Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a Trump doctrine.
Speaker 1: From Middle East, announced in no uncertain terms today, major address in Saudi Arabia, and so we'll get you a lot of that hot sound. I think it may be viewed looking back in what two, three, five, ten, twenty years as one of those standout, maybe even pivotal days in American foreign policy. But the president clearly making a break with the past in no uncertain terms. Picture the setting for this. You know, you're in Riod and you've got the Crown, Prince MBS front and center. Obviously a lot of this has been pre wired, and you have this very high tech looks like a modified ballroom but about as fancy and tech savvy as you can get. And the President is up there alone, he's making this major address. And here is I think one of the points at the heart of it.
Speaker 3: I believe it is God's job to sit in judgment, my job to defend America and to promote the fundamental interest of stability, prosperity, and peace.
Speaker 2: That's what I really want to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think obviously the presidents saying, hey, do you know the human rights issues? And I'm sure he means within reason, but the human rights issues are not going to be the priority issues at this point. You know, let God sit in judgment of that. I'm here to protect America's interest, referring to America's you know, peace and prosperity interest. So that I think a key part of the Trump doctrine. There were some others as well. Can't play all the sound because there was so much. I mean, and you know, I'm normally just pulling in Ryan as the highlight bites, but there are a lot of highlight bites today. I think this is another of those those key foundational pieces to the new Trump Mideast doctrine.
Speaker 3: Before our eyes, a new generation of leaders is transcending the ancient conflicts of tired divisions of the past and forging a future where the Middle East is defined by commerce not chaos, where it exports technology not terrorism, and where people of different nations, religions, and creeds are building cities together, not bombing each other out of existence.
Speaker 4: We don't want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And obviously part of that's aspirational, but part of it's real, and it's happening, and not in its purest form, but nothing happening on a human level. It's in its purest form. But here's the point. There are some bastions. There are some throwback bastions where they have no interest in prosperity, that they have no interest in peace. They exist to kill, and that is the Iranian regime, not the Iranian people. They're prisoners of the Iranian regime, but the Iranian regime. They exist to kill, is to commit the next Holocaust. And I think one of the things that President Trump is wisely doing here is he's building and you'll hear.
Speaker 4: Some of his.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even call him concessions, but some of his major strategic moves to build this coalition in the Mideast to isolate Iran. Because Iran isn't the only bad actor, right but in terms of the worst of the bad actors and the one posing the most immediate threat to this nation and our Ali Israel, great Ali Israel, it would be Iran. So I think part of this whole play is to isolate Iran and to I'm sure the President hopes be able to resolve that peacefully, but I'll play some sounds you'll hear. He makes it very clear that in the end he will obliterate Iran if he has to.
Speaker 3: Before our eyes, a new generation of leaders is transcending.
Speaker 1: That it's really good, but not good enough to play twice. Here's the follow up to that, And that was on me, honest.
Speaker 2: Crucial for the wider world to note.
Speaker 3: This great transformation has not come from Western intervention no less, or flying people and beautiful planes giving you lectures on how to live and how to govern your own affairs. No, the gleaming marvels of Riad and Abu Dhabi were not created by the so called nation builders, neocons or liberal nonprofits like those who spent trillions and trillions of dollars failing to develop Kabbal Baghdad so many other cities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's another pillar of the new Trump doctrine for the Mid East. You know, all the Americans who've been flying over here, and it's implied, not stated, from both parties, you know, who've been telling you how to live. No, those those days are over. And again this ties back into the President making it clear that human rights are not going to be the focus again and drawing the line when it comes to Iran.
Speaker 4: And I'll get to some of that specifically.
Speaker 3: Instead, the birth of a modern Middle East has been brought by the people of the region themselves, the people that are right here, the people that have lived here all their lives, Developing your own sovereign countries, pursuing your own unique visions and charting your own destinies in your own way. It's really incredible what you've done. In the end, the so called nation builders wrecked far more nations than they built, and the interventionalists were intervening in complex societies.
Speaker 2: That they did not even understand themselves.
