Speaker 1: I messed up. You know. One of the things that I want to do is, you know, we want to bring you a well rounded show. Now well rounded for us sometimes mean stuff you don't hear on other shows, and I'd like to think that that's a feature, not a bug. That being said, when it comes to the big stories, you know, it's all hands on deck, and you know, Ross and I are pretty much on cruise control. Like even it's almost weird when we try to strategize because chances are we're both like yesterday, I send the prep links and I'm like, hey, you'll see that there's not a bunch of Harris Brett Baarr interview stuff in there. And it's because I was doing prep while it was airy and I had it on but and then I was putting some other stuff together and I just like, hey, man, we're gonna have to be And He's like, dude, I've been sitting on this for like twenty minutes and going through all the stuff, so like it's a well oiled machine. But I still feel bad because you put in that extra work. I put in the extra work this morning, you know, going through and yeah, like this cut, this one sounds good, perfect I don't need to be knowledgeable of this. Somebody might reference it, and all I had to do was just read wrl's take that of coming up with my eye. I'm so stupid. That is one hundred percent on me. So Ross, I'm just gonna I feel like if I just read their take here, that will accomplish everything that we hope to accomplish, and then we can, you know, we can move on to evil stuff Trump's doing. So if you miss the Brett Bear interview with Donald Trump, or excuse me, Kamala Harris, it was now me looking at I'm like, boy, they said Donald Trump a lot. But here's why, All right, here we go. Wril tweet Dateline New York. Kamala Harris's interview with Fox News Channels Brett Bear on Wednesday is the latest indication the Democrats during this campaign are increasingly willing to engage with the network well stocked with supporters of opponent Donald Trump. So brave, so brave. So there you go. I feel like that sums up, Ross. Do you think that sums up? The totality of the interview yesterday would.
Speaker 2: Maybe go in a different direction, But I did predict they were gonna be going that way. I'm like, I was saying to myself, they're gonna say in the morning, she was getting brave and the moderator was rude, and I can't can you believe the reporter would talk over a candidate, and especially when she's a woman, and you know, this is just more misogyny, and she's on she went to the fray and brave little Kamala and all this kind of garbage.
Speaker 1: Not only was that wildly predictable, it's a very good point you're making. I was sitting there and and yesterday, as I'm watching this, I'm like, why is she here? Really? And it's not because she's like I have to vanquish my opponents with good ideas. Right, It wasn't that because she didn't have any You if you should watch, if you haven't watched the entirety of it, we're gonna play a bunch of sound. She didn't answer any questions from a nerdy wonky standpoint, right, she answered questions how a lot of politicians who don't have answers will answer them, But she didn't. Really, She's like, no, in fact, here's where me and uh, and she'd call him that monster. I don't care. The here is where me and that monster part way. Specifically, I think this and he thinks that, and it's a fundamental policy difference, because that's the point. So I'm like, well, why are they putting her out there? They have to and they have to know it's not going to go well. I think some bright brain in her campaign recognizing the necessity of a hail Mary didn't bring her on there to wow with information. They brought her on there so that she could get Brett Bar to be mean or man's plaining to her and the meaner he was to her so that she could go, can you believe he treated me this way? Which means can you believe you treated a woman this way? Which is since it's undefinable among the candidate is very rich. I think that was one hundred percent. They wanted video clips and it could just be twenty seconds of Brett bar emotionally abusing a woman, and that woman is her, and then they could just do a how dare you? Campaign?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, it was strategic. But he handled it very professionally and he was of anything. He was super nice. Yeah, So, I mean, like his tone was wasn't angry? At all. It was just what they might be seeing as you know this is.
Speaker 1: He was perplexed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, what they might be like, you know, seeing his aggression towards her actual questions being asked that she can't answer because she's an idiot. Wow, she might be the dumbest candidate to ever run for office.
Speaker 1: Oh no, well he there, man, major party got the nomination.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. For president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I'm like for president.
Speaker 2: No, no, for president, well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, even for president. If you're like, there's a dude from the Vampire's party that runs he's from Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I don't know, remain to candidates, she's the dumbest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, I was going to say, the vampire dude makes a lot of good points in retrospect, right, when does a lot of crime happen? This is an actual position, by the way of his All right, when does a lot of crime happen? Okay, what if people were scared to go out?
Speaker 2: Now that's a good point. Yeah, yeah, stay in your house, man, they're gonna get you.
Speaker 1: Should I invite random people into my house?
Speaker 2: If you if you never probably random?
Speaker 1: No? No, yeah, but I should not extend the invitation.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, you like, you're right, this was a strategic decision. This was a strategic decision the campaign made to do, which is on par in my opinion, with the Biden debate debacle. I've never seen two big whoopsies like this and the campaign before that is crazy to have the Biden right, we said it before, like he he, that's the bar. Now, you don't want to pull a Biden in the debate. This Nixons off the hook. Dude, Nixon's off the hook. So it's a strategic decision that they made. It did not go their way. But if this is how they're going think about this, expand this onto a bigger world stage when it comes to big global issues.
Speaker 1: Leader Paris in a room.
Speaker 2: If she can make this sort of strategic mistake, think about it on a larger scale. That is scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but Donald Trump wanted to He said personally, he said, I'm gonna put Ross in a camp. Don't see I miss thats because I'm pretty sure if I heard that, I would have put that in the button bar.
Speaker 2: You would not and I would not shut up about it.
Speaker 1: You would be excited that you were personally singled out to go to a re education camp.
Speaker 2: Or they say like P. T. Barnum, right, like you know there's.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Sucker born every minute? No, no, no, no, no, the other one yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know there's no bad news or whatever it is. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, they get at because in retrospect, if you're the one called out, like there's a likelihood you could move into a leadership position and you're a goola.
Speaker 2: Here's another thing too, like typically like when I watch this stuff happen live or when I see something going down on say Twitter, right, yeah, the reaction in the morning. In the morning, when you come in and load the audio or look back at it right to go over it again, it tends to cool down. It's not as crazy temper. Sure, this was different loading this audio this morning. It was worse. Like the second go around.
Speaker 1: It's bad.
Speaker 2: She at the sre is a point there. It reminded me of Colonel jess Up at the end of a Few Good Men where he just completely loses his cool with sort of finger pointing and stuff, or when when Senator Palpatine turns into like slides into Citius.
Speaker 1: Just tover Claire Ross called him or called her sidius yesterday in our team.
Speaker 2: Yes, it reminded me of that, like when when like the true hymn starts to come forward. Dude, she was what way even her finger? What dude is going to vote for that?
Speaker 1: I think it was a combination of that and Ali g But unintentionally it had Dude, it would have to be. It would have to be. I can't even with this woman. All right there, there's there's others, so many moments.
Speaker 2: There's so many moments too where she just pauses, she has to think, and she it's it's it's the way it comes across in television or on the screen right where you can tell there's like an oh blank moment in her brain where she's like, oh, this is not going the way that I thought it was going to go.
Speaker 1: And but and and I can back and try. Ross is not the only one who thinks that. In fact, others thought this is not going the way we thought it would go. How do I know this? Let me fast forward, let me start and play real quickly the end of the interview, and then we'll get into the meat. Not that there's any meat. It's all bone here, But you tell me if they thought it was going well.
Speaker 3: We're talking over each other.
Speaker 4: I apologize, and I would like that we would have a conversation that is grounded in full assessment of the facts, which includes I think this interview is supposed.
Speaker 5: To be about this is all.
Speaker 1: This is the ali g part, by the way, only only he would.
Speaker 4: Say that the choice is that your viewers should be presented about this election, and the contrast is important, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: And on the.
Speaker 4: Subject of Iran, I am offering what should be an important contrast that is presented for folks to make a decision, look at.
Speaker 6: What the administration did and say and think differently matter.
Speaker 3: Vice President, they're wrapping me very hard here. I hope you.
Speaker 6: Got to say what you wanted to say about Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of things.
Speaker 6: There are a lot of things that people.
Speaker 3: Want to learn about you and your policies and so.
Speaker 1: And when he says that, you can't immediately tell who's rapping him. But he did an interview after to I don't know Shannon Bream or somebody. I don't know who he was talking to, but he specifically spoke about that part of it. Person the people who are rapping him. Was hurt people. Yeah, so, uh oh, I'm sorry you did it. I thought it was in a different color, all right. So and by the way, there were a few other issues with this. And you know what, this is intentional? Ross do you agree her? What I'm about to play is intentional, like late on thousand percent, because once you show up late, then you can pull the pin on that thing at any point. Okay, that's why you do that. I've seen politicians do this. Sometimes they're just late. Like we had the communications scal from the Trump campaign the other she didn't. She didn't she didn't call late so that she could control the timing of it. I don't. I don't know what happened there. I think she just had one hundred interviews. But we eventually got her on, but she didn't give us a time limit. She stayed as long as I wanted her on. But over the years, I have seen people show up for interviews or call in for an interview. They call in and they'll say something vague, Hey, I got this thing coming up. Even if you ask, we'll ask him for a heart do you have a heart out? And it just means I got to be off the air by this time, and they'll they'll be, oh, well, we'll see, we'll see. I got this other thing. As soon as somebody tells me that, and they're late starting the interview, I know that they're going to pull the ripcord when the going gets tough. Okay, So I want you to understand that when Brett Bear's talking about this, and people in this business are talking about this, there is an inside knowledge there too. Everybody knows what's up, but you can't really Brett Bear's not going to say that, and it's but he's going to elude.
