Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hey guys, and welcome to where are we at? Episode thirty five. I have such a hard time with counting, I know, especially past twelve.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, once you run out of fingers and toes, so you're called twenty four.
Speaker 1: And then you're like twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got six fingers and six toes.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, what does that saying about you?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I got five.
Speaker 1: I'm not a.
Speaker 2: Muty okay nerd Yeah, I guess I am. But anyway, we did an amazingly fun and crazy thing.
Speaker 1: This was super fun.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it, but my feet got tired. I got a little cold, have to say. It was a little nippy out. But anyway, we're jumping ahead of the gun. What did we do, Austin?
Speaker 1: We went to Well, we talked about it. I know, it's not let's not build any substense because well.
Speaker 2: People might already listen to the previous episode, so they might not know.
Speaker 1: For those of you who didn't listen to our last episode, stop and catch up. Stop, break it down and listen, break it down? Is it collaborate? Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Stop? Collaborate and listen? This is back with the brand new evench and something for the hold of Me Tightly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay of that. But yeah, we went somewhere. We went somewhere and we talked about that we were going in our last episode. It was kind of like laying the bedrock, is what I said, the foundation.
Speaker 1: The foundation. Oh yeah, because we went to old Idaho State Penitentiary. That's a prison for those of you who don't understand larger words. Yeah, and the.
Speaker 2: Reason they say old is because it's no longer in service.
Speaker 1: And old it's not a big word. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's okay with it. But it's been closed for since nineteen seventy two. It became a National Historical building and they have a Preservation since Society that actually has an office right there on the penitentiary campus and they sell souvenirs and they have tours and you can go through and it's left in a state like it was when they closed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was pretty surprised. So we went in there, right, we'll talk more about what we did, but we walked around all over, Yeah, and I was surprised. They were like cans of like borax or whatever kind of soap comet powder, cans in the corners, just caked in dust like they'd been there. Like some guard got poop on him, washed his arms and hands off, and then threw the bottle in the corner and just left it.
Speaker 2: I think they left it intentionally as it was. Some of the cells you could tell they really hadn't been cleaned or anything, and they had some riots. So some of them were burned.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, completely burned.
Speaker 2: And some of them, you know, like in some of the places you go and there'd be art on the walls that the inmates drew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lots of art. I was pretty impressive. Some of them were actually three dimensional, you know, they had like a side profile of a person. And it was good. They were done really well.
Speaker 2: But it was really creepy because we were part of an investigation team being led by a group of paranormal investigators called Big River Paranormal And we met there at nine fifteen in the evening and we were there till what two three in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty late.
Speaker 2: And you go through the entire place and the lights are off, so it's dark. There's some yard lights and stuff like that. That's that's all out in the you know, the main courtyards, but as far as the buildings themselves, they're totally dark except for maybe some moonlight or some you know, yard lights coming through the windows.
Speaker 1: And then we had flashlights and stuff and yeah, like recorders. We brought recorders. The guy had like an MF detector and they we actually they had EVP recorders, and we went by like a station that senses like electro I don't know what the technical study maybe or like it basically senses motion and makes a bright light when motion goes across it.
Speaker 2: So we saw it at some geeky paranormal investigator. It came up with like a whole table of all kinds of equipment and he had like on this board. It looked kind of looked like a soundboard, like if you're a musician.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go talk to him, but yeah, so tell me about this thing and you know one thing that was really interesting.
Speaker 2: So we get there and they knew we were coming, and so they joined us with a group of investigators that were kind of I guess you could say they were very experienced seasoned. Yeah, they do it regularly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of their hoppy.
Speaker 2: And so a shout out to Matt and Daniel Daniel, Yeah, they were really Mike. No, it was Matt.
Speaker 1: You're Mike. I'm Mike, I'm Dan, You're Austin. I'm so confused. I know it was very confusing.
Speaker 2: But Matt and Daniel had gone on quite a few of these and you could tell they were really into it. They had some good equipment and they were really eager to kind of share their adventures and some of their experiences. Maybe we'll get them on sometime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, shout out yeah yea and Dan salute. Yeah. Nice guys.
Speaker 2: But our leader of our group was actually very nice to Her name was Kim.
Speaker 1: Kim and I remember Kim Marie.
Speaker 2: Came in when we were in one of the buildings, I don't remember the name of the building, and she kind of told a couple of her experiences, and I thought that was kind of cool. So you gotta kind of get the picture of what's going on here. And we're gonna put some of the videos that we took on our YouTube channel. So go to our website and I'll put a link to that and you can see what these places actually look like. They're nothing fancy. We don't have fancy cameras. And stuff, so don't expect too much.
Speaker 1: Anybody with a phone nowadays has a fancy camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we used, your phone, But you know, at night you can't see a lot of things.
Speaker 1: It was kind of weird because we were recording with our phones and then there's so much dust in there, and at night when it's dart those particles, there's particles floating around, so it made a real eerie. Yeah, even in the flashlight, you could just see big blurs of dust and stuff floating around here.
Speaker 2: I kept thinking, I wonder if that's like asbestos.
Speaker 1: It mind it been.
Speaker 2: But we were wearing masks because you had to, so it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was an interesting place, and like we said, it was a paranormal investigation adventure. So the whole idea is to make contact with some kind of spirit or being from the other side.
Speaker 1: Right, And if you listen to our last episode, some of those spirits are beings are a little bit nefarious.
Speaker 2: Great nefarious. We talked about probably the most famous inmate that was actually executed.
Speaker 1: It would have happened with him.
Speaker 2: And you know what's really strange is a lot of the paranormal investigators that go there like ghost hunters and stuff like that, they are always trying to make contact with this Snowden character. And the reason is because he's he was a bad guy. He killed a lady, stabbed her twenty nine times after sliving. Yeah, bad thing. But anyway, if you want to hear that story, it's in our previous podcast, YEP, which is episode thirty four The Folk.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, before we get really into the specifics of our investigation, let's talk a little bit about the process because it was interesting. We've never done this before in a formal way. I mean, we've gone out and went to Miller's Gate and we went to the Gooding Tuberculosis Hospital, but we didn't really investigate like the way that like professional paranormal investigators investigate.
Speaker 1: So let's let's start from the top. So we showed up at your house at about eight o'clock, about eight eight fifteen somewhere. The taco bell ran a little late, so some of us were a little late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which we should say. We had a guest with us, We had Dave with us.
Speaker 1: So we pull up to your house. We all hop out. I rode my motorcycle because I'm super dope. And then we came into your house. We did an id L.
Speaker 2: An investigation destination libation YEP as a team, as a kickoff, you know, like we normally do when we do a new investigation.
Speaker 1: And then we hopped into the little tiny IDV, the little toaster car. Yeah, toast sign on XB.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We put the magnet stickers on the door so people could know that we.
