Speaker 1: Welcome back to The Michael Cohen Show on our continued journey to two hundred and fifty thousand subscribers. Yeah, we're moving again, So hit the subscribe button and do me a favor share this with your friends because this is extremely extremely important. Now I want to talk to you about this past weekend. And during this past weekend, you may have seen that Trump went on Meet the Press with Kristen Welker, and it was his first interview post election. And I think that there's so many aspects to this interview that it requires us to discuss it. So you know that we've spoken a lot about Trump planning to weaponize the DOJ. Much has been discussed about Trump intended to weaponize the DOJ, and I want to show you first a clip of him talking about potentially jailing Liz Cheney.
Speaker 2: Play the clip and Cheney was behind it, Well, so was Benny Thompson and everybody on that committee.
Speaker 3: We're going to for what they did? Yeah, honestly they should go to jail.
Speaker 4: So you think Liz Cheney should go to jail for what everyone on the committee?
Speaker 3: You? I think anybody that voted in are you're going.
Speaker 4: To Director FBI director in your attorney general to send them to jail.
Speaker 3: Not at all.
Speaker 2: I think that they'll have to look at that. But I'm not gonna I'm going to focus on drill, baby, drill.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, this is the danger that we keep talking about. He doesn't need to tell them what to do. I testify to that over and over and over again. Like a mob boss. He's not going to go to let's just say it's Cash Patel becomes the FBI director. He's not going to say to Cash Patel, Cash, do me a favor. I want you to look at Liz Cheney and make sure that she gets a pretty swift and a pretty significant justcence. That's not what they're going to do. Cash Patel already knows. He just put it out on television in the first post election interview, so they know what their direction already is without having to be told. I mean, then again, he starts talking about tariffs, spreading these false promises all about tariffs and what they're going to do.
Speaker 4: Play that clipfield, Sir, Your previous tariffs during your first administration cost Americans some eighty billion dollars, and now you have major companies from Walmart, Blackendecker AutoZone saying that any tariffs are going to force them to drive up prices for their consumers.
Speaker 3: How do you.
Speaker 4: Make sure that these CEOs, that these companies don't in fact pass on the cost of tariffs to their consumers.
Speaker 2: They cost Americans nothing. They made a great economy for us. They also solve another problem if we were going to have problems having to do with wars and having to do with other things tariffs. I have stopped wars with tariffs by saying, you guys want to fight, it's great, but both of you are going to pay tariff to the United States at one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that none of that makes any sense at all. For God's sakes, come on, you know again, Trump is going to be our president come January twentieth of twenty twenty five. He didn't stop wars based upon tariffs. In fact, you may remember and go back and look this up, so you know that what you're getting right here on the Michael Cohen Show, it's not innuendo or anger towards the man. No, it's fact. It's reality. Here's how the tariff system works. The country who's going to get hit with the tariff of one hundred percent. They're not going to end up losing their profit. They're going to pass it on to the wholesaler or to the distributor, who then passes it on to the wholesaler, who then passes it on to the retailer, who passes it on to come on, you know the answer the consumer, it's us. They're all going to make their same profit. They're just going to drive the prices up. And remember also going back into twenty seventeen, for example, when Trump hit Canada with an aluminum tariff, what did he do? He gave them a waiver afterwards. I mean, this is just ridiculous. It's it's just not true. And yeah, I would like for him to concentrate on stopping wars, but tariffs, that's just not the way it's going to work. It's going to be maybe our militaries might or maybe it'll be our diplomatic our diplomats going out and creating diplomacy between countries, but tariffs one hundred percent inaccurate. All right? Then, of course, since we're talking about war, they turned to the Ukraine Russia war, discussing if Ukraine should prepare for less aid from the United States something that Zelenski and many people are concerned about, especially Poland. Play that clip?
Speaker 4: Should Ukraine prepare for? Lef said from the United States, after your Sawig into office, probably sure.
Speaker 1: Said, yeah he's not. Again, why not believe what he's telling you, because then he goes on to say that he's going to end the war in twenty four hours. The question you need to ask yourself how play this clip?
Speaker 4: You said you can end the war in twenty four hours. You've even said you want to try to end it before you're you're actively trying to have you talked to President Putin?
Speaker 3: No, I have none.
Speaker 4: You haven't talked to President No.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to say that, but I haven't spoken to him recently.
