Speaker 1: As performers in the adult industry, we get asked all the time about tips on how to perform like a porn star.
Speaker 2: And what says porn star more than a big load?
Speaker 1: Right? Cool? Right? Introducing Popstar, the only doctor formulated men's health supplement that is guaranteed to up your porn star game. This bad boy will make your comtaste pineapple sweet.
Speaker 2: But we're not just talking about taste here. Popstar is also formulated to give you massive loads that make your orgasms feel volcanic.
Speaker 1: Designed by Ivy League trained doctors, Popstar contains only the highest quality ingredients and is backed by scientific research to maximize your bedroom experience even better.
Speaker 2: It's vegan, non GMO, and safe to take every day.
Speaker 1: So why wait? Get your hands on Popstar today.
Speaker 2: Visit Popstar Labs dot com and save twenty percent on your first order with code Sorry twenty Popstar, Big loads, better taste you're listening to. Sorry for asking, Sorry for asking. I'm Cole Connor and I'm Adam Ramsey. This is where we talk, shop, ask questions.
Speaker 1: Tell stories, and laugh some laughs about being creators as well as consumers of adult content.
Speaker 2: We love watching too.
Speaker 1: We certainly do. We also discussed the impact adult films have had on us, on our guests, and on the LGBTQ community.
Speaker 2: So strap on and strap in.
Speaker 1: And here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hi there, oh hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: You just walked in.
Speaker 2: I was at my house maybe twelve minutes ago. I've never driven so fast in my life. Hello co Connor, cole Connor. I'm Adam Ramsey and I'm.
Speaker 1: Lorry for asking. Yeah and that. Yeah, so what happened?
Speaker 2: What happened? Okay, listen, all right, I've got a very big week. As some might remember, I might have made an announcement a couple episodes ago about my big party Axis, which is happening at the time this recording. That is in a couple of days. I have gym class tonight, I have hot talk on Sunday. It's just one of those weeks.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's just one of those weeks. There's a lot happening.
Speaker 1: It's like my week next week is like bonkers to what's bonkers? Like I just have like two studio scenes because for some reason studios like to give me scenes all at once. Yes, which studio say uncle and men? Okay, So like men is fair, that's why. So, yeah, we have it comes into our guests, so we have guessed surprise, No, he.
Speaker 2: Was here before I was, you guys, he was.
Speaker 1: We showed up at the exact same time. But mean, our guest is the man the Legends Reese ride Out finally finally ride out?
Speaker 2: There. How you doing now?
Speaker 1: And we are here in the morning. We're here in the morning, which we usually are not.
Speaker 2: Usually record in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: I kind of like the parking situation and everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, in the morning, I might this is rich coming from the one who's late, But I actually asked him maybe like eleven, maybe like eleven eleven is a good Yeah, we were going to have him next week, but then we had to reschedule to this week because he also he has a scene on Tuesday for men and mine is on Wednesday for men, And yeah, they could have just put us together, but that would have been too convenient for of course, right convenience. What's that? Yeah, so we know we also almost had him a few months ago. Yeah, so I'm really excited to finally have you. I have so many questions. Mister out. I'm here and alive. Awesome, cool, that's great, It's a low bar alive. How are you doing today? Doing wonderful? Yeah? Yeah, I mean it's a late night.
Speaker 3: Last night at hot Rod hosted that and hot Rody and Mickey. Oh cool, how'd that go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Went really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, went great, And I got to bed around three am at eight Look at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll easy when you're sober. You don't have to sleep that much when you're sober.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh huh. Yeah, that's that's cool. It's true. Where do we start?
Speaker 2: I know how there are so many ways we can start this conversation.
Speaker 1: We were supposed to have you on the day after my gang bang my birthday gang bang, yes, which is three months ago now, yes, and we was three months ago. We had a little hiccup.
Speaker 2: Do you want to Oh sure, let's just throw it up jump in. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're supposed to film I think it was June twenty sixth, possibly or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we yeah, we filmed the We filmed the group thing on on June twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: It was after my birthday.
Speaker 1: It wasn't on my birthday.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I guess I'll start it off.
Speaker 3: So my mom and dad first had intercourse and then the sperm went into the egg.
Speaker 1: And it was a lovely April morning and journey, the journey begau on the roses.
