Speaker 1: As night side with Dan Rays.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Dan Watkins, I appreciate it very much. Aver is a breaking news story that is going on right now and it is a big breaking news story, and that is that that Israel has attacked Iran, as Iranian State Television Associated Presses reporting says the head of Iran's Paramilitary Revolutionary Guard is feared dead after and has really attacked. The report office a few of the details about what happened to General Hassan Salami of the Guard. The report on air added that one other top Guard officials other Guard top officials swell as two nuclear scientists also found dead. State Television reported the attacks at the headquarters of Iran's Paramilitary Revolutionary Guard ablaze. Multiple sites in the capitol have been hit in the attack, which israelly. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanya, who said targeted both nuclear and military sites and officials leading Iran's nuclear program and its ballistic missile arsenal. This is a huge story. We will clean. We will continue with the care and read story. But I'm going to monitor it and at some point we will we will go to the to this story. This is the United States is not involved. According to Marco Rubio that basically this is a uteral unilateral action by Israel against Iran. Israel had advised the US that believed the strikes were necessary for its self defense. Rubio went on to say, We're not involved in strikes against Iran, and our top priority is protecting American forces in the region. As you probably know, earlier this week, as recently, actually as yesterday, President Trump ordered embassy staff and several Middle Eastern capitals to leave the area. So let us hope that Israel is able to accomplish what it wants to accomplish, which with the the smallest loss of life amongst the Iranian people. But let us also hope that Israel is going to eliminate the nuclear threat that Iran posed, not only to Israel but to the region. Okay, we're going to get back to the story, to the local story, but at some point I want to get to the Iranian story. Let me go first to Joe is in Boston. Joe, you've held on, so I want to accommodate your call here on the Karen Reid case. Go right ahead, Joe, And if Joe isn't there, we'll put Joe on hold and we will move on to a different caller.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 2: Let's try Joe one more time. Joe, are you there? Okay, let's put Joe on hold. Please, let's move on to Alex and Millis. Alex next on NIGHTSAGA right ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey Dan Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Good. Thank you for being there. Alex. You got to be quick here because this story over in Iran is.
Speaker 3: I was going to mention, is that the credibility of the plou plud uh snow cloud driver? He said he made two passes, he didn't see a body out there. Uh. And then my other question was where you're an attorney. If there's a hung jewelry, she can still be retrying. I thought, after the second time, you know you're free and clear.
Speaker 2: No, no, she could be retired. That's a decision that the attorney's office would make, and particularly in a trial that is a capital trial, very difficult to walk away if you are really committed and believed that this person you know is guilty. So yeah, that could that could happen very very easily, Alex, very easily. Thank you, my friend, Thank you for the call, and thank you good questions. Appreciate it and thanks for being there. Let's keep her only going to go to Michael and South Boston Michael next time nights.
Speaker 4: I go right ahead, Hey, Dan, how are you doing? Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, talking about Karen Reid, but trying to keep an eye on what's going on in the middle right now.
Speaker 4: I agree. It's been going on for about an hour and now I've been watching it pretty sick. Okay, getting back to uh, miss Reid, A couple of questions I'd like to ask you. First, he brought up the plow driver.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The plot driver also witnessed several activities of police driving them around the neighborhood that nobody's paying attention to. I was wondering. But more more so, I like your thoughts about the behavior of the judge. Have you ever seen the judge act the way she has when she's actually uh, asking the the the defense, asking the prosecutor if he if he wants to object, and today she did it.
Speaker 2: I think I think that that my my observations from Afar. Again, I've not been in the courtroom. I only have been able to see what is on television and during the day, I have not the courtroom.
Speaker 4: Right, That's where I've seen it.
Speaker 5: Myself.
Speaker 2: Let me try to answer the question. Okay, if I could, all right, since you've posed the question, let me try to be responsive to it. I've not been in the courtroom. I've seen the reports. I have not followed the case on an hourly hourly basis. Every day I prepare during the day my show for that night, which sometimes touches on the Kevin on the Karen Reid case and sometimes doesn't. So I would say that my observations from AFAR would seem to suggest that this judge is probably a prosecution judge. And I don't know what her reputation is, but I do think that there's been some things that I've seen which would say that she's a little tougher on these since she has been on the prosecution. But that's that's about as far as I want to go on that area.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you know her background as far as her brother being involved with the family, as far as a defense attorney, No, I.
