Speaker 1: Using free speech to free minds.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the David Night Show.
Speaker 1: At the clock strikes thirteen, It's Wednesday, the second of October. He're of our Lord, twenty twenty four. Well, we're going to begin with the vice presidential debate. I guess we could say is that bait where they they Tienem and Tim into the debate. A couple of interesting things, but it is a show, and we're going to quickly get to the real issue, and that is, in the aftermath of Helene, what are we seeing about the government's actions, not only in action, but actually taking proactive measurements to stop people from being helped as volunteers are trying to do the best they can to help the people that are there. And then what is this all about? And I'm going to talk about not so much the jew engineering that a lot of people are suspicious of, but I'm going to talk about what is being done to this area of the country, Western North Carolina, eastern Tennessee, the lithium mines, the lithium plants, the Tennessee Electric car factory. Of course, all of this stuff very concerning the implications for this area. We'll be right back and of course we will also talk about the strikes as well as the you know, what is happening in Israel and the war escalation there. Hang on a second, we got Karen behind the wheel here, thank you. That's what I need to see, is the screen there. Well, let's talk a little bit about the the game last night. It's a pageant and it was interesting and in some ways I didn't see all of it. I listened to some of it as I was doing show prep. Pre show, we had Tim Walls, who I think now is going to be known forever as Teneman. Tim I think got so much politer moniker than many of the MAGA media have been giving him. But he bragged about mass immigration. Well, this didn't really come up in the debate as far as I could tell. It wasn't something that was like voted by jd Vance. But it really was a soft underbelly of Ti Waltson. He does have a soft underbelly for sure. Schools with fifty languages, he said, beautiful diversity. Well, now I went to school like that. You're not going to learn anything except tribalism and resentment. And when you have that in Minnesota, they are paying billions of dollars for English as a second language, and all these instructors to speak the language of all the kids that are being brought in in mass How do you have a home in an environment like that, because the homes are what pays for the schools for the most part. We've got to break that cycle, that lock. But of course you're not going to hear jd of answered to not Donald Trump talking about property taxes. You're not going to hear them talking about public education or public health, both of which are either going to just destroy our society and kill us. Public health will kill us. Public schools will destroy our society economically, morally, intellectually, destroy us, while they kill us with the public health. We either stop those Marxist organizations or we're done. But it's not even on the radar of the presidential Candidate's not on the radar of any of the GOP so Waltz bragged about it overwhelming a small Minnesota town in late twenty nineteen. Bright Bart News reported extensively on Worthington, Minnesota. With fewer than fourteen thousand residents, The town's taxpayers were forced to hike taxes to the sum of tens of millions of dollars. Well, that means thousands of dollars each, right, how many times its thousands go into millions, Well tens of millions, and they've got tens of thousands, So that's thousands of dollars reach. And that's even before you start getting the laws suits about what these pedophile, grooming, brave new schools are doing to kids. Those chickens are starting to come home to roost already. So I reported last week you got a couple of small towns in Oklahoma where the judgment's one of them five million dollars, one of them seven and a half million dollars. It's more than their insurance cover. So guess what they're going to pass that on to the property owners who are not owners. They're merely renting this from the state so they can continue to pay for the public schools, the government schools. So much of the mass migration in Worthington, minisaid it was a result of the federal government's Unaccompanied Alien Children program and the fact that a JBS pork slaughterhouse attracts newly arrived migrants to the area. And this is the pattern that we've seen over and over again, meat processing plants. We have seen yogurt plants, and yeah, I've talked about this Chobani yogurt. This guy is brought into this country in New York. You've got Chuck Schumer, Christian Gilbrand. They basically give this guy a yogurt factory. The Obama's wife, Michelle, goes on this crusade to get all the schools to eat Greek yogurt that he makes. And before you know it, he's got another yogurt factory out in Idaho and he's bringing in people say the same thing. We're like a little United Nations, everybody speaking of different languages and it's great. And look at how compassionate I am. I've got translators on the floor because we're not going to teach these people speak English. That they learn't how to speak English. They could get another job somewhere, but I want to have them as wage slaves. Yeah, that's right. Slavery is not dead. It's literal slavery in most Muslim countries now, but wage slavery is also an issue in these factories. During a Good Natorial debate in October twenty twenty two, Waltz bragged out the diversity, the diversity and the indebtedness of this small town. We are a state of immigrants that value that. We have more refugees per capita than any other state. And that's not just morally a good thing, it's our economic and cultural future. What a despicable Marxist he is. And that's what he is, a Marxist, China loving Marxist. And the press covering for it, you know, because he will play the clip for you because he got caught and yet another lie about his resume. Always self aggrandizement, always lies, because there's nothing there, nothing there on his resume. So he makes stuff up. He inflates his rank, he makes up other things. What he's doing. Well, when he gets caught out flat footed on this, and all he can say is, well, I guess I'm just kind of a knucklehead. Yeah that's we could start with that. I can think of a few more adjectives. But when Washington Post is talking about the adjectives, they said, well, he's kind of like a little laborador retriever who just wants to redo the White House and car heart jackets. Yeah right, okay, Yeah, what nonsense. This beautiful diversity said Tim Waltz. We see in our Worthington area when I'm there, you see fifty languages spoken in the school, and you see every storefront filled with different types of foods, different types of businesses that are happening. Minnesota needs to continue to do that. The office of Governor can set the tone on that. Well, what did that cost the people who live there. It's going to cost him everything, going to cost him their home. I've said for longest time, if we've got to have open borders, bring every child in the world here and pay for their education through this unbelievably wasteful system that we have created. From the school buses to the very tail pipe of the whole system. It is one massive, bloated, wasteful project that doesn't educate kids. That indoctrinates them, It harms them, It grooms them into a pedophilia, it bullies them. It's a despicable institution that comes with an unbelievable price tag. And so with more than seventy five thousand English learners, Minnesota taxpayers are paying nearly one point two billion dollars and property taxes just to fund English as a second language. And that was in twenty twenty. It's worse than that now. And that's just for the English as a Second Language program one point two billion dollars. What about all the rest of the stuff, What about all the training, grooming and all the rest of the stuff, teaching them how to gyrate? You know that it's ridiculous that we're paying for public schools. We've got to shut them down, de fund the communist schools. And of course it's no surprise that Tim Wallas would love that because he is a communist. He is a Marxist, and so he always talked about being in Hong Kong when Tenneman's Square happened. But this week, it's pretty amazing. The mainstream media got on to him in a big way. They were all over this story, said he lied, I mean MPR, even MPR, have these people decided that the Democrats are going to lose, and CBS and all the rest of them, because you can't escape it. He has. There was video of him bragging about it, and there was local newspaper clippings showing where he was at the time. And so when he was confronted with us, well, actually here's what he had to say. He said, I was just going to teach high school in Fotion in Guangdong and was in Hong Kong in May of eighty nine, and as the events were unfolding, several of us went in and I still remember the train station in Hong Kong. There was a large number of especially European I think, very angry that we would still go after what had happened, But it was my belief at that time that the diplomacy was going to happen on many levels, excusing what the Chinese Communist Party had done. Remembering that he was there when he wasn't there. That anecdote has since been repeated many times by him without any scrutiny. It's been repeated by The New York Times, by CBS News, by NPR and others. But then they woke up this last week and they started to pay attention, and I was that was the big surprise of the debate for me, not that you would have these girls and I call them girls because they're not worthy to be called journalists or women. These two girls were running the debate as they started fact checking Jade Vance that nothing annoys me more than that. Well, actually, Senator, climate change has been decided to be a true thing by a consensus a scientist, and it's man made. In all of this resticond just shut up. Just shut up, you little propagandists. It's just amazing that they continue on with this stuff. So I was surprised that they asked him this question. And then, of course, here is what happened with Tenum and Tim Governor Walls.
Speaker 3: You said you were in Hong Kong during the deadly Tieneman Square protests in the spring of nineteen eighty nine, but Minnesota Public Radio and other media outlets are reporting that you actually didn't travel to Asia until August of that year. Can you explain that discrepancy?
Speaker 4: Well, and the folks out there didn't get at the top of this.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 4: I grew up in small, rural Nebraska under the town that you.
Speaker 1: I'm a middle class guy, just like You'll wear a car heart out of that service.
Speaker 5: I joined the National Guard at seventeen.
Speaker 1: And on and on. She follows up, and she goes, yeah, but you didn't answer the question. Yeah, basically, why did you lie? I was really surprised that they did that. Yeah, I was just going to teach high school and all this, and I was just I was a boy from small town America. I'm just one of you guys. Contemporaneous news reports show Waltz turning a National Guard storeroom an Alliance Nebraska in May of nineteen eighty nine. They indicate that Walts did not leave the US until August of that year, at least two months after the student protest ended with the Chinese Communist Marxist massacre. The government that he loves so much and wants to give to us here in America. He's been busted both by video and by contemporaneous newspapers. And so how does the press react to this? Well, you have Rows story, which is a unbelievably prostituted media. They're like a revolver on the right. Okay, Ross story just has no credibility, just anti Trump media. They will publish anything but any kind of absurd spin on it, just like Darren Beatty does it revolver for Trump? The other direction. Waltz was off by two months about where he was thirty five years ago? What's the big deal? Can you remember where he well? You know, yeah, if it's if we're talking about Tanneman Square, I think I would remember if I was in China and Tannaman Square happened or not. I think I would remember that if I was actually in China when Tanaman Square happened. It doesn't matter how many years ago it was. I think I would remember that. So nah, so what? Well, No, it's just lies and self aggrandizement, which is characteristic of the guy. But he replies, well, I guess I'm just a knucklehead. A disastrous answer when questioned on inaccurate claims at the debate. This is coming from media height. This is another anti Trump, full on cheerleaders for the Democrats. They said, this is a disastrous answer. And look, you didn't need to watch the full debate. Here's how you know how the night went. You get up the next morning and you look at the Drudge Report, which is full to cheer the Democrats. Nothing. You know, this is some buried stories in the center column, but nothing up of the headlines. Right.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: You look at Breitbart and it's like bloom, It's all over the place. Look at this. He said this and this and this, and it's okay, we know pretty much what happened with us. If you can't hide it's just the opposite of what happened with a Trump and Laala debate. You know, there was this gloomy silence and all the maga media and Drudge was celebrating it with Champagne and all the rest of his website. I mean, it's pretty obvious what's going on, even media. I'm a knucklehead. You're a knucklehead. Yeah, we agree with you. You are a knuckle You are a lying knucklehead. How about that? Because he's not going to confess to lying. That's the key thing, right, He doesn't even use the excuse that raw story throughout there. You know, it's thirty five years ago. I cut it off by two months, So what three months? Actually, so what what's the big deal? He didn't even say that. I'm a small town guy from a small town place, and I'm a National Guard guy that inflated my rank, and I'm a teacher and that's the stuff. And what was he teaching people to? So anyway, she hit him again, said, can you explain that discrepancy? Blah blah blah. Grew up in a small town of Nebraska, town of four hundred, my middle class, small town virtues. Yeah, well, you know what, my middle class, small town virtues were number one, you tell the truth and especially if you get caught in a lie, you know, it's great this This guy said, you know, need a confess your sins because if you try to cover it up, God will uncover it. Did they not teach him that in his small town church. If you confess your sins, God will cover it. But if you don't confess your sins, God will uncover it, especially trupe politics, isn't it. So then we look at Vance and the girls, and I say the girls because they were just kind of like me and girls in high school. Because this is what this is. It's like a high school election of pop popularity contest. And they started this fact checking stuff. They did it a couple of times as a matter of fact, in this particular one that he responds to Brennan. Well, just to clarify for our viewer, for viewers, Springfield, Ohio does not have a large number of Haitian migrants. Who does have a large number of Haitian migrants who have legal status temporary protected status. You know that TPS report? Yeah, could you get that TPS report on my desk? Later today, we got some Hatians coming in from the you know, I want the cover sheet. Make sure you got the cover sheet because we're going to cover those up. We're going to cover it up for Waltson, for law Lass. So get that TPS report in please. Well that was a bit much for him because I already fact checked him on like I said, man made globmore the consensus of scientists is that yes, man made, and we're just throwing the planet that kind of nonsense. That that sent me over the edge, and so I was really glad that he called him out on it and he does that. Look, Vance is so much better. That's a politician at least than Trump is. It's unbelievable. And so is Walt. He's better than La La. The two of them going back and forth, it was unbelievably cordial. Actually, well, you know, you made a good point, and I agree with most of that. But here's where I disagree with what you had to say. When we heard that over and over again from both of them, and I think really the tone of that was started by JD. Vance. That's the way debates ought to run. Okay, I agree with a lot of what you had to say there, but here's where we disagree. Talk about it. But anyway, that wasn't the way the CBS is going to handle it. And so this is the way that.
Speaker 3: Vance replied, And just to clarify for our viewers', Springfield, Ohio does have a large number of Haitian migrants who have legal status temporary protected moura.
Speaker 1: But thank you, senator.
Speaker 5: We have some much to get to, Margaret.
Speaker 1: I think it's important turn out of the economy.
Speaker 5: Thanks Margaret.
Speaker 6: The rules were that you got to be a fact check and since you're fact checking me, I think it's important to say what's actually going on.
Speaker 1: So there's an application.
Speaker 6: Called the CBP one app where you can go on as an illegal migrant, apply for asylum or apply for parole and be granted legal status at the wave of a Kamala Harris open border Wand that is not a person coming in applying for a green cart and waiting.
Speaker 1: For ten years.
Speaker 6: Thank you, senatoration of a legal immigration Margaret.
Speaker 3: Bye, Thank you senator for describing the legal process. And have so much to get to the Senator.
Speaker 4: So much the book since nineteen ninety, Thank you, gentlemen. We want to have that has not been on the books. J Cuts is milf but Gorge.
Speaker 3: You can still hear the audience can't hear you because your mics are cut. We have so much we want to get to. Thank you for explaining the legal process.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and thank you for explaining the process to his timp that people have had phone apps since nineteen ninety. You might want to get with Trump and work out this whole thing about phones and apps. Neither Trump nor Tim Waltz knows anything about phone apps. Trump. Oh yeah, they're really smart people. They got phones and they got apps. Not too many people know about phone apps. Well, Trump doesn't and Waltz doesn't. He thinks this has all been there since nineteen ninety. No, actually not, As Jdvan has pointed out, they haven't had phone apps since nineteen ninety. But when it comes to the Waltz, he just couldn't stop sticking his foot in his mouth.
Speaker 3: Governor Walls, you said you were in Hong Kong during the deadly Tenemen Square protests in the spring.
