Speaker 1: The right quist.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back and with it an annual postseason tradition.
Speaker 1: Scam is back. Baby.
Speaker 2: This is Saxon Kates in the a app BA Go with Proway. Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now. While the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 3: Sax and Kate's and AM on this Monday morning, October twenty eight, twenty twenty four. Thanks for being with us Southern California as you wake up, get ready for work, take the kids to school, and make your way on your.
Speaker 1: Commute wherever you're headed here in the Southland.
Speaker 3: Thanks for taking us with you here on AM five seventy LA Sports, Tim Kates along with two time World Series Champion Rookie of the Year, our favorite Number three, Steve Sacks and he's in studio here with us this morning, and we couldn't be more happy to see Steve Sacks. Will be with us again studio again tomorrow as well. You're gonna be out and about with the people later on today, Sacks.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be out of Yamava out there doing a watch party for the game tonight. Nice and it's gonna be cool. And then I will have an early car tim. I guess you could say coming back to the studio tomorrow. We're gonna be bringing Scam back into the studio tomorrow and then a quick flight after that back to Sakra Tomato.
Speaker 3: And possibly possibly we'll see you again on games Saturday afternoon, if there's a game, if there is, right, if there is, I got mixed feelings. I'm hoping there's a game six, so you get to come back down to southern California, we get to see you throughout the first pitch before Game six. But at the same time, I'm kind of hoping the series is over before Game six.
Speaker 4: Between the two.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: But you know what's been great is we've had a nice run of Scam. Yeah, all right, we've had this to our full. October it's been great, loving it, and so I would like to continue to the rest of the week. But if it does get to a point where Dodgers can slam this thing down to the last game, get through tonight, and then you know, maybe do that on Wednesday. Was it Tuesday? Then hey, you know what, I'd rather have it that way.
Speaker 3: It's a situation where the Dodgers have been in and the reversal down oh two in a best of seven World series. You mentioned in nineteen eighty one, as you guys were down two games to nothing, flying back across the country from New York to La Fernando pitch Game three, got that win for you guys, then rattled off three more after that and win that series and six. The feeling of being down two in a series and making that flight across the country coming back home like the Yankees are right, what's that feeling like?
Speaker 4: Well, all I remember is I was just happy to be there. I was you know, I was still young. I was very young, just got up to the big league. So to have that impression of what it's like to be in the big leagues in and of itself, it was just such a great momentous thing. For me personally, for you know, something I could really you know, fall back on later in my career. But being down you know two to oho not a good not a good thing to do. But you rally back. And that's what this team does.
Speaker 3: As a team that's up to going in New York, This Dodger team needs to stay aggressive, needs to stay aggressive at the plate, needs to continue to put the pressure on the starters tonight, Clark Schmidt going for the Yankees to get to that bullpen, because as much as Garrett Cole was pitching on Friday night, as once they got him out of the game, they got to the bullpen. Same thing happening in Game two, once they got a rodn out of the game, they got to the Yankees bullpen. I think that's the same sort of approach, which they're very good at, is working that starting pitcher, you get that pitch count up, get to that Yankees bullpen. At the same time, on the revert on the flip side of it, Walker Bueller, I mean, we need to see Walker Bueller be like he has this postseason and go up there and put up zeros for the first game of three in a row. They can't go to the bullpen tonight and ask them to get a lot of outs, because that doesn't set up well for a bull bullpen game tomorrow.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's the disadvantage that the Dodgers have a weak link, if you can say that in the arm or not not in the personnel, in the performance of the team. I'm just saying the taxing effect that would have on the bullpen. As you get past that. Now you're talking about the latter part of the series and having a well rested bullpen is optimal for this team. So Walker, Bill are going to go out tonight, He's going to have that killer mentality. You put the foot on the throat and you don't let them up. This is where you really have to demoralize this team and let that animal instinct come out where you just pound these guys down, don't let up. Whatever you do, don't look past Game three. That's very critical. Don't look past Game three. Go to this game right now and hammer these guys.
Speaker 3: Let's hear from the Game three starter Walker Bueler yesterday at Yankee Stadium talking to the media in getting preparation for Game three tonight.