Speaker 1: Were official, and we cruised on down to the Old Eyed Host State Penitentiary.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of a fun little drive. You go down this little road called Warm Springs Road, and there are like all these mansions there.
Speaker 1: I don't know about mansions, well, some bigger mansion, biggerhouses. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we pull up and we get out, and there's what maybe forty fifty people lounging around on the outside of the entrance to the Old State Penitentiary.
Speaker 1: I'd say like thirty to fifty, thirty to fIF I don't think there were one hundred. I didn't say hundred. What'd you say, forty to fifty? Oh yeah, you were right.
Speaker 2: Well, when we got there, there was probably maybe twenty, but by time we accumulate, by the time we went in, it was probably maybe forty to fifty people. I thought it was pretty cool though, because when we got there, the lead person for Big River Paranormal came out and said, is Mike and Austin here, we are here, man, We're like, we're over here.
Speaker 1: And they go, Okay, we're gonna put you in a special group. You're gonna go last. I don't know about special, I mean special special she did.
Speaker 2: She said, I'm going to put you in a special group and you're gonna go last with Kim. And I don't know if that's because Kim's really awesome or because they were hoping that they would scare all the ghosts away before we before to go there in the last group. Yeah, but what they did is they divided all the people up into five teams, and so every group would go to one of the buildings to start the night, and then like every fifty minutes they would change and go to.
Speaker 1: Another musical chairs thing going on exactly. Yeah, you know what I thought was really cool when we pulled up and it comes back around full so cool. But we pulled up, we got out, we started walking that direction towards the group, the front door area. Yeah, and I look up and I see this big owl. Oh yeah, yeah, go flying over us. And I was like, wow, there's an owl. Owls are mystical. There is a lot of symbology without symbolism. Yeah, symbology is the study of symbols. I think, I like, have you ever seen Boutondox Saints.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm a hack. I can say symbology. I can say what I want to say.
Speaker 1: Well, then I am the guy from Budendox Saints, and I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Symbolism, symbolism, Okay, so yeah, okay, Owls have a lot of symbolism.
Speaker 1: Perfect, Okay. Anyway, people who have seen Boutondox Saints know what I'm talking about. Okay, I hope so because I have no clue what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: You, So, so what is the symbolism of an owl? What does an owl symbolize?
Speaker 1: Kind of like magical? Are you sure? Give me a second? Because because I've seen the Labyrinth him, aren't you you're the Goblin King?
Speaker 2: Sarah, go back to your room, play with yours and your costumes.
Speaker 1: And David Bowie comes as an owl? Oh he turns. They're kind of like mystical, and I think that the owl is also a sign of death.
Speaker 2: I think we need more official information. Hey, what does an owl symbolize?
Speaker 3: On the website worldbirds dot org, they say, while some cultures believe vowels to be magicians or heralds of death, the white owl symbolizes wisdom and endurance.
Speaker 4: Do you want a little more context?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please? Wisdom and death. Bro, you screwed up Google.
Speaker 3: According to Wikipedia, death row, also known as condemned roe, is a place in a prison that houses inmates awaiting execution after being convicted of a capital crime.
Speaker 1: Totally deil, I know, but it was on top of it, I know, how serious? That was pretty cool?
Speaker 2: Okay, what does an owl symbolize?
Speaker 3: Do you want a little more context? Yes, owl symbolism and meaning. Owls are generally as simple of paranormal wisdom, regal silence, and fierce intelligence. While some cultures believe owls to be magicians or heralds of death, the white owl symbolizes wisdom and endurance. The mixed symology makes us curious even more.
Speaker 1: She said symbology. She did not, She said the mixed symbology symbolism. Symbology is a word. It is a word. It's a study of symbolism. You don't say, what's your psychology?
Speaker 2: Would you let me ask Google?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Hey, what does symbology mean?
Speaker 3: Symbology is used as a noun to mean the study or use of symbols, as in the unschooled relied heavily on symbology.
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear how symbology is felled?
Speaker 1: No? Thank you? Berdo Saints.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, stop, okay, yeah, what's happening? Okay, let's quit talking about an owl? We saw an owl.
Speaker 1: It was cool and it could mean some paranormal kind of thing, paranormal symbolism or death.
Speaker 2: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's a good started out.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we got our teams. We met Daniel and Matt. Then we met our leader who was going to lead our group. How many people guide? How many people were in our group?
Speaker 1: I think we had you, me, Dave, Matt, Matt, and Dave, Daniel Kimberly.
Speaker 2: There was the one lady and then the chair that was really cool.
Speaker 1: Oh yep, and then two other ladies. Yeah. I didn't catch their name. I didn't catch their names either. Ever. They were kind of quiet, yeah, they were, although they talked more than we did. They talked amongst themselves a lot more. I only said one thing, and I felt like a douchebag afterwards. What did you say? Well, I don't want to spoil our future. Oh is that where you They kind of got them in trouble. No, no, no, no no, I said that later. That was funny. Everybody giggled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of got people in trouble.
Speaker 1: So we all got in our.
Speaker 2: Groups and marched through, and they basically told us the rules, which are, you know, be respectful of other people. Don't do things that are going to cause problems or try to make up something they talked about when you walked to just walk normal. Don't try to take really quiet steps because they want to be able to when they listen to the recordings afterwards that they can distinguish footsteps from something else.
Speaker 1: And don't and don't whisper is your full voice? And if you if you do something like burp fart, step on a wood plank like David and I did for like forty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're trying to do it slow.
Speaker 1: If you step on something that makes a noise, be like sorry, what do they say? They said?
Speaker 2: Tag?
Speaker 4: Tag?
Speaker 1: That was me on the plank or whatever.
Speaker 2: Tag that was my stomach gurgling, tag that.
Speaker 1: Was tag outside airplane, firework, whatever.
Speaker 2: And that gave the people that we're going to review the tape later, you know, they knew that something else had happens.
Speaker 1: Which will be available about the Timeless episode, Yeah, about the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm thinking in one of our open Mic and Austin episodes we'll maybe review some of those recordings EVPs and maybe we'll share some of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, fall something like.
Speaker 2: And just so our listeners though, we are actually thinking of doing this again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really want to do it again. I think it'd be fun. And we now we got this advantage and now we know what to expect. Ye, and we had a disadvantage with the weather that night was yeah, very windy, little abnormally windy.
Speaker 2: So there was a lot of noise going on. Yeah, and which which is myself which later we should actually tell that story because it wasn't that the first building we went to also.
Speaker 1: The first thing I ever said around people.
Speaker 2: So we get in our groups and everybody goes off. They scuttle off to their building where they're going to start the investigations, and like we said, the buildings are dark. They're not lit, there's no lights on. You go in and it's dark. Well, the first one we went to was the like the washing room yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the washing room was pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's where you and Dave climbed up those creaky stills to look in the shower area.
