Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. He hope you're well on this Sunday morning, soon to be afternoon, the final day of the regular season. You're Dodgers ninety seven and sixty four, twenty twenty four NL West Divisional champions as they finish off the regular season with the best record in all of baseball. After beating the Rockies the first two games of this series in Denver, today they look to go in to the postseason with a little bit of a sweep over the Rockies. Game one, sixty two. Anthony Banda on the mount as the opener landon knack, expected to get a bulk of the innings afterwards. First bitch coming up at twelve ten. Coming up over the next hour. Here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the manager himself. Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vase will go one on one with Travis Smith, strength and conditioning coach for the Dodgers. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Wantson. We got your magical moment coming up and in just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth with Rick Monday and Tim Neverwell. Last night in Denvery, Yamamoto with his final tune up the Dodgers offense tuned up the Rockies pitching Yoshinobu. Yamamoto got the start, his final one before the playoffs. He'd go five Indians, allowed two runs on four hits, struck out six along the way. It was his longest outing since coming back from the shoulder injury. Meanwhile, the Dodgers' bats were on fire. In the second two on for Kik.
Speaker 3: Stretch My sends a tail of the pitch and Kik hits a high drive to center field, heading toward the wall.
Speaker 4: This Boss, God, it's a home run for Kik, a three run shot of the Dodgers waited three to one. Kick k Hernandez with home run number twelve upon the center field four hundred and thirty feet.
Speaker 3: The chance of Keik here in Colorado. What a blast by Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Three run home run for a Kik, his twelfth of this season. They're chanting his name and Coors Field, Dodgers a three to one leading the third, Mookie Bets scored on the pass ball, Dodgers up four to one. In the fourth, Kevin Kiermyron Army high single Dodgers a five to two lead. In the fifth, ta Oscar Hernandez busted in wide open with the breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 3: They sing ti Oscar Hernandez with one out and runners at the corners. First pitch to.
Speaker 4: Tioscar has drilled the left center field way back in, got a run. Tascar Hernandez a free run shot and the Dodgers lead at eight to two. For Tioscar, a career high home run number thirty three, and he's got ninety nine runs batting in on the season. What a shot for ti Oscar Hernandez. It traveled four hundred and twenty nine feet on the first pitch as he greeted the brand new really with a three run homer.
Speaker 2: Three run home run for tay Oscar Dodgers in eight to two lead. That's the breath of fresh air moment of the game. Presented by a Tara Mechanical looking for reliable and heating air conditioning services in Southern California.
Speaker 5: Look No.
Speaker 2: Further than a Tara Mechanical, your trusted partner, Omar Brittany. The founders are great people. Their service is more than just a solution. It's a breath of fresh air. From the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on his service at a fair price. Dodgers up big, and they weren't done. Will Smith and RBI single the eight Dodges up nine to two, and the ninth Chris Taylor RBI single, Gavin Luck's RBI single, Max Munsey a two run double Dodgers with four runs of the ninth piloted on the Rockies as they went at thirteen to two, thirteen runs on eighteen hits, six extra base hits. Dodgers now ninety seven and sixty four and today the final game of the regular season. Anthony Bunda on the mound is the opener, first pitch of twelve ten and with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Rick Monday and Tim Neffer. Guys, Tim, thank you very much again.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful day here in the Mile High City. We've been really lucky here in late September to have such great weather for this season ending series. As we come to game number one hundred and sixty two and the Dodgers, with the best record in Major League Baseball the number one seed throughout the playoffs, we'll have home field all the way through ninety seven and sixty four. They've won four straight. Meantime, the Rockies have back to back seasons with one hundred losses. They are sixty one in one hundred and Today's pitching matchup will feature Ryan Feltner, the right hander for Colorado. He's three to ten. Anthony Bonda will be the opener of the left hander. This is something we might see during the postseason. Landon Knack is expected to follow. But one thing we are following today is the Triple Crown watch. It's been since nineteen thirty seven since the National leaguer has won the Triple Crown. Ducky Medwick was the last Triple Crown winner in the National League. The games are all at the same time. Today, Mo luis leading off for San Diego Show, He's leading off for the Dodgers. We're going to have constant updates every time they come.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I mean this has grown a great deal of interest obviously, and for show. Hey, Otana, he has done just an absolutely remarkable job. This Dodger ball club. By the way, congratulations a lot of different things. Oh, yes, they're headed to a postseason. Yes, the best record, and if we stop and look is at how they got to the best record. It's really amazing. Free conversation I have with Dave Roberts in the hotel today before coming to the ballpark and just talking about, hey, look, he really had the maneuver as every team does in and around injuries. But if you look at this Dodger pitching staff, forty different pitchers, seventeen different starting pitchers. Yes, there have been injuries. There's still two question marks in as far as injuries, that being with Miguel Rojas and also with Freddy Freeman. If they're going to be ready and how much they're going to be ready the percentile on Saturday when that kicks off, Well we'll address that on Saturday. But this Dodger ball club, boy, they have a lot to really sell when they finally get on exhale, get on that plane, go back to LA today. But there's still a lot to be done. And when Otani comes to home plate, gets to the ballgame, you're looking with both eyes on the field. On the other hand, you're looking at a record book. It's been amazing.
