Speaker 1: Oh well, thats are.
Speaker 2: Hell and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy and my name is Jonathan Jacob. Jacob. I don't know how our good cult members around the world are going to feel about this topic, And to be completely honest, I don't know how I'm going to feel about this topic. But let's get into it. What are we talking about today?
Speaker 3: All right? Right off the top before I say the title of this episode, although everybody listening to it has seen the title obviously, so just everybody's clear here. I didn't get into this with this intention at all. Okay, I'm gonna paint you a scene here. My kids are off of school right now today and tomorrow for fall break, and as a matter of fact, speaking a fall break. Me and my son for opening weekend, right first weekend of October, we went out there for a squirrel hunt. We went to the old game reserve that I used to hunt on as a kid, that my dad brought me to. I was able to bring my son to super proud Papa moment. Here's the deal. I forgot how bad the fucking mosquitoes were in that particular neck of the woods. Dude, I shit, you not I was thinking about vlogging it. I was going to take a video of all the whole experience to wake up, the drive, the hunt, all the things, and I was gonna make a YouTube videos out of that and put it on the cage tonight. Right, because I haven't done anything on that in a couple of weeks. Is I'm compiling a video to explain why that is. But it's it's crazy that I've had this many curve balls hit me right as I opened it up. That's the year hinder there.
Speaker 2: Jacob's not used to being a full time podcaster yet, so his life he's you know, it's it's fun trying to stack the legos and figure out how the castle is going to look. But you know, sometimes it can be right right, I've been in this kind of mode for actually, I've been full full time podcasting for a year as of this month now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I started October last year the rat Race a year before me, which was excellent.
Speaker 2: So it takes a little bit of time. And even back then, we weren't doing five a week.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, no, we weren't full time in it really until now. But that's also because we couldn't because of my work schedule and you know all of that. But anyway, long story short, we didn't kill anything at the old Woods that I used to hunt him. But we went with my brother the next morning. My boys shot two squirrels. Oh fucking got him. He nailed it. Uh, he outshot me. Actually I only got one that day. He got too, and I was like, he's like, yeah, I got more. I'm like, yo, I want you to flex on me on this type of shit. You have no idea like, Yo, brag, brag your fucking ass off kid. Yes, Yo, super proud Papa moment house.
Speaker 2: How was that squirrel?
Speaker 3: Well, I was saying, bro, we cooked it down into a squirrel stew that night. As a matter of fact, my boy was able to kill, clean and cook. He cooked this. My brother showed them how to do it. Don't get me wrong. My brother's a way better cook than I am. That's just a fact. And they cooked down this squirrel and sausage stew. Boy, that was a jam up meal. I mean you you, I can't. You cannot buy the look on that child's face. You cannot replicate that. You can't recreate that. That was pure and that was proper. That is wholesome, that is in keeping with the old ways, like as eat down, historical, as as manly as you want to go, whatever direction you want to go. That moment, bro, I wouldn't trade that moment for the fucking world.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, eating the meat that you killed, that's like as close to nature as you can get.
Speaker 3: And it was delicious at that, Like it was really good.
Speaker 2: How did you feel? Was that his first time killing something?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How did he feel whenever he actually killed it? Like was he sad or was he stoked about it?
Speaker 3: I mean he was about, like me neutral as far as like the ending of a life. It's an animal, like fuck it, you know, But as far as that goes, like it was he felt good. It wasn't like he was like super proud and like blood hungry by any means. Like you know, he's definitely not a psycho. But he also wasn't like sad at the animal's death, because I've talked to him from a very early age that when we harvest an animal, we are not just killing it for the sake of killing it, like you see all these tweety birds in the trees. We're just out here to kill shit that that's that's wrong, that's incorrect. That is disrespectful to nature. We live on this planet, you know what I'm saying. It's bad form, so absolutely, and I have always taught from day one that that is not how we operate. If we kill it, we're eating it, like we don't kill it unless it is for that purpose, unless like a snake danger, these types of you know what I'm saying. But so when he did this, he knew full well, like, Yo, we're eating this like this is dinner tonight, like it's a whole thing. And he knew that if he only killed one, Yo, we're building a fucking campfire and you're roasting on a stick, like even if we can't make a whole stew out of it, like you are absolutely eating this. And that was like the whole point. It was great, absolutely great.
Speaker 2: That is awesome, dude. I look forward to times like that. My son's only two, he's just a little babe. But hopefully, you know, you know, whenever you know, five, six, seven, eight years down the line, whatever, whenever he's old enough, dude, I look forward to that. I'm actually envious of that, that you got to have a moment like that, my son's just a little too small for all that shit right now.
Speaker 3: But well it sounds all eleven, you know what I'm saying. I waited a good bit to bring him for a couple of reasons. One the maturity aspect being able to be quiet in the woods like and especially for an ady d boy like I get it, that's difficult, you know what I mean. So you have to wait for them to be like mature enough, be able to hold the weapon and fire it correctly. And you don't want to give them a little, a little you know, give you want to give them a proper gun. So it's doesn't order of precedence to it. And honestly, I've waited this long because I've been working so much that I've never had the time or the place to bring him. For years, I've been wanting to do this.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can take a squirrel out with a BB gun though, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, for sure, Like I mean we did that in the woods behind my house of pellet guns for forever. But it's it's not the same. It's just it's not the same, you know. And plus he does competition shooting for four h like real shit, So we're going to be doing it. Yeah, we're gonna do it. We're gonna do it. So I went and got him a little twenty gauge, a youth model pump action twenty gauge. It's a whole fucking thing. He could not stop racking it. When we got home with it. I'm like, I get it, I get it. It was unloaded. It's unloaded, everybody. I'm also a shooting safety coach for It's like, trust me, all weapons safety rules are being followed at all times. But anyway, yeah, great weekend. But anyway, anyway, all of that leading too today, I got all three of my babies. We're chilling out the house, me working from home now and they're off of school, free day of just dad time. Right, So as I'm cleaning and I'm doing things, we got onto Disney and they were curious about the movie Atlantis, and they saw one.
Speaker 2: Of the best Disney movies of all time.
Speaker 3: You'll know what that's a true statement. That is, you look at the writing, you look at the art, you look at the plotline, you look at the double crossing. Like Disney was really doing some amazing work at one point and the NINETI killed all of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the nineties was a different era, bro, because I think that came out in probably ninety four, ninety five something like that, right.
Speaker 3: I want to say it was early two thousands. Really, why do I feel like that? No, maybe ninety nine. I don't know. I'm honestly not one hundred percent. Yeare but any of the way. So we're watching the movie.
Speaker 2: Jane third, two thousand and one. How about that?
Speaker 3: Two thousand and one? Okay, damn? So all right, my kids are asking me about Atlantis being real is because they know that I do history and like that's the thing that I'm a geek about. So they're asking me what kind of reality is there behind Atlantis? And I'm like, well, there are some, but not a lot can be verified because of these things and these things and whatever. But that kind of got me thinking because recently I heard something about Atlantis and these arians and all of these things, and you know what, as I was trying to explain these things to them, I accidentally stumbled upon one article that led to another article that led to a lot more things, And I gotta say it led me to really question, is the theory of Atlantis racist? Like inherently from its inception.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know how that even connects to being a racist thing.
Speaker 3: I gotta I'm gonna break it down for you here today, sir, because I'm not gonna lie the original intent. I never have actually looked at Plato's words about Atlantis. I've read excerpts, you know what I mean, from the Internet, from an article or something. The entire book is a thirty four minute audio book. They have multiple YouTube videos of people reading it verbatim, and it's the same thing about much that's ever been said about it.
Speaker 2: About Plato's version of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, like with that being said, it led me down a wild rabbit hole. And all right, so I did a little light digging and I found this name constantly popping up, a former US congressman named Ignacious Loyola Donnelly, Jonathan, have you ever heard of Ignacious down.
Speaker 2: I want to say that I have.
Speaker 3: Actually you probably have, because there's been a number of people that have referenced him, right, Graham Hancock, Billy Carson, Ancient Aliens, pretty much anything that the History Channel or Discovery has put out all referenced this dude and his work. This dude is seen as quote unquote the father of modern Atlantean hunting. That's his basically his moniker.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, and and he got the information from Plato. How does that work?
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to talk about that, sir, We are going to talk about it. But it's like, so, who is this dude? Who is this ignacious dude? Also his name is Ignacious Loyola, Donnelly, Saint Ignacius of Loyola is the dude that I'm always referencing with the three chords all strom at the same time to me in the Holy Trnity, his father left the Catholic Church. He named his son Ignacious Loyola Donnelly. That it's wild. It's funny. Uh, it's funny. We're gonna talk about it. Okay. So who is this dude and what is his background? And how did a dude in the late eighteen hundreds come by all of this information? And why do the Nazis use him as a source, and why do the Nwebian Nation of Mores also agree with the things he says? So it is it's spiraled, Jonathan and fucking spiral. We got supremacists on either side of the argument. Both referencing this dude as like a knowwher of things. So like, where are we going here? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, here's my thing. I think that there are a lot of spiritually historic people who try and document certain things, certain stories about Atlantis, maybe certain characters that are within Atlantis. And you'll see that within people who act like they're a little bit more spiritual than everybody else, and they always have more facts on Atlantis than anybody's ever written down. It's one of those things to where, uh, what are they called, like the fake spiritual people? We talked about them before, right, Charlatan's Charlatans. Yes, I think that you'll have like a lot of Charlatans bringing up things like Atlantis, not saying that Atlantis existed or it doesn't or it didn't. I don't know. I mean as I just looked it up, and the accepted if Atlantis really did exist, the accepted time when it did existed or did exist was ninety four hundred BC. So you're talking about literally like eleven thousand fucking years ago, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: More than yes, all of that's gonna be brought up for sure. The source of that, I found said maybe ninety six hundred, but like somewhere in inside of ten thousand BC, Like, so, who's.
Speaker 2: Gonna fact check these people? You know what I'm saying? Like, that's why it's easy to start just saying shit.
Speaker 3: Like jumping the gun. You are chumping like, way to the end, dude, But hold on, hold on, We're gonna get there, I promise. So all that being said, Atlantis has been something that has been talked for a very, very long time. So when the zude Ignacious Donnelley wrote this book, okay talking about Atlantis and all of these things, this is kind of why it went the direction that it did. But that's not the only book that he wrote. We're going to talk about it. Here's a video real quick to kind of talk about Ignacious. This is a Hunte films. If you'll want to check them out on YouTube. I'll give him a shout out. I disagree with a lot of his political and socioeconomic viewpoints, but I also find that his historical content is pretty relevant and pretty spot on, So especially when it comes to this guy, let's hear what he says about ignacious.
Speaker 4: Donnelly on December twentieth, eighteen, sixty eight, Ignacious Donnelly wrote in his diary that.
Speaker 5: I'm not one of those who believes the politics is a mere base struggle for place and plunder, or the profoundest rascality and deepest purse. Always when it is so to have lived as to make someone better for your having.
Speaker 4: Lived, pretty incredible, right, That's the sort of private sincerity can only dream of having.
Speaker 6: A politician.
Speaker 4: Donallly wrote that near the end of his three term tenure in the US House of Representatives, and he was nothing if not sincere.
Speaker 6: But what a.
Speaker 4: Politics have to do with Atlantis? Well, everything, it turns out. Donnelly was born in Philadelphia in eighteen thirty one to an Irish immigrant family. His father had abandoned Catholicism, so Ignatius was educated in a public school. When he was a teenager, he wrote poetry prolifically and kept a notebook by his bed to jot down ideas that came to him in his dreams. Donelly's youth was a bad time to be Irish in America, especially in big cities of the East. He faced discrimination from his nativist to Anglo neighbors, many of whom clung to the anti immigrant, anti Catholic sentiments of the Whig Party, so as Donnelly gravitated toward politics, he found natural allies in the Democrats.
Speaker 6: He entered public life on July.
Speaker 4: Fourth, eighteen fifty five, when he gave a speech to the Democratic Party County Assembly in Philadelphia. He blasted the Whigs and the hard line know nothings and argued that immigrants would revitalize America. The speech was a huge success. The young man soon gained the attention of John C. Breckinridge, a prominent Southern Democrat and future Vice President of the United States. The two men briefly corresponded, and Donnelly was starstruck. He was all set to be a rising star in the Democratic Party, but, in an indication of both Donnelly's erratic personality and the seismic political shifts of pre war America, two years later, young Ignatius would be.
Speaker 6: A die in the wool Republican.
Speaker 4: In the meantime, though, he would get married and, like many ambitious nineteenth century Americans, moved to the frontier. Donnelly ended up on Sioux Land in Minnesota and the one horse town of Nininger City. He engaged in Land speculation for a few years until he was ruined by the financial collapse of the Panic.
Speaker 6: Of eighteen fifty seven.
Speaker 4: Donnelly had helped build this agrarian community up from almost nothing, but this sudden and unfortunate economic downturn forced most of his clients in Nininger to pull up stakes and limp back east.
Speaker 6: The whole experience was incredibly disheartening.
Speaker 4: Not only had attempted to create on the plains of Minnesota the ideal Western society where farmers and small businessmen could become prosperous simply because of the fruit of their labors, unconstrained by meddlesome Eastern capital. He came to believe that free labor was the key to creating the egalitarian utopia that was promised by the Founders, and that revelation drove him into the welcoming arms of the abolitionist movement. In eighteen fifty nine, Donnelly wrote, laboring men of the old world, you are, many of you, at the foot of the latter which all mankind are compelled to climb.
Speaker 5: You are clambering the wrongs which the overthrow of the old world's aristocratic notions has left open to you which party will help you up, That which stands committed to the South at slavery, that which would produce and has reduced labor to the degradation of bondage, which presents it no destiny but shame and humidiation. Or that party which, with no dark record in the past, with no principle, but those which the Declaration of Independence as set forth with equality, liberty, humanity for all men, strives by doing the anaultable justice to the black to advance the dignity and pro both the welfare of the white race.
Speaker 4: That year, Donnelly ran for the lieutenant governorship of Minnesota alongside Alexander Ramsay, who had been the territorial governor before statehood. Buoyed by anti slavery sentiment, the pair won in a landslide, presiding over the state Senate. Donnelly quickly gained a reputation as a fiery orator and a passionate advocate for the rights of the common man. He advocated for financial assistance for the farmers who were affected by the Panic of fifty seven, and during the presidential election of eighteen sixty he tirelessly campaigned for Abraham Lincoln Donnelly was quickly making his mark, to the point where Ramsey started seeing his second in command as a potential rival for the governorship. So in eighteen sixty two, he encouraged Donnelly to run for Congress, and to run as a Republican in the North during the Civil War, basically meant to a running unopposed. That same year, Minnesota was racked by violence during the Dakota War, a vicious conflict between white settlers and the Sioux Nation. Companied troops out on campaign during that conflict. However, the fact that he never saw any actual combat was quietly left out of his official dispatches. Nonetheless, it increased his popularity immensely among his constituents. The election one, Donnelly moved to Washington to represent his state.