Speaker 6: You know, when the kicker in football, they call a timeout right before he's going to kick the field goal.
Speaker 3: They're icing the kicker.
Speaker 6: So we were supposed to start at five pm. This is the time they gave us. Originally, we're going to do twenty five or thirty minutes. Came in and said, well, maybe twenty so it was already getting whittled down, and then the vice president showed up about five point fifteen. We were pushing the envelope to be able to turn it around for the top of the six o'clock.
Speaker 3: So that's how it started.
Speaker 6: And I could tell when we started talking that she was going to be tough to to, you know, redirect without me trying to interrupt. I did this with President Obama at one point I just said, mister President, I know you liked the filibuster. I just didn't even have the chance to sometimes redirect in those ways.
Speaker 1: And and and a lot of politicians that's that's how they choose to deal with things. They kind of philibuster some people naturally, some others. Let me tell you who's really who is really bad at it? McCrory asked Ross when McCrory was still governor, what was my big beef with having McCrory on the air. The guy wouldn't shut up. The guy wouldn't shut although I will say this at least really he was trying to make a point, but he but it's also the curse of him being a radio guy too, right, because she's sitting there interviewing him, and you know, he it's it's a whole thing. But like Brett, pair knew what was up man, So they show up late and then uh, then they're trying to run him out of there. The whole thing was crazy. And I haven't I haven't played anything except the final forty five seconds or whatever.
Speaker 2: She went in there prepared to filibuster every single answer, and because that's what she's been able to get away with. Right, they ask her a tough question, she gives you nonsense and then the.
Speaker 1: But she reversed filibusters. The way you philibuster is to oh a lot of them is to overload right.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: McCory's thing is he'd get into like if I asked him about the toll roads, which were a big issue, I'll get a I'll get a damn history of the company that they we're contracting with. That's how you philibuster.
Speaker 2: What what? What was going here? This is the first time where she would say something and instead of the interviewer moving on to'd be like, well, actually this is I believe they call it a fact check where they would fact check her.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if it's a fact check as much as like there's peeling the because I he was so polite, so nice, you know when when Trump, when Trump says something and and they want to check it. There there's there's not really politeness. No, there's true there has to be. If my thing is, if you're going to fact check, then you need to do it.
Speaker 2: And I always go back to there was a town hall with that. I think it was a Savannah Guthrie where she was like pointing and yelling at him during the thing. That was not Brett Bear last night.
Speaker 1: No, and that's what they wanted. And look, Britt Behar knew that. And R. E. L's big take is she's so brave for going on. Look, the biggest tragedy is now I don't think the rogan thing will happen. And I wanted that to happen so bad. All right, so I'm filibustering. I know it's you're screaming right now, but we'll be back with all the audio hang up. There were a lot of surrogates that were out. This is how coordinated it is. They were out and either they were taking the lead or they had a conversation and they're like, today we just drive home. Trump's gonna put you all in camps or others in camps and whatever, and he's just so awful, And they seized on a phrase of where he's clearly clearly and I've heard because he's said it, He's said it a bunch of times, but he's talking about the enemy within, and this has been the thing that they drug into a focus for even though they know what it is. Remember, you have to process it in the same way that the Kamala HQ twitter account does. Not what was said, not what the topic was. But can we partition a piece of audio down short enough and say this is what it means and idiots won't check that's what's up. The mayor of Jacksonville is an absolute loon. She was literally on the radio like thirty minutes after that claiming that it is true and that Trump now, to be fair, she said that he'll round up immigrants and he's going to put them all in concentration camps next month when he wins. Again, you got two different sets of immigrants, and nobody's getting any of that done in the month. Even if you took that list that was released, Remember the list that came out of all the criminals who have been knowingly let in, including murderers. So yeah, that's gonna be the narrative that's gonna be all day. It's not gonna be any honest analysis of what happened. And to show you how honest it is, I'm gonna play the audio cuts that I'm gonna set them up, but I'm not gonna tell you necessarily my analysis before because I feel like we're all gonna we're gonna when we arrive at the station, we're gonna find out that we were all going to the same destination. Do you know what I'm saying? Okay, all right, here we go, and these are long, but they have to be so you can get all of it, all right. This is one of the questions I really really wanted to ask. When did you you meet with him, Joe Biden once a week. When did you start to notice that maybe maybe he was having some troubles? Okay, fair question. Obviously they felt that he was enough that she's where she is now, it's undeniable.
Speaker 3: Let's go called Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: He's misguided, you say, now he's unstable. He is unstable, he's not well. You say he's mentally not stable.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 6: And you told many interviewers that Joe Biden was on his game, that ran around circles on his staff. When did you first notice that President Biden's mental faculties appeared diminished?
Speaker 3: Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: I have watched in from the Oval office to the situation room, and he has the judgment and the experiment and experienced to do exactly what he has done and making very important decisions on behalf of the American people. Joe Biden is not on the ballot understanding Donald Trump Donald Trump, but didn't talk about it.
Speaker 3: And Donald George.
Speaker 6: Clooney within a few minutes of talking to President Biden at a fundraiser that he thought this was not the same Joe Biden that we saw on the debate stage. Is I understand you met with him at least once a week for three and a half years.
Speaker 3: You didn't have any concerns.
Speaker 4: I think the American people have a concern about Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Uh huh okay, I mean, well, it's such a logical question, and that was how they chose to deal with it.
Speaker 2: I love how he baits her into it too, yes, because he studies. He's like, oh, man, Trump is unstable hunt She says, oh yeah, yeah. She gets super excited, super excited, and then he drops the hammer, which is the obvious question we've all been wanting to have asked that she can't answer, and there's a big pause there. So he goes, well, what about what about Joe Biden. When did you know that he was unstable or there's something going on there. There's a big pause there and you can see it on her face like oh blankby bleep, and then she goes into autopilot. Her tone changes. You could tell it's rehearsed. Then she goes Joe Biden, it's it's something that you just hear off the stump. She went in to autopilot mode.
Speaker 1: It sounds like somebody who's reading something that you know how callers will call in sometimes and like, what, here's the deal. If you're gonna call in, I want to hear from you. Do not call in and read something from like a post from Twitter verbatim because you want to, I don't know, put it into the record, okay, Because I can tell you're reading. She's reading from her brain, which by the way, in and of itself, is really impressive for her, but it ross is correct. The tone of her voice changes because she's kicked into memory mode. This is you reciting something that's a paragraph your teacher asked you to learn in front of the class.
Speaker 2: But it's just so obvious, especially when you're watching it right. Yeah, you can even hear the audio it you just tell. That's what happens.
Speaker 1: And politicians do this all the time. You can tell when they kick into their their their stump, and usually they become more jovial because they train themselves to write, they sound, they train themselves to sound more off, the tough and honest, even though if you watch their stumps, they tend to say the same thing almost verbatim. So it's not unique. She's just horrible at it. She's just really bad at it. Listen to the inflection. I'm not going to play the whole thing, but you'll notice the moment.
Speaker 6: You've called Donald Trump he's misguided, you say, now he's unstable, he's not well, you say he's mentally not stable.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, interviewers, that.
Speaker 6: Joe Biden was on his game that ran around circles on his staff, or when did you force notice that President Biden's mental faculties appeared diminished?
Speaker 4: Joe Biden, I have watched in from the Oval office to the situations, the judgment and the experiment and experienced to do exactly what he has done and make it.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't, dude.
Speaker 2: She just uploaded the program instead of reciting it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look how slow it loaded.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, because there was that oh blink moment.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh man, this Windows ninety five is still the bomb. Yeah, geez, oh man, it's going to be a long show because we got so many of these. All right, So that was just doom. Man, that was just doom. And let me answer a question. She goes, well, Joe Biden's not on the ballot. Yeah, but the question isn't about Joe Biden. This is this is what normal people understand. That question is about you. You didn't ask when you noticed Joe Biden was cognitively declining, what types of things did he do? That would be a question about Joe Biden, right to say, oh, we would go hide in the basement, right, that's a question about Joe Biden. Brettbair didn't ask a question about Joe Biden. He asked a judgment call question of Kamala Harris. And the Clooney part of the answer or of the question is really important because George Clooney is a Democrat, right, everybody knows this, and he is active, he's probably he's not as obnoxious, I think as a lot of celebrities are like I've never I've never really had a have we ever played a George Clooney clip where I'm like, look at this insane person? I don't think so right? He and and he looked at he judged that situation where he had Joe like he didn't have Joe Biden in front of him, and then at that fundraiser he had Joe Biden in front of him, and what did he do? He went, oh, no, I'm not going to have it attached to me that I looked at that and said nothing. So that's what that question is about.