Speaker 3: They told you how to do it, but they had no idea how to do it themselves. Peace, prosperity, and progress ultimately came not from a radical rejection of your heritage, but rather from embracing your national traditions and embracing that same heritage that you love Earlier.
Speaker 1: And obviously the message being very well received. Again, I think it's part of a bigger strategy to try to get that widespread and starting in Saudi Arabia, right, because not all of those countries are created equal, and the King pain of Saudi Arabia to again try to isolate Iran. Now here's where the President turns to Iran. And there's no question Iran clear and present danger to this nation, to our great Ali Israel, to this nation's economy, to to world health. Economically, Iran simply cannot have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 4: I want to make a deal with Iran.
Speaker 3: If I can make a deal with Iran, I'll be very happy if we're going to make your region and the world's.
Speaker 4: A safer place.
Speaker 3: But if Iran's leadership rejects this olive branch and continues to attack their neighbors, then we will have no choice but to inflict massive maximum pressure drive Iranian oil exports to zero.
Speaker 4: Like I did before. If you know that they were a.
Speaker 3: Virtually banged crypt country because of what I did, they had no money for terror, they had no money for Hamas or Hezbollah, and take all action required to stop the regime from ever having a nuclear weapon. Iran will never have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 1: Ye, and Trump walked the talk. He had a run on the ropes. Remember and one of the first things Biden did when he got into office was to empower Aran.
Speaker 4: Trump says no more that.
Speaker 3: But with that said, Iran can have a much brighter future, but will never allow America and his allies to be threatened with terrorism or nuclear attack.
Speaker 5: The choices there is to make.
Speaker 3: We really want them to be a successful country. We want them to be a wonderful, safe, great country, but they cannot have a nuclear weapon. This is an offer that will not last forever. The time is right now for them to choose.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 4: We don't have a lot of time to wait.
Speaker 1: And then the President making it very clear, and we'll play a bunch of that sound but this one kind of summarizes it that if necessary, he'll do what he has to do militarily to end that regime. If the regime pursues further.
Speaker 3: The nuclear weapon, I will never hesitate to wield American power if it's necessary to defend the United States or to help defend our allies. And there will be no mercy for any foe who tries.
Speaker 2: To do us or them harm.
Speaker 4: We will have no mercy. They understand that. That's why I've been pretty lucky. A lot of people think, you know.
Speaker 3: He's looking to fight, he's looking to fight, and things get settled.
Speaker 5: It's an amazing thing.
Speaker 4: When they really think you mean it.
Speaker 2: But we do.
Speaker 5: We have the.
Speaker 3: Greatest military, the strongest military, stronger.
Speaker 4: Than any nobody's even close.
Speaker 3: We have the best weapons in the world, but we don't want to use them. If you threaten America or our partners, however, then you'll be faced with overwhelming strength and deva stating for us. We have things that you don't even know about, you don't hear about, and if.
Speaker 5: You did, you say, wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Trump doctrine announced today in the Mid East. This is the start of a multi day swing. So yeah, I love the play in lots of different respects, and starting with the fact that Iran is a clear and present danger. The clock is ticking, has to be dealt with very very soon. And I think a lot of what the President had to say when he talked about the Mid East parts of it transforming now and being more concerned with prosperity than with terrorism true, and I think the President's in a perfect position now to try to advance that further while isolating around.
Speaker 4: So come back, get your take on that much more. You're on the Dan Capla.
Speaker 2: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Far too many American presidents have been afflicted with the notion that it's our job to look into the souls of foreign leaders and use US policy to dispense justice for this sins they loved using our very powerful military. And now it's really the most powerful it's ever been. We just are getting a budget approof one trillion dollars, highest budget we've ever had in history for military, one trillion dollars, and we're getting the greatest missiles, the greatest weapons, And you know, I hate, I hate to do it, but you have to do it because we believe in peace through strength. You have to have the strength otherwise bad things could happen. But hopefully we'll never have to use any of those weapons. Seems to be an awfully big waste of money if you're never going to use them, But hopefully we'll never have to use them, because the destructive power of some of those weapons are like nobody's seen before.