Speaker 3: It's appointment listening today. Folks will tell you when he's coming up, when he's on deck, and when he's due up. So Otani on Triple Crown Watch today, something that is just very rarely seen in baseball. Just to follow up on the injury situation too, Dave Roberts telling us in the dugout a few moments ago that he is expecting Freddy Freeman to play Saturday in Game one of the the LDS. Miguel ro Hoski figures he's going to be fine if there's any issue with Freddie Freeman this week. What the Dodgers are going to do is they're going to flip flop keyk Hernandez and Max Munsey. So months he's going to work out this week at first base. Keyk is going to go over to third, even though he's playing first today. As Dave called it, more of a short term solution. So that's something they're thinking of as a plan. Beat.
Speaker 6: I think it's an excellent backup plan because if you look at it Max Months. He has much more time at first base in his career than kk hernanis. And then you're looking at the rain situation. Her Nanea is better range at third base. That's something that to put in their hip pocket as Plan B. They don't want to go to Plan B, no question about it. But the big question is going to be is it Freddy Freeman? We've not received any updates, DoD There's no much more than we do down in that dugout in the locker room. But what about the lateral movement? What about the swing? It's for Freddy his right foot, that's the front foot for a hitter, doesn't present that big of a problem from a hitting standpoint, But what about maneuverability defensively and running the bases.
Speaker 3: Speaking of running the bases and defense, Kevin Kiermayer today is available for both, but not to hit. He dislocated a finger on his left hand and last night's game, so he's unable to hit, but he is going to be available off the bench should they need a pinch runner or he can play defense. The Dodgers also calling up James Autman today, a center fielder who a little earlier this afternoon was working out in centerfield with Clayton McCullough and he is available off the bench today too, with Justin Robluski being optioned to make room for out mc kier meyer.
Speaker 6: We saw him dive into a second base last night and as he was walking off the field tugging at a finger, he immediately left the game. So that's going to be the thing. And here locally, the watches on Charlie Blackman, who will play his final game in a Rockies uniform. Pregame celebrations and there's gonna be a lot of celebrations for Blackmen even during the game.
Speaker 3: Blackman will lead off and play center field, where he started his fourteen year career with Colorado. All right, the Dodgers and Rockies ready to wrap up the regular season, and we'll have the first pitch in just a little while.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thank you very much. As we count down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken to Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with our Dodger insider of course, David Vase. We'll visit with Travis Smith, the Dodger strength and conditioning coach, up next, so we'll hear from Kirsten Watson and we'll get your Otani re run. It's we lead you out to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Rockies Game one sixty two. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katess, Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 1: This Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies on this Sunday afternoon. Anthony Bonda is your opener. Ryan Feltner will go for Colorado first pitch, coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 3: The numbers that he's putting up, we try to chronicle them all. It's difficult because of the damage he's been doing to opposing pitching. And he hammers won the right field that's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be over the head of the right fielder off the wall, and a long single for Otani and he is one for one.
Speaker 3: Chris Well stretch. He's set up the belt, the rocky right handle will throw home and this ball hit on the ground in the right field to base hit. Otani is two for three.