Speaker 2: The question is about how good are you at observing that you're you're in a that there's danger right well and being honest about going to miss and they should How how good are you observing that there's a problem that needs to bring.
Speaker 1: Solve and what did you do to try to handle it right?
Speaker 2: Or were you completely oblivious to it or did you notice it? In that same word, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Want to be you want to be in on it, right, you want to be you want to be your security guard or whatever, and you're you're so like not paying attention, they brob you blind? You would you prefer to be in on it? Or incompetent because those are your choices. And yeah, you're right. He put her in a box, real quick trick that.
Speaker 4: People are frankly exhausted of Brett more than people are people.
Speaker 6: To tell the country is on the wrong track. They say the country is on the wrong track. If it's on the wrong track, that track follows three and a half years of you being vice president and President Biden being president. That is what they're saying, seventy nine percent of them. Why are they saying that? If you're turning the page. You've been in office for three and a half years.
Speaker 4: And Donald Trump has been running for office.
Speaker 3: But you've been the person home on the office.
Speaker 4: What you and I both know what I'm talking about? You and I both know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Actually don't What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: What I'm talking about?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 1: And let me pause this here she said this, and I don't know if this was something they armed her with to try to build rapport. There's little tricks you can use in an interview. You say the interviewer's name, or you say the person's name that you're interviewing. From my perspective, is kind of the stuff the police use to get you on first forty eight, with really no evidence against you to within five minutes start crying and admit you murdered Taite. Okay, that's the other thing, man, Ross. You ever seen people break as easily as they break on first forty eight, right, they'll break. They'll bring them in. They'll be like, yeah, no, no, no, we just think you were the driver. I just watched an episode. Yes, da, I'm sorry, Like, we're gonna tell him, we just think he's the driver. And then they bring him in there like no, we know you were just the driver. He's like, good because a lot of people I think I've murdered that taite. I can't remember what the name was, which I did, but I also drove like I'm like, dude, lawyer, what you know? Probably for the better, that is, it's absolutely something she keeps trying to do. And I think after she got her handbit on the the Joe Biden cognitive what did you notice question, I think she toned it down a bit. These are slightly out of order, but it's just so bad because he's like, no, I don't know what you're talking about. Drug me into your insanity, dragged me into your insanity is that over.
Speaker 4: The last decade people have become But listen, over the last decade, it is clear to me and certainly the Republicans who are on stage with me, the former chief of staff to the President Donald Trump, former defense secretaries, national security advisor, and his vice president one, that he is unfit to serve, that he is unstable, that he is dangerous, and that people are exhausted with someone who professes to be a leader who spends full time demeaning and and engaging in personal grievances and it being about him instead expression American people.
Speaker 3: People aren't tired of that.
Speaker 6: If that's the case, why is half the country supporting him? Why is he beating you in a lot of swing states. Why if he's as bad as you say, that half of this country is now supporting this person who could be the forty seventh president of the United States.
Speaker 3: Why is that happening.
Speaker 4: This is an election for president of the United States.
Speaker 1: It's and by the way, this is bait too. Red Bear came in with some bait questions, Dude, Ross without even knowing because you know where this goes. When you heard the moment, you heard that, what is he trying to get her to.
Speaker 2: Say he's trying to get it like a deplorable moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, or he's giving her the opportunity for what. I don't know if he intends to, but he's definitely he's he's baited the hook and it's it's bobbing around out there.
Speaker 2: She was a bit too obvious.
Speaker 1: I think she saw it coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, but still it's also a fair question.
Speaker 3: Not supposed to be easy, I know, but it's.
Speaker 4: Not supposed to be It is not supposed to be Okay, misguided. I would never say that about the American people. And in fact, if you listen to Donald Trump, if you watch any of his rallies, he's the one who tends to demean and belittle and diminish the American people. He's the one who talks about an enemy within it within, an.
Speaker 1: Enemy within Okay, yeah, but to be fair, there might be some context there. I have a question. So if you don't mean the American people. You were literally on b E T also yesterday and you said that rule Americans don't know how to photocopy ideas. That's pretty insulting. I'm a former rule American. I had a we had an HP thing. You know which scanned it, photocopied, you know it printed. Our homework, we figured it out. I'm sure some of you are staring off at your farm field right now listening to this, drinking a cup of coffee, and there's there's you know, how to photocopy your ID and not just AI cows or whatever you're up to today. So it's embarrassing, all right. So what does he mean by enemy of the people? Harris would tell you that what he means is everyone who doesn't support him. I don't be wrong. Trump's got opinions on people who don't agree with him. But what you're claiming is enemy. Round him up, put him in camps. This has been your narrative. So what does he mean by that? Well, we'll go to the tape next here on the CaCO Day radio program. So what does you mean by enemy within? Hell, it's you know, the worst thing possible, according to Comma.
Speaker 4: Enemy within talking about the American people, suggesting he would turn the American military on the American people.
Speaker 6: We asked that question to the former president today. Harris Faulkner had a town hall and this is how he responded.
Speaker 3: I heard about that.
Speaker 7: They were saying I was like threatening, I'm not threatening anybody. They're the ones doing the threatening. They do phony investigations. I've been investigated more than Alphonse Capone.
Speaker 3: He was the greatest night. No, it's true, we don't be thinking of it.
Speaker 7: It's called the weaponization of government is a terrible thing.
Speaker 4: So Brett, I'm sorry, and with all due respect, that clip was not what he has been saying about the enemy within that he is repeated when he's speaking about the American people.
Speaker 3: That's not what you just showed. He was asking.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's not what you just showed, in.
Speaker 6: All fairness a question that we asked him.
Speaker 4: He didn't show that. And here's the bottom line. He has repeated it many times, and.
Speaker 1: She's given you I'm sorry, she's telling you don't believe your eyes. Brett Bear only said this is what we asked him. Now, if you have any working knowledge, he has talked about it, except he's talking about the people who weaponize the government against him. So in a way, he is threatening people, but people that a lot of Americans think should be threatened, criminals. I understand it's nuance, but you're not allowing for that.
Speaker 4: And I both know that and you and I both know that he has talked about turning the American military on the American people.
Speaker 3: He has talked about going.
Speaker 4: After people who are engaged in peaceful protest. He has talked about locking people up because they disagree with him. This is a democracy and an inner democracy. The president of the United States, in the United States of America should be willing to be able to handle criticism without saying he'd lock people for doing it.
Speaker 1: Ali g This is right right there is where I fixated on the Alig thing. I mean, because you have to one of the things you have to consider when a candidate who doesn't do a lot of press selects some press they're gonna do. You gotta you gotta ask, all right, well, why are they doing that press? And sometimes it can be because they're friendly. Sometimes it can be because they are very deficient and a particular demographic. And it's the you know, if you want to talk to North Carolinians, you don't book, you don't book one of my counterparts up in Baltimore, the guy who does the morning show up there, right, you don't, uh, you target. So a lot of it makes sense. But with the Harris going on, Brett phar. Sometimes there's candidates that will happily go on what they would consider a network with opposing views and do and do pretty well or you know, come out unscathed. I remember O'Reilly interviewing Barack Obama. Do you remember the lead up to that? Bill O'Reilly really didn't injure Obama in that interview because Obama knows how to handle those things. And I'm not sure what instructions they gave O'Reilly, but because it was the Super was a Super Bowl interview, they I don't know that he would have full gunned him in that case, which, by the way, that's an analogy for you lunatics out there, an analogy, all right. So with that in mind, I still believe she went on There's she went on there a little for desperation, but I but more so they went on there to get Bret Bair to be mean to her. So they had footage of that, and they were going to play the woman card. I just want you to understand how desperate that is. They were going to simultaneously say, oh, look he's beating up on that poor woman and not allow you to add, well, hold on if that does her in that level of being berated. How the hell is she going to handle world leaders like they were willing to overlook that non sequitor right there, but they didn't get it. But also we didn't get any answers. I'd have been perfectly happy if she laid out policy positions. It wouldn't have been as exciting, you know, from a radio narrative standpoint, but at least we'd have something, And frankly, it probably would have done her well because then her supporters could run around and go, oh, you say, she doesn't have any ideas here, she is telling your guy her idea. That's how you make that a win for you. You don't do this, which I'm sure triggered half my audience because I know anytime you know that, you know I call him the constitutional republic people. I understand what you're doing. I get it. We're not a democracy, We're a constitutional Republican with that comes some very unique ways that we do things. But there's reasons why we do those things. You can disagree, but at least they gave their reasons for their policy position, in this case, what they're going to lay out in the constitution. So when she says that, I just imagine half our audience screaming at the TV.
