Speaker 1: So, people are backing away from the mic. They're backing away from 2020. They're backing away from their progressive politics. It's so weird to me. On the one hand, you've got these democratic socialists who are winning, right? And then you have the corporate wing of the democratic party, the James Carvels and such who say, oh, well, we have to, we have to pivot back to Joe Biden politics, something unthreatening and moderate so that we can win. Although I don't know where the proof is that that causes you to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You But it's confusing to me because at the same time that you see people, what I call progressive posers, folks pretending to be democratic socialists when their voting record doesn't show that, the sort of Timu Mamdani phenomena, everybody wants to be the mayor of New York, but nobody's willing to take the real positions of the mayor of New York. At the same time, you have In Florida, which would seem the most unlikely of places to elect an Angie Nixon, or at least get her through in the primary, a black woman who is a democratic socialist, at the same time, you have this backing away from the issues. And I'm thinking of our governor, Gavin Newsom, who of course, are broadcasting from California, from the Crenshaw District, California, South LA, Leimert Park. Our governor, who was touted as a progressive and actually had taken some progressive positions and supported some very positive kinds of legislations earlier in his career, now is pivoted. And reparations is the perfect example, right? He He signed the legislation to bring Dr. Shirley Weber's bill to fruition, creating the first task force on reparations for black people, black Americans in the nation, and bringing it across the finish line with a powerful 1,200-page report. Then we see the governor vetoing everything and sort of backing away from those positions in support of reparations. and tempering his image, we could say. And presidential ambitions seem to be the reason, I would say, for that. The U.S. Congresswoman, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, who came, burst onto the scene, overturning a moderate Democrat, an incumbent, a longtime incumbent there in New York, with the label of democratic socialist and an ally of Bernie Sanders. In fact, they did that tour together last year. Now she's saying that woke was crazy. Now she's backing away from the progressive or radical progressive politics that that she came into office on. What is that? And I, you know, I think it's problematic. I know she's thinking of running for president. I get that. And I'm a fan of AOC. Don't get me wrong. I think she's done a great job as a like her politics, not everything, but a lot of her political positions and policies. But the fact that she's now saying backing away from woke, that means, number one, either your principles are shaky, they were never really solid in the first place, or you're an opportunist. Number two, it means that the conservatives, the anti-justice wing of the American body politic, has done such a good job in demonizing woke that you feel you have to distance yourself from woke. What does that mean? Really, it means pronouns. What does that mean? It means calling people what they want to be called. If you want to be called Carl, I call you Carl. If you want to be called Jenny, I call you Jenny. That's basic respect. Now they want to call it wokeness. Treating other people with respect is now wokeness. If you're a he, I call you a he. If you're a she, I call you a she. Who decides that? You, not me. Is that crazy? No, that's just respect. Um, In a recent interview, the congresswoman said, walked back her support of the idea of defunding the police. Well, again, this is a victory for the right and their ability to take things and twist them. Defund the police means taking money out of police budgets and putting it into other things that can keep us safe. Mental health, anti-homelessness programs, Public safety measures like lighting, like community councils, like intervention and prevention efforts. But now she's walking it back. And she says, her explanation is that because during 2020 and COVID, we were willing to entertain a lot more things in the public space. That we were more open to a range of policies. But that those policies are no longer acceptable. Why not? Why not? So she's getting a pat on the back from conservative political strategists like James Carville. like this guy Brent Buchanan, who's quoted in the LA Times, calling her a good politician. And James Carville, who says she can simply say, I'm grown. And people understand that. As if being a democratic socialist or being a progressive or putting forth ideas that some consider radical, like health care for all, is immature or a sign that someone is not fully developed politically. or chronologically, which is just not the case. They're simply different philosophical approaches to solving the same problems. But what you're telling me is that Bernie Sanders hasn't quite grown up yet? Is that your argument? That Angela Davis just needs a few more years to mature, and then she'll stop being an abolitionist? I have to disagree with that. And I don't think, I think we lean into such moderate apologist pablum at the peril of our party. That is not the path to victory. It's the path to being another middle-of-the-road, nothing-burger of a politician.
Speaker 2: 809-20-1580.
