Speaker 1: Tuesday edition of the show. I'm your host for the next three hours, Mandy Coddle. I'm joined today in the control room by Zach Seegers in for A Rod, who is at the super Bowl right now. Now you can hit that air horn. Yeah, I'm excited to be here. Thanks again. Yes, A Rod will be on the show a little bit later. But we've had a lot of stuff to talk about. Oh crime, Andy, hang on, my computer just did something weird. We've got a lot of stuff to talk about, so let's jump to the blog, which you can easily find by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Once you get to the AAA page, you can look for latest posts. If you go later in the day to look at the blog, you're gonna have to scroll over a little bit because we also upload all the podcasts on the latest post scroll which I hate, but they didn't ask me. So you got to go to the latest posts and look for the headline that says two four twenty four blog AI avatars and Canada and Mexico Cave. Click on that, and here are the headlines you will find within as.
Speaker 2: Listening office atlin ergon all with ships and climmas and say that's a press plan.
Speaker 1: Today on the blog, our Futurist is talking avatars about that swastika window? Can you sure of the music down to say here? Yeah? Both Canada and Mexico crumble? What are the values of Colorado? Representative Crow Denversity Council didn't override Johnston's veto this King super strike already feels different. Adam Frisch is deied out of the DNC race. A challenger has declared for the eighth Congressional district. Senator Faith Winters apologizes. Joe Biden gets an agent financial advice from people who made mistakes. Johnston supporters madd he's not fixing homelessness. This washbark shooter doesn't seem very stable. Democrats lose their minds over USA and El Paso. Democratic ad Vice chair urges violence. Jimmy Sangenberger beats the dead horse. Wikipedia bands conservative sources one of my guilty pleasure Internet things. Time to play for the Greeley Stampede, y'all, Buffy is coming back. The Fantastic Four is back. That time Robin Williams was on Whose line is it anyway? And just like that the first transaction actress gets shoved aside is the Department of Education on the way out, pets doing dumb stuff people tweet about, and now British kids try American serial one more. AOC says Elon Musk is stupid. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. And yes indeed, my friends, Yes indeed. And I'm just gonna start the show by playing this snippet. Can I have my audio please zact for my computer. I just want you to hear Representative Alexandria Acossio Cortes, who before getting elected to Congress was a bartender. Now there's nothing wrong with bartending. I paid my way through college as a bartender. But it's not like she had some great career doing important things before she got into Congress. But listen to what she has to say about Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: The suit is probably one of the most unintelligent billionaires I have ever met or seen our witness, which you know, you can probably even glean that from watching these people on TV.
Speaker 1: Anyways, all anyways, she says, which is grammatically incorrect. After she talks about Elon Musk being an unintelligent millionaire. But I'll let her finish.
Speaker 3: That is to say, is that they don't do their homework. Clearly like they're putting nineteen year olds in at the Treasury.
Speaker 4: This suit is not smart, and.
Speaker 3: The danger is not in the lack of intelligence and the lack of expertise that Elon has. I mean, the skuy is one of the most morally vacant but also.
Speaker 5: Just least knowledgeable about.
Speaker 3: These systems that we really know of.
Speaker 1: Now. My question is isn't that what we signed up for? By the way, one of the nineteen year olds that she's disparaging created an AI computer program that was able to take severely burned ancient scrolls from Pompeii. You remember the volcano and Pompey. You've heard about this. So they had they found these ancient scrolls and they were burned so badly that they could not in any way, shape or form unroll them. So using an AI program, this nineteen year old that she says is not intelligent enough to manage the federal government stuff that he's doing now, actually came up with a computer program that, using a CT scan of the scrolls, used an AI program that actually sort of digitally unrolled them so they could be read for the first time. And former bartender Alexandria Acossio Cortes is disparaging this young man's intelligence because he is only nineteen. Kind of rich from someone who got into Congress when she was barely out of college. Just mearely, you guys, what's happening right now watching the left wing meltdown over USAAID. USAID is an organization that was supposed to fund programs in developing nations around the world to help them become more than a developing nation. Right in theory. In theory, it sounds great, right, it sounds like, you know what, what if we went into these African countries and we set up clean water systems and we help people have access to a decent amount of medical care and things like that. USAID, if it was just doing that, nobody would talking about getting rid of it. But what they've done instead is become a basically a slush fund for mostly left wing causes, not all left wing causes, but mostly left wing causes. And some of the stuff that our tech, my tax dollars, Zach's tax dollars went for is insane. I'm sure you've heard about the Peruvian trans comic book that we paid for, or the thirty nine thousand dollars we invested in an opera about gay people in some other country. I mean, the lists that we're starting to see of the things that they have funded has gone well beyond anything that any American would go. Yeah, I think my money should go for that, But because it is a slush fund for left wing causes and left wing people. By the way USAID's budget, a vast majority of it is just salaries and entertainment, not a vast majority of about fifty five sixty percent. That was the last number I saw yesterday. We can absolutely do without this organization with no problem. It's Zach, are you gonna be up to find out that we're not funding any more comic books for trans people?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: That seems Uh, that doesn't seem it seems absurd, doesn't. Yeah, it seems absurd, And yet we've been we've been doing that, but they're freaking the blank out. I did not. I almost say it. I I almost started, but I didn't. I didn't. So, Uh, it's been it's been fascinating to see just how reliant on the federal government all of these left wingers are Now I've already known this, You've already known this, but the fact that so many people at the local level are freaking out about this, of all things, you guys, I just want to make sure everybody in this listening audience understands. Inflation occurs because the Federal Reserve, in an effort to allow the federal government to keep barring way more money and spending way more money than they're bringing in, they just flood the market with new currency, and in doing so, they dilute the value of your dollar. Right, I saw I had I actually I retweeted it on x Thomas Massey explaining the concept of dilution, and he took a glass of iced tea, and then he took a picture of water, and he poured the water into the half glass of iced tea and he said, look, you can now see it's diluted. When you add more money to the circulation of money, every dollar has less value. So we are seeing prices still twenty percent higher than they were a few years ago. So we could pay for a comic book for trans people in Peru.
Speaker 4: That's how I.
Speaker 1: Want you to think about this stuff. This isn't an abstract number. This is not an abstract bit of spending. This isn't some kind of you know, hard to understand thing. We have a crisis with our budget. We have a crisis with our debt, We have a crisis with our ongoing massive spending that we have no business making. And for everybody who says it, ll EUS eight is less than one percent of the total federal budget. It's such a drop in the bucket situation. You know what, one percent plus one percent plus one percent and pretty soon you're talking serious money. So don't give me the l It's so small. We should be worried about it. We should be worried about all of it. And the fact that there are a bunch of young guys who are some of the best programmers in the world who are trying to make the federal government more efficient and more effective. I am down with it, Mark me down. And Alexandria A. Cassio Cortes has has a lot of cojones to talk about how they don't have enough experience. She's in freaking Congress, and she's an idiot talk about lack of experience for the job. But shit, doesn't this tell you everything you need to know about these organizations. Doesn't it tell you that we can absolutely live without it? Doesn't it tell you? And you, guys, we haven't begun to see the effect of these sort of slash and burn tactics. I just saw on x that a thousand people at the EPA were told that they were being let go, But I don't know if that's fact or not. I just saw one tweet, and I don't know if that's accurate because the show started and I couldn't look it up. So all of these cuts, everything that's happening right now signals to the rest of the world that the United States of America is finally serious about spending and that here's what happens after that. People look at our debt, the debt that we still have to buy because we've still got this massive budget deficit. We look at that, and all of a sudden, people investors say, well, maybe their debt is okay, maybe their treasury bonds are all right. And as soon as treasury brond yields dip, that means mortgage rates dip. And I'm telling you right now, the housing market is primed for an explosion because everybody's sitting on the sidelines waiting for interest rates to go down. I'm just gonna say it again, if you are ready to buy a house, do not wait until interest rates go down, because it's gonna be a feeding frenzy out there and you're gonna end up getting into bidding wars for houses that you could have bought for seventy five thousand dollars less if you had just bought them. Now, buy the house, marry the house, date the rate. It's an old adage, but it's very true. I fully believe that when these things happen, when the market starts to respond to the kind of cuts that we are seeing now, And granted they're insignificant in the total picture, but they are cuts. They're real, live government cuts, which is something I've never seen in my lifetime. Whenever they talk about quote, cutting the budget, they don't cut the budget. They may cut the amount that the budget increases, they don't ever cut the budget. They never have a smaller number the next year than they had the year before. And all the politicians like to walk around and go, oh, we had to and we're seeing it in Colorado right now. Colorado is poor, mouthing everywhere right now. Oh, because of tabor, and because of this, we're gonna have to cut We're slashing the budget. We have to save six hundred and eighty five million dollars. We don't know what we're gonna do. You know what? They in Colorado at least effectively dropped our oil and gas production thirty percent. That means the tax revenues from oil and gas, one of our most productive industries when it comes to tax revenue, is cut by thirty percent. Now you're gonna turn around, tell me it's my fault and I have to make it the difference. No thank you, no thank you. Are borrowing along with the inflation is a tax on the poor. It's a tax on everyone. Inflation is the hidden tax. That's the reality. So when you see all of these people apoplectic about cutting aid for people around the world that none of us would think was worthy. And by the way, don't even get me started on the corruption. Okay, there is a woman on x and I've got to find her page really quickly because I want to give you her name. I just started following her and all she does is crunch spreadsheets and go through all of these pseudo government organizations. It's called data Republican, meaning data data Republican all one word, and all she does is crunch the numbers of federal government spending. I just saw one about grants to night Roby that went through right before Biden left office. Do we even know where that money is going? No offense is to the African continent. But if you want to see where they're as a general rule has so much corruption in it and we're just shoveling money at them. I did see a very interesting response video on x as well from a young African woman who said, you guys say you want to break the shackles of colonialism, then why are you freaking out when the white man isn't giving us more money? And I was like, that's kind of a good point there, young lady. She pointed out that the money rarely goes to the services that it's promised to. It gets caught up in the bureaucracy and the corruption and skimmed off the top, and it never actually gets to the people that it's supposed to get to. And do you think the USAID organization is checking that? No? No, Once they give the money away, it's gone because they get to be Santa Claus. I mean, wouldn't you love a job where your job was to give away money? Sign me up. Oh wait, even better, I'm giving away somebody else's money. Heck yeah, I'm in one hundred percent. So it is Uh, it is just fascinating to watch everybody lose their minds. I guess a bunch of Democrats showed up at the USAID office, where they are not allowed to be because they were told to stay out of the office, and decided to storm the building. I've got it now. Yeah, they broke into the building without permission. Yeah, they're breaking in It looks very insurrection y, extremely insurrectiony. I sure hope these people get two to five years in jail for breaking into a building that they didn't have permission