Speaker 1: So I'll give it around that. And you walk into the washroom and a lot of it's fenced off because there's a lot of old equipment they would use to wash clothes back in you know, nineteen forty, probably forty a long time, thirties whatever, And you can go all the way around the back of the washroom and you can look into like the shower area communal shower, which was walled off so it was super dark. So Dave and I were kind of drawn to that area because it's darker and more creepy, and we were like, that's cool.
Speaker 2: And it's about as far away from the entrance as you can get yep.
Speaker 1: And there's like a three step platform to get up to the level so you can peak through this window into the shower shower. Yeah, so Dave and I go over there. Everybody's talking, no big deal, and then we had some quiet time before that, I guess. So quiet time's over, we step up onto this scene. We're just kind of listening and people are like asking questions, are you here with us? You know, typical ghosts trended question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same thing you would see on like ghost Hunters.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And Dave and I are on the creakiest set of stairs ever. It's pitch and dark, and Kim and I are looking at each other like just staring like well, you know, he's like my foot getting tired, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Well, And you know, because we were so new, you don't want to draw attention to yourself.
Speaker 1: You don't know the rules yet.
Speaker 2: You know, it's the first experience you have as a paranormal investigator, and there you are making this noise and you don't know what to say. You say, tag, yeah, tag me on stairs.
Speaker 1: I'm squeaky. Yeah. It was funny.
Speaker 2: So let's go back a little bit about the process once you get to a building.
Speaker 1: So let's say we walk into Building one, right.
Speaker 2: Walk into Building one and lights are off, and it was kind of creepy because you kind of got to kind of feel your way around through this maze.
Speaker 1: Of equipment with some handrails, you don't have to like grab some chainsaws.
Speaker 2: And you know, the lady, our leader, Kim, she did like China. She had a red light and she would chine it on the ground so you could kind of see. But once you got in there, she said, Okay, now we're going to do five minutes of silence, and so you're supposed to start out trying to be as still as you can be and as quiet as you can be for five minutes and just listen.
Speaker 1: And it sounded a lot like this, Hello, darkness, my friend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it sounded a lot more like this, yeah, because the wind was blowing and things are rattling and yeah, which made it I think tough to kind of separate maybe something that was paranormal from something that was totally nai.
Speaker 1: And they were a bit more what's the word into it. No, no, no, no. You could hear a sound and be like that was a ghost, or you could be like, oh, that was the wind. And they were a little more on the wind side.
Speaker 2: They definitely were waiting for They were skeptical. And this is one thing I really appreciated about Big River Normal. They weren't trying to sensationalize anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a good way to put it. They weren't sensationalizing anything. If they heard a noise that was like bing bang kind of over by the door, they'd be like, that was probably the one win. Yeah, we'll just move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they'd say tag probably the wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, it was interesting to me because that is totally the opposite of what you find on a lot of ghost hunting shows.
Speaker 1: At least what we see on Ghost of Me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe I think a lot of maybe like individual like YouTubers that go out I don't maybe they don't do that, but you've got to get ratings. If you're on like the Discovery Channel, you need to get ratings, right, and if you're not doing things and finding things, then you're not going to get people to continue watching exactly.
Speaker 1: And so I think that gets to their head. I think so.
Speaker 2: And you know they're probably a little prone to hear and see everything when there isn't really anything there.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little uh confirmation biased, Yeah, they embellished maybe, but Big River Paranormal.
Speaker 2: I did not see that one Scotia a bit.
Speaker 1: And if you did, you know, see it for a second. Like I'll mention later, they were very quick to acknowledge what you were thinking, and they all came to a conclusion that, yeah, was probably this factor that made that noise.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know one thing about it, because you're you're like a guy who builds things, right, so you have a very.
Speaker 1: Logical, very mechanical mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I'm probably a little more on the creative side. So but I am still very logical. I've experienced a lot of things in life, so I don't just believe crap just because I want to believe it, because I don't even know what I want to believe. I just want to believe the right thing, you know. So when we went through this, I think we were not necessarily skeptical. We were open to hear and to believe and experience stuff, but we were not overly trying to like make everything a paranormal event like I think Matt and Daniel. I think they were probably a little more apt to believe stuff than maybe we were at the time, because they've gone on enough things and had enough experiences that they they could associate things and noises with stuff they caught stuff on EVP.
Speaker 1: Or they've heard, they've heard previous experiences that make them more open, like to believe Matt and Daniel have had all these examples of things that have happened, where Dad and I have had very little, I mean, nothing really ghosty in my life.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I mean we went to these places to experience stuff, and we hear stories of people experiencing stuff, but our experiencing of stuff is very minimal, right, I mean when we went to the Gooding Tuberculosis Hospital, I didn't experience anything that was conclusively paranormal. Same with Milner's Gate. So it's different for us, but we had lots of experiences exactly.
Speaker 1: So like with l hunting, I've been out in the woods a couple of days. We've heard bugles, We've heard all kinds of stuff, and then you hear a squirrel drop us a pine cone. You know, you hear that and you're like, man, that sounds a lot like a breaking stick. And you hear these noises you hear maybe like a wind whistling, like is that a bugle away? Off? You know, you're very hyper aware because you know that those things are in that area and there's something that can happen. Right, So if you took somebody who was maybe not so in tuned to that area and you they haven't seen elk, they haven't heard the bugle, they haven't heard an elk break a stick as a squirrel. Yeah, that was the wind. Because your brain is like elk, elk, elk, elk elk, and then their brain is like, there's no such thing as elk.
Speaker 2: So you know, so sometimes that unexperienced brain, like ours, our hack brain, I think is sometimes.
Speaker 1: An advantage occasionally, Yeah, and because so a disadvantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, because we're maybe a little more skeptical. But at the same time, I think it's a good equilibrium. And that's one thing I appreciated it about Big Paranormal is that they they want people to experience, and they don't want people just to believe. They want to They want the criticism along with the people that believe. And I thought it was really well done.
Speaker 1: It was really well done. Yeah, So okay, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: So we get to that first building, we do our quiet time, and then after the quiet time, you know, you're free to talk and to maybe turn your flashlight on and look around a little bit. And that they said that sometimes during those moments after the quiet time, when you're just talking, it's almost like it gives freedom for paranormal entities to interact or the energy that you're bringing and stimulate something and maybe you don't hear it, but later a lot of times when they're listening to the recorded EVP, they will catch voices and stuff that you do not hear when you're there talking or whatever. And so Kim and some of the other people's started asking questions. I know Matt brought a baseball and he was always say, hey, I brought a baseball.
Speaker 1: Do you want to play baseball? Yeah? And I'll bring in some positivity.
Speaker 2: Right And they would say, you know, is anybody here, and they'd be very respectful, like saying, we don't want to scare you or we're not trying to invade your space. We just want to know if you're hear can you give us a sign YEP.
