Speaker 1: And putting the information that you provide together. And so when you talk to a provider, hopefully that provider's not seeing so many patients that they cannot give you time beyond that appointment. They brain time because you want to take advantage of that education that they have, those years of education and experience.
Speaker 2: Doctor Williams will give you a lot of time and a lot of access to the doctor with this, since we have a finite number of patients that you'll see your doctor. Visit may take you a half hour to forty five minutes someplace, but you might only see the doctor for five minutes.
Speaker 3: When you come in, you'll be the only patient there.
Speaker 4: That's what I try to do and it's very one on one and you're going to get When she says direct, she means direct because you're going to get the information you need. She's going to get the information she needs, and together you're going to work on a plan to make the best possible you go. That is the goal and that's the way it works, and it works. Uppartings. Tell them where we can find your website.
Speaker 1: We're at Midclub dot Clinic. We're also located on Washington Boulevard in twenty three oh one Southeast Washington Boulevard, which is Highway seventy five, and we're located across the street from Jimmy Z.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to one Onlombler Professional, a paid presentation at fourteen hundred K one.
Speaker 6: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. And we've got our ladies in here today from the Pilot Club.
Speaker 7: Your name Marty Laupin and Pat Hurd, and welcome aboard.
Speaker 3: We're talking about fun you know, the Pilot Club. Tell us a little bit about it.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, the Pilot Club has been in existence for over one hundred years.
Speaker 3: That's a good start.
Speaker 7: It was started on the Mississippi River with a pilot. But it's not the plane pilots, it's the river boat pilots, and so we get that question all the time. It's one of the fun ones. But we're basically a service organization that we did all kinds of service all over our communities originally, and then we kind of morphed into more recently brain related disorders and that's pretty much our focus as of today.
Speaker 3: Well, that's great.
Speaker 6: That's great because you know, they're finding out a lot of things about the Noga in different ways that we can treat things that we couldn't treat a long time ago, even five years ago. Oh yeah, so it's amazing. Now we're going to have a fundraiser. And you like to put the fun in fundraising, don't you, Yeah.
Speaker 8: We want to have a lot of fun. So we're having a fundraiser on October eleventh from six to eight at Sooner Junior And it's only four dollars a person, and if you have a family of five or more, it's only twenty dollars. And the best part is you get to play mini golf and you get to have free ice cream and free brownies after your golf thing. Although, oh yeah, trophy is a good time and it all goes The proceeds go to many organizations that we as a Green Country Pilot Club support. We support like Elder Care, Paths to Independence, Martha's Test, the Lighthouse in Kasa, Hispania is the ones that we've been supporting. And we have many many things that we do, many pick me ups for many many organizations, and pick me ups are like you know, just a a way to say we see you, we see what you do, and we make good bags and just recently we did goodie bags for the bus drivers they love and they loved it. They were hugging us and I mean it's nothing huge, but it's just something that shows that we think about Yeah. I want them to know that we're thinking about them and we do a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Really that is that is really cool.
Speaker 6: You know, the heroes trust your kids right every day a right, so.
Speaker 3: For somebody to say thank you.
Speaker 8: That's pretty Yeah, they were really I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 7: Think anybody do that did that for them before.
Speaker 8: It's a lot of fun. They were hugging us. It was real sweet. And we've done it for teachers and emergency people.
Speaker 7: Police, firemen, now, nurserysponders.
Speaker 8: Nursing home, nursing journey home, just any kind of caregivers because that's the other area that we focus on, is is uh individuals that you know take care of their family members or loved ones or even just at nursing homes that take care of our family members.
Speaker 3: These these are the people who take care of.
Speaker 8: Us, right right, right, So we want to help them. We want to let them know that we know who they are and we focus on them.
Speaker 6: Well, that is really wonderful and really powerful your organization.
Speaker 3: It's a little bright star here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I love I love it. I love pilot I've been in there since two thousand and five.
Speaker 7: Marty Gosh, nineteen eighty four. I think it was getting start somewhere around there. Yeah, I'm just getting started.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but this really sounds like a lot of fun. So the Green Country Pilot Club, Now this is coming up on October eleventh. You know when you pick the middle of the month of October, you know you're you're shooting for great weather.
Speaker 3: I hope, so hope.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure we have our thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll talk to old Travis.
Speaker 8: Okay, that'd be good to Trasmarts make check it out.
Speaker 3: Yes, make sure people on makes the weather. He just records the people think he makes it.
Speaker 6: Anyway, we're gonna we're gonna see if we can't pull this into really one for the books. So this is going to be just four dollars for a person and a family over five, just it's twenty bucks free ice cream and brownies after you finished golfing, and this all goes to support a variety of different causes caused a spaniel, the lighthouse, aren't this, task pad, standependent, eldercare. These are all names that everyone is familiar with here in our community, right, right, it's probably you've had, you know, some sort of relationship in one way, shape or form or another, with them, right.
Speaker 8: We sure have. We had a great time just recently. Martin knows a lot about this, about the Hoover that we did. Let's do that.
Speaker 7: That was so cool.
Speaker 3: That was Mary. Yeah, Delie.