to be in. Super insurrection me. I mean, I understand people fighting for their jobs, I get it. But if I were a federal employee working with one of these agencies, I'd already be looking for another job because if it doesn't happen today, it's gonna happen and they're gonna starve you to death. Now, one thing I will say, the Republicans in the House of Representatives better get moving because all of this stuff that Trump is doing, if it's not codified into law, it will all be undone in the next you know, a non Republican presidential cycle, all of it. And so Congress has a lot of work to do, and Congress has a lot of things to get working on. It's going to be challenging to get some of them done. There's some scuttle butt on the street because you know, I love scuttle butt. Scuttle butt on the street about Trump having an executive order that would require the Department of Education head who has not been confirmed yet. He has nominated Linda McMahon and she has not had a confirmation hearing. He is going to order her to come up with a plan to unwind the Department of Education entirely. Everything of value in the Department of Education can be moved to another department. But most of what the Department of Education has done is oversee a massive collapse of our educational system throughout the country where our kids cannot read on grade level, like we're in a third world country. You know, Back when I was a kid in the seventies, we used to have these reports because there was a whole plan called RIFF Reading is Fundamental? Was that gone before you were a kid, Zach, you've ever heard of rith The Reading is Fundamental? So that was the seventies, and we used to get these reports from around the world and you get a report and I'm not even kidding. One of them was like Bolivia. In Bolivia, only twenty percent of Bolivian's are literate. And I don't know if that stat is exactly correct, but it was, you know, it was along those and we would all be like, oh, oh my gosh, that's terrible. Now we are giving Bolivia a run for its money. We're graduating kids from high school that don't even have a basic level of reading comprehension. And that, my friends, is what the Department of Education is overseen. Has there ever been a bigger failure of a department than the Department of Education? I don't think so. So all of this, I get up every morning and I sit down at the computer and I'm like, Okay, Trump, what you do now? And not in a bad way. I'm just saying, what do I have to wrap my head around before noon? Because everything is happening so fast. I'm actually okay with it when we get back. First of all, we have a big day to day. We've got Thomas Frye coming up. He is our futurist. I want you to go to our website though, before Thomas comes on, and check out his two videos. One of them is about the founders of Silicon Valley, Super interesting run the way. I didn't know anything about it at all until I watch this video, and then one about whether robots have the right to defend themselves. But what you're watching in this video is Thomas himself or should I say Thomas not himself. I'll explain when Thomas comes on at one o'clock. When we get back. I have an update from the swastika Windows situation. I got a message back, Zach from the property manager. I will give you an update on that, but it's not gonna be as easy as you think it's going to be. We'll talk about that after this. EPA tells one thousand employees that they may or may not be retained. They may be subject to immediate firing. That email was sent by EPA Mission support official Kimberly Patrick. Notifies impacted employees that they are likely on a probationary or trial period. As a probationary trial period employee, the agency has the right to immediately terminate you. There are fifteen thousand employees in the EPA, and the EPA folks are screaming already, or at least the union leadership is screaming already, and they're basically saying, if you fire these people, we're all going to drink out of lead filled pipes and things of that nature. See. The problem with that argument is that is a legitimate function of the EPA, right to monitor drinking water, legitimate function, and yet they failed at it over and over and over again. And in the meantime, they have over extended their own power so far that they want to come and have say over the puddles that form in your yard. Thankfully that was overturned by the courts, but they have overreached. And this is what all of this is about. I want to read this text message, and I promise I'm gonna give you an update on the Swaska thing. But I got a really good text that I want to respond to. It says Mandy, I don't have a problem with getting rid of USA, the Department of Education, etc. I'm good with cutting most of the federal budgetment, However, what is your take on how it's being done? Seems like a reach for executive branch to go about it in the way they are authoritarian, which I don't want either side to have this much power. This would have been better if they simply did their assessments of the spending now and then tell Congress what bill Trump would be willing to sign, and if they don't listen, he just vetos the spending bill. Would like your analysis on this things. How has that worked out in prior years? And I'm being genuine because I've been alive for fifty five years, and since Ronald Reagan took over in the nineteen eighties, after the period of terrible inflation and gas price and just a real mess of an economy, the debt has been growing at a very quick rate. Well, it really started when Richard Nixon took us off the gold standard, because then once we have fiat currency, we can say it's worth whatever we want, right, so we can spend s Ben's Ben's men's spend and not have to worry about that pesky gold standard. There was really raining us in before that. So since then the debt has exploded, and I've heard Republicans, I've heard them talking for years about we're really going to go at it nuke Kingrich had a little bit of success with Bill Clinton with a Republican Congress where they managed to balance the budget in seven years, and then what happened right after that, We went right back to the drunken monkey spending because the size of government is so large that it's just going to continue feeding itself. One thing I think Donald Trump learned last time is that government per normal is ineffective for what he's trying to do. Now. I've said over and over again, all of this stuff can be undone in the next administration very easily. And the real kicker here about Trump and everybody on the left saying things like he doesn't have the power to do this. Congress over the last forty years has abdicated more or abdicated more and more of their responsibilities to the president. They've given the president's much more power, mostly when the Democratic presidents were in power. Well, guess what, you don't get to pick all the time who's president. And guess what, Now there's a guy you don't like wielding all of that power that Congress ceded to the office of the President of the United States, and he's damn sure going to use it. I think that he looked at the landscape of DC and how business is done, and decided that the best play was shock and awe to do as much as he could and then see what sticks, see what Congress has the stones to get passed. So I wish there was another way. I wish, like you, that we could have had a slow and normal conversation like you know you have about your budget at home. I wish we could have done all of that. I wish we could have been doing that all along. But unfortunately, the members of Congress are so invested in making sure that their districts get the gravy and that their donors get paybacks that there's no real will in Congress to reign and spending. And the only way to do it significantly is to slash and burn the size of government, and that's what Trump is doing.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: There's going to be a florry of lawsuits at some point. There's going to be all kinds of you know, courts are going to be hearing stuff left and right. But at least some of it is going to get through. I think that's why he's doing so much so fast, because there's too many there's too many like front lines to defend right now if you're the Democratic Party, which is why I find it fascinating that they have chosen us eight as they're hill to die on. That's out of everything that's been passed, out of every executive order that's gone down, that's the one they're the most salty about. Doesn't that strike you as odd? Struck me as odd? So yeah, I like you text her. I wish there was a better way to do it, but I don't see one, So we shall see, Mandy. Ideally the results will be indisputable, so it won't all get undone, Mandy. Executive orders now, then have Congress codify it. That's what has to happen. All of this, and I'll call an executive order. It's like a pie crest promise, easily made, easily broken. That's what executive orders are. They're four years. They have a four year shelf life, or if they pass them in the middle of their administry, you know what I'm saying, they have an end date. So yeah, Mandy, you really think Trump is behind any of this. You give him way too much credit. He just wants the office, so it's fine he lied about Project twenty twenty five. You text her are about as bright as Alexandria Cossio Cortez right now, because Alexandria Cossio Cortez calling Elon Musk the most unintelligent billionaire she's ever seen is patently absurd. When you look at the track record, and I think people like you, Texter, you underestimate how smart Donald Trump is. He did not become Donald Trump by not being incredibly smart, being able to read the room, and I think that a lot of these things he has.
Speaker 4: Talked about for years.
Speaker 1: So yeah, sorry about that. But if usingk Trump is stupid or just in there to be in the office, you're mistaking him with Joe Biden, who literally was just like a paperweight in the Oval office right didn't even know half the time where he was. But Donald Trump, I mean, you can say you don't like him, You can say that he has has many, many moral failings, and that would be fine. But to say he's not bright enough to drive these policies directives forward, you're doing yourself a disservice, and it just goes to show that. And I don't know if this person who's texting as a Democrat, I don't know, but this is what Democrats say about every Republican who's beating them.
Speaker 4: They said it.
Speaker 1: About George W. Bush, they said it about Ronald Reagan, they said it about Donald J. Trump, who came back and whooped their asses in twenty twenty four, didn't He sucks to lose to a dumb guy. But here we are. Do not underestimate the intelligence of Donald Trump. Do not underestimate the intelligence of Elon must That's for AOC to say that he's on intelligence. It's just so stupid and patently absurd. I mean, come on, the guy has started how many companies that have been literally game changing for the world. But whatever, AOC, I'm sure you're right. Okay, let me get into this Swasta windows story that we talked about yesterday. So there's a building at Congress Park. It's at Colfax and Josephine, And if few weeks ago there was a news story because so many a tenant had put a swastika in one of the windows in the upstairs apartment, and someone throw a rock through the window and before he can even fix that window, Homewood puts a swastika up in a window right next to it. Now, yesterday we were talking about this and I asked a very simple question. I was like, who owns the window, because seems to me that they would be able to do something about it. Well, excellent producer Zach got onto it. He found the property manager. He reached out to them yesterday. They emailed me a response this morning, and I'll tell you what they said when I get back. Talking about the building in Congress Park where someone put a swastika looks like it's made out of tape on one of the windows upstairs, Well, the neighbors did not take too kindly to that. And lo and behold, somebody bust to maicate it said window with a rock or a brick or something. Window remains broken, covered up with a plywood board, and uh, Saint Tenant's throws up another swastika on one of the windows. So I had Zach trucked down the property manager of the building, and this is what they had to say. We are aware of a resident displaying a hateful symbol in their window, which violates our least agreement. This symbol is unacceptable and has no place in our community. We are working with law enforcement to address this situation and remove the resident from the property. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination or hate speech. We are doing all we can legally to address this matter and appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. So the problem here, and I've reached out to a law firm that handles addctions in Colorado. Them here as I see it is that it is exceedingly hard to evict someone for being an a hole. I mean, Colorado's made it really challenging. So we're going to try and get this law firm on tomorrow to get more information. But if you live in that neighborhood, the property manager is ware and they are trying to take care of it, but of course they have to work through the Colorado eviction process, which can take up to six months. So yeah, that's the fun of being a landlord. Your renter can just stop paying and it takes forever to get them out, forever in a day to get them out. So that is the latest on that. But you know, here's the thing, Like what somebody emailed me and said, look on Reddit or next door. I can't remember which one. Somebody said, this guy is crazy. He's like I want to be Nazi. Uh you know, and he's nuts. But when you rent you you better like check yourself. Zach, you're still in the renter phase of life. I'm guessing right, you're a young man. Yes, let me give you a little piece of advice.
