Speaker 1: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling podcast with Jack and carn S e O and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 2: He's a lapsed fan and all my years and wrestling.
Speaker 3: I never seen anything.
Speaker 2: And it's the laps fan name by the one in the ring. Forget about Slado.
Speaker 3: He the real king of swing.
Speaker 4: When the bell.
Speaker 2: Goes in and the kick like me throwing in the corner. But it's lash like stick.
Speaker 4: Even Jerry King can sake off the crowd nodded in.
Speaker 5: His head like it.
Speaker 4: Steve low Brown, would you get low down?
Speaker 3: Go even high up? Flipp you on your head?
Speaker 6: But you know cool driver, you speak more now and dragon spits fire give you more shock than when head treats higher drop a more truth than the con of sniper unless you would a coconut.
Speaker 3: Roddy Piper, Jack a JP.
Speaker 6: He like j Y d drop the cupcakes and gold the brain Bob means the best podcast Frost start the close cloud if you all be It's a classic.
Speaker 7: And posed So it's on once again to World Championship Wrestling for Sid Vicious Boss.
Speaker 3: That's just fucking nuts.
Speaker 7: I mean when you think after stabbing someone nearly to death, that would kind of be a closed door.
Speaker 3: Well, especially since he's you know, still isn't is it our interstone still in the company.
Speaker 7: Huh yeah, right, Like, how does that happen? Well, not only are we going to chart how it happened, we're going to chart how the deal was papered.
Speaker 8: Oh I love that.
Speaker 7: Told you last time in our TLF tribute to Sid that we got our hot little hands on a copy of Sid's WCW contract that brought him back to the organization in the spring of nineteen ninety nine. And you're goddamn right that we're going to treat it lap style. Put it on the table boss for deep examination. It's back to the courtroom. It's back to the docket. What do you say, Hey, listen, you know it's we all ever. Everyone needs a new trial. Okay, we're gonna get back to the courtroom. We got to fucking get contracts. We need to We need to understand, all right, what is what is Sid entitled to?
Speaker 3: Right? Okay? What is he obligated to?
Speaker 7: Finally we get the answer. After all these years and ten years of jokes on TLF about Sid not being obligated to make his appearances, we get the actual black and white on what he's obliging to do.
Speaker 3: Obligations, what are they? What does he have to do? What is he not obligated to do? What is the reality?
Speaker 7: Whatever? This part is Sid Tribute Part seven, Obligations Here it is. And not only is he welcomed back after doing what he did, he's welcomed back to the richest contract he'd ever seen in his life.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 7: And you heard him in the clipping plate of the inclusion of last episode talking about how this was. You know, he's sitting across the table from Eric Bischoff, who stylishly flew his own plane to meet him, and they're sitting there at the cracker barrel and Sid assumed that the number Eric put out there was for a cumulative three year deal, not annually at one point five million or whatever number. Sid said, Well, the reason I didn't bother to commit that to memories because we've got the black and white in front of us, and suffice to say, it's not exactly one point five million year, but you know, it's something or other. There's always ways to slice and dice it. We'll get to that. But you know, what did Sid come to be worth after all these years and all these stints and all these flash points that we've covered over the weeks here in tribute to Sid, who of course we lost this year at an untimely age, and who was such a cornerstone part of the Golden Hasbro era that put us all on the track to not only create this podcast, but you know, probably for you to listen to it being such a cornerstone at that time period. What did it amount to? Because Sid always talked about this contract is the one that really set him up, not so much for life, although considering, you know, everyone said he lived in fairly modest means in Arkansas, it probably did set him up for life. Really, there's a lot of money that he could put away.
Speaker 3: He lived body like a was he like a like a cee him punk type, just fucking not spending any money at all, you know.
Speaker 7: As far as yeah, I mean everyone would say that knew him personally, that he always drove very humble vehicles, that he just kind of you know, he didn't have a big, flashy, fancy house. He didn't have a mansion. He he was just as happy, you know, working on the farm. Or as his wife told Jim Cornett, as we talked about last time, maybe going back to selling farm chemicals. Maybe that'd be better for Sid. You know, sometimes Sid things he just needs to go back there. Just this is a guy who always, whether it be softball, that whatever, had.
Speaker 3: His right here. I thought, fucking you know, Jesse Ventura was the guy who who kept going back.
Speaker 8: Going back.
Speaker 7: But for some you know, that's the silver lining of not living beyond your means is you can just fucking parachute out of a job when it pisses you off. Right, Sure, sure you don't end up buying so much and getting so mortgage that you have to stick around in a high paying job. And once they sniff that out of you, they're going to exploit you to the hilt. And here's Sid is in a position where Jesus Christ, he doesn't even have to show up to work to get paid. And this is the master of coming up with injuries to find a way out.
Speaker 3: You know, Oh, he is the master.
Speaker 7: And now can you imagine you're going to guaranteed check in the mail even if he comes up with another injury. Not to say the man didn't get legitimately hurt throughout the course of his career because he did. He was a big man and he took relatively big bumps for his size and we all know how it ended, which if we do, but it's going to be so great to dig in. I mean, WW contracts are always such a gold mine, from the Hogan contract at the Bachelor of the Beach two thousand episode, not just WCW contracts. We talked about the Warriors ninety two contract when we did that Saturday nights. Oh yeah, oh absolutely, it's all in here, fucking crazy, and we're going to get to what the terms of engagement were for Sid's final signature and most lucrative run, as he not only came back to WW, but captured their world title for the first time. And in fact, Boss had a tribute VHS made for him. It's called the Millennium Man, and we're going to get into it. In fact, we're going to die of the Son of a Bitch.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: There's a bit of a story, and correct me if I'm wrong. It's holiday tied. As far as getting our hands on that VHS, it is.
Speaker 3: Absolutely that that was a gift from UH, from our good friend over at Mabel Toys.
Speaker 7: So if you don't know the WW Superstar series. This is post. Well you know that there's before they redid the logo and here you're okay if you don't, yeah, exactly, I don't blame you. That's why I feel compelled to point this out. There's the pre redoing a logo and post that's wway everything that was done after the logo was redone. This complete shit and speaks to why the company spiraled down Hail so quickly.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's just an awful I mean, it's it's a grotesque video in the only the only interesting thing is the quote unquote un you know, never before seen footage.
Speaker 7: Which makes you think that you're in for some cool like match footage after they went off the air, But that's not what it is.
Speaker 3: Or like matches that they didn't ever show before. And it's like, you know, I should know better by now. Like whenever they say shit like that, it's never that. It's always like they need to like honestly, and I don't think this would have been a bad thing to market it as, but you just say, instead of never before seen footage, why don't you just say brand new interviews, never before seen?
Speaker 7: Yeah, heart to heart interview that says it, because that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Like, it's just interview footage, does nothing new, It's all TV footage. But like when you say never before seen footage, it makes it seem like and again to me, yes, obviously never before seeing footage is gonna sell more tickets and more sell more video cassettes. But even saying brand new interview footager or some kind of exclusive interview footage never before seen is also gonna be I think it's gonna, you know, sell videotapes.
Speaker 7: You could say like Sid's most candid interview to date or something.
Speaker 3: Right, something like that. But like when you say never before seen footage, it even got me excited for a split second. I'm like, oh, I wonder what they fucking have here, and then oh, yeah, of course it's shit, is what it is.
Speaker 7: Because the Superstars series tapes, for those who remember, and I don't blame you for not because WW was selling the Wayne when they came out with these. It was kind of like a half step towards like a shoot tape in that right, they wouldn't ask the guy's exclusively k FAB questions on these releases, so you would get a little bit of like honest answers. I mean, they wouldn't shatter k fame or anything. They would they would talk about the characters in the angles. But a lot of the things Sid says in those interstitials, you know, are things he would actually say even if he wasn't working. I think about his position in the company, teaming with the likes of Randy Savage, which he was linked with in the very beginning, Rick Stein or and others, and.
Speaker 3: It's just no fucking clue about it. I mean, I will say, for me, it was never before seen. I had no fucking clue there was all this shit that was going on with him.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, yeah, what's your sense?
Speaker 3: Were you?
Speaker 7: Because I get a story? But were you aware that Sid even came back in ninety nine?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: I did know that Sid was back. I knew that he I knew that he uh he was I remember him facing off with Goldberg, not even facing off, but I knew that he was feuding with Goldberg. I knew, and I knew about the Ben Wahth thing in January of two thousand. Yeah, that's it. I didn't really know. I wasn't following on a regular base. I had no fucking idea.
Speaker 7: Those are the newsworthy things that happened, So it makes sense that those are the things that would sort of bubble up. But there was so much that happened in WCW that like everyone forgot about everyone memory hold because it was so hard to watch and it was such a terrible time for WCW, you know, because Sid was always a draw. It's not like everywhere he goes immediately begins to go downhill and then spikes as soon.
Speaker 3: As he leaves. I gotta say, I gotta say one thing though with this video, that they did a really good job. They did a really good job making him look like a fucking ruthless killer.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 3: Now I am curious how that, you know, as someone who actually watched the stuff and who actually probably you remember the stuff, I imagine that when it's so so like uh streamlined, and it's so like razor focused, that it does come off great. But I imagine it didn't come off great when you were watching week to week.
Speaker 7: Right when you put side to side, you know it's pay per view main events. You got to think like you had to wait a month to get to these these high points, and the TV in between was just not just not good. I mean, it's it kind of funny because I mean again, he looked he came across like a fucking monster.
Speaker 3: Well he did.
Speaker 7: It is in fact, I would say some of the more effective booking he's enjoyed in his career, at least in the national spotlight that they knew they had a conviction that a Sid Goldberg match would be money because that was one opponent that Goldberg hadn't taken on, that you could credibly put up against, that had some star power where people are like, you know what, like this could be fun, Like just on paper, thinking of Goldberg versus Sid is fun. And the reason that's fun is the reason Sid is so fondly remembered because he just had that that that essence, that aura, that impression on anybody who saw him anywhere near his prime.
Speaker 3: So you know, they had it's a great match to It's a great match to book, a great match to sell. It's not a great match to watch.
Speaker 7: Did you watch the Goldberg match at aliwen hav It?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: No, Because that's the dis name of this tape is it builds up the Goldberg match so much. But they put it out before the Goldberg match happened.
Speaker 3: I know it's a very it's so it's a really amazing I didn't really gather until until I just started, you know, towards the end, I sorted looking up, mainly because all right, i'll because it didn't pan out, so I don't mind talking about this. So he talked about in one of the promos on the video, SID talks about being it's a cuts a promo on Ben Wah and Ben Wall was part of the revolution whatever faction that was, and so I was thinking, holy shit, this is it, this is gonna be it. This is where you get the revolutionary from. He's gonna say something here and say that he's revolutionary. You're fuck you with your revolution I'm revolutionary.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And so I went looking for the actual fucking episode, which I thought was an I don't even I went. I spent way too much time trying to find that fucking promo, thinking that was gonna be the answer. And it wasn't, obviously, because you know, you don't get that kind of satisfaction. That's when it comes to nineteen ninety nine, two thousand, twousand and one. Ww. Nor should you get that you don't get any satisfaction. No, you don't, you don't at all. I know, and so but I you know, I spent and that's when I realized. I'm like, Okay, when did they I said, this is for the US title? When did this happen? Obviously it's not sold out. I know that when did this happen? And then it's like it happened in September, like how long? And I'm realizing that the whole fucking tape comprises ten weeks of time.
Speaker 7: It's like nothing.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's wild how much.
Speaker 7: It curiously captures the essence of this WW run for Sid because he the most impactful stuff he did was pretty much front loaded. But it's just like totally it's a totally arbitrary sampling, Like there could be no reason you'd put a tape out with it unless there was like a deadline, you had a box to check, right, It's not a fully formed story yet, not even closed, especially when they built up the Goldberg streak and then don't give you.
Speaker 3: The match and then the don't even fucking do it, Like I mean, obviously, I imagine this thing fucking came out before the year end, you know, and so that's why they fucking rushed to get it out.
Speaker 7: Now, did you know you were aware that Goldberg faced Sid in WCW. Beck then in nineteen ninety nine, were you were aware that they manufactured a fake streak for Sid to run? Oh?
Speaker 3: I did not know that, thoughts. That was brand new. I actually with Sid playing a complete maniacal asshole heel, I thought it was great. Yes, I thought it was great. I love this idea. Like, and to me correct me if I'm wrong, it didn't seem like it always had to do with a victory in the ring. It seemed like if he just fucking killed somebody, he counted that as a win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because they only had so much time to get to help and havoc.
Speaker 3: That is awesome. Like, actually, I think that is a brilliant idea for somebody to like, you know, to claim themselves to be on the level of Goldberg and then you just say, you know what, I power bomb this asshole on some fucking popcorn.
Speaker 7: That's a win, yeah, Laparca. Yeah, Yeah, Well that's funny you say that, because I was wondering where you'd come down on it at the time. I kind of remember it being received as like lazy booking, like more than anything, they were sort of you know, putting the carp for the horse. They wanted to get to a number so that SID could have matched Goldberg Streak, which in its own right was fictitious by the end anyway, right, And they had Mike Tiney on air who came up with the whole idea of the Goldberg streak kind of vouching for this SID number and updating us on the SID number. And even they still couldn't credibly get SID to that win count, even counting every house show they did. So they had to, like you say, come up with these scenarios where he would lay out six people on a nitro and that would be considered six wins, even though those weren't matches. Those are just run ins. Those are just beatdowns.
Speaker 3: I think, think if it's done, you know, the thing is, it's got to be done. I don't know how it was done on on television week two week, but you know, it came across as being like he's being obnoxed, which is funny. Yeah, exactly, like like like he's like exactly like he's just like he's a mix of obnoxious psychotic and and just doesn't give a shit that you know, if I kick you in the balls, that's a win for me.
Speaker 7: Right that is, that's pretty funny to walk around kicking people in the balls and then adding one to the score.
Speaker 3: Because I kicked you in the balls before you kick me in the ball, so I win.
Speaker 7: I mean, by the way, that'll be roun two years, they'll pretend to get it from us, but there'll be some gimmick where guy walks around and kicks people in the nuts.
Speaker 3: Are two years when they're on Netflix will be fucking on there.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I suppose if you spin it that way. At the time, it was kind of just like, let's run the score up and just, you know, whatever we have to do, even if we have to make complete illogical sense. But if you put because Sid didn't really play it up like he was delusional. He played it up like he believed that he was getting these wins and that it was like rightful. But I guess, yeah, point that that's perfectly fine because it's Sid, And that's been the whole theme through this whole thing. It's like Sid, Sid can call himself the master and the ruler of the world, and people don't laugh at him because you kind of believe that, Like, even if he thinks it's bullshit, go ahead say something.
Speaker 3: You know you're right exactly.
Speaker 7: And if you think it's winning streak is bullshit, come and do something about it. And no one does anything about it. So he just keeps adding to the tally because he's nuts. And yeah, he believes those are actual wins. But that actually works for the Sid character instead of it being some guy that totally loses his face because he actually believes in the streak that you know, contains very few official victories.
Speaker 3: I I just I actually I thought it was. I mean again, this is just on the on the VHS tape. I don't know how it played, and you're saying it didn't play as well. I think I think it just it would have looked. So I think it just sounds fucking hilarious and kind of badass in a Sid way, you know, kind of. Again, I don't think there are many people. The only other person you could do that is like with a Jericho doing it for absolute comedy, right and and but if you do it for for Sid, it's like it's kind of you know, it almost makes it become a little scary in a way. Yeah, because you've got someone who's not willing to to abide by the rules, abide by the uh the uh uh, well, the conventions of the convention, exact conventions is what I'm looking for, the conventions of what a win loss streak looks like. And he's just like, no, I'm just gonna fucking do what I want. And I mean that also plays into lap SID in many ways.
Speaker 7: I don't know, we'll probably also deride it done think about it, because Sid was plugged squarely into the Kevin Nash roll of like let's let's lay out as many Luca doors and Cruiser weights as we can every week.
Speaker 3: Even though that that also laughed, and that made me laugh so hard. I'm like, look who they're fucking giving to him, as as as food, they're giving him all these all these luchadors and all these fucking tiny ass motherfuckers, Like who who are who now?
Speaker 9: Have?
Speaker 3: After after working so hard to get you know, over years, maybe getting two steps ahead, now they've been thrown seven steps back?
Speaker 7: And who has the book?
Speaker 8: Whatever?
Speaker 3: Man? Fucking exactly, I.
Speaker 7: Don't know why I'm the mark just because I don't.
Speaker 3: Think you're gonna have them fucking feet on, you know, big fucking guys. So you gotta build that. You know, you can't have them throw around big guys otherwise it defeats the whole fucking purpose.
Speaker 7: And look, before you come after me on this front, let's not forget I lost clean one, two three in the middle of Nitro to Raymisterio and Bark the fucking win.
Speaker 3: What do you want? You know, Yeah, I'm just saying, look, you know, sometimes you got to feed the guy, the big guy, the little guys. You know, you got the big shark eating the little fish. It's fucking nature, It's Darwin.
Speaker 7: And that right there is a big part of why nineteen ninety nine was so abored of two is Nash out the book and it was just it's just not gonna work. It's just just he just creatively just basically bankrupt in terms of coming up with anything that could move the rating or or create a star, you know, get you excited about someone new. Impossible. He just couldn't do it. And and so ninety nine is and we have to countenance the long drawn out process of coming to that realization. There's that weird kind of interregnant period in the Spring where Bischoff is sort of back as president, the white haired Bischoff we see for the first time, and he's sailing about trying any number of tricks and gimmicks, from kiss to master Pe and the No Limit Soldiers to giving away a million dollars on Nitro to the whole redesign to He's did like a weird shoot angle he did at the Spring Stampede ninety nine with Hogan and a knee injury, and so you know, it's just not there was nothing there. Everything he tried, all his instincts were no longer. I'm gonna going to resonate. And Nash gets the book, you know, earlier in ninety nine before even Bischoff comes back and just can't you know, book his way out of a paper bag, just you know, abortive returns. Terrible television. He did the infamous three hour Nitro with the first hour was no wrestling whatsoever. It was just a series of skits, including the debut with Tory Wilson and several black and white vignettes. I don't see the problem, I do, I do for sure. It was like sounds like good entertainment to me. But hey, he's a guy that won't hesitate to ring up sid. You know, they had a long history together going all the way back to the first WCW run not not not to mention headlining in your house is in ninety five against each other and all of that. So yees, if Nash has got the book and he's going to find somebody that he perceives as a money headliner, he's he's probably gonna go for a sid for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, talked about it makes sense on.
Speaker 7: The episode where we talked about Sid's ninety five WW front. I mean, nash Is said in his podcast that you know, Vin said, all right, we'll bring him back, but he's your problem, like if it doesn't work out his Nash wanted him in to work against him as champion and also for the Sean Michael's bodyguard thing. But so here comes full circle back again and sid Is is back in the sauce. Hopefully not on the sauce because then someone else stabbed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 7: Going to be an interesting ride. Nonetheless, this is of course a Randy Savage who was just he's completely out of his mind and he is at least eighty pounds heavier than he has any right to be.
Speaker 3: Oh, he just he is. He is grotesque. He is unacceptable, and he is offensive.
Speaker 7: Did you see Randy back then in this when he had gorgeous George and all that?
Speaker 3: Vaguely I remember, I don't know it was this before or after he had the red sequin outfit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that came at the end of this. Yeah, he first came back.
Speaker 3: A little bit of that, and I was like, what, I don't know, and I stopped watching, right, you know, I like, I was like, wait a minute, No, that's not okay.
Speaker 7: I don't know what he was thinking.
Speaker 3: And and also, you know what, what I found it be kind of, you know, uncomfortable too, is that he's he's not completely doing his Randy Savage voice. Oh, it's like he's kind of talking a little normal in addition to putting on I know, part of the Raindy Savage voice is legit, but there's also like obviously a part that's put on where it gets you know. But he was kind of talking with more of his real voice in like those prom and I was like, no, no, no, no, no, it's very it's not it's not okay.
Speaker 7: It's not okay, ready, Sava. He knows who he needs to be to be Randy Savage, right, but he went to this whole like other direction with like dressing up like he's going clubbing.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what was that all about, Like, I mean, was it just a was it a midlife crisis or was there.
Speaker 7: Some pretty much? Okay, I think i'd say what I'm out to. Yeah, he knew he wanted to come back with an edge. He wanted to come back as more of a attitude character.
Speaker 3: And you know he was always an attitude character.
Speaker 7: I know, Well, yeah, I agree, but now he want you know, he got in gorgeous George and just like started dressing up like he's going to the club all the time.
Speaker 3: And I guess imagine him like he just he just he just needed a funk all the time. That that, to me, is is the thing. And you know he's all up so he can't get it up. Sometimes breaks the funk out in hotels room, hotel.
Speaker 7: Room, exactly exactly. He definitely, yes.
Speaker 3: Right, already here we go, here we go. All right, all right, alright, bend over, bendover here We're gonna do it again.
Speaker 10: Freaking out.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna get it again one more time. Here we go. Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, fucking crustal me.
Speaker 7: Sit down, My god, I'm freaking out right now. Well you know there's nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm fucking a murda gold, I'm scored of god, I'm gonna get hurt as a rock. And you're not even going to be able to stand it.
Speaker 7: Get down, well least at least trying to talk himself into it. There's no hotter pillow talk than the guy going over and over again. Come on, come on, come on, I mean, are we I mean, are we trying to get it up?
Speaker 3: Are we trying?
Speaker 7: Or are we hoping? Our horse crosses the finish line first at the track.
Speaker 3: Come on, let me get you a lorder. Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, be the bunch, you men, come on, be the kingdom of the Mednace.
Speaker 7: Come on, Mary says, come on, I get the sense it's not working. You have to say come on that many times. Come on, It's like I want to try something different.
Speaker 3: It was like fucking jasper at this.
Speaker 7: Point, Randy, am I still on payroll?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Who who's talking to me?
Speaker 7: Screams, what are you doing? But he doesn't know who's talking to him, but he says, what are you doing? Like he knows you, Randy, It's it's Lannie ha.
Speaker 3: Leani Leani Leany Leani? What's fucking leany? What are you doing over there?
Speaker 11: Leaning you?
Speaker 3: What do you are? You watch your metory to get hard? Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 7: What are you doing over there? Suddenly it's like, oh, they're in the same room, like you know what I mean, they're not like a house, and it's like they're in the same hotel room where he's fucking I didn't even realize that, but yeah, I guess I didn't really specify. So it's a wild time and it's this vortex of savageness that Sid walks into as sort of like a bodyguard in the beginning to Savage, that would not be a role he would savor very much. It's not like he bad mouthed it, but you know, Sid's there to be a man on his own right always. Sid wants to be able to author the success of his program exclusively. He doesn't really dig being a tag team wrestler. But it's in the chaos of him and Kevin Nashman world champion and passing the belt around that side gets the WCW title again. We'll get to that for the first time. Actually, if you don't count, which he does for some reason, that twenty five seconds at Halloween have like nineteen nine Before they realized it was Berry. Wyndham dressed his sting that he thought he counts that as a world title win, which is brutally hilarious. But this is all a fascinating thing for Sid because it's his most lucrative run and it's kind of like his worst run. I mean it's not it's not objectively bad, but it's just it's most forgettable stuff he did. Let's put it that way. It's the most forgettable run he had in the national spotlight, but it's the one that made him the most money. It's really it's really wild, and it's it says a lot about w Stuby at the time too, And you know, say what you will about who killed wtw They went right past ninety nine and Nash's booking and this is it is what does it? What doesn't mean? Yeah, this is like okay, well they're not gonna be able to write the ship, they're digging a further hole, and then by late ninety nine when Russo comes in, the goose is cooked. That will create a lot of interesting dynamics.
Speaker 3: Instead of the Millennium Man, he should have been called the solitary Man.
Speaker 7: The solitary Man. Yeah, yeah, indeed, yep, that's how we preferred to be framed and positioned. But yeah, okay, so this is good, this is great. You didn't have a sense of him, really, and you know, you knew he was there, but you didn't watch a.
Speaker 3: Lot of no, not at all. Know, I had no clue.
Speaker 7: It's all gravy for me. There's a personal story in that. I remember being in high school when he came back and watching that nitro and coming back the next day. And there was a buddy of mine in my chemistry class. Rest in peace, he's passed away. We used to talk all the time about wrestling.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: It was a class where we could dick off. It wasn't a very serious class at all, So we just sit in the back and just compare notes every single I think it's every other day, And you know this is post WWF. Absolutely running away with the Ball nineteen ninety eight being the transformative here was to say nothing of the first half of ninety nine, where they started doing these ratings that you just you couldn't believe your eyes on Monday Night Raw and Nitro was doing dog shit ratings, And so we never talk about Nitro really that much, but we'd watch it, but it just wouldn't be the topic of conversation on Tuesday, right right, It just wouldn't be wasn't top of mind. It wasn't the most exciting stuff that happened. But Sid Sid's returned to Nitro was the last time I remember him bringing up WCW. First, It's like, really, did you see Sid? I was like, oh, I don't know why I remember this, but I remember being really kind of like intrigued. Did WCW actually do something here that might get people to look in for the first time in what seemed like eight nine, ten months, And of course it wasn't. But he had a little deal there where he had he had a title match on Nitro with Hogan. Hogan was a face, but he was still wearing the black and white Hollywood outfit.