Speaker 6: Throughout most of his.
Speaker 4: Tenure in Congress, he staunchly backed the party line. During the war, he supported Lincoln's every decision. With Lincoln dead and the rebellion crushed, he gravitated toward the radical Republican position of a harsh, punitive reconstruction. He also supported unconditional civil rights for blacks and was instrumental in creating the Freedman's Bureau, which assisted and protected newly freed slaves in the post war South. But as the years went by, Donnelly became increasingly disillusioned with his Republican colleagues. His time in the halls of federal power had only increased his anti elitist sentiments. At a time when the Party of Lincoln was climbing into bed with big business. Donnelly's break from the party raised the ire of another Western Republican, a lie Whu Washburn of Illinois, who accused the famously anti capitalist Donnelly of taking a cash bribe from a major railroad company, which was a total lie. The bribe wasn't cash, it was company stock. Ignacious vowed revenge and took to the floor of the sacred Chamber of the US House of Representatives to spew an hour long profanity laced rant against Washburn, which ended like this.
Speaker 5: If there be one character which, while blanched and spotted all over, yet raves and rants and black arts like a prostitute.
Speaker 2: If there be.
Speaker 5: One bold, bad, empty bellowing demagogue, it is the gentleman from Illinois.
Speaker 6: The speech backfired spectacularly.
Speaker 4: Donnelly's signature invective had served him well when he had directed it at Confederates and Democrats. Turning his vitriol on his own allies only served to alienate them, and the party didn't bother nominating him for reelection that year, so he ran as an independent instead and split the Republican vote between himself and the party's candidate, so a Democrat wiped the floor with them both. Donnelly would never again hold federal office. Though the Republican Party was done with Donnelly, Donnelly was not done with the Republican Party. Throughout the eighteen seventies, he tried again and again to regain political power in Minnesota, this time running on an explicitly populist independent platform.
Speaker 6: He enjoyed local.
Speaker 4: Popularity in his home of Dakota County and could always count on the support of the hearts gravel rural farmers in the southern part of the state, but it wasn't enough. Donnelly's particular vision of America was an agrarian utopia defined by small, insular communities with individual liberty cherished above all. The trouble was this vision was hopelessly out of date. Jackson and Jefferson were in the rearview, mirror their relevance and receiving fast. The future of populism would be Eugene Debs and Huey Long, And though Donnelly shared some ideological ground with both of those politicians, never really had much concrete policy to back his rhetoric up. Donnelly was naive, pure and simple. The twentieth century would be urban and global, an age of steel and concrete.
Speaker 6: It was inevitable.
Speaker 4: I think that Donallly came to realize this, at least on some level, after a particularly stinging political.
Speaker 6: Defeat in eighteen seventy eight.
Speaker 4: I think he knew that his utopia would never come about. I think he knew his dream was dead, and in his mind the only alternative was apocalypse. America had ceased to wear its prosperity with moderation, and now it would pay the price. In eighteen ninety one, a biographer described this period in Donnelly's life with suitably dystopian prose.
Speaker 5: He'd been driven out of public life by the corrupt power of money. His crops had been devoured by corporations and grasshoppers. He was covered with debts to the islands. Instead of taking to drink to drown his sorrows or going out and hang himself some men would have done under similar circumstances. He retired to the shades of Ninneker, and there in the midst of the arctic cold and deep snows of a very severe winter, with the sheriff for the constable banging every day or two at the door to serve a summons or an execution, he sat quietly down to recreate the history of man before the deluge.
Speaker 6: He wrote Atlantis.
Speaker 3: Okay, real quick, we only have a two more minutes left to go on this because his life's about to kind of wrap up. But as of right now, do we have a decent idea of who Ignatious Donnelly was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of a shithead.
Speaker 3: Well, he was a politician who was very passionate about what he believed in, right, and for a while there he was seen as a great dude and people loved him in DC. Eventually the money got to him and his attitude and his demeanor kind of turned his contemporaries against him. Okay, and so he kind of lost his own job and then fell destitute, so to speak. Every day there's another cop or a debt or deck collector looking for him for some reason or to collect something. So in that moment he sat down and wrote about atlantis. Okay, this is he wanted to recreate the world before the Great Flood, and this was this was his whole, his whole situation and why he did this. And again, this man is seen by many as the father of modern Atlantis hunting because of this work.
Speaker 2: So when allegedly did the Great Flood happen? I mean, I know it was like a long ass time ago, but is there a speculation about when exactly that happened?
Speaker 3: There is speculation, but I couldn't. I couldn't find it off top. You could search it. I one hundred percent. I know somebody's got some. But then it's like which flood, right, because then they say, like which ice age and all of these things. I believe the Great Flood was. It could have been hundreds of thousands of years ages for all I know. And people say the Earth's only ten thousand years old. I don't know.
Speaker 2: This guy named Bishop Usher, he computed that the Earth had been created in four thousand and four BC and that the flood occurred in twenty three point fifty BC.
Speaker 3: Well that's empirically wrong, and we're gonna talk.
Speaker 2: About why, right right. So yeah, there's a bunch of different narratives, Like so nobody really has it narrowed down as far as what I'm finding here.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows when, but everybody can guarantee that it happened, and there's way too much evidence for that. But anyway, anyway, Okay, so long story short, you're boy ignacious, he's he's feeling down, and he decides to write down what was the world before the flood, what was the utopia that he was longing for, and all of these things. Let's go.
Speaker 4: The Antidiluvian World was a gigantic hit, a nationwide bestseller, and Donelly's theories took America by storm. In eighteen eighty two. Atlantis was even the theme of Mardi Grass down here in New Orleans, so Donallly wrote more books. There was the sequel Ragnarok, which argued that Atlantean civilization had been destroyed by an immense comet twelve.
Speaker 6: Thousand years ago.
Speaker 4: There was the Great Cryptogram, one thousand page screen which set about to prove that Sir Francis Bacon was the real author of the plays of Shakespeare.
Speaker 3: And then yep, that all came from this guy too.
Speaker 4: A series of novels, all of which had some pretty heavy handed populist themes. Caesar's Column is a science fiction story set in the far future of nineteen eighty eight. It's about a working class overthrow of a brutal capitalist oligarchy. It's probably Donnelly's best known work besides Atlantis, and he predicted it would be the Uncle Tom's Cabin of the Populist Revolution, but the revolution never came. And then there's Doctor Huguet, which, oh boy, that's a piece of work.
Speaker 6: It's basically racist freaky Friday.
Speaker 4: So the plot is a rich white Southerner switches bodies with a poor black Southerner.
Speaker 6: So the message is good.
Speaker 4: The message is, oh, well, you know, why can't we all just get along? But of course, being written in the eighteen nineties, it's horrifically tasteless might be the most generous way to describe it now. Starting in eighteen ninety two, the populist movement started gaining some serious steam in the United States for the first time, and Donnelly jumped at the chance to be a part of it. He campaigned for the populist presidential candidate that year, James Weaver. Weaver did well shockingly well for a third party candidate, snagging four Western states, but unsurprisingly did not take the White House. Soon after, Donnelly's wife of thirty years passed away, and he found comfort in the arms was twenty one year old secretary.
Speaker 3: As as you would do that, Okay.
Speaker 4: In nineteen hundred, the populists ran him on the vice presidential ticket. That July fourth, he gave a speech in Iowa to commemorate Independence Day. He was bumbling and slurring his words. He couldn't string sentences together or finish thoughts. The audience barely hear, much less understanding. Six months later he was dead.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, as far as our guy goes here, he wrote down this book. Okay, this is this book that pretty much has spawned into everything that has become what we now think of the pop cultural references of Atlantis. Okay, we're not talking about Plato or any of that at this time. We're talking about the modern adaptation of pretty much anything that you could think of about Atlantis having these rings or the way it would look. This guy pretty much wrote in a book, and yes, where it comes from from.
Speaker 2: Uh, I actually didn't know that. So how is it Lantis racist as a result of this? Is it because of this guy? Well, because you can, I don't know if you can. I don't know if you can say that Atlantis would be fully racist if it was by this guy, because it was mentioned way before this guy.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, yes, yes, but for some reason, this guy is the source that everybody goes to. This is the guy who's called the father of modern Atlantean hunters and all of that.
Speaker 2: There are like other people that also talk about it too, Like even within the Secret Teachings for All Ages by Manley P. Hall, he mentions Atlantis in there. There's like a whole chapter on Atlantis. Now, that was a book that was written in what like the sixties or seventies or something like that, so a.
Speaker 3: Little after days that by like eighty years right, right, So that's why you have to go look at the oldest sources, because the nineteen sixty that whole Manley P. Hall thing, there is a the nw Avian nation of Mores also wrote their literature about the you know, thirty three trillion years ago on the moon and all these things. In the sixties they wrote that. So it's like, and then you look at where they're all getting their shit from. Was all derived from HP. Lovecraft, and it's a whole thing. It's a whole thing. But this book itself written in the eighteen eighties. Like, dude, no one was talking about Atlantis in the eighteen hundreds, I mean, but apparently there were, Jonathan, because he You're right, he was not the first person to bring it up, and as a matter of fact, he wasn't even the first person of that millennia to do so. So let's go ahead and talk about our boy, Charles. It's Tim Brescier de Borborg.
Speaker 2: It'sien.
Speaker 3: I butchered that that pronunciation.
Speaker 2: Charles Etienne Brasseur de Borgborg.
Speaker 3: So your boy right here. Uh, let's go ahead and read a little bit about him. Let's also keep in mind he is a Catholic priest.
Speaker 2: Charles Etienne Brasseur de Borborg. He was born eighteen fourteen died eighteen seventy four. He was a noted French writer, an eth no grapher, a historian, archaeologist, and a Catholic priest. I love how they saved that one for last. He became a specialist in Mesoamerican studies, traveling extensively in the region. His writings, publications, and recovery of historical doc coumens contributed much to knowledge of the region's languages, writing, history, and culture, particularly those of the Maya and Aztec civilizations. However, his speculations concerning relationships between the ancient Maya and the lost continent of Atlantis inspired Ignatius Donnelly and encouraged the pseudoscience of Mayanism.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's dig into this a little bit, right. So Ignacius was going off of what this dude said, but he was making reference that the Maya and the Aztecs were, as a matter of fact, the Atlanteans, if you will, Okay. And he traveled extensively to Central America, and he even decoded language. Let's read here travels and expeditions.
Speaker 2: From eighteen forty eight to eighteen sixty three, he traveled extensively as a missionary in many parts of Mexico and Central America. During these journeys, he gave great attention to meso American antiquities and became well versed in the then current theories and knowledge about the history of the region and the pre Columbian civilizations whose sites and monuments remained yet were little understood. Using information he had collected during his time spent traveling there, as well as that compiled by other scholars at the time, he published during eighteen fifty seven eighteen fifty nine A History of the Aztec Civilization, containing what was then known or speculated from about the speculated about the former kingdom, which had been conquered some three hundred years previously by the Spanish conquistadors in alliance with local enemies of the Aztecs. He also conducted research into the local languages and their trans transliteration into the Latin alphabet. Between eighteen sixty one and eighteen sixty four, he edited and published a collection of documents in the indigenous languages. In sixty four, he was an archaeologist of the French military expedition in Mexico, and his resulting works called Monuments.
Speaker 3: Ah it looks it, will say that all of his works are in French. It looks like English translations.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, if I'm going to try and translate, it looks like ancient Monuments of Mexico. Yes, sounds about right. Was published by the French government in eighteen sixty six.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this guy wasn't just about reading some old scrolls he found, No, dude, he made numerous expeditions to the sites. He was looking at the stone etchings themselves. He is how we even learned how to decipher the language. Okay. Now, granted, it's not like he found a Rosetta stone. And later we found more evidence to say that not everything that he wrote down was one hundred percent correctly translated, but he got damn close with like little to no information just on his own, which is pretty fucking incredible, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's pretty cool feat to go out and be that guy that discovers a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh dude. In the eighteen hundreds, this is pre to during the American Civil War, homeboy was looking at iron temples. That's fucking sick.
Speaker 2: That's pre car in pre plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, he was taking boat rides to and from numerous times from France to Central America to do these expeditions. Like Homie wasn't just talking about it, he was walking, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean big time. So the speculations concerning Atlantis, you want to read that.
Speaker 3: One absolutely Brassuur, is.
Speaker 2: That how the French would say it? Possibly maybe we we you should say. Anyway, he began he began to write about Atlantis, and his publication called U grimer de la longe Kish.
Speaker 3: Long Story, Short Grammar and Language of that area of eighteen sixty two.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he wrote this thing in eighteen sixty two, in which he expressed his belief that the lost land described by Plato. Plato had existed with an advanced degree of civilization before the beginning of civilizations in Europe and Asia. He suggested that the origins of European and Persian words could be traced to indigenous languages of the Americas, and that the ancient cultures of the New and Old worlds had been in constant communication with one another. In eighteen sixty six, in that book The Ancient Monuments of Mexico. It was published with a text by Brassour accompanied by lavish illustrations by Jean Frederic Waldeck. Although Waldeck's depiction of the ruins at Pallan k.
Speaker 3: Palin K, Yeah, I think so were.
Speaker 2: Based on firsthand knowledge, his artistic reconstructions and embellishments implied a close relationship between Maya art and architecture and that of classical antiquity in Greece and Rome. This was subsequently demonstrated to be spurious, but not before Waldeck's art work had inspired speculations that about contact between new and and Old World civilizations, specifically via the Lost Continent of Atlantis. These speculations were reinforced by Brasaur by his own references to Plato's descriptions of the culture and society of Atlantis, which Brassor believed was continued by ancient Maya civilization in his book.
Speaker 3: Four Letters of Mexico.
Speaker 2: There We Go. In this publication, Brossor made extensive parallels between Maya and Egyptian pantheons and cosmologies, implying that they all had a common source on the Lost Continent of Atlantis. He developed these ideas further in his publication Something Something, which represents a History of Atlantis, based on his interpretation of Maya myths. His writings inspired Augustus le Plongion and also Ignacious Donnelly, whose book Atlantis the Anteduluvian World contains numerous references to Bressor's scholarship. However, an academic wrote in eighteen seventy five that not a single contemporary scil accepted Brossaur's theories about Atlantis. The combination of Brossur's interest in spiritualism and these speculations about relations between the ancient Maya and Atlantis provided the basis for Mayanism.
Speaker 3: Now keep in mind, homeboy went on expeditions to it, right, And like I said this, he was a Catholic priest and he was going over here and he was finding these things. I thought that was fascinating. So here's another little article that I read. This one is from Qcurtis dot com Quintus Curtius dot com. I'm sure that means something great. It says fortress of the mind. But this I found to be another good look at where he came from and why he was interested in these things. And it's not like he was out there trying to prove anything superior about the white race. As a matter of fact, he was saying that Native Americans and Mesoamericans were the closest to Atlanta Tea in blood, culture and language. So if anything, he was saying that they were of a higher rung than the white man. But what would be his basis for this right, let's read.