Speaker 4: This is a democracy, and in a democracy, the president of the United States, in the United States of America should be willing to be able to handle criticism without saying he'd lock people up.
Speaker 3: This is a democracy.
Speaker 1: Hold on, No, to be fair, he wanted to fight them. He wanted to fight him physically, and that was one of his supporters. He wanted to fight him. Hey, fat dog face pony soldier, do I do? I need to go on? And here's the thing. We don't always handle criticism correctly, and there's different ways to do it. Most of it you just ignore. I tend to like to make fun when idiots write me emails. It's why we have, you know, the moon bad email stuff, which I don't do enough because I just don't get enough. But like, we have a whole system for this, right and then we read it. Dear Morning Show, you guys are the dumbest dummies ever, the dumb and then we uh and then we uh, they're really bad. We get one of those, and then uh, when it's all said and done, uh, you know, we we let them go on their way out of your moonbat. I mean listen to what they said. Oh, unless Ross leaves the wood chipper over by the window. Again, dude, we had a safety meeting on this. You can't position the wood chip or dread eye front of the window.
Speaker 2: I placed it in front of the closed window as opposed to the open window.
Speaker 1: I understand that, but movements aren't smart enough. If you ever see a bird fly into a window that's clearly closed, well, now you're dealing with something that's even dumber. Oh man, that's a shame. Quite the paint shop now on that wall though, looks nice anyway. That's how you deal with that. She just her way of dealing with criticism is to not engage and then to stand back and throw her own you know, bombs there, which is not unique the politicians.
Speaker 2: That isn't what she was doing though, because technically, I mean, her policies during the interview were being criticized and she flew off the handle. She started like, oh no, no, no, I mean from a substance we get into the body and how it yeah yea yeah, I mean like substantively, Like how people would handle that normally is to you can pick it right.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking of all the past, the thing. But you can't. And here's where I'm going with this. You can't let them know they got to.
Speaker 2: You, right, And she's like she's foaming at the mouth, she's pointing. She looks like I said, she looks like she turns into I'm gonna stand by what I said before in last night's text, like she goes from Palpatina Citias Man. Yeah, she gives her a.
Speaker 1: Non nerdy example for the audience.
Speaker 2: I could probably find a wrestling one if you wanted.
Speaker 1: No, I mean something more mainstream. What she turned heel? Wait for pretty much? Yeah? Yes, some would say she's always been heel. But anyway, now the question is after the interview, did she jump out of a barbershop window? Do we know that coward Marty Jeannetti running away from Shawn Michaels and jumping through that window? Just sat? So sat Harris from from Bear? What's prep barrying to be? Although, as we learn, just because the Fox his host looks sweet and innocent, sometimes they're not talking about Chipmunk there. Oh crap, that story all right, I just can't so anyway, But to Ross's point, and then where I was going with this, you can't let them know you bothered them one. It doesn't serve you well when people watch it because they think that you have temper issues. And it was one of the criticisms of Trump because look, they're not wrong. If you start needling Trump on crowd size. I don't know what it is in his brain. He can't just shut up. He can't just shut up. But holy hell man, we have stark examples of how these two candidates handle objections and criticism. And I would argue that, uh, and I think others would agree with me that Donald Trump has faced far more aggressive rejection and criticism.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: Can you think of any incidents that might set him ahead of Harris in having to deal with haters?
Speaker 2: How about being shot?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're always gonna bring that bounce.
Speaker 2: It back up like Rocky Balbo with a fist up saying fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well one incident, right, it's not like it's not like he uh, I don't know, was indicted a billion times and then held pressers out in front talking about what a crime this is. He's not going to stand for it. But I'm sorry, nobody voted for your green deal you signed on, you absolute loon. All right, let's uh let's keep trucking with this. Oh man, there's so much more.
Speaker 2: I just keep thinking of that side by side, like that's your choice, right, your choice is. On one side you have somebody getting really angry at a reporter for questions where there is actually pushback, where she's foaming at the mouth and freaking out and look at like, look at the visual. And on the other side you have Trump with his fist up. Right, Which which one do you want? Because I hate to break it to you, I'm gonna guess that Vladimir Putin or President eleven there in China. It's a little bit better emotional manipulation than Brett Behar were bear. How are you gonna handle that?
Speaker 1: Well? G gives his political opponents free vacations, he does, including his for his predecessor.
Speaker 2: Right, you're a little vacation up state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big country. There's lots of you know, lots of stuff to see in China. And just because you're the former PM and you happen to have an objection to one of G's ideas in the actual party meeting where you sit at the table of they have some crazy name for the table, but like table of honor kind of thing, and yet they'll still purp walk you out of it. All Right, we need to let's go where this thing started. They started with immigration. Let's start with immigration, shall we, because obviously that what I'm playing is selected cuts from later on where they probably mean to her, and that's not fair. Let's get this thing at the beginning, when we're still sharing ideas and getting to know a candidate that maybe people don't know everything about. So let's do that. We have an obligation to do that. And let's start with immigration, which polls is the top issue in many, many, many, many swing states, so obviously a big issue. It's why Clinton was talking about it the other day. So surely this is an unhinge.
Speaker 6: So twenty nineteen, when you first ran for president, and there have been changes, and you've talked about some of them. When it comes to immigration, you supported allowing immigrants in the country illegally to apply for driver's license, to qualify for free tuition at universities, to be enrolled in free healthcare.
Speaker 3: Do you still support those things?
Speaker 4: Listen, that was five years ago, and I'm very clear that I will follow the law. I have made that statement over and over again, and as vice president of the United States, that's exactly what I've done.
Speaker 3: Not to mention before you if that's.
Speaker 6: The case, you chose a running by Tim Walls, governor of Minnesota, who signed those very things into state law.
Speaker 3: So do you support that?
Speaker 4: We are very clear, and I am very clear, as is Tim Walls, that we must support and enforce federal law. And that is exactly what we will do.
Speaker 1: Right except remember she actively campaigned on ignoring federal law the first time around, Right, she actively campaigned on that. How do I know because well, one when she was campaigning, but two when she was vice president she told people to ignore federal law in Portland. Yeah, but listen, that was five years ago. Well that was less than five years ago. Slightly they this and the border stuff. She's telling people to ignore ports of entry and then had policy that allowed them to do it. To be flown in the federal law is clear and by the way, not just federal law, but the things that we've agreed to with other countries as part of UN resolutions and agreements and real and then it gets enshrined in our federal law. The way that you go and you apply for asylum is X y Z. And also, if you're coming from a country and you pass through another country that's part of the agreement, you have an obligation to apply there, because it's not about picking and choosing, it's about getting out of your hellish situation that qualifies you for asylum. And I don't think that I have to be smart to know that. I think people instinctively know what they just allow it. But oh, surely it can't get worse.
Speaker 6: How many illegal immigrants would you estimate your administration has released into the country over the last three and a half years.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you raised the issue of immigration because I agree with you it is It is a topic of discussion that people want to rightly have. And you know what I'm going to talk about.
Speaker 3: But you're just a number.
Speaker 6: Do you think it's one million, three million, Brett.
Speaker 4: Let's just get to the point, Okay. The point is.
Speaker 1: That, by the way, there's something telling somebody who you're actively filibustering, so you don't have to answer that. It's time to get to the point.
Speaker 4: We have a broken immigration system that needs to be repaired.
Speaker 6: So your Homeland Security secretary said that eighty five percent of apprehensions.
Speaker 4: I'm not finished.
Speaker 6: We have a we have a refres of six million people have been released into the country, and let me just finish.
Speaker 3: I'll get you the question from beginning to answer.
Speaker 6: And when when you came into office, your administration immediate reversed a number of Trump border policies, most significantly the policy that required illegal immigrants to be detained through deportation, either in the US or in Mexico.
Speaker 3: And you switched that policy.
Speaker 6: They were released from custody awaiting trial. So instead included in those were a large number of single men, adult men who went on to commit heinous crimes. So, looking back, do you regret the decision to terminate remain in Mexico At the beginning of your administration.
Speaker 4: At the beginning of our administration, within practically hours of taking the oath, the first bill that we offered Congress, before we worked on infrastructure, before the Inflation and Reduction Act, before the Chips and Science Act, before before the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, the first bill practically within hours of taking the oath, was a bill to fix our immigration system.
Speaker 3: This, ma'am.
Speaker 6: It was called the US Citizen Citizenship Act of two thousand, exactly twenty one.
Speaker 4: It was essentially, but id a citizenship for I finished. I finished responding for you, but you have to let me finish.
Speaker 3: You played the White House and the House and the Senate. I mean, they didn't bring.
Speaker 4: Up responding to the point you're raising, and I'd like to finish. We recognized from day one that to the point of this being your first question, it is a priority for us as a nation and for the American people.
