Speaker 1: It's nice, Boss Radio.
Speaker 2: Jason. We ran up against the clock. My guess is Jason Greenberg, and I am not going to hold him into this hour. I just want to give you, Jason, an opportunity to wrap up your remarks. Those two, those two collegs, just blew me away. I mean, in terms of irrational people. I mean, I'm sure they're good people, but they just see the world really differently. How do you deal with someone like that who wants to deny reality or to rationalize reality.
Speaker 3: Well, I BELI you know it's I've been dealing with it a lot for the past year, most relevantly, and I think all one can do is to approach it, not from emotion, but try to reason with people and try to reach a shared understanding first and try to work from there. I think achieving that you know, that first step of the understanding is probably the most difficult part of it. And and I understand there's a lot of pain on all sides as as concerns this conflict, but I think that you know, some some key facts have been obfuscated or misconstrued and are being touted as as the truth with regard to what happened on October seven first, and how it's rares responded. Second, you know, I think that we're looking at a war without a historical precedent, and I can't find a real corollary where one where one country is fighting against a group that uses the population to shield itself and hides amongst the population, and that's where you have to fight against. It's not like we're not like Israe's fighting a country or a military. They're they're in an organized terrorist group.
Speaker 4: And if.
Speaker 3: You know, for people like me, I have direct eyes to it, you know, I've suffered loss and so many others. And that's a point that's I think really important to make is that you know, the circles that have been affected by this are thousands and thousands, twelve, thirteen and fifty or so people being killed as a results of the October seventh attacks. There are so many others who do have to deal with this just as it is on the other side. But it is it's just a tough situation. But the same thing is true today as October eighth. The war in Gaza would end pretty swiftly if the hostages got released, Israel wouldn't really had too much reason left wouldn't be able to stand that many that much more justification to keep going after Hamas if they let go of the hostages. And what that says to me is that Hamas doesn't care about the Palestinian people.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 3: Let your callers care more about the Palestinian people than Famas ever will they only see them as instruments, as tools, as.
Speaker 5: Useful idiots.
Speaker 3: And that's a real tragedy, is that people are dying, and I don't know how many more people, how many more Palestinians need to die before those fathers and mothers and sons and daughters who have lost their families stand up and say no more.
Speaker 5: We won't be.
Speaker 3: We won't be used by you, we won't be a party to terror, that we won't be caught in the middle of this every time.
Speaker 2: But I think, I think that in defense of the Palestinian people, they're being held captive by people who have some pretty heavy duty military weapons. I don't know that I would have the courage as a Palestinian in Hamas or rather in Gaza, to stand up and say, hey, you guys got to get out of here. I mean, they got elected and I think it was two thousand and six. They haven't had an election since they are ruined by the point of a gun. The only people that's going to take Hamas out is the IDF, and that will eventually free the Palestinian people. I'm looking at adjust a little bit differently. I don't I don't expect the Palestinian people to stand up, but I do expect the Palestinian people to understand that what the IDEF is doing here is totally necessary, not only to keep the State of Israel alive and functioning, but also also to ultimately free the Palestinians of this terrorist group that is using them as human human shields.
Speaker 3: Sure, I actually you know I wanted to if you don't mind just one comming on one other things, and it actually relates to something you discussing a couple of weeks ago, and that was, well, what if you show everybody the horrific footage from that day? What if I show the show the pictures that I'm privy to would that Would that change people's minds? And you know, when when I think that callers like who came or who we spoke to this evening, uh, you know, they represent a large group of people who believe certain things, and honestly, I don't think it would make much difference. Maybe it did, maybe it would have, you know, sixty seventy years ago, I don't believe so today. I think that, you know, and I don't mean to overgeneralize, but in a generation where you know, first person shooter games or you know, the most played video games in the world, seeing gruesome and gruciam death is not People are dissensitized to that already, and I think it would only spark more conspiracy conspiracy theories, which would only serve to muddy the waters in terms of what actually did happen and take the focus off of what happened. But you know, again, for all those people who are crying what Israel is doing, it does confound me to think, where is it? Where in the calculus? Here is the fact that Tomas is still holding these hostages. My cousin is one of these hostages, you know. And if they let the hostages go, they made they made that point. Okay, they were able to penetrate, they were able to take captives. They sent a message if they let them go, this will end very fast. That is that's I don't please argue with that in the next hour. Anybody tell me how that's not going to be true. Israel has taken.
