Speaker 1: I'd like to welcome Carl and Jeff to the show. You may recognize them from episode one four, I believe, if I remember correctly, a couple of Louisiana bigfoot hunters back on the show to talk about an upcoming event. Guys, it's a convention season, conference season again. How's it going.
Speaker 2: Going? Great? Man?
Speaker 1: How you doing doing all right? Man? Good to talk to you guys again. It's been a while, it has it?
Speaker 2: Has it has that there definitely definitely got got. I got a lot of good.
Speaker 3: Things coming up and a couple of stories to talk about as well.
Speaker 1: Awesome, So let's dial it back to last year. You guys were on here telling some stories, talking about some of the things you've experienced and about your upcoming Do you call it a conference or a convention.
Speaker 2: Week? Festival?
Speaker 1: Festival? Okay, even better? How did it go? How did it go last year? Did you have a good turnout?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, I'll start off. Yeah, we had a great turnout. We were hoping to probably get three or four hundred people. As you know, I had ordered four hundred armed bands. I was hoping for at least four hundred. Then I said, you know about how to get a few more, so I ordered I think it was another five hundred, but there was a real cheap ones, nothing wrote on them and not like that, you know, And I said, you would never use it. What happened next year? So I turned out and you know, me and j justin great. You know, we always use them, so super we did.
Speaker 2: So we got started and you yeah, yeah, we only knew.
Speaker 3: The doors opened at nine am and people started coming in immediately. Our speaker started at ten and at about nine thirty we we'd completed run out of the first four hundred bands.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were just pouring in and so I walked into the speaker room to get everything ready, and there's about nine forty five now, and the line was running all the way around the building, down the street into the parking lot where people parked waiting to get inez. So it was just blowing our mind, you know that we weren't expecting this. We were BILLI surprice, glad to have it though, very excited, very yeah.
Speaker 2: It just turned out really well.
Speaker 3: The speakers was great, so we were hoping to do it again, bigger and better. And I'll let Jeff share a little bit of his experience. He was out on the floor more than I were. I was in the speaker room. But it was wild.
Speaker 1: Look it.
Speaker 4: I ordered around three hundred T shirts hoping to sell out.
Speaker 2: Well, we sold out within three or four hours. We was gone.
Speaker 4: They was And then I order another three or four hundred and mailed all of them.
Speaker 2: Out and we still had people shirts.
Speaker 4: Look it, it had to be over. We estimated twenty two twenty three hundred people walked in there. It was unbelievable. Uh, we had people from Montana.
Speaker 2: We had people on.
Speaker 4: The East coast, the West coast actually flew down here. I drove down here just to go to our conference, to our festival in Montana.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, and it was.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 4: We are speaker for a great had a little difficulty in the on some of their presentation electrical mount mound functions. But this year we just we hired uh.
Speaker 2: A guy that's got a big screen.
Speaker 4: He hands all of our We're gonna go live so you can go on on our Facebook page, uh Nacas, Louisiana Bigfoot Festival and you can actually watch it live.
Speaker 2: During Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we threw in a meet and greet for Friday night at the at the events center.
Speaker 2: Uh, we got.
Speaker 4: Of course, you get to meet all the five speakers and then get to mingle with each other.
Speaker 2: And we got loss.
Speaker 4: A local restaurant's going to be providing the seafood, catfish, shrimp, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It's fifty dollars a ticket. It should be great. We've already sold a bunch of those.
Speaker 4: And our biggest issue, and mine was and costs too, was getting people inside. It was just taking look at one I think it's one o seven in the afternoon. Our last guy, the line ended at one o seven last year.
Speaker 2: That's how long it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's something that a lot of people don't think about it. It takes a while to pack people into a building.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, we're gonna do like the I got with car in the event center and the police department about putting just you know, when we go to the airport, you gotta do the zigzag thing, you know what I mean with those barriers. So I think we're going to do that all the way out to the road, so you can you'll get a lot of more people at the door.
Speaker 2: We've got a prepay.
Speaker 4: Line and we've got a credit card and a cash line. We may even put a third one up if the traffic ball is up there.
Speaker 2: So if you gudys.
Speaker 4: Listen down here, we're gonna really try to get you in fast. We mow the T shirts sales to another part of the building to not create a big traffic jam, so to speak.
Speaker 2: So should go smooth this year. But we're expecting three thousand at least.
Speaker 1: Do you guys happen to know at the top of your head the population of that community?
Speaker 2: I do? I do.
Speaker 3: The city of Naketish is like seventeen thousand when college we're at college Town Northwestern State University.
Speaker 2: Demons.
Speaker 3: Uh, you're looking at probably another three to five thousand there. The parish we in, you know, they call it Louisiana Parish, the counties. I think we're around fifty two thousand in the parish. But we we're the largest parish in Louisiana, and we have the most dirt roads in the most country, so I guess. And we're almost center supposed to being center in Louisiana, so we're pulling from all sides and and so it's uh, yeah, all says it's a're we're like fifty forty fifty miles from the east Texas into the border of Texas and probably what Jeff two hours two and a half hours to month to uh Mississippi line something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's about one hundred miles one hundred and ten miles.
Speaker 2: Taken, so it's a good location.
Speaker 3: And and and and and to jump back real quick, what Jeff's some right on that meet and greet. That fifty dollars for that meat. Great covers your your meal ticket the events that night. But our regular ticket to get in the door is the same as it was last year. We kept that low.
Speaker 2: Ten dollars for adults and five for children under twelve.
Speaker 3: So people really like that they can get in the door with a family of four for you know, thirty bucks and still have plenty of money to spend with the vendors. And speaking of vendors, sixty vendors this.
Speaker 1: Year, sixty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our main goal is for them to spend money at with our vendors. That's our goal is cheap at the front door, and they can spend their money inside with our guys, with our vendors. That's what we want to and that worked out pretty good last year.
Speaker 1: I know that I've talked to a few people that attended last year's festival, and everybody loved it. Everybody had a good time that I spoke to. You, guys are doing an awesome job at throwing this thing.
Speaker 3: Well, we we appreciate that, Matt. Last year, Uh, it was in April last year we decided to do this and uh so we had a little time to prepare and little did we know how fast it comes for the next year, and we got more speakers and uh we got speakers from the west coast all the way to the east coast. I'll let Jeff name the speakers off and we're very excited about those. And a lot of these people that's listening will probably know who they are. And I'm sure you will, Matt, Jeff, you want to you want to give the list away?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got Eli Watson with small Town Monsters. I've done a lot of production with Seth Reid Love and Courtney and them with small Town Monsters.
Speaker 2: Uh. We got tied Heats out of Arkansas.
Speaker 4: Another guy's been around, a lot of books, a lot of movies, a lot of documents. Uh, terry stuff. Uh, You've got Amy Amy Boo Boo is with the Zoo Project and also attached to the Olympic Project out in Washington State. And we know and we got our feature is Ron Moorehead. Uh, he's our our feature guy. I have you ever heard of Sierra Sounds.
Speaker 2: It's going to be incredible. It's going to be incredible. And we also got more that come on right at the last. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Chester Moore from Beaumont, Texas.
Speaker 2: So exciting, very excited.
Speaker 1: That is an amazing lineup. I'm a I'm a fan of everybody. You mentioned. Chester was actually on the show not too long ago. He's been around. Yeah, he's been around for probably longer than I have. And then of course, you know, Todd is a staple in the community. He's spoken at so many conferences, been in so many documentaries. Ron Moorehead absolute legend amy. I can't speak highly enough of her. She's an amazing person, does a tremendous amount for the Bigfoot world and is very humble about it. And then Eli, Yeah, Eli is someone that I want to have on this show. I just need to reach out to him, hopefully he'll come on. I've been wanting to pick his hear for a while. He's an awesome guy.
Speaker 4: You know, we had Shane Carson from the Olympic Project. What's gonna come but family issues? So he said, look, he called and said, dude, I got Pat and I said, dude, I understand. We there's no problem. So we'll have We probably get him next year. We're looking at Ronnie LeBlanc for next year. So if anybody's listened that would like to be a speaker at our event next year, please contact me or Carl and we'll throw your you know your name in the hat. And like Carl said, it get it gets here before we know it. I mean I've been working on it, and so is Carl since the day we left last year. By thirty days, I was already, you know, talking and getting the vendors lined up for this year. And last year's vendors actually paid that Saturday's look, and everybody made money, man, everybody, all my vendors made they made money. They just made so much money was crazy. And they come to me and said, can we pay for next year up front? I said sure, So a lot of them paid their fee for next year, which is one hundred and fifty dollars. Anybody wants to pull a table up it's one hundred and a half for a ten by ten area.
Speaker 1: That's a good size.
Speaker 2: Yesized days that Tristan's free.
Speaker 4: Table and two chairs or can bring whatever you want to put in that ten by ten It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's it's worked out pretty good this year.
Speaker 4: We actually I've been turning away vendors from last week. I just I just don't have room for them. So we're excited. It's gonna be a blast.
Speaker 1: Now, did you guys get any leads from last year's festival?
Speaker 2: We did, We did.
Speaker 3: There was a young lady that I knew her previously, and I knew there was some activity around their property goes back many, many decades, and that's one of the stories I was want to share with you tonight. She had called me and confided in me something that was going on. And I won't give her name for her own for own reason, but if you got a minute, I'd be glad to share the story that she shared with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Well, it actually started when she was a child, and she lives right on the edge of the Casanchi National Forest. Their property pretty much backs up to it, and when she was a child, they had a cabin and her dad would tell her when she wrote her bike down that dirt road, don't don't right after dark because of the Bookers.
Speaker 2: And she never really thought much about it.
Speaker 3: And as she got older, you know, started asking about that. He explained what the Bookers were, and he had seen them several times on their property and their dirt road was probably about a half a mile to a mile alone back into the woods. And so anyway, as time went on, several people in that area had encountered and it wasn't something that people call about. And I'm sure you're aware of that, Matt piece. Some people just will not talk about this subject, right And uh, anyway, I had heard about stuff like that down in that area, and that Doneloaded investigation never really got involved too much down there is It was more hush hushed. But she called me several months back, well, I say several months about two months ago actually, and uh, she said, Carl, I've got some I need to talk about, you know, And I said, okay. She said I had an incident last and I said, well, if you don't mind to share that with me, and she did, and she said that she got out and she started walking her dog. It was about dust dark, and well their prophi is that, uh, there's a bridge there, and that bridge is out, so there their road dead ends and they're right at the end by the bridge, and the cabin I spoke about earlier is probably about a mile and a half to the woods, which has completely growed over her dad's path and everything.
