Washington Examiner or a nationally syndicated columnist, author of four books contributed to New York Post. His works appeared in My Favorite Place, The Wall Street Journal, among others, including The Washington Post, Reason, USA Today, National Review, numerous other publications, and he's been a feature on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Soon to Be Demised, NPR, ABC, World News Tonight, and other outlets. Welcome to the fifty five Catsey Morning Show, David Harsining to talk about your book, The Rise of Bluing on how the Democrats became a party of conspiracy theorists.
Speaker 3: Good to have you on this show today, David, thank you for having me. I appreciate it among all the things you talk about.
Speaker 2: And you know what I've observed over the years, and my political philosophy fifty nine years so old, so you know where I am and what I've seen throughout my life if I remember the Soviet Union and all that's happened in between now and that. But the Democrats seem to me to be always accusing the Republicans of engaging in conduct that they are absolutely engaging in right before our very eyes. It's something a deflection. They literally will do things that they then accuse the Republicans of doing. And I have always just sort of out loud wondered, how is it that they think they can get away with it? Or maybe as this most recent election has shown maybe they aren't getting away with it and more smarter than they take us to be.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 4: Well, that goes back, and.
Speaker 15: That's where I start my book when Killer Clinton showed up on the Today Show and said that there had been a vast right wing conspiracy to undermine her husband, which was not true. Yeah, there's a lot of projection and deflection about that kind of stuff. Take the whole case of the Democratic Party, or not the whole case, but half the cases that was that Trump is hitler, but the other half was that democracy was in dire younger because Republicans might take over. And then the next sentence they'll say, but yeah, so we need to pack the court, you know, we need the sense of misinformation, we need to get rid of the electoral college. I think maybe you know, their version of democracy is just something that you know, is just Democratic party policies, not actually the constitutional order. So yeah, they do that with a ton of stuff, and they get away with it because a lot of our institutions are run by people who agree with them, media, higher education, and you know, many government agencies and so on.
Speaker 3: So they that's how they get away with it.
Speaker 2: Well, getting away with it and what their desire is. I guess I want to try to drive to that latter point. They say that, you know, we here on the more conservative side of the ledger. I consider myself a little libertarian, so but that we are undermining, we are going to ruin, We're going to undermine the Constitution, et cetera. What are they really ultimately looking forward? It seems to me that they want more power. They want to confiscate more of our wealth, they want to dictate the terms of conditions, more of our lives, all in the name of it, mostly predicated these these days on the underlying religion that they have been teaching to our young people now for about two decades. Is global warming crap, Like my exhalation while feeding the plants is wonderful, but it's also killing the globe. Literally everything hinges on. Oh my god, we're all going to die airgo. We need to confiscate and regulate. That's the antithesis of the freedoms and liberties that are founding fathers placed in the Constitution.
Speaker 15: Yeah well yeah, I mean in the book I wrote, it's not just about conspiracy theories, It's about currents of paranoia paranoid style of politics and global warming. Climate change has been a big part of that. I'm a little younger than you, not much, and you know I remember that, you know, twenty thirty, even almost thirty years ago, there were you know, we were told the world was going to start ending. That's when it began, and that was ten years ago. They said it was going to Yeah, so there's this apocalypse always coming. And because there's the apocalypse coming, we have to do a B and C now that you know, the Green New Deal whatever, it's always something new.
Speaker 1: And all those policies are socialistic.
Speaker 4: I mean all of them are.
Speaker 15: Carbon dioxide is everywhere and then everything. If you want to control that, you can basically control the entire economy, and that's what they want to do. So you know, that kind of paranoia drives there. They try to scaremonger you into doing the things that they want. And it's the same with other stuff.
Speaker 12: I'll give you the one what I think is one of the most pernicious strains of paranoia the suppression of the vote. Telling a whole oh yeah, you know, telling Black Americans, you know, voting buck that they are stripted agency, that they cannot vote, that people want to stop them, you know, from being wealthy, or that people want or that cops are hunting them in the streets now obviously, or a racist out there not saying every shooting is is not doesn't have racial component to it, but many of them don't.