Speaker 4: So you've spoken to President Putin since you.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say anything about that because I don't want to do anything that could impede the negotiation. But you've done what I have talked about.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah again an answer, a straight answer would be so refreshing. I mean, seriously, we already know that you had multiple conversations with Putin. It it has already been written about and discussed multiple times. So don't say that you have it. Oh, recently, what does the word recently mean? The last hour, the last twenty four hours, the last seventy two hours, What does recently mean to you? See, that's a very interesting and very sneaky way of putting it, which is just wrong. It's just wrong, all right. Then he also claims during that same interview that he wants to end birthright citizenship.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Last night on my TikTok, I do a TikTok show every night. One of the people who came up because we had people go live was a young lady who was adopted from Columbia, and she's petrified. Despite the fact she's been in this country thirty five years, holds a US passport, she's concerned that birthright citizenship would end up sending her back to Columbia. Here's the funny thing. She doesn't even speak Spanish. She took French in school. Play the clip.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you about some of your other promises on this topic. You've promised to end birthright citizenship on day one. Is that still your plan?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 4: The Fourteenth Amendment, though, says that quote all persons born in the United States are citizens, can you get around the fourteenth Amendment.
Speaker 2: With an executive a change would maybe have to go back to the people.
Speaker 3: But we have to end it with the only country that has it through an executive action. No, we're the only country that has it.
Speaker 2: Do you know, if somebody sets a foot, just a foot.
Speaker 3: One foot, you don't need to on our land.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, you are now a citizen of the United States of America. Yes, we're going to end that because it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Nor executive action.
Speaker 2: Well, if we can through executive action. I was going to do it through executive action, but then we had to fix COVID first.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, Yeah, again, there's so much that needs to be done. I agree with Donald that government is a freaking mess, but you want to make it worse now you're talking about ending birthright citizenship. He goes on to say he doesn't want to break up families during his mass deportation initiative, which is at least very nice of him. Right, we don't want to separate children again like last time from their parents. In fact, they're still like a thousand children separated from their families and we're talking about eight years. Play that clip.
Speaker 4: Something let me ask you about another group of people, the estimated four million families in America who have mixed immigration status. So I'm talking about parents who might be here illegally, but the kids are here legally. Your borders aren't just about yeah, well, I mean there are two aspects of this your border. Zaara tom Hommat said, they can be deported together. Is that the plan?
Speaker 2: That way you keep the foot Not? Well, I don't want to be breaking up families. So the only way you don't bring up the family as you keep them together and you have to send them all.
Speaker 4: Back, even kids who are here legally, Well, well.
Speaker 3: What's you going to do if they want to stay with the father. Look, we have to have rules and regulations.
Speaker 2: You can always find something out, like you know, this doesn't work, That doesn't work. I'll tell you what's going to be horrible When we take a wonderful young woman who's with a criminal, and they show the woman and she could stay by the law, but they show the woman being taken out or they want her out, and your cameras are focused on her as she's crying, as she's being taken out of our country, and then the public turns against us.
Speaker 3: But we have to do our job, and you.
Speaker 1: Have I don't even have anything to say about that. I really don't. I'm so disappointed the man who I have known for over two decades. This is what you're talking about, birthright citizenship, mass deportation, not breaking up family. Seriously. Then, interestingly enough, Welker asks Trump if he plans for the United States to stay in NATO. Another issue I was recently in Italy. I was brought to Italy to speak in front of an entire crowds like two hundred and fifty people on television, and this was one of the questions that they asked me. Do I think that the United States is going to stay in NATO. Let's hear it from the guy himself, play the cliper.
Speaker 4: Well, the United States stay in NATO while you're in office anywhere NATO. Do you commit that the United States will remain a member of NATO while you're in office?
Speaker 3: Again, they have to pay their bills. If they pay their bills.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, but not if they don't pay their bills.
Speaker 2: But NATO's take an advantage of us, because we would go look two things. Number one, they take advantage of us on trade, meaning the European nations.
Speaker 3: Okay, like terrible.
Speaker 2: They don't take our cars, they don't take our food products, they don't take anything they take. It's a disgrace. And on top of that, we defend them. So it's a double where mey. So let me just tell you I was able to get hundreds of billions of dollars put into NATO just by a tough attitude.
Speaker 3: I said to the countries, I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Protect you unless you pay, and they started paying and that amounted to the more than six hundred billion dollars. That's a big thing. Otherwise they wouldn't even be fighting. They wouldn't have any money to fight if they're paying their bills. And if I think they're doing a fair they're treating us fairly. The answers, Absolutely, I'd stay with NATO.