Speaker 2: Shoey Otani goes two for five last night on base three times. He swipes stolen base number fifty eight. Otani now hitting three to ten on this season. He's only four points behind Luisa Rise for the top spot in the National League. Otani leads the National League with fifty four home runs one hundred and thirty rbi. Could he get to the triple crown. We'll find out after today's game. Otani rewind brought to by Eto ns o oh Ja, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that shoey Otani loves and drinks available at a local Diso stores Amazon at etoin dot com. That's it o e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us from Coors Field in Denver. It's game one sixty two of the regular season. The Dodgers get ready for the NLDS, which begins next Saturday at Dodgers Stadium. And today in the finale Kirsen the Dodgers going with an opener.
Speaker 7: They sure are, so Anthony Bonda, he's got the start today, and DEEE Roberts was saying, this is situation. We know that Landon Neck is going to take down the bulk of the innings today, but this is a situation that just allows both guys to be put in a situation that we could see come October. So for Anthony Bonda, he there's a potential that whether it's a bullpenning game, whether it's he's kind of getting to start for a guy he's an opener for someone to take down the bulk with the innings, he might have a start come October.
Speaker 5: So this prepares him for that.
Speaker 7: But then it also prepares Landon Neck that if he is going to pitch behind an opener, obviously we've been seeing him start from a doeritium this year in which he's been with the big league team, but if he were to come in behind an opener, this is just another way to kind of practice that. So it's yes, of course the final tune up for literally everyone with it be in Game one sixty two, but still trying to put some situations into play that we could see come October.
Speaker 2: And speaking and coming seeing in October first base. We don't know what we're going to see with Freddy Freeman and his availability with his ankles. So what's the plan?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I guess first and foremost, the good news with Freddy Freeman is that each day he's progressed getting better. He is Dave Robinson that he saw a video of him walking from the training staff. He's still walking relatively gingerly, but the fact that he's just you know, putting more weight on it, trying to have a little bit more of a.
Speaker 5: Smoother walk, is a good thing. They do still expect.
Speaker 7: Him to be ready to go for Game one of the NLDS this weekend or two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this weekend.
Speaker 7: Here in Colorado, we've been seeing Keith ky Hernandez primarily playing at first base, and so Dave is saying, if for some reason, Freddie takes a little bit longer for that ankle to heal and he needs some more time, then we could be seeing.
Speaker 5: Key K at first.
Speaker 7: But there's also the thought to switch Key K and Max Mounsey. Obviously, we know that Max Monsey was a first base. He went this team for a little bit as well, so we could be seeing Max Monsey playing at first base, Kyk at third, but Dave said they're going to use this week back at home in between obviously this game today before the start of the NLDS to allow for Max Monsey to get reps as well, just in case it needs to.
Speaker 2: Be real quick here. So what's the mood of this team game one to sixty two. Imagine these guys eager to get back home and have a couple of days off.
Speaker 7: Listen, I think when we're ready to get out of Denver, there's that too, you know what.
Speaker 5: One sixty two is a grind.
Speaker 7: And so for this team to obviously whether it's been injuries, just whether it's rotation position players. I mean, now we're seeing Freddie Freeman battling an injury and you could see just the life sucked out of everyone in that moment, the scare.
Speaker 5: We saw Mookie Bets have a fractured hand.
Speaker 7: This year, there's been so much happening, so I think to just feel that, Wow, not only do they overcome all of that, A lot of guys we saw make their major league debuts.
Speaker 5: We've seen different arms. We've really beneficial whether.
Speaker 7: It's to the rotation to the bullpen, everything has played out the way it's supposed to, and this team is ending on a high note. You know, they're number one overall, they've clinched home field advantage throughout the entire postseason. So as much as they're definitely ready for one sixty two to be done, everyone's excited to be getting out of here back to La but also it's kind of like that they're also so excited for what's to come. So you do have to kind of celebrate once sixty two because it is a grind and you've now made it through phase I guess that part of the season and now is okay. Now let's gear up for this postseason run because they do want it to be something special.
Speaker 2: Well, Happy one sixty two to you. We will check in with you.