Speaker 2: Do not know that, And I would assume I would assume that if there was something in the judges background, that the proper recusal motions would have been made by the defense lawyers. If the defense lawyers felt.
Speaker 4: That on the birth trial.
Speaker 2: Again. I hate to, I hate to, you know, try to finish a sentence here, Michael, But let me let me try to. Okay, it's going to make it. It's going to go a lot easier if I can finish my sentence. What I'm saying is the Michael, I'm giving up. Go ahead, wy don't you say what you want to say?
Speaker 4: Because obviously no, no, no, no, I'm sorry, Dan, You're a good man. I'm just sorry. It's a very passionate trial. You have to you have to agree with that right totally going on the second time, this is a good this is a lady's life. That's that's we're talking about. And I honestly I've been falling with for two trials, and I honestly have to believe there's a lot of shady ship going on.
Speaker 2: Sorry to Okay, Sonday, we had you had to drop. Let's lose the call right now and again not only you know, it's it's amazing sometimes people are so wound up they can't even use their big words. They have to drop in a word that is going to be cut off in that cost of time. Let me go to uh Phil in Boston, Fill your next to a nice that go right head.
Speaker 5: I don't adds. I also bove my peg greggin.
Speaker 4: And it's.
Speaker 5: My question is is a tail added penalty was so important in this case? Couldn't they take those shreds of of live you goe with the glass and have it chemically compared to other cas I mean it's gonna be a way of I'm sure they're all the same way. I don't know, but why can't I take the glass? But it as a kind of chemical compound? And finally, what cat? What style cat?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 5: Was it anality? Whatever it was? Why does it they know?
Speaker 2: They know that the glass that the plastic I don't think it's glass. I think it's plastic, is from is from Karen Reid's car. There's no question about that. If if that was a question, the defense would have introduced evidence to show that that the glass. No, there's no question. The question is there has been questions raised about when it was, was it broken, when it was when it hit John O'Keefe. That's where this this is. And again without in the courtroom, Phill It's tough, it's really tough.
Speaker 5: It didn't match up, it didn't match it. Throw a car.
Speaker 2: No, well, it did match up. It did match up, okay, But the question is was it was that glass some of which was found on the lawn. Was that guy used the word glass that plas the plastic. Was that plastic fractured by when when she hit John O'Keeffe or there was some in the defense team who were trying to say that the police broke the tail light when it was back. I had been told from the scene and was broken while it was in the garage, and that was the confusion. There was this there was this video of the car, but it was like the one hundred and eight. It was the opposite video that was shown. It's this this this case has been has had so many flaws in it.
Speaker 5: Perry Mason story kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, kind of, there's been there's no no Perry Mason moment. Phil, I got a run here because I'm up again. I'm trying to watch what's going on with Israel and Iran. Thank you very much, Phil. Talk later six one, seven, four, ten thirty. I'd like to segue now. If you're on the line, Dan and Casey and Jony, I'll give you the right to talk on the Karen Reid case. But as important as that case is what's going on in Israel. It's going on in Iran tonight is even more important. And Israel has decided to barely strike a blow at Iran and to take out their nuclear capability and a lot of their military and scientific leadership. And we're going to follow that as well. So if you have a thought on that, I hate to do this to you, and I hate to segue, but this is just one of those stories that, to my way of thinking, is too big. So well, if you're on the line right now, Dan Casey or Joony and you want to talk about the Read case, that's fine. We will, but we're going to segue to what's going on in the Middle East right now, which is always dangerous because frankly, a lot of you out there probably are unaware what's going on in the Middle East, and I'll try to bring you up to date on it coming back on night starting.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here, going to Jony in Pennsylvania. Jony, you have called in and I think you want to talk about the and Read case.