Speaker 4: If you just joined us, thank you. What a beautiful day.
Speaker 1: The Trump doctrine announced today in riodd and it is powerful. It is clear, it is bold, we're talking it through. I think it's fair to say the President making it very clear that the US will will not be addressing human rights issues, you know, with with its Mid East allies. And you know, I'll play this this clip. Trump just comes right out and says it. You know, it's it's God's job to sit in judgment. Was I think one of the key pillars of this Trump doctor Now in return, and obviously Trump wants a lot in return, not just for this, but you know, there were some other policy pronouncements today that were really significant and including you know, removing at this point the sanctions on Syria, which the host MBS, Saudi Arabia, Turkey others have been pushing hard for. But the but the point of the President is that, you know, he wants this to be a very prosperous relationship. He wants to run isolated, and he wants those Midiest countries that are trying at this point and some are succeeding, you know, in developing technologically, et cetera, to be able to continue to do that and human rights. And he didn't say it in these terms, but clearly the message human rights is not going to be the US focus.
Speaker 3: I believe it is God's job to sit in judgment, my job to defend America and to promote the fundamental interest of stability, prosperity, and peace.
Speaker 2: That's what I really want to do.
Speaker 4: And so we'll get to much more from that.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine. If you don't follow beblon b on Ax, you're missing a lot of one of their instant classics today see this one Ryan Jake Tapper uncovers startling evidence that Biden's decline was covered up by Jake Tapper.
Speaker 6: So true, right, yeah, and we've got sound of that effect as well, where you attempt to shift the blame saying, hey, we were lied to. The people on the inside of the Biden administration were covering this.
Speaker 2: I'm not telling us.
Speaker 1: So anybody stupid enough to believe what they were being told rather than what they were seen, right, you know at that point shouldn't have their job to begin with that. I don't believe these are stupid people. I think Jake Tepper is a smart person who decided to engage in one of the worst cover ups in American political history, probably this single worst offense, the single worst defense by journalists in American history, to cover up the fact that, as we talked about every day on the show, I've been talking about for two and a half years, you know, we do not have a president, we have a non functional president, we have no president. And yet these people were willing to continue to peddle alike to the American people.
Speaker 4: So they're party won.
Speaker 7: You have an entire White House press corps though, following him around, and I'm just curious as to whether or not this kind of trying to hide what was happening with the president at the time had an impact on the press corps, like why didn't we hear some of these details from what they actually saw? And we're dealing with trying to get information.
Speaker 8: Well, Alex Thompson and I were on the case, as were lots of other reporters trying to figure out what was going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: If you weren't able to figure that out, you should not have your job. They figured it out. They were part of the cover.
Speaker 6: Well, and the ultimate slam on the media came from Saturday Night Live, Dan, which is, you know, a friend to the Biden administration or should be, And they kept running this bit about behind closed doors, he's a maniac, he crawls off the ceilings. Keen and Todd's, they're all doing that. But it didn't have to be to your point, then, behind the scenes. It was right in front of our faces, him falling down at the Air Force graduation ceremony, right.
Speaker 1: And the best of journalism is investigative reporting, right. And it wouldn't have taken Woodward and Bernstein right. It was right there in front of your eyes. And if they had been motivated to serve America and to report the truth to America, they could have had an intern go out and do the things you'd need to do to get more layers of proof that we had an incapacitated president.
Speaker 8: But the bottom line is the White House was lying not only to the press, not only to the public, but they were lying to members.
Speaker 2: Of their own cabinet.
Speaker 8: They were lying to White House staffers, they were lying to Democratic members of Congress, to donors about how bad things had gotten.
Speaker 1: Wait a second to say, their line assumes that everybody you just mentioned could not see this for themselves. They could, and they were all part of the lie. They were all part of the cover up that includes Michael Bennett, and includes Jared Polis, and includes John Hickenlooper Kamala Harris. One of the many reasons she should have lost is she was a key player in lying to the American people. She betrayed the American people. Everybody I just mentioned who was in a position of power and knew they betrayed the American people by not putting America first, putting America at a party and standing up and saying no, that this is a situation. Our president, God love them, is not able to function physically and mentally. And even that's what they should have done, and they paid the price right what they ended up losing the election.