Speaker 3: And yet be the whole BLM.
Speaker 12: Thing happened, and it was based on basically conspiracy theories.
Speaker 15: I mean, there was no in Michael Brown and others, there was no racial component to it at all and anyway, so that's one of them as well.
Speaker 2: And this conspiracy theory, this this anger and the fear mongering has been enabled by a media that is almost exclusively up until recently exclusively dominated by left leaning commentators and left leaning talking heads. How they ended up taking over all of media is beyond my comprehension, David. But you know what, again, this election I think confirmed and has shown most of these left wing organizations that people are smarter than that. They've moved away from the msnbcs and the CNNs and even the NBC's ABC's of the world. They've gone out into the world and they start consuming contact like content like the podcast Joe Rogan, He'll have long, engaging conversations with people of all political stripes, doing a more deep dive. People really consume that and are interested in it because it's informative. It offers greater insight in what people really think and believe, and it provides an opportunity for a back and forth. It reveals again what you've laid out in your book. A lot of nonsense and garbage. We can find that now with the Internet in these days.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean I agree with all that, but we also have to admit that Well, let me just take a step back and say, when I was young. You know, I was growing up in New York, and there were many newspapers and we knew they were all biased in some way. You read it, you know, you knew it was biased, but you could read between the lines and you could figure out what was going on. They didn't make things up for the most part. You know, you could have the CIA director come on the to our former CIA director would come on the TV and he'd say something. You'd probably believe it because he wouldn't lie to you about it. But that is no longer the case. Things have become so politicized in media that they made up the Russia collusion hoax. I mean, either they made it up or they were too stupid not to know it was it was true, and either way they shouldn't be journalists. And then there was no reckoning. They went on and they hid Joe Biden's you know, acuity decline in his physical decline. Then they turned you know on a dime when it was you know, the sled us, and then they turned down time. So they're not even journalists, their activists. But here's the thing, if we need there are a lot of boring Like Joe Rogan's conversations are great, but there's a lot of boring journalistic work that needs to be done, and that takes a lot of money, and the big media has that money and they're not doing their job. So if tomorrow Donald Trump actually did something terrible and they told us that about it, no one would believe them. No one would believe them. And we need a media that is and does look at the powerful, and we don't have that. So that's bad for America. It's good that we stop listening to them because they've been lying to us, but it's bad that they don't do the right thing.
Speaker 3: Well, what I mean yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And here's a question I've been asking out a lot of my listeners because I got a kind of sense that they might start waking up to this echo chamber that they have been stuck in and realize that we are smarter than what they had been feeding us and change their ways. I mean, CNN may be moving a little bit more centrist, offering more political points of view. I know that there are some newspapers out there who are on all in sad, sad, desperate shape to even stay afloat, didn't offer a political support for Kamala Harris, took a lot of hits from the left wingers, but sort of maybe engaging in a shift to more responsible journalism. Do you think it's too late for them to do that or can we might find it? Maybe this might be an opportunity for a renaissance where we can actually start counting on media to provide us with maybe an unbiased assessment of the facts and not offer any commentary.
Speaker 3: At the same time, I.
Speaker 15: Hate that I can't be very positive. That's again, yeah, I think it's not so the owner of the Washington Post, doesn't you know, endo worst and everyone goes bananas there, which just shows you how off the ranch they are exactly. The Pull paper is already hardcore left. Yes, every single concert SoCal conservative writer on their opinion pages. It actually just hates Trump. Listen, you don't have to like Donald Trump. I'm critical of Donald Trump. But the thing is you're not representing the readership of your paper or America. There are people in this country are more than have voted for Donald Trump. Me, you know what I mean, And no one knows or understands what that is about. Is this guy Scott Jennings on CNN who does a very good job. He's a conservative, but what makes me laugh is that he brings up topics and these other people don't even like. It's like they never even heard the arguments. They don't understand what the other side's all about. So, but the problem isn't that you can just have an owner who changes things. The entire culture going down into journalism school all the way up. I mean, you have assistant editorial people revolting against the New York Times op at page editor, and who gets fired The op at page guy gets fired for running something they didn't like. Young people today are coming out of journalism school, not all young people, but especially them, They cannot abide by a differing opinion because they don't see it as an opposing opinion. They see it as an immoral evil, you know, thing that needs not to be heard. They don't debate. I mean, I got to say, I've been around a while and I don't think I had a real policy a debate with a liberal or a left winger in a long time, and certainly not in this election. It was all just you are a Russian spoof. Yeah you call it, you know, bought by big this and big that. Your NRA owns you, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, I mean I've always observed David, and I know you feel the same way about this. Once anytime an actual debate, when it gets reduced to someone screaming at you and calling you names, you can chalk one up in the win column, because name calling is not debate. And them screaming at you know, Donald Trump nazi, Donald Trump nazi not only is absolutely ridiculous from a factual standpoint, they're not supporting their cause by offering thoughtful logic and reason in support for what they're advocating.