Speaker 3: I didn't drink for three months, and I came out on June twenty third, and I was going to the abbey's grand reopening and the big party open bar, and I was like, I'm going to break my sobriety. And then that week just kind of went you know, remember half of it. Yeah, And yeah, it was a it was a tough week drinking. And that's why I'm not drinking now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean when we went, because we went to London and Madrid together, Yeah, in spring twenty three, Yeah, like April, like late April May, and you weren't doing anything then, so like I had never seen I'd never seen this side of you, never seen I hadn't seen this side of you, and like I didn't I didn't know it existed. So like when you came over to my place the night before the gang bang and like we had some drinks and whatever and it was it was fine. The next day I could tell. I was like, you know, we tried to we worked out in my apartment gym, like it just like we got to the hotel later than later than i'd wanted to, and like I could tell you wanted to like keep drinking, and I just was like, I was like, you know what, I really need you to be like the professional that you are. There are gonna be guys that like don't know what they're doing at this thing, and I need you to like stay together. We can do drinks after, like we'll have fun after, but I need you like on your game for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you laid down the law, and you know, I obeyed it until the shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, where's the where's the bottle? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, and then I just kind of noticed it was like, oh, okay, this is different, this is like a little off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Spain in Madrid, I was getting ready for Mark Henderson's photo shoot, so I had something to work towards and you know, not to touch on it much. But after my brother passing, the drinking has became a bigger problem, and so I just go into a deeper hole quicker. And yeah, it's over the years, it's been there. It's just the last two years worse. Getting into stripping and adult films early two thousands and doing tours and clubs, drinking has always kind of been there. There were times I didn't after high school. I just have alcohol and the refrigerator and not touch it. But you know, you get older and life smacksia a few times. But I'm taking this at silver with a front, trying to find the silver lining in this because I was you drop me out of the hotel the twenty sixth. Yeah, And then I went to the Burbank airport on the twenty seventh, polished off a bottle before I went in around noon, and I ended up getting arrested at the Burbank Airport.
Speaker 2: But I was minding my complete own business. So the story goes like this.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting there just drunk, you know, around noon on the phone, and the lady next to me must have I think she overheard I'd do gay porn and she had it out for me. But she goes, let me, let me camp your phone and talk to Is that your wife you're talking to?
Speaker 2: I'm like sure.
Speaker 3: She takes it and she's like, hey, do you know your Husband's like he's like really drunk. Did he take anything or something? And she's like he might have took a sleeping pill. I didn't though I was only drunk, and I was drunk, and she goes, oh, I'm a nurse, I'm a mandatory reporter. I now have to report this because of mixing that with alcohol. So she calls the Burbank Police Department. They come over and just calmly take me out. I felt pretty cool walking through baggage claim with two big cops taking my luggage and then they had to handcuff me out on the but ultimately I got it dropped. I had to pay an attorney hefty fee, but he was going to charge the Burbank Airport Police Department with miscarriage justice because there's really no reason to arrest me. Yeah, I'm in AA now I'm doing better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have you experienced something like that before? Like I think the term is bender? Is that what it was? Was it a bender? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Bender? Yeah, and maybe not to that extent, you know.
Speaker 3: I think that was probably the pinnacle of a bender that I've gone through. Yeah, there's it would usually be like a Friday would supposed to be just Friday, Saturday would turn into Tuesday, but this was like a week. Yeah, and there were yeah, stuff I don't remember. Alexander was telling me, you were out there drinking four locals with the homeless guy. I thought he was cool, he looked like he looked like young gravy. I was trying to build him up, you know, and I bought him beer and stuff.
Speaker 2: And so you just had a week. You had a rough week. I'm happy to see you on the other side of it. How are you feeling about him? You know, actually actually pretty amazing. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The eleventh is my sobriety birthday. So my wife's birthday was on the tenth when I was coming back from LA, and I felt back because you know, she wasn't with me on her b day. So the eleventh, I cleaned up, been doing AA and do it each morning at seven am except Sunday, and yeah, I have a lot clearer head.
Speaker 2: And like you go to a meeting every morning, Yeah, doing in person? Oh zoom meeting.
Speaker 3: I started in person. Yeah, and then it's just easier since my schedules so busy. I'm working like fifteen hour days, you know, chatting and filming and editing.
Speaker 1: Oh so like while you're because you're on this like content trip tour, that's why you're in LA and like Vegas and Palm Springs. Yeah, I like the next what month, Yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Comes out to about a month. I left my house on like the fourteenth. I'll get back on the thirteenth of October, so a whole month. I'm doing twenty films, wow, four podcasts.
Speaker 1: And I guess twenty a month is like it's a lot. Quite one a day.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: Though my first month I did like one a day.
Speaker 2: I mean, and that's a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 1: It was a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you're a bottom.
Speaker 1: But no, but I wasn't just bottoming. Yeah oh yeah, yeah, I was doing it at all. Bottom knew I was fresh, I was hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bottom with the Michael Boston the other day. Yeah you bottom, Yeah, I didn't know you bottom rarely rarely sometimes Okay, well, you know, I appreciate you being super candid about this, but I also do want to give our listeners kind of a bit of a background as well as myself. I want to learn a lot about you because I've seen you over the years. I love what you put out there.
