Speaker 1: Brian Thomas, please to welcome my next guest, Mark Beckman tchech out his resume.
Speaker 2: I can't read it all.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't have any time to talk about his new books Some Future Day, How Ai Is Going to Change Everything. He is the CEO of an award winning advertising agency, DMA United, and he has well worked on campaigns for literally every major company in the country. Embraces and emerging technology and effort to augment campaigns, including We're going to be talking about it artificial intelligence, and he's used that a variety of wastes for his advertising campaigns. He show Some Future Day examines technology, culture in the law, all kinds of really notable guests. He's also of the best selling comprehensive guide NFTs Digital Artwork Blockchain Technology, a highly a claimed book that is Welcome to the show, Mark Beckman, Let's talk about your book Some Future Day, How Ai Is Going To Change Everything. It's good to have you on the Morning show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Thank you so much for having me, and thank you for that very very very nice introduction.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it well, and you know, based on your resume it was quite abbreviated. I tried to get the key elements in but it is impressive what you've been able to do. Let's talk about AI. I'm old enough to remember when it was a big thing that IBM invented Big Blue, which actually beat a human being in the game of chess. That's peanuts compared to what this stuff can do today. And I think, and I know your book presents I think in an optimistic way how this is going to benefit, you know, the masses, But I think most people are afraid of it, like I'm going to be out of a job, kind of afraid.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's for sure. People are concerned as they are with every technology and what my book does, and I think your audience would appreciate it. I'm sure there are tons of people in your audience who are smart and curious and beginners. And for those beginners who are interested in learning how they can enhance their career, make more money, improve their family, I've improved their communities. My book brings those beginners into the world of artificial intelligence, and after every chapter, I actually provide the reader with tools that they can use today to start implementing. Whether that means they want to learn how to create new artwork, or write a song, or how to you know, create more efficiencies at work with emails and writing even business. You know, so many of us struggle. We have a new business idea, but we don't want to write the business plan. I mean now literally, with these new tools, we can write a business plan in a matter of minutes.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. So I lay that all out in my new.
Speaker 3: Book some future day, how AI is going to change everything? And you know, obviously it's on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, target all the big booksellers. But it's pretty straightforward and that's why I'm very optimistic about it. I think that this will have very very positive implications to everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey, and your book also is available on my blog page at fifty five caresee dot com. Always put the book, authors books and a link to buy them on my blog page. So that's one more mechanism so my listeners can always remember that. Now, I guess my concern on this, And you know, I practiced law for a long time, sixteen years. I've been on the radio for nineteen, but prior to that, sixteen years of practicing law, and I know they're using AI to create legal briefs. Part of The thing about being a lawyer was it required critical thinking analysis. You had to do the work yourself, which helped you improve the case, manage the direction of the arguments and articulating them. It helped the juices in the brain flow, and I think that benefit of the client. And when you talk about like having it write a business plan if you're got a great idea for a business, isn't part of developing the business itself sitting down and contemplating as you write a business plan to help you, you know, steer the direction of the business model. I mean it forces you to think, I just worry about AI maybe dumbing us down. It doesn't require It takes away the logic and the in the creative component that your brain works on, and I think that part benefits you and helps you develop as a person.
Speaker 3: So it's a it's a great question, particularly from me because my background.
Speaker 2: Is law as well.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so I'll tell you something cool on one of my episodes. I'd love to send it to you somehow. But on one of my episodes on my show Some Future Day on youtubet, I introduced to my audience the first political figure who uses artificial intelligence to draft a bill, and you can imagine.
Speaker 2: His name is Clyde Vanelle.
Speaker 3: He's here in New York City, and you can imagine Assemblyman Clyde got into a.
Speaker 2: Lot of trouble.
Speaker 3: His constituency went ballistic on him. But what he admitted was that he had to go and apply that personal touch that you were talking about, your concern his creativity at the end of the day, And I right about this in my book too. If you look at machine versus man, man still wins that creative element. You're right, we could be creative with artificial intelligence, but it's not going to get that emotional connection. You can't break through the way Bob Dylan does. You can't break through the way Pablo Picasso does. So for sure humans will beat the machines every single time. And I get into like some fun stories. The book isn't just technical with regards to say, use this tool if you want to create a painting, use this tool.
Speaker 2: If you want to create a photograph.
Speaker 3: But I get into like these types of stories and issues too, and I get and I go deep into the idea of like the human spirit, our ability as creators to touch emotion is far superior than algebra, and at the end of the day, AI is literally algebra, it's predicting. So I'm with you on that humans are going to beat machines all day long.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, in terms of drafting a bill, I you know and understand how legislative drafting is done. You take the Code of Federal Regulars for example, when you see a bill out of Congress, you have to refer back to the original coda feder regulations to see what the original reg stated. They never incorporate that language into a new builder work and on, they just change things within it. So artificial intelligence can go a long way because it can easily digest thousands and thousands of pages of rags and make sure what you're writing now you know it goes, you know, falls in line with what's already on the book. So that is a great advance. It takes out the human error component of that and a lot of man hours or hours of work. But you know, I guess I wonder in terms of other things like well, maybe human error we have to worry about that, and it takes out that element of human error. But these artificial intelligence platforms are programmed by humans. So you got that whole garbage in, garbage out kind of concern, and we've seen some of that pop up with artificial intelligence being rolled out, Like how come there's so much bias in one direction with everything this system turns out, like chat GPT for example.