Speaker 1: I'd say, this's is the repeat here? We got one I think in there twice. This was actually it was He said, I've got a lot of friends who were school shooters. Very short clip, about four seconds but anyway, we missed that one here. We're still working on things. Travis is gone, and we're doing our best to try to get this stuff through here. So he said the rules were that you guys are not going to fact check, and he talked them down. And he's done that to a reporter after they said, wait a minute, you're debating me on this stuff. You don't give me a chance to answer. You want to debate me, And he's right to do that. He's so much better as a politician. Again, I have a lot of concerns about what he really believes. I have concerns about his connections to Peter Teal and the technocracy and all the rest of this stuff. And I'm not jumping in on one side or the other with this stuff. I really don't care. I'm just here to give you what I think was the salient points about these people. Vince refused to say that Trump lost in twenty twenty, and this is the one thing that the anti Trump media has been able to focus on. So they focused on this. But actually I thought that his answer was a masterful manipulation, quite frankly, because they said things like, you know, what would you do if you were vice president and all the rest of the stuff. He said. Look, he said, remember he said that on January the sixth, the protesters ought to protest peacefully. And on January the twentieth, what happened? He said, Biden became president. Trump left the White House. There you go, we didn't shut down democracy. He left the White House. You shouldn't be upset because Trump didn't even pardon the January the six people, right, He let them twist in the wind for Biden to persecute, and Biden persecuted them. I mean, why are they upset about? They got their pound of flesh? You know, Trump and Alex was stopped to steal. Were the judas goats to lead these people in and then they walked away, both on January the sixth and all the way through the next two weeks. So Trump didn't do anything to protect those people. He let them hang from political persecution by Biden. But they're not happy with that, not happy with that at all. So again, as they point out, and this I said in otherwise debate, that was marked otherwise by unusual comedy. And they don't mean comedy in terms of humor, but they say comedy com y friendly, but it was a bit humorous at times. You can always find some humor and politics. I think. Look, what President Trump said is that there were problems in twenty twenties advance. And my own belief is that we should fight about those issues. We should debate those issues peacefully in the public square. And that's what I've said, and that's what Donald Trump has said. And then as they continued to press him, that's not an answer. I want you to denounce Trump or support him. Well, he wasn't going to do that. He's too smart to do it. He said, you guys attack us for not believing in democracy. But he said, the most sacred right under the United States democracy is a first amendment. Was the first Amendment? Well, we have a right to peacefully assemble, have a right to readdress our agreements, and of course everything else that they're trying to take away from us. Speech on social media, he said, Laala Harris wants to use the power of the government and big tech to silence people from speaking their minds. That is the threat to democracy that will long outlive the present political moment. Boom right there. That is, the left thinks that they've got him that was a masterful response. Was he was prepared. He's a very good politician, very slick, and I hope he really believes that. I hope he says that. I hope somebody starts to say that, because we've got not only Hillary and La La and Biden and John Kerry and the Wall Street Journal, Davos, Bill Gates, everybody is saying got to get rid of free speech, including Trump. Every day he says that some of his enemies, whether it's Fox News or whether it is ABC, or whether it is Google, they need to be shut down. They need to be thrown in jail. It's about time we got somebody who would talk, even in a tangential way about the Constitution. And of course that was not happy with what they had to say. Jd Vance showed that he's a quizzling when it comes to abortion, just can't handle it right. And I think that he really is not on board with pro life. He doesn't want to use those words the girls who are running the debate, so this is about reproductive rights, and don't let them own the labels. Don't allow them to set up the labels. Call them out just like you call them out for debating you, because when they use labels like reproductive rights and say you can't say pro life you play by those rules, then they're centially fact checking you. Reproductive rights is a fact check, and it's a lie. It's a lying fact check, just like the climate change stuff and all the rest of these things were. He didn't want to tackle that, He didn't even want to. The easiest thing in the world for these people who do it'd be run a few commercials showing what an abortion is, showing a baby, what a baby is. I know people aren't having a baby, so they don't know what they're like, right, and I show them forty ultrasounds of a baby before it's born, all the rest of the stuff. Look, that'd be the easiest thing in the world. But you don't even have to go there. They're even incapable or unwilling to defend the Supreme Court when they finally got it right about the tenth Amendment. That's what the Dobs decision is about. And it's not just the abortion issue that scares them to death, because as Clarence Thomas and Lead pointed out when they came up with the doms issue, said, you know, it's not just determining when life agains. There's a whole slew of issues that Supreme Court has jumped into that the federal government should not even be involved in. And I've said that throughout all this time, for many many years, I said, how in the world do we let the Supreme Court trample all over the Tenth Amendment When they came back and said to the State of Texas with Roe v. Wade, no, you're not going to be able to outlaw abortions at that point in life. What roeby Wade did was it outlawed prohibitions up until a certain period of time. They don't have the authority to do that under the Tenth Amendment. Nobody would say that. The governor of Texas wouldn't say, well, you've issued your opinion, let's see you enforce it. That should have been the appropriate response. But for fifty years and for sixty five million babies, we ignored the Tenth Amendment until Dobbs said that. But he doesn't want to talk about that. You know, it's like, oh, what do we do and we have this diversity. You know, the Republicans like Trump and Vance try to embrace diversity. It's absolutely ridiculous. Well, I want to think, and today Susan Lovett tipped just before the show began. Thank you very much. I appreciate that, and that reminds me because usually I see Susan tipping on Zell and it reminds me that I have not thanked the people on Zel. I'll get that list together and talk about that tomorrow, because I really do appreciate what people are doing on Zell. Ap rumble Seat says buckle up longshortman strikes our ports on our ports could delay food supply and many other cargoes. Were going to talk about that. So coming up, we're going to talk about FEMA. Then we're going to talk about with him. Then we're going to go to the strikes. Then we're going to go to war. That's what I got lined up here, so I need to go quickly. Blowden says. Biden lied about his college education too, and he still got installed as potis Ye. He lied about he got kicked out of a previous run because of his lies and plagiarism and things like that. That's what they are. They want people like that. Jim Z seven just a small town girl living in a lonely world. Midnight trained at Tienman Square. Yeah, that's right, that's sounds like a song. I know, I nemicous news. Vance is the most normal of the whole bunch. He was actually presidential last night. If that matters, Yeah, it doesn't. He's going to invice president he even gets in there. Of course, the interesting thing is, I wonder how long Trump will actually stay around, or will they, you know, let him retire and he puts Vance in, or maybe his vanity would keep him in even if he's mentally incapacitated as he gets older. I don't know. Octo Spook reminds me of the debates in college, where you drew what you were debating and which side of the debate just before the debate. All their debates are just as valid exercises in lying. Yeah, it doesn't matter what you truly believe, doesn't matter what your principles are. It's like, okay, here's the issue, pull it out, Okay, you're going to defend that side of that issue. That's it. Okay, they send it, they give it to them in a package deal from the RNC or the DNC. Here's the things that you're going to have to defend in order to get this job, and we'll see how good you do, and then we'll have an election, and then there's going to be this group of invisible people that are going to pick who wins this whole thing. We're going to take a quick break and we'll be right back in.
Speaker 2: Defending the American dream. You're listening to the David Knight Show.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about what is happening with the government. Is the government on our side or is it against us? Well, we have the entire Tennessee Congressional delegation, loving congressmen and women urging the Biden, the Joe Biden is Wala heirs, urging Joe Biden to approve disaster declaration submitted by the governor of Tennessee. There appears to be no urgency, there appears to be no concern from Joe Biden doesn't really care. But one of those in the congressional delegation, Tim Burchett, had this to say, And look, I'm not charing a politician not supporting anybody, but I got to say that this was a welcome gesture. He said, stop donating to me and help the victims.
Speaker 7: Hey, everybody, Tim Burchett, I know, everybody's seen all the devastating floods that have ripped through parts of East Tennessee and North Carolina are just horrendous. We're going to suspend our fundraising and let's try to focus on what's really important in our community.
Speaker 1: It's the people.
Speaker 7: So please send any of that money, send it to these groups. I'm sending some to the East Tennessee Foundation. Of course, Samaritan Urs Franklin Graham's organization does great work all over the country. I just think that's more appropriate right now. And I know folks can give some those small donations are really what count.
Speaker 1: If you can.
Speaker 7: If you can't give, maybe he just take some bottled water to your church, or food or supplies. If you can't do that, just pray, pray, and ask God to deliver these poor folks from this horrible, horrible tragedy that's come upon them, and that they find all their loved ones. God bless them. Thank you so much for seeding me here.
Speaker 1: Well, good for him. We need that kind of leadership. And you know, I don't cheer people when they do the right thing. That was the right thing, that really was the right thing. And as he pointed out, you know, you can send money to some of these organizations, or you know, you can just take some water to your local church and they'll distribute it. That type of thing, because that's happening. And as I pointed out Whistler when he did in high school, he won a competition when he talked about how that was handled locally. Tornado came through, did a lot of damage. The police, the Sheriff's department comes out, keeps people away from the downpower lines. But other than that, it was volunteers, contributing companies, individuals take making food and water and supplies and all kinds of stuff to church parking, lots of church people handing it out to people. And that's what's happening here again as well. Thousands of North Carolina residents look to local churches for supplies and prayers. People are broken, they said. More than five thousand people sought help at First Baptist Church in Hndersonville. You know, volunteer support like this in an emergency can get all this stuff out before the federal government puts its pants on, because you know, they're partying somewhere. A member of the local church assisting residents with disaster relief efforts by distributing basic supplies in the wake of Hurricane Helene's destruction. So the crisis has left the community broken but united. It I was hearing story after story people are broken. It was incredible when I heard today Senior pastor Justin and Alexander posted on Facebook said about five thousand people in the town of approximately fifteen thousand, about one third of the people drove through the church's parking lot twenty five miles south of Asheville. And again, this is the same type of thing that we saw in our small community while FEMA was lording it over with law enforcement and all the rest of bullying people, bossing people around, not helping anybody at the coast when you had a major hurricane. When federal government gets involved, that's the way they respond. And unfortunately, what we're seeing here is that the churches are helping people. You see some local officials even starting to tell well, I'm in charge here, get out of here. You can't help anybody. We're going to wait until the official people do it, and all this other kind of stuff. But they also talked to a woman who they said is no stranger to helping people in a crisis. She's actually the executive director of a woman's crisis center there in Nashville, the Ascend Women's Center in Ashville. Her crisis pregnancy center in West Ashville made headlines in twenty twenty two when it was among those it was vandalized by Antifall affiliated group Jane's Revenge. But she was there among the one hundred volunteers and staff at the church dispensing food, water, basic hygiene products to residents throughout the day. On Monday, she said, I found when I would ask people to pray about stuff, they would tell me some things to pray about about their home, or they're missing loved one or whatever the need, she said. But they were all saying, I just don't know what to do with us. One young mother told Brown that she was rattled as her husband was helping remove the hundreds of downed trees from his roads, and noted that she wouldn't have been able to feed her infant if she hadn't the forethought to sanitize twenty five baby bottles before the storm. She had gotten down to her last bottle of water by the time she got to the church. This is why I like to remind people, especially in a situation like this. You know whether and we're going to talk about what was behind this, you know, whether it's a natural disaster or whether it's man made, whether there's an agenda, whether it's war. This type of thing Civil Defense Manual you can find at Civil Defensemanual dot Com by Jack Lawson. You know, do you think about what kind of preparations need to make. This is the kind of thing that can help you to prepare in a lot of different ways. And so make sure that you've thought through some of these things. And Jack has put together a lot of people experts to give advice. As a matter of fact, you can get free advice about how to make sure you continue to get water when things happen like this and fresh water. That's a free chapter that he has there at Civil Defense Manual dot Com giving an idea of just how thorough and comprehensive the information is. He's got a couple of free chapters there. But getting back to this lady who was just about out of water for her babies and just made it to the church, Brown said, she started crying when I first started speaking to her. She said, it's just so overwhelming. She said, after I prayed with her, she just reached her arms up. I didn't know her, I never met her in my life, and she said, can I hug you? She said, I said absolutely, So we just hugged through the car window. She just embraced me and wouldn't let me go. She was just sobbing in her car, she said. Even if their house is spared, Brown said, many of the people are straining under the trauma of witnessing the shocking scale of devastation in their community. It's just all gone, and they're wondering what they're going to do. And we'll talk about the fact that many of us are wondering what's going to be done to them? Are they going to lose their homes? Was this a plan to begin with? Many people are saying this is looking a lot like Maui, isn't it. It's looking actually a lot worse than Mali. Frankly, despite the widespread suffering, Brown said, she remains hopeful. She said, there is absolutely an opportunity for the gospel amid the darkness. That's why we're asking people if we could pray with them today to give them spiritual hope in the midst of this crisis, this devastation. As we were praying with them and giving them food and water, all the things they needed. We were just letting them know that there is hope, there's peace. None of this caught God off guard. Even though we're all caught off guard with it, He's still going to provide the needs that everybody needs. So we were trying to give them that spiritual hope today and she said, this is going to take years, not weeks to recover from people right now don't even know where to turn for the basics. She said, it's not that I doubt God or his sovereignty, just that I'm struggling so much with the loss and the destruction. How do people come back from this? This is one of the age old questions, Why do bad things happen to good people? Well, the Bible says over and over again, from the Old Testament to the New Testament, from Isaiah Romans, that there are no good people. There's none who's good, not what all of us have turned our own way. All of us have raised our fist in defiance to God one way or the other. We've all been involved in cosmic rebellion. And so the question is why do good things happen to bad people like us? All the time, good things are happening to bad people like us. And the gospel is what God did for a rebellious people, sending his son to remove their sins as far as the east is from the west, to forgive that rebellion, to let people start again, and to never have that brought up again. So just keep that in mind. You know, that is the good news that God sent his son to make peace with us, that really good things have happened for really bad people. None of us deserve anything that we get. It is all grace and mercy from God. Hundreds of thousands are dead and missing, and hundreds of that rather thousands are missing an apple Achia, and of course you know it's up to one hundred and fifty or more people that they've verified or dead. They found bodies and trees and the rest of the stuff. They're still hundreds and hundreds of people who are missing and it's unknown what their fate is. They expect it to some One news outlet said they think the body count is going to go above six hundred. But while all this is happening, the National Guard is deployed to Israel. Instead, the government aid is non existent right now. They're not doing anything for anybody. It's their neighbors who are helping each other. And believe me, when the when the government comes in, they're going to be doing things against the people who are there as well. But listen to what happened to this helicopter pilot. He was seeing all these messages on Facebook and other places about people help I need. I'm stranded. I'm about out of cell phone battery and all this other kind of stuff, and cell phone coverage is going in and out. I don't have any food or water. I need some help. He's got a helicopter, so he decides that he's going to help he and his son. And I want you to hear what this priening, little petty fogging bureaucrat dead.
Speaker 8: This is the original post that I was reading when I decided to go up and help. It's a long post, but she's saying that her kids and family and animals are trapped, no way out, no supplies, and the only way in or out is accessible by helicopter, limited silk service and no water.
Speaker 5: Since Friday morning.
Speaker 8: I thought I have a helicopter and maybe I can help.
Speaker 9: Jordan Sidham piled food and water into its helicopter Saturday and headed up toward Better Elk.
Speaker 1: The only way through a.
Speaker 9: Mountain gap in Lake Lore.
Speaker 8: This is the mountain valley that you would have to fly to to get to Black Mountain where we were escorting people out. This is a mountain range and this is a mountain range. The only place to fly through with bad visibility low cloud cover is Lake Lure.
Speaker 9: The christ for help from people stranded without food, water or electricity hit social media soon after the flooding last Friday.
Speaker 5: My parents are their addresses Banner Elk. They are in the first condo. If you received this, please.
Speaker 10: Give me a call back.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Sinnam's phone started lighting up on Saturday with people begging for help.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: I can hear the desperation in her voice, and this is multiple phone calls I received like this, voicemails, text messages and you could hear people desperate for help.
Speaker 9: Cinnam and his son rescued four people on Saturday and spent the night in a nearby pilot's lounge, then decided to fly again Sunday morning.
Speaker 8: I spoke with my son, which is my co pilot. I said, hey, you want to go back out and try to help today, and his response was, there's so many messages. I don't think we can't.
Speaker 9: Not go help Cinnam and his son. We're headed up to Black Mountain. Flight tracking shows no flight restrictions in place Saturday or Sunday morning when Sidam flew through the Lake Loure Gap, but that was all about to change. The sytem spotted in older couple waiting for help, then landed and what's left of their driveway for the day.
Speaker 1: I want you to.
Speaker 8: Let me get in. You step out and go out, help her in with her bag into bat get her strapped in. I'm gonna take her down and go back and I'll take him.
Speaker 9: I'll go back and then i'll get you, okay.
Speaker 8: I originally left my son co pilot on the side of the mountain. It was it was kind of unstable, so I didn't want to put more weight in the helicopter to lift back off. So I left my son with the other victim and I was just gonna take one person down at the time. And you could hear me in the video talking through with the victims and with my son what we're gonna do.
Speaker 9: Three minutes away, Sytem spotted a group of rescuers just down the river. He landed and found someone in charge.
Speaker 8: Told him my background experience law enforcement, firefighting.
Speaker 5: Pilot.
Speaker 8: He immediately started helping with coordination. He gave me radio frequencies to codate with them on, set up a landing area for me to come back with the other victim, and in the middle of the whole conversation and then blocking the road off, I was greeted by the at that time I didn't know but Lake Lure fire chief or assistant chief maybe, and he shut down.
Speaker 1: The whole operation.
Speaker 8: So at that point there was I felt like the Barney fis want any further And again he asked me to leave, and I said, hey, I have no problem getting out of your area. If that's what you want us to do, we'll leave no issue. At that point I asked him, you know what was the reason I had to leave them there? And he said again, you're interfering with my operation. I just need you to get out of the area.
Speaker 1: I said, sir, I don't know where you are because I said, so how.
Speaker 8: My training is and I'm not going to leave personnel behind I'm going back to get my co pilot. He said, if you turn around and go back up the mountain, you're going to be arrested. I said, well, sir, I'm going back to get my copilot. I don't know what to tell you, and he said, I'm letting you know. And at that point he waited for two law enforcement officers to come over and told me that again, if I go back up the mountain, I would be arrested.
