Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Here's what I want to do. If our friend who was deported is able to show up, Neil, we have to put her next to him. Rodrigo will not be showing up. He's already gone. You can call him in Mexico.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: I mean, good morning everybody, Bill Handle here. By the way that promove it made no sense to you. That was in reference to this event we're having tomorrow night at the Anaheim White House, and we have five winners of a contest, one of them being Rodrigo. And I had mentioned that Rodrigo will be there in spirit only because he has already been deported.
Speaker 3: Gabe, it was his talkback was entirely.
Speaker 2: All in Spanish, very kind.
Speaker 4: Then we found out that another winner used to work for.
Speaker 2: Ice. Yeah, that's why I'm going to put both of them together. It's going to be a really entertaining evening, to say the least. All Right, Will Colesreiber, good morning, Will, Good morning, sir. Oh you're all in black. You're going to a funeral today.
Speaker 3: I'm doing my Cono impression.
Speaker 2: You know what, not bad, not bad, Okay, not bad. But you need a hat more than he needs a hat. Woa the baseball hat. Whoa, that's true. Anyway, there's con O, good morning, and Neil there you are, Amy, and everybody is hello, hello, hello, hello, hello hello. All right, a couple of things. When we are Astronaut Haig Colonel haigu is showing up on the fourth or the seventeenth, right, seventeenth, yes, seventeenth. He will be in stut Video, and of course I will be there because we are being fed any idea as to the menu at this point, because that is critically important.
Speaker 5: No, nope, we're still working on that.
Speaker 2: Sure, all right, Neil and I will help with the menu. As a matter of fact, Neil and I are thinking of putting together a KFI night just at the Anaheim White House sometime this summer, where he and I are going to design the menu, and there is I'm already working on my handle part of the menu that I'm going to bring to the table.
Speaker 3: Okay, which is absolutely inedible by its.
Speaker 2: Bo that's besides the point. But it's it's going to be very strong in one.
Speaker 6: Right, you could destroy the whole reputation of white of the White House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I was. I had an idea for ice cream, but I was told that if we do that with the ice cream maker, they were going to have to throw it away afterwards. So that's kind of off that. Yeah, that's kind of off the table I was doing. I was gonna do a smoked cod ice cream and thank you.
Speaker 3: You realize that this is supposed to be edible.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, well, okay, fair enough, all right, you guys ready, we got a lot of fun stuff to do. First of all, we have Foody Friday that's coming up at eight o'clock, some Costco news food and Costco of course, and then asps club news too. There's some Sam's Club news, which I don't go to. I don't know where. Then, I don't even know. I don't think I've ever gone into a Sam's Club.
Speaker 3: They're they're great, there's just not as many of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of days ago, I went to both Costco and Trader Joe's same same day.
Speaker 4: Do you change outfits or do you, like, uh, get the lipstick off your collar before you go to the other ones?
Speaker 2: No, I put a mask on. Yeah, I put a hoodie on and where a black mask. So people think I'm going to bomb the place. But no, when I go to Trader Joe's, because when I go to Trader Joe's, it's spelled tr A tr ai t o R Trader Joe's because of you see costco guy. All Right, fair enough, let's do it, guys. We've got plenty to talk about today. I'll also ask handle anything a thirty to nine So Friday, we always have a good time. Here we go, it's time for news. Handle on the news with Amy and Neil and me lead story. All Right, it doesn't get more delicious than this. It truly doesn't. Not only the entertainment value, but this is not earthshaking in the sense of it's not destroying economy, it's not dealing with immigration, things that are fairly important, no matter which side of the coin you're on. This is pure entertainment. Now, it's the fight between Trump and Elon Musk. And I had said, and a lot of people had said, when must started getting Musk started getting all of the attention when he became head of Doze and was at the White House constantly slept there A few nights maybe with Trump. I don't know. And I said, man, this is not going to last. You got two egomaniacs, one Donald Trump, the president, the other one the richest guy in the world. It is not going to work out. So there was a first hint of a problem when Trump, when Musk left Doge. It has devolved into a full fight between the two. It's almost fisticuffs. So we're going to talk more about it. And yesterday it literally dissolved into this public fight. And not only it's mainly on social media, but it's tremendous.
Speaker 4: It is the best. It is public breakup in history. It is fantastic. It is so magical. I saw some fake posts two that were hilarious. One where Trump was telling Elon that he wanted his records back, even his Abba albums that he said he could keep. He wants those back. But it is ugly. Elon posted a photo of the promotional poster for the movie Kill Bill, referencing the bill the Big Beautiful Bill killed the Bill.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 4: So he's saying that Epstein the files won't come out. In the Epstein files won't come out because Trump's all over.