Speaker 2: So that's all what he does. And she had told me that there was.
Speaker 3: A terrible, terrible smell. Bro She said, the dog noticed at first, you know how a dog will react to something.
Speaker 2: They is stiffing up.
Speaker 3: And she said, the dog stiffing up, and then she called the smell and she looked at a tree line and she could see a shadow. Really couldn't see more than the shadow, but it scared her enough that she got the dog on her back inside and her husband wasn't home, the children weren't home, kit they were there by themselves, and so she will, you know, went on the bed. She dia had a feeling. She knew what it was, but didn't think much about it, you know, because she.
Speaker 2: Grew up around that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, later that afternoon or that night, and lady got dark.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the exact time.
Speaker 3: I think she said around eleven or so. She heard something hit the side of the cargo trailer that was in their front yard. You know, one of the box cargo trailers slammed the hand against it or something that made a loud noise, and it frightened her. The dogs started barking. They've got several animals in the back started acting up, and then she heard it come up to the house and it hid on the side of the house. And she was so scared. She never had any of them violent like that that, he said. She actually got up under the bed and called her daughter, and her daughter said, Mama, you need to call the police. And she said, I don't want to talk any longer. I'm afraid it will hear me. She was that the dog. She had the dog under the bed with her, so she'd got the dog quiet. The animals outside was still making a little noise.
Speaker 2: Well, our daughter.
Speaker 3: Called nine one one and had the church department to come out there to her property. And when they arrived, you know, everything was calm. They took them probably good thirty minutes to get there. She's pretty far out and uh, they looked around, couldn't find nothing, nothing like that, so they they left and the rest of the night. Her husband showed up a little bit later and that after Nina and uh that night and it was fine when she called me the next day. So the following day, me and a couple of guys from our group went down there, and uh, we could see where the impressions by the cargo trailer. The grass was tall. There had been mode yet where something had pressed down on that. And on the side of the cargo trailer there wasn't a dent.
Speaker 2: You know how.
Speaker 3: A flat surface will get like a dust cover over it, you know, just setting well, you could see like we looked like fingernail marks like the drug his finger nails down the side of the cargo trailer and left a little white lines, you know, digging through the little and uh, upside our house, the ground was pressed down there. It was all grassy, sudden that it there was no tracks. So that's that's really verified what she was saying. Something wasn't outside and she thinks it it was one of these creatures which.
Speaker 2: They grew up calling the boogers down there.
Speaker 3: And Uh, anyway, so me and the guys decided to go out there at night and we went out there and set up some game cams and stayed out there probably till midnight. We didn't get no activity, didn't have anything happened. We called it a night. I left the cams out for about a week or two. Nothing popped up. And till recently, which fast forward now like say two months, she had called me and she said I had the strangest thing happen to me. I said, what was it? And she told me, she said, we went outside and our ghosts and they have four goats and they have some you know, some dogs. And this part was really really strange. Are into me. But somehow the goats ended up inside the dog pins, and the dog pins like a you know, ten by twelve twelve to twelve dog cans, and she said they didn't put them in there anyway. She let the coats out and got to looking around and back by their barn, which is probably about forty or fifty yards behind their house, there were some small tracks.
Speaker 2: They weren't really defined.
Speaker 3: We we cast what we could men men Mark did and it was.
Speaker 2: You really couldn't make it out.
Speaker 3: It sort of looked like a small print me and it didn't show any claws, but we weren't really sure what it was.
Speaker 2: Jeff.
Speaker 3: Jeff's got an idea. He's thinking maybe bear. But and that may be the issue. But none of the animals were disturb That was our big issue. They've got, like I say, they've got some goats, and they've got a pig and you know, just general farm animals, you know, nothing, And none of them was disturbed. But there were several little, small looking tracks, and some of them you can make out the toe prints. So I'm thinking if it was a big foot, maybe it was just some small ones coming there to you know, mess with animals. I don't know, But nothing else has happened since then. That's been We went down a couple of weeks ago and got those.
Speaker 1: Did you happen to check on top of the trailer? You know?
Speaker 2: We did not.
Speaker 3: I never even thought about that, but that would have that would have made a lot of sense, But we did not. Uh, it was just a normal six foot cargo trailer. But I did not get I wish I had now that you mentioned that.
Speaker 1: And and do you happen to know what her husband does for work?
Speaker 3: Well, he is he is actually self employed. Oh he's he's not home all all the time. But he did get in late that night. I'm not sure what he was doing. I know he has his own little business doing something other. And but she was there by herself, and I explained to her, which I think she already knew, is that, you know a lot of times these creatures will come around a house when there's no one home but the female.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But but she did see the shadow out by the edge of whids and she had seen that before, but as the little girl growing up and that she'd become a young woman. You know, she actually had a siding before, and many people in that community had. But like she told me, everybody's hush hush. They don't want nobody, i think, ridiculing them or boking around, poking around exactly, looking around down there.