Speaker 1: Okay, if there's some semblance of an answer in there, I don't know. And good on Bear for knowing what she brought up. And then she also likes to bring up the bill that they offered last well not last year, but earlier this year. And well you have to remember about that bill. That would be the one that included in the bill twelve percent of the total spending of the bill to go to borders security. The other eighty eight percent was funding for Israel, Ukraine, Haiti. Maybe there's a few others in there, So just know what you're dealing with, all right, more audio to come. Hang on. So ros just told me that Disney's raising the prices of their fast pass. I didn't see this. And then he told me the number. I'm sorry, the number is what was it again? A car payment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're saying that, depending on the day in the traffic of the park, around three hundred to four hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: What is a fast pass costs right now? I'm not sure because when we I know how you get you its yeah. Yeah, it's good to be in radio sometimes.
Speaker 2: So well, no, I got a disability pass before.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you because I know that Randy had given you some passes.
Speaker 2: That was the first time. No, I mean, okay, yeah, no, we would get a disability pass. And you're looking at a little interview there at the park with the problem is people were it's.
Speaker 1: Because you ran, it's not. And by the way you you did it ross you went through because he has a son with a disability, and not because he a handicapped person, which some of you lunatics were doing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So they saw that and they're like, well, need we need to end the policy. So now I guess the way we do it if this is still the way they said they're gonna do it, okay, is if we were to go we would have like a zoom or like a team's meeting or something. You know over the phone, and then we would have a meeting with them and they would assess our son.
Speaker 1: Do you have to literally like have your son on camera? Yeah, and like yeah, I mean because there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of people there. That just sounds so weird to me. But no, I mean it's either that or do it in person at the park. But they are doing it in advance now to save time because people.
Speaker 1: But they're also assessing without a medical thing, your son's ability.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a doctor or who it would be with no idea, I don't know. But I mean there are people that abuse it, and that's why they're doing it.
Speaker 1: Oh there's no question. Yeah, and there's no question there. But three hundred and forty dollars don't get Look, I will, I've spent money. I've spent way too much money on vacation stuff with like random Like I rented a helicopter one time. Don't do that. It's really expensive. But I want to fly over a volcano. So what are you gonna do? Yeah, I know that sounds smart, but my point is three hundred and forty times it would be so off putting to me. And I'm even willing to splurge on stuff, and that is and that's per day.
Speaker 2: Holy yeah, I couldn't even enjoy it. If I paid that, I wouldn't be a joy Sunday Park right the whole time. I'd be thinking, I just paid what you know.
Speaker 1: What it's like. It's like people who order bottles at clubs. Now you can do whatever you want with your money and look like. I like me at cocktail as much as the next guy. But if you just paid four hundred dollars for a bottle of Tito's so you can sit in the VIP, you can't have any fun there. I know people do. I just don't get it. It's why I don't really like Vegas, right, because it's just Vegas used to be get the comps if you're doing the thing. And I would go for a conference every year, and I would go and I'd sit in one of those fixed buy in poker games. I could play those. You didn't burn a few hours drinks coming in whatever. Sometimes you win. I won one time I had to fill out a tax for him and everything. Very proud of myself, but holy crap, man, man a car play Boston Paul Car payments six to eight hundred dollars. Now, what are you driving a Maserati, dude? Or you just have crap credit? Oh it's probably you from Boston. Okay, I'm sorry. Get that kick in the ribs in. That's that's harsh. I shouldn't be picking on a fan of the second to last ranked NFL power team. So yeah, dude, And and it's like, I'm not in I wouldn't. I couldn't enjoy myself in that situation three or forty two. But I also understand why people go to Disney cause and even I don't have kids, and I could admit it must be amazing to watch the excitement level of your kid when they get boots on the ground at Disney.
Speaker 2: Dude, the first time Lincoln got in the People Mover, he was so excited.
Speaker 1: And you were excited because that's your favorite ride. You're like, that's my boy, it is.
Speaker 2: The greatest ride at Disney.
Speaker 1: It's okay, well, okay, so that's two votes for it being the greatest, right, all right? Good? But currently leading the Hayes House election, So not leading the election, Kamala Harris or maybe I don't know, you know how I feel about polls. But Honestly, I can't. I couldn't figure out how she is.
Speaker 4: Just just down at the border talking with border agents. And they will tell you, and I'm sure you probably I know you investigate and you are a series journalist. Well, they will tell you we need more judges, we need to process, we need to process those cases faster. We need this support or or or.
Speaker 1: Here's how you need less judges. Go through and do initial interviews again and actually hold the letter of the law. You'd be surprised how many cases ain't making it, and when people are bringing in handwritten scripts and just handing it to you, which is another thing. And I talked to the head of the Border patrol MS. I don't know who you were talking to. I talked to the head of the Border Patrol and the head of the Border Patrols Union. I drank beer with them, although the one dude didn't drink, which I don't know how you were in the capacity of the border patrol and don't drink. But okay, I actually I sat there because they rubbing my radio row. I talked to both those individuals, and you're right, every aspect of it is overloaded. But a lot of them feel that maybe you're skipping some steps that normally nip some of this, right, But also you were down there for the first time in what your entire vice presidency, right, And I know she went to Guatemala and she went to Mexico City, but actually physically there in Texas or wherever she went, that was the first time. Man. But anyway, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Go ahead for those cases that should be prosecuted. They need more resources, and Congress ultimately is the only place that that's going to get fixed.
Speaker 3: Brett. That's how the system works. That's the premise this question.
Speaker 6: There were ninety plus executive orders that were rescinded in the first days.
Speaker 3: Many of those were Trump or Price.
Speaker 6: So I'm not going to stay here because there's other things to talk about. But you frequently talked to the Border Patrol Union for support of that bipartisan bill, and they did, they supported it, but they also just endorsed Donald Trump and said, you've been quote a failure with border security. Why do you think they said that.
Speaker 4: I think they're frustrated and I get it.
Speaker 1: Ah. And then you remember Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton, Yes, yesterday we played the audio for you Bill Clinton was He's literally on the stump in the South design from the campaign. Okay, that's his reason, that's why he was down there. And even he looked like he's actively working against her, actively working against her. And uh Brett Bear, of course he was going to head there as well as he should. Sorry, my button bars being wacky. Okay, we good, all right. So, and what Clinton was referring to was the Lake and Riley thing, right, the death of the Georgia college student there, the murder of the Georgia college student there, the horrific murder if you remember how she was murdered, the shock that it brought to not just Georgia but the entire country. And Clinton's like, yeah, well, they should have been vetted better. Well, that's an indictment of I don't know.
Speaker 6: Borders are here, Jocelyn Hungary, Rachel Morin. They are young women who were brutally assaulted and killed by some of the men who were released at the beginning of the administration, well before a negotiated bipartisan bill. Former President Clinton actually referred to Lake and Riley Sunday campaigning for You and Georgia, saying, if those men had been properly vetted, Lake and Riley probably would not have been killed. So if it wouldn't have happened, this is well before any negotiation, This is well before Donald Trump got involved in the politics. This is a specific policy decision by your administration to release these men into the country.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying to you, do you.
Speaker 6: Know those families really I think an apology.
Speaker 4: Let me just say, first of all, those are tragic cases. There's no question about that. There is no question about that. And I can't imagine the pain that the families of those victims have experienced for a laws that should not have occurred.
Speaker 3: So do you agree that is true?
Speaker 4: It is also true that if a border of security had actually been passed nine months ago, it would be nine months that we would have had more border agents at the border, more support for the folks who are working around the clock trying to hold it all together.
Speaker 3: Madam Vice President, ensure.
Speaker 1: That Bear's going to hit her with the actual fact here.
Speaker 3: He would occur.
Speaker 4: And this election in twenty days well determine whether we have a president of the United States who actually cares more about fixing a problem, even if it is not to their political advantage in an election. Because there was a solution, Bret Madam.
Speaker 3: Vice President.
Speaker 6: It was a policy decision in the early part of your administrative Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the point that Bear's making is also those murderers or alleged murderers, their entry predated that negotiation, right, So that bill that was only twelve percent of funding for the border and the rest was for Ukraine, which, by the way, we got to talk about that that didn't exist, that horribleness. And ICE put out numbers here about a month ago, which immediately got buried in the news cycle. They put them out on a Friday. I know you're shocked that said that, the of the folks release into the interior of the country, they knowingly released four hundred and twenty five thousand convicted criminals, thirteen thou or fifteen thousand of which are were convicted of rape or sexual assault, either here or in whatever country they're coming from. And thirteen thousand and ninety nine were murderers. Those are ICE's numbers. Those are this administration's numbers. I'll let you I'll let you come to how you feel about that while we figure out how to feel about the weather. Apathy. I don't know this is there. It's a little chillier than usuals. Yeah, up, get your coach out, man up. So maybe you feel better if I snowed all of our snow. It stowed at us here he had the Alpine so yesterday, so that was.