Speaker 5: I think in any of these kind of big game scenarios talk about it's all the momentum and the hooplah and all that stuff. I think it's just learning kind of how to embrace that. I think pretty early and kind of my career I learned how to do that in some way. It hasn't always worked out very good, but I think that's the big mental hurdle, and then it's kind of the same game, just on a little bit bigger stage, you know. I think at the end of the day, it's it's kind of that weaving what we do well versus what they don't do so well. And I think both those guys that did a really good job of kind of going to their strengths when they needed to. So yeah, they both did really good jobs. And you know, I think at the end of the day, this game, at least from our perspective, is executing what we're trying to do and kind of expecting that to work out.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never thrown any game other than Game three in the World Series, so kind of familiar.
Speaker 1: That way a little bit, but.
Speaker 5: Obviously was we were here earlier in the year, but I didn't throw, so never thrown here, so it'll be exciting and in Game three of the World Series. It doesn't get more you know, excited. I mean, to be honest with this, whole thing has been right this year in particular, but kind of my career in general. This is my third World Series, and I think anybody the plays this game for any amount of time would be happy to have played in three of them. So I'm looking forward to doing it again and hopefully coming out successful.
Speaker 3: I think that's important to remember Dodger fans. Walker Buehlers pitched in two previous World Series seven or twenty eighteen against the Boston Red Sox. He pitched in Game three, that long seven hour game, didn't factor the decision, but pitched well against the Red Sox. He just alluded to twenty twenty, he pitched in the World Series Game three against the Tampa Bay Rays, and he would pitch six innings at one run on three hits, struck out ten in a Game three win over the Tampa Bay Rays. And now tonight another Game three starts. So you talk about a postseason pitcher, the confidence of Walker Buehler. I like the fact that he's been here now, not once, not twice, but this is his third time pitching in a World Series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a guy that you want in Game three. This is the situation that is not going to be too big for him. The fact that Walker Bueler had to really struggle this year and he's starting to really ramp up now and you're seeing what's really good about him. It could work in his favor that now he's really hitting his stride and so the moment again won't be too big for Walker Bueler, and that's very important. He's going to, as he said, embrace this time. And if there's anybody on the team I could pick to pitch Game three, it's him. So they're in a good shot. They're in a good position right now.
Speaker 3: Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is our number. Let's go to Rudy in La. It's next up with Saxon, Kates and Am on this Monday morning before Game three.
Speaker 7: Hi, Rudy, good morning, Tim. Thank you for taking my call. Yeah, I was just going to tell you that I was there on Friday night and it was magical. It was emotional. A lot of when when the Yankees score there it was three to two, A lot of Dodger employees were like crying and everything, and then we were worried. But then when they hit that grand slam man, it couldn't bet that. It was just like everybody started hugging everybody. You didn't even know who you were hugging. You were just hugging everybody.
Speaker 3: I may hugged you, Rudy. I was hugging guys and chess bumping the people. I'm not even been you.
Speaker 1: Were you on the loads.
Speaker 7: Level, No, sir, I was over there like a reserve. Okay, all right, but it was it was beautiful. I look, my dad is a big Yankee fan, and as soon as the dodge is one, I took off and went to his house. He didn't want to open the door.
Speaker 4: Oh did I assume right?
Speaker 7: But I was really happy. Thank you guys for taking my car hoping with tonks.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The emotions of the game in game one were through the roof. And then you get to the tenth inning and Jazz Chisholm does what he does, stealing second, getting the third, and then scores on the fielder's choice and they take a three lead and the Dodgers get to come up in the bottom of the tenth inning, Will Smith won out first a bat of the bottom half of the tenth inning, and you're starting to think, Man, is this twenty seventeen all over again? Is this a Dodgers team that gets a nice run here and gets to the postseason and just can't get over the hump, just can't figure out a way to close out games late and to get the home run from Freddie Freeman. I think to me it was more emotional for Dodger fans, not only the win, but the way they did it and to feel that exhale of like, oh, okay, good, fine, we're not cursed, or fine, we can get this done in the postseason outside the bubble. Okay, fine, we can beat the Yankees because they gave it to us so many times over the history of this rivalry that goes back decades. I mean, it was an exhale for so many reasons. And I mean again he mentioned that they motion people hugging people, people crying, people just not knowing what to do.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it before.
Speaker 3: I've been to a lot of professional events for sporting events football, basketball, NBA Champion Lakers championships on the road at Staples Center, I mean I've seen a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never seen anything like this before.