Speaker 3: Well I know, it kind of like there there was and he had he had two. He ended up having two matches with Hogan. Both are on the tape, right, yeah, well, I mean it quote both matches, yeah, sure.
Speaker 7: Right, And is there one on there with ones in black and white and ones in the red and yellow.
Speaker 3: Brignon, Yeah, we had that. We actually have a Wrestlmania rematch, which, honestly.
Speaker 7: It should be epic that Hogan is wrestling sid for the first time.
Speaker 3: It should be. It should be. But I'm just gonna say, I mean again, I don't want to get too much into it because the tape will speak for itself, but man, the finish of the of the one the Red and Yellow is it's it's two. It's so uh. I mean, it's it's an exact replay of a different show and the ending is I mean, it's why we It's why we talk about Hogan the way we talk about.
Speaker 7: Hogan, is that right, Yes, It's definitely why we talk about ww in nineteen ninety nine, the way we do Oh yeah, yeah. I mean it's like, how many times could you watch Nitro and watch Hogan and a DQ finish and a post match SMAs It's.
Speaker 3: Like, well, which one are you talking about?
Speaker 7: I know exactly because I do remember a little bit of.
Speaker 3: That wasn't the end of the Red and Yellow one.
Speaker 7: I do remember a little bit, a little bit of a spark when I realized Hogan and said we're going to wrestle again, because I you know, they never wrestled after Wrestle Mainy eight and that is an absolute core memories we've talked about for years and years. So there was that it didn't do. It didn't do the kind of rating that indicated they had life to it. But those are the last few ratings that seemed like there were science of life.
Speaker 3: This does the thing. It's not a rating guy. We're imagine if you if you booked Hogan again and books it against Hogan and built it for a paid per view. I can imagine that absolutely getting a decent by rate. But you can't get a rating out of the sid.
Speaker 7: That's how bankrupt they were creatively. They had nothing. I mean, they just like the biggest match we can do, Let's see if that does the rating, and it didn't, and of course you wenter a fucking panic spiral because if like the best match we you know, the highest profile match we can think to put together right now doesn't come anywhere close to touching Ro's rating. And what are we doing here? Because we built our entire idea and notion of success on being competitive.
Speaker 3: But I mean, Knights, we know that that's not a thing. That is that that's not a reality.
Speaker 7: It's not a reality.
Speaker 3: We don't we know it's not a reality anyway, Like you just you can't expect one show to mean you're in business. You have to build towards it. You have to start from scratch.
Speaker 7: Totally, totally, And there was just not the appetite for that up and down the Turner structure. It was all just let's make up that ground, man, Because you know we've talked about it endlessly. We will see it again when the Christmas show comes up this year, or all those licensed merchandise products when they were hot start coming through in nineteen ninety nine. It's like, who the fuck's gonna buy this stuff? Noboy's watching WCW anymore.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 7: But you have an organization that started to build itself up and come to find out years later, build its budgets around assumptions that nineteen ninety eight, when you know, revenue run right would continue, licensing run rate would continue at that level if not, if not exceed it, it's like, no, you actually have to pencil in like forty percent drop in revenue and buy rates for pay per views, right, And you have to realize that all these you know, people tripping over each other to license products in ninety eight when they were hot. By the time the products are ready to hit the shelves, No the wswree credit card, No the Nitro grill.
Speaker 3: No Imagine Fashion fred card.
Speaker 7: Fuck. Their toys sucked so bad.
Speaker 3: Oh, they were awful, although the ninety nine they weren't. They weren't great, but they weren't awful. I bought the Nash Yeah, like the last I don't know if it was nine to nine, two thousand, did you Nash with the big sweeping hair but like kind of a weird body, but it was really tall, you know, Like they were okay, I guess, but they weren't great. They certainly weren't great, and they were definitely more realistic than any we figure ever was.
Speaker 7: And they lost the THHQ license. So that's a bullet in the fucking head. Now their video games are going to be complete ass, which is always a huge chip in their favor. It's if they had that wonderful game for World Tour and for revenge yep, and now it's gone. Now it's WWF's even worse. It's not just gone. It's WWF games or as good as they ors used to be better at a disaster, but it's it's it's World Championship Wrestling. And it's the man called SID and we're saluting.
Speaker 3: Him here, the millennium man called Sid.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, as only we can try to get maybe maybe recapture just a little bit of that sense of what caused that, uh, that momentary enthusiasm in my high school chemistry class that I'm calling here and when I think about SID in nineteen. So it's a lot to get into. And we do have a several page contract here to read into the record, because we need to set the terms of engagement. We need to set the level of expectations around obligation and around contract and around renunration. Brother, And yeah, whose contract didn't like that word, Terry my contract, dude, But heay, if we're going to talk about a contract, boss, there's kind of like an unspoken contract for ten years running between us and the Solar System about what it takes to keep this engine running. Is there not? Absolutely is, And tell the folks what form that contract takes.
Speaker 3: I believe it would be a Patreon dot com slash the lapse van. That's for people who aren't fucking bitches, who understand that if you want something and you need something, you have to own up to it correct, you have to take responsibility for it, correct and do the right thing. Otherwise things go away.
Speaker 7: That's right, that's right. You have to produce, you have to show, you have to stand up, and you have to speak up for what you think is important and what you think should be sustained. That's the only way forward, folks. That's the only way forward. I mean, it's become very clear in the creator economy that listen.
Speaker 3: That's that's always the way. I mean, look, it's it's in many ways. You know, it's it's you need. It's like, well, we talk about all the time regarding television and television shows and how everyone thinks that there's this new plan and oh wait when you know we're going to get all this great stuff you know, essentially for free, and it's like, no, you don't.
Speaker 7: Actually you mean around like streaming service bundles.
Speaker 3: And streaming service bundles, all that kind of shit. Note in the end, you've got to pay for it or you get to take ads, all right, And that's the way it rolls. That's right. Can't handle that, Get out of the fucking kitchen.
Speaker 7: And so all we ask is that the hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours that we pour into this show be met with a little bit of appreciation Over at patreon dot com slash the Lapsed Fan. And if you don't, if you don't find that necessary, I regret to inform you we don't find you necessary.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 7: You can, you can come along for the ride, but we're not gonna worry once we hit a skin in the road about keeping you on board. We might just let you fall off and and wave to you as you tumble down the hill to your demise.
Speaker 1: Give a lap fan wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan. He's an Lapsed Fan wrestling podcast with Jack and carn Seo and Jpsorrow.
Speaker 7: So if you're on the train, make sure you secure a seat by pledging to that fucking cast. It's all like you don't get anything for it. In fact, you get some of our best stuff. This has been a banner year. Not only for us on the main feed TLFX, this has been a banner year boss for that EP and above benefit or one and only under the cinemat.
Speaker 3: Oh, let me tell you we are coming. We are rounding third when it comes to Carneizar forever. All right. We have been on a crazy, crazy journey since March, chronicling nearly every James Bond film as to date, twenty two out of the twenty seven recognized although not necessarily officially Eon production James Bond films qualify front of the cinema. Okay, that was the reason why we said upon this journey was that so we could touch every single era of James Bond. And we are, we're we're coming close. We got two movies left, and you know, we get to put that one to bed. And it's I think you don't. You're gonna get way more for your dollar if you're a film fan, if you're a Bond fan, because it covers not only just James Bond, it covers the decline of MGM. It covers and This is not by design. This was just happenstance. It covers the rise and fall of producers, actors, the whole thing. I mean, it's it's really the the story had so many threads, more than I even thought. I always expect there to be more than what I you know, than what I thought was going to be there. But this was like I was like, holy shit, Like we're actually chronicling the demise of MGM, Like we're actually chronicling all of Albert Brockley's fucking career. Yep, we're actually you know, all these things. Like it's not just you know, you you jump onto these we decided to do these journeys, and we think, okay, it's gonna be you know, it's gonna be kind of a cut and dry thing. And it's like, well wait a minute, no, Like there's all these elements that we didn't even consider that, I mean, and there's been one through line that that finally comes to a head in in our next in our next film, and it's like this, it's a thing that's been brewing since day one, Since day one, it's been brewing, and and it's like all this it's just I don't know I I think it's I think you get more more than what you pay for in my opinion.
Speaker 7: And take it from me who hasn't seen a single Bond film from front to back until we started his journey. If you don't think you're into it, you'll be into it because the wrestlers that are part of the franchise over the years, from Harold soccata as odd Job to what Pat Roach, who is just a famed UK grappler slash stunt man that's just fascinating to learn about, Peter My via the High Chief Tiger, Joe Robinson unbelievable, and Milton Read Milton, I mean that's been as always. The fun is just is discovering wrestlers who I shouldn't say discovering rediscovering wrestlers whose careers have been lost to time. Yes, who's been lost to time, and in some cases are still hyper relevant like a certain animal. I mean, there's we're bookmarking the whole history of wrestling too. In a way, we're at least speaking to eras and geographies that we otherwise really wouldn't have cause to because there's got a ton of footage that exists to put on the table for traditional t left treatment. It's not unlike the lamentimal tragedy of World Class. We set out to figure out what happened to these boys. We ended up telling the entire story of Dallas Wrestling. We you know, the whole story of the Sportatorium. They had Maclamore days talking about Morris Siegel talking about how Fritz built what he you know, built the nest egg that he sent the kids off into to try to dominate. It's like, oh my god. And then like the further tentacles, what about lands von Eric, Like we didn't think about that, you know, what about what ends up happening to Chris Adams and how that kind of bespeaks the whole tragic cloud over the whole thing. What about what happens to Gino. It's like all of these branches on the tree that you know, you don't see it, and you start climbing that trunk, bitch, right, So get on the fucking trunk under the cinemat. Carnies are forever, and so is that Patreon, and so is that Patreon. And folks in the moat tier, which is the tip top tier, our ride or dies. Those we will make sure to make space on on the island. When we're the last people left on the planet.
Speaker 3: Listen, I will, I will, I will be like Hulk Hogan and brutis speaking.
Speaker 7: I will pump the blood yes of my veins. Okay, because it's folks like this, we love all our patrons. But every podcast that's going to have the life the life span we do has to have a strong core like our moat tier, have to have to have people that go above and beyond in terms of expressing support. You know, it's no different than public radio. You know, everyone you know puts a little bit in the pot, but really it's those consistent, big whale supporters that if they're not on board, panic sets in right. As far as making the making the fundraising rounds every quarter, these are your real seed funders. These are the folks that really put the cash on the table to make us take adventurous risks to say, you know what, fuck everything, We're going to keep doing something until we feel like it's done. We're going to go as long as we have to. We're going to clear out the decks as much as we have to be it to serenade sid to look at the wrestling influences in the Bond films, be it to talk about the life and times of Terry Funk. No one else has the luxury of being able to grind everything into a halt, put everything on order until the job is done. And what makes it worth it for everybody and you all know this by now, is that sitting in that archive of this podcast, that shelf life is unmatched. Unmatched are your wrestling You'll be able to go back there and confidently say that if I'm interested in this event, in this wrestler, or in this subject, this is all I'm reasonably going to need. Yes, to capture what they were about, what resonated about them or it and the flashpoints, and even beyond that, look no further than you know Holt mccallumy, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh fucking a. I mean he's when he had.
Speaker 7: To become Fritz. What podcast did the fucking trick? Don't you ever forget that that shelf life time lapsed then, and you're helping to fund our ability to take that risk and to not stop until it's done every single time. And the Moat tier again are the premium supporters of the mission. And not only do they get that that shine. As a result, they get wrestle Mamia. Yes they do, and my god, getting wrestle Mamia is something worth getting it If you're in this for the memories of watching wrestling as a kid, of being on the living room carpet while your parents offered commentary in the background, this is as close as you're going to get to that experience. Boss plenty to come from Mama Sora.
Speaker 3: I mean by this point, you know, motors have already listened to my mom and I want and I see you you as well, you were there for this one. I make special appearances.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 3: Yes, Indeed, we all watched Rob Van Dam versus Jerry Lynn from Living Dangerously ninety nine, as we did, and that's the most recent wrestle Mamia. And you know, and coming up right after, you know, next week with when they giving and all we do, I like to do a a traditional Survivor series matchup for the Thanksgiving week tradition, and uh, there'll be a fun, fun, stupid fucking four on four match for your enjoyment.
Speaker 7: Starting to see people advocate to bring that back. Get sick of the war games, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You should, of course they should. I don't I don't. I mean, listen, I'm fine with the war games, but I just we've done enough now.
Speaker 7: I don't remember a single fucking thing that happened in any of them, nowhere near what I remember in the Survivor's series elimination tags.
Speaker 3: Oh, I agree, I sho tell you not to mention the the fucking war Games of old.
Speaker 7: There's only so many fucking West Side story face offs that I can remember and keep trying.
Speaker 3: I know, I can't stand. I can't stand those staged, fucking annoying things that they do.
Speaker 7: There's only so many completely unnecessary loading up the war games cage with tables and garbage cans and fucking crunches and.
Speaker 3: Just violence, like just fighting, and guys, like, when did that cages enough? Then don't do war games. If you have to fill the wargames cage up with all the things you'd use to make a regular match stand out, then just do that kind of match, you know, fucking make a make a Survivors series, you know, notice qualification ten man tag or something, because like, don't pretend you're doing war games. That's fucking obnoxious by now, you know, just remember too, like fucking the uh uh you know what was exciting about a war Games match back in the day that still excites me when we would watch it. We watch it for the art of wargames journey, the fucking like sting, just holding onto the ceiling and doing a kick to somebody's face like that was exciting.
Speaker 7: We're having to climb the top of the cage because there's a fucking roof on it, as there should be, right or actually, you know, remembering and caring and popping for a rocky steamboat entering the cage or hawk entering the cage. Nobody that enters a cage in a w W War Games maybe Kevin Owens in the xt one, but that doesn't count. I'm talking the ones I remember a single run in because they're up on the fucking shark cage. They all have their entrance music. Nobody's pulling on the door, chomping at the bit. The baby faces are never an appropriate peril thumbs down, It's lame. And with that said, another reason to make sure your Patreon is current and in line is our upcoming series of premium live event live calls, which we of course watch modern WWE so you don't have to, but indeed, it is the Thanksgiving tradition. Survivory series coming up at the end of the month will be live up on Patreon for you with our match by match call through the laps.
Speaker 3: The post Thanksgiving tradition.
Speaker 7: Now, ye, who knows, it's a tradition that we post. That's for sure, that's true. And so the art of war games continues in that respect, coming up on Patreon for your Patreon dollar. An addition, will have the Saturday Nights Made event coming up, which is going to be label a pl in December, so that'll be interesting to get back into that for your Patreon dollar. And I don't know, Boss, I've kicked this around. I haven't run it by you yet, but maybe the first run Netflix might make some sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that that kind of works in a way. I mean from the Into It Dome, the new Into It Dome in l A. Excuse me, you know that big stated for the Clippers. What are we into?
Speaker 7: Remember WrestleMania when we went to LA they had that big Clippers stadium they were building.
Speaker 3: Uh no, that's.
Speaker 7: Coming all right, and travel there is going to be there.
Speaker 3: What are they into? They're into it?
Speaker 7: So maybe yeah, in other words, that's gonna be a great landing pad for shows that you know, draw draw enough of our attention that we might sprinkle in some extra live calls because you know, the fucking Rumble is until February. It's so annoying and that fucking obnoxious, it's so stupid wrestlming is gonna at the end of April. I mean, I don't know why they're still gonna have two pay per views in between. Guys, you get that, you don't you have that weekend between the fucking finals of the playoffs in the NFL and the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: That's when you do Worry Rumble. It's there for that reason. I mean, you know, it's kind of funny too, like maybe.
Speaker 7: Out to check the calendar, maybe that is this weekend this year, maybe it falls into February. But I don't care.
Speaker 3: It's gross, you know I and I get and I get the idea that, you know, they want to prevent the freezing cold of like of what happened in Philadelphia last year. But you know what, guys like you're in Vegas, the last thing you need to do is have in the mid April and late April fucking Vegas, right, I'm sure could have done early April, late March, like normal fucking people.
Speaker 7: There's some bullshit where like Vegas came to the table late and was all booked up on the typical Wrestlmania weekend, and so they just took whatever because there's a huge fat check waiting for him when.
Speaker 3: They get there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's the problem right there.
Speaker 7: So so definitely a time to lock into the live call is that's going to accelerate through the end of the year as well. So many more benefits. You get add free version of this pot cast. You get deep dives in Part twos, a day earlier than anybody else. We try to make that happen for you. It hasn't always happened that way, but it's definitely a goal. You got the archives ad free, not the entirety of the archive, but everything that's been up since we started doing our Patreon and just the give and take with the listeners. Man, this is the coolest comment section, if you want to call it that, that I've ever seen in the wrestling space. I agree the ship people say under the audio files and the way they go back and forth and the insightful things they say they take issue with us sometimes, which I don't really support. It's a great kind of like way to put to the test if what we're doing is up to snuff.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, absolutely, you know we even have you know, on occasion occasion, Fuel obligated to write back. Had a nice back and forth with with the Brian Blake over nineteen seventies filmmakers after our Exos episode dropped.
Speaker 7: It's been so great about it. Under the cinemat too is to bring out the cinephiles in the Solar system via the Patreon comments because they're ready, they're ready to fill in holes and yep, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So that's great. I mean, as you knows, as much as I try to fill in every last thing that I can, you know, there's there is only so much Like there's the it's amazing how expansive and don't even realize how expansive, like the Hollywood film businesses. It's even more than so than I thought, you know, it's there's so much information out there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's like double the amount of information that you could access than a wrestling show.
Speaker 3: So that's it's it's sometimes it really is. I mean it's like sometimes I'm like, holy shit, because the real world is covering it.
Speaker 7: It's right. It justifies actual documentation by the press, right.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, and actually people actually are interested in.
Speaker 7: This, right exactly. Beyond like two or three newsletters, there's actually like the real newspapers you can look at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the New York Times actually is interested in what you know is happening behind the scenes of the Exorcist.
Speaker 7: And you know, sleigh bells are ringing. You can hear them in the distance.
Speaker 3: Yes, arched up.
Speaker 7: Rudolph's ready and your co chairmen are ready as we are. Every holiday season coming quite soon, it's the third annual unwrapping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we get to we need to get a fucking rink in bass into the cinema and that's what we need.
Speaker 7: You act like it's anyone else's thing but your own. Go for it. If it hasn't happened, it's your fault.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not my fault. They just didn't hire a wrestler, that's true, or find a wrestling connection.
Speaker 7: So yeah, that's that's the calls right there. Did know that, wouldn't Mark Billy de Wolf, that's the he had nothing to do with wrestling. I don't know. Did uh a guy who goes Rush Rush ever do a Jimmy Duranti, did ever do anything wrestling related?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mad, Jimmy Durant. He looks seems like a guy who who would have been a wrestling announcer.
Speaker 7: I know exactly there's someone who like we did an ad campaign with like Bruno, right or something like that. Right, But I get what we're going to deliver. The rapping is coming Mountain, Oh man. The halls are decked, the ignogus pored, and your coachiers prepared to share with you the process of unwrapping gifts from across the Solar System, from across the world. It was a it was a battle. It was it was Titanic in its epic, noess God, and it'll be unloaded on the Solar system before you know.
Speaker 3: Exhausting. It was so exhausting before you know exhausting.
Speaker 7: And look, if you want to share lapsness with the lapsed fan in your life, if you want to, uh, maybe get a gift list out to those in your life, you really ought to consider some of the premium apparel that we've got at Chopped Teas. Okay, look up our Chopped teas store, The Homie Dicky has made sure that really high level quality premium items with that lapsed logo can be put under your tree this holiday season, from incredible jackets and hats and uh fanny packs and pants and hoodies and all kinds of stuff that you really can rock that logo with pride, with a high higher level of craftsmanship and full support over there if you want to engage with our Chopped Tea store, and this of course the Pro Wrestling Tea store if you want that straight T shirt. Whichevery pro wrestling fan worth his salt, has a deep collection of We've got your black T shirts and plenty of multi colored ones as well, including ones that document the very journey that we're on right now. Boss.
Speaker 3: We have indeed two more coming out.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm ready to submit them for approval. But look look out there for a udi Mania shirt. I think you Mania is running wild, yes, And as well as the uh I'm either eating waffles or I'm eating your face shirt. I don't even remember that one. It's it's a Vader thing, like fucking Vader is a wall. He wouldn't, Oh, but I know that is. But I didn't remember the side of it. I don't know why. Yeah, he you know Vader and he well he's walking on hot waffles. Yeah, he was threatening people. He was an old guy. All I remember is this guy in the back, who's the chef. You know this. I think we came up with it. A guy. You know, he's not he's retired. He just does this to get out of the house. You know. It's like it just a shit job that he does, just to say that used to be involved with people. And Vader is like in his face saying I'm going to either eat waffles or I'm gonna eat your face.
Speaker 7: Spittle everywhere exactly. And shout out to Brian, who has also joined the elite group of folks that have toggled over to Pro Wrestling teas dot Com slash lapsed fan and purchased a Sid's Vienna's T shirt as part of sid tribute collection that's apparently got more chapters to go. And yes, Andrew, we called him out for being I believe the first to buy one of the Sids Vienna's Designs T shirts and he wrote us up. He said, I don't know if that was me, but here's the story. So I'm listening to the latest SID Tribute Part six and there is a shout out to and Andrew, who purchased the SIDS Vienna shirt. My name is Andrew, and I recently purchased the SIDS Vicious Vienna shirt. Now. I don't know if you're talking about me on the show or if it's some other Andrew who got in touch with you after buying the shirt, but I thought y'all might get a kick out of why I got the shirt. Yes, recently, my wife and I made a trip to Canada to see some family, A fifteen hour drive for us, so I always load up on podcasts and make the drive easier for me. For context, my wife gotta go. Yeah, we know where this is going, right. Would you ever like, oh my God, with the family in the car, load up TLF No, unreal, no, never for contact. My wife has heard the cast before, and let's just say she doesn't get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Our trip to Canada just happened to be the same week the SID Tribute Part one drop, where we discovered Sid's eternal link to Vienna sausages. My wife, who was barely paying attention, would yell every time Vienna sausages were mentioned during five or so hour long podcasts. I thought this was a wrestling podcast. Why do they keep talking about vienna sausages? She said? And every time I would laugh at the mention of Vienna's, she would yell, why are you laughing? This isn't funny. There's another t shirt, boss for the store, write that one down. Why are you laughing? This isn't funny t l FX.
Speaker 3: Why and it be like Wife of Lapsed Fans.
Speaker 7: Rights the Lapsed Wife Yes TLW. So as soon as I heard there would be a shirt in tribute to sit On for wrestling teas, I knew what I had to do. I ordered her the it's for her, Oh my god, Oh my god. I ordered her brilliant, the largest size available on the site, to give her as a gag gift for Christmas. I figured she can wear it around the house with the other oversized teas that she has. Like I said, I'm not sure if I'm the Andrew being mentioned, but I might give her the shirt early and play her the clip and just say it was about me. Anyway, I would do that. Andrew, you have our full That's that's brilliant, that's great. That's the kind of stuff that happens out there. Man, those are little moments that we so live for hearing like little.
Speaker 3: What was it direct quote? It was why are you laughing? This isn't even funny?
Speaker 7: Yeah, something like that. Let me pull it back up. It is why are you laughing? This isn't funny? It's great, fucking soy boy podcast, fun right podcast, own fucking jokes.
Speaker 8: Holes.
Speaker 7: Love it so much. So yeah, all the love, all the respect, all the best wishes coming to you is as we hit American Thanksgiving here, as we hit the holiday season globally, TLF you know, TLF is here. TF is always here, always, and we hope you find our many offerings part of your holiday feast this year. Well, we've got that established. The terms of engagement are set. People now know what they need to do to deserve what's about to come. Yes, and that is our dive into independ contractor agreement.
Speaker 3: Boss, give me independent independent contractor agreement.
Speaker 7: Signed if I'm not mistaken two days before he came back to WCW in nineteen nine June. That is the contract of SID And I believe mister Ude himself has donned the bespectacles and is going to read us the chapter and verse of the most lucrative contract of his life.
Speaker 3: This independent contractor agreement. The agreement is made and entered into as of the ninth day of June nineteen ninety nine, by and between World Championship Wrestling Incorporated, a Georgia Company Corporation located at one CNN Center, Atlanta, Georgia, three three four A WCW and Sydney r ud Wrestler For a consideration of the mutual promises and agreements contained herein, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. The parties hereby agree as follows.
Speaker 7: Of the parties hereby agree to.
Speaker 3: Number one services. Services is correct a subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement. Wrestler agrees to provide the following services as requested by w CW, appear and perform as a professional wrestler at events.
Speaker 7: How do they ever get to agree to that.
Speaker 3: Including without limitation, live and tape television shows, pay per view telecasts, live arena shows, and other promotional events as requested.
Speaker 7: But I do not agree to this. I won't That's written in the margin. For those of you wondering, I.
Speaker 3: Won't agree to be there at beck and Call.
Speaker 7: Now listen, you're gonna tell s Justice that I have to appear and perform as a professional wrestler at events.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't recall, ever forever appearing at events.
Speaker 7: There you go. You knew it was coming. Direct hit direct, fucking.
Speaker 3: Hit number two. Cooperate with and assist in activities intended to publicize, advertise, and promote the events WCW and WCW merchandise, including by not limited to, on sale ticket appearances, media interviews, and other publicity appearances. Develop his own individual wrestling style and persona with advice from WCW that will be attractive to wrestling fans.
Speaker 7: And we'll pause right there. Okay, there is a contract term in WCW agreements in which the wrestler agrees to I can't develop his own individual wrestling style and persona, So.
Speaker 3: I want nothing to do with what you do, all right? This is all you, Right, you develop it, you do this shit. I don't want nothing to do with it.
Speaker 7: I mean, god, what is this term for?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 7: Is this like something they come back and hit you with? If you like, go out there and don't come up with something that's quote attractive to wrestling fans. Like, what's their recourse at that point? Like you violated your contract? No one cares about it.
Speaker 3: Someone says, hey, you know what, SID, we told you to do that, So you're fucking fired.
Speaker 7: Right, it's the booking plan, Like why are you? Why is there a contract term that allows you to come after me? If people that might be a SID?
Speaker 3: And I will not do what WWS.
Speaker 7: Right, only on advice and consent.
Speaker 3: I will listen to advice and I will listen to consent. But you better but I will not be obligated. I repeat, I will not be obligated to do anything you say. Right, I developed persona, I developed style, yep, and it's all my own.
Speaker 7: I develop a persona that's a quote anyway, Next.
Speaker 3: Provide oh, here we go again, provide a wardrobe, props and makeup necessary for his performance at any event?
Speaker 7: Said, did you bring your makeup?
Speaker 3: I have zombie makeup. I stick my that to my character. Since I developed my own persona.
Speaker 7: That is attractive to wrestling fans.
Speaker 3: I can tell you right now that my persona that I've developed on my own and my style is very attractive to fans. And my attire, my wardrobe, it is attractive to fans.
Speaker 7: You in the head like a shut It'll hit you in.
Speaker 3: The head like a shot. You. You are looking at the revolutionary one. I revolt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you say that again.
Speaker 3: I am the revolting one. I am the revolving one. I revolve, I revolt, I do not obey. I develop on an individual place.
Speaker 7: See what you need to understand about me is I develop on an individual basis. And what you need right now is a big vicious heel.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Provided however, all such items shall be subject to approval by WCW prior to their use in an event. So he has to bring it all in, but he might not be able to use it at all. That's right, if they don't like it. The wardrobes and props, yes, is that something I have not heard that before? I thought, fucking they have wardrobe people? Now they do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it was in Warriors contract too, Like they still kind of make him responsible for his gear even if they even if they provide it to him.
Speaker 3: That's so weird.
Speaker 7: It's very strange.
Speaker 3: And perform such other services as may be reasonably requested by WCW. What's reasonable in your eyes? WCW.
Speaker 9: That word reasonably is in there for a reason.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving blowjobs right before you even ask. I've done it before I begin. There's no way you get Sid on his knees blown cock, right, you understand.
Speaker 7: I will not join you on the balcony to watch the lightning.
Speaker 3: I've blow him too many fools in my line.
Speaker 7: My god, Patterson wanted to jerk him off off the balcony. So like has come like rained down, you know what I mean, just like very subtle, almost like bird poop.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just like get through them gets fucking smacked in the eye with.
Speaker 7: Through the Tampa night sky, you know.
Speaker 3: With a spot of fucking sidges.
Speaker 7: Sid barely makes a sound as it comes out, Sid.
Speaker 8: Sid just.
Speaker 7: Isn't this isn't the lightning's amazing? Said, tell you what? Put those down? What? What's wrong? What are you homophobe?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 7: Do you have a problem with them doing that?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: And down come his turquoise trunks of course, right.
Speaker 3: Of course it's always wearing some of the fucking roof, always wearing fucking turk oise trunks.
Speaker 7: It dribbles out pathetically. What episode is it where they talk about, Oh, it must be when he it must be when he first cut us to w WF because that's where that story comes from. No, that's why they're reading his ww contract.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: It's the lap wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the lapsed fan. He's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling podcast with Jack and Carnacio and JP.
Speaker 3: Sorow wrestler agrees to use his best efforts to perform the services in a professional manner consistent with the customs of.
Speaker 7: The professional I said, I want to talk to a little bit about your performance. You know, we're a little underwhelmed so far. We wonder if you're giving it one hundred percent. Well, I have agreed to use my best efforts.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you I've used my best efforts. My best efforts are never one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: Well, there's a contradiction in terms. I am only obligated to use my best efforts to perform the services in a professional manner consistent with the customs of the professional wrestling, and.
Speaker 3: I have never said my best efforts would be one hundred percent. I never said that. That was not the contract. If you ask me right there and there, I'll say my best efforts at least.
Speaker 7: What says here inconsistent with the customs of the professional wrestling industry said. It doesn't say one hundred percent will grant you that. But isn't that sort of what that means is not implied.
Speaker 3: No, my best effort comes at seventy five percent of the most. If you're looking for immaculate effort, we're talking ninety percent.
Speaker 7: Pay increase.
Speaker 3: I demand one hundred extra dollars per minute. I am employed under contract. If you insist on immaculate effort.
Speaker 7: For every minute that mister Uty is employed by World Championship Wrestling, regardless of whether he's wrestling or not, or even appearing in an arena or not, he shall be paid the sum of one hundred dollars for every minute.
Speaker 3: Just gonna just gonna fucking do the math I.
Speaker 7: Do this mag is a no fucking how many minutes in a year?
Speaker 3: I mean, let's just do it. Yere one hundred, one hundred dollars times sixty minutes. That's six thousand dollars an hour. It's fine times twenty four hours a day. That's all forty four thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 7: So stop me when it's a problem.
Speaker 3: Right, This is which is a million, a million, eight thousand a week. Yeah, okay, Tom, listen, I understand, and we'll go for the big one. What about fifty two weeks a year? Forty two weeks? Right?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 3: All right, So well that's fifty two million, four hundred and sixteen thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 7: God damn did I hear it right?
Speaker 3: Making fifty effort.
Speaker 7: That would go around the business pretty quick. All right, guys, uh, sid just signed a fifty two million dollar contract. Hilarious? Is that like Hogan is making like three?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 7: What is that on the back end?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Were talking about fifty two million?
Speaker 8: Brother?
Speaker 3: What's fifty two? What's he getting paid?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 7: Easy?
Speaker 3: Well, hey, Terry, he's not making Hey for before you even say before you even say it, he's not making fifty two million dollars.
Speaker 7: He's making a dollar a minute. It's a big difference.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, I'm gonna tell you something, brother, You know, I kind of I'm not listen. I just want to talk to her, you, dude, I just want to talk to her with your brother, and I won't let you know, dude, that I actually you know, I actually hired the same lawyer right as Sid, dude, because I was just kind of curious. Brother, I said, what's going on? And he's not getting one dollar per minute? He's got one hundred dollars per minute, dude, And.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking, whole COVID shouldet two hundred.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking, you know, well, okay, you know, brother, Look, I'm Sid, Sid Sid dude. I get it. Sid. You know he's made him into wrestle Mania. I've made him into WrestleMania. So if we're talking it sins monivated to WrestleMania's brother, all right, and he's getting one hundred dollars per minute.
Speaker 7: Tell to tell with his math brother, Let's just cut to the chase, heer, dude, all right, let's just get to the brass tax of the matter.
Speaker 3: I think I think when it comes down to a brother, I think we've got to dial this thing in, dude, and I need to be getting one thousand dollars a minute.
Speaker 7: Brother, I'm more I think about it, dude. You know, as we go back and forth, he isn't that a word as we go back and forth here, Dude, I'm thinking able to cut the chase on this thing.
Speaker 9: Brother.
Speaker 7: I think Hulk Hogan needs to sign the first billion dollar contract in wrestling history, dude.
Speaker 3: Brother, what I'm thinking is, dude, you know what, Brother, I think we got we got to kind of dial it in. Do we gotta kind of get this thing back on track? Dude. And I know we've had this kind of give and take this whole time.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 3: I appreciate what you've been saying. I just want to say I get it. I get where you're coming from from a business standpoint. I get that, dude. I understand how you're looking at it as a business. But I'm talking about the Hulk Hogan business, brother, And this is what I'm trying to get at. I think, dude, when push comes to shove, Brother, the people want Hulk Coogan to sign the first ever ten billion dollar contract.
Speaker 7: Heck, we can't do ten billion, you know that.
Speaker 3: Okay? Fine, people want it, brother. So here's the thing. Do you want this company to go out of business, dude? Or do you want this company to thrive? I want this coming to go out a business, dude. Then fine, don't. I'm just signed the contract. But if you want this business to thrive, I think you better fork over ten billion dollars?
Speaker 7: And do you want Garrett to go to that private school?
Speaker 3: Brother? I mean, look, dude, I'm just trying to think of your family. Brother. Right, I'm on the board, you know. I know you know, dude, you're building. You know, you're trying to get that spread out there, and Cody, I get it my spread everywhere else I can. I just want to let you know, dude, I'm just you know, wait.
Speaker 7: A minute, what brother? What did you I'm putting this thing together in my head. Dude, are you right? Instead of word, what do you promise?
Speaker 3: Sid? Dude?
Speaker 7: Like you you you brushed right past that you didn't like you made it seem like you were getting away with something like if what I said was true. That's only the half of it, dude.
Speaker 3: Is if you kind of like, if you're willing to give me this ten billion dollars brother, yeah, he said not so, I don't wonder exactly what did you What are you giving Sid? What said? God? Brother?
Speaker 8: I don't half.
Speaker 3: Where are we at?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 3: Giving him?
Speaker 7: You giving him a push?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 3: Well, you've been talking to Sid brother.
Speaker 7: You just said he give him Ellie dollar contract.
Speaker 3: You've been.
Speaker 7: After all that he goes. You've been talking to Sid brother as if like I didn't actually think you were talking to him. I just wanted something to fly off the handle about what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you Are we talking push dude?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: What are we.
Speaker 7: Are we talking? Push?
Speaker 8: We?
Speaker 7: Because if that's the case, then we have a whole new.
Speaker 3: We're talking dude, we get a whole were talking? You know, we got dollars back in again? Brother? Yeah, I need ten billion dollars and three push? Right, So what what do we are we talking? Torch?
Speaker 7: Just like in ninety when they brought him in a ninety one brother, they give the whole Cogan spot I heard.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about? Are you just say if we got Hollywood Hulk Coagan? Are you getting like Santa Monica Sid Vicious?
Speaker 7: That would explain the Sandals if nothing else. Sid Dude, come on in, brother, what's up? Brother? Look, it's been so long, I'm so happy or here dude. You know I just have to ask. Last time we were in the same locker room together, Brother, I couldn't help it hearing that you promised the whole Hogan spot. Brother. It's crazy how things work out in this world. And you know where we come full circle like this. I'm just wondering, dude, did you did you ask for something similar to come here?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 7: What were the how those discussions go? Dude said, I hurt you.
Speaker 3: I just want to know why hurt you? All right?
Speaker 7: Because I'm standing here, brother, like ten inches away from you.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're asking questions about my contract. Is that what you're doing right now?
Speaker 7: Oh? Brother? If it's in the contract, I mean I think you just told on yourself.
Speaker 3: What brother, I have said one thing all my.
Speaker 7: Life, and that that would be.
Speaker 3: That's sid. Justice is.
Speaker 8: Gonna be all Gogan.
Speaker 7: You've said that your whole life. Call themselves said justice again. By the way, anyway, we have some paragraph.
Speaker 3: B paragraph Okay, I guess. By the way, Santa Monica Vicious is gonna have to be a thing now today.
Speaker 7: I think so. Yeah. It was a fucking Santa Monica Peer six brawl in the hotel in England.
Speaker 3: In connection with Wrestler's performance of the services, Wrestler grants w CW the following exclusive paid up worldwide ROTS one to arrange wrestler's performance or appearance at advance to arrange performance, to arrange performance.
Speaker 7: That's one way to put it.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 3: What do you what are you ranging for me?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Is this? Because I'm not a faithful.
Speaker 7: See it's a simple.
Speaker 3: It's real simple game we play. We go round and round, and I look at the circle and wonder what is the loop about?
Speaker 7: Two lay, two lawyers enter one, contract leaves.
Speaker 3: Two lawyers enter.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: SID leaves m H to sell or distribute admission tickets to all events. Wait? Wait, are you saying I'm a ticket teller? Am I working box office? So this is no?
Speaker 7: This is this is you granted us these rights to do it?
Speaker 3: Not you doing what do you tell me I have? Are you obligating me to sit in the box office and sell tickets?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 7: No, quite the opposite. This is you giving us the exclusive Shut up.
Speaker 3: I want to understand why you think SID is going to sell tickets.
Speaker 7: It's all of the question. Man, I wonder the same thing when I saw the salary lines on this thing. But I'm just a lawyer, Nick Lambrose.
Speaker 3: What gives you the crazy thought that SID is going to sell a single ticket?
Speaker 7: Sure, yeah, I checked your references. I understand why you'd ask us that.
Speaker 3: To create, publish, distribute, broadcast, photograph, film, type, or otherwise record or author us others to do so in any and all available media, any or all of the events or anime animated programs. Any such creation or recording shall be referred to as a program, and for to use, exhibit, and distribute into license others to use, exhibit, and distribute in perpetuity any program, or any part or segment of any program, in any or in all media, and by any and all methods, whether now knows, whether now known or coming into existency or after, and in connection therewith do you lie and exploit the name image?
Speaker 7: You're going to exploit me right my words in the contract.
Speaker 3: I want to understand why you'd exploit said, well, because that's the name. I am simply trying to do my best by my church. I do that one coming, and now you want to exploit everything that I.
Speaker 7: Am well said. If you put it that way, Jesus Christ, I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you right now, once you look me dead in the eye, I want you to understand somebody's real simple. I am not in the exploitation business. Right, I don't work pornography. If you go and exploit something, you exploit yourself.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: And if you need to, I will exploit you for you because I'm a private backer in the exploitation business. But I will not be exploited myself.
Speaker 7: Exploit others as they would exploit you. But do it first.
Speaker 3: Image likeness, character, costume, props, ring name, voice, logo, service marks, trademarks, trade names, signature gimmicks, routines, themes and.
Speaker 7: What caricatures caricatures? Yeah, I can say that, again, said.
Speaker 3: Right, and any and all other distinctive identifying India as used by or associated with Wrestler.
Speaker 8: He said, my church a case of being sausages.
Speaker 3: And I sent him an autograph picture picture, a picture of what exactly.
Speaker 7: Let me get into that here in the contract.
Speaker 3: The riots growing up by this section shall be exclusive to WW during the term and for the period set forth in section non B, and shall be non exclusive thereafter. Wrestler expressly acknowledges and agrees that the rights granted to w CW in Section one B four shall continue in effect after the expiration, non renewal, or termination for any reason of this agreement. Right, I don't allow that.
Speaker 13: I will not allow myself to be dominated.
Speaker 7: It looks like you just did said I mean already reason.
Speaker 3: W CW and Wrestler acknowledge and agree that they have entered into that certain merchandise in agreement. Yes, and even data HEREWI with respect to certain specified merchandise in activity WOW number two independent contractor wrestlering the performance of services agreeed in this document is an independent contractor. That means I don't have to come here at any time. You don't call me in, you don't set time. I'm working ten hunder nine. My accountant, Kevin Nash, said so right. In the performance of this agreement, both WCW and Wrestler shall be acting in their own, separate capacities, and not as agents, employees, partners, joint venturers, or associates of one another. It is expressly understood and agreed that Wrestler is not authorized to bind WW to any liability or obligation.
Speaker 7: What there's the word, he says it obligation. It's in there.
Speaker 3: WW is not authorized to bind me to obligation.
Speaker 7: It is expressly understood and agreed that Wrestler is not authorized to bind WCW to any liability or obligation.
Speaker 3: WW doesn't bind meata obligation. Right, you got that backwards. You gotta rewrite that shit.
Speaker 7: That's your question. If the wrestler is not authorized to bind WCW to any obligation, is w c W authorized to bind wrestler to any obligation.
Speaker 3: Or to represent that it has any such authority. It's fine, I won't allow you to obligate me, right, I'm about that. Wrestler is responsible for all of his own all of his expenses, including, without limitation, medical expenses.
Speaker 7: That'll come that'll come into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure I don't agree to this.
Speaker 7: What if I snap my leg in half? What if I snapped my leg in half and it's your fault? Right, Well, you say that, I do.
Speaker 3: I say it's your fault. I say it. I'll say it again, it's your fault. Health and welfare, insurance, disability insurance, training expenses, props, wardrobe, makeup, and other expenses necessary to perform the services under this agreement without limiting the generality, the foregoing wrestler acknowledges that, as between w CW and wrestler, wrestler shall be solely responsible libel for the payment of any and all withholding or other taxes levied, assessed, or do as a resultless services which we are performed by wrestler under this agreement. Any and all travel incurred by Wrestler, and this performance of services here under shall be pursuant to w CW's travel policy, as amended by w CW from time to time.
Speaker 7: And I love to see a copy of the WCW Travel Policy. Please, I need that capital T capital P.
Speaker 3: Number three. Compensation A as full and complete compensation for the services WCW shall pay to wrestler, and wrestler shall accept the payments described on Exhibit A attasked here too and incorporated herein by reference.
Speaker 7: We're going to get to Exhibit A once we arrived that part of the contract.
Speaker 8: B.
Speaker 3: Wrestler's compensation is outlining. Exhibit A shall be a proportioned according to the falling schedule. Pay perviews forty percent of annual compensation, Televised event taped or live twenty five percent of annual compensation, Non televised house shows twenty percent of annual compensation. Interviews, photo shoots, personal appearances fifteen percent of annual compensation. Wow in the event wrestler fails to timely appear and performance required by WSW except by reason of incapacity, w W shall have to write to deduct pro ratus sums from wrestler's compensation payments based on the foregoing a point apportionment divided by ww's reasonable projection of wrestler's number of annual appearances in each category.
Speaker 7: Now, I think it might be appropriate to go right ahead to page sixteen of this document and read Exhibit A. While we're on compensation, and we're about to read the terms explaining and expounding upon this exhibit A marked independent contractor agreement for Sydney r ud Aka, said Vicious. Exhibit A. Compensation here is ladies and gentlemen. How sid's pay was structured in this WCW.
Speaker 3: WOW in consideration of wrestlers granted the riots, licenses and services here under provided wrestler faithfully and fully performs all of his obligations here Under WSWSHL pay wrestlers follows Year one, nineteen ninety nine through June eight, two thousand, eight hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: That's the salary right there.
Speaker 3: Year two June nine, two thousand through June eight, two thousand and one, eight hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 7: I remain obsessed with the fact that WSW contracts signed around ninety nine and two thousand extended beyond the existence of the company.
Speaker 3: Oh and this one right here, this part, especially because this part the contract starts like the year starts and ends after the company's done year three June nine, two thousand and one to June eight, two thousand and two, nine hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: So it goes from eight hundred thousand, eight hundred fifty thousand and nine hundred thousand dollars guaranteed.
Speaker 3: And he collected what a year in several months.
Speaker 7: He collected every one of those years. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I know I'm saying like he collected a year and like three months worth of money.
Speaker 7: For not doing it for nothing. Yeah that's right. What did what did ww F sign everybody right away?
Speaker 3: Right? That's why? Yeah, because I don't want to fucking work if I don't have to.
Speaker 7: Have a nine hundred thousand dollars kissing the mail on the way right exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the fine. I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 7: Either, cash that motherfucker an.
Speaker 3: Audition in the event wrestler appears and performs on air at So that's not that's his base. Salary's base.
Speaker 7: Yep, g get to the bonuses, right, I mean that's chump change.
Speaker 3: Holy shit.
Speaker 7: And now we're getting to why you know Sid put it all together and saw one point five million a year.
Speaker 3: It's an addition in the in the event wrestler appears and performs on air at any ww pay per view event as instructed by WSW during the term WWS shall pay wrestler pay per view onuses follows. Year one fifty thousand dollars per pay perview event. Pretty sweet, Year two fifty five thousand dollars per pay per view event. Year three sixty thousand dollars per pay perview vent.
Speaker 7: Jesus So no percentage like Hogan where he gets a certain amount of the pay per view haul. He just gets a flat amount. But yeah, you know, you take nine hundred thousand in year three and sixty thousand per pay per view event. You know, two or three pay per views. He might even he might haven't clear two million if he has a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seriously, I mean, how many was he in between ninety nine and two thousand?
Speaker 7: I don't know, probably six.
Speaker 3: I mean he breaks he breaks a million right there? Yep, you know Jesus wrestlers shall be paid for a minimum of eight paid wow minimum, So he made he does eight automatically, he does eight and guess what if he does seven, he still gets paid for eight. So wait a minute, So he got paid for pay per views even though the company was under.
Speaker 7: Yes, and you remember that's why they tried to get Hogan on Greed. They offered him. They told him to show up at Greed because then they didn't think they'd have to pay him because he refused to appear.
Speaker 3: No, brother, and we got fine line, dude, right, fine.
Speaker 7: Print, because I don't think he had a minimum like this here. I don't think he did. I think it was sort of like, yeah, there was, I mean we went through it all. It's on the archives. But it was some kind of deal where like he actually had to like perform, he couldn't. He wouldn't just be paid. Uh, he would be paid if he didn't.
Speaker 3: Want to be. No, No, he had to be the featured performer the feature program and now it's his match or something like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, feature performers. Where was he and That's that was his pushback, like, like, you just can't just tell me to show up at a pay per view and expect that to satisfy the contractual term, Like there needs to be something put in place that makes it clear that I'm the future performer. Otherwise that part of the contract doesn't count. I'll and void, brother, And that's why he cash those one million dollar checks even after he was court is totally gone. Of course he did under a contract that he was arguing in civil court was invalid. Of course those parts were valid. The rest of it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Of course, Listen, I choose validity.
Speaker 7: It's been invalidated.
Speaker 3: Yes, I choose the validity that is required for my own validation.
Speaker 7: Well, then mister Hogan, we can go ahead and process this.
Speaker 3: Check for you. Then this agreement shall commence as of June not none nine, and shall continue until June eight, two thousand and two. Travel when required to travel for WW business. WW shall provide wrestler with a rental car, hotel, tell accommodations. And so what the fuck was that whole thing in the early part of of of how he had to pay for his own travel and all that shit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know why that's in there.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is a writer obviously, this part is a writer here, so.
Speaker 7: This supplies only to said, whereas the rest is probably boiler played language.
Speaker 3: It's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's pretty crazy because I mean maybe a lot of guys had this deal. But you know, that's the whole wrestler thing is like we don't, we don't have these expenses covered, but here it is. Of course they did, at least he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's absurd. First class air yep, Well he used the leg room.
Speaker 7: You know, it's fair.
Speaker 3: He's you know, he's a big guy. Special provisions, so these aren't special enough.
Speaker 7: Put home based Memphis, Tennessee, by the way in the contract, so that he doesn't trust.
Speaker 3: You, well until yes, when my churches that's where my god.
Speaker 7: Is right presumably, so he doesn't try to move after the contract and cost them three times more in airfare than they we're expecting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you never know. Special provisions. Wrestlers shall not be required to perform the services here. Oh my god, Oh my goodness. Wrestlers shall not be required to perform services here under an exist of one hundred and eighty days per contractual year, exclusive of travel and.
Speaker 7: Then they have his address and his Social Security numbers, which we don't need to share. Signed Sydney kue is Sydney r Udi and I believe that's Eric Bishov's signature.
Speaker 3: It looks like an S to me, but whatever it does. So wait a minute, wait a minute. So really, so all this shit up here, he gets paid all this nonsensical money for working six months.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you about in June, like how it's June to December.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm talking about how I'm talking about how it's June to June. But he only has to work one hundred eight days instead of three hundred and sixty five like.