Speaker 2: Jason Miley response to that is, let's assume the hostage they released all the hostages tomorrow, which would be wonderful, Okay, And let's assume that all the hostages that we believe are still alive are still alive. And I'm not sure that's true, but let's just let's assume they're all alive. The numbers who who were taking and not being accounted for, don't you think Amas, if if Israel back off now, Hamas will do it again, Hespala would do it again. This this is I think this is a moment in time when Israel has the ability to to really maybe put these people out of their misery. I mean when I say that has Belah, Hamas and maybe even Iran, I mean you know today they were they were cautioning net and Yahoo not to go after Iran. Look, is it better to go after Iran now before they have a nuclear bomb? But then do we wait until they get a nuclear bomb and then then beg them not to use it?
Speaker 3: Well, obviously we don't want that, but I think that you know, if anybody questions, well, why did you take out a bunch of a couple of thousand psible UH operators, their pagers and their walkie talkies, and why have we done this? You know what? What is Israel really trying to do? If you ask me, You're trying to force Iran into a point where it has to do something overtly on its own because its vassals are no longer available to do it for it. So in some sense we're already heading toward that because you take out the legs and Iran's going to have to do something one way or another. It's not being provoked by Israel. It's simply trying to stop it at the source.
Speaker 2: Right. But what I'm saying, but I'm not sure if we're saying the same thing here, is that I don't want Iran to have a bomb because they.
Speaker 3: Would attach you to what I agree.
Speaker 2: Okay, And this may be a moment in time where they have to take out the leadership of Iran because it's been Look, it's been forty five years if you go back to the Ayatola arriving in Iran, in Iran, and that has worsened the you know, his arrival in Iran basically plunged Iran into darkness, darkness now for forty four years, forty five years, and I don't think it's going to get any better. Jason. I wish you, you know, godspeed and safe travels to Israel. And we're going to continue this conversation. But I'd love to have you come back upon your return, if that would be possible.
Speaker 3: Just reach out to and it's been my my my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Right by, gotcha, Thank you for your courage, Thank you very much. We're going to take a break, Okay, I want to hear from you. You heard two callers last hour who I think we're out of sync with what I think, and I think they're out of sync with my audience. Thinks Tom and Philippines is in the Philippines. He's been holding on. I got Tina and wind socket. Uh. If you're listening to this program and you listen to what Russ and what Tristan had to say and you're not enraged, then you're not thinking. And I think I have an audience that thinks six one seven two ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty is the number triple eight nine nine ten thirty. I'm going to talk about this with or without you between now and midnight. I'd prefer to have your call, whether you agree or disagree. If you're like Russ in Tristan and you want to continue and carry their arguments, let's have at it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you were as appalled as I am that free people as Tristan and Russ seem to be American citizens can look at what happened on October seventh, a year ago today and interpreted it any other way. I'm appalled. Here's the number. There's only one line open, six one seven nine three one, ten thirty. Back right after this.
Speaker 4: Now back to Dan ray Line from the window World.
Speaker 6: Light Side Studios on WBZ the news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the phones. Let me go to Tom and the Philippines. Tom, I appreciate you taking the time to hold through the news here kind of a couple of amazing phone calls that I kind of got. I couldn't believe those callers.