Speaker 5: Yes, oz On prayers for Israel and the Middle East.
Speaker 3: But I want to know did they look another Susta or did they just zero in on her right away.
Speaker 5: I haven't followed the case to both.
Speaker 2: I don't think that the other that other suspects were considered, and I think that from the get go there also was a federal investigation of what the Canton Police Department did, and there were no charges brought by the Feds against anyone in the Canton Police Department.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jones, appreciate your call. Thank you very much. Let me keep rolling here. I believe the only call left that is calling on Karen Reid. And you can correct me on that, Dan if you want, Dan Cantano Cantano, uh, Dan, and Havel joins us.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 2: I believe you're looking to talk about Karen Reid.
Speaker 6: All right, you.
Speaker 2: Say that again.
Speaker 6: Please, So I just set a three minute run and I'm just want of the Google kind of an ab CD without, you know, without you.
Speaker 2: Don't need three minutes, want you. I'll tell you when I don't. I don't like a lot three minutes to people to speak. Let let's have a conversation. Go ahead, Let's see how it goes.
Speaker 6: Then here it is if read by the way, you.
Speaker 2: Want speaker Are you want speakerphone?
Speaker 6: Dan? Oh yeah, let me turn it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, you know the thing is that when you're on speakerphone, as we've said many times, it makes it more difficult for people to hear you, whether you get a minute, two minutes, three minutes, or five minutes. I want you to be able to express yourself and be hered.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, okay, Dan. I think if if Reid's lawyers had her best interest at hot, they would have had her please sufficient facts. You know, it's different than not guilty to involuntary manslaughter rall. I would be I was drunk and jealous, got out of the car backed up, intending to scare him. I thought he'd jump out of the way, but he, being drunk, he did not. Uh oh second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's that's pure speculation, Dan, And I don't know what value speculation is.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, the thin envelopments side. It would have been over three years ago. She would have saved millions and bottles sure to receive recipathy from people from making a drunken mistake. She would have saved her job, millions and legal.
Speaker 2: I don't know you. I don't know you can kind of plead deal on a on a on a capital case. I really don't. I think it'll be. It's one thing if it's drunk driving and she ran her car into a tree and she's never been drinking before. But when when somebody loses their life, I don't think any prosecutor is going to say, yeah, we'll we'll we'll pull you, admit to sufficiency and we'll give you one year of probation. I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Don even on the second time around, when they really don't want to lost, you don't think they will listen to the charge and made a deal.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they know. They haven't lessen that the three charges remained, the tragedies being tried on today are the same charges she was facing a year ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, well okay, I think it has happened. Then live with her, so enter it God, Okay.
Speaker 2: Well again, those sort of moral decisions I leave to others. Thanks Dan, appreciate you, Carl, thank you very much. We're gonna move on to the whole question. I believe on Iran and we're looking at pictures I watch, I'm looking at uh Fox N CNN moving back and forth, and uh uh Iran has been hit tonight pretty hard. I will this story is a big story. Let's go right now too, John in Boston, John, you're next on the night's side. I believe you want to talk about the the Israeli attack on on Tehran.
Speaker 7: Actually, yeah, I was gonna mention just Karen read a couple of quick points if you wouldn't mind, go ahead, just real quick, a couple of there's like a seesaw idea and there could be a lot of stuff from one side of the sore or the other. But there's a couple of focal points I think on the carab Re trial, but one that the thing is the FBI turn over the records. Karen Ree was at John o'kei's house on the phone on the Wi Fi at twelve thirty six. Meanwhile, j McCabe said she saw Karen Ree's car outside of the house at twelve forty five. She can't be in both places. Number one again, you know.
Speaker 2: You're John, You're you're in the weeds there and I'm not trying to cut you off here, but you you obviously followed this case more closely than most of my audience, and you're just in the weeds.
Speaker 7: And and okay, it's not helping me, and it's.
Speaker 2: Not helping my audience.