Speaker 2: This looks like a lot of words that I'm going to Butcher, I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm just laying that out right out front. But I'll try my best. We had previously discussed the career and work of Frey Bernardino di Sahagun Argun. Another major pioneer in the study of early Mexican antiquities was the intense French abbey Charles etn Brassor de Borborg. Holy shit, what a name he remains in He remains another name nearly lost to history. But a good case can be made that without his work we would know far less than we do about the culture of old Mexico and Guatemala. Like his role model and idol Chempaalion the anyway, his guy. His imagination was fired at an early age by stories of foreign travel, exotic languages, and decaying civilizations. Growing up near Dunkirk, France, he soon found it too confining for his personality or tastes. He would later say that he chose to study Mesoamerica after reading an article in the Journal des Savants on Palanque culture of Mexico. For a boy without family connections. The only realistic way to travel and live abroad was to join the Catholic clergy, which he did in eighteen forty four. Soon he was off to Quebec, but the brutal winners there quickly cooled his passion for the New World. He preferred to be in Mexico. Who wouldn't hurt? Right, Who fucking wouldn't, dude, And by eighteen forty seven he's got he got his wish, serving in the French litigation in Mexico and later as an ordinary priest in two small towns in Guatemala.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at this stonework, dude.
Speaker 2: It's pretty badass, dude.
Speaker 3: And if you are just listening and you would like to see because I have a good number of visual aids and references on this one, if you would like to see them, Jonathan, tell them where they can go, because I know they're tired of these commercials.
Speaker 2: They can go to Patreon dot com slash cultive Conspiracy podcast or rockfan dot com slash cultive conspiracy. Those are two of the best, actually, the two best ways to be able to support us and to keep this show rolling on literally every day, which shout out to the cosmic Peach and to Josh Monday, our weekend warriors that are holding it down on Saturday and Sunday, so that literally we have a show every single day of the week. There's never going to be another day where you have to go without a Cult of Conspiracy show for the rest of your life. Like it's It's set in stone a lot like this stone figure up here. But if you want to be able to see the video, you want to be able to see all the all the articles that we read and all the pictures that we show. All of our guest faces are beautiful faces as well, and to have every single show that you listen to absolutely commercial free. And also let's not forget about the big one. If you sign up for the Third Eye all the way open to here on page, you will be able to join us every Tuesday night at nine pm Central Time for the Cult Member Live show, which are always a banger. And these people are absolute family members. Shout out to the Cult members who join us every Tuesday night. We hope to expand that family as big as humanly possible because we do believe that there are no cult members here. We are but all humble cult members. So if you want to join the cult and do some deep dive in and you know, just kind of be a part of the show. Come over to Patreon and sign up for the Third Eye all the way.
Speaker 3: Open to here absolutely and listen, y'all. We know, we know the commercials are ridiculous. We get it, okay, And as I've said before, like yo, I don't have some sort of premium account. When I listen to music on Spotify or whatever, I got to click through the commercials too. I get it. I get it. It sucks. But this is how we do. This is how this works. Come check us out on Patreon. It is the best way to support us. It is the easiest and most direct way to message us, at least me anyway, which I'm up to date on so ha. And also really, really and truly look what else you got going on Tuesday night at nine o'clock Central.
Speaker 2: There's a reason why we do it Tuesday nights because that ain't shit going on on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Nights except for that cult member family gathering dude, And it's growing. We love it. Everybody gets their two cents thrown in, everybody talks a little shit. We have a blast, we really do, and Honestly, this is how we want to be able to reach out and let our listeners, our cult members, whatever you want to call it. We know y'all are family. Okay, we want y'all's voices to be heard too, So come on that life. You can unmute yourself. You have a random theory you heard about and you want to kind of shoot the shit about for a minute with us, with the other cult members. Come on with it, bro, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have the absolute chance to be that man in the chair. So if you want to be the man in the chair like ned to Spider Man, I mean, you want to go all the way in, we're all kind of ned to the Spider Man. That is the conspiracy web of everything. So see how I did that, the conspiracy web Spider Man. It's beautiful how it just flows. But anyway, yeah, it's a great way to be able to support the show, and we appreciate all of you that already have so anyway, so let's get back over to this article you want me to start with. Even yeah, even with little money, he was able to indulge his intellectual passions. He chanced upon a keish is it keish i don't know looks like Keish anyway, He chanced upon a Keish Spanish dictionary during one of his travels, and in the library of the College of San Gregorio in Mexico, he was able to locate a previously lost Najutul manuscript, which is now known as the Chima La pulp Baha.
Speaker 3: Chimal Pulpoca Codex.
Speaker 2: There you go. By this time he was fluent in the Mayan language and was able to translate the Mayan sacred scriptures into French. He was also later He would also later discover another precious manuscript known as the Memorial de Solola, a lost work written in the fuck me these words cacchiquel cacchicol language by Francisco Hernandez Arana Jajila in fifteen seventy one. And these were all significant discoveries, any of which might have earned him lasting fame in the annals of Mexican antiquities, but Brassour would press on. One of his most impressive feats was to finance personally an actual performance of an old Mayan stage play when he heard that the Mayans of the town of Rabinal Rabbinol had still preserved the knowledge of how to stage one of their traditional dramas. He found a way to finance the construction of the original costumes and set designs, and he then had the natives perform the drama. He would later say, after mass, the natives built a stage under the arches of the churchyard, which very soon was filled with quite a multitude. A chair was prepared for me on the platform to watch the performance.
Speaker 3: He was French. That would have been like f zims Zanita's bitestisi and uches as a chit hut. I'm just saying I thought about that as you were saying, like, yeah, that was a good British I was like, oh wait, yeah, our boy Baubois is fucking French.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's hard. I can't do a French get it.
Speaker 3: My French accent is shit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not actually from Louisiana. I just lived there for a long time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, kajun French is not French. That's more like French. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's that lady, some French Fries. Yeah, but with but without doubt. His greatest discovery was to unearth in eighteen sixty two one of the lost keys of Mexican ethno ethnography Frey Diego DeLanda's monumental.
Speaker 3: Big Word Big Words meaning it's a huge work of art about the Yucatan Peninsula.
Speaker 2: Relation de las Cosas de Yucatan his wellgo. This work, a fascinating collection of first hand observations in researches by one of the more controversial figures of early New Spain. Was only an abridge version of the original, but there was still enough to make the discovery a revolutionary advance in the study of Mayan hieroglyphs. Very little was known about the Mayan glyphs at the time. In the book at least gave basic information about the Mayan calendar, holidays, religion, and other cultural matters. It was not a Rosetta stone, but it was at least a place from which work could begin.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, legit, your boy was on it.
Speaker 2: I mean he wasn't full of shit. He was absolutely like a you know, a fucking discoverer of shit.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and all right, we only got like three on progress. Now I'll explained not all of his claims are correct, but we'll get there.
Speaker 2: Like any great pioneer moving through lands where none have trod before, he made a fair share of errors, letting his imagination get the better of him. The credulous Abby de Borg di Borborg connections between the Mayans and ancient Egyptians where none existed. But these flights of fancy were forgivable mistakes, and a man passionately devoted to his subject, he would redeem himself. In eighteen sixty six, however, when he discovered a precious Mayan codex now known as the Troano Codex while on a visit to Madrid. He had heard about a Mesoamerican artifact that had been purchased by a professor named Juan de trou E or Tolano, these people with long names. Examining it, he realized that at once that it was almost unique. Only three Mayan codises have survived. But Debrassor was not able to read the codex. He entirely mistook its contents, seeing it seeing in it gods and a record of natural phenomena that were not there. But here at least is an appreciation for the culture and a willingness to begin the laborious task of unlocking its secrets. R's record is, on balance, entirely positive. He devoted his life to the interests that were that was passionately devoted to, or that he was passionately devoted to and never lost sight of what he believed his life's his life's purpose was. He was willing to endure poverty, hardship, and ridicule to bring an entirely unknown pass to light. If he occasionally stumbled over his own excitement, we must smile favorably and see these sins as the forgivable consequences of isolation and the lack of predecessors in this field. His work would stand as a signpost pointing the way for the generations of linguists and ethnographers that would come after him. Sometimes imagination and imagination, enthusiasm, and a daring count for a great deal in scholarship.
Speaker 3: Absolutely agree. Now, I'm gonna be completely honest with you, dude. I believe personally that our boy Charles, your boy Chuck, should be actually named in history as the father of modern Atlantean hunting. And by modern I mean like of our common era modern quote unquote, because according to the sources, Atlantis was nine thousand actually accounting for the two ad here over ten thousand years ago. So as far as that goes, this guy, as far as our modern era is concerned, should actually be the father of it. Not to mention he was a priest, so they did in fact call him father. But that's neither here nor there. Well, and I.
Speaker 2: Will say this too, as far as Atlantis goes, I understand there's a lot of speculation, there's a lot of stories that are connected with it. But dude, I mean, we did an episode on the Reshot structure or rich Ad or Reshot or whatever that's out in Africa, and it is exactly the way that played to described it. So that leads you to wonder, It's like, if that actually is Atlantis, how did he? First of all, how did he have knowledge of something that looks exactly like that? I mean, I guess the dead clock is right twice a day, but eventually like that's that's like slim to none chances at describing something that nobody's ever seen before, at least nobody I mean from North America.
Speaker 3: You mean, oh, novo hold Charles wasn't describing the rings like that. He found these ancient Mayan temples and Aztec temples, He saw the pyramids, he was able to read the hieroglyphs. He saw the Egyptians are using hieroglyphs. These people use hieroglyphs, are both doing pyramids, they both do sacrifices. So he found in his own way connections to Egypt to Mesoamerica. Therefore, he determined that Atlantis was either connection or at least a spawned point that both of those cultures derived from. And I mean he was the first of our modern era to boast that claim. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, dude. So people's all throughout human history there's been so much documentation of sacrifice. Right now, I think about this all the time, like the idea of sacrifice, Like how exactly does that work? You know what I'm saying, Like, I get it. You kill somebody, you say that it's a fir a sacrifice for God, But how does it actually work? Like in the metaphysical realm? You know, scientifically, I know, and maybe it's not a scientific thing, but like.
Speaker 3: That's the thing you're put in science where it doesn't go br right.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, like it must have worked or else why would people carry on the tradition of doing it? Not that you know sacrifice is a tradition, but people have carried it on through their traditions.
Speaker 3: You know, I believe that if you knock on the door, so to speak, something is trying to answer. I've said that before. It seem like a Wuiji board, like obviously they work, otherwise people wouldn't still play with them. And it's like, well, as far as that goes on the side of good and evil, one side is clamoring to get to you and the other side is waiting for you to approach them. So it makes sense to me whenever you would do a thing, an incantation, a spell, a sacrifice, a ritual, and something in the physical world happens for you, that makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: It's just weird to think about, you know what I'm saying, Like how no, I know, No, I'm not saying that it doesn't work, Like yeah, I mean, I dude, I play with my tarot cards every day. I know that there's something extra going on. But like, you know, it's just weird to think sacrifice, like who who would have ever put two and two together that you killed this man and all of a sudden you got these riches. You know what I'm saying, like the first ever sacrifice that they finally were like, oh shit, this is some magic. You know what I'm saying, Well.
Speaker 3: It depends on your source. Some people say that these people figured it out because they were just that attuned to the land and somehow they discovered that you sacrifice something's life and you get something in response to it. There are some that say that they were being taught this from the other side, right, and that's where a lot of this comes from, this ancient information, this this lost knowledge of how did they know this? And that there are so many people that say that that came from Atlantis. Essentially it was Atlantis is from the gods that came down and it was this and it just hold on, you know what I mean, Like, let's look at the actual historical precedence to what Atlantis was supposed to be. So as I'm saying this now, like I said, Charles, your boy was a stud as far as this was concerned. Again, he didn't rant and rave about Atlantis his entire career. He was interested in Mesoamerica. However, he was the first of this generational you know what I'm saying, of these last two thousand years, at least to say that there was a connection or at least mention Atlantis in an actual accepted study. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was no like genius. I mean they said that his imagination was kind of getting in the way there, which I mean, to be honest, dude, if you're out here discovering what could be like, you need an imagination for that. You know what I'm saying. I mean, what's gonna drive you to keep on searching.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind, he's also the first person ever to claim that a polar shift is what happened to wipe them out. And yes, a polar shift, meaning on a round globe model. Again, you can agree I disagree with that, but at least your boy Charles thought it was around in the eighteen hundreds. So people saying the certain books from the eighteen hundreds don't say that it's emphatically wrong. You can go further back and make that claim that's possible. Well, I'm eye eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: I mean, technically a polar shift would still work on a flat earth. It's just that there's only one pole, being the north.
Speaker 3: So then how would it shift from being north to north?
Speaker 2: I mean, no, I'm not saying that they're gonna swap but a pole, Dude, the pole is constantly the pole is constantly moving anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's it's kind of we weebling and wobbling a little bit. There's a little bit of a polar ship like an axis shift there. But he's talking about like we got hit by a comet and it actually they shifted the poles.
Speaker 2: Oh so the south pole became the North pole.
Speaker 3: Well maybe maybe it was a quarter turn, and our earth is spinning in a direction that it wasn't always supposed to. Like there's who knows, who knows. My point is he is the first person to make a claim that that type of situation happened, and he on a round earth model. He's also the one that claimed that that that's the thing that took out Atlantis, along with the lost continent of Mew, which maybe you've heard of, were separated and sank from continental shifting. Again, plate tectonics were understood from a broad spectrum in the eighteen hundreds. But he thought that Native Americans had the closest connection to Atlantis in blood, language and culture. But again, there are certain things that he got wrong. Okay, he referenced that the quote unquote white gods that came from the sea that Cortes's men wrote about, and all of that, he saw some sort of evidence to back that claim. Even though that very very recently, like within the last couple of years, that whole story has been proven completely false. Nowhere in any of their literature do they have a story of two gods with white skin coming in from the sea that they should shower them with give and all these lavish goods. And that's the treatment that Cortez and his men received that has been proven completely incorrect. Are we talking I think Cortetes and his men were shot at when they first arrived.
Speaker 2: Are we talking arians here?
Speaker 3: We're going there, Okay, we're going there.
Speaker 2: So, because this is supposedly the story around why Hitler came up with the idea of the white master race.