Speaker 8: A cool mountain too. It's snowed there. You got mid upper twenties out in the mountains. Does that make anybody feel better?
Speaker 1: I love you know why because it reminds me of fall hunting season and football. Yeah, a dude, there's nothing. There's nothing, but I know that some people just don't get it. There is nothing better than being out there on a nice, crisp morning, glassing, you know, glass in the area you're going to be hunting, getting ready, figuring out where your blind's gonna I mean all of that, dude. I is the best time of the year for a lot of Yeah.
Speaker 8: That and the best time of year for football too.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah.
Speaker 3: Used to love those.
Speaker 8: Days instead of the two days during the summertime. I was kind of like, boy, this is nice. Yeah, so had great weather for all that stuff. Yeah, so where were we? About ten degrees below normal yesterday, upper fifties, low sixties on average across the region. Yvery day lows were in the forties and we're as bad. But this morning the breath of the chilliest are from about high Point, Greensboro, Winston Salem and west where we're seeing low to mid thirties. There are some areas as you go east closer to forties, you get around carrying down towards Fayetville where it's actually forty five right now. So there's kind of a dividing line, and that's why the frost advisory kind of stops. I mean, Dirham's in it, but Raleigh's not, wake Forest is not. So it's you know, you're very poor Durham. Yeah, yeah, poor Durham. Right from west to east, you know, it gets colder west. Obviously, we're freeze warnings in the mountains. And there's really not a bunch to say, even though I'm kind of rambling on and on. Over the next several days, except a warm up, the nighttime lows that come up the daytime hide will actually go above normal, which should be near or just above seventy degrees. We're going to get there. Not today, sunshine probably climb back into the load of mid sixties tonight forty with some thirties around and tomorrow the midnupper sixties. The weekend is going to be great for whatever it is, low mid seventies right on into early next week, and by the middle of next week the triangle in around Raleigh and Durham may hit eighty by about Wednesday. So the message is going to be dry warming trend. Even the nighttime lows will come back to normal, which will be in the mid upper forties. I think we get there too, So little chili jackets the next few mornings. I'm not saying you won't need a jacket over the weekend, but don't bring it and forget it where you brought it, because yeah, in the afternoon I'll be in shorts till it's like ten degrees.
Speaker 1: So please, Yeah, that's what I think it. So it is even real nice. Yeah, I don't wear a jacket. I like you, man, keep it up. Good work, thank you. Yep, there you go. Yeah, and I shouldn't say poor Durham. That's ross. That's not fair. Look now, if today, if you get murdered for your vehicle or twenty dollars, your body will not decompose it fast. So that's good, you know, for the family, for the open kid it's good. It's good. See, I'm making lemonade out of crazy violent lemons, all right, seven forty nine hang on, all right, so yeah, Stephen Kennell join us. In fact, I'm gonna make a new law. There's going to be one Steven, so I don't screw them up. New rule, sorry, Colbert. And we still have like four or five of the Harris cuts. We will get to all of it before the end of the show. I'm not gonna be able to fit it in, all right. Now. In fact, we got trans surgery and I ran, I guess we just have two more cuts, but I don't have enough time for him because it's like three and a half minutes of stuff. I will say this though, this is pretty crazy. You know. One of the big talking points is well, crime is actually down. Yeah, if you look at the FBI crime statistics from twenty twenty two that were released last year, actually they show a two one decrease in violentine. You've heard this talking point, right, and you're and you're asking yourself, how is that possible? Because you watch the news, you know what your local statistics are. You see the insanity of people uh looting stores, and you're let how is the how is it down? And then you realize they're scroll with the numbers. They're scroll with the numbers. Uh. And there's different ways that they do it. One they simply don't report to the FBI. Two, they reclassify the crime, so they have a crime that normally would be a felony of felonious theft, and they change the number like California did, so it's not a misdemeanor. They make the make it a higher target. And then they also sometimes are pushing it out into adjacent municipalities and so like in Chicago. While the city of Chicago, may I tell you the murders down, if you go to First Ring suburbs like Buffalo Grove and others, murder rates are up. But there's another way. Apparently, according to the a adjustment that was made yesterday by the FBI, they have readjusted the twenty twenty They revised them, you know, like they do the unemployment numbers. Apparently they revise the quote final crime data from twenty twenty two that allows the talking point of a two point one percent decrease, and they added a few things. Oh number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Look at that. I know we're talking all about the Kamala interview, but I got to come up from air or drive into a concrete divider after the show to help us do that. It's Steven Kent joining us this morning, our NERD corresponding, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Steven doing great?
Speaker 5: And a should be back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, aren't you lucky? We don't have to talk about the Kamala interview. We can talk about other stuff because holy.
Speaker 5: Hell, man, preston peace. Kamala, Harris, don't do an interview with Brett Bear before you've practiced?
Speaker 1: Who knew Brett Bear Giant Slayer by simply just asking questions? Pretty crazy stuff. So but let me let me kick over a little a little more to the meat of why we're here. And I'm gonna start with a personal frustration, which is very selfish, but it's okay. I'm a big fan of horror movies. What you what would you say? Your favorite genre is sci fi horror.
Speaker 5: Rom co my favorite my favorite my favorite genre is political thrillers, so dramas.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like, I like you're talking like a good spy movie politically. I get down with those, Yeah, totally. But if I'm gonna start kind of geeking and if I'm going to actively seek out stuff, it's probably gonna be horror movies because there's you know, a lot of stuff that's hard to find. Any of that. And I'm a sucker for this time of the year because yeah, hey, Halloween and a lot of public locations and put out lists which obviously are clickbait, and it's mostly the same movies every time. But who you may come across something that's streaming because the list now will tell you where it's streaming that you didn't realize, and then boom, you get to go ahead and check it out. But I can't anymore. I just can't. This is just one. I'm looking at the Variety list here for Variety magazine, and there's others. We can't just have a list anymore of stuff because I'm getting into this thing and it's like, well, this movie is quite troubling for their man'splaining right, because then they inject they filter all of these things. I'm sorry that a nineteen thirties Japanese Godzilla movie has sexism in it? Why is this what you're writing about it? Which is just one of the examples here. This is why we can't have nice stuff. This is your wheelhouse, right as who writes for websites all this stuff is there? Are there editors just sitting over there telling you, like, well, make sure you point out all the you know, the bigotry in this in this Kirosawa film, like how does this happen? Because it's now ruined. It ruins the whole thing for me. So I said, this is selfish, But I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know. To me, it is all about the economy of clicks. I mean, there are so many entertainment websites and review sites out there, and a lot of the ones that are like for parents, that are like commonsense media dot com. I remember my mom used to use it all the time when I was younger, and she would, you know, way whether or not a movie was appropriate based on sex and violence and stuff like that. But a lot of these more editorial type websites where they're talking more about cultural values, they need traffic, and there is no better way to survive than generate traffic based on hate clicks, and that is driven by doing these sort of you know, lefty type reviews of movies where you point out all the problematic things in the movie, you know, Hannibal or Silence or the Lambs or whatever, and then you get people to go and check out your review because they hate it. This is actually a part of the market for entertainment websites and it derives me crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I in good faith I clicked on that link. I didn't click on the Variety link because okay, you know, Variety does just do stuff that's generic. But I like how Variety will put where stuff is streaming. I think that's useful, because Lord knows, there's way to me, there's I don't know how many you have. I have way too many, I know I do. But if there's something on there I might be able to go catch, I'm good to go. So in good faith I clicked on this list, and now in my brain, I'm like, screw Variety. I'm not clicking on any of your stuff, as hard as that is to say. So congratulations on that. By the way, the according to the number one horror movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which is respectable to put up there, and not The Exorcist, which is the usual one. I did see another list where they had, Uh uh was it Jordan Peters? Who does who does? Who does? The black themed horror movies? They've had a couple, uh, kind of big ones, Jordan Peele.
Speaker 5: Georgiana Peterson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought I thought that there. I thought that the movie was. I thought those were good movies as a horror fan, right, the one where he's got to go visit the parents, that's good And I thought, nope's pretty funny movie. Did you see?
Speaker 5: Nope, I did see. I saw it in theaters. I was I was hoping it would be a little bit more spooky, but it ended up kind of just being an m Night Chemalan type.
Speaker 1: You know, that's good enough because there's a lot of bad horror out there and some people like to watch just bad horror. And I had as where they had Jordan Peel's movies, those two in the top five, and I'm like, just stop it, stop it right, yeah, And it gives me, It gives me black Panther vibes, like I like that movie immensely. And it's like, but every time I would say no, I thought it was a good movie. I was then explained to me why I'm supposed to think it's a good movie, and I'm like, no, I just thought it was a good movie.