Speaker 5: Happy one sixty two.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with you after the games.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Kres is brought to by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now with Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with a case still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. David Vassa will check in, but up next an injury report. Hey, we'll get the pregame thought to the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Rockies Game one sixty two, first pitch of twelve ten. I'm Tim katesus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Moronggo Casino Dodgers on deck continues as we lead you up to first pinch Marongo Casino Resort and spy a grand slam for good times. First pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Kevin Kiermeier dislocated his finger last night. He is day today. That's why James Outman is with the team. Freddie Freeman's brain right ankle back in LA getting treatment. Miguel Rojas banged up torn left adductor. He is back in LA getting treatment to get ready for the NLDS. Bruce Dargradorolt done for the year. Tyler glassnow Gavin Stone, both placed on the sixty day il they will not be able to help out this Dodger team come the postseason. Two guys that are trying to get their way back and be on the postseason roster, Clayton Kershaw and Tony Gonson. We'll see what both have in store. This is the last day to win Freddie Freeman's autograph, Jersey. Sign up for your chance to win a cleanla dot com Just take a survey sharing what you've learned for about recycling beverage containers. That's cleanla dot Com for a chance to win Freddie Freeman's autograph Jersey. All right, let's head back out to Denver and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 6: Anything else with this.
Speaker 8: Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Robbers?
Speaker 9: I think it is cause for celebration to get, you know, to one sixty two and a lot has gone on this season.
Speaker 10: H Bill.
Speaker 9: It's a grind. It's it's a grind for all of us. But finished strong and then get a few days to recover and get ready to.
Speaker 11: Go to work with all that you still have baseball's best record with all the pitchers you've used over forty What does that say about the way you guys have been able to manage all that.
Speaker 9: It says a lot about everyone, it really does. That's an organizational you know, win for all of us, getting the backfill players, guys that I've never even heard of that have pitched valuable inning for us or played me taking at bats, just to tap into the depth, you know. And we've done a great job. The players have bought in and you know, not made excuses, which I appreciate. And and here we are, you know, with the best record, and so we've accomplished mission.
Speaker 11: Our first mission, Dave, you've had Kyk play first base this entire series. Is that the thought if Freddy can't go in the playoffs, that Keik would be your first baseman.
Speaker 9: Not necessarily, Well, my expectation is Freddy's going to be there. If it is a longer term situation, I would consider flipping Max and Keyk and we'll and just depending on how Freddie, which he has been improving each day, Max would then work out during the week during this bye week at first base. But again, I think this is more short, short term.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down that a doug out an update there on Freddie Freeman in the plan if he can't go in the NLDS. What Dave Roberts is going to do with Max Munsey flipping over to first base? All right? Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team. It's the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. At Service Titan. Help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David bass Say as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kates is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deech on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 2: Season Law Laws Dodgers in Denver as they wrap up the regular season against the Rockies Game one sixty two. Umpiring crew for today's game. Brought to you by Fred Loya Insurance celebrating fifty years of providing reliable, affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 11: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, we just heard from Dave Roberts talking about Freddie Freeman. What's the what's the gist you get though? What are you kind of feeling, David about Freddy? Is he going to be ready for this NLDS.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm sure Freddy is telling his manager, I'll be ready. I am getting better. But Dave Roberts has not put eyes on that right ankle and the way he described it as you heard that he's walking gingerly. That's not good enough to play first base in a regular season game, let alone a playoff game. And if he is able to play, my question is how is he going to be able to move laterally around that first base back? Is he going to be able to get ground balls that might go through the hole between him and Gavin Luck? So I think we won't know that answer until Friday at the earliest. Obviously, the Dodgers will have to submit their NLDS roster the morning of Game one, which is next Saturday. But yeah, I really believe it's It's not as certain as Freddie Freeman would like to make others believe.
Speaker 2: David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark and only be called F one fift. Speaking of decisions, David, the Dodgers are going to make some decision as far as the postseason or roster. Who are maybe some of the bubble guys.
Speaker 11: You think, well, I really believe with whatever Kevin Kiermyer tweaked yesterday, if he can't get it together, I really believe Chris Taylor will make this roster, especially if the Dodgers are facing the Padres in the NLDS, because I know the Padres have right handed starters, but they have three or four lefty relievers they could deploy during the game. So Chris Taylor has really turned his season around in the second half. He's hitting two ninety seven, and we all know that he has come up with some big swings and big catches for the Dodgers in the postseason. So I kind of feel like Chris Taylor is on this roster. And I'm not sure if you heard what Dave Roberts had to say as well about if Freddie Freeman cannot go in the NLDS. He said the Dodgers would have Max Munsey work out at first base this week and have Keik play third.
