Speaker 1: All right, This the MAVs a Minute brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater, redefining the way you experienced concerts. And the ratings are in for last night, and it was a massive audience tuned in for MAVs Lakers. Two point five million the average viewers on TNT and it peaked at two point nine million. That is a massive, massive amount of people tuned in for a game in which Luca got to play his former team, the Dallas Mavericks. Man, I saw some reports where the secondary ticket sales market. Ticket sales are up, the prices up in LA by nineteen percent, down forty percent in Dallas. The impact of this trade is just massive. It would help if Ad would get healthy. And it was great to see Ad out there shooting before the game. And so if Anthony Davis comes back, it really really helps. Probably it probably helps. And should we take any encouragement skin by the fact that he was out there shooting?
Speaker 2: Does that mean anything?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm taking some encouragement out of it. I don't know. I don't have any details or anything like that, but just looking at it, you know, the alternatives are like, all right, he may have surgery, which obviously he ain't playing again, and if he's out there shooting, I'm looking at that going. All right, progress, give me progress, because I think they can hang on and get a play in spot without Anthony Davis.
Speaker 4: It's going to be hard, but I think they could.
Speaker 3: If they were to be able to get Anthony Davis back in mid April after just at least stand in the mix, dude, they could go on a crazy long run. But that's just so far in the future. It's hard to fathom. They are five and five in their last ten since the trade.
Speaker 1: All right, that has been the MAVs Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for information on how to own a firepit suite or join the Akman Club. This is opening in twenty twenty six. Gotta go check this out. This is really cool looking. Have you've seen the new live minute music venue coming to McKinney again Sunset Texas dot Com Coming in twenty twenty six, But right now it's staff for this.
Speaker 5: And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Day featuring veteran news anchor kt funtweets.
Speaker 3: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 5: Just there, we added a band to the BFD lineup. Yes, May twenty fifth is when BFD is happening. Chavelle, Marilyn Manson, Pod Evans, Blue Slip. There are we've hadding we're uning Stabbing Westward to the mix. Hey, that's nice. So they got an interesting story. Their their singer got throat cancer but it survived it and he's recovered.
Speaker 4: His voice is back much like skin. Hell yeah, so.
Speaker 3: And I'm a member of Stabbing Westward now, No, they're letting you in. Yeah, I'm the drum tech.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the name comes from.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a good you're stabbing So you're you're saying, hey, we don't like the West Coast.
Speaker 3: No, they're saying they're putting their hands on their hips and they're stabbing some action out there. Hmmm, Christina, No, yeah, ye.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'll do some research and see if I can find the real meaning. Thank you will for tomorrow's show.
Speaker 2: Can you find it by the end of the segment.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's possible.
Speaker 3: I'm excited that they're on the bill, though, it was already a good bill, so that's cool.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, I had another one.
Speaker 5: Get your tickets at livenation dot com beifty May. We'll all be there, big party and also be listening because we've been giving away tickets as well.
Speaker 6: They're kind of go ahead shows giving away tickets. Huh, woody shows giving away tickets the right.
Speaker 4: Listen for that.
Speaker 3: They're kind of like precursors to the whole Lincoln Park thing, no, the new metal thing, right, Yeah, yeah, I think they're on the you know, kind of like I think corns a little bit like that, Like they're out in front of it, like, you know, paving the way as it were.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: They also were compared a little bit to nine inch nails in their early days as well.
Speaker 1: So makes sense. Well, but everything got the answer to the question, all right. The band Stabbing Westward got its name from a speech about fears of communism in the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 4: Oh stab west The.
Speaker 1: Band members came up with the name all working at their college radio station at Western Illinois University.
Speaker 3: While they were taking a history class on Joe McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Joe McCarthy, former Cowboys coach known for his McCarthy as in offense.
Speaker 4: Yep, we have offense was good.
Speaker 5: We have our first measles death in Texas and this outbreak half of this morning. This was a child school age child who was not vaccinated died from measles.
Speaker 4: This is the first measles death in ten years in America. Wow.
Speaker 5: So, as of this morning, one hundred and twenty four cases across nine counties, including nine other county nine other cases in eastern New Mexico as well. Eighteen of those people have been hospitalized. Only five were vaccinated. The rest either have it been vaxed or don't know which. If you asked me if I've been vaccinated for measles, I'd tell, yeah, I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: I assume I went through.
