Speaker 1: Welcome, welcome, Welcome to the third hour of the show. And you know many of us watched in deja vu horror. As a wide receiver, Tim Patrick went down in training camp again for the second year in a row. And when I heard it was an achilles, I'm not even kidding. The first thing I thought about was Downtown's Healthcamp, and I know that sounds weird, but I was like, should I call them? Should I give him a ring and let him know? Because when I first started with Downtown's, which is now Region Revolution nine years ago, one of the first things that doctor Gary Ronimacher, who is one of the big cheese is there and I'm joined by Gary and Rachel Summers, who was the other big cheese there. Gary, that was your injury. Yeah, I didn't know you were a Bronco player, but.
Speaker 2: No, I wish, but thanks for having us, you know, I think that, uh, that brings back some memories. We were at the time looking into regenerative medicine and we were we were doing it in our office, but it's very on the on the load, on the lowdown. And then I had my injury and we won't get into that, but I was running after some kids that were keeping my house and in any case, my achilles you know, snapped and I ended up doing regenerative services in our office instead of surgery, which was recommended. And I remember going back to the ortho at the time, like ten weeks later, and he was like, this is healed better than when we do surgery.
Speaker 1: And you know that's the thing, because now he's going to be out the season. He's out the entire season because and I think, I do think now we found out it was a full tear, which is not it's a different the same as it was a full rupture and not just a tear. But when I see this stuff, and I know that a lot of professional athletes have used regenerative therapies and regenerative medicine for a long time now, but that's how I feel when I talk to someone who has any kind of injury. That is my first go to of like go try this and go do this. Rachel, you and I were just talking off the air about a show, because that's you know, Netflix show called Painkillers. What is pain Killers about?
Speaker 3: It's about out the opioid epidemic and how it kind of started in a certain part of America, that was sort of dehumanized, so that pharma kind of got away with prescribing an insane amount of these medications to people who lived in this part of the country.
Speaker 1: Is it all like the eastern Appalachian areas that were the concentrator.
Speaker 3: South like really like Virginia, right, Carolina's Tennessee, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that conversation is one of the conversations that people are paying attention to do. As a matter of fact, Chuck and I were having this conversation the other night because we were watching something on television and someone said I was prescribed prescription pain medication and I ended up being an addict. And he said, how often do you think that really happens. I think it happens a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it happens a shocking amount, like a surprising amount before people even realize it's happened, it's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, statistically, when what I've seen as of late is if you're prescribed an opioid for thirty days or just thirty three percent, chance you're addicted a year later.
Speaker 1: Shut up, Holy crap. Well that explains why doctors are like, I know you just had major surgery. Here's two pain pills and you go on your way. That's a that's a tough thing to balance. I mean a really tough thing.
Speaker 2: To balance, it really is. And the sad thing is is there some type of you know, people who become addicted to this are almost like ashamed. Yeah, and so it's created such a huge problem. That's part of the homelessness problem that we have.
Speaker 1: I think it's a huge part of the homelessness And at.
Speaker 2: Ten X during COVID because we went to telehealth because you couldn't go to see your doctor and so prescriptions just went through the roof. And so that's actually our mission at Regenda Revolution is like, listen, let's let's get this area to heal naturally and regenerate it. And let's not let's avoid medications. Let's avoid surgeries because basically we see it every day, the side effects of people who come in who have been on medications and people who have come in who've had even replacements, who wish they never would have See.
Speaker 1: That was going to be my question, like what percentage of the people that come to Regil Revolution are looking or have already had some kind of surgery maybe but have Oh wow, So it's that high. Yeah, that's the thing that I think people don't realize. It's one of the things I try to talk about is that like knee replacements fail well, even if.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a knee replacement, even if it was an ACL repair from ten or twenty years ago, a lot of scar.
Speaker 4: Tissue is built up.
Speaker 3: The surgical technologies have evolved quite a lot since then and are less invasive, and so people who had surgeries five, ten, fifteen years ago have a lot more lasting effects.
Speaker 4: Than somebody who's going to have a surgery now. That's part of it.
Speaker 3: And then the other part of it is, you know, if they did have a replacement or they did just have a bad outcome from their surgery, now their other knee has been kind of compensating for that one for so long that it's wearing out and they don't want to go down that road again.