Speaker 4: Don't get a.
Speaker 1: Dog on the aggressive breed list. Number one, because it is impossible to find. I had a chow shepherd mix. Do you have any idea what a bad choice that was when I got the dog before the aggressive breed list started being added to Lisa's and it became an unmitigated nightmare just to find a place to live with my dog. So, uh yeah, it was. It was because the chow and a shepherd both on the aggressive dog breedlist, And so number two like, if you find a good landlord, do everything you can to stay there. Be the best tenant ever. We relandscaped a house one time because our landlords were so good. We're like, you know, this kind of looks like crap. Would you mind if we fixed it up? We fixed up the whole front of the house. We'd stay there for like three years. It was great. If you have a good landlord, that's where you want to stay, because there's nothing worse than a bad landlord. And I've had those who, Boy have I had those in various areas over my lifetime. Mandy, good for ross involved responding and promising action. That's the property manager. But are they afraid to name the offense and say the word swastika in their statement? I, you know, I don't think. I wouldn't read too much into that. I really won't, Mandy. I wonder if they can have a trans flag in the window. That flag represents the mutilation of children, not to everyone. And by the way, lots of trans people are adults, and I want to be clear because there's some stuff happening right now where I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable for adult trans people. If you turn eighteen and you want to, you know, have thirty five plastic surgeries to look like a lizard, that is entirely your choice as an adult. I support you in that freedom. I think those are all dumb decisions, but I support you in the freedom to make bad decisions.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: A free society requires that we have to decide that at some point people have to be responsible for their own actions.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: My concern with trans kids is that children do not have the ability to make good choices. That's why we don't let him sign contracts or get face tattoos. Anyway, Mandy, they're gonna have to go after everyone who has anything in their window or its discrimination. I don't know how their lease is written.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is one of the reasons I'm trying to get the eviction attorneys on the show, Mandy. People who have believed it's all stacked in favor of landlords. Has never been one. Oh no, no no, in Colorado. I'm a landlord in Colorado. It's it is. It's so stupid, you guys. If I decide to evict my tenant, and thank god, I have an amazing tenant right now, a young man. I hope he stays there till he dies. Just great kid, perfect tenant, Just great. But if I decide to a victim, I have to pay into a fund so he can tap into that fund to pay for his defense. So now I have to pay for both sides of an eviction. I mean, you guys, what the hell, what the absolute hell? Anyway, Mandy, don't let bad renters know it can take six months to a victim. Oh, trust me, they know one hundred trust me, they absolutely know that. When we get back our futureist, Thomas Frye joins us, and I want you to take a second in the next break, if you have it already, to go to mandy'sblog dot com and right at the front top of the video there are two videos at the top of the blog. There're Thomas Frye videos. I want you to just start them and then look at Thomas Frye, because that's not really Thomas Frye. It's an ar avatar that just happens to look exactly like Thomas Frye. Like, I'm thinking about, how could I make this avatar situation work for me so I could just do less at my job. I'm just kidding. I'm never gonna do less. Maybe the guys a Native American, the swastaka has a lot of differ meanings. The swaska in the Native American culture is reversed. This is not that swastika. And if it was a symbol of peace, why would you put up another one when someone broke your window for the first one. That's not very peaceful. I like your willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But yeah, no, no, we'll be right back with Thomas Frye, said Mandy, just letting you know. The deficit is thirty three to thirty six trillion. No, that's the national debt. The deficit is what we overspend every year, and in twenty twenty four we overspent one point eight trillion dollars. Currently, as of this moment, our national our deficit for this year is eight hundred and thirty six billion dollars. So I mean that's progress, I guess. But the debt is the total number. The deficit is the annual number. So that is where that I just want to clear up in confusion there. And speaking of confusion, if you go to the blog today and you look at either of the extremely interesting videos that my friend Thomas fry put together, you may be confused thinking you're seeing the man in those videos. But it is not the man. It is an avatar of Thomas Frye. And now the real Thomas fry or is it Are you the real Thomas Frye? Am I just talking to an avatar? I can't tell. Thomas. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 5: This today to change the topics that you've been.
Speaker 2: Talking about, and we're going to talk about AI avatars.
Speaker 5: Wow, this is a fun topic.
Speaker 1: What is the explain Let's start at the very beginning, because you know, there's a lot of people in my listening audience like me who are basically Luddites, right, So what is an AI avatar and why would one have one?
Speaker 5: Well, an AI.
Speaker 2: Avatar you can create one of yourself, and you can use other ones that are already made that are in the system, but you can actually create one of yourself so it looks like you, it'll talk like you.
Speaker 5: Same manners and gestures and things.
Speaker 2: And then and then you can use this to create your own videos. So then if this eliminates the need for doing lots of fancy lighting and getting camera guys and editing people up every.
Speaker 5: Time you want to create a video, you can create a video just.
Speaker 2: On your own using your avatar, and all you have to do is feed in the text and the scene changes and stuff, and you can actually produce some pretty interesting videos that way.
Speaker 1: Now, Thomas, you did this with a program called Synthesia, and you told me how much did you spend on this? Because I'm going to make this point here in just a second. How much did you spend on creating your own avatar that you can use to do these videos?
Speaker 2: Two hundred and sixteen dollars and it enables you to create actually three personal avatars if you.
Speaker 1: I was selling Thomas off here that I have a friend who does training courses and she paid a company like four years ago about fifteen thousand dollars to do this very thing, and your avatar is better than hers. I know I shouldn't say that, but if I didn't know you and I, you know, you and I were face to face for these interviews that we do, I could tell it was not you. But if I didn't know you, I'm not sure I would have been able to tell how you. I mean, you have to be pleased with the way it came out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought it. I thought it.
Speaker 2: It's kind of funny because the avatar actually sounds to me more like me than like my kids.
Speaker 5: They'll say it doesn't sound like you at all.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I think it sounds like you very much. I think it very well. Hang on, let's just do this right now. So let me just let me have my audio there. Zach Real quick on my computer.
Speaker 6: I'm a creator is eight the eight people who were the behind the scenes founders of Silicon The story of Silicon Valley starts with the invention of the transistor in nineteen forty.
Speaker 1: I mean, it sounds like you're reading, but it does sound like you, I think, and that was Theari avatar. So what are you using this for? What would a normal person use this for?
Speaker 2: You can use this for training videos, you can use this for promotions. There's just a thousands of things you can do. I mean, if you want to become an influencer on social media, this is a perfect tool to us to do to.
Speaker 1: That well, And that's kind of what I'm looking at. Ask okay here, I'm a personality I hate doing social media videos just I hate it. I don't enjoy being on camera. I never have. And so this for me would be perfect to be able to upload my content which I'd love to share, but not actually have to do hair, makeup and all those other things. I might create an a I'm handy this afternoon. I don't know how long did this process take.
Speaker 2: So it'll have you when you're going to create your own avatar, it'll have you get on camera and then read through a script. You want to make sure you're well lit and you have a good background and everything, or you can just have a green screen behind you if you want, But then it'll have have you read through this script, which is about, I don't know, two and a half three minutes long, and then and then you'll send it in and it takes like a day.
Speaker 5: For them to get it back to you.
Speaker 2: But you can also use your avatar to speak in something like eighty different languages.
Speaker 5: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Actually, wait a minute, so your avatar could actually be smarter than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot smarter and well much more well versed in other languages.
Speaker 1: That actually, I mean, so basically, what you're telling me is that I could take over the entire world, is what you're telling me, because I could translate my thoughts into languages that could be seen and heard all over the world. I mean, why not? Why wouldn't I do that?
Speaker 5: I think you should.
Speaker 1: One thing I will, I will say, Thomas, when I saw this this morning, the entire Hollywood strike that had that happened fairly recently royally became understandable watching this video. Because if Hollywood had the opportunity or the rights to use someone's voice and image in perpetuity like they were asking for, they could create entire masterpieces. I mean, I feel like we'really a few years away before our first AI movie becomes a thing, right, I mean pure AI movie where Thomas Frye is starring in this movie with Mandy Connell, and they'll have us in all these action scenes and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's actually some pretty tight security on this to make sure that you're using your avatar yourself and not somebody else's using it. So there, I think they're pretty cautious about that that thing actually happening. But I mean, this is just one company. There's other companies doing the same thing. I don't know how this ranks. There might be some better ones out there. I tried this one. It seemed easy enough to use, and so.
Speaker 5: I went with it. Each one of these will have.
Speaker 2: A learning curve, and once you learn it, then you want to stick with that company.