Speaker 4: Well, how about Rudy And you're talking about sports enthusiasts splitting families, I mean summer Yankee fansomber Dodger fans and Rudy going to his dad's house and he getting locked out. I mean that's kind of tough. But this is no Look, there's gonna be no asterisk here after this game, after this series either way. I mean, this is the real deal. And went the full the full slate, I mean one sixty two. You have any games and people say how many games you guys play? Well, one sixty two during the season. Then you have another season called spring training, that's what twenty five thirty games, and then you have another season called you know, postseason, that's another you know, eleven games you have to win. And so you're looking at two hundred games if you go the full route, you know, that's a lot of games. And you know, double what they have in basketball, double what they have in hockey and football is what seventeen games, and so this is there's not even close how many games that you play as far as the grind goes, I mean, the grind is the thing in baseball. It's it's not the impact. You haven't football or hockey, but it's the gud, the grind the long term. I've had football players and hockey players ask, how do you guys play one sixty two? Well, we don't have to run into you know, the sideboards or run into Nick Bosa or anything like that. So that's a little bit better. But it is a grind.
Speaker 3: It is a marathon, especially if you make it to the postseason. Think about the Dodgers have to win eleven. They're gonna end up playing fifteen to twenty games, possibly yeah, extra after the regular season gets over. So yeah, it's it's a it's a battle of attrition to see who can last and be the healthiest team. It is still standing when you think about all the injuries the Dodgers have gone past and gone through, especially in the rotation.
Speaker 4: What if they get these guys all back next year, what are they gonna do? I mean, I mean, this will be the most stacked pitching staff in the history of baseball. They'll have two rotations, they will if all these guys can come back. I mean, can you imagine this? Tony Gonsolm, we haven't even really talked about his name, Stone may I mean, forget it, Clayton Kershaw, Kershaw, you know, Walker Bueller, hundred percent, River Ryan Mayman. He may not be back for twenty twenty five, he had surgery too late in the season, but man it uh for yes, she and even she AND's a guy we forgot about who is a big part of this team that went down with an arm injury. So yeah, when these guys get back and rebuild those elbows, it's gonna be tremendous twenty twenty five and hopefully at twenty twenty five, looking to repeat as champions after a twenty twenty four championship and again Dodgers in a good position, up two games to nothing in this best of seven series. Game three coming up tonight. Clark Schmidt on the mound for the New York Yankees. It'll be Walker Bueller for the Dodgers. Israel and a Rosemead is next up Hi Israel.
Speaker 6: Hey, what's up, guys. I'm so excited about this weekend. Just every Dodger fan, I know, we're just so elated. And I don't know if anybody's talked about it, but I think that was some Fernando magic right there, Fornanda.
Speaker 8: Giving some magic to Freddie Freeman to get that Grand Slam.
Speaker 7: I mean, what do you guys think it was?
Speaker 1: Something?
Speaker 3: Definitely there Israel, you know, and it feels like if the Dodgers, you know, I mean, you're talking about the Gibbee comparisons in the time of night at eight thirty seven, eight thirty eight and PM, where it was hitting the same sort of spot and right center field. The similarities between Freddie Freeman and Kirk Gibson both hobbled with injuries, certainly different injuries, but yeah, a lot of similaries, a lot of magic. Maybe the left handed hitters, yeah, both left handed hitters. The fact that his Dodgers Yankees. I think that's another reason why it's kind of been put on that same level as Kirk Gibson. I mean, you have eckers Lea Gibson, you guys, with the team that nobody gave a shot to. It's going into the series at least against the apaklan Aes, and then to win that Game one in the fashion you did to be one of the most iconic memories in all the sports. And so now in twenty twenty four, have what Freddie Freeman did on the stage against the Yankees. I think that's what kind of puts it near it. It was magical moment. Certainly, the Dodgers are a different team than you guys were in eighty eight going into this World Series expectation wise. But the situation to win Game one and to be Dodgers Yankees and the hype with all these superstars, I think that's what puts it at the level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's because it's Dodgers Yankees, and it's East West Coast and they're making the ultimate comparisons. I mean, I think the next thing we're going to get into is the the the Lincoln Kennedy assassinations and now the comparisons they make between those two things, right, I mean, the thing about Freddy and Gibby was, yeah, it was. It was of the moment. And you know, some people say, well, the Gibbey thing was much more because you know he was hurt more and blah blah blah. But you know, Freddie Freeman's was a grand slam. It doesn't get any bigger than that. I mean, first time ever in the World Series. Get away from making the comparisons for Kirk Gibson. This this dude hit a Grand Slam with the game on the line. I don't know how much bigger it gets than that.
Speaker 3: I ran into Brian Kenney from MLB Network. Yeah no, wait wait BK b K. I ran into BK as I was great boxing an analysis.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: I forgot used to do Friday night fights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's great at boxing.
