Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and in the studio today we have Joony Virch and Richer birch Riker coming back for another bite at the Apple here. It was just a couple of weeks ago we had in here with the Harry Potter UH presentation, and now we've got another presentation or two or three that we're going to talk about at Bartosville High School.
Speaker 2: Joey doing, I'm doing good. Good morning, good morning, Ricker.
Speaker 1: How about you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, right, ready to go. That's good.
Speaker 1: Now I understand that we have a nice little play coming up here. It's an intimate setting. It's what's it called the shadow Box.
Speaker 3: It's called the black Box, and it's the actor's.
Speaker 1: Nightmare, the actor's nightmare. This kind of sounds interesting.
Speaker 2: It is. It's a it's an interesting premise.
Speaker 4: It's it's about a guy who's accountant that gets mistaken for an understudy, that shows up to playtime and everybody thinks he's supposed to go on and oh, you know the lines, though the blocking know what he's supposed to do, and it's so while nightmare sounds like a horror, it's a it's a comedy.
Speaker 2: It'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I think you know something, Micer, This sounds like this would be an absolute ball for everybody but that guy. Yeah, this is something else. This is really kind of neat. And what will you be doing in this? So you're gonna be doing something a little different than you've done in the past. You played the st of Harry Potter just a few weeks ago, and now what do you got?
Speaker 3: So I am the assistant to the assistant director. So I'm there to soak up information and help wherever I can.
Speaker 1: Like a sponge yep, there you go.
Speaker 2: In fact, they call it sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh they do you earn so fast? Oh my goodness. And what is the date for this?
Speaker 4: So this is going to be November twenty first and twenty third, a Thursday and a Saturday, at seven o'clock. And and this is one if you're interested in it, tickets are going to go fast. But this is a small it's actually the theater classroom. They have curtains that go all the way around it, and so it turns it into a literal black box. And so it's it's small and intimate, so there is limited seating. But tickets are five dollars for students, ten dollars for adults. And you can get your tickets from let's see Amy Rust at.
Speaker 2: The school during during school hours.
Speaker 4: That's that's the main secretaryat the at the I think at the Freshman Center, isn't it the Freshman Fine Arts at the five Arts Center. Or you can email miss Roddy. She's the director and the teacher and she doesn't sleep. That's nice. But her her email is Roddy r O D D y A J at bpshok dot org.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we can get those in advance, and of course that we can get to rocketed roll And now you probably won't get them.
Speaker 4: At the door because they probably will be sold out. My best get him in advanced. Yes, you do want to reserve ahead of time. I mean that's basically for a for a will call you when you email her, but you'll have your tickets at the door.
Speaker 2: You can pay at the door. Okay. Options are good.
Speaker 4: Once you once you've sent your once you've sent your email in and kind of reserved your spot and got confirmation. But uh, but again those those black boxes are really fun because you're kind of right close up with the actors. You know, they've had they've had times in the past where actors have gone out into the interact with the audience or or or they did they did singing numbers last year, they did a radio play the year before, So lots of fun stuff with that.
Speaker 2: And you've been in a couple of those two.
Speaker 1: Now, Riker, I got to ask you, you know, you've been so much on the stage here the last year in it, or so at BHS. Now going kind of behind the scenes, Now, what kind of what kind of a mindset do you have going into this? Do you have to kind of prepare for it in a different way?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm kind of like normally when I act, I like focus on like I'm gonna be on stage, but like here, I'm kind of like I'm kind of just helping out with the actors with the stuff that's going on. So I really don't have to have the same mindset because I'm not I'm not preparing I'm preparing them for the show.
Speaker 2: I'm not preparing.
Speaker 1: So now with this, this might help you as you go back on the stage really kind of understanding what everything, how it all comes together. This gives you a pretty good picture of the complete product.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might be nicer to the director.
Speaker 1: Come on, we've got a couple of things going on, understood. We've got a fundraiser coming up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm wearing a couple different hats because you know, I'm just a fan of all these kids and who is they do?
Speaker 2: I know, because they do such great things they do.