Speaker 2: Dave, real quick, No Gavin Lux in the lineup today against the right hander.
Speaker 11: Why he's not feeling well. He's under the weather. Nothing serious as far as that goes. But I'm sure you were aware of the fact that Yoshi Yamamoto was dealing with flu like symptoms the last seven to ten days. So maybe Gavin Lux picked up what Yamamoto had. But he'll be all right and he's just under the weather today.
Speaker 2: That was certainly good news. All right, Dave. We'll check back in with you just a little bit. Dodger fans and a handsherred listening and experience, download the iHeartRadio app and listen in HD. It's all powered by our friends at Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Travis Smith, strength and conditioning coach for the Dodgers, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers' Magical Moment Dodgers Rocky's first pitch at twelve ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies Game one sixty two. Anthony Bonda is your opener for the Dodgers and they'll have a week off before the NLDS score bag with Water for La. Take a survey and tell them what you've learned from Coach Roberts about smart water use. Complete the survey today your last day to do so, and enter to win a jersey autograph by coach Dave Roberts. Yeah, Waterfurla dot Com. That's Waterforla dot com.
Speaker 1: I know about who wants. It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot.
Speaker 2: Dogs sixty five years ago today, September twenty ninth, nineteen fifty nine, Dodgers taken on the Milwaukee Braves at a best of three tiebreaker series to determine the NL Pennant, a game that would go extra innings.
Speaker 10: They bouncer, over the mound, over second base, up with a man, Sat Bros, d Rived Rocks, thursdy Go Chpravo, the Cinderella team of the National League.
Speaker 3: For the first time in history, a seventh place club.
Speaker 10: Has come back to win the pennant the following year, Whether bad ahead to be the Dodgers, So Katy down in.
Speaker 1: The clubhouse, I'm not there to idle out the night.
Speaker 10: They'll go on the plane and the Dodger and we'll meet head on with the Chicago White X on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Then Scully on the call. Nineteen fifty nine, the Dodgers beat the Braves six to five in twelve innings to advance to the World Series against the Chicago White Sox, just the second season since moving out from Brooklyn to LA. The World Series would be played on the West Coast that year for the first time. This hockey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Talks, a so Cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you could purch is Crave Delicious Haffee hot Dogs. And we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check back in with Rick Monday. So we're leading you out to first pitch on this Sunday afternoon Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kaso's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino, Dodgers On, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Rockies. Anthony Bonda is your opener. Landon Acle will follow with the bulk of the Indians. First pitch from Denverest coming up at twelve ten. Dodger fans. Start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's LA Dodgers broadcaster there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 11: The final day of the regular season, the Dodgers have all the team things wrapped up as they get ready for the postseason. But Otani has a lot at steak well.
Speaker 6: He does not only the batting average, there's a possibility of a triple crown. Here's another area. Let me throw some numbers at you with Otani, because he needs just one extra basit to become just the sixth player in Major League baseball history to have at least fifty home runs, one hundred extra base hits, and the number of total bases of over four hundred. So he's at fifty four home runs, ninety nine extra base hits, four hundred and ten total bases. Well, if we look in baseball history again, only five players have done that. Surprisingly enough, three of them did it in two thousand and one, Luis Gonzalez, Semi Sosa, and Barry Bonds. Bonds and Sosa and Gonzalez the first ones to do it, says nineteen thirty two when Jimmy Fox did it. And Fox was the first one that did it since nineteen twenty one when Babe Ruth did it. So we're talking about all kinds of I said last night to Tim Nemitors. We're doing the broadcast. Every time Otani comes to people have their eyes on Otani and their hand on a record book.
Speaker 11: Rick I had some friends fly from LA to Denver to be here for these Dodger games.
Speaker 6: And they bet their arms are tired.
Speaker 11: They purposely picked seats in right field in hopes of catching an Otani home run. That's the level of Otani Mania going on.
