Speaker 1: We got Peter King, former Congress and Peter King.
Speaker 2: On the line.
Speaker 3: This is perfect guy to come on to Peter.
Speaker 1: You know, listen, George, George Venezuela's point is very well taken. We want to see justice done, but I mean, come on, you don't want to. I wish we didn't have the corruption in the first place. I like being a Pollyanna.
Speaker 4: You'll be in naive.
Speaker 5: And in a real way, you are the fact this is always going to be corruption and the ideas you need, you need to fish the people to watch it. As far as Frank Corone, I I know him slightly. You hate to see some guy get in trouble. But if he deserves he deserves it. And it's too early to judge, but the US attorney in that district is very professional, very top top shelf. So let's let's wait and see how it goes. If it is corruption, then obviously it has to be plunning if she has to be gone after otherwise the whole system that corrodes and the good people, then he get brought down you along with the others. So it's well, it's important to clean up the system. I don't want to be drudge Frank Coron, but right now it's going to be a tough fight ahead for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Frank Coroon's an attorney.
Speaker 5: He should attorney.
Speaker 6: Attorneys should know better. You know, this is what they what they defend, or what they prosecute. You know, this is their life. They know the consequences if you.
Speaker 5: Did vibrate a lot, that's one thing. We have to wait and see whether we did or not. There's usually presumption of innocence. There's also a real life presumption at the FBI and the US Attorney and the Justice Apartment. To put all that effort into it, they must believe that he is guilty. On the other hand, as we saw with President Trump, you can also target someone for political reasons. I'm not saying that's the case for Franklin at all, which I do know the Jonah Cellar in the Eastern District is an outstanding. The US Attorney and George can talk to the validity of the FBI in New York. Whatever criticisms wire being made of the FBI in Washington under the Biden administration, that really never ever applied to New York, especially when George was there.
Speaker 4: George, I mean the U FBI twenty five, twenty six years, four years in charge of New York. What is the batting average of the FBI in New York when they decide to make an arrest?
Speaker 3: What very high? I mean, I mean the federal charge they don't make an arrest, make arrest, especially in the corruption arena, because you have to make sure that it's it's it's a it's a slam dunk case, because you don't want to indict a high political figure and then and then have them go free, because then that's a bit, that's a state. And there's a lot of protocols that go on when you when you investigate political figures. So any political figure that's indicted, I could tell you it's probably ninety conviction rate.
Speaker 6: I wish, I wish Frank Coron the very best. Congressman Peter King, how how are you? What an honor to have you here?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's my my friends are being with you.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 6: You know we've taken over sid show this whole week and and Jake Novak is really doing a great job. You know, we have George Weinberg and uh, of course the the owner of the our boss here, John Kata Matidi's uh and we we are enjoying it. This win shift, your work triple shift.
Speaker 4: That's you're up at three in the morning.
Speaker 1: You need a pay race. But Harrison King, we feel like we're in occupied territory this morning. These results of these primaries last night, these these socialist communist anti semits winning all of Mayor Mom Donnie's endorsed candidates in these congressional elections, including this, Daria at Our, Eliza A. V es Chevalier defeating Adriano Espayat, Clara Valdez winning in Brooklyn over Renoso, and Brad Lander winning over Dan Goldman. I mean, look this to me, this is really bad news for New York. Whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, these people are not going to bring prosperity or safety to the streets of New York or to the businesses of New York.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: It's an and.
Speaker 1: An incredibly low amount of people voting this this Darles vs. Only thirty two seven hundred people voted for her in the entire primary last night. Now she's going to be a congressman. This has got to make it. This has got to make you feel as worried as we are.
Speaker 5: It says, truly terrible news, not just for Democrats, Republicans, but really all the people of New York. Was I'm old not remembering. I'm sure George does. In John All So years ago, Jesse Jackson gets slaughtered in the election in New York because years before, this is a Democratic primary. Years before he had made some remark that was considered vaguely anti Semitic.
Speaker 7: He called New York Peter, He called New York Hemry. He wasn't vaguely, it was totally anti he called it Hymri time, Peter unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Instead of calling everything anti Semitic, can't we just call it anti hate?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I mean I know, no, that's because I hate in this country. Excuse me, Yeah, the hate in this country today is anti Sermitic. It's not anti Irish, it's not anti Greek, it's not anti Italian. The war war is against the Jewish community and the state of visual So it's torn. Hey is watering it down against the truth threat to what's.
Speaker 6: Not anti Dominican either? No, no, not anti Dominican.