Speaker 7: He well three and sixty guy would be Yeah, they didn't.
Speaker 3: Have Well I know, I know they I mean listen, I know I get that. But still like that's he is not required to perform beyond one hundred and eighty days.
Speaker 7: No, there's probably not many. That's probably how many shows they had. Honestly, they probably didn't have any. They probably have one hundred and eighty. They probably had less honestly by then because they cut down have shows so much TV taping by then, well they were still taping Thunder separately. But at a certain point in two thousand they switched to taping Thunder the same night as Nitro. But you know, one pay per view a month. So yeah, that's part of the reason. That's part of the appeal to going to WCW was they weren't on the road three hundred days a year. You know, last.
Speaker 1: Wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan. He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Carnacio, m JP Sorrow.
Speaker 7: So we go back to where we started to reference the schedule A and the compensation part of the agreement. I believe that would be page four right, Mumm and wrestler fatals to appear. After they do the breakdown of forty percent pay per view, twenty five percent annual. I don't understand, like why that's even in there, honestly, Like.
Speaker 3: Well, that's just gonna be again, that's just gonna be for bait. This is your base caught. You know, this is not a specific contract, it's a base contract. And then the writer at the end, I.
Speaker 7: Should un't say why they have to set out like that forty percent of his pay has to be from pay per view.
Speaker 3: Well, it's everybody. Yeah, it's everybody, and chances are other people like HUV and Kude. Guerrera is not getting a rider at the end.
Speaker 7: You know that's true, But like everyone's going to be a pay per view, so that how would you give some guy, some guy who's never in pay per view a contract that says forty percent of annual compensation is going to be pay per view.
Speaker 3: No, maybe that's the point. Maybe you don't get compensated for pay per views or not on, but.
Speaker 7: That it's not forty percent of your pay, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know. So weird. I don't know why those percentages are in there. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Let's just pay the people, Like what is it?
Speaker 7: Why does it matter how much each little piece of the each category of payment accounts for the whole pie. I don't get why that's important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. It is kind of weird. I mean, especially like especially for sid when he's getting paid a few bonuses anyway.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and exactly like you said, the writer sets in much more clear terms. But I don't even get why that's boiler plate language, like, oh you pay me what you pay me, and that's that, Like, why does it matter how much of it is pay per view?
Speaker 3: Is it is strange? I mean I.
Speaker 7: Maybe because maybe because they could go beyond the eight Oh I.
Speaker 3: Bet I know why. I bet I know why. This is why because your your paycheck is not going to be maybe your paycheck is different if like you know, on say, I don't know how often they got paid. I don't know what their pay schedule was, but if you're paid every two weeks, maybe on you know, weeks that are maybe like the two weeks that you don't have a pay per view, you're not gonna get much money. Okay, maybe yep, And maybe when you do a pay per view you get more money. God it hit me the fucking accountant for that.
Speaker 7: But well, yeah, you get well, at least as far as since contract is structured, you get paid, you know, over fifty two weeks, you get nine hundred thousand in year three and then on top of that, in certain periods you'd get.
Speaker 3: But I mean, yes, he does. But what if are they going to distribute that in different ways? Like are they going to say, hey, you know, we don't pay you on you know, we don't pay you everything on weeks where there are no.
Speaker 7: You know, but that would make sense. Actually no, I think they just get there. They get their salary like anybody else would, and even increments every two weeks. Yeah, yeah, and then you get like an extra thing on there for the pay per view. But what I think maybe the forty percent is maybe because you know, like it says minimum eight, like if they if they gave him twelve, then perhaps the pay per view slug of his earnings would be more than forty percent.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 7: And maybe that this is a way to control that, like putting him on every pay per view, like maybe in in relation to his salary. I don't know. I still I still quite get why that has to be in there. But that's one thing that occurred to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe it is a maybe it is a way you know what I bet this is what I'll tell you what it is. It's so people can't say, well, I did this, you know, I did this interview, photo shooting, person appearances. Why am I going to pay extra for that? Well, it's fifteen percent of what you get is from that, Yeah I did, I did like twelve house shows. Why am I going to paid extra for that well, because it's part of your thing here, see twenty percent of your pay. That that to me is the way way it makes it basically, can't put the ceiling on it, right. People can't come and ask more like, we've already included that in part of your pay. It's not extra because we've included it, even though you've done such and such. That's where you get. You know, I don't know one of our lawyers will say something.
Speaker 7: But probably yeah, yeah, I think of that as more of a gating factor kind of like like we're saying where you know, it's it cuts both ways, Like the guy can't ask for all this extra money for all this extra work, and they can't really demand it one either. It's like only fifteen percent of my pay can be all these interviews in photo shoots.
Speaker 3: But again, I'm looking at this, I'm looking at this. I actually don't think of this as being now that we've read the writer, like in a weird way, all of this is null and void.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it just doesn't apply.
Speaker 3: It doesn't. But it's like they have to use their base contract and then the rider comes into play for the individuals. Yeah, for sure, for sure you know, like again, this is what they'd give some fucking you know, this is like what they gave Raymisterio in ninety six when he came in. Yeah, like here, you know, listen, this is what you get. No rider, you know, he's an idiot, doesn't fucking ask for anything else, and so he gets in a weird way.
Speaker 7: Jypped, I know what you mean. I think this is probably this is probably a version of a boilerplate contract, that is, for people that they actually plan on featuring and putting on pay per view. I don't think they would give this to a guy that they would never put on pay per view. Like I don't think Landy Pofo had forty percent of his annual compensation comes from pay per views. That doesn't even make any sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe, but.
Speaker 7: This is it to me. This is just like a way to This is a way to keep under control the amount of each category that can foist on the guy.
Speaker 14: Yeah you know, yeah, Parada read that parts those those nditions be rather.
Speaker 7: Just pick it up after the after those percentages on page page four.
Speaker 3: I read that part. Though I heard part of that I can read again. In the event wrestler fails to timely appear in performance required by WCW, except by reason of incapacity. WCW shall have the right to deduct pro rated sums from wrestlers compensation payments based on the foregoing appointment apportionment, divided by w CW's reasonable projection of wrestler's number of annual appearances in each category. In the event wrestler's unable to perform due to incapacity as defined below, the terms of Section eight shall apply this right. WCW shall be at addition to every other remedy now or later existing at law or in equity, and shall not in any way interfere with any rights on the part of WCW to enjoin wrestler from any violation of disagreement or any part thereof. Notwithstanding any reduction or deduction of compensation payments pursued to this section, all remaining terms and conditions of this agreement shell continue in full force and effect unless and until terminated pursuant to the terms of.
Speaker 7: This agreement, so he fails to appear as required unless he's incapacitated, WCW can take can take away pro rated sums from his payment based on the foregoing apportionment divided by w w's revisional projection of wrestler's number of ango appearances in each category. So this is this is further like explaining why those forty percent pay per view and all those numbers we just talked about are in there. It's giving them kind of like a guide to use when they want a deduct pay.
Speaker 3: Except again, this is again, this is like where you're talking about kind of a basic contract because all this is not on void. Yeah, based on the writer, I think so he's not deducted anything, yeah, at all for missing things. He's guaranteed money no matter what he does.
Speaker 7: I've been him a mate, Yeah, yep, yep. But I think I think they are saying like, we could not pay you for a ninth if you're incapacitated. That's kind of how I read it. Like it's still it's still in here for a reason. It's not totally null and void, but it applies after all the guarantees are set and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, notwithstanding the foregoing apportionment for general payment purposes, Wrestler's compensation shall be payable in equal installments on a twice a month basis. Or basin such schedule as WSW may implement from time to time.
Speaker 7: There's there's where the paychecks come in. Twice a month, Yeah, twice a month. For ownership of work product, all work product.
Speaker 3: Work product.
Speaker 7: Say that again?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. It sounds like, you know, like you buy like a craft cheese and it says artificial cheese product.
Speaker 7: I know, well, not too far off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's probably true. I guess you could definitely say this is artificial cheese product. All work product themes, routines, characters, storylines, property data, documentation or information of materials conceived, discovered, developed, or created by wrestler pursuit disagreement, including without limitation, the programs collectively, the work product shall be owned exclusively by WCW to the greatest extent possible. Any work product shall be deemed to be work made for hire.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as I find the Copyright Act and owned exclusively by WCW, wrestler herebys unconditionally, A revocably transferms and assigns a WCW all rights title interest in or any or any work product, including without limitation, all patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks, service marks, service marks. They're like a guy fucking delivering me food and other intellectual What happens my viennus? I need to know exactly what happens to my venus.
Speaker 9: There's something missing from this contract.
Speaker 3: My viennas are not owned by WSW.
Speaker 5: He sent my church in case of Vienna sausages, and I sent him an autograph picture.
Speaker 3: Ooh oh, coach, so cool?
Speaker 7: I know where do I get out of that action.
Speaker 3: Sid Jesus Wrestler has previously developed and represents the WSW that he is the sole owner of the fallen ring names, stage names or nicknames in connection with the provision of professional wrestling services Sid Vicious. Doesn't the rocker own that name? I guess Russian wrestling services?
Speaker 7: I guess, which is weird because he has to own that to work for you, Like, what if he doesn't own it? Who cares?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Right, that's a term of the contract that you have to own your wrestling name. I've never heard of that. Well, maybe because it's previously developed. They do say that in the contract. Yeah, I get that. I think probably what it is is if someone sues us for calling you Sid Vicious on TV, it's on you, not us, because we told you that in exchange for this contract, you're representing that you have.
Speaker 3: The rights to use the name Yeah. Wrestler here by licenses WW to use and exploit any in all of the wrestler's names, exclusively during the term for all purposes here under, and non exclusively thereafter in connection with ww's exploitation or use the programs. Wrestler grees is that any ring named, nicknamed, persona, logo, or character developed by him and on WCW during the term, and used by him in connection with performance of the services, shall be part of the work product and shall be the exclusive property of WCW. W CW shall have the right to register any such name, nickname, or logo as a trademark or service market WCW to the extent WCW considers such registration to be permitted and appropriate under any applicable law. Without regard to any such registration, Wrestler here by covenants that he shall not use any such ring, name, nickname, persona, logo, or character developed during the term for any purpose at any time in propuity produity.
Speaker 7: Huh, you said it just like he would.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Well, the express consent w W. Wrestler agrees to execute and deliver ws W all male packages, all Vienna's, all Vienna packages. I will not you put down a FRANKO, deliver those fucking viennas. Fike, Yeah, Ed, I wonder how many times why don't you listen to me? I've called your name eighteen times and you just sat there sleeping like a bitch.
Speaker 9: Did you deliver the venas?
Speaker 3: I need to know right now, and I'm gonna ask you something. It's real simple, right, It's so simple it's gonna hit you in the head like a shot. Look at your father. I want you turn around your bed. I won't look you didn'ty I, And I want to know did you you deliver the Venus sausages? I want you to lie to me. I know if you're lying. Did you deliver the viennas?
Speaker 9: Because if you didn't, Frank, there's gonna be an awful lot a back of crackers by water moon by or oat mail bi extremes unwillingly.
Speaker 3: Because I'm gonna tell you right now, if you do not deliver the viennas, then I cannot bark the car in the garage and I won't kill you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 3: I need to bark the car in the garage those without regard to any such registration. Oh no, I did. I was reading something about deliverance. Where's the delivering thing? The covenants are at that bottom of product is not considered to be work made for hire wrestler agrees to execute and delivered w W any transfers, assignments, documents, or other instruments which you may deem necessary or appropriate from time to time to best to vest, to vest, is that what that is? What page are you on? I'm on five five lines from from the bottom.
Speaker 7: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from time to time. To vest complete?
Speaker 7: Yeah, vest is to like give someone something, to give it over to them. Okay, I vest in you the power, the power vested in me.
Speaker 3: Vest complete title and ownership of any work product and ill associated intellectual property and other riots exclusively in w c W.
Speaker 7: Now when they say they want a VEST complete title, does that mean that this my black leather vest.
Speaker 3: Now we're talking when you when you say vest complete title, dos that mean that I get the entire title belt leather vest including you want my vest?
Speaker 8: Is it it?
Speaker 3: I need? I need the language to be ironed out here.
Speaker 7: I also need my vest to be ironed out here.
Speaker 3: I also need my dry cleaning ironed. I need my underwear ironed.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. That said, like the company shall arrange for hotel air transportation, first class air, and laundry services.
Speaker 3: Specifically, I like my underwear.
Speaker 7: Are guys, we don't want this guy wandering the hallways of his hotel looking for a water dryer.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's still have no problem walking around hotels with my with no pants. Clearly a right, my fucking cock dangling out looking for someone to iron my fucking shorts.
Speaker 7: Where's my cut? Part of the pun?
Speaker 3: Uh if such work products is not considered to be a work made for her wrestler hereby signs of WW for one dollar in hand and other good and valuable considerational riots, title and interest in into the copyright thereof, and all renews and extensions thereof that may be secured under the laws of any country now or hereafter enforce and effect.
Speaker 15: Now, guys, I'm going to talk about a contract term wrestler. Here about a sign to WCW for one dollar in hand, another good infallible consideration, all rights, title, and interest. Instead of SID assigning all those rights WW for one dollar, can we change the one dollar to two hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 3: Dollars I like to have here, he s, a WW offers me two hundred and fifty million dollars each month.
Speaker 7: He crosses out the one dollar and writes two hundred and fifty million above it, to see if they'll accept per month. That's a way to sneak the biggest slug of the contract in there.
Speaker 3: You imagine they fucking signed that, didn't even fucking read it over. Yeah, sure, say whatever you say initial hear pal in an other good and valuable consideration, all rights, title, and interest into the copyright thereof, and all the news I say, I read that already they're able to work. Disagreement number five. Compliance with Laws, rules and Regulations. A wrests agrees to comply with all applicable policies, rules, procedures, and regulations adopted from time to time. Now, we don't necessarily all have rules all the time, but from time to time we do rules and policies.
Speaker 10: Colonel Parker, right this, I said, Well, don't always have rules all the time, but sometimes we adopt them, rules and procedures from time to time.
Speaker 2: Well, time and time.
Speaker 10: It's not all the time, it's from time to time I fuck it.
Speaker 2: I gotta take a ship.
Speaker 7: I fuck it. He said, I fuck it? Oh you do? Huh?
Speaker 2: All right? You know ship? Sometimes my balls just hanging out. I asked my dad. I said, Dad, why to have my balls out?
Speaker 7: I saw that war games too, Rob. I asked my dad, I said, Dad, why are my balls hanging out?
Speaker 2: He looked me with a funny face and just burnt and said.
Speaker 7: Fuck it. So my daddy said, right, I'll see he was he was trimming his beard.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: She's out there with decisions, just trimming his damn bead, is it?
Speaker 4: And Rob?
Speaker 3: And he's trimming his beard?
Speaker 10: And Rob, just put your fucking balls back in your paint his balls or I'm gonna cut him off with decisions.
Speaker 7: Not the rest of the balls. That is funny, Like someone a guy like his zippers opened, his flies open and his balls were hanging out, but not his dick. That's a sight to behold, just like.
Speaker 2: The same way as you goddamn car.
Speaker 7: Just his balls resting on Khaki.
Speaker 3: It's like this fucking like fucking fell out of it like somehow, so they just fell out of the fucking zipper.
Speaker 7: The bottom falls out. Excuse me, sir, what are those? Those are my nuts, ma'am.
Speaker 3: Those balls are as smooth as.
Speaker 5: He sent my church a case of being sausages, and I sent him an autograph picture.
Speaker 7: Fucking fucking watch don't know? Don't you dare not in the sid tribute. I don't have the capacity.
Speaker 2: What's good?
Speaker 7: Bos?
Speaker 9: What's good?
Speaker 16: Bitch?
Speaker 7: What's wrong with It's a great question, rogers? What's wrong with Roger?
Speaker 8: What's wrong with pussy? Milton read?
Speaker 7: Oh, Milton read is what's wrong with a little?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? What did he say?
Speaker 7: Milton read like that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's the greatest thing, Milton Milton read.
Speaker 7: That's what you're missing under the cinemat folks, that's the great Roger Moore, one of the great double oh seven's.
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 8: What's wrong with pussy crock? That is?
Speaker 7: That is a problematic byproduct? That's true.
Speaker 3: Okay, alright, alright, okay, okay.
Speaker 7: Your dumb foot? Who is that freaking cheek?
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 17: Picture wrestling fans have been tripping last wrestling fans trick.
Speaker 7: Those balls?
Speaker 4: I wish you.
Speaker 3: Are very good.
Speaker 7: It's like a tapestry.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 7: It's like the Guernica painting. By Picasso. Just Milton, that was very very naughty of you, Bob. I don't think the people are ready for that, I really do. I think they know anything about what that just happened.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Milton read to understand. Like also his voice by that point, you know, as he got older, his voice just somehow got deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper.
Speaker 7: Absolutely it did.
Speaker 3: Oh god? Anyway, Uh what the representations? Yeah, wrestler here about represents and warrens w c w's follows. A wrestler has a full power, authority, ability and legal right.
Speaker 7: To execute who ye, right he do? I get to execute? O Hogan?
Speaker 3: What Michaels, Sam Michaels, Big Daddy code Diesel say, those are w W guys.
Speaker 8: You know we don't we don't.
Speaker 3: You know we've got national Hogan here, but you're not Diesel.
Speaker 7: Why are you looking at me, Harvey Schiller?
Speaker 3: Is it because I'm not a big movie star?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Ship like the Hulk Hogan, the immortal one himself.
Speaker 7: That would have been a coo to bring in Jack Toney to w CW. Imagine him walking out of Nitro and like overruling Arth Bishop a riot.
Speaker 3: Thank you Eric, that's that's Jack Toney, s Shavanni. I know, I know he'd make the biggest deal out of it fans, one of the more god fans.
Speaker 7: He died in twenty oh four. He's available. Did anybody ever make a play for Jack Towney. I can picture Russa Russo wanted to bring him in just to like cover him in dog shit or something.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, he would have done that. I would have loved that.
Speaker 7: I think that's the missing piece. When ben Wan won the title in ninety nine and at w W Mayhem, they should have had him with Jack Toney. He's his manager.
Speaker 3: I think he just said they're like half asleep, not knowing where the fuck he is. And they put a rocking chair at ringside, just like that Tuesday in Texas, right, you know, they put out the chair for him so he can watch it gets fucking knocked over the.
Speaker 7: Ah instead of instead of like Sting descending from the rafters, Jack Toney descends.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine all of a sudden and he comes out as fast as as Sting would, His arms just fucking like he looks like a corpse. Honestly, you know, his arm's just fucking dangling.
Speaker 7: It's funny. I called an audible there. I wasn't going to say Jack Tundy descends, but then I realized it was pretty funny. But what I was gonna say is, instead of singing, they put a tuna steak on the on the cable and they descend it down onto Tony's.
Speaker 3: Face as he lays on the on the mat in the ring. You know, a thought, and he sells it like an octopus. Is like bothering him. Just imagine that old man writhing on the floor with a fucking piece of meat. Weish meat on his face.
Speaker 7: Thinking of about Jack Tunny like we really don't other situations.
Speaker 3: You know, he really deserved more than he got.
Speaker 7: He did, absolutely he did.
Speaker 3: Like he he he could have been such an asset to w CW and is whenever he winded, he he left in like ninety five. Oh my god, you imagine if he fucking jumped ship.
Speaker 7: That's been so funny.
Speaker 3: I'm if he fucking became like n w O.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's like them straight, like the corrupt lawyer for them for life. My god, that's been great, I think.
Speaker 3: And so to see him wearing like to see him wearing the same gray slacks, but with a with a fucking nWo T shirt.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, boss, you're fucking electrifying.
Speaker 3: Me, and like in like sunglasses and a leather jacket.
Speaker 7: Back then, you heard about every making a play for everybody. They would have taken anybody from WWF just to fuck with Vince.
Speaker 3: Ah, that would have been tremendous. See him just completely like get out of context. Yeah yeah. Oh. To execute and deliver this agreement and to perform his obligations here under, including to utilize the names sid Vicious in connection here with B Wrestler has all legal rights, power and authority and ability to convey the work product WCW. This agreement constitutes illegal, valid, and lawfully behind an obligation of Wrestler, and it's enforceable in accordance with its terms. The execution, delivery, and performance this agreement have been consented to and authorized by all individuals or entities required to consent to or authorize the same, will not contravene any law, regulation, judgment, or decree applicable to Wrestler, and will not cause or result in a breach of or default under any other agreement, contract or understanding to each wrestler is a party. There are no pending claims my kind of party. Yes, there are no pending claims or litigation which would or might interfere with the performance of wrestler's obligations or the enjoyment of I'm not here for people's enjoyment. I'm not here for you enjoy Why are you making me enjoy people?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: That is the question. Well, good thing had cleared up the arn and some lawsuit by then, because that would be a problematic clause for.
Speaker 3: Him, I would imagine, So, I would imagine. So it's absurd. Negations disagree. Wrestlers not currently using enduring the term disagreement shall not use any illegal drugs, steroids, or other substances prohibited by WSW.
Speaker 7: It is in the contract. It is prohibited from using steroids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure that really stopped.
Speaker 7: Where's the enforcement provision on that one?
Speaker 1: The la fan wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy, it's the Lampsed Fan. He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and carn.
Speaker 3: J And where's uh, Yeah, who enforces that on Randy Savage?
Speaker 7: Right? By the way, this contract you probably got that that sentence ex sized entire roe.
Speaker 3: I wanna tell you something I don't want telling you right, No, I'm not gonna do that one. Let's have that one. You know what, Let's just say, you know what, let's just say we turned a blind eye, right, and we're gonna remove that one.
Speaker 7: Plan using steroids. Yeah, I told you I didn't.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm not planning to use the steroids. I'm not gonna not do steroids. We just want to kind of keep that last one.
Speaker 8: What.
Speaker 3: I just went around did the business. I did the thing, getting it, doing one, two, three, up and down and all around.
Speaker 7: Think you just said I just went around and did the business. It was like it took a ship to me. And he says, like, I don't plan on using steroids. So I don't know why there's a line in my contract saying I won't do it. I don't plan on doing it.
Speaker 3: I don't plan on doing it. I'm not saying that I'm gonna do it. I'm not saying I'm not gonna do it. I just can tell you right now, on top of things, if we're talking about where we're seeing to eye right now, I'm not gonna do it. I don't plan on doing it, so why do we have it in the contract? You know, nothing to worry about me. I've been there, I've done it. I've gone round and round before, I've gone up and down the mountain. I've gone up and down the staircase. I've seen things with one eye. I've seen other things with the I've done.
Speaker 7: No well sees things with one eye. Jr.
Speaker 3: I mean Captain Jim Ross to be the pirate?
Speaker 7: I mean I don't want to be. I don't want to be a stickler for this. But are we just gonna list What shouldn't the contract just listings I'm going to do?
Speaker 3: Why shouldn't I just don't understand. I'm sitting here wondering exactly what we're trying to get a hold of.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna do steroids, and it's an ineur SYSM do stearis. There's a lot of things I'm not gonna do. Do we have to enumerate every one of them in the contract? Why does the contract have to say what I'm doing?
Speaker 3: A right? No, I'm not gonna do the j O Beata Hooven do Guerrera put that in there? Everybody putting mad in the contract, seeing establish'll not do a job. But I ain't planning to lose that fucking freak.
Speaker 7: God, just like I ain't planning on doing steroids.
Speaker 3: I'm not planning on doing steroids. I don't intend to do steroids. I think what we gotta do, what we should plan on, is take that part of the contract out a commission. Bingo, you nailed it.
Speaker 7: Feel proud of yourself. You landed the plane.
Speaker 12: Oh god.
Speaker 3: Uh. Wrestler agrees indemnify, defend, and hold harmless wsw IS directors, officers, shareholders, and their respective agents, officers and employees against any and all suits, Damages, expenses, including without limitation, court costs, attorneys fees, out lookable.
Speaker 7: Like that word.
Speaker 3: Right the way he says it, out lookable, costs of in house counsel, losses. I don't plan on losing. In fact, I intend I have an undefeated streak. That's my plan. Liabilities.
Speaker 7: Ask your question, but do you really have to tell a wrestler to hold harmless?
Speaker 3: It's that kind of the whole point. Well, it depends on who you are. It was was sitting known for holding harmless, not if your shirt jobs. That's true, That is true, harmless losss, liabilities and claims of any kind caused by or resulting from any breach, disagreement, or by any other act or omission of wrestler, whether the same may be the result of negligence, willful act, responsibility under strict liability standards, any other substandard conduct, or otherwise. Wrestler shall at all times be responsible for any loss or damage to any WCW property by wrestler or while in the possession of wrestler, unless said damage occurs at the time direct instruction of WCW as part of a storyline.