Speaker 4: But if not, you would consider the possibility of absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, yeah. What that is is a very very as Donald likes to say, it's the weave, right, it's a weavy way of saying he's going to extricate the United States from NATO unless he thinks that they're all paying their fair share and so on, Well, what if out of ten NATO countries nine are one, isn't Is he then going to turn around and say, well, so and so isn't therefore the United States' out probably yes. Well, then, of course the conversation turns to the next big topic, Trump's healthcare plans. This is a nightmare. Play the clip.
Speaker 2: Here's and then he voted against Nobody understands.
Speaker 4: Sir, you said during the campaign you had concepts of a plan. Do you have an actual plan at this point for healthcare?
Speaker 2: Yes, we have concepts of a plan that would be better.
Speaker 4: Still just concepts. Do you have a fully developed plan?
Speaker 3: Let me explain.
Speaker 2: We have the biggest healthcare companies looking at it. We have doctors who we're always looking because Obamacare stinks, it's lousy.
Speaker 3: There are better answers.
Speaker 2: If we come up with a better answer, I would present that answer to Democrats and to everybody else, and I do something about it. But until we have that or until they can approve it, but we're not going to go through the big deal. I am the one that saved Obamacare, I will say, and I did the right thing. I could have done the more political thing and killed it. And all I had to do was starve it today.
Speaker 4: You did try to have your Justice Department effectively kill it though.
Speaker 2: No kill it from a legal standpoint, but from a physical standpoint, I made it work in.
Speaker 1: Your I don't even know what the hell that means. Look, if there is a plan that's better than Affordable Character, I'm sure there's like thirty six million Americans that live thanks to the Affordable Care Act, that they have health coverage because of the Affordable Care Act. If there's something better, by all means, I'd rather I don't care if we call it the Obamacare, you call it trump Care. As long as people have healthcare coverage and that they don't have to end up sacrificing their lives because they can't afford to see a doctor, this is I mean, this is the United States of America we're talking about. I mean, then, speaking of healthcare, Welker then goes on to ask Trump if he plans on releasing his own medical records, as all presidents other than Donald have done. Play this clip.
Speaker 4: When you think about your time in office, you are making history for a range of reasons, including the fact you will be the oldest person to be sworn into office. Do you commit to releasing your medical records.
Speaker 3: Sure, I do it all the time. I think I've released four of them, not.
Speaker 4: Just a letter, though you your full medical report.
Speaker 2: I would, and I think anybody should have good I mean, according to all the reports.
Speaker 3: I don't want to wear's wood. Is this in wood where I cannot good wood? But my reports are very good, very strong.
Speaker 4: So you planned to release you have no problem with it.
Speaker 1: She's right. He did not release his medical reports. He released a report, but not the medical records right now. Of course he turned around and you'll release things like, oh, his cholesterol was a little high and so on. But they didn't put in any of the any of the juicy sort of stuff that we want to know. Does he have block karated right? What's his what's his score? You know nothing? Nothing. Well, you had is doctor Ronnie Jackson, who he referred to as Ronnie Johnson. He had Ronnie Jackson turns and he's the healthiest president ever in the history of this country. Lastly, last I want to show you a clip of Welker now asking Trump, this is great about the Democrats rigging the past election. You can't make this stuff up because again it goes right back to where we started all with the big lie play the clip.
Speaker 4: Democrats have control of the White House now they didn't in twenty twenty. If they are going around stealing elections.
Speaker 3: Why Democrats have control now.
Speaker 4: Of the White House? So why didn't they steal this election since they have more power now?
Speaker 3: Because I think it was too big to rig.
Speaker 1: Okay, so when he loses, it's rigged. When he wins, it's too big, it can't be rigged. And so on again. Don't we all just want to take the tone down? Don't we all want to see the president, regardless of whether it was Kamala Harris or whether it's Donald Trump, succeed. And I think the answer is yeah, because we all want to succeed. We want our country to succeed. And the way that we start by succeeding is being honest. That's the most important thing. Be honest to the American people, and not just Donald Trump, the entire administration. They need to be honest to the American people so that we know what's legitimately going on. And as always, my friends, thanks for listening. Hey everyone, first of all, thanks for watching. I mean, we're going to be posting daily episodes with reactions and talking about politics. We'll be talking about everything in fact, so please Liken subscribe join us on this journey