Speaker 1: Go right ahead, Tom, Yeah, Tristan reminds me of what during my college age years. I didn't go to college, however, I had friends that used to take me to Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn lectures and then we'd have roundtable discussions. And that asked me the more on what I thought. I said, Number one, howards In feels guilty that he dropped bombs over Dresden. I'm sorry, but the German people got what they deserved. And as far as I'm concerned, the difference between the Jews over in Israel, the IDF, which also has Arabs and non Jews serving in that army. They stand in front of the citizens of Israel and will take a bullet for them. The cowards, I repeat, the Islamic cowards of Hamas and Hezbollah stand behind men, women and children that are Palestinians. That's the difference between the two. It's not hard to figure out. You don't need a master's degree to figure this out in sociology, okay. And for years the Jews have been trying to put out an olive branch to the Palestinians. Look, we have an ancestry in this land called Israel. It is mentioned in your Holy Book at least two dozen times, written by I don't know if the prophet Mohammed whomever. It's in the Qur'an, the land of Israel, in the Jews and at some point they just have to learn, you know something, we need to love our children more than we hate the Jews. And I think it was Golden myy Air who said that. But no, the IDF, the IDF has to do what has to be done. It is a necessary evil. I hate to say it, but there has to be a winner and a loser in this war. If they don't, it is just going It's just going to be like a wound that just festers and festers, infesters. And what your previous caller said, and you with regards to Iran, god forbid if they ever detonate a nuclear weapon, because they have made it perfectly clear, they will wipe Israel off the face of the earth. And if that is what you wipe, liberal progresses in Greater Boston want be careful what you wish for. Iran's not going to launch a weapon or into our country. They know that suicide, but they certainly will launch it into Israel. No ifs answer butts.
Speaker 2: And for the well. The other to me is that the people who run Iran, you know, after I had Toola Homoni arrived there, it's a theocracy. So all of my progressive liberal friends, and I don't have many at this point. But yeah, they're appalled. They're appalled that in this country there's not an absolute separation of church at state. They're appalled that churches get some sort of a tax break. They're appalled that maybe poor parents might want to send their kids to a charter school that may God forbid, have some sort of a religious veneer to it. But they're not appalled the fact that Iran is a theocracy and is very close, if not already has the ability to produce an atomic bomb. And they're nutjobs who are running that country, who believe that if they were to drop the big one in Israel, even if they got killed, they would be going to Nirvana and the virgins would be awaiting them. I mean, that's what they really believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and Maya Angelou said it best. When somebody tells you who they are, believe them. Yes, she was a very wise woman. And they have made it clear since nineteen seven nine, Death to America, death to Israel. That's not just you know.
Speaker 2: And I canpigt Satan, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, And you know, I'm not stupid. I can differentiate between an Iranian person, Okay, who's come to America that's assimilated. He used to have one of your callers, a guy from Brookline who called him frequently. I can make that determination to realize.
Speaker 2: I know who you're talking about. Juliel used to be a he worked at WBZ and I think you know the story about Jaliel. Julia is a wonderful guy. Uh And he wanted to get his mom out of Tehran and I was able to And he will admit to you that I was able through a political connection to get her out of Iran. She could get to Istanbul, but the embassy in Easton Bull wouldn't let her go further. She got to Boston and he brought his mom to meet me. Who was you know, thanking me and Farcie and holding my hand. And a few months later I said, Julil, how's your mom doing? Said she couldn't take the pace and she went home, which broke my heart. True story true. I swear to God. Jalil was on the front desk at WBZ and he's nonsighted and one day he heard me and he said, Dan, can I ask you a favor? And I've did that. I swear to God. Tom I'm telling you the truth. He will call in and confirm the story. Yeah.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: And you know something like I say, I can you know, I'm not stupid. I can make the difference between the Persians of Iran, which most of them happened to be Islamic by their faith, fair enough, but they're not willing to commit suicide for a religious political objective. But unfortunately, the theocracy in that country absolutely And you know the one thing that really did bother me with President Obama. It's like Israel begged you not to do a deal with them and.
Speaker 2: The money what about the pedal life money that went over that was sent over. Well, we don't have money for people who have lost their homes in North Carolina, but we had money to give to the Molahs in Iran.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing was Biden did the same thing. But the point being is that they freed up Iranian assets. Okay, And in two thousand and nine when they had the Green Revolution going on in Iran, what did Obama do nothing to encourage them overthrowing the government. However, he encouraged to overthrow the government in Libya as well as Egypt. So to me, our roads lead back to Obama and the other thing that I do want to rehash to the Obama.