Speaker 7: It's pretty funny that to put that in there, the lass.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious, Like, okay, I guess, I mean, I don't know. There are other ways that do you really need to say that?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 7: You have to stipulate that we're not going to come after you for breaking a car if we direct it or break the car.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe maybe it is for his protection, but still that's fucking lame if you ask me. But whatever the loss or damage here, there too shall be restored at wrestler's expense term termination incapacity, unless sooner terminated in accordance with the provisions of this agreement. The term of this agreement shall be as described in Exhibit A attached here to and incorporated here in by reference. You read that. Yeah, the terminus agreement shall be divided into consecutive one year periods. During any such period, WSHW may terminate this agreement with or without cause, but after giving wrestler at least three months prior written notice.
Speaker 7: Is that normal notice?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Ninety days?
Speaker 3: Yep, you get so, we're gonna fire you in ninety days, even if it does something really bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: It seems weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, get your affairs in order. That seems so fucking weird to me. Whatever, I guess.
Speaker 3: Where was I? Wrestler may terminate this agreement upon the occurrence of any material breach of any provision here up by WSW which remains uncured for a period of fifteen consecutive days after wrestlers provide WSW with written notice of the breach. W CW may immediately terminate this agreement upon the occurrence or at any time during the continuation of any material breach of any provision wrestler. Any provision hereo by wrestler. Okay, so that's if he does a breach, so he has to give them fifteen days to fix it and they interminate him at them at the moment for a breach contract.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I guess there's a different term for breach versus just we want to.
Speaker 3: Get rid of you Jesus Christ. I mean, hey, whatever, but like that's wow, that's intense. That's intense. So I'll just say that that is intense. Wrestler may terminate this agreement or suspend wrestler or ww rather w CWY may terminate this agreement or suspend wrestler without pay for good calls by written notice setting forth the reason for such termination or suspension for the purpose is disagree WWWWW now have good cause for termination of wrestler's agreement or suspension without pay if wrestler is convicted of, or please guilty to, any felony or a crime involving theft, fraud, or moral turpetua.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: Interesting what that they well that they have grounds to terminate the deal.
Speaker 3: If you get.
Speaker 7: You gain trouble. Outside of the wrestling organizations, there certainly a lot of guys Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero that had brushes with the law when they were under WSW contract, and they certainly didn't get rid of them, but they had grounds too. If this is boilerplate, that's wild and it's a felony or a crime involving theft fraud, so those could be misdemeanors too that are covered. What that wouldn't cover a crime involving theft, fraud or moral Yeah, I guess jaywalking. Well yeah, okay, right, that's funny. Actually, yeah, like there's very little not covered there, but that's one pass to mind j.
Speaker 3: That would be absolute hilarious. If wrestler intentionally violates any law, rule, regulation, or order of any governmental authority, thereby exposing ww IS, parent subsidiaries, or any affiliatedity of the WCWT potential civil or criminal penalties. If wrestler fails adequately or completely perform any of his duties or obligations here under, whether express or implied. If wrestler fails to follow the direction ww's officers. If wrestler engages and conduct or activities involved in moral turpitude materially damaging to the business or reputation WCW. If wrestler violates the WCW Substance Abuse Policy. If wrestler otherwise breaches any provision representation of this agreement. If wrestler intentionally misappropriates for his own purpose and benefit and any property of the WCW, its parent subsidiaries, or any affiliated entity of WW, or appropriates appropriates any corporate opportunity of WW, its parent subsidiaries, or any affiliated unity of WCW, wrestler acknowledges that a waiver by WCW of its rights was respect to any provision of this paragraph in one instance, will not be deemed to constitute a waiver of its rights with respect to the same, or a similar breach thereafter.
Speaker 9: I just want to let you know that I'm letting your feazy this time, but this waiver does not constitute a waiver of all rights with respect of the same.
Speaker 3: I just want let you know something.
Speaker 7: This is not a waiver of my right of obligation, right bingo.
Speaker 8: Or lack thereof?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, clearly, this agreement shall terminate automatically upon my death.
Speaker 7: You can finish it started.
Speaker 3: Agreement shall terminate automatically upon the death of wrestler brother.
Speaker 8: What do you.
Speaker 3: Mean, death of wrestler brother?
Speaker 8: What do you.
Speaker 7: What's that in there? Did that go without song? Why does that have to be in black?
Speaker 3: And why are you talking about? I mean, what are you implying, dude?
Speaker 7: Shouldn't there be more in there about like what happens if someone else, if someone's found guilty of that death or me?
Speaker 8: What do you.
Speaker 3: On the front do you try to say?
Speaker 7: If you want to get out of this contract with Hulk Hogan, you have the incentive to kill him?
Speaker 3: Brother? Are you Are you saying you can kill Hulk Hogan? Right?
Speaker 7: Are you saying that you give the authority to kill Hulk Hogan? I don't know why else that contract clause would be in there, brother.
Speaker 3: I Brother, I feel like I'm getting well, you know what, dude, I just h Terry. I I just want to get it on the same page. Brother, it's all masking, Dude, I want you know dollar in.
Speaker 7: You don't say you don't say Terry uh he wants to dial it in ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 8: M and just.
Speaker 3: You're back on track, dude. I'm just feeling a little.
Speaker 7: Says death And you can understand, brother, I get a little wide eyed at that.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm call it like you know, we're talking about why I'm a white glide?
Speaker 7: Brother coming at me wide open? Is what you're doing?
Speaker 3: Why didn't say that?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 7: I mean, you know Rex flaor brother? He comes at you wide open? B What does that even mean? Ogan? What is that even?
Speaker 8: Where?
Speaker 3: I just wonder where were coming from.
Speaker 7: And coming from behind? Ooh, pull up, like to pull up to hulk, like gassing up at at a gas station.
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 7: Sure, I'm looking for directions? Time to get back on the turn pike. Where He goes, where are you coming from from behind?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 3: What are you from from behind?
Speaker 7: What do you turn around? You've been talking to you? Dude looks around like who's giving you? He looks it, looks at his eleven o'clock is six o'clock is four o'clock. He's looking everywhere around.
Speaker 3: Are you getting a push?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: Shock the easy brother to shock. A Bischoff.
Speaker 7: Truck is stuck in a snow bank. Everyone's in there trying to push it out. He goes, you're giving push? Is this a push in the making?
Speaker 3: Brother? Can you give me a push?
Speaker 7: What I need to?
Speaker 3: Might?
Speaker 7: Give me a push?
Speaker 3: Sir? Yeah, we're good. What I want to tell you right now, dude? Do you mind giving you a push for that? I don't know what your credentials are.
Speaker 7: Come at me like wide open like that. What do you expect me to say? Cross? Can you give me a push? Guys, now you've asked if.
Speaker 3: You can have a push. Hey, I'm gonna stuck over here? Can you give me a push?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 7: Before his horse?
Speaker 3: We're talking about I mean, we're talking about that. We're putting the kids before his brother.
Speaker 7: His word for horse.
Speaker 3: His it's word for card kids.
Speaker 7: Choosy mom's choose kids.
Speaker 3: And we're putting you. You know, I feel like you're putting the kids before that his dude, me too. Actually, uh so you say you're stuck, brother, we've all been kind of in a rut, Dude. I've I've been kind of in that little thing. You kind of get to that, you'll get over that next obstacle. Brother. But you're saying, I'm gonna I'm stuck right now due to my career and where I am in the ring. Brother, And so I'm gonna go out to Hulk Hogan kind of like butter him up a little bit, brother, and I'm gonna ask for a push, dude, get his title, brother, get his torch, dude, and take Dubble's show to that next level.
Speaker 7: He says, take w'sw to that next list, Like that's like that's a paranoid thing to say, Like that's gonna be afraid of if he's gonna do it that next he just speaks of these vagaries for the rest of his time on earthuntil he's in the ground. Dial it in.
Speaker 3: This thing's on.
Speaker 7: None of it is ever true, you know, just.
Speaker 3: Bizarre, bizarre paranoia about random ship that like nobody cares about. People are just trying to live their normal.
Speaker 7: I mean steal. This agreement shall terminate automatically upon the death of wrestler and he's slammed on the brakes.
Speaker 3: WHOA, I gotta f up with gas, dude?
Speaker 4: Whoa whoa?
Speaker 3: Whoa dude?
Speaker 4: Whoa whoa?
Speaker 3: Brother? Whoa Let's just slow this thing down, to slow the machine down?
Speaker 9: Brother?
Speaker 3: What's the diz and death of wrestler?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 7: The death of a salesman?
Speaker 3: Dude? Who's are we talking?
Speaker 7: Always a promising preamble?
Speaker 3: Are we talking?
Speaker 7: It's good?
Speaker 3: That's good?
Speaker 7: What's next? The following shell govern.
Speaker 3: Are we talking Arthur Miller? Dude? A death of a what we're talking Arthur the cat Miller. Are we talking another cat, dude?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 7: Exactly how many cats were we talking about? We already have one Miller brother, I means.
Speaker 3: We got one Miller dude, we've got two cats. We got what I won't always say what's going on?
Speaker 7: Sext Dennis Miller brother?
Speaker 8: What see?
Speaker 7: Okay, I think it's taken us ten years, but this is it. This is the heart of it, is that Halt is always reacting to the thing you say while he was talking. See, he's in the middle of like an exposition, and you say something, and it's like he's he's he's afraid he missed what you just mumbled.
Speaker 3: Thinking about like this, He's already on a detour, right, okay, like he was going he was going down his normal path and he's already on like two or three detours, and he's trying to just navigate this this last detour, and all of a sudden you put in another fucking detour.
Speaker 7: Exactly what like, now I have to incorporate that it's insanity.
Speaker 3: Oh my good, out of town?
Speaker 7: The capacity do you think I have?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 7: Like, did you say something else?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about another threat? Dude? Exactly? For this purpose show uh. The following shall govern in the event of incapacity of wrestler, oh boy, for the purposes disagreement. Incapacity shall be defined as wrestler's inability to perform all the physical requirements of the services as determined by I'm telling you right now, I can get my cock up, all right, we're tucking the mutual man. Mutual men can't get it hold on the daily face.
Speaker 9: The fuck.
Speaker 7: Not sure. Only macho men get hard on a daily basis, with like his shades on.
Speaker 3: The with the thing in the hand like the ring finger and a pointer finger, and the thumb on the glasses.
Speaker 7: Landy's got the TV above his bed to prove otherwise, this fucking twelve inch dong.
Speaker 3: What okay, Landio okay? Like Landy is the complete opposite of that, Like he just he he chooses to just lay flaccid forever. All right, Oh my god, that would God imagine kind of like you know, again, here we go, Like I imagine him, He's laying on his bed and it's just kind of like drooping over his fucking legs. All right, I don't care.
Speaker 7: What else you're about to say. We've already found the heart of the matter, it's not flaccid. You think flacid is the most important detail there, right, that that really is what lands the plane. No, the keyword there, I think you can agree, is not flaccid. It's chooses, right, because chooses puts it in this whole other category of almost like a capitulation. Yeah, he's he's he has he's certain fatalism about it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: It's like he knows, he knows it will do him no good to get hard. And so despite the fact that he's hung like a fucking horse, he just chooses not to get it up. Is he chooses to lay flaccid, which I think is just as poetic is we're gonna get on this podcast. Chooses. I mean, that's like, that's like the great ending line of like a short poem. I don't know what the rest says, but the last line of it is and through it all he chooses to lay flaccid after all, you know what I mean, in light or in spite of it all, rest in peace.
Speaker 3: That's straight. All three of them.
Speaker 7: Ship that's true. That's actually true?
Speaker 3: All right? How does that feel? Not great?
Speaker 8: Not at all?
Speaker 3: They talked about what episode Wasn't that they talked about Lanny Lanny Lane choosing to lay flaccid. That was the SID contract episode.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this one's gonna be one where there's a lot of Easter eggs.
Speaker 3: For purpose of this agreement, incapacity shall be defined as wrestlers inability to perform all the physical requirements of the services as determined by w CW. WCW may, at its option and expense, require wrestler to be evaluated by physicians selected by w CW for purposes of determination of incapacity. Wow, well, now you know, we just want to determine exactly how in capacitory you.
Speaker 7: I wonder why that clause would have to be in sid's contract.
Speaker 3: See, we just wondering exactly what is incapacitating about you?
Speaker 7: Because we've heard that, uh, you're good at manufacturing incapacity.
Speaker 3: We understand that you have had some, uh some fraudulent incapacities in the past.
Speaker 7: Understanding you've even gone back to your hotel when you thought you're having a heart attack, for instance.
Speaker 3: We understand that you've even you know, you went, you know, you went back to a hotel and had yourself you know, you went by the hotel. If you're having a heart attack and had a burger right and and and a raw stake.
Speaker 7: Second one.
Speaker 3: I don't get, but.
Speaker 7: This is going to be important because not only does said snap his leg at sin, he claims that he was basically forced to do it. And maybe some of these contractual terms explain the basis for.
Speaker 3: The month to you right now, I'm not normally obligated to fulfilled contractual obligations by nuntil you right now. I was forced. I was forced to jump against my will, and I was forced to break my leg against my will.
Speaker 7: Correct, I did not.
Speaker 3: I did not allow somebody to break my leg. Somebody forced it upon me. I'll force my broken leg up your ass. In the event of capacity, wrestler shall continue to receive his filled compensation.
Speaker 7: Well, forget it, so much for discouraging him from manufacturing a reason and incompaciated for.
Speaker 3: First community of thirty counter days of incapacity for contract year and the agreement that show remained in full force. All right, So just thirty days of pay so he gets through, Okay, okay. If wrestler remains incapacitated after the initial initial thirty day incapacity period, whether consecutive or not, wswshow have the option at any point during which wrestler thereafter remains incapacity to terminate this agreement without further obligation.
Speaker 7: Sounds like what the Huff Houston fires Steve Boston.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, unless and until wswshall exercise such right to terminate this agreement on the basis of incapacity, wswsholla continue to pay wrestler on this agreement at the rate of one third of the compensation otherwise payable here under or B utilized wrestler for non wrestling services, and pay wrestler at the rate of one half of the competation otherwise payable here under. Wrestler's ability to perform non wrestling services shall be determined by ww while wrestlers being paid pursuant to for A or B all other terms, this agreement shall remain in full force.
Speaker 7: So there it is thirty days full pay, and then after that, if you're still incapacitated, and if WCW does not exercise it's right to terminate the agreement, he's going to get thirty three and a third of the compensation otherwise.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well there you go. H Wait, No, five, yeah, five? Any reduction in compensation pursuing this section shall cease upon the earlier of a determination that wrestlers again able to perform all the physical requirements of the services. B the expirationist agreement or c the termination disagreement by w CW as provided for Herein H, wrestler acknowledges his president eligibility for workers compensation through WW workers Compensation.
Speaker 7: Well, I thought that was the rest of the contract.
Speaker 3: Yeah, For so long as WW maintains workers compensation coverage, wrestler agrees to accept the benefits provided by said workers compensation coverage, as is so an exclusive remedy against WCW, including his parent, affiliates, employees, and agents, for any and all injuries sustained during the term provided said coverage is maintained by w CW, and is an effect with respect to such injury. Notwithstanding any anything here into the contrary, WW shall not be obligated Y to maintain workers' compensation coverage.
Speaker 7: WCWS shall not be obligated said, I.
Speaker 3: Don't believe that I'm not obligated to not obligate.
Speaker 7: Right, I'm not obligated to knowledge obligation.
Speaker 3: I'm not obligated to disobligate exactly. Obligation exactly.
Speaker 7: And this would be hyper relevant for sid here as you can imagine sure warfare comp stuff.
Speaker 3: Number nine restrictive covenance A confidentiality. Confidential information shall mean any confidential, proprietary business information or data belonging to or pertaining to WCW that does not constitute a trade secret as define unapplicable law, and that is not generally known by or available through legal means to the public. In recognition of ww's need to protect its legitimate business interests.
Speaker 7: Legitimate business interests really where those it has a legitimate business I may be h have ready to rumble since I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wrestler here by covenants and agree he's a wrestler, shall not, unless specifically directed by WCW, for any reason or any fashion, either directly or indirectly, use this close, transfer a sign, disseminate, reproduce, copy, or otherwise communicate any confidential information at all times during his contractual relationship with WCW and for a period of one year following the termination thereof, for any reason, and trade secrets at all times. Such information remains a trade secret under applicable.
Speaker 7: Laws pretty well during the he's free to talk about confidential information after a year, right, know why they wouldn't just.
Speaker 3: I know, I guess you can't.
Speaker 7: But why one year? I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I know that doesn't make much sense at all.
Speaker 7: In a year he gets terminated in a year after he can just talk about everything, Like, why can't you just talk about it right away? Who goes a fuck about that year he's gone.
Speaker 3: I know it's weird because they get a chance to, like, I don't know, re reorganize it or whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, maybe they can take that time to come to some other agreement with him, I don't know, and not be worried the whole time that he's going to go chirping about something he got screwed over on. It's like, let us give us a year to make it right before you're you're allowed to tell everybody about it.
Speaker 3: It's just weird. Uh Where was I there?
Speaker 7: Bottom of page ten. During the term wrestler shall oh yeah.
Speaker 3: During the term, wrestler shall exercise his best efforts to ensure the continued confidentiality of all trade secrets and confidential information WW known by disclosed to or made available to Wrestler, whether in connection with his agreement or any other past or present relationship with w CW immediately notified WHW of any unauthorized disclosure or use of any trade secrets or confidential information of which Wrestler becomes aware. And it's just w W G the extent necessary in the in the procurement of, of of of or any protection of w w's rights to or in any other trade secrets or confidential information, and compete. Here we go. Non competition during the term and within the territory of this agreement. Brother territory? Dude? Is this company in what we're talking about? What do we was before? Are we talking to Georgia territory? This agreement? I mean it's Atlanta, brother, But are we what do we m whose territory?
Speaker 8: I mean?
Speaker 3: More importantly, dude, Who's territory?
Speaker 7: More importantly, Yes, of course, more importantly.
Speaker 3: During a ternment within the territory disagreement, Wrestler shall perform the services exclusively for WW, and shall not directly or indirectly be employed by, performed services for, or engage or be connected in any manner with any other businesses in business entity without the express written consent of WCW.
Speaker 1: It's the Lapan Wrestling Podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan. He's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling podcast with Jack and SEO and.
Speaker 3: J Wrestler expressly covenants and agrees that, for a period of one hundred and twenty days after any termination or expiration disagreement for any reason the non compete period, he shall not provide those services specifically delegated in Sections one A, one and two to any other individual, company or business in the United States, Canada, and Japan. In addition, during the non compete so we could do it in Europe, that's right, fine, Yes, he could go to Mexico, no problem, Very interesting. Yeah. In addition, during the non compete period, Wrestler shall not appear or perform in any media, including, but not permitted to broadcast, pay per viewing, cable television, video replay, telephone, hotline, radio, magazine, internet, in any manner or capacity relating to wrestling or any other related professional entertainment or athletic event. For on behalf Top in sports.
Speaker 7: Well, that's any other related professional entertainment athletic event that's to cover the WBF lex luger loophole.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, what if we make a movie we want sit in it? And why did that?
Speaker 7: It's non compete, don compete. Pal just says he can perform in our wrestling.
Speaker 3: Ring, because't you know that's what it is, a gang bornant wrestling ring. But I wanted to be in a movie, an entertainment vehicle, WBF the movie. We're not talking about an entertainment We're talking about entertainment vehicle. Vehicle four. It's a different matter.
Speaker 7: The formula one stuff.
Speaker 3: You mean, I believe there is no formula to the best entertainment possible. How about there is a formula Formula one, Formula two, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: How about WBF the movie. I mean, that's what.
Speaker 3: About World Bodybuilding Entertainment, the motion.
Speaker 7: Picture featuring Ye Stratum.
Speaker 3: Ye, what if we have Sid and Gary Stretham posed down for entertainment purposes?
Speaker 7: That'd have been another coup, bringing Jack Tunny and bringing Gary Stridum.
Speaker 3: Thank god it Do you imagine if fucking Gary stridem fucking Nitro that would be wow, oh my god, fucking oath such a dufus. I think Ton of Sports Incorporated or HHD corporation's ECW in the United States, Canada and Japan, or or for broadcasts they're in so they could do it in Mexico.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I mean I guess that that's, uh, that's a carve out so that they could still make some money for one hundred and twenty days. It might be hard to might be hard to actually exclude someone from working anywhere for one hundred twenty days. I get the sense that wings non completes, non competes do cover that like anywhere in the world. But yeah, yeah, I don't know. You think you'd have to limit that a little bit to pass legal muscle.
Speaker 3: Now, like you like, you know, this is their job, this is what they do to make money. You can't really exactly, and you don't want them deny them. You got rid of them, right exactly, So what are you worried about.
Speaker 7: It's interesting that ECW and WWF are mentioned. I don't think it was understood that. I know, WWE's contracts said UFC for it was always like they said UFC wasn't competition. Yet in their own contracts they would say you couldn't fight in UFC, you can't fight legitimately, there's nothing to hear about, mma. So Sid could have gone and fought in the cage if we wanted.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, can you imagine how we would how we were broken in half in like five seconds. Like you think about how easily his legs shattered. Yeah, yeah, they would imagine his fucking getting one punch by anybody.
Speaker 7: He wouldn't be able to face anybody again after that because he never he told himself he was in great shape and that he was actually a fighter.
Speaker 3: No, you know, you know, damn well he is. Just his bones are just brittle, all right, you know that, Like you know, you know when you break you know, you break a twig, yes, and you know how hard it is to break a twig when it's when it's still like the the bark on the inside is still is still green. No, no, no, this is like a twig that's been on the ground for like two years, completely dried out.
Speaker 7: Let's go, boss.
Speaker 3: That's that is the like I imagine, the color of Sid's bones are just like they're just brown because they're just ready to fucking fall apart. Wow, at any moment. His his bone structure is a house of cards.
Speaker 7: Oh, speaking of a house of cards, look how long they can extend the non compete period.
Speaker 3: Two Oh, here we go. Wrestler acknowledges that the non compete shall be increased to six months in the event this this agreement is terminated for good cause pursuing to paragraph eight. D Wow.
Speaker 7: So if you do something to fuck up and they can fire you for good cause as supposed to just because they don't want you anymore for budget cuts, they can ice you for six months.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous. Yeah. See acknowledgment of reasonableness.
Speaker 7: That goes without saying. But I guess you got to bury it in the contract somewhere.
Speaker 3: Apparently the party's express acknowledged reasonableness and content of the covenants and Agreements containing this section ten Notices. All notices and statements provided for or required by this Agreement shall be in riding and shall be delivered personally to the other designated party or mailed by certified or registered mail return receipt requested or deposited with recognized National Overweight Courier Service Overnight Overweight Overweight Overweight notices shall be deemed effective on the earlier on the earlier of when hand delivered, when deposited with a recognized national overnight courier service, or when received by mail. So wait a minute, it's effective on either when it's hand delivered or when deposited, or when received by mail. So when is it? When? Is it effective any number of times? I mean it's like can be effective any time, and it also is never effective right miscellaneous. A. This agreement and the document's reference here and contain the entire agreement and understanding, and it shall supersede all prior agreements or understandings concerning the subject matter hereof between the parties here too. No waiver, termination, or discharge this agreement, or any of the terms or provisions hereof shall be binding upon either party here too, unless confirmed in writing. This agreement may not be modified or amended. Huh may not be modified. This agreement may not be modified or amended except by writing executed by both parties. No waiver by either party of any term or provision of this agreement, or of any default here under show affects such parties rights hereafter hereafter to enforce such term or provision, or to exercise any right or remedy any event of any other default, whether or not similar. B.
Speaker 7: What is this agreement of product of SHID what is this agreement?
Speaker 3: Of product of This agreement is a product of arms length negotiations between Wrestler and w c Wrestler expressly states that he has had the opportunity to seek and obtain consultation in connection with the Negotiation and Executions Agreement, and how he fully understands the rights and obligations set forth here in in the Construction and Interpretations Agreement. Now account shall be taking of which party requested or drafted any particular provision or provisions of this agreement, regardless of the place of execution hereof this agreement. In all amendments here too, shall be deemed who have been negotiated, made entered into, and fully performed in the State of Georgia, without regard to the actual location at which Wrestler provides services a WCW. This agreement shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia applicable to contracts made, entered into, and performed entirety entirely therein, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions. Wrestler and w CW here by submit to the urisdiction of the United States District Court from the Northern District of Georgia, and if any Georgia State Court sitting in Atlanta, for the purposes of all legal proceedings arising out of or relating to disagree.
Speaker 7: So taking a long time to get sid to quote, submit to the jurisdiction of the Old States for sure.