Speaker 1: When you look at the landsca of what's out there right now, because I did a Google last night, I was using the Google of what's happening with this field of medicine, like right now, it has gone from nine years ago when I used the Google and it was just like, Okay, we're going to do it on these very narrow applications. I feel like I read a study last night, and you're not doing this at regen Revolution where they're actually using it to regenerate kidneys for someone in renal kidney failure. That's super cool. I mean, that's this is the kind of like cutting edge stuff that is happening all over the country. What has changed since you guys started doing this just in the practice.
Speaker 2: You know, I think the big thing is is it works. People are getting benefits from it and it's helping them. And so I think that you know, scientists from all over the world are jumping in looking at this and saying, hey, how can we do all these different types of regenerative procedures for all these different types of conditions and stuff. And to your point, we don't do any of that stuff. But the studies that are out there that are happening are massive just because of the benefit that said that it has for people, and it is the future of medicine. It's no doubt the future of medicine. You know, exactly where it goes, I'm not sure, but I know regenerate the medicine will be a part of that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not just it's not just about medicine. As a matter of fact, Rachel, before I leave, I need to make my appointment for my own facial that I need to have done because some of the coolest stuff that's happening right now with you guys is not just about the inside, but it's also about looking good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean cosmetics and aesthetics, and you know, plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery has been a growing field for you know, my whole life. People I know who are like the you know, my mother's generation had facelifts and you're lucky if you had a good outcome from that. You never really know how it's going to turn out. The surgeries are risky, they generally have to be done again, and like I said, you'd never know if you're going to look.
Speaker 4: Great or weird.
Speaker 1: So the other thing, you want to look like yourself. I just talked about this earlier in the show, Like, I have no problem with people doing stuff to their face, but at some point when you start to look like someone else, like your friends need to have an intervention and say this has gone too far. You just want to look like yourself, only fresh.
Speaker 3: And it's not like you know, what you're gonna get. You go in there with a ton of faith in this provider and this surgeon, and you never know what you're gonna get, and there are a lot of risks, and the downtime and the.
Speaker 4: Healing is significant.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Months.
Speaker 3: Whereas these processes and procedures are generally done with the patient's own platelets, there are zero risks to this procedure or these various procedures because it's your own platelets and we're just doing injections. There's no scalpels, there's no anesthesia, there's no downtime.
Speaker 1: You do have numbing. I think you should say that, because they're definitely numbing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's a topical numbing cream that is used. It's a very strong three part numbing cream that we use, and so that works very well. You get numb for like twenty to thirty minutes before the procedure starts. And then except for the people who are really brave like.
Speaker 1: You, no, no, no, no, I'm not brave. Numbed me up. I don't want to do it without numbing cream. No. It's kind of interesting to me because it's not just about it's not just about vanity. It's not just about your joint pain. Now they have you guys do all kinds And I'm trying to think of the best way to talk about some of this stuff without, you know, kids in the car after school situation. But men, they have some things that can help you below the belt. Women, they have some things that can help you with incontinence issues, laughing, sneezing, that kind of stuff. I just think it's gone from when I met you, Gary nine years ago. Here we were just doing joints. That was all you were doing.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, we've added a lot to it because we our passion is to help regenerate the body and to get the buy to tap into the boy's own natural ability to heal itself. Just like if you cut your arm, whether you do something or not, it's gonna heale. Now, as we get older, it takes longer, So our objective is like, how can we reverse that, How can we put that youthfulness back in and get your body to regenerate so that you can avoid all this other stuff we've been talking about, like surgery and medications.
Speaker 3: Well, and how many people have saved up their whole lives and planned their retirement so well, only to get there and like their knees hurt so badly that they can't walk around Italy or they can't go travel around and do the things that they want to do.
Speaker 1: We have that on our Mandy Connell Adventures. People who exactly what you just said. They waited till they were retired. Now their joints are broken and they can't enjoy it the way they want to. This person on the Common Spirit Health text line just ask this question. Oh geez, hang on it just updated. Could you ask your guests about rotator cuffs. Rotator cuff surgery is horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. We've been treating that for years. It just depends if it's not a complete tear. We have helped many, many people with rotator cuff tears, and what we do is we just do it when through the radio. We do a complimentary consultation and if we can help, great, If we can't, we'll point them into a good direction.
Speaker 3: I had a rotator cuff tear that that was healed that way.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Chuck just finished five tendons in his left arm and three torn tendons in his right arm, so he's been undergoing therapy for that and now he can actually sleep without making moaning noises in the middle of the night. So that's a lot of progress.