Speaker 9: He flew the three minute trip back, picked up his son, and left the woman's husband behind.
Speaker 8: Sure he was flooded with emotions and trying to rescue other people, and I just felt that it was best at the time to leave. So I did follow his instructions, and I had a conversation with the female victim before I left, apologized and explained, and she was standing there. She heard the whole conversation, and they were both very very surprised, very upset. The husband, as I was leaving off of the side of the mountain at that point, separated from his wife, he was upset.
Speaker 1: I can only.
Speaker 9: Imagine Senniman is nearly fourteen hundred flight hours, turned his chopper around and headed back to South Carolina, passing people waving for help along the way.
Speaker 8: As I was actually leaving to go back to.
Speaker 2: Get my son.
Speaker 8: The original chief or CapMan that I spoke to his crew and himself, they came back over and said, hey, man, we can't tell you to go get the victim. We can't even ask you to go get the victim. But we can't tell you if you come back with the victim, we'll have you a designated landing spot and they won't. We'll make sure they don't come over here.
Speaker 5: So there was no flight restriction when you went.
Speaker 8: In, No no flight restriction when I went in. It went in place twenty or thirty minutes after the confrontation with mister.
Speaker 9: You feel like that was coincidental or do you think that that was because of what happened.
Speaker 8: I don't think it can be coincidental when there has not been one in place the day before doing rescue operations the night of the morning of that took place after our altercation, I think there would have never been a TFR put in place have.
Speaker 5: We not had that conversation.
Speaker 8: If I had to do it over again, I would have stopped and I would have rescued as many people until they decided they were.
Speaker 1: Going to arrest me.
Speaker 9: Well, for now, we've chosen not to name that lake Lure fire official because communications in and out of that town are still difficult. We want society story, and if and when he sponds to our messages, we will include that. The good news is I saw a video of a Coast Guard helicopter landing in lake Lord this morning, so hopefully some of those mountain rescues are underway today from Paigeland jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, only a couple of days after this all happened, and now the National Guard maybe they scrape some up that that han't sent off to Israel or Ukraine or something. Right, Yeah, we come last with everything, if we come at all, don't we. In the minds of Washington, they are set dead set against us. In every car the National Guard in these states has has been massively deployed Israel instead of serving their communities where the devastation now rains. You'll also hear rumors about the death of cash and how they are greatly exaggerated because cash is king in times like this. Absolutely is one person put up. This is the update I just got from my Lineman friend in Ashville went up old Fort Road where it connects to Number nine area is gone. One hundred foot ravine where houses used to sit. Kids walking around naked, asking where their parents are. People begging all uppercase, begging for water, black hawk helicopters from Femur flying around. I don't want to talk about the smell of the dead bodies. I'm in disbelief. I they get their days later. Are they helping anybody? Who knows? But we got these little you know, fire chief or assistant fire chief doing his Barney Fife impersonation. I'm telling you got to get out of here right now. I'm going to throw you in jail. Amazing this guy former law enforcement officer, firefighter, helicopter piled fourteen hundred hours. No, you can't help anybody because you see to too many people in government, the power of their office and their uniform. It's far more important to them than what happens to the people. And these are the very types of people who will do whatever the higher up tells him, and they don't care. They'll execute you if they're told to. These are the Milgrim experiment, the Nurmberg people. These are the people who authority is everything to them, their authority, the authority above them. They care nothing for the fellow man, nothing at all. Can you imagine he has to go back and he tells that that elderly man, Sorry, I can't take you back. I just have to leave you here, separated from your wife. And he says he thought about it now, he said, I would not follow those orders again. Well, I've thought about this kind of stuff, and I don't follow orders like that. We all need to think about this kind of stuff before it happens, so we don't have any regrets. He's got regrets now. They didn't go back and pick people up. Well, he should have picked up people till he was arrested, and then when they arrested him, sue the pants off of them. FEMA partners with the MFL. Meanwhile, they're busy working. They're focusing on how they're going to lock us up when they're next declared pandemic comes. FEMA is concentrating on concentration camps. That's right, that's what they're doing. In the midst of all this. Wine Press News reports the first stadium to sign on was MetLife Stadium in New York. The New York Giants New York Jets. Several more were announced days later, including Lumenfield for the Seattle Seahawks, stadiums where the Pittsburgh Steelers play in, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the San Diego Chargers and Rams, all under current review to receive a mission ready venue designation. Now they'll put you in these places, and then they'll starve you for water, for food, the rest of this stuff FEMA concentration camps, and they'll start out in the football stadiums. Now you know why they build these football stadiums and spend billions of dollars of your tax pay And I mean billions. When I first started reporting on this stuff, they've been spending hundreds of millions. They were about to do the first billion dollar stadium. Now they're multi billion dollar stadium, FEMA Administrator Dan Chriswell said in a statement. During large scale emergencies like COVID nineteen pandemic, hurricanes, or tornadoes, we've seen how large music, sports, and entertainment venues can serve as a safe space for communities. This new strategy we're launching with the NFL is ground breaking. While we are just starting with the NFL, all venues across sports organizations and leagues can become assets to their communities. I encourage them to join this collaboration effort as we grapple with the impacts of climate crisis. Yeah right, but they're not going to even keep order. As a matter of fact, this is what one lady put up about what is happening with the looting.
Speaker 11: I want to share with y'all some things you may not know about what's happening in the North Carolina Mountains in the aftermath of Helene.
Speaker 10: Here's number one.
Speaker 11: If you have friends or family that are headed into the mountains or who live there, the looting has picked up major steam. I was advised yesterday by a county sheriff to make sure that anybody out and about is carrying and in his words, carrying with the safety off. There are very aggressive people out there. And I'm just gonna go ahead and say this. It's not because they're necessarily awful. They're desperate. Desperate people do desperate things, y'all. And why are they desperate Because there's no water in some of these communities. We have neighbors in North Carolina with no water, and all I can say is this the government ain't coming to save you, not now, not ever, because they don't care about you, the people anymore.
Speaker 10: It is the citizen. They don't have to step it up now.
Speaker 11: I gotta tell y'all, I was floored yesterday by how my community, which is a little over an hour away from the affected areas, showed up at donation sites with water and diapers and formula and some liquid IV. I mean, y'all brought all kinds of things, bleached vinegar. You are ready to help, and we're gonna take more donations today.
Speaker 10: And we're so grateful for everything.
Speaker 11: Because I'm gonna get it into the hands of actual volunteers.
Speaker 10: And I was asking people like, why are you bringing it to me?
Speaker 11: Some of y'all don't even know me, and they said, well, we don't trust the relief organizations anymore, y'all. We have lost our organizations to grifters, We have lost our organizations to liars, and so we have to rely on each other because that's how this country was built. This country was built patriot by patriot. And I can tell you this as a realtor. I know my realtors in the mountains, and I have talked to them and they know the neighbors too, So I am getting your donations into hands that are going to get it into hands, and everybody that's sent me dollars, I got teams of shoppers out and I got receipts to prove it, because we are not grifters. We are neighbors. And the patriots that are in the mountains, if you see this, if your family sees this, hear me. Now, you are not forgotten by the rest of North Carolina. And if you are not in North Carolina, then there are ways that you can give.
Speaker 10: But can I just remind y'all of something.
Speaker 11: You cannot eat money, you cannot drink money. So for those of y'all that thought money was your god, and by the way, that includes our freaking elected officials as not your god. Told my girlfriend this morning while we were talking about this during our run, I said, tell your children. She's got grown children. This is why you keep a stash of water on hand. This is why you keep.
Speaker 10: A stash of food on hand.
Speaker 11: But for those of y'all that are not an affected areas, if you can take your donated items and send it to the mountains, then send it with a friend.
Speaker 10: Make sure you're sending truckloads.
Speaker 11: So that we don't overload the roads because our first responders are overwhelmed by the way. Thank you, Governor Desanas for doing more for North Carolina. The North Carolina's governor has I'm very grateful for your National Guard because we have to help each other, y'all. And I will tell you something. If you will share this with somebody who doesn't know what's happening in North Carolina, they need to know. They need to know that there are entire towns gone. Chimney Rock is gone, a beautiful town, Swan and Noah gone, Montreat gone, other towns damaged beyond repair. That means our geography has changed, our culture is at risk, but most importantly, our people, our generational people have lost their generational homes. This ain't about your granite countertops anymore. Listen, y'all, listen. Tell somebody how they can help. I am but one resource. There are people I know all over North and South Carolina that have been gathering up goods and trucks that somebody as far away as Massachusetts putting a truck together. Let me know I can connect you to where to take things. The Baptist are doing a great job out of Boon Samaritan's purses on the ground.
Speaker 10: I trust those two organizations. I wish I had.
Speaker 11: Trust for more because I don't trust this government, but I trust.
Speaker 10: The people of North Carolina. Y'all. The biggest thing you can do pray.
Speaker 11: Pray right now, Pray fervently that people will turn their hearts back to God and pray for a head to protection around all those who have seen things they should.
Speaker 10: Never have to see.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you one more story for I hang up this video. I had a lady come to my donation site yesterday and her grandson is ten years old living in the mountains with his mother who works into the a hospital. They're getting the kid out today to get him home because they can finally get him out, and they're worried because he has seen things he should never have to see. When you have children that are seeing bodies on the ground and town's gone.
Speaker 10: We're going to have to answer for that one day. Y'all.
Speaker 11: Please pray, please do something, And for those of y'all that have already done something, I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 1: Well that's the truth, she f too straight. That's what I've been saying for the longest time, when things get tough, the government is not going to be there, and you better hope that they don't show up, because when they show up, they're going to make everything much worse, much worse. Organize with your neighbors, Prepare for yourself. Prepare with your neighbors. That's why I said this book Civil defens Manual dot Com great resource to get you to start to think about this kind of stuff. So you prepare before it happened. But you need to also prepare because you know that there are grifters, government and other looters out there ready to do harm to your family. Truly is amazing. Bluden says, I wonder how much of Trump asking for Helen donations will go the victims. Well, he set up a one of these GoFundMe things or something like that. I guess he does that instead of sending his money in It's too important to him to keep his money. Talking about granite countertops, how about gilded everything in his mar A Lago place. That stuff will rot his flesh for eternity. Don't frag me, bro. No one asked the VPS about sending billions to Israel and why people in the US suffer from all manner of challenge, while the people in the US suffer from all manner of challenges. That's right, that's right. Yeah, we don't matter to the border, doesn't matter, doesn't matter to Mike Johnson, the Speaker of the House, and the House send money to Ukraine. We don't want to do anything to protect Americans. Nothing and sellers. The storm wiped out so much. My guess is only the elites will be able to come in and rebuild, taking our good land and beauty once again. Well, if you talked about the landscape even not just the town's wiped out, landscape altered, and we're going to talk about that coming up, the lithium thing that is happening here as part of this green grift. Boy, they have focused on this area and it makes me sick to look at it. You know, I love going to the Smoky Mountains, but one of the things that always made me sad it would go in and look at Kate's Cove and places where people had lived. You know, they still got some of the original church buildings, and they got some of the other buildings that people had worked and it reminds me of what they did about a century ago when they came in and just drove those people out of their land, took it for a national park. And if I stop and think about it really ruins the experience for me, because that's what our government is about. And the government that was able to do that, capable of doing it, willing to do that a century ago, is more than capable and willing to do that today today. And you look at what is happening there in these areas that have been wiped out, and they've got so much invested in these lithium plants, and they've been planning this for years. That's why when you look at this stuff. I didn't talk about the you know, the radar showing the different unusual things that were happening, the beams that you can see there. As some people put that up. I didn't talk about it's one of these things like the nanotech in the vaccines. You know, there's so many things to talk about. My concern rather than saying this is nanotech and it's graphene, is this and that self assembling. I believe that's true, but you know, I wanted to stop people from taking it. I wanted to focus on do you realize that this is doing something to your body to replicate something and you don't know what it is and they're not telling you what it is, And do you realize this has never been done and it's never been tested. Please don't do that. That was my focus on it. And we're going to talk about what's going on with the lithium stuff, regardless of whether or not this was a geo engineered storm, whether or not the storm was directed to this area, and all the rest of stuff. We're going to talk about the direction that they're going to try to take everybody now in terms of destroying this area. It's a beautiful area for their greed for they're green grifts. When we come back, but I've got a couple more comments before we go. Jim Z seven Biden calls for the public to pay for the damages from Helene. Too bad. He doesn't take the same approach to Ukraine. That's right, Yeah, yeah, Ukraine. We're not going to leave them on their own. Israel, We're not going to leave them on their own. But you know, you people in North Carolina and Tennessee, you're on your own. Ap rumble seed Fema is actually a privately held entity allegedly rothschild run. Well, I've not seen that before. I'll look into that. M sellers they have to use mules to reach something. I mentioned that yesterday. A guy coming in and say he's got a chain on, he's got mules. He goes, I'm going to get in there one way or the other. I said, that's the attitude, that attitude, the attitude that this lady had. We're going to help our neighbors. We can't trust our institutions anymore. Folks, Better get that through. Better understand the federal government can't be trusted. The federal government doesn't care. These people don't care in the midst of an election. They don't even want to pretend that they care. They're not going to do anything to help you. You better stop focusing on Trump and Biden and our LA law, and you better start focusing on how you're going to prepare for what they're going to do to you. And it's largely the same regardless, so which one of these puppets is selected by the globalists, there's just going to be a different emphasis. Like I said before, you know, in twenty twenty, I said the difference between Trump and Biden is a war with Russia or war with China, which one will put us under that war first, But of course I can both put us into war with both of them. A Syrian girl, does anyone know of any honest groups who are working to help these people? I'd like to donate, but I don't want to give to any of the grifter groups. I'm sure there are a lot of them around. Well, you know, they mentioned Franklin Graham's Samaritan Purse. I actually trust the Salvation Army more. But those are the two that I've seen in terms of groups. But other than that, I don't know. It really is sad that we've reached the point where institutions, even charitable institutions, even nominally Christian charitable institutions, can't be trusted and have to be screwed nice like that. Twelve June seventeen seventy six, they're talking months and months just to rebuild roads in some places in the hills. That's right, because I mean the the places where the roads were completely gone. It isn't like the road was washed up. You see some of the places where the road is torn up and everything you go in there, But there's no ground left where the road was before, and then says, I hear snippets of Fox News throughout the day, and you'd think a disaster like this when corner continuous coverage, But no, all I hear is Israel and Iran all day long. Uh huh yeah, and you know Trump and Biden and all the rest of that stuff. So you know something is off. Searing Grory plies and said, I think it shows that the criminal government has no intention of helping these desperate American citizens and the media is covering up for them. That's right, that's right. Do you trust Fox? Do you trust Tucker? Seriously? You trust Tucker. There's a long article about you. Whatever happened to Truck? You know, I was written by some left wing group and said it's just to be so good. He would really come after all the people who tell the truth about nine to eleven and all the rest of the stuff. He would just rip them up one side and down the other. Now he comes out and he says, well, you know I couldn't talk about that when before you just can't talk about nine to eleven. And I have some questions about nine eleven. He's got no answers. He won't still won't take a firm commitment. He's just grifting you, folks. He's no different from Alex. As a matter of fact, he's trying to make himself a little bit calmer version of Alex. And it's despicable to see this. It's just like looking at Megan Kelly or Chris Cuomo. How they're reinventing themselves. They're they're, you know, looking for an audience. He say, what can I tell him that I got to gradually move this way? You know, well, Tucker can move faster than Chris Cuoma. That's the only difference between these people. So, John Doe, North Carolina has tons of military bases. Helicopters fly constantly practice, but it's very quiet here. Now, must be that they're all over in Israel assisting the genocide of Gaza. That's right. Yeah, a lot of military bases in North Carolina. They can't seem to make the trip over to help anybody, though, can they. I don't know. I don't know what's the problem here, Jason Barker. Government wants a monopoly on aid so they can have a monopoly on control. That's right. Government is one it's not Uncle Sam, it's Barney Fife. That's what government is yelling and screaming at everybody over the most trivial instances getting in the way AUDI modern retro radio. FEMA camps equal roach motels, that's right, and the concentration camps are what they're concentrating on. He also says I've heard that home depots, walmarts, etc. Are also designed for FEMA concentration camps. Yes, I've heard that and seen evidence of that myself. We're going to take a quick break and I'm going to play you something here from We'll Serve for you. We'll be right back. If