Speaker 1: IM happy to.
Speaker 3: Run into him kind of by the in the by the media area, the press box after the game was over, and I stopped to him and I said, actually dropped her name. I said, I just talked to Steve Sacks and he said this could be right up there with Gibe's home running eighty eight. And he stopped and looked at me.
Speaker 1: And he goes, really, he said that. I said, yeah. I said, he thinks it's right up there.
Speaker 3: He goes, yeah, I think it could be. And he started thinking, I can see the wheels turning about eighty eight. And then of course a little bit later we started getting the comparisons time of night, the whole call from Joe Davis. But in the moment, you know, five minutes after the home run or after the grand Slam, he started to thinking about it and he's like he was nod in his head like, yeah, I can see it now. And he's a baseball historian. He loves the game of baseball. But you know, it was kind of fun to bring it to his attention and to see him thinking about, yeah, this is and he was kind of not shocked but kind of shaking his head and approval that yeah, okay. If Steve Sacks says it's is as good as Gibsons, then we can all agree that.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's gush. I mean, what else can you get? I mean, it's it's right there with that. I wonder what's gonna what's gonna be the next thing that we're going to be talking about, something that's going to be big and grand like that. I you know, that's that's the great thing about baseball. It presents so many crazy things that you can't even fathom that we're gonna be talking about. But I promise you we're gonna be talking about some great event by the time this thing is over. It'll be another one. Who knows what we'll.
Speaker 3: Find out goold happened to night in Game three in the Bronx Dodgers Yankees. We'll have Walker Bueller on the mount against Clark Schmidt first pitch at five oh eight from the Galpam Motors broadcast booth, Sax and katetson Am brought to you and bart by chef Mundyito Seasoning, the seasoning partner of the Dodgers. It's World Series time. Bring out the chef in you. More of your phone calls coming up? Were you at Game one? What did you think of Game one of the celebration? Is it as good as Gibbies nineteen eighty eight walk off home run against Dennis Eckersley. We'll get to your phone calls. And David Vassa joins us show. Hey, Otani, will he play? We expected to be in the lineup in Game three coming up later on this afternoon right here on n FI seventy l A Sports Saxon Kates in the Am here on n FI seventy l A Sports. Dodgers a two to oh series lead over the New York Yankees after a thrilling Game one walk off against the Yankees on Friday night, Michelle, can we hear that again? That final call? Let's get the Japanese version. The Japanese version of the final call Freddy Freeman the Grand Slam against the Yankees. Tenth inning on Friday night, the Dodgers down three to They loaded the basis Nester Cortes on the mound and the first pitch to Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 1: Ty Yankees.
Speaker 4: Cold Anight.
Speaker 1: Puts in Jaxton.
Speaker 7: Monday holding on.
Speaker 1: He t t fit in. Hold up, Yanara. We know what that means. That means goodbye baseball.
Speaker 3: And Freddie Freeman hits the Grand Slam as the Dodgers win six to three over the Yankees to take Game one. They come back in Game two. Yoshi Yamamoto was solid. The Dodgers got to Carlos Undown, three different Dodgers going deep, including tay Oscar Hernandez who hit a home run. Tommy Edmund, by the way, I told you, Tommy Edmund is becoming a fan favorite here with the Dodger Fans didn't know a lot about him.
Speaker 1: Comes over in the trade.
Speaker 3: He's heard he worked his way into the Dodgers lineup in September. In October, he has absolutely been a mainstay either at shortstop or in center field. The nl NLCS MVP. He homers on Game two on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: This guy can do it all he can. And this is this is a this is a preview of what we're going to be seeing. I think more of this, more of the essence of what baseball was developed in. You know, move the ball around, you know, a great deal of dexterity with the bat, to be able to bunt the ball, like we've he's shown to be able to run, to be malleable that you can just kind of put this guy anywhere. He can put him in center field, you can put him a shortstop. He's won the goal glove at second base, and he can hit. The guy's just a pretty darn good hitter as well. So this is what you know, hopefully we're going to see more of and and the time. You know, this guy's just a great rendition of that.
Speaker 3: Does he remind you of you middle infielder can hit for power, he'll run, you know, for average.