Speaker 2: It, and there's no and by the way, there's no evidence, and he could be named in the file. We're talking about Musk accusing Trump of being named in the Epstein file. The number of people who Epstein named in the files are incredible because the guy was a socialite New York. Everybody knew everybody well.
Speaker 6: And even said he knew Epstein, but he said yea, the kind of ended their face.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't die. And even if he didn't think he was a creep big deal, who the hell knew at that point. So anyway, we're gonna do a lot of this at seven o'clock.
Speaker 6: See, I tell you guys on wake up call that Bill would be digging into this one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. It's a schoolyard. It's a school yard, school yard fight. It's my dad is bigger than your dad, and my schwantz is bigger than your schwants That's where it's come to.
Speaker 3: It's so ugly. I you and I go out the same way.
Speaker 2: No, it's not you, No, No, I disagree. It's not ugly. It's like a sharpay is so ugly. It's beautiful, and this is so ugly. It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yes, the big beautiful pizza sales are going through the roof.
Speaker 5: You know's is that Trump didn't start this.
Speaker 2: When you think about it, No he didn't. You're right, yeah, No, you're right. Trump held back, Actually he did, and then it just got to be too much. He just kept you must kept on. He kept on, prodding the bear, prodding the bear. And you're absolutely right, Amy, and then he finally broke down. I don't think. I don't know if he if Trump has gotten personal yet with us personal personal, I don't know if personal.
Speaker 5: He said he would win, he would have won without him, right.
Speaker 2: That's not personal and that's not a personal attack. And then he's going to cancel and he's going to cancel some contracts. Yeah, yeah, but he doesn't.
Speaker 5: Say he's like a low down dirty dog or anything. He must kind of have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, he called him something, uh, marginal Musk.
Speaker 3: He started with name called it's yeah, it's it's good.
Speaker 2: I can't yeah, don't make up nollent. Yeah, absolutely all right.
Speaker 3: Is this gonna split MAGA in half?
Speaker 4: I mean, are they no now and dat are foul?
Speaker 2: Oh No, Musk is going to lose this one big time. There's no chance anybody could go against Trump with his supporters.
Speaker 6: Must value on the stock market. Is stock tanked like fourteen percent?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I know, way way down. Okay, seven o'clock to do a lot more than this. It's just too good to be true.
Speaker 5: Just let us be please.
Speaker 6: California and three other states have petitioned the US Food and Drug Administration to ease restrictions on the abortion pill mif of pristone. They say the drug's got a proven safety record and says the limits that have been placed on it are unnecessary. California Attorney General Rob Bonta says the medication is a lifeline for millions of women who need access to time sensitive, critical healthcare, especially low income women and those who live in rural and underserved area.
Speaker 2: Is. Yeah, they're Kennedy out doing himself. And you know the hearings that are coming up in again about vaccines. He's going to bring in an eight year old who's not going to say anything and won't look anybody in the eye prove positive as to what's going on. That's another one who's nuts. RFK all right.
Speaker 4: The judge in the Shawn Ditty Comb's case delivered a strong warning to Shawn Comb's and his lead council yesterday. I guess what was happening is you had Sean didty Comb's vigorously nodding to testimony. I'm guessing maybe shaking his head no while directly eyeing the jury, which is forbidden, right Bill, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can. Absolutely, you cannot look at the jury. You cannot in any way gesticulate. You cannot none of that. You have to sit there, remain stoic. Well, occasionally people's but there's not much they can do about that.
Speaker 4: Isn't he accused of gesticulating someone that's not bad, that's not bad. In this particular case, the judges said that he's going to be removed if he does it even once more.
Speaker 2: There have been some great cases. Charles Manson was tossed out first of all. I think the first time out, what did the judge do? I think he put duct tape on his mouth over his mouth as he sat there. They shackled him because he was so outrageous, then threw him out of the courtroom and had to watch the trial in another room. So there are people that do that, and you know it just that's really a way to piss off the judge. But you know, it's this guy is I'm guessing he is going to be convicted and will spend the rest of his life in prison. That's my guess.
Speaker 3: One can hope.