Speaker 2: Field all Tom, I don't have any time for rehash. We waited a long time. We've done seven but I got the news at the bottom of the hour and all right, here them tonight. Thank you so much for a note of sanity tonight to my calls. We'll see how we do on the other side of the news here at eleven thirty. Thanks Tom, be well, thank you. All right, we'll be back. The only line open is six month seven. It just filled six months seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Write it down. We'll be back on night Side on the other side. I'm going to try to move calls a little bit more quickly. I'm gratified that the lines are full here. If they're not full after what you heard from those two callers in the ten o'clock hour, then I guess you're not listening. Coming back on Nightside, It's.
Speaker 5: Night Side with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Beg you, Dan Watkins. Just's go right to the phones. Tina in Moonsocket, Rhode Island. Tina next first up this half hour on Nightside. Go right ahead, Tina.
Speaker 8: Oh yes, hi, Dan, I turned in late and when I turned in I heard Russ's speaking. Now, the one thing that Ruff said that I agreed with is that only God can establish the nation of Israel. And also the Orthodox Jews also believe that according to the Bible. So how can I say this. I'm looking at it from a spiritual point of view. I think Israel is going to win. But like President Netanyahu said, you know those who are going to come after us, who's gonna come after after them even harder. So even if Israel wins and it's going to destroy everybody so they can have peace, They're not going to have peace because they're not doing it God's way.
Speaker 7: And I want.
Speaker 8: To say, well again, you know it's the word of God and the Jewish Orthodox religion.
Speaker 2: Well if if we if we, if we go by the word of God here in America, that we we can't have any gay or let's being people because the Bible says, you know, men shall not lay down with you know, all of that stuff. Look, yeah, I have my own religious beliefs. I assume you have your own religious beliefs. I don't want to impose my religious beliefs on other people. I might try to say to other people. Gee, this is what I believe in and invite you to you to join me in that point of view. But I don't know what your religion is. Dan.
Speaker 8: I also think that a lot of the world Israel is not a blessing right now to the world. And I think a lot of people realize that what do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: What is meant? Tina?
Speaker 8: So in other words, President Netanyaho is living now his quest his military campaign as if he was in the Old Testament. This is not the Old Testament anymore. This is the New Testament, and people to out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Tina, let me ask you this. Let me ask you this, Tina. Okay, a year ago today, you know what happened.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, I know. I know.
Speaker 2: What should Israel have done in response to what happened a year ago today? In your opinion?
Speaker 8: Well, I think in my opinion, because they were so grievously hurt and they had a great, big open wound, they should have just really stop for more about their battle plan. Because right now, from what I've been seeing and reading, they are acting now out of their pain, and that's why they want to destroy it.
Speaker 2: That's an answer to my question. My question. My question was pretty direct. What should have Israel done? In your opinion? Should have they just said, Hey, it's been a bad day, let's bury our dead by sundown, and let's let's try to reach peace with these people who have just slaughtered us. Is that what you think? I don't think you would think that, But if that's what you think, feel free to tell me.
Speaker 8: Well, I think they should have thought more.
Speaker 2: And so what they thought? We've had a year. I'm asking you what this is a year? What would have you done after you thought? You know? What should have Israel done? Just said, well, this is once again a problem, but maybe we'll go to the United Nations and we'll talk about it. Is that what we should what should have we done? After after nine to eleven said, well, those guys that flew the plane in, you know, they probably don't like us, and they did what they thought was right. Who are we to judge them? They killed a couple, Well, they killed three thousand people, but you know, we're a big country. We have thirty two million people, three hundred and twenty million people here three thousands not alone. What should have we done? What do you do? What do you do with with terrorists? What should have What? Didn't we learn what to do with Hitler? Didn't we learn what to do with with with you know, killers and terrorists.
Speaker 8: Well, the more Israel continues to go on this campaign, they're probably gonna win, but they're even going to cause more gehrtest more Moreno, you don't.
Speaker 2: I get it, Tina. I asked you the question three times. I'm not going to ask it to you again, but think about it. Call me back.
Speaker 8: Answer you get an answer.
Speaker 2: No, what it is? When you do get an answer, give me a call back. Okay, And I'm serious. I respect your point of view. And I asked you a tough question and you didn't. You know when you come up with that answer, you give me a call back. Fair enough?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 7: All right, Yeah, I still love.
Speaker 2: Your calls, Tina. You know that. Thank you much. Okay, let's keep rolling. Sometimes the simplest questions are the best. Let me go very quickly here if I can. As the lines light up, Joe and Lynn, Joe next on, nice, I go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 7: He thank you for seeing my call. I would have I agree with Tom, and I'm shocked at some of these callers, but I can understand. I would retaliate. Israel has a right to retaliate. I mean, there's bad and good and all countries. I don't know how Jay feels, whether he likes America or not he likes Israel, I don't know. We don't hear him anymore. But Israel is doing what you're right.
Speaker 2: I have no idea who Jay is. By the way, I really don't.
Speaker 7: Oh the guy you mentioned, Jelly mooreris already that I said it wrong, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, you know not Jay. I wasn't sure you're referring to. Sorry, let's just stay on topics.
Speaker 7: So well, I think Israel should do what they have to do. They gave all the branches and Tom, who I know is very nice and he's correct. They have to defend him. They should, in my opinion, get those people, get wipe them out, make them stock killing all those people they're having a concert. Dan, you don't do that, and just.
Speaker 2: You know again, thank God, a voice of reason here tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, thank you, Joe, as.
Speaker 2: All talk to you soon. Thank you very much. Let me go to Joe and Belmont. Joe and Belmont, you were next on Knightsiger, Right ahead, Joe and Belmont.
Speaker 9: Dan I want to make a statement. I don't know if it's correct or not, but if it isn't, I want to be admonished. I think that it is better to have a big war in the Middle East than to have a nuclear war. And also I think Israel should take over Palestine and let the Hamas people practice a peaceful Muslim religion. I'd like to hear you and some of your callers' comments on that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, Jujo, Because again I want to get to as many callers as possible, I'll leave that out there as a rhetorical question. I would agree with you that a smaller war is better than a nuclear war. There's no doubt about that, and I think that's what Israel is trying to do. Thank you, Joe. Bye, Dan, be good, my friend. Let me go next to Steven Bridgewater. Steve going to get you in here before the break.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Steve, Yes, Jan I just want to say something very quickly. I want to see what people think of this. The Palestinians over the years have been voting for they first of all, even in the West Bank. I understand if they have their way, they would vote for homage to be to rule them and be their leaders. And it's like the Palestinians, they go and vote for people, but they're using them. It's human shields. It's like, aren't they kind of making their.
Speaker 6: Own bed in?
Speaker 2: You could well again, you know, there's a lot of Palestinians who might have voted for them, and there's hopefully a lot of Palestinians didn't vote for them. But yeah, I think like in our own election, you know, you have an election, whether you're on the winning side or not, you're part of a country, and the country decides we're gonna go this way, we're gonna go that way, and so yeah, we do we as Americans in a real democracy, you make your bed. Okay, Now, you're not gonna win all the time, there's no doubt about that, but you're right. I mean, however, whatever we decide in November, it's a pretty stark choice between the Democrats and the Republicans right now. To be honest with.
Speaker 10: Your right, So that's what I'm saying. They Clio, you know, they're being hurt, they're being killed, but they they have why don't they go and try to find a representative for their people that are pro Israel and want to make peace with Israel. Before it was now it's Tomas, before it was the Palestinian authority. They kicked the enemies of Israel, which chose chose again with their real intention.
Speaker 2: Don Well, okay, let's see what people. Let's see people react to that, Steve. I think it's an interesting perspective and it's a point I had not thought of. But you know, Hamas, I think it was elected. I believe it was in two thousand and six, and I don't know if that was a fair election, but it was elected. But there's been no subsequent election, and so they've had a pretty strong run there and they've died. They've used they've gotten a lot of money from Iran to buy munitions to dig tunnels onto hospitals and schools. Good people we're dealing with here, No, no, all right, Steve, your best, Thank you much, appreciate it. Okay, and you get one more very can I see get one more in here before the break? And to go to Tim and Michigan. Tim, thanks for checking in next on Nightsager.