Speaker 6: By the way, have you seen the auction, Yeah, for that for the baseball and the forty to forty baseball as well. Yeah, so the latest one. I think there's sixteen days left in the in the auction as well, over a million dollars. That being said, it's going to be exciting because basically Tim and I have talked about this, along with Dwayne McDonald during the during the broadcast, we'll be looking and seeing what not only Otani does, but also what's happening with Louis Arise with San Diego did not play yesterday, he'll be in the lineup today. So yeah, we'll do the blow game. And then they've seen conversation by the way with Dave robertson the elevator going down in the hotel today and first of all, congratulations, and I said it spent a long year, and he just rolled his eyes and he goes, yeah, especially with the pitching, because I mean forty different pitchers, seventeen different starting pitchers, and they've been able to wiggle their way through it. Now the question is going to be What about Miguil Rojas and what about Freddy Freeman. You and I were just having this chant a moment ago before we did this segment. We don't know how good of shape they're going to be in for Saturday. The doctors do have the benefit of a number of days until they have to play, but this is an uncertainty as far as the health of both Freeman and Rojas.
Speaker 11: Key k Hernandez gets the start again at first base. For a guy that played the majority of his career in the outfield and then being asked to play first base, can you appreciate what he's doing?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: And you look at Gavin Look so initially he was in the lineup today, then he was scratched. Have not gotten the word as to why. But his bat has come a lot, Will Smith swinging the bat a little bit better, Austin Barnes will be in there today. And before we go away, I know we still have games to do, but it's a postseason. Want to thank you and congratulate you because you work as hard as anybody in this business, and you bring a lot of insight both before and then after the ball game. So the work you do and you help us immntally and our thanks to you.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to thank you Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: We do this every day and we always have a good time, and you're always so inclusive with me, So I really appreciate you when I respect a lot of your baseball insight and I love doing this with you.
Speaker 6: It's been a fun season. It's going to get even more fun in postseason. And you drew the short strong so you have to sit with me again on the plane going back.
Speaker 2: To la A.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 11: Scott Akasaki, the director of teams like him. Yeah, you could blame him. A sentimental ride.
Speaker 6: Home, right, Rick, Yeah, that'll be it.
Speaker 11: Are you driving, No, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, that's enough to love that. Dodger's Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the dot Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day, it's Shakys dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Denk and we're gonna get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick and Tim will be back with the keys of the game right before first pitch. But up next we go high and tight with Travis Smith strength and conditioning coach. With the Dodgers lead. You have to first pitch in Denver. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Well, this is.
Speaker 1: Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Sunday afternoon. Anthony Bonda, your opener, Landon Nack will get the bulk of the Indians. Afterwards, Ryan Feltner will go for Colorado first pitches coming up at twelve ten today. A lot riding on baseball what happens in other games. The National legue wildcard scenario is still not set as the Braves fight for a spot, the Arizona Diamondbacks fight for a spot in the New York met fight for a spot. Three teams for two wildcards still left in the National League. So we'll keep an eye on with what the Mets are doing in Milwaukee. Will keep you up to date throughout the day on what the Royals and Braves are doing in Atlanta, and certainly what's happening between the Padres and Diamondbacks in Arizona. Not only the wild car standings in play, but the batting title champion in the National League and play as well with Luisa Rise in San Diego, four points higher than Shohio Tani, who's batting three to ten right now on the season, going into the final game. All the regular season Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles, rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: It's the final day of the regular season, but it's been a long road for the Dodgers, and preparations started all the way back in November. And a man that never has a day off, a man that is vital to the energy of the dugout and the preparation of every single Dodger player is Dodgers strength and conditioning coach Travis Smith. Travis, thanks a lot for the time and congratulations on getting through another regular season day.
Speaker 12: Thank you, we appreciate it. It's been a great season so far. So I'm excited for the playoffs.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 11: You're very much in demand with the Japanese media. What's the attention been like for a guy that likes to stay in the background.
Speaker 8: It's been all right.
Speaker 12: It's been cool just being able to ask the questions about, you know, the work that show he puts in.
Speaker 8: It's been a it's been a blessing. It's been good to be a part of it.
Speaker 11: The first images we saw of show he Otani and Dodger Blue was the day after he signed with the Dodgers, and you were right there helping him already dive into preparation for this season. What's it been like to work so closely with a player of his caliber and his dedication to the game.