Speaker 2: Their selfish interest.
Speaker 6: Let's put aside any moral obligation to the American people, which there is that. But did they really think this was going to play out what they were seeing that they would just talk themselves into Joe Biden is still cognitively sufficient and coherent enough to beat a completely lucid Donald Trump in a debate, in a campaign and energy on the road where you would have to go out and do appearances. You couldn't hide in the basement like you did during the COVID campaign of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Did they really think this would play out?
Speaker 6: This is what I'm asking and that Biden would somehow win reelection If they wanted Trump to lose, shouldn't they have done dogged journalism to dig this up and get this out in the open and get Biden off the ticket.
Speaker 1: They were all acting in their selfish interests. They were doing their own selfish calculation that hey, wait a second ticket. J're at Polish right, who wanted to be president?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And I want to be the Broncos quarterback.
Speaker 1: But as and I said it at the time, if Polis had just had the courage to come out and say, hey, wait a second, love him, but he's not functional, that the president is not mentally functional, I'm going to get in this race, you know, Polus would have elevated his stock so much. But he did the calculation, just as they all did the calculation. And they just bet they do more harm to themselves politically than good in standing up and speaking the truth to the American people. That's why none of them should be in office. None of them should be in office because they made a premeditated, deliberate decision to act against the best interest of America in order to pursue their own.
Speaker 2: Selfish best course.
Speaker 1: And of course the irony is that they all end up losing to one degree or another, as they should. One of the most just outcomes in America. Now, Hey, American in the world suffered a great deal in the process, right. I mean, look at the rape and pillage of Ukraine. Look at October seven, Look at all the horrible things that happened in America and across the globe because all of these people were talking about decide I did to become part of the big lie to the American people.
Speaker 4: But you know what, the American people knew they were being lied.
Speaker 1: To, right, and in the end, they spoke loudly and clearly on election Day. Let's hope that that carries over now into this cycle, this cycle in Colorado and beyond.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you just joined us, thank you.
Speaker 1: So many interesting things going on today, including the President announcing the Trump Doctrine in Riot and we'll have some of that powerful sound and more on the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Secretary Marco Rubio will be meeting with the New Syria and Foreign Minister in Turkey later this week, and very importantly, after discussing the situation in Syria with the Crown Prince you're a crown prince, and also with President Ernigan of Turkey who called me the other day and asked for a very similar thing, among others and friends of mine well that I have a lot of respect for in the Middle East. I will be ordering the cessation of sanctions against Syria in order to give them a chance.
Speaker 1: Act rate this bold moved by the President part of the Trump doctrine announced today in Saudi Arabia, a doctrine for the entire Mid East. I think I labeled a Trump doctrine, not exactly creative, but I think it's accurate, and I think it's a really big deal, particularly if there's the follow through, and I expect that there will be now as part of this or at Saudi Arabia promising six hundred billion dollars. In fact, I think they appear to be pretty concrete deal, six hundred with a B billion in terms of everything from arms purchases to other involvements in American business. But the President, I think, very wisely and clearly trying to rally the Mid East to isolate the Iranian leadership. I won't say iron because the Iranian people are prisoners of the Iranian leadership, but they do and I know it does and feel like it day to day on the street. But they do pose a clear and present danger to you, your family, me, my family, our country, our great Ali Israel, and the world. So I do think the Mid East is changing in many ways for the better. I think Trump was not just aspirational but pretty accurate on that today in some senses. But in the middle of that, and they aren't the only bad actors. You have that Iranian regime right now that lives to kill, they live to spread death, whereas you do have other parts of the Mideast that are better focused more now on peace, prosperity, etc.