you are listening to the David Night Show, welcome back. Let's talk a little bit about the lithium respect of this. And this is very disturbing. Regardless of whether or not you believe that this was a geoengineered storm, whether it was intensified, whether it was directed. Regardless of whether you believe that or not, this lithium story is very disturbing. And I had somebody contact me, and I think it was on Monday when I began talking about this, saying, well, you realize that they've got a massive processing lithium processing plant. I'm going to be going over near Athens, Tennessee, and so I looked, I've got some information about that. It's actually Piedmont Lithium is constructing a lithium processing plant and Etowa in McMahon County, Tennessee. The facility will produce lithium hydroxide, a key component in electric vehicle batteries. The plant is expected to start production in twenty twenty five, and we'll have an annual capacity of approximately thirty thousand tons of lithium hydroxide. Now, this was done, and they've been talking about this for a couple of years. Actually, I had not noticed this. One of the reasons they call it Piedmont Lithium is because the company I think that owns it, I think is over in Piedmont of North Carolina. But I want to talk about the massive amount of lithium that is going to be needed, and when we look at lithium mining, I just want to remind you, as this person posted on Twitter, Brian's requires about two million liters of water to produce one ton of lithium. The common environmental side effects are water loss, ground destabilization, biodiversity loss, increased salinity of rivers, contaminated soil, and toxic waste. And none of this includes the copper, the steel, the plat stick, the manufacturing, every step of the battery process requires smelting and millions of gallons of fossil fuels, including coal. So how green is this all? Well it's not. And as you look at that picture, you know this massive industrial wasteland that's there, all the white lithium that is there, and then that vast area behind it is where they are processing things. But let's crank through some of the numbers. Okay, I went through the numbers. So they're going to produce thirty eight thousand tons of lithium hydroxide per year. Well, they need two million leaders per ton leaders about a quart, So let's just rough this out and say about a half a million gallons for every ton that they produce. But they're going to be producing thirty thousand tons, so we're talking about is fifteen billion gallons of water a year, fifteen billion with a bee thirty thousand times five hundred thousand, fifteen billion a year. So it's truly amazing to see this. And of course, this lithium mine that is over there that just happens to be where all of this damage occurs. Is the largest known lithium mining of facility anywhere in the US and the largest in the world. And unlike these other lithium mining facilities that are located in arid, dry places like Chile, this is in an area where there's a lot of water. And I'm not talking about just because there was a hurricane area. There's a lot of rainfall in this area, and so this process that is so greedy for water. They have something here they don't have other places. Like I said, most of the time that lithium places where they're mining this stuff are dry, arid places. But now they have a ton of water, and they're going to need quite a few tons of water, fifteen billion gallons of it, and that's going to be polluted water when they get rid of it. And then there's something else. There is a quartz mine in this area. The modern economy rests on a single road in North Carolina. This is an article that came out from Zero Hedge and they said, now the hurricane has collapsed those roads to get to it, and what is meant by that? Well, in March, A Wharton professor who studies AI and startups said on x quote, the modern economy rests on a single road in Spruce Pine, North Carolina. The road runs to the two mines that are the sole supplier of the kind of quartz that's required to make the crucibles that's required to refine the silicon wafers. There's no other place anywhere, there are no alternative sources known. So without this quartz, the AI makers are high and dry. And so he says, fast forward to this past weekend across western North Carolina area, where major disaster continues to unfold after a tropical system of dumped torrential rainfall there unleashing devastating flubs that pulverize entire Hounds towns. As of Monday morning, his worst fears could be realized as Google traffic data shows road closures around the mining facilities and across the entire region. So what happens with all of this? What do we do with all of this? Do we have? You know, is it going to affect AI? Well, this is the bigger motive than the geoengineering stuff, and it's even a bigger motive I think than the lithium. This is the only place in the world they can get the courts as necessary for their manufacturing process to build the AI chips. And of course the entire stock market is built on Nvidia and a couple of other companies and the opium surrounding the AI industry. And I'll just have to say this about the geoengineering stuff. Never underestimate these people's technology, and never overestimate their morality. These people are morally technologically capable of pretty much anythingretty much anything. They have pretty much no restrictions on what they can do technologically, their technology, the amounts of money that they have, their alliances with the Pentagon and other things, and of course the Pentagon is involved in this as well. They can pretty much do anything that they want, and they don't have any curbs whatsoever or qualms about what they do to people. They don't care if they put out a kill shot and kill hundreds of millions of people worldwide, They'll just lie to your face about it. And you'll have candidates like Trump and Biden and Lalla who will lie to your face about it, and JD. Vance and Waltz will ignore all of that. They're capable of anything regardless though of the geoengineering stuff, which I regard as likely but not that easily proven to the population. To the general population, I know you probably share that same concern. And because you've seen the things that they do the general population, you're not going to be able to get this out to them. But just consider these five things. Number One, this large lithium deposit that's there. They'd planned on bringing this thing online. The fact that they've got lots and lots of water, not just now because of the fat, but lots and lots of water in the area, which they don't have any of these other lithium places. Then you have the lithium processing plant, which is a post open about the same time as this mine. I'm sure there's no connection at all. They probably didn't. It's just a coincidence that they're reopening this mine that they shut quite some time. As a matter of fact, I saw on social media people's that just stop it. This mine has been shut down. It was toxic, it was poisoned. They shut this thing down. It's an old mine. It's not no. They've been working on restoring this mine. One of the reasons why it hasn't opened up yet is because they've got literally billions of gallons of polluted water that they have to get out of the mine pit and that we were just talking about. And it's going to take them eighteen months to pump all that stuff out. That's how much water they've got there. And where's it going to go? Where are they pumping it to? So you got the large lithium deposity, You've got lots of natural water in this area, you have the lithium processing plants being built not too far away. You have the only mine in the world for this kind of quartz that they need for semiconductor stuff. And then of course Governor Lee jumping in with this ford Ev plant in Tennessee as well. Yeah, using taxpayer money to do this, and all this stuff is targeted around twenty twenty five. I don't know, kind of looks like a plan to me. It looks like they were planning on doing this all along. And when you look at here's the picture here, North Carolina's quartz boom. The Sebelco mine was built in the nineteen seventies. Spruce Pine is home to two quartz mines, enough quarts to supply the world's AI chip demand, but that under sells it. It's the only place known on Earth that has this kind of quartz. It is absolutely essential. And then when you look at Spruce County, let's see, I've got that here. Yeah, there we are. The modern economy rests on a single road in North Carolina where Helene collapsed. Most bridges to Spruce Pine, North Carolina. A single road runs to two mines that are the sole supplier of the quartz required for the so Kalski crucibles that are needed to refine silicon wafers. There are no alternative sources known globally. As of Monday morning, chip producer's worst fears have been realized, as Google traffic data shows road closures around both Sebelco mining facilities. Every crystalline silicon, photo voltaic module and semiconductor chip made in the world today relies on this mining district in North Carolina. It is interesting, you know, I remember a few years ago there were massive floods in Thailand and at the time I needed to get a hard drive, and I there were shortages. The prices were sky highness and what is going on with this this hard drive? And so I looked into it and there had been massive flooding in Thailand, and what had happened was and of course this is not the mine is a different thing. I mean, the lines are there because that's where God put them, you know. But there was in Thailand this massive community where they made all the hard drives, you know, whether you're talking about a Western digital or cegate A. They say, you know, all of them were being made in the same little area. And I guess, you know, they kind of like the Silicon Valley. You got people go in, They've got a certain expertise in there. Somebody wants to go on competition, so they open up a factory in the same general vicinity so they can get the engineers to migrate over there and help them to do what they did for the people they want to compete with. So you wind up with this concentration of a particular industry. So natural disaster of floods basically created a supply chain issue for hard drive for a while, and the prices of hard drives like doubled, and then after you know, maybe six or nine months or whatever, they fell again. But yeah, this is all concentrated there around Spruce, North Carolina. So one person says, lithium mining requires a lot of water. It's exact. One ton of lithium requires about five hundred thousand liters of water. It can result in the poisoning of reservoirs related health problems. That's a different amount of water than other sources that I saw. They were coming back with two million. I think they got it confused. It's five hundred thousand gallons, it's two million leaders. Lithium is mined in two ways. As a matter of fact, take a look at this, and we have mind in two ways using brine in solid ore. In solid ore, it requires all the same mining and processes as any mineral. Again, sulfuric acid, diesel, toxic tailings ponds, etc. Tailing ponds can cause groundwater contamination with metals including intimody and arsenic, as this one person says. In May of twenty sixteen, dead fish were found in the waters of the Lique River where a toxic chemical leaked from the Guangzho Rhongda lithium mine. Cow and yak carcasses were also found floating downstream, dead from drinking the contaminated water. It was the third incident in seven years. Due to the sharp increase in mining activity, including operations run by China's BYD, one of the world's biggest suppliers of lithium ion batteries. After the second incident in twenty and thirteen, officials closed the MIND, but fish started dying again when it reopened in April twenty sixteen. Just a coincidence, I'm sure had nothing to do with the MIND being there. Lithium price is doubled between twenty sixteen and eighteen do the exponentially increasing demand, and this is demand from the government, not from consumers. The government demands that you get this stuff. The lithium ion battery industry is expected to grow from one hundred gigawatt hours of manual production in twenty seventeen to almost eight hundred gigawatt hours in twenty twenty seven. Part of that phenomenal demand increased dates back to twenty fifteen, where the Chinese government announced a huge push toward electric vehicles. And so when we look at all of that, we understand why the Department of Defense is involved in these mines, why they're taking an interest in this, and that's a big part of the problem. So this is a picture of the lithium processing YEP, that's the wrong thing there. Okay, somehow we got the wrong clip in there. Okay, there's lithium processing. How green is your electric car? Right? So again going back to this particular facility, a look at this. This mine where is extracted, consumes twenty one million liters of water per day, two point two million liters of waters needed to produce one ton of lithium. Again, that's that's the under said, two to two point two million liters per ton. Now this thing that you just saw there ten tons per day, Well, that's three thousand, six hundred and fifty tons a year. Right. What is the one in North Carolina going to produce? Well, that facility that they're setting up to process lithium hydroxide, I'm assuming that says they put it in close proximity to this new lithium mine that they're opening up. That lithium hydroxide facility is going to be taking its input from the output of that lithium mine. So i'd assume that that lithium mine is going to be producing about thirty thousand tons per year, not three thousand, six hundred and fifty times ten times the output of that thing that you saw there in Chile and again that operates in the salt flats of Chile. Most of these things are in dry aired places and they need lots of money, lots of water. So the money, smart money, is going to put it there. Well again, they've been talking about the fact that electric vehicle boom could bring lithium mines back to North Carolina for quite some time, and you know that's what they say there. Not all the locals are happy about it. As a matter of fact, all of them are very unhappy about it, except for a few politicians that they have paid off. And so this is an article talking about the opposition to it. Residents do not want this green quote unquote pollution. But of course the government and the mega corporations will do anything for their mcguffin. They don't care. There's money to be made. They'll kill you with their vaccines, they'll kill you with their filthy minds. They'll take everything from you. They don't care. And then David Ike says, well, I got an email from somebody in Nashville, North Carolina. They have been offering me, he said, to buy my property for cash. Constantly, only one way in and one way out, and nobody is allowed to move trucks with aid and supplies are getting their tires slashed so they can't reach their destination. It's getting very real now, Hi, We've an't got some Barney five's saying Nope, can't get in there and help these people. But who cares. They don't care. It's all about their little presidential show, and it's about their wars in Ukraine, their wars in Israel. That's what it's really about. This lithium mine that they're reopening again. Like I said, I saw comments saying, well that mine's been shut down a long time ago. It was toxic, it was poisonous and everything. Well, this is the reality. Going back to twenty twenty three this article. Work to begin in early twenty twenty four to reopen King's Mountain lithium mine. North Carolina's revival is a major source of lithium, will take another step forward early next year. Yay Albemar Corporation expects to obtain permits and begin draining water in the next few months from the one hundred and sixty eight foot deep lake at the former mine off of I eighty five in King's Mountain. The water is going to be pumped out at a rate of approximately twenty five hundred gallons per minute. So if you do the math on that, it comes out to seventeen point nine months. So let's say about eighteen months is what we're looking for for the dewatering of the pit. Once the pit is dewatered, will be ready for the construction of the mine. So I did some of the math on this. I said, okay, so if it's coming out at about twenty five hundred gallons per minute and it's going to take them eighteen months to do this, well, that turns out to be seven hundred and seventy seven thousand minutes, and in each of those minutes are going to be pumping out twenty five hundred gallons. So we're talking about one point nine billion gallons of toxic water. And where are they pumping it? Where are they pumping it? The project still needs a state mining permit, but Albamar has said that it could open as late as twenty twenty six. Because it's a done deal. We don't care. They're going to move everything aside. They're going to do it at worse Wee, just like they will approve the personal nuclear reactors for Altman and the rest of these technocrats. They'll just wave aside all this stuff like Trump did for the pharmaceutical company. Sure you want to you want to destroy the area with a lithium and that's no problem. You want to put in nuclear reactors too, We won't look too hard. Okay, just let you do that, and we'll help you with the poison vaccines. We'll pay you to do it, we'll deliver your product, and then the president himself, President Trump will brag for five years going on now, he's been bragging about how he saved the world when he killed the world. We want to have that visibility in our permit before we make a final investment decision, they said. But they've already started. They know that it's a done deal. Charlotte based Albemarle wants to reopen the Mind to supply lithium for electric vehicle batteries. You say, there's another company that's called Piedmont Lithium, probably coming from the same area there in North Carolina. It's getting help from a ninety million dollar grant from the US Department of Defense that was announced September of last year. The King's Mountain Mind operated under previous owners for fifty years before closing in nineteen eighty eight when cheaper lithium from foreign sources made it uncompetitive. But see, since we're going to be going to war with China, the Department of Defense wants to have domestic resources for this type of thing. And so there's a couple of people that are put up very informative videos I think, talking about this and talking about what was behind this. This is Eve who was talking about the lithium mines.
Speaker 10: I can't say what I.
Speaker 12: Find suspicious as shit that one of the areas affected by Hurricane Helene is the world's largest lithium deposit, and the DoD just entered into an agreement with this company right here to mine lithium for electric cars starting in twenty twenty five. Now that area is completely devastated. This is a ninety million dollar agreement between the DoD and this company right here to get King's Mountain, North Carolina, a lithium mine up and running by twenty thirty. If that area has been inundated is at a disaster zone, then the government can come in and do imminent domain and they can pay you what it was worth five years ago rather than what it's worth right now, Imagine that your home has turned into a watery lot and the government comes to you and says, hey, i'll pay you what you paid for it. You're gonna take it, and you're gonna go right. What do you think is gonna happen right here now that they want this lithium mine up and running by twenty twenty five, twenty thirty at the latest. Back in nineteen forty seven, we had the Florida Georgia Hurricane or Hurricane nine, and it was the first hurricane to be targeted for weather modification. What happened was General Electrics, the US Navy, the Army, the Air Force.
Speaker 10: They poured dry ice into.
Speaker 12: This hurricane using airplanes to see.
Speaker 5: What would happen. Would they slow it down?
Speaker 12: Well, what happened was it slowed down a little bit, but it turned west really sharp.
Speaker 5: Let me show you this is the path that.
Speaker 12: The hurricane took in nineteen forty seven. Does it look similar to you?
Speaker 10: Probably not. It's a coincidence.
Speaker 12: Right, moving on, I'm sure this is just another coincidence.
Speaker 10: But do you know who owns the most.
Speaker 12: Shares in that lithium mine, black Rock.
Speaker 10: And Van.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. And then this is from Joe anybody, as he talks about what is going on there. Let's see here it is right here.
Speaker 13: This flooding in North Carolina does not sit well with me. I think something's going on. So I decided to do some digging. So the first thing I find out is North Carolina has the richest deposits of lithium in the entire world. Yeah, lithium for like cars, batteries, all that. Then I find out they have the world's highest purity Courts deposits, and that Courts just so happens to be the world's supply for AI chips, microchips.
Speaker 5: And all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 13: We're talking of five hundred and thirty billion dollar industry.
Speaker 1: So this is where more than that thing, much more than that.
Speaker 13: Any by the name of Piedmont Lithium is awaiting a state mining permit for a site in northern Gaston County, and Gaston County is completely.