Speaker 4: How about a brief Listen, these people it's all about, tell.
Speaker 7: Me your best friends are Jewish?
Speaker 5: Are we all monsters. That was the point of trying to make is that, in comparison to what has been said today, Jesse Jackson's remark was vaguely anti Semitic and it was distant past. That's the point I was trying to make today. That's overt anti Semitism, it's anti Israel, anti Jewish. What happened to Dan Goldman and I have no love for Dan Goldman. That would have been unheard of user that would have that would have ended the campaign right then and there instead of been almost nothing. In fact, maybe it even boosted support for his opponent of the Landa in that race. That's the point I was making is that one comment or one time can bring down your career. Now you can make ten comments a day that I hate antisemitic, and Jeorge, I agree with Judge Weinberg. Right now, the targets are the Jews. That's the reality. And my point is I'm very concerned for the Jews, but I also know when you look at history, it's the Jews first and the rest of us after that. So the fact is all of us are in danger. We have to realize that. And that's say, well, it's only the Jews there's only this if they're coming after the Jews, the coming after all of us. And we have a special obligation obviously to the Jewish community because of World War Two and the star Wark anti Semitism, But just a mi selfish point of view, all of us are the targets. And that's the reality.
Speaker 1: Peter King. By the way, we have Rabbi him Steinmetz is going to join us in a few minutes. He's a rabbi. I have a big congregation here in Manhattan to talk about all of this. But moving on from just that issue, well, I mean taking it from that issue. You know, these candidates talk a lot about Israel and the Jews. How does that what does that have to do with the price of eggs in Harlem or the Bronx where this chevaliert is going to be the congresswoman. Now, I mean to me this. You know, we've known for years that the Arab country surrounding Israel have used anti Simism and anti Israel rhetoric to get themselves off the hook for their terrible governments, for the fact that there's so much poverty, the fact that a country like Egypt has I think like sixty percent illiteracy. But to see it come here to New York. I mean this is like watching the Lord of the Rings and the Orcs have come. I mean, this is like seventh century barbarism has come to Harlem and come to the Bronx in Brooklyn. This is absolutely terrifying.
Speaker 5: It really is. And again it goes beyond the issue of Israel in the Middle East. The anti Israel, anti quote unquote Zionism, anti Semitism is really a metaphor for coming against American society and that's why it's so important that we stay in firm on this and again, all sorts of hatred obviously wrong. Also, I think it's important for Republicans to get our acts together. And I don't want to sound critical of President Trump, but we shouldn't be talking about the reflecting pool and painting the White House gold and everything else. We should be a get a few key issues focused on them, and whatever happens in random negotiations. We should never be tearing against net and Yahoo and making remarks against him which could be interpreted as being anti years ago. You stay with your allies, and if you're going to have differences, you are behind the scenes. You don't question that. You know their their motives are their loyalty.
Speaker 6: Congressman King, we had a situation yesterday in a coffee shop, by the way, this Fernando Matteo congressman, pleasure to be here, okay, Great Dan Goldman was was a denied service in a coffee shop. He's a congressman of this country. He was denied service because he was pro Israel. Sort of right, all right, So you know what's your take on this situation?
Speaker 5: That to me was indefend of home. And that's the point I was alluding to before, is that that should have ended the campaign right then and there. There should have been a massive outpouring of opposition to Brad Landa for that because he did not denounce it, and there should have been piecial administrations against it. Instead, it was just sort of closed over.
Speaker 6: There's a protest.
Speaker 1: A second. We got we have Sid Rosenberg, our guy. We're filling. If we're on the phone right now, you stay on the line, Peter, don't don't don't hang out.
Speaker 4: You don't hang up. Peter stand but we.
Speaker 1: Got Sid Rosenberg.
Speaker 5: Did he'll drive me crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, boy, Sid You know Peter said you should have been here. I mean when that story broke. You know, you know you got a chance now to to blast about this. Go ahead, said, well.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking to you right now. I'm about I don't know, about one hundred yards away from the hotel, which is also known as the Western Wall, the Whaling Wall here in Israel and another beautiful, sunny, gorgeous Israel day. Look, that's a tough race for me. You know, that race for me is like asking, hey, said, would rather have an age or herpies? I being serious? I mean, Dan Goldman is horrible. He's not really told. He's will you know, he's not as bad as Bernie Sanders, a Chuck Schumer, but he's hardly one of our strong Jews. Brad Lander is a Palestinian. He's Chuck Schumer. He's a joke. Any decent Jew you don't havebot dinners on Friday Night with Palestinians. So I don't like Goldman. I like Lando even less. I guess somebody had to win given the choice, or to prefer Goldman. But either way, that Congress rate for New York, for America.