Speaker 4: So play some of that hot sound.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of different topics bouncing around today, which is always fun. We are talking about professional sports ownership, not in the X and O sense. I know we're not a sports show, though we'd be a darn good one if we were, but just in this bigger question of is professional sports team ownership not legally I'm just talking right and wrong, which should matter even more right, right and wrong. Should it be viewed as a public true. I believe clearly it should be, because it's not like any other type of business. There's only one. It's not like, oh, you don't like the Colorado Rockies, you can go down the street tomorrow and watch the Colorado Zombies.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: And then you get back to the history and tradition of a city, sometimes a state, so wrapped up in that particular team, And then you get to the kids, because the kids only have this short window when they're kids, right, and you know, the kids opportunity to enjoy, you know, that extra pleasure of a team that's competitive, and in the case of baseball, you're watching, you know the results every day, and it becomes a bonding thing with your parents and your family. And let's face it, we have a whole called a generation of kids who are being deprived of that in Colorado, who are not going to experience that in Colorado when it comes to baseball. Now, very fortunate, right when it comes to the other major sports. But I just think it should be viewed as more of a public trust than just what happens to work best with the X and o's and listen, I happened to.
Speaker 4: I don't know them, know them, but been around them a little bit.
Speaker 1: I've been like the Montforts personally, and they've done some wonderful things for charity. I'd love to see them win a world championship in Denver. I'd love to see all of that. But obviously this isn't working. And it's similar Ryan. You take the beautiful shoelin of state right. In many, many places, the beautiful shoeling of State.
Speaker 4: Would be the gem of the block.
Speaker 1: But if you're competing in let's say a best homes competition and you're in the NL West, well you got the Dodgers, you got the Giants, etc. I'm sorry, you can't just howl at the moon.
Speaker 5: You got to.
Speaker 4: Acknowledge that reality.
Speaker 1: And the reality when it comes to baseball in Colorado, in my humble opinion, is that it's going to take a gazillionaire who does not care if she or he loses money on the team. And there are a ton of gazillionaires, and sure they like to make money, that's why they're gazillionaires. But you got a ton of gazillionaires who are willing to lose money or make less money each year in order to win, and more importantly, they have a gazillion to spend to go out and chase what they view as their legacy winning a championship.
Speaker 2: And this simple.
Speaker 1: Reality is it's going to require that kind of owner, in my opinion, for the Rockies to get there and be consistently there.
Speaker 4: If that's going to be the Montforts, uh huh. I like them.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see them be the people who hoist the trophy and win these world championships.
Speaker 4: But something's got to change, quick straps.
Speaker 2: Shot take. You're exactly right.
Speaker 6: But the NL West has been the best overall division for how many years in a row now? And it is an arms race literally arms pitching. And you have the Dodgers, the Giants. They can post these big bids for these Japanese stars, millions upon millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: You got Arizona. They've got a great farm system.
Speaker 6: They develop a lot of great young players, and Colorado has not been able to do either one of those things. Signed the big name free agent pitcher, develop the talent from within. This goes beyond just Bud Black and the dugout and the manager for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it just comes back to the money, right, It just comes back to the money now, and you've got to make some good decisions this and that. But listen, nobody's going to make good decisions all the time. The difference is when the Dodgers blow it. Ah, Okay, we just blew two hundred million on a guy, or maybe three hundred million. That's okay, We'll spend four hundred million on the next guy, right and it it just doesn't matter to them. And I understand you have some major market economics, but what it all really comes back to is there've been an awful lot of money people who have made more money than it's even hard to than you can even imagine calculating over the last twenty years or so, and a lot of those people want to buy major league franchises, and I just think it's going to take that kind of ownership. And if the Montforts can swing it again, I like them. I'd love to see him raise the trophy. But something should change in Colorado. Three or three someone three eight two five five TEXTDA and five seven seven three nine. Let me get to the phone lines that will say this. Still absolutely love going to the park. It's tremendous experience when you get to the ballpark. The customer service is great, the park's beautiful, the park's clean, the people who work there are wonderful. We keep our season tickets, and we're going to keep our season tickets, and we enjoy going. I'm just talking about what should happen, what should happen here. By the way, as we go to the phone lines, allow me one other sports note, because it is so true, and that is what should happen tonight and won't is it the Nuggets? And I just admire, I so admire just this maximum effort we've seen in the postseason. But if the Nuggets, if the Nuggets would just rest their starters tonight, I think they should give the double middle digits to the NBA, which has absolutely undermined them in scheduling, and give in playoff scheduling and just rest their starters tonight. Nuggets should bench their starters tonight, let them rest up for Thursday and go in win that home game and then go grab a Game seven. But the NBA has been extremely unfair to this Denver Nuggets team, and that's what I think they should do. One other bit of advice for the Nuggets, Ryan, and I know you will instantly agree.
