Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome idiots. Time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trusted. He is eight thirty three sixty two degrees and we've got some rains of sunshining here. Courtesy of Cornerstone Classical Academy. Dale willis you brought friends? I did tell us about our friends here today.
Speaker 2: There are two of our nine students that we have in our Leadership Academy. We have Gracie Call, who is a freshman, and Zane Deal, who is a senior and is also doing a little work for you guys around here.
Speaker 1: We see Zine every day.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: This is really neat. So I'm going to start out first of all with Zane. Tell us about your experience here with the leadership program.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's been great, it's been great.
Speaker 4: It's it made me realize how much work goes into like broadcasting and radio stations. Recently, Like I've been working with Joe a lot. He's been teaching me about voiceovers and it's so interesting how you can record something then it sounds like it's live on the radio and then yeah, it's just so interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, there's there's a lot of different facets. Again, you're picking up on them pretty quick, and you're getting it from a seasoned professional. Yeah, that's that's kind of where this is all about, to get in some mentorship with folks who've been around the workplace a little bit.
Speaker 2: We're making a really strong effort at the Leadership School to get our students out into the community and see how things really work on the ground level and what what good leaders look like. I'm sure we'll eventually bump into what bad leaders look like, but we haven't yet.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 5: We started here with you guys, so we did it right.
Speaker 2: But now we're trying to be really active in the community and find out make those connections and just get our kids integrated, turning kind of turned knowledge into action and get them out there.
Speaker 1: That's great, Gracie, tell us a little bit about your story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I'm loving the Leadership Academy.
Speaker 6: It really shows me, like how like what a good leader looks like and what makes a good leader and the attributes that past leaders have that we can apply in our own lives to make us better leaders in the future.
Speaker 1: Gate what are some of the things to make a good leader? A good leader.
Speaker 6: Well, like humility. That's a big thing that we've been looking at. Like with George Washington, we've been looking at him in the past, and a big thing that he had was.
Speaker 3: Humility, like to not take all of.
Speaker 6: His success for himself, but he really just like lifted others up and was like, well it wasn't just me who did this, it was all my other team as well.
Speaker 1: Wow, man, that's good. You do it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing a deep dive into biographies of leaders in the past that have really done it the right way. We just finished George Washington. We're going to discuss Joan of Arc in class this week. That was our second biography that we've done, and we've got a really long list of leadership components and just great examples of doing it in a way that not only lifts your team up, like Gracie said, but also honors God and a strong effort to do thing the right way.
Speaker 1: Now, I understand that there have been some field drips just the short time you folks have been going to school police and firing it. Am I correct tell us about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So on nine to eleven, we did a tour of the Bartisville Fire Department and the Bartisville Police Department and kind of went over like what they do there and also kind of like how to get a job there.
Speaker 3: If like one of the students in leadership wanted to like.
Speaker 6: Go that career path, but really just what they do there and what makes them a special.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know, leadership and camaraderie and everything else. You know, the teamwork. You know, we're.
Speaker 2: Focusing in our ass on servant leadership and there's not a better example that in our police department, in our fur department of servant leadership, and we really got to see that blows up.
Speaker 1: Now, you're a senior this year, you've spent off for at the Cornerstone. Not exactly, not exactly, but how's your experience been at Cornerstone.
Speaker 5: At Cornerston, It's been great.
Speaker 4: It's taught me a lot, and it's taught me a lot of real world applications.
Speaker 1: Well that's good because you know, if you just get the hypothetical in the classroom and all of a sudden get out in the real world, that's like stepping on a racing getting that sulp right there. You know, it's not a good thing.
Speaker 5: When we started our year. This year, we haven't.
Speaker 2: There's a heavy infas on history studying earlier leaders in our in our program, and I promised our kids that we were not going to memorize dates this year, but we're going to look going to go a little deeper than that. We're going to see what made this leader make this decision. We're going to see how the culture influenced his decisions and his leadership. We're going to be more concerned with why they did what they did instead of when they did what they did.
Speaker 5: And I think that.