Speaker 1: It's hard because in my brain I'm like, come on, you big sissy. Ye, let's see what you got.
Speaker 2: Oh a big tough guy.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go to prison because I stabbed a lady twenty nine times? Oh what's that little one hundred and ten pound girl going to do when you got a big old knife two hundred and five chicken if you're yeah, yeah, I wanted to like smack talk a little bit, but I was a little get him angry. You know, why don't you come punch me in the face of little sissy. Yeah, they didn't do that.
Speaker 2: I you know that they were very respectful and then when they left, they would, you know, basically say thank you for your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But in my brain, I'm like, yeah, why don't you keep doing your time? You know?
Speaker 2: Turd? Yeah, yeah, so I the same thing. It's like, okay, so maybe the way to get them to manifest is to just be belligerent and try to make them angry and then something friction going yours lawn, You're ignorant, disgusting, whattable, you foul not just a weak electoral chemical bonds.
Speaker 4: I have seen some disgusting.
Speaker 2: Okay, Are these really spirits of people that have died that have not passed on or are these things counterfeits? Are they demons? Are the evil spirits that are are manifesting and pretending to be people that were.
Speaker 1: There because they know that areas like hotspot or something.
Speaker 2: Right and I know we talked in the last topics that we did, we talked about these possible disembodied spirits that are looking for a home, right, and so you know that was in my mind. It's like, Okay, are these human spirits or are these evil spirits? Or are they both the same? You know, what are these things if they're really real? But I was waiting. I was hoping that something in that first building would happen. There were like some noises and some bangs, but kind of, like our leader said, like, you know, that's probably just the win.
Speaker 1: She often said, and that's where we kind of give them credits like tag wind outside, tag outside airplane. Right. You know, she's not just being like, oh I heard a ping pang, Oh that must be a ghost. Yeah, you know, she's she's really giving it an investigatory kind of mindset. And I appreciated her.
Speaker 2: She was kind of lighthearted, like you know, she wasn't like overly dramatic and serious. She was talkative, and she engaged the people that were there. She tried to get people involved. She'd ask questions. I thought she did good job, So shout out to Kim, good job.
Speaker 1: Good work. So let's go to the second belt second buildings where I look like a gouchebag.
Speaker 2: So the second building we go into is like this main jail area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd say four stories high. Yeah, prison cells, yeah, and they with ten cells wide, so forty cells on either side several sided's eighty cells in the same building. And it's an old building. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the paint's like curling off the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Old like three inch black pipe tubing as railing. Yea very screwed together fittings. And the jail cells are all operated off of a singular giant lever lever kind of mechanism at the front of the building.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's very creepy because I don't know how to describe it. It's it's like it's a four foot catwalk in front of each jail cell, going four stories up, and you know between there is this ghostly hallway and then on the back side is the same.
Speaker 2: Thing mirrored, and then down the middle are these observations always the catwalk. Then I kept thinking this looks steam punk because.
Speaker 1: The levers, well, it is things that was the roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was that kind of thing. It was like techie, but it was high tech then. But it was like levers and gears and.
Speaker 1: Yep, it looked as though I don't know exactly how it worked. So at the front of the building, let's say, on the right side of the continuous wall of jail cells, is these four levers, and each lever would operate the opening and closing the entire set of doors on an entire floor, the entire floor. So you could pull lever a and it would open floor one and all the prisoners that have been stuck in there would come out, and then you could close that and vice versa. And I'm sure there was a way to go and open each door. Yeah, but the crazy part was that there was only a four foot catwalk in front of each yeah, or of jail cells. Yeah, so you were up on there, and if you were up on the fourth floor, you're really you're probably twenty five thirty feet up in the air. Yeah, it was crazy, it was.
Speaker 2: It was kind of spooky, and you got.
Speaker 1: To remember everything was dark. Yeah, it was darker this time, say for the little bit of light that was through the windows. So here's here's something interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of the windows, so the wind is outside blowing, You're in this very narrow building, that houses this, these all of these jail cells, and we do our quiet time. We go in there, quiet time, five minutes of silence.
Speaker 1: Then you start hearing now yeah yep.
Speaker 2: And they're like, what is that? Is somebody speaking to us? Is somebody trying to get our attention? If somebody does or if somebody is, do it again, make that knocking noise again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah again.
Speaker 2: And it was like they kept doing it, and I'm like looking around, okay, because I'm a hack. So they're talking to it. They're trying to say, Okay, something's going on here.
Speaker 1: This is this is real. And I'm looking up and.
Speaker 2: I'm going that sounds like that sounds like a window rattling up to me. So I'm thinking it in my brain.
Speaker 1: Because you grew up on kind of an old farmhouse, right so, and I could tell it was up into the left by the witches, away from the catwalk and away from the jail cell. Yeah, away from the jail sell.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking way up there and I'm trying to, you know, see if there's a window or something rattling because of the wind.
Speaker 1: And while I'm thinking it, then well you tell it from here. Austin and then so apparently Dad's thinking this. I didn't know this, but I'm making notes of our experiences, trying to document what time we heard a noise, what time, you know, trying to keep a dialogue and a diary of what's happening, because if we hear something really cool at ten thirty, I can kind of track that back to our.
Speaker 2: Because you had a recorder going in your pocket.
Speaker 1: In my pocket, so I was actually wearing these shorts. So I use my note app to write out that sounds a lot like a loose window frame. And I go show Dad and he looks at me, like yeah. And then I go over and I start poking windows. And the first window was quiet. It was very tight. It was tight, almost like swollen shut with water damage. I went to the next one was that it was like it was a window, but.
Speaker 2: You didn't say tag. You're supposed to say tag. It was me pushing a window. I just was exploring. And then I think both of us at the same time to yeah, I think that's just.
Speaker 1: A window rattling from the wind. And then I felt like a douche because I crushed everybody's like yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh there, I guess that's not what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: But in my defense, I was HVAC like drafts and poor window seals and stuff are something that people ask me up and all kinds of stuff. So I listened for that. When I turn on their their air conditioner and the big fan in the middle of their house goes and I hear their windows, I'm like, you need to replace that window. Yeah. So I thought of that, and I felt bad kind of, but at the same time, I'm not gonna let it continue. I didn't feel bad.
Speaker 2: In fact, you know, that was another thing that impressed me because you said that and they received it exactly and they didn't try to glorify it or anything. They're like, yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: They were like, yo, can you do that again? And then she actually talked into the microphone that she was recording with and was like, guest tapping window, that's the sound of the window. Yeah, She's like, so last recording, blah blah blah. And she made it very clear, and I really respected that because it wasn't like they were trying like, what's that one Ghostbusters video? I am? I always call him Ghostbusters because that's what it feels like but he's like holding a flashlight or something in his hand. It was a keys keys and he's like, come take these keys out of my hand. And you can watch his arm like flex and then release and then flex again and see like chucks his keys over his shoulders.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 2: That was back in the days of VHS tape and we were watching this in a house way a long time ago. It was like when this first started becoming a thing. And I don't remember the name of that either, that thing, but it was like ghost ghostbusters, yeah, ghost hunders go anyway, it was some weird thing where they would go out and they'd look for ghosts. I had VCR equipment we recorded that episode. I was able to go back frame by frame. I had this little spinny dial and I could spin back and we went through step through frame by frame flex and watch this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just.