Speaker 2: For those of you who don't know, Reese's has a very funny Internet presence. He's not just about his bicet, his bicets sorry, that was the first time I ever saw you on person, was performing that song on stage at Heart. But I kind of want to get into where you're from, what your background is, what kind of adult films you watched, and what got you into adult films. So tell us a little bit about the creation of Reese.
Speaker 3: Write out sure, sure, Pacific Northwest, actually within a two mile radius. I've never left, oh whereabouts. It's an hour south of Portland, cool little town. What's interesting is my whole family is like, well, Jackie moved away, well just like thirty minutes away, one of my sisters. There's in my family. You got Josh, Jackie, Julie, Jordan, Jared, Jessica and Nick. Okay, I used to be a twin past the birth. Jordan was a twin past the birth too, and then but we currently have there's two sets of twins in the family, Jackie and Julie and Jared and Justine.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Really that's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you couldn't do that nowadays.
Speaker 3: It's hard to take care of yourself with just food rent stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indeed, I mean, god, your mom must have gone through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I remember when you have the twins, you know, like one on each side and right and other kids holding on to her crossing the street.
Speaker 1: It just looks like a hazard nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what was it like growing up in that household?
Speaker 3: There was never a second alone, Okay, there's always somebody there, no matter what time a day or When I was two years old, we moved to the road I live on now, just for a couple of years, and I moved back there after being with Randy Blue when I got a house in seven and then we moved a Sunnyside Road where I was going to be Ryan's Sunnyside was gonna be my adult name, but.
Speaker 1: The middle name in the street you live on.
Speaker 3: But yeah, complex we lived in it's just this big circle and is lower income housing. And I was there from four to like fourteen ten years. Everybody had families because that was one of the requirements a certain income and that you had families. It wasn't just single people or elderly there. And they had a playground in the middle of it, and we just summertimes, you'd just be bright and early, wake up and just go out and play. You just have interactions with hundreds of kids every day. It is wild, really interesting, fun experience and just always something to do.
Speaker 1: Where do you fall in line of the kids, like age.
Speaker 2: Second oldest, second oldest, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And you had an older brother, Josh's older brother, he's still around.
Speaker 1: What was your first experience with porn like consuming it?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, that would have been in the complex. There were always playgirl magazines around. We'd find them just either dumpster dive and we'd find them at once a year they'd bring a giant dumpster for people to get rid of furniture or whatever it may be that just clutter their houses, and we'd all go in there just it just so magical inside there, find the best stuff and especially the play voice and then we'd take them either in the bush and you know, dry hump the fuck out of them at that place too. Someone showed me with a sander what it can vibrate and cause, m yeah sounds dangerous. Yeah, just an oscillating vibrating.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: And that started my addiction to orgasmine. Oh yes, it's one of my favorite things to do for sure. First of all, how do you identify it? If I may ask?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Bisexual? Bisexual? Okay, cool, nice, and did you know that that's what you were early on or is that something you had to kind of come into Well I was thinking about that earlier today too.
Speaker 3: It's always a question that comes up, and I've had different answers, and it's kind of changed over the years and maybe progressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think. I mean even when we were in Europe, you were like, yeah, Nick is straight, but Rees is gay.
Speaker 2: That's always been true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Reese is more gay than Nick. But like there's been times when I was younger, maybe a high school friend, I've wanted to ask can I fuck you in ass?
Speaker 2: You know, but just didn't and then didn't get around to it. Yeah, then it didn't come up. I told him like a decade later.
Speaker 3: And then and he brought it up one night when we're out at the at the local speakeasy, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, no, I didn't. He was like, you remember that time you asked to fuck me in the ass.
Speaker 1: Something like I want to. He was like, I want to let you who knows?
Speaker 3: You know, when you're that hard on it, whatever age we were, you put it in anything, and I have put it in anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of my great experiments was to to fuck corn starch and water. It's a science experiment. You mix it and if you push your finger it goes in.
Speaker 2: If it's slow, make a.
Speaker 1: Like a like a create your own willy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's alginate.
Speaker 1: You have one of those in my closet and I have not done that because I don't my pubes. You have to shave your pubes.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what you're talking about. The clone wheeler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you can make a dildo out of your own deck.
Speaker 2: Oh you've got to do it, I know, But I have to say my view, do you have to?
Speaker 1: I think it's probably a lot easier.
Speaker 2: To get it going. Get a mold and just start selling cold Connor dildos. Why not? It's col Connor Cox cold Connor cocksh that's good. Alliteration is sexy c c C. All right, But go on what we were where we were talking about his experience being a bisexual young man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I think you know everybody has little something in them. You know that Kinsey scale there is. You can't say you have your one one or the other, and a lot of those factors, I believe, as we know society, that kind of puts that pressure. It makes you feel shameful or guiltful that you're not showing your true self. And besides society and religion, I think another thing that comes into factor I've been noticing over the past ten fifteen years and I'm seeing more so now, is now that the stigma of HIV and AIDS has been diminished due to medic medications and knowledge about it and people being undetectable and not less likely to catch it from them from someone who who who doesn't think they have it. But that that too was instilled through the media and people's minds that you're going.