Speaker 3: And irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which it may now or hereafter have to the venue or of any such proceeding which is brought in such a court. Additionally, the parties here to you agree that the state of Georgia shall be the exclusive forum. And I don't know what that says. Sidis sets site cirrus sinus. This is a forum and bullshit for the resolution of any and all disputes, controversies, or matters arising here from and related here too. Wrestler's home base is identified solely for travel purposes, and shall not affect the choice of law, jurisdiction, or venue here under. The parties further agree, notwithstanding the consideration provided for here here in that because of the special, unique, and extraordinary nature of the services here under and of the rights and licenses which are the subject matter of this agreement. WCW shall be entitled to injunctives an other equitable relief to prevent any breach by the or default by wrestlers here under, and such relief shall be without prejudice to any other rights or remedies of WCW as may be provided by law. WSW may here by a sign it's rights and delegate its obligations under this agreement, And if such a signee shall assume wsw's obligations in writing, WCW shall have no further obligations to restless.
Speaker 7: And that would come into the place and they sell the COB.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you right now, I want to put it this way. Wrestler has no obligation whatsoever. You're in here too in any other fashion to w CW.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like the final sentence of sid's contract is, wrestler has no obligation to follow the terms set out above.
Speaker 3: Like some fucking ass clown took the time to write out this whole fucking thing, and at the very bottom they add wrestlers in their obligation to follow any of the rules above.
Speaker 7: Well, hey, you want to get SID signature on the contract. That's what you got to put in there.
Speaker 3: There you go. Wrestler may not assign this agreement in whole or in part without the prior written consent of ww and any attempted assignment not in accordance here with shall be no and void, and of no force or effort or effect. Rather, this agreement shall be binding on a wrestler and his successors, and permitted as sigence. What does that mean? Successors? So we're gonna fucking take this contract on if he what goes away?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it says there that you know he can assign this agreement. Uh, if he has written consent, so he can almost say like here.
Speaker 3: I want to give this contract to Frank exactly exactly yes, and you can follow Frank because he delivers being the sausages to the to the to the cathedral.
Speaker 7: And so if that's where to happen. This clause make sure that the rest of this contract applies to Frank and equal amounts as does SID.
Speaker 3: Nothing here in shall be deemed to obligate WWUS services of wrestler, and w CWS shall have fully discharged obligations here under by paying the amount specified here in.
Speaker 7: Nothing herein shall be deemed to obligate WCW Man. I don't know how we let that one through.
Speaker 3: I know seriously, with respect to ww's rights here under, WW shall have the sole right and discretion to bring any and all claims, including but not limited to infringement or unfair competition claims. The headings contained herein are for the convenience of the parties only, and shall not be interpreted to limit or effect in any way the meaning of the language containing this agreement. This agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original, but all of which together shall constitut this same agreement. Any signature page of any such counterpart, or any electronic facimly thereof, may be attached or appended to any other counterpart to complete a fully executed counterpart of this agreement, and any telecopy or any other fimile transmission of any signature shall be deemed an original and shall bind such party. If any provision of this agreement shall be held void, voidable, invalid, or inoperative, no other provision of this agreement shall be affected as a result thereof, And accordingly, the remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain in full force an effect as though such void, avoidable, invalid, or an operative provision had not been contained here in.
Speaker 7: It's one that I don't know. I don't recall that being in Hogan's contract, and that would been pretty important place. I claim that you invalidate this part, the whole contract goes out the window.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Upon the request ww Wrestler agrees to take any and all actions, including without limitation, the execution of certificates, documents, or instruments, necessary or appropriate, to give effect to the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement. Notwithstanding any termination this agreement, all provisions which, by their terms or reasonable interpretation thereof, sets forth obligations that extend beyond the termination disagreement hereof, shall survive and remain in full force and effect, in witness whereof the parties here too have executed or caused their duly authorized representatives to execute disagreement to be effective on this day and year first written above Raster Sydney r U d WCW.
Speaker 8: WOW.
Speaker 7: So we have our exhibit, and I'll wrap the contract of Jesus in WCW. I think the terms are well laid out now, Boss, I think we have any guess, Oh yeah, Jesus, the rules of engagement and the payment on the line, and what's on the line for Sid, particularly as it regards pay per view appearances. We have a very clear idea of what's in it for Sid making a PPV shot and what do you know? His WCW return would in fact come on a pay per view event, so he's cashing those checks early and often. It's the Great American Bash nineteen ninety nine, one of the worst pay per views in WCW history, Is it really?
Speaker 3: I've never seen it, yep.
Speaker 7: And it's in this context where Sid makes his return World Championship Wrestley.
Speaker 18: Down here Savage Nash, Heavin Nash holding the ribs, pulls down the singlet.
Speaker 4: He's going for the Jack Nag power bomb.
Speaker 16: But a lot of people out with Beth that's what does that kicks the ribs again.
Speaker 7: To do so was one of a lot of gorgeous George Savage's entourage, a lot with Molly Holly as well as Miss Madness.
Speaker 16: George goes down.
Speaker 4: Savage and the doors around Miss Madness up top.
Speaker 3: Savin.
Speaker 16: There's a bit champ its gunner.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, us with sneak guys on, miss man, he's got somebody in the land.
Speaker 4: H my god, look who that is?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, what he's doing here?
Speaker 4: It said decius, you've gotta be kidding.
Speaker 16: Then there's one bad customer right there. Guys that there's.
Speaker 4: One bad, bad man, one bad bad.
Speaker 13: Man, maybe one of the baddest head of nowhere, said Dishes walks in. You're talking about a man who's picks. He's gonna try the power bomb, and then he's already entered.
Speaker 12: He came at and.
Speaker 16: They can't take that.
Speaker 7: Kevin Ash power bombed.
Speaker 3: Jesus.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 16: Oh he's one sick individual. This man is looking looking at him. Oh, yes, he's he's psychonic. That's exactly what he is. He's full blown nuts. And just maybe if I could speckylate, do you think it was this is the the wheel, honey, that's the good one.
Speaker 19: Though now it makes sense, it seems to, but sometimes you get thrown lodging out the window.
Speaker 18: Is he the newest member of Team Savage as it sure looks like it?
Speaker 20: For Version still waiting and defunding w fee wr own herby wait taping of the world.
Speaker 16: Big fe fee.
Speaker 19: The last thing we expected. The most shot e turn events tonight was Sid Vicious.
Speaker 13: The much of a man is the nut case that is one of the most lethal men into wrestling, walks back into WCW helping Randy.
Speaker 19: Savage, further hurting the rints of a man who's still the world heavyweight Champion for Mike Today, Bobby's Green Unit We've seen tomorrow night Trove.
Speaker 16: Have a good night from the Great American.
Speaker 7: Bash Well sids back.
Speaker 3: I remember that, you know, the only reason I remember that pay per view I never saw it. I just remember the it for some reason. I don't know why, But during that during those summers in early college, and I'd go on those those you know, ram pages of video stores to copies as many old wrestling tapes as possible. That one was always for sale. Bash ninety nine they had so many copies, like the three or four copies available at every fucking blockbuster of that show.
Speaker 8: So weird.
Speaker 7: It was weird. They got their home video game up way late too, you know, in their peak, like during anwopeak. Yeah, it wasn't easy to find ww pay per views on vhs. They had like these old ones. You know, it's Spring Stampede ninety four.
Speaker 3: Forever.
Speaker 7: We've talked about this over the years on the show, like best of Sting and like these random VHS releases, but as far as like predictably being able to get every monthly WW pay per view on cassette, it wasn't easy to find in the video stores. Some rentals stores had him, but I remember this this time period, like you could buy him at Suncoast, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right exactly?
Speaker 7: And so uh too little, too late. It's pretty remarkable. You think of the fingerpoke of Doom kicking off nineteen ninety nine and Kevin Nash kind of gifting the world title to Hulk Cogan and the nWo reforming in the Georgia Dome, and just like you know, five months later, Nash's world champion and Hogan's gone. The nwo's dissipated ww' has been totally redesigned. Randy Savage looks like a fucking maniac.
Speaker 3: Oh you I mean, just a complete psychopaths.
Speaker 7: I mean Nash versus Savage in a pay per view main event. Did you hear the reference there on commentary? Perhaps he was the one behind the wheel, did you hear.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, don't.
Speaker 7: That's a reference to No. Have you ever heard about the famous white Hummer angle Austin pretty much the famous white Hummer angle WCW did.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know that one.
Speaker 7: There's just some incident before this pay per view on Nitro where Nash gets into his car and a white hum v comes flying into the frame and smashes into the car, and they played it up like there was going to be some grand mystery of who was driving the white Hummer.
Speaker 3: It's one of the great.
Speaker 7: Loose ends in WCW, one of the great loose ends in the Monday Night Wars as far as the storyline is concerned. Yeah, And they never paid it off. They never got around to saying who was going to be. Bischoff Is subsequently said in his podcast that they never intended it to be like a murder mystery kind of thing, that they just needed some reason for Kevin Nash to come into the pay per view hurt, or for some reason they needed Nash hurt, so they came up with this thing where you know, you were supposed to infer that Randy Savage hired somebody to do this to Kevin Nash. But who the person was wasn't really supposed to be of interest to the audience. But of course this is pro wrestling, and so the who done it is one of the more irresistible storylines for the fight they on. So they made it a thing without wsw realizing or having the foresight to realize it was going to become a thing, and having a plan to deliver on a mystery that actually maybe caught the attention of fans for once. On like most of what they used to do, they had no plan, So it's almost like they were a jury rigging an explanation here in debuting sid on the pay per view. Yeah, I'll say, because you heard Chavanni kind of prevaricate and be like, well, you know, you might have to throw logic out the window. But it stands to reason that syd was behind the wheel now that we see him on the scene here. But he was sure to say that this is no confirmation of such, because of course they had no plan on delivering on the mystery of who it was. But perhaps we're feeling the pressure of not having an answer to that question and the fin interest in it, and maybe thought that that would suffice so kind of an illustrative illusion there made by Tony Shavanni to one of the many botched and goofy things going on at World Championship Wrestling at the time. But there he is, and he power bombs Nash one hundred percent. Man, he gets them up better than he ever did in the WWF ring.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that it's funny how they couldn't do that when it fucking mattered at pay per view that time, right, I know, But the idiot are going to.
Speaker 7: Get another try at it. And as Tony Shivani said at the wrap of the pay per view, we'll see you the next night on Nitro to sort it all out. And indeed we did, as sit in Nash come face to face all these years later.
Speaker 21: When I didn't come out here tonight to talk to macho man, I came out here tonight to talk to you, Sid.
Speaker 16: I don't know where the hell you've been, and I don't really care.
Speaker 22: I know you're in the building, and I watch you tonight for this strap and this root now straps really yes, we.
Speaker 16: Know he's heir toe and he says, tonight, I wanted.
Speaker 22: To be coming behind give me a kick in the face and power Bob, Well, big boy, bring it tonight because I'm here to kick your.
Speaker 16: Asss I think mister Nash is ted serious.
Speaker 22: So Sid even with these sweet sandals on, come on down because I'm ready to give you a good old beating boy.
Speaker 7: Okay, say it again.
Speaker 4: See Nash, I know you're real well.
Speaker 16: I do exactly what button to brush. He looks as if last night I pushed the right.
Speaker 20: Button, my friend, because you have now made the biggest mistake of your life.
Speaker 2: Mistake of your life. You didn't invite the devil down to death.
Speaker 16: Tonight, I will take this in the taste you, my friend.
Speaker 3: To come down and think.
Speaker 4: What is mine?
Speaker 16: And I will start with you tonight and I want to hit with you and so Dash, can you take it all away?
Speaker 7: Can you take it all the way?
Speaker 16: You've been off way more than you can Chew.
Speaker 22: I'll see you here tonight, and I'll tell you one thing big sexy is walking out with the gold.
Speaker 4: That's it tonight. You've got it. It is really odd.
Speaker 18: The world Heavy White Title up programs two of the biggest toughest men in this sport.
Speaker 7: And this being WCW. In nineteen ninety nine, they came out later in the episode, brawled a bit, Sting got involved, clotheslined him over the top of jeans. Sid that is, and it becomes very clear that the WCW had no intention whatsoever of delivering Nash versus Sid on this night.
Speaker 8: Row.
Speaker 3: More importantly to you, though, What'spishoff doing on comment.
Speaker 7: Tear while trying to salvage WCW. This is that really short period of time where he was still kind of pop poking his head out before Russo came in.
Speaker 3: I didn't really know that he was doing that. I didn't know. I mean, listen, I heard him on the fucking I'm a VHS with Hogan on commentary and like, what the fuck is going on here?
Speaker 7: Yeah? He comes back in ninety nine with the white hair, and he does a couple of angles and he tries a couple of things to get Nitro going again. He rejoins the Announced team, perhaps to bring back some of that spark when he was on the Announced team during the you know ww's insurgent days.
Speaker 3: Yes, how can he do that? How does he rationalize that after nWo? Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, he just comes out. He comes out at Springstampede and April after nWo reforms and it has like crosswords with Hull Cogan, and it's supposed to indicate that there's been some tension behind the scenes between the two and that their old alliance has now been fractured. That he's kind of like, okay, that he wasn't really clued into the reformation of the nWo.
Speaker 3: He wasn't in on that.
Speaker 7: I mean they did, they didn't specify too much. He just showed up and hardly said anything because they wanted to transition back into him just being an announcer as opposed to a character, a storyline character and.
Speaker 3: Just eat and then all just seems lame.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And come September, he's getting sent home by by Bill Bush, who brings in well by Harvey Schiller, and then Bill Bush brings in Vince Russo, and then eventually it brings Bischoff back. In April, Brad Siegel does Brad Siegel also involved. I think Brad Siegel took over from Harvey Schiller and then Brad Siegel sent Bischoff home. I think it's how it went in September of nineteen ninety nine. So this is really the last vestiges, the last fumes of Bischoff and that initial WCW run. But yeah, I mean, just so Nitro to do a promo like that at the top of the show, to have Britt Bischoff expressly say that National said, you know, there's buzz about Sid coming into WCWS. I talked about the Nation said we're going to wrestle that night a Nitro for the title. And they get in the ring and just have a brawl and Sting comes and there's the doesn't even ring. There really even is no match.
Speaker 3: I mean you know that. I mean, why are you surprised they did that so often? Right, and they could at least afford it. You should not even I mean especially you should not even have I have thought there was going to be a match. You should have presumed it was going to be a Schmaus.
Speaker 7: Yes, right, And looking more closely at the dates, the Great American Bash where we just heard Sid return was June seventh of nineteen ninety nine, and the contract we just read into the record this June ninth, nineteen ninety nine, so he's not under a valid contract at the time he appeared. Wow, I'm sure that was a retroactive payday for him.
Speaker 3: So if we're uh fifty fifty grand.
Speaker 7: If we're ready, we've hit the point and our journey to turn to the millennium Man WCWVHS release Boss. Let's fucking fire up that Superstar series. Consider this one of the deep dives in our SID tribune, alongside the February seventeenth, nineteen ninety seven Monday Night Raw. This really gets us acquainted with sid's essence during this WCW run, and we open on these marble column things with some footage.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, first of all, this is this is I want to just say, I want to preface. I had no idea what to expect with this fucking thing, and I don't like. We got so many company logos. I was blown away by it. There's the Warner Brothers home video logo, which I expected, Then there's w CW the Spaceship logo, and then there was the Mandalay Pictures one which I was not expecting at all, which is the Tiger uh running in the jungle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's hard to see in a wrestling tape.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm trying to think of who who owns them and why they would have man lay Peter Gouber of all fucking people. Lions Gate owned by Sony.
Speaker 7: Is it Turner Home Entertainment at the time, No, because Peter Gouber was something mighty Bischoff would hunh, Peter Grueber, Goober, is that what it is? Yeah, Peter Goober and someone Bishoff would bring up after w CW folded as someone that was potentially interested in financing a purchase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm sure he was not under man Peter Peter Guber. We talked about Peter Geoberg quite a bit on cinemat He's one of the people who you know, destroyed almost destroyed Sony. But yeah, all this stuff with was Sony. I don't know what the relationship is and why unless they were just unless he convinced them, unless Bischoff was like friends with them and convinced them that to to to produce or put their name on the must have distributed the like that. But it was just a weird That was a weird one for me.
Speaker 7: Andala Entertainment is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, Mandally entertainment. It's looking for any that's yeah, that's Peter Gouber and that's not Again, they have no affiliation with anybody. I mean, what was did did hold on?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Because TVs, there's definitely TBS. Did they had MGM that wasn't necessarily Sony. Yeah, it's a weird connection. Like I'm trying to think of something that would Yeah. Yeah, there's no connection there that, I mean, no superficial connection anyway.
Speaker 7: I think Mandally was involved in the distribution of w CW home videos, perhaps after.
Speaker 3: Turner Home Entertainment.
Speaker 7: To some degree. Someone tells me that they were involved in home video distribution for w STEP.
Speaker 3: Well, they certainly were. Obviously we're definitely seeing that. So there's a connection, but it's it's it's a weird It's what's weird to me is that it's coming from an organization that's got nothing to do with the home base.
Speaker 7: With the home base. Yeah, maybe they I don't know, maybe WW dial Turner Home Entertainment dialed back its VHS distribution function a bit and outsourced it.
Speaker 3: Well, still being they're being distributed by Warner Brothers too, which is the thing I whish they've done before. I've seen that before. I know, Time Warner and all that shit, it all, you know, that all comes into play. But like Mentally, is like on the other fucking side of town interesting in this regards. That's what's weird to me about it.
Speaker 7: I see if I can find anything, because, yeah, Peter Guber was somebody that before the Fusian Media Ventures Group came along as an owner, as a potential buyer WCW and had the purchase in sale agreement. Peter Guber and Mentally Entertainment were talked about as potentially being interested in WW.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just don't believe that for one second.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was that was out there. It wasn't really ever, it wasn't ever really like an exceptionally sourced rumor, but there were some press trade reports. I think it was even as soon as, like god, I want to say the spring of two thousand, even or the summer of two thousand. It was like way before the other buyers came through. Is as confirmed. So it's Mandalay Entertainment, right, you said, Yeah, So what I'm gonna try to do is see if I can find reference to them.
Speaker 3: I just can't see Peter Guber. I mean, I know wrestling was a hot thing and it doesn't really matter what you like you're into, but like, I just can't see Peter Guber being someone who was like, yeah, you know, and I want to fucking buy a wrestling company.
Speaker 7: They were gonna, yeah, They're gonna do it in Vegas. Yeah, all right, let's see television Week July thirtieth, two thousand. Let's see describe our productions were rageous. Okay, Yeah. Working with them on the project is Jason Hervey, who is now a principal partner in the Sports Entertainment division of Mandally Entertainment.
Speaker 3: Ah, there we go, all right, the old That explains a lot, because I know I definitely saw Hervey's name and the end credits of this one.
Speaker 7: Yep, yep, the old pal And here's another reference in electronic metis.
Speaker 3: Now that all makes sense. Okay, So now I can believe that Peter Guber could be convinced by Jason Hervey to buy WCW. Just like but like Eric Bischoff talking to Gouber, I'm just like, I can't think of that. I'm going there as being it, like I don't buy it. But now with Hervey being being involved, that makes sense, got it?
Speaker 7: Okay, we found our missing link.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, here's an article about Peter Guber from Variety, August twenty third, nineteen ninety nine. It's all about Goober and mentally entertainment and deep down in the story, it says, as Gouber discusses plans for a new sporting facility in dayton, a literacy program and a new Prince entertainment relationship with World Championship Wrestling, it grows exhausting just trying to take it all.
Speaker 3: In literacy program.
Speaker 7: Well, ww no, that was like part of a list of things. There's a sporting faciale.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just joking.
Speaker 7: Yes, I could take your shock there. So yes. They open on these marble column things with some footage it says ww Superstar series and it's kind of like a nineteen ninety nine classic death Metal voice showing Sid power bombing everyone, and it just says nineteen ninety nine in the corner for some reason, and then two thousand the millennium man. Yeah, so Sid, Sid has some sit down things to say.
Speaker 3: He said, yeah, I got, I got, I got all these for you.
Speaker 7: Let's hear from the psychotic one.
Speaker 3: This is the this first one.
Speaker 8: I haven't in.
Speaker 3: Three different clips, this first kind of opening bit. But this is how he opens his fucking video.
Speaker 12: To be successful in this business, you have to be able to polish and perfect all fasts, coming from all directions. It either be her, the way you look, where you present yourself, where you do your interviews, the where you project yourself to the crowd. These things all equal one word. It's called credibility. You have credibility. You can't hide it. Promoters can't hide it. The resty fans too smart. They see that. And that's what makes or breaks talent and our business. When you talk about said Vicious all his facets or finally polished, don't.
Speaker 3: You won't be hearing you.
Speaker 8: Won't be here?
Speaker 7: That would be true.
Speaker 8: Then he's the la fan.
Speaker 1: Wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the lapsed fan. He's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling podcast with Jack and Carneo and Jpi Soro.
Speaker 3: I want to say so. He says, Goldberg won't be here anymore, Hogan won't be here anymore, Sting won't be here anymore. Only I will be here anymore.
Speaker 7: Get away with words, didn't he He really did like it? That's true. In two thousand and all three would be gone and he would be there.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's true, it's just the way, you know, it's just his his his language is just oh a treasure.
Speaker 7: Oh, his word choice has always been the fucking greatest thing in the world. And this WCW run is no exception, as we'll get to. But that clip from the August twenty third, ninety nine Nitro, and then they cut to an interview not your good guy, Sid.
Speaker 23: Yeah, here here is a here we go. Here's more Sid a coward person who despises every gutty good guy in this world.
Speaker 8: Sid.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it really has no filling before the things he does, other than maybe the feeling of joy when so maybe I step on someone's face or break your arm, you can enjoy something like that.
Speaker 8: Sit.
Speaker 16: The thing is in a lot of pain.
Speaker 12: The guy you definitely wouldn't want to make meet in some dark alley. The guy really enjoys.
Speaker 8: His opponent now globling, begging.
Speaker 7: Sid, He's just a word, isn't he?
Speaker 8: He really is?
Speaker 7: Is attacking him and Rick Stan attacking Goldberg with a shovel in the back.
Speaker 3: Yep, oh I know.
Speaker 7: Show Charles Robinson, who was like the official designated sign holder to list of the Streak behind Sid when he'd come out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did that relationship suddenly?
Speaker 7: You know, he was almost bullied into doing it. It wasn't like Robinson had like a speaking or managerial role. He was just like forced to walk around with Sid and just tosses. They just toss Goldberg on his head. I couldn't remember this backstage for some reason, he like flips over the dock they were supposed to throw him onto and he lands right in his fucking head on the cement as Goldberg. And they also show him what do they show him doing? They show him carrying someone over his shoulder and driving away in a hummer and some alley, all kinds of crazy shit. And they show him chokes laming Hogan in the Red and Yellow as we get that WrestleMania eight flashback, and he says, to sum it up as short as possible.
Speaker 3: Sid, Oh here I got the sum up for you.
Speaker 8: To sum it up short as possible? Sid enough said, sick enough, sad?
Speaker 3: How about Sid enough? Sid?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 7: Oh shit? Sid apparently not enough said. As it regards to the TLF tribute, yes, or to say so, they took about the seventy five millennium Man and Sid says, ww's my home where I started, and he takes us through a bit of a history lesson boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah he uh.
Speaker 8: He.
Speaker 3: He calls this return his big achievement, and then they show the American Bash thing and whatnot, and then and then I get the next thing I got is savage savage cutting my promo.
Speaker 7: Well hit it a sec. But he talks about how this place is the place for me to finish my career, which of course would be totally true, though not necessarily the way he would choose. And he said, being back in front of ww fans is like being back home where I started and got my first big break. To come back here where I've been best treated, is exciting. We've talked in the past about how those dollars and cents on that contract definitely left said to feel like this was the best place he ever worked. After keeping praise on WWF for putting asses in seats, now he's quite content to play the half empty buildings. Oh of course, who wouldn't be the reasons we just delineated in black and white. And so, as you said, let's go to the June fourteenth, nineteen ninety nine episode of Monday nightro as featured on the Superstar series video cassette, and Randy Savage is in white fur. I regret to inform you.
Speaker 3: And again this is he just he doesn't sound completely like Again, he doesn't sound to me like Brandy Savage. I mean he does a little bit, but not all the way.
Speaker 24: But I need to give heat to every person in this arena, all over the world.
Speaker 2: I'll wake up call right now. Let's from now.
Speaker 8: From big Suxy Kevinness.
Speaker 4: I got one.
Speaker 2: Word for you, come on to me.
Speaker 3: That's two words, actually, man, it actually is.
Speaker 7: You're right about that. It's uh, I didn't think about that, but unbelievably vicious.
Speaker 3: So he just you know again, he just he just he sounds so nasal.
Speaker 7: You got a leather cagong backwards, gassed, ghasted.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean he's got no, he's got no room all right, gorgeous Georgia's so much gas, has no room to breathe.