Speaker 6: Right ahead there, I'm gonna kind of rephrase, uh, some things that people don't fully engage. Perhaps, go ahead and the question. The question is why did Hamas, with knowledge and forethought, engage in an endeavor that was going to wind up destroying Gaza and the people that they live among in Gaza. They knowingly and willingly knowing in advance what was going to happen. It's seeming some kind of suicidal death wish that they were proposing. Well, and I'm talking about I think.
Speaker 11: When you're talking about you know, but I think when you're talking about people who either are in fact terrorists or who would be described with reason terrorists because.
Speaker 2: What they did to a civilian population of grandmothers and grandfathers and young children and parents, the brutality, it was nothing short of terrorism. They are of a different mindset than you and me. They will do whatever they have to do to accomplish whatever goal they think is justified by their ideology or their religion or whatever it is. They do not believe that there's any constraint that they could even during war. You hear the rules of war, you know, when there's two armies fighting each other. Uh, if someone's taken captive as a prisoner of war, they're not assassinated on the spot. They're not supposed to be there. Once they've surrendered, they're a prisoner of war. They're supposed to be treated, you know, other Geneva Cords and all of that, respectfully. But but these people, you know, babies, boom boom, parents, grandparents, and yet I see Americans marching in the streets supporting Hamas.
Speaker 6: Right, supporting an organization that knowingly, with a forethought, reached out and pursued the destruction of the people of Gaza and the destruction of the land of Gaza. That's how I chose to have happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't, they don't care. Hamas is simply to them. To Hamas, the innocent people of Gaza are collateral damage to their their ambition, which is to obliterate Israel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, they can jump in the pool and go to the very bottom and hit the scratch and sniff, you know, and I guess they can just go for it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know that metaphor, but thank you.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what a scratching sniff is, Yeah, I guess. Yeah, Well, if you go to the bottom of a pool, let's have scratching stiff. Are going to be a snort again water and you're gonna drown yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get now, I get now. It's a metaphor. Had to be explained to me. But that's okay, I get it now. Thank you. I've never heard it used anyway.
Speaker 6: And in the year's time since, how much has rained down onto Israel? Nineteen thousand rockets and nineteen thousand.
Speaker 2: Well, and the other night there were eighteen hundred ballistic missiles sent by Iran. Yeah, a country that we gave billions of dollars to. Oh yeah, because because some in our government thought, well, you know, it's better to give them money than than you know that the Iran nuclear deal. What a joke that was that? All three?
Speaker 4: Funny?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's like Neville chamber Chamberlain came back with Hitler after meeting with Hitler. We have peace in our time. We have peace in our time, said Neville him Chamberlain. Yeah, indeed, and end up in World War War two. Yeah, thanks Tim, I appreciate you call. Always good to know you listening out in Michigan. Thank you, my friend. You bet have a good night. All of a sudden, I got a couple of open lines, So here we go six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I got Dave in New York and Pagan pepperl got some room for you. It's been an interesting hour. We've got great calls this last hour, and I'd like to keep it rolling. Please give us a yell. I'll get you in before and now in midnight. You have the numbers. This is this is a matter of life and death. It's also a matter of the survival of the world. Do we want Iran to have a nuclear weapon? Is that a good idea? I don't think so. Back on Nightside after this. Now back to.
Speaker 11: Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios.
Speaker 2: I'm WBZ News Radio. All right, gonna go to peg in Peperl. Peg has been kind of a wild night. Thanks for calling in. How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 2: We got to be quick. I got three other calls. I'm going to get everybody in. Go right ahead. What's your taken? All of this?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 12: I taken all of this? Is?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 12: I don't get to hear the entire show because I don't get out of work until later on. I wanted to call earlier. I was driving and I heard Jonathan. I just wanted to call and tell him how Oh my god, how sorry I am. You know he wants the five people, Jason, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's lost two. He's lost two two cave were released and his cousin is still captive.