Speaker 2: To die right if you have gay sex, if you have gay sex.
Speaker 3: That's why I think, you know, if mister took me on and I could bridge that gap between the gay and the straight and show that if everybody straight men, wives, was on PREP, they might have a little more gay sex, right because that's not stuck back there.
Speaker 2: I might die. You're gonna die, right, you know.
Speaker 3: So that that has helped me also transition into it's it's more of a you know, natural thing to do and it's just pleasure between each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like for women it's like cool to hook up with the girl in college.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, especially in our in our age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like never a dangerous thing for like two girls to have sex.
Speaker 2: There was experimental and funa and yeah, but that was not like it was not viewed that way for men.
Speaker 3: Well, I remember the first time I had male com on me other than my own When was that?
Speaker 2: Tell us that story? I want to hear that.
Speaker 1: The first one.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can share the story, but we'll just say there was a penis. I remember the com coming out and I was just like it was afraid to get it near me. But that's obviously changed due to in part what I've just mentioned, right, So people I believe still have that deeply in them.
Speaker 2: So then when did you start being in adult films? When did that journey begin?
Speaker 3: I was doing a bodybuilding show in Washington State around what year would this be? I was twenty okay, I'm forty one now, okay, yeah, it was like two thousand and like three, I think it was three, And there was a scout there who's alsoographer, and then he somehow got my name from seeing me on stage. I was still living at my parents' house and I got a phone call. He called me up and said he did Playgirl magazine and that was like, you know, everybody knows that it's a resshold name. Yes, So I was like, yeah, he got me down. I started out with photos, body, solo solo videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is Ron Lloyd really great photographer? He shot on film, so when I shot about twenty one is I think when I finally got out to the end of Washington where he was, they didn't come out for a bit because they had to develop them, and then it finally gotten the magazine's mandate to Torso freshman Hancho. He didn't get me on Playgirl. I did eventually get on the cover with Greg Wiener. That was like eighth nine.
Speaker 2: For you as Reese ride Out at that point, was that name in use or not yet? Yeah? It was Reese ride Out.
Speaker 3: Ron's actually the one that helped come up with Reese ride Out. He had an old classmate the last name was right out and he must have had a crush or just loved the name. And then we rolled with a first name that also started with R because that's always good for an adult.
Speaker 2: Alliteration comes back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, it's memorable and memorable what's alliteration when when.
Speaker 3: Cole I'm picking it up, picking up the literation. Okay, I don't think I've heard that term before. When literally fucking it.
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 2: Right, So you were on the cover of Playgirl with Greg Wiener. I'm definitely gonna look that up see if I can find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a college edition and we went out to New Mexico to shoot it. I thought that was going to be my break because the whole reason I kind of I got into the industry in the beginning was to get down to La. This poor kid that wanted to go down to La meet people to get in the acting world because my brother got a VHS camera when I was twelve and we'd always film movies over the summer, and that's just always what I've wanted to do.
Speaker 2: So it got me there.
Speaker 3: Steven Spielberg, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Super eight.
Speaker 2: I'm trying. I got the VHS.
Speaker 3: I need to go through them, but they were sitting outside in my parents' house. But got down and met a lot of people, and I know it's hindered my abilities in that in that realm over the years. Yet I do have a great group of people in where I live the directors, producers, actors, actresses, writers. So we're working on stuff. So we don't need Hollywood to say you can't come in and play with us, because we want to play with you behind closed doors, but.
Speaker 2: Not now in the public. Gotcha. So when did you have gay butt sex on camera for the first time? It was.
Speaker 1: The first time was the first time you did it on camera? The first actual time that you did it?
Speaker 2: It was yeah, yeah, yeah, because it was not that be crazy. So you know, obviously we have we have a variety of guests on this show, mostly they're gay performers. So I think I would love to listen and I think our listeners would love to listen to what that process was like to make that decision as somebody who was maybe bisexual, maybe hetero flexible. What made you think I'm not going to get into straight porn, I'm going to have sex with men on camera. We're gonna take this dive because.
Speaker 1: At the time you identified as a straight man? Yeah, yeah, yeah, what what makes us straight led to that decision?
Speaker 2: Make that decision?
Speaker 3: Yeah, magazines once they came out studios, you know, saw the saw circulating and then they're reaching out and getting a hold of me anyway they could. I went out to d C to do I flew up by myself with mighty men and so I as technically the first time I was with the guy, but not sex. They just sucking, sucking each other off. Flying back, I felt so so shameful coming back on the airplane. I made my fifteen hundred bucks, but I.
Speaker 2: Just I don't know.