Speaker 1: Now, are you able to do videos through this company's synthesia, because I'm thinking, like, imagine if you were a small business owner and you were trying to scale your business, but you want to make sure that your values are being shared with new employees.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: One of the hardest parts of scalability is making sure that new employees know what your vision and your values are all about. If I'm the owner of the company, I don't have time to talk to each individual employee. But if I could go and create a current like today, you know, some sort of current situation that I could bring home to drive home those values, I think there's real there could be a real value in that. So trying to think outside the box on who could use this technology? Now, are you aware, like you mentioned before, it's using for training and stuff like that. Are you aware of people using it for other purposes that maybe seem off the beaten path.
Speaker 5: I'm not aware at the moment.
Speaker 2: But they do have a provision for uploading a PowerPoint presentation into it, so you have that capability. I think you can add your own video in the background. In fact, you can take your avatar off and just have the video playing if you want, And you can have your own narration in the background too.
Speaker 5: So there's lots of capabilities here.
Speaker 2: Now, if you racked up too many minutes, then there's an up.
Speaker 5: Charge for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you probably have to move to another level, But I'm still kind of new finding out all the ways to use this. Well.
Speaker 1: I think it's super cool. And by the way, the videos that you made with it, one about the traitors eight the founders of Silicon Valley. I knew absolutely nothing about the founding of Silicon Valley until this morning when I watched this video and the other one. Should robots have the right to defend themselves? They're great videos? And is this just an opportunity to reach a bigger market for you or a bigger audience that maybe you're not reaching without putting in as much work? Because how long does this kind of video take you versus filming yourself, editing yourself, all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, video like this probably take a couple hours to put together. Now there's a limit. You can't do a video longer than five minutes. I think that's the limit. Anyway, the columns that are right, I've written over five hundred columns throughout the years.
Speaker 5: I can take any one of those columns.
Speaker 2: I can just shrink it down to roughly six hundred words or something like that, and then feed it into this and then I can create a video pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to tell you. I mean, I think this kind of stuff is super cool but also super dangerous because when I see this, I'm thinking to myself, how far away are we from having a major election up ended by a video that is completely fabricated of one candidate where they are saying awful things or they appear to be doing something that's illegal or something along those lines. I mean, how close are we to that kind of a already? It's ai, do you.
Speaker 5: Think, well, we're I think we're already there.
Speaker 2: Uh, you can't do it with this program, but with some of the other ones I've seen. I've seen quite a few videos that have been fabricated, and uh, at this point, it's fairly easy to spot the one set of the bad ones. But that's we're going to across the line where you can't tell me are.
Speaker 1: There any cheap Are there something that we as consumers can look for? They're just going to be so sophisticated, we're not going to be able to tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I don't know. Maybe it comes down to the smell test. I guess, Uh, with a person like that, with that character, or actually say something like that or do something like that.
Speaker 5: I mean push comes.
Speaker 2: To show people will do a lot of really strange things.
Speaker 5: If somebody's trained.
Speaker 2: To harm your family, you're likely to take out a gun and shoot somebody. You would not normally do that. So so what's don't I don't know how to how to actually protect us from something like this.
Speaker 5: I think that's going to be.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a tough issue coming up over the coming years.
Speaker 1: Well, especially because whatever rules you put in place, bad actors are going to ignore them, right, I mean that's pretty much how it goes with anything that you limit. So it's going to be fascinating to watch. And this is happening so fast, Thomas, that you know my point. Four years ago it was fifteen thousand dollars for a mediocre avatar, and now it's two hundred and sixteen dollars for an avatar that looks pretty dang good. So well played, by the way, wording to the Internet, Synthesia is the best best site for AI avatar digital editing. So you are you're starting at the top and going from there, Amandy, this textter said, do you think I would be able to loan my avatar for a movie and get paid for it? That was one of the things that they were trying to sort out in this last Hollywood contract situation. So I don't know the answer to it. I don't know the answer to that at all. We shall see.
Speaker 2: Let me see here, right, go ahead situation where companies will buy.
Speaker 5: Buy an avatar or.
Speaker 2: Partner with you to do presentration training videos, that sort of thing. Oh yeah, that I think would be more likely than Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Instead of I mean, but you know, I guess, oh, that would be great. I would rent out my avatar for training videos. I don't know if you know this, Thomas, and I don't know why you would. My very first paid acting gig, ever, I played a computer chip for IBM in a in an inside instructional video for IBM employees, some of my proudest moments. I made two hundred dollars, which was a lot of money for me at that moment, and I just had to stand and read as if I were a computer chip. So obviously it was the role I was meant to play. Thomas rye uh. One more question. Did you hear about the AI mayor who ran in Cheyenne, Wyoming? Did you hear about this? I did not hear about this.
Speaker 5: Oh, I haven't heard about that one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pull it up right now first aid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on all the news.
Speaker 1: Of it, trust me, Thomas, I know no. Cyanne Wyoming rejected the AI mayor and and actually elected a real uh person. There was a guy, Victor Miller, who said he planned to ride run Cheyenne using chat GPT. So not quite the AI mayor that we're talking about, but definitely something that is probably already happening. I mean chat GPT, These chat clients, they're changing everything. What do you think about this new Chinese chat client? Have you looked at that at all?
Speaker 5: Veep seek?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've been watching that quite closely.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's ready to take over just yet.
Speaker 2: There's there's a few few flaws in some of the programming on it, and it's it's biased quite a bit towards China.
Speaker 1: No way some of the answers, Yeah, no way, just asking about Tanneman Square anyway, We shall see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, huh.
Speaker 1: Thomas Fry can be found at futureist speaker dot com. You really should watch these videos, Thomas. Now you've given me something else to try and learn that I'm not going to be able to some thanks for that.
Speaker 2: I think you'll have it down by the next time we meet. You'll have a down perfect.
Speaker 1: I like your confidence in me, Thomas, for I like your confidence. All right, my friend, I'll see you next month, all right, thank you? All right, thanks Thomas. I mean, you know, maybe i'll see him next month. Maybe he'll just send his avatar. Did you look at these videos? Did you look at him shot? I'm not kidding. I mean I talked to the man once a month, I see him face to face, and these avatars are amazing. I seriously am going, what should my ar avatar do? Like what I mean? Because here's the thing. I would do more social media video, but I just don't like being on camera. I don't like having to film myself because the lighting sucks and I look, you know, my age, which is never good. So if I got an AI avatar and I could just upload AI Mandy stuff, do you think people would think that was cool or dorky or both. By the way, I'd like to think my one cameo client that I got before the Holidays, I wish a gentleman. I'm Mary Christmas on my cameo feed, so I am officially a paid cameo artist. If you'd like me to, I wish you a just go to camp and look at Mandy Connell. Mandy, it's reassuring that a dog can get elected as mayor, but an AI can't. Technically, technically, he wasn't actually an AI mayor. That would be like Max Headroom running for mayor. Now, Zach, did you even get my Max Headroom reference? Do you even know who Max Headroom is?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And then I'm familiar with him also from the famous like Chicago TV takeover a thing that.
Speaker 4: Happened in the eighties or nineties.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm impressed. Max Headroom was probably the original avatar, although he wasn't a high tech like these Mandy. So, in other words, cutting the annual deficit isn't going to pay off the national debt. I guess eventually it will. Eventually it will because as spending goes down, we are continuing to grow. Our economy is still growing, right, So we're not looking at a static piece of pie. We're not looking at a pie where we have the same number every single year that we're gonna deal with. Here's what I think will happen if you can get spending under control. If you can significantly reduce the amount of money that's fed has pumped into the economy, then then you can start to see deficits come down. But it's going to be a long haul before anything happens with our national debt. And by the way, I don't mean to be a negative Nelly. I currently have zero confidence in US not coming to a debt crisis at some point. Zero zero confidence because every massive empire before us has done the exact same thing that we are doing right now, and none of them have been able to avoid the negative repercussions, none of them. Mandy, your AI avatar should chug a bottle of wine after every news story. You know, I don't wanna. I don't wanna. I decided a long time ago that I would never endorse alcohol products because alcohol is very destructive to so many people's lives. So yeah, they won't. Maybe chug some nice fizzy water with a giant bilch at the end of it. Hey, Mandy, I don't know if your avatar would be dorky or not, but it would be not real. I should have missus roper as my avatar says this to No, It's got to be me it's gotta be me. If you keep saying aar avatar, the Colorado Dems will make sure it gets banned. Okay, that's funny, very very funny. AI avatar a I avatar. So we'll see. Maybe I'll make myself an avatar. That seems like a lot of work. Mandy Vanity over fifty is the first sign of sinility. Aged with grace sixty five toll toils listener, I don't believe in aging with grace. I think aging with grace reminds me of old ladies and moo moos with their hairs in a bun. At my age, when I was a kid, fifty five year old women in my hometown all had gray hair, and they all wore it up in the same bun, and they all had sensible shoes in flax. No, Nah, I'm not going out without a fight. I'm just not. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not rushing to have plastic surgery or anything like that. But a lot of the stuff I do at downtowns or redn Revolution has to do with keeping my face looking good. Seriously, when you're in the media, it all feels a little bit different. Trust me, Trust me on that. Okay, we're gonna take a quick time out. When we get back. We got to talk about Canada's capitulation and Donald Trump using tariffs as a bludgeon. We'll do that next. Holy macaroni, what has happened with tariffs? We've got tariffs threatened and everyone fightd out. Did you guys see on Sunday the markets were all like, oh my god, all the futures were way down. It was a disaster. But then my Monday morning, when Mexico was like, oh yeah, we're gonna work with you, the markets were like, eh, eh, it's fine. That being said, I want to share with you what was posted by lame duck Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. You know, I'm not gonna get tired of saying those words lame duck Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. This is what he posted on his X feed. I just had a good call with President Trump. Canada is implementing our one point three billion dollar border plan, reinforcing the border with new shoppers, technology and personnel, enhance coordination with our American partners, and increased resources to stop the flow of Fentinel Nearly ten thousand frontline PEP personnel are and we'll be working on protecting the border. In addition, Canada is making new commitments to a point a fentanyl zar. We will list cartels as terrorists, ensure twenty four to seven eyes on the border, launch a Canada US Joint Strike Task Force to combat organize crime, fentanyl and money laundering. I have also signed a new intelligence directive on organized crime and fentanel and we will be backing it with two hundred million dollars. Proposed tariffs will be paused for at least thirty days while we work together. That is what's known as a capitulation. That is what's known as justin Trudeau recognizing that he had way more to lose than the United States does. And don't get me wrong, I love Canada. It's I mean, I've been to all of the provinces in Canada at this point in my life, all of them, and it's a beautiful country that people are lovely. The leadership is awful, absolutely awful. But that being said, I don't want to punish the Canadians just like I don't want to punish Americans. Uh does that? Get ready to vamp for a minute.