Speaker 5: It's not. I would like to be I would like to be frightened. But one of their primary metrics for Fear is whether or not it's a socially conscious movie that tells us something about the real world that we should really be afraid of, Like your white neighbors and get out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, maybe them stealing your souls. Oh spoiler, that will rise above than them not inviting you to a picnic, you know, yeah, microaggression or murder. I'm a little more scored of the other. All right, So just sorry, little personal vendetta there, But that's that's how we roll. I have a question you and Ross and I although you're a little younger than us, but we like the Saturday Morning cartoons. There's gonna be a lot of crossover, right the stuff that we watched, which was the Superior cartoon lineup. I would point out that way. You would agree with that, I would agree. Okay, does everything be a live action movie with a big name attached to it? Does everything have to be? Because now they want to do Voltron with Henry Cavill doo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, this is this is like when they when they brought in Brian Cranston to be in in the Power Rangers movie. I mean, it's just sort of one of these grabbing of a star for this sort of goofy, campy Saturday morning type programming that nobody is really asking for this. I mean, Voltron is cool. It was fine for its time. I'm glad we all enjoyed it. There's nobody sitting around going, God, I want to live action adavocation of Vultron. This will really make me happy. Now, it will probably let you down because you're not twelve anymore, and Henry Cavell is not going to be able to save this thing.
Speaker 1: It's and it's too bad. I like Henry Cavill too, like the whole great thing. Yeah, and then everything that you can tell he's not a fan of any of that woke stuff either, with everything that happened with him, and I like Vultron just fine. But I also feel like I don't need a live action Jetson's Okay, I don't. I don't need a live action ThunderCats, right, we don't.
Speaker 5: I've I've been sitting around waiting for a live action Dragon Ball Z and Beast Wars my entire life.
Speaker 1: Come on, wait, I bet, wait, hold on, I bet you're one of these people who got I'm sorry, were you involved? Were you one of the victims of the Pokemon data breach? I didn't put this in the stack. Did you see this thing?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I saw that data breach, and I'm like, well, at least there's no way in hell my information was compromised. So yeah, yeah, not I yeah, they have themselves a data breach. Yeah. So anyway, Yeah, they want to do a live action Voltron with Henry Cavill. And it's like, and I don't look, I understand that it's a race for ips because nobody has any ideas.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's basically that's basically what it's come down to is you've just got one race for retro television show after another. I mean, there are some video game adaptations coming out here. There's going to be Warhammer, There's going to be a World of Warcraft movie. You know, the Warhammer is coming to I believe Amazon. And again, this is sort of the modern market of going for these very very small, niche audiences rather than wide acclaim and wide appeal. We are past the theater Blockbuster era, where that's what you have to try to make. You know, this is going to be some series for a very small segment of the market who exist on Amazon Prime, and that's about it, and that's all they need to do to justify their existence. I actually don't really I don't really like this approach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and but also what they would do, especially if you're Voltron people. You know, in their mind they're looking at that transformer's money, right, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course. But at the end of the day, I mean, all these adaptations, they are an insult to the art of animation.
Speaker 3: Animation is in.
Speaker 5: Itself an art. It's a valid form of expression, and you don't have to take an animated series from the nineties or any time and turn it live action in order for it to be legitimate. Voltron was fine on its own. It was a cool piece of artistic expression. Leave it alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and especially if you decide you're gonna woke it up. And for those of you go come on, casey, you're exaggerating. I would I would challenge you to check out Japanese cartoons and anime stuff and go to the forums where they look at the dubs, and you will find that, yeah, yeah, you know exactly where I'm going with this. You will find out that when they dub these things to English, they just randomly change stuff and they'll like, they'll insert that a character's day and it's not the translation. It wasn't in sexuality wasn't even discussed in there. So like it's all it happens every single day, and there's whole websites dedicated to mocking it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Japan is about the least woke place in the world. And that's one of the reasons that manga and anime have become increasingly popular with every passing generation and it is the go to for young men today. Marvel Comics, DC, these are dying brands next to anime and mangas from from Japan, and it is because that they are culturally different, and they are they do well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when they and when you woke them, it stands out more than you know, and it creates disasters. One of the big disasters in that realm was Netflix's adaption of one of the ogs of anime Cowboy Bebop and What And it didn't help if you remember, and this seems to be a running thing. The I don't remember all the carrots. What's the woman's name in Cowboy Bebop? You would notice.
Speaker 5: You put too much trust in me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, but you know so. And and admittedly she's wearing loose clothes and obviously her body is is cartooned, right, And and the actress who played in the series, the first thing she did is make a video of her in a towel in a in a robe like in a hotel room somewhere, scolding the fan base for pointing out that not only does she not look like her character, which could be forgiven because you know, people have normal measurements, but more importantly, she doesn't act like it. And then she scolds them for liking the original character, like it's really the first iteration of the snow white stuff and and they can't get a handle on this, and we sound like a broken record, but they keep doing it.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, then, yeah, that was Fave Valentine from a Cowboy Bebop.
Speaker 3: And you know, at the end of the day, of.
Speaker 5: The fan and the fans are always the problem, and they just want you to smile and take it that they don't ever have to give you anything. That you enjoy about the original series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, and they quickly quickly folded that. All right, let's talk Disney, but not for their Star Wars off very real quick. Look, I'm I'm a guy who's you know, capitalists right and supply and demand, And even though I look at what Disney charges for stuff, if people are paying them, it's I can't complain if I don't want to pay them for it. If people are willing to pay it and they're chock full and their hotels are full, and then that's on them. But three hundred and forty dollars for a fast pass for one day, this is where we are. And it starts to get into a different discussion that some people don't want to have. And it's just weird. And I think it's because there's definite sides to the whole Disney thing. But you know, Disney, how is Disney an inclusive company if they're charging three hundred and forty dollars for that one hundred and some dollars per part for daily passes, which would be on top of you know, this thing would be on top of it. You could be five hundred dollars in per day on a single ticket holder. But also people were abusing not just fast path, they were abusing like passes that were handed out to people with disabilities. Why they'd be like renting disabled people. I mean, just the worst of society. So I mean, where do you stand on this? Are they cutting out their nose to spike their face? Are they catering exclusively to the rich? Or it's just just the market. And if the market will support then the market was supported.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think the market will support it, but there will be people who who buy this. And this goes back to a old narrative about the Disney adults. And it's something that I've said many times on many shows, which is that disney World and Disney as a brand increasingly caters to young tech workers who make six digits and are in their twenties, unmarried, and childless.
Speaker 3: Much of Disney World's.
Speaker 1: Economy the childless cat ladies thing.
Speaker 5: How do I mean? Well, yeah, I did, And it's because you can look at like the Star Wars Star Cruiser Hotel that you know did not survive as a wonderful example of that. That was a luxury experience that cost several thousand dollars that was not targeted towards families. It was targeted toward twenty eight or thirty year old Star Wars fans who work at Microsoft and have disposable income, and these passes are an extension of of that very same culture. This is not a family park anymore, and we're looking at price tags that reflect that they are trying to figure out ways to survive given that reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also this is still a money maker for them, and some of their stuff hasn't really been making as much money as it used to. But that's another story for another day. We are up. Our time is up, so I do appreciate it. Steven. We'll chat soon, sir. Until next time, make sure you follow Steven on the twitters. We'll get something retweeted, so you can do that. At Casey on the radio, go check that out. So he's got nerd News extraordinary. We'll be back hang on all right, So around, I just want to make sure I had the correct time. So it's seven five. Rollsville High School went onto a code red lockdown. Code red means no one in, no one out. Students remain in classrooms, doors locked. Parents. They asked obviously that you don't come to the school, and r El's reporting it's not known what caused the lockdown. I have people emailing me, listeners emailing me giving me first hand accounts of what students are telling them. There's they're they're high schoolers. But again it's like, you know, it's like ten can games. So I don't know what's up. I will say that I do have at least one emailer who is recounting what her high schooler told her, saying that a shooter tried to gain access to his class through a window. I don't know if that's an exterior window or if there's interior windows like on the doors. And again, this is this is just I'm not I'm not throwing this out there too, because it's not. Nothing's going to change, right. They're on the Code red lockdown, law enforcement doing their things, school doing their things, So whatever's happening is happening. And I hope it's not this. I hope that this is you know, kids imagination and rumors. But I don't know. But I'm sure that some parents out there looking for answers. I don't have any, but that's what I'm being told. It is their version of what's going on. I can't independently confirm it one way or the other, so I don't know. But you know, here's the thing. You don't get all the information i'll tell you. So let me tell you something that most people don't know. Do you remember the shooter with that killed the folks at the golf course community in Raleigh, including a Raleigh police officer who was I he was headed into work or coming home. What they didn't tell you, or at the very least it wasn't big information, is that kid had school shooter plans man on that laptop that according to multiple sources within law enforcement. Now does that change anything? I don't know, but I think parents at that school might have been interested. Why why why why didn't we get into that? I remember like, wait, wait a second, that's the thing. Why isn't that being the thing that's discussed? But at first I thought they were discussing it because maybe he had a buddy, like a Columbine. But then I never saw anything over it. So you tell me so again, they're they're doing their thing up there, but as a parent, obviously they don't want you showing up trying to go in and rescue your kids, so probably won't go well for you. All right, what is there? Okay? All right, now I'm getting to the rest of the college. Do what is wrong with some people?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna put that at the very end of the show because screw you. How's that? Yes, I'm that childish. I will talk. I'm talking about a school that's in lockdown, you piece of crap, parents sitting there not knowing what's going on. Oh why are you showing? You play the rest of the Harris audio and your quote rambling? Dude, I hope your kid is never in a school that's in lockdown where rumors are flying around. That's some maniac with a gun tried to get in their window to shoot them. I'll take as much time of my show to do that as I want. Okay, and talk about Disney fast passes. I'm sorry, your buddy, this probably isn't the show for you.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: I'm sure over at Public Radio they got something more to your liking. Maybe your child speak and say so it's something you can keep up with. Get out of here. I want to talk about God'szilla movies. I will, but I'm talking about potentially an active shooter. In fact, let's talk about stupid people, since obviously you are one. Did you see the idiot who thought he was striking a blow against the Jews or whatever, however revolutionary way they phrase it, which is according to the video I saw, the protest was just the Jews, as one dude was screaming. And then I thought it was funny because he's like death, He's like death desionists, and then the Jews, and then people like, we don't say the Jews, and I'm like, but he just said death to them. I think that that's going to be the bigger issue than miss lately. But that's just me, all right. So with that in mind, uh oh, let's send to New Jersey, because of course we're going to head to New Jersey where a freedom fighter talked about that time she made a whoopsie pre palestig. Look what was she looking at?