Speaker 3: So that's.
Speaker 15: Cause because yeah, I so, for instance, I don't like Yeah, I'm sort of libertarian whatever, I'm a free market guy. I don't like teriff. I don't like certain things Donald Trump says. But you just keep calling him hitler. You force someone like me to get out there and defend it because he's not Hitler. And you know what, Hitler was a really bad guy, and real bad things happen and historic in context, it's a terrible thing to the mean history in that way. So you push people actually to defend Donald Trump, who might not.
Speaker 3: Like all the stuff he's doing.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, and you know when you do that, no one will trust anything you say about the guy, as I mentioned before, So yeah, I mean I think they undermine their case well.
Speaker 4: And the other one.
Speaker 2: They keep running around screaming Donald Trump fascist. I keep reminding everyone, why would you please go and look up a dictionary and read what the word fascist means. You know, it is the state control of the means of production. And that is exactly what the left is all about. They are literally about controlling every aspect of business. They are the definition of fascist. But because Donald Trump is a charismatic leader, oh see, like Barack Obama was the ergo, he is Hitler. He is a fascist. It's just insane, and they undermine their own credibility. And they also well it's basically are admitting to their own ignorance about factual definitions. But moving over, you mentioned something about the money that is required to run a new use outlet, whether it's biased or not, it does take money. I've been saying this for years and years. Aren't they not? Are they not undermining their own business model when they continue to attack free markets and business generally speaking, they are advocating for putting themselves out of business because what advertisers are going to support that kind of thing.
Speaker 15: Well, they're you know, you're you're assigning rationality to people who were not very irrationally. Mean, you know a lot of times.
Speaker 12: Politics and partisanship, and this goes across all.
Speaker 3: You know, parties and everything.
Speaker 4: You know, you get irrational.
Speaker 15: You're part of people don't like when I use this word, but a mob in a sense, not a violent mob. But you're just its group think and they they just think. Listen, and the incentives, the incentives of the first Donald Trump presidency, all the incentives for journalists was were to be over the top. You got ratings if you kept saying that you know, Trump was hitler. Think about this, what report. If you're a reporters doing good tempered work, you do it. You know, you're digging in, You're you're you know, you're just doing your job. You're not going to get a million followers. The person who has a million followers is the one who sat Donald Trump's going to you know, make American, to Handmaid's tail or whatever. That's the person who gets all the attention. So all the incentives for these people are to be over the top and to talk that way. So until all of that changes, I'm not sure you know that they can change. And yeah, I mean maybe they'll be hurt, maybe not. I mean the New York Times actually just pretty well. But the Washington Post I think lost like seventy million dollars or something last year. Yes, so they have they have these sugar daddies who back them, and that's fine. I mean, listening had happened, but it's not a good business model, as you point out. So I don't know, I don't know if they're going to come to their senses anymore.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: David Harsani, author of the book we're talking about today, you can get a copy of it on my blog page. If you have Carecy dot com The Rise of Blunon you can read into that the reason for the title, how the Democrats became a Party of conspiracy theorist David. It has been a real pleasure having you on. I'm gonna encourage my listeners to get a copy of the book, read it and thoroughly enjoy it, and then let their friends read it when they're done with it, as I always encourage Dave.
Speaker 3: Keep up the great work.
Speaker 2: I know we're going to continue to read what you write and all these media outlets that you write for. It's been an enjoyable experience having you on the morning show, and I know it's going to be a really enjoyable experience reading your book or reading your book, The Rise of bluing On.
Speaker 3: Have a wonderful day, my friend you two.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's eight twenty coming up on Jay right left bottom of the hour for Iartmedia. Have some really fun stuff to talk about with Jay, which is typically the case.
Speaker 3: Don't go away. He'll be coming up soon. Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Kick off Christmas with our iHeartRadio Holidays a twenty three I think about KERRCD talk station. Yeah, one thing I should have asked, and I handed the back of my mind to ask the David mentioned journalism school, and I think everybody might listening to the audience is painfully aware the vast majority of the higher educations are just filled with nothing but left winging professors. They're the ones that are teaching these new journalists to be this bias and this insane and this well conspiratorially oriented, in spite of the fact that if anybody stepped outside of themselves and looked at their viewpoint from a ten thousand foot level and actually took into consideration the other side's point of view, they wouldn't be sadam brainwashed. But they're surrounded by this liberal echo chamber. You can't get away from it. And I've heard from folks that are you know, in college or you know, I know professors that are still of conservative mindset that are still teaching in colleges. Pretty much got to keep your conservative point of view to yourself or you're going to run the risk of getting a bad grade or alienated and ostracized by your fellow students, which as a young person I think you probably take that a little bit more seriously than someone who's my age, who couldn't give a flying rip about what someone an opinion, someone formulates based upon my viewpoints or outlooks. But I'm willing to discuss mine with you and engage in a thoughtful conversation. But you know, you start boiling it down to name calling. That's when I just say, you know, I got two words for you. It ain't happy birthday and move away. But more to the point, do you have to have a journalism degree to actually be a journalist? We have a right to the free press. What does it mean to be part of the press. The Internet's right in front of you. I can sit down and write a scribe and a home even and publish it immediately online for all to read. Do I need a journalism degree to have that have any credibility?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: You can still go through a thoughtful analysis and say no, Thomas, this is crap for the following reasons, or you know, you made some good points.
Speaker 3: I agree with you here and here.
Speaker 2: We might have a debate about that, but everybody can report you see something out in the street, You got your cell phone. Everybody's taking a video of what's going on in real time? Is that not in fact journalism?
Speaker 3: In some way?
Speaker 2: Anyone can start a podcast. Joe Strecker just reminded me that, which allows me to springboard into a proper Joe Strecker, who does produce podcasts. He does a whole multitude of them. Some subject matter you find fascinating interesting. You are a jack of all trade and master of none, or you have a wonderful you know, you know, perception on something that nobody's touched upon in the podcast world. You hire Joe Strecker and you get a podcast out of it. Your message is then broadcasts around the world for all who choose to consume it. Are you not really part of the press in that capacity even though you lack a journalism degree from some left wing college institution. That's an interesting thought experience experience. I don't know that that has ever been tested in court. You know, what does it mean to be a journalist? And you're right? Joe Rogan is an a journalist. He is a comedian and a thought full interviewer. He has skills that are obviously on full open for full view for anyone at any time. He does a really good job and a whole variety of topics. I say he is every bit as much of a journalist as anybody who comes out of school with a degree in journalism, except he's been free of the brainwashing component.
Speaker 3: A twenty six.
Speaker 2: Always look forward to this time of day on the Thursdays because Jay Ratlift's coming up next with some really fun topics to talk about, of course, in the field of aviation.
Speaker 3: Be right back fifty five KRC the talk station. If you're Ay thirty one, fifty five KRCD Talk Station.
Speaker 2: A very happy Friday eve. You always made extra special happier because I heard me the aviation expert Jay Ratliff joins the program. His real job is to actually make money in the stock market, and you too could learn how to make six thousand dollars in twelve minutes.
Speaker 8: So we don't do that. We don't do that all the time.
Speaker 3: But that was that was good.