Speaker 7: Of one of my friends, was her daughters the principal there, and so we had a very close contact and she because of our focus was special needs. She has a lot of special needs kids, and so we have a helmet project and we buy helmets for those kids in need. And so we worked out. We also have a program called brain Minders, and brain Minders is a group of puppets and these puppets go to school and they visit with the kids and the kids they teach the kids on safety issues, health issues. So the puppets talk, we talk, we read stories to them, we communicate. Well, we started out doing that for a couple of days and then at the end we had the best part. We had the bike rodeo. It was very good. We went out in the parking lot, cleared off the parking lot of cars, and then we proceeded to play.
Speaker 8: Pat youmail them, so you were part of that. We're pretty active with the scouting show. We've always Duncot scouts, so we did a lot of stuff. We did like the little four square and oh gosh, bowling thing, Oh the hula hoop thing where they went through, oh the little cones and had to go through those as quick as they could. We had where they had to pitch the little ball in the hole and get a pink candy, and just all kinds of different areas. And then we had the fire. The fire came out and that was awesome. The kids loved that. We had about fifty fifty or sixty kids, it was close to that. Yeah, And so each one of those got a helmet and they got also a little goodie bag with all kinds of stuff in it, and they got to wear their helmets in the hallway. They thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 7: So the best part was the coloring page because I got a note from the principal's mom later who was subbing that day and she said, oh my gosh, the kids had their coloring page and they were show walking up and down the hallway with their helmets on, showing everybody their coloring page and how they'd done. They had a ball.
Speaker 8: It's too cool.
Speaker 6: That is engagement. Yeah, the hill to that that's going to stick with them forever.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 8: And that was something where I really am so proud that our organization did that because those kids loved it, and we also read to them. We would after we did the Little Brian Minders, we would have teachers. My sister is a teacher and Marty Porson. Yeah, but they would go in and read to the kiddos and and they loved it. They just absolutely loved it. So and we teach things like when the thunder roars go indoors, trying to teach them all these safety tricks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well you remember when it rhymes. It fun for us. That's what you want to do, oh man.
Speaker 6: So once again, our big event coming up here for the entire family, and if you want to just do this individually is on October eleventh as Sooner Junior. That's out there at the Sooner Park at on Madison on Madison a tuxedo there, and.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: But I tell you what, the folks who take care of the mini golf, they put in some nice extras over the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've been out there.
Speaker 6: You're going to be a surprise, plus a tasty treat at the end with the free ice cream and the brownies after you've finished golfing. And we're going to raise money for about half a dozen or so groups that we pick out, elder Care Pats to the Independent, It's Martha's to Ask Lighthouse in Cossack, Espania.
Speaker 3: You ladies keep busy, don't you.
Speaker 8: We do. We're very busy.
Speaker 7: We've been, especially when I learned that we have over five hundred nonprofits in our community alone, which is astronomical in my opinion. So we have a lot of groups to reach out to and help, and so we try to divvy up every year and work with as many groups as we possibly.
Speaker 8: That's why we do these, and then we also do the pick me ups to other groups that you know that we don't that we can't actually get funds to, but we try to do something for them, just to show that we know and we see in them and we see the work they do.
Speaker 6: Can anybody be a pilot or do you have to have a secret handshake?
Speaker 3: How work?
Speaker 7: Everybody needs secret?
Speaker 8: But no, for anyone can be a pilot. We actually beat on the first Tuesday for our business meeting of the month at noon at Bambinos. And it's a it's a great organization. Anyone can be in it as nobody's you know, special, just if you want to do things for the community and and and be a service organization. And it's a real close group. We're very close knit group. So it's wonderful to join because not only do you get to do that, but you get to develop deep friendships that you know you can count on these people if something happens.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that really sounds good.
Speaker 6: Do you have like a Facebook page or a website where folks can kind of see what.
Speaker 3: You're up to.
Speaker 8: Yes, we do. It's called Green Country Pilot Club and Grace handles that, so it's right and she does a great job. So so yeah, she's done wonders for us there she has.
Speaker 7: She has enthusiastic and gets with it and it's a very good community resource.
Speaker 3: Herself.
Speaker 8: Were very fortunate that she managed to get her in our group.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so well, you can stand to have a couple more folks by helping out.
Speaker 3: Imagine.
Speaker 8: All right, we have about eighteen members right now, but we love to have. Like I said, you know, it's a great organization. It's a fun it's a fun organization. And you can tell her you.
Speaker 3: Two came in here and.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm going to watch you had that smile going on here, and I'm going we could be up to something here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I learned it, well, I did.
Speaker 8: We had a lot of fun together, that's true, very.
Speaker 3: Very oh man.
Speaker 6: It has been such a delight having you two in here today, and I really thank you for dropping by here, and folks, I want you to drop by sooner Junior and get signed up here, or you can check them out on their Facebook page and find out some more information. I mean, it's a round minuture golf for four dollars per person.
Speaker 3: Family's over five.
Speaker 6: It's just twenty three ice cream brownies after you finish, and we're going to set the proceeds up to some very very very worthy causes. Courtesy of the Green Country Pilot