Speaker 3: That's the number one reason people seek out treatment for their shoulders is not because their shoulder herds, because they can't sleep because.
Speaker 1: Chicken exactly right now, So people have questions about the stem cells. Are they still donated? Now, we've talked about this so many times about where this product comes from. It does not come from aboarted babies.
Speaker 3: No, nobody wants that, and that's illegal, you know, nobody wants that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it. So we do a process called PRP, which is taking your own body, your own blood, and spinning it down and injecting that. There are other products that we get that have have you know, a slew of different things like growth factors, cidokinds proteins in them that help the body heal. It helps to attract your own body stem cells to the area. So it's a it's something that we've been doing for many years and people to get remarkable results with it.
Speaker 1: You're creating the environment that allows your body to flourish. Right, You're laying the groundwork to help your own body do its work. Yes, when will regenerative medicine no longer be on trial status and then be covered by insurance. That's kind of coming along a little bit, but not for all companies, right.
Speaker 4: You know, it's interesting. I think this is.
Speaker 3: Probably the biggest sticking point for the industry. I would say, is what's it going to take to get you know, if Medicare started covering these treatments, right, or even treatments that are in this category. They've gone back and forth over the last five years. We'll cover this, but we don't cover that. We'll cover this product but not that product. And these these products help people so much, and then all of a sudden, Medicare will stop covering that.
Speaker 1: My own insurance covered PRP injections for my vocal cord surgery, but they won't cover PRP injections in my knee. That doesn't make any sense to me. It's really ridiculous. But at least you know baby steps. I know insurance companies don't want to sholl out any more money, but for me, think of all the money they'd be sick.
Speaker 4: It would be less money.
Speaker 1: Yes, in the long run.
Speaker 2: It's tough when insurance companies in big farmer are in bed together. So that's the bottom line, Like if you were to, in my opinion, you know, if you were to have all these products and services covered, and if it was a decrease the amount of prescriptions are written there just only hurts the pharmaceutical industry, right. So, and I'm not saying that they're evil. There's a lot of great things that they do. But at the end of the day, their lobby is strong. Their lobby is as strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and they cannot necessarily or they can't get any kind of pat and on your own blood cells, they can't do that. There's a lot of money in the background on this that is working against it. So that's very frustrating, But.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, well, yeah, exactly. Here we have let me see here, I've got a lot of questions coming in. I had on your recommendation, I went to Regen Revolution for my shoulder. I had my final shot with Wharton's jelly shoulder as well on its way to feeling normal again.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Will this work for bone on bone rist issues? Let's talk about where this works in the joints where it works the best.
Speaker 3: Like doctor Gary said, earlier. This medicine works. It either works a little or it works a lot. Whether it works a little or whether it works a lot really depends on each individual's case and how far degenerated the joint has gotten.
Speaker 4: So I will say, we see a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Come into our office with the diagnosis of bone on bone from an orthopedic, and then you know, we look, we take our own images of those people, and sometimes they've let it go too far and they're not a candidate for this kind of medicine anymore.
Speaker 4: But more often than.
Speaker 3: Not, I would say that they are still a candidate for this medicine. And it seems like the diagnosis of bone on bone has gotten kind of.
Speaker 1: Vague, loosey goosey, let's just say a big bucket. Yeah, this is interesting. What can they do for my wife's planner's fasciitis? Doctors say, the padding on her heel is more or less gone. You guys got rid of my planner's fash iis, but you didn't use any injections at all. Use the stupid shockwave gun thing yep is that I don't know what it's really called.
Speaker 4: Is it's called shock?
Speaker 1: It's not a stupid gun. But it is a shock wave. It's like they hammer your foot with electricity. And I'm not I'm not gonna lie. It was an it was an interesting sensation, that was but it short lived.
Speaker 4: I mean, people love that thing.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a five minute treatment and it's amazingly effective at breaking down scar tissue and calcification. And it's a like a tap tap tap tap tap, and you can to adjust the wavelength and the frequency of what's going into the skin depending on how what kind of tissue were trying to feel, and it's amazingly effective. We use that for a ton of different applications and I would say's probably one of the most popular.