Speaker 8: But yeah, we're halfway through the fourth quarter and I think my portfolio is up sixty nine percent. See that, to me is one of the reasons that I do not like the long term buy, hold and pray approach because to me, it's a catch and release and the more you do it, the more.
Speaker 2: You make Yeah, I know, and you do teach people your method and I know that works, and I've observed it over the years because you always keep me up to speed on it. It's like you're trying to make me jealous. Jay twelve.
Speaker 4: I just want to make it.
Speaker 8: Just don't want you to think I'm full of it, so you know, no, No, I'm a I agree of integrity to this show and I want to make sure I maintain those high that high level.
Speaker 2: Well, if you had your say, since Spirit Airlines has filed for Chapter eleven bankruptcy, would that merger what was with Jet Blue that was denied or prohibited by the government officials? Would that have saved Spirit from this?
Speaker 8: I think it could have. But the problem was that when you when you overlap the two route maps, there were so many cities they served at the same time that you were going to be seeing a great number of jobs lost and you were going to see far fewer flights as a result of that combination. And that's one of the reasons that the government didn't allow it. It's simply just from a consumer standpoint, it didn't make sense because the two things that would happen would be you'd have airports that would be less served because you'd have two airlines now just down to one. And if combined they operated nine flights a day into a specific airport, A combined airlines is not going to operate nine, They're going to operate four or five. You're going to have fewer employees, and the fewer number of low cost seats that you have, the higher the fare. So just all around was never anything I like now when initially when Spirit and Frontier were going to get together, you lay those route maps down and they were perfect. They compliment each other perfectly, And that's the one I wanted because I thought the two of these combined could really create a stronger low cost carrier. The problem was Jet Blue, Like you know, some rich suitor steps in and says, let me pay more. And that's when you know, Spirit count told Frontier see you later, and left. And the funny part was after the merger with Jet Blue was denied, Spirit went limping back to Frontier and Frontier said, no, we don't want to merge now, of course, And you know, you and I have talked because for the last three months, four months, I've had people email. Let me say, Jay, Spirit Airlines, my gosh, their stock is done eighty five percent this year. It's got to be a screaming buy. I said, Well, part of that's right, screaming is accurate. Please do not buy it. Because it was at two fifty.
Speaker 12: Three dollars a share what have you.
Speaker 8: And when the file for bankruptcy took place, as we expected that it would yesterday or day before, that stock dropped to what fifteen cents of share?
Speaker 3: Whoa Well, you just don't.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's just that's one of the reasons that when people email me saying, hey, Jay, this stock said it it's fifty two weeks low. Who cares? Who cares? It's at that low for a very good reason. That doesn't mean go by it, but you know, it's just that's what the way some people think from an investment standpoint, And a lot of people played follow the leader and ended up losing a great deal of money in the process. And you just got to be careful. Now, look, if a lot of people that have Spirit Airlines and their cities listen to us, I know because they email me if I've got a reservation on Spirit, I'm not worried they're going to continue business as usual. The Chapter eleven process is something that is core to prove mandated overseeing, and it's what American Airlines has gone through, it's what United Airlines has gone through. So many of these carriers have So from our side of the ticket counter, we're probably not going to notice much of a change.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: Spirit's not made money since I don't know, five or six years ago. They've lost a ton of money. But they're changing their business model so that they're going to start offering some premium seats and other things. And Brian, I'm excited for them, and I really think they're going to come out of this much stronger. I still want to see him here in Cincinnati because, look, I want as many low cost carrier seats in this airport as.
Speaker 3: We can get a men to that.
Speaker 2: And hasn't the landscape changed for the better for the consumer here in Cincinnati because of the offerings that we have now that we used to not have.
Speaker 8: Well, the hard work by the people that are there. Candae mcgrols, you know, on her way out to bigger and better things, and she and her team and many of them who've told me not to mention them on the air because I want to brag on them like crazy. They say, Nope, it's a team effort, so we're going to stay a team. They're doing a great job. And Brian, the stuff they do behind the scenes to get existing carriers to give us more flights and to bring in new carriers to give us more options is just incredible. They are the envy of the country. They continue to be. And I'm asked about Cincinnati when I'm on the West coast talking in New England. They're like, my gosh, you know, Cincinnati's really turned it around. How did they do it? And I said, because the community is now supporting low cost carriers and they're flooding in here and taking advantage of it.