Speaker 7: But go ahead, okay, I'll make it. I'll make it simple. That just they talked about the tail light officer Barrels in Dyton when they came to the state Police can't pick up a. Karen Rea's car at her parents house. The officer testified he saw the car, he saw the tail light and had a slight crack and a small piece missing. And then the state police seized the car. And prior to that, it's the crime scene had been searched already with for tailllights. There was nothing the light is also Officer of Police Officer canton On.
Speaker 2: Jud John, here's the deal. I really am not interested in litigating the case. Clearly, if you were on the jury, you would lead the jury to not guilty. In about maybe.
Speaker 7: Twenty minutes, somebody smashed the teill light and police officers testified that it wasn't smashed that way. That's under Oh two police officers testified. There's a problem there, there's a huge problem.
Speaker 2: You've convinced me, John, you know what you you you should you should go to law school because I think that your persuasive abilities are extraordinary.
Speaker 7: Very key. There's a certain things that are key.
Speaker 2: Dan, I cannot imagine. John. Here's what I don't understand, John. There were professional reporters from the Globe and the Herald, Associated Press UH television stations, and none of those people who were there in the courtroom had been able to to break it down as simply and as clearly and as persuasively as you.
Speaker 7: Dan. There are a million pots. I'm just trying to say, Dan, you can look at the police I'll say, don't take my word, look at the police officer's testimony, and look at the video the video.
Speaker 2: Okayduring the next break, I'm gonna look at the video and the police officer. John, you have a point of view here, which is fine. Okay, you think she's been framed. I'm glad that you got it out there. But most of the stuff you're telling me, we've heard people talk about it, and it's now gonna be up to the jury. If they come back with a conviction, you're gonna be extraordinarily disappointed. You're gonna think the case is a bad job. If they come back with an acquittal, you're gonna be able to call me up and say, Dan, I told you, and I was right from the get go. So you know, I know you're passionate about this.
Speaker 7: Dan. I'm saying, look at the photos and tell me what you see. You see you get a police office, one of these police officers lying, that's all. I'm saying, look at the photo, how the lake is smashed?
Speaker 2: Enough to know here's the thing. I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, John, but I'm swat enough to know I was not in the courtroom. I have not reviewed the transcript. I deal with a variety of topics here on Night Side. Okay, I have a wide knowledge. I have a knowledge about a lot of things, but I'm not here to debate her guilt or innocence. I gave you an opportunity, just like I gave everybody else an opportunity to express their opinion. You clearly are convinced that she's being framed, and you know that's fine. We got it. You gave us some specific examples. You brought specifics. I don't have enough knowledge of the case whether to say, yeah, you're on You're absolutely right, she's been framed. My god, I now understand that I'm just telling you what I believe. John, that's all, you know. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not saying you're I'm saying you're passionate.
Speaker 7: I'm just yeah, I'm just rushing to get to the point of the key. If you just look at the placid tail like, that's all I just try to. I mean, there's a million things you could talk about the case, but not everything is important is certain key parts like a focal, like a focal going.