Speaker 7: And then the Nash promo, even with these sweet sandals on what we just heard, basically yeah, and Sid pops up on the screen and then he's in studio again here on the VHS and has more to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah here, Yeah, he talks about having heat with Nash, which is hilarious.
Speaker 12: People say, you come to the Great American Bash said, he comes straight onto Kevin Nash, looks like you guys have heat. Whatever rumors, blah blah blah. Actually meet Kevin Nash, have a lot of things into common. We're both big, we both have the same powerful finishing move. We have parallels like that in your life, with parallels with someone who's got the same parallels. I think people take for granted that maybe there's an animosity there.
Speaker 8: Whatever.
Speaker 12: I have no animosity towards Ing, no have any great feelings towarding He's just another person, just another person.
Speaker 7: Okay, he's just another person. Great stuff here from Sid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most people are just other people. That's kind of the way the world is.
Speaker 7: At a Batch of the Beach in nineteen ninety nine, one of the dirt worst pay per views and professional wrestling history, in my opinion, In the main event, anyone who pins Kevin Nash can be the champion. Okay, so that means Sid or any Savage the title must change hands for some reason.
Speaker 3: And what if I wanted to pin, can I win the title?
Speaker 7: Unbelievable men who cared a little about world title belts. Michael Buffer says on the introductions, So where do I sign up?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 7: Where do I sign up?
Speaker 3: That's what he says.
Speaker 7: Yes, Yes, the viciously dangerous point man of Team Savage. So it's stinging Kevin Nash versus Randy Savage and sid in the main event of Bachelor of the Beach nineteen ninety nine, Gorgeous George. If you noticed Boss the blonde bombshell and Randy Savage's corner in his real life girlfriend, she has a black eye, doesn't she?
Speaker 3: Who was that a legit one?
Speaker 7: They played around with a storyline where Savage was beaten Gorgeous George because you know, soap opera ratings heel, and they basically shied away from it immediately after some pushback and outcry. So they made reference to it here in the pay per view and kind of made it seem like Gorgeous George was siding with Kevin Nash to rebel against the abuse of Randy Savage, only too in the end turn on Nash and help Savage anyway, But they never really made reference again that. There was some crazy scene one time in a nitro where Savage flew off the handle. It was supposed to be, you know, portraying this abusive towards women mental case, and he actually got so carried away in the moment that he slapped Tory Wilson in the face.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 7: Nitro? But he didn't his slap her hard enough to be a real problem. And she famously laughed on a live Nitro after Randy Savage last, Wow, she couldn't keep a straight face at the absurdity.
Speaker 3: Of how he's such a fucking goof.
Speaker 7: He's such a bit, such good stuff back then. So Hannibal, who did several interviews would sit over the years, talked to him about teaming with Randy Savage in this run, and he says it was pretty cool, but you know, Savage maybe was living his character too much at the time. He says, he'll never forget one time they'd been up all night at a Nitro doing vignettes, shooting vignettes where Randy was getting gorgeous George back from Kevin Nash. Sid recalls it going to like four or five in the morning this shoot, and so he's going from the shooting on site to his rental car after it's all over, about six in the morning, planning to just go to the airport and get home. So Randy said, hey, baby, come over here. She goes, Randy, don't start with that wow, and he comes back, Oh, what is it you want? Kevin Nash? You really love Kevin Nash Big six And the way Sid says it, Sid's like, oh, come on, not at five in the morning. I don't want to hear a fake love call. Basically, you know, I don't need to see Randy Savage being the television character at five in the morning in the parking lot. After an hours and hours long vinetche you said, say it.
Speaker 3: There's no line. Say it, pal, there's no line, Savage is That's all I'll say.
Speaker 7: You got the front row seat during this run. Sid said, you know, but Randy, I.
Speaker 3: Think you like giving Nash right?
Speaker 7: Is that what it is on TV?
Speaker 3: Randy, George, I'm telling you right now exactly what's going on, because here I am trying to get a fucking boner again. I'm getting rock hard. You're telling me, you know what I'm gonna go for given Nash, and I don't wandering exactly what I've done to say, Hey, you know what I'm in do you fucking give a Nash, where have I gotten the idea?
Speaker 7: Definitely what I've done, but oh way to phrase it? And and and Sid says, you know, but Randy, I think at that point was living Randy Savage too much. So the very psychotic, very lethal Sid Vicious is n w W. And they show them going to work on Nash, reference made to their history, a ton of stuff just working with Savage, Nash and Sid clashing on on on this VHS. Here Nash even sidewalk slam Sid. At one point they show Sid, uh, I gotta I.
Speaker 3: Got a quote from early in the match here. I mean, these fucking matches are so disgusting in how they they edit them, because like these are they're they're they're worse than w W E Colisseum video chopped up matches. You know, like you get five seconds before they dissolve into the next segment. It just keeps going and going and going on you the matches are like three seconds ridiculous. But here this is uh, this is a tony counting savages ladies. And Heenan thinks, well you'll hear what Heenan thinks.
Speaker 16: Savage has two beautiful women with him.
Speaker 14: But saying miss Madness, the one gorgeous know it and they want to know you, Gorgeous George.
Speaker 3: That's three, I I said, who John Youth.
Speaker 12: Is a dog?
Speaker 3: I said, two beautiful and one of George all on my side. One a dog? No, I was not.
Speaker 2: Didn't you stop that?
Speaker 7: Stop it.
Speaker 8: Down?
Speaker 7: Boy Inan and Tony with the stick?
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, because you need something to be entertaining on these fucking shows.
Speaker 7: Can confirm Sid is still clapping before he throws a ducked lariat here in World Championship Wrestling.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, it's a signal. You know he's gonna let them know what's going to happen the show.
Speaker 7: Gorgeous George hitting Nash and the balls here at the bachel of the Beach nineteen ninety. No response whatsoever, by the way to that double cross from Gorgeous George as Sid body slams Kevin Nash and then Randy Savage drops an elbow on him from the top rope and pins him one, two, three, and by virtue of the rules, Kevin Nash loses the WCW title to Randy Savage in a fucking tag team match that is so lame, so incredibly lame. Just I can only imagine the distortions and the mental gymnastics that Kevin Nash went through to land on. I can't lose the belt one on one. I have to lose it in a tag team match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm surprised he got pinned. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you're gonna do it, do it, Like, why does it have to be this funky tag team environment just so it doesn't really count?
Speaker 3: That's why, like I would have let it be seriously, like you should have had Sting take the fall. Yeah, you know, if you're not going to do like, why did you do the fall to begin with? Why did you take the pin? Yeah? It just makes no sense, no sense, you know, I think good.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure. I don't think the stipulations were and I'm not suggesting you were saying this, but I'm thinking about it. I don't think if either man pinn Sting they would win the belt. They had to pin Naw.
Speaker 3: Oh I see, yeah, well I was saying that, but I think that that should have been ruled then for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because the first they did they could have easily done with a run in exactly.
Speaker 3: The same right, exactly I did want to stay here. There's a funny bit. So in these clips, Sid's working on staying and then Nash comes into help out and Shavanni makes a very funny comment about Nash that kind of goes in. It plays very well with how we think of Kevin Nash.
Speaker 19: Kevin Ash's first any offense as he raked the back of the head at that time.
Speaker 3: He hadn't been in mat the entire fucking time. When he comes in and Schevanni fucking comments on it, I was like, it was great. Back to the studio, Oh, here we go get him talking about being a part of Team Madness.
Speaker 12: Being part of Team Madness was an experience. It's a thing about it. The enjoyment for me was the Randy Savage, someone who, in a weird way, is a lot like said Vicious, real intense, a professional at all aspects from his attire to his interviews in the ring, everything, his entourage, stuff like that. But that's where it stopped. I'm not part of an entourage. There it is, and I don't want an entourage, and I don't need an entourage.
Speaker 7: What an ter odd No, Jeremy Pivit and shit, no that I understand an nter Odge untero Odge. So yeah, it's not gonna last long. I love this half shoot, half work sid here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very it's very odd.
Speaker 7: The July seventeenth, ninety nine Nitro, it's you, mister Hogan. You have something that belongs to me. So after breaking off from team Savage said, Vicious is now engaging in a one on one feud, picking up with the left off in nineteen ninety two with the Hulkster starts saying master Ruler of the world, Hollywood baby, and.
Speaker 3: Another thing too, Like you also realize that in the midst of this of like the events that are that are highlighted in this in this video, that Hogan also turns back to the red and yellow. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they capture a lot of the absurdity of nineteen ninety nine, if just by mistake or happenstance on this tape.
Speaker 3: It's just crazy how much happens in so little.
Speaker 7: They keep trying, they keep resetting that because nothing's working, so they're just reshuffling the deck every two to three weeks. On Nitro, it feels like I remember, like Hogan came back, he beat Savage for the championship in April of ninety nine did a pretty good rating for the world title. It's like, Okay, now Hogan's back on top. Great and then he just just and then it just doesn't go anywhere, It doesn't continue to draw, and then he's losing the belt. He cycles out, and then he cycles back in and wrestles Sid and then he comes back and wrestles Sid is red and yellow, And it's just like this constant series of Hogan and Nash really and Hogan and Bischoff trying to figure out a new way to spark is basically a preview of what they did in TNA.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: It's the Hogan Bischoff's team trying to get the band back together or trying to, you know, see.
Speaker 3: If they can try to do as much as they can to make Hogan be the guy to bring WW back to glory.
Speaker 7: Exactly correct, precisely, so you got all.
Speaker 3: That's the funny part. It's like, it's not about bring WW back to glory. He's about having Hulk Hogan bring WCW back to glory.
Speaker 7: Always said there's no such thing as WCW being successful unless Hulk Hogan is successful. Right, Unless Hulk Hogan as the main eventor is what's working in WCW. Nothing is working in WSW because you know, nothing counts until the Hulkster, with his contract and leverage and all the rest and his iron grip on Bischoff is in play. When Holgan's in play, then everyone's trying because this is our only shot. If somebody else is on top, it's very temporary until the Holster comes back. So here he is with his white gloves versus sit on Nitro. Hogan close lines him several times. Sid won't go down. He scoops in Hogan's need gives on a two count. They referenced how doctor James Andrews had just performed the surgery on the Hulkster.
Speaker 3: They did, they did talk about that fucking Scott Hudson talking about that shit.
Speaker 7: And here's a little bit of a context from from Dave Meltzer. At the time, with the main booking power and television formatting in the hands of Hult, Cogan and Eric Bischoff, Kevin Nationally having a minor role. Nitro on July nineteenth presented an Angle Aiden show with two Marque main events and introducing a slew of new characters. New announcer and celebrity cameo appearances in front of an incredibly rabid crowd in Rockford, Illinois. While it was generally considered the best Nitro in a long time, the ratings told a different story a rather ordinary episode of WWF Sports Entertainment. As the show is now categorized Joy six point two eight rating, six point oh five first hour, six point five to five second hour, and a whopping ten share. Nitro compared to the six point two to eight. Boss did a three point three to three Wow two point five to seven first hour, three point one one, second hour, three point three one third hour, and a five to five share. That's that's excellent for Nitro at the time. Over the head ted two hours and eight minutes, Ro's six point two eight compared to Nitro's three point twenty one or just shy of doubling the rating head to head, Rod doubled Nitro in four of the eight quarters head to head, including devastating Nitro in the Battle of main Events overrun. The disappointment for Nitro had to be the performance of the two marquee matches, the Hogan versus Vicious title match. Remember Sid's a draw. Remember this course, the Hogan Versu Visius title match to a two point nine one final quarter, growing to a three point five to one overrun with other run ins including Goldberg, But even that is misleading high, misleadingly high, since it went longer than raw ro's final quarter. X pac and Caine versus Big Show and Hardcore Holly and the beginning of Undertaker versus Triple h In comparison, Okay, Hogan versus Sid Boss does a two point nine to one. What do you think X POC and Caine versus Big Show and Holly does none better be like four six point nine to six? Are you fucking kidding me? With the Undertaker Triple Ah match two just starting and the overrun with the finish of that match in Austin running in built throughout the show did a seven point seven zero rating. Geez, that's a totally opposed making it the most watched wrestling match with opposition wrestling programming in the history of cable television. Yeah that huge, um Shane, uh Shane. The Greenwich Kids what do they call mestree posse? Yeah, versus Briscoe and Patterson in that May nineteen ninety nine Raw that did that all time high quarter like, rivaled only by the rock mankind. This is Your Life. That was on an episode of Raw where Nitro was preempted, so they had the night all of themselves, and that had a lot to do with why that was.
Speaker 3: This one was a post what about what about this? What about the Undertaker Austin match? I thought that one did a fucking did a huge right dorating huge reading. Yep, it was way up there, but it wasn't. It wasn't as high as that. Briscol and Patterson won for some reason. Nitro's other marque match, the Brick flairvor Sting match for control of the company, was a huge disappointment, drawing just a three point three to five rating for the first opposed quarter as compared to the five point three to three for the same Raw open as every week. Unlike the previous week Flare Malank versus Malenka, where Flair maintained the audience from the unpposed quarter, the Flair Sting match had the usual turn off factor when rob began falling from a four point zero seven unpposed rating ros numbers. Remember that Nitro had an extra hour than Raw eight to nine right and I think that was a lot of it too, was that, like people watched Nitro for the first hour when Raw wasn't on and almost always tied out. They just it's kind of funny. I mean, I guess you know you're trying to win and trying to win, but you should put your best stuff in that first hour, honestly, if you're tanking so hard.
Speaker 7: Really or at least do stuff in that first hour that really hooks people for the rest of the show.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: Ros numbers throughout the evening were consistent until the big pick up in the last twenty three minutes. Nitro's numbers ranged from a low of two point seven three for Rick Steiner versus Horse Hogan I repeat rick Steiner versus hors Hogan Andandy Grover's Psychosis to a high of three point sixty nine for the post match after Savage versus Billy Kidman with a Dennis Rodman run and as Dennis Rodman was to wrestle Randy Savage at Roade Wild nineteen ninety nine in his final WCW appearance, and the melee and the Conan versus Vanpiro match, So sounds like a lot that would intrigue you boss to go ahead and watch this nitro on Peacock after we're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can't wait, so, uh can't wait to you know, I don't know, so I try to erase it off Peacock.
Speaker 7: I mean Sid hits a running boot to Hogan's face in this match on nitro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it doesn't hit the late drop.
Speaker 7: But he doesn't hit the leg drop because he goes for it and Hogan moves out of the way.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 7: Hogan then boot Sid. Sid staggers around but doesn't fall. Hogan slams Sid and then Kevin nashit's the ring and attacks Hogan Sting makes the same Rick Steiner it gets involved, and that's a nineteen ninety nine nitro for you right there. I mean, what the fuck sit around thinking Hogan Sid is going to be something cool and it's a running back to the studio Sid. Why the fuck is Rick Steiner involved?
Speaker 12: People have asked me about why I chose Rick Steiner to stand beside me with some of the battle times from the rough times as this.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, Yeah, I don't know what the fuck he's saying.
Speaker 12: Simple, he's a guy that you can trust. He's a guy that You can not have to look over your shoulder. Why you're into a situation, a physical situation, Hey us.
Speaker 8: The guy helping me. Do I have to take a second to turn around Sadi's air? No, you don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: You know he's there. Okay.
Speaker 7: The nineteen ninety nine push of Rick Steiner, it's just irredeemably poor decision.
Speaker 3: That's just unacceptable.
Speaker 7: I mean, no one could possibly want to see him on Nitro as a singles you know, pushed with the top dogs. Like all he does is bring down a star power in every segment they put him in. I know Nash loves the Steiners and everything, and Bischoff certainly had a soft spot for them, but man Man was a stupid.
Speaker 3: Fucking Michigan boys.
Speaker 7: What pretty much?
Speaker 3: Yep, pretty much.
Speaker 7: They show Goldberg getting attacked backstage by Sid and Rick Steiner's referenced earlier, with a shovel and throwing Goldberg on his head. This is from the August second, nineteen ninety nine Nitro. Then they lock him behind a door and Sid's a stupid idiot and hit Sting with a shovel, and then to Eric and Hogan on the car, all so well, Hogan was champed. Ye, So Eric and Hogan are on the commentary. Hogan says he loves how Sid plans things. Maybe maybe they had a dinner. I don't know, brother, but you're planning, Like, what is this? What do you mean you guys plan things in this business? This is basically Hogan and Bischoff, you know, on the commentary on TNA. You know, just yeah, exactly, Sid and Rick. Here Goldberg comes out to the old mega death crush him theme that he started coming out to after he was in Universal Soldier Too. I did not know that sting, Hogan says wide open on commentary. So he was saying that back in nineteen ninety nine, it is confirmed.
Speaker 3: He uh uh. Boff asked Hogan who out of the form, Oh yeah, yeah. Bischoff asked Hogan who the most difficult of the foremen in the ring were to Hogan, got your opportunity. Golbo's gonna have his ass for now, but he's basically got both men's gonna watch now.
Speaker 8: Stings in a lot of trouble. That's kind of a low shot to brother. Just see said that was a low blow out.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Holley, would you've been in the ring with all of these men of the four, if you could call it, which one of them gave you.
Speaker 12: The most difficult the most dangerous brother, the most dangerous is Sid.
Speaker 3: Without a doubt. Wow, I'm sure, I'm sure. In many ways it's true.
Speaker 7: He's about to face Sting. It roade wild back. Then as a matter of fact, Sting gets free and hits a bulldog Hulk Cokin's Sting doesn't need Goldberg said, Goozles lifts and dumps Sting one two. Goldberg makes the same Hulk Cogin says, you better wake up soon, or you'll have to that's.
Speaker 3: To the referee here, I got that for you. They were thinking as a team, they were, Goldberg busy, feel something else.
Speaker 2: But if he's gaining his wound.
Speaker 8: If he's ready, I feel sorry for everybody gets his hands on.
Speaker 16: As they react to sing.
Speaker 2: The Sting doesn't need Goldberg.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's only fire again.
Speaker 16: That's the one thing about saying is good.
Speaker 13: He's down, when you think he's out, he digs down deep and he comes back on.
Speaker 4: The fire man.
Speaker 16: If he have his hands full, yeah, I say vicious.
Speaker 4: He's got his hands up.
Speaker 16: The same cover and Goldberg again to make the sake the referee better wakes up sooner.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to make him move it and wake him up.
Speaker 7: Brother. It just sounds so hollow.
Speaker 3: The two of them are just awful.
Speaker 7: It's so hollow. They'll trying to like come up with enthusiasm for the same cast of characters.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like Hogan's Hogan is not a good not good on commentary. He should never do it. I agree.
Speaker 7: They thumbs down Goldberg chant you heard said missus leg drop scorpion deathlock applied by staying. Goldberg gets in battling Rick Steiner.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's no way you're hitting a leg drop with Hogan on commentary, right by a ring.
Speaker 7: Then he gets out, grabs a chair and starts tapping people on the head and the fakest looking chair shots.
Speaker 3: It's pretty bad.
Speaker 7: It's pretty bad, DEQ. They hit the bell And that's another great addition to Nitro. Even the fucking videotapes, which are supposed to be best ofs, they can't put together a home video release without it being ninety per DQ finishes that leave people wondering if they'll ever come back to a Nitro again.
Speaker 3: Yep, we go back to the studio. There we go.
Speaker 12: My opinion about the mystery Man, or so called franchise of what.
Speaker 3: I don't know. What's he talking about? Mystery Man?
Speaker 7: I think he's talking about Goldberg. We're talking about sing Sorry you start about the sting. Why because he wrestles in it roadwild? No, I know, But why is he the mystery Man? The mystery Man's road warrior animal. Well, yeah, that's why he's a mystery man. At first, I was like, I guess Goldberg had some mystery to him. But yeah, he's I guess back from ninety seven ninety six. Rather you know how he hung over in the rafters and didn't say anything for a year, okay or maybe WCW.
Speaker 8: We know this a true thing about him. We know he's a family man. You have his children.
Speaker 12: He those family values. He loves the shaking hands of the wrestling fans. I despise those qualities.
Speaker 7: That's good. Self proclaimed millennium man, we're transitioning into that. Tony says he has a claim on that because as we head into the year two thousand, said has had the best record, undefeated over the last month. He will they say, he will erase the winning streak of Goldberg like today, says I'll have to do some research on that. They show bikes revving at road wild as Sid is hammocked in the corner and Sting.
Speaker 3: By the way his music for w W one very much a cover of his ninety two w w WWE.
Speaker 7: Theme absolutely and the theme that they in fact edited out of Peacock.
Speaker 3: Don't ask me why, I know, like, why don't just put in his ninety two theme that you do all.
Speaker 7: Right, which apparently even though it sounds exactly the same as not a copyright infringement. I guess they really suck the life out of Sid in this year such such as.
Speaker 3: There is I heard it's like some weird techno ship.
Speaker 7: Awful, truly the worst, really bad. So, yeah, he gets hammocked in the corner and then Sting splashes him up there and clothes lines him up and over to the floor. This is again and storage of South Dakota with all the motorcycles everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a stand for hamburgers and steak sandwiches.
Speaker 7: Say that againing missus a splash, there's a backbreaker to the floor. He drops Sting on the rail. They do a split screen back to the studio where CID.
Speaker 3: You can't oh yeah, but you can't even They're also they're weird things like you know, these matches are very completely incomprehensible, yes, all right, because they dissolved so often. And then there's a moment there where Sting Sid drops Sting on the guardrail right in front of a knuckleball Schwartz. But they're like, what the fuck? I don't know he was there, so they here's the here's the insert moment.
Speaker 12: Sting road wild was glood out so far might come back in w c W because one will probably stand out for a long time.
Speaker 8: A lot of people don't realize.
Speaker 12: What I achieved in that one win and one fittor you overstend I said earlier. He truly is the franchise of w c W. He stood all the tests here, he went through good and bad times, things like that. And what really bothers me is that no one really did understand or know what I accomplished in that one night because it happened so swift.
Speaker 3: Yeah I don't either. It beats things.
Speaker 7: Are you talking about.
Speaker 8: So suddenly that my power overshadowed the event.
Speaker 12: And it's really sad because the guy beat was when I one of the steal one of the greatest competitors are our sport.
Speaker 8: With my presence, Some things like that are overshadowed.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you want? You pin Sting and you beat Sting? We you know everyone saw it, but you apparently no one noticed it because you're you.
Speaker 7: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 7: I noticed?
Speaker 3: Still fucking sense whatsoever?
Speaker 7: I noticed it. I watched the show.
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 3: I watched the I watched the fucking three minute clip version in your fucking video cassette. Do you expect to happen when you beat Sting? That didn't happen? People to give a ship? No, I guess Dave Meltzer wasn't talking about how fucking Sid beat Sting.
Speaker 7: He doesn't read this the sheets anyway. Is a nice finish though, after Superblex, after which Sid just gets up as if nothing touched him and stands in the corner to take the splash. Sting goes up airborne for the stinger splash in the corner and said goozles them out of mid air and choke slams.
Speaker 3: Does He hits two stinger splashes and the third one Sid catches him, choke slam, gets the pennant's a really good finish.
Speaker 7: Just powers through. And I think I bet Sid kind of saw that laid out that way and thought it was such a strong win over a strong face in Sting that it would be considered impactful and people would want to see him headline. And he probably didn't get the feedback loop he was expecting from from probably negotiating a very decisive win hero for the Sting or probably told himself this would be a big launch thing if he could collect Stings scalp. But at the time Sting was making everybody a nut, you know, really try anything for him.
Speaker 3: A punching bag. Back then, I can't even think of ninety nine Sting as being anything interesting. I really know.
Speaker 7: He had that absolutely fantastic match with DDP on Nitro. I think it was April or May timeframe. It's one of the best matches ever on Monday night. But that was the thing. He would just go out there and just perform and have good matches. But he didn't have a structured push. He wasn't like the guy. He didn't have a belt, he didn't have a lot of promo time. He was just out there as a guy that people cared about that could you know, carry a segment.
Speaker 3: I mean, doesn't he turn a heel on Hogan and foll forget it?
Speaker 7: After that, that's all a joke, and it's all a joke. And after getting this huge victory like it was nothing at road Wild, Sid hits the floor right away and just walks around one more in the record books.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's your own fault. Actually, then you know you're not making a big deal out of it. You're just fucking acting like nothing happened.
Speaker 7: After the studio, Sid's talking about what he loves doing.
Speaker 8: I love running in, beating up people, what.
Speaker 7: I love running in. Well, you're in the right company.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well two, those are the fun things. Those are the things that set up mental intimidation factors. And people like Cogan's mind Stein Goldberg List goes on Brett Hart. They come out here that feel a comic cool. They actect those things don't bother them. It didn't affect them. Let me tell you something. The day that I walked into the door at WCW, those names I just mentioned, they felt the threat, the possibility.