Speaker 3: Then I got a phone call from Randy at Randy Blue. This is around five after they saw magazines, and I was also on the phone with a recruiter from Davan corbyin Fisher. Dino was one of the recruiters during the time, and I was back and forth that week, but I just had a really good feeling form from Randy. With Randy Blue, I went with them, went down and so you first, this is how you start out. You you do a j O and then that's jerk off for the moms, a jerk off, and then somebody sucks you. Then you get sucked, Then you put a toy up your butt, then you fuck a guy, then you get fucked. It's down the slippery slope. So is a progression, and then the money, would you know, gradually.
Speaker 1: Go up and the fuckings all with condoms.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now like it's like like we were saying in one of our recent episodes about the straight guys that do only fans, Like it's like a strategy. And then like the last thing is bareback.
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay, how did you like, were you enjoying it or were you like, was it just work? It felt good?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I'm really good with imagining what I want in my brain. So that's and you got to be when you're doing adult films because there's so much stuff going on, and there's times where it's something there may not be chemistry right to the you know degree, So you got to pull it from somewhere and I can just throw myself like I'm not even there. I'll look like I'm there, but I'm somewhere else.
Speaker 2: That's what makes you a good performer. I mean no, Yeah, we talk about this a lot, where like we kind of have these mental places that we go in order to make ourselves look like we are super into it. Obviously, like whether there's chemistry or not, it's still a lot of pressure to orgasm on camera. Yes, so all the last ones.
Speaker 1: And everybody wants to go home.
Speaker 2: And I've Also, I've also noticed, I don't know if you've noticed, a lot of studios lately have been a lot less pressuring people to finish, whereas before it was like if you don't finish paid, you don't get at least the full amount for sure. They call it a money shop for a reason for real.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting, yeah, because now that's so probably that like it's abusive, I.
Speaker 2: Mean yeah, but at the same time, like I don't know if maybe it's because I've been around longer than a lot of people who are consuming poor now these days, but like I want to see you come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing, Like.
Speaker 2: It's the hottest part in my opinion.
Speaker 1: But we know that like taking something away if someone doesn't doesn't help the process.
Speaker 2: That is definitely true. There's a lot of pressure, I think, but like I think a lot of times that's why some people were were like the champions of the industry in terms of like being hired a lot because they were able to get hard, they were able to fuck, they were able to be present and ultimately to finish.
Speaker 1: I definitely would not want to work again with somebody if it took them a long, long, long time.
Speaker 2: Totally Yeah, was finishing ever an issue for you? I was the best at it.
Speaker 3: Ay, I love that, and you're right, you know, that's you know, showing up, getting along, working as a team. And then I would just wait for the other person, you know, and just because back in the day, we we'd just pull, we'd come by jacking off on each other's chest or abs. Now now I've worked to the point where you know, I I just all come out of your your butt or your pie or.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then and then you show it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, so I would just edge and just wait for him. So I'd be the one waiting, and I was kind of back in the Randy Blue days. I was the one would break in the young straight eyes.
Speaker 2: Like, this is Reese. He's straight, he's cool, he does this stuff. Yeah, I'm cool. I fuck guys on the ass brow.
Speaker 1: There's nothing gay about it, dude. It's acting. Man, you're an you want to be an actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So tell us about what it's like having a straight relationship slash marriage while gape horn is the bulk of your income, if not all of it. Yeah, Yeah, how's that going? I've been how that even start? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We got together about twenty one years ago. Oh wow, so like when you started just before, So she's whoa whole ride?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: So yeah, she's she's I just got off the phone with this person. Should I do this? Should I do that? Telling her it can get me down, get me and to know a lot of people, which it has. Yeah, so she's been there from the very beginning. She was completely okay with the really easily okay with the gay straight. She didn't want me to do oh really? Yeah, so I was actually by the plot thickens.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and would you have if she was not okay with it?
Speaker 3: I did in five do some without her knowing, because you know, it's my job and I needed money and PC and yes.
Speaker 1: Right kind is to find out though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, I'm fascinated by this. So she knew obviously that this is a career direction that you were taking, but in order to preserve the integrity of your relationship, she was like, I only want you fucking boys on camera. Yeah, yeah, that is very interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was you know, at the beginning, it was just don't talk about it when I come back, or maybe she wouldn't want to have sex that night I flew in, but now it's completely progressed. Once she went to like the av Inn and the Gay Vienne and she saw the glitz and the glamour and the appreciation that US actors get from what we did the past year, and it's like the oscars of porn. She's like, Wow, this is a legitimate business. And then now she can dress up and pick outfits and come with me, and now she's okay with the straight matter of fact, she was just on the team VP's production house in Arizona, helping out with cooking and cleaning and doing behind the scenes videos or interviews, and there's just fucking going on left and right. They filmed like thirty films in that weekend, so it was really interesting to see Becky there and she was she was also talking to the girls for me because I'm busy, I might be helping film and she's like, hey, you want to film with my husband?