Speaker 2: So you, John, you have made the point, whether you realize it or around. You made it very effectively. Okay, very effectively, but I got it. I'm going to move on to We did an hour and a half on this, and I'm going to move on to the to in in the what I think is the more important story tonight. It rans to iron. So but I thank you you were a final caller on on this. Thanks John, talk to you later. All right. From now on for the battance of the night, we're going to talk about what is going on in the Middle East tonight, which is dangerous, but it also might turn. It might turn the world in a good direction. If if if torn Be it fails to get a nuclear bomb, We'll take a quick break and we will be back after this CBS News special report.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're switching topics. We're talking about what is going on in the Middle East tonight. If you're not watching, and I hope you're maybe watching but also listening to Nightside, Israel has launched a huge assault and Iran. I'm looking at both CNN and Fox and trying to just I'm not listening to the words. I'm seeing the pictures. This attack occurred beginning around eight thirty our time, which is quite early in the morning both Israeli and Iranian time, and apparently and Israel has been successful. This was an attack that maybe yesterday when President Trump closed several of our embassies and told staff in the Middle East, told staff to evacuate. Basically, this is on the patients of Israel with Iran, and the MULAS has run out. According to an Associated Press story here of people in Tehran who woke to the sound of the blast, State television acknowledged the blast that wasn't immediately clear would have been hit, though smoke could be rising from chit Gar, a neighborhood in western Tehran. There were no known nuclear sites in that area, but it wasn't immediately clear if anything was happening in the rest of the country, and Israeli military officials says this country targeted Iranian nuclear sites without identify them. The problem for Israel is that a lot of the Iranian nuclear sites are inside of mountains and without bunker buster bombs, which are difficult to deliver. Many felt those sites were impervious to attack, but knowing how how sophisticated the Israeli military is and the mosade I, wouldn't be a bit surprised if they're as if they're on Israeli commandos involved in this. I'm merely speculating. If any of you are watching have some insight on this, I think it is about time. I think that Iran for forty six years has held that region of the world hostage as a potential threat. And finally Benjamin Netanyahu, after having struck hes Bolah and Hamas and Amas, he's now going after Iran, which of course is the founder of Hezbollah and Hamas six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty six, one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. US Secretor of Saint Marco Rubio is emphasizing this is being done by Israeli forces. It's going to be interesting if Tehran has a response what that response might be. I'm sure US forces in the area are on high alert, and I'm sure that they already locked and loaded if necessary. Let me go to Rob in Midford. Rob, I think we're going to change topics here. I hope you want to talk about what's going on and around.
Speaker 8: Yes, Dan, I hope you can tell me why I'm wrong. Since I was in junior in high school nineteen seventy five, physics teacher taught us how to build a nuclear bomb. They're very simple, there's only a few pots. The only thing that prevented it from ever happening was the proper fuel, the enriched uranium that's needed. So now what has concerned me now is a couple of things. Is I recall it a couple of months ago, or maybe longer, there was some drone searching New Jersey. We never found out. We heard they were looking for weapons grade uranium or plutonium, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But I think that that I think that mystery was solved, and I believe that they were US drones. But I don't think that that story hung together. I think that they were probably doing some testing. I think that story has disappeared. And if there was, uh, if they were in fact looking for weapon grade plutonium, we would know about.
Speaker 4: It, Okay the end.
Speaker 8: Then then tell me all these these gardaways. Suppose they were all carrying some Suppose there was enough of these gardaways that each schnuck into the country would say like one part of the atomic bomb and and and only like a quarter of the amounts of enrich thuughtonium they needed. But with the amount of guard aways, how do we know, Dan, there isn't already a bomb in this country somewhere assembled with all these people that are in if if you figure how many bombs they could be with this few pots and all the matters is to have the enriched weapons of great substance, and and uh, we could already have a bomb in this country now and and and I'm I'm afraid that nobody's looking for it and it's already here because we let it be snuck in and we don't even know.
Speaker 2: Well, there there are other weapons that that that I would be more concerned about, to be honest with you, I would be concerned about chemical and biological weapons that that are much easier to to move around. But someone had to do something to Iran. Iran was on the course to getting a nuclear weapon. Once they got that nuclear weapon and more importantly a delivery system, they would have fired that weapon at Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, any any major community in Israel. Okay, what Israel.
Speaker 8: Is They have the right to kill everybody. They would they the Iranians they feel, you know, they would strap a bomb to their baby and send it over to.
Speaker 2: You, exactly exactly. So the point is the point that we got to deal with tonight, you and I going to deal with right now. Is Israel is doing this in anticipatory self defense. They know that the intentions of Iran and the leadership, the theocratic leadership of Iran is to destroy the state of Israel. And they know that once and us too. But Israel is a lot closer to them, and their focus is Israel. So Israel is doing tonight what they feel is necessary to defend their people. We have no right, can we can strategize with Israel? But Israel has to do what is in Israel's best interest, and I think, okay, So now.
Speaker 8: Do you think, though, that there's going to be some retaliation because these people are just out of their mind anyway and just hate us anyway. And now do you think this is going to trigger some sort of frankly.