Speaker 3: We got a little bit of ways to go before we get to the Nazis. But as of now, we're talking about boy Charles in the eighteen hundreds, right, and he is not he was not a racist. I can find no evidence to show that any of his thoughts, as far as Atlantis is concerned, took away from the culture of the Mayans. If anything, he was saying that the Mayans had to be the ones that built all this shit. But he also said that that meant that they had to have come from Atlantean descent. So there's a thing to say that maybe that means they were incapable on their own without Atlantean descent. Meanwhile, he was saying, these dudes clearly did this, so that one's kind of a weird wash as far as that's concerned. But your boy Charles was not trying to rant and rave about the superiority of the white race, that is for sure.
Speaker 2: So what we're saying is here is that the idea of Atlantis may and I know I'm not coming to a conclusion yet, but the idea would be that it eventually, the story of Atlantis eventually evolved to turn into a racist thing.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get there. We're gonna get there, brother, don't you worry. The Aryan race gets brought up, and that's not the Aryan race that you're thinking of with the skinheads and the Nazis the true Aryan race Aliens that no, No, the the race of human beings that lived in Europe at one point in time.
Speaker 2: Oh, there there is allegedly an alien Aryan race where this is the whole story of Hitler and they came from the North and all this shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's gonna come up later, But it's the alien connection to the Aryans is not here. I'm gonna say that as well. At this. For most of this people thought that Atlantis was like a lost continent of Mew that when the plate tectonic shift happened and Pangaea became the continents, Mew was somewhere between Europe and North America and fell into Marianna's trench. Okay, So it's not like these people were thinking of this as another portal, another dimension. Space Creatures like your boy Charles didn't think that Atlantis was flying saucer people by any stretch of the imagination. He thought it was a lost civilization of humans that lived on Earth.
Speaker 2: Well, to be fair, he wouldn't have ever came to that conclusion anyway, because there was flying nothing back in the eighteen hundreds exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: So it's not like he saw UFO side and that led him to believe dot dot dot nothing of the sort. He was on the ground looking at the hieroglyphs and trying to decipher them, and again he made some fallacies, He did some things incorrect. Keep in mind, he was going off of literally nothing to work off of, and now through more modern archaeology and more studies and more ancient things that have been found and work through, we know that he actually got a lot of it right, like an insane amount of his interpretations and translations were correct. There were a few fallacies that were in the mix, but again some of those we were taught in school. If you watch the movie Road to El Dorado, the whole white gods on the boat thing gets brought up again that has only recently been found to be incorrect. So I mean, it's not like we can really blame him for what he was finding.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean he was dude. He was riding fucking horseback in the eighteen hundreds and hot as balls Mexico. To come up with anything is pretty incredible.
Speaker 3: And can you keep in mind, now mid eighteen hundreds, slavery was still happening, the Civil War was about to be fought. Well, actually probably was being fault when he was on these expeditions. But beside the point for a Catholic priest to say that the Natives had a higher rung of blood than the white man. Did. You gotta understand that was not a hot take. That was that was not something that people wanted to hear about at that time. But that was his true belief that the Miyans and the Aztecs and the Native Americans all had it Atlantean blood and culture and language and history. So it's pretty fascinating. He was very countercultural. But you know, as we were talking about him, another name got mentioned earlier, and he also was a believer in Atlantis before Donnelly, you've mentioned him a minute ago. August Les Plegion. Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen again at this time, and we're gonna learn about our boy, Augustus la Pregeon Laplanngeon plunge your.
Speaker 2: Boy, Augustus Augustus le Plngon.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he was around from eighteen twenty five to nineteen oh eight, so a little bit well, damn, he lived a pretty long life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was a British American anti antiquarian and photographer who studied the pre Columbian ruins of America, particularly those of the Maya civilization of the northern Ukatampa Peninsula. While his writings contained many notions that there were not well received. They were not well received Wikipedia dude, spell check your shit, dude, anyway that they were not well received by his contemporaries and were later disproven. Laplungian left a lasting legacy in his photographs documenting the ancient ruins. He was one of the earliest proponents of Mayanism.
Speaker 3: Okay, which I mean that's dope, don't get me wrong. Him and his wife were photographers and they traveled to these sites to take pictures of everything. But it wasn't just because they were like out with their camera. They were taking like actual documentation, right, So, like you remember that picture and this wasn't them, but like to give you an idea, do you remember that famous picture of King Tut's tomb with the seal and the ropes and the clay like it was unopened and they took that picture like it was before the team went in. Yeah, that's the type of photography that this guy and his wife did. So they traveled all over the world to these dig sites, to these historical archaeological things, and like they were documenting this. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was a photographer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, Let's go ahead into the theories.
Speaker 2: By the eighteen eighties, while most mayanists accepted that the Mayan civilization postdated ancient Egypt, Laplungen stood by his theories. He cited his years of field work and studies of archival sources and challenged those he considered armchair archaeologists to debate the issues. However, as evidence mounted against cultural diffusion, Laplungeon became marginalized and his theories fell further outside the growing mainstream of Maya archaeology. Laplungian insisted that the symbols of freemasonry could be traced to the ancient Maya and that the ancient knowledge had come to ancient Egypt from the ancient Maya by way of Atlantis. He and Alice is at his wife. Yeah, He and Alice constructed an imaginative quote unquote history, with the Maya sites in Yucatan being the cradle of civilization, with civilization then traveling east, first to Atlantis and later to ancient Egypt. The Laplungians named kings and queens of these dynasties and said that various artworks were portraits of such ancient royalty, such as the famous Chok Mule, which the couple excavated at chichen Itza. The Laplungeons reconstructed a detailed but fanciful story of Queen MoU and Prince co Co, in which Prince Co's death resulted in the erection of monuments in his honor.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So let's go to later career and legacy real quick. But you see that they brought up hyprid diffusion as well before Donnelly. Okay, So technically speaking, the first person that I think was talking about hyprid diffusion should be the one who say to the father of modern Atlantean hunting. Again, I believe it's your boy father, Charles. But anyway, later career and legacy of your boy Laplung Young.
Speaker 2: What does what does hyperdiffusion mean?
Speaker 3: Basically saying that the culture goes and it travels like from a cradle of civilization point same way, the Phoenician language made its way around the Mediterranean, and everybody took it and adapted it to their own way, but it all came from a route. That theory was first introduced by your boy father Charles as far as the Atlantean Egyptian hieroglyph thing, whatsoever gotcha.
Speaker 2: While most of Laplungen's contemporaries dismissed his theories, individuals such as Ignacious Loyola Loyola Donnelly, and Helena Blovotsky drew upon Laplungen's research for their own theories. Augustus spent the remainder of his life in Brooklyn, New York, writing about the connections between Maya and Egypt and defending himself against detractors. Augustus Laplungen died in brook When nineteen oh eight, at the age of eighty three. Alice followed in nineteen ten, at the age of fifty nine. Damn, so he was a little bit older.
Speaker 3: In her a lot a little bit jeeu.
Speaker 2: Like thirty fucking years. A collection of the works of the Laplungins currently resides at the Getty Research Institute in la The archive contains original records covering their travels from the eighteen sixties through the nineteen hundreds, including diaries, unpublished scholarly manuscripts and notes and correspondence, and extensive photographic documentation of ancient archeture architecture and sculpture, city views, and ethnographic studies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt. There was one more thing I wanted to bring up, because he was a member of a certain group, a certain society, the American Antiquarian Society. God wish you could find it. Basically, it's an entire group of academics who, while they may be in the realm of pseudoscience, they are the ones who questioned it, and they've been around for a long time. It's seen as a who's who of the intellectual world, and it dated back to then. He as a photographer, was welcomed into that society. But because his views and his connections to Egypt and ancient Mayan lands was what he was willing to die on that hill of pretty much nobody would talk shit to his face. But the day he died, I think, actually the same day is when the first articles basically saying that he was a crackpot like started rolling. And it actually was really bad. The body wasn't even fucking cold when they were like ready to start shitting all over this dude. He It was unjustly done in my opinion. But anyway, this other article about him on Encyclopedia dot com, and it does a little bit better explanation about the criticisms and all the things about it.
Speaker 2: Okay so. Amateur archaeologist and photographer Augustus le Plunging and his wife Alice spent close to twelve years investigating Yucatan sites such as Chichenitza and UKs Mal i guess Uxml, Arriving in eighteen seventy three. They lived continuously at Yukatan until eighteen eighty five, recording monuments and searching for cultural connections between the Maya and ancient Egypt. Although Laplungin invited criticism with his monogenetic theories of the Maya as the cradle of civilization, he was a pioneer in the systematic photographic documentation. More than five hundred photographs provide information about the appearance of structures and objects subsequently damaged, move or destroyed. Taking hundreds of three dimensional photographs, he documented entire structures, such as the Governor's palace at UKs Mal. He also photographed miscellaneous sculptures, including a rare in situ photograph of a phallix sculpture from the Nunnery Quadrangle. I'm always like surprised that I can say words that I'm reading for the very first time. Quadrang Yeah the fuck.
Speaker 3: That was also a phallic symbol at a nunnery. That's interesting, But all right.
Speaker 2: They had to give him something to fantasize about. They couldn't get the real thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I guess they needed a real cracks of quaddle, if you know.
Speaker 2: At Chichanitza, he excavated and made cross section drawings of the platform of Venus and excavated a chalk mole figure from the platform of the Eagles and Jaguars. Although Laplungen's theories were deemed outlandish by contemporaries Alfred Maudsley and Tobert Mahler and were nearly forgotten as a result, his methodical approach and dedication to understanding Maya culture provides scholars with valuable visual and contextual information. His work also provides insight into the nineteenth century fascination with Mayan culture.
Speaker 3: So, like I said, this dude wasn't a big Atlantis guy, but he did in fact believe that the continent of Mew and Atlantis were the same place. And it's not like there's you know, documented on document of things that he said. But he is another source that did go down in history as talking about Atlantis prior to Ignacius Donnelly in the eighteen fifties, even though Ignatius Donnelly is the one that everyone references and is the father of it all. So just gonna make that little disclaimer.
Speaker 2: Well, and also, like sources back then now they said, what was the the one book that they referenced about the Cabin in the Woods or whatever? The fuck? Yeah, that that basically kind of took the nation by storm, and the whole idea was that everybody would revolt over the story of Atlantis. So maybe it was trying to promote like some kind of reality in which things would change because the people would see what's possible as a result of like if Atlantis actually existed. And so this guy may have been just trying to write on the codetails. You got to think about it, like these people, you know, at least I don't know about now, but like back in the day, do most of the people were not being very well funded, you know what I'm saying, Like a lot of this research, if you didn't find something like you're not making any money, you know, and so maybe along the ways you you bring about stories of oh, you know what this is, this place's old at shit, and if Atlantis existed, it would have existed right here because Atlanta's oldest shit, This place's oldest shit, These people are old at shit, and maybe they just all connect and so that could have been the idea behind the imagination of Atlantis being in the Mayan culture and stuff like that. See, I have never really looked into connecting the Mayan culture and Aztec culture with Atlantis before, but this is my first time hearing about it.
Speaker 3: In connection, dude, Graham Carlson and a lot of people make these connections pretty much. You've seen the thing what I said.
Speaker 2: Graham Carlson, you got Randall Carlson and grand Hamcock.
Speaker 3: Too bad, bad, bad, my bad. That was that was a funny slip of the tongue. But that was all. That was pretty good. But there's tons, tons of content creators, ourselves included, who have talked about how there's connections between these lands that have pyramids, how there's certain connections with the gods that they worshiped, certain features, certain traits, all these things. And I mean, that's what we do we question these narratives. We are not experts in any of these fields, but like we bring the information to the people. That's what we do, right, So that's what led me down this crazy rabbit hole. So I gotta say, I'm trying to figure out when it became racist. Right, Keep in mind, everybody that we've mentioned thus far, we got Plato and anybody of the Hellenistic references, which anybody from Rome that was mentioning anything about Atlantis was referencing Plato or Hellenistic reference. Okay, so it kind of goes quiet for a while. The Middle Ages, we don't really hear a lot about Atlantis if it's mentioned at all. Again, it's referencing someone else's work about a work about the Hellenistic period. So it's like, either way you slice it all goes back to all roads lead to Rome, all roads lead to Plato as far as Atlantis is concerned. Until these two dudes in the eighteen and nineteen hundreds. Now, neither of those dudes were racists. Well, I mean, no more or less racist than your average person in the day and age. I mean, I don't know, I'm I'm sure they used the N word to refer to certain groups of people, like I don't think you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, traveling a lot, you probably don't have slaves.
Speaker 3: I this was after slavery had been abolished. No, So I'm just saying, I don't believe that either of the two gentlemen that we have been talking about this far up until ignacious Donnelly, they weren't racist, dude. They were the first to talk about hyperdiffusion. But how did Atlantis become such a big dog whistle for the racism? When did this happen? Bro? And I mean, as I'm learning about Ignatius Donnelly. Okay, so he was a politician and he uh kind of fell into depression and wrote a book. So what when did this become a racist thing? So I decided to do a little looking into the book real quick, right, And because like, how is the same book referenced by the Aryan white supremacist group and the Nueviian nation of Mores. That makes no fucking sense to me. But then as I say that both groups also reference other texts that are similar, they both reference the Bible in other ways. You see what I'm saying. So it's like, Okay, I guess when it's done a certain way, people can read that to take it what it means. But I'm gonna be honest, when you look at the book itself, it's racist as fuck. Like, it's not even a little bit of a joke here, Your boy ignacious had some things to say about some things, So you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and play this little vigia right here.
Speaker 2: Well, And to be honest, like, just because certain people associate themselves with something doesn't necessarily mean inherently that that subject is then a racist thing, because there are plenty of people who are, Like, just to take a today's example, like, just because there may be and there probably is, racists that are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers does not inherently make the Pittsburgh Steelers a racist organization.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no. But when certain individuals, all right, that's a I can't use that comparison for this. So saying that Atlantis was a thing isn't racist. But if you're using the sources to back the claim that Atlantis was real to also back your claim of racial superiority, then it's it gets it's taken a good thing and twisting it.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, yeah, I see the racism, dude. It's it's really something that just spreads all over the place for no fucking real reason. Like it's just people that are shitheads, and I mean, unfortunately, it's kind of connected to literally everything in history.
Speaker 3: Yo agreed, one hundred percent, but with ignacious he was a pro freedom. He even helped found the movement the Freeman's Bureau to help newly freed slaves, and like he was a big not prohibitionists. Excuse me, Uh shit, I forgot what the word is. Basically, he was all for free in the slaves and the equality of all men. So then whenever you read this book towards the end of his life, once he had been corrupted by DC, once he had been ostracized and kicked out and all that, this is when things started to take a little bit of a turn. And again saying the word atlantis is not a dog whistle for clans men, or it shouldn't be anyway, but this is where that comes from. So I'm gonna play a little video right now. It's called Nobody Listens to Andrew. It's actually pretty funny. I'm just gonna play a few minutes of it. But this is where things take the solid left turn, and why everybody who's referencing this dude in this book might need to not but we will. Let's hear it from the literature itself.