Speaker 2: And she was setting it off.
Speaker 1: She's honest.
Speaker 2: She's evolved, dude. Yeah, I mean that's awesome. Like the state of relationships I think have changed so much in the last twenty years too. I can see how, like you know, we evolve a little bit. There's a little less pressure. Does she have a career of her owner? Do you guys work together on like the business of Reese write out? We work together? Okay? Yeah, so she helps out. She scheduled this whole trip for me. Wow, the whole She's like, she's like your pimp kind of Yeah, she sounds awesome. Pimp.
Speaker 3: We have this little joke for her, you know, you know, because even if you're a director or something, you give yourself a fake name. H yeah, a pseudonym. Yeah, pseudonym.
Speaker 2: Pseudonym. Do you like that one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So her middle name, and then she sees more Dix than me, Sue Dix.
Speaker 2: Does she get some passes considering that you're fucking all over the place on camera? Does she get some fine Dix elsewhere without you know, divulging too much? Sure? Yes, I guess that's a personal question. I apologize well, I mean, on my behalf.
Speaker 3: You know, I wouldn't it doesn't I wouldn't blink an eye. But yeah, there's been a time where a friend of thirty five years wanted to play and I brought that up to her and think it maybe it'd flatter her, but it went the other way. Interesting, and there were a wanted to play with her, play with you, oh all of us?
Speaker 2: Oh gotcha?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, he's uh, he's married himself and he's in that lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah it was a swinging yeah yes, swing, yeah, yes, swing. But that's who she is. She doesn't play around. She did say those where's the dildo? Because I'm gone for a month?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that, you know, I think that. Honestly, that's super evolved. We talk about this on his podcast all the time, what it's like to be in the adult industry and date people who are not necessarily participants of the adult industry, at least as performers, and it can cause a lot of problems because a lot of times they all think like, well, if you're getting all this action, whether it's on or off camera, why shouldn't I, Or like, I'm a little jealous that I.
Speaker 1: Don't feel neglected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all kinds of yeah, all kinds of things. So if she's able to just be like, you know what, that's your life, this is my life, and how I participate in your life, it's pretty cool. It is. I'm super lucky. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: We were facetiming a lot during that During the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I want to know about biceps. Is that just is do you have like a music portion of your career or is that just kind of one track you just touring around.
Speaker 3: It's always been it's always been something I've I've I mean, ever since I was in like elementary school, There'd be some sort of entertainment thing I wanted to do, like a magician or comedian. Or my grandpa did the accordion and piano and organ at his house, and so I did guitar, got my brother into brothers. We'd do guitar and he was really good at drums and so many instruments. Singing. My mom does some singing. That kind of gave me some courage. Did a year and a half of lessons. Even though I'm still I am in a musical coming up in March in Portland. I play he Man again again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, humble brag, backdoor bragging. Oh, they just hire me on these musicals to play muscly superheroes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my hair blonde for the first I'll do a wig this time. It was too hard keeping my hair blonde herd orange. But the bicep song actually was I hit someone up on fiver and said, I want to beat the sounds eighties rapish you send me a.
Speaker 2: Beat I got, I got some hooks in my head. I want to lay down.
Speaker 3: And then one drunk night with my SM seven B sure microphone, same one, Michael Jackson recorded thriller Around. I busted it out in five minutes and then I sent it off to We Dope, their sounding engineers here in LA And that was like three years ago. But funny enough, they a week ago they hit me up and they're like, hey, we never did the splits on that song, Like, well, no, what's the splits? The split So it's a percentage that they composers, collaborators get even though they just did the mixing and masterin Yeah. But I was like, I'll give it to you guys because they can put in their catalog and potentially have productions use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I'm like, yeah, here's your twenty five percent. Nice.
Speaker 3: It's only made one hundred bucks and over the last three years, but I probably one hundred and fifty on marketing right right.
Speaker 2: It made for a great stage show, I'll tell you that. Thank you, And that was on a night I think that was an award show right, and you won like a life shot oh, the Fleshbot Awards, and you won like a Life Achievement Award, the Legacy one, the Legacy Award. Yeah, that's fucking cool. It's really cool. Yeah, it felt good. I mean, having longevity in this industry, I mean I've I've been doing it eleven years and I'm kind of like shocked I'm still around, even in some capacity.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, and so like I see why you're still around. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I see all around.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't want you to extrapolate, but I want you to extrapolate. No, pressure's extrapolate, alliteration, pseudonym, extrapolate, to keep going. What's that from the word of the day screaming? I don't know what a yeah, yeah, that was a little home alone.
Speaker 1: It was a little but you need your you need the hands up on your face to.
Speaker 2: Tev's Playhouse or is every time out yeaheah.