Speaker 2: So it's pretty tight lip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for people who who you know a lot of people just listen to these podcasts and stuff, and they question some of the reasons, why on earth would somebody keep their mouth shut. Let me tell you something. My aunt used to have a place up in Missouri outside of a little town called Weston, and she didn't really she wasn't necessarily against the idea of bigfoot existing but she wasn't fully on board. You know. She would ask me questions about it and stuff, and I've talked to her a little bit about her a little bit over the years. I don't think I've ever just told the full story. But at one point she called me and started asking me a bunch of Bigfoot questions, and I was like, well, yeah, they do this and they do that. You know, why, what's going on? Well, she thought her property might be haunted. It was a really old farmstead and she had some weird stuff going on. But everything she was describing to me sounded like Bigfoot stuff. Now, I never went public with her story at that point in time or anything like that. She wasn't in the bigfoot world at all. She wasn't even on the internet, I don't think. Well. She ended up calling me back a couple months after that to ask me if I knew these two guys that showed up on her property knocking on the door wanting access to it because they wanted to do some Bigfoot research on her property. And these two guys, I'm not going to say who they were, but they were active in the Bigfoot community on the internet and everything. They were part of an organization up there, and they had just been in the area scouting for new areas to go and ended up hearing about her property or whatever. And there was I think, like a neighbor that they were investigating their property or whatever. So whenever people do tell these stories, it's not far fetched at all for them to be concerned about people coming and poking around, because it happens all the time. My aunt didn't even go public with her story, and it happened to her. And I've heard countless stories, and I'm sure you guys have heard stories too about people showing up wanting to go on somebody's property or something because they heard that they got boogers on their property.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, many times, many times.
Speaker 3: You know, something you just said there reminded me of something happened when I was a kid. I hadn't even thought about it till you said haunted. And my mom told me this story because I heard of telling my dad. I couldn't have been more than I don't know, five or six, and I heard it many times. As I got older, they'd retell it. My dad built a house we lived in in a small community of Florine, Louisiana, which is about forty miles south of where I'm at now in Naketish, And this was late fifties, probably fifty five fifty six. They built that, and my grandmother's house was about a half a mile through the woods, nothing but a trail.
Speaker 2: At that time to my grandma's house.
Speaker 3: And they would sit on the front porch as many people did back in those days, in the evening time, and my dad had lumber stacked up where he was building the house, and they would hear popping, slap slap every once in a while. Well, my grandpa told my dad said, I think somebody's trying to steal your We need to go up there. And they went up there, couldn't find nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That happened a couple of times. Never didn't find nothing. Never even thought about any kind of tracks or nothing like that. I didn't see nothing. Anyway, the house got built and I was I think this is before I started school, and I was born in sixty four, so I had to be no more four or five back then. But anyway, my mom, I remember her telling my dad this story that she said, I think this house we built is haunted. She said, I know, which was my grandfather gave him the land. She said, but I think this house is haunted. He said, why do you say that, She said, because when I'm here with Carl, I hear something running up down the roof of this house. And the house was probably we were probably fifty yards to the woods in the wooded area, you know, lived the way out of the country down a dirt road.
Speaker 2: And she said, I think it's haunted.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they never even had an inkling of about a Bigfoot. I remember stories of people saying about an old wild man lived in the woods, which you know, some people called bigfoot. That back then, I thought that they were talking about some homeless man living in the woods. So I'm assuming, and you know, I may be wrong, but they never seen it. But my mom, to the day she passed, would tell you that story that something would run up down the roof when Daddy's at work. Yeah, and I only do it when she was there by herself.
Speaker 1: Huh. Yeah. I think that happens a lot. I think a lot of people just automatically go to one thing that they think, you know, might exist, and that's usually the places. But the stuff is happening outside. It's to the inside.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's right.
Speaker 1: Jeff, I wanted to ask you, do you think sightings and encounters are kind of ramping up? Do you get more reports now than you used to?
Speaker 4: You know, I we watched the internet and you know, YouTube and stuff. You it seems like that everybody's kind of easing up since it's coming out, So everybody's kind of wanting to share this story.
Speaker 2: Not for the money deal or the thing, but.
Speaker 4: You know, you just keep stuff batted up inside and you want to tell people. You just don't want to act stupid or be called an idiot or whatever. But I think it's kind of easing up, Carl. I mean, we hear a lot of stuff that we wouldn't hear, and Internet is just full of it. I mean it's everywhere. So yeah, I think it is d of getting And look, everybody's got bigfoot merch. Hobby lobby where we live at has got a ton of bigfoot stuff.
Speaker 2: I went in.
Speaker 4: Tractor Supply. They got bigfoot t shirts. And that's that tells you right there that everybody's kind of, you know, getting on the manwagon, so to speak. That uh, and I know it's money bigfoots money.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, I tell yeah, it's kind of easing up. People's kind of saying, Okay, I want to tell on the story now.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you're exactly right. It is become a a money thing, you know, from the beef jerky commercials to the all kinds of stuff. But but back for what you said about encounters, I think yes, there are more encounters, uh that people are having only because a lot of people are moving out of the cities into the country side and uh, there's them. Here's a big timber industry. I'm sure it is where you're at as well. But we have a big timber industry, you know. And and I think it's no different than than deer or any other animal. I believe is that you know, when something's being done in their area, they have to move. And then when they move, I think it is normally when they get signed.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: There was another report we had back in December of last year.