Speaker 2: I go.
Speaker 1: That means you're supposed to turn on the mic and start talking because I had to sneeze. Never mind, you miss it. I sneeze already, it's over. That's okay. I mean very sneezy lately, and I don't know why. And multiple sneeze is in a row. I've never been a multiple sneezeer in a row. My husband, on the other hand, he can sneeze like fifteen twenty times. I'm not even kidding, like fifteen or twenty times in a row, so much so that I don't say God bless you on the first one. And when we're out in public and he sneezes, in inevitably somebody says God bless you. I'm like, oh, just wait, just wait till the end of the sneeze parade that is about to happen. But lately I've been doing the multiple sneeze thing too. I don't know what's up with that. In any case, let's review. Mexico has already announced they're sending ten thousand troops to the border. They are also going to be working closely with the US government to keep both people who are trying to migrate and cross the border illegally out of the United States and also aggressively combat drug trafficking over the border. At the same time, they have asked the US to work on making sure our guns don't end up in the hands of a cartel as well. I mean, aside from Eric holders, you know, giving them guns during Operation Fast and Furious. Oh wait, was that hurricane crossfire? I can't remember the name. I think it was a hurricane crossfire where we gave a bunch of guns to cartels to see what would happen. Hey, news slash they use them to kill people, super smart. That was awesome. Another big hit by the federal government. I am now back to giving Trump more latitude completely because I believe that these tariffs are all about leverage. They are all about bludgeoning. They are all about the threats of force in order to extract an outcome that you would like to see. And all of these people on the left, all the people on the text lines talking about how you know Donald Trump's you really think he's doing any of this now? Just because we came through four years of a pet rock president doesn't mean that we have one.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is watch him talk to people the press. Imagine that we have a president who actually talks to the press. Right now, I'm watching a snippet on Fox News. He's talking about a ron cannot have a nuclear weapon, and reporters are asking him questions. And instead of his team shoving all the reporters out the door, like Biden's team, remember them, thank you, thank you, you can go, and they walk through their arms.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, you can go, you can thank you.
Speaker 1: It's how are no questions? As Joe Biden stared vacantly off into the distance, trying to remember what he was doing in the first place, or why he was even there. Donald Trump's happening back and forth with the press. So so save all that because it's not going to work. I said earlier in the show. If your big slam as you think Donald Trump is stupid, it's the same slam that has been levied against every Republican president in my lifetime. And it's just it's tired. It's just tired.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I got the local stories that I want to get to. I want to say good job to the Denver City Council. Yes you heard me right, well, good job, and that they decided not to try and override Mike Johnston's veto on expanded paraphernalia distribution. I've decided I'm not going to call it needle safe needle exchanges. I'm gonna call it paraphernalia distribution because that's what it is. We are handing out drug paraphernalia so drug addicts they don't have to find it anymore, they don't have to reuse needles. Bless their hearts, So we are no longer. We're not gonna have unfettered drug paraphernalia. We're not going to have that. We're still going to have drug paraphernalia give out locations, but they're not going to be everywhere. And for all of the people on the Denver City Council who voted knowing that in the first place, the reason they didn't try to override the veto is they didn't have the votes, but they just decided to just let it ride. And I'm fine with that now. I also have a story on the blog today about Mayor Johnston. You guys, I'm kind of feeling sorry for him right now, not completely, but he volunteered to take on this incredibly difficult job, ran hard for it on a platform of distributing homeless people throughout the city. So we's got to feel kind of shocked when people take to the news media to complain that there are homeless people throughout the city. Case in point, there is a story today on Denver seven and the headline, I'll just read the headline to you, Denver leaders respond to businesses, neighbors along South Broadway fed up with homeless uptick. Let may we do this one little part from the story. It's pretty dismaying sometimes that we have really rallied and been very open and transparent about what it is that we need, the support that we need, and still maintaining a very clear agenda of sympathy. We really are empathetic people and we want to help, but we also want to feel safe. So I don't understand where the disconnect is. She continued, I know Mike Johnston. Mike's been in my house for dinner, and I would tell Mike that he has not cleaned up our streets. It has not gotten better, and we need to do better. Okay, let me break this down, let me unpack this. As they say, it's one of my least favorite jargon phrases. That's out right now, let's unpack this. Let's not because I didn't pack it in there, I'm not unpacking it. Okay, this is another example. We've had multiple examples of people who first of all, want to let you know that even as they are sick to death of drug addicts crapping literally on the doorstep of their business, they also want you to know that they have compassion and empathy and that they want to compassionately lose these people somewhere else. Their compassion ends with the poop in the in the doorstep of their business. When when are they going to make a different choice. When are they going to elect a different person or party that promises to actually get tough on crime, that actually says we're going to prosecute all of these crimes. My guess is never, Because it's so important to them to be seen as empathetic that they're really not that invested in solving the problem, which is going to require tough love and a lot of it. But is that empathetic? I don't know, and I certainly don't know if she thinks it thinks it's empathetic, but I'm sure you know, well, I'll tell you about it in the next segment. I want to give kudos to a member of the Colorado Legislature that politically I think is wrong on pretty much everything. Could not be more diametrically opposed to me politically, ever, But there is something that happened in the in the capital the other day that I think is important and I hope this member of the Colorado Legislature keeps moving forward in this one way. And I'll tell you all about that next positive vibes. That's the best I'm gonna do. And congratulations to a member of the Colorado Legislature that I generally think is wrong about literally every single thing she does. However, Senator Faith Winters has had.
Speaker 4: A rough year. Last year, she.
Speaker 1: Was accused of showing up at a meeting with citizens drunk and it led to an ethics investigation. It is my understanding for multiple people at the Capitol this was not the first time she had appeared drunk at an official event, and she, because of all of that, entered rehab and just took to the of the State Senate to apologize to the Senate and her constituents for her past behavior. And I think this is something that, first of all, I've known enough people going through the program, as they call it, that making amends is a very important part, and part of making amends is admitting what you've done right, and admitting what you've done on the floor of the Colorado Senate and making a public statement like this must have been very difficult for her, but I commend her for making her ongoing journey of sobriety a public issue of discussion, because I think that there's a lot of people out there who think, because of their job or whatever they have going on, that now is not the time to go to rehab. And I can't take the break for my job. You guys, there's a million reasons not to get sober if you have an alcohol or drug problem, but none of them are valid in the grand scheme of your life. None of them matter. And I'm just going to use this as an example. The Great Rush Limbaugh, after becoming addicted to painkillers after a back surgery, admitted on the radio he was an addict and went to rehab for six weeks. And for six weeks, I, along with many of you, listened to fill in hosts, some that were good, some that were not good. Well, he went and took care of that problem, and what's interesting is yours. Truly. I had to take an entire month off work. It was the longest time that I had off work since I was fourteen years old after I had vocal cord surgery. And it was not something that I could not do. It wasn't an option. And for me, having her stand up and take this take responsibility for her choices is a very positive thing. And though I'm probably going to continue to think she's wrong about every single thing that she wants to do politically, I wish her very much continued success in her journey of sobriety, and I hope that she as long as her as long as her constituency wants her in that position, or she's not termin limited out, she can continue to serve her district. And just wanted to let you know, Mandy, did you take a COVID test? I didn't hear and wonder no. I forgot. I was so tired yesterday and so somebody else sent me a text message yesterday that said, you know, one of the biggest symptoms of my leukemia was exhaustion that never went away. I'm like, okay, let's slow that roll. Okay. I don't think I have leukemia. I think I have some kind of bug. No, I forgot, and today I feel fine, and I took the dog for a walk and everything this morning. So I don't know what it's like. A little eh, it was a bug. It was a bug, Mandy. My boss sneezed in threes. Coworker sneezed like a horse naehing, and another coworker always sneezed at three decibels. Me I seize one set one hundred and forty decibels, and my chest always hurts after.
Speaker 2: U.
Speaker 1: Okay, So guns to Mexico underholder was Operation fast and thank you. Text her thank you very much. This text. Are very upset. They were hoping for a free bong handout as part of the free paraphernalia situation there. My husband told me, bless you for the rest of your life, like two years ago, high five to you, Chuck.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I like saying God bless you. It's one of those little social contract things that I enjoy, like saying hello to people, Hello, how you doing, good morning, have a good day. Little things like that. I enjoy that and saying God bless you when someone sneezes. Even though really, the basis of it is pretty idiotic. I don't care I'm blessing someone. I'm basically the Pope at that moment. I'm just dispensing blessings left and roh, seize bless you, seize over your bless you. I'm like Oprah given out cars, only I'm given out blessings because they can't afford cars. I once had a friend and this is how she sneezes. I'm not even exaggerating. It sounds exactly like this, so much so that with the first time she sneezed, I was like, what what was that? She it was a sneeze. I'm like, no, no, that's not how anyone in the world sneezes. She snees like this, and this is exactly what it sounded like. Tee two, tee two, tee two. I'm not kidding. And I was like, how does anything move?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: When I sneeze? I want action, you know what I mean. I want to I want to come out of that sneeze on the other side, being able to breathe a little bit better, maybe getting some some stuff going so I can blow my nose and you know, clear things out. But what does that do tee two. Yeah, it's not doing anything. I want to feel like I've expelled something to you exactly, knock out the evil spirits, that's what you want to do, all right? Coming up in the next hour. First of all, we're gonna talk to a Rod later in the hour. He is going to join us from New Orleans. He asked Travis Kelcey a great question, and I loved Travis Kelcey's answer, y'all. I just I think Travis and Taylor are going to go the distance. And that's the much does I care about that? Also, guests, who has an agent?