Speaker 1: Agree, disagree, or you got another conversation. I'd love to hear from you. 809-20-1580. I'm Dominique DiPrima for KBLA Talk 1580. Absolutely. I do appreciate you on that. I say this and I've been saying it for years, even before these democratic socialists started doing better at the polling that we, the people of We, the people, are where the energy is in this party. We, the progressives, we, the black women, we, the Latino people, we, the progressive people, the young people in the party. Why are we listening? I know, James Carville, legendary, blah, blah, blah. Why are we listening to all these folks that we've already tried their way? If you always do what you've always done, then you always get what you've always got. Yeah, okay, thank you. Thank you for Bill Clinton, LOL, and welfare reform that made more people poor. Thank you for Joe Biden. Thank you for Barack Obama. I mean, I voted for Biden and Obama, but my point is, would I rather have had a more progressive option? Yes. And now we have that possibility, and I'm so tired of it. of hearing these Dems cry about how they can't win in a general election. And then mainstream media piling on with that same dumb narrative. Prove it. Let's prove they can't win in a general election. Let's let Bernie go through the convention. and get the nomination that he deserved. Let's stop kneecapping our own progressives or convincing our progressives like AOC that they need to kneecap or nerf themselves into these sort of, you know, declawed versions of themselves. And I also think that leads to disillusionment on the part of our base, right? Because our base, like I'm a politician, the base, because When you come into office on these lofty, progressive ideas, and then you pivot to being a middle-of-the-road corporate dem, and that happens over and over again, we start to think that we lose faith, we lose hope, we lose the impetus to even move. And to be fair, people that think that Barack Obama pivoted are wrong. He was always a moderate. He ran as a moderate. And we knew what we were getting. We, you know, would I take them over the resident every single day of the week? But what I'm saying is right now we have the opportunity for real progressive change and we need to push the envelope, not back down. All right, let's go to Alegria calling us from Los Angeles. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Dominique. Thank you so much for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. What's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I am mostly just calling to thank you because I appreciate you in this space so much. It's so great to have reason and brilliant thinking on these topics. And it's so refreshing and it's so appreciated. I didn't realize how close we were in our Bernie, in our Bernie love and dedication back in the day. I was definitely a diehard Bernie Sanders, 2016, 2020, like, We should have pushed that omelet long ago, and it's like you just want to shake people. And, you know, it's like the Democratic Party, which I've been a Democrat in forever, really it seems like primarily and intentionally, like they'll do whatever they can to lose. They're like intentional losers because they won't listen to the actual people, the progressive people of their party and beyond who are saying we want something different and we expect something different. And it's difficult and it's sad. So I just appreciate your voice here.
Speaker 1: I mean, and the thing about it is, so what your takeaway is from Angie Nixon winning or your takeaway is from Mamdani winning is that we all need to be, no, we should all be, you know, East Indian or we should all, you know, have locks. It's not, oh, look. Medicare for all is really popular. People need health care. Oh, wow, a public option for grocery stores is super popular because people can't afford stuff. Like, instead of looking at the policies, they want to keep the person and declaw them, take away what people responded to in the first place. We don't love AOC because she's got great lipstick and she's an attractive Latina. We like her because of her policy positions. And that is what I'm objecting to about the party here.
Speaker 3: Yes, agreed, agreed. The focus is always off. We are saying we don't want our money to bomb children in Palestine. We want health care. We want a humane society, and we deserve that our money and taxes and politicians fight for it. and they're unable to hear the things they are so dedicated to their corporate donors and status quo that, you know, they might as well not have ears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's well said, but then to your point about Democrats being dedicated to losing, the ones that are winning are the ones that are bucking the party. They are the Mamdani's. They are the Angie Nixon's. And that's why I'm saying how can you, You want to co-opt that, but once you co-opt it, it doesn't win anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Alegria. I absolutely appreciate the call. She called me at 800-920-1580. I invite you to do the same. We've got Fred from L.A. on the phone. Good morning, Fred. Fred, you with me? Microphone check.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess we have lost Fred, or perhaps he'll call me back. He called at 809-20-1580, 809-20-1580. It seems more dire to me because we do have our midterm elections, and the U.S. Extreme Court has now backed up the resident in limiting mail-in voting. That may seem like a little thing or not a thing to you, But it is a big deal. This is part of a larger plan by the Trump administration to limit voting. And it's not voting for everyone that they want to limit. It's limit voting for you. You, the progressive. You, the woman. You, the black person. You, the Latino that's not, you know, Team FAFO. It's trying to limit progressive voters. It's trying to limit democratic voters. It's trying to limit low income voters. And that is because they want to win. And if you look at, this is the thing that really blew my mind. When I started looking at the way that Republicans are outnumbered all over the country in terms of the number of humans that vote and how they've been able to maintain control of these state houses, the White House, the extreme court and the Congress, even though they don't have the numbers, is really the story of the problems with our democracy, right? It's the manipulation of the maps through gerrymandering. It's the pimping of the electoral college. It's the fact that DC and Puerto Rico do not have statehood when in fact they should. Or if Puerto Rico wants to be independent, be independent, but have a truly representative democracy It's term limits on our Supreme Court. These are the things that have allowed a group of people that do not represent the majority of Americans or the majority of American voters to continue to control so much of the politics of this country. It's a masterclass in undermining democracy. Let's go to Fred. We got him now. Fred from L.A., you're on.