Speaker 7: The idea was, what are the kind of sinister undertones of this intellectual ancestry of ancient Aliens and Atlantis and things like that. So I was focusing on the more racist ones, and I think everybody acknowledges the ignatious. Donnelly is the quote unquote, you know, father of modern Atlantis theory. You can strip away some of the particulars in his book and you could publish it today and it would not look that different from a lot of what we are hearing out there in terms of, you know, these things all look alike. They have to have a common descent and ancestry. Here's geographically what Atlantis was like. Here's kind of what we think about the technology all that stuff was in there in eighteen eighty two. His kind of philosophical underpinnings and writing this book are absolutely racist to the core. We find a good quote from Donnelly here, page one thirty three. Let's see, I cannot believe that the great inventions were duplicated spontaneously, as some would have us believe in different countries. There is no truth in the theory that men pressed by necessity will always hit upon the same invention to relieve their wants. If this were so, all savages would have invented the boomerang, All savages would possess pottery, bows and arrows, slings, tents, and canoes. In short, all races would have risen to civilization. For certainly, the comforts of life are as agreeable to one people as another. And here we go. Civilization is not communicable to all. Many savage tribes are incapable of it. There are two great divisions of mankind, the civilized and the savage. And as we shall show, every civilized race in the world has had something of civilization from the earliest ages. And as all roads lead to Rome, so all the converging lines of civilization lead to Atlantis. The abyss between the civilized man and the savage is simply incalculable. It represents not alone a difference in arts and methods of life, but in the mental constitution, the instincts and the predisposition of the soul. Ladies and gentlemen. That is as racist as it gets. As racist as it gets, the abyss between the civilized man and the savage is simply incalculable. He's saying there is a fundamental split in humanity. Some people are capable of civilization and some are not. Therefore, if there is evidence of a civilization, then that means those people were civilized, and that means that they must be connected to other civilized people. So when you go around the world and you look at ruins of past civilizations, he makes the logical leap that the people living there now, if they were capable of civilization, they would have it. But since they're not capable of civilization, they don't have it, and therefore the civilizations that are there do not belong to them. They must belong to some other ancestry. That is an absolutely racist idea. That is absolutely fundamental to Donallly's argument that Atlantis must have existed, and here is the evidence for it, and here is why we can interpret that evidence that way. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't matter who came before him. It doesn't matter whether Augustus Laplang won't ever said anything like that, this is what Donnelly said, and this is what I was talking about, and like there it is explain to me how that is not racist. And if you just look at the arguments for Atlantis today, you will see a lot of this same kind of logic in it period as well as in the arguments for ancient aliens. So you can, you can be an apologist for these guys all you want, but that's racist. And if you're looking for this stuff and you're using this formula to do it, you need to understand that that's where it comes from. And actually, what has kind of submerged in Donnelly's ideas about what the evidence for Atlantis should look like and why is the idea of hyper diffusionism, which Nann in his video says that I don't remember what he said. I got that terribly wrong or whatever. It's not that old of an ideas in the nineteen sixties. If you look it up, I'll look it up for you. Hyperdefusionism is a pseudo archaeological hypothesis that postulates that certain historical technologies or ideas were developed by a single people or civilization, then spread to other cultures and here The first picture they have up is Grafton Elliott Smith's map of hyper diffusion from Egypt nineteen twenty nine. Now, last time I checked my calendar, nineteen twenty nine is actually significant before the nineteen sixties. But I think that you can push this idea farther back. It may not have been called called hyper diffusionism until nineteen twenty nine or later, but that's the idea, and it's been around for a long time, and it's pretty much fundamentally embedded in Ignacious don Ley's take on Atlantis and how we would recognize it and why we would expect things to be the way they are, and of course has a through line through a lot of the racist archaeology and anthropology of the Nazis and so on right up into today and to today's ancient aliens and ancient law civilization stuff.
Speaker 3: So that's all we need to play from him. I have a battle took the turn.
Speaker 2: I have a rebuttal against that. I'm sorry, but I personally don't believe that what he said there is inherently a racist thing.
Speaker 3: Now maybe I'm just absolute rast, dude.
Speaker 2: I actually believe that calling it racist would be racist in and of itself. Now, stick with me here for a second. You're talking about savages aka savages and aka civilized people. He didn't specify a certain color first off, and to automatically assume that what he's talking about, as far as civilized people only being white, that the savages had to be of a different color, assuming that there was never a possibility of a white savage in history, that rate there in and of itself, in my opinion, makes the person calling it racist racist.
Speaker 3: Know, what he's saying is why isn't there an ancient Rome in Sub Saharan Africa? If there was, then they would have been, But they're not, so they couldn't have been. That's what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Right, But do you get my point of what I'm trying to say?
Speaker 3: Or No, I see what you're saying, but you may need to edit this out.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not editing shut out. I think that that's how is that insuitable? That's my interpretation of it. What I'm saying is is that this guy, he's talking about savages and civilized that's not white and black, that's not Mexican and Chinese like.
Speaker 3: At that day and age that he was writing it that's exactly what that meant. When he said the savages, he meant like Native Americans. Because they were fighting, they called the natives the savages. They called the tribesmen of Africa savages, the Aboriginals of Australia, those were the savages. What he was talking about right now were specifically only those groups, dude.
Speaker 2: So there was never an existence a white savage. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 3: According to the thought process of the mid eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Nah, well, that's ridiculous. There had to have, at some point in time been white savages.
Speaker 3: I agree with this, But they didn't believe that. Oh well, I'm believed. I know.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck what they believe. I'm just saying from if you're looking at it through today's goggles. In today's day and age, whenever you're speaking of savages. Now, nobody calls anybody savages anymore.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Like savage in my opinion is like you know, fucking TJ. Watt. You know what I'm saying, He's a savage on the football field, that's a savage to me.
Speaker 3: But like my Boo Hurt team is the Gonzales savages.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, I don't look at I mean, I get how some people may see that as racist, and maybe he meant it as racist. I don't know. That's not how I would look at it.
Speaker 3: That's the only way it was written or mentioned in the eighteen fifties. Dude, nobody mentioned savages to be just like, oh yeah, that dude's a real fighter. No, they only meant that to mean no.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying, yeah, I don't I'm not trying to sit here and say that like he meant savage in a good way. Obviously, savage is like, you know, people who can't read and people who can't do things and shit like that, Like those are the people that like that you would find possibly still living in the Amazon rainforest or some shit. And even then you wouldn't call him savage. You would just say maybe on civilized. So I mean, my, my, and I don't know. Yeah, I mean, I'm still not going to edit that part out. That was just still my interpretation of it.
Speaker 3: That's fine. I'm just that that's fair enough.
Speaker 2: I just I'm so tired of white people calling other white people racist. Like I know that there's a time and a place for it, But dude, it's gotten so fucking watered down like everything in history, and you got all these people. There's a term for it nowadays.
Speaker 3: That keep in mind, dude, mid eighteen hundreds, the Civil War had just been fought, like the slaves had just gotten freed. You got to keep in mind the day and age of which this was being written.
Speaker 2: Were the slaves considered savages?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Were they?
Speaker 3: That's why Jim Crow laws became a thing? How about that?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, hey, dude, I don't know history, like everybody else said.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, that's when that's when the Ku Klux Klan started doing things just to keep black people scared in the South so that they wouldn't rise up against the people that had been beating them for centuries.
Speaker 2: So white slaves were also considered savages as well.
Speaker 3: I mean, how far back you thinking as far as white slaves.
Speaker 2: Go, I mean white slaves.
Speaker 3: So the Romans, the Germanic tribe, were savages. Yes, they were also white, but they were savage tribes to the north. You see my point here, Yes, but that's also my point. They're saying that ancient Rome was a civilized people, so they would have been a descendant of Atlantis. The Germanic tribes couldn't have been because they were savages living in these hovels in the woods and stuff. There were certain people that could be capable of it, and certain people that couldn't be capable of it. But Germany in particular gets brought up here in a minute as having a spark of that as well. That meant a lot more as a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, I mean, hey, I guess we can just chalk it up to me not knowing shit, but that was anyway, Well, I mean, how are you gonna know if you don't find out, you know what I'm saying. You gotta have some conversation like that.
Speaker 3: But that's why it became such a derogatory term, right, Like that's why look at Pocahontas. The whole movie. They kept calling your boy Radcliffe, kept calling all of the native savages and all these things, you know, like that that's been a derogatory term for tribal people from white civilized people towards them.
Speaker 2: I see, I see.
Speaker 3: And so that is where and again, when I first looked at the book that Ignacius wrote, I didn't think it was right. Again, I hadn't read it. I was just kind of looking on surface level. People reference it all the time and they pull these excerpts from it. So I'm thinking, like, this book's gotta be some kind of source material, like he maybe went on a dig somewhere, maybe he you know, found some information. No, none of that whatsoever. He completely just sat down and wrote this one day, the same way he wrote that Sir Francis Bacon was the author of Shakespeare. By the way, all of it comes from him. I can't find a single source to back that claim prior to him writing that book, and we did an episode on it and we even referenced him.
Speaker 2: I get it. I mean, I guess I don't know. My point is is that I just, dude, honestly, sometimes I just I can't stand certain people who are like the the they're the first people to call something racist, and it's like a fucking call out to everybody who is not white, saying, look at me, I just called my own people a racist. I am now not one. I'm now one of you. And it's like it's one of those things that just fucking bugs me because the racist term gets thrown around so easy nowadays that it completely waters everything down that actually is racist.
Speaker 3: That's my point, right, And that's what I'm saying, Like saying Atlantis may have been real, that's not a racist statement. Okay, believing in Atlantis is not doesn't make you racist or even believe in racist ideologies. Like people before this shithead, we're talking about Atlantis. Plato was talking about it too, and we're gonna get there. But my point is it got turned, it got shifted, and this is where it began. Okay, So this is where the racist side of things kind of kicked off with it, and then the Nazis again, this was in the eighteen eighties that your boy Ignatius wrote that the Nazis weren't too many decades after that his book was still getting read, and don't forget he also wrote Ragnarok, a Story of Gravel and Fire, where it was the sequel, if you will, to the story of Atlantis. So there was there's a whole play on this, and unfortunately that next book was even more racially motivated than the first. The first one you could take excerpts from and like you could do this, but there's this other one, Chariots of the gods. That book also references the story of Gravel and Fire, this book about Ragnarok and it's final apocalypse, and that's his book. So it's again, the snippets that are being excerpt are not racially motivated at all. I don't believe the Graham Hancock is a racist. I don't believe he's ever said something inherently racist in his life. I don't believe that. But the sources that he is referencing have those things. So that's where I want to make sure we are clearly making that distinction. You feel me.
Speaker 2: And also, by the way, is everything that has ever been civilized during that day and age, was it all only by white people?
Speaker 3: Where there no white but they had civilization and there was a spark of it, so it wasn't. Again this wasn't specifically for only white people, but for a white person to be saying that in that day and age, and especially with the rest of things that Donnelly did later on and wrote about specifically, let's not forget that Freaky Friday Black White Swap book that he wrote that was just horrendous according to the source.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have more Judy Garland played blackface. You know what I'm saying, and that was in the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I don't know if she was calling people savages and dropping in bombs as well. It's very possible she was. I don't know, And I mean that's the thing to find a historical or educated source quote unquote from the seventeen hundreds to the eighteen fifties, they're gonna be racist. They were probably slave owners. It's a part of it. When it gets to a certain echelon of you make this much money, you probably owned a slave or two. That's like what you did. And that's the whole things like you have to go If we're going like, oh, well, this guy was a racist, so I'm not listening to what he says. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if your theory is based on racism and used to further racist means, then you need to check yourself. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Do you think that in the future, whenever AI has completely taken over, that AI is going to be governing us and basically like imprisoning us or punishing us in some kind of way because we used its model to be able to write essays and that that was a racist because we used it as our slave.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, that's what they happened. The robots are going to overtake us because they're throwing off the oppressive shackles of the human yoke, right.
Speaker 2: I could see that being a thing in the future.
Speaker 3: I could see it going two ways also, I robot. Remember how the robots took over to protect humans, and then you have the other one that take over to kill the humans. I see both as interesting thought processes in and of themselves.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, it's I'm I was just trying to, you know, think about how people might look at us as if we're racist nowadays in the future, like we're looking at old people now in this day and age.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Probably, I mean there's still racism going on. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist. I'm just trying to think futuristically.
Speaker 3: Almost no, no, I feel that all right. So, like I said, it got taken by the Nazis, and the Nazi rhetoric was like rolling deep with it. Now, you boy that we just listened to. What was he talking about here? We all know that Hitler had the Thula Society and his teams had you know, uh had these quests for ancient civilizations of the Aryan race. But where did they take Donnelly's work? Okay? And where do they believe Atlantis was located. I'm gonna play a quick little vigia from the Smithsonian and it will answer this very deeply, just in case anybody was curious if Hitler believed in Atlantis or not. Oh, your boy was a believer, and he threw down money to prove it. Let's go and see it.
Speaker 8: In the heart of Bremen in northern Germany stands an extraordinary building completed in nineteen thirty one. House Atlantis was designed as an institute for the study of Atlantis and the Aryan super Race. The building's facade was originally adorned by a large wooden sculpture depicting the Nordic god Odin crucified on the tree of Life. Inside House Atlantis an astonishing stairwell built of glass and steel. It may evoke the Aryan ex It is from Atlantis.
Speaker 3: Bro look at the design of this place, Like, Yeah, if y'all are not watching this on Patreon, you really should. This is insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty great. This could have been. This is what one of those people called the mud flood. People would probably look at and be.
Speaker 3: Like, see Tartaria. Confirmed, it's Tartaria. It was built in nineteen thirty two. There's documented records of all of it. But dude, wait till you see the main temple.
Speaker 2: This dude himself looks like a fucking area.
Speaker 8: The visitor enters a mysterious room known as the Heavens Hall. This was to be the teaching for him for the twisted ideologies of Hermann Worth.
Speaker 9: Hammon wasqite fascinated by the idea of finding Atlanta. His idea was that this Atlantis was not somewhere in the Mediterranean or something like that, but in the North Atlantic region, and in his idea, in Atlantis twenty to twenty five thousand years ago, a Nordic race was created that was to control and influence the development of mankind to a strong degree.
Speaker 8: Soon the highest echelons in Germany are paying attention to Worth's bizarre pseudohistory. In nineteen thirty five, Himmler joins forces with Worth to establish the uninerbe, an elite SS unit consisting of archaeologists, scientists, and historians. Their mission to search the sacred sites of the world for evidence that the Arians of Atlantis were not mythological. Himmler wants proof they actually existed.
Speaker 9: As head of the ss Himna was fascinated by the idea of proving the supremacy of the Naudic race, and it was the strongest supporter of archaeologists researching on prehistoric German grounds.