Speaker 2: Totally threw the keys and it was like night vision. So it was in that green thing. Yeah, it was so stupid.
Speaker 1: You can get away with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, they didn't do that, and I thought that was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They were very quick to just be like that's a window, let's move on.
Speaker 2: So I'll throw out something here. If you want to check out some of their investigations and some of the things that they recorded, you can go to Big River Paranormal and just google it. It'll come up and you can go to their media section and investigation section. They actually cut out a lot of the EVPs, the recordings and video of things that have happened, so you.
Speaker 1: Can look at some of that stuff. You imagine that job just recording listening through it. You probably know what to listen to, so you can kind of space out until you hear it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: I know, Dan and Matt they take their recordings, they record and use different equipment, and then they go through and they go through it and look at the wave signals, and then they listen to those sections and a lot of times they get, you know, things that they think are being said, which is you know, maybe we'll show some of that in one of our open Mic and Austin episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dan and Matt actually gave us, in my opinion, you'll probably know this situation I was talking about, but we were in a very narrow hallway and it was kind of weird because there's a drop off about four feet on either side of this.
Speaker 2: Hallway talking about on the grates.
Speaker 1: Yep, And that was the only time I was actually scared. I think was that that was the last location we went to. Was what was the last location? But that that location kind of gave me the like, who something spooky's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, See for me, it happened not there, it happened at the maximum security area.
Speaker 1: Okay, that one was weird, but anyway, that's a we'll get there. But so okay, So.
Speaker 2: We did that and we ended up leading the second building and we went to the third building and it was more of the same where you did the five minutes of quiet, and we did that in every location, just about towards the end of the evening, know that those five minutes kind of fell dwindled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is okay.
Speaker 2: So the third building was a lot like the second building. It had three stories, remember, and we went up to the top. It was the place where there were the handprints inside the cell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 2: Walked down that corridor in the middle and there was like the dust particles, but we got it.
Speaker 1: Was it was really cool.
Speaker 2: We have some video of that, so you can check it out on our website. You can look at the hand prints on the walls, the burnt cell that's like totally burnt up, and the little access panels to the like water supply and and toilets and stuff down the middle.
Speaker 1: It was that was that was very weird. It was it was a weird walking down there. I think I followed you.
Speaker 2: I have a picture of following.
Speaker 1: You, and I followed you back out, but somebody was shying their flashlighting. My face kind of ruined the effect of creepiness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was from you know, we didn't really experience anything there, but that was kind of cool. After that, we went to the fourth building. The fourth building is where I kind of got creeped out, so I'll tell this story. So, yeah, this building was maximum security and it was also where they kept death row and it's also where they had the gallows. But I didn't know that at the time. I know we were going to maximum security. So we go in this building and we do our five minutes and we're there and it's windy. In fact, there was like a sign or something that was blowing around outside.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of weird because you walk in and it's i'd say like twenty percent exhibit and seventy percent historical untouched area. Yeah, so you walk in and there's like a small glass display of what people may have done, what prisoners might have been there, So it kind of throws you off. Yeah, what I thought.
Speaker 2: What I remember about that one was in the maximum security or you have the row of I think it was two stories high, and you had the jail cells, but then against the wall was a single shower, a shower spicket, and that's where they would let them out to shower in the open. There was no concealment, so the prisoners could go out and probably one at a time, and shower in front of everybody and then go back into their cell and then they'd lock it up, right, I thought that was creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a little creepy. It was very obviously you're not in the best spot in the jail or in the prison. But to me it was weird because you walk in and you see this brand new kind of bookcase with glass and it shows you know, all these anxiicely printed everything, and then you walk away and you're like, this is not the same area. Kind of like you get a little weird mix of reality because yeah, contrast and it kind of makes you feel a little more at home, but a little more not at home. It's very weird. And then in the background you've got this this sign of a gated off area, like please don't go back here, we're digging a hole for the pipe or whatever. Yeah, and there's this little tin sinus just going bang bang, Yeah. Drink because, like we said, it's the windy Yeah, and you gotta remember it is dark. It is very dark.
Speaker 2: Although that when you first come into that Maximum Security building, because they had the big double doors you'd go, there was a lot of light coming from the courtyard. Yeah, so you kind of go around the corner and that was like reflecting off of the different walls. Yeah, so it wasn't very dark there. So we didn't stay there very long. I didn't even think. We did our five minute quiet time there. They led us around the backside to the opposite side of Maximum Security, which was a mirror image of the other side, but it was dark.
Speaker 1: That's where in this building we kind of adjusted to the clanging and the different noises we may have heard. And then we did a short period of silence for a quiet time, and they had heard some weird noises, Yeah, over there. So at the same time, Dan and Matt and Kim walked around on the opposite sides of the building, but to the other side of the building, so they heard a bunch of noise and then Dave actually was the one that called us over to the other side. He kind of wanders over there ten minutes later, yeah, and he says she's like, hey, you come over on this side. So we go on to the other side, and then we hear the clanging back to the first side that we were on, and at this point Dad decides he's like, oh, what do those stairs do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: No, okay.
Speaker 2: So everybody's sitting over there and being quiet in the dark, and a couple of ladies were looking off a little bit to the right the side of the jails, and I thought, oh, I wonder if they're seeing, you know, like how the levers open the jail cells up and stuff. And I thought, oh, I want to see that too. So I kind of went over there, and I was just walking. I wasn't trying to be overly sneaky or anything. But when I got over there, I looked up and was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, there's stairs and you could barely see it in the dark. There's stairs that go up.
Speaker 2: So I went over there and I thought, well, they're probably blocked off. But when I get over there, they were open. And so everybody else is kind of over there listening, hearing the clangy noises.
Speaker 1: I can hear you guys talking. Well, I'm going to go up these stairs a little bit.
Speaker 2: So I went up the stairs and then when I got to the stairs, I noticed that there's like this three doors and they're open. So I had to look in the doors. So I went to the first door and looked in there, and it was like another row of cells, like four cells, but these were different. These were like side by side, but they were It was weird that they were set apart and I didn't know what they were. They just were set apart. There were like four, maybe three or four cells there. They all had stuff in them, original stuff.
Speaker 1: Radios, comforters, pillows like.
Speaker 2: Bedding, yeah, betting, stuff like that, and and I was like, well, that's weird. Then I went back out and then I went to another doorway and I looked in there and there was like a room and so I walked in there in this big room and it's totally dark.