Speaker 8: That they may fail.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that they felt fail threat, the threat the possibility that they may fail.
Speaker 7: Fail yeah, or fail, as he says, I understand that's not a yes, they may fail. Well, much can be said about World Championship press threat. How about the August sixteenth nightro in ninety nine where Sid hits the ring on hoovent Tude Guerrera versus Lash LaRue and kills fuckers with power bombs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 7: And the name two thousand, the name said vicious will be heard the loudest, he says. And in the year two thousand, I will accumulate more wins than anyone in the history of professional wrestling. As the crowd chanting asshole on her board, Yeah, he says, the name Goldberg will be obsolete. And you, mister Hogan, and you can chant Hogan all night long, which they don't.
Speaker 3: I think I think I have part of this.
Speaker 16: Here, he das.
Speaker 4: No one knows what's happening, is.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't, I don't thank you.
Speaker 20: In the years two thousand, the names in visus will be worth the loudest.
Speaker 5: Do what you like.
Speaker 20: Two thousand oh to night for whims. Let anyone ever has believe Professon rastling But they go, where will be out? Time you missed the holden.
Speaker 16: I just to didn't hold a hold in?
Speaker 2: Hold good, oh nice.
Speaker 7: And they don't.
Speaker 4: Hold gun.
Speaker 20: You've got something that belongs to me, the world head away belt.
Speaker 2: You see, you're not away Chap.
Speaker 16: They'll tell you to talk to me.
Speaker 2: This talking and I'm gonna do this oh nice, long.
Speaker 20: Holdan coming down the kidding me?
Speaker 2: What is Mick?
Speaker 4: The bottom line?
Speaker 3: So, I mean, basically, are you telling me that the fans weren't booing in because they had heat on them? They were just they it was kind of the bad heat.
Speaker 7: It's just so sad on second chant Hogan all night long, and they don't.
Speaker 3: I just uh, you know, because I I mean I heard the boo and seven it's like it's actually pretty intense. But now it seems like you're telling me that it's it's not actually good heat.
Speaker 7: That's great, that's sticky television. Later, Sid runs in on Steve Rigel Canyon match and kills both of them, and these all count as wins as we talked.
Speaker 3: About earlier, right, But that's that's pretty fucking.
Speaker 7: Its backstage attacking Silver King and Laparca throwing him onto boxes and then he power bombs La Parka onto a huge sack of you know, arena vending popcorn, and Tony Shivani says, thank god the popcorn, thank God for the popcorn. I shit, you know. He says that later on Ray Mysterio sent orbit from the middle rope.
Speaker 3: And Loady seriously, he's his fucking destroying all these these fucking Ham and Eggers.
Speaker 7: Have said Lawn Dark Ray like Nash did back in the day, and Loady is all over this tape. He gets it as well. Double chokes lamb for both Lodi and Lenny. If you remember Lanny Lane and Lodi.
Speaker 3: I try not to. I know we we have seen Lodi before. I'd rather just let that go away, just let.
Speaker 7: That's it the future creative control. Once Russeau got his hands on My Life and Sid comes out, he says, I'm the next w W heavyweight Champion in the world. Tony says he's has fifty five wins with no blemishes. Is the Red and Yellow Hogan is suddenly on our screens with the w W Big Old World title belt on his waist and a bandana. Slides into the ring and gets stomped by Sid. As soon as he gets in with Tony talked about the fansom.
Speaker 3: Now this is the WrestleMania rematch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they start the same exact way, all.
Speaker 3: Right, like we're not you know, it's not the other one. That's that's not a that wasn't it. That was Hollywood Hogan. This is this is the real and you know what, it goes the same way for the most part. Yeah, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 7: Just think about how much time we spent kind of you know, revisiting how they built up Sid Hogan at WrestleMania and how they managed to make it feel so big and all the promos and yeah, the intensity of Sid's walk to the ring in the Hoosier Dome and all of that stuff. I think about what they managed to achieve there with these two and now look at this, this is only seven years later.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you. That's the thing, you know, that's part of the that's part of what is not talked about. Yes, during the glory period of the Attitude era, people don't talk about the fact that things you're they were so desperate to one up each other that they didn't think building to the next show. It was about building to the next moment tonight very much, and and that.
Speaker 7: And seeing Hogan versait is nitro matches instead of paper virdliners right, crazy.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's a complete waste. I just would never.
Speaker 7: Imagine, considering the place in my heart that this match held from WRESTLEMANIAID, that I would be this indifferent to it once they finally got around to rematching in the same company here, I am Logan get stop as soon as he gets in, and Tony talking about the fan support being firmly on Hogan's side, which they, let me tell you, they were rejoicing that for a split second there. The WCW crowd went for the Hogan red and yellow nostalgia act because they had it right. They had soured on the Hollywood Hogan thing for sure. Hogan with a black knee brace behind the red knee pad and yeah, I noticed that too. Sid slams, Hogan drops the leg this time drops it and then Hogan, yes, pops up right.
Speaker 3: But by the way, Shavani calls Sid the Man of the Millennium. Is that better or worse than millennium man?
Speaker 7: I think that's worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so too. The Man of the Millennium sounds so stupid.
Speaker 7: It really, it really does. But that was all I want to talk about in nineteen ninety nine, as.
Speaker 3: You know, I know, I know, everyone's talking about fucking y two K and that's probably why they rushed out to get these vhs is out so fast, because who knows that they were even gonna be able to use the VHS equipment.
Speaker 7: Now everything would be on the fritz, you know. Hogan pops up, hulking up and goes off with a hand ends I can't believe my eyes if this is what what we're going to right now.
Speaker 3: By the way, there's a there's a funny moment where uh uh uh sid uh Sid tells Hogan he's got a brain.
Speaker 7: I've got a brain. We'll see about that, Sid. As he hits the floor and he's straddling the guardrail when he says that, by the way, yeah yeah he is, Tony says, we need a word from the championship committee. If you count and the guy he's laid out, it would be nine. I don't always talking about there.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I guess he laid out somebody on the floor.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, does that count the champions record? Yeah, okay, we would that be the win loss committee mostly loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the floor.
Speaker 7: Hogan hits him in the back of the chair, throws him over the guardrails, that takes over, taps Hogan on the back with the chair in his own right. Hogan goes into a table shouting spots to each other, goosele and choke slamb Hogan takes the bump, but he doesn't cover him. Sid does not cover him.
Speaker 3: He says, I don't know what the fuck that's all about.
Speaker 7: It He says, no, we'll do it, and then he covers him after a break.
Speaker 3: He does. I understand, and then understand why he didn't, why.
Speaker 7: He has I don't know what he's waiting for, but what he goes for it hold kicks out, holds up big.
Speaker 3: Boot leg and and uh, look at this. It's wrestleming Ate all over again.
Speaker 7: My god, because we have to get a fucking run in finish again.
Speaker 3: On n Rake Rick Steiner. Rick Steiner plays Papa Shango but actually makes it on time so Cid isn't forced to kick out of the leg drops. It's Rick Steiner, I mean what it is Rick Steiner? And then Sting plays Ultimate Warrior.
Speaker 7: Yeah he does you're right.
Speaker 3: Thing comes in, comes in to save the day. He plays ultimate warrior. The ring is filled with.
Speaker 7: Guard right, you can tell where Hogan. Hogan doesn't have a very deep well, ladies and gentlemen, No, he does not have two ideas.
Speaker 3: This is wrestleming. He ate all over again, except for this finish Abso, okay, are you ready for this ship.
Speaker 7: He's gonna have Stink turn on him like fucking uh right, the Abyss and everybody else.
Speaker 3: But so they cut They kind of cut away pretty quickly because it's not about Hogan Steiner staying or whatever. It's about Sid. So Hogan boots Steiner and he drops the leg and I went because I knew what was going to happen. Not that I had ever seen this before, but I knew what was going to happen, I mean, And so I found the match and Hogan covers rick Steiner.
Speaker 7: They don't show that on the Millennium Man tape.
Speaker 3: They do not. They they faded black before it happens.
Speaker 7: He has to get the one two three on rick Steiner.
Speaker 3: And he has Charles Robinson register the bogus three count.
Speaker 7: Rick Steiner wasn't in the match. It was a one on one match.
Speaker 3: He wasn't in the match. It was sid In Hogan.
Speaker 7: Because our whole thing about Hogan being obsessed with the visual pinfall is just a figment of our imagination, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Like you know, because what what what sane individual thinks that this is a good.
Speaker 7: Thing covers anybody he can to register as many victories as he can, as many visual bouts of superiority.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is without it, it is one of the more ludicrous moments ever ever.
Speaker 7: And it's also worth noting the ring is filling up and completely with garbage, you know, cups and.
Speaker 3: Completely with I mean we're talking nWo like I'm gonna tell you, I am gonna bash of the beach ninety six garbage.
Speaker 7: I want to say right here that that had to be mostly manufactured, because there's no reason that people were.
Speaker 3: That he didn't. The only reason I think they'd be upset is because, like we get another fucking bogus fantasy.
Speaker 7: See that, I do see that, But if I also see the way bishofs gears turn in a place of desperation, He's trying to recreate the atmosphere that he knows was money. So let's get I would put it past them to engineer some you know, certain people in the crowd starting the trend of throwing the drinks, then everybody.
Speaker 3: Else follows suit.
Speaker 7: Because this this seemed very inorganic to me.
Speaker 3: But what do I know now, maybe it will. You're probably right this from the I mean, it did surprise me, like I'm not. I was actually thinking to myself, this seems like a little bit of a low key matchup, a low key moment to fucking exactly started throwing shit in there.
Speaker 7: From the observer. At the time, paced by a series of number one contenders matches that drew huge quarter hours, RAW was back up to a six point six to two ratings six point three eight first hour, six point eight three second hour, and a ten point six share on August sixteenth. This is the August sixteenth Nitro we're talking about here. In nineteen ninety nine, Nitro, which was doubled in six of the eight had to head Quarters finished with a three point two eight rating three point seven eight first hour two point eight nine, second hour three point one eight, third hour at a five point four share Over the head to had two hours and six minutes, Raw did a six point five eight rating to Nitro's three point oh four WWF to were a monstrous seven point twenty seven quarter which featured both the China Verse Triple H match along with the Jericho confrontation of Undertaker and Big Show. The Mankind Versus China match tore a seven point one zero rating, while the Mankind vers Triple H match dre a six point one to three final quarter and the overrun, which went unopposed in the final three minutes, grew to a seven point one to three. There was very little in the way of good news for Nitro other than a relatively strong showing of the Hulk cog and versus Sid Vicious main event promoted heavily throughout the show, which did a three point sixty four final quarter and a four point two six overrun. So that is boss a three point six y four for hul Coke and Versus SID to a seven points two seven for China Verse Triple H and the rest and then China Mankind seven point one zero. Just a huge gap. I mean, I do remember them building that well, and nobody's talking about they did the same with the first match when he was in Hollywood Colors. They did a really good job of like in the Macho Man match I mentioned we're holding up the belt back of you know, teasing it and segue making you want to stay tuned for the main event. Now, the finish they delivered in the sid match was not something that make you want to come along for the ride next.
Speaker 3: Time, not at all. No, I'd I'd definitely quit.
Speaker 7: Alto wroute the two quarters that Rod didn't double Nitro or the second quarter where Road Dog versus Al Snow and the beginning of an Undertaker show. Jericho's segment went against Diamond Dallas Page versus Kidman, which was a five point seven to three point two margin, and the final quarter the biggest gap was the China Vers Triple h quarter going against Ben Wavers Disco, which was the best actual wrestling match of either show, but true the lowest quarter of the night at two point four to two.
Speaker 1: The lap Fan Wrestling Podcast the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan m He's an Elapsed Fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Carnacio, m J. Piso.
Speaker 7: Back to Studio ZID. What type of person are you, m H.
Speaker 8: I'm the type of person that I'm gonna be in your face. If I have something to say, I'm not gonna do it behind your back.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna go afront you face to face, and I'm gonna let you know how I feel face to face.
Speaker 4: Six sixteen Saturday. Here he's a ride.
Speaker 3: What a ride.
Speaker 7: So he's racking up wins over Johnny the Bull and Michael Gripwreck and Hoovey and Lodi and Lenny, and he's going up to seventy and Disco Inferno, all these guys eating shit. And then we go to the August thirtieth ninety nine Nitro now at seventy five, and oh yeah, there's no end. There's no end, there's no end.
Speaker 3: He says, Yeah, well you have I have from when he says, and the tally.
Speaker 7: Just keeps what game we play is real easy to men and are only one man survives? Thank God for these dissolves. By the way, how torturous these promos were back then To watch him meander through, you know, ten minutes of open mic time, I mean, it just.
Speaker 3: Hurts to know, like what I know, because I actually thought this stuff was like he came across such as such a maniacal beast. But I'm understanding that that's not the case.
Speaker 7: You see it side by side by side, like, oh my god, it's much like when we played, you know, samples of all his promos from his first title run in WWF, it's like, oh my god. When you listen to him side by side, like this guy just says the same thing over and over and over again. Yeah, and in pro wrestling, to some degree, that's fine, and if you have the space of you know, not having it side by side and a week passes, it's not so bad. But when you see him like this, you're like, dude, this guy has no idea how to carry a tune, so to.
Speaker 3: Speak on the microphone.
Speaker 7: And it was bad because they put him out there for like fifteen minutes every week and he just stand there and he try to, you know, allude to the streak. He tried to tease a couple of matches, and you could just tell he was constantly having a reset and remind himself like what he was there to say, and it was it was bad television. Back to studio or you have something for the promom, Sorry, well.
Speaker 3: I have this, I have this, this, this, this tally thing here and the time goes higher.
Speaker 4: They're higher, and it seems that there's just snowing.
Speaker 7: There's no Yeah, I know said there's no, there's no.
Speaker 9: So now.
Speaker 4: I don't have to pick it up a little bit, bringing sty to me.
Speaker 2: Ringing over high.
Speaker 12: They're high.
Speaker 2: To prove the outs a gout.
Speaker 4: Dim the Milaennium man and I have no cal because the game we play is real easy.
Speaker 11: To leave it.
Speaker 20: And only one man survice and how keep loton t I don't come love.
Speaker 16: Wow, he means business.
Speaker 20: We have covered in two thousand. They will always sing one name I never will be.
Speaker 8: Said.
Speaker 9: This is.
Speaker 8: And that.
Speaker 12: Says enough.
Speaker 11: Is this the Millennium man, as he proclase said enough, remember that sick enough?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you're not kidding Sid, fucking hell.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like it's like he just like you know, I mean, he is he is milking beyond milking. I don't know how long he was given to do these promos, but he is just like on and on and on and on. It's so absurd, absurd, and it's worthy of a highlight videotape. Apparently, of course, of course, go back.
Speaker 7: To a studio as Sid now has to throw shade on the relatively diminutive Chris ben Waugh because well he's not a big man.
Speaker 12: Chrispin Waugh is, without a doubt, for a small guy. It's a very intense competitor. He brings a lot of things to the table, but he's not able to do is wipe off the table because his arms are so short you can't reach over and grab other stuff.
Speaker 8: And so said, Okay, just kidding.
Speaker 3: We know.
Speaker 12: He was foolish enough to give me an opportunity at the title shot, and he was nice enough to give it.
Speaker 3: To me in his own way. Was he foolish enough or was he nice in his own way? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Indeed, unless you think that knock at ben Waffer being small was just character work. Here's Sid on the In Your Head Wrestling podcast calling a memory around this time. Like you mentioned, the Revolution stable is running strong, Chrispin, wat Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn all kind of joining forces to basically the Radicals before the Radicals in WCW. Sure, and came a point on a nightro where Saturn and Malinka were matched up against Sid in attack match and building to this one and the way that Sid reacts to Dean Malinko suggesting something for the for the match. Really says it all.
Speaker 5: Dude, I got one story that's gonna pat myself on the back. And this is why I was with people, especially anyone, and it just wasn't just one would.
Speaker 8: Ask me to do something stupid.
Speaker 5: Now, one night, me and Randy Savage are working Dean Malinko and somebody I want to say, Perry Sattern or Crispin Mall, and Dean Malinko comes to me and says, hey, man, do you mind if I give you.
Speaker 8: A drop toho? I do a really good drop toho. I said, no, Dean, this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 5: You're gonna tag in and I'm gonna bomb you, and we have the referee throw up another win. Then I'm we'll grab you up and do it again and we're gonna get another win, you know. And I'm just gonna keep doing that to stack up wins. And so we left away from that, and Randy goes, man, that's what I like to hear. Now that the thing is, Randy didn't have enough nerve to say that himself, but I did, uh huh, you know.
Speaker 8: And I did that to anyone I needed to do that too, not Dean Malenko.
Speaker 3: Fucking it.
Speaker 7: Drop toe hold. No, we're not. I'm gonna power bomb sometimes.
Speaker 3: Drop toh, Okay, that's what it was. I'm gonna do it. Drop toe ho my.
Speaker 7: Dean Malenko too Studios where they did a bunch of Godzilla movies. Sid did the same thing to Van Hammer when he came back to w W nineteen ninety three. Remember Bill Dundee was in the office and he was like, Van Hammer had ideas and say, actually, what we're gonna do? So, I'm gonna power bomb me in ten seconds?
Speaker 3: In pin you what's gonna happen. I'm gonna power bomb you in ten seconds. There's no drop to ho. Right, there's not gonna be any any.
Speaker 7: Arm slingers, definitely not, definitely not It's not gonna be you.
Speaker 3: Any any any any footlocks. Right, We're talking about powerbomb and power bomb, power bomb eighteen times until I get what I need out of ye.
Speaker 7: That's the truth. And so we close here with the match between Sid and Chris Benoa at Fall Brown nineteen ninety nine for the United States Championship. They show on the tape of package of them killing a bunch of guys and saying ben wi You're the biggest man I've ever I've ever faced. O. Ben was saying to Sid, You're the biggest man I've ever faced.
Speaker 3: And this is where we get the revolution. This is what got me on the fucking rabbit hole. You're with this stupid group called You're the only one he really stands out.
Speaker 16: Well, mister Millennium man.
Speaker 7: God, I'm not standing out well, mister Millennium man. I'm not standing out. I'm stepping up. Okay, Chris, we're doing a promo by a murderer, Ben wa doing a promo shirtlest with a black wrist tape on Oh my god, Ben Wah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I literally I was. I was saying, he's got to say something about how he's revolutionary. Oh my god, I know I went on this fucking rabbit hole looking and looking, not even knowing by the way, that that was a fucking thunder, not even a nitro.
Speaker 7: It was a fun that's pain, and so I was like, you know, I'd.
Speaker 3: Go through eight shows on pecock man.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm I feel last. I'm certain if it was said it was during the said Justice run, it wasn't a WSW.
Speaker 3: It's funny that you say that because I always I always remember you talking about it having to do with him being the millennium man. I guess not. I guess we'll never know. If you're in college, I guess not.
Speaker 7: We'll never know. Probably the same place I got v K thunder Lager from. So it's fall Brown ninety nine and Tony Sivanni says, regardless if you feel the winning streak is legitimate or not great, So they're giving voice to that on the broadcast today says seventy nine and zero. When Goldberg won the US title, they say he was only seventy five and zero. So that's they're trying to do. They're trying to get sid past the point that Goldberg was at a similar juncture.
Speaker 3: So and again, what they needed to do, they really needed to have to make that the whole thing work and make him seem like an obnoxious tool is to have the commentators can always say no, this is not act right.
Speaker 7: Worst they really didn't do until right the backlash was such that they kind of like not leaned into it, but they were really just thinking that they could just manufacture enough of a wind streak to get people to want to see Russell Goldberg, which I'm not saying it didn't work, but.
Speaker 3: I mean I think people want to see again on paper Goldberg Sid is a money match, Like I'd want to see that in a pay per view agreed, no question, Like you don't have to do that. I think this would just be flavor for it.
Speaker 7: You know what would have sold the match ten times bigger is if you didn't see Sid until the pay per view. You announced it like two months out and he maybe he said some things, but like you didn't see him do anything to anybody until the great Sid came into WCW, the Russell Goldberg. I think that's where the money is is to see Sid.
Speaker 3: I mean that's for sure. If you're going to do a straight match, absolutely, But if you're gonna do this, this, this, you know street gimmick, it's fun to have him do it week to week and kind of do this stuff. I just don't think in a weird way I would I wouldn't have him wrestle on pay per view against like I wouldn't have him do a Crispin wa match. No, Like, I don't think you should have had a legitimate match on pay per view if that's what you're building towards it's gonna be kind of squash mask squash mask squash match, and then all these other fucking you know, these these other you know, backstage segments, right and and in and run ins and stuff, and just like in him saying, there's another one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, they don't have you have to do if you want to do that, I'm arguing to not even do the winning street thing. But if you're going to do it, of course, I know you got to do it.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean yes, if you, like I said, if you're gonna go for the straight match, you agree, Like you don't even need to have have him do some fucking vignettes like have him, you know, have him be all over the like, have him go to all Goldberg's fucking places, like have him go to the Falcons or whatever, the talk of the locker room, and maybe he fucking destroys the locker room, Goldberg's old locker There was the Falcons, right, he played for the.
Speaker 7: Falcons, Yeah, very briefly. Yeah, yeah, so you know, but that'd be that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with it. I'm with it.
Speaker 7: So they lock up and Sid absolutely heats Ben wah off the lock up.
Speaker 3: Oh he fucking does.
Speaker 7: I don't know what he means, just to throw something across the room.
Speaker 3: Basically, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 7: So Sid charges and runs in to stop talking.
Speaker 3: This fucking gen Z ship. I don't I don't follow that language. Goldberg champ.
Speaker 7: I listened to it every fucking day. I don't follow it. Then goes for a cross bodies the Goldberg chance breaking Ben Wall goes for the cross body, gets caught. Ben Wace dropped back in here Germans. Sid goes up.
Speaker 3: That does Okay, he didn't he does? That was really impressive. He didn't have some words of wisdom for us.
Speaker 16: The size of the fighting dog, the size of the dog.
Speaker 9: In the fight.
Speaker 16: It's just a big dog.
Speaker 2: He's the biggest dog in the box. And that's a hetonism, a freight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he still had it even in ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep and flashes.
Speaker 7: Sid took the German well Ben Water the crucifix, but Sid jumps back and squashes him in a simmom and drop and then puts the cobra clutch on. Yes, Sid was trying to make the cobra clutch a thing, and from that position he lifts and dumps Ben Wall like he turned it into a slam guy. I will say, guys like Chris ben Wah made Sid look like Sid. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Of course, of course, I mean that's that's that's the only way it works. You need guys like Chris Benoit who who's who know how to make other guys look fantastic and.
Speaker 7: Go for the ride on those bumps.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, like they shot out of it. You know, ultimately, is that the downfall of a Chris ben Wah.
Speaker 7: Maybe Ben one goes to a sunset flip and said drops down onto his shoulders because he's such a worker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ben want.
Speaker 7: Missus a diving headbutt, and that allows Hid to just scop him up power bomb in the hell and win the US title at Fall Brawl ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Yep, and he goes eighty and Oh.
Speaker 7: Looks into the camera and says, it's all mine. I'm gonna go back to the studio for thoughts on Bill Goldberg.
Speaker 12: Bill Goldberg, I believe the most underestimated thing about this man is his love.
Speaker 8: For the people. It's sickening.
Speaker 24: I've been watching you, said, brother, I've been watching you come out here, Henreek Havoc.
Speaker 4: Yes, I admire your strength, but one thing I will not stand for.
Speaker 3: It's your mouth.
Speaker 12: We're both entiens, competitors. We both have the same wants. We both want to make the big money. We both want to be main event. We want to stand down. We don't want to have no comparisons.
Speaker 3: The sounds like a fucking child, Sure does a fucking child. Oh, we're getting to where we need to go. Yep, Goldberg versus Sid. The whole pretense, the whole reason, and a lot of ways that Sid was brought into w CW was to have a match with Goldberg. And we're getting there at the tail end of this tape, and we ride out with his final thoughts, if you.
Speaker 12: Want to be on top, it's a big workload. He goes with that, And I was thinking about that last time. So I was driving into here, I said, ma'am so tired and getting into my hotel.
Speaker 8: It's four o'clock. You guys want to hear at twelve and hit me just like that. Ma're like, I shot right here like a light where all our complaints left. Because this is well.
Speaker 12: I love, I love all the duties that come with being successful, and I like to be able to do these duties.
Speaker 8: To the best I can do.
Speaker 12: But when we walk out of here today, you guys will say, hey, this was pretty cool sitting here talking to this guy.
Speaker 7: And so we're on the collision course with the big opponent. But for SID and World Championship Wrestling, the biggest opponent would be still to come. Announcement as a TJ
Speaker 1: De Santis production, its contents is intended for private use only.