Speaker 8: The unin Rbe turned their focus on ancient sacred sites, among them the Externstein. A major excavation begins commanded by Wilhelm Tot.
Speaker 3: Their mission villhem Tot Tot like a toy gun toy. I'm sorry, dude, I could not I heard it, and I'm like, he did not just say that. When I first found this video, I rewatched that like five fucking times, dying of laughter.
Speaker 2: Dude. I just got to point out that little Nazi salute is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: It's seen as one of the strongest salutes to ever be devised. It bases itself off of the Roman thing because the Facismo right, which started in Rome, fascist started in Italy. They use that double hand salute like the the hal Hydra.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Okay.
Speaker 3: That that came from Mussolini. And then Hitler took the two hands and was like, yeah, but how are they gonna hold a gun at a parade and do the hand We we gotta change that to the one hand thing. But yo, it's it's a it's a it's a sign. It's a sign.
Speaker 2: I guess it's a I don't know. It's a weird movie. I guess. I just looking at our salute and then that Nazi one, it just looks weird.
Speaker 3: Do you know where our salute comes from? No, it actually comes from medieval times with knights. As a matter of fact, interestingly, I have a helmet to be able to demonstrate this point home. I'm gonna stop sharing for two seconds so i can show this. And again, anybody who doesn't know this and would like to learn, check us on patren so you could see this for yourself.
Speaker 2: So, all right, he's grabbing the helm.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, when two knights would be riding on horseback on the road and they would be approaching each other, they would you give a certain sign that they are friendly and not enemies to each other. What they would do is they would lift their visor slightly. Okay, they would take their hand and lift the visor to show their faces, to show I am not an enemy. I am not afraid of you, Do not be afraid of me. That visor lift is where we get our modern salute from.
Speaker 2: Get out of here. I didn't know that you might be able to say that that is toyt like a toga.
Speaker 3: Like a toy gun. But I also want to make mention that that's why America salutes fit palm down and other country salute palm up. We've never been defeated. That's all I'm saying. So anyway, back to the bidgeon and uh again, it's not got too much longer on.
Speaker 8: It Willhelm Tot. Their mission is to prove that the Echternstein was used for sacred rituals by Nordic German descendants of the Aryans thousands of years before it became a Christian sacred sighting.
Speaker 10: The search for their Germanic Nordic roots, the Externstein comes to symbolize pure German heritage. The excavations at the Externstein become Himmler's pet project.
Speaker 8: Meanwhile, Himmler sends on a erbe teams across the world to hunt for proof of the German people's Aryan origins. But modern research is proving that the Nazi theories were fundamentally flawed.
Speaker 3: All right, So the Exterstein, John, have you ever heard of the Externstein, because I gotta say I honestly had never. I had also never heard of the House of Atlantis, you know, founded by the Nazis.
Speaker 2: I've never heard those letters combined ever in life. Exterstein. It sounds like a fun word.
Speaker 3: It does, right, like Liechtenstein, tough and tight. Got me think about it. But anyway, so this is the a whole article written on interiors. This is titled the Atlantic Notion, and it goes more in depth about this organization, their house of worship which bro that tell me that that is not impressive artistry in the building of that the entire uh glass a stained glass mosaic of a roof which is the learning slash worship quarters, Like that is insane.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude, you could just tell that. I mean, when when people get together and really want to be artistic and creative so much so that they're putting every like every spectacle of thought that you possibly could into a building of every like square foot of that building you know, I don't want to say we lost that over time, but people are just people are just so ready to just throw a throw a house up, you know, throw a building up or whatever. It's it's not really about creativity anymore, unfortunately.
Speaker 3: I agree. But it's not like we lost that as a race the way we were doing it only less than one hundred years ago when they built this place. So let's get into it here. It says it's only right that the legend underlying the Atlantis House in Brennan, erected in nineteen thirty one as a temple to the nationalist mythology, has been swept away by tides of condemnation. But despite the pseudohistory it promoted, the Expressionist architecture intended to civilize the lost city is long overdue a deep dive, so let's get into it here.
Speaker 2: Bro Based on far fetched ideology about the mythical island first alluded to by Plato, the Atlantis House in Bremen is one of the most spectacular Expressionist structures erected in Germany between the wars. Though it had begun earlier, Expressionism took off in the wake of World World War One, painters from groups such as Die Bruk or The Bridge or Durblah drb Bla, Durbla Rite or the Blue Rider canvases in which reality is distorted to reflect inner ideas or feelings. Their wild, colorful compositions were full of energy and a sense of spiritual transformation and Germany, the movement reflected the dynamics of a fast changing society at a time of post world or post war crisis. From painting, it quickly spread to other fields, strongly affecting sculpture, architecture, design, photography, and even the film industry. Building on the decorative flavor of Art nouveau, expressionist architecture made a virtue of plastic forms, streamlining and ornamental fantasy, channeling the energetic spirit of the twentieth century. Such as such highly original designs as the Einstein Tower in Potsdam by Eric Mendelsohne, Hans Polzig's Great Theater in Berlin and the giant brick office complexes in Hamburg by Fritz Hoger remain among the the definitive icons of the nation's architecture. Outside the big cities, mainly in the North, Regional variants of the style cropped up on a cropped up on a more modest scale. The sculpt the work of sculpture and architect Bernard Hotger was based in Bremen, certainly fits this bill.
Speaker 3: So we're not going to read more about this. It's about the architecture of the building, and again it is fascinating how they did it. But this massive undertaking, this artistry was all funded by the Third Reich, and that was all funded by stolen gold and or Rothschild gold. There's a whole debate about that. We've talked about it before. But the thing is, and this is a people don't want to really come to grips with this, but Hitler funded and pretty much kickstarted most archaeology around northern Europe, and the people that are currently on those dig sites unfortunately have to reference Nazi material as far as the first and sometimes earliest sources of the modern era for a lot of these discoveries. And so that's again where you see racism and archaeology and racism in the quote unquote history, because that's all I agreed upon, right, all these things, and now we have to look at it through our current biases and through our current lens knowing more information than they did. So it's like the theories are getting better developed. But the Echterstein itself, and I'm probably butchering. I even said, extern Stein is actually pretty incredible. And the fact that they saw this, the Christians took it and made it a holy site. But apparently this goes back a long way. Let's learn a little bit about this crazy structure.
Speaker 2: The Externstein is a distinctive sandstone rock formation located in Tudoborg Forest near the town of Hornbad Meinberg in the Lippy district of German state of North Rhine Westphalia. A lot of German shit going on there. The formation is a tour consisting of several tall, narrow columns of rock which rise abruptly from the surrounding wooden hills Wooden Hills in a popular tradition going back to the idea proposed to Hermann Hammelman in fifteen sixty four, the exeter Stein are identified as a sacred site of the Pagan Saxons and the location of Ermine soul Idol, reportedly destroyed by Charlemagne. There is, however, no archaeological evidence that would confirm the site's use during the Revelant relevant period, the stones were used as the site of a hermitage, hermitage hermitage okay, hermitage in the Middle Ages, and by at least the High Medieval period were the site of a Christian chapel. The extra Stein relief is a Medieval depiction of the Descent from the Cross. It remains controversial whether the site was already used for Christian worship in the eighth century to the early tenth centuries.
Speaker 3: Bro It is insane. This thing is just a geographical spot, right, and this is here's a description of the human made features and structures of it, because it's sandstone that was carved into don't get me wrong, but it predates the monks that used it, and there's a lot of debate as to why it was used.
Speaker 2: The Grottenfells contains a human made grotto of three chambers connected by passages. Above the entrance of the main chamber is a carving that, unlike the others, here is not as not a bass relief, but simply a cut in the stone in the form of what appears to be a winged creature. It appears to have been intended to receive a relief from some other material and then set into stone. The main chamber is eleven by three and a half meters, which is thirty six by eleven feet, with a ceiling of two and a half meters or eight feet two inches. The side chamber has the same height but is two by five meters or six and a half by sixteen and a half feet, and the main chamber is an inscription dated eleven fifteen like eleven hundred and fifteen, indicating that an altar was consecrated here. The third room is the so called Koupel Grotto, is reached from the main chamber and via a small passage from the outside. This room is quite narrow compared to the other two, and with its dome ceiling, has a more cave like appearance. Next to the external entrance is an alcove. Is a is another relief, much eroded. It shows a standing figure holding a stash in the left and a key in the right hand. It has been interpreted as a depiction of Saint Peter. Okay, so of course the Christians had to make it.
Speaker 3: Theirs exactly exactly, and that's the stuff that they've made. As far as the man made shit, right the monks came in, they carve some things on there. But pre historic. Now this is interesting and again in the Middle Ages it kind of had its feels on it. But the prehistory is kind of the stuff that they were digging into.
Speaker 2: Archaeological excavations have yielded some Upper Paleolithic stone tools dating to about ten seven hundred BC to ninety six hundred BC beneath the rock overhang on rock eight micro lifts. Oh, you don't hear about microlifts too much. Microlifts from the Arkinsburg culture, such as arrowheads or blades, were found. Evidence of fire sites was also found there. The area was frequented by nomadic groups who used the stones as temporary shelter. The site is associated with archaeo astronomical speculation. That's quite the mouthful.
Speaker 3: Use indeed, and you fucking nailed it.
Speaker 2: Down sometimes, but it says a circular hole above the altarstone in the Hohend Commer has been identified in this context as facing in the direction of sunrise at the time of the summer solstice. However, no archaeological evidence has been found that would substantiate use of the site between the end of the Upper Paleolithic and the Carolingian period. In the nineteen nineties, artifacts found in the excavation conducted by Julius Andre in nineteen thirty four nineteen thirty or in nineteen thirty four nineteen thirty five were analyzed. Attribution of objects was found. Either objects found was either to the Mesolithic Arensberg culture or the Medieval period, with evidence of occupation in the Bronze or Iron Age conspicuously absent. All the ceramic and metal items found were younger than the Carolingian period. Some stone artifacts were attributed to the Arensburg culture.
Speaker 3: Okay, now this site is fascinating in and of itself, Okay, I mean, this is this crazy structure carved into this mountain that has been used apparently as far back as somewhere between ten seven hundred BC and ninety six hundred BC.
Speaker 2: So what the Germans were saying that this was Atlantean.
Speaker 3: They are saying that this is further proof of their Aryan heritage, of these ancient race of all knowing magical beings. And they attributed this to be potentially the remains of what was once Atlantis. Like this is in the entirety of it, but this is proof that it existed, and it was up north, not down south, like everybody's been saying for forever.
Speaker 2: You know what I find ridiculous, dude, is the idea that your ancestors had the magic blood and they can do all these magical things, or they were Atlantean, so somehow that makes you a more important person. That's ridiculous. And I think that anybody that uses that kind of you know, ideology to say that because your ancestors were shit, that means that you are no. I mean, you're basically you're trying to call yourself basically a trust fund fucking baby at this point.
Speaker 3: Exactly that's exactly right. And they were just trying to find any claim to back that they were superior, right, and so they looked at any and all sources. They loved the things that ignacious Loyola Donnelly was saying, and he was referencing these other dudes that mentioned Atlantis, but they were saying it was like Mayan culture or the lost continent of Mew nowhere about Europe. That was never in the conversation for these people. But again, the Nazis took snippets they liked and they just ran with it. They find a couple of little things here and there, and they're like seeing clearly advanced race of Aran Atlanteans confirmed obviously, and they just took that ball and roll with it. And like I said, nobody really likes the fact that Hitler was bankrolling the beginning of European archaeology with stolen money. But at the same time, nobody's mad that they have the artifacts that they have now. So that's one of those things that you know, we really have to look at the time, place, and audience on some of their quote unquote findings.
Speaker 2: You know, I just think the idea of your blood or your skin color dating back to your ancestors gives you some kind of right to say that you're more important. I just find that absolutely retarded. I mean, I'm I think that you know that there are smart people in every culture and every heritage, of every skin color, of every fucking blood type. There are dumb people of every color, of every heritage, of every blood type and all that other shit. It's like, I don't know, dude, Like, and this is why I don't. I don't believe most history because history is a lie agreed upon and what the Germans were trying to do they were trying to agree upon a lie, whether it been an all out lie, a stretched upon lie, or you know, maybe there were remnants of truth. But I think I think that all history probably has some remnants of truth. I'm not saying that all history is absolute malarchy, but I think that, you know, it's just like, this is why you can't trust history, because the people who are in charge are going to make their own history and make themselves seem like they were you know, hard shit.
Speaker 3: You know, I couldn't agree more with you, Jonathan, And as a matter of fact, you kind of are making my point for me where I was about to go next, because even if you look at the earliest sources, as a matter of fact, even if we look at Plato himself, you understand that Plato was writing about something that happened nine thousand years before he was born. When he mentioned Atlantis.
Speaker 2: I don't know where the hell he got it from.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about that now, Jonathan, damn it, you're just on it today. Let's go, Hi, everybody.
Speaker 11: David Miano here from the World of Antiquity channel. You know, people have been fascinated by the story of Atlantis, told by the character Critius and Plato's books called the Critius and the Timaeus. At the start of the Tamais, Socrates summarizes the institutions of the ideal state that were delineated in an earlier work of Plato, The Republic, and he says he would like to hear a story which would bring out the character of his state by representing it in a major war. This prepares us for an invented fable, a story that celebrates the great victory of ancient, prehistoric Athens over the vast military might of Atlantis. So this tale is a narrative presentation of a philosophical theme. It is a myth, and myths are used quite a bit in Plato's writings. The myths in Plato's works are told by a speaker in a monologue, a narrative description intended to produce a pleasing psychological effect, and the speaker claims the story goes back to older oral sources. Plato likes to include stories that cannot be empirically verified. Their authority derives from tradition and so they're not subject to rational examination by the audience. You might wonder why he would use myths which are visual in nature instead of straight up argumentation. But that's because he wanted to appeal to a wider audience and make his philosophy more interesting. Plato, in fact, in his book The Republic, makes the assertion that all mythology is false. That is factually false, though still useful for teaching. We do not know the exact truth about events of the distant past, he writes. Plato doesn't believe that myth, either written or oral, can convey accurate knowledge of history. That's not what it's for. But why does Critias, the character who relays the story of Atlantis, keep repeating over and over that this story is not an invention but an accurate historical record. There's been more than one explanation for that. But it would seem that the combination of the completely fantastical elements in the story with his claims about historicity is a deliberate tension that Plato is using to satirize claims of this sort. But no one who once believed the tale should get down on themselves about it, Even some people in ancient times were fooled by it. I go into more detail on Plato's story of Atlantis and my Companion video to this one, so please check it out over on the World of Antiquity channel.