Speaker 2: I forty nine runs through the the.
Speaker 3: State of Louisiana from north to south and a naked Ish is exit one for those that are coming to the festival.
Speaker 2: But anyway, two exits up.
Speaker 3: There was a couple coming I want to say, from Shreveport, and they were taking a cut off road going to a small community over down Marthaville is a wally area somewhere. And now I don't know exactly where they were going, but I know they were going to a wedding. And they took Highway four eighty seven and the ones that are here's this podcast. We know where I'm talking about. And this was told to me by another gentleman. And they took forty seven because it actually cuts off probably ten fifteen miles on the drive they were going to. And it's just a two lane black top road. And they've been on the road maybe a mile and you get into the wooded area and there's a field cross there and it goes down into a bottom they call halls break. And these people said they were coming along. It was already it already got dark or getting close to dark, heather like on and this creature ran across the road, jumped the fence down into.
Speaker 2: That bottom they call halt tray.
Speaker 3: And he was telling me about this, and we still haven't found out who the couple is. We were still trying to locate them to, you know, to hear the actual come from them, but Hall's Break has a lot of activity through the years. I was in line at Walmart, of all places, just about two weeks before this incident happened. And anyway, that guy in front of me turned around and said, aren't you one of the guys that helped put on that big Foot festival. I said yeah, he said, I was there. It was really good. He said, you got a minute. I said, yeah, sure. You know, I'm working like Walmart. You know how long that takes. Heeded. He proceeded to tell me a story about when he was I think twelve or fourteen years old. He was hunting and he said, I was hunting in Hall's Break and he said, I was down in this creek bottom whirl Honey. He said, you know, it had rained in a while, so the bottom of the creek was He said, I was walking through the bottom of that creek because you know, it's pretty clear down there. And said you could see them scrolls jumping the trees above you. And he said, I kept hearing this rustling up on the bank. He said, I didn't think much about it. Probably was a rabbit or something, or you know, maybe a squirrel on the ground. You know, he kept looking anyway as he walked along. He's like that rustling was just sort of fall along with him, but he never could see nothing. Didn't scare him, he said. He said, well, I decided to climb up on the bank and just see if I could see it. It was he was walking, so the rustling was on his right. So he climbed up on the left bank of the creek and looked across. So he climbed up on there, he said, and he said, I seen this stump sitting in there, and said it was dark brown and black, just perfectly.
Speaker 2: This is stump, said, look like a stuff.
Speaker 3: It's probably he said, you know, forty fifty feet across there be where that stump was. He said he couldn't see nothing on the ground making that noise. And he said, all of a sudden, that stump stood up. And he said, he don't know how tall it was. He was a you know, twelve fourteen year old boy him six foot would have been tall. But he said it stood up and scared him so bad. He said he just took off running and he said, I didn't know what it was. Then he said, I know what it was now, I know what it is now, he said, I didn't back then, but that was you know, two incidents about Hall's Break, one more recent one. This was probably thirty years prior to that, and a couple of members of our group were out in that area just doing some research on their own one afternoon.
Speaker 2: I'll send you these pictures. Man. They come across on a logging road, a track.
Speaker 3: It's the ground was hard, but you can see just like three toes the bottle of the foot and part of the hill. And they didn't have a measuring tape, so they just laid a dollar bill down there and that thing was probably I'm guessing fifteen sixteen feet inches long at least. Where were they at they were in Hall's Break. The Hall's Break's had a few incidents. I had another story. Another gentleman told me about his nephew that had an incident seen up one of the creatures run on the edge of a hay field and he was deer, honey. This is, you know, probably fifteen years ago. So and then within the last eight months, I've had three stories about Hall's Break and they found a footprint about a month ago, so there's definitely.
Speaker 1: Something going on.
Speaker 3: We're planning to get together and go down there and check things out and see what we can come up with, do a little investigation in Hall's break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it cools off mat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's the key right there, when it cools off.
Speaker 2: One hundred and nine here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Mosq Mosquit is as big as birds around here.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, you know.
Speaker 1: I know there's a lot of people that think one of the reasons that these things are so hard to find or get evidence of is because they migrate and they move through areas that what you were just talking about. I don't think they do. I think if they don't need to leave an area, they stay put because you have areas like that that seem to have sightings for generations, not just years, but decades in the same general area.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think partially in as they say, there's no one an expert, right, I think they don't migrate, But I think they travel in circles.
Speaker 2: I really do you know, sort of like like a deer does you.
Speaker 3: Know that they'll make a diameter and they just circle around and h That's why sometimes I think you see them are getting more reports in the fall than you do in the summer or just the opposite, or in this in the spring, you know, or you know, just it depends where they're at. And that's that's my opinion.
Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they actually travel. Whether that's the fact, I don't know. But I'm like you, I don't believe they migrate either.
Speaker 1: Well, You've got so many areas where it's like, yeah, they come through here every X amount of days or X amount of weeks or you know whatever, and it's just like you're saying, they're just doing a big loop. There is a place down in Texas where they were basically relocating back and forth for about a ten mile stretch, just going from one lake north to the other lake and then back south to the other lake. And it was just this cycle that they would just repeat every few months.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's all they're doing it for? Like a food source? They you know, plenished the food.