Speaker 2: Unsung here is behind the scenes making things better for all of us. Will continue.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 2: Why does an air traffic controller need to warn a plane about avoiding mountains? Big question I've got. We'll talk about that one. A whole bunch more coming up with I Art Media, Ava Snaxsbert Jay Rattle. If I hope you stick around, Spoz Kruger will be a little busy this morning, bread milk, stay off the roads. If you can't manage wet roads I art media viation. Nextbert Jay rattle if this next story that you identified has got me a little bit puzzled. And air traffic controller orders an American Airline flight to expedite a climb to avoid mountains.
Speaker 8: What, yes, Well that it's true, and we're trying to find it exactly the sequence of events here. But the American Airlines flight took off out of Honolulu, and there's a correction in course after you take off and an increase altitude that for some reason wasn't being executed by this particular flight crew, and the air traffic controller noticed it and told them to expedite their climb. Now, when the term expedite is used, it's used for a very specific reason.
Speaker 3: It means do it now.
Speaker 1: A mountain?
Speaker 8: Well, they weren't. They weren't close to it, because I mean, had they been close, dangerously close, you would have had the traffic collision avoidance system kick in telling them low terrain pull up, and they would have responded immediately to avert any danger or impact into the mountain. Now keep in mind that they weren't at that point. But the headlines around the country, all I read was you know this aircraft narrowly missed the mountain, and you know it wasn't really the case, but you know, heats off to the air traffic controller who was monitoring it and saw what was going on and told them to do it, and the flight crew immediately complied. And right now they're looking at somethings trying to figure out, Okay, was the reason for this. Was it a pilot air was it some sort of a maintenance issue with some of the components on the aircraft? Miscommunication? Yeah, I mean, they're gonna have to look at exactly what caused it. But Brian, one of the things that to me, I'm the most thankful for in this kind of a situation is that a mistake was made and we can learn from that and we can make commercial aviation safer as a result, and no one got hurt or killed. Far too often these lessons have to come at the expense of injuries or fatalities. So anytime that we can learn a lesson about something that's going to make aviation even safer than it is, then I'm thrilled, because we just you know, made a mistake, Yes, but whatever happened is going to be communicated to airlines and flight crews around the entire world. So we're all going to learn from it, and we're all going to see commercial aviation improve as a result. Well, even if it was a dumb mistake, it's going to be something highlighted that we can avoid in.
Speaker 2: The future, fair enough, And you know, illustration why it's nice to have live people in the cockpit, and also it's great to have air traffic controls that are paying attention. And everything fell into place and the problem.
Speaker 3: Was indeed avoided.
Speaker 4: So you're right.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you focus on the positivity, which is one of the reasons I like you so much, Jay, You were always focusing on the positive.
Speaker 3: All right, moving over there, try to.
Speaker 8: More than our friends at Boeing who are laying off what seventeen thousand employees, And I mean the Boeing CEO came out and said, I mean, look, we're to low here. And his frustration is he told is his employees, we're spending more time arguing among ourselves than trying to figure out how we can catch air bus. And he's really trying to change the culture, the mindset, the just the thought process of the employees there, saying look, we've got one hundred thousand people that we've got to be pointed in the right direction, and if we're not, we're gonna have problems. And his hands are full and he's doing everything that he can. But look, they just gave their employees a massive, massive pay raise, and to think that that wasn't going to come at the cost of some jobs, I mean, please hello, I mean, of course they're going to have to figure out a way to do it because Bowen's losing money right now. They're not going to get paid till those aircraft get delivered. You got to make them before they can deliver them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just waiting to have on your list. You know, Boeing files for Chapter eleven bankruptcy someday here, Jay Rattler.
Speaker 8: No, it's I mean, they're they're a point well, with all the defense contract that they've got to I suspect they're going to be getting a lot more here soon. They're going to be okay there, But on the commercial aviation side of things, they've really got to kick it in the gear. And as I've told you, my fear is if they get into bigger hurry, do we run the risk of a making mistakes that got us into this messment.