Speaker 3: That's a great question. So my book gets into this issue. It's a real issue, the idea of racism, sexism, and bias. And what you're talking about is the way that these llms, these large language models, are trained, and when they're trained effectively, what's happening is for your audience, the tech companies like open Ai and Microsoft that are building the llms, they're taking a corpus of information and data from humanity and feeding them into the computer to give the effectively the intelligence the artificial intelligence life.
Speaker 2: But let's face it, a lot of.
Speaker 3: That information is not just faulty in the way that you spoke about garbage in, garbage out, but it's also missing huge blocks of data. So think in terms of like the mid century, nineteen fifties, when certain parts of our population weren't included, weren't even able to draft certain research papers and research studies. So if you look at, for example, the Nobel Prize winner is going through.
Speaker 2: The forties and the fifties, they're typically.
Speaker 3: Just representative of one gender, of one skin color, and we're missing out a ton of points of view. There are no winning winners in the Noble Award arena in the nineteen fifties because they weren't allowed to participate. So the other issue that's never going to be fixable, it will always be biased to your point, is the fact that those points of view are not included from that time period when these llms were trained. So it really is an issue, but it is getting better. So there's the issue of let's say, explicit bias, which I think is what you were focused on, But then there's this implicit bias which is going to stay forever.
Speaker 1: I'm talking with Mark Beckman off of the book Some Future Day How AI is Going to Change Everything? And any book you suggests that artificial intelligence might have the ability to strengthen family bonds and improve the quality of our home wives along. How might that work out? And stood what are you referring to?
Speaker 2: Okay, I love that.
Speaker 3: You bring it up, and I'm going to give you an example of something that came my way, as you can imagine, because of the book.
Speaker 2: All I'm doing is meeting people who.
Speaker 3: Are coming at me and talking about artificial intelligence.
Speaker 2: All day, every day.
Speaker 3: And this is a crazy story, but it's true, and you know, maybe it's good. So there's a couple, young couple probably in their thirties living in Texas that came to me and they were like, we want to tell you the story. We've been fighting like crazy, and I guess the husband has a lack of desire to be cooperative with his wife and go to a marriage counselor. So they negotiated and the deal is, believe it or not, it's nuts, is that chatchpt is the marriage counselor and every time they have an argument, they enter their arguments into chat gypt to find a resolution. And as weird as this sounds, it's true and it's been helping their marriage. So this is like one of the most bizarre, Like I definitely didn't write about this in the book, Like this wasn't something I expected. But people are becoming creative and now they're using chat e ept to have a better married life.
Speaker 1: That's unusual, you know, taking the place of a therapist. And I can hear people in the therapy community going, oh my god, AI is going to put me out of business. But that takes out that human element.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: If I meet you in person, we sit down and we talk, I can gauge the type of person you are. I can see how you react to different situations. I can understand your emotions and how you know, maybe maybe you're you fly off the handle quickly or you react differently different based on different subject matters. And I don't understand how artificial intelligence can can can grasp that human element. You type of question in my wife and I are fighting about this, that doesn't really fully appreciate the whole situation that's going on.
Speaker 3: I want to take you a little further down this path, so think in terms of a well, first of all, I want to tell you there will inevitably be a whole You keep referring to job loss, and there will definitely be a huge elimination of jobs, white collar jobs, professionals, lawyers and the like. And there have already been great advances, and I talk about this in the book. I break out different business sectors in the book finance, medicine, the creative industries, fashion, art, music, Hollywood, and there have been tremendous advances in the medical industry. For example, think in terms of discovering diagnosing illnesses. Google created a vertical called AMY. It's a type of artificial intelligence that they've trained and almost with one hundred percent accuracy.
Speaker 2: Now they could discover.
Speaker 3: And diagnose rare diseases and old diseases that have.
Speaker 2: Even been eliminated from society. So they're doing great with that. Think about this.
Speaker 3: Imagine if you have a child who is ten years old and she's starting to struggle with some issues, and you use artificial intelligence to diagnose what your child's mental illness might be, and then from there you can go to a doctor and start working with a doctor.
Speaker 2: Well, the child will also.
Speaker 3: Have at you know, I think eventually really soon actually like it's on us now, an AI agent which could work with them in so many different ways. And that AI agent that could serve almost as like a technological like robotic type of therapist, will also remember all of your child's issues. The child might feel freer speaking to something that is just a robot, let's say, versus then the human, and that artificial intelligence will remember all of your child's fears and frailties and issues and problems to take that along with her for her entire life. They're going to see the same thing change as it. Really it's the educ tutors where you know forever, the artificial intelligence will build and work with your child in different ways. From an academic perspective, they'll build on it through years and years and years of fostering a relationship and training itself in a specialized way. I can see that specific to your child's needs. So again these are like foreign concepts, but there could be benefits. And again my perspective is AI is simply a tool. It's only math, and it should be not It should not be replacing the professionals and the humans.
Speaker 2: But if the professionals could use.
Speaker 3: Them as a tool, it could provide our society with tremendous benefits.
Speaker 1: Lots take in here, get a copy of it some future day. How AI is going to change everything. It's been a pleasure talking with you, Mark Beckman. Really appreciate the time you spit my listeners and me, and I'm sure they're going to grab up a copy of that book fifty five cares dot Com to do. So thanks for your time. Have a wonderful day, My friend,