Speaker 2: One area and then they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. Uh years ago. I don't even remember how I stumbled across it, but I stumbled across these maps. I was probably looking for topo maps, but I found these maps that are put out by the something or other department. I'm trying to remember the name of the department, but it's US government, and it's called an ecoregions map. And basically these maps have different layers, and each layer is broken down into more individual layers. So what it's looking at instead of state borders or anything like that, even topography, it's looking at regions of ecosystems. So you might have like a grasslands area and a bottom lands area. And if you took these maps and laid them over a Bigfoot sighting map, the areas that had the most reported sightings the biggest clusters. I'll just use southeastern Oklahoma. You know that whole region right there where you got Oklahoma and Louisiana and Arkansas and Texas all kind of converging. It had the highest density of ecoregions different ones. And that's also the area that has the most reported sightings of Bigfoot activity in Oklahoma. I mean, it was almost perfect. And so I started thinking about that. And if you look at areas that have these different ecosystems, where one area meets another area, so it can be a river bottom, it can be a meadow going into a hill country or mountains or whatever. In those areas, you usually have signs of Bigfoot, and those areas also have different food sources, different water sources, different mineral content, And I started thinking about, well, you know, kind of makes sense if you're a larger creature like that, I would assume you would need a higher calorie intake, and it makes more sense to travel through an area instead of just like sitting in one spot and just decimating whatever food sources you've got. So you're constantly moving through these different ecoregions, so you're running across different forms of food, different places to get your water and all that, and you're not depleting any of the sources.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if you think about that, that makes total sense with with any kind of species or in you check a cattle farmer that raises cattle, I mean, they'll they'll let them graze on one pasture and then they'll move them to another because it takes time to regenerate that that pasture, right, you know, so you would think animals would be the same way. You know, they're not going to stay and deplete their their food source completely or because if they did that, they would bet up. But I would think if they are circling to circle back, you know, so it takes time to repopulate, or you might say.
Speaker 1: That area, Well, if you're talking about you know, whatever it is. You know, let's just use blackberries for instance. Not all of them all turn ripe at once. You know, you might have some ripe ones and if you come back and a week later, you'll have more ripe ones to eat. So it might be something much more simple like that. But either way, yes, I think they just kind of circle through these territories for whatever reason. It doesn't make much sense to me to cut across country and go to some area where you have no idea. If you're going to be able to find food or water or anything else, and you're exposing yourself to being seen the.
Speaker 2: Whole time, that makes total sense. You know.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like the if y'all follow the news about that officer that was put in jail and he escaped and he went into the wilderness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, devil of the those arks.
Speaker 2: I will love those arts exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, most criminals or anybody else, if they've got transportation, they would have the hotel out of there.
Speaker 2: But he knew there was resources in those woods that he could survive on for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so I would think animals are are the same way. They just like you said, why would they migrate across country when they know there's there's plenty of resources right here right there, you know, even though they're not escaping nothing. But you know, humans themselves just tying to avoid detection. But it's amazing to me some of the stories you hear about and read about. Uh, these animals act a lot like humans do. Yeah, a lot of people say they're very intelligent, and I think they are as well. I don't know that for a fact. But to remain this hidden for these hundreds of years or how many years they've been on this planet amongst has had a guy just yesterday I was putting out water the flyers for the festival. He said, do you believe in Bigfoot? I said, well, sure, don't you? And he said, well, I never really thought about it. I said, well, well I look at it. Thousands of reports are reported every year, and I'm sure there's that meaning that's not reported. Everybody can't be imagining something or not telling the truth. Somebody seeing something. So that's how I see it, somebody seeing something.
Speaker 1: Jeff, You guys got a what I consider a pretty broad range of belief systems whenever it comes to your speakers at the festival, which makes total sense. But where do you stand with all this? Do you think these things are just an undiscovered primate species or do you buy into the stories of mind speak and portals and all that.
Speaker 2: I'll let you go first on that, Jill.
Speaker 4: Well, I know Ron, I know, Ron Moorheage's gonna probably bring that up because he's in that UFO Bigfoot I think, and the orbs now.
Speaker 2: Thinking that kind of stuff. So I'm open minded.
Speaker 4: You know, they've hidden, they've been hidden from us for you know, for a thousands of years.
Speaker 2: Probably I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't not believe in it, but I don't believe in it, you know, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of in between. I'm open minded. Could it could be? It could happen. Uh, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not a non believer and I'm not a believer.
Speaker 1: Have you had any personal experiences where something weird was going on that you just can't explain?
Speaker 4: I mean, I've seen the orbs and you know in the woods hunting. I'm a big hunter, big fisherman.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Now I'm in law, was in law enforcement for twenty years or thirty years, and also in the military for over twenty years. So yeah, I've seen a lost of crazy stuff that I didn't really ponder on them.
Speaker 2: It was just you know, if or popped up a little.
Speaker 4: Light or something running around and you're looking at them like which you know, I didn't think about.
Speaker 2: It didn't across my mind. It could have been an alien in that or you know, or whatever.