Speaker 6: Will the duck talk Half Oversight Chair James Comer has subpoened a former President Biden's White House physician. It's doctor Kevin O'Connor. They initially invited O'Connor to come in for to do it, to have a transcribed interview, but then the doctor said, nah, he can't make it. They cited legal and ethical obligations as well as physician patient privilege. So the subpoena comes as President Trump orders an investigation into some of the things that Biden did with his auto pen and also cites his predecessor's cognitive decline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the question I have because the doctor patient privilege is a privilege that's pretty high up on the food chain where doctors do not share information about patients. This is the President United States, This is a guy who runs a free world, is what we're talking about. Does a doctor have the obligation? Yep? And is there enough there? I mean, I agree that there should be an investigation, is because if the doctor is part and parcel of covering up cognitive inabilities that our president had. That I don't know if that's criminal or not. I have no idea. It may not be, because I don't think we've ever had that issue come before the courts. But man, I think there should be some consequences. You can't do that. You can't cover up the fact that the president has cognitive disabilities. Give me a break. So normally, where this would be political in nature, which by the way, I think it very well may be political in nature because this is Republicans, and every time a Republican attacks a Democrat, it's somewhere's politics, and when Democrats attack Republicans, they're politics in there.
Speaker 4: But this is the other day bill that sometimes they're not mutually exclusive, and they are not mutually exclusive.
Speaker 2: That is correct, much like Donald Trump with his convictions, right, was it purely political? No, it was political. But does that mean he didn't do it? Does that mean that he wasn't guilty of for example, that document case. So anyway, I think everybody who was involved in hiding from the American people the problems that Biden had should should be held accountable for that. I don't know what that means in terms of accountability.
Speaker 4: But the autopin are they basically saying things were signed without his cognity?
Speaker 2: I don't know. No autopins are known. They're saying, yeah, auto pins is how many documents does the president signed in a given day?
Speaker 3: I get why you have them.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that if somebody was having that done when he didn't have the ability to do it, then somebody wasn't. President is signing documents, which is scary.
Speaker 2: All of it is scary, all of it. Hiding this from the public is crazy making. But then again morning, yeah, thank you. J jfk was deathly ill had Addison's. Uh his cognitive abilities were fine, but he has some very very serious physical ailments. Yep. John F. Kennedy really, Oh yeah, he was a very sick man, very sick.
Speaker 5: It's Addison's.
Speaker 2: Uh it's a disease named after doctor Addison. Uh yeah, I think it. Uh, you know what, I I don't know exactly what addison is Addison's. I think it's a neurological, uh disease. You're looking that up? Yes, yes, say I should know that. I should know what Addison's is, and I don't.
Speaker 6: Chronic condition where the adrenal glands don't produce enough of the hormones cortisol and.
Speaker 5: Al dosterone.
Speaker 6: Yes, due to an autommune attack against the adrenal glands. Without treatment, it can be life threatening.
Speaker 2: All right, So it's close enough. I'll take it. I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: An economic study commissioned by Disney says that Disneyland and Disney World had an economic impact of nearly sixty seven billion dollars nationwide that supported more than four hundred thousand jobs across the United States. This was the Oxford Economics Report and analyzed the impact of Disneyland Resort Anaheim in twenty twenty three and then Walt Disney World resort in Orlando, Florida in twenty twenty two to come up with these overall numbers. But that puts here in Southern California. Put sixteen point one billion dollars in Southern California's pocket that directly and indirectly supported more than one hundred and two thousand jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm assuming by far the largest eplowyer in Orange County.
Speaker 3: I would imagine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Russia is not letting up Russia launched a barrage of drones and Blissa missiles across Ukraine early this morning local time. At least four people were killed dozens of others were injured. It happened days after Kiev launched that raid on Moscow's fleet of strategic bombers and did a lot of damage. Ukraine's president Zelensky said Russia had used more than four hundred drones and forty missiles in the overnight attack, making it among the largest since the war started.
Speaker 2: YEP. And after the conversation that President Trump had with Putin, Putin basically said, I'm not stopping done. I'm just not stopping. And so I think the President misread the not only the intent, but misread the what Putin was going to do and what Zalnzia was going to do. He thought he would be able to end the war. Remember day one, the war is over, not quite even to the point he said, let him duke it out, because his influence that seems to be really minimal in terms of that war. I think, same thing with the Arab with the is Hamas Israel war, same thing.
Speaker 3: They're complicated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of complications, the Pentagon is planning to put its military oversight of Greenland under US Northern Command. This is, according to a report, largely symbolic gesture, but it's an interesting time as President Donald J. Trump continues to press for the world's largest island to break from Denmark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it keeps ongoing with that one, as if Denmark is going to give up Greenland or Greenlanders are going to give up being part of Denmark. We talked about the symbolic, it's actually look at why right now under the US European Command, right what does the European Command oversee Europe? So Greenland is attached to Europe, and with the President doing no, no, it's the Northern Command outside of Europe that we're going to put the overseeing military oversight of Greenland. So it's a move that effectively says, hey, Denmark does not have anything to do with this, and we're going to grab Greenland and either going to buy it or they're going to vote to join US, who the hell knows. But that's not going to happen either. Now there will be a treaty for the rare earths. But you know, I mean, Denmark is a strong ally of the US anyway, all right, moving on blocked again.