Speaker 4: So you're a fan too, Yeah, I see you to all the performances, but not only you know, not only with the theater department, but also the choir department, and I'm on the boosters there. And we have a fundraiser that's coming up that's going to help support the musical in the spring, which I can we can talk about as well. But this is Bingo Night and it's going to be Saturday, November sixteenth, so it's it's coming up pretty quick at the Eagles Lodge. And so they are, you know, downtown. They've donated the space and the time and their expertise to be able to do this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they can do it great. They know what's going on when it comes to bingo. But they.
Speaker 4: So they've also offered to do this. The tickets pre sale are fifteen dollars. They're twenty dollars at the door, and that gets you a pack of ten games. So all ten games are included, the main games. And it's not just ten tickets. It's like a page of tickets, you know, a page of page of bingo cards. I have trouble keeping up every time I go there. It's like you b nine and it's you know, all over the place. So so fifteen dollars will get you the evening's entertainment. They do some extra games and you can pay for you know, mini games while you're there. Those are a dollar pop. But those are just pay as you go and as you want to. Sometimes you rest between games while they do a little minigame. They're having a spaghetti dinner beforehand for.
Speaker 2: We got a carb up on that. Yeah, at car loading. And that's at five point thirty.
Speaker 4: Starts at seven dollars.
Speaker 2: Six o'clock is a dollar.
Speaker 4: Minigames at seven o'clock is when the regular bingo starts, and so you can get there five thirty and kind of go kind of go late. What's nice about this bingo is all the prizes for the main games it's fifty dollars prize for each game. I think the last game is a blackout game and that's got a three hundred dollars pot to it. So so you can you can come out and and I went big on that helped the choir help yourself, that's right. And again that's gonna help not only with with the musical but but also you know some of the other choir things that the Boosters take care of throughout the year.
Speaker 1: Now the spring is going to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, blame this, Yeah, and so that's that's gonna come in April, and so we're working hard. Uh some of our local businesses that are also going to be hit up for for some sponsorship.
Speaker 2: This No, it's not.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, they're aiming to have the rotating stage and all of that kind of stuff, and so it's going to be bigger sets, bigger costumes.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: This is actually the twentieth anniversary of the Fine Arts Center and what they opened with twenty years ago was Le miserab cost a lot more to put on twenty years later, which we've we found out and so uh so this bingo will be kind of the first four a into let's let's get some fundraising going for putting that show on. And if anybody wants tickets, if you know a choir students, they can sell you tickets, so they know how to do that. You can email ms Walker, she's the choir director. Her email is is Walker Walker t L Walker t L at bps okay dot org.
Speaker 1: Now, we also have a choir performance coming up here in very short order.
Speaker 4: We've got several and they're they're the Jazz choir writors, also in the Jazz Choir.
Speaker 2: Well ninth and tenth.
Speaker 4: That's that's this weekend, right, So the what's it called the Crystal Markets, Chris Kendle Market, the ok Mozart fundraiser downtown.
Speaker 2: They're going to be performing what Saturday, Yeah, Saturday at five.
Speaker 4: And Sunday at two, So you can go and take care of take a look at the market and support ok mozart and there you know the kids are to be performed there. They're already working on Christmas music. You started way before Halloween, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, right after the first.
Speaker 1: And this is going to be great. You guys are keeping busy, you're keeping active, and we've got so much to celebrate and our Bartlesville High School Fine Arts Center, just one great production after another and producing really nice human beings as a result too, because a lot of these kids come out they battle tested, because you have to learn how to get along, you have to learn how to struggle a little bit, and you also get to celebrate. So you get kind of a whole nice round package of emotions and challenges and celebrations all wrapped up into one pretty good school we got home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and good kids. I'm partial to this one, but of course, but all of them are. All of them are good kids, very special. If they want to find any more information about this stuff, we have a website Bartlesville Choir dot com.
Speaker 2: Really easy to remember that that is.
Speaker 1: I want to take you both for coming in today, and let's uh, let's make sure that you get those Bingo tickets and also get some tickets to see the show. Okay, coming, Thank you very much,