Speaker 1: You know, it's horrible.
Speaker 6: It's horrible.
Speaker 1: And the person.
Speaker 12: That you had on as a caller a little while ago, he's a whack job.
Speaker 2: I had two very interesting calls in the end of the ten o'clock.
Speaker 12: I caught one of them. He's a whack job.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm not going to disagree with you, but so, I mean, I try to have reasonable conversations. But the guy before was saying that, well, October seventh was somehow a psy op operation by Israel. You figure that one out.
Speaker 7: That was the whaf job too.
Speaker 2: It's been a rough night, Peg, thanks for calling.
Speaker 12: I will charge you later a Dan, thank you much.
Speaker 2: Good night. Let me go to David in New York. David, you gotta be quick for me. I got two behind you. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just pretty sickening, David, that twelve hundred plus murderers and and people are out there and and and the world is silent it's pretty I mean, it's scary. It's pretty scary.
Speaker 2: The world nineteen thirties. We saw what happened, David. It can't happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it has happen to be the same anniversary as the Achille Achille Largo Lauro, when Leon Klinghoffer was murdered, and the act about eight he was murdered.
Speaker 2: I remember he's thrown over. Thrown over boy though, Yeah, in a wheelchair, in a wheelchair, by the way, in a wheelchair.
Speaker 5: In a wheelchair, that's correct. And and and and it's just sickening to see.
Speaker 1: And you hear the people.
Speaker 5: Talking today, Well, we're ready to wipe wipe them off. You get it, you know, just and it's it's scary, it's very scary, Dad. And and you have a voice of reason and and hopefully the people listen and and and uh.
Speaker 2: David, I can tell you how much I appreciate your calling in. I needed more calls like you. I need calls like you, night after night after night. I have friends of mine who tell me I love your show. I love your show. Do you have a call? No, I don't want to call. I have called you for I know you have to hope you'll continue.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, my pleasure, my honor. Okay, Chris and Brockton, Chris gotta be very tight. I got one more behind you.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Chris, I will be very quick insistent. First things first, I would like to invite every liberal that has a problem with what's going on out there to go and help support Hamas and Hezbola and stand.
Speaker 1: Behind them and let them be.
Speaker 13: Target practice for Israel. Second thing, where is all the help for the people of North Carolina that are dealing with this the aftermath of the hurricane. Usually there's a litany of these celebrities out there, you know, begging people for money and for help.
Speaker 2: The people in North Carolina in the in the eyes of the celebrities, the people in North Carolina are not the beautiful people. Matter of fact, this situation in North Carolina is making the Bush administrations the pathetic Bush Administration's response to Katrina look actually pretty good.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 13: I agree, it's just so disheartening. Lean where's Oprah Winfrey, where's all these other liberals?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hear from herm don't don't hold your breath, don't hold your breath. Chris, I got one more. You made some great points in a minute. I thank you Carl earlier. I'll give you much more.
Speaker 5: Time, okay, no problem, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Then, thank Chris John. I got you in. I crunched everybody else. I can give you thirty seconds, my friend, you're the last caller of the night.
Speaker 4: Thanks and real quick from the calls before. Israel and they had their first temple built there of the year one thousand BC, and the second temple was built in the year fifteen sixteen BC, and the Romans destroyed the temple of the year seventy and Islam didn't show up to the year six hundred. So the Jews have been there for thousands of years. And those were not come up to build mushrooms underneathos in Gaza. They were building those not for trains. There were thousands of rockets.
Speaker 2: Like you said, Dan, no question, no question, John John, you got to call earlier. I'm flat out of time, I truly am. Okay, but you made great points in the forty seconds I gave you, Rob. Thank you. Was a wild night. Want to thank marit to want to thank all the callers, even the people who might be considered by some to be whack jobs. You're always welcome here on Nightside. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's where my pell, Charlie Ray is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's all Your pets are pasted. They loved you, you love them. I do believe you'll see the beginning see again tomorrow night. I'll be on Nightside with Dan Ray in just a moment. Have a great Tuesday, everyone,