Speaker 4: I think if I was playing today, I would have brought about three gloves to spring training because I think I wouldn't have just played second, probably the outfield too, and whatnot, because that's the way they do it today. You know, this is this is what my nephew does. My nephew Nick in the Red Sox organization. Same type of players, Tommy Edmund. Maybe maybe you know a little bit more as far as the arm goes, because he's a regular shortstop. But this is what we're gonna see. This is what teams are gonna be looking for. Besides just the big guys that can jack the ball out of the park, you gotta have some of these guys too. Could you have played outfield? Yeah, I played some outfield in the minor leagues. I think I could have. But when I was playing, remember it was better that you played one position and became really good at that one position. Guys that played different positions to him, they were considered really not settled on one thing. Yeah, you could play different things, but you're not great at one yet. You know, you're just kind of pretty good at everything. And it's not that way anymore. I mean, I mean, this is the new way of doing it. By the way, I wanted to tell you about Ron Don. You mentioned his name in a second ago. This guy, you know, not unusual that he was second in the league in giving up home runs. Lots of times when you have those guys that have that great fastball. Max Schurzer led the league and giving up home runs at times too. Clayton would give up some home runs because they would go out and challenge people with nobody on base with that good fastball, guys would turn up the dial and they'd hit it out. And that's why they have those elevated home runs. Notes.
Speaker 3: Dodgers hit three home runs against him on Saturday night. They've got a two zero series lead. Dodgers in the Bronx tonight for Game three. Walker Bueler on the mound and our Dodger inside are the best of the best. Joins us now from New York City. He is David vasse Hi. David, how you doing.
Speaker 6: Do a great sunny day out here in New York? And the temperatures should be a little bit warmer than what they were when the Dodgers were here last week for Game six of the NLCS. So everybody in New York very excited about the Yankees coming back here and trying to even the series. So it's going to be a very hostile environment tonight at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 3: David, take us through maybe the last twenty four hours for this Dodgers team when they got to New York.
Speaker 1: The workout last night, win show.
Speaker 3: Hey got there, and you know what they've kind of been dealing with the last twenty four hours since winning on Saturday night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the team started to work out around five o'clock Eastern time at Yankee Stadium. Otani was not there when they first started. My understanding is once the team wrapped things up, he got there and started to really want to test out the shoulder and really work out. Thirty minutes after the rest of the team had left, so he went. He didn't do anything too strenuous, but obviously wanted to test out take just a handful of swings, just to make sure it was all good with that left shoulder. I got a text from somebody inside the organization as we were about to take off from Los Angeles that everybody with the Dodgers was extremely surprised how well Otani bounced back and how well his left shoulder was doing yesterday. In fact, the way it was put to me shockingly well is how the Dodgers felt about how good Otani was feeling yesterday, and that's why they're optimistic that he'll be in the starting lineup tonight.
Speaker 4: David, good to be with you, you know critical, I think at this juncture, that the that the Dodgers only look at Game three. Of course, the the notion to look at o Tony for the you know, the rest of the series as normal, but looking at only game three, I think this is the right guy with Walker Bueller. That's a bulldog mentality that you got to have to to kind of go back against the Yankee hostility that they're going to face there. But this is the right guy right place with Walker Bueller.
Speaker 6: I think that's the reason why the Dodgers lined it up this way instead of having Bueler pitch at Dodgers Stadium. They felt like he was the best guy to start the first game in New York for those reasons. Steve, he's not going to shy away, he's not going to scare away, and he's the right guy at the right moment that's going to embrace it.
Speaker 3: How important is it, David for him to give him some length tonight with this bullpaying game lingering tomorrow in game four?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Huge. I think that's where a guy like Brent Honeywell again comes into play tonight. If Buehler can only go four or five innings, I think Brent Honeywell, Ben Casparrius are two guys that may come in play tonight, one or the other to try to bridge those twenty seven outs. So don't forget about those guys that played such a big role in the NLCS and how much they were praised about, you know, especially Honeywell eating all those innings after Flaherty came out in Game five to set up a bullpen game for Game six and have those guys all fresh, Yeah, David.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers on the road, they had an excellent road record this year. Playing in Yankee Stadium could be really good for them. When you consider a guy like Taoscar Hernandez that can hammer that ball to right field. I mean, hitting that home run really just kind of got him going again. This could be a big shot in the arm for the Dodgers being on the road and plane with that short porch in Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 6: Yeah, honestly, Steve, when you talk about confidence and visualization, all Taoscar Hernandez has to do is think back to June. That's when the Dodgers were at Yankee Stadium during the regular season, and he had two home runs in the game and had a huge three game series against the Yankees. So the Dodgers have had success against the Yankees, not just in the World Series but also in the regular season. So Taoskar Hernandez knows all about that and certainly can channel that back as well if he needs confidence.