Speaker 4: You have heard this nowhere else.
Speaker 1: What they need to do because Jokich is so abused, and the league won't protect them, the refs won't protect them. What the Nuggets need to do. And I'm dead serious on this. Have you met his brother in the stands? Yeah, okay, if you've been around his brother. For those who have not been around Jokich's brother, he is a specimen. He is one of the largest humans you've ever seen and appears to be tremendously fit and appears to have an edge, let's call it a competitive edge. And they need to sign his brother. And he doesn't come to practices. He just comes to games. He puts on the uniform, he sits on the bench, he gets six fowls to give, and somebody cheap shots Jokich. You put him in the game, you make it clear that isn't going to be tolerated, and then you put him back on the bench. Is there any flaw in that logic? Let's start Nervada. You're on the Dan Kaplas show.
Speaker 9: Well, oh my god, you're making me Joe.
Speaker 4: I'm serious, I'm dead serious.
Speaker 9: No, you know what I want to say one thing.
Speaker 5: I want to say.
Speaker 9: One thing about Jokis brothers. You know what, they harassed probably the coolest guy on the planet. And Jack Nicholson what eighty some years old and their rash.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear about that.
Speaker 9: That was Yeah, that was when when a year or two ago, when when the Nuggets were in LA, well, you know, playing the Lakers.
Speaker 1: But that's the kind of enforcer you need on your bench. That the Nuggets an enforcer.
Speaker 9: Okay, I understand, I understand. Okay, So I'm going to give you that, and then so I have a well, yeah, I'll give you the enforcer part, but please agree that you don't pick on an old man, cool old man like no. So first I was going to tell you, Joe, but you know what, how can you say, Dan that they they're starters and give up the game. I think whoever wins the game tonight will ultimately win the series because it's been back and forth. You don't give up game, Dan, Come on your ear, smarter, Internet.
Speaker 4: My friend.
Speaker 1: I'm serious about what I'm saying the NBA. First of all, I hope I'm wrong on this, Okay. I really do like this team and I like this coach, I like what they're doing, I like where they're headed. But the NBA had that late game Friday followed by an early game Sunday. They have burned this team out. So and I'm I'm a we're a believer in divine intervention, but it will take divine intervention for them to win tonight. What I'm talking about is if you can give them some quality rest and have them rested for the last two games of this series, they could absolutely win this series.
Speaker 9: Okay, can I make two more quick points?
Speaker 1: Sure? Would you be kind enough to hold though, Joe, because we're at the end of a hard break segment and none of us will be here at the end of this break if I don't paw, You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Lines in Fuego text exploding, We'll go back to Joe and Hervetti was completing but hadn't quite made it there.
Speaker 4: Not his fault, Joe, final.
Speaker 9: Thoughts on Okay, final fall. So I have two quick things, give me fifty seconds. Number One, Major League Baseball needs to look at like the NFL model. So like in the NFL, most of the revenue is shared league.
Speaker 2: Why right, brilliant.
Speaker 9: Teams like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Denver can compete with the LAS and the New Yorks you know, of the country.
Speaker 1: So may I respectfully disagree on the second part. I think you're right about the brilliance of the NFL model, right, but it's not necessary in baseball right now because you have so many gazillionaires who don't care how much money they spend. They just want to chase the trophy. They don't care if they lose money every year in the franchise. So you don't need that right now to have the small market teams be competitive.