Speaker 3: First ones more than likely.
Speaker 2: Let's pause, We'll bring Jay Ratler back because I don't want to give short trip to this next story, because yet I believe it can happen in Haiti, but Dallas, hang on a second, one more with Jay Rattler here on a Friday, Eve eight, forty five and fifty five krs the talk station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: What up, everybody, It's Peter Schrager. One more time for the weather, one more time.
Speaker 2: Remind you get some snow out there today, they say after three pm it could be heavy at times. Just be careful on the road. Thirty six will be a high today and that's right where it is now, a little bit lower, overcast, overnight, breezy and some snow as well. Slick roads are possible. Thirty for the overnight. Forty three the high tomorrow, with a wintery mix in the morning, spotty light rain after that moves out, mostly cloudy over night down to thirty seven. Saturday is going to be a high of fifty with mostly cloudy skies closing down at thirty five.
Speaker 3: Time for final traffic.
Speaker 4: Chuck Ingram from the UC Skelp Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Got personalized education and treatment options from the experts at u seel Learn more at ucl dot com. Cruise continue to work for the wreck. E's found on the rank In Highway near Cowberth. Traffic is heavy from Hamilton Avenue. You can add close to an extra half hour northbound seventy five between Burlington Pike and downtown. There's a wreck on seven forty seven above Union Set chuck Ing Romo fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: They talk station.
Speaker 3: We've never been in the cockpit before.
Speaker 2: May it'd be a very safe place to be understanding what the next story is all about. Jay Ratliff, I heard me the aviation expert. This one's got me kind of wigged out. Jay, I've been concerned about the mass influx of immigrants. A lot of people have no idea why they're here, what they want to do other here. I'm concerned about potential tarist cells all that, and I'm familiar enough with ballistics and firearms and rifles to know that, yeah, pretty much anybody could hit an airplane if that's what they want to do. Now, it happened in Haiti, where there's so much disruption and political discord and they haven't had their act together for decades and decades they got gangs from the place. It's basically anarchy. So it happens in Haiti, I can kind of get it. But a Southwest Airline plane in Dallas got hit by a gun by gunfire prior to departure, and that's got me a little freaked out. Do we know exactly anything behind the details on this jay We do not yet.
Speaker 8: And one of the things that we know is that at the time of it happening, the flight crew heard something that they described as a rattle as they were preparing for takeoff, and they thought it was a mechanical issue, went back to the gate and told the passengers on board there might be a possible mechanical issue, and they obviously when got back to the gate, they found a bullet hole in the side of the aircraft. Passengers were simply re routed, most of them totally unaware of what had happened, not till the news came out later in the day, and then law enforcement got involved so that they could try to determine, Okay, was this a targeted event where somebody was specifically aiming at this Southwest Airline seven thirty seven, or was it someone a mile away or whatever that just an errant shot that just happened to hit the aircraft. You had the FBI as well as the Dallas Police that are working together. They're going through some neighborhoods talking to some people and trying to see if they can get a little bit more information on how this can happen, because obviously what we want is it to be some drunk guy in the backyard the discharge as a firearm and that happens to hit an aircraft, versus somebody that would think about doing something like that. So I still suspect it's going to be the latter, not the former. But you know, we're gonna have to wait and see where the investigation goes, because you know, as you know, they can look at how far it penetrated, they can look at the type of bullet, and they can get an idea at the speed at which it struck the aircraft, which you can give them an idea of the distance, and they can reverse engineer it and back it up to try to answer a lot of questions, right now that we do not have, but hopefully in the next few weeks that we will, because any sort of attack on commercial aviation is a game changer for every airport in the country. So that's one of the reasons when this kind of thing happens, gets a lot of people's attention real quick.
Speaker 2: And that is a great thing. That's just frightening to me. Hell I grew up in Dell High I had friends who lived in Palisades. You could almost touch an airplane getting ready to land over at CDG from their neighborhood, So I have an appreciation of how blank and dangerous this is. It's bad enough that people pointing lasers at planes all the times, but you know, actually shooting at them. That's his next level stuff, all right, flight canceled. Joe Strecker mentioned Richard gear In connects with this next story earlier in the program. Not quite sure where he was coming from, but the story involves hamsters.