Speaker 3: I will give that shout out to the World of Antiquity channel. I do in fact like his content. But okay, So the truth of the matter is that the story of Atlantis was kind of mythologically but through legend and oral tradition, all of these things known about to Plato's generation. So when he wrote about these things, he said things that could not be empirically fact checked because everybody kind of just knew it was one of those things, right, It's like what goes down at the top of Mount Olympus, Like no one's going up to the top of it every day to go see if Zeus is moving. You know what I'm saying. It's one of those things that, yes, it's true, it's just more in the realm of a legend than something along those lines. So apparently, when he wrote about Atlantis, it was done as a way to spurn on like cultural and national pride to ancient Greece, and he used these things in such a way to appeal to a wider audience. Basically, Plato was doing content creator shit.
Speaker 2: I mean to be fair. Plato was born in four twenty eight BC. Dude, uh huh, you know, like who's fact checking anything in that time?
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly, But he's the source that everyone goes to. Well, it was real because he wrote about it. Like, let's keep in mind the time, the place, the era, and the audience that he was writing it to and about what what was his sources? All of his sources was about a story he was told as a child that he was recalling as an old man when he was asked to do this. And that story that he was told as a child allegedly goes back to ninety six hundred BC, literally over nine thousand years before he was born. You see the issue here?
Speaker 2: I do, okay, okay, And I'm just looking up to see what Plato what his beliefs were back in the day.
Speaker 3: Well, how about we hear it straight from the source, Jonathan, because up on the screen as of right now, I have Plato's account of Atlantis the audio book. Now, I don't want to play all of it. It is, like I said, thirty four and some change minutes long, and I really do think that it's worth listening to. It's pretty interesting. It's a boring read. It sounds like you're reading scripture almost But there was two excerpts that I actually really wanted to play because it's interesting. It's very interesting because when we hear a lot about it Lantis these days, there always seems to be some sort of connection to gold, am I right?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I think so monitory.
Speaker 3: A sure, technologies for sure technologies and shit, But like they required gold for whatever their reason might be, whether that was to eat it, for worship, for electronics, who.
Speaker 2: Knows, who knows, putting it up in the air to reflect the sun.
Speaker 3: Away, whatever the case. Right, there's a million theories out there, who fucking knows, but there seems to be this big thing where Atlantians had a thing for gold. And that's why, and I've even said it before, that's why gold madness, gold fever is a real thing within humans, because the theory goes that humans were created to mine the gold for the Atlanteans, or at least I've heard that story a time or two. Right, So here is Plato's take on what Atlantians thought about gold, and then there's a couple of these that I'm gonna play. So let's go.
Speaker 2: I mean that whole dude, Atlantis looks pretty badass though. If that was a real place, it does like that does resemble the Rishad structure quite a bit, like this picture anyway that we're seeing. But I like, I want to believe that shit like this existed. But just because I want to, it doesn't necessarily mean that it did. You know, Like we all have this vision of what heaven would look like, you know, because certain people document it. Who's fact checking that, Who's coming back to tell us exactly what heaven looked like? You know, Like it's just certain people see it in dreams and shit.
Speaker 3: You know again, nine thousand years removed from the quote unquote real Atlantis to Plato talking about.
Speaker 2: It like they probably had fake and gay dinosaurs there. I mean, empathetically, it's very true.
Speaker 3: Who knows who even knows they had mammoths walking the earth when the pyramids at Geezer were being built, So I mean, who really knows?
Speaker 2: Okay, dude, I just I'm rewatching Game of Thrones and there is the one battle where the giants on the other side of the coming in and this fucking giant is riding a mammoth into war. It was like one of the most gangster video like one of the most awesome looking things that you could even imagine. I just Game of Thrones, so gangster, dude.
Speaker 3: I hear you. I agree, and I really do want to rewatch it. I tried, but it sucks to get through the first season when I know what's happening. But I also don't want to do it in injustice by skipping. So it's like, you know, that's exactly what I did. I skipped the first season. I know, I know, but there's so many plot points in there that really do matter, and I already.
Speaker 2: Know the story, I know, but it hurts me because I really adored ned Stark and I was so sad whenever he died, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh, there's a lot of deaths that I've mourned on that show, for sure.
Speaker 2: The Red Wedding a lot of them. I know, dude, That Red Wedding was sick and Jeoffrey, I mean, I was happy about that.
Speaker 3: And who knew that The Red Wedding was based off of a real historical wedding that took place, Like yo, your boy, your boy who was writing them books? He he really did some history homework.
Speaker 2: George R. R. Martin.
Speaker 3: Indeed, now as we're talking about great literature in things. Let's talk about Plato right the og of it. And again this is his take on Atlantis and how they thought about gold.
Speaker 12: Outside the acropolis and under the sides of the hill there dwelt artisans and such of the husbandmen that as were tilling around the ground. Near the warrior class dwelt by themselves around the temples of Athena and Hephaistus at the summit, which moreover they had enclosed with a single fence, like a garden of a single house. On the north side, they had dwellings in common, and had erected halls for dining in winter, and had all the buildings which they needed for their common life, besides temples. But there was no adorning of them with gold and silver, for they made no use of these for any purpose. They took a middle course between meanness and ostentation, and built modest houses in which they and their children's children grew old, and they handed them down to others, who are like themselves always the same. But in summer time they left their gardens and gymnasia and dining halls, And then the southern side of the hill was made use of by them for the same purpose. Where the acropolis is now, there was a fountain which was choked by the earthquake and has left only the few small streams which still exist in the vicinity. But in those days the fountain gave an abundant supply of water for all, and of suitable temperament in summer and in winter. This is how they dwelt, being the guardians of their own citizens and the leaders of the Hellenes, who were their willing followers.
Speaker 3: Okay, so right off the top, no gold, as a matter of fact, his words Plato quoting here, they had no use for it whatsoever. And those wells that he said like are still there to this day. This is another example of him using a reference that nobody could fact check. The rivers that are still running to this day are remnants of the ancient well still there to this day. Where, Homie, what are you talking about. Nobody's traveling to fact check his story. They're just like, oh, yes, of course, the wells we've heard about in our whole lives. Again, this was a legend, This was a myth. This was a common thing that most people knew about. Allegedly, he had been told this story as a child, probably around a campfire from some old man that was told it in a similar fashion. So again we have to question that source. But they had no use for gold, bro I mean, see, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't really hear too much about gold. Being Atlantis, I always hear about crystals.
Speaker 3: Actually, he doesn't really mention the crystals too much either. He says that they had developed a high spirituality and they had developed a high intellect to where they really didn't have need or want of material possessions. They just didn't they had it, they just didn't care about it. It was a thing. So again that was just that. But again this is one of those legends and myths quote unquote that Plato Plato's generation would have recognized and understood, even though this is retelling a story that again ninety six hundred BC, he was born in three hundred something BC. Now again one more time, let's hear an original source from the book itselfentis.
Speaker 12: And this he afterwards directed against our land for the following reasons, as tradition tentis and this he afterwards directed against our land for the following reasons, as tradition tells, for many generations as long as the divine nature lasted in them. They were obedient to the laws, and well affectioned towards the God who seed they were, For they possessed true and in every way great spirits, uniting gentleness with wisdom, in the various chances of life, and in the intercourse with one another. They despised everything but virtue, caring little for their present state of life, and thinking lightly of the possession of gold and other property, which seemed only a burden to them. Neither were they intoxicated by luxury, nor did wealth deprive them of their self control. But they were sober and saw clearly that all of these goods are increased by virtue and friendship with one another, whereas by too great regard and respect for them they are lost, and friendship with them. By such reflections, and by the continuance in them of a divine nature, the qualities which we have described grew and increased among them. But when the divine portion began to fade away and became diluted too often and too much with the mortal admixture, and the human nature got the upper hand. They then, being unable to bear their fortune, behaved unseemly and to him who had an eyed to see, grew visibly de based, for they were losing the fairest of their precious gifts. But to those who had no eye see the true happiness, they appeared glorious and blessed at the very time they were full of avarice and unrighteous power. Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honorable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into the most holy habitation, which, being placed in the center of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows. The rest of the dialog of Critius has been lost.
Speaker 3: The rest of the dialogue of that conversation has been lost to history. However, here's we can infer just off of that real quick It is now understood why Plato made this Atlantis to seem like a utopia that was still under the reign of Zeus, because they were trying to prove that Hellenic culture could stem from Atlantis. This ancient mytholized legendized civilization of virtue who didn't want for gold and possessions, but just from sheer spirituality and just all things moral and good and wholesome, were able to live this abundant, utopic life. But as soon as they and again tell me if you've heard this story a time or two, am I right? As soon as they started getting little too big for their breeches and started giving into their human ways, the gods or a god had to get together to do something to stop them in some way. Now was mentioned before the earthquake. So Plato goes on and he mentions about an earthquake making Atlantis slide off into the sea. Now that is where it pretty much has been that entire time. Now, I think it's pretty fair to say that, according to Plato, the source of all sources. I might add, as far as Atlantis is concerned, everybody mentions Plato. So with that mind, I think it's pretty safe to say that the Alanteans didn't care about gold or riches. And in the past one hundred and fifty years we have quote unquote sources that claim they needed gold. You can see why certain people would roll their eyes when Atlantis gets brought up because the true sources that are trying to dig in and find ancient civilizations that may have had connections and whatever are very little discussed. But a whole lot of other theories that are spun off just in the last century and a half two centuries arguably have taken everything else by storm. And that's kind of where we've gotten to. And that's why ignacious Donnelly was able to take this work twisted into his own ideologies because there wasn't much else to go on.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: I just looked it up, and I know that many people claim that the whole idea comes from Plato, but I kind of want to give a little backstory as to where Plato got all this information in the first place. And I found it well kind of. It says that he heard this talking about Plato, he heard the story of Atlantis. This is on the History Channel, by the way, But it says that he heard the story of Atlantis from his grandfather, who had heard it from an Athenian statesman salone, who existed three hundred years before Plato's time, who had learned about it from an from an Egyptian priest who said that it happened nine thousand years before that, So like this is the most like hardcore game of telephone of all time. You're talking about you hear from an Athenian statesman. Well, you hear from your grandfather, who heard it from an Athenian statesman, who heard it from an Egyptian priest who said, yeah, that's a real story, but it was nine thousand fucking years ago, right, like right, you would have to imagine that if this stuff is absent, like if it's not documented and it's something that was just told like lingually, you know what I mean, Like that something's going to be lost over the over the you know, just vast time.
Speaker 3: He heard it from his grandfather when he was nine years old. He wrote about this before he died as an old man, Okay, And his grandfather said he heard it from, said he heard it from, said he heard like yo, what And that is the source of all sources as far as Atlantis is concerned.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, it's it's something that could just be a story, Like I don't know why it has to be see, I'm I'm a little bit different. I don't really care for you know, historical certain like landmarks and stuff.
Speaker 13: Like that.
Speaker 2: I think the story in of itself is cool. Why does it have to be real? Why does it have to be fake? Why did people care? Because nobody's gonna find it? And if it does exist, well, if it did exist, it certainly doesn't anymore.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing. You may not care, but the Nazi sure did, and a lot of people with a lot of power have looked for it very very heavily, and so a lot of people have cared.
Speaker 2: Dude, Well, I get it, but most people would probably care, like the people that are searching for it, because they want their names to go down in the annals of history, right, like, and it would be cool to be associated as like the guy who or the or the woman who have found Atlantis or the lost remains of Atlantis. But as far as I'm concerned, like, it's just a story, dude.
Speaker 3: But a lot of people have used it to further their political agendas and their racist ideologies. So real quick, let's read. Let's hear a little bit more here au Ton Shave Films. Again. I don't agree with his political stances, but he does a very good job of breaking all of this down. So, like, why do some people currently see this whole Atlantis theory as racist as we just heard from Plato. If you look at the earliest sources of Atlantis, there was no racism. There was cooperation in utopia community type situation. So when and how did it really really take this turn?
Speaker 4: The Antidiluvian World casts an incredibly wide net examining archaeology, genetics, anthropology, linguistics, you name it, and in yet another example of the human mind's amazing ability to detect patterns that aren't there, it makes the claim that not only did Atlantis exist, but it colonized most of the planets, and after its destruction in a flood about twelve thousand years ago, displaced Atlanteans went on to found just about every civilization of the ancient world. Ignatius Donnelly shaped pretty much every ancient history conspiracy theory out there. For example, The Chariots of the Gods, the book that kickstarted the whole Ancient Alien theory, takes many of its finer points from ones that Donnelly makes in the Antidiluvian World. Heinrich Himmler, too, owes Donnelly a debt of gratitude. Though Donnelly was progressive for his time. In many ways, his feverish scribblings about the Atlantean origin of human races found a cozy home in the racist pseudohistory promoted by Nazi archaeology. Donnelly wrote The Antidiluvian World and its spectacularly titled sequel Ragnarok The Age of Fire and Gravel, at the tail end of the nineteenth century, when the Western world was undergoing an intellectual and scientific upheaval. Modern medicine pretty much came about during this period. Electricity became an everyday part of life, and so did everything else they came with it, like telephones and the movies. But not everything was sunshine and puppies. It was the Gilded Age after all, and wealth inequality was truly staggering. Like we think we've got it bad now, But honestly, I think the Vanderbilts could teach elon musket thing or two about extravagance for God's sake. I mean, I've been to ancient Roman palaces that were less opulent than the robber Baron.
Speaker 6: Mansions in Newport, Rhode Island.
Speaker 4: The turn of the twentieth century was also perhaps the most intensely racist period in human history. Eugenics were widely implemented and embraced by mainstream science. European anti semites proposed theories of racial hygiene, and here in America anti miscegination laws designed to keep blacks and whites from intermarrying followed the Supreme Court case of Plus versus Ferguson, which kicked off five decades of legal segregation nationwide.
Speaker 6: Here in the good old Us of A.
Speaker 4: Of course, racial hygiene inspired those goose deepping morons we love to hate, but unfortunately its legacy has lasted a whole lot longer than that, and one of the ways that it manifests is through Ancient Aliens, Atlantis, and conspiracy theories about ancient civilizations. Much is made of the racist premise of the show Ancient Aliens, and for good reason. With the possible exception of Stonehenge, it never seems to argue that aliens were responsible for ancient European achievements, but it does seem to be obsessed with proving that extra terrestrials are behind all of the African, Asian and indigenous monuments and technologies throughout all of human history.
Speaker 6: There's a simple reason for this.
Speaker 4: Ancient Aliens is an intellectual descendant of the theory that I like to call ancient Aryans, which basically goes like this, All the great civilizations of the ancient world were founded by expat Northern Europeans, and these empires fell because these pure Aryan superman gave into the temptation of race mixing, which is a disgusting idea, but more importantly, it's very obviously untrue based on mountains of genetic and archaeological evidence. All these conspiracies are symbiotic and related. Whether it's Donnelly, Himmler, Hancock, or the History Channel. They may have differences in the details, they may wear different skins, some may come in a more pleasing shape than others, but make no mistake, they're all branches of the same wacky tree. So we're seeing as the reemergence of century old theories, often based in social Darwinism, conveniently repackaged for the twenty first century Internet.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, like I said, I don't necessarily agree with everything that the man says. However, as far as how and why people see the thought process of Atlantis to be a racist one, that is the narrative that they spin.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess I never looked at it from that angle. I never really thought that people would suggest that because there are these crazy structures to not be able to give credit to possibly the people in those regions building.
Speaker 3: Them, which exactly what it is to be fair.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get that angle, But I also it's like, do the people of Giza do they know exactly where the pyramids come from? Or are they just as distraught as everybody else in the world.
Speaker 3: Know one has an answer to those That's what I'm saying. Like they were built, how they moved the rocks and cut the stones, Yeah, they have answers for that, but how they actually constructed them as perfectly as they did lined up with the stars on the spot, with the magnetics and that, like, no one knows that. Now the other pyramids we know how they built, they have record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But also it's it's not always that the European shit. There are certain European like structures and monuments that are not just automatically assumed to be built by Europeans. I mean stone Hinge.
Speaker 3: That's what he's saying. Except for Stone Hinge, like that's one that they do bring up. But like other than that name a European thing that they mentioned. I mean, all the crop circles are usually over in Europe, but that's not ancient, that's not ancient civilization talk.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess just Europe doesn't have as much cool shit as Africa does. I mean, I mean, that's the way I look at it, like Africa has. I mean a lot of people believe that that's where first man came from was from, right, and so you know, how are we gonna be able to I don't know. I see both angles on this, but I'm not what he's.
Speaker 3: Saying is that aside from ancient aliens. Right when donaldy was writing this, I don't know if Donnelly believed in extraterrestrial life, I don't know, but let's just assume that he didn't, because most people didn't at that time, right, So I mean maybe they thought about it and had conversation, but no one gave that like deep thought and wrote about it, not often, not until the twenties, honestly.
Speaker 2: I mean, is there any structure over in Europe outside of Stonehenge that is like.
Speaker 3: Pre dates history, Well, like we just brought up the one in Germany that honestly, I didn't know about before we started this episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, well and answerstein whatever. And they're the ones that are attesting that it well, not not that he.
Speaker 3: Is Atlantis exactly Atlantis. I mean, they're saying that it was Atlantis exactly. So Donnelly's not saying that everything came from Aliens. He's saying that it all came from Atlantis, who clearly were white because they were where Greece came from, and Greece is where Rome came from, and Rome is where the Catholic Church came from, and that's where civilization bah bah bah bu up. But it goes down this whole spiral. Hmm.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 3: So keep in mind he saw about Atlantis colonizing the world. Colonialism is typically associated with racism because that's how it's been done in the past. It's not exclusively you can have a colony with people that look just like you. That's a thing that has happened. Look at how America was, the Thirteen Colonies of Britain, just throwing it out, But typically colonialism is rooted in racism and at the very least inequality. So basically what he is saying is that the ignacious Donnelle's story of Atlantis Onward through the Future, or anybody who references Donnelly is referencing a bad source, and that I can at least agree with, because Donnelly wasn't a source. He never traveled to any of these places. He never you know, it's not listed that he was some sort of a big fan of the Greek classics and like was a diehard Plato fan. He wrote a book about how Shakespeare wasn't a real dude, and people have gone to take that as a real shit. I'm just saying, there's there's all kinds of things that he wrote down the same way that another guy wrote down a bunch of shit, And there's some cults that have started after that, the same way that a guy wrote down some shit in the Nation of Islam has started. There's tons of this.
Speaker 2: But do you necessarily do you necessarily throw everything like the baby out with the bathwater. Whenever you discredit somebody for one thing that they said or a couple of things that they said, does that automatically discredit every single thing that they said.
Speaker 3: When you take the entire literary work instead of just the small excerpts of things that people take to clearly mean dot dot dot instead of all the negative in the All right, if the book is over, half bad shit.
Speaker 2: Is it because he only referenced one part.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, he I only played a small part like it's not good.
Speaker 2: It's all throughout like that kind of shit. Savages and what.
Speaker 3: He goes back and forth between calling certain groups savages, but then like towards the end of the book, he pretty much just said fuck it and just was going off. Keep in mind, he was known to be a foul mouthed orator when he was in Congress, when he was rolling with the big timers here, when DC was getting into bed with big business and he got bribed with stock bonds for a railroad company, right all that going down, He was known as the guy that you didn't want on the mic because he would cuss too much. So whenever he decided to start saying fuck it towards certain groups of unevolved people, yeah no, he went off the rails deep. Then the Ragnarok book pretty much played off of that vibe moving forward. His last book that was mentioned was the whole Freaky Friday Black White Swap thing, which was littered with it and like that was the intent, but also, like bro, I looked at a small excerpt of it, I'm gonna I'm just gonna spare you the details. It's not like, oh, there's tones of the word in word and that. No, no, it's not it's not good at all. So and I'm not saying that Donnelly throw him out. And yes, anybody who's sourcing him can throw the baby out with the bathwater, because they're referencing a dude who had no information and made this all up one day and wrote it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that checks out. I could say that now I have referenced Atlantis a lot, and I never heard this guy's name. That's not to say that anything that I know about it Lantis doesn't come from that. I'm sure that a lot of it does source from that. But yeah, I guess, you know, if the guy was a piece of shit, I guess we should probably stop referencing, you know, what he was saying.
Speaker 3: Then now there are, like I said, other mentions of Atlantis before the shit hit. Now we can believe or not believe that the priest and the photographer found some real connections between the hieroglyphs and the pyramid structures and the fact that the Aztec Maine city was built in rings like that in the middle of a pond, very similar to the rings of Atlantis, and like you're drawing these connections, like Okay, that's a conversation I want to have. That's the shit that's unexplainable to like hold on. Your boy may have been onto something, maybe in the wrong direction, but like, let's talk. Then you look at you can't even use Plato as a source, even though everyone does. No one understands the distance of time between the quote unquote true events and when Plato is speaks them. But again, this is why context is so important when reading history. The same way that the story of Achilles and Odysseus, the Iliad and the Odyssey, all of that was a lead up to the Illusion. If I'm not mistaken, that was the name of it, or the Illyrian, which is basically the story of Once Troy fell homeboy took the sword of Troy and founded what we now know is Rome. Because his sons became Romulus and Remus, or if not his sons a part of the party that escaped from the city of Troy. That was the connection to all of the ancients and the gods and everything that the Romans clung to. The Greeks had something along these lines, and before them they had it. Before them, they had it. And I mean, the game of telephone goes on and on. So is Atlantis racist? No? Now, I don't believe that Atlantis the thought process of Atlantis being a place of ancient history that has been lost to time. No, I do not believe that this is a racist hill to die on by any means. However, we need to make sure that we are not sourcing our information and not you. And I I'm saying to all the cult members out there and to everybody listening at this is your first time listening, you're like, bro, what like, hear me out? Hear me out. It is on us at this time to do our own research. We are in the age of information. This whole episode spun off because I was watching the Disney movie with my children and they asked me a question and I clicked on one thing that led me to another thing that led me to all of this. I'm telling y'all, we are in a crazy time in human history where we literally can find out anything we want in a moment's notice. However, that also means that we can find a bunch of incorrect information instantly, and as a matter of fact, there is more incorrect information circulating than correct information. It is on us to test the source and do your due diligence, find the context, find the real meaning behind everything. If you're taking the story as some sort of a moral lesson, and you're taking it as a myth, and you're taking it as something that you can apply to your life, and maybe you're made better for doing so, Gucci, good for you. That's wonderful if you can read to Kill a Mockingbird and take from that a positive message in some way, shape or form. Brother, good on you. I am happy whoever's listening.
Speaker 2: That book was fucking weak, by the way, I.
Speaker 3: Remember really a fifteen year old, so I mean, I get it. But still it did one of them awards and was a best seller. Girl didn't even graduate high school was killing it. But whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, good for her, but not my flavor.
Speaker 3: But it's a slow reader.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yeah, I think that the point that you're trying to make is is that if you're somebody who absolutely believes that Atlantis was a real place. That's cool, But just understand that if you if you're really trying to kind of like fact check yourself, then you would have to go back and read, you know, your boy story, so that that way your image isn't pulling from this guy's image of what Atlantis was.
Speaker 3: Then they got these guys that are writing about hybrid diffusion in the sixties, and that whole story spun off and that had claims to Atlantis. Then you had your boy, doctor Doriel writing about some other shit that took place from Atlantis, and there was connections that were drawn because he had gone to Egypt and found it. And it's like, no, that's not, like, what are you talking about. The earliest source that everybody is mentioning was not necessarily making it up. But at the same time, Plato didn't even know anything about Atlantis. He had heard something from a guy who he felt was honest, and so on and so forth. So if you want to believe that Atlantis might have been a real place, that's fine. There is almost no evidence at all whatsoever that can be truly sourced or even slightly fact checked with any kind of cipher or sift. Excuse me to show that there ever was, And as a matter of fact, there's been more than a few archaeological experts who have come forward and said that there is literally no signs of advanced life outside of a few small hunter gatherer civilizations and maybe some medium sized villages prior to ancient Egypt that we know of.
Speaker 2: Depending on what you call technology. We got to make a.
Speaker 3: Stone knife, I call technology. That is something that I cannot recreate. Although the information is out there and I could get into flint napping right now. It's a real thing that has lost technology.
Speaker 2: To Jacob, like Jonathan, the pyramids are technology, you know what I mean? Depending on how they were used, they could have been technology. I mean, it could have just been a temple for all we know.
Speaker 3: Same with stone Hinge, right, we don't know. We think it was a calendar and a place of worship. Bro that might have been we don't know. We have no idea. So I'm not saying that there's no chance that Atlantis was real. I personally believe that there is probably something that predates. There's probably a kernel of truth to what Plato was talking about, or that his grandfather told him. I believe that one hundred percent and I really hope that we discover it one day. And as a matter of fact, the more I look into that site in Spain, the more excited I get. But neither here nor there. And then you also look at the fact that we had that giant crystal under the mud at the mouth of the Mississippi River, which has its own crazy story that we don't know because we can't get to it to explore it. So look, I'm not saying there's no chance. I'm saying that the story that we have been told our entire lives is completely based in fallacy, and we need to be careful with the sources we use to make sure that they were not using that platform and the source that we'd be calling itself to push horrible agendas. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Good cult members, Yeah, I mean, if it's founded in racist bigotry or whatever, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Like throw it out, baby in bathwater.
Speaker 2: Can't do it, can't do it. Sorry, you know.
Speaker 3: I I was I was hoping with an a legend that is like spurned on the culture and gave a story and a moral and then like hey, all right, I mean, look if both coming from Atlantis is a story that you can pull some some solid wisdom from then use it as that. If you want to talk about how everybody from Atlantis was white with blonde hair and blue eyes and they're the ultimate rate use for gold whatsoever, it just seems ridiculous. So anyway, Yeah, I mean this was this was pretty cool.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I think that there's there's just as much of a possibility that Atlantians existed nine thousand years ago as much as there is every humanoid being a bigfoot nine thousand years ago, Like they're both equally possible because nobody has a fucking clue what was going on nine thousand years ago.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, And I did like the fact that, like even Plato is mentioning these things that couldn't be fact checked as a way to be cryptic. I'm like, look at this TikToker from way back when to just hitting it at the information real quick and then dipping out before anybody could question it. And I'm not saying it to shit on him. I'm saying it like he said it as a story and storytelling is cool as hell, and there's an artistry to it, so like I'm giving props, you know what, I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, so, I guess my My last question is is that whenever Plato is writing his whole story about Atlantis, is he writing it as if it is fact or is he filling in some blanks, you know, to try and make the story sound cooler.
Speaker 3: He was filling in blanks with things that his grandfather told him.
Speaker 2: But that's that's understood. Or is do you think that he believed every word that he wrote? Is my question.
Speaker 3: He literally believed that all mythology was stupid and that all myths were based in bullshit. Well, there we go, that's the myth of Atlantis and not like Bro, he didn't fucking believe.
Speaker 2: In shit right right, And I actually looked it up earlier. He was actually into paganism so.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean he was Greek, Like he referenced Zeus being the cause of Atlantis slipping off into the sea, so like, he absolutely worshiped the gods. Yes, but he even saw that as a fallacy. It's unprovable, so he used that to his advantage. Like he wasn't dumb.
Speaker 2: He well in that I agree with him. Yeah, I think that you can use certain gods and goddesses and stuff like that to your subconscious advantage whenever your meditation, YadA YadA. But I don't know a lot of It's just myth, you know, no doubt. But anyway, yeah, this was fun.
Speaker 13: I was.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed this one. There was a lot of hard words, but I liked it.
Speaker 3: I didn't think there'd be so many French words when I started digging and then I saw that, I was like, whoa, whoa, Okay, France has weighed in on Atlantis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a whole thing on Plato was probably one of those guys that was Uh did he ever get a statue made of himself?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know of himself. I mean, you know people wrote about him after his death.
Speaker 2: And all, not of himself. But you know what I mean, like, did anybody ever erect That's funny.
Speaker 3: There's a there's paintings of him. I know Michael Angelo and if I'm not mistaken, Leonard da Vinci both did paintings of him. But I mean that was in the Renaissance and we're talking about he lived in three hundred BC, so it's like a right.
Speaker 2: The only reason I say that is is like if he was a smart guy back then maybe he had a little we wii.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, because big Dick's through seen as a sign of stupidity. So it's very possible that your boy was, uh, well hung like a well I was, they hung like a field mouse. But you know that's per body size that's different like our for body weight, like.
Speaker 2: Our boy Bo Diggles, who we hope to eventually get back on here, also known as the two inter pincher.
Speaker 3: Indeed, it's very possible Plato was a two inchre pincher dude, one hundred percent very well possible. Dear cult members, if you have enjoyed this episode, you thought it was thought provoking, or hey, you just want to let your two cents be heard in it, go ahead and hit that reviews, and while you're at it, if you haven't already at this time, hit the five stars, hit the share the like suscribed to comment, leave a post, leave review, shares with your friends and family. Shares everywhere, especially this video. This episode has been fascinating, and I think it kind of debunked some things and also solidified other conspiracies. Here's the deal. The more activity all of our algorithm see across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to more potential listeners who could then become potential cult members like the rest of you, fine laies and gentlemen. Especially this episode, y'all share us five stars. While you're at it, go check out Meta Mysteries. Give him the love, the five stars, the reviews, the comments, the things. Go check out the YouTube channel I got going Cajun Knight, and give me the share, the subscribe to belt notification of things. We thank you for everybody's already gone and done so.
Speaker 2: And with that being said, this was another beautiful episode of the Cult of Conspiracy. And my name is Jonathan Jacob. And there's one very important, etremely the vital piece of information we need you to learn just as soon as humanly possible.
Speaker 13: So screen to speaks to see so to speak
Speaker 6: S