Speaker 3: This not too long ago, and I was like, do I need a tetnis shot? I just sliced my finger open on this rusty breaker box, and I was like, I have no idea when the last time I got a tetnis shot is I don't even know where to find it. So there's a lot of things. And the other thing is, I'm sure we got measles vaccination when we were kids. Does that last forever? Are you supposed to revaccinate. There's what normally happens.
Speaker 5: You get it between twelve and fifteen months, and then between four and.
Speaker 4: Six years old, and then you're good.
Speaker 3: I think, so all right, God, I'm getting medical advice from Kevin.
Speaker 5: This says it's been the last morning news. Measles y virus that can survive in the air for up to two hours. A susceptible, susceptible, We'll get the virus at they're exposed.
Speaker 4: Most kids will recover from measles if they get.
Speaker 5: It, but infection can lead to dangerous complications pneumonia, blindness, oh, brain swelling, and death. Now, this caused a little bit of freak out over the weekend down south at the University of Texas San Antonio, where they sent out a campus alert. Someone that was there to tour the campus had tested positive for the mees. All right, so then they're also like that person went down to the river Walk, he went down to the wax Museum, he went to Ripley's.
Speaker 4: Believe it or not, this guy was really thinking about it.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm gonna spend some time and say, I need to find out if it's the town for me. But that brings us to this afternoon where I do have the latest. We have our first case of measles in DFWNX. It is an adult in rock Wall County. So Gator popall check out, check in on them.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm gonna call them. They do not believe this.
Speaker 5: Officials do not believe this case is connected to the outbreak in West Texas. But wait, they still don't know for sure. That's worse, right, I would say it's probably worse. Yes, what causes measles?
Speaker 2: The measles get in you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get the mess. Yeah, So there is your measles update.
Speaker 5: This story's not going away for a while because the last time we had a big measles outbreak in America was in Chicago a few years ago and there were sixty people. We're at one hundred and twenty four now. They did say this was in a Mennonite community in West Texas. You know what the Mennonites are, right, Yes, kind of crazy, right, smaller people, they're smaller Minia Nites.
Speaker 4: Those are the Menonites. The Mennonites are, are they like religious?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Stuff.
Speaker 3: It sounds like some people that might have been at odds with the Mesopotamians.
Speaker 4: Oh, Mesopotamia.
Speaker 5: That was That was me in sixth grade, going, do we need to learn about this or not? Where are the things that really matter for life? When will this come into play in form?
Speaker 2: Weird?
Speaker 4: That's weird. It's like, I don't know if we need to know now. I would like to.
Speaker 5: I've been sitting on this for a couple of days, and the reason is hashit. It's been kind of stockpiling. Let's get this some big deaths that have happened, and that does sound uplifting, I know, but just let's start with Clint Hill. And I said Clint. He was the Secret Service agent who leaped onto JFK's limousine as it came under fire, and he kept Jacqueline Kennedy from falling off right after the gunfire. He died this weekend at the age of ninety three. Uh is it leaped or left? I really don't know. I think it's left, okay, But.
Speaker 3: I feel like I have seen the word leap print.
Speaker 2: He leaped into save and said he leaped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always thought it was let, but I do believe I've seen leaped in print.
Speaker 4: It just sounds weird to me. Sounds weird.
Speaker 2: Get this, Rogers.
Speaker 5: According to my sources who covered all kinds of things, both leaped and left are correct.
Speaker 4: Fantastic, can use either one.
Speaker 5: The horse leaped over the fence, the horse left over the fence. I'll take the horse wasn't that athletic and rammed right into the fence is my favorite.
Speaker 4: Ye, So shout out to clant.
Speaker 2: Is it weird that we still don't know what happened that day?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I know, do we not? I know?
Speaker 2: I don't think we do.
Speaker 6: There were more files they like discovered. Did you see that maybe like a month ago?
Speaker 4: Trump put him out there?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: He put him out there?
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 4: They reacted or.
Speaker 2: I think they're redacted. Here's what happens when a permanent marker writes on something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lee Harvey shot the president. Dude. I think it's simple.
Speaker 3: I'm very very confident the three hoboes were involved.
Speaker 1: I think they were involved to and I think there was a triangular crossfire.
Speaker 4: And Woody Harrelson knows the answer. You know what's wild?
Speaker 5: And I used to like kind of be into this a little bit, but man, after the more the years go by, I just don't care anymore.
Speaker 4: Like you know what I've seen. I've seen a president get shot in real time.