Speaker 4: So you know, I don't know. I'd like to comment about the migration thing if I could. Yeah, of course, tracking, but I think it depends on where they're at. If they're in the mountains, uh, and their primary food is elk and deer, they're going to migrate to the lower areas, and then we're not talking about not a long long way, but you know, elk will travel to another state or a pretty good ways, a way to get away from the weather.
Speaker 2: So if they're primary.
Speaker 4: And it would be their prime married in the wintertime because no other plants, you know, the berries are growing, all that kind of stuff, Plants are dead, so their meat source is moving. If they're gonna survive, they're gonna move with it, you know, either from the Rockies down to down New Mexico, getting lower down and getting the where they elk are at, and then going back up.
Speaker 2: I really believe that.
Speaker 4: If their main if they're in Florida and Louisiana, we really don't I guess the stuff dies here. If they're really feeding on herbs or grass or berries and that kind of stuff, I think, But I think, really think it depends on where they're actually living at. If they're in the mountains, they're gonna have to come down and go with the feed the food, and I think berries are a big part.
Speaker 2: Of it, and they're gonna go with They're gonna go.
Speaker 4: With the berries are growing, you know, if that's what their primary source is, are fish or whatever.
Speaker 1: I've heard that from a lot of guys that I'm friends with out in the Pacific Northwest about them going up and down in elevations, kind of migrating through during the year, following the food sources like that. So yeah, I would agree with that totally.
Speaker 4: Another thing is do they store their food. I think they're intelligent they do. They store food. They kill enough elp to get them through the winter because it's not going to run.
Speaker 2: It's it's frozen. Are they what they? You like?
Speaker 4: The Native Americans and gatherers, and they'd grag enough food into their shelters to stay them through the winter months.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's something definitely to think about. I haven't really given that much thought over the years, come to think of it, about storing food like that. I've definitely heard weird stories about people finding bone piles and yeah, you know, some kinds of dead animals. Even. I think there was a story about some ducks being stacked up one time, and and they're always in these stacks too, which is kind of kind of strange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, kind of like the rocks finding rocks and no where's back on top of each other. If you find an elk, are several elk in one area that's been killed, it's pretty rare. Yeah, they either the and now our bearers know it's not going to drag it. He gonna eat it right there. You may cover it up and come back, and so with the big cats. But what if the if they do kill an elk and they drag it to a certain location and they just dismember it or whatever and leave everything there and go up to their cave or wherever they're staying and hold it up. That could be a sign where you know, they're dragging their their kill area or their their procession station.
Speaker 2: I guess you could call it. Yeah, that's an idea. I never never heard anybody.
Speaker 4: Are you say anything about maybe they stored for the winter much you know, maybe I don't want to they don't want to travel, they're scared to be seen, and they can hoard their food up and get them through the winter. Why not uncle down and.
Speaker 2: Right through it.
Speaker 1: Have you guys found any of these what people call glyphs, these little stick patterns on the ground.
Speaker 2: I have, I haven't found any.
Speaker 3: I've I've come across the broken trees, the twisted you know, limbs, but never no pattern on the ground that was to me.
Speaker 2: That's i't ordinary.
Speaker 3: I've come across what some people call them eggs in the woods, but uh, you really, I don't know if that means anything, but uh, you know, you just gotta be careful there because you know, there is dead fault that will fall weird ways. But when you get three or four that's crisscrossed and weaving into each other, that's a little different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you know it is something that people bring up from time to time. It's not something that I ever even looked for or you know, or even thought to look for. I did have a couple of friends that found a few weird things, you know, that kind of fit that description over the years. But man, it's just so strange, all of it.
Speaker 3: It is goes back to what the young lady was telling me about our goats being in the dog fin. Some people thinks that may be crazy, but I've heard other stories about how they'll they'll open up a chicken pan and get one chicken out, or they may get one rabbit out and then close the gate and lock it back, you know. And so I mean, just this one gentleman talk told me about he caught him a monkey. He's seen the monkey jump over his since after he got a chicken, you know. So but you know, I think that they do some strange stuff. That's why I think they're intelligent to stay elusive fits they have all these years, you gotta have some kind of thought pattern. It's it's not like your typical animal that would you know, come up to a a chicken pen and you know, knaw through the wire. If they take time to go through the gate. There's there's some thoughts and they've seen how you open that gate, you know, talk to unlock a door or even a monkey, you know, so they I think they've observed some things and that's how they figure out how to do. That's like a gun, I think, you know, I think they don't know what a gun is, but I think they know what it makes noise and normally what it points at.
Speaker 2: It falls down once he hears the noise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, Hey, I got a question con goes what we're talking about gifting. We all think about that when you put out something and get something in return at a gifting spot.
Speaker 1: Oh Jeff, you're you're not supposed to ask me questions.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think, okay, you can ask that question. Mat Yeah, well, well check check this out.
Speaker 3: I got a cat as a cat that wandered up to the house and it never left. And uh anyway, uh talking about gifting, and this cat brought a dead squirrel up on my porch and left it.
Speaker 2: And how do I know the cat did that?
Speaker 3: Because my dog's inside and when I come outside and found the cat stays outside. When I come inside outside and found the squirrel, the cat was sitting by the squirrel like, Hey, this is what I brought you.
Speaker 2: You know, Yes, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he was saying thank you for getting me out of the you know some you know, surviving feed me and stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But I've never done gifting with with these creatures at all, and I ain't said I won't, but I've never had the opportunity to do that.
Speaker 2: But I've heard a lot of people talk about doing it, yes, and have done it. It works.
Speaker 1: I have heard a lot of stories and I have heard a handful of stories about gifting where I'm on board with the idea that Bigfoot is the one that was doing it, because to me, you got to get to that point first. You can't just leave a jar peanut butter out in the woods and then come back a month later and the jars gone and say Bigfoot did it. A lot of people do, a lot of people do, right, But there are some situations where it definitely seems like to me that it was Bigfoot leaving the item or taking the item. Now, as far as gifting is concerned, the actual idea of it being a gift, I think that's something that we put on it. I don't necessarily believe that Bigfoot sees it as a gift of some kind or anything like that. It's just how we're interpreting it with our human brains trying to explain what's going on. I don't think it's necessarily any different than them coming into camp while you're asleep and taking a loaf of bread or something. I think, especially with food items, but you know, I've heard it with other items too. I had one guy on the podcast that I don't have any explanation for this one. He said that he took pictures of things like images of Bigfoot, if I remember correctly, like photographs not of Bigfoot, but of like drawings and stuff that looked like Bigfoot, and put them in a certain order. There was multiple photos, and then buried those in the ground, very shallow at this spot where he's done gifting over the years, and that he would come back and uncover the photos and they would all be there, but they would be in a different order. Strange, yeah, strange.
Speaker 3: You would think either somebody saw him do it, or something's going on, or some people would think, you know, you're dealing with a paranormal Then as well, there's so many, you know, I guess that would sort of tie back in your question earlier. What we think these creatures are. I mean, till someone brings in a body, we never really going to know.
Speaker 2: But I think they're flesh and blood. I really do.
Speaker 3: I think they're just a flesh and blood animal that needs to survive and it's just finding a way to do that and stay elusive. You know, just like where I live, there's bear out here, and I've seen one bear in the last twenty.
Speaker 2: Five years that I've lived here.
Speaker 3: But there's people find bear tracks out of this are in these woods all the time, but they don't ever see the bear. Maybe it's you know, there's more fewer bear. Maybe I don't know, but I think these I think they're flesh and blood.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we're looking forward to.
Speaker 3: The festival, man, we are if you guys, you know, you guys want to come out of September the sixth the Naketish Events Center.
Speaker 2: The doors open at nine am.
Speaker 3: We're all day, six great speakers, over sixty vendors, lots of bigfoot stuff and we do got a a really surprised we can't talk about yet about uh and we just say a big foot's going to be there. Let's put it like that, all right, Yeah, A big one, A big one, A big one, big one.
Speaker 2: So we really can't give out a lot of details.
Speaker 3: So that's uh, that's that's gonna be a big surprise one of when when you when you walk.
Speaker 2: Through the door.
Speaker 3: So we're looking for that, and one of our local vendors is uh putting that together and they have a big production deal down here. I'll give them a plug. It's called Dark Woods and Queen. They have their Halloween things starts in Halloween and it's just amazing. It's if you like, well, like you said, you're walking through the woods and it's a Halloween tree. So if you're down in this air in that area and you want to check them out, come on down because it's exciting. But but yeah, yeah, we're excited. We'd love to get you down here, man. That's an if you're ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someday hopefully it will happen. Is there a place where people can buy tickets online or get information online?
Speaker 3: It is an olive Jeff descrub he's been helling that more than me. Jeff, Are you still on the line with us?
Speaker 5: Yeah, go to louis Nakatish Louisiana Bigfoot Festival on Facebook and there's a page there we can buy entry feed money, you can pay to get in and you can.
Speaker 2: Buy a t shirts, posters.
Speaker 4: All our merch is on there, but you have to get You have to buy a entry ticket to get pushed on to the merchandise. So you just can't go buy merchandisee. You got to go buy a ticket to get in and then they'll go to the merchandise section so you can do a package deal, and that's what we're pushing. We've got a hotel right across from the event center that is given a little better deal if you it's got that French name Carl Hunter called Chatala or something like that.
Speaker 2: Stani.
Speaker 4: But anyway, if you go check the internet, you go, the internet will tell you about that.
Speaker 2: Also, if you.
Speaker 5: Got any questions, they can call me at three one eight five, five four eight nine nine two.
Speaker 4: You got any questions, Come on people, we ready. We want three thousand people.
Speaker 2: To show up.
Speaker 1: Well, fellas, I appreciate you coming on here and sharing a few stories and talking about the event. Sounds like it's going to be another good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we appreciate you for allowance to come home this year and last year.
Speaker 2: Of course, appreciate you absolutely.
Speaker 3: A lot of people that they heard our radio, our podcast last year we mad and they were excited about it, and a lot of them are we're excited to uh hear that we were going to be back on here again this year. So we're just excited that you would think well enough of us us to have us back and have us promote this advance.
Speaker 2: And thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Oh, of course appreciate you. If you go to the festival, will be sure to tell them Bigfoot Crossroads inn you. And if you've had your own encounter with Bigfoot or something else you can't explain, email me at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfoot Crossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, merchandise, past episodes, everything you need all in one place. And until next time, I remember there's something in the woods.