Speaker 8: It's been amazing.
Speaker 12: Actually, since day one, you know, you talk about those full Since day one, he's asked a lot of questions, he put a lot of work in.
Speaker 8: He wants to be the best, and so it's really cool to see Travis.
Speaker 11: Everybody is curious to know whether or not he already had it in his mind that he wanted to steal a certain number of bases. Did he ever express that to you?
Speaker 12: He didn't say how many bases he wanted to steal, but absolutely he wanted to steal bases.
Speaker 8: That was his whole goal this year.
Speaker 12: He said, if I'm not going to pitch, I want to be able to steal more bases.
Speaker 8: And so he got with myself.
Speaker 12: He got with Clayton McCullough in spring training and worked on some things. They talked about his jumps, how poor they were in the past, and how he wanted to get him better.
Speaker 8: And so that's what our goal was with all of the training and things that we did.
Speaker 12: We wanted to work on his acceleration, improve his acceleration so that he can try to steal more bags.
Speaker 8: All the other things. I think it's on him. I mean his dedication, watching fail looking at pictures and what he can do, and just overall talent.
Speaker 12: This guy is amazing, and I think that he had it in his mind that he understew those basis.
Speaker 11: Travis Smith is our guest. He's the Dodgers strengthened conditioning coach. When you look at the work you put in with an athlete like Otani, we're talking about, you know, Kobe Bryant type level of popularity, dedication, What does it mean to you that a player of his caliber reciprocates by putting in the work that you guys set out to do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, honestly, it's it's been cool.
Speaker 12: But the thing is we've been on this team with some great players, and so it is definitely a blessing and great opportunity to be able to work with him, and it feels good. But I want to treat all of our players the same, and so being able to have a relationship with him and every other player, this is what I work for, you know. I want to be able to get the best out of all of our athletes. And so, yeah, it's been it's been amazing.
Speaker 11: But when you get the buy in by a player, I'm sure, like any part of life, the more you put in, the more you get back. When you get that from him, I'm sure that makes you want to put.
Speaker 12: More in all hands down, I mean right away knowing what I was going to get out of him asking questions on the first day, first me explaining what it is that we do as a staff, our training staff, our strength condition to staff, what we can provide for him, and he was only in that day man, that lit me up.
Speaker 8: I was excited and I was looking forward to seeing what we can do this year.
Speaker 11: How much do you believe being in this Dodger environment has helped him thrive to do things that he has never done in his career.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 8: I think it definitely helps. Being able to win.
Speaker 12: Winning is contagious, you know, people talk about it. But being able to win and being on the stage, I think it's amazing.
Speaker 8: And him seeing the other guys that he can push and that pushes him, you know, being.
Speaker 12: Between you know, at the beginning, being between Mooky and fro Read, I knew that pushed him. And so just being able to see the caliber of players that we have on our team and challenging him every day and seeing like what he.
Speaker 8: Can do, and our players like, man, this guy's great.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: I think it pushes him just like it pushes our players that he's on our team.
Speaker 11: All Right, before we go with Travis Smith, the Dodger's strength and conditioning coach and hype man for the Dodgers, right before first pitch, can you let us in on what the hype roll call is for?
Speaker 9: Show?
Speaker 11: Hey, Otani, I.
Speaker 8: Think I did this.
Speaker 3: You did Mookie?
Speaker 8: Oh, I did Moogie? Okay, Okay, So show Hey, the hype for show.
Speaker 12: Hey, I'm just gonna say it, and so ladies and gentlemen in attendance and baseball fans around the world live from coursefield is showtime perfect.
Speaker 11: I think that's the best way to end this. Travis Smith one of the great guys along with Dodger trainor Possum Knakajima on this staff. I love these guys and they put in tireless out that you never see for the Dodgers to be prepared to take the field every single night. Thanks a lot for the time, and congratulations to you and the great Possum Knakajima, Long Beach State legend on the Dodgers' staff.
Speaker 8: Thanks Travis, Thank you, appreciated day. There he goes.
Speaker 11: Travis Smith, the Dodgers' strength and conditioning coach.