Speaker 3: Dave, I'm curious being at the workout yesterday and being around this team as much as you have been. It's been that next man up mentality. They've had guys go down for long times. You know, Freddy had the finger injury that he played through, but Mookie Betts was out with the hand injury. Guys have been on the IR or the IL a lot this year. With that being said, if Showey wasn't able to play tonight, and we hear he's probably gonna play if he wasn't, this is a team that's battle tested. What's the vibe you got from this the guys last night during the workout, whether he's able to play that that you know they could be successful without him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they You know, they were a team that dealt with a lot of injuries this regular season and they still have a really deep group of players. Otani cannot be replaced. They all understand that, but there are different players as a unit that they could try to help compensate for the loss of Otani and look, we'll see how good his swings are. I think back to Cody Bellinger in twenty I said that right after the game after Game two on Dodger talk about how Otani's left shoulder popping out reminded me of when Cody's left shoulder popped out during the twenty LCS And the very next game he hit a home run. And I actually got a text from Cody when I reached out to him and he said, yeah, I kind of looked like it it popped in and it popped back out, or it popped out and popped back in. So guys can play with this. The only question is moving forward, is this going to be a situation similar to Cody Bellinger where he is going to have to have that lab from repaired if it keeps popping out.
Speaker 4: David, looking forward to Game four bullpen game, I was wondering who might be the bulk inning to pitcher if they do in fact have one of those. And also I think gonna be the key down the stretch is going to be Blake trying and coming out of the bullpen. This guy's got some of the most wicked, nasty stuff. The hitters know what's coming. It's gonna be that great slider, or it's gonna be that bowling ball into the right hander. I think he's going to be the key down the stretch out of the bullpen. But what does that bulk guy look like in Game four?
Speaker 6: To you, I'm not sure they're going with a bulk guy, Steve. I'm a big proponent of what they did in Game four the NLBS against the Padres, where they went with all their high leverage relievers to win that game. It was a must win game. They were going home if they lost. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers win tonight and they have a chance to close out the Yankees tomorrow that they don't do something similar to that. And now, if it is a bulk innings type of situation, it's hard for me to say who that is, Steve, because everything is contingent on how tonight goes. Nobody the way Dave Roberts is going to deploy his relievers tomorrow. I'm sure the Dodgers have their preference of how they would like to do it, but nobody knows until you see how this game unfolds and how deep Bueler can go.
Speaker 3: All right, David, the biggest question we waiting to ask you all morning long is Brad Paisley in the National Anthem on Friday night. Neither of us were there for the National Anthem itself. You had Brad in studio in the booth for Dodger Talk afterwards. All right, tell Saxy your thoughts on the National Anthem that Brad Paisley performed your conversation afterwards, and tell him a little bit about the backstory about what happened in Nashville, because I started to tell him what you did in Nashville and orchestrating this get together, and he couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe that you put this whole thing together with Brad Paisley. Explain a little bit about that.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, the winter meetings were in Nashville, Sexy, You remember that, right, Yes, that's where all the gms convene and managers convened. Front offices convene every first week of December. And Brad Paisley, he's a big listener to Dodger Talk, said Hey, why don't you come to my farm I've got a bar. It's like its own building where you could come do the show and we'll hang out after. So I said all right, and he said, hey, do you think Dave Roberts and Andrew Friedman would be interested in coming to I said, I'm not sure. I mean, I'll be doing my show. So you know, I reached out to them, and Brad reached out. I gave Brad their numbers to reach out as well, and he invited them over. It eventually turned into the entire Dodgers front office coming over. He kidded some great Nashville Mexican food of all things. It was solid, and from there we were enjoying. I did Dodger talk. I had a good time from the bar. And then after that, you know, Andrew Freeman was trying to put together a trade with the Rays for Tyler glass now and he he sent a text over to Eric Neander and called him and said, hey, we're at Brad Paisley's farm. And Neander thought it was a joke. He didn't actually believe it, and once once he convinced him that he really was at Brad Paisley's farm. Neander brought over a few of his front office people. We hung out a little bit longer into the wee hours of the morning in Nashville, and the framework of a Tyler glass now Ryan Peppio trade was put in place.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable, a little Bibery going on, maybe a little tipping of the whiskey glass.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, maybe maybe nobody was Nobody of the of those groups were over.