Speaker 1: Completely dark, with a two tone floor.
Speaker 2: And so I go in there and I look and it's like, oh, I see like a big window. First I thought it was like a giant TV, like what I have a flat panel on the wall. But I looked at it like, no, that's a window, so I wouldn't look. And then I realized that that was the gallows. And I was in the observation room for the gallows. And then I kind of like kind of got this weird creepy feeling because I realized that that first room I went to was death row, right, And then I started thinking about, I know from our research, this is the gallows, this is the new gallows they built. And there was only one execution that took place there, and that was the Snowden Edward Snowden or whatever, not Edward, but the other Snowden, the Idaho Jack the Ripper.
Speaker 6: Raymond Snowdon, Raymond snow Raymond Snowdon, otherwise known as Idaho's Jack the Ripper. Oh yeah, he was not a very nice guy. The lady's name that was killed was Cora Dean. He propositions her, she says no, rejects his advances. He's a little baby and says, well, you make a choice. Either you let me rape you or I am going to slit your throat. She promptly kicks him in the groin. Nice, sure, yes him that.
Speaker 7: But that infuriates him, of course, so he ends up slitting her throat so deeply that it severs her spinal cord, and then he proceeds to stab her twenty.
Speaker 1: Nine times that way too many.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he was convicted. He was put on death row. Fast forward. Finally his time has come and they march him down to the hangman's news And as he's standing there on the trap door, they placed the noose over his neck and the hangman pulls the lever and he falls and I guess the height was miscalculated because it doesn't snap his neck chunk. This was a new system. It was like the first. It was used for an actual hanging, and there was like a viewing pane of glass where the family members and stuff could watch the hanging take place of the victim. Right, And when the trap door slung down and he fell through, the force made the thing shake. It shattered the window.
Speaker 7: Whoa yeah, correct, so the glass went everywhere and then it didn't break his neck, so he hung there and kicked for like sixteen minutes before he died.
Speaker 6: Wow. Yeah, and bad things happened to your body. I guess when you're hanging and dying, like all your bodily functions release makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So there was a big mess and he was twitching and jerking and slopping things around it. It was a bad deal.
Speaker 1: Girls.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I kind of got I wasn't scared, but I just realized all of a sudden, if there was any place at any time where something like nefarious could take place, it was right then.
Speaker 2: Because I was all alone away from you guys on a different floor, far enough away that I couldn't see him and they couldn't see me.
Speaker 1: And I was up there, and I was like, uh, maybe I shouldn't be here by myself, in the dark, in the gallows where spirits and people died. Yeah. It's creepy too, because you see this giant lever sticking out of the floor, and the floor is all wood so it starts off all cement, like the entire area cement, and then there's this giant wooden floor, and then in the middle of the floor is a square like a black outline of a square, and then by it, and then a lever by it, and then above that is a giant eyebolt hand from where the news. Yes, so bad. But so Dad's out wandering around having his adventure, and I am downstairs listening to the lady chew out, these other two girls not chew out, but like, hey, guys, let's stay over here. We don't want other noises happening. Wall. We're investigating, and that's gone, and I'm like, oh my goodness, I'm wondering. And then like two minutes later on the stairs we hear.
Speaker 2: Going down well, and of course they all I'm dressed totally in black. Yeah, I have a black jacket, I have black hat, I have dark pants, black shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then out of nowhere, all the lights like flick over to that direction, and I'm like, I think that's my dad. He's sneaky and he's deaf. Oh god. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, so I went back and joined the rest of the group and we waited to see if we could hear anything in there, and then all of us went upstairs to the gallows yeah, and the death row area, and then we actually got to go down to the bottom underneath the gallows where I thought it was, yeah, where the body would actually hang. And that's where Snowden hung for fifteen minutes, choking to death.
Speaker 1: Which may not have deserved it completely. Yeah, well I think he probably did.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Anyway. That was a weird.
Speaker 2: Actually, that was probably my only real scary moment of the evening when I realized where I was at.
Speaker 1: That had no idea where I was at, and.
Speaker 2: Then I saw the abangment's gallows.
Speaker 1: And like, oh God, rewind. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So after we got done a maximum security, then we went outside and we walked across the courtyard which used to be where they had the gallows.
Speaker 1: It was like the original execution area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it became a rose garden. But we went across that to a place called the Cooler.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: When we got there, I thought that was like the place where they would put you in solitary confinement, but it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was like pre solitary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like it was like before you go to solitary, you're going to go here, and it's not as bad as solitary, but it's.
Speaker 1: Pretty pretty shitty. Yeah. Yeah, they hit a boiler in there. Radiator in there though, that would maybe keep people warm maybe.
Speaker 2: Well that was yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 1: So you go in there.
Speaker 2: These were like stone or concrete cells.
Speaker 1: They reminded me of like a you know, like an old.
Speaker 2: Kind of pueblo building.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They were really kind of just solid masonry. They were low, very low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it probably had so let's say the building was probably twenty by twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably not much bigger than that. Yeah, the walls were maybe a foot.
Speaker 1: Then there was one, two, three, four, five, six, seven cells eight cells in there, and they were very narrow cells, barely enough for you to you know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe four feet wide five feet maybe yeh, and maybe seven feet deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if the math works out. A few put it that way, but it was very confined.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there were there wasn't any like cots or anything in those.
Speaker 1: It was just laying on the floor and shit in the bucket kind of situation. Yeah. So it's funny. So we walk in there and there's a radiator. So there's an entry room which was probably ten by five.
Speaker 2: And again I wonder remind people it is like really really Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's very dark and in the each individual cell it is, there's no yeah, it's pitch black. So Kim was number one maybe, and you and I and Matt and Dan and Dave and we were kind of the first ones in. So we all kind of assume a position. It's out of the way and you could get inside of these cells. All the cells were open, you. Yeah, So Dave goes and gets in a kind of back corner cell, and then we continue our quiet time, and then randomly this lady goes, oh, yeah, because Dave. Dave had sneakily, not intentionally sneakily, but he had made his way into a cell quietly to respect everybody, and just kind of stood there listening. And then the lady kind of like walked in and looked over and just saw this black figure. I didn't see.
Speaker 2: Its funny, well, you know, to give our listeners kind of an idea of what this cooler was like, imagine going into a old shower, like in an old high school shower location.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think of like a bathroom stall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like kind of a bathroom stall. But it was the walls are really thick, and I don't remember there being were there doors on any of the cells had or had they been removed. I think you could just walk in. I don't think there were doors on any of these cells, so it was almost like you're walking into individual little shower stalls.
Speaker 1: It felt kind of like it. Yeah, dark, and the size was about right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very moist, and yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 1: If you put your hands to either side, you couldn't fully extend your arms, and if you stood the other direction the long ways, you'd only have to take a step to touch the door and the back wall right, I mean it was only maybe a foot and a half wider than you and six inches longer than your wings for me anyway.