Speaker 6: A federal judge is halted President Trump's latest attempt to stop international students from going to Harvard University. The temporary restraining order was issued hours after Harvard urged a district judge to step in on an emergency basis to block the proclamation that Trump signed the day before. It suspends international visas for new students at the Ivy League university.
Speaker 2: So we'll see how far that goes. Lawsuits are coming. Hey, guys, let's take an early break and we will come back and I'll give a whole lot more time. Okay, Kono, do you have to go to the bathroom? Well, I got to throw up. Actually, my stomach and my I'm not feeling well. All right, more handle on the news, actually the Senate shit, No more handle on the news, will be Let's start Amy. Nope, Neil your story.
Speaker 3: Man, I know, listen, yeah, I know you're not well, but I.
Speaker 2: Am not feeling well. No, don't be concerned. I just go. You know, thank God, there's a bathroom where I can throw up ten minutes, ten feet from here.
Speaker 3: I'm concerned about the show. I'm concerned about tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We're gonna oh, I'll be fine for tomorrow. Are you kidding? A free meal? I don't care if I'm throwing up in my plate. You know, I don't say no to a free meal.
Speaker 5: I don't know that would be pleasant for the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Ask me if I care. It's like it's a lot of regurgitation. It's like your favorite Oh, it's like your eagle. Okay, how they feed their young.
Speaker 4: So Handel's talked about the earliest of reverse discrimin discrimination cases before on the show, but now judges ruled nine to zero in a case where Marlene Ames argued she was denied a promotion because she is heterosexual.
Speaker 3: That cysts you. The US Supreme Court made it easier.
Speaker 4: On Thursday for people from majority backgrounds like whites or straight individuals, to pursue claims alleging workplace reverse discrimination, So.
Speaker 3: This I guess.
Speaker 4: She argued that she was denied a promotion within the Ohio Department of Youth Services because she's heterosexual. A lesbian was hired for the job instead, and then Ames was eventually demoted to a lower position with lower pay, with a gay man taking her previous.
Speaker 5: Role, and her boss was gay. That's what she was passed.
Speaker 2: This is pretty blatant. I mean, this story it really has to do. It's a technical issue because to reverse discrimination, normally you have to prove it that the employer has a history of discriminating against the majority group racially. That's already been proved, that's been established. There was a case nineteen eighty two Baki versus the Regents of the University of California, which a white guy was denied entrance to medical school and an African American was put in place and did not meet the same qualifications as the white did per the school's requirement, per that you see. And it went up and he won. Court said, yeah, yeah, you can't do that. Race cannot be the determining factor. And this one now is you're talking about if someone is straight, cannot be discriminated on the basis of being straight. So it's going both ways. Court says, discrimination is discrimination.
Speaker 3: No, she doesn't go both ways. That was the problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, talk talk talk, talk talk. Apparently China and the US are going to talk some more. So President Trump and President She had a about an hour hour and a half talk too. They're at an impasse, of course with the trade tariffs, and the US is accusing China not making good on the deal that they made to lower tariffs and all of that. So President Trump said the call was very positive and both sides have agreed to hold more trade talks in hope of breaking that impass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Let me tell you what's going on. They're playing chicken with each other, Orange Chicken. This is a real fight between these two. And I think she is going to win on this one. You think, yeah, I think a couple of reasons. Even though China is going to be hurt more than the United States, probably China. The people of China have a history of sucking it up and going through some really bad times with the leadership saying suck it up during Maos time during civil war. They just do it. They're just a very stoic group people. Also, you have a leadership a complete dictatorship there too, which helps. So we'll see. And when the President says constructive talks, right, it's or productive talks, it's that's political speech for we went no place.
Speaker 4: This is an interesting story. The number of newborns in Japan is just decreasing, but faster than projected. So the number of annual births falling to another record low last year. This is government data that they have. This is data in this country is rapidly aging, shrinking population. So the concern is about sustainability of the economy. Of course, national security need young people to protect and.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really simple. I mean, we're going through here are the numbers. It's just math. The more young people, the fewer young people that are born, the fewer people that will work or will have a lifetime of work to support the older people. Because people retire, and when you have you don't sustain the retirees. You don't have an economy, much like so security. So security started with five I think it was five employee employees supporting every single retired person, and then only for a very short period of time. People didn't last much past sixty five. And now I think you have two people supporting retirees and they last forever. Who they hell dies at sixty five or sixty seven, eighty more? Nobody and they were.