Speaker 4: Sure, that's that. I understand that. But but David, look, you got to tell Brad that anytime he needs a drummer for you know, maybe whiskey lullaby, she's everything. Remind me, I don't know, wait, not a woman ticks whatever, whatever hit you want. Of course, I mean who isn't Yeah love country Western music and Brad Paisley is is a stalwart in the business, of course, But you know, yeah, that that's amazing story, David, right there?
Speaker 1: How did he do in the National anthem? David? On Friday night?
Speaker 4: Was it American?
Speaker 6: He was good? I thought he was solid. I thought he was solid, and he can't he started play the anthem. It was a tough spot and emotional moment after the moment of silence for Fernando and the flyover and all that. So I think under the circumstances he did a pretty good job.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad to hear that, and I'm glad if I was there, I would not have any inclination whatsoever to hum a registered official rawlings. You know, beautiful white baseball at his ankle and one hop him like I did with Kenny. With Kenny g Boy, I know that it was really good.
Speaker 6: Good for you. I think he did that for the people.
Speaker 4: Of course I did. He had a little cot on the fibula, you know what I mean, nothing wrong with that. I knew I was gonna have a good defensive game after I hit him right in the fibula.
Speaker 8: That was.
Speaker 1: Right, David.
Speaker 3: We appreciated great stuff over the weekend. Again, if you didn't listen to Dodger Talk on Friday night, it was unbelievable hearing Brad Paisley in the booth with David.
Speaker 1: All the reaction, David was one, what's that?
Speaker 6: It wasn't Springsteen.
Speaker 1: I don't think you realize Brad Springsteen.
Speaker 4: Brad Paie, what are you talking about Springsteen? There's no comparisons. I don't know him. I know, Brad Paisley, but.
Speaker 3: You did a great job with the interview on the Field with Freddie Freeman afterwards.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic. Again, if you didn't listen to it, check it out on.
Speaker 4: The Podcoles Brad Paisley and goes out to his house. You can't get it anywhere else. I mean, that's David, that's what he does. But to David's just Brad. He doesn't, you know, it's just buddy Brad. Yeah, they're both, you know, I guess, I guess, you know, dude.
Speaker 6: Take this guy. He's a huge Dodger fan. He wants like his own personalized Dodger talk every day.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll get him on here. We'll have him on here.
Speaker 6: All right. I'll let him know you're interested, Steve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a big Paisley fan. Please tell him.
Speaker 6: I think we I'd have to, you know, make it a phone interview because I feel like in person it might be a DeNiro the fan type of situation.
Speaker 3: Good reference, good reference. David, appreciate it getting up this morning. We'll hear you all day long on the station, and the first pitch coming up at five o eight. Until then, Thanks Dave, Thanks.
Speaker 6: David, all right, guys, thanks, all right.
Speaker 3: There he goes David Investige. I'm telling you this story is unbelievable. What happened in Ville. You're in the world.
Speaker 4: I mean, it just had legs, right, It just kept going and going and going. People just kept showing up. Pretty soon Glass now showing up. It's like a house party on a Friday night. All of a sudden. I can imagine out hist his at his farm. They have some good jams going out there. They probably practice out there. You know, it's open air and you could just as loud as cows dig it. I'm sure absolutely, you.
Speaker 3: Know he and Steve said, Tim Kate's with you hearing saxon Kate's and the AM on this Monday morning. One more segment to go before we wrap things up. Your phone calls when we come back, and Steve's keys to a game three win next right here on n f I seventy l A Sports.
Speaker 1: It's been a great run Monday morning.
Speaker 4: Come on is this song is called Fucked Off and this is easy to play his drums. I mean, we gotta get I gotta get into the page league. Man, Just let me play one song. I can do this easy.
Speaker 1: You can just hear a song and just start. Yeah, you start drumming.
Speaker 4: That's easy. He's clicking on the side of the drum right now, on the side of the snare.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were a drummer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I played since the nine years old.
Speaker 1: Did you play the marching band too?
Speaker 6: I did. I was killed.
Speaker 4: I was carrying tim I was such a nerd when I was a freshman. I was five three one oh five, soaking wet, soaking wet, and I was carrying the bass drum in the marching band. And I had the big one, the great big one, and I had to look to the side to find out where my next marching where I go next, because I couldn't look over the drum because it was three times bigger than me. And then the next summer, I grew like six inches in one summer, you know, hit the purbity stage and kind of grew up, and people I came to school recognize me. And then I got in the stage band, where I had the whole set that I could sit in the stage and play. Then I was rock and then oh yeah, that was a lot.