Speaker 5: Yeah, not me.
Speaker 1: But when I tell you, I bet you're gonna laugh out loud like I did. Going on, we've now reached a place in our society where a washed up shell of a man who used to be president has now signed with one of the biggest talent agencies in the country. That's right, Joe Biden has signed with Creative Artist Agency for representation. This is what the co chairman of CAA said. I don't think he giggled while he said it, but he may have had to do like Free takes to get it all out. President Biden is one of America's most respected and influential voices in national and global affairs. His lifelong commitment to public service is of unity, optimism, dignity, and possibility. We are profoundly honored to partner with him again. Yeah. Yeah, I'm not sure what they're going to be trying, you know, getting him to do. I mean, obviously, whatever he does is going to have to do it between ten am and four pm, right when he's actually functioning. So yeah, wow, yeah, So, I mean, if you want to hire the president a former president, he's available. By the way, the same agency reps Barack and Michelle's Obama's Higher Ground productions, as well as Joe Manson, Susan Rice, Beto O'Rourkes. Wow, whatever happened to Beto O'Rourke. Dude lost like four elections in a row and he just fell off the map. Didn't he fake? Hispanic?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: I know, I'm Medallion and Irish, but I'm gonna name myself Beato to bring in the Hispanic vote. They won't know. Those Browns aren't that bright. I'm just kidding. I don't know if he actually said that last part. What I mean, really trying to trick people with your name. Come on, come on now, better and bigger news out of Hollywood. This story, you guys, I might have squealed with excitement last night about this, and this is gonna give you a little window into the world of former Mandy. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is very close to getting a reboot done, and I am so excited. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was the show that I watched every episode start to finish. As soon as they made the DVD set available, I bought it. I loved that show. It was perfect for that moment in time. It was, of course ridiculous because you have a teenage girl who's fighting demons and monsters and vampires and everything else until she falls in love with a torture vampire and angel. It was just such a good show. It was like half soap opera, half fighting monsters. So how could you not love that. As a matter of fact, Supernatural has totally just stolen that whole gig, right, the show Supernatural, same thing they stole it from Buffy. For years, people have been asking Sarah Michelle Geller as she would consider a reprise of Buffy. Now, obviously, she's like forty seven I think she's in her late forties, so she will not be playing the fresh faced slayer. And that was the genius of Buffy the Vampire Slayer because part of the story was that you could have more than one slayer, right, you could have multiple teenage slayers, and that was kind of a great way of perhaps spinning off whatever. But she will pay a character who will become a regular sort of back and forth, but maybe not in all the time. Described as the next chapter in the Buffy Verse. The new incarnation is executive produced by gellerw and it's all female because the other part about Buffy the Vampire Slayer that was so ugly is that the creator, Joss Whedon, was accused of creating a hostile environment on the set by many women who worked in that cast. Many He is in no way connected to this. Here's something I didn't know though. Executive producing the pilot is Dolly Parton, whose company sand Dollar was a producer on the original. I'm super excited about this, and it just got me to thinking, what show that you loved in the past would you like to see comeback in some form or fashion, assuming they're not going to ruin it and that's altogether possible. They could totally ruin it, and that would make me incredibly sad.
Speaker 6: But what show?
Speaker 1: I mean, are there shows that you would like to see come back? And would you watch them? Because I was super excited for a hot minute about the Dallas reboot, and then when I started watching it and I was like, I don't really like this anymore. There was nothing wrong with the show, It's just that Dallas was such an eighties moment and it was so perfectly eighties that to go back to that same kind of show just felt I don't know, I'm just extremely excited about this, extremely excited about this. Mandy. You know the character will be a black trainny. I don't know that, but we'll see Mandy. At first, I was thinking of Christy Swanson instead of Sarah Michelle. Christy Swanson of course in the movie, and the movie was kind of schlocky and a little bit silly, but I loved it. But the character is so good Green Acres, Yo, we could make a Green Acres reboot. But who would play the role of Jejacques bor right now, Sidney Sweeney? Okay, work with me, go with me right now? Okay, Sidney Sweeney is a fancy socialite who somehow falls in love with a farmer and moves to the country. Chaos and shenanigans in Sue. That would be fantastic tears if they didn't ruin it. I don't know, though, Cheers feels like a moment where that cast was so perfect. Buffy had a great cast like the Scooby Gang, and Buffy was so good. Some of them have gone on to struggle mightily, some of them have done really well. But the Cheers, there was so much perfect chemistry in that cast. I don't know if they could redo that justified then they destroyed it. We got a new dog, the name she came with as Buffy. We kept it. We call her Buffy the Cushions Slayer. That's funny, Mandy. I'm watching the og Buffy series for the first time. I love it. I always wanted to watch it when I was in college before DVRs, so I always missed it. We need Grim to come back. I love Grim. Grim was sort of in the same vein. Did you ever watch Grim, Zach, I'm familiar with it. He was fighting monsters and everything, but not as cool as Buffy was. Because Buffy wasn't just about fighting monsters or soap operas with vampires. It was also like all of these different sort of pop culture references throughout the entire show. And as a matter of fact, Texter that's watching it for the first time, how do those things up?
Speaker 2: Mandy?
Speaker 1: Bring back wild on E with Jules Asner or Brick Burke. I've never watched that, Mandy. They should continue Bones. They I've read that Emily, Emily d Chanel and David Brianis, who also coincidentally played Angel in Buffy, they are open to a Bones reboot and I would love that. I love that show too, Mandy. I don't know how they would pull it off. But a reboot of Married with Children, updated, updated for today's time. Can you imagine you, guys? Instead of having Christina Applegate's character be like kind of the slutty girl of the family, she would be the uptight Jen Alpha who would be correcting everyone else for misgendering people and not using the right pronouns. It would be insufferable.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: No, retired Joe Biden could not play Arnold the Pig. I don't think he can remember lines. Mandy Three's Company another one that I don't think you could make today because that was all about Susanne Summer's jiggling boobs. That was Jiggle TV, the original and let's be real, y'all. The entire premise of that show was that Jack Tripper needed a place to live, but the landlords would not let him live with two women unless he was gay, so we had to pretend to be gay around his landlords. I mean, I don't see how that would fly. Not at this point, No way, Mandy. I heard they were going to reboot the Goonies. Don't mess it up. Do not mess it up.
Speaker 2: Do not.
Speaker 1: Buffy's special effects are terrible. Yes, there's not a lot special about their special effects. Imagine what they can do now. Several people wish they would bring back Firefly. That show was gone too soon. Quantum Leap was a reboot that I liked, but it was it's gone, I think. Ooh, Mandy, Xenia Warrior Princess. Yes, now we're cooking with gas. First of all, the Jeffersons and Archie Bunker would never get made today. All in the Family was a scandal when it happened in the seventies. It would never, ever, ever, ever get made today, here's one. What about that show with the chick with the boobs that talks to ghosts? Unfortunately, I know you're talking about Jennifer love Hewitt, but I don't know the name of the show. That's before my time, and I was so lost. No, no, I mean Jennifer love Hewitt. In that timeframe, in the nineties, she was renowned for her rack among many of my male friends. I'm just gonna say it. I mean, I could be classy, but they weren't. Anyway, Get Smart. I would love to see a reboot of Get Smart. I love that show. You know another show I loved when I was a kid, Wild Wild West and Wild Wild West. You've got to see. I'll see if I can find it and put it onto tomorrow's blog. Director Kevin Smith has a story about Wild Wild West, but it's more about Superman. He's a huge Superman fan. He got the chance to pitch a script for Superman and he had to go to this producer's house and it is literally one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. But that movie was pretty terrible. But I loved Wild Wild West and Get Smart. I like anything with gadgets. That's one of the reasons I love Bond movies so much. It's gadget, you know. Anyway, let me see, Oh, I wanted to get one down here, and I don't know where it went. Northern Exposure. That was another great, great show, really great show. Mandy Soap Soap was an interesting show. It was a soap opera, an evening soap opera that was meant to be a soap opera, but they also dealt with a lot of really serious issues. Fun fact, I think that's where Billy Crystal got his start, was on soap, but I don't remember exactly. And thank you to the Texters who corrected me. It was not Jajah Gabor in Green Acres. It was Ave a Good Bore her sister, So I got that backwards. Um, Mandy in Green Acres. Lisa once said her two talents were speaking Hungarian and imitating Jajah Gabor. That was a great show. That would have been funny. Dukes of Hazard. Could you imagine any network putting a General Lee type vehicle on television with the big Confederate flag on the roof right now? Ah? Yeah, yeah. The Ghosts with Burr starred the chick with the boobs. There you go, there you go. Um, Joe Biden is mister magoo. Stop it, stop it right now. The nineteen seventies had an entire catalog of shows you could never do today. Samson and Sons are definitely not happening. Sanford and Son, not Samson, Sandford and Son probably right. Tales of the Gold Monkey. Oh, I love that show. That was a total Indiana Jones ripoff. Who starred in that show? Look up Tales of the Gold Monkey. For me, it was good. It was like an adventure show. Totally again, a ripoff of Indiana Jones. But it was so good, so so good. Uh Mandy, remember how if you don't fire your taxes on time you can get penalized. Shouldn't that apply? What's his name?
Speaker 7: Jeff McKay, Jeff McKay. It also had Stephen Collins. Stephen Collins as the guy was trying to remember he played the.
Speaker 4: Star John Calvin.