Speaker 1: I'm actually hating that because I changed inserts in my shoes and now my planner's fashalitis is back on my left foot. Yeah, so I got to come back in. It's like hammer my foot. But that's it's not a hammer, folks. It's well, it feels like a hammer when you're doing it on the back of your heel. But there's all kinds of massage. Yeah, there's all kinds of different That's one of the things I just go in and say, okay, here's what's wrong with me, and how do you fix it? Like, honestly, that's kind of what I do, And generally speaking, there's some kind of answer, and sometimes it's just go see doctor Cook, the chiropractor, who's amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing staff at Downtown Healthcare. Everybody is amazing that you work with. They're all I feel like they're the best at what they do.
Speaker 3: We think, so, I mean, that's definitely our aim. I think that what's unique about are our staff is the way they all collaborate on things. And so if a patient does come in and says, hey, this is what's going on with me, what should I do? You've got a ton of mind share there to sort of come up with a collaborative solution where we can kind of address a problem from multiple angles.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are asking still asking about insurance. So can we clarify by saying some insurances cover some parts of this? But I can't answer a blanket question on the air because it really varies by what you're having done and what your insurance company is. That's accurate, right.
Speaker 4: That's accurate. I mean insurance right now doesn't cover regenerative medicine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it does cover the potentially could cover the rehab part of it.
Speaker 4: It does cover a lot of the other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I think the important thing to understand is that where we see other places fail at doing this is because they just do a regenerative treatment and they don't do anything else, right, And what we've learned over the years of doing this is that there's some rehabilitation, some pt that we need to do to help strengthen or stretch out the area properly so.
Speaker 1: You don't come out there again, exactly right. One more question that I wanted to get in here before we go, Please consider opening an office in northern Colorado. No, not until they open an office near me. So just they have a beautiful by the way office and Lowry, let's let's address that one more time. Why you went from downtowns Healthcare to regen Revolution. I wanted to get that in today.
Speaker 3: Well, part of the reason is that we opened a second location outside of downtown during COVID, So at that time we started investigating and exploring, you know, just.
Speaker 4: A rebranding and renaming.
Speaker 3: Then Downtown really did not make the recovery we were all hoping for after COVID and you know, our lease was up downtown and we decided not to renew our lease immediately, and so we consolidated operations to our Lowery office.
Speaker 4: While we're kind of figuring out, and.
Speaker 1: Let me just say, the Lowry office has lots of parking. In the parking, it's easy to get to. There's no one urinating on the.
Speaker 4: Side on the sidewalk it and stuff around.
Speaker 1: It is a delay. A lot of people are asking me specific questions about specific injuries like this. One says, I separated my shoulder. Am I a good candidate? Get the free console? Like, yeah, just come in and let us take a look. Yeah, I mean it's not gonna it's free.
Speaker 4: That's what I did.
Speaker 3: And I separated my shoulder. I had a torn rotator cuff. I burst it and babed it for years and then I finally got this treatment.
Speaker 4: Now it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can tell you this. If you have a you know, if you have a shoulder, elbow, hand, wrists hip, knee, ankle, foot issue, spine issue, We've seen it all. Or your hair is falling out, or if your hair's falling out, or you know.
Speaker 1: Or your pee when you laughed. Whatever it is you, they can handle all that.
Speaker 2: We do a free consultation when they're referred by you, Mandy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So basically it doesn't hurt to get you know, it's just gonna cost you a little time to find out if we can help you.
Speaker 1: And it's it's really I mean, I say all the time, like you guys are better than Humpty Dumpty's men because you've put me and now Chuck back together again like big time. So I mean, you've for me, it's been great, But for him it's it's been miraculous.
Speaker 4: He was a skeptic to oh my god.
Speaker 1: For how many years?
Speaker 4: So many years We're always like, why don't you come in? Oh, I've got my doctors, I've got my people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got my people, I got my worthrow, I got surgery, I got I got drugs. And now he's he's a true believer. So you guys really made an impact on his life, like huge. Cannot even begin to talk about how much of an impact you've made. I was at Regen today getting both knees done. Past ninety days. Everybody is great, y'all. We're not seen. We're not telling people to text you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you for commenting everyone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you do X rays, Yes, but as a console they have to do that, that's sure.
Speaker 4: We don't treat people without doing that.
Speaker 1: Three oh three two nine ninety two. It's a joy to see both of you today. Thank you for coming in. We appreciate you. Thanks for having regen. Revolution is where you want to go. If you want to feel better, I swear you just just go and find out if they can help you, because they're they've they've saved me.