Speaker 1: Sid you know we there is going to be a protest today. I want to give everyone the details, five sixty one Lorimer Street in Brooklyn against this coffee shop, the Poetica Coffee Shop. So we're hoping for you know, I'd like to see a nice turnout there. But you know, Fernando and I were talking about yesterday, like the Jewish community of Williamsburg should have been surrounding that coffee shop yesterday when this story.
Speaker 2: Absolutely Yeah, the problem is we don't do that, and we should, you know when That's part of the problem with American jewelry is that unlike here in Israel, where they will shoot you, okay, by mine will shoot you, in New York they're they're very timid, and that's fart of the reason why Jewish people get their asses kicked all over the streets of New York City. We just don't do that. They do that so they can have a nice turnout outside of the coffee shop, but it's not going to mean anything. It's not like it's going to stop there or anyplace else.
Speaker 5: You've got the.
Speaker 2: Mayor, this disgusting mayor, his disgusting bio wretched wife who goes so course cought me shopping Williamsborg, Brooklyn and sits there and makes faces that the former Missus Israel Melanie Saravias, but here the last couple of days, so it doesn't really matter. They could have one hundred people, a thousand people. The bigger problem is we are being taken over New York City by Jew hating cop hating America, hating DSA, anti Semites. If yesterday the youth polks in New York doesn't wake you up, doesn't improve to you how scary the situation is. I've been talking about this guys for days, thousands of people. I spoke in front of the last couple of days of phoeb Net in Yahoo with Mike Huckabee, with President Hurrizog and I told them the truth about America. The truth about America is it's becoming a very scary place, and no scarier place than New York City. This mayor is the most dangerous politician and has more power and more sway than maybe out anybody. It's out of President Trump in our country. If you're not scared to be in New York now for hip asleep.
Speaker 1: Sid is on the line with the sid Rithmickers on the line, so is former Congress and Peter King, and I want to ask both of you this question because I think that you know, Sid just touched on this. To me, this is the original sin, or major sin of the Jewish community in the United States. If the Jews are going to continue to thrive in this country, they need to be able to say the following. If you come into our communities to attack us and hurt us, we'll kill you first, have a nice day. And Peter King and Sid Rosenberg, I can't think of one Jewish community right now that can say that, right Sid.
Speaker 2: I can't either. You know, Look, you've got Jewish communities. I fool here on ELI, which is a great airline. Maybe there'll be the official airline of Sitting Friends in the morning. I don't know what's working on it. But you know, the all of Lakewood, New Jersey, was on my flight, and that whole community is based the League Hassidic. You've got obviously Borrow Park, which Peter knowles in Brooklyn. You've got these Huwish pockets. But the truth is, again, the Jewish people in the United States are not the same as the Jewish here, and they don't do stuff like that. You know, they take the yamica off, they hide them mugging Deleat. I tell parents all the time, the worst thing you can do is hide the fact that you're Jewish. They would almost rather you do that. People like mayemum Dani and the terrorists then find a dead body in the street of Televiv, I swear to God. So if you hide the fact you're Jewish, you're playing right into the hands of the quote unquote terrorists. And that's what New York Jews do. It's really said to watch right, Peter.
Speaker 5: Now you're right, it really is not Listen, we're not talking about shooting people in the streets, but Jews and all and everyone should be standing with the Jews. I stood before you come on. I was saying, going after the Jews is almost a metaphor for going after America. It's always the Jews first and everybody else right after that. So if we don't stand united on this, not just as a Jewish issue, but it's a human issue, all of us are going to suffer in the end. And what's happening here is almost unbelievable. If you had told any of us five years ago this was going to happen, that you would have this state of anti anti americanism, anti police attitude in the city of New York, anti military, you go across to the board, anti ice. You add it all together. This is an attact on American society as insults on all of us, and we have to get together. I think President Trump is to organize this better. I hope the Republican Party has to get it organized better. For instance, here in New York we have and I'm not saying this politically, we have to work someone like Bruce Blakeman. And we can't be saying you should be doing this. We should be doing that. We should have had this candidate. We have a great candidate. Let's get behind him. The fact that he's Jewish adds to that because that would even make the big Greek more resounding in this in this age of anti Semitism.