Speaker 2: We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim, all right, Thanks a lot, DV. Travis Smith, one of the great guys behind the scenes, the strength and conditioning coach for the Dodgers. The entire medical and training staff for the Dodgers putting in overtime right now, and only the guys working in Denver with this team against the Rockies in this three game series. But keep in mind the support staff and training staff back at Dodgers Stadium, because the Dodgers have a couple of players, including Freddie Freeman Miguel Rojas. They are back at Dodger Stadium getting treatment and hopes to get ready for the NLDS. The strain adductor muscle. For Miguel Rojas, he is not with the team, he's back in LA getting conditioning and strengthening on that. And Freddie Freeman, as we've been detailing here on Dodgers on Deck, who is still unknown if he'll be good to go for the NLDS. Certainly that ankle, hopefully he'll get better. He'll have a week between when he got hurt on Thursday and next Saturday game one of the NLDS, so really almost nine full days to get that thing strengthened up and healed and hopefully on the mend as he gets around the clock treatment on that sprained ankle. So great to hear from Travis Smith, one of the good guys and again one of the backbones of this Dodger team here in twenty twenty four. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zenchi Handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on sites. Pick up delicious sushi right before the game at Ralphs and other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still to come, we're gonna get to the keys to the game. Remember sho Hao Tani four points behind Luisa Rise for the batting title in the National League. Padres in action against Arizona coming up at twelve ten as well. We'll keep an eye on that and also all the different playoff scenarios. Three teams vying for the last two spots in the wild card race? Will it be the Braves, the Mets, the Diabacks. Well, they have to play a doubleheader tomorrow to determine it. A lot still to be the tournament. Today, on the final day of the regular season, it's Game one sixty two, Dodgers Rockies. Will dive deeper to this pitching matchup next. Don't go anywhere. I'm Sim kateson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on. Tap on your home for the Blue All season Low.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Sunday afternoon, Game one sixty two, and then it's back home to start the postseason. First pitch from Denver's coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in the all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See your Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy. Ryan Feltner on the mound for the Rockies, three to ten with a four to sixty six ER. Twenty eight year old right hand or fourth round pick in twenty eighteen out of Ohio State, made his major league debut in twenty twenty one. Make it his thirtieth star here in twenty twenty four, last time out, six innings, two runs, six hits, six strikeouts, get a no decision against the Cardinals. Of the month of September, He's pitched pretty well four starts already a two to twenty two ERA with twenty strikeouts. Anthony Bonda on the mound for the opener for the Dodgers, three and two with a three to fourteen ERA. The thirty one year old left hander he making his second start, his forty eighth appearance. Last time out was on Thursday against the Padres, inning in a third. He pitched out of the bullpen after Bonda is Landon Nak, who is three and five with the three seventy four ERA. He'll get a book with the innings today. The twenty seven year old right hander his first season with the Dodgers, making his fifteenth appearance, his third coming out of the bullpen. Last time out was Tuesday against the Padres. Four innings, four runs, five hits, four strikeouts. This is his first time ever facing the Colorado Rockies. Anthony Bonda is your opener. Ryan Feltner will start for the Rockies Dodgers in Colorado. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Died Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies. In this final game of the regular season, Anthony Bonda as the opener. Landon Neck will come in and get the bulk of the Indians afterwards. First pitch from Corsefield is coming up at twelve ten Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy cash dot com or stop in an LA area Speedy Cash store. Today, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth for one final time Rick Monday, Tim never guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks for checking back. Tim. Anthony Bonda is the opener today for the Dodgers. The left hander will make us start something we might see in the postseason. Who knows? Landon Nack is expected to pitch the bulk of the innings today. He'll go against Ryan Feldner of the Rockies on a day, Rick where we can see a possible triple Crown.
Speaker 6: Winner in O'tama and one thing at the top of the list for the Dodgers today, don't do anything silly to risk an injury.
Speaker 3: Perfect day for baseball for the last game of the regular season. Then it is off until next Saturday, when the Dodgers will take on you know, the Braves or the Mets or the Padres in game one of the League Division Series. That's on the way. But first baseball today here in Denver, timp.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, Rockies, Dodgers fans and Hans are listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Flans serving all Angelinos. Lacare dot org First Pitches Next. I'm Tim Kates has been Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network