Speaker 1: Did you ever play in a band, yes, garage band.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I sat in with bands a lot because I always played in the school band, so I was able to sit in with. I played in the Beach boy Is twice in concert, which was really fun. Excuse me, the Beach Boys. Yeah, you got to be the Beach Boys. Sure, yep, you got to play the drums the Beach Boys, Yes, I did. Mike Kowalski, the drummer, was a baseball and we met in Chicago and he let me play twice with both the band. It was great that I was scared to death, Oh, scared to death?
Speaker 1: Did you know the songs orre you just going off?
Speaker 4: Who doesn't know Barbaran and you know that those aren't you got to play? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, my god, Yeah, it was really cool. It's fun, and I was scared to death anyway.
Speaker 1: More scared doing that or playing in a world sooner?
Speaker 4: Oh no, playing in the in the in the Beach Boy is way more scary, because that's not really my you know, my method of operandi. I guess you'd say, right.
Speaker 1: But if you messed up, nobody really they could tell.
Speaker 4: Well, if you do little little things mess up, they can't really tell, right. I just blamed it on the other drummer anyway, you know, that is so anyway, I got to get into the Brad Paisley and add that one on though. That would be a good add.
Speaker 3: On, That would be very cool. Yes, absolutely, we gotta make that happen. He's a Dodger fan. Him and Dave have a very close relationship. Don't want to step on that, of course, but maybe you could open the door a little bit and we can get Brad Pantley on the show here. That'd be kind of fun. How about the bagels. We just got Western Bagel with the blue bagels. I am such an idiot, I'm like, why are the bagels blue? Zach, You're like because of the Dodgers, you moron. And then Zach, our assistant here is a is a mooey Tai guy. So him and I are talking about Karate moutie. So when mister Western Bagel came in and there was only blue bagels with no you know, no raisins or cinnamon, I did do a mock version and gave him a kick right right in the old right the bagel hole. You kicked the guy in the bay the bagel hole because he's wearing a giant bagel and I could have stuck my foot right in his bagel center. I did I did hear an audible gasp. I think he knocked the wind out of the guy or gal whoever was in that mister bagel.
Speaker 4: It was funny.
Speaker 1: Then you asked the bagel a question. Well, you wait for them to talk to you.
Speaker 4: He didn't talk. I guess those guys in those suits never that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Can you give us the joke you gave the bagel?
Speaker 6: Uh No, not on the A.
Speaker 3: This is a family show, Tim. Let's squeeze in a call or two if we can. Before we get to Steve's keys U. Let's go to Father Gary in Burbank. Father Gary, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 6: Good morning guys.
Speaker 8: I didn't know that Steven was such a renaissance man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is awesome.
Speaker 8: Love love to tell him.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, I just want to say that I think that La, the whole city, the whole production of the world series has just been amazing, right from the moment of the moment of silence for Fernando to Bratt Baisley playing that that it was like it was Whitney Houston esque that that national anthem, and then ice Cube watching Dave Roberts bob his head to some of those lyrics, guys, and I got to say that New York, New York has to really come out and do something special. I don't expect the Yankees to roll over at all, but I want to. I want to put this out to the city in New York can see if they can match what LA has done pregame, postgame, all of this stuff. You guys, Brad, Paisley, David say, you guys, we got it here in La, man. And I can tell you how proud I am to be out here in LA watching all this, guys. God bless you, God bless the Dodgers. Long live October Baseball.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Father Gary.
Speaker 4: We appreciate that, Father Grrett. He's will call him marketing father Gary. Right, he's in a marketing too, very good at that, all right. Game three tonight, Saxy Dodgers a two oh series lead. What's the key to another win tonight? Well, obviously the key is to start fast, and you want to get these guys on the defensive and kind of eliminate some of the things that they do. And so look, the key to me is going to be Walker. Buller obviously can walk or get off to a great start. Shove and keep Aaron Judge at bay. Don't wake up that monster whatever you do, especially with that right field porch that he loves to exploit. Walker Bueller's got to be on key tonight.
Speaker 3: Game three is to Goo Night Dodges on deck at four o'clock, first pitch five away from the Galpa Motors broadcast booth. Thanks to Zach, Thanks to Michelle, Thanks to Tracy Murray for bringing in the great food this morning and being a great listener to scam here on a FI seventy LA Sports It's Sax and Kate's and am back at it tomorrow morning, Brighton early at six am recapping Game three, Get you ready for Game four.
Speaker 1: Colin Cowhert is next