Speaker 2: And then right in the middle of the hall where you come in was the radiator. Yeah one, it central. It was central, right in the middle of this like entrance lobby hallway, and then all the little cells around that were you know, like shower stalls.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No toilet, no drain, nope, just you get a bucket and that's what you do your business in.
Speaker 1: So that was weird.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe we'd experience something there because it was just creepy, but nothing happened really. The wind noise was going on, it was it was cold over there, because you had to walk and it was such a weird, low profile building. But then we left there, went around the other side of that building and down a little bit, and that's where they had solitary.
Speaker 1: Confinement and that's where the batty bats go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's where I mean those were gross. Now, that was like one long row of really small what four by six by They were fairly tall.
Speaker 1: You think they were eight feet tall. Yeah, And they had two maybe four inch holes for light and.
Speaker 2: Drilled through the scene and probably in foot of concrete ceiling, two four inch holes. That was your only light and that was your only air.
Speaker 1: And they said that when it would rain, it would just flood the building flood, so maybe sleeping in water water, Yeah, your feet would get all grandma feet. And there was there was little holes indentse on the floor where they put their butter butter.
Speaker 2: Probably so it would kind of hold they get knocked over in the dark because something keep it from getting knocked around. Yeah. That was disgusting. And then the doors themselves stick in my mind because they were just solid cheat mental. They looked like the door of an old an old like a submarine kind of like yeah, or like you know, like the locomotives that had the old steam engine.
Speaker 1: They'd open the door and they'd throw in coal.
Speaker 2: It was like that kind of door.
Speaker 1: Big heavy steel door. Yeah, and they had a little people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a little probably six inches tall, maybe three inches wide, and it would flip open and closed and you could maybe put food through.
Speaker 1: There or something must have been what they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's creepy and a lot of those you couldn't go in they were locked, but I would stick my camera through there and kind of those are the ones that.
Speaker 1: Had the crazy ar Yeah. They had some weird art in there, naked ladies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've got some video of that. I'll put that on the website too, But I was nervous putting my hand through there with my camera is weird. It's like what if something grabbed my farm where.
Speaker 1: You drop your phone, you'd never get it.
Speaker 2: You'd have to go in the next day and say, please let me in this solitary confinement. But out of all the places, that was like the most yucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't.
Speaker 2: Want to be there. If you were there, you you were miserable. Imagine sleeping on that hard concrete floor in the winter.
Speaker 1: What wasn't even concrete. It was like compact sand, like borderline concrete. Yeah, it was. It was rough stucco. You would not want to be there. No comfort, zero, zero comfort.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we stayed there for a while hoping we'd hear something see something. We didn't really other than lots of windy noises. So then we went onto our last building, which was the Foehouse.
Speaker 1: And this is where I got really scared twice.
Speaker 2: You had two scary moments there, three scary moments. So this building just to describe it as I think it was three stories high. It had three stacked stories of cells, kind of like the other buildings, and they were mirror so one side had a row and then the other side had a mirrored triple story stack of jail cells.
Speaker 1: And in between the mirror would be a catwalk where a guard or whatever, a prison employee inmate would walk down and be able to peek into each cell and also maybe go to the bathroom or wash his.
Speaker 2: Hands, turn water on and off stuff like that for the cell.
Speaker 1: Maintain the cells.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was just basically a service hall. Yeah, and there was a sink and a toilet back there. It looked like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was really weird, really long. Would I be overestimating and saying it was probably one hundred yards long?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe it was fifty yards yards, So okay, maybe I'm overestimating, but I'm guessing that it's probably at least fifty yards in length. And so you had the jail cells that ran for fifty yards probably were maybe what ten fifteen cells on each row, two people per sell probably, But then when you got to this little room you're talking about in between, yeah, which was in between.
Speaker 1: Yes, So there's like a five foot wide passage going between this and two jail cells. On this five foot wide passage is a three foot wide catwalk catwalk of like steel grade rates still, and on either side you got a one foot wide hole on either side.
Speaker 2: And probably the floor itself was probably at least four feet below that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're walking down like this creaky grated steel floor with a four foot drop underneath you and a one foot hole on either side that you could easily drop four feet and smack your head on them. You can see it.
Speaker 2: And we were on the first floor, but there were like three levels above.
Speaker 1: They were pretty high so if.
Speaker 2: You were on the grade above, it would even be more creepy. Creepy, Yeah, And if you're on the one above that, it would even be more creepy because you'd be looking down through all these grades to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we walked down there. That was pretty creepy all the way to the end pretty much.
Speaker 2: So is that where you had your You said you had a couple of scary moments in this building.
Speaker 1: I had one scary moment right when we walked in. And they have these mannequins up on the on the top floor, kind of like one's a guard with a big hat and he's got his hands on his hips, being tough, and the other one looks like maybe he's a prisoner or something. He's like holding onto a railing. And right when we walked in, I heard her say something about mannequins, or maybe she didn't say right away.
Speaker 2: I think we were in there and then people noticed it or something.
Speaker 1: And then she said, but I saw this black figure of a guy up above me a floor, and I was like, like, my heart jumped up. I saw the shad open, and then she was like, there's mannequins in here, and they're like, oh, they scared the crap.
Speaker 2: I know, they spent a lot of time running back and forth to the either side because they kept hearing noises on one side, and then they'd run over there, and then they'd hear noises on the side we started on, and we'd run back over there, and uh, you know, I think maybe we heard a few things that were kind of interesting. And then and then we all got in that center hallway access thing. Yeah, so and.
Speaker 1: That's where the weirdest thing for me happened. I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we had Dan and Matt.
Speaker 2: They went in there first. They were ahead of us, and they had their little uh low like light AMF detector and Dad and I were right behind it, and they were asking questions and just about every time he'd ask you question, the light that EMF reader would go yeah with green, yellow, red, get red and deep and so there was some magnetic frequency that it was going on.
Speaker 1: And it was a little weird because he would have see, like, are you in here with us? And it would be like yeah, it would like it would do its thing and spark up. So that was a little weird and it kind of died down and I kind of wanted to stay a little bit, and Dad and everybody.
Speaker 2: Else can everybody else came in. Know what happened if you remember when we're in there, all of a sudden, one of the ladies that was with us said, I got to get out of here a little anxiety. I am, I'm feeling nauseous. I've got to get out of here. And she was having some kind of strange reaction to the darkness or entity or sundering, and she needed out. So everybody besides us, because we hung back, they vacated pretty quick. Dave left, the lady left, everybody else basically was trudging down.
Speaker 1: This little rampway walkway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I kind of hung back because I wanted to get some video walking out, and so I did, I'll put that on the website. So then I start walking out, and I'm using the light on my camera video to kind of see what I'm doing. And then so I just go walking out. But I didn't know you weren't following me.