Speaker 4: Was it the norm for people to uh to retire at fifty five.
Speaker 3: Sixty five, sixty But at one time was it the norm?
Speaker 5: Because no, so you used to work until right before you died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sixty five, I mean a sociority kicked in in thirty nineteen thirty five or nineteen thirty six under FDR. And the point is it was a safety net obviously, so people didn't starve to death, and it was but sixty five was chosen because that's when people got old and the retirement plan kicked in. Now it makes no sense mathematically, which is why retirement today, I think is sixty seven. And you're going to see benefits go down because there are fewer workers that are paying into the social security because there are fewer people. With Japan that's exacerbated. That's one of the worst places in the world. It's a mess.
Speaker 5: Put that phone down.
Speaker 6: State Appeals Court has ruled that the state law prohibiting drivers from texting or talking on the cell phone while driving also makes it illegal to even hold the phone to look at a map on the screen. So if you're using your GPS, better have the phone on a mount because just looking at the map on the screen with the phone in hand can justify being pulled over and being ticketed.
Speaker 2: Now, didn't you think that only speaking on the phone handheld would get you in trouble. But looking at a map in your hand that you got to pass on that.
Speaker 3: No, my understanding is you can't have it in your hand at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just can't have it in your hand. Period.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly that's what the law says, and the trick is not to have it. Well, if you're going to have it in your hand, well how do they know they're speaking? What if you're hanging on to it. Now, you're allowed to drive with one hand, that's not illegal. So if you're going to speak into the phone, just just be a ventriloquist and don't move your lips. You'll do just fine. This is analysis, Okay, this is why I'm here getting paid the big bucks for stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You put dass in analysas all right.
Speaker 4: Paramount Global chairwoman, the controlling shareholder, Sherry Redstone, is battling cancer. She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She is going, you know, obviously going through that with her family. The prognosis is excellent. But this comes, you know, like eleven months after she agreed to sell Paramount to David Ellison's sky Dance Media and so to be doing juggling that big massive sale and being sick has got to be crazy difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look at the politics here. Donald Trump sues CBS over a sixty minute piece and says it was it was an edited interview with Kamala Harris, and therefore fraud was perpetrated on the American people and to make him look bad and make him look and make her look good. He sues for twenty billion dollars. That lawsuit has no merit whatsoever. It is a ridiculous lawsuit. And you know what paramount is doing. What she is doing negotiating with the president to cave already CBS already she has said, will cave. Why because she is selling the company to Skydance. She has to have okay to it. She has to have a governmental okay. The government can stop it. And she wants the government to allow the sale. And if Trump is mad, we are going to cowtow to Trump. We will apologize and we will end. They're negotiating how much money CBS is going to pay. And since Trump doesn't need the money, it goes. I think it's to the Presidential Library, Trump's Presidential library, but it is. It's a troup that and by the way, all interviews are edited, all of them.
Speaker 4: You can't edit it for you can't edit it that way. I don't know why you keep saying that they're editing. They're not talking about the fact that it was shortened for time. They're talking about that it was crafted. Yeah, but hang on a minute, Hold on a minute. They're saying that substantially. That's not true.
Speaker 2: I wish it would go to trial because I know how sixty minutes work. I don't think. I don't think that they do edit to make her look better.
Speaker 5: I don't buy that they did in this case, though. Bill.
Speaker 6: They took an interview, they aired part of the interview, and then when it aired again, it was different. They had changed it, and she sounded better and more articulate than the first time.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let me ask you this. They still edited, because you know, I have experience with sixty minutes. I was interviewed by sixty minutes. I had a second on it. I was in front of that camera for probably two hours, and they gave me a couple of minutes. It's what they do, edited one hundred percent, making me look a whole lot better because the producer happened to like what I was doing. In surrogacy. She had me pro surrogacy. It was a pure edit to make me look good because I was a blubbered and blabbered and I was off on tangents much like I do here.
Speaker 5: But they didn't air the one where you were bluffing and blathering. I understand it.
Speaker 2: But they made but to make her look better is not fraud. Is not fraud on the American people. They did it to make her look better asient. Bill, I know you know what. I don't buy it. And by the way, where is the damage? Okay, so he's silly for twenty billion dollars? Now what he won? The he won?
Speaker 3: I saw your sixty minutes hit. They should have edited short.
Speaker 2: They should have edited me out. I understand. Okay, we're done. Guys. You've been listening to The Bill handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.