Speaker 3: I used to watch Yeah, I won Peewee for Halloween contest.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know we're aging ourselves. I don't care. Whatever care early Tim Burton ship, I've seen a couple of interviews of you as well, and we had mentioned that we were on one of our Instagram posts that we were excited to have you on a guest and we had a couple of people comment like do you get a lot of flack for being bisexual or even hetero flexible or straight leaning and having this kind of position in the gay adult industry? Like do people give you ship for that?
Speaker 1: Now I remember the comment. It was like, it was like, oh, I hope not, like keep your keep your podcast gay, don't have straight people on it?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I mean and we have before, Yeah, we had Adam Kobatsky, Like we like hearing a variety of perspectives, but I just wanted to hear your perspective if it if it's sometimes it's difficult taking ship from people who are pureists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's happened more recently. You know, back in the day, the gay for pay was was that's it was touted and it was a term for marketing. Sure, but I think when when you when you say something like you know, don't have them on they're not gay enough, it makes that that straight man that's thinking about coming out, you know.
Speaker 2: Curl up good point.
Speaker 3: Then then you're going to be demonized. That's what it feels like it and that's you know, that's that's not a good feeling, and you should look at me. Is that bridge between the gap to get you through the over the moat to the castle, to the glory land.
Speaker 1: To the glory hole.
Speaker 3: But because I you know, I can, I can slip in both worlds in terms of gay and straight and buy and you know, I do it all FtM, you know, MTF, trans and I'm very fluid in that, in that aspect. And so it's like, I like to consider myself an ally for I'd stand up for anybody that is on on that rainbow of one side to the other. And I'm just waiting for the day for me to have to protect one of my gay friends out in the real world. You know, I'm always I'm hyper vigilant on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be that hero. You know, I've been saying this for years, for at least for recent years, that fluid is the future. And I think that I think fluids started with bisexual. I think that, you know, the binary is becoming more of a spectrum. And I think that it's really cool that you have been a voice in that for this long and that that voice has kind of evolved, and it's nice to hear that you also work with like trans people and like that's some admirable thank you. Yeah. Yeah, So i' me into those comments.
Speaker 3: You gotta, you know, just take them with a grain of salt, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get them if I even like if I like something on Twitter that is a straight video or like say something like people ask if I A'm gonna do a straight scene and I'm like, yeah, I don't know, I could, Yeah, why not? I don't know a lot of you are, and I am I'm I'm like, I don't know a lot of girls in the industry, but I'm like, I'm open to it. So if it gets set up, it gets set up. But I'm not going to like really, if it's easy to set up, I'll do it. Yeah, but sometimes it can be a little challenging, especially not knowing that many women that want to shoot with well.
Speaker 2: I think that that purest perspective is is dated. I think it's kind of a thing of the past, and I like, you know, performers like Derek Cage, who is like, you know, he considers himself gay, but he also has just such a curiosity for all things sexual yeah. So he's like he like, is curious about working with women, so he's going to ye and every time people give him sit for it, he's kind of like, I don't give a fuck. Yeah, I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for me, like yeah, And if he loses.
Speaker 1: Those fans, then I guess I'll have to take that attitude with me when I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, it clearly if you have a curiosity to work with women, follow that I do. Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have something on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's filming his first straight threesome.
Speaker 1: Well, it's I guess by threesome, I mean, I guess here's the thing straight enough. I think I think it's straight. I think it's straight. MMF is hotter to me than a by m ms.
Speaker 2: Well, because essentially what you're doing is you're filming something that you consume on your own. I know you've been saying this for years, that you love and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope I do a good job. Another thing is like I get more stressed out about the idea of filming with a woman. I'm like, I don't want to bore her. I'm like with a guy, I know I'm like gonna have Like, he's gonna have a good time. But I'm pretty confident about that. But yeah, with a woman, I'm like, I don't want her to be like, who is this gay guy fucking me?
Speaker 2: Well you'll find out. I can't wait to talk about it on this podcast. They're gonna love it, yeah, Connor Cocks. Yeah. So bringing it back around to sobriety, obviously, you know when you're on stage winning legacy awards and performing for your gay fans, people are probably throwing substances at you all the time. I'm sure this is something you have to kind of you've been having to deal with for a long time. Have you been in and out of sobriety over the years or is this the first time that you're like committing to that title sober?
Speaker 3: Been in and out you have? I saw where it can take you. You know, it's it's either a slow death or a fast death. How it is with alcohol.
Speaker 1: Can you talk about like what you saw, oh, like in terms of like why it affects you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You mean you mean I like who yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh with my brother yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, there was it was Halloween a couple of years ago and.
Speaker 2: We helped him move.
Speaker 3: Took him ten ten fifteen days, so many truckloads. He was really stressed out moving with his girlfriend. And then my younger brother Jared was living with me and he was just on the phone a lot with him the last week and tonight he was Jordan's acting. He's talking to me in like six seven different voices.