Speaker 2: Really that puts a lot more meat on the bone for what were study.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, there's a lot more to think about when you examined the thinking that's right that went into an action. And you know, when we go back to history, they say it's often written by the victors. Sometimes it's not. Sometimes it's a combination of everything right. And once you get into that, I mean, you can probably see why some decisions are really really good. Now there's really really bad. Not going to make anything about mister Custer here, but you know things, but that was a bad decision. But anyway, it's great to know that you're in a great place with Cornerstone Academy. You're liking it so far, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's been so fun. It's probably the highlight of my week.
Speaker 1: All right, very good and of course your experience you told us you really like this too. We have such a nice format because it's a blended format. It's a little bit about.
Speaker 5: This well, the Cornerstone Academy itself.
Speaker 2: We have the Leadership Academy that these guys are in that I teach, and then we also have just a Tuesday Thursday school at Cornerstone, which is a hybrid model of classroom on Tuesday Thursday and homeschool Monday, Wednesday Friday.
Speaker 5: And that's pre K through high school.
Speaker 2: We added high school classes this year and that's really really gone.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. That's why you answered the way you did, because you knew, and you knew that I didn't know. Isn't he good? He's going to be a good leader.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: We've got nine kids in this class that have all proven that they're there for the right reasons. They're looking for ways to improve themselves, and they have their future. You know, they're thinking about what's next. And I'm not sure I did that when I was in High School. I was thinking about what was for lunch, and.
Speaker 1: I'm with you there, Dale.
Speaker 2: It's really impressive and just a blessing to me to get spend time with these guys.
Speaker 1: Now, how can parents find out more about this so that when they're looking ahead next semester or next year.
Speaker 5: You go to our Facebook page. What's our Facebook page? Comercial Classical Academy.
Speaker 2: I was confusing that with the website Corsal Classical Academy and go there, find all you need there and we can get connected with you and show you how to get plugged in.
Speaker 1: Well that's great. Plus, if you go to the website, just put it on the Google It'll get you there. You'll find out a little bit more about the history of the school and a little bit about everything else that goes on. I have been going on for a few years down and been doing quite well. Matter.
Speaker 2: This is the eleventh year of Cornerstone. We actually had a Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting just this past week. We joined the Chamber and that's a really cool stepe. We really enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: All right, well, great, you know are you are you going to keep this a secret? You're going to let some of your friends know about this. Crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh, we're definitely telling everybody. We always are accepting new people and we always want to expand it so everybody can come and join.
Speaker 1: All right, So it's not the Bicket's kept secret anymore. It's getting out there.
Speaker 5: We're doing our best.
Speaker 1: Are we overworking you here, Zane?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: Okay. I just wanted to make sure because you know, when you're young, sometimes people say, well they can do it, I'll just sit here and watch. I'm hoping we're not doing that too. Yeah, Okay, good, good, Dale. This has got to be something really special for you. I know this is something you've wanted to do for a while.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this with various people in the community for about five years now, and it's just really you know, you never know when you pull something together what God's going to do with it.
Speaker 5: You just kind of count on that, and here we are.
Speaker 1: Well, you know something, in just a few short weeks after five years of putting it together, you folks have really caught fire.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of great conversation around our community right now that we're doing and that that just really really blesses all of us.
Speaker 1: It's pretty much one of the talks with the town, as they say.
Speaker 5: I think it is.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, you guys are no strangers, and I really hope you had a good time conversing with the police and fire because I got to tell you they're more than just people with sharp uniforms, and they've got sharp minds, right, and when it comes to just kind of figuring things out and working it all together, they do this on a day to day basis. Maybe if the rest of society would kind of figure that out, that we've got to do this all together, we might be in a better spot all the way resolutely. And maybe that's what this leadership is all about. I think. All right, once again, how can they get a hold of you?
Speaker 5: Can they just get a Hoostone Classical academy and take it from there?
Speaker 1: Alrighty, hey, thank you for bringing in the pair of the brightest.
Speaker 5: I'm really proud of both of them.
Speaker 1: We ought to be. I know they're my the dads are they are and we are too. Thank you very much and thank you every day. All right, all right, we've got more coming up.