Speaker 1: No clue who that is, no clue at all. Yeah, let me find that text. Hey man, do you remember how if you don't fire your taxes on time you can get penalized. Shouldn't that apply to the state of Colorado, since we can't even file our taxes with the state yet because they don't know what they're doing. That would be adorable if we held them to account, But it's not really going to happen, Mandy. A reboot of my favorite Martian with today's special effects would be cool and the little Antanna's A lot of you were saying, mister Ed and I'm just gonna say it, do we really think a talking horse is gonna sell right now? I don't know. I don't know if I've ever seen an episode of mister Ed. It predates me, so yeah, perfect casting for a Get Smart reboot. Steve Carell from the Office who played there was a Get Smart movie. Hang on, Gets Smart movie. Oh, so there you go. You're you're absolutely right. It was such good casting that he already did it, So there you go. X Files, Yes, on the X Files bring it back. Although they did and it wasn't as good. I think one of the things that made the X Files so good was it was so original and so surprising. The creativity that they had in the writer's room at the X Files was just next level. It was so so good, so so good. Mandy in Today's Hollywood, A revised Dukes of Hazzard would be an electric car with a big old gay Pride flag on the roof.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, Netflix is going to do Little House on the Prairie. Holy cow, Please don't screw that up. That's like a secret program, and y'all one of my biggest disappointments as a parent. I tried to show it to Q and she was just like, eh, so uninterested and for some reason that hurt my feelings. I don't know. Ooh, the love Boat. They did bring that back for a while. When we get back a little more Hollywood. Before a rod gets on. In a stunning reversal, the first trans woman nominated for Best Supporting Actress seems to have already admitted she will not be getting the award. I'll explain it after this. Welcome Anthony Rodriguez to the show live from New Orleans. First of all, to the person who said a modern version of Hogan's Heroes or McHale's Navy could be made to be pretty funny. Did you guys ever wonder what that pitch meeting was like for Hogan's Heroes? It was like, hear me out a comedy set in a concentration camp. And then I was watching the movie I cannot remember what the name of the movie is with Miles Teller about the making of The Godfather.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It was so good. It was a really good short series. But in that series, Miles Teller plays Robert Evans, who was the producer of Hogan's Heroes, and they wanted to pitch something else and the studio hated it. So Miles Teller, just his character Bob Evans, was like, let me just tell you, I got this other idea and they were like, love it. And the sixties were wild because of that. Amelia Perez is a very well nominated movie. I still have a watch the rest of it. But it was sort of controversial when they nominated a trans woman in the Supporting Actress category. And now we don't have to worry about a person born as a boy winning a female category because unfortunately, text messages have appeared, not text messages, tweets, and there might have been some anti Islam stuff and maybe some racist type stuff in the actress's Twitter account. And now she is expected to fly. She is no longer expected to fly from her home in Spain, but she has basically realized she's not going to win. And something you guys have to realize about this Oscar stuff is Oscar nominations, Oscar campaigns. Oh, it's the offer, Thank you, Miles Teller. The offer such a good show. These Oscar campaigns that are back by the studios. There's a lot of money involved, and there's a lot of backbiting and backstabbing as people try to torpedo the nominations of other people. And I feel like, you know, but if you've got racist stuff, like my Twitter feed has some stuff that is out of context, looks ridiculous. Like one of my tweets from way back in the day was one of my callers had just called me a member of the KKK first something I don't even know what, and I just said, can I wear my white sheet after Labor Day? Obviously funny joke, right, But if people go back and see that and think that makes me a racist, I would burst out laughing at this point. But if you do have actual racist stuff, you probably need to scrub it out before this. But now she will not Mandy. I wouldn't call Hogan's hero as a concentration camp. It was a pow camp. My bad, My bad, Hey, hear me out. Comedy based in a pow camp still sounds ridiculous, completely ridiculous. Laverne and Shirley. Yes, yes, Laverne and Shirley. And where did you get to do it?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 1: Right now? Our man covering the Super Bowl live from New Orleans, one mister Anthony Rodriguez joining us now, So a rod are you already tired?
Speaker 4: Exhausted?
Speaker 8: Is probably a better explanation, So like times a thousand, but yes, long answer, yes, So tell me.
Speaker 1: Your day right now? What has happened? Uh since you got there? Like walk me you got off the plane and tell me what you've done since then?
Speaker 8: Well I am I'm still reeling with a big giant grin, but reeling in exhaustion. Nonetheless, from opening a night last night, it was just just insane. First of all, this is my first media week. I've covered the NBA Finals, I've covered the Standing Cup Final, covered March Madness. Right from the jump, I immediately knew this is a totally different ballgame. I intended because this is football, this these are super known. Opening night was just a mad house. I mean I've heard tails obviously, people not just countrywide but across the entire globe come to this event. I mean hundreds of people at each podium for these star players.
Speaker 4: In the opening night, I mean to give you an.
Speaker 8: Example, I spent about an hour, give or take, getting one question into Eagle's superstar running back Saquon Barkley. I think I probably yelled Saquon's name at least one.
Speaker 4: Hundred times trying to get his attention.
Speaker 8: And you know, it didn't help that they didn't have the greatest set up in the world at each podium with the Molt box for audio right there at the front, with all the cameras in the front, So the reporters had to like try to peek their heads through all the tripods, including my own, to try to get in there and get a question. But Opening night was just a whirlwind. I did get a chance to ask the question into Pat Mahomes. I pissed off all the Swifties yesterday with my question that Travis Kelsey your question.
Speaker 1: I thought he knocked it out of the bark I thought.
Speaker 8: Well, here's the thing Ross asked me earlier in terms of how NFL players typically are kind of top of the list of getting getting coach speak and players, Oh yeah. And then when I asked Travis Kelsey, you know, hey, give me your pitch for NFL fans that are non Swifties. I was expecting the full can you know response that you would hear from a boyfriend of a Taylor swift And instead of getting that canned response that I had that I was anticipating and going to be a good social bit, he just hits me with, who's not a Swiftie?
Speaker 4: And I mean I was a techno.
Speaker 1: It was a perfect boyfriend response, it really was. It was so good and he looked at you like you were an idiot, which made it even better.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, bringing on, I just want a little bit more, but you know that's perfect.
Speaker 4: I'll take it. Well.
Speaker 1: Tuesday night is the big media day. That's what a Rod's talking about right now, and that's the media kickoff. And now what have you been up to today though? Because are you going to be able to make it to any of the parties that are happening because there are parties every night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so yeah, so Monday night last night was the big was really the only big thing at Caesars Superdome when the game is actually going to be played which is obviously the opening night with all the podiums. Like I mentioned, the rest of the week kind of varies from different spots.
Speaker 4: So most of today I have been here at.
Speaker 8: The Convention Center, which is about five or ten minutes away from Caesar Superdome. Kind of it's really ten minutes away from everything, and this is just where it is. The whirlwind inside of Convention Center. I mean, it's an endless hall of monster setups. I'm looking right now, FanDuel from NBC Sports, Sirius XM. I mean, just everybody is here, the who's who. I've been walking around different athletes, differ celebrities. As the week rams up, I've been hearing that, you know, the celebrity level will increase, at professional athlete level will increase. But today it's for me, it's kind of walking around Radio Row. I already got a chance to do a one on one with longtime NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf. I chalk to talk to legend legendary Titans running back, you know, one on one CJ two K about about elite running backs.
Speaker 4: In the NFL. And so I've been doing a lot of different stuff.
Speaker 8: But yes, to answer your question tonight is the big massive media part that I've got it that I've got a ticket to, so I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go check it out. Bro Bronco's Super Bowl champ Todd Davis, who's here with DNVR and he's been on with us as well.
Speaker 4: He told me no cameras, so I think he.
Speaker 8: Kind of teased that he knew that I was probably thinking of, you know, bringing something and chatting with people.
Speaker 4: But I'll probably just go there.
Speaker 8: I'm able to have my phone in hand if someone wants to chat with me, you know, do my job instead of just party hardy. But I will say this in terms of the whirlwind that I've been a part of, Todd Davis and Ryan Koenisberger do a good job of DMVR.
Speaker 4: They had to remind me.
Speaker 8: Because I said, oh, well, I'm gonna go to the party, but you know, dry January, and they both look at me to go it's February. I'm like, oh my god, you are right. That is how much I've been caught up in the whirlwind.
Speaker 1: Well, and what's interesting is how close are you staying to Bourbon Street? Like how close do you do the stadium?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: From Bourbon Street? On maybe like a five to seven minute.
Speaker 1: Well that's fantastic because because I've covered multiple Super Bowls doing the same thing that a Rod has done when I worked in sports radio and always be ready, like I mean, you know, you know, like we were at the DNC and the RNC because I caught so many people walking to and fro right just walking down the street and I would just sigle up to him and say, hey, you got a second, I'm ready to go. And that's where we got some of our best interviews, just like off the cuff, because the media events are cool, but you get a lot of those canned answers, right, And I love talking to the guys that were not playing anymore, the veterans who were in for the game, because they're just there to have fun and they're there to talk sports and football and see their buddies. So it's lucy goosey and super fun. So tonight you're not going to see any of those people at the media party, have you Like tonight? This is your job, a Rod. Your job is to say, okay, so where are the good parties this week? Because used to be back in the day, Aea sports had a massive party like massive Playboy had a massive party. Obviously that's not happening now. But like every night, there's a different good party, and you just got to figure out who to ask to get into those parties because that is where the athletes are, that's where they all are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna, I'm gonna give it a go.
Speaker 8: Like I said, I'm I'm taking dry January and kind of making a bit of a dry February as well. And so I think a lot of the people that are gonna be a little more loosey goosey at those parties probably would encourage to to indulge a little. But but but man, I was I've been telling everyone obviously, you know, I was just here in New Orleans in November.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm I'm I'm business tripping this thing. I barely need.
Speaker 8: I'm not even doing any of the food scene that I did November. Probably not gonna, you know, enjoy a beverage or two.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, I'm down to hit the party scene.
Speaker 8: Like I said, we'll see, we'll see what the media party kind of stems into for the rest of the week with who I chat with and what they're up to. But I'm all business. I mean, you see in the work I'm putting out on social media, I'm worgan, I know, and.