Speaker 2: What's going on? You know? And then I.
Speaker 3: Kind of I kind of like picked up what was going on.
Speaker 2: So then I was like, we got to get over there. He's across town.
Speaker 3: And then I beg he had to go to the bathroom, which took a few minutes, and then we were driving over as fast as we can. And then, uh, I'm calling my dad, Hey, should I call the police? It's something something's not right here. He's not answering his phone and stuff. But my dad didn't want us to call the police, you know, so we just kept driving. And then Julie was with my dad and she had to stop and get alcohol. Took a few minutes at the store. So so many things that took a few minutes in one being alcohol. And then we get he wouldn't answer the doors, you know, candy out and on the porch and we walk around back and the back door is open. And then my brother Jared was with me. We're the first ones there. And then he said, there he is, and I turned around. He's just in the grass. So we immediately like run over to him.
Speaker 2: And I'm so sorry. It's just tried to plug the hole. There's just nothing there.
Speaker 3: And paramedics come in there just there's nothing they can do. And I was just why can't you, why can't you just try to shock him or something?
Speaker 2: And my dad he was, he was There's a lot of.
Speaker 3: The family members, my mom and Josh weren't there, but or Jackie. But we all rushed over there and just found just minutes late, too late. And then my dad he found his brother back in like seventy three or something, so I could see his face, you know, just saying Jeordie, you know Jordi. And it's just been a different world since then.
Speaker 2: And this was I mean, you don't have to get into too many details if you don't want to, but this was alcohol related.
Speaker 3: It had a large portion of it, okay, because it can make your life a mess. He was not completing his work anytime I saw and he helped me build the set for our movie set and he was doing construction and stuff, so that's good he was able to help me build that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, alcohol.
Speaker 3: We got there and on the table was just a handle or whatever, half gallon or gollon, and I didn't I wasn't drinking that Halloween, and I wish we would ask him to go out.
Speaker 2: He loved the Halloween.
Speaker 3: He was wearing a Yoshi Mario Kart costume.
Speaker 2: Well, now here you are sober three months? Yeah, congratulations, thanks, Yeah, that's something they'd be proud of him. Yeah. Yeah, we were really worried about you. We had that interview scheduled and we were really excited and then he told me what was going on, and it was just such a scary thing. So I'm really happy to hear that you've pulled out of it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and thanks for having me on let me talk about it. That's the first time I've actually played it out in two years. It's been too hard to I really appreciate you being open and candid. Yeah, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we like in Europe. You kind of you started to tell me. I could tell you weren't ready to like talk about it. All the way and I didn't know you as well then, so it's been like, thank you for sharing that with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and definitely know mental health, you know, donate and look out for people, and you got to get out.
Speaker 2: There and there's always something extra you can do. And there's also the nine eight eight hotline if anybody needs to talk to somebody. Derek brought that to our attention because Derek has also dealt with some difficult times. But let's bring it up. Let's wrap up the suffering. He's doing well, he's doing he's looking fantastic and La not me yet, but we'll see if we can remedy that. But before we wrap it up, what is next for Reese? Ride out? You're you're on this tour. What are you excited about? How? Let's this out on a positive note?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, fucking a lot of holes the best and doing a lot.
Speaker 1: What a hard right.
Speaker 3: They're all ninety eight point six degrees hopefully oh god, so yes, podcasts hosting some events, birthday parties.
Speaker 2: This will be after the fact, but coming up on twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, movie independent Films coming out doing film and one in moab Utah in November Crystal is still on the editing. It's hour and forty minutes. We're gonna trim a little fat, bring it down to ninety, get it colorized, get that out. You can see that at Nick Dent dot com. A real real name. The trailer and we're doing Killer clown Girls. You'll be able to see that. The musical coming up.
Speaker 2: You're fucking killing it. Man, You've got so much going on. It's so impressive. Thank you. Yeah, I try. Good thing you got. I know, right, Jesus, good thing you got. Maybe I need a Becky of my own. That's like, we all need some type a straight girl to just keep our shit in mind. Yeah, she does a great job. Well, that's awesome. Thank you so much for joining us today, Reese and getting into all all sides of what you've been through. Really appreciate it. Yeah, thank you for having me. It's good to see you. It's good to have you here. Thank you, Adam, Yeah, thank you so much. Yeah, and thank you all for listening. Powering through season three. I can't believe we're close to an end here. I know that was nineteen nineteen. Yeah, it's got a few left and then it's the holidays. Well, Thank you guys, Thank you Cole, Thank you guys for being patient with me being all late. Thank you Reese for joining us. Thank you Tony, Yeah, thank you to I'm Adam.
Speaker 1: Ramsey, I'm Cole Connor.
Speaker 2: It's been sorry for asking.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. This has been sorry for asking.
Speaker 2: Be sure to like, comment and subscribe, and until next time, stay sexy perfected. You know it