Speaker 4: I'd still like to see what you want.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, let's hopefully we can get these. Okay, So I got a good it's a clean topical joke. Okay, yeah, okay, So here we go. What do the Rockies, the Avs, the Nuggets, and the Broncos all have in common?
Speaker 4: Dan, I don't know.
Speaker 9: None of them can play baseball.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: I love Joe's calls because he has the family friendly jokes, that Thanksgiving jokes.
Speaker 4: I love that. Paul and Denver, you're on the Dan Caplis show Welcome.
Speaker 5: Then a couple of things as far as being able to follow a team when you're when you're a kid, I know all about it. I grew up in New York as a Mets fan. I was there in sixty nine, but I was actually too young to really appreciate the whole thing. And then out of wait till nineteen eighty six for another A Championship, and I was in England with the Air Force.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he doesn't, but it became a big part of your life.
Speaker 5: Right, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if you don't think money will change the Rockies, look what Steve Cohener's done for the newt Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, clearly it will, right because you can everybody's going to make mistakes, right, but you can afford those mistakes. Okay, I just blew two hundred million on that guy. Well I'll spend three hundred million on the next guy, and it's.
Speaker 4: All right off five million or so, exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: And you know, if Mark four wants to argue your point about public trust, he can pay for the stadium and reimburse the tax payers who you know who dope the stadium for him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, Paul really appreciate the call.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that, and it just brought back fond memories of Jerry mc morris, a prior Rockies owner, just just a great, great guy.
Speaker 4: And again, I like them onforts. I'd love to see them hoist the trophy.
Speaker 1: I'm just living in the real world now, where the reality is that that you got all these gazillionaires, and the ownerships that are the only ownerships that are going to win consistently are going to be those gazillionaire ownerships that can paper over their mistakes by spending another three or four hundred million on a player. And I just think the people of Colorado so devoted to their sports team, so supportive. I just think that there is a not legally, but there's a public trust aspect. And I just want to see the kids who are kids right now see competitive baseball, because there's something special about that football. It's glorious, right, but you got one game a week over the summer. Baseball so over the summer, and a pennant raise, and if you're competitive, that's pretty much the whole season. You know, you're following every game with your mom or your dad or both, which was the case for me. And it's a uniting thing for the family. It's a uniting thing at school, it's a uniting thing in the neighborhood. It's uniting things citywide and statewide. It's a big blanket deal, and Colorado should not be without that. We're too good for that. We shouldn't have to be without that text or Dan. The problem is Coursfield keeps selling tickets. Rockies fans have talked about boycotting, but we still have a lot of transplants that want to see visiting teams. So you'd have to convince people to boycott. That's never going to happen. And I would not want to try to convince people to boycott. We still love going to games. We have our season tickets. You know, the folks in our office, our clients, everybody, they still love the experience. I wouldn't want to try to talk people into not going. I would rather just see the ownership group either spend what it has to spend to be able to compete in the No West, or you know, just be heroes, to just be absolute heroes in this community and sell the team to one of the one hundred gazillionaires lined up for Miles to buy that team. Who who would not need or want, well, they'd want to write who wouldn't but would not need to make money off?
Speaker 4: That's all all.
Speaker 1: Right, the other Texters. To end the show, every pro team should copy and paste the Green Bay Packers?
Speaker 2: Did Kelly text that into herself?
Speaker 1: There we also learned Biden did not recognize George Clooney at that fundraise of that from Alexa Wright. Another thing that was hidden from us, right, And so I hope every Democrat on the ballot in the twenty six and twenty eight cyclone for a long time to come, every one of them, including you know, a Hick and Looper Bennett, the whole rest of them, who were just part of this big lie to the American people on a pretty big thing, right, Yeah, like whether you have a functional president. Yeah, they should be made to pay an electoral price for that. Ryan tremendous job is always behind the glass. And Doug Kelly, you are bottled human sunshine.
Speaker 4: Wherever she went? Where did you go?
Speaker 2: Uber? Oh?
Speaker 4: Uber?
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for being with us.
Speaker 1: Enjoy this glorious evening and we'll get together tomorrow at four h six on the Dan Capla Show.