Speaker 1: Sid and Peter, have you speaking of Bruce Blakeman. Have you seen Bruce Blakeman's new ai as AI generated as online? They're very much like the Spencer Pratt ads where he's on a subway with Kathy Hoak. I mean, you know, with a caricature of Kathy Oakle. I don't know if either of you have seen this, but to me, this is a kick yeah, kicking up. What do you think about it?
Speaker 5: Said? I like it, Jacob.
Speaker 2: There's also a cold should mom Donnie, and they're both eating on the train. The train, yes, mind stars that look like monsters, and they are monsters. Let's be honest. You know, Kathy Hockel is not a good person. I don't know if she's a good person. She's not. She's allowing the people in her state to basically fall apart here and the mayor is just an outright terrible person. And I did hear from Bruce Blakeman a couple of times. As Peter pointed out, he's a proud you. He is a fighter. You know. He showed up with me at Kelombea University. We were the very first people to get there. There was no Eric Adams, sorry folks, no Eric Adams.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: A couple days after us, Mike Johnson and Nicole Marno Otake showed up. But I was the first one there with Michael Rappaport, Anthony d Esposito, Mike Lawler and the apple mentioned Bruce Blakeman. He's a wonderful guy. Peter is right, you got to win that race and honestly, I said it, said Conch just last week. I think the mayor feels like he's already won his second term. You know, he's already he's already out there campaigning for his second term. He's not even six months into his first term. So the Republican Party in New York has to find some very serious merial candidates two or the mayor is going to walk right back into office. It'll be stuck with Kathy Hopel again, which I don't think she'll win.
Speaker 5: I think Brus will win.
Speaker 2: But if she does another four years of my Donnie, that makes seven more years of this, the city will be gone. It will be gone.
Speaker 6: Sid This is Fernando Matteo. First of all, congratulations on your award. I don't know if you heard our breaking news. Okay, the Hall of Fame. Yeah, we're very we're very proud of you, and we're very happy that you are taking a break because it gives us an opportunity to sit in your studio while you're away and filling for your shoes, filling filling your shoes Fernando's and join us. I'm enjoying it, said, I've always wanted better, come Bahow you better come back.
Speaker 4: Said, don't come come back?
Speaker 1: Did take another week? We're gonna need a crowbar to get him out of his chair.
Speaker 3: He wants to know why he didn't get the Yeah, why didn't I get on in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 4: But you've been a broadcast.
Speaker 3: Maybe the year.
Speaker 4: But but I'm on w ABC. That's what's important, that's what makes heroes. And wait to hear the announcement. Who's studying this week?
Speaker 6: Really, you can't duplicate me.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's a super announcement. Oh boy, it's a super super announcement. And wait to hear John, you.
Speaker 2: Said, I we'll say this, John, and this is a testament to you, and it's not you need to hear it from me. But I'm here in Israel. I'm seven thousand files away, and you would be maybe wouldn't be, actually, John, but you won't be shocked, but you'd be happy to hear how many people here in Jerusalem listen to us on w ABC. I mean, I got to tell you, guys, it's it's so real for me. But I get stopped in the street multiple times a day, I mean multiple times a day, and I got to ask them how do you know who I am? And they go, what do you mean? W WABC. We listen every day, so even here in the Middle East, this little country here in Miami too, Yeah, well Miami too. They love us in Miami. That's right, John Yes said.
Speaker 6: While you're there, please tell them to hear Fernando mateo, no excuses some days between six and seven, please make some pomp cards yea and.
Speaker 5: Ship you think this is all a joke, But I'm not happy when I sep Dina people start talking to me about you. I don't care about The only question I've had is really crazy about it? Yeah he is, believe me, he is? Said, Uh, anyway, say they still love you? I don't know. Sid.
Speaker 1: We got to take a break, but thank you so much for calling in from Israel. We do want you to come back. All kidding aside, and thank you for letting us take these chairs these last few days.
Speaker 2: Don't do a great job, all of you, guys. I won't forget your Fernando and take you to a job.
Speaker 5: Forget him.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the Hall of Fame mentioned too. I appreciate that I've worked a lot of years and went to a lot of trials, and tribulations, most of which were my fault. I'm accountable for it. But to be recognized as one of the old tom greats and our industry is pretty sireal.
Speaker 5: So thank you, guys, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You gotta get you gotta get low in the Hall of Fame next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine, of course I agree with you, George I. Pino certain hall of famer, one of the greats.
Speaker 1: We're all standing on his shoulders.
Speaker 8: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sit in Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app.
Speaker 1: Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms.
Speaker 8: Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder what the heck is going on here.