Speaker 4: Okay. Can you hear me now?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: Okay. Now, I want to respond to Adam from the last hour. He's looking for something racist under every rock on the poles that are knocked down on the storm back east. I was a district driver by choice from 1979 to 86 of Palms Overhead. And you only can set one pole. It takes six hours to set a pole. Let me give you, I'm fast. If I came in this morning and some drunk knocked over a pole last night and looked like a toothpick snap, I would put the hardware on the truck, a five-ton stake, go to the pole. The lineman would change everything out, set a new pole, change everything out, put the old stuff back on me. It takes six hours. And then maybe in this emergency situation, they might be able to get to a second poll and do that. But that's a total of a 12, 14 hour day. It takes six hours to set a poll, Dominique.
Speaker 1: Okay, Fred, I'm going to suggest that you go back and listen to that hour again, because Adam is very much a by the book journalist and he actually was only stating facts. He didn't say anything. Any conjecture about race would have been coming from me. What Adam stated were facts that, that, In black areas, it does take longer to get the power back on. That black areas are more likely to have power outages. Those are not opinions. Those were actually facts. And so if you don't like them, you know, that's your prerogative. But they're not coming from Adam Mahoney's opinion. Those are actually supported by data and you can go to capital B news.org and actually read the article or go back. All of my podcasts are available for free wherever you get your podcasts. They're also, they live on YouTube so you can see them any, anytime you want. I don't think he was looking for race. He was just telling us the facts as, as they are reported. And so, yeah, We're fact-based. That's how we do it, Fred. Appreciate the call. We've got news, traffic, and sports. Speaking of facts, then. only right here. And man, as I said, the news cycle is spinning wildly. So I think all of these conversations are important because With the resident of the White House now moving to restrict mail-in voting, and the Supreme Court is backing him on that so far, even though there's another case that still has to move through that may impact it. But basically, they're already signaling they might as well just crown the guy king. But in any case, if we are not motivated to vote because we're all disillusioned by the these sort of, you know, moderate, middle-of-the-road, defanged, not-about-nothing Democrats, then we will continue to lose, even with the president, the residents' approval ratings in the toilet. As those of you who listen to me closely know, I clearly pivoted because our guest for today did not arrive. And so I have one of my homies who is joining me In the clutch here, he's an award-winning journalist, a host, a multidisciplinary artist, and a Harvard-trained scholar in faith, justice, and public life. He's been in the New York Times, NPR, CNN variety, and of course, first things first, Jared Hill. Good morning. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Can I just say that I am honored to be one of the people that you would call in a pinch. So I'm just grateful to be here. So thank you for having me. Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm honored to have you in the phone to call in a pinch. Okay, so there's a lot of things going on. And I was talking about, you know, this whole everyone sort of backing away from woke and AOC renouncing defund the police and, you know, and at the same time, you've got these democratic socialists energizing the party and people winning and bucking the democratic establishment very successfully. And we were talking off the air, at least via text, about the alleged meeting, collaboration, whatever it is, between Hakeem Jeffries and Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law. I'm not quite sure what his title is beyond that. Special envoy of BS. And again, you know, with Hakeem Jeffries, you have someone who who's never been a progressive. He's always been a moderate. He studied at the feet of Nancy Pelosi. But I think it's becoming more pronounced now because of the loud conversation about Gaza.