Speaker 1: Yep. I was about maybe twenty steps behind my dad because these other guys were down there with their stuff as far as they could go. Yeah, they were at the very end, and I were doing this stuff with their lights, and I wanted to kind of see what was going on. But at the same time, I didn't want to just kind of abandon my little group and hang out with these two people I don't know that well, and you know, I'm in a dark tunnel. It's not cool to hang out with random people in a dark tunnel. So I kind of start walking behind Dad on this narrow catwalk where there's a four foot drop and a well, wait a minute, hole on either side.
Speaker 2: One thing I should say before that, and this is after the gal left Matt and Daniel. One of them said, I'm feeling really weird. I feel like my legs I've got a cold feeling like he's tingling on my legs. And then the other one said, yeah, me too, And then I think that's right after that's when the lady got nauseous and had to leave, right and then so then they march out, and then I march out after them, and then you're hanging back there.
Speaker 1: Them kind of like in between, like do I stay with these guys or do I go with my group, my dad, my friend Dave, you know, So finally I like I'll just go out the beat being in stuff had kind of stopped, and I was like, I'll just follow the group out, you know, at this point, and I start walking behind my dad, but I'm pretty far behind him. Yeah, And it was all fine and dandy because he's got the reflection off the walls kind of coming back. I can see where the grade is because, like I said, there's a wonder hole on either side that you could drop four feet. And then Dad passes through the walkway door entrance and turn lance and then pitch black and I'm like, oh no, I can't see anything. So I'm like reaching out for the walls, but I'm kind of afraid because she's like there's black widows and stuff that we've grabbed, and so I'm like kind of like tenderly watching the walls, like please just don't fall and hit my head and scream like a little girl. That's when I was probably the most scared, because I thought for sure I was gonna like wander it, damn hit my head on the wall. Well, yeah, it was really fun.
Speaker 2: So you get out. You came out, and you know, it's funny. The reason I didn't look backwards and try my light backwards for you was because I was shooting. It was video, and I didn't want to turn around because it was such a cool shot walking down this weird ah way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I didn't turn.
Speaker 2: Around, and I thought, well, he has a flashlighter. He could pull his phone out and turn your phone light. So I just left you back there, and then Matt and Daniel eventually came out, and they were a little bit wigged out. I think a little bit too. They had a little bit of an experience back there in that dark area of that tunnel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like I said, the EMF detector was actually like responding. It seemed to what they were A little question would go off. Unless he's got some kind of magical button on there and he can like make it react, it'd be pretty coincidental for it to actually go off. That I watched.
Speaker 2: They I didn't see, and I don't think they would do anything like that.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: We need to make contact with them and maybe get them on the podcast and let them tell some of their stories.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I want to get an EMF detector thing.
Speaker 2: I got one on my phone out.
Speaker 1: I want to get the thing he had. Yeah, maybe the exact same one. Just hang it from a necklace somehow, so that clearly both my hands are occupied, but my brain tells me he could touch that and make it be different. So if it was like hanging from a string on my neck, I couldn't do anything with it. Somehow would be a little more genuine. Genuine. Genuine would be a good word for me, not that I'm saying he's lying.
Speaker 2: Right, you would be less fraught with the possibility of being tampered.
Speaker 1: With because I've never met the guy before, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, so we get done with that, we go out of four house and we meet in the courtyard. Everybody kind of does a little dissertation of what they can debris experience, and then by then everybody's freezing. Yeah, So finally they let us go, and everybody's like bolting to their cars because everybody was so cold. But then we got the car and we talked about what we'd experienced and stuff, and we.
Speaker 1: What do we see on the way to the car another Well, maybe the same owl sitting on a flagpole on a pole, so it's a sign of something.
Speaker 2: But one thing we thought we need to do, we want to go back and do it again on a night that's not windy.
Speaker 1: And maybe a little more warmer, a.
Speaker 2: Little warmer not so windy, and then you know, maybe get some equipment.
Speaker 1: Now we know kind of what to expect, we can kind.
Speaker 2: Of go with a little bit better preparation for you know, trying to record or capture something.
Speaker 1: We could ask some questions. I don't think any of us said anything other than you know, talking to each other, and.
Speaker 2: I asked a few questions to you know, different people.
Speaker 1: And Kim on the other side of the coin was also asking us questions like, you know, what do you expect to see? What are your thoughts on this? You know, because you know, in her mind, the way she explained it was, you act normal things normal and paranormal will happen. It's not like you have to ask for their and they'll come on demand. You just be yourself and you have your normal energy with you and see what happens, and that'll, you know, and then we'll review later and that'll kind of.
Speaker 2: So one thing that she said, and so did Marie when we first got there. They stress that you be respectful and that you don't try to antagonize. And this is maybe why they don't do that, and that is because there are lots of stories of people who somehow make a spirit or entity attracted to them, and it attaches themselves to that person and then goes with them when they leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they stab their wives twenty nights.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they do, but so you know, I did not feel like anything attached itself to us. Yeah. Plus, we drove so fast in that little sionics, being like it couldn't keep up anyway, zero to sixty on that.
Speaker 1: Thing is pitiful.
Speaker 2: Scary, That is scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's scary how fast you can't pull into traffic. But yeah, it was a good time. I thought we had a really good time. I think we need to go again.
Speaker 2: And I think also we need to kind of go back and revisit when they have the findings out on their website and then we can direct people to it.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll let us use some of those recordings and we can kind of release some of that. Well. I want to do it again for sure, absolutely less windy, maybe a little warmer. I want to wear a little less clothing, maybe kind of play the Joe bait card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and attract some female ghosts no mamle ones whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, I'm not judging. We've talked a long time.
Speaker 2: I think it's time for us to get out of this one. I don't know what we're gonna do next, though, but we'll think of something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and remember to getting nice. So we got some places to go.
Speaker 6: We do.
Speaker 1: Remember to like us on Facebook, share us with your friends. The more people we get to listen to, the better.
Speaker 2: We're always slowly climbing. It's not like all of a sudden we have like some kind of huge increase about you know.
Speaker 1: We pick up new listeners all the.
Speaker 2: Time, and it feels really good. We're about at twelve thousand.
Speaker 1: Listens now, so that's good total listeners though it's not listening news, no total, no total listeners.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we have.
Speaker 1: I don't want to guess. On a replay and they forget to turn it off and listen to this, just keep from listening. Don't think that happens, but you never Well if they make us feel good, whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, on that happy note, I'm ready to go to bed.
Speaker 1: Austin. Like us, follow us, check out our website A Strange thing dot com dot com, pretty straightforward, pretty straightforward, and have a good night and also join us next time for some cold drinks and some strange conversation.
Speaker 5: Strange conversations, let's get out of here. Wear it to your mother.