Speaker 5: Flooded right now.
Speaker 13: The project was a waiting zoning approval because they were getting backlash from the residents and also city officials. And this lithia, mind they want would be the third largest producer of lithium in the world, and they made a deal with Tesla already. Now remember the quarts. So in Spruce Pine, North Carolina, right next to Ashland, they are wanting to expand their minds even larger, and the residents aren't having it either. Enter the floods people. These are mountain towns. It rarely, if not ever, floods in the mountains.
Speaker 5: I would know.
Speaker 13: I grew up in the mountains in Colorado, which means none of these people have flood insurance. I mean, the media is seeing biblical devastation in North Carolina, AKA, like the worst thing that could happen, and you're not coming back from it. Right between the lions people, everything happens for a reason.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. And now you know when you look at this, of course, anybody that's not up on the mountain side, and you got a risk even being on the mountain side, that you can have the mountain side slide down. But when you get over thirty inches of rain, and because the topography, it really does concentrate it down into the lowest areas and that's why you're seeing that kind of devastations there. But look, whether or not there was jew engineering, whether or not they intensified the storm, whether or not they directed the storm. All this stuff about the lithium mines, the quartz mines, the lithium processing plants, the Ford Electric vehicle manufacturers, this all stinks to the high heavens. And they're about to come in here and really rip this place up one side and down the other. They're going to destroy this beautiful area. And you know these people have now lost their homes, so you know what are they going to do. It's all about the lithium stuff, isn't it. And it is all about their climate change. Isn't that amazing? Isn't that amazing? Well, m Seller says Samaritans is local from that area, so they might be okay to donate to in this instance. Well, I think they're out of like Charlotte or something like that, but they might be okay. I'm not going to endorse anybody. I have more trust for Salvation Army. And the reason I have less trust with Sumaritan's Purse is because of what Franklin Graham and Samaritan's Purse did in New York as part of the sham pandemic the germ game. Remember they went up there and they set up a place to help people because they heard what was going to be the worst in the world is going to be here in New York. And so they went up there and knew all these stories about we don't want Somerdan Purson around here, their pro life, get them out of here, we don't like it. So there was that kind of stuff, but they left. They never treated anybody right. Just like that twenty five hundred bed Petempkin Army Hospital that Donald Trump put up, or the hospital ship that he sent to New York and the hospital ship that he sent to La none of those things were ever used. And Samaritan Purse didn't use it either. Why didn't they blow the whistle on it? I really do think it may not be dishonesty. I think it might be just that Franklin Graham doesn't have any discernment or understanding with his stuff, because I think he honestly, honestly believed that he got the shot himself, because it wasn't too long after they started rolling these shots out that he had to go to the hospital for paracarditis. He nearly died. That was the outside of his heart. They know has issues on the outside of the heart. So they had to do something that he had to have open heart surgery because he got para carditis. I think he got the shot. So they may be honest, just not discerning. I don't know. Jason Barker says what few good people there were in the military were forced out over the job mandate. I think that was the purpose. I absolutely agree with you, Jason, and Jason was one of those good people who was forced out, the really good people, Matthew Ronson. So they knew there was one route to this critical resource and they made no provisions for getting there in a disaster. Yeah, the excuse es to de industrialize the US wasn't the environment quote unquote. The same people are building highly toxic lithium mines and battery production plants exactly exactly. They It's just everything they do is just filled with hypocrisy. Just as they would complain about, well, we can't have crypto, we can't have bitcoin because that crypto mining just uses too much power, then look at what they're doing with artificial intelligence. They've already added as a burden to the electric grid for all of us. They've already added the equivalent of three New York cities in terms of the power requirement, and they're just getting started. And so they're going to have their own private nuclear power plants. They're going to build nuclear power plants, but they're only going to build them just big enough for themselves. They're not going to add any capacity to the to the grid. While Biden and La La and all these people tell us that we've got to have electric appliances, electric cars, like everything, and there's no way we can do that. At the same time, they're shutting down all of the cheap and reliable power stations, and so we're going to have very unreliable, very expensive power if we have it at all. Jason Barker, hurricanes always peter out when they hit land. Why did this one get stronger? Good point? Good point. Yeah, I think that it is reasonable to expect that they've got jew engineering going on. Look, you go back to the Vietnam War, as I've talked about many times, Vietnam War in the sixties into the early seventies and afterwards, there was a medal that was handed out for engineering the weather, you know, to a guy who was working with the US military. And then right after that there was a global agreement to not do certain things about jew engineering. It's always been there, the question has been and they've all kept it secret. They've all pretended that they're not doing it. We've seen the kempt trail trains, We've seen the harps stuff. We know that it is happening, but it's difficult to prove it. But we know what is happening with this green grift. I mean, they're going to poison the planet, just like they poisoned us. That's another common thing with these mcguffins. Uh. So we're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 11: M h.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the David Knight Show.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk strikes, missile strikes, dock worker strikes, and massive chaos on the horizon. Folks houses for an October surprise. They by surprise, it's led to a surge in the price of oil, a surge in the price of gold because gold is a hedge against this kind of supply chain disruptions. They're talking about supply chain disruptions like we saw during twenty twenty or maybe worse, who knows. And I got to admit I was wrong. I said the other day, I said, I think This is nothing but fear mongering on the part of zero Hedge to talk about this, because I said, we've already had associated around an election. We've already had a situation where they said, well, look at this, this is going to really affect the election. And of course, the federal government can always come in and impose a cooling off period and then impose an arbitrated solution. They can always do that. They can always declare that it is too critical to the nation. And I figured they would do that, especially before an election. But no, no, no, no, Biden wants chaos. And then why I look at this more. I'm thinking that they're setting up Trump to win because explain this by the way you want to you want to prepare, you know, prepare for it. It's going to happen. Financially, I go to David Knight, Dodd Gold. That'll take you Tony Arbin's wise wolf Gold. You can do this on a gradual basis, average out your price, you know, pick a point with wolf Pack that you want to save each month. You can get the discount that you get with a large buying group, or you can go in and you can buy gold or silver in any amount large or small with Tony Davidknight dot Gold will take you to Tony Ardaban. We'll talk about this more tomorrow Tony and I. But when you look at what is happening, so Israel has invaded Lebanon, Iranian missiles of rain down and Israel investors are pouring into safe havens like gold and so again, you know, when you look at this strike, I thought that this would be more important to the Biden administration if they wanted to stay in office. I thought, well, it's going to be far more important for them to not have supply chain disruptions and all this general chaos and shortages and empty shells and all the rest of the stuff that's really going to hurt them. They're going to pose this even though they have to go against a union. But we're talking about the Biden administration here. So workers at ports from Maine to Texas, the East Coast as well as the Gulf Coast. The only thing it's not affected is California because they've already had some negotiations over there Nuisance governor nuisance. During the middle of all this twenty twenty stuff and anything, imposed new rules to create log jams remember how we talked about the log jams that were happening in the California ports and everything. Some of it was the unions over there, but a great deal of it was the requirements from Gavin Newsoon, the nuisance governor, that you couldn't go into these places unless you had a brand new semi truck or something. It was ridiculous the requirements that they were having there and how they had people backed up. There was a work slowed down. So that's only going to be the only place where things are coming in and out is going to be now out of California, the East and West coast shut down, basically, just leaving the insanity in California as the place where the big shipping stuff is going to come in. Of course they can still send stuff in by air, but you're going to wind up, as these headlines are saying, you're going to have brown bananas, crowded ports, empty shelves, shortages, rising prices. Freight Waves says, well, it's going to affect us for everything from bananas to vaccines, and they go into detail talking about, well, you know in this particular area, you know we have this is where a lot of automobiles come in in this area. We have this coming in that's all going to be stopped. Amazingly, ninety percent of all internationally traded products are carried by ships. At some point. Are the height of the pandemic panic, we saw what these supply chain disruptions were like, and now we're likely to see them again just before the election. So the nineteen forty seven Taft Hartley Act is what I was referring to. And the Biden administration had already pulled this in with another strike that was going to be crippling to the country's economy. And so people are saying, Biden, are you there? Hello, Hello, Biden, you're there? Hello? Anybody home? More than one hundred and seventy trade unions held captive by one trade union. More than one hundred and seventy trade union groups are joint or urging the Biden administration to intervene at the last minute to avoid a strike. The government can invoke the nineteen forty seven Taff Hartley Act, which allows a president to ask a court to order an eighty day cooing off period when public health or safety is at risk, and then they can even impose After that, they can impose a solution on them. But there's one big boss who is not having any of this. You worried that the strike the capital to settle this thing?
Speaker 11: Are you worried that this strike is going to hurt the everyday American, the farmers that need to read they reach the export market.
Speaker 10: They're telling me that they're going to hurt them.
Speaker 1: Start to realize who the long showman are, right.
Speaker 14: People never gave it got us until now when they finally realize that the chain is being broke.
Speaker 1: Now, cars won't come in, food won't come in, clothing won't come in.
Speaker 14: You know how many people depend on our jobs half the world, and it's time for them and time for Washington to put so much pressure on them to take care of us, because we took care of them and we're here one hundred and thirty five years.
Speaker 1: And brought to where they are today. And they don't want to share. They don't want to share. Yeah, yeah, you gotta gotta let me dip my beak here. You know, mafia boss, this is a guy who makes seven hundred and twenty eight thousand dollars from the union and then he gets another one hundred and seventy three thousand dollars as president emeritus of a local union branch, So his combined salary is nine hundred and one thousand dollars a year. This blue collar mob boss, it was amazing, is very much like Laala's uncle, Sugar Sugar Daddy, you know, Willie Brown, where he gave his lover a BMW and he was feeling around in Ferraris, and he had a portie that was one of only four hundred maid and all the rest of this stuff. Yeah, this is the lifestyle of these guys. The New York Times said that this union boss previously owned a seventy six foot yacht called the Obsession, and he rides around town in a Bentley. A Bentley hundreds of thousands of dollars for that car. Telegraph noted that the Justice Department, which has reportedly lost two cases against mister Daggett, that guy that was talking there, has accused him of being an associate of the Genovese crime family, one of the infamous five families of the US mafia. Muss quoted on his commented on his yacht. He said, this dude's got more yachts than me. Yeah, he's the Biden response has been to all these massive supply chain disruptions been don't care really, you know, when you look at these bosses. It used to burn me to know. And when I was in the Musicians Union, and it was before I joined the Musicians Union, I was playing at Bush Gardens and there was an accordion player there that the local union came down on. And you know, if you're in the mid nineteen seventies and you're an accordion player, there's not an awful lot of gigs out there for you. You know, there's only so many polka dances that you So this guy was, he was hurting for work. I felt sorry for him, and we alternated. The band that I was alternated with Belly Dancers, and the Belly Dancers had this guy on conga, and they had the accordion player, and they had a clarinet player from the University of South Florida who was an anthropology professor. But actually they did a pretty good job with all of that stuff. They also had a guy on a trap set and he had to dress up in a costume character thing and play the drum at the same time. So kudos to him for that, but not an easy gig for him. But the accordion player and the clarinet player and the conga player did not have to dress up that way, and so some union officials local union officials saw this accordion player playing at Bush Garden and Busch Gardens was blackballed by the lake by the union because they didn't pay what the union said was minimum wage, which at the time was something like, you know, four dollars and seventy five cents. I know it sounds crazy, but actually wasn't too bad of money back then, because that's how bad inflation has ravaged the Fiat currency. And when you looked at what they were paying us, so it was like something like four to seventy five an hour, and the union said, you're going to have people will work for forty five minutes and they get a fifteen minute break every hour. Well, Bush Gardens, we did a half hour on and a half hour off because they alternated two different bands, and they paid us nearly what the minimum wage was for the musicians Union. But that wasn't good enough for the musicians Union. They were going to be just like this fireman, this little fire chief. Now you can't fly your helicopter here while they were going to do that, and then they came after this guy with ruinous fines. It was unbelievable what they did this poor accordium player. And I looked at that, and eventually I did join the Musicians Union because I had to to get in the bands that I was in, But it burned me to know and I have to pay these union dues. When I saw how much the head of the union was making, it wasn't as much as this guy, but of course, seen with inflation, it probably was or more. While we were making essentially a little better than minimum wage at the time, and it really bothered me to see how much money they made. But it's always been that way. We had this argument with, you know, a couple of guys that I was in bands with. Their dads had been in bands like in the nineteen forties and fifties, like big band type of things, and they were so pro union. They said, oh, you guys don't understand how we were exploited and all this kind of stuff. I said, well, what about this exploitation. It's like, you know, you can get it isn't just you can get exploited in a lot of different angles here, And I said, we're being exploited right now with these guys. You just don't understand. We came together. The union was a good thing. It got our wages up and all this kind of stuff. And I said, well, it's taking my wages down right now. I'm not really happy about it. And I don't have much of us say. But this guy who's running it is getting filthy rich, just like this mafia figure. So the Bight administration's response to all this is to, you know, what disruptions. We don't care about any of that stuff as we head into an election we had. As a matter of fact, somebody asked the Commerce Secretary Raimondo, who I believe used to be the governor of Rhode Island, and so they asked her what she thought about all of this stuff.
Speaker 5: Where have you been kind of focused in hearing on what would happen if the strike goes let's say longer than a week.
Speaker 10: Again, I have not been very focused on that.
Speaker 1: Oh, not very focused on that. Oh yeah, what if we have a strike that shuts down the entire East Coast and the Gulf Coast and pretty much everything shipping in well, the Commerce Department secretary. Well, I haven't been very focused on that. You got one job, lady, I don't. Maybe she's been working on her resume that she's going to need when she gets a new job when this administration gets booted out in the next election. I guess that's what she's been working on, because they're not working on focusing on this union boss. But a lot of people have focused on him. Like I said before, the FBI said, well, we think he's an associate of the Genovese crime family. But he says, I'm not playing games. We're going to fight for it. We're going to win on this port, and or this port will never open again. I'm not playing games. Harry threatens to cause havoc to global trade and the US economy, and we're just going to be held hostage to this thug by the Biden administration. Biden is so far, we buffed calls from some of the country's business biggest business groups and one hundred and seventy other label labor unions to use federal power to reopen the ports for eighty days at some point out before the Taft Hartley Act, you know, keep this from happening. No, he doesn't want to have protect ESTs from damage even before his election, or maybe we should say La Law's election. Maybe that has something to do with it, although I don't know how much power he's actually got. It's only fair that workers who put themselves at risk during the pandemic to keep ports open see a meaningful increase in their wages as well, said Biden. He's afraid of this union boss rankly, or maybe he just wants to throw the election and not help La La with all of this. As a matter of fact, going back looking at the history of mister Daggett, he was charged with racketeering in two thousand and five. He took the witness stand and portrayed himself as a mob target, not a mob associate, despite evidence against him from a turncope mafia enforcer saying that he was under the mob's control. As The New York Times reported at the time, during that trial, one of mister Daggett's codefendants, a renowned mobster named Lawrence Ricky, disappeared. His decomposing body was found in the trunk of a car outside of New Jersey diner several weeks later, with the killing still unsolved, despite his union, serving as an historic symbol of the grip of organized crime on union members, as depicted in the nineteen fifty four film on the Waterfront. Remember that that was a big thing for Marlon Brando. There's big line in that. I could have been a contenda, right, he was a prize fighter who took on the corruption of the union. Well, I guess maybe we're going to hear after this next election if they let this thing run through for the mafia boss. I guess we're going to hear La La say. I could have been a contenda, but Biden cut the legs out from underneath my campaign. Yes, another Marlon Brando thing, pass out. Thank you very much for the tip. I appreciate that. And Sigmund was a fraud. That's a big oil has become big metals now and it works. And of course big windmills. You know the people that are going to there. You know, the entire cost of power on Long Island, like thirty four dollars a mega one hour wholesale. They're going to make a profit of over fifty dollars per mega one hour wholesale. I mean that's a profit, not the whole cost, the profit profit is going to be nearly double of what the entire cost is right now. And that's all companies running these windmills off the coast of Long Island. They work with pharmaceutical companies to kill humanity, to make the elites richer and more evil, big batteries, big pharm a deep state, all satanic evil. That's right. But you know, we can only depend on Elon Musk because he doesn't have anything to do with any of that stuff, right. He just became the world's richest man by selling the ev illusion for DARPA, you know, including all the self driving cars and everything. By the way, I'm going to take a quick break here coming up, and we're going to have Eric Peters joining us. Eric Peters has had Elon Musk's number from day one. That's one of the first things we ever talked about. Street lights have many says they flooded the rice patties and them as well. Toomic Dog, he's a conspiracy theory. These mining towns are wiped or here's a conspiracy theory. These mining towns are wiped out. The mines need workers. Now, oh, that's right. There's an opportunity to bring in refugees for cheap to replace them. That's right. That's the other part of it. We got cheap labor coming in. We can send all of those patis from Ohio, and we can bring in all the people from Afghanistan because you know, they got a lot of lithium Afghanistan as well. We were there for I thought for the long term to keep track of that. So now that we lost our lithium mines in Afghanistan, you know, what are we going to do? I mean, we can't. We had the the poppy feels for the opium. We lost that. We lost the lithium stuff. So let's let's devastate North Carolina and Tennessee with lithium. Brian and Deb McCartney, the ISLA workers, that's the longshoreman, asked for a whopping seventy seven percent wage increase. Yeah, they just want to dip their beak. How is that even possible? Brian's union couldn't even get a ten or nine or an eight. They got a three percent raise and he works hard every day. That's right. There's one hundred and seventy other unions, and then there's other businesses, and there's consumers, and but we all take a back seat to this guy who the FBI has investigated him many times for, you know, put him under indictment for being a mafia boss. I guess the mafia bosses kind of hang out together, you know, like Joe Biden and all the US birds of a feather dip in their beak. And I guess we could say, well, we're going to take a break and we'll be right back with Eric Peters ep autos dot com. Stay with us.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the David Night Show.
Speaker 1: There is always great to have Eric on. We've been talking about Elon Musk and uh these the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and all these other scams for the longest time. And of courses site ep autos dot com a great site for all things about liberty and mobility because you can't have one without the other, actually, quite frankly, and they're trying to restrict both of those things free speeches that they really have. Everybody on both sides are really targeting free speech. It's truly amazing. But joining us now is Zari Peter's good to have you, Eric, Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 5: Thank you, David. It's exasperating, isn't it to have to just constantly construct the language. I was listening to you a little bit before about while we were waiting to go on, and you were talking about this business with the strike in the unions, and it occurred to me that there's sort of a rough analogy there between the way we're represented by centers and congressmen. Right, I mean, you don't have the option to say no, and that based it an oxymoron, because you know, if you don't have the proxy power to tell your so called representative do this and only this, and do not do that. And by the way, I only want you to do it. If I say okay, then he's not represented you. He's presuming to represent you. And that's a distinction and that I think is important to me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's very much like politics. You know. I didn't have any He never asked me, are you gonna hate down there? You know, you want to change any of this stuff. I hated the way that they had this stuff structured. And it wasn't even just the wage levels. It was also, you know, the ways that they would have they would mandate how the fees are supposed to be split up within the band, and that's one of the ways that they would get the band leader who actually owned the band to sign up with the union because he'd get a double share, you know, and all of a sudden kinds. So they give these little incentives to people to work with them, to join with them, and then you either, you know, you either do that or you can't have a job. And so yeah, it is a very rigged process that we see with all that stuff.
Speaker 5: It's like, I'm off you, you know, and you know, I've been covering this stuff for thirty years in the car industry. It's the same thing. I don't necessarily have an issue with unions per se, provided that they are voluntary. If you wish to join a union, that's and that's your prerogative. You should certainly have that right. But there's something just surreal almost about like you said, if you want to have this job, you must join this union. You must hand over money to these people who then presume to be your representative somehow. I mean, it's doubly obnoxious because they are presuming to represent you and then they're taking money out of your pocket and they're using threats of extortion that if you don't do this, we're going to you know, we're going to just kick you out of here and you're not going to have a job.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, we have some right to work states where you are not required to They can't require you to join the union to have a job, But then we have some states where that's not there. And in the situation that I was in in the music Union, you were really required to do it because if they didn't hire all union people, then that restaurant or whatever, that club would get blackballed by the union and they couldn't get anyway. So it's this coersive collectivist thing, you know, and every level, the way they would twist people's arms, I really really did hate it.
Speaker 5: When I started my career back in the print days, the the people who were in the composing room, which was the place for back in the day, they would physically put the pages of the newspaper together. They would the machine would spit out. You're familiar with that. And one time I happened to be down there and I happened to glance at something on the editorial page of the dummy for the morning's paper, and I noticed that there was something missing, that somehow a sentence had been cut out, so on my own I went ahead and spat out the machine, a new piece of the thing, and I put it in and there was practically a tactical nuclear explosion that I you know who was supposed to be upstairs and the editorial offices had dared to trespass upon the you know, the fiefdoms of these union people. I mean it was a big deal. Oh it was a huge, big deal. And said hey, okay, great, thank you for fixing that for us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And they do that with conventions still to this day. You know, people would come in and they would have booths to set up. And I've been involved on both sides of that, both as an attendee of the conventions and somebody setting up You don't do certain things. You gotta wait for the particular union represent to come there and give you an extension court, and you better not do anything else without calling one of these electrical union representatives.
Speaker 5: It weren't so tragic because we're all paying for this. One of the reasons why the cost that everything is going through the roof is because you've got all of this dead weight and all of this inertia and bureaucracy that has to be overcome before anything can get done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Well, it absolutely is crazy. I sent you this clip of a of a Tesla and charging station that has submerged. They got all these Tesla chargers and they're standing in water, and the caption says, you thought smoking at the gas pump was risky? You want to go, boy.
Speaker 5: We can attack this from so many different angles. One of them is that when those when there's a danger of a flood, they will shut off the high voltage electricity to things like electric chargers because the obvious danger that that presents. So now you've got the problem of well, I've got my electric vehicle, how am I going to get out of the path of the hurricane, you know, before I get killed? And you can't because they've shut the current off to it. Oh and if that hasn't happened yet, So you're sitting there with fleating while the water is rising, rising, rising, you know, and if you wait there too long, then then your electric car is going to go up and smoke. I just pooshed an article about it. For all videos coming out of the areas that were affected by the aftermath of the hurricane that show electric cars erupting in flames. There's one in Florida. There's another one that I've got in the article on the site. And the reason for that I thought of a really clever at least I thought it was a way to understand this. Do you remember the original Star Wars where Little destroys the Death Star by exploiting the Death Star's weakness. There's a ventilation duct that he fires the missile and it goes into the ventilation duck and it goes to the very core of the Death Star and blows it up. These are kind of like that. They have a vent for that battery and if the water reaches the events and gets in there, then boom, there goes to the Death Star.
Speaker 1: The last thing you hear is are two detail and then pop. Yeah, it is. It's funny when we look at this stuff, but it absolutely is crazy. And and yet you know, when you look at this, one of the things that you talk about all the time is electric power windows. And it made me think about this. I've got a friend who's got Tesla. He loves it. I've driven the Tesla. I enjoyed driving it. I wouldn't want to own one because the charging issues expense issues and things like that. But I really did enjoy driving. It was a very different experience because you know, with a m Mark, with a Miata, it is a momentum car. Right, You don't have a whole lot of horsepower, so you want to keep that momentum through the curves and all the rest of the stuff. Right, But with that car, you know, it's just like you step on the gas. It's like it's like when you would run the electric slot cars when I was a kid. Right, you move the lever and it's you know, and then when you pull the lever back, immediately stops. And that's the way this thing is. So it's really kind of a strange thing. But he got stuck in his Tesla because he couldn't get the doors to open because everything is under control, and he was stuck in this car and had to get had to call Tesla and get them to sign into his car whatever and fix his car remotely so he could get out of it. But you know, it's not even that's a worst case scenario. We're talking about a flood or something like that. Can you imagine, you know, it gets everything is under software control all of a sudden you got some water there. Now the computer's not working, you can't get out of the door, and then it's and then even in other cars, not even in a Tesla or an EV. You've got a situation where now almost all cars have electric windows. And I think about that with a fly. Years ago, we used to do product videos for a company that did promotional products, and it was a very big thing, especially in Europe and Germany. People would want to have these little things. They would be like maybe a you know, a bottle opener and a thing to smash your window, or a flashlight and a thing to smash your window. But it was always it always had this you know, pointed metal tip so you could use it to break the window and get out in case your car went into water, because every he had electric windows. And it really is crazy when we make ourselves with the complexity, we put ourselves at the mercy of these types of things. You know, I was It wasn't until my fifth car that I had electric windows. They are all manual cranks, but now it's standard. Even the cheap cars got electric windows.
Speaker 5: Well, and they'd compounded the problem on Tesla. And it's not just Tesla, some other manufacturers are doing this too. They are laminating the side glass. Now, you know, we shield glasses laminated because you don't want the glass to shatter in the event that you have in accident. The problem is created side glasses. You can't break it, you know, now your car. That poor woman, what was she a sister in law of the Secretary of Transportation, somebody I remember who it chose, I think what her name was. This happened a few months ago. She was leading a party I guess, in her tesla and she inadvertently backed up into a pond. To remember this, and it was so emotional. She would have had plenty of time to get out of a car ordinarily, but she couldn't be The a of the windows wouldn't go down, and apparently the side glasses land made so the people who are trying to get her out of there couldn't smash the glass, and she ended up browning and dying.
Speaker 1: Wow, because the door is under software control. That type of thing. It truly is amazing when we see this and again as part of the cost that we have to pay because everybody's got the electric windows. It's absolutely insane.
Speaker 5: You said there, I'm sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to make because I do think it's important. There is a subtle cost that we're all paying in the form of increased insurance costs for all of this stuff. And I don't have an issue with somebody who has the money and wants to go out and buy a fifty thousand or seventy thousand dollars vehicle that has all of these electronics and power accessories and so on, but they ought to pay the full cost for covering that. I don't have a vehicle like that, and I don't see why I ought to help, as they say, shoulder the cost of that. But yet we are. We're also paying for the costs incurred by all of these evs and the fires that are happening when an EV burns down and takes the house out along with it. Now, not only do you have to replace a fifty or sixty thousand dollars electric car, you have to replace a half a million dollars worth of property damage on top of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh absolutely. And when we talk about insurance companies looking for excuses to raise the rates and everything, the stuff that's I reported on it, but it was far more extensive video talking about the way that the car manufacturers have a spot on us in so many different ways, and how they're constantly sending reports to the insurance companies. People are like, how come my insurance rates doubled and anything. They got to the bottom of it, and they found that there was this dossier that was compiled and sent to the insurance company about all this stuff. And of course the automobile companies are making a lot of money by collecting that data and then selling it to the insurance companies, and insurance companies can then raise your rates for any kind of arbitrary thing. Well you stopped too quickly. Well maybe I stopped quickly because the car in front of me stopped quickly. You know. It's they don't even they can't even validate the reason for doing this, but they just have to have a pretense. And so yeah, the insurance costs are going through the roof. The cars are actually surveillance devices. Now, they're not just as you and I've been talking about for a long time. It's like a giant smartphone. It's got all these bells and whistles and gadgets on it and everything, but just like a smartphone, it's constantly surveilling and reporting on you, and that that also is incredibly disgusting what these people are, which.
Speaker 5: I look at it another way too, it's a metric of the decline of civilization. I mean in the sense of civility, and that there's something really barbarous about your privacy being invaded in the effrontery and the arrogance of the car companies that will do that to you, you know, and they do it crazingly, and they do it, you know, in a way that is really greasy, and they don't tell you there's no informed consent. They don't say, hey, by the way, your car is equipped with cameras and microphones, would you mind would it be okay with you? You know, if we if we collected this data because it might be helpful to us and to you, YadA, YadA, YadA. You don't have that opportunity. They just do it. I mean, in my mind, no different than somebody just marching into your house is having to look around, yeah, you know, just because they can.
Speaker 1: Or they conceal it in this massive terms of service type of thing, right and change it. You know, by the way, you didn't notice this, but you clicked. Okay on this, You've got an article talking about hybrids. Don't buy a hybrid, you said, And this is the thing that people are kind of you know, the car companies are really pushing this because nobody wants to buy a card that they have to that they only have the option of charging. It takes a long time, it's expensive, but you know, they're they're moving towards the hybrids because it's like, well, all right, it's a little bit less, but that's not going to satisfy the regulators. It only keeps, you can down the road just a little bit, because people will not attack this lie at its foundation, which is the CO two stuff. Because of that, everybody is trying to ignore the elephant in the room, the massive lie, and they're trying to comply with it one way or the other without really rocking the boat. But talk about why you say hybrids are not a great thing for.
Speaker 5: People, Well, let's start with what you just said in that essentially, they're not addressing the fundamental issue. They're hoping that they can comply their way out of this, like the people who continue to wear the face masks during the pandemic, which is to imply our way out of this. Right, No, they won't because eventually it's not going to be good enough, and they'll come up with yet another reason to outlaw the hybrids. Hybrids, and I don't have an issue with them as such, but they are fundamentally compliance cars. What do I mean by that, Well, they are the only realistic way to achieve high gas mileage at this point, because the government has issued regulations that have increased the weight of cars to such a degree that it's almost unbelievable. Compact cars now we are typically close to three thousand pounds, and that's the reason why they get, relatively speaking, pretty poor gas mileage. Most of them get maybe thirty five, maybe forty miles per gallon on the highway. Maybe that's pretty awful when you reflect and go back forty years and find that cars were doing better than that forty years ago. And the reason they were doing better than that without all the technology that we have today's because they were light simple. You know, it's just that simple. So hybrids are a way to advertise higher gas knowledge. But of course you're paying for that when you buy the hybrid. You know, a Toyota Prius starts it around twenty eight thousand bucks. So great, you know, it gets fifty six miles for gallon, but you're paying ten thousand dollars more, roughly than you would have to pay for let's say, an entry level economy car if it were light. And if that entry level economy car got fifty or sixty miles per gallon, you just saved ten thousand dollars and a lot of my down the road and gas too. So and the other thing that I get into in the article is the sort of subtle and hit more hidden cost in that, just like an electric car, eventually it will take longer, but eventually the battery in the electric car is going to wear out, and it's a battery in the hybrid is going to wear out, and eventually you will have to replace that if you keep the car beyond the point when that battery is no longer serviceable, and you're looking at potentially two thousand dollars for the battery plus the cost of labor. So there it goes with a resaved in gas right there too. No, it's just all of this artificiality, all of these these solutions to problems that are created by government. It's like that old saw about the guy who breaks your legs and then gives you some crutches so that you can hobble down the road a little bit.
Speaker 1: And I think probably a good analogy for the hybrids is hybrids are like preferred pronouns.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's a really.
Speaker 1: Good If you play along with it, they're only going to come up with something else. So just stop it right now and call it for what it is. It's insanity, it's lunacy. I'm not playing along with this game. I'm not playing your preferred hybrid. Your preferred hybrids are your preferred pronouns either. I love what you put in the article is that those who rationalize this loss of time or range or pick are like the Parsons, the character in in Orwell's nineteen eighty four who eagerly tout how Big Brother has increased the chocolate. Rah, Well, everybody knows that has actually been reduced, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's it is a form of derangement, you know. I have to deal with this on an almost daily basis. The ev apologists say things like, oh, well, I don't have to wait because I'm at home doing other things. All my electric car charges. Well, that's like saying, you know, I've got I've got a contractor who said he's going to come sometime between twelve and six today, But I guess I'll do something else, you know, around the house while I'm waiting for the sky to show. They're still waiting. I mean, the fact that you're doing something else while you wait doesn't change the fact that you're waiting. When you go to the dentist and you're sitting in the waiting room reading the magazine you're waiting for the dentist.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, when we look at this and where this is all going, you and I have talked about for the longest time. They're going to get everybody loaded up with EVS and then they're going to shut down the power grid. Well, that's already happening. We've talked about that for years, and now they're rolling it out. Because now the EPA is setting its sites on the power companies that can be relied, on the power companies that are cheap, we'll be able to have some unreliable power that is going to be four to ten times more expensive than what we're paying each month. You got one hundred and fifty dollars bill how about a fifteen hundred dollars a month bill, because that's what you're going to get if we keep going down this road of this renewable grift, and that's what it is, is nothing other than a grift. You're going to wind up with something between one thousand and two thousand dollars every month just for electricity, and you're going to have brownouts and rationing and all the rest of the stuff. And they want everybody to put everything on the grid, but they're not going to put their critical systems on the grid. Their critical systems are artificial intelligence, to surveil us, to propagandize us, to censor us. They're going to have their own separate power grid for that. But we're already seeing what you and I knew was going to happen. Move everybody over to the one preferred, the only allowed solution quote unquote to their imagined problem, just like with a vaccine, and then shut that down. And that's what's already happening now.
Speaker 5: I think it's it's even worse than a Mirre grift, which would be bad, but you know, it's of a piece with some scam guy who takes your money and all you lost is your money. This is more significant because it's not just our money that they're after. They're after not only our freedom, they're after our basic quality of life. You know, things that we have taken for granted in this country for a very long time, like a refrigerator that works like hot water in the house. It's not just the cars, it's energy. All this stuff has to do ultimately with rationing energy. It's not just the cars, it's everything. They want to insurf us by reducing the availability of energy, either through outright rationing or through prices that are so high that most people just can't afford it and need.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely. I've got a comment here from Ratus bro and thank you for the tep I appreciate that says I've delivered more than seven hundred Amazon packages in three days. I don't work for Amazon, only make nineteen eighty three. The post office is still out of contract. No one is being paid fairly. Who does a real job, That's right, They're just going to use people.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: It's the same type of thing, Eric, that I said for the longest time when I talk about Travis Kalalnik, who is the founder CEO of Uber. And so the reason that the reason that the Uber is expensive for you is because that other guy in the car, you know, the guy who owns the car, the guy who pays all of the maintenance and the gas and all the rest of the stuff, that guy's making your ride expensive. No, Travis Kalalnik and that corporation was getting largely a free ride off of this guy while they're working to set up their own cars and eliminate all drivers. It's just amazing how they manipulate people like that.
Speaker 5: It's absolutely despicable. Yeah, most of the people who are trying to streep out a living doing lubering and that sort of thing are just that, just barely screeping out a living. Whereas in the past, you know, if you called it a taxi driver, the taxi driver probably made a pretty decent living, you know, because the car was provided by the company. You know, he's working for the company, and the company took care of all the fleet maintenance stuff, not your personal vehicle. It's really a bad deal to use your personal car for something like that because you're putting monels on it, your wear and tearing it. You're paying for the fuel the insurance and everything else, and you know you're making fifteen twenty bucks an hour and it's going to end up not being a really good deal once you do the math.
Speaker 1: That's right. Well, you have people who it was actually a small business. You know, it was a small business, like somebody would open up a barbershop or hair salon or al salon or something like that. That's the kind of stuff that's left for us because Wall Street and trying to have taken over manufacturing and other things like that. Even most of the retail store, so service businesses are kind of what's left. And so you had a lot of people who invested money into a taxi medallion, a license that was sold by the city. I remember doing a report. I was taking a taxi in Washington and I was talking to a guy about that, and it was maybe about eight or nine years ago, and he just you know, started ranting, Sai, wait a minitt, wait a minute, let me get my phone, and I him rent about what was happening, and he was furious. In Washington, d C. Said, yeah, they've got their own inspectors who come around and give a white glove inspection to your car. And he goes, and if that isn't bad enough, that we've got our own special police ticketing agency that is there. He said, if that's not bad enough, they're now going to require that you can't have a car that's got that's older than this number of years or has more than this number of miles. And this is before Gavin Newsom started doing that to diesel to semi trailers out in California that we're going to the ports. But they said, you're going to require that we have a new car. And he goes, I take care of this. He goes, yeah, I've got a couple hundred thousand miles on it. But he says, this thing is running fine. I don't want to spend and I can't spend the money to buy a new taxi. And so they're seeing the value of their medallion. These people invest a lot of money in this to get a license. That was their overhead cost to start their business, and now that is eviscerated. Absolutely sure, I.
Speaker 5: Want you to be a license for such things. I mean a process exactly. I mean if I want to provide a servers to people and people are willing to pay me, that should be a legal activity. The fact that that is in illegal activity as such, because we're not talking about any abuse. We're not talking about anybody being ripped, offerating harmsteating costs. We're talking about a voluntary transaction between two willing parties. Why has the government involved in these things?
Speaker 1: Yes, right, yeah, that's a taxi license scam in and of itself. Just already decade sol you go back to when there was a vibrant black middle class in the cities, and one of the things that was helping them with that was the taxis would say, well, we're not going to go in the black sections of town. So quickly you started having people start providing the taxi service to their neighbors, and all of a sudden you have this jitny taxi service type of thing. And then the city's come sweeping in and so we better pay a license for that kind of stuff and shut all that stuff down. It was a classic case of entrepreneurism and a vibrant middle class that was working within the community. They can't have that. Everybody's got to pay them, you know, render to Caesar whatever Caesar demands.
Speaker 5: It's like a it's literally a revivification of feudalism. In which you had to be part of the guild in order to practice whatever the trade was that you had, and if you didn't, if you operated outside of the guild, that was unoffence and you could be you could be attacked and prosecuted for that. And it's a crazy thing when you think about it. You've got I've got a service, I've got a skill, i can do something. I'm saying, hey, would you like me to do this for you? And you say, yeah, that sounds good, I'll pay you. That's between us. It shouldn't be between anybody else, period, you know, especially if nobody neither party is alleging that anybody's been defrauded or harmed in any way.
Speaker 1: That's right. And of course, you know, fifty sixty years ago, that was where the fight was. Now the fight is over our food because now they're doing that to the Amos millers and the Amish farmers and stuff. No, you can't have raw milk, you can't have your own cows, and you can't give that to people. We're going to come in. You've got a voluntary market here. Nobody's sick. We're not saying anything has happened to anybody, but we're not going to allow that. And so this is going to be because we've allowed them to do this in these other areas and to set these precedents. Now they're doing the same thing. They're going to do the same thing to farms and for our food supply. It never ends. If you let these people establish these precedents, they never stop it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's extremely important to challenge the fundamental underlying principle and say no, we're not going to comply with that period, hardstop. That's it. There's no quibbling about whose plan is better. There should be no plan.
Speaker 1: There should be no. That's the other thing. Everybody's like, well, where's the economic plan from Trump and La La, And it's either one of them are going to say, I don't do centrally planned economies. I'm an American.
Speaker 5: It sounds chaotic. I was listening to Jordan Peterson talk about this a couple of days ago, and I think part of the lure of leftism and also the same thing on the right, frankly, is that some people fear what they perceive to be the chaos of decentralization. Yeah, you know, they like the idea of this rigid, centralized control apparatus, which they and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're not necessarily evil, that they think that that's just a better way to do things, but it really isn't. Decentralization works better because you've got all of these individuals making their own individual choices, and that is a way to sort of flesh out which choices actually are the better ones because they succeed, whereas the bad ones fail. Failure becomes evident at a smaller scale, further down the pyramid, and so collectively you end up with something much better, which was why America was such a successful and prosperous country for so long, and particularly for working class people. You could be a working class guy and you could afford a single family home, maybe not a McMansion, but you could afford your own single family home. Your wife didn't have to work, she could stay home to raise your kids. You could afford two new cars every three years. Yeah, I mean, it's astounding to think that we had that once in this country, and bit by bit and piece by piece, it's just been taken away from us.
Speaker 1: He had a home, you had a new car that you point years. You take a family vacation. You can do it with one family income while you know the mother actually was a mother and took care of the kids and that type of stuff. Now we've got both parents working and they got to farm the kids out now to have the government do day care for them, and so that has to be a right. It's amazing how we get trapped into. This is one of the things that really concerns me about the Maga cult, the fact that they are looking for a savior. This used to always be the hallmark of the Democrats, used to be one of the distinguishing features between the Democrats and Republicans. They're looking for everything to be solved by government, and especially by Washington. It used to be, well, don't make a federal case out of it. Well, now everything is a federal case. And now the Conservatives want to make everything a federal case. Whatever is important to them, they want it solved in Washington, just like the Liberals do. And you can hear everybody saying stuff like, well there ought to be a law about against that and everything. It's like no. But what you never hear anybody say is it's a free country, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Because we all understand that it no longer is. I think that's very revelatory.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Trump the other day said something, he tweeted out something about how he's elected, he's going to slash the cost of car insurance by executive FIAT or by opposing price controls, and all the red hats shared and clapped like seals, and I said, so now we're clapping for price controls to the federal government, you know, as opposed simply getting the government out of this thing and saying, okay, look, if a person wants to buy insurance, they have the right to choose to buy insurance. And that's the most effective way to deal with the cost of insurance, because if you can't make me buy what you're selling, then you can't force me to pay an exordinate price. It's such a simple thing, and people have lost sight of that fundamental elemental truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's absolutely right. Well, let's talk a little bit about the good old day. I like this when you do this at ep autos erpeters autos dot com. Some things that you can't do in a new car. We begin you want to pick Yeah, sure, well, I like the way you introduced that. He's just like, you can't board a commercial airplane anymore without first being subjected to some sort of obedience training that you used to have to break a law and get arrested before this kind of stuff happened to you.
Speaker 5: By the way, the reason I put that in there and I italicized it to emphasize it, and then later on in the article I explained why I did that, And I think it's a really important thing because it's such a revelatory thing about the truth about what's going on. If you fly privately, you don't have to go through obedience training. Yeah, so it's only for the human cattle, the bipedal cattle that go to the airport to fly commercially, they're subjected to this. Insensibly, they're told, well, you got to do this because that's how we prevent the terrorists from getting an airplane and crashing it into a building. Yet somehow these same terrifts are too poor to charter an airplane if they wanted to. You know, it's just again, it's just a way to give the lie to what they're telling us, just the same as they tell us that it's imperative that everybody drive an electric car because there's this existential threat of climate change, and yet we're not allowed to have the sub ten thousand dollars evs that are really available all over the rest of the world, which actually would be good for first time people, older people who just need a basic little A to B kind of a car. Why can't they have that? Oh yeah, instead, really can have a forty thousand dollars high performance electric cars. Well, if there's an existential threat, it isn't a high performance and all of that kind of superfluous. It just again it shows the disingenuousness and the maliciousness behind these people. Oh yeah, Now to get back, I'm sorry I drifted about.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I mean I've talked about My audience has heard it many times. I've probably never told you Eric. You know, we came across there was a laws suit when they rolled out these body scanners and did the pat downs and body scanning, and so there was a pushback in Texas at the time, and a state representative there got it unanimously passed in Texas that they weren't going to allow that kind of stuff to happen. And so then they came back and said, well, if you don't allow that, we're going to make Texas a no fly zone. And so the lieutenant governor who was head of the Senate, he was a former CIA guy who they set up in the oil business and became a multimillionaire, and he bought his office. He paid more for his office than anybody had ever paid to get elected the state office in Texas. He stopped it in the Senate. They went through that exercise twice. Well, while all that was going on, there was a lawsuit that came a couple of years later from an engineer who came after them, and during discovery he got them to show some documents. Now, when they posted this up on the government website where they show the lawsuits, pacer dot gov, they accidentally put up for a couple of hours the unredacted lawsuit. And then they caught their mistake and they put up the redacted lawsuit so we could see what they didn't want us to see. And what they didn't want us to see was at the same time all this fight was going on in Texas, they said, the TSA said in their internal documents, there is no threat to airports or airplanes. They know it, We know it. They know it. We all play along with this game. It's like George for a well time.
Speaker 5: See, Yeah, I mean the only outside of this once you realize it, is that the scales fall from your eyes and you understand what you're dealing with, and that if anything is positive about what's occurred over the last five years in particular, it's that I think that the naive trust that a lot of people have had in the institutions has been shaken profoundly, and these people no longer just implicitly trust what they're told. And that's healthy and we may actually manage to pull ourselves out of that if enough people begin to take that point of view.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually, earlier in the show, when I talked about what was happening North Carolina and in Tennessee, there was a North Carolina legislator realtor who said, this is what's happening, folks, and there's a lot of looting that's happening. And sheriff's officer told me that you need to have your gun keep the safety off because he says, really dangerous. And she said, yeah, people are getting desperate. But she was talking about how people needed help, and she said, you can't trust any of these institutions. She certainly can't try us the government to help you, and you can't trust most of these charitable institutions. So find somebody who's actually going to distribute this locally, you know, find churches or other things like that, and give them your money, because nobody trusts the institutions more for a very good reason. But the good part of it is that many people have awakened to this, and so there is some hope in all of that. But let's talk about some of the things that you can't do in a car. And you mentioned not being able to spend the tires.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because all cars now have track and control and you can't lock up the tires anymore either because of ABS. And paradoxically interestingly to me, because it's about it's kind of a demonstration cases point of the law of unintended consequences. ABS has been with us now for what thirty something forty years even, and tailgating is now worse than ever. And I think that there's a direct relationship between the ubiquity of anti lock breaks and tailgating because people now feel confident that they can tailgate because oh, I've got ABS, so I'm not going to lose control my car. It's not going to go into a skid and run right into the car ahead of me. So you know, in the past, when a car didn't have ABS, and you and I learned to drive on cars that didn't have ABS, it was out of pure self interest intelligent to maintain an adequate following distance between your car and the vehicle ahead of you, because you knew if you didn't, you were not going to be able to stop the car in time. Probably now people have this point of view that, well, the car is going to keep me safe, and so in fact, fatalities are going up, ironically, even though we have all of this safety technology that's being embedded in all the vehicles.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, people see that and then they say, well, you know, I can slack off in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I grew up spending the tires. I was a sixteen year old with a couple of buddies in high school and they used to egg me on to spend the tires and Mustang all the time. So I went another too.
Speaker 5: If you grow up with those kinds of vehicles, you really do learn about vehicle dynamics and how to control a car, whereas now they're so anesthetized new cars. You know, they're deceptive in a way because they feel so very controllable, and they are. But the problem with that is that they tend to encourage people who don't have the skills to push the limit in the car. So now they're driving it considerably faster and maybe more aggressively in a corner when they don't really have the skills to deal with it. If they get to the point in the car where the safety systems are not going to be a sufficient safety net to get them out of trouble if it happens.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, yeah, I went to limit and beyond many times.
Speaker 5: YEA, sure, me too.
Speaker 1: I had my guardian, Angel was working overtime. I'm't there. He's going to have to sit down and talk to me about that at some point in time. But I had a lot of experiences with my buddies in high school. We did all kinds of crazy stuff. And you can't do Jay turns anymore. They can't do Rockford's right.
Speaker 5: This is all in art back now that you can watch on retro TV. But there's some of the more prosaic things that you can't do anymore that I feel like we've been kind of jypped in a way from you know, in the past. To give you an example, because you know, I'm a Firebird guy and I've been into these cars for a long time. I have a trans Am. But let's say that I hadn't been able to afford to get a transam and I just got the base Firebird. Well, I could always go to a junk yard and I could get the neat formula steering wheel from a junk trans am, and I could get the upgraded seats from that car if I wanted to, and I could just literally physically unbolt them from one car and bolt them into the other car. You can't do that anymore. These cars are now an integrated package of components that are all tied into to one another. So basically, whatever you bought when you bought the car, that's it. There's very little that you can do at all in terms of altering the car once you bought it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's true. Yeah, although I did you know, that's one of the nice things I like about Amiata. There's a big aftermarket for it, a parts and everything, maybe more so than anything else. And so you know, all these things you're talking about steering wheel made me think I swapped out my steering wheel. I had to get rid of the of the air bag.
Speaker 4: But there are.
Speaker 1: Places that you can find out how to do that.
Speaker 2: It can be done, but.
Speaker 1: Harder exactly.
Speaker 5: Now, I think pretty much every new car now has earbags embedded in the seat. And now, of course, because of that, the seat is now part of the safety system, and it's all wired in and plugged in, and if you meddle with any of that, you're going to end up causing yourself all kinds of problems. It's just not worth even trying to do it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I agree. Yeah. In my particular case, it was because I wanted to go to want to go to a smaller diameter wheel because I just like that better, you know, I thought the other one was a bit big, so I want a smaller diameter wheel. But yeah, you can. It is increasingly more difficult. As a matter of fact. You go back and you look at the people who would put in big engines into Miana, which I was never really interested in because it's just not the character of the car, right. But they got companies out in Colorado called Flying Miata and they would cram in Corvette engines and the small miandas anything, those things are crazy. But then you know, that creates all the kinds of because now you got to put in a transmission that doesn't shift as nicely as the Miata thing did and stuff. But they did that with the first and second generation. They were even able to do it with a little bit more difficulty in the third generation. But when they got to the fourth generation, it was so computerized it took them a very long time to get it, and they still had a lot of bugs in it, and they had to hire people who were computer experts to get around all of the computerized stuff. So it is getting impossible to modify the cars. It truly is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And getting back to the thing we were talking about earlier with regard to insurance costs, a friend of mine who lives down the road for me has a late model suber Up and she digged the driver's side door and you look at it and think, well, no big deal, you know, just pull out that dent and you know, and touch it up and good to go. It turns out she got a couple of estimates from various body shops and they wanted on the low end twenty two hundred dollars. Yeah, and the reason why is because they don't bother with trying to fix the doors anymore. They just place on and you have to replace everything because of the body control units, modules and all of the electronics and everything. So again we pay for this. You know, what used to be a minor impact at a minor repair cost and a fender vender kind of a situation now can intal thousands of dollars of damages to the vehicle. And you know the insurance mafia knows that, and so they're not going to pay you are I am? Everybody else is going to pay for it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, absolutely. You got an article up at EP autos Eric Peters autos dot com. Clarkson is right talking about Jeremy Clarkson tell us what he thought about it. And of course I hate to see the fact that you know, they don't do top gear anymore. I guess it's completely dead now. They got into so much trouble to the BBC and then finally they picked up my Amazon. But you know, nobody wants to do anything about cars ame or so he's got Clarkson's farm and now he's opened up a pob and everything. But what did he do? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, Clarkson was one of the last of the car guy journalists. You know. He was of a piece with Brockades that, you know, a guy that I admired when I was a kid kid and kind of got me along the on the road to becoming a car journalist myself. And they actually had some interest in cars other than appliances and were interested in things besides how safe and compliant they were with whatever their relates regulations are. And he's become kind of cynical, which is understandable because his career goes back thirty something years and he can remember what we like to call the before times, you know, when cars were actually interesting in fun. And he said, and I hope it's okay to use a little profanity in this context. He said, new cars are sah, you know what. And the reason that he said that, I kind of I took that and ran with it a little bit. And I think what he meant was they become so homogeneous, ironically in part because they used to be sh whatever they had, the personality, they had quirks, you know, sometimes you had to kick it or you had to do some special thing to get it to work right, or it had to be it had personality, you know. Now they are literally appliances and toast And now I understand that from the standpoint of you want something reliable that gets you from A to B without trouble and hassle, and that's important. But the emotional attachment that we've had to our cars is being severed, and people no longer care about cars. They view them as just these disposable things, like a toaster. And that's insidious because they are using that to disconnect people from personal mobility. Why bother who needs one of these things. It's just a hassle, it's just a big expense. I'll use my app and I'll call up an uber or I'll get my automated electric car to come pick me up. And they don't understand that by doing that, what they are doing is giving total control over their ability to go anywhere they want to go, on their own time, their own schedule, whenever they feel like it. They're giving that up to these centralized control structures.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh absolutely yeah. As Ron Atkinson, another comedian, Mister Bean said, you don't so much drive these new cars as you manage them. And you know, he's got really expensive cars because he's very, very wealthy. But yeah, the cars become very Antidye as you're talking about that, I'm thinking about the Spitfire that I had, and how you know, top Gear used to be about doing car reviews and things like that, and they would do a lot of hyper cars and stuff and it's like, Okay, that's kind of interesting, but not really. That's why I like about the cars that you do. You actually do reviews of real cars, but you know, they would have some hyper car stuff anything. But then when they started doing the Amazon series, it was all about adventure, right. They would try to take the cars into some area where they didn't really have roads or bridges or this kind They've got to navigate through this jungle or through the Arctic or whatever, and it became kind of an adventure, right, and the car was there. They get old cars that modify them and it was an adventure. And it made me think, as I'm looking at your article here, made me think about my life with my Triumph Spitfire, which was not a nine at all. It was every trip was an adventure. You didn't know if you're going to complete it or not.
Speaker 5: We all have stories, don't we. Now. I mentioned some of them, some of them in the article. One of my fondest memories was of my seventy four Beetle which I used to commute into d C with when I first started working in DC at the Washington Times, before I started getting new cars to test drive, and every drive was an adventure, particularly in the winter time. I used to keep an old Exxon gas card in the glove box because when it was cold out, you'd get frost on the windshield, and so I'd use the car to scrape a little hole so I could put portal so I could see. And then in the summertime, when it got hot, you know, the humidity would result in essentially the same thing, except it was still moist, not frozen. So I had a rag that I would use, you know, to do that. And it's looking back on that, it's fun and it makes me smile, and you're smiling. And we have these these stories of these cars that we remember affectionately, you know, from thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, who remembers.
Speaker 5: Whatever appliance they drove five years But nobody cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, exactly. Yeah, you know, again, it was one of these things. You know, it was both a love and hate relationship that I had with a spitfire. It's like, I imagine if you had, you know, a girlfriend that you're like, but she's constantly creating problems. I never had that problem Karen's doing the board. Never had a girlfriend like that, but I didn't have a car like that. And you know, so he loved it and you hated it. It was a raw experiences in Florida, and so you know, it's hot and humid, and then it would rain in the afternoons, and when it rain, you just had the single thickness of a roof there. So it was like you were in a tent and it's leaking in through the windows and all the rest of the stuff, and you're driving down the road and everything is shaking. But it was a blast, you know, it really was a blast. And so it's also empowering. Yeah, it was empowering and a way, this is something I think that's important to convey to young people who don't have any direct experience with this.
Speaker 5: Yeah it broke down, but you know what, you could usually fix it with these these modern computer controlled devices, essentially cell phones. They're fine until they stop working, and once they stop working, that's it. You know, you just you helplessly stand there by the side of the road waiting for the toad truck. That's kind of a masculating, you know, in a very real way. It was great to be able to deal with the problem by the side of the road. You know, you had to band aid it with whatever literally duct tape, the young wire or whatever, but you got the thing back on the road, and that made you feel really good. Particularly when you're young. You're like, wow, I can you know, I can deal with this. I can handle a problem myself, as opposed to having to pick up the phone and call somebody who can help me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah yeah. And with that car, you know, the spidfire, the whole front half of the car was one piece, so you'd lift up the front, which was both fenders as well as the hood and everything, and you can step inside the chassis and work on the engine. You know, I mean it's just right there. It's this little, tiny engine, and there was plenty of room to stand inside the engine bay with the engine.
Speaker 5: You know. That reminds you another thing I talked about in that article about what you can't do anymore is see the engine. Yeah, because you know, the manufacturers are almost all you know. They put these black plastic they call them acoustic or sound deadening covers on top of the engine, which has the effect of making all the engines look exactly the same. There was a time when your new car dealers would probably pop the hoods of their new vehicles, and that way people who are interested in the park could go in marvel you know what was under the hood. Look at that. Wow, that's neat. I love to pop the hood of old cars like my trans end, because it's just neat to look at the engine. You know, they made it interesting to look at it. Now they all look the same, and whether it's delivered or not, I feel as though it serves the purpose of fading any distinction that's meaningful between cars with engines and electric cars. Pop the hood versus piece of black plastic. Who cares it all looks the same.
Speaker 1: It's all sled up. You don't see anything. I've got a couple of comments here. One of them is from Seth Landergan. Thank you for the tip, Seth. Appreciate you, says Eric Peter is one of my favorite night show guests. Great job as always, David and Grew Yeah, one of my favorite guests as well. We've been talking for many years. I love talking to Eric. And this is also from Jason Barker. The one time I trusted abs and kept my foot on the brakes, I said, halfway down the road with zero control. Coomas says, air bags in the seat like a Russian videos and launch their friends fifty feet in the air. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: I've seen that video, and that brings up another point if I might want a quick little rant about how the cost benefit and risk reward equation has been taken away from us. You know, people will say, but airbags save lives. That's true, but they can also hurt and even kill you, And you don't have the choice. And it doesn't matter whether somebody else as well. It's more likely that it will help you rather than hurt you. So what, it's not their business, it's not their right to take that choice away from you. You have the right as an empowered adult to make those decisions for yourself. But they want to treat us as if we were idiot children in perpetuity at least. You know, parents in the normal sense, the goal is to raise their children to become empowered adults, whereas with these people in government who want to parent us, the goal is to keep us in a state of childlike idiotcy forever.
Speaker 1: That's right. They treat adults like children, and they treat children like adults now in the schools. But you know, you talk about airbags. When they first came out, Remember they had set these things up and tweaked them for a typical men, right, and it was injuring women and killing children. And then and remember the fight about can't I just have the ability to turn this thing off? No, you can't turn it off. Not gonna let you try. That was the most amazing thing to me.
Speaker 5: Now, and we've had this, we've had this admitted. The government acknowledges, you know, the massive tobacca with the Takata airbags, which affects millions of vehicles. Yeah, they will not even allow people who had the misfortunate to buy one of these things and have that thing steering at them in the face to temporarily have the thing turned off until the dealers can clear the backlog of people who were waiting to get the you know, the replacement airbags. They just it tells you again what they really care about isn't your safety, It's about their authority and their control.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's absolutely right. And I talked about that early in the program. A helicopter pile trying to go in and help people, and when he landed, he had this little Barney Fife come up to him. You're gonna get arrested if you go and do this again. You've got to get out of here. And in all my authority, he doesn't care about the people who can't get out. There's no government helicopters taking them out. He's just going to shut it down. You and I talked about the Dakata airbags many many times. We talked about it in the context of this nonsense about the Volkswagen emissions problems and all the rest of this stuff, and said, look, you know, they've killed sixteen people worldwide, and they have these recalls of these things. If these things go off, it's like getting shot in the chest with a shotgun or something like that. And yet they're not doing the same thing to Dakata that they did to Volkswagen. Because with Volkswagen that was part of their agenda. They had to shut everything down for their agenda, for their green agenda that they're running through. Just amazing.
Speaker 5: The contrasts between Volkswagens very high mileage, very high efficiency diesel powered cars and the electric cars was something that could not be abided. You know, you could as recently as twenty but twenty fifteen, I think when you're still available, you could buy a brand new jet up mid sized sedan with a diesel engine that got fifty miles per gallon twenty two thousand dollars. It kind of makes us forty thousand dollars test that looks silly.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, By the way, Jason Barker, thank you for this, And to remind everybody, so everybody's on Twitter, please go find Eric and leave a comment on one of his posts. He's being shadow banded there and we can break that if we interact with his posts. And again, Jason, yes, Twitter handle is a libertarian car guy.
Speaker 5: Sound like a mobster And that's not intentional, it's just they wouldn't they wouldn't let me have the additional characters to say libertarian hard.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about a friend who has passed Mike Valentine, the Valentine radar detectors. And again this is something that we're going to look back already probably on as we got the insurance companies and the car company are snitching on you, telling the insurance companies he's driving too fast. On it's just amount of time before they start sending that into the police and everything. But you know, for the time being, the old Smoky in the Bandit gang where you've got radar and radar detectors and this going back and forth, he was a real pioneer and that the Valentine radar detectors, and of course they're a sponsor on your website to see them all the time. So if somebody's going to get one of these excellent radar detectors, click through at Eric petersautos dot com. That'll help Eric. And it's a you know, but it's it's a great radar detector. Tell us a little bit about your perspective.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mike, I know Mike personally. I first interviewed Mike back in the nineties when I was working to Washington Times. Really good guy and for those who are not aware of Mike, he was the guy who developed one of the first really effective multivan radarchitectors that detected all of the various bands police radar. And more than just that, he was very, very directly and enthusiastically involved against a fight to repeal the federal fifty five mile an hour speed limit, which people who are in their twenties today won't remember. This was something that lasted for almost twenty years, that I think was imposed in nineteen seventy four and lasted through about ninety four, if I'm remembering my numbers correctly, and we're.
Speaker 1: Going to let me, let me say it would have been to his advantage to cheer that on, because I would have helped to sales. Right, you'd think, yeah.
Speaker 5: But no, you know, he was again, he was just a good guy, a regular American guy who thought it was outrageous that the federal government would just arbitrarily declare literally just like that, the highway speeds that have been perfectly legal and presumably safe, you know, safe to drive seventy miles an hour in nineteen seventy three, and all of a sudden it is illegal speeding. You know, the day after this thing gets gets changed, and you know, he probably saved millions of Americans many millions of dollars. I know he saved me many thousands of dollars in extortionate fines, particularly when I'm a young guy, because the ms NMS all the National maximum speeding that was still enforced when I was in college. So I was doing a lot of driving back then, and if I hadn't had a radar sector, my driving rap sheet would have been longer than a phone book.
Speaker 1: And he had the best one. I mean, he had greatomic. I think it was angled over to the side. Yeah, he just came out with the second generation a couple of years ago. I think I've still got the first generation. I actually there's anybody who's got a Valentine detector. There is a great app that's for free. It's a guy from Raleigh, I think because in his examples all the maps and everything are there in Raleigh. But it's an app called JB V one as a Valentine one, but it's JB as in John Boy, and he just does an amazing job combining the functions of your phone in terms of GPS location, other things like that, to h and giving you control to mute it or to you know, added a whole bunch of features to the old Valentine Radar TIS that then got added in in the second generation. But it's just a great app and it's out there for free. This guy does it again because just a kind of a passion. You know, it was a business for Mike Valentine, but as you point out, he had a passion to help people not get ticketed. Yeah, it is a shame to see that that passing away, and it's a shame to see the ability of us to play smoking in the mandmit going away too.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 5: Well, think about the V one detector too that people should know about. There is now a lot of what you might call electronic clutter on the road because almost all new cars are actively emitting signals because they have they have their own laser and radar systems built in as part of the safety technology. So it can be pointless to run one of the other detectors because they're constantly going off because they're picking up these signals, and you know, after a while, you just can't deal with the thing beeping at you and flashing lights all the time. The ladiest generation V one from Valentine has filtered out that stuff. So now when you get an alert it is a police for it's not some other car coming at you that has some driver's safety technology that's causing the thing to trigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's really the key thing now, And that's one of the things I like when I use the app, the JB one when I've got I've got a convertible. So where do I put my radar detector? Right? It's like a big red flag. It's not illegal like it is in Virginia where you live, but you know, it's a big red flag for cops if they see it there. So I do is I mounted it onto I stick it on to a turbulence deflector that's behind me, and I've got a section cup mount on it and my son three D printed a black box so nobody can see the display and everything gets sent to my phone, which you know a lot of people have a phone mounted so that they can get navigation. It's got a map on it and all that kind of stuff. But it also does that it does a good job of remembering certain signals and muting those out. And that's really where the rubber meets the road today, and radar detectors is a way of false signals and you know, things that belong to hondas and things like they're really bad about that.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: But and also locations that you're going to drive by, whether there's some kind of a burglar alarm, so it remembers all that stuff and it shuts it down and uh, and that really is now being incorporated into the second generation of the radar detectors. It was always interesting to me. It was like this, you know, measures and countermeasures and counter countermeasures. It was always.
Speaker 5: A five versus spider. Remember that old.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what it was. But that's kind of the world that we live in now. And it's now everything is becoming like that.
Speaker 5: You know, whether you're well, it's particularly important.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 5: It was always a malting and ohway is an annoyance, but now it has gotten to be outright extortionate. You know, you get a simple speeding ticket and in many states it's one hundred several hundred dollars fine, just a trivial speeding ticket. But that's not the worst of it. The worst of it will come a few months later when you get your adjustment, uh, the insurance bot. Yeah, and they'll continue to adjust you for the next three years at least until that ticket finally drops off of your record. So you know, people look at the cost of the rear architecture. My god, it's five hundred bucks. I can't afford to spend five hundred bucks. Yes you can. Yeah, compare that to the cost of even one ticket.
Speaker 1: That's right. I put in the same category two as you know, having a camera there so you can tell that you're not at fault in the accident. That type of thing. Always great talking to you, Eric Peters, Eric petersautos dot com. Very interesting articles about real cars, about liberty, and about mobility. Thank you so much, Eric, and thank you all of you for joining us today.
Speaker 5: Good Thank you, David. I appreciate it.
Speaker 15: The David Knight Show is a critical thinking super spreader. If you've been exposed to logic by listening to The David Knight Show, please do your pot and try not to spread it. Financial support or simply tell the others about the show causes this dangerous information to spread.
Speaker 1: Father.
Speaker 15: People have to trust me, I mean, trust the science. Wear you mask, take your vaccine, don't ask questions.
Speaker 2: Using free speech to free minds. It's the David Knight Show.