Speaker 2: So I'm very torn when it comes to the talking Jeffries moment and meeting with Jared Kushner. I think of myself as pretty left. And I come from like a conflict resolution background. You mentioned that I went to Harvard Divinity School. My degree is a master's of religion and public life. And we look at the ways in which a religion kind of operates as a power structure and the ways that we can approach that from our different, if you will. And it's been interesting to me because a lot of that work has been rooted in peace building and conflict resolution research. And so the ways in which we are ever going to resolve these conflicts is going to have to deal with some kind of engagement. And also, I don't like the idea of Jared Kushner sitting down with Joaquin Jeffries for anything.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: And so I'm wrestling with both of those things at the same time, because the things that we want, the things that we want to achieve, the things that we're aiming towards, they're going to require some kind of engagement, right? And one of the books that we focused on in my program was The Moral Imagination, written by John Lederach. And within it, he talks about how peace is not something that happens when you put guns down. Like, peace also requires, like, building. and engagement and working together and having conversations about what each other need, et cetera. And so when I see this moment, and I hear you, right? When I see this moment and these kinds of moments where two people are having a meeting that you wouldn't ordinarily want to see have a meeting, I also have to consider what Hakeem Jeffries' job is and what things are presented to him to say yes or no to and the opportunities that can come from those yeses or nos. And so I don't like how this looks or feels. And I don't even know that I trust that it was really useful. And I have to say, like, if I want to believe in this guy to be able to do his job, even if he's not as, as, as far left as I would like him to be, but I'm, he's the one that I, that I have to work with or support. I have to kind of want to give him a little bit of the benefit of the doubt here. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the, um, Talk show host Risi Colbert made an interesting point, I think, yesterday on Instagram. She was saying, why are we spending so much time criticizing Hakeem Jeffries when we have to beat Republicans in the midterms? We're so busy criticizing, and I'm guilty of this, not that I focus so much on Hakeem Jeffries, but I'm so tired of these corporate, moderate, Democratic, mainstream establishment types telling us that we need to be electable. that I probably spend more time critiquing them than I do critiquing the folks we got to beat in November. So I may be guilty as charged. And she was pointing out that there are thousands of posts about people criticizing Hakeem Jeffries and very few posts criticizing Republicans that we'll be running against in November. What are your thoughts on that, Jarrett?
Speaker 5: Well, I..
Speaker 4: We..
Speaker 2: I've been a journalist for 25 years as of next month. And so our job, thank you. I always say I counted 11th and 12th grade on the newspaper because those years counted.
Speaker 1: I was wondering that, but okay, I'll count those.
Speaker 2: I thought you were doing math in your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I say that because the role of this job is to check power, right? Is to raise the flag and say, hey, this is not right. Or, hey, this is something that's going on. And so I think there is an importance in the critique. that you bring to this moment or to these kinds of situations, that is the job that you have, right? As a journalist, as a progressive, as a liberal, as a leftist, as a person with a voice, with a platform, as a person who is out here doing this every day, right? That is the job. And it's somebody else's job sometimes to be the person who comes in and brings all of these different pieces together to be able to make them useful. And so I don't think it's wrong for you to be checking... King Jeffries in this kind of moment or any of the other Democrats, because as people further to the left, it is our job to continue to pull this coalition left, right? And so like when we had this conversation about the mayor's race or even with the governor's races, right? Ideally, we get two Democrats in each of these roles so that we can pull whoever to the left, that moderate person to the left. And that was the conversation we had going into the midterms here. And so I think it's important I think we just have to figure out, like, what are the things that we want and how do we get them? Because I think that when we look at the Republicans, we see people who are purely after power. They only want power. And whatever it's going to take to get that power, they will do. They will change the rules at a moment's notice. The laws and rules are subject to change without notice.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so, but we are here talking about people. We want to, we want a lot of things more than power and that is more difficult to achieve. And so it's important for all of us to be in this, in this back.
Speaker 4: And forth together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's well said. Let's, let's go to Barbara calling us from Orange County. Hi, Barbara. You're on with Jared Hill and Dominique DiPrima. Welcome.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Dominique. I have three things right quick. Number one, I voted for Bernie in the primary that time too. I wish he'd have won. Number two, When would Dr. Julia Malvo come on? Because there's some really things happening. And number three, can we get Stacey Abrams and hire her to work with a couple of the states to help organize us like she did in Atlanta and flip some stuff and maybe we can get where we need to be?
Speaker 1: I love the way you're thinking, Barbara. Jarrett, you have thoughts for Barbara?
Speaker 2: I'm looking up Stacey Abrams right now. I'm like, I know that Stacey Abrams is doing a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Right, she's busy, right, right, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's not doing anything.
Speaker 4: Dr.
Speaker 1: Malveaux, yes, you know, I have her on speed dial, Barbara, every time I'm confused about economic issues. Like right now, I'm so confused about these tariffs. I thought the court said he had to pay back the tariffs, but now we're imposing tariffs on Canada. So, yes, I can't tell you the exact day, Barbara, but Dr. Malveaux will be back any minute.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the reason why I ask. It's because, I don't know if you know this, but Aliko Dengote in Nigeria just built the largest oil processing plant, which is more than triple what two of the other major plants are doing. And they are going public or they just went public?
Speaker 1: Not tracking it. I will look it up. And when Dr. M comes on, you know, she used to be my professor, the youngest, flyest professor ever. When Dr. M comes up, I will definitely ask her about that oil plant. Thank you, Barbara. I appreciate you. Did you find anything, Jarrett?
Speaker 2: Well, I want to know that she has a show that she's already been doing for quite a while, Stacey Abrams, over on the Cricket Network. And she's really been doing a lot of work of kind of breaking down the ways in which fascism has been rolling out. And so she's The most recent time that I saw her, she was talking about the 10 different points of change that have to be affected to demarcate fascism. I believe that's how it was positioned.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, Barbara's talking about the on-the-ground organizing that she did when she pulled all those voters, you know, and gave them a run for their money for governor and, you know, mobilizing black voters, mobilizing progressive voters, women. This mail-in voting decision by the U.S. Extreme Court, I don't know how exactly it's going to manifest. I know that for me, as soon as I heard it, I said, okay, I won't be voting by mail because it literally means you're putting your ballot into federal custody. And the Supreme Court has said that they can restrict the use of mail ballots. So I don't know how that's going to land exactly. But there are people that don't have any other option. You know what I mean? They're not near a polling place. They're not mobile. It's really worrisome. So I think that's where that's coming from is how do we mobilize people so that no matter how much Republicans cheat, because we can see that they're gearing up to cheat in the midterms, that they lose anyway because the margins are so overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the mail-in ballot piece of this upcoming election is a really frustrating space because it's a place where we can very clearly see that they have created a problem that didn't exist, right? They've also created a narrative around a problem.
Speaker 5: As if it existed, but it didn't.
Speaker 2: We've known that mail-in ballots have been a safe way to vote across the country for, I believe, generations at this point. And so when I think about this story, it frustrates me in that kind of way. And I think that for myself, I always take my ballot that comes in the mail and I go drop it off at the ballot. at the polling place on election day. That's how I've been kind of always worrying through my voting plan, if you will. And right now, we keep saying to people, like, it's very important to, like, have a plan for how you vote. Because as we are approaching this, we can see Los Angeles, you might not be as concerned, but who knows what could be happening. But we know that people are listening to this around the country and around the world. And for those of you that are in other places that are not going to be as we would see it here in Los Angeles, it might be a great idea to start thinking about, like, how do you want to vote? Because as Dominique has put it, we are putting your vote into federal custody and we know what federal custody looks like. We know what that looks like in various different kinds of ways.
Speaker 1: Justice Katandji Brown-Jackson said that this decision, quote, needlessly injects chaos and uncertainty into the upcoming midterm elections. And clearly that's exactly what it's meant to do. So this is, you know, this is a concern. And I think it is, I think Barbara's correct that one of the antidotes to that concern is to mobilize such a tsunami of voters that the cheating doesn't win. I think that's got to be part of it, whether it's Stacey Abrams or Latoya Brown or me or you, the get out the vote effort is going to have to be Herculean. Jared Hill is here with me, filling in in the clutch, pinch hitting today on First Things First. I'm Dominique DiPrima for KBLA Talk 1580. Okay, Republicans, Jared Hill says, their main goal is power. no matter what it takes, uh, Jared Hill and award-winning journalists is joining me for the second part of the hour. Um, does that include writing in the trunks of SUVs and, uh, and you know, yeah, I mean, is, is that, is that what this, of course I'm, I'm referring to the, the, the woman known as the president's binky. Um, Is she, you know, is she after power? Is it a love connection? What is happening with Natalie Harp and the resident of the White House?
