Speaker 1: I'm Jacob by Donovan and welcome to a Discovery Mountain podcast.
Speaker 2: This is Jake's take an podcast.
Speaker 1: You can trust.
Speaker 2: Our guests today our Harold Peabody and Natalia Lee.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Oodcast.
Speaker 3: Chapelain, Jake, do I have to do this?
Speaker 2: You don't have to, Harold, but I think you'll be glad you did.
Speaker 4: What are you afraid of? Harold Peabody?
Speaker 3: Afraid nothing? Now?
Speaker 1: Hold on? You do?
Speaker 2: I told you we'd solve this thing on the Oodcast.
Speaker 4: There's nothing to solve, is there? There was a test answer sheet under Harold's desk. Everyone saw it.
Speaker 3: Natalia, how do you even know? You're in like kindergarten?
Speaker 4: I'm in second grade? Same thing, Harold Peabody, It's not the same thing you, you.
Speaker 3: Test cheater, Natalia Lee? How dare you accuse me of cheating? I'm an honest person and I wouldn't do that, Harold.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Natalia, quit making Harold missus O'Leary's cow.
Speaker 4: I wasn't. Huh what does that even mean? Chaplain Jake?
Speaker 3: So now we're calling me a test cheater and a cow. I'm done, herold.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not calling you a cow. Natalie is accusing you of something really serious, taking an answer key to a test.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it right.
Speaker 2: You maintain your innocence just like missus O'Leary's cow.
Speaker 3: I'm very confused and still upset.
Speaker 4: Story Time, Chaplin, Jake, this isn't kindergarten and we're not in the mood for a story.
Speaker 2: Oh listen to this one. It'll make perfect sense at the end.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean it gets me away from everyone who's looking at me funny thinking I'm a cheater thanks to Natalia.
Speaker 4: I heard my mom say they found it under your desk, Harold.
Speaker 1: But Storytime, listen.
Speaker 2: Ever been to Chicago?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: No, but I want to see the bean sculpture there.
Speaker 2: Well, Chicago is a beautiful city today, but back in eighteen seventy one, it was almost destroyed how by a fire on the night of October eighth. The fire started, it was windy.
Speaker 3: Isn't Chicago called the windy City?
Speaker 4: Everyone knows that, Harold.
Speaker 1: Well, the city share lived up to it's nickname that night, because the fire spread quickly and burned for three days.
Speaker 3: WHOA, that's a long time yep.
Speaker 2: Three point three square miles of the city were destroyed.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: No, people's homes burned down.
Speaker 2: They did, and the fire left about one hundred thousand people without homes.
Speaker 3: That's terrible, it was.
Speaker 2: And even more terrible, three hundred people died.
Speaker 4: Died. Ooh, that was a bad fire.
Speaker 3: It sure was. How'd it start?
Speaker 2: It started in Missus O'Leary's barn.
Speaker 4: Missus O'Leary.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And in the days after the fire, a reporter from the Chicago Tribune made up a story.
Speaker 3: Reporters are supposed to make up stories. They're supposed to report the facts.
Speaker 2: Right, But this reporter didn't follow that. He wrote the fire started when Missus O'Leary's cow kicked over a lamb and while.
Speaker 4: Being milked Missus O'Leary's cow.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: The reporter admitted years later that he'd made the whole thing up. It didn't matter by then, because you see, everyone had heard the story and he believed it.
Speaker 3: So what really happened. How'd the fire actually start?
Speaker 2: Well, nobody knows for sure. It might have been a chimney spark that set some hay on fire. Maybe a neighbor's carelessness.
Speaker 4: Poor Missus O'Leary.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, In needy people made up songs about her and her cow, blaming them for starting the terrible fire.
Speaker 4: That's not nice.
Speaker 2: M mmm, sure isn't. Missus O'Leary lived the rest of her life away from everybody. Everyone else believed the reporter story even though it wasn't true.
Speaker 4: Ah, I get it. So he took one piece of information and added to it exactly, Harold, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you a cow.
Speaker 3: Thanks. And by that, I guess you mean he didn't mean to say I cheated on a test.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there could be another reason that test answer key was under your I guess a reason like this.
Speaker 3: Read it a text for miss Holt. Hey is this a teacher group chat? What all do you guys talk about?
Speaker 2: Never mind that Natalia read the message for miss Holt.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey, y'all, I figured out what happened. I dropped my test answer key in class and it must have slid under Harold's desk. He's innocent, as his greade on the test clearly proves. And then Miss Natasha replied with a laughing face in moji and and.
Speaker 2: That's enough of reading the teacher group chat. So Natalia, would you think.
Speaker 4: Harold, you're innocent. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, and I told you I was.
Speaker 4: I was being like the reporter. I have to make it right.
Speaker 2: Do you want to make an announcement, Natalia, we can ask DS if that's.
Speaker 4: Okay, definitely, I'll go right now.
Speaker 3: I'll go with you, just to make sure you say it right.
Speaker 4: I'll apologize, Harold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'll make sure you don't call me a cow.
Speaker 1: Fine, come on, book you guys.
Speaker 2: The podcast, Well, listeners, my story really helped. Have you ever been in a situation like this. There's a verse about this in the Book of Proverbs. Let me read it for you to close.
Speaker 1: Since my guests have left me. It says, for lack of.
Speaker 2: Wood, the fire goes out, and where there's no whisper, quarreling ceases. That's Proverbs twenty six, verse twenty. So if you hear something, don't add wood to the fire. Find the truth before you spread a lie. Lies can spread faster than fire.
Speaker 3: Hey chaplain Jake, Oh, Harold, Yeah, thanks for helping me.
Speaker 1: We're welcome, and that's our show for today. I'm Jacob P. Donathan and you've been listening to Jake's take an podcast You Can Trust, recorded at the Discovery Mountain Academy Studios. Discovery Mountain is a listener supported program brought to you by the Voice of Prophecy. You can give at Discoverymountain dot com.