Speaker 2: I think that. I think by taking this preemptive action, it's going to put Iran back on its heels. It may even lead to a counter revolution in Iran. I mean, the people of Iran. They must not like living under the under the leadership of Iran, Okay, And so let's see what happens. I think Israel did tonight what they felt they had to do. I think Iran was getting perilously close towards the weapon, and maybe they already have the delivery system.
Speaker 8: I don't know anybody that thinks they have the right to kill you. They should be sent back to the Stone Age themselves.
Speaker 2: Well, some of them went back to the Stone Age tonight. I think.
Speaker 7: Rob. Appreciate your calls coming down for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you very much, Rob, have a great night. Uh six one seven, two five four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty Israel will be criticized for this, make no mistake about it. But I think Israel is doing what it feels it needs to do to defend itself. They are a lot closer to Iran. The leadership in Iran, this theocratic, religious based leadership, has said all along that they want to destroy the big Satan and the little Satan Israel. And tonight Israel Israel has struck Iran, and knowing how Israel operates, I suspect that it's a very effective strike. We probably won't know until sometime tomorrow morning. But feel free to join the conversation. I got some wide open lines here. I realize that I have changed topics, but I think this is too big a story to ignore, and I can talk about it all night, but I'd love to hear what you think. If you support Israel and what they're doing tonight, feel free. If you think Israel has taken a gamble and taken a risk here that might lead to a wider war, and you want to make that argument, feel free six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty Those lines of wide open I have won at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: Night Side fine with Dan Ray. I'm WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: How are you following the attacks tonight by the State of Israel against Iran. Israel has held off as long as they could, but they got to a point where they felt had had to be done, and apparently dozens of aircraft were involved in the operation. We don't have specifics yet, but knowing how Israel has operated for seventy six years of its existence, since May of nineteen forty eight, when Israel acts, it acts decisively. Jane is an ever Gene, you were next on Nightside. Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 4: How are you hi, Jan?
Speaker 9: Yes, good, thank you. I've been following this for a little while tonight, and I really assumed it was coming when I heard that Trump was moving some of our military around.
Speaker 2: He was moving embassy staff out of some embassies in the Middle East to safer Yeah. So, yep, that was a pretty good indication.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: That put my intenter up a little bit, and I was glad that that was happening. I have to be honest, I'm glad that Israel did this because they had no choice. Really, I mean, to let Irene go on like this. Irene is like a monster you know, out there, and if they didn't do this, it would have been the end of Israel certainly, and maybe the end of other countries too.
Speaker 2: So the president, President Trump's having a cabinet meeting tonight. He is also apparently a federal judge has ordered President Trump to return control of the California National Guard. That was a ruling out of by a federal district judge in San Francisco. That will probably be appealed and that might conceivably get to the US Supreme Court. But that's another story that's going on tonight.
Speaker 9: So it's a busy yeah, that that is just a situation where incompetence in California government, I'm sorry and other places that are letting this happen because they are they are you know, there's criminal acts being that are happening with the protests. They're not peaceful protests and you can't allow that.
Speaker 2: Let me focused. I brought that up only because I just noticed that on CNN.
Speaker 9: Oh no, it's okay, but I just it shouldn't be happening. It has to be stopped, and I'm sorry, too bad. Arrest them all. That's it. But I'm glad Israel is doing this, they had no choice.
Speaker 2: Good, well, let us hope that. Let's hope they're successful, because Iran has been nothing since Omani returned to power from from Paris, France.
Speaker 9: And uh, they are an evil empire. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they're at least part of the axis of the evil empire. They yeah. Uh. We gave him plenty of opportunity to settle down.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And they they missed the signal. They missed the signal.
Speaker 9: We'll see, Yeah, traveling their own road, and I think it's going to lead them to a bad place. So I think as.
Speaker 2: Well as going to a rocky road for Iran tonight, through a lot of rocky roads in Iran tonight. If you get my drift, thanks.
Speaker 5: To appreciate great well, they asked, thank you got it?
Speaker 2: Let me go next to Laurie in Idaho. Hi, Laurie, thanks for calling in. You're you've been following this a little bit tonight.