Speaker 1: You're doing a great job. You need to follow kaa social media on Twitter, on Facebook, on TikTok if you've given your soul to the Chinese government, because A Rod's got all kinds of stuff that he is putting out up there. So a Rod, let me ask you this, like, well, there's no storylines right now out of the super Bowl. There's no like board material, there's no you know, anybody's talking out of there, you know, out of their behind. Are there any stories in New Orleans that we're not hearing about?
Speaker 4: In terms of what you're not hearing about?
Speaker 8: Well, I will say this, the only event, like I mentioned that was that Caesar Superdome though that at least that I'm aware of, and I'm pretty aware of it is the is the last night was the opening night. But I gotta tell you mentioned the rn C and the DNC. I've been chatting with other folks about how that uh, that experience around the Superdome and how long it took me to walk out. That reminds me of the security perimeter, not as vast really so reminded me of the security perimeter that we saw in Milwaukee and Chicago.
Speaker 4: I mean, the they are not messing around. It's very, very.
Speaker 8: Evident that New Orleans is now tied with Miami for hosting the most of these bad boys with eleven and they clearly are experienced in doing so. So I don't know about in terms of the storylines we're not hearing because that that's that's really notable. And and then like you said, with the with the game, I think you know, on the field, the one thing I know, like Travis Kelsey said yesterday, someone asked him what would be the question you would ask in the media, and he said, why are you guys leaning in so much to this referee stuff that we're getting the calls and whatnot? So I think, well, it is, it is, and it isn't because there's some numbers out there that suggests they maybe don't get as many calls you think, but they kind of get him into the bigger moments, which is I think what makes people more talk about that more. But honestly, I'll say this. Andy Reid, head coach of the of the Chiefs, last night was talking about how you know, this team really hasn't leaned in to the talk of three p talked it lean into the talk of a dynasty.
Speaker 4: Even Pat Mahomes.
Speaker 8: Has said that that Andy Reid doesn't even say threep unless he's talking about it in reference to a question from a reporter, and at any rate said that they respect the Eagles. So I think there's a lot of probably stretched enforced storylines when it comes to making the Chiefs the bad guy. And I know in Bronco's country, we've already discussed how I've already gotten a bunch of flak from my preciation of the greatness that is Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs. But but honestly, they're they're leaning in the right way. They are not taking any chances of giving the Eagles bullets and bore material and anything they said last night. I will say this though, Manny, in terms of storyline, I know we hear in the last few minutes storylines for the for the Denver Broncos talk about good bolts and barred material.
Speaker 4: Because I made it.
Speaker 8: A point to ask Andy Reid, to ask Pat Mahomes, to ask star defensive tackle Chris Jones to ask Isaiah pa Checko running back for the Chiefs, all about the Broncos and all about Pat Mahomes, and you want to talk about the opposite of that stock answer. They all had glowing remarks about bow knicks and what the what the Broncos were able to do. They all said the Broncos were an incredibly talented team essentially with the bright future. Steve spag No, the DC of the Chiefs, couldn't even really hold back his appreciation, said that how much bo Nix impressed him, especially from matchup one to matchup two. So if there's anything to glean from the current team that's in this big game that's you know, could potentially win the third in a row, is that they think the Broncos have what it takes is to maybe be here. I mean Ian Rappaport our NFL network inside or even said the same thing to me, said he doesn't think they're that far off. I mean, you add some playmakers to this squad. So I think there's a there's a good chance the next couple of years that we're covering this bad boy and our Denver Broncos are in that thing. So talk about bolts and bor Matlia for the Broncos in a positive way.
Speaker 1: Well, I loved your little interview with Sama jp Ryd where he said, I'm so sorry we couldn't get a championship for Broncos fans. But now, of course he's playing for the Kansas City Chiefs, so he has a chance to get a ring right now. You know what's interesting, by the way, a Rod, when you're reporting on the super Bowl, you can call it the super Bowl. We just can't call it the super Bowl when we're not reporting on the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: When you're reporting, it's newsworthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, oh, you guys wouldn't believe. And I don't want to go into it all, but there's you cannot use the word super Bowl in a commercial. You can't use them in a promo. It's it's all copyrighted and the NFL is.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, let me just check.
Speaker 8: Actually, I just got an email and there is my invoice for saying three p thanks to pat Riley.
Speaker 4: So I'll make sure to send that to Dave Tepper program driver. There you go.
Speaker 1: Just it just expensive, Just put it on the expension. It'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I know you're on your your diet, but I mean, are you gonna have any kind of indulgences, you know, like a nice platter of steamed oysters have almost no calories.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that would that would that would suggest that I would ever want steam oysters, and that would be a hard never. There is one, uh, the wife told me, I am, I have the ability to indulge once, and that would be at Molly's Rise and Shine, which is an amazing breakfast restaurant that puts Brennan's to shame. That is a sister restaurant of Turkey and the Wolf, which Dave Tepper put me onto back in my first trip in November. So probably tomorrow morning I'm gonna indulge there. But other than that, I've had it all here in New Orleans back in November. So that lets me have the ability to, uh to not have to indulge this time around. But I feel good. Am I getting up at six in the morning working around? Yes, I am the hotel and I'm not indulgent and I feel a good.
Speaker 1: Well there you go, Nerd. Anyway, now I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. I do want to hear, like like get some intel about any good parties, even if you can't get in. I want to know because I was actually at the nightclub where Ray Lewis did not kill those people the night that that all that happened. I left right before that, No, actually the night before, but in that bar a rod I saw, I walked directly into Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky, they were together. I talked to Jerome Bettis, I hung out with Sean Salisbury and Dan Patrick from ESPN. So it's just like a great cool way to run.
Speaker 4: Those are important people well.
Speaker 1: Back in the day too, Like you know, Jerome Bettis was still playing. So yeah, anyway, and Michael Jordan and Wayne Redsky will always be anyway. Here we go, ladies and gentlemen. Now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its kind in the world. You went out on me because you're in public in New Orleans and you didn't walk the stream. What is your dad joke of the day, please, Zach Dad joke of the day? Another a groner for you here. How do you make an egg roll? How do you make an egg roll? I don't know? You push it? What?
Speaker 5: Oh? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that goes right along with how do you make a clean nex dance, Zach. You put a little boogie in it. See there you go?
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: What is our word of the day please?
Speaker 7: Word of the day much tougher than yesterday's. Zaftig is the word of the day.
Speaker 1: That is, someone who is large and beautiful zaftig like rubenesque.
Speaker 7: I think it is. Yeah, that's that's pretty perfect. Someone described as zaftig has a full rounded figure, or in other words, is pleasingly plump.
Speaker 1: There you go, yeah, raft dig all right. What is our trivia question? It is this how who rather was the first woman selected to run as vice president on a major party ticket in US politics? I believe I know it?
Speaker 7: Unless a good back even further, No, is it Madeline Albright?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 1: It is Geraldine Ferraro, who ran with Walter Monbridle back in nineteen eighty four against Ronald Reagan. It was a herculean effort to beat that man at that It was yesterday. Yeah, and well I actually remember it. So there you go.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, dinosaurs, you know, watch.
Speaker 1: Yourself many Okay, what is our category please, Zach? I think I got a better one for you, thank you?
Speaker 7: All right, we're looking at twenty first century movie moments.
Speaker 1: Okay, but a remote so you have to not on switchblade? There's no delay? Yeah no, there's not.
Speaker 4: Just said go ahead.
Speaker 7: A street brawl between rival news teams was to be cut from the rod.
Speaker 4: Yes, what is Anchorman?
Speaker 1: That is correct?
Speaker 7: There we go right somehow Javier Bardem is Anton Shagor made tossing to coin seem malevolent in this.
Speaker 1: Film, Manny, what is no Country for Old Men?
Speaker 4: That is?
Speaker 1: He was such a great villain in the ending of that movie, the first ending ever. Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Melissa McCarthy's memorable moments in this twenty eleven film include hitting on an.
Speaker 8: Air Yo, no, no, I don't got it out.
Speaker 4: What is spy? Even though that's wrong?
Speaker 1: I have no idea? Ooh, no clue.
Speaker 7: A Grant is upset with you guys in the production booth. Here the answer is Bridesmaids.
Speaker 1: Oh a rock? It's is zero donut?
Speaker 5: Wait all right?
Speaker 1: So what nothing Mandy to lead here?
Speaker 7: Another Day of Sun was a song and dance number on a ramp from the one oh five to one ten freeway.
Speaker 1: What is Oh my god? What is la story? Ooh what is it? It's not it's not La Confident do you want.
Speaker 5: To go or you know?
Speaker 4: I want to know. I'm hold tight.
Speaker 1: La la, lamps close?
Speaker 4: Okay, were zero to zero now HEREO.
Speaker 7: What does I drink your milkshake have to do with oil drainage? We learned from Daniel day Lewis in this two thousand and seven film.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that one was punk waited wear?
Speaker 7: What does I drink your milkshake have to do with oil drainage? We learn from Daniel day Lewis in this two thousand and seven film.
Speaker 1: You can picture it perfectly. I can't remember the name of it.
Speaker 4: I got nothing. What is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: It was a low ass movie?
Speaker 4: What was No?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: There will be blood, yes, tybreaker?
Speaker 5: All right, this was not great? Okay?
Speaker 1: This morse visiting Germany?
Speaker 7: Remember there's no there actually are speed limits on about what is the autumn?
Speaker 5: That is correct?
Speaker 2: Nay?
Speaker 1: Another overtime?
Speaker 4: What was that category?
Speaker 5: Food?
Speaker 1: We who knows categories? Mandy can win with anyway, Anthony, We will talk to you tomorrow. Get all the details about the party scene there and BC me in New Orleans. Eyes on a swivel, my friend, eyes on a swivel.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, we will.
Speaker 1: Be back Tomorrow, we got weather. Wednesday, we're going to talk to Mary Rook from the Daily Caller about her scorcher of a column on people freaking out about USA being cut. We'll do all that and more, But right now, I got the team from KOA Sports practically breathing down my neck trying to get in the studio, ready to talk about the game coming up this weekend and so much more so. In the meantime, keep it right here on KOA