Speaker 2: So I've not heard the president's binky. That's a personal memory. But I have heard different kinds of things similar to that. I think the word that the White House has tried to use is like ballet or something like that. Her position is like ballet. very unclear in another way that she kind of spoke about Jared Kushner and the way that this administration and the crime family works. But like, it's interesting to kind of hear Natalie Harp's story. Natalie Harp is someone who is always at the side of the president. She originally was a personality over on one of the conservative networks. And she has really just fawned over the president in ways that don't make any logical sense to me. She's like she has written letters to the president saying that he's the only thing that matters to her. She's now been working in this administration now over the course of two years, and she's the person who kind of gets information to the president, but also spends a lot of time with the president and with him at all times, seemingly. You're talking about her being in the trunk of an SUV because of the way that... I don't remember even how that started to happen, but that was one of the first things I heard about her.
Speaker 1: Because there was no room for her in the car. Right, right, right.
Speaker 2: They've got her running behind golf carts. They've got her doing all kinds of like unreasonable things because she's so devoted to the president. And the more and more I hear about this, I have a lot of questions about like where she's actually came from or what the actual goal is or like giving her information or who she might be giving information to. She's participating in a lot of meetings that the president is a part of, all of his appearances. You think I'm, you think I'm wild?
Speaker 1: No, I think you're right. I mean, She could be a handler. Who knows? She might be, you know, she could be sent by Kim Jong-un. Like, we don't really know. Her brother says she's written letters to more than one president, including Bush, which makes her sound like a groupie. But who the heck knows?
Speaker 2: Well, I think about a few different things. Like, I don't have any information that says, like, you know, she's been planted by any of these countries or whatever, any of these adversaries. But I do know that this is an administration that does not run background checks on folks and gives security clearance away a lot more freely than any other administration would. We do know that this is a family that has relationships all over the world because of their holdings and their businesses. And we've seen those kinds of relationships kind of played out in the first administration and then in the years subsequent. And so when we think about a person who made her way up to the president just by being a blonde white woman who admired him and is always fawning over him, that's a pretty.
Speaker 4: Low bar, right?
Speaker 2: We don't really have, we don't have a.
Speaker 4: Lot of, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of reason to have faith that like she is someone who has a high moral standard or is even like really devoted to the values of this country. We don't know those kinds of things, right? We don't know how she could be getting information. We don't know what she's doing with that information. We don't know what she has on her. They call her the human printer. She carries around a small printer to be able to print out information. to the president to give him information that he tends to like. We tend to see a lot of that information end up in his social posts. We tend to see him take a lot of the information that comes from her as being fact. And that has a major implication when you're giving information to the president of the United States. There are other jobs that she supposedly has that are related to his health, related to various different ways that I don't see people talking about in media, about things that he needs and services that are necessary for his day-to-day ongoings. But I think that Natalie Harp is someone who could stand to be a really interesting figure as America continues to watch her sit next to its president.
Speaker 1: I mean, real talk, if my husband has a valet that's traveling in a trunk to be with him, she's fired immediately. I don't know how Melania is cool with that either.
Speaker 2: Well, Dominique, to this point, the days after John Ossoff made the comments about flying around with Natalie, we saw Melania Trump for the first time up here at the White House, right? She stepped out into the Rose Garden for an event that was going on, and the first thing she said was, I heard you guys miss me, right? So it has been addressed, right? It is a present conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. No doubt, Jarrett. Thank you so much for hopping on at the last minute. Remind folks how to follow you and find your writings and artworks.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can find all my work. I'm at Jarrett Hill on all the different platforms. You can check out my book, Historically Black Phrases, from my one of your little friends to who all going to be there at historicallyblackphrases.com.
Speaker 4: We have a new.
Speaker 2: Game that comes out in September called Watch Your Mouth, which is a game that you can play with your friends or family at the cookout, the reunion, whatever it is. So all of those different things you can check out. And, yeah, thank you for having me, Domino.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Tavis Smiley's on deck. He's got a great lineup for you today. As per usual, you do not want to miss that. Tap in with me on social media at Deprima Radio, D-I-P-R-I-M-A, and then radio or at KBLA 1580 everywhere. Like my father, the late, great poet Laura. of New Jersey, Amiri Baraka, used to say a person is either free or they are not free. There can be no apprenticeship for freedom. Until tomorrow, my beloved KBLA delegation, one love.