Speaker 3: I have I gues. Someone called me and gave me a heads up. I think it's gonna be able to start a little bit. They hadn't done the big attack yet, which I thought was interesting, and so I just wanted to thank you so much for for switching to the story, because this is really important to follow. I think and remember I said a week or two ago, how Trump throws out red herrings and something bigger is going on.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, I do remember your comment. And I assumed he was talking about a tariff deal with China.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 3: Well he might have been, you know, he might have been this. This thing obviously didn't happen overnight, so this might have been talks and strategic. Obviously, you know we're not, you know, involved militarily and all that, and I'm glad we shouldn't be, but those talks had been going on, and he is just an expert. It's throwing out little red fish to get the media all upset and following that and ignoring something bigger that might be going on. But I am just I mean, what can you do? I mean good, good for Israel, and I think with at least I think with Trump, and there are some other European leaders that are are tired of the bullying. I mean, Trump is going to put down a bully. He's not going to stand for it. Obviously ran as a bully. Israel has had enough of it, and yeah, well it's there. He did but hopefully it works out.
Speaker 2: I also think that indirectly this helps indirectly Ukraine because has been supplying Russia with drones that have been that Russia is using to attack Ukraine.
Speaker 3: I thought, I.
Speaker 2: Think this is going to there are implications here. H and if if this rate, yeah, I know, but if if this rate is successful, and it's always difficult in the first few hours, Uh, they will get some pictures of their targets over there because it's getting very close. Well, it's it's really dawn over there at this point. It's sun online has has come up on that part of the world. They'll have some satellite photos, will have some satellite photos. I believe that President Trump has the National Security Council meeting now scheduled for eleven in the morning. He has some sort of a cabinet meeting being going on right now, so he's he's on top of this. And and I'm sure that net Yaho and he having a much better relationship than Netanya who had with former President Biden.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's he well, anything better than none. But moving on, Well, yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: He had he had the green light, which you know, we have plausible deniability, so no one's going to be able to accuse us of participating. But I got to believe there's some US military assets uh ready to go over there. I'm not even sure if tarn has the ability to counterattack, if for Israel used the time that they had between all of those assaults that we saw a few months ago in Israel, if they used all the time that they had, Remember, this is the this is the country that was able to do that.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: That those those portable radios uh and those walkie talkies uh, they killed most of the leadership of Hamas. They literally blew up in their pockets.
Speaker 3: Brilliant.
Speaker 2: It was brilliant. And I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we're going to find out that there was that there were Israeli special forces who went in and and and blew up some of this infrastructure in Iran. That's very that's very deep in uh in mountains.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very good guidance and maybe a little manpower yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So well we will have to see. Laurie. Is always great to hear your voice. Thank you, and I'm glad if you tell me that I made the right decision here. Again, we could have talked our intention was to uh talk about uh, we'll talk tomorrow night about the riots all that. So sometimes we have to change.
Speaker 4: Far more important it is to me, and I.
Speaker 2: Hope my audience picks up on this after the eleven ou thanks, Laurie, we'll talk to Okay, thank.
Speaker 3: You, soodnight.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what we're going to do here is we're going to take a quick break. And I have wide open lines right now. And this is one of those stories where probably most of you don't have much to say because you're just catching up with the news story. So let me just bring you up to date. Iran tonight has launched a massive and I think that is an appropriate word, a massive attack against Israel has launched a massive attack against Iran. I think that Israel finally said enough is enough, and hey, they have tried to now wipe out, if not the Iranian regime, certainly wipe out their capacity to produce and deliver nuclear weapons. We will get to all of this during the next hour. I'm going to spend the next few minutes catching up on the latest. I hope you will as well. In the meantime, I hope you'll call us. The bottom line is I believe Israel did what was in Israel's interest tonight and hope, I hope that they have the success that they have planned, and maybe maybe this will weaken the leadership in Tehran, so there may be a counter revolution and there may be freedom for the Iranian people. Israel's fight is not with the Iranian people. It's with the military leadership of that country, and it's a theocratic leadership. You have the number six, one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine three, one, ten thirty. Let's get these phone lines going, coming right back on nightside