Speaker 2: Do you know, Dan, Well, there is a genocide. You know it's a genocide.
Speaker 9: Now I stop it.
Speaker 2: You're taking I'm taking this.
Speaker 5: Now take this one.
Speaker 4: Down right here?
Speaker 1: What are you going to? Dick's you name? All right? So that is a woman who is tearing the flag off the front of this business russ You noticed anything about that flag? You're your eagle eyed anything about that flag? This freedom fighter is taking to you know, strike strike a blow back at the Zionist You notice anything about that flag?
Speaker 2: I did mention it. Yeah, she's really pissed off with the Greek people, apparently. I don't know what they did to her.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean maybe they did that one.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it's the same colors, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. Yeah, she tore it. She went to a Greek restaurant and stole their flag because it happens to have some similarities to the Israeli flag.
Speaker 2: Did they have the Star of David on it? It did not, but that's because that's in the center of their flag.
Speaker 1: Look at you, mister. I don't leave the country, but I know, stuff, what do you you have? And she's and then she makes a video out of it. That's the crazy thing too. I don't know if she if it's her, is that her friend filming or somebody filming? But then she like made a TikTok that time, what does it say? Hold on, it's just so dumb that time, I uh, yeah, here we go. The time I mistakenly thought the flag for Greek, which, by the way, that's genius. Ross. You ever been to Greek? You ever thought of wanting to go to Greek? Maybe Athens Greek?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Greek is nice. This time of year is to Greek.
Speaker 2: They had a rough go with their economy a few years back, right, it's pretty bad, remember that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I remember that. I was late. He had to help his buddy to get to the Greek, get him to the Greek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rough year for him too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, by ma'am, I'm starting to think you're not smart. I'm starting to think that you're not not very intelligent. Oh man, that's great. Honestly, I'm actually more for the Greek restaurant too. You gotta think that's hilarious. You're like, man, big fat Italian or my big fat Greek wedding. Yeah that's us, not the not the mauzle tough thing. Oh and then she's still obstinate about it. That's funny. You know, there's there's a lot of flags that kind of look like the US flag, or at least it could be, uh you know, perhaps maybe just possibly confused for US flags. So I'm sure you know, when people wanting to protest us. It's happened before, but this absolute lunatic one didn't know that's Greece's flag, and then also thinks it's called Greek. So by all means politically throw in with her. Do you think the bac Leva would have like tipped her off? Man, let me, let me, let me help any of you who hate Israel and want to go decimate flags that you see at random restaurants. If there's a Star of David in the middle is ross plant, that's an Israeli flag. If there's the colors but not the thing and they're serving meat wrapped in weird leaves, that's the Greek flag. H Oh, No, hold on, dude, the Greek bosma or restaurant Holly Springs has the best kabbab. Well, we must go assault them, immediately steal their flags. Oh that's when you hate so much, but don't do research. That's how that happens. And thank you for that. I needed that. Raced agic from the weather Channel. Some anti semi I thought she was striking a blow against Israel by stealing the flag off the front of this restaurant. But it's a green restaurant. The flags are the same color, probably, and she thinks the country is called Greek and not Greece.
Speaker 2: Interesting she's figured out her explains a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, I can't believe she probably it's probably a medical student. Very wise woman, obviously not so wise as to, uh, you know, No, strodamis the weather, which is what we're gonna ask Ray to do right now. Yeah it sucks, sir, Yeah, yeah, it's it's great.
Speaker 2: It's a little chili.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 8: There are some thirties triad west. There were some twenties earlier in the mountains, and everybody recovers nicely today, still below average, but the low sixties up a little bit tonight, mid upper thirties, close to forty from the triangle in points east. And then Friday we wrap up the week with sunshine. Saturday, Sunday more sunshine, upper sixties to low seventies on average. Next week it could be it at the upper seventies by about Tuesday, Wednesday, some of us might hit eighty.
Speaker 2: So the dry weather's going to continue.
Speaker 8: The new drought monitor just came out, actually, and yeah, as I expected. Still, it's kind of funny, not funny, haja, but funny. How you see the area's hardest hit by the last couple of tropical systems. Milton and Helene don't have any areas of drought. It's eastern South Carolina a little sliver and southeast Georgia that kind of bear the brunt of both of those storms that have low levels of drought. But the rest of US Virginia, North Carolina, most of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida no levels of drought. But the rest of the country, Honestly, if you go west in desperate need of rainfall, especially in the nation's midsection. So the message is really there's no rain and we're not going to get anything. That's going to change anything for the better for many of us east of the Mississippi, and certainly there's some of us casey, you don't even want the rain, but expect dry weather, plenty of clear sky with high pressure dominating probably through the middle of next week, maybe even longer.
Speaker 1: Send the rein to Wyoming. Our ranch is part of the evacuated part of it is. Nobody lives on that part of the ranch, but the elk fire is burning onto the edge of our property.
Speaker 8: Yeah, which which part which part of the state's at Sheridan, so south.
Speaker 1: It's Montana border and the Big Horns. It's called the Elk Fire, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So we've got D three and D four some of the higher levels of drought in Montana right now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, right across from Wyoming. Yeah, it's bad. We're right across there and it's uh. They're going to probably evacuate a old town's wild.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sounds.
Speaker 1: Pretty bad stuff.
Speaker 8: So I think there's a storm. Yeah, I think there's a storm coming in. They make it so precpt this weekend.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'll bribab me three feet of snow because that's how lls. But we'll take it all right, Thanks man, appreciate it, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on.
Speaker 9: Well, good morning, Casey. A couple of reports just in from Washington, both better than expected. Investors got an upside surprise and the government's report on September retail sales consumers were spending last month. Overall sales were up four tenths percent. With autos excluded, sales wore up half a percent. The weekly report on new claims for unemployment benefits suggests the job market is holding up nicely. The Labor Department counted two hundred and forty one thousand first time applications last week, nineteen thousand fewer than the prior week. It's now thought the previous week's tally was inflated by claims from states that were affected by Hurricane Helene. You'll soon be able to visit a Walt Disney theme park and skip the long lines, but it's going to cost you. Resorts in California and Florida are going to start testing the Lightning Lane Premiere.
Speaker 3: Pass later this month.
Speaker 9: Pass Holders will be able to use a special Lightning Lane entrance several busy rides for a full day. Disney expects to sell the passes for three hundred to four hundred dollars per day per guest. Prices will be based on date and demand. The company says the number of passes available each day will be very limited. Meta platforms had a round of layoffs. We don't know how many. The parent of Facebook and Instagram says some roles were eliminated as teams were reorganized. Amazon dot com Z reader is getting its first ever color screen. The Kindle Colorsoft, will be available for shipping at the end of this month with prices starting at two hundred and eighty dollars, and j C. Penny is going to target cash strapped, working class shoppers this holiday season. Casey Women's Wear Daily says the chain is planning to hold prices to year ago levels and sell most of the items in its gift assortment for less than twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Casey most famous company from Wyoming. Just want to point that out. It's the only thing we got, so all right, Yeah, sorry, little things get us excited. Jeff, have Yourselfaga, what's her appreciate?
Speaker 9: Okay, you two take care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're at ross. Did you know j C Penny Wyoming