Speaker 8: Still don't know where he's coming from, but that's okay, that's you. But this he's giving me a hard time this morning, and gave him a hard time. The plane of lands in Portugal and they open up the cargo ben to you know, take off the bags and cargo, and there was a container that had one hundred and thirty hamsters in it that were going to going to a pet store. It came open, so they popped that cargo thing and all of a sudden, you've got hamsters everywhere, jumping out on the ground, taking off runt around the inside of the aircraft and you know, cue the Mission Impossible music. Now you've got to collect them because when this kind of thing happens, and it happens from time to time, you have to make sure you collect every single one of those little guys, because if you have any that are unaccounted for, you need to know where they're at because they'd like to chew through little things like wires and wires keep airplanes in the sky. So this aircraft sat in Portugal for four days as they were searching for one hundred and thirty hamsters. Now they got most of them pretty quick, but there were eighteen or nineteen stragglers that they had to go after, and by the time they do collect them, Brandon. They've got to also do just kind of a maintenance sweep of the aircraft, knows to tail, just to make sure that there's not any components that might have been accessed and maybe compromised by one of these hamsters. So it's a funny story. Nobody got hurt, I mean funny. We weren't over there waiting to catch the flight that was canceled for the hamers.
Speaker 4: But it was an.
Speaker 8: Inconvenience, yes, but nobody got injured or anything. And it wasn't like they were loose in the passenger compartment. That would have been a lot more fun if you had one hundred and thirty of them running through there during the flight. But yeah, we've had situations that in Atlanta where we'd have planes land that there was a bunch of white mice that were going different places. In the box was cardboard that got wet and they all came out, and you had white mice going everywhere when the door was opened to undo the cargo. So it happens, and they took their time trying to find all these answers.
Speaker 2: Joe's mister commedia today he just said, wait for it's the next Samuel L. Jackson movie. You'll be coming out. Won't be snakes this time, addiehow as we always end hub delays, Jay Rattle of how's it looking out there to fly to that.
Speaker 8: Well, we've had some de icing delays this morning. I know we're at the end of November. I still want to talk about that. But Chicago, New York, Boston and San Francisco getting hammered big time. Some of these weather delays in one to two hours. And if anything, because we do like to look at the positive, it's this Thursday, not next Thursday. So let's hope we get all the bad weather out of the way now so the next week we can enjoy some commerce. Guys.
Speaker 2: Ay man, they say it's gonna be like eighty million people traveling for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Let's pray for to be interesting.
Speaker 8: Ye, pray for scho because you know it's you'll be working that not working that day. I won't be working that day. So yeah, if you don't pick another day, we'll just have to skip next week. And gives me a chance to wish an early happy Thanksgiving, not my friend, a lot to be thankful.
Speaker 2: For, Amen to that, brother, and a happy Thanksgiving to you and you're of course better half.
Speaker 3: God bless you.
Speaker 13: Jay.
Speaker 2: I always enjoy this segment. I'll look forward to doing it again two weeks from today. Take care and have safe holidays, my friend. It's eight fifty six at fifty five k se Detalk Station Tech Friday Tomorrow with Dave Hatter Every Friday at six thirty Donovan and Neil Americans for Prosperity on the Hio Senate Leader and Speaker. This morning, Bob Wetter get in touch with a wish tree helps someone out in need this Christmas season. Bob makes that easy for you to do the details at fifty five krs dot com along with Dave Harsanyi's book The Rise of Blue Anon. Check out the podcast and get a copy of the book fifty five KRCA dot com. God bless you Jay Star Joe Strecker for producing the program and cracking me up multiple times today. I sure appreciate you doing that and I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Folks, have a great day and stick around for Glenn back.
Speaker 3: Look what it happened.
Speaker 2: This is the greatest political comeback comeback of all time.
Speaker 5: This has ever been two, three, four times Today fifty five krc D Talk Station.
Speaker 3: This report