Speaker 5: Now, that's that's the one that I've I think that one more than I think about the one I wasn't born for yet. And I went down there when you know, like when I was a teen to Dealey Pauza.
Speaker 3: Oh is that when JFK. Junior was supposed to show up.
Speaker 4: You go up to the floor he was supposed to show up.
Speaker 1: I thought he was going to fly down, saying it was a whole different went to the book depository.
Speaker 5: But you stand there where Lee Harvey was the museum, and you look down at the X, and I think they've gotten rid of the X on the street for that reason.
Speaker 4: But people getting run over pretty wild. So we're like fourteen, You're like, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: This is nuts.
Speaker 4: This happened, and everyone's parents were into it.
Speaker 6: Dude, there's still buses. So we live right next to Lee Harvey's old apartment, right, it's still there. They I guess they it's like what historical.
Speaker 4: Oh you can't rent it, yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, they still have buses that stop like constantly. I can't out and take pictures.
Speaker 5: I have a couple of times, because when I go down to Bishop Bart's at Park over there and I'm.
Speaker 4: Just like, look at these people, Yeah, outside of Mike's house. Oh no, they're looking at Lee Harvey's house.
Speaker 3: It'd be it'd be fun to rent out Lee Harvey All's wall apartment for like a Bob Mitzer or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be it. But I found a lot of it had to be a bar mitt So why couldn't we just have a gathering?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 6: It looks like it's in bad shape though, so they need to remodel the inside at least.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, they're not keeping it historically accurate.
Speaker 1: Well, no they are, but yeah, if he was looking there, or would they splice it up for him?
Speaker 3: Well, who don't touch that mildew Yeah, Lee Harvey All's well saw that there right now?
Speaker 4: It's bad.
Speaker 5: Also, Dad, Yep. Her name is Lynn Maurice Stewart. That is Charlie Day's mom on it. It's always Sonny in Philadelphia, Okay, and in many other things and a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: What else, uh pee Wee's playhouse.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 5: Back in the day, she was kind of hot, which is really weird to think of Charlie's mom that way, although in there an episode where Mac bangs Charlie's mom or Dennis Banksy's.
Speaker 2: Mom, Dennis wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I might need to watch those Maybe they just tag teams or I don't know what happened and need to go find all that.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Rest in peace to the Lynn Maveri Stewart strumming my pain.
Speaker 4: With his fingers.
Speaker 5: Roberta Roberta Flack Dad at the age of eighty eight, did killing me softly. I've heard that song was about Kat Stevens, but I heard that from an unreliable source.
Speaker 3: I don't know who that song was about. I love that so great song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, obviously most people probably know the Fuji's version, right.
Speaker 4: She had a really great version to feel like making love? What the Bad Company song? No? I thought, now that is not the version I think.
Speaker 5: And a weird one today at the age of thirty nine, Christina and I may know her.
Speaker 4: As Harriet the Spy. Oh you guys, I don't think you would know her from anything. Honestly, are you talking about what's name Tractonberg? Michelle Tractenberg.
Speaker 6: She's in Gossip Girl too.
Speaker 4: She was in Gossip Girl.
Speaker 5: She was in euro Trip too, if you remember that one, and Harry at the Spine was a huge thing as a kid and just like a Nickelodeon project or whatever. Dead at the edge of thirty one, she was in Six Feet Under for a little bit too.
Speaker 4: A few episodes.
Speaker 5: They think that so will they know that she had a liver transplant, but they think there was some like it's repercussions from that.
Speaker 3: Oh, like the body didn't accept it accept it very well.
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 5: So thirty nine she was found what's her name, Michelle Trachtenberg t r A C.
Speaker 4: H ten Berg. But you were e uh okay, I remember.
Speaker 5: Think about it when I saw her though, like, well, I knew the Harriet the Spy. But then I was like, okay, no, I remember her from because I harrd Spy was a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I read I read the books when I was a kid. I liked him books, Harriet the Spy. Yeah, I think I would have thought you would have read that stuff when you were a girl.
Speaker 4: No, but I loved watching that show. Yeah.
Speaker 5: She was also in music videos for Trapped, the song Echo, the Fallout Boy song This ain't a scene, It's an arms race. So a couple of songs that we might have played on the station a few times. So yeah, there's your uh, four or five deaths that have happened. Yeah, dang, good job, Kevin, Sorry about that.
Speaker 3: All right, it is has been and skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle coming up next. Kevin's got something up